Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Back Armstrong, Joe, Kaddy Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: Jette and now He Armstrong and yet Oo live the drum studio scene.
Speaker 1: See he said, you are welcome to a brand new week, pregnant with possibilities.
Speaker 3: We're deep within the bowels.
Speaker 1: On the Armstrong and getting communications compound, and today we're toiling. Under the title of the show, Trump calls for strike on the Vatican.
Speaker 3: Is Trump be the Pope?
Speaker 1: Oh my? Or if you prefer blockade the blockaders, blockade the blockaders. Okay, Rands the blockaders.
Speaker 3: We're gonna blockade them exactly. The Pope should shut up, Shut up, Hope.
Speaker 1: I watched sixty minutes last night. I don't want to hear from you priests about international politics. I want to hear everything you have to say about personal salvation and Jesus No, that's sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Very interested. I'd sit there and listen to you all day long.
Speaker 1: Don't give a freak what you have to say about international policy in politics and your moronic position on war. Sorry, Pope, that's a moronic position.
Speaker 3: It is the.
Speaker 1: Pacifist position that we're always talking about it. Lets the grownups in the room handle the hard, dirty work of keeping a nation or of people say oh.
Speaker 3: We are against we are for peace, always for peace.
Speaker 1: What if the other guy is trying to get a nuclear weapon to kill y'all. I am for peace. That doesn't make any sense. Be a grown up. I am for peace. Okay, put on your fancy shoes and go over there, talk about Jesus or something. Yeah, I appreciate you being fired up about it. I just I hear it. It's like, you know, a child's point of view on what we she'd have for dinner. I mean, it's okay, you know, we'll think about that.
Speaker 3: And I'm pro pope, pro Catholic church.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 3: That's the stuff. I just don't I I they were.
Speaker 1: It was the feature story in sixty Minutes last night, and nor Donald actually asked these bishops, what do you say to people who don't want politics.
Speaker 3: In there and their and their sermon on a Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: And they had some gobbledygook about why it's important to blah blah blah, And I thought, God, dang it, if I'm going on a Sunday morning and I have to listen to you rail against Trump and his policies.
Speaker 3: No freaking away, I'm sitting there for that.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, or ice, on and on about ice, the evils of ice. Shut up, Read me a passage from the Bible and explain to me what it means. That's your job. It's just that old you know, progressivism. Did you get to congratulate yourself for how enlightened you are and ignore the fact that your policies, if they were implemented, would be suicidal. But you do it smugly. And I don't think Trump needs to take shots on wine own the guy. But that's that's a problem we've been dealing with time, the old lack of a filter that's baked into the cake. But yes, exactly, he should ignore it. That'd be the smart thing to do, just because who cares what the pope says? But so blockade the blockaders? Where did the blockade? Already starters has start here in a couple hours, started less than an hour. Actually, fans of blockades, this is very exciting. We're counting down till the ten a m. Eastern time blockade of all the Iranian ports, which was a suggestion brought up last week I mentioned this think tank person that said, why aren't we making sure no Iranian ships can come in and out? They're making more money than they made before the war started. It seems like somebody heated that advice and thought, yeah, why are we letting their ships go in and out?
Speaker 3: How about yah ships go in and out.
Speaker 1: What they're doing is almost precisely what you described last week in the Wall Street Journal editorial board was talking about it as well, Yeah, all right, ain't nobody making any money?
Speaker 3: Now, what are you going to do? It's an escalation.
Speaker 1: Stick that in your turbine and smoke it. Call that blockade like that would? I thought that was good.
Speaker 3: That was a good one. That was great. I don't know. It didn't make any sense taking shots at all the religions. That's not good. What's the matter? I know what I control? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm into it.
Speaker 3: I'm into it. I like it.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting, uh information later on how many there are of whoever and whatever religion that I just dug up last night after I was listening to some of the stuff.
Speaker 3: If I think you'll find fascinating. We'll get to that later.
Speaker 1: I'm dressed whoever whatever, that's a little vague, like pool queues and motor cars or what.
Speaker 3: Can you religion?
Speaker 1: On the topic of religions, Oh like how many people are in Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I see. I am dressed for the Springsteen concert. I dressed the way he's been dressing in the concerts. Black dress, shirt, black jeans, red uh, Doc Martin's that's why he's been dressing. So I'm dressed like Bruce Springsteen to go to the concert tonight. Why have you decided to do that. I'm old, but not near as old as him.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just I've always done that.
Speaker 1: I'd dressed like David Lee Roth if I'm going Van Haleen just whatever, seriously, No, I just I saw him. I saw a video of him at in La, and I thought, I have that same outfit.
Speaker 3: I'll just wear the same thing. Wow.
Speaker 1: Private meeting Katie seems a little fan boyish to me, little little weird, a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, man.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, I've been watching some of the When he about a third of the way through the concert, he comes out and he sits down on the end of the stage and he says, we're living through some hard times, and then he starts in on what's wrong with Trump and everything? And I think, oh, that's my bathroom break. That's when I go get in line to get a slice.
Speaker 3: Of pizza and use the restroom. I am not going to sit through that.
Speaker 1: Played fireside chat, fireside chat on politics with Bruce.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want him or the rock stars and popes just shut up about the politics.
Speaker 4: Do you think he'll do that before the lead end of his Minneapolis song.
Speaker 1: I think that's where he puts it. Yeah, okay, Oh that's a rough ten minute period there. The other three hours and I'll be I'll be okay.
Speaker 3: With the music.
Speaker 1: That part will be a little rough. My kids are going to be scrolling their phones. Everybody's going to be the other. The part will be bars. Everybody around me in San Francisco will be cheering like crazy, Yeah Trump, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just also tiring. It is.
Speaker 1: It is whether you're watching a baseball game or going to church or a rock concert, you have to hear about politics.
Speaker 3: That's just the world we live in. We're scrolling through really anything. I'd like to ask Bruce what.
Speaker 1: Do he thinks he's accomplishing because I have a feeling. I've heard the answer many times from like your Hollywood stars, and they say something to the effect of, well.
Speaker 3: I have this platform and I just feel like I have to use it.
Speaker 1: And I'd say, well, okay, that's your end of it. Do you think anybody's mind is changed? That's your screed. That's a good way to put it that. Do you think anybody learns anything?
Speaker 3: I understand your end of it.
Speaker 1: Is it just an opportunity for you to connect with people who agree with you, essentially, and you just don't give a flying whatever about the many millions of people that don't agree with you. You just figure you don't need cut their customers, or I would guess that most people like him. They just can't even imagine there's more than like three people in any arena that wouldn't agree with what he's thinking. And they're angry, stupid bigots. Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, exactly, Yeah, I bet you're right. No communicating with them. They're the trolls, hardly anybody and they're bad people anyway, So right right, the go awesome, that's fantastic. Well, can we start to show officially we should probably do that man, there's lots of news of the day, and who knows how this blockade's going to go. England's against it, China's against it, lots of people are against our blockade that we're starting today. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, April thirteenth, the year twenty twenty six, where Armstrong and getting we approve of this year program. Let's leap in action then officially, according to SEC rules regulations, here we go at mark.
Speaker 2: You want to see a stock market go down, let a couple of nuclear bombs be dropped on us or frankly, any place out and you'll then you'll see a stock market that goes down. So the stock market has not gone down very much at all, got down a little bit much less than I thought. And the frankly, the gas hasn't gone up as much as I thought.
Speaker 1: This ongoing conversation about whether or not they were trying to get a nuke or how close they were to a nuke is driving me nuts. And I got into an argument with chat GPT yesterday afternoon over the JCPOA that was the agreement the Obama administration put in place with the Iranians. I got into an argument with chat GPT because I thought it was wrong, and so I actually went to Claude and Jim and I for more information and kept coming back at chat GPT until it basically agreed that I was right and it was wrong.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it came out with the political position about how the Obama agreement was perfect. It would have been just fine if we'd left it in place. Only Trump completely wrong. They were gonna talk about this later because everybody should remember they were cheating on this agreement. They were working to get in a clear weapon. They were never gonna stop until.
Speaker 3: They got one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The AI systems large language model learning model thingies garbage in, garbage out. It's a perfect example of it. They mind the mainstream media, so they get mainstream opinions which are inaccurate.
Speaker 3: In this case.
Speaker 1: You know what you gotta do. You got to like gossip about chat GPT with Claude. That's a good Gemini, that's a good idea. And I tell you who's not smart, no intelligence, artificial or otherwise, that idiot Chat GPT. Huh, Hey, could you give me this information about how they were trying to get around the inspections because or at chat GPT you won't believe this is actually telling me. And then get him into a battle, yes, like like Trump and the Pope. Just get them harp, you know, sniping at each other.
Speaker 3: Be fantastic.
Speaker 1: We got some interesting stuff actually, AI wise about how Joe brought this up some last week. There's more over the weekend about how some of these ais are going to go out into all our computers to harness our prosperous processing power and memory storage because they don't have enough, secretly without us knowing it, so they can build their I don't know, their another world, right yeah, yeah, exploit us while we sleep bastards, or turn us into zombies, or I don't know what they're gonna do with I had an email address, an email account hacked over the weekend, my own stupidity. I should tell that story. I thought I was immune to falling for anything like that. What'd you fall for? Oh it was Ni and Prince. I figured you were above that. Well, no, lottery. I won the lottery, as it turns out, I just had to pay the taxes and events. No, it was a phishing scam, a party invitation from a guy who I'm going to be very near. When I visited an old place I used to live, and I thought, oh, yeah, okay, he knows I'm going to be in town because a lot of people do, and wanted to invite me to a party, and so I had to sign invia. You could sign in VIA and it was like a two step authentication thing, which.
Speaker 3: In retrospect, I was half asleep when I did this. It was first thing in the morning.
Speaker 1: In retrospect, no, you never, you don't need to actually sign into your account to like register through an account, but I did, and I used my password and then it did the thing. And so the interesting part of this is and I got it all fixed, and then when you came home from the story, you couldn't get in your house, and your car's gone and your wife's with.
Speaker 3: A different guy. No.
Speaker 1: No, That's why I don't believe in smart anything. Place dumb. I want a dumb thermostat, a dumb doorbell whatever. Anyway, but the most interesting part of it was that when they hack your account, they automatically, you know, they have software that does this, put filters on your account so that all of your incoming email goes to trash or spam so that you won't see any of your friends asking, hey, Joe, is this legit? Because it harnessed my email address to send out a bunch more spam, and so it all went straight to trash. The filters were any email that contained the letter A or any email that contained the letter C. But thanks to an AI system able to figure out what to do and how to do it and got my address back and got rid of all those filters.
Speaker 3: And stuff that sucks.
Speaker 1: It was a stressful, wasteful hour and a quarter hour and a half fixing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you spend an hour and a half on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I had like good assistance, unreasonably competent technically, So yeah, I was actually as I was stressed and pissed off and pissed off at myself. I was picture of some poor eighty year old who's not particularly computer sending me.
Speaker 3: Didn't notice it happened. You just have to close the account, I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Get your organ's harvested is probably what would happen. So we've got Katie's headlines on the way. We've got more news of the day while we're on the air. Today the American israel Is isreal helping us on this blockade of the straight of hormones will begin.
Speaker 3: I'll see how the world reacts to that. Lots of stuff. Stay here now, I'm paying attention.
Speaker 1: I was making coffee in the currig machine and there's somebody slipped flavored coffee in there, and I made some sort of all flavored coffee.
Speaker 3: Is disgusting. What is wrong with you people?
Speaker 1: Hazel not strawberry vanilla Coffee's the greatest flavor ever coffee. Flavored coffee. To pour it out next break and get real coffee.
Speaker 4: I had a guest this weekend stay at my house, and they were asking, do you have any any creamers?
Speaker 3: By chance? I do put cream in my coffee.
Speaker 4: Well, I had like regular half and half, but that was from baking something.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's it.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, I really like French vanilla.
Speaker 3: Sorry, bring it with you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green and Katie all Right, starting.
Speaker 4: With the Alphabet Networks ABC US blockade If I Ran Straight of hor Mooz ports to begin today. NBC oil prices serge after Trump says the United States will blockade the straight of hor Mooz and CNN. Trump says, I ran, We'll give us quote everything.
Speaker 1: So the Iranians are vowing all kinds of retaliation as soon as the blockade begins today, no port in the region will be safe, according to a statement from the Revolutionary Guards.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: They have shown a willingness to escalate at every single step of this and absolutely true willingness and ability.
Speaker 3: Oh true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, asymmetrical warfare. It's interesting to watch how it ends. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: This one from Katie Grimes at the cal Globe. Representative Swallwell suspends campaign for California governor following sexual assault allegations.
Speaker 1: I like the New York Posts headlines swalls Well, that ends well.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that means anything, but oh, that's trying hard.
Speaker 1: What he's gonna step down just because an entire cheerleading team of women came forward and said they raped them. What's clear is that Democrats all over California and Washington d C.
Speaker 3: Knew he was this kind of guy forever. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: From the New York Times. After criticizing the pope, Trump posts an image of himself as a Jesus like figure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, friend just sent that to me. It's a bit much.
Speaker 1: This one from the New York Post as that's a heck of a move.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 4: From the New York Post, Mom, Donnie's first city owned grocery store that costs taxpayers thirty million dollars is set to open.
Speaker 1: My god, I'm glad they're doing the experiment, I guess again, but again.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a miserable failure like it always is.
Speaker 4: Again, this one made me smile. From the Washington Post BB the parrot goes on underwater adventure in his custom built submarine.
Speaker 3: Again, it's a lot there.
Speaker 4: They shoved a parrot basically into a plastic tube and had him go on a submarine and then said that he liked it.
Speaker 3: Most part. Wow.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Study fines a male birth control pill that works quote and wears off moves closer to reality.
Speaker 3: Huh, Well that needs something.
Speaker 4: And finally from the Babylon b Kamala Harris quote, thinking about losing again in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Eight, So she says she's considering running for president, seriously considering it. Yeah, she's trying to get more people to show up to her book signings or she's serious. It would be so wonderful, so incredibly wonderful. What a blessing that would be. We need to check in on some of the news of the day, some of the threats coming out of her rand and they might mean it, So stick around, arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The bad news is that we have not reached the agreement.
Speaker 5: Talks between the US and Iran collapse after twenty one hours of high stakes negotiations.
Speaker 1: Where does the conflict.
Speaker 3: Go from here?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start and why so many violins? Let's start there, which is news that is now several days old, and then we'll get to news that is like as current as current can be as we record this. So they sent jd Vance to Islamabad, Pakistan, along with Jared and Woodkoff to meet with some Iranian leaders. First face to face meetings between the US and Iran since the Hole taking our hostages thing back in seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Pretty big deal. And they met.
Speaker 1: For whatever you heard there twenty four hours. Jd Vance walks up and says they didn't agree to anything, not a thing, didn't budget a bit. So we're going on and they actually all got on the plane and left, while while the negotiators are the mediators there in Pakistan were claiming for a while that they're ongoing and there'll be another round of talks on Sunday and blah blah.
Speaker 3: No, everybody got on the plane.
Speaker 1: And left immediately, sending the signal that Okay, you're not even serious about this.
Speaker 3: We're going home.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe that was Trump taking the last ditch, maybe so he'd feel good about himself effort to negotiate before he unleashes the holy hell that he has promised.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But then you move toward today, and you've got the blockade of the strait that the United States is going to attempt to pull off so that Iran can't let some ships go through that some ships have been paying the tolls. Plus you got the stuff that benefits Iran going through that they've been letting in and out.
Speaker 3: Of course, which seems ridiculous, they've.
Speaker 1: Been making They Iran has made more money since the war started off the straight of horror moves than they did prior to the war starting, which is a stunning stat So, getting back to the negotiation just briefly, it strikes me that sending Jared and Witkoff and jd all of whom are pretty smart guys and pretty good negotiators. I'll bet they came away with the sense that the nuclear program around nuclear program, which it quote unquote refuses to give up, is that something it actually just won't give up under any circumstances, in which case we're through here. Or is it they won't give it up without getting a hell of a lot in return, which means maybe we can talk And I think it was the former they decided, no, they're gonna They're gonna work toward a bomb, come hell or high water. Well, I don't want to get sidetracked by this conversation because we got the current stuff to get to.
Speaker 3: That's pretty pretty big. Oh my.
Speaker 1: But nobody quite understands why Iran doesn't just do what they've always done, pretend to give up their nuclear program and delay and continue working on it best you can behind the scenes until Trump's out of office. Why wonder whoever in charge and still has their head and limbs is just saying Trump's not gonna fall for this one. They're studying him. They have an idea of he's no Obama. I it was desperate to be the great diplomat and announce a deal, no matter. Tellingly, I think it was the journal. Somebody pointed out this morning that when the JCPOA was falling apart and the Iranian negotiator got up and left the room, John Terry ran after him. How do you like that for symbolism? Physically ran after Yeah? Yeah, chased after him.
Speaker 3: Wait. Wait, that's a good feeling when the car the car guy is chasing you.
Speaker 1: No, there's more, yeah, exactly, And Trump is not going to pull a John Kerry.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: So then we decide we're gonna do a blockade of the straight and nobody's exactly sure how that will work. For instance, the President chain claims it's a coalition, although there's no indication that there's anybody in this coalition but US and President Kers Starmer or Prime Minister Kars Starmer of Britain said specifically they will not be part of US blockade of Iranian ports, the same as come out of France. So I don't know who this coalition is that the President claims. I think he's just saying that.
Speaker 3: So there's enmark. Maybe now we pissed them off, there's.
Speaker 1: No coalition of any point, and the Wall Street Journal asks one of the most important questions about this, it remains unclear what would happen to the ships that the US military intercepts. So if a ship does come through the strait and we got all our battleships there and whatever you have in a blockade.
Speaker 3: We what.
Speaker 1: Shoot at it, board it, and then take it, confiscate it.
Speaker 3: What is happening there?
Speaker 1: Well, somebody thinks will board it because I was reading about who and how and you know what's going to happen with that and how dangerous it might be. But maybe they were just guessing. I bet that was your typical cable news sort of hypothetical what would happen if Then they explained for fifteen minutes, because according to all the officials, there's been no well there's been no announcement yet of what they're going to do if a ship actually comes through. Yeah, nobody knows how is going to react to this. They have kept their mouth closed, and there's been some serious back and forth between Trump and China over the weekend, US accusing China of helping out the Iranians and China saying they're willing to continue helping the Uranians. And they also get eighty percent of their energy from abroad, and a lot of it comes through that straight So they've got a pretty good reason for the to want the street to be open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indeed, indeed.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, it's just as usual with this, just so many question marks. Here's another question mark for you. What in the world would make the Wall Street Journal online think I want ads for clothes for sexy young women and bras.
Speaker 3: It's like all I'm seeing right now, it's distracting. We all have our crosses to bear well, though.
Speaker 1: Seriously, with computer science the way it is these days, why are they hitting me up for like golf clubs and cars? And you know, I don't know booze anyway, Katie.
Speaker 4: No, you just had to have said something or clicked on something.
Speaker 3: Joe got a bit of a Christy Nomes husband thing going the bimboism out you fold me out, You get a little bimboism happening, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, just on the weekends. It's my business. More on that to come as well. But back to the Persian Gulf. Yeah, so the Iranian parliament speaker, he was one of the main negotiators there who went to Islamabad to not budget on anything. Uh left the talks and said, if you fight, we will fight. And then Iran's Revolutionary Guard said the Straight remained under Iran's full control and was open. Military vessels will get a forceful response, said the Revolutionary Guard, and they are going to fire on all ports in the area if we attempt to do this, starting in like an hour.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So the cause as much pain to as many as you can. Strategy continues from the IRGC. I'm I'm well, I don't know if that's the best strategy. If I'm Ran, I don't know. I think maybe just weight, because that's gonna put a lot of pressure on China and Europe if there are no boats of all going through. I think that. I think he got some leverage there, but you just have to wait it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And in what direction does China throw its weight.
Speaker 3: It could well be to tell their.
Speaker 1: Loyal get pesky and more trouble than their worth, ally Iran to cut it out. You know, they'll pressure the US, obviously publicly, but they might tell the IRGC, look now now you're causing us pain. That's not the way this relationship works. Don't be surprised if you see a headline today or in the near future where Trump has slapped a fifty percent tariff on everything coming on in China, because he threatened that over the weekend if China helps iran in any way. Maria Bartiromo, interviewing the President over the weekend, said I've heard reports claiming that China was giving shoulder fire to anti aircraft missiles to the Iranians. Trump said, I doubt they would do that. Maybe they did that a little bit at the beginning. But if we catch any country, including China, providing military equipment to Ran at this point, they.
Speaker 3: Will face a fifty percent tariff.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Maybe they did that a little bit at the beginning.
Speaker 1: China was giving the Iranians shoulder fire to anti aircraft missiles to shoot down our planes.
Speaker 3: Holy crap. Yeah, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 1: And what does he actually know? Maybe a little bit at the be Can you ask somebody soe A know. I know what I was thinking of this morning is just how because I am really into reading a lot of history of a lot of different kinds of things, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the big events in world history. There's a.
Speaker 1: Prelimb to that event that gets lost to history days, weeks, months, sometimes years of things that happened before the big event happened. And we might be in that situation now where this past month we've been getting, you know, at a lot of chatters around everything, around this and that and blah blah blah, and the big event is to come, like the big event starts tomorrow or something right, and all that pre stuff from the past month will be forgotten by history when the real essence of the fan China deciding to send a ship to force the straight over. Who knows what's going to happen, but there is a there are a lot of possibilities of things that could happen this week. It's a great point history, or at least the way we take it in tends to YadA YadA YadA, all the circumstances that led up.
Speaker 3: To the big event. I mean, like the Pearl Harbor was.
Speaker 1: The result of many, many, many months arising tensions between the Western world in Japan, and I won't go into it, but yeah, absolutely true. That's I wish you hadn't said that, though I was in a pretty good mood. Now I'm worried something that's truly history changing is about to occur. I was just in the Midwest where they're unhappy with their gas prices, but they're like three p fifty a gallon where I was in Kansas, you know, and if you're used to before the war started, they were getting My dad said the gas was one ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Oh that Californians. They're paying one ninety eight for gas. Wow. Wow Wow.
Speaker 1: I had another point about the cataclysmic event thing, but it can wait till after a word from our friends at rough Greens. Rough Greens is a great nutritional supplement for your beloved dog that helps reduce oxidative stress, supports immune defense those age related decline, helping your pup stay active, mobile and alert as they age.
Speaker 3: And we all want that. Yep.
Speaker 1: It's something you add to your current dog's food, packed with live vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and omega oils. That's the first time I've ever gotten through that sentence without stumbling. Well, you get all that with rough Greens. They're offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You cover the shipping use a discount code Armstrong. You only cover the shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart trial bag at Roughgreens dot com. Are you f F Greenings dot com, You just cover the shipping Roughgreens dot Com use that promo code Armstrong. Roughgreens dot com. Traditional dog food is shelf stable for years because it's lifeless. Roughgreens brings the nutrition back. Roughgreens dot Com use that code Armstrong. So don't change your dog's food, just add Roughgreens. Watch the health benefits come alive. The point that flitted out of my head is flitted back in. And that is the one thing, And feel free to disagree with this, but the one thing we must always remember is that the status quo prior to the current conflict was absolutely not going to last. Iran was going to get a nuke and be a terrible, terrible threat.
Speaker 3: So couldn't we have just kept going like we were doing. Really wasn't a choice, And that's what I think. So the hole it is a war of choice.
Speaker 1: You're really getting into slicing it thin semantics game.
Speaker 3: To me, if you need to make a good strong case for why you say that, why it's.
Speaker 1: Right Because technically, if my neighbor isn't attacking me. I get to it's a choice when I attack him. But he's been vowing to kill me and my family, and he keeps getting more and more guns, and I see him getting prepared to do it, putting out his tactical gear. Yeah, I want to hear. This is from Martha Raddits on ABC This Week.
Speaker 5: President Trump announcing that the US will now blockade any and all ships crossing the Strait of hor moves and posting a warning to Iran Any Iranian who fires at US or at peaceful vessels will be blown to.
Speaker 1: How so, it seems, according to Trump that the whole uh just hit him like we've hardly ever hit any country in our nation's history.
Speaker 3: Is still on the table. M hm oh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're weighing a limited set of strikes in addition to the blockade right now, just to amp up the pressure.
Speaker 3: A little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, so it's know, if for some reason your feeling was as well, it's been going on for a month. They had some talks. Blah blah blah, it's settled down. See's fire blah. This could be a hot, hot week, like a really big deal.
Speaker 3: I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Yeah, me too. We got more on that later. We've got mail bag next. Stay here.
Speaker 1: Excellent point on the text line about a missing piece of the Trump versus the Pope battle.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that an hour two. Excellent. Right now, it's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 1: This one from Teddy Roosevelt is send along by honorary producer Jeff the Heck. We could spend all of our time on this if we wanted. Here's the quote from Teddy. But the curse of every ancient civilization was that its men, in the end became unable to fight materialism, luxury, safety, even sometimes an almost modern sentimentality weakened the fiber of each civilized race, and turn each became in the end a.
Speaker 3: Nation of pacifists.
Speaker 1: And then each was trodden under foot by some ruder people that had kept that viril fighting power, the lack of which makes all other virtues useless and sometimes even harmful. Talking about how you just get like we're always talking about softer and more self indulgence, less fighting spirits, and then somebody who's tough and mean comes along and just bulldoze as you fantastic who said that Teddy Roosevelt are. It comes from his essay The Dawn in Sunrise of History. Mailbagot drop us a note mailbag at armstrong a getty dot com. This is the meme of the day, sent along by alert listener Mike, comparing the Artemis two mission with the California Bullet Train. Partimists two cost four billion, pullet train one hundred and twenty six billion. Artemis planning began in twenty seventeen. Pullet train planning began in nineteen ninety six. Passengers carried Artemis two four pullet trained zero miles, traveled six hundred and ninety five thousand bullet train zero.
Speaker 3: Well done, that's pretty good, he laughed. I laughed, nice. Don't hear from Randy. I don't listen to the news, but I spent.
Speaker 1: The day off yesterday going from one news source to another and realized YouTube to deserve a metal. I did it for one day and got hives the flu probably an STD, lost my hair in two teeth.
Speaker 3: And YouTube do it every day, bringing us selflessly.
Speaker 1: All the headlines with your special flare so we don't have to suffer through torture and the media is truly heroic, and I for one am unendingly grateful.
Speaker 3: That's a bit much. Put your welcome. It's getting harder to do. It's a lot harder than it used to be to do.
Speaker 1: To follow the news, you have to put a lot of effort into trying to weed through tons of crap, and dare I use the word misinformation to try to figure out what the hell's going on?
Speaker 3: Agreed? Then he comes to his main point.
Speaker 1: My description of the whole around thing is being a hall of mirrors shrouded in fog, he says.
Speaker 3: But as you say, no one knows what's going on. There are many who do.
Speaker 1: Teams of CIA, spooks, intelligence officers, political operatives, defense personnel from the US talking with Israel, Saudi, cutter brain, and the other world powers have a say in diplomacy. If you don't think China and Russia haven't chimed in with what they'd like to see, you're not paying attention. This is not one person making a deal with another. This is an incredibly complex deal making between many participants. You can't see it and we'll never hear about it, but it's happening. Yeah, that's the whole point. Right, there's fears of.
Speaker 3: Influence thing that might be going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And it's also the super heavyweights trying to reach a deal and saying too like Iran, We'll get back to you, all right, You're not entirely making this decision. The twist being Iran is a religious, fanatical, dead end cult, and.
Speaker 3: Nobody's quite sure how to deal with that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the war, Kevin says, want to point out that this brief conflict, whatever the actual end may be, is likely highly beneficial to our military got in real world modern experience and the type of drone warfare that will shape future conflicts. We've identified logistical shortcomings and have gotten invaluable experience on ballistic missile defense in theater. Whatever else anyone can say about the word never hurts to clean out the cobwebs. Another excellent point, how much time do you have, Michael? You know that's true, That's very true. I mean there is the it's still rather not have to ever actually fight. I mean, my fighting skills would get better if I got in a fight today, but still much rather not. Ah right, No, I'm not calling for attacking Denmark or anything. Kevin's just pointing out that there are advantages to, you know, getting in the ring and actually going a few rounds. Alvin is talking about mnemonic devices. He is making fun of the insane Canadian mb lgbt q I a q q R thing we were talking about, and he said it reminds him of mnemonic devices like, for instance, I learned the guitarist rings every or eating apples.
Speaker 3: Daily gives big ears.
Speaker 1: Okay, the number of the names of the strings, well, he says, the mnemonic that electrical engineers use for the power of ten on resistors. Those are for the colored markers on resistors. What color, what order they're in? It's b B R O Y g W v g W. This is a little rough. Bad boys rape our young girls. While Violet gives willingly, he says there are other nicer versions.
Speaker 3: What that's not a good knewmonic. There's got I'm sure the better one.
Speaker 1: What Eric Swalwell used to work in electricity. It's terrible, good lord horrible, speaking of bring up to speed on that mess, among other things.
Speaker 3: An hour too.
Speaker 1: If you missed a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 4: Armstrong and