Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jackie and he arms wrong drum studio scene see signor.
Speaker 3: And it's Friday, and we're in a dimly lit room deeper than the bowels the Armstrong and Getting communications compound. And hey today we're under the tuteled of our general manager.
Speaker 1: California Firefighters once again and Joe Biden, deliverer of the world's most ironic eulogy.
Speaker 2: Okay, look forward to that character character.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm all about wild Card weekend in the NFL. Yes, that's the best playoff weekend. The first couple of weeks we got all the games going on. Fantastic, fantastic, Well.
Speaker 1: Big college football game last night too, the Golden Domers last second victory over the League ger can't win the Big One Penn Staters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all those low seeds making it so far shows that the whole picking smart people picking teams who's gonna win didn't work very well. Yeah, well, way, wrong, way, way a lot. Eight year's an. It's just entertainment. It's fine. How about the uh the Rams play who do the Rams play Michael the hated They were supposed to, They were supposed to get to play at home, and the game has been moved to Arizona because of the fires. Is it the Chargers Rams Chargers?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Correct, oh nomtsorry they no, no, no, the Chargers San Diegrig Chargers are playing in Houston, Texans.
Speaker 1: That's right, Los Angeles Chargers. Sorry, it does not roll off the tongue.
Speaker 2: No, I've never been able to say that, even after all these The Chargers are at the Texans. But yeah, the Rams game. So you get the home field of gen advantage. You do everything you need to do when your division, and you got to play in Arizona because of the fires. The minor problem fire wise with all the loss of life and property and uh what did I hear? One of the fires is now thirty square miles and the other one is twenty square miles, for a total of fifty square miles of completely burnt to the ground for the two biggest fires, which is an imaginably large area of space. Absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: Katie informs us that the Mighty Rams are playing the Marauding Vikings of Minnesota, featuring coach Tim Walls on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: Does can you have a microphone in this for a segment to be awesome? If she could just jump on and say the words, yeah, idea, they're playing the Vikings awesome. Well, good confirming the previous report was I gonna say I had something to say about the footballame, I'll pop back into my head. The welcome distraction from the horrible news that has been going for the last several days. Man. You know, the tremendous amount of fire coverage coast to coast. Even your East coast news shows, which often ignore things happening on the West coast, are leading and going heavy with the fire. It's just so freaking big. Plus it's Los Angeles Media Center, Hollywood people losing their homes in addition to regular people and all that sort of stuff. But the coverage has been quite high, and it seems like it is really turned toward MM. What were the policies that caused this? I mean that is that at least that was the focus of every news show I saw last night. Yeah? Good, Yeah, what are the policies that caused this? We're the failures and the fact that the mayor bass of LA and the Governor Gavin Newsom had no answers ready to go. I'm surprised that their people didn't prepare them better to have something to say to reporters and not look so completely incompetent, flat footed, like they don't know what's going on. Not a good look.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of what they've done is indefensible, So the fact that they had no defense is not that shocking to me. Although usually Gavy is smart enough to have some sort of bull crap ready right, right, and he did not, like, well, although you know what they're going with, that was not the time to politicize this, right, And it's like, hey, you know what, those of us who study political policy and his outcomes, we're not currently trying to put out the fire. We have time. I have time. I would not be welcome on the front lines. I'm old and fat.
Speaker 2: So it's sentencing day for Donald Trump in the Stormy Daniels hush money trial, as they called it inaccurately. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Now you gotta go ahead and be sentenced today. The out of control maga extreme. We need to add people, it's so out of control, Supreme Court voted five to four that Trump is going to have to be sentenced today.
Speaker 1: So all that rhetoric was always a shameless lie, a complete divorce from the truth.
Speaker 2: Even the whack job Mersham, the judge who should have never taken any of this as far as he did, said though, no jail time, no penalties, he's recommending whatever the legal term is, some legal term that you go through. So I guess he just wants it on the books. He wants the cable news spectacle of the about to become president of the United States having to be in a courtroom and all that sort of stuff flexes his muscles, even though there's no result that comes out of it.
Speaker 1: And again, the Appeals Court will be treating this case like aaron judge treats a high fastball as soon as they get it, which will be delicious.
Speaker 2: How long do you think that'll take? No idea? Were you surprised the Supreme Court went five to four toward we ain't doing anything about this.
Speaker 1: Actually no, no, I'm not, And it was a five to four ruling and unsigned, but I kind of agree with the majority. He doesn't have to be there. There's no penalty, there's no sanction, it's a virtual hearing. It doesn't really impact him as president.
Speaker 2: Get it done. Let's get onto the appeals. We should start the show officially on this Friday. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this How did it already get to be the tenth of January? Ain't putting up with any jive. No cut the jive, cut the jive. In twenty five we are armstrong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: Let's begin the show officially. Then, according to FCC rules or eggs, here we go at Mark.
Speaker 5: Would that seventeen million dollars that had been cut from your budget have made a difference in this fight?
Speaker 6: I would say with the lean forward posture that we took knowing that a seventeen million dollar cut we had to take from somewhere, and that was from the non essential duties and responsibilities that is the fire department we have taken on over the past many, many years.
Speaker 5: But with all due respect, in December you had worn that the budget cuts would severely limit your ability to respond to large scale emergencies.
Speaker 2: Is that true or not?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: So I would say, yes, we were limited to a certain factor.
Speaker 2: Yes, O boy moron who is Karen Bass and it will shock you a little bit later on in the show, how you know, I'll go ahead and hit you with a punchline. Then we'll get to the meat of it later on.
Speaker 1: But if a guy like Pete Hegzeth has a tattoo that arguably, according to somebody, might be reminiscent of like a Crusades's tattoo, which has once been used by a white organization that claimed at one point.
Speaker 2: To be associated with blah blah blah blah blah. It's in the headlines.
Speaker 1: This woman's an avowed communist and a friend of Fidel Castro.
Speaker 2: Didn't really come up. I mentioned the other day I am cynical about government. I'm definitely past skeptl in the I mean, I assume the worst and et cetera, et cetera with all these people. And one of the reasons is this has always bothered me politicians when there's a crisis going on, so often when they're asking a question, you can see the gears grinding. Their number one goal is not to inform you the voter. That's their job. They work for us. They should be letting us know what's going on, what went wrong, what they're gonna do, et cetera. That's their wheels are always spinning on how do I stay out of trouble, what helps me the most, what gets me more funding, et cetera, et cetera, And it drives me nuts. And including any of these press conferences, I don't know about all of them. I've only seen a couple. And this is always the case. You find a body in a murder, you got a fire, whatever it is. I'd just like to say that I'd stand up here and everybody's waiting for this news conference, like for a day or longer to get the information. I would like to thank the blah blah blah letter agency and the good job they did, and Jim Jones over there and the other agency, and they all need to make sure they get their credit. Just give us the freaking answer. You want to put out a press release thanking each other and slapping each other in the back and making sure everybody knows your alphabet thing is working so hard and deserves more budget. Fine, but tell the people right off the bat, how many acres, what kind of containment, what's going on? The people on the ground are fighting their asses off to do all this stuff. But man, when the politicians get asked questions, they never lean toward informing people. Drives me nuts. There should be more pressure on them to do that. More people should yell them, hey, shut up about the agencies. Don't care answer the question how many trucks you have? While do you run out of the water? That sort of thing, right, yeah, very madding we don't demand enough out of our politicians. We werely god.
Speaker 1: Politicians have three jobs gaining power, holding power, and if at the end of the day they've got a little spare time, they might do something for their constituents.
Speaker 2: They need to be kept on a.
Speaker 1: Leash like a disobedient pit or even they're nos, pack up a marriage.
Speaker 2: A lot of these people aren't politicians. They work for various agencies that got appointed by politicians, are created by politicians, but just their bureaucrats. Bureaucrats, Right, you got to answer the questions people want to know. They don't care about the laundry list of all the people you want to think. Oh, drives me nuts, Especially in the middle of a crisis, why the hell did you run out of water? Have an answer? And if it's a bad look for you, the answer doesn't matter. Just give us the truth, right right.
Speaker 1: We need an Office of the Grim Reaper who will go to those press conferences.
Speaker 2: You don't need to wear the outfit, but.
Speaker 1: You go to that press conference, some bureaucrat to unleashes some crap answer like Karen Bass just did say, he says you're fired.
Speaker 2: No, there's no appeals process.
Speaker 1: You're fired, right, No, deputy, step up the department, the Office of the Grim Reaper of government officials?
Speaker 2: Got did you see if we can get that passed? See any of those videos? Are those planes dropping water, flying in that high wind and then buffeting back and forth? Those must be some amazing pilots. Yeah, and courageous too, God bless them. Yeah. How does mailbag look? It's good it's a Friday. We need to get to the first clips of the week of the year. Of course we're all kind of hoping you'd forget the first one in the year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, unlike Karen d Ass, I am competent to get my duties.
Speaker 2: I got so some regular person posed a question about the fire hydrants running out of water yesterday and I got seven million retweets because it was like an obvious question, like the most obvious question there is I'll get to that coming up. Stay tuned.
Speaker 7: So on Friday mornings, I drive to work listening to music instead of news, and today I was Gim and Hoodi and I was thinking, we did that list the other day of all the bands that are touring twenty five, because the only way you can make money in music now is touring. It doesn't matter how many people buy a Hoody and the Bold Blowfish album.
Speaker 2: Who just discovered it. It's funny when we were a young rock fans, it was exactly the opposite. Yeah, right, but lost money touring to sell elbows. There's a group that I ought to get back together. I know Hoody makes money as a country artist, but that's the It's like twenty years exactly, so that that high school era, college era twenty year anniversary they go out on tour, they would kill it right, right.
Speaker 1: So we have mail bag freedom, love You, Quote of the day, and much more to come. First, though, let's take fond look back. It's a first week that was of twenty twenty five. It's clips of the week.
Speaker 8: The whips of the week, the pal Estates fire burning homes and forcing thousands to run for their lives.
Speaker 5: You were to describe what we're seeing is just apocalyptic. An emergency personnel had to take a bulldozer to just bulldoze them out of the way.
Speaker 2: They've put up the hoses. The water ran dry. The local folks are trying to figure that out. Weather mayor have you Absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today if you're dealing with this disaster.
Speaker 4: The country is on edge.
Speaker 3: They discovered a steel galvanized pipe with two end caps surrounded by two dozen rolls of nails.
Speaker 2: This is not a terrorist event.
Speaker 8: We also need to be stronger together by overcoming an addiction to divisiveness and negativity.
Speaker 9: What either wore world leaders than any one of you ever met in your home. Goddamn wife, I intend to resign as party leader, as prime minister.
Speaker 7: It's one of the most awkward moments in American politics.
Speaker 2: Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes.
Speaker 2: Kamala D. Harris. Everyone loved Wicked.
Speaker 3: I loved Wicked, My boyfriend loved Wicked. My boyfriend's boyfriend really loved Wicked.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get back to our roots. We're eliminating the third party. Fact checking system. I'm a little concerned. I mean, this is like Chipotle announcing that it's any health inspections. You know what I'm saying, somebody got shot?
Speaker 8: Everybody, everybody good.
Speaker 2: Oh imagine.
Speaker 9: Jimmy Carter's enduring attribute character character character. We need Greenland for national security purposes.
Speaker 2: We were talking to him yesterday, so he says hello to everyone in Greenland.
Speaker 1: We're going to be changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: And you know, we really need to paste ourselves.
Speaker 9: If we're going to freak out over every last tweet.
Speaker 2: We will fight hard, fight hard for the freedom to vote.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that was that was a disgusting end note there. This is just in horned up Hooters waitress trying to get out of a ticket.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jack, this is just In. Garth Brooks is a good singer. I don't know if anybody knows.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who do you like in the super heavyweight country singer battle Garth and Tricia or Vince Gill and Amy Grant?
Speaker 2: Are they having a tug of war or singing a sing off? A sing and play off? That'd be a good one and be an epic battle, wouldn't it, folks. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 1: It's from author and motivational speaker Aga Mandino, who's a big deal, I guess in the twentieth centur I didn't know his work, but I came across this quote.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, who is he to have? Sit down? If you're not sitting down? Sit down?
Speaker 1: Beginning today, treat every it's our series about beginnings.
Speaker 2: Beginning today.
Speaker 1: Treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding that you can muster and do it with no thought of any reward.
Speaker 2: Your life will never be the same again. You'd have to ease into that lifestyle. I don't think you could just do it all of a sudden. That's an we got to talk about that later. Bring that up again later. That's a great font starter. I will keep it around. Mailbag. There wil very little time.
Speaker 1: Let's see drop a note mailbag at Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Getty dot com.
Speaker 1: Antonio Wrights for those who want the government to take care of them from cradle to grave.
Speaker 2: Take a look at LA Way to Go, Gavin.
Speaker 1: Let's see some succinct Thomas Sol from Joe and Weymouth, Massachusetts, with respect to the mismanagement of California for decades which enabled fires to morph into a disastrous summed up quite nicely in the Thomas Sol quote. There are no solutions. There are only trade offs. For instance, smelt over water retention. Leaving forests in their natural state is preferred by enviros over forrest underbrush management because they're in populated areas. Homelessness boondoggles and bullet trains over fire department staffing in support, et cetera, et cetera. The decades long one party rule has chosen the wrong trade Now sadly everyone gets to see it.
Speaker 2: I think they act like there aren't trade offs that you can do all that peunicorn stuff and it doesn't there's no cost to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're exactly right. They would deny you talk about trade offs. You're trying to balance the back of the budget, off the backs of the Oh please, you act like children. We're gonna either have water or homeless encampments. Which do you want to have?
Speaker 2: We got a lot more on the ways, stay here, arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 10: ABC's David Murror is being mocked for using clothespins to cinch his jacket more tightly around his chest. While reporting from the scene, He was also overheard asking a crew member, does this burning city make me look fat?
Speaker 2: Let's only hope that.
Speaker 10: The sock he puts in his crotch his flame retardant.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, God for the wind. Those are good jokes.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I just take the need to take a moment and enjoy that. That's really good way to go, Greg, that's terrific.
Speaker 2: Coming up?
Speaker 1: Who is Karen Bass, the longtime powerful union hugging politico from California who's now the failed mayor of Los Angeles. Her background, if you are a sane human being in a loyal American will shock you.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: A little bonus mail bag to lead us on to the next step in the discussion. Let's see this is a note from old friend Turlock Holmes. I believe that is a numb diplome dear.
Speaker 2: Rubes, which is his usual dreading.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk says he thinks about Rome and the Roman Empire daily. Gavin is Nero. California is burning, and Gavin is fiddling and deflecting blame, as Nero did Gavin must think we're gay, I mean gay, I mean blind.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: On a somewhat different topic, Steve from Everett, Washington, Guys, I'm a bit more sanguine than you on the doge. Elon and Viveck are not going to approach government sluggards in the same way as previous conventional politicians. Yes, they will meet with opposition, but Elon has the largest megaphone in the world. They can bring shame and focus in ways no previous reformer could hope to muster.
Speaker 2: I agree with you completely, that's all true.
Speaker 1: But I've been reading a great deal well some about what it takes to overturn regulations, for instance, to cancel them, and there is a legally congressionally mandated process that you have to go through to add or subtract regulations, and it's going to be a time consuming drag. In spite of what you say, and I'm not in any way like anti, It's just I think it's helpful to be realistic so that people don't expect like immediate miracles and then when it doesn't happen, get discouraged and give up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I've heard so much negativity from people on the right about this because of the things you just said. I just I don't like to be in that negative about an effort at least we're trying so compared to not doing anything year after year after year. What what? Okay? What's the perfect world? There isn't one. What what's better than this? What's better than the richest man in the world, who's got the one of the biggest mouthpieces in the world, trying tell me what's better than that? Before this is before you go endlessly into the negativity. Oh, this is great, It's fantastic. Just gonna take a little while, So hang it. My point is a positive one. Hang in there. I know yours is. But I've heard a lot of commentators, like some of my favorite commentators, just like so negative on the thing and say, as opposed to, what can you come up with a better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is a certain smugness to the Beltway, including people who I agree with and am fairly fond of, whether they're in the media or in government. But there is definitely a snootiness about we live on Mount Olympus, we know how it works, and you silly business people and fly over state people your.
Speaker 2: Efforts are cute, so don't try ever anything ever. I suppose the perfect world would be the populace is so worried about our spending that they vote for people that's their highest issue. But that ain't happening. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say Smugness's fraternal twin is complacency, and there's a hell of a lot of that going on as well. Let's see, Ryan from Houston says, all I need to know about federal politics is that the group will referred to Trump as Hitler had no problem sitting and talking and laughing with him.
Speaker 2: A month later. Yeah, yeah, so true. I wanted to take in some lefty media. How did the left feel about their hero Barack Obama just yuckined up with Trump for like fifteen minutes before the funeral yesterday. What did that feel like if you're a progressive and Barack Obama is the greatest thing that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, Well, I hope they appreciate how phony it all is and how the four alarm fire a terrible metaphor given these circumstances. Tone of the politics that they were sold by their leaders was just completely performative.
Speaker 2: I hope they noticed maybe they grow up a little bit. So Kim Strassel of the Journal, who's just a terrific writer, was talking about old old job. Give us clip number seventy. What you Michael.
Speaker 1: At the eulogy yesterday, she was writing about I.
Speaker 9: Was the first senator outside of Georgia, maybe the first senator to endorse his ken for president was an endorsement fais on I believe is Jimmy Carter's enduring attribute.
Speaker 2: Character, character. Character. Because of that.
Speaker 9: Character, I believe is destiny, destiny in our lives and quite frankly, destiny in the life of the nation.
Speaker 1: Now, as Kim points out, it's not uncommon for sitting presidents to speak at a state funeral. Although what a bummer for Jimmy Carter. Biden's eulogy was mainly a reminder of how different the two men were, particularly when it came to honesty and character.
Speaker 2: Character, character, And.
Speaker 1: I'm going to jump in the middle, but it's the contrasting characters of the two men, one devoted to country and faith, one to party and self that revealed the starkest divide. Carter was elected on a promise never to lie to the American people and he honored it. He was unequal to his governing task, sometimes misguided, but he genuinely wanted to make things better for the country. He was humble and money many forget. He once fired half his cabinet in recognition that his administration wasn't getting the job done. Mister Biden leaves the Oval Office much as he burst into presidential politics indulgently, self servingly, pettily. Joe was drummed out for plagiarism and dishonesty, displays of arrogance, and then she certainly could and does go into his clemency to multiple child murderers, his money laundering for years and years, his lying about Hunter Biden's pardon and covering up for him, and just to please It was dishonoring Jimmy Carter to have that old fart give the eulogy. Oh and did Jimmy Carter actually ask him.
Speaker 2: To do the eulogy. That's kind of amusing too, but he gets that eventually. Yeah, And we talked quite a bit about whoever it was that chose having John Lennon's imagine be sung by Garth Brooks and his wife at the cathedral. When it's got the line imagine there's no heaven at the funeral of a guy who was as Christian as Christian can get and no religion.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, so I'll just I'll hit this part. But Biden claimed Carter asked me to do his eulogy. These are highlights from his big interview with USA Today the other day, which has been shockingly soft pedaled by the mainstream media. I've got a bunch for you. Holy cow, is this guy gone? I mean, he is barely hanging on. But anyway, Biden claimed, Carter asks me to do his eulogy during their last meeting in twenty one, as Biden was bending down to kiss him goodbye. Page The journalist followed up to find out what Carter actually said, and Biden's response did not inspire much confidence.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: I believe that's what he said. Well, he implied.
Speaker 1: If he didn't specifically ask, and what I he was just such a decent guy.
Speaker 2: Really really, I hadn't heard this. Yeah oh yeah, yeah, okay, so he didn't ask.
Speaker 1: You, no, no, well he implied it.
Speaker 2: Well, even if you didn't, he's such a decent guy. Wow, he's so full of crowd.
Speaker 1: Try it's worth staying tuned. Yeah, that's what the three things you lack. It's worth staying tuned for the other highlights later on. So you wanted that quote again?
Speaker 2: Huh? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward.
Speaker 2: Your life will never be the same again. So everyone I run into, can I have your watch? Wow? Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, folks, some beautiful message and Jack has taken it cynical. No, And you probably don't need to weep as you're checking out at the Walmart either, because the checker it's just it's it's a mental exercise.
Speaker 2: She's not going to pass. Probably, I'm going to apply for your job tomorrow as soon as you're gone. That is what now, Well, in my mind, you're dying at midnight. That's the way I go through my day. It helps me put me in a proper frame of reference. Man, you would be honest to God, saint like material obviously if you could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an incredibly appealing thought. And I'm not going to say a single cynical thing about it, because if we all moved an inch or a foot or a yard or a mile in that direction, it would be a better world. Here's a here's a junior version of this that I brought to the show maybe a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: That made a huge, huge impression on me.
Speaker 1: Everyone you meet today is suffering or will be very soon, or someone they love very much is.
Speaker 2: Keep that in mind as you deal with people. I know people that are a lot closer to that ideal you were just talking about that I am and h m hmm, I'm amazing. Sure. So here's here's a question for you.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to keep this very vague, because Lord knows, I've said plenty of things in my life for which I should apologize. Somebody said something to me the other day. It was specifically about the LA fires that was awful, and they seem to mean it. And I'm trying to figure out because I've said more than once I'm incapable of holding a grudge because I can't remember who I'm supposed to be mad at.
Speaker 2: That's a weird deficiency that becomes a strength.
Speaker 1: I mean, seriously, we'll be like, you know, talking to somebody, or somebody's name will come up and Jack or somebody will say, yeah, that's the guy who screwed us. I'm like, oh, yeah, that's right. So yeah, So I'm trying to decide do I I've got to it was not good and I've got to file it away. So what's the same time I have said unwise, unfeeling things and later regretted, though, Oh boy, I can think of a couple off the top of my head meat that I've said that I like, what was I thinking?
Speaker 2: Usually I was trying to be funny and it just, you know, real fast fired one off and it was really really wrong and out of line.
Speaker 1: Or was in a mood or thought it would land with a particular crowd, even though I didn't mean it, like in a Ricky gervasish way, Right, the reason people laughed is not because they agree, but because it was outrageous to say it and they disagree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, because I can think of a couple of examples from the last couple of weeks in my life. Oftentimes, if somebody says or does something that upsets me, if I put a little time into it, the reason it upsets me has more to do with me than them. There's either a nugget of truth to it, or it's something I've done, or there's some version of I should look inwardly about why this is bothering me so much?
Speaker 1: Oh, even if you don't come up with anything, even if you don't come up with anything, because that's still a good exercise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who said that quote? But treating everybody like they're going to die at midnight, man, that's a that's of a way to live your life.
Speaker 1: He was a writer and kind of motivational speaker and all Augmndino of the twentieth century cool.
Speaker 2: I get your parking spot. I think that as I walk around.
Speaker 1: You know who was it? It doesn't matter. Once pointed out, all humor has a victim. A punchline is at somebody or something's expense, every single joke, and somebody said to us at one point, make sure that the victim isn't somebody who doesn't have it coming. And so I'm thinking about, you know, I will show no Christian mercy and aug Mandino style a saintliness toward our dishonest, failing, money grubbing scumbag politicians.
Speaker 2: Quite quite the opposite.
Speaker 1: I will get at them like a pit bull gets at a lamb shank. But those who don't have it coming or compassion.
Speaker 2: Joe feeds his pitbull's lambshanks to get him ready for the weekend dogfights.
Speaker 1: That heat is rather the first, so shiny Katie's headlines on the way, and a lot more stuff stay here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Humanity is over. Humanity is over. I just saw at the consumer electronics show going on in Vegas right now, the unveiling of the first life sized girlfriend AI programmed bot Fantastic that did the humanity is over humanities. If you can buy that and she's gonna talk to you and tell you how great you are and have sex with you whatever you want, that's the end of humanity.
Speaker 1: It was a good run the ancient Egypt to you know, the United States Empires, you know, a.
Speaker 2: Hell of a good run. She asked, like that a planet of the apes. What was your reaction, Katie, when you saw it. It's a list of things we don't need, no kidding.
Speaker 1: More on this topic to come, but first let's figure out who's reporting.
Speaker 2: Watch here.
Speaker 1: She is a real human being. It's the lead story with Katie Green starting with.
Speaker 4: Yahoo News arson suspect arrested by citizens near Kenneth's fire armed with a pro paane tank or a flame thrower. Turns out he used to hang people like this, right. This guy claims that he was using this flamethrower was more of like a I don't know, like a blowtorchs looking thing to smoke weed because he couldn't.
Speaker 2: Afford a lighter. Oh, couldn't afford a lighter way to turn it? Sort of income inequality ISHU. Yeah, A most person that start a fire? How many fires have been started by homeless people or homeless camps? A lot?
Speaker 1: We swoared off using that term in the New year, but many are started by bums and junkies, street transient drug.
Speaker 2: Addicts from KTLA.
Speaker 4: Civilian drone hits and damages firefighting aircraft over the Palisades fire m.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's part of that whole. We don't haven't really quite figured out all the regulations for drones yet.
Speaker 4: I guess from NBC evacuation alert sent in error to phones of nearly ten million LA area.
Speaker 2: Residents, WHOA, I heard it was a mistake, But that's that's huge.
Speaker 4: You'd get that and think I got to get out of here. From Fox News. Bourbon Street terror victims sue New Orleans as Louisiana ag investigates security lapses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as we mentioned the other day, both the FEDS and the state were telling them for years they had to put up ballards in the Those are those poles that keep a car from coming up on the sidewalk. And they'd started and needed to repair somewhere. Just dragging their feet. Just more municipal incompetence, left side.
Speaker 2: Of the aisle. It's you know what it's worth.
Speaker 4: From bright bark dot com. Kremlin warns Donald Trump to stay away from Greenland. Russia has quote strategic interests in Arctic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think that's gonna work on Trump. No, and it shouldn't.
Speaker 1: You shut up outen, you paper tiger, you dictate and bastard.
Speaker 2: From the New York Post.
Speaker 4: Passenger irritates fellow flyers by preparing a dessert from scratch in her seat. Quote dumbest s, dumbest s I've seen all day.
Speaker 1: H boy, the egos and strawberry shortcake close cheesecake made a cheesecake next name.
Speaker 2: From scratch the crush? How does that work?
Speaker 4: And Finally, from the Babylon Bee, awkward mourners at Jimmy Carter funeral place flowers on Biden.
Speaker 2: Uh, we got this text? Why did Obama laugh so hard when talking to Trump? Trump ask him, Hey, do you ever find that birth certificate? He did? In fact, oh my god. We got a lot more heavy stuff and funny stuff and informative stuff and interesting stuff and all that. Who is Karen Bass? Really?
Speaker 1: Stay tuned if you can't, grab a podcast later Armstrong and Getty