Speaker 1: Look mader oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, we loves culture ding Dong lost culture. This calling.
Speaker 1: It's a big day. We've sang our guests song in front of her already because I.
Speaker 3: First heard about the truly Seminal Suerb. I was gonna say superior single two hands through you because you were saying in the group chat ooh, two hands just came on in the coffee shop and I couldn't help it.
Speaker 1: It was a shoulder shaker in the coffee shop. Did you say, like you you caught yourself like just trating you were giving you were giving tate in the coffee shop. I mean, listen, it's one of those it doesn't really matter who's around, right, you know what I'm saying. Just we haven't acknowledged this.
Speaker 3: This is and we're not like big dogging in front of our guests or anything, but we this.
Speaker 1: Is our first time we've seen our award twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four Webby Award winner Best Podcast Individual Episodes Comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is really good. So we were we were thinking that maybe our guests could present us with the award. Yeah, you give us our Webby Award.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course what's a Webby.
Speaker 1: Okay, so much award is if you do anything on the internet like post or comments. Yeah, you know, you might get.
Speaker 2: You can get nominated for a Webby.
Speaker 1: Anyone with any online activity is sort of up for this. Wow, this is the individual episodic comedy episode.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And so like, we're just kind of in our chairs. Yeah, so, I guess ceremony just pretend you're opening an envelope. Well, we're nervous.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty four Webby Award winner goes to Matt Rogers and Bowie to get this from Tate McCray. Thank you, congratulations guys.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you have a speech for Baird. No, you guys just want to thank Tate McCray for gifting us with this. We couldn't have gotten from someone that's more important to culture at this moment. And this is going to dovetail into our intro. So close to what we are in, the so close to what era.
Speaker 3: We're in, the so close to what we're in, the mispossessive era, misposinessive tour.
Speaker 2: Era as it were, And we've been in the era.
Speaker 1: We've been in the era Okay.
Speaker 3: I think by the time this episode comes out, we we we've gotten to listen to the album. Early album comes out February twenty. First hitting tour.
Speaker 1: Starts March eighteenth, even the season tour, PISCE season tour. I think it's just after we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right after we got to talk.
Speaker 1: About your your signs and please, we got to talk about your.
Speaker 2: There's there's, there's three, we bring out the tarot cards.
Speaker 1: We don't know shit.
Speaker 3: She is someone who we've spoken up about on this podcast. Is an equally balanced three header just three hyphen it. I guess it's two hyphens, but it's three tight singer, songwriter, dancer, all three.
Speaker 1: She's truly incredible. The album hadn't come out. I think Lard hadn't come out when you were in SNL.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I was still making it.
Speaker 1: You were still making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd heard Greedy obviously had heard you Broke Me first. I was like, I like this take.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: The first time I heard Tate was on you. It was on Troy's track.
Speaker 2: Great song.
Speaker 3: And then she comes on SNL and then it's whatever, we'll bring her in first, and then I wanted to I just want to tell you about this moment because it was truly an earth shaking moment for everybody at snl okay.
Speaker 1: But we love her so much.
Speaker 3: Listen to the album out February twenty. First, please welcome into your ears Tay Cray.
Speaker 1: You putting up with our bullshit and giving us for our award.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I didn't know what. I didn't know when to come in.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, we actually do we do that intro for everyone, and it's actually since we've started doing video, people get really upset because they see the person sitting there.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like it's not just like you. I felt like it was like a closed conversation. It was a close conversation everyone.
Speaker 1: The tots are going to be out there being like, why the fuck are they wasting her time?
Speaker 2: But they'll be fine. They sweet. They're sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to like sort of create a really nice fan community has to feel good.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, they're great.
Speaker 1: Feel the exception to the rule. It feels like every fandom is like a little bit mean and they're terrifying.
Speaker 2: All stands I think are a little terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you get here? Were you ever a terrifying stand for someone and you get closest.
Speaker 2: I honestly, I think like the closest like fan girl I've been is like to Ariana Grande, Yeah, like I've just been obsessed with her for a very long yes, and I yeah, she's like the closest I think I've gotten. And then maybe like Rihanna, like yeah, I feel like those two are like the girls that I'll like die for and Navy.
Speaker 3: But because this is the thing, like I'm sure the Britney comparisons are like flattering, but at the same time, you were like a Zygo when she was like out there, like already very popular.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that, like a lot of the millennial gaze are like it's Britney two point know, like get on board, And I'm like, I wonder how you feel about that because she wasn't it wasn't like us what it was like we remember when Brittany came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think comparisons are just hard because like obviously every person that comes into the scene, they instantly get a comparison to people just like familiarity. But I think it's just hard because like you can't create, like recreate great art like that, like it's a new thing.
Speaker 3: I bring this up not to like reiterate this, but I'm just saying, like you stand are because that is your generation of like coming up watching Nickelodeon and being like, oh my god, I love her, you know what I mean. And it wasn't necessarily Brittany at the time because you were like still.
Speaker 2: Like like a baby baby zero literally zero years old. Yeah, a little bit. I want to be that was like being the knife is is a nice feeling.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to be an iPad baby more than anything else. But is just a baby that's on the iPad and there heaven, but there their brains are they are frying like a baby that just can absolutely slay a device.
Speaker 2: I think there's most babies now, It's crazy. Yeah, Tay.
Speaker 3: Do you think the slutty glasses are the accessory of the year? The little these ones, the ones that everyone wears as someone who's notas are not the slutty glasses. But I'm saying everyone's wearing the slut glasses.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you really pushed that forward in a huge way and really so proud, Yes.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I love the slutty glass. Like I think it's really nice.
Speaker 1: Right, why are you wearing them now?
Speaker 2: I didn't think it really fit. Today is a classy day to day Yeah, glassy day.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for classing it up, of.
Speaker 2: Course, have you No, I haven't really Okay, let's look please. I mean Dangerous Woman was like, yeah, it was like my shit. I just think that Into You is like the best pop song ever created.
Speaker 1: Have you got on record to say this before?
Speaker 2: Because I actually don't think so.
Speaker 1: This is this can unite, this can heal the nation's wounds. Okay, because we can all agree across generations that Into You is one of the best pop songs ever.
Speaker 2: I truly think it is one of the best of all times. And I think it like didn't at first, like get the recognition that it deserves. I do think it was actually pop perfection. And I remember talking to Ali about it, who like produced the song, and he was like, we crafted it over like such a long time, and yeah, chorus is insane. Yeah, yeah, it's it's a it's a perfect song. So I think dangerous one was like my favorite. There's also just like little album cuts that when I was younger were just like my ship, just like in the car like really feeling them, like thinking about you and I and touch it or just like insane touch it.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like because into You loom so large, and people talk about that song even though it like was a single and people agreed didn't get the shine. The song that gets lost is touch It.
Speaker 2: I fully agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so good, those hooks crazy wait, I was It's okay, I'm okay hmm, So talk about that is the first time working.
Speaker 1: With him, right, I've worked with them a couple he did stuff on the last album he.
Speaker 2: I've worked with him like a couple of times, but we haven't released that many records together. I write all the time. Yeah yeah, but this was like one of my first first ones I wrote with him.
Speaker 1: When I first became like super aware of you. Was You Broke Me First? And do you want to know why? It's because I was scrolling and Kelly Clarkson had covered You Broke Me First on her show, and I remember she did like a different arrangement of it, like she did like a more like like I guess Kelly Clarkson, but the lyrics were jumping out and I was like, I get why she picked this song because they're the lyrics are great, and you're such a great writer, and I feel like sometimes in the dance of it all, like when you see someone like slaying as hard and executing on such a level as you are, people aren't realizing that there's like real writing going on. Have you been doing that since before you started like taking dance as seriously or was it always like an equal passion or is that something that you discovered when you realize like recorded music could be a thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I started off as a dancer. Yeah, so trained super intensely since I was eight years old, like forty hours a week, Like I was at a ballet school.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, your ballet train, that's intense.
Speaker 2: Like six hours of ballet a day, like very intense. At one point, I like literally went to Berlin to become a ballerina, like wow. And then I was like this is for me, yeah, because it was so difficult. Yeah, I mean I was twelve at the time. I was like competing in ballet, Like I was just like I need to I was so creative. I just needed to like not do the same thing every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then it was the you can get dance after yea, so thin you.
Speaker 2: Dance at age thirteen and then when I was thirteen, so yeah, I was competing my whole life. Dance was like everything to me. I was like, there's this is the only thing I'm going to do in my life is dance. And then I went on So you Think you Can Dance and move to LA for two and a half months, and then got back home to Calgary and I was I was just like, I am so bored, right, I was just on TV came third place. Yeah, it was. It was really crazy two and a half months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you were in it till the bitter at We were in too.
Speaker 2: The end and I was like the only Canadian on this like American voted show.
Speaker 1: It was right, which is kind of impressive to place third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was weird, like none of my friends or family could like vote in the show. I'm like, well, fuck, this sucks. But yeah. So I got home and I started this YouTube channel and I was like I'm going to choreograph dances every week and post them every Friday and post on YouTube. And then one day my camera broke and I was like, fuck my camera broke, Like this is ruined, Like my Friday posting isn't happening. So then I locked myself in my bedroom and I was just like, I'm just gonna write a song. And so I taught myself how to play the chords of Tequila by Dan and Shay. Wow. Great song, Wow. And I started playing these like c chords and then wrote this song in like two hours, and then showed my parents and they were like, absolutely not, you cannot like put this song in. I was like, this is like not good. Like they didn't get it at the time that.
Speaker 1: You were in the zone. You were locked the fuck in. I was locked in two hours, you wrote a song.
Speaker 2: I was locked in. They were like, can you please shut up? I was like singing so much, and then like blew up overnight and just became that song. Blew up overnight, like got called by like fourteen record labels within like two weeks, and then all of a sudden, like I was like, Okay, maybe I should like start songwriting more. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I feel like there was a time when dance got kind of compartmentalized into something else, and then you merged the two, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then after eventually when I released She Broke Me First at age sixteen, I was still in high school, finishing homeschooling and finishing everything, and then doing dance on one side and then singing on the other side. My career started to like pick up a little bit, and but I was stuck at home in COVID, So I started this like singing career. But I was like, dance is just so separate, like this isn't a thing that should be mixed. Like, so I just never knew how to connect the dots. I was just like, this will be the one side of me, and then the other side of me is just a thing of the past, right, And that obviously as I grew up, like seventeen eighteen nineteen, I was just like something is like really missing. And then I ended up like being like I want to do pop more and yeah, and so then I feel like I've like finally found a perfect mesh of like dance and singing.
Speaker 1: So what happened at SNL was you came in on Thursdays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 3: It's just because we get the feed the camera feed upstairs on the seventeenth floor as we're writing and doing rewrites for the week. It was Jason Momoa as your host. Yeah, that was a fun show. It was he was like giving everybody his like new vodka. Did he give you a bottle of vodka?
Speaker 2: My books? Okay, thank god because you were a minor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you were on the bleachers. You were doing greedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and everyone was like it reminded me of when we when BTS came and like they were doing their dances and everyone was like, ah something like something about dance on that stage is really really powerful, right, and you were doing it like throwing your I love. I was going crazy because and this is a crazy comparison, but I've been watching like old Jackie Chan movies and like that man uses his body like a fucking Swiss army knife, and you were doing the same. I was like, you were going off and we were all screaming and with Joy being like this girl is amazing. And it was this moment on the and the writer's room where we're all like we're just freaking out over you.
Speaker 2: Really, I was so nervous. I would imagine it also just feels like on that stage is so small, like doing a dance break. I was like, is this kind of weird? I didn't know. I really didn't know, because I was just like, oh my god, it's just like a little extra to be doing a full dance break on like a little box.
Speaker 1: Oh, but I get because it is so much smaller than you think. When you go in there, you're like, wait, this is the whole last set.
Speaker 2: And also the sound in there is very like it's weird, weird. It's just a little empty sounding like it's like full but then also empty in a way like I could hear every sneaker, Like that's so crazy crazy.
Speaker 3: Because it's like basically like we call them the bleachers as it were, but it's like a mezzanine and it's wide, and then the floor audience is like to your left, yes, and so you're performing this way, but most of the audiences like in this concentration, and it's just.
Speaker 2: You're not really performing to the audience.
Speaker 1: Or to the cameras in a way.
Speaker 3: It's hard to parse it out, but like did like the experience on like a show. I got a TV show help with that before or now, I think so.
Speaker 2: The weird part about dancing and singing is when I was a dancer, I used to like hold on my nerves in my throat all right, and then I can just cough on stage and they no one would hear me because the music was loud.
Speaker 1: You're you're an asthma legend.
Speaker 2: I'm an asthma legend. Yeah, that's a crazy asthma legends. Oh okay, you embrace it?
Speaker 1: Or did I say something insane?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I do embrace it, thank you. Yeah, I mean it's stuck with me.
Speaker 1: You've had to embrace it.
Speaker 2: I had to. Ye. Yeah, I've heard.
Speaker 1: I've just heard you talking about your in tailor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. I embrace it.
Speaker 1: You must. There's no choice but to embrace it, because it's there is Greedy, the song that changed everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think you wrote me first changed like a little bit, and then Greedy I think changed just like the way people like maybe looked at me right just because they didn't know I danced that part.
Speaker 1: That's I guess what I mean is it's like when I say changed everything, I'm specifically talking about like the way that you fuse both sides of your creativity, because honestly, when I heard you broke me first, it would never have crossed my mind that you were not only a dancer, but the best dancer. Then when I found out you know she came from so you think you could dance. I was like, huh, because it really does soul polar opposite. And so then you make this decision. And is Greedy a song that unlocked things or was it like that just the single in that group of things.
Speaker 2: I think it unlocked a lot from me. Yeah. I think figuring out how to write over a beat that I would actually dance to was like mission impossible for me. Yeah. I was just like, I write ballads and I know how to write over piano and chords and things that make me feel things, and then I basically just had to train myself to write over beats. Yeah, and it's hard. It's just like a learning how to do something.
Speaker 3: Even the style of songwriting is changing. Is You've also said that, like you like doing your set of chords, but now it's like songwriting now is like it's got to.
Speaker 1: Take a weird little turn and the middle or something unpredictable. Yeah, is it hard to keep up with?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I think you're It's just times are different now. Like I used to write songs for my middle school and high school emotional self, and that was just like my form of expression and very therapeutic for me. And now it's like my career, so it feels like now I envision it on tour, I envision it like I think there's just like way more components that come into the songwriting room that just change it for me. And that's like very inspiring. Thinking about tour and thinking about performances while you're writing it.
Speaker 1: Has just different because I would imagine like will you will you break it down and like do like not to reveal what you're going to be doing, but like will you give an acoustic set? Like is that something that exciting?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I love acoustic seats too, because then it feels like that full side of.
Speaker 4: Me that you know isn't like the right what I usually do on story because you would imagine that it's like like I'm someone that knew you from you broke me first, and what struck me at first because I wasn't even hearing you singing.
Speaker 1: I was hearing Kelly singing. I was like, well, these lyrics are great. And also for that to be one of your early songs, it's kind of complicated that like no.
Speaker 2: No no no no no no no no no no no no no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: It's like it's kind of like complicated. So just songwriting jumped out to me first and then but but probably the world first like heard you on Greedy and like knows you as a dancer, so this, yeah, probably people, most people don't know that you're going to give the songwriting depth that you're gonna give, So that's going to be exciting for people to discover at the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think my my real fans know that. Sometimes it is difficult because people only see like me doing a dance break online and they'll be like, she never sings, right, I'm singing this whole shah.
Speaker 1: I've been singing.
Speaker 2: I've been singing, and someone they just like they only see the hands breaks. So then I'm just like, oh, like it's sometimes like you need to watch the whole show. You don't know, you don't know the whole picture. I think.
Speaker 3: I think the rollout for this album has been like mission accomplished. It's like it's like it is all living in the same space, thank you, because like it's okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Like the first time I saw it, I was like, oh my god, she's he was getting arrested.
Speaker 2: Moment.
Speaker 3: It's a pop moment, and then there we went there and then two Hands. I'm like, this is this is the best thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Do you have a car? Thing?
Speaker 2: It was mostly just because I feel like the album was like a lot of it just uh was around like these road visuals. Every time that I would like write a song, just envision like a never ending road. And maybe that was because I was literally on the road all year and like felt like things were never ending. Yeah, but I had that like con and visual in my head. Some I heard two Hands, I was like, we can do a video like this that could be really sick. And then sports car has happened to be the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay you literally you're saying tour felt never ending? You just finished? Yeah, you're you're about to go back?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How does that sit with you? I mean luckily I love tour. Yeah, I think it's very fun. This is also my first time doing arenas, yeah, which has been like a lifelong dream of mine. So I'm very like excited for that. That have to be It's like feels like a new chapter. I also, as a dancer, I feel like you are just used to just say never stopping.
Speaker 1: Oh so yeah, the pace of life is is it will be daunting for anyone, but it's something that you're accustomed to. Yeah, I think so as a dnswer because the ballet training is like you might as well be living in like a nunnery.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Discipline it is.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It's exhausting, honestly that about ballerinas. I think I have like one of the hardest jobs in the world. Right, Yeah, this is easier to sometimes being a pop star feels a little easier in some way, like a little bit like a little more relaxing.
Speaker 1: Do you find that you can connect with like other pop girls, like because I would have like because it sounds like of course for fans being like, oh, like they think about the pop girly thing and like, you know, there's that discussion obviously about like Charlie and Lord and like them bridging the gap and everything. How have you felt it's been like entering that lexicon of people, you know what I mean? Like pop girls, I feel like there's like support and it's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we luckily, I think right now, are in a time of just like there's so much hate on the internet and so much hate in the world that like, internally, it's just like very supportive, the most supportive, and all we want to do is see each other when yeah, like all my friends and I we just have very wholesome relationships. Anytime we hang out. It's just very very wholesome. I think that's very lucky right now because it is like we all know how much we get like beat up on the internet, So it's like nice to have friends that like are.
Speaker 1: Actually real demonic outside of your.
Speaker 2: We're like knit. Like it's literally like very sweet because the.
Speaker 3: Only thing you guys have in common is that you are getting insane energy from the internet.
Speaker 1: That is the only thing you guys. But because of them in that circumstance, you know what I mean, Like that is like that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. It is weird. It is weird because sometimes like you're just like I just started writing for fun and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it becomes this fucking thing.
Speaker 2: It becomes huge, like whoa, Like you don't expect to get We know that you're like meant to be judged and music is subjective, but you never expect like the personal attacks that breaks out, Like you're like, oh, this is a huge deal for no reason. Rites and that is crazy.
Speaker 1: Was Amy Allen?
Speaker 2: She was?
Speaker 1: She was She was on Think Later too, or you guys were working together even before that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started working with her on Think Later and this album.
Speaker 1: And this album.
Speaker 3: I feel like she's getting this like shine now because of the Grammy. Yeah, you just want and like like working through you and like sabrin it. It's like talk about that process because it seems like you two are very keyed into each other in terms of like the work ethic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Amy Allen is one of the most talented songwriters I've ever met in my life. She's so incredible, such a badass girl. I worked with her and Julia Michael's a lot on this album. I think it's just interesting, like no one understands a girl perspective quite like another girl. So like you can like have other producers in the room, but it's just like she gets it. Like I can kind of just like say this is happening with my boyfriend em and she'll be like, oh my god, exactly the same and it's easier.
Speaker 1: To like put in towards yeah, totally, but it is.
Speaker 2: It's very inspiring. We have two different like processes in songwriting and obviously different perspective is because we're just have grown up differently. So it's it's been really fun. I just feel like I get new knowledge every time I work with her.
Speaker 1: So when you guys are together, is it like she hops on keys and like what is it?
Speaker 2: Like? What M say?
Speaker 1: No, I'm literally like sometimes when I see these people, like I just wonder, like who actually plays in the room?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean the process to me is what's so interesting?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well it kind of depends. So if I'm in the studio alone and I'm just writing on my own, someone will play chords or whatever, and I'll like sit in the corner for like a couple hours, right, go into the studio track and that's it. If I'm with like a co writer like an Amy or Julia or Ryan, usually will start a beat or whatever. We'll kind of get like the vibe for the song. Then we'll discuss what the song is about. I see, you need to be on the same page, right, You're working towards the same goal, right, And then it usually just becomes like this, like you find the magic at some point of what the song is and what you both relate on and then you kind of just like spit back and forth. It's like different lyrics back and forth and until the song is like built.
Speaker 1: But a lot of times that like starting with a beat in a track and then like a feeling develops around it for sure. Yeah, yeah cool.
Speaker 3: Is there a preference on a style? Is it like is solo? Because speaking this is not quite the same thing. Like I always prefer writing with people. Yeah, when it comes to like you know, comedy or scripts or whatever. It's like I've learned to like not feel so bad about like, oh I don't do so well.
Speaker 2: On my own.
Speaker 1: But do you have one preference?
Speaker 2: It's honestly just different like you other people have different strengths. Like Ryan Teddor is so good at a pop chorus, like and that is his strength. So I'm just like god, if I'm yeah, like if I want to walk into a room and I want to write a pop song like Ryan Amy, those are like pop choruses that like usually write the first thing they sing is like feels really good. But if I'm writing something that I feel like, is it hard to communicate? Like sometimes I feel like I can't really have a hard time discussing my emotions totally, so explaining it to someone is really even more complicated. So what I do is I need to be alone. I need to like have my subconscious thoughts like spit it out for me, and then I can like find perspective on the situation the relationship because I just really am not great at communicating and that's like why I started writing in the first place. But if I have like a concept it's less deep, deep deep in the back of your head, then it's it's fine with another person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because either way, you're just making sense of what the song is about, whether it's just you needing to like spill it out, like spill for a couple hours, or that you're like reconvening with Ryan and Amy and Julia to be like, what is this going to be? Yeah, it's the same destination.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of times where concepts are really obvious and they're like, oh, this is what I need to write about whatever. And then there's a lot of times where you can only fine perspective at the end of the process because then you figure out what you actually meant, and that just takes a lot of digging, like and that's where I need to be alone. But but like if it is an obvious like concept and it it's just like a something that is happening in my everyday life. There's some things that are sometimes like buried so deep that you're just like, I don't even know where this came from.
Speaker 1: What's an example of an obvious concept on the album?
Speaker 2: I would say an obvious concept like a song called Signs. I love Favorites. Signs is like the most obvious because I'm like, Okay, can you please fucking read my mind? Like you need to just like do better.
Speaker 1: You need to be able to read me if this is going to move forward, I shouldn't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: Literally, you should just know. You should know already. So this was me and Amy walking in. It was a five minute combo being like literally read my mind, and then we started writing the song. So that was very obvious. Yes, quick conversation, nothing too deep. I would say a song like Purple lce Bram Yeah, took a second to Like. It was me writing some concepts on my own and then came into the room and I cracked it with Amy because I had an idea and she helped me, like shape it a little yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So that one was like a little less obvious.
Speaker 1: So just like connect all this to when you were younger, because like songwriter is something you find out of like the camera, break camera, but before that, like you're doing dance and we'll ask you like the central question of the podcast in a second. But I just wonder, like as someone who was around you know, girls doing dance contests all the time, and like that was such a fun thing that we all did with each other as kids, Like did you have a long period of dance being really fun for you before it became like a job, and if so, or if not, how did you find the fun in it?
Speaker 2: Again, I've always just been obsessed with dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got like it's too much on the schedule, Like I'm hating dance right now.
Speaker 2: It's not really. It only started to get ugly at like age sixteen seventeen, where I was like I want to go to high school. I hear and I want to be a kid. And I remember feeling that was like I want to go to school with my brother. I want to go to a party. Yeah, I wanted do alcohol. I want to like it was just like that feeling of like I need to be normal.
Speaker 1: Right, and yet you have this extraordinary gift and opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it was a catch shooting two because I felt like the coolest I ever felt was when I was like in my element, Like I didn't feel like cool in school or like my personality always felt like a little awkward. And so I was like, oh, I'll feel myself when I am in my art and in my craft, and that's when people will like fully understand me. So it was weird because then I went to high school and I was like, oh my god, like now I've even more feelings because I feel so out of place. Yeah, and it was like not at ballet school anymore. And so then it drove me after that to like, you know, I think, really get into it again, like so to go.
Speaker 1: Back to it, yeah, because high school is a fucking beast. Yeah, I still think looking back, it was the hardest time. Yeah, And they they really tried to make you think this is the best four years ever. You're always gonna want to be You couldn't pay me to go back. No, No, I felt the same. High school was interesting.
Speaker 3: Calgary High School was interesting, like what's the vibe in Calgary High School?
Speaker 2: Probably the same ke No, Honestly, it was like it was like normal. It was just like the.
Speaker 3: Vibe okay, because I grew up in first a quick little second, I grew up in Brastward in Quebec. Oh whoa, okay, and maybe it's a French Canadian thing, but it's like it always seemed a little bit ironically. It seemed a little bit grittier, okay, like more in your face. But that's maybe the French, the French Canada thing.
Speaker 2: Like probably Calgary, I don't know, but Calgary feels like it's like it's not it's not BC.
Speaker 1: It's like it feels like for real Canadian. It's like Canada.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It is the streets, the streets in Canada.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one Street so okay. So but it just it was rough.
Speaker 3: It was just hard. It was it made you feel like it made us feel like crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah it didn't. It does didn't make me feel a little crazy because I was just like, oh, I feel really out of place, and I I feel so I thought, I like overthought and over analyzed myself before this. Now I'm like my personality is like the biggest problem in the world.
Speaker 1: So would you say, like, did that be the songwriting at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So that that's when I like really started. So, I mean I loved writing since I was a little kid. I'd write short stories and poems all the time. But that's when I really started to get into a songwriting because I felt so fucking crazy and I was just like, people need to understand me.
Speaker 1: It's like the second or third time you've said that it's about being understood. It's not about being like impress or anything, which I think is so interesting because your skills are so impressive. But it's not about that. It's about more you getting yourself across and being understood for sure.
Speaker 2: That's what it has always been for me. Is just like literally not being able to explain myself and then being able to explain myself fully through dance and singing and feeling so seen exactly how I want. Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 1: You feel like when you listen to your albums, like, is that the number one thing you want? Is like I feel like I got myself across there, like or what is it that's the goal?
Speaker 2: I think it's hard to do that because sometimes you're so locked in a bubble that of perfecting songs that you're just like, WHOA, what was that? Yeah, But that's I think, at the end of the day, the goal out of about every album.
Speaker 3: I think last time we were like, I have a harder time writing from a place of like joy and happiness because I is that so true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think.
Speaker 3: I asked that in such a crazy way. I'm just saying, like, because you do write in this place like I need to get these emotions out, I need to process in this way. And totally I don't need to process happiness because I'm feeling happy.
Speaker 1: It's hard to be driven to express.
Speaker 2: You know, I am. I think I'm a pretty happy person.
Speaker 1: Like I asked that in such a crazy way, I'm saying, no, No, it was.
Speaker 2: A great way. I mean, it's exactly what it is. I feel like I'm a very normally happy and like stable person, but then there's like one little hole instead of me that's so fucking sad. Yeah, And I don't know what that is, and it's just like that's what I write from.
Speaker 1: Do you get closer to figuring it out?
Speaker 2: Like is it? Like?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Men?
Speaker 5: Well, it's not now the answer is always yes, yes, no, I really don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's always like it's been since I was like a little little kid. It may be because I'm a cancer yeah, okay Scorpio Okay, yeah, what I know more about Piscis than I do Scorpio.
Speaker 1: Scorpio is the dark piss whoa And I say that and and and like all positive ways, Like Scorpio has the edge that Pisces can't muster up. And I feel that way about cancer too.
Speaker 2: That we don't have the edge.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you have cancer queens.
Speaker 2: Right, we're like a little spicy but really sense it's protective, right, like, so that's the hard shell, whereas like Scorpio, that's it's more of the stinger, you know what I mean. It's like Scorpio.
Speaker 1: Don't cross because I mean I always say about him, he doesn't suffer fools, right, Whereas I'm like I I will give everyone of the benefit of the doubt until and blame myself until I'm a puddle. Right.
Speaker 2: But cancer and pieces get along really well, same with Scorpios.
Speaker 1: We're worthy three water signs. Yeah cool, we all belong to splashing around together in those and we can protect each other but also open each other up.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like when you do write from a place of joy and happiness, it like it is a huge sort of success because is like two hands.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's so joyful.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. Well, I think then that clicks into my like performer side. Yeah, it feels like my alter ego feels like my side on tour, feels like the mode that isn't my like sensitive self is like what I turn on when it's time to perform. Yes, and that's if I'm going to write that kind of song, I have to be in that headspace.
Speaker 1: So my question is, like when when you are like creating a record that like pretty much already beforehand because you've had such huge success on streaming and radio and everything, and you're such an exciting artist and you're creating a new album, is there the pressure every time to go in there and like write a hit or is it more just about like today we're writing a single, or like today we're right, we're trying to fill out like something that I want to explore. Like, I guess how intentional is the process of writing something that's meant to catch.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's so hard because I try not to approach it that way because you just want to like go in and experiment for like months, and there hits a point where your labels like okay, experimentation is done, where's the single? And then it becomes really fucking stressful because then then you're just like, oh my god, what's the song? And this is where I become the most indecisive person. Of course, like my team like wants to shoot me when I'm picking a single because I can't decide and I can't hurt.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy like that they do turn to you and then they're like I even for me and my like comedy album, Like they turned to me and they were like, so, what's the single? And I was like, oh, I was supposed to pick. I feel like isn't that Don't you feel like it's kind of nice that it's your responsibility, but also you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh god, you see it. It's like you can see your own work when you're in the middle of creating it, like yeah, so many words and jumbles and you're like hearing yourself talk and sing back. That's like you can't pick right, you.
Speaker 1: Can't pick it's also like such a ready made rag from the fan community, like, oh, she picked the wrong you know. We we as like people that talk about pop culture like all the time, like we're guilty of it, like you, I mean, like when our fave like in retrospect, like clearly should have picked something else as the first single. It's like you know you you're like it's like a thing, but it's not as easy as it's so.
Speaker 2: It's a special skill and I don't have it. Really cannot make a single. It's so not obvious to me. It also sounds the same.
Speaker 1: But that shouldn't be part of your job.
Speaker 2: No, but literally that sucks. It is literally part of my job and very important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how have you felt about the singles this this go around? Like are you excited about the ones you picked?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so. Yeah, I think everything happens for a reason. Yeah, what's the reason? The reason is like I think you can always have doubts about songs, not like things about some songs, like things about other songs and wish The worst part is like you love things and then it's like the week to release. You know, this is the worst fucking song I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: Because you've listened to it too much at that.
Speaker 2: Point, yes, and now you're just like processing it too much. But I think Single Type for a reason. I think they've like they make sense and the album will make it all come together. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite song off the album? Like, what's the one you can't wait for everyone.
Speaker 2: To get to? Okay, I'm excited for Blood on my Hands. Yeah, And I'm excited for Like I Do because I feel like it's a little different.
Speaker 1: Like I Do is great flow Millie I've loved forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great. She's got like she does sound great. I've just also never done a song like that with a rapper, right.
Speaker 1: It's your first time with like a hip hop feature. Oh great, I know it's fun major.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, I want to shout out green Light because the bridge on that there's is it a vocal effect because there's like.
Speaker 1: A like you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seck, thank you green Light too.
Speaker 1: I think that was another one of our favorites. Shout it out.
Speaker 2: Green Light was one that I wrote on my own that was a hidden one where I was like, I don't know how I feel right now in this relationship, and not in not in a bad way, not in like I don't know how I feel. It was more or less just being like what am I feeling? And what I had felt was I was like still hurt from a past relationship. Yeah, and then I was like, fuck, I feel like I'm like waiting at it a green light and I literally just can't press the gas. And I thought that was such a weird feeling, and that was like the road metaphor, But that one was that almost funch right. I like that one too.
Speaker 1: It's like there's wow, there's like the poetry in that is like huge, thank you. Yeah. I feel that way so many times. Yeah, it's just it's hard to believe in yourself, Like it's hard to believe that you're like, yeah, sure you're giving me the go ahead, but is it gonna be worth it once you like really get on the ride with me. Totally's and it's scary of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also you just like can't unhear or undo things that have happened to you in the past. Care just stuck with you like you are now just a reflection of your past, and you have to learn how to like have a better experience and overshadow that, or you know, fall in love again and feel the good things again, but you have to like jump off first before you fall in love.
Speaker 1: I think the scary thing is it's like when you see how much you can give and how much it can go away, it's like, why would you ever do that again?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: And also knowing that the people who give you the most also you lose the most from them because they gave the most.
Speaker 2: It's so weird, like you never do this with friendships things in life where you are the closest person and then it's all of a sudden, just like nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that is so shocking to them. Death, Like it isn't death, that's heartbreak is so awful. Yeah, there's like I was talking about this the other day and I was just like, that was one of the worst feelings ever. Like any type of heartbreaks, You're just like, what is this? I shouldn't care this much? But I care so much.
Speaker 1: You care so much because also it's because because it's not actually a death, then people come in with their opinions on like you know, how much what you should be doing to get over it? How much time is okay? But it's literally grief. It is the loss of a person, and you wouldn't talk about someone's grief about an actual like loss to death in that way. So I don't think people should necessarily be judging it, like, yeah, every time I think of myself in my past being like girl, come on, move on, like you know what it is, it's like now that I've been through stuff like you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't I've ever got into like the it takes this long to get over something, what do they.
Speaker 1: Say, like half the duration of what it was.
Speaker 2: It's like, really, it's just wrong.
Speaker 1: And don't listen to people who tell you that.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's time for us to ask the question that we ask of all of our guests. This is Tate McCray. What was the culture that made you?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: Culture?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 1: This is when you can pinpoint. I think I started to become myself when that moment of pop culture like entered.
Speaker 2: Okay. I've thought long and hard about this because I'm really not like that into pop culture, like any culture, Okay, but I will say like one moment, I was like a big Disney Channel kid girl, and I really do think that that shaped my personality, and I remember that Hannah Montana was life changing for sure, just like me being like, well I have to become a pop girl now. Yeah, I have no other option, Like I have to become a pop star now, because that is so sick. I love a place, I like it. I love a place where I can put that version of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she kind of was doing what you talked about, which is like I do want to be a kid, but also I know I'm a star and that's how they'll understand me totally.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, that's how I kind of felt like in high school, Like not to that extent, of course, but like a little bit.
Speaker 3: Did that open up a country music for you too in a way or no, Like did.
Speaker 2: It make me want to do country music?
Speaker 3: Or just liked to give you an appreciation, like you're like Billy Ray, Like who's this man?
Speaker 1: This man doing country?
Speaker 2: You know what I can too, because Calgary for some reason is kind of country. Like we have like this one month in the summertime where literally the whole place is like haystacks, cowboy hats only country music. Isn't there a festival? Yeah stampede? Yeah, so weird, like it's just for one month, like awesome. The whole town goes like this ghoest country, straight country, there's whatever. So I'm like actually into country music. Yeah, but I did feel that like coming home, like when Miley would come home and she'd sing the climb and she takes off at just me like yeah, I just like remember being like this is going to be me one day, like but literally look yeah right?
Speaker 1: Was it also a little bit like seeing Mile and also seeing her as someone that was because I would imagine that it's like the Disney star thing looms so much around the Disney Channel and like kind of Montana. It's like you see kids that are your age or kids that you can identify with, like in the industry, proving that it's somehow possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I think that was really shoved in our faces at that age of like Disney Channel was glamorizing pop stars every show like camp Rock even like that was our era. Yeah, like oh my god, they were using yes yes exactly, just being like whoa, like this is legit?
Speaker 1: Like yeah you want to yes?
Speaker 2: Right. I just remember that feeling like this is the ship. This is the only thing in life is music.
Speaker 3: Miley and Hannah are like the Locust and does it then bring in like Selena and z and Dane r And Yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 2: The whole lore. I think that's what I wish I could like go back and be like, oh, it was an earlier pinpoint, but really it was Disney Channel.
Speaker 1: That was one.
Speaker 2: It like my brain was forming and I was that was I was watching that every day being like Alex and was what really places my personality is my life and I'm gonna go do camp Rock with Joe Jonas Like that was like, this is going to be my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's powerful, right, that's like, No, I'm by the way, did we get Disney Channel in Canada?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When I grew up there, it was like why TV was?
Speaker 2: You didn't get it? Oh? Y TV is uh.
Speaker 1: Like a Whit was like Canada' Nickelodeon.
Speaker 2: We had. My family had Disney Chow. He didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't have cap I don't even have cable, but like go to school and you would stay after school and would watch y TV. And there was a show called oh like you get.
Speaker 2: TV? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, we we had different versions of it. Can I tell you what? You would have been absolutely obsessed with because we're obviously the same age. You would have rowed so hard for Lizzie McGuire, I know, I know, I know I would have.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lizzie McGuire was she was everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was, she was sleep over.
Speaker 3: Were in the fifth grade. It was all boys, mind you okay, And for some reason it was like midnight, one of the boys, straight as an arrow, allegedly decides to put on Lizzay maguire the movie or the just the show, and then it's all of these boys talking about how hot Hillary Duff is. Yeah, and I was just like, but she's being funny.
Speaker 1: You can't see her talent. I can't like, but she's so but first and foremost, she's a talent. And they were like, yeah, but all these guys are like yanking it. It's so weird to think about the concept of teen idol, because that's essentially what that is. It's like all the girls wanting to like, for example, someone like Hillary Duff. She's so famous at a time when everyone is going through puberty.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's weird. I know, it is weird. That's crazy. It is crazy. The very formative years in your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember my friend, my friend, my friend, my friend's older brother.
Speaker 2: How did a life size cut out of Hillary Duff? And I was now looking back, I'm like, what happened? There no red flag? But then it's like it's.
Speaker 1: I was so into her music too, right, Come Clean? I still think Come.
Speaker 2: Clean it's one of the great songs, the club remix of that. So we're just seeing the talent.
Speaker 3: We're just seeing literally, Okay, how did you meet current boyfriend?
Speaker 2: How did I meet current boyfriend? I have known him for three years, We've been friends, and it wasn't until last year. I was in Cabo and he happened to be in Cabo at the same time. And we have never had one good interaction. We're in the same friend group, so we have the same like and we hang out all the time, and we had never had one non awkward experience like romance kind of like a little bit. He's like, we weren't enemies. I'm like, yes, we were, Like Wow, we just had this feeling where like every time we would say something to each other, it was just like not what we planned to say, Like the most social suicide moments of all time, Like I would trip every time I see him. I like try to dap him up. I'm like, why the fuck did I just dap him up? So weird? Anyone else? Literally, I'm like what was that? Like? I was so out of character. And I remember he used to be like why do I Why do these friends like liked Tate? And I'd be like, why did my friends like Leroy? And how do we all get along? And then Klo came.
Speaker 1: You just happen to be in cop at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing, And he texted me and he was like are you here and I was like yes, and then.
Speaker 1: We got together. He's great on the album too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so great. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say, do you think, looking back now, you like it was a subconscious you liked him the whole time?
Speaker 2: No? I think I'm so about personality, Like, yeah, if we have like a funny connection or like you like get me, that's when I'll really get a crush on someone. Okay, it's never from like first glance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like ever, and so she like got you eventually, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because we actually had good conversations that trip and like, yeah, it felt like we finally clicked, we finally got each other.
Speaker 3: Was this after SNL yes, okay, because I remember at sn out the after but do you remember this. You and I were like in the room trying to like scope out. You were like, oh.
Speaker 2: That's so fun. I was like, I was like, well that was really a nice single era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of eligible bachelors around there.
Speaker 3: What I told you it was, I don't think there are a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was sitting beside some people and I was like, we are not hitting it off.
Speaker 1: Like one of one of my favorite stories is it was like SNL after party. It was the Lizzo episode. And remember this. We were all at the after party and Lizzo came in ready to party. She came she had changed her dress, she came in ready to sligh. Twenty minutes later she leaves going guests not the party was dead. But sometimes alchemy just doesn't happening.
Speaker 2: Again, I've heard it's like can be the craziest thing on Earth. That night, it was like it was like mid level your words.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, sure, it's like any party. It's like if there's if there's an alchemy, there's an alchemy.
Speaker 2: Totally. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't speak ill of the S and L after party because it's you know this hallowed thing.
Speaker 1: You were you were supposed to come with the Birds of View on the actual eligible guys there, but apparently and I pitched a few, but I was like, but no, like they weren't working, they weren't working something special. And then look now now you're with Yeah, but that was tough.
Speaker 2: I really don't like looking for guys like it's.
Speaker 1: So it's the worst. You would rather be.
Speaker 2: Pursued much rather much rather it be like natural, like it just happens. Yeah, totally like friends to lovers. I'm like that that vibe, but.
Speaker 1: That's that's the Royd Away.
Speaker 2: That was that vibe for sure, which felt way more natural totally. I'm not like a big like like flirt up frontway like that's not me. So the on stage, it is so funny. The tate on stage is like so polar opposite to my actual personality. Yeah, I'm gonna get dragged for compared.
Speaker 1: We all wanted to be her, we all wanted to.
Speaker 2: Be here, and she's an icon. But yeah, yeah, so I don't know this like person that I am on stage. My mom is always just like what who is this? Like I'm like, I don't know, you're too sexy or you're too like it's too much, like the eyes are too intense, like not me, like because I have like these like lock in eyes. Like when you're on stage, it's just like it's happening. Yeah, it's time, but it's just like very different from my actual personality. So it's like shocking, similar to my family, because you're so you.
Speaker 3: Are very like chill and mellow and conversation and then like in videos on stage, it's like you are. It's the eyes. You're right, you're locked in. We're locked in, but like two hands, it's okay, okay. I'm just like even like run for the Hills. I'm just like you are.
Speaker 1: You are dialed in in an amazing way, and I'm like, it's so interesting to hear state that, like it literally is Hannah Montana train conclusion. Imagine you like went on stage for the first time ever, performed like locked in, were galvanized and came off and it never went away. Like your mom would be really freaked out.
Speaker 2: That my daughter's locked in, right I do, can.
Speaker 1: You please help? My daughter's locked in?
Speaker 2: So locked my daughter's.
Speaker 1: Too locked YEA Describe the PERSONA who is she?
Speaker 2: What? What what's she about my alter ego? Yeah, yeah, Sasha Fierce. Literally it's I've made it into like a joke, so I talk about it like way too much, like probably way more than I should. But it's I colored Tatiana for her, Yeah, Tasiana. And it's just when I go on stage, I black out, Like I don't actually remember that much.
Speaker 1: You just like perform, you know what you're saying, because I we leave our bodies sometimes or like you feel this.
Speaker 2: Way, yes, right, like you feel like you're it's now just like a thing with your body and God like in the universe, and it's just like you get possessed. And that's the best performance. When I become too aware of like I always say, this is like the craziest example. When you're on stage and you become too aware and too in your body, it feels like you're like manually breathing, you know, when you're in bed and you're like, yeah, you remember that you have to breathe, and then you stop breathing because you're like, this is really this is an automatic thing. Wait, you know, I've.
Speaker 1: Never heard someone describe it this way. This is this is huge.
Speaker 2: Well, kay, don't think about it before bed if you because you'll die, Because you'll die if you think about breathing before bed, you will stop breathing. Yeah, oh, because it is so automatic.
Speaker 1: When you become aware of yourself, it's over. Yeah, So like that's I mean, that's that's just it.
Speaker 2: You're just it's And then when you're on stage and people watching you and you're like you forget how to like walk and move.
Speaker 1: You have to turn into someone else.
Speaker 2: I have to otherwise I become way too aware, and then I could do nothing normal, Like nothing is It's just like you have to be in a different body or a different space.
Speaker 3: Like it's crazy conceptually to think about the fact that you wrote a song for two hours in your room and then weeks later it was like okay, like a bunch of people saw this, and now they're knocking on my door to like get me to sign Yeah, And then that's the kind of the same thing where it's like you wrote wrote for a song you ever wrote, But there's just like it kind of translates to this idea of like you wrote something and you like it's very intimate interior experience. And then you're doing a Reno tour with all these songs that you wrote in of your own studio.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, it's it's bizarre.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's like a stoner thought, but you know what I mean, It's like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's exactly perform It's so crazy.
Speaker 2: It's really crazy. No, but that's where I get like all like the that's where I feel like the universe is just like planning everything out because I'm like, these coincidences and these things happening like aren't aren't just like random, like they're just meant to happen, like and I think that Like, yeah, I feel like I feel like you like know that from a young age you kind of like know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: What's the venue that you're most gagged about performing like that you can't really believe it's happening.
Speaker 2: Well, the Forum will be fun, doing a couple of nights there, which will be fun. And MSG again, I love that's wild. I know MSG is just special. Just New York. I just bought a place in New York. Thank you. New York is just like my place. Yes, it's so magical there.
Speaker 1: I love to hear it. Yeah, honestly, oh god, just that there is nothing like it. Did you do you see a lot of live shows too? Do you go a lot of stuff?
Speaker 2: I try.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, did you see the Sweat Tour?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did.
Speaker 1: Did you see that in Madison Square Garden? I saw the Forum? Okay, the Forum was great. Madison Square Garden. I thought it was gonna flip over. Really, yes, it was so crazy. Charlie's I mean, Troy's music just sounds different in there because it's more of a vibe, like it was kind of breathing. I love like the Charlie and Troy show because it was like, when Troy was out there, it was like cool and like pillowy and gorgeous, and then Charlie came out and just like punched you in the face and it was rotating between that. But when she was in that venue, I thought it was gonna flip over.
Speaker 2: That was one of the best shows I've seen it very long. Absolutely, it was so good. Yeah, so well. I loved the two of them flipping on. I haven't seen a.
Speaker 1: Show like that before. That needs to happen more often, I think so too. Not since Justified stripped or the then scrapped Kanye Gaga tour, Oh wow. It's crazy to think about that as it wasn't happen and then it got canceled after the after I'm gonna let you finish something split in the fabric of culture. At that night, we were just talking about that, just like that was so consequential for like all of pop culture history.
Speaker 2: That night that was wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, wait. You did Tokyo for the last tour. Yes, they did ye everything. I think we just went to Tokyo for the first time. We ate so much steak. Yes, I turned into a green of rice as like we just like but we had like the best time ever. Like Tokyo is one of my favorite places.
Speaker 1: It's magical, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I've never seen it. We we played with pigs.
Speaker 1: Yes, you went to a micropic that was like.
Speaker 2: Number micro pick. Yeah, they're like, well there maybe not micro there, there're a Macro.
Speaker 1: Big macro pigs. There's like a straight and Harrazuku or I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is when you went on, but there's like there's like multiple places in Tokyo where it's like the Puppy Cafe no problem, the Kitten Cafe problem, the New animal is the micro pigs.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then the even newer one is Otter.
Speaker 2: Cafe where those are crazy.
Speaker 1: Those are crazy. Yeah, it's a cafe with otters.
Speaker 3: You eat, you pay, you like order some food, you eat, you sip your tea, and they run around and they come up.
Speaker 2: To you and they like sit in your lap.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is too precious.
Speaker 2: No, it was perfect. And then then they all stack on top of each other, so there's like there's like eight in your lap at once.
Speaker 1: So what animal are you? You can't stay micro pig because I'll fight you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm so not a micro pig.
Speaker 2: What do you think yours? Is? What are your guys?
Speaker 1: People that wanted to really drag me to hell would be like, I'm some sort of reptile okay, but I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't really see it.
Speaker 1: I would like to be some sort of crazy bird.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could see that, you can while you're laughing. I'm I'm just like picturing it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm a bird. I feel like definitely giving rich. They don't even a fly, bitch, they don't have to. I was gonna say, eagle, I was gonna say falcon.
Speaker 2: I'm a falcon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, a falcon. So with that, what are you? I might be a pig. I might be a pick of some kind, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're more of like a koala or something.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so Nate. I'll take Kuala down. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll be Kuala.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would be a hmmm, don't look at him.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're.
Speaker 2: I want to be a cheetah, but I'm not. You are You don't think you're a cheetah. I don't think I'm that fast.
Speaker 1: It's not about speed. It's just about the demeanor, right energy. Yeah, like when you're on stage, like that's that that who? That girl becomes a leopard.
Speaker 2: I could be more of like a rhino or something.
Speaker 1: Have some respect for yourself.
Speaker 2: And they're like you don't. We're asking her what.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cheatah, because the cheetah writes to it's a little.
Speaker 1: Slower, take a little slower than maybe mountain lion. Okay, I like that mountain lion is good and above seize the world for what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, you call.
Speaker 1: Her tatis sometimes or is it full on Tatiana.
Speaker 2: I call her Tatiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't stay Tati to her, Tatiana will.
Speaker 2: Funk you up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay getting rested? Was that tap that?
Speaker 2: Tiana?
Speaker 1: For sure, you would never get arrested. What are your crimes that you've committed.
Speaker 2: I've actually never committed crime ever. I'm a big goodie two shoes really yeah, I don't. I really do not cause any trouble.
Speaker 1: I will say that's good Disney Channel vibes. Yeah, like I'm one of those good kids.
Speaker 2: I am good. I'm pretty wholesome. Is this true? Yeah? Okay, yeah, I'm pretty good. Tushes like that. That arrest scene was it was funny. My parents were on set too, were but but was vibe. It wasn't even naked. It was let me say this, that's a reference. This like like the editing was so good that it looked like I was super naked. I was in like full on like a workout set, just base. Yeah yeah yeah, so I was sitting there and I'm just doing my acting like whatever. So it wasn't even that intense.
Speaker 1: So my parents were like whoa, Like yeah, so they were like, we're so.
Speaker 2: Down, We're so down, this is pop Like my dad was like yes, like like they were just like this is really cool. And then the editing came back and it looked so realistic. It was it was giving like whoa, like they did too good?
Speaker 1: Sure, they did too good.
Speaker 2: And the final edit wasn't until like two days before we had been all the edits. Everyone was like, oh, this is great. It was like beige and the final edit was like so realistic that all of us were kind of numb to it. So when I was like when the internet became like shocked, I was like, oh, like I didn't really like think too hard about this, are you?
Speaker 1: But they'll the internet will always think too hard. Of course that's their job.
Speaker 2: So that was that was funny because it wasn't actually like it wasn't that like on set.
Speaker 1: Shit, I'm sorry that I said tits out earlier.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I was.
Speaker 1: I'm apologizing all throughout this episode offense to it. Okay, now she was cool, it's cucumber cu number.
Speaker 3: I have a question, how long does Corey you live in you like, could you like do you need to be refreshed? How much do you need to be refreshed?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I can pick up pretty fast. I would say, like I can learn it right before, memorize it, and perform it. Like like for when we were mirrored, it's okay, I'm okay, Like we learned it the day before, wow, and then did it Once I do the performance, it's out of my head, Like, yeah, I don't remember unless we rehearse it for weeks and then it.
Speaker 1: Like sticks because something else has to go up in the brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have like no memories, so for sure, Like I was gonna ask if you have a favorite dance break of all time, like if you have a favorite pop music dance break.
Speaker 2: Of all time?
Speaker 1: Like, what's what's one that you're like that she or he shredded that?
Speaker 2: I need to think, I know.
Speaker 1: Because now it's gonna that. That's the thing is, it's like whatever you say is gonna have weight because now you're the queen of the dance break.
Speaker 2: That's a hard question and to think on that first thing. Yeah, think because that's a big one. That is a big one jumps to.
Speaker 1: Mind for me. This isn't probably it, but I think one that because it was so dance contest me the gay little gay boy and my girlfriend's culture. Janat Jackson all for You, Oh, Jana Jackson, all for You, Like that was a song that probably was a hit primarily because of aptively little girls and gay boys doing dance contest when she's in the train station. Just now, that's what I call music. I don't know, let's call it four like just track one. Boom boom boom, boom boom. That was a deep I'm gonna get with my sister. Yeah, yeah, that's a huge one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still thinking commitment. It is a big commitment. I know that's a huge I mean I would say, like single Ladies by Beyonce, Like, I just think that that was big for me. Did you learn it immediately? I don't think I did, but I just remember watch just appreciated it.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, but I'm saying like for tour, like I was this close to trying to learn the dance break for two hands, okay, because I was trying.
Speaker 1: To do like the like okay, but like you're literally like upside down like across the window. Wait, what do you do it again?
Speaker 2: I don't know a movie you're referring.
Speaker 1: Well, wow, she she didn't even know what you were referring. I didn't do that. She's like, I never because you went like this. Well she I'm like, which is kind of like we're kind of cool. When when when when you say the word too, I try to remember the choreo. I want you to.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm watching Wow. Oh my gosh, cool this one.
Speaker 2: Yes, wait, the again answers hands. It's like the handwave and then you drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so I'm obsessed because it's like it's hand, it's giving car.
Speaker 2: It is it's like giving like hip wave and then car.
Speaker 1: So what would happen if would you be proud of us? If let's say we did the two hands choreo? Yes, yes, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you my idea for later. Okay, okay, maybe you can be involved. Okay on tour, you'll be on tour. Okay when when it's tour until for now makes sense?
Speaker 2: They laughed.
Speaker 1: The scene laughs, because it's going for four years October because you want to have a Halloween.
Speaker 2: I of course I won't have all Yeah, so November because we just announced new dates.
Speaker 1: Wow, gradually, And that's why I said for now, for now. I knew y'all had to trick up your the team was going to push it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So now it's November and I don't get a Halloween.
Speaker 1: No, you'll get a Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'll get a Christmas. You need to spend.
Speaker 3: Halloween in New York and then you're gonna sell your house and be like, I never want to live here.
Speaker 1: Why you're going by the time you get to like, actually, well, you spend time in New York, you've been home, and you get to like acclimated and make it your home.
Speaker 2: I actually haven't moved in yet, but to offer in like two days.
Speaker 1: Ago, congrats, Oh nice, And so it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I hope. So yeah, sometimes they pull out.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, it's it's a whole thing New York. New York real estate is inly and nasty. But when you finally finished tour in November, like then you're gonna move. And I think that November December, actually actually September, October, November December, that the fall month quadrant thank you, is the best time to.
Speaker 2: Be in New York. Yes, I think so too. I think I'm going to really enjoy it there. And then in the next year in New.
Speaker 1: York, and you do have a place here too, Yes.
Speaker 2: You gotta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 1: Favorite dance break of all time?
Speaker 2: Wait, didn't I say single ladies?
Speaker 1: Okay, didn't I answer this hard question that's going to cause me to get dragged online because now I didn't say these other girls? Yeah exactly, Hello, I can't win in this town. I didn't realize that that's what we were putting you through. That was a very bowen response, cancer vib Well, I think you're.
Speaker 2: Hand in this award right now. I know you believe well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're going to do this episode's winning a webbi. This episode is winning a webbe by the way, we're going to do the choreo of two hands.
Speaker 3: Huh where we'll tell you later. Okay, you know I'm not too brad. There might be eyes on it, like people are gonna.
Speaker 1: Be eyes on it. We're just saying, we hope we don't disappoint you.
Speaker 2: Well, do you need some help, like how to learn it? Are you going to teach us? Yeah? I can help if you're gonna if it's like.
Speaker 1: We should learn from you. Excuse you?
Speaker 2: This is so ambiguous like this, we'll be in touch.
Speaker 3: We just told Tate the idea and we had to skip past it and cut.
Speaker 2: That out, and she approves. I approve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be good. Okay, well this has been, you know, very sweet time. But now we have to get all the last ANDRETTI with I don't think so honey.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: This is I don't think so honey.
Speaker 3: This is our segment where we each take one minute to rail against something in culture.
Speaker 1: Now do you have something? You know what I do have something? It's time? Okay, okay, is.
Speaker 2: It in culture? It can just be, it can be anything.
Speaker 1: Mine is mine is very much in life. I'm not doing in life.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll all do life.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is Matt Rogers. I don't think so many. As time starts now, I don't think so honey, man. I still see some of you doing it, and can I say like it's it was never it It was the tiny little man bum was never. And I'm looking around. I don't think I see anyone here that's giving a man bun.
Speaker 2: I see the potential on a couple of people.
Speaker 1: I see the potential hair length where you could give that as someone who is starting to wade into the might grow my hair out community, have a buzz right now for people that are only listening I may grow my hair out. I'm committed to the second, no little bun, because I'm gonna show you a video of me with long hair and it actually looks good. I put a wig on. Okay, if you're gonna grow your hair out, just give it a style, give it something. Just the tossing it up into a messy bun. You are not iconic girls from my high school. Second, you're not, Like. The only way you can toss your hair up into a messy blund and come out and have it Bestleigh is if you are an iconic girl from my high school.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Two girls that came in like the sweatpants with the top rolled down on the slides and the messy, messy but on lacrosse sweatshirt. Only you with the messy bun. Everyone else, especially you gentlemen. It's got to stop. That's one minute, okay, Okay, That's where I'm at on them. And you know what has really pushed me over the edge. It's you know, the old photos of Justin Valdoni, like when he had the hair in Jane the Virgin when the version, yes, and he will do when he would know about pop culture when he would serve a bun. I was like, see, I can't believe we ever did this right. But you're and you are thinking about growing your hair.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about growing my hair.
Speaker 1: And I'm just saying, if it ever gets to the point where you see me and I have long hair, and I'm like, you know what, guys, hold on a second and you see me toss it up into a bun, please stop me and remind me of this place you tel you like a buzz Yeah, it looks really good.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Compliments your your skull shape.
Speaker 2: It does if you have a good shape structure, and so you wish. That's hard because a lot of people like don't have an actually good skull shape.
Speaker 1: Could you buzz no?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, you have this great hair, Why would you.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could buzz No. I feel like I have a strange head shape.
Speaker 1: Did you get any time as a child, Yeah, you must have gotten any times when he when your baby, they flip you over on your tummy so that you're not lying on your on the back of your had the whole.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like they must have got mine.
Speaker 1: Give me so many time. I have a little bit of a flathead too.
Speaker 2: I'm telling about that hip for babies is. My mom says that your hips form before you're two years old. So if you stretch your baby's hips before your two years old. She did this to me. She was stretched my splits before I was too.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And so my hips are naturally open because she formed my hips that way. Whoa wow. That's the trick.
Speaker 1: If you want to have you got it from your mama.
Speaker 2: I did get it from my mom.
Speaker 1: You got it from your mom. Put me on the clock.
Speaker 2: I've got something.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Wait, hold on, she's about to go against his mother.
Speaker 2: I know this.
Speaker 1: No, he's about to drag Okay, wait, hold on, okay, this is Bowen. Why don't I have my thing? This is Bowen yangs. I don't think so, honey. His time starts now. I don't think so, honey. Not my mom, but just the hip architecture in human beings in general. Do you know we have our hip flexures go from back to front, and we have side to side like going across.
Speaker 3: It's it's crazy. It's the I think it's where I'm going to go. It's how I'm gonna die. Is something's going to happen to me in the hips, like I'm trying to use them in dance settings and maybe a sexual setting, and it's maybe not. It's it's not I'm not executing the way I want to execute on the hips. I've been doing the same split stretch routine for the past two years. I'm no closer to getting into the splits. My mom should have done this.
Speaker 1: What your mom did, what I'm Tatiana's mom did, men flop and I can't believe I listen, it's it's it's like the one childhood trauma that stays with.
Speaker 2: Me and is your hips.
Speaker 3: All these girls and boys were doing the splits in front of me, and I was like, I want to do that. I still, after a lifetime of stretching, can't.
Speaker 1: That's what mal That's that's really how I can't do it either.
Speaker 3: I guess I guess you can answer how you got to do it because your mom kind of did the work for you.
Speaker 2: Well, but then I you you just stresch. I did really gymnastics when I was younger. I was gonna say so they would they would take your like first leg on a chair, your back leg on a chair, and they'd sit on your knees.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy. Need just be sobbing for like, just like why is this happening? And they're like, so you can one day become the queen of.
Speaker 2: The dance break literally like actually this.
Speaker 1: Is for your own good, Tate McCray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that whole of pain is from this is from them.
Speaker 1: You So you were that girl who could just whip out a carwheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I was so jealous of you growing up. I was that bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were that bitch flipping in the back. Yeah, you were always upside down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, for reading, you literally shot your leg up like a full one eighty like straight line up and down, And I was like, how do you do this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It's that after you slay so hard, do you just laugh because you're like did it again?
Speaker 2: Is that a weird question? I wish it was that easy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is if I was you and I just tore it up, could.
Speaker 2: You imagine me? Just like yes, that's what we're saying. When I just came out, it was like.
Speaker 1: And just like eight I would be like, whatever, maybe that's what I should start doing. You have a very high degree of that girl ability.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, that's the word. I made a little giggle at the end.
Speaker 1: That girlable. Like all your music videos are very that girlable.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The songs have a high degree of that girl ability.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: I think you should consider like the long black middle part like you have in sports car.
Speaker 1: Really that looked incredible.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it made my face a little long.
Speaker 1: I wasn't thinking that.
Speaker 2: No one was thinking.
Speaker 1: That's the voice in your head.
Speaker 2: The voice in my head. I felt like I needed like a layer or something. We didn't have enough time to cut a layer.
Speaker 1: Though, really, because because that was you next to the horse. Yep, how was that horse look scary?
Speaker 2: He was super nice. Actually, he was really cute and sweet. A horse girl. I'm allergic to horses, but I do love them. I love that interaction. You're a horse girl. I'm allergic to horses.
Speaker 1: But I do love them.
Speaker 2: I just can't help but feel like.
Speaker 1: I always when I was my sisters did gymnastics, and so all of her friends did gymnastics, and they were flipping, turning, screaming through the skies like I was just like, why can't I move? Yeah, it's because my mom didn't sit on my hips. Yeah, which is not what I don't think that's what you did. So you did rhythmic gymnastics, not like competitive gymnastics with the ribbon.
Speaker 2: And I had a ball routine, yes, were you like put the ball in between your back? And you was like, He's like literally like like do a summersault with it?
Speaker 1: Do you like who thought of that? Who thought to do that?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, And I also have don't understand the reason for it, Like I don't understand why I trained that hard to like fit a ball between my back and do it? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Can we first second, think about every gymnastics event. It's all insane bar It's like what it's like Someone's someone one day was like, you know what it's going to be. Girls are gonna run as fast as they can towards a brick. They're going to fly off the brick hands first, flip in the air, and land on their feet, and if they don't, it's flop.
Speaker 2: It is, but it is. It's such an interesting thing because it's the same with dance. Like I did a music video say I'm like, I am literally dying for dance right now, and then dance just like exhausted, bruised, like like literally killing myself and just for a dance break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that is such a weird concept. Yep, you gotta knock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have bruises everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't believe you came here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What you didn't see is she had to drag herself to the seat. It did, and we didn't help.
Speaker 2: We sat.
Speaker 1: We were like, yeah, it was cold, cold, all Okay, it is your opportunity and time to do it out, okay, okay, and I can tell that you're gonna tear.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Tate mccray's I don't think so, honey, her time starts now.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I'm only doing this because my mom just came into town, and it's just a frustration I've had with car play in my in my car so whenever my parents, So it's a little finicky, like the USB and the Bluetooth switches on and off a little bit, but then I get to a point where it's pretty consistent and walk in it clicks whatever. My parents come into town and every single phone hooks up all of a sudden and they're like, guys, turn off your Bluetooth, and they have no idea how to turn off the so it just like swipes up. My mom and dad I grab their phones and like it is the most frustrating, and I'm just like, why does the why does the car have to click to their phones? They don't live here their car, why is it connecting to this fifteen? And it's just really hard because I feel like I lose ownership of my car when they come into town because I can't listen to my music. I can't my navigation is off, and it just really frustrating.
Speaker 1: And that's when I'm gonna say, I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 2: I don't think so honey.
Speaker 1: Car Now it's officially Exchton time. Now, it's exton time. Car. Play should know that it's a it's a dad phone or a mom phone.
Speaker 2: It also should just be better. I don't understand why it's not better.
Speaker 1: No, it's going to kill us. Play is going to kill us because when it starts to act up and they're driving and you kind of.
Speaker 2: From being like my turn is it? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well for me, it's like I need music to be playing in the car like I'm not not maybe a podcast but usually no, usually music and when and for to say nothing of directions, yeah, which is also a thing with car play. It's like you cut off my music and directions? Why am I in the car to begin with?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The road like hello, doing surgery like on my car, And I'm like, this was supposed to be easier. Yeah, it's not like everything they say that makes things easier. That's why I don't trust the self driving cars. I'm like scary, Like that is really scary.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Every time they have made an advancement in cars, I'm like, I feel as though we can go back to basics.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 1: Are you doing Google Maps for Apple Maps?
Speaker 2: For Apple Maps? Why are you guys google Maps?
Speaker 1: No, no, we're not. I'm so sweet about that, are you guys?
Speaker 2: Google Maps? Google Maps?
Speaker 1: But I just like Apple Maps is so tough actually sweet opposite really sometimes Apple Maps is really really good.
Speaker 2: I think it's just a cleaner layout. I think that when you it's just like less like clunky, all right, like you zoom in on Google. Yes, Apple Maps is just automatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what came and went ways people, it's still still use It was still still out there. We just lost a huge ways sponsored the podcast and we were struggling. So they're going to ask for our webby back.
Speaker 2: We needed that.
Speaker 1: Here take our webbie back. Okay, did you want it?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Tate McCrae accepts this webby on our behalf.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know, if you if you, if you flick it, it springs.
Speaker 2: Look do that. Doesn't it feel kind of good to put your hand see like this.
Speaker 1: To justify that he was doing it. It feels great. Slip it not really? Yeah, exactly exactly. This has been such a nice time getting to know you. You're fucking cool as hell, You're so talented. Thanks guys, and we're going to come see you.
Speaker 2: Please would love.
Speaker 1: We want to come see what m s g.
Speaker 2: Please come. Yes, that would be so fun.
Speaker 1: And maybe even by then we'll have the two hands choreo down.
Speaker 2: I think we will.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do that. You'll see us in the crowd literally hurting everyone around us. I think that's gonna We're going to start up the tech talk trend.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna do it perfect. Has there not been a tech talk trunks step started at this point I think there is for that dance.
Speaker 1: Probably do you dictate what the trend is?
Speaker 2: I don't think you really can, Like, yeah, you can do like just post stuff and if it trends, trends.
Speaker 1: Because like it wasn't there wasn't Charlie someone else made.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was good.
Speaker 2: It was so good. That was good.
Speaker 1: That's what you want. I mean, we'll be that girl for you, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you want.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what you want to have someone else.
Speaker 2: This is a marketing meeting.
Speaker 1: The team's all here, well, so close to what is out right now. Please do have some fun for once in your life. Yeah, go listen to Flow Milly.
Speaker 2: Have a glass of wine. Listen to the album sit back.
Speaker 1: Is that your optimal vibe for it? Like, have a less of one?
Speaker 2: I think, so you make a chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think too hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, but thank harder.
Speaker 1: Had Like we're getting mixed messaging from tap.
Speaker 2: Translation myself every album.
Speaker 1: Okay, we had every episode with a song.
Speaker 2: We already missed up. It's you started it and one that's the best part of the and I do love the m one. Yeah, so that's for you to do. It Home, Bye Bye.
Speaker 1: Last Culture. Reciss is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and I Heart Radio podcasts, created and hosted by Matt Rogers and bowen Ye, executive produced by Anna Hasnier and produced by Becker Ramos, edited mixed by Duck Bam and Manila Board. And our music is by Henryk Murski