Speaker 1: Good morning, sweet world, and welcome to the Nodunks Podcast, presented by Fan Duel Friday, July thirty first, twenty twenty six. This is the drop. I'm Jay Skeats here in the Classic Factory and alongside me, as always Task.
Speaker 2: Millis NBA podcast listeners. This is for you.
Speaker 1: Next to him, it's my top shot hot boy Trey Kirby AO and over Yonder making the magic happen. Super producer JD. There he is here. We are. Hello to everybody on YouTube joining us here in the stream. Team, hit the like buttons, subscribe podcast listeners, five star ratings and reviews for your boys on today's drop. The NBA's Kawhi investigation could drag into twenty twenty seven. Very cool, very cool. Uh, Luca has a bunch of sky miles he wants to use, and we'll end with some rapid fire fun. But first, something different. Today we're drafting Lebron James top teammates of all time. Five rounds total is how we're going to do this draft, selecting Lebron teammates from either Cleveland Cavaliers stint all right, that's three oh four rookie Lebron to nine to ten, and then again fourteen fifteen to seventeen eighteen when he won the title in twenty sixteen with the Cass. That's round one. Round two his run in South Beach with the Heat twenty ten to twenty fourteen. You also have in round three his eight year campaign with the Lakers eighteen nineteen, two, twenty five, twenty six. Round four will be his upcoming Sixers team, so this coming season twenty six, twenty seven. And then finally we're going to end this this draft, this building Lebron teammate teams by picking a specific Lebron era. So Lebron's got to be on a Lebron team here, so you'll have to pick which Lebron era from those ones I just went through. Important note here, guys, you only get the teammate from the time he played with Lebron. For example, you would get old ass Calves Shack. Okay, you wouldn't get world dominant Laker Shack if you are to select him, or you get current Joel Embiid. You don't get MVP season Embiid. You know much. That is not as glaring difference I think as the old Shack to the prime Shack. But you get the point here trivia question to decide who goes first between you two guys. But we'll take turns as we move through the rounds. Up to this point, Lebron has played with two hundred and fifty different teammates. He's gonna be adding some new ones with the Sixers. That's not an NBA record. According to Basketball Reference, Jeff Green has had more teammates than any player in NBA history. What's the number. I'm gonna give you the first crack here the trail members. How many teammates has Jeff Green had up to this point? And then task can go over or under, So you're gonna set the line. Okay, Jeff Green was oh seven draft?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah? Seattle Sonics draft.
Speaker 3: D That's that's amazing to actually have done something more than Lebron, having started your career after Lebron.
Speaker 1: That's pretty incredible, kind of cool, very surprising.
Speaker 4: It can't be many more.
Speaker 3: I'll go to sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had I had to, all right, Task, two hundred and sixty nine is Trey's.
Speaker 4: Prediction brons.
Speaker 2: Space, I'll go over over that's correct.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and seventy four is where Jeff Green's currently at.
Speaker 2: That was a good, good pick by tying nice super close.
Speaker 1: All done, So task, you're gonna have the first pick. Then we'll go Tray, then we'll go me as we make our way to the different rounds. Yes, the first pick in either Cavalier stint. So where are you going?
Speaker 2: No one on earth is picking a teammate from the first stint of clan?
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: I might be forced to having the third pick here, but we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nah, you still don't have well you could, Yeah, that is an option. Yep, it's easy. It's Kyrie Irving. Yeah, yeah, it's simple. It's pretty simple here. Kyrie could be the most notorious shot maker in Cleveland history with the finals shot against Golden State the best shot in Cleveland history, potentially Lebron or not, it could be that way. Yea, yeah, I think so. Yeah, over Steph in game seven there, he was incredible in that finals. I mean, we'll get more into that finals and what happened there, But yeah, the way they turned it on in game five, six, seven, Yeah, it's Kyrie. It's Kyrie and and yeah, maybe it didn't end all that well with Lebron James. Maybe it's a little envious of Lebron getting all the accolades, getting the prestige, getting everybody on that plane that he wanted. Well, Kyrie couldn't. But still, yeah, it's easy. I got Kyrie, no problem. That was a good one.
Speaker 1: His first pick in round one. Okay, so Carrie's off the board. Feels like there's an obvious second pick, But go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'll take the other guy that made All Star teams with Lebron playing in Cleveland. I mean, I guess there are a few bore I'm not going no Williams, Come on, I ain't going my list. I might have to give me Kevin Love though. Yeah, it was pretty solid playing with Lebron. Made two All Star teams seventeen and ten, thirty seven percent from three.
Speaker 4: Is he the number one big guy I would want in the Lebron James draft.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 4: We'll see what happens. I'm happy with Kevin Love.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, are you basing this on it? You're basing your five guys on a team that can perform, or are you're just getting the best bigs.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be trying to build a roster like I don't want four bigs on my Super Lebron team here, so I think it comes into play sure, Like, I can't imagine you're gonna want all point guards from here on out or Garden.
Speaker 2: That's one of the best guys here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean Lebron jump center in an All Star game.
Speaker 1: True, well, you can play any position, all right. So yeah, this was an issue here. When we were deciding to do this, I knew I was gonna have the third pick at least in the first round, and I'm like, Okay, one of them is gonna take Kyrie, the other's gonna take Kevin Love, and then I'm gonna be like, who the hell am I gonna take from either of Lebron's Cleveland Cavalier stint. Here are some names to consider. JR. Smith sure uh past his prime, Shack as we talked about, Drenas Elgauskiz was solid, Tristan Thompson, Learry Hughes like, it's I mean, look at the fall off here from Kyrie and Ketl Love. So you said his name already, tright. I'm taking Williams specifically, specifically eighth nine All Star Williams. That's the one awesome. Here, there's a very good Williams here. He averaged eighteen points per game he shot. This is very important for the building of my team. Williams shot forty four percent from deep that season with five three point attempts per game. So you know, back then that was a decent number. Today that you know, we would laugh and roll our eyes at that. But mo Williams helped Lebron and the Cavs win sixty six games that season, and they steam rolled through the first two playoff series. They didn't lose a game, and then they lost to the Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals. They lost in six. But I checked it wasn't Williams's fault. He was okay, he got his numbers. Now, I will say he was probably he would like, look, it was Lebron on one side, it was Dwight on the other side for the Atlanto Magic, and then it was like Williams did get out played over all by Rashard Lewis of all guys who had a really good series. So yeah, that's just wanted to bring that up going back. Good good, you know history there for you. But I'll take Williams. I'm not happy about it. But well, who was I to take.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that you'd be picking third for sure, So I did my homework. I would take Anderson vershev didn't even mention him. I'm taking. I am taking that. He is the one guy of all these guys that we mentioned still living in the Cleveland area. He was interviewed by interviewed by Joe Keim Noah earlier than season. Yeah, earlier this year. Joe Kim Noah, you know, kind of went back and apologized for what he said about Cleveland back when he was a player. Went to Andy's house. That guy played literally twelve years as a calf. A great story in that in his twelfth year he gets traded from the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Golden State Warriors, and that's the year Cleveland goes and beats Golden State in the finals. Pretty funny. But he was their garbage man. Do we still have the garbage man poster of meat? No, we took that down. Yeah, he was their garbage man. There's no doubt he didn't get he didn't get buckets. No.
Speaker 1: No, I'm taking Williams though, because I'm projecting ahead here for these other franchises. And other picks I'll have. There's like a lot more bigs, so I'm like, I feel like there's fewer actually super talented guards that are going to be available, So I'm taking a point guard.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: You know, Brodn won a lot of championships with like sort of subpar point guards, like you know, Mario Chalmers comes to my and stuff like that. You know, a lot of lights out. Sure, Kyrie's obviously an anomaly. All right. Round two, So Miami Heat and Trey the first pick?
Speaker 4: Oh good, I love it. In the first pick here, I'm going Dwayne Wade.
Speaker 1: That was an easy one, tough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, you can go Chris Bosh here. If we're talking about bigs. Actually, don't think there's a lot of good bigs that Lebron has played.
Speaker 4: For what I was played with.
Speaker 2: It's like three really good ones and then a fourth other ad coming up a d A good.
Speaker 4: Three yeah, three?
Speaker 1: Well, how many do you need on your team one? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It would be good to get Chris Bosh right now. I already got Kevin Love though, so gimme Dwayne Wade. He's one of my five favorite players of all time. He was awesome alongside Lebron as well. The funny thing is this isn't totally peak dayn Wade. Peak Dwayne Wade was this season right before Lebron got to Miami, but he still played awesome next to Lebron. Kind of petered out at the end of his career, and taking him as a heat means I don't have to deal with the old washed Dwayne Wade who played with Lebron.
Speaker 4: On the Cavs.
Speaker 1: Right right, I'm taking the heat. I'm making that very clear. Yeah, okay, I know you had a I don't know which one of you posted it yesterday, but you were like on our socials, I guess the idea of who was the better these would be third options for Lebron teammates, between Kevin Love and Chris Bosh. It's a fun it's a fun debate. I I I had leaned towards one particular guy, but as you know, there was some discussion going on and then a lot of people saying, what about Anthony Davis, But like he was the second option, So it is a little different that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was just comparing the big men. Bosh, Love and A D eighty is clearly the best of the three of them, and then Bosh for me is the second best. Yeah, but I got Kevin love you, Kevin love Well.
Speaker 1: That means I would take Chris Bosh, Yes, because like the Calves there in the couple stints with Lebron there, this one is definitely two big names and you took Way, So I'll take Chris Bosh. So I'll get my first big here to pair with Mo Williams. There you go, just solid locker room guys. I think here too, and Williams and Chris Bosh. I'll have to decide where I'm gonna slot Chris Bosh, but for now we'll put him at power forward right now. That can move him around, all right? So yeah, this is interesting here Where do you go?
Speaker 2: Now? This was this was fun. It's a fun four years. I mean it's easy for me. Actually it's Eudonna's Haslam. That's the third guy with the Miami heat.
Speaker 1: Okay to play I wish.
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Who are you taking other than Bush?
Speaker 3: I would have taken Shane Battier, maybe Ray Allen, Yeah, y all, definitely definitely not Hasling. He didn't even make my long list.
Speaker 2: He is damn captain on the team. He was the guy calling things out on Jersey. He was the guy calling things out on the defensive end. That's who made things happen on the defensive end. Do you see him in those Amazon Prime breakdowns when he's calling things out on the defensive end. That guy is a defensive leader. That's how they won because of this guy who started every single game as the fifth guy. Yeah, it'd be easy to take Ray, you know, for the one shot, but Ray Ray, but it was.
Speaker 1: At the end of his career, so I don't think it's a no brainer. I mean, I would probably take him over. But yeah, but it's not like Ray was like twenty five point per team score. Ray by any means, he had big shots, but he was at the end of he was like thirty seven to thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, he's this guy. He's my guy. You Donnas is the guy. He was the locker room leader. Sure, you know you got your seventeen rebound performances in a game four of an Eastern Conference Finals, You get your sixteen points on eight of nine shooting in a finals or Eastern Conference Finals game, I should say again, Yeah, all time rebounder leader of the Miami Heat. That'll be gone soon. Sorry, man, you're taking that one? Oh yeah it was. It was a tough one, but I went with the heart. I mean, I thought about you, Donna's has them. I might have even even sneaked in an Eric Spolstra and just.
Speaker 4: A great pack.
Speaker 2: But what you do is my guy?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, round three, we are too Hollywood here. It's the Lakers. So I already have Mo Williams, I have Chris Bosh. I know I have a Lebron coming on my Lebron so he's probably playing the three. So do I go ady? Do I focus on defense? Or do I go with the offense of Luka Doncic because that's the two guys that I got my eyes on. Hmm hm hmmmm. I'm gonna go just looking ahead here, Okay, I'm gonna take Luka Doncic. A little surprising, I'm sure why why? Oh you're saying it's a no brainer. Yeah, this is the only other said why though Ad was a monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Luca is an MVP candidate. Lebron never played with an MVP candidate outside of Luca.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The fact Luca would have been Wade was not an MP candidate. When he played with Ron, Luca should have been the first pick overall, if you if you took away, if you're what every player Lebron is played with, Luca is in his prime right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean Wade, I think it overlooked like he was twenty five, six and six essentially and five Luca.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lucas he played like thirty ten and ten almost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed the playoffs. I mean, does that factor in? He played one and a half seasons with Lebron James, that's it, and then he played in one playoffs with him, That's it. So I wonder if that factors into To me, it does just as far as I want to zoom out to the picture and think who are the best players that Lebron played with, as far as like taking the floor being a player in playoff games, Lucas just limited because of that.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dwayne Wade kind of invented load.
Speaker 3: Management, okay, but they he was he was out all the time, and like I said, I love the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to me, he would have been the second pick overall if we're listing guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they went to four finals together and so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their team was stacked.
Speaker 2: Bro was it? We couldn't even pick the third best player. They're already Shane Battier, Mike Joel, Anthony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they had the top three was the big three?
Speaker 2: Yeahnas? Yeah, I love Donnas win titles of has.
Speaker 4: Them going out and getting them five and three a night. It didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Well, you're about very team, you're gonna obviously get ad Yeah.
Speaker 2: The factor yeah with with Luca, the guy didn't play one playoffs. So I mean, even if Dwayne said I'm managing my load, at least he played in the postseason. You know that's that's a factor to me.
Speaker 1: But either way, well, look, Williams is my point guard. I could use the you know, the offensive firepower of Luca Donchic, So I'll slot him in as my shooting guard, I guess right now, interchange with Williams and Luca in the back court. Okay, so you you have the next pick here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anthony Davis, Yeah, easily. He's a pretty good basketball player. He was their defensive anchor that got him there. Uh and uh yeah, he was the MVP through two games of those twenty twenty NBA Finals if you remember. Oh yeah, he was cooking through those first two games and things went different, But yeah, it was a great run, great run with Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: Andy Bailey at bleacher Report did recently, I guess a we could go ranked Lebron's top ten teammates of all time. And I just bring this up because I don't know if this was some sort of like little clickbait here type of move, but he had Anthony Davis as number one over Wade over like we're saying Luca and Kyrie and stuff like that. I mean, and he was good. Eighty was awesome. Now you're especially the here they win in the bubble. But it was a little eye opening to me, like you're saying, Trady, you would have some of the guards ahead of them if you're lining them all up and you're not picking between the franchises.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you have, But I do think at worst Ad is probably third sure on the list, sure, and the best defender that Lebron has ever played with, or at least the best two way player I think Lebron's ever played with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you have the last pick here and I did Lakerland. Yeah, talk talks about.
Speaker 3: Here, don't a white guy that plays defense Alex Caruso or a white guy that plays offense.
Speaker 4: Austin Reeves.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what I want offense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, gimme Reeves. I'm not thrilled.
Speaker 3: I'm not thrilled nobody else. Reeves and Dwayne Wade in the backcourt with Lebron. Okay, that's sounding better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the guys that it factors into me if you got to the finals, and KCP should factor into me leading the team in three pointers in that bubbles.
Speaker 1: Man, you have a type. Oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Champ, Yeah, I guess. Yeah, that's why over Austin Reeves didn't do anything in the playoffs. You know, he him for one playoff years against Memphis Grizzlies. But yeah, I like guys who win.
Speaker 1: Any other names from the long stint that he have.
Speaker 3: Okay, so wing is kind of clearly the weakest position here for Lebron teammates because on every team that Lebron has been on, he's the superstar wing. Of course, so I thought Ruey Hacha Mura is a guy who could potentially have gotten drafted.
Speaker 4: As a as a wing. He was the last guy that made my list.
Speaker 1: All right, we are two Round four of the Philadelphia seventy six ers, and it's back to you with the number one pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was fun.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're looking ahead here projecting this.
Speaker 2: Is fun getting the number one pick. Debating between Tyras max and Jayleen Brown.
Speaker 1: Essentially you already have Kyrie on your team too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh, I'm I'm going I'm going small. I'm taking Tyras Maxey all over Jalen Brown. I think that connection between him and Lebron will be real from the get go. They're going to play so well together. I think Tyris Maxie will get the most assists from Lebron James this coming season. He's going to lead the team in assists, which is kind of rare for Lebron usually assists big guys. Here's here's a question. Who has Lebron assisted the most in his NBA career?
Speaker 3: The single player he assisted the most, correct, Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: Davis is number two, which is surprising because the number one.
Speaker 1: Not nearly as good as players.
Speaker 2: No cloy because they played eight seasons together, seven in Cleveland, then he brought him over for one in Miami to start in ten to eleven to get him to the playoffs, but eighty is only five and a half seasons that they played together.
Speaker 3: Still a lot of seasons played with Lebron. Yeah, because he's usually four and out except for in La. But I think Elgauskas is the guy he's played the most games with.
Speaker 4: Probably not mistaken.
Speaker 3: Elgauskas than Veris are the top two because he was in Cleveland so long.
Speaker 2: The first time around, Bigs was eight hundred and eighty seven assists, Anthony Davis seven hundred and twenty seven assists. Then it's another big and then another big Love and CB and Chris Bosh and then it goes down to Wade. So MAXI will be a little surprising that he will get the most assist but I think the connection will be there. And I mentioned Dwayne Wade right now. I think the play will be very similar. There'll be a lot of drop offs MAXI coming downhill like Wade did when they were clicking. So Max, he's my.
Speaker 1: Guy, Okay, MAXI off the board. Who's your pick for the six ers?
Speaker 4: Jayleen Brown?
Speaker 3: Yep, I think he's the best wing that Lebron will be a teammate of, at least so far into his career. I guess I mean Wade is Wade was a guard, but he played legal wings. So Jalen Brown is the guy for me. I'm happy to get another forward out there. So now maybe I can put Lebron at the four. Guess he's gonna have to play four for me. With Kevin Love playing the five, we're small, but we're all right.
Speaker 1: Well, that leaves Joel Embiid for me, which I'll happily take. I have obviously an opening at the center position. I'll put Bosh at four. Yeah, I can't believe you have to do this with hypothetical teams, but hey, if he's healthy, I got a great squad. One of the most dominant offensive players in NBA history when he's healthy. Unfortunately he's injured half the time. But beat's like fourth old time and career points per game, like on the leaderboards, like it's unbelievable. So Embiid in Boscher my front line here, so I'm pretty happy with that. In projecting, I'm like, I'll probably get Embid. I'm gonna land with Embid. You guys will take Maxim Brown, why wouldn't you? And that'll leave a center for me. So it was played a part of me taking Luca over eighty. All right, well the fifth one here at fifth round is straight up Lebron, straight up. So pick your Lebron era, and Trey you got the first pick here.
Speaker 4: Overall Miami Lebron.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty seven, seven and a half rebounds, seven assists, fifty four percent from the field, thirty seven from three. He was like trying to win Defensive Player of the Year. He was trying to set efficiency records. He was just doing bits basically throughout this season, like it's crazy. You see people will be like Lebron will throw down a dunk and during the twenty six twenty seven season be like, wow, he hasn't lost the step. And then you'll watch highlights of Lebron from twenty twelve and the dude looks like an absolute freak. There's never been a guy like him on the court. Actually, during the Miami era, he was. He seemed like the biggest fastest guy that's ever been invented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't deny that. We were there, we were watching it, we were podcasting about it. It was pretty impressive. It's amazing he's still playing at a very high level. Of course, as he gets closer to what's he turning I can remember forty two. Is he almost Okay? So you took heat Lebron Yeah? Yeah, do you have a would you have taken heat lebron Field? I'm one pick.
Speaker 2: I think I would take second run of Cleveland? Okay, Well, just the storyline is a little bit better. And people were wondering, literally wondering when they were down three to one against Golden State? Is he done? Is that? Is that run from his Miami run? Is he too old? Now here in twenty sixteen when he was I guess how old whatever he was in the early thirties.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing I didn't clarify. I guess with this particular round, if I take second, like, do I get both? You know, in theory both Cavaliers stints for Lebron or is like, if I take second stint Calves Lebron, you could take first in like we didn't.
Speaker 2: Why would I take that?
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a two time MVP. Before he went to the Heat, he was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was awesome. There's the reason he left. I'm done here, Yeah, William.
Speaker 1: He was awesome. Of course. Yes. Didn't he win too before he went? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He won to more right, Yeah, Sasha Pavlovitch almost won one. Yeah, he didn't have anybody.
Speaker 1: I will take the I guess older and wiser Lebron I'll take. I'm taking Cavaliers Lebron as my era Lebron if it's second stint and second stint. But if I get the first stint too, sure, I'll take a couple of MVPs and the young, super athletic Lebron. So that is my small forward obviously there Lebron Calves happy with it all right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you get the storyline. I've come back from three to one. Nobody else has done it. I'll take the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I get to live in Orlando for three months during the bubble sounds awesome. Don't go anywhere fishing, just food deliverab. I haven't read Ben Gulliver's Bubble book either way, Yeah, Laker Lebron.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's go through our teams here. If you guys were sort of taking note of your actual starting five, uh, Lebron teammate squad, have a go.
Speaker 2: Kyrie and Maxie are my back court. If that's how we're doing it, Laker Lebron, it's playing the three because I got a big front court. I got big, heartful with you, Donnis Haslam and Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah you got you got wow, you got a dynamic backcourt and then this defensive minded front court for sure with Lakers Lebron. All right, t K your team.
Speaker 3: My guards are Dwayne Wade and Austin Reeves. He was the point guard, I mean Lebron's Lebron. Yeah, I guess they're both playing off the ball. My three man is Jalen Brown heat Lebron is going to be my four, and Kevin Love I suppose is my five man. Okay, okay, I got mostly fours, but who cares?
Speaker 1: That's right? And my Lebron team looks like this. My point guard Mo Williams, baby All Star mow Williams. Put some respect on his name. Luka, Doncic is there too? Again, you could interchange the two point guard and shooting guard. I have Calves Lebron, very happy that I got him, Chris Bosh and Joel Embiid. So look, I do have some some health scares here in the front court, unfortunately, between two guys, but awesome dominant defensive guys and offensively so Mo Williams, Luca Calves Lebron like a bosh and trust the process. Joel embiid, All right, let's hear from the people out there. Who did we leave on the board first off, and who drafted, in your opinion, the best Lebron teammates squad of the three of us. That was a fun thought exercise. Donnas Haslam made a team?
Speaker 2: Yep uh, because I got this from Lakers Reddit and I did my research to examine the top ten players Lebron has assisted. Just because you mentioned Edonnis Haslm just now six through ten surprising names.
Speaker 1: So Haslm is one of those.
Speaker 2: No, oh no, oh, no, he didn't score.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah, it's a part of the equation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he only played four years together. Also, he wasn't a score. Anderson Verja was number six, j R. Smith seven, Drew Gooden, okay, Austin Reeves is now number nine, and Mario Chalmers is numbers yeah yeah, no superintendents, no raise, No Battier's no raise, No.
Speaker 4: Battier's all right, Lebron.
Speaker 3: Like you said, he's played with two hundred and fifty teammates since the two thousand and three zero four season. Lebron's rookie year, twenty three hundred and eighty five players have played in the NBA, which means ten percent of the NBA in that time has been a Lebron James teammate.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's pretty crazy. I was looking at this.
Speaker 3: I was like, we could do a whole nother draft with like funny categories. Yeah, yeah, like, uh, pick a washed veteran Shack Russell Westbrook, Sean Merrian, yeah, wash, Dwayne Wade, Darren Williams, Carmelo Anthony, like, come on down. He played a lot of guys on to play with Lebron. You can do random shooters, Kyle Korver kind of thought you might get drafted. However, Mike, Mike Miller, Mike Miller, James Jones, like guys, Janiel Marshall, yep about uh, guys, you forgot played with Lebron.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me some Wes Matthews test. Do you remember that you're number one? Jesus Laker?
Speaker 3: No, No, Marc Gasol, Marc Gasol and they like Bibby was on the heat.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that one.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't forget that.
Speaker 3: Lance Stevenson, I guess the kicker after in his ear. Yeah, Lance Stevenson and Michael Beasley.
Speaker 4: People like, yeah, that'll work. This is good. He's been on a lot of teammates.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe we'll do it. It's a long summer and we got a lot of we'll run a back.
Speaker 2: That's that common quiz question that links Lebron back to Shack? Is it back to mj Like, guys that you just brought up to the number of teammates.
Speaker 3: It was like like the last thirty champions had played. Well, there's like a teammate of Lebron Shack or Jordan or something like.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yes, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: All right, let us know if you enjoyed that, and should we do Like Tray said, another one of those Lebron teammate drafts with different categories in different rounds, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Let us know.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this news, Let's do it. You know it's the end of July. I don't get a lot here for you, guys. I got some headlines. We can talk them out.
Speaker 2: I'm on that thing you said to start the show. There could be some implication.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's that's second here. I wanted to just stick with the Lebron theme of everything on today's show, We'll start with the Philadelphia Inquirer, and I'm tweaking the headline a little bit, but the point is Rich Paul, his agent, floats Lebron playing four more seasons after energizing seventy six ers decision. So after he decides to go to Philly, and Rich Paul is suddenly saying, oh, you know, not, maybe two, maybe four more left in this guy? Is this news?
Speaker 2: I think there's a good chance that Lebron James plays for more seasons for several reasons. First, I think he wants to put the biggest gap between him and Kareem a top the all time NBA scoring list.
Speaker 1: Second, in case Kareem's coming back, I got number one.
Speaker 2: Second reason, I think he's going to like playing with Tyrese Maxi and Jalen Brown. Tyre's Maxi calls him his big bro. I think everybody kind of undervalues what Jalen Brown was for the Boston Celtics his whole frigging career, and that they will connect. And that ties into a third reason why Rich Paul essentially said that Lebron could play four seasons. He's gonna feel more energized, and that's part of it just he's gonna like playing with these guys. If he's not energized, it's gonna be Michael Jordan from the Wizards two years see you later. But I do think those guys are going to take up so many minutes from him, get him to the playoffs where he is going to be revitalized and play some basketball in a different way than he has with the Lakers. So I think there is a legitimate chance you're downplaying that number. I think it's just it's a different error. Lebron's body can do it if he wants to.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the thing that we don't talk about, and I get why because he seems invincible, But like, isn't it more likely Lebron has a drastic injury to unfortunately end his basketball career, Like I mean at a certain point, I mean, I hate to say it, I hate to even talk it into the world, but like, I'm sorry, it is.
Speaker 2: Well, now you've got two guys who are dominating the ball out of the time. You don't have to do as much with Maxi and Thing.
Speaker 1: It's it's these are fluke as your body ages and ages, and I know he puts more time and effort and money into his keeping his body at an elite level, but he doesn't have to play.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, it's gonna be far jumping for me to like, he's not gonna jumps. Let's count as jumps per a game. He's just not going to have to give it as much. I don't think playing with those other guys, well, he liked playing in Philadelphia. I think that's the biggest question as to how many more seasons he plays. I don't know. The locker room may not be ideal with Maxie Brown end and beat is a big.
Speaker 1: Factor, big personalities for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Nick can lure all those together. Nick Nurse can make all those things happen. That's a fair question, but I think he can do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what'd you think of Rich Paul floating this idea four more seasons? I mean it news.
Speaker 3: It sounds crazy to think of a guy playing when he's forty five years old, but like Lebron's not even close to the Vince Carter stage of his career. Vince Carter at the end of his career was a bench guy who was good for vibes and would make a shot here and there. If Lebron wanted to like recede into the background and just continue to be a part of a team which apparently he loves, he could probably play like ten more seasons if he really wanted to. But my main takeaway from this was that this guy must have really hated the Lakers, because when he announced his decision, he's like, I was ready to retire as soon as the season was over, and now just by choosing the seventy six ers, he's like four more years.
Speaker 4: That's how happy he was to get out.
Speaker 1: Of La Guess. So, so Lebron entering his twenty fourth NBA season. He's going to turn forty two on December thirtieth. He will be the oldest active player in the NBA next season, but he's far from the oldest ever, which is sort of mind boggling. Lebron will begin the season as the ninth oldest player in NBA history if he completes his two season deal, so just two years, he would retire as the fourth oldest player in NBA history. So there are still guys that somehow stuck around now they're not like Lebron, Like, oh, is he still top twenty five? Top twenty. Is he still all NBA? Like we actually still have these debates and fair these other guys were talking about it's like Robert Parrish was a grandfather in the NBA. Could lebron become the second grandpa? I don't know Bronnie James. I don't know his relationships right now. And if the kids on the way or he's thinking about that early in his life, it's possible. But it's possible. Yeah, very possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was trying to think. Wasn't Bronnie engaged recently? Maybe I'm conflating bronze, but yeah, it is. But if he plays all four seasons, he wouldn't be the oldest NBA player ever. No, No, he still wouldn't. Because there was like Nothickey or something.
Speaker 1: Guy just loved the game.
Speaker 2: It was in like the fifties or sixties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's way back.
Speaker 2: Oh imagine he's sitting on the sideline and he gets somebody to give him a hickey the day he passes Nat Hickey. That would be weird.
Speaker 1: I agree, that would be.
Speaker 2: He could be a grandpa.
Speaker 3: Are you saying to me it's confirmed that Robert Parrish is the only I think grandpa I.
Speaker 1: Do think so interesting. Somebody to fact check me on that, but I know he was.
Speaker 2: That's what the Inquirer says.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, no, no.
Speaker 2: Philadelphia inquire not the National inquire right right.
Speaker 3: Robert Parrish, he's the grandfather to an alien telling ye oh, but a part of.
Speaker 1: All this, Lebron, how many more years are gonna play? How old can he play? I do think you know, we were talking about Brownie James and joking about whether he's going to have a kid, So grandpa Lebron would be in the league. But what about Bryce James and all of this? Right, what's he nineteen years old? He's at Arizona now, he was a red shirted for his entire freshman season there, so he never played in the game. But like, I bring that up because like that seems now to me like a no brainer of like another thing Lebron wants to like check off the list. Wait wait for did it with Bronni? I don't know if bright, Like I don't know how good Bryce is if he's on Arizona and he's not, he won't even make like.
Speaker 4: He didn't play, he didn't play at all last year.
Speaker 1: Well, he's read because he wasn't good enough. Oh yeah, okay, so but yeah, well Lebron could pull a few strikes to get him into.
Speaker 3: At least Bronni was a prospect. Yeah, okay, yeah, Look, Lebron could pull strings.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you're we're talking these twenty five seasons in and maybe he goes back to Cleveland, like yeah, we're running out all three James.
Speaker 4: Yeah together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's possible, even if he's not up to the level of an NBA players, it's definitely possible.
Speaker 2: It's definitely.
Speaker 1: I know he's got the goggles. That's cool. He does have the goggle goggles. H what else? What else?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I got a related headline here for you guys.
Speaker 3: I read that ESPN article Dave McManamon did about Lebron choosing the seventy six ers. Is where this Rich Paul stuff comes from. In there, it says that Rich Paul met with twenty seven teams. We know one of them is not the Lakers. Twenty to nine teams were available. He member which teams were like, nah, we we're good.
Speaker 1: He's probably.
Speaker 2: That's a fair question. Memphis. After the insult to their.
Speaker 1: Ways coming in, he listened to me wants to buy the franchise and move it maybe maybe after their two teams? Who else.
Speaker 4: Thunder?
Speaker 1: I mean like, I feel like Presty was at.
Speaker 2: Least ask Yeah, the sani would talk about it.
Speaker 1: Who wouldn't talk Who wouldn't talk about it? Was like, well, who's like, I don't want to Maybe the Pelicans or I don't know. Joe dumer I didn't do a lot.
Speaker 3: He's got those two phones but couldn't figure out.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about a loop. Uh yeah he mcmahumon did say the Celtics expressed interest in Lebron that was sort of interesting, and that the Lakers just excuse me, the Clippers discussed a lucrative one season contract north of twenty million dollars that would allow Lebron to stay in the California area. So obviously a lot more than he got paid by Philly here.
Speaker 2: But so that oil macau part of the whiteboard from Rich Paul was real. Well, they talked golf. I forgot about that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah related Lebron headline from the Athletic Lebron and ESPN close to major deal for Last Dance esque documentary now I have seen. I think it was Maverick Carter on social media. It's like, it's not like the Last Dance. Okay, they're not the same. They won't be the same, So don't say that, don't put that in a headline. But we have already known that there's some sort of behind the scenes documentary I'm sure already happening and then gonna continue to happen here in Philadelphia. Are you excited?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a lot of footage. It's gonna be footage from twenty three seasons and it's high school as well, So right, right, this isn't gonna be It's not gonna be Last Stand. It's gonna be it. It's going to be the Little Bronze saga, like the whole story.
Speaker 4: I mean, Last Dance starts with Jordan's rookie year.
Speaker 2: It does, it does. Yeah, the difference is, at.
Speaker 1: Least with lebron we probably know, if not seen a lot of the Well, I guess it really just comes down to how much never before seen footage do you actually have because we grew up with them in social media and feels like we know everything some single thing about them and have seen it. Yeah, that's where it differs a little bit from obviously the nineties Jordan or eighties Jordan. So yeah, but I mean whatever, I'm sure we do a great job. They're working on a ESPN closing in an agreement.
Speaker 3: The beauty of the Last Dance was that we waited twenty five years. Yeah, and this will come out twenty.
Speaker 4: Five days after Ron finally retires.
Speaker 3: It's kinda feel different for sure.
Speaker 4: We were begging for the Last Dance. They had it ready for Sally.
Speaker 3: This is going to be debuting three months from now, and people said, no, it's COVID. We need something for our psychees. Yeah, give us this that we've been waiting for for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: So you gotta wait till the next pandemic essentially the next yes, worldwide disease.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Like Lebron with this documentary, I could see his final game, like when we know it's his final game and he's on the court and everybody's like obviously applauding. He's like, and you know what, I got a little trailer here for my upcoming documentary. Let's take all up on the big board. And we watched like a two minute teaser. It's like it drops on Friday, We're like, all right, cool.
Speaker 4: No tribute video. Just check out the trailer for my ury coming all right?
Speaker 1: Next headline here, next headline. One task is pumped to talk about. ESPN has the headline NBA inquiry into Clippers and Kawhi Leonard could go into twenty twenty seven? Is this news?
Speaker 2: Task Listen. I'm not excited to talk about it, but I will say this is news. I do feel like the longer this goes on, the heavier the hand that'll come from Adam Silver. I think Adam Silver is going to give a legitimate punishment. And the reason why I might go into twenty twenty seven is because both parties, the NBPA representing Kauhi and the Clippers may not agree to it along with the league. So uh as Adam Silver puts the hand down because he wants to be fair and he wants to come out of this clean, I think in that he's actually administering a real punishment. This may go to an arbitrator and then there'll be an appeal, and so it could take a very long time because I do think as more and more of this Pablo Tory side of the investigation comes out, like first I think there's just a couple of things, like because Adam Siller has to has to look at this and really come down with heavy hand. I think the stuff like the two Aspiration employees brought the initial complaint forward to the federal government under the penalty of perjury, and that's some real stuff here, literally under the penalty of perjury. Now this new soccer team allegation where money allegedly funneled to Kawhi through a soccer team, I mean, I just think it's getting more and more in deep with everything involved. So I do think it becomes So what.
Speaker 1: Does this mean for the Kawhi Leonard trade to the Raptors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's dependent on if the Clippers accept it, really accept their punishment.
Speaker 1: Really, if the Raptors you mean accept it.
Speaker 2: No, Well, to know that if Kawhi and the Clippers accepted the punishment that's given to them, and it's on them, they take that punishment and then can move on to the trade. I think that's where.
Speaker 1: Well, last time we checked, the season starts in twenty twenty six, and if this goes on through twenty twenty seven, huh, then that means he would not be I guess on the Raptors at the start of the season, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Or they could come in, or they could We're fine with whatever's gonna happen. Yeah, and he's gonna maybe have to sit thirty games and they just don't know. And I mean, if you're a Raptors fan and they still want to do the trade, you want the investigation done sooner because you don't want them to be suspended for an important thirty games. Yeah, what if it comes down in May exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean that's why they almost can't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense that it's taken this long, but because there's like hesitant witnesses, there's people who don't want to get caught lying. And then of course Adam Silver has to have this one hundred percent perfect because Steve Balmer has more money than the league, so you know he's gonna have incredible lawyers ready to fight whatever they come back for it. So just when you thought it was over, like, no, we got more, We got more for you. Pablo Tory's on part twelve of his investigation.
Speaker 1: Right and the New News like you brought it up there the soccer team in Rhode Island to give you just the Coles notes on it. Around the time Aspiration filed bankruptcy and Kawhi signed a submax extension with the Clippers, Kawhi and uncle Dennis and Kawhi's now former agent, Mitch Frankel, they all invested in Rhode Island FC, which is like a second tier USL soccer club in Pawtucket. Listen to what I'm saying, right, they did this by way of LLC's that broadly matched the pattern of the Aspiration sort of nonsense, and why we have that bit of a scandal going on now. None of it announced publicly too, and so there's speculation.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The simplified version I saw Zilla write this, and he just put it bluntly, is that Steve Balmer bailed out rifc's stadium plan and it unlocked tens of millions in public bonds in exchange for ownership stakes in the club for Kawhi and his friends. At the same time, Bomber signed Kawhi to a below max extension to preserve caps room for the Clippers as they chase the title contention. That's again from Ziller here, and that's the speculation that maybe what was going on with the aspiration again allegedly was maybe also going on here now on the other coast with a Rhode Island soccer club. So you're right, it makes it messier now it's more in depth suddenly. You know, some people think this is a nothing burger as well, but there's a pattern. It feels like.
Speaker 2: Could be.
Speaker 1: It just depends how much if I don't Balmer and the Clippers are linked at all to this Rhode Island thing. Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 3: It's very weird, and it's especially weird considering we know there's the clause and the CBA. It's like if we're looking at it and it looks funky and there's no other explanation besides salary caps are convention. We can say it's salary caps of convention. But it feels like Silver doesn't want to use that clause. He wants to make sure he's got everything completely locked down.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, I'm kind of the opposite.
Speaker 3: I feel like the longer and longer it stretches, the less chance that Steve Balmer gets any sort of punishment because it would just be done already. Like if this was David Stern, he'd be like three months, we're done. You're fined, you're suspended for a year. Steve Balmer, you're suspended for thirty games, Kawhi Leonard, all taken care of before the start of the season.
Speaker 4: That is not the way Silver is operating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fact to me why it feels like it's going to go longer. You get something here, which is literally ten months into this investigation. I'm saying ten months, like I'm actually following the calendar, but it feels is it ten months? Oh yeah, at least so that comes through and now so it just feels like Adam Silver wants to have his hand it's clean, and can't walk away from this if things keep getting uncovered, which sure feels like something is legitimate there, But as you said, Steve Bomber, will and the Clippers will find that line in the CBA where you literally have to prove it with something entirely legitimate, something granularly some actual concrete. Yeah, something, So here we are maybe it's not. Yeah, they're gonna play the gray zone, but we Selsea.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you think lebron Excuse me, Kawhi Leonard will be playing for the Raptors come opening night.
Speaker 2: Man, what are we We're in July? Well, we got to We've got two and a half months essentially for this to be done. I don't think so. I don't think he'll be there because I think there will be an actual arbitration that goes to someone beyond the law firm and outside of the league and the Clippers, and then there could be an appeal. So that's why it feels like it could take longer than.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. And this is fucking crazy because this is going to that hurts the Raptors again again here with Kawhi, because if we're saying, and I do agree, like if it continues on and they don't want to take on any sort of chances, the risk of him being penalized kai himself and missing games and all that whatever the Raptors I'm talking about, then now what so what brandon Ingram comes back? Grady Dickens like awkward and sort of like and maybe they can fight through it and power through it, but sort of like ruins your season before it's even started. To me, it's tough not to tarnish it at least.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Yeah, Yeah, it's not quite having to play in a ballroom in Tampa during the twenty one twenty two season because of the pandemic. No, the twenty twenty one season, that was weird. That was worse than what's going to happen here.
Speaker 1: At least they knew their team. You're in a weird environment. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a strange one.
Speaker 1: Crazy final headline. Uh, a little more upbeat here. Luka Doncic just by way of the athletic Luka Doncic offers to fly teammates Lakers teammates out to Slovenia for mini camp. Is this news?
Speaker 4: No, but it's nice. Like if you're a Laker, free trip to Slovenia.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be beautiful. All expense is paid by Luca. Take on a Luka Doncic court. Probably that we've seen Leelis go to. I know there's a female or a male gynecologist.
Speaker 1: That's over there.
Speaker 4: Talk to that guy who.
Speaker 3: We got all kinds of healthcare Slovenia. But no, if if you're making sixties plus million dollars, you can afford one hundred k of cost to fly every one of your friends out there, it's a great way to use your money.
Speaker 2: I did forget about all Leellis's videos that he created early on.
Speaker 4: That's an early one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to hear lisay several times he could not.
Speaker 1: Believe he was meeting a young male gynecologist in Slovenia.
Speaker 3: That what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Lee gets to repost all his videos, well he reposted that one. I wonder maybe because he generally reposts videos when whenever something happens in the news, for like the Knicks just happens lots of stuff when he was a kid. Of course, any connection, sure, this I connected to a bunch of guys who are bringing in camps worldwide. It feels like maybe I'm wrong, but there feels like guys are bringing their teammates to Europe for whatever it happens. It doesn't happen like a whole team kind of thing, like Lowry Markinen brought Keynty George last year to Finland. They were hanging. Did he pay for everything? I don't know, but you know, and Yannis was with the Milwaukee Bucks. Here comes Eric bloodso to Greece. Like that kind of thing happens now whole team. I don't know that that's seems like a bit of a reach, like I don't know if it's ever happened, really, like an entire team be paid by his guy. Now, Luca's probably getting some deals in Slovenia, but group rates, group rates, group rates.
Speaker 1: I mean, it makes sense for whether it's in Slovenia or here Stateside, for Luca and the Lakers to do this because of course, holy crap, significant roster overhaul this summer for the Lakers. Obviously, Lebron gone, really gone, Marcus Mark gone, Lucnard gone, Jackson Hay's gone, Jondrayton traded to the Wizards, added Walker Kessler, Quentin Grimes, Mamu, Collin Sexton. They did that like in the first day of free agency, since Kevon Looney, Zire Williams, matist, Thaibel, Jaden Hardy, Like, what did I list? I listed eight guys I believe there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's basically.
Speaker 1: Luca and Austin reeveson a completely different team. So yeah, you may want to start getting that work in. But that's a nice offer. Definitely take him up on that. I mean, I wasn't in Slovenia. I was in Croatia. I mean, god, it's beautiful. Yeah, he's gonna pay for everything, so I hope they take him up on this because it does say offer, I haven't seen like confirmed everybody's going, you know?
Speaker 4: True? Well, do Thiero be there?
Speaker 2: I hope so?
Speaker 4: Do you think it would be most surprising for Luca to s he show up?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Which of these new guys would knock on his door? Hey, I'm here?
Speaker 1: Who who would be the most Oh? He'd be like who are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Although maybe Jaden Hardy.
Speaker 4: I kind of think maybe the most anonymous.
Speaker 2: Like just because he doesn't know him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are probably teammates. Actually, I bet to play together. Yea, Zaire Williams.
Speaker 3: Sure, I guess Zaire and Brownie James will be hanging out with will Brownnie.
Speaker 1: James show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why's that.
Speaker 4: It's like you gotta bend the knee.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well, one king left.
Speaker 4: There's a new king in l A right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He wasn't playing G League games on the road the way I know. The guy who will that most definitely be there is Jackson Hayes.
Speaker 1: Jackson Haes left, He's gone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he left, damn it. He won't be there, but if he'll show up, I think he got cleared to play for Slovenia. Oh recent.
Speaker 1: I do remember.
Speaker 4: He was definitely going for.
Speaker 2: He was going for and I think it got cleared, but I could be wrong. Yeah, I don't know who else. I'm all done.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all the headlines I have for you. It wasn't a lot, but we got some in there. Okay, before we go. It is Friday. It's the drop time for some rapid fire fun task. You got the questions this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're staying in here. Nicola Jokic's horse won a race in Serbia. Again, Delicious Gar took the title last summer. It was Demon Deleste and again was on the track celebrating, and again he was emotional. As his godfather has said, Jokic heals himself with horse racing. That's my question. What's something you heal yourself with during the NBA off season?
Speaker 1: Skeets you have to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonga, not really that lake, but water.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 1: This summer, it was the Adriatic Sea, Baby, and put me in a pool too. I'll be happy with that. That's my off season healing, getting water, That's right, that's the thing. That's something you do these trips and you're around the water, you're at the sea, and you're like, God, what are we doing? Why are we living in Atlanta? That's the only thing that happens. I love Atlanta, I literally love It's one of my favorite cities in America. But it's like, God, you know, what would be better living on the sea, your ocean, or even a lake lakes not far from you, but you know, not living on it. The water changes it, you know, you know, I'm talking to lakes and lakes are different. You're right, You're right, they are there. They're fine. I mean, I'll take it. It's still a water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, still water.
Speaker 2: Trey.
Speaker 4: What you got long books and lots of movies. These are my hearing things.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: I'm currently reading Lonesome Dove, a cool eight and fifty eight pages. Moly.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good though, Oh it is good.
Speaker 1: How many pages are you in?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, it's it's engrossing.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just they just went out on the trail with the cattle.
Speaker 4: Nut got caught in a sandstorm. Okay, newt He's fine.
Speaker 3: And also, in forty eight days since NBA Finals Game five, I've watched thirty six movies.
Speaker 1: Holy, holy damn ye get them in you got them all on Letterbox?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Nice? Keep track? Hey, did Letterbox get purchased or it is going to get purchased. It looks like it's yeah by who like Sony or something going.
Speaker 3: To ruin it?
Speaker 1: Watch watch watch. I'm not even on it, but I'm upset. What about you?
Speaker 2: J d uh?
Speaker 5: You know, getting to the gym every day, you know, that's my thing, good for you off off season, just the good habits, you know, and then I throw them all away when the season starts happening. But you know, two months of ten months or twelve months, getting to the gym and water a cold plunge every day and then cold plunge.
Speaker 1: Are you tracking weight loss or is it just now pure just getting mind and body healthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Good, good, and just doing stuff, not necessarily waiting.
Speaker 2: Sometimes just pick a ball, that's fine. Yeah, that's fine, just doing stuff. How long are getting in the cold plunger?
Speaker 5: I do the three minutes up to Wow, Yeah, that's solid. I think that's my limit as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah long above.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't feel my toes and I can't clut my hands in the water, you know, like I have to keep my hands above and I go like right to my chin, Like do you go like.
Speaker 3: Right in or you're like or is it like easy?
Speaker 2: You have to sort of step. It's got steps into it. So I do that.
Speaker 5: I stay like balls deep for about fifteen seconds, and then I go right in.
Speaker 2: Okay, And at the end I dunk my head.
Speaker 1: Well right at the end, at the end, yeah, And then you're going right into sauna.
Speaker 5: No, and I first, and then I can usually jump into the hot tub for like five minutes to bring back the feeling my fingers.
Speaker 2: So you don't put the hands in. Is that your Yeah? Your Pete Fairbanks's got maxim rainolds.
Speaker 1: Indeed a fair bags.
Speaker 2: He was a relief pitcher for the Tampa Rays that was literally having trouble pitching during October November because it's so cold October. I was super cold. And that's when, Yeah, is that when you realized that or you knew it before that. I've had my whole life.
Speaker 1: Your whole life growing up in Canada. That's tough to riddle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, riddle, I didn't know you knew about the rainolds, the rain oes. Yeah, kind of ends of the family anyway. Anyway, next one here, the Indiana Pacers are bringing back their nineties pinstripe jerseys as their statement edition this season. That's a whole lot of nostalgia, wistfulness and longing for the good days. What's the brest jersey?
Speaker 6: You own?
Speaker 2: Skeets. It can be a sport or even a non sport.
Speaker 1: I decided to wear my favorite jersey that I own. I have a lot of Raptors jerseys. I have oddly a bunch of Warriors jerseys from Starter's days. I somehow have a Durant, Draymond Green, and a Curry all three different Warriors jerseys. I think I have Lebron, I have older ones. I love my Van Exel Akers. I got a Charles Barkley Sons. But yeah, I went with the custom Casey Bannerman Lowry Raptors jersey. I'm wearing it here for everybody on YouTube, but I'll show the back off because that's the real chef's kiss and it's uh it's Lowry celebrating the championship in the Damon Stodamyre, which was one of the first jerseys I've ever owned. So here I'll turn around for everybody nice there.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: Casey Bannerman custom jerseys. I got a couple of his.
Speaker 3: So this is my favorite, all right, Trey, my best jersey I own. I think it's probably actually at my mom's house. I couldn't put my fingers on it at home. My high school baseball jersey. We had great high school baseball gear. It was like our uniforms looked exactly like the Philadelphia Phillies, except for instead of maroon purple, so I like the gray.
Speaker 4: One stitched up name on the back. Really nice stuff. Wow for a high school For sure.
Speaker 3: They were expensive at the time, but that stood the test of time over the years.
Speaker 2: That happened with baseball jerseys for you, because it happened with it for me in high school. The baseball jersey was always better than the other jerseys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even I had I had a braves jersey, yeah, back in the day, and they were cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Otherwise you can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we didn't get to keep our We didn't get to keep our basketball jerseys. Those were like recycled every year. Football was the same. We had to pay he would get your name.
Speaker 4: On the back.
Speaker 3: But like, when am I ever gonna wear a football jersey, especially like a playing.
Speaker 4: One with like elastic on the sleeves. A baseball jersey is cool to wear, though.
Speaker 1: And then maybe hockey had a time. Yeah, there was a couple couple of years there it was popular. Maybe all the rappers started wearing them and then we started wearing them.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Mike McDonnel, USA. I had a North Stars jersey.
Speaker 2: Weird, it's JD that's jersey.
Speaker 1: Chris Middleton.
Speaker 5: I do have a Middleton jersey, which I do like a lot, but this is uh, I've got a wow Camo Raptors. I guess it's Armed Forces appreciation or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's to rosen on the back. It's got that cool. But it's.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, we I had a bunch of jerseys and I kind of did a call and the Middleton is in the that's my favorite jerseys, but you know this was.
Speaker 1: That's too nique.
Speaker 2: That's crazy and it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I do like the Canadian flag and that it's derosen, but anyway, and it's raptors.
Speaker 1: How many years did they wear those or just maybe one? Maybe once? Maybe I feel like they brought them back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought I thought eventually the through sleeves on them.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's or maybe I'm conflating it with the spurs that had similar ones.
Speaker 5: But it's the worst camo, right because it's like, yeah, like there's good camo.
Speaker 2: I like, I like camo. This is the pixelated Yeah, it's like minecraft.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Those are wild, those crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't remember how many years. All I can remember is Andrea Barney anywhere. Yeah. I guess that was twenty twelve, so maybe it was one year. Was it just one they crossed over? I don't know. I don't know. Okay, last question here on The Old Man and the Three podcasts. This week, the Great Shaquille O'Neal described his game day routine like this.
Speaker 6: We'd have shoot around her ten. So from eleven to twelve, I mean lunch fifteen, I'm in the bed and I'm sleeping. From twelve to four, get up, take a hot, cold shower, pee in the shower.
Speaker 2: And that's where I broke out laughing. I didn't see that coming. Other question, do you pee in the shower.
Speaker 1: Skeets depends on the shower, Okay, okay, if it's a bathtub type shower, no, somebody could be taking a bath. I find in that shower. I don't like it possible if it's a stand up shower. One I'm peeing in the shower. I've been peen in the shower for years, so yes, but I just don't like it in a bathtub. I don't know, like one of those rare bathtub but you don't see them as much anymore.
Speaker 2: So you have are like you flash to somebody having to lie in your peak kind of thing, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit. I just I don't know, I just it's the porcelain of it all.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Something weird around it to me. But a stand up shower absolutely tray.
Speaker 3: You a pee in the shower, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, probably, I would say I'm like eighty percent of the time.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I save it to pee.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean it's like like I see the toilet right there. It's just a matter of turning your body one way or the other. But shower, for me, I've had to stop.
Speaker 4: Peeing in the sink. That was the key. I used to pee in the sink at.
Speaker 3: Wow it but then when I moved into my home, as I know, that's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Thank you for your truth here because yeah, I've been there too. If I got a pen of sink, I got a pen of sink.
Speaker 3: You know, can't walk all the way downstairs, JD.
Speaker 5: Have you ever pissed in the shower, like into the toilet from the shower? Has has anyone ever done that?
Speaker 1: I can't right angle? Yeah, they love, they love here in the South too many uh separate rooms for.
Speaker 2: Your yeah yeah, yeah, so tell me more, JD. It sounds like you've I've never done it, but I just thought about it. It would be fun. Need to do that just for a gag.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, sometimes you play games like some sometimes I'll do like the through the hole. Like I'll make a hole like a loop with my finger and thumb and then pee through that just for the danger and thrill of it, you know, toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you've never done that.
Speaker 1: It's really really fun.
Speaker 3: So like you you form it around the stream or do you start the hole and then streaming start?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that's expert level and then yeah it's got to come yeah, but to start, yeah, you just form it around and then you know, when you feel good, yeah, and then you can blast it out.
Speaker 1: But you've done that, but you've never peed in the But like I said, like, I'm trying to get to the gym every day in the off season.
Speaker 2: I don't do in a public shower, don't. I don't. I can't. I can't bring myself.
Speaker 1: To do it. I got news for you.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not eighty percent of people. Are you wearing your slides in the public shower?
Speaker 5: I mean, I wear my slides around, but I take them off when I get in the shower because I'm I want to wash.
Speaker 1: My feah eighty other guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. It's true, and the only.
Speaker 5: Reason I wear them. Like I I was like, I'm never going to be that guy. I don't want to be that guy to I'm not scared of whatever, fungus or anything. I don't care. I don't, it doesn't matter to me. But our gym it's so slippery, like I have to slide. Yeah, well a guy knocked himself out the other day. Oh damn, Yeah, so slides.
Speaker 2: But you take him off before the shower. I take him off in the shower, and I want to because I washed my feet. I wash. I've said this before. I wash every bit of me in between.
Speaker 1: You better wash your hands after your pisson and all the time.
Speaker 2: Of course I watched after that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't even know if I'm making this up. Okay, but I could have sworn like this is probably two decades ago at this point, But like I saw or heard a thing that Madonna pete in the shower because it's kills athletes' foot at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's I think. So it has to be true, like you can pretty on your feet to treat athlete.
Speaker 1: But did Madonna ever say that question? I swear I saw or heard it.
Speaker 2: Never heard it. No, never heard Madonna say that.
Speaker 1: I know it's not a weird it's weird.
Speaker 4: Does show up? Yeah, of course I googled Madonna pee in the shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's part of the Wikipedia page from Madonna on The Late Show with David Letterman in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, how would that stayed in my head after all these years?
Speaker 3: This is this is a five thousand word Wikipedia entries here.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so pee in the shower. Let us know if you're pee in the shower and you said you do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, in the shower.
Speaker 7: Wow, hopefully not take the drainage to cover off. Don't do that not recommended. Then it might be fine, just wash on down there.
Speaker 2: I definitely thought about it. Uh, you know, when you're not feeling well, you don't run over. I have to run over, dry off and go to the toilet. I don't mind having a shower, have to sit on a toilet then come back for the show. I don't mind that, Like have to poop mid shower.
Speaker 1: I don't get like you're soaking wet and that's the only you love, Like, yeah, outdoor or European European shower, Like I'm saying European like every place, but you know what i mean. Like Matt's will place in I guess he was in Amsterdam at the time. It's like it was like that one room. Yeah, the bathroom is the shower. Yeah, that's a funny, funny concept, so you could little it's so small. Yeah, and when you're when you're using the shop, definitely shipping all over everything, like the you can definitely toilet shoot into the toilet from there. You do everything.
Speaker 2: You can pull a JD dream.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm honestly, I'm a little distracted here thinking about my upstairs bathroom. I could go from shower into the toilet. It would be probably like a two foot shop.
Speaker 1: You could, yeah, you, you definitely could.
Speaker 2: You're making a mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't go. You know, you got to really have incredible arc.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what about the last five seconds?
Speaker 4: That's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the floor exactly.
Speaker 2: Well. I don't know about you, but you know I got a weak stream sometimes.
Speaker 5: Uh, nothing to be ashamed of.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey, you might have a week stream, but we got a strong stream team. Letting us hit the like button, or obviously letting us know with five star ratings and reviews. If you're a podcast listener, if you enjoyed rapid Fire, if you enjoyed this drop and you want to see more lebron teammate drafts and all that good stuff, let us know, and or you maybe you have other ideas for some summer content you want to see from your boys. Here. Now we did say this, and we are going to start recording these quite soon. Are pirates of the I'm gonna want to say pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Say it.
Speaker 4: That's fine, It's also yeah, it's also accurate.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I just know in doing this series, I'm going to like go back and forth between Caribbean and Caribbean. I just know it. Anyway, we're doing Pirates of the Caribbean and that'll be our summer movie series, and we will start recording those somewhat soon. They're going to first drop on I believe August fourteenth. Yes, so if you want to start watching those and get ready for us recapping and reviewing them like only no dunks can, then have at it. We think they're on Disney, right yeah. Ok, I haven't watched anybody started yet. No, no, no, I'm thinking soon here obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's one a week, so you don't have to no, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, take your time, take your time, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: One hundred and forty three minutes for the first one.
Speaker 4: Clear skin.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Well you say the first one's good though, isn't it. I've heard it's oh yeah, yeah right, yeah, jeez, let's go fly by it. I am seeing The Odyssey later today, so double billing The Odyssey and Pirates one at free. Episodes of this very show are on substack link in the show notes, and we always have a lot of fun on Friday, dropping what we like, sort of calumn. The bunch of us making our recommendations, movies, music, random other things. We share a bunch of links. So jump over to substack, become a subscriber there, and thanks to everybody that already has otherwise back next week with a few shows till then. Clipper Bros.
Speaker 4: You heard it here first, have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us. And remember, as you mentioned there about substack, saw this news and I had to say that Dick Dastardly has now following our substack account. He's a new subscriber. That's what he goes by. I assume it's a he. I assume because his name is Dicka Dastardly. But I just have to point that out. You don't often see these funny names on substack.
Speaker 1: You're right, there's more of your real names, generally.
Speaker 2: Dick Dastly. And maybe it's because we talked about former NBA player Dingis George Carter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you got this.
Speaker 2: Now you know Dick Dastardly.
Speaker 1: Praise the weekend people,