Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Wednesday, June nineteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, where we're doubling down on the week. It's me and man MG Marcus Grand joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones. We have to be in studio. We're we're all together in person.
Speaker 2: Which never happened for the first time in a while, Like that never happens.
Speaker 1: And also we're actually here in the podcast studio. We we got upgrade.
Speaker 3: Is it an upgrade from our lounge? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like the batcave though.
Speaker 3: Batcave's kind of nice. It's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: It's very nice in here. The lounge is kind of our place though.
Speaker 3: It's like where we hang out it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's our spot, except that they started subletting it out to other people right like you know, like we we built this place, we decorated it, we got all settled in, and then like all of a sudden, we got.
Speaker 3: Like squatters short.
Speaker 2: They gave us that because they didn't want to see it was in a year. Now they're pushing us in here because they don't want us in there.
Speaker 1: You know, It's like suddenly you live downtown and everything's great, and they raise the rent, so you move to the suburbs, and everybody starts showing up in the suburbs, so you got to.
Speaker 3: Move back downtown again. Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, here we are not of that. Yeah, we are here with you for a second time this week. We also are still planning to do the cheat sheet later on in the week as well.
Speaker 3: Are you watching The Big Lebowski by the way, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, me and Nick let are gonna watch it tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, awesome, you're not gonna be here for it, right, I'm still gonnat you should watch The Big Lebowski just because you should just be in the comment because as.
Speaker 3: A general rule, you should just watch The Big Labowski. Where are you gonna be? I'm going to be in Tampa, Tampa.
Speaker 4: Wow, I got my buddy's birthday party. Okay, we're doing a little so by the time he hears.
Speaker 2: I thought the races needn't help it short, I surprisingly know a decent amount of food options in Tampa, so old talk, Alf, we got to talk Alf.
Speaker 1: I hear they have great Cuban food in Tampa. Okay, that's no idea. I've never been.
Speaker 2: I go to like I know, like a good wing spot and a couple of like I go to the same few plays. My parents live down in Tampa, so anytime I go down there, I go to the same few spots.
Speaker 4: I need some wing spots. So we'll definitely need chat.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I mean, we had things to chat about on the show. By the way, if you did not check out yesterday's show, be sure to go do that. We had Judy Batista on a lot of great stuff about the Jets, the Giants, and the Patriots to maybe help you with some drafting. We'll also talk about some ADPs and some movers and whether or not we feel comfortable with the guys at certain spots.
Speaker 3: With that a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: In the show, but in the meantime, let's get started with a little bit of news.
Speaker 3: I guess this qualifies as news. Maybe it's more rumor and innu window. Brandon Ayuk on social media posted a video where he was talking to Jade and Daniels. Of course, the two of them have a connection from when they played together at Arizona State. Briefly, and what Ayuk said to Daniels was quote, they don't want me back, which obviously is a reference apparently, at least we believe to the forty nine ers now, I mean, I don't know, maybe he was talking about the guys in his text chain or something like that. I mean, we really have no idea.
Speaker 1: We assume it's about the forty nine ers, right, that they don't want him back. One look on, do you believe the Niners will actually trade Ayuk? Because we've sort of been on this train for a while now, And if so, what is a good landing spot for.
Speaker 3: Him as the resident forty nine er hater. That's why I I hope they trade. That's why I asked you first.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I don't think that's the right move, trading Ayuk when you had brock Party playing so well and being that Brandon Ayuk is a great route runner and getting open kind of helping this young quarterback move to move the change. So I don't know, man, I feel as though they would probably have to rethink this one, because I honestly think it's a mistake.
Speaker 1: One do you think if they mistake? If they do, and where where would you like to see him go? If they do? I think it is a mistake. And I think there is.
Speaker 2: I would be shocked if he's not playing for the forty nine ers next year. I think Brandon Nyuk wants out because he wants to get paid rather than playing on this one year deal and all that. But remember like two off seasons ago, at this point, Deebo Samuel was literally in the club in San Francisco like, I will not be here now, and then they figure that out. So I think if you're the forty nine ers, you're looking at it as we have two more years before we have to decide if we want to invest in brock Purty or not. So I think they pay Ayuk a bunch of money for like a one year deal, like I don't know if they come to an agreement or something like that. And then I think after this year, you have to make really hard decisions, which one do you want to keep Ayuk or Debo and and other do you want to invest in Purdy? A whole bunch of lots of decisions they're going to have to make. But I think this year you're looking at it as we still have our Super Bowl window and we're gonna go all in and Ayuk that means you're going to be here. I'm not downgrading him at all for fantasy, but I will say, if you think he's going to get moved, Ricky Piersoll at wide receiver sixty six.
Speaker 3: Is a really good value right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I one, I think in Dynasty, Pearsall is a dude you want to get yes point because as you mentioned in a couple of years, one of those guys, whether it's Ayuk or Deebo, is not going to be there, which is going to open up some opportunities. I think is gonna still be there. I don't think they're gonna trade him. I think I think he's frustrated. I think these are the things that happen in June. You know, this is this is sort of a kin to you know, scrubbing your social media of your team. Which side note, it's been a rough week for Bay Area fans. You got Klay Thompson taking all the warrior stuff off his Instagram.
Speaker 2: I don't get that, Like it's a move you you had a great run with this, like just right, just letting Also, I feel like this is just Clay being Clay.
Speaker 1: He's kind of a different cat. Like I mean, there's a dude who like he's upset, at least he's kind of like seems like he's upset, but he also takes a boat to games like he's just a different legend there.
Speaker 3: It is kind of nice, right, So I'm not really worried about that.
Speaker 1: But but in that respect, it's been a rough week for Bay Area fans, sports fans with the you know, star players on social media. I don't think the Niners are gonna trade him because, especially at this late date, what are you gonna get in return?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean the trade value is gonna be a lot less than had you done this, say around the draft or something.
Speaker 2: All the wide receiver needy teams, like we were saying, the Chiefs, the Bills, like they they all went out and addressed the water. Now, I don't think they would turn down Ayuk if the opportunity arose, but they're not as I don't think they'll be as willing to pay a ton to get him.
Speaker 3: Now. I think that's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you're the Niners you're gonna get you're gonna get a lot less in return than you would have gotten a couple of months ago. So I don't think he's going to get traded if for whatever reason it happens, and look Auk has suggested this. Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter suggested this Pittsburgh could be a really good spot for him. Put him alongside George Pickens kind of have them as a nice one too. I do still believe that Russell Wilson has something left. Yeah, he's obviously not the guy he was in Seattle, but I think he's better than what he was in Denver. I think there's still something left. You put him with the Steelers that works really really well in that off that division scary too. It makes that division really hard knocks. Yeah, hard kN AFC North. How do we feel about this?
Speaker 4: But I get to see Lamar Jackson. I'm happy. That's all I really.
Speaker 3: Want to watch. I mean, there are lots of ways to watch Lamar.
Speaker 4: I get to see him on HD all right, and get to see his personality.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious because like it's like all hard knocks all the time, Because we have like the off season hard knocks with the Giants, then we got the you know, the pre season hard knocks with the Bears and love the preseason ones preseason, and then we have n season hard knocks with the the AFC North in.
Speaker 2: Season, It's hard for me to dedicate the time when I'm already dedicating so much of my time to watching football three four nights.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for Hard Knocks. Schedule release, that's what it's gonna happen. Oh man, I'm gonna get that soon. It's gonna happen. It's gonna happen for sure. I mean, look, there are not people who love schedule release, right. We hear at this network do like a two hour show on because people love it. If they did, like a Hard Knocks on it, that showed you like how it works, Like, I.
Speaker 3: Guarantee you there are some people out there who would watch that.
Speaker 1: As le Kwan raises his hand a right, speaking of the AFC, nor T Higgins will sign his franchise tag and he will report for training camp. So you manel Jamar Chase is there. They drafted Jermaine Burton. Now T Higgins is going to be there Florida. Does this have any impact on where you are drafting Bengals wide receivers or were you sort of assuming this was gonna happen anyway?
Speaker 2: I was assuming this was gonna happen anyway. And the Bengals receivers are some of my favorite to target right now, because, yeah, you're paying full price for Jamar Chase, I get that, but you're getting T Higgins at probably around his floor. I would say, I know last year was a disappointing year, but prior to that, this guy's been a wide receiver too pretty much yearly. And now you're getting him at wide receiver twenty seven in early drafts. And this is my thing. Like, in those wide receivers going ahead of him, there's three Texans wide receivers two forty nine. There's two Eagles two Rams, so we have like amongst others, So we have second receivers on teams going ahead of him. But I could make the argument that T. Higgins is just as good as all of those second receivers. Joe Burrow is just as good as the quarterback throwing to all those guys. Now, I get the injury concerns with those two, which is why he's going the last of this bunch, but yeah, I'm still willing to take that risk get him as my wide receiver three.
Speaker 3: I would be ecstatic with that. Yeah, I mean, of those three, who do you like the best at ADP.
Speaker 4: Look on uh at ADP. I'm comfortable with T Higgins. I mean, you're kind of still a mystery with Jermaine Burton. I mean, obviously you're paying full price.
Speaker 3: I like him a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we like Jamaine Burton a lot, but there's still question marks. So I'm going to go with the short thing of what we know, and that's T Higgins is a solid wide receiver too. And I'm attacking most of these drafts in the summer. I'm stacking up on useful, elite talent, and then T Higgins falls into that category, especially with a Bengals offense that's going to be throwing the ball a ton. If Joe Burrow's healthy, we know T Higgins and Jamar Chase can co exist on the same field and put up big Fantasy points.
Speaker 1: I you know, I have no problem drafting all three of these guys. I've drafted a lot of Jermaine Burton across Best Ball. Weirdly, I still love Jamar Chase at ADP. Oh yeah, I have taken him as as the wide receiver one in a couple of Best Ball drafts.
Speaker 3: Hey, as you should.
Speaker 2: I keep thinking that if if he and Burrow because remember two years ago, Chase missed about five games. Last year, Burrow was never healthy. Eventually, they're gonna stay healthy and Jamar Chase is gonna have his like video game type year like Ceedee Lamb and Tyreek Hill had last year. Jamar Chase can do all of that. Yeah, No, one hundred percent. And really it's just it's about Joe Burrow staying healthy.
Speaker 3: That's all to me. What it is. That's that's really what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, we talked yesterday with Judy Batista and she mentioned how, uh for the Jets, you know, keeping Aaron Rodgers upright and healthy is important for the Giants. Same with Daniel Jones, keeping him upright and healthy is important. Same with Bengals, you know, and Jamar cha still was able to have a good year even with other quarterbacks there.
Speaker 3: But we know what the ceiling is have been way better than when Joe Burrow is healthy for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh, take a quick break, come back. I got a few more news headlines and we'll get into a little bit of Smash Your Pass a little bit later coming up.
Speaker 3: Here on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast.
Speaker 1: A few more news headlines as we rolled along here. On the Wednesday edition of the Pod, dan Quinn says he has no great declarations in Washington of who his Week one starter will be. Now, mind you, this is the team that's been the number.
Speaker 3: Two over I see it.
Speaker 1: As soon as I said that, I see both Florio and mcquamack each other and just roll their eyes. The commanders spid the number two overall pick on Jaden Daniels. Marcus Mariota is the other guy in camp. They are splitting reps right now. I was gonna, I mean, I was going to ask the quest hype train or smoke screen come on, so I would look on. I will just put it to you, hype train or smoke screen on dan Quinn saying he has no great declaration.
Speaker 4: This is a smoke screen, people. I mean, he's just trying to give him Jayden Daniels to confidence through camp. He's not gonna have him walking around the building head all high like he's like he's the ish. So it's like, I gotta put something out there for the media in for you to know, like, come on, man, this is a smoke screen. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Uh you know it's funny because I've seen his ADP rising in best Balls.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: I'm drafting him like crazy as like a number two quarterback right now. I think he's going at like quarterback nine or ten. Are you okay with that point? We gone too far away? I mean, I know, I know you love Jayden, so I have him at.
Speaker 2: QB eleven, but you could easily convince me to flip him and brock party and that would get him to QB ten. This is what I keep saying, And like I was with Judy on Insiders last week talking about it, so definitely check that out. But he ran the last two years in college for over two thousand yards and twenty one touchdowns. I don't care what he does as a passer. He's going to run in the NFL. So he's going to be that next cheat code quarterback. And like Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Anthony Richardson, even not the first full year these guys started. Just think about the moment, Like Lamar Jackson had that final five games in twenty eighteen when he started, Jalen Hurts had that final month. They were QB ones in fantasy because of what they give you with their legs. I think Jayden Daniels is the next cheat code, and maybe if they had signed like Tara Taylor or something like that, I would say, Okay, maybe there's something to this. Marcus Mariota is the worst thrower of the football in the NFL. You're not starting him over Jaydon Danns.
Speaker 3: Is Nathan Peterman not in the NFL anymore.
Speaker 2: He somehow bounces around. I have no idea how he has more interceptions than touchdowns.
Speaker 3: In his career.
Speaker 1: So I mentioned Jayden Daniels right now is probably he's in the top ten top certainly top twelve of quarterbacks drafted, maybe pushing towards the top ten. We know the rushing upside there for him at at cost right at ADP Because Anthony Richardson right now is like.
Speaker 3: QB five or six, Who would you rather have? Lakwan?
Speaker 1: I mean we had a very small sample size of Anthony Richardson. We haven't seen Jayden Daniels yet on an NFL field. Which one would you prefer at costs? Because I think we're sort of we sort of view them in.
Speaker 4: A similar lens with the upside. I mean, I believe in Cliff Kingsbury getting you know, Jaydon Daniels activated and we go down the field. We already talked about the rushing upside, but I think this commander's offense is going to be scoring a lot, And honestly, I would rather take Jaydon Daniels if I'm going to spread out. You know, my Anthony Richardson shares across multiple leagues because the value here is incredible getting him late in those drafts as a QB too, which potentially he has top seven upside. If this offense is going to be clicking on all cylinders, and if Cliff Kingsbury is able to get the weapons, you know, like Luke mccaff reactivated, you get Terry McLaurin the alpha that he is, this this offense is going to be to the moon. If you know Jayden Daniels can go out there and execute this game plan.
Speaker 3: I love dang. I've been drafting both.
Speaker 1: I was a recently I was reading something that got me a little bit nervous about Anthony Richardson. Derek Clausen, who does a lot of great work a lot of QB charting, was also partnered up with our pal Matt Harmon over at Reception. Perception just released a bunch of profiles on second year quarterbacks. You know, so you had Richardson, you had c. J. Stroud, you had Bryce Young. I'm missing one. Levis Well Levis, yes, right, his his his evaluation of Anthony Richardson concerned me from the passing standpoint. And look, he admitted that, yes, it was a very small sample size, but you sort of adjust his accuracy ratings for uh, you know, to kind of compare a little bit, and he came out as maybe the worst of the four by a pretty good margin. That worries me a little bit. We know the rushing upside is there. Why I love Daniels is because I feel like he's a more polished passer at this point than Richardson was.
Speaker 3: In fact, you look at you back to look at Richardson's college stats.
Speaker 1: Only had one year as a true starter at Florida over for twenty five hundred yards. Yeah, you compare that to Daniels, who had three seasons with over two thousand yards he had or three seasons with over twenty five hundred yards. See twenty nine hundred is first year at Arizona State, twenty nine hundred his first year at LSU in twenty twenty two and then thirty eight hundred last year at LSU. You know, mind you he probably had some better receivers at LSU than than Richardson had at Florida, but the passing numbers were so significantly better. Then you combine that with the rushing numbers as well. I'm starting to lean more on the Daniels side of things than Richardson.
Speaker 2: Let's go, I'm still on Richardson. I like Daniels a lot. My thing is, I don't want to say I don't care about what he did last year, but it was two games, as like two full games that we got out of him, so to me, and the knock was like, hey, it's gonna take him a little bit to figure it out as a passer. So now we get he gets the full offseason with the Colts where he knows he's the starter. I have way more confidence in Shane Steichen, who got a lot out of the Colts passing game last year even after Richardson went down. And I would expect Daniels to be more polished right now because he's two years older. No, Richardson being younger, already has NFL experience. He is the most physically gifted outside of maybe like Mahomes and Josh Allen. He is the most physically gifted quarterback in the NFL, I would say, and his upside is VQB one and like running away with it video games style, I would say. So that's why I'm a sucker for him. But if you don't want to pay that price, you have a number of different fallbacks. You go Kyler Murray, you can go jayde and Daniels. There's a lot of good Russian quarterbacks of all right.
Speaker 1: I guess I shouldn't make it out that I'm just something like off the Richardson train, because I'm not. I'm still drafting him, and I'm you know, when he falls to me in the right spot, I'm one hundred percent great to just click on that name. Yeah, I just I'm starting to like like Daniels more at ADP.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think either way you should take a second quarterback.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: In some cases, I'm taking three quarterbacks in Best Ball drafts right now, trying to pair them up with with receivers or with pass catchers.
Speaker 3: At some point.
Speaker 1: Speaking of quarterbacks, according to Brown's general manager Andrew Berry, Deshaun Watson is quote actually ahead of schedule in his return from shoulder injury. Floya, I feel like we haven't talked a lot about Deshaun Watson. We talk about Amari Cooper and it's always like the well, what is de Shaun Watson gonna Do we have a talk much about Watson? Are we overlooking at what? Do you have any level of expectation for him this year?
Speaker 2: I kind of I don't think we're gonna see him return.
Speaker 3: To what he used to be. I think those days are done. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the two year layoff and then the year where he was suspended and in and out, and then last year with the injuries, like it's just so much time removed from the game. But I have been considering maybe because last year I was big on Deshaun Watson because I was like, you get him at a QB two price, and I still thought he had the upside of potentially returning to what he used to be. Now though he's going outside the top twenty, and I'm like, he he did top eighteen Fantasy points in three of the five games he played last year, so because of what he could do as a runner, I do think he's being undervalued a little bit. But I think it's just because of the bad taste in my mouth from taking him on so many teams last year. I'm not really excited about getting him.
Speaker 3: Are you drafting him at all?
Speaker 4: Look on, No, I can't say I have. Honestly, it's not like I've been like purposely avoiding him. It's just that I have other options that I'd rather pivot to. And there's great value in guys that we mentioned before later in those drafts, like Kyler Murray, Dak Prescott, Like, those guys are the guys that I kind of like sealed the deal right there that there my QB one, and then we talked about some of the guys like Cale Williams, is you know a QB two QB three guy, you know, Jayden Daniels. We talked about, like, I just like other options in more clear situations than the Deshaun Watson where we haven't really seen him execute this round to offense to be a high scoring offense, and they're without you know, their best player and Nick Chubb. So there's also question marks about the running game and how this is going to pan out. Overall, it's an offense for Deshaun Watson be putting up big fantasy points every Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I tend to have my quarterbacks before before we even get to Watson in the threcond quarter. I am curious about.
Speaker 2: Who would you guys rather have as your QB two, Deshaun Watson or either of the guys coming off of Achilles.
Speaker 1: Uh, I would have I think I take Cousins over Watson. I don't know about Rod. I guess I would take Rogers over Watson too. I have Watson ahead of Rogers. That's I mean, that was a really hard one for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of difficult for me. So hard, I don't know because I just for me with Rogers, it's the Achilles and the age.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will Levis over him in the draft yesterday, let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to come around on will Levis a little. I'm in starting to come around on Will Levis.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the party, fellas.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, don't get super exciting, Like I'm not like, oh, and I'm not pushing the chips in one.
Speaker 2: No, No, I am big on taking him as a QB two, And like if you wait, obviously there's a lot of other QB twos that like Justin Herbert's going as a QB two. Right, But if you wait, I really like will Levis because I think it's gonna be ugly, but I think he's gonna be like this year's Jamis Winston, where he could throw thirty interceptions, but you're gonna get plenty of deep throws and chucks into the end zone.
Speaker 3: It is gonna be like, here's the name. Levis.
Speaker 1: Will be fun to watch because he is going to be He's like the new king of the yolo ball. Right, He's gonna be the new king of the yolo ball. He's gonna throw it downfield, and I mean he's got between Nuke Hopkins Calvin Ridley, he's.
Speaker 3: Got he has to catch those balls.
Speaker 1: Side note to that, because I'm assuming you're you're referring to the video that the supercut of Trevor Lawrence almost touchdowns that's around right now.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. Trevor Larnch would be a top five quarterback.
Speaker 1: I tell you that, all right, Yes he would, but we also have to concede that some of those catches would have taken extraordinary effort.
Speaker 2: It was a weekly game of like, is Calvin Ridley going to make a spectacular catch in the end zone.
Speaker 1: You're not. I mean, like some of those throws were dots for sure, but they were also like contested dots that would have like, yeah, if he it would have been great if he caught it, and Lawrence's stats would have looked completely different, but also would have been like it would have been weekly.
Speaker 2: Holly bleep.
Speaker 1: Did you see the Calvin Ridley catch today? Yeah? So I feel like I've seen this thing going around, right, and like a couple of times I was watching a few times and like, yeah, I mean it really is like a wish casting, like a what could what could have been? Sort of thing with that. So anyway, long story short, well, Levi's gonna throw yollow balls. Hopefully Calvin Ridley can get on the other end of those rainbows and give us a few pots of fantasy gold. Take it a right come back, We'll do a little bit of Smash your Pass talking about some middle round movers in your best ball drafts and how we like them at ADP. That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Time now for Drive your Draft pre is anybody the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. We are playing another round of smash or pass. Yes to the YouTube comment, that is what we are calling it. We are last week, we're talking about some big movers in the early rounds, rounds one through five. This week, I figured we'd look at some of the big movers in the middle rounds, round six through twelve, and a lot of your best drafts. Figuring that most of these are eighteen round drafts, I went and I moved the dates from June tenth to June seventeenth, so Monday to Monday, so in a week. These are some of the biggest movers in those slots. Got six guys who have made some moves. Talk about how we like whether we like them at that ADP. First one Florido Jalen Polk, who is at one forty three point two. He has gone up three point seven spots. I will tell you that I was kind of excited about him, and then we talked to Judy Batista yesterday and I'm maybe not as excited.
Speaker 3: About him as I once was. Answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like, hey, man, I reserved the rights to change my mind when I gain more information. It's June right, Like we get more information, it's okay to change your mind. You don't have to stick to your priors just because you've planted the flag like after the draft. But Jalen Polk at one forty three point two, I mean you're talking late late in drafts. Are you okay with him at that spot? I?
Speaker 2: I guess, But I am not the one that is going to be drafting him because I look at who's going around there. Ricky Piersoh goes right ahead of him. I'd rather take the shot there. I trust the forty nine ers offense a lot more. Quentin Johnson goes right after him. I'm not ready to give up yet on Quintin Johnson, especially hearing them come out and say, like, ye, interesting news on Quentin john We completely misused him last year and that was something I kind of felt they were doing. But even more than that, then you get Jermaine Burton right after that. Malachi Corley goes in that range. Those are two guys that I'm very bullish on, two of my most drafted wide receivers actually. And then if I am taking a Patriots receiver, I'll wait about forty picks and take Javon Baker, who I thought was the better talent than Pope coming in. I know draft capital and all of that, and I'm not saying that Baker is going to get more opportunity, but if I'm taking a shot, I'll take it in the eighteenth round rather than in.
Speaker 3: Like the fourteenth. All right, So how are you feeling smash pass at one? Three?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: I'm going to pass.
Speaker 4: I mean, when we're looking at this Patriots all offense, there's still some question marks about it, and the last twenty five seasons, the Patriots have not had a rookie wide receiver average more than nine Fantasy points per game. So I'm gonna go with history on this side, being that we have questions with Drake May if he's a starter or not. And I don't think Jacoby Brissett can really get this offense to be Fantasy relevant. He'll be competitive, he'll be managing the game, but you're not going to get those real big pops, you know, from a wide receiver and the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think I'm moving toward pass now. I was.
Speaker 1: I was drafting him because I felt like, okay, look, there's it's wide open for who gets on the field and who gets targets in this offense. But you know, with the idea that Jacoby Brissette is going to be most likely the starter for the first at least month to six weeks of the season.
Speaker 3: You know, with some of the.
Speaker 1: Guys they still have there in that offense, some of the veterans they still have in that offense, maybe it's going to be a little bit harder for Polk to get on the field. You talk about Quentin Johnson kind of going in that area. I haven't drafted Quentin Johnston because I've been so busy drafting Lad mconkie. I'm so busy drafting Lad McConkie that it's like, why I can't I can't take Johnston now, Oh.
Speaker 2: The Charger stack is like insanely cheap to get.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, if you want, if you want a Herbert Herbert Johnston, a Herbert mconkie stack, that's an easy, easy one to put together right now for sure. Next up Rash she Rice moving up three point one spots to seventy seven point five.
Speaker 3: Spash passed that spot of que I might.
Speaker 4: I might smash, honestly, but it's only by situational like if the guys that I really like in that range are gone, I kind of will be settling on Rice. I mean, the talent's there. We saw what he did with my homes. The chemistry is there, but there's obviously the all field issues that we're kind of like hesitanting on. But I like him, you know, being that he's in that late laid round the seventh round and if JSN and Deontay Johnson are gone, because that's kind of where the tear break off is for me where I really don't feel comfortable taking some guys as my wide receiver two or three or whatever the case may be after the seventh round. So I feel okay smashing you know Rice.
Speaker 1: There, Pauls smashing the button, the button, the draft button. I mean, I did my my Rashi Rice rant. Was it here on the cheat sheets whatever? Was a couple of weeks ago. I maybe because I'm stuck in my ways, I haven't moved off of that yet.
Speaker 3: But have you have you come around to Rashi Rice Floria at that spot? Yes?
Speaker 2: Like I like he goes right next to Deanty Johnson. I will admit I like Deontay Johnson more a whole lot more. Make that decision. I'm gonna go that way. But after that, Like if Rashie Rice had no off the field issues right now, he's going where the other Chiefs receivers are going. Markuis Brown's going wide receiver thirty two, Xavier Worthy's going thirty six. I think Rice would be right in that range with those guys even if I because I agree with a lot of your what you you said, Marcus, like, they're probably not going to generate as many quick short touches for Rice because they have the deep ball back now in the offense. They have more options there. There's another yat guy with Worthy, but Rice still was like a very high end wide receiver two at the second half of the season last year. So to get him at a wide receiver four price, I'll take the discount because the suspension fear is already kind of baked into his ADP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it seems like that's sort of subsiding. I don't say it's gone, but look, if you guys aren't following Drew Davenport on Twitter, I suggest you do it.
Speaker 3: He does a really good job of sort.
Speaker 1: Of breaking down kind of the legal aspects of a lot of these things, kind of giving you an idea of how things you know it's not a guarantee obviously, but kind of an idea of how things might play out. So it seems like things are sort of calming down on that respect. I'm all right, So then I'll ask you this, who would you guys rather have? Was she Rice or Christian Watson?
Speaker 3: Was she Rice? Rice? Was she Rice or jsn as Rashi Rice?
Speaker 1: Or the new hotness on the fantasy streets Jamison Williams.
Speaker 2: I would go Rice, But you know I love me some James.
Speaker 3: I know you have Jame. That's why I threw it out there.
Speaker 1: He's he's like said, he's the new hotness now, all right, dan quinn is putting out quotes.
Speaker 3: Everybody's getting all excited about him.
Speaker 2: His first normal year in the NFL is normal, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: No suspensions, no injuries, nothing, and the runway is clear. They've they've sort of moved a lot of the other pieces that could have been an obstacle to him getting on the field. He still doesn't have to contend though, with Amon ra and with Sam Laporta, and with Jamir Gibbs in a lot of ways for some of those targets.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Curtis, Samuel and I feel like the Obi Wan Kenobi meme. That's a name I've not heard along up three point one spots ninety four point two for Curtis Samuel. I used to be a Curtis Samuel stan I was cured of that.
Speaker 3: Have you been cured of that? Lakwan?
Speaker 1: Would you draft him at that spot ninety four?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm smashing there, just based off that tier breakoff that I talked about in that seventh round. Like after that, if I'm looking for wide receivers, I start looking at guys that I really like and guys that have a healthy situation. I mean, he had a career high with Joe Brady in twenty twenty. I'm gonna keep having the table on this because the dude created one hundred and thirty eight fantasy opportunities as targets and rushing attempts as well. So you're getting a guy that has a familiar taste of this system and knows and the OC knows how to bring the absolute best out of him having career high with him. So smashing Curtis Samuel.
Speaker 3: There are you in on Curtis Samuel right there?
Speaker 2: I'm in on him at that price because I think all of the Bills receivers right now are good value because eighty six percent of their wide ride receiver targets are vacated from last season, and Josh Allen is still the quarterback. But of the three, Curtis Samuel I think is my least favorite because I think Kean Coleman has the highest ceiling. I will admit his low is is low, and there's a wide range of outcomes there, but I do believe he is the highest upside. And then I'm a big Khalil Shakir guy as well. I think last season what he did goes under the radar. He was top two in Fantasy points per target and pro opportunity. He got more utilized in the playoffs and late in the season. Josh Allen clearly has a lot of trust in him, so I think none of them are a bad bet. But because you get Shakir like a round or two later than Samuel, he is the one that I like better of the secondary options.
Speaker 1: I I think I'm sort of out on Samuel most because it's not even about the wide receivers around him, it's about running backs that record going around him.
Speaker 3: At that spot. You got James Connor.
Speaker 1: You got Zach mash, you got Jalen Warren, you got Jonathan Brooks, you got Ramandre Stevenson, all sort of slated to go in that eighth round. You Jamison Williams just ahead of him at wide receiver. You got Tyler Lockett around later. I think it's because I've been burned, you know, for so many years. Well because for so many ye right, we kept we kept being told this story about Curtis samiuel Man. He can catch it, he can run with the football. We're gonna use him the backfield. We're gonna line himup he We're gonna line him up there. And I just I think I'm over that fallacy. Like I'm just I'm tired of being told that fairy tale where we hear that all the time and it just never works out the way we walk because it's it's like the it's the Duke Johnson.
Speaker 4: Corollary, right, Oh, Duke Johnson.
Speaker 2: Erdarol Patterson falls in right, love Duke Johnson.
Speaker 1: And my thing with Duke Johnson is that he was a good running back, but he's always on a team with better running backs. And he was a good receiver, but he's on a team with better receivers all the time. And I feel like we're sort of there with Curtis Samuel at this point where he's good enough at both things, but there are always guys on the team that do it a little bit better than him.
Speaker 2: So he's he's played seven years in the NFL and there's like one impactful season.
Speaker 1: He has one season with a thousand scrimmage yards, and that's it with Joe Brady.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, but even then it was just kind of a mess season.
Speaker 4: He did it with Teddy Bridgewater as the quarterback. We're now talking about Josh Allen and the system where he's gonna be able to spread.
Speaker 3: The ball out.
Speaker 4: I believe in Joe Brady and the Curtis Samuel connection, just based on what we saw back in the day when he was able to bring the absolute best at him.
Speaker 3: He had a career. Hi were Robbie chosen? All right? I mean, so, so can he get to a thousand scrimming yards? Yes? How many touchdowns? Four?
Speaker 4: He is not a touchdown score or but he averaged fourteen Fantasy points per game. He had two hundred rushing yards, He had eight hundred and fifty You know, receiving yards that year with the Carolina Panthers. I think that's doable for a guy that you're getting, you know, that's possibly getting a you know, a QB upgrade with Josh Allen to bring out some of those touchdowns. But hopefully we can get Curtis Samue utilize how he was with the Panthers. All right, Yeah, I think I'd still rather take James Connor.
Speaker 2: Running backs in that range are the correct That.
Speaker 4: Is the correct answer, just based on your bill if you're if you're still deps looking for why shaver back? Now, I got to tell you the truth. Fath at the second round, seventh round, it gets that's.
Speaker 3: That's the wide receiver dead zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it gets gone. That is a wide receiver dead zone. Next, Chris Godwin up two point nine spots at sixty two point nine. Uh, LaQuan, you've talked a lot about Chris Godwin. I'll ask you, Florio. I mean he's back to playing in the slot again.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Uh he's in. He's you know, just in the top sixty five picks. Are you cool with Chris Godwin with that spot?
Speaker 2: I'm cool with where he's going, but I'm not going into drafts being like I want to come away with Chris Godwin.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I am excited that he's going back into the slot, although I have questions of like, is that going to last because they did draft Jalen McMillan, who is a slot specialist, So if he ends up being their best third wide receiver, I think they'll say, Okay, Godwin, we're gonna put you back out wide. And Godwin the last three years has been solid, but like he doesn't score a lot of touch downs for fantasy purposes, he was very boom or bus last season. Now, I know the change in OC and everything, but I'm also of the mindset that, like everything went right for Baker Mayfield last year, I would not be surprised if he took a step back. So I like Godwin. I think he's a really good wide receiver three at where you're getting him. But if I miss out on him and I end up with another receiver that goes in that range, I'm I'm not gonna be too.
Speaker 3: Upset about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like him there, I don't know that I've drafted him as much just because of some of the guys that are around him wide receiver wise, at least, because Deontay Johnson is still hanging around right there lad Mconkie right now, going just a few spots ahead of him. So that's sort of the reason I haven't. I'll say this if I am, If I'm trying to build something and I'm trying to put together some stacks, drafting, Chris Godwin sort of gives me an out to take Baker Mayfield later, Like if all my other stacks, if one of my other stacks doesn't come through, right, Like, if I get sniped on a quarterback somewhere and I have Chris Godwin, I feel pretty confident that I can get.
Speaker 3: Baker Mayfield later in the draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he sort of gives me I drafted kind of as an insurance policy in case one of my other potential stacks go sideways.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's an endorsement or not. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, Alvin Kamara has fallen down two point seven spots. He's at seventy three point five. I don't know about you, Lakwan, I have not drafted much Alvin Kamara at all. How do you feel about him? And now you know their contract situations that are sort of in the works here. I'm assuming that's why you have seen him fall a little bit still though in the top seventy five.
Speaker 3: Are you Are you cool with that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes and no, Like I kind of had smash on this, but then I'm thinking like past at the same time with the contract situation, so I mean, maybe they rework it. But I can't imagine Alvin Kamara at twenty nine, almost thirty years old, you know, going to another team if they do end up kicking them off. How productive is he gonna be in this offensive wherever he lands. But I think if he's still gonna be with the Saints, man, I think you could throw a flyer on him, man, because he still is gonna give you somewhat a decent workload and he has a target share that's gonna be notable in that offense. Because honestly, they didn't really go out in the draft and bringing pass catchers this offseason either. It's really still Chris Olave and Alvin Kamara.
Speaker 3: Chris O.
Speaker 1: Love is like the only Saint I've drafted. I don't know if I don't even feel great about him either. I mean, so that you don't fee great about himor is that we're all worried about Derek Carr that I know.
Speaker 2: I've long been a not a car supporter. The one thing he does well, though, is dump off.
Speaker 3: The running backs. There you go.
Speaker 2: And but but I go back and forth with Kamara because I'm like, he's gonna get all of those targets. And I had him last year. He was one of my favorite players to draft because of where you were getting him because of this pensioned discount. But if those targets do drop off, it could just become dust for Alvin Kamara. Like he really showed signs of falling off as a runner last year, he showed signs of falling off as a receiver. All of his points were from catches, like he he was one of three players in NFL history to have seventy five or more catches and not get five.
Speaker 1: Hundred receivers seventy five catches for four hundred and sixty six yards.
Speaker 3: It's bad. That is gross. Like I'm off, that is gross.
Speaker 2: I'm fine taking him where he's going, but I haven't drafted him a whole bunch because I do understand like the fears that he could just be dust and I'd rather wait a few rounds and get like Zamir White or DeAndre Swift or someone like that.
Speaker 1: I just seventy five yards for seventy five catches for four hundred and sixty six yards.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. That made me a full point PPR super villain. It is.
Speaker 1: It's like, I will accept half point PPR. I know that, you know I say that. I understand that. Guess NFL dot com we play full point PPR. Okay, I understand. Don't don't tweet me about it. A half point I can make it.
Speaker 3: I can. I can sort of abide that, I mean, because that's just gross.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's disgusting. I don't I don't want to live that way. I am not.
Speaker 1: I am not down with Kamara at that spot, the last one. And this sort of hurts my heart a little bit because I've always been a big Javonte Williams fan. He's got two point seven spots at one eight point six? Lakwan, how are are you in?
Speaker 3: You out?
Speaker 4: I am completely out, man. There is just too much going on over there in Denver. I mean, Sean Payton's mentioning way too many running backs in his press conferences. So you really don't know who's going to be the guy.
Speaker 1: Sean Payton names like every offensive skill position player.
Speaker 4: So you'll never ever really get ninety. But only six games last season where he had over fifty percent of the snap opportunity. So that's my biggest fear. But the good news in those six naps, he actually looked like the guy and had a decent workload. But it looks like, you know, they drafted you know, Audrey Estime, and then they got Blake watching there, and then Julia McLaughlin is making a bunch of camp buzz. So you gotta feel a lot of like anxiety of picking him off the board where he's going at because you really just don't know if he's gonna be able to play or if he's gonna get traded Florida.
Speaker 1: I feel about the Broncos sort of the way we've just talked about the Saints, except worse, Like, oh yeah, I think I would trust Derek Carr over any of the Broncos quarterbacks right now.
Speaker 2: The thing I keep saying about this backfield is like the key is to figure out who's going to be the passing down back, because bo Nix is a checkdown guy. Sean Payton's offense is involved more running back checkdowns than any coach in the league. The issue is samaj p Ryan is still on this roster and he was really good as a pass catcher last year. But Javonte at where he's going, I can't say I've drafted him a bunch yet, but I'm starting to warm up to it a little bit more because he's going to be two years from the knee injury now, which is where we always hear that.
Speaker 3: The burst comes back.
Speaker 2: I I and then you could like handcuff him with Julia McLaughlin, who's my favorite Broncos running back to take a shot on right now, because he's going and pick like one sixties, so you get him super cheap.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If it costs more to get Javonte, I'd be firmly out. But he's going right around Devin Singletary, Brian Robinson. I'm like, that feels like the appropriate.
Speaker 3: Range for him.
Speaker 1: I gonna say, so, I was gonna I was gonna ask like Javonce or or Brian Robinson, Brian Robinson, Javonte Davante all right, Uh, all right, Davonte or Devin Singletary.
Speaker 2: Javonte just I think the upside's higher.
Speaker 3: It's kind of Singletary. I'm gonna go Singletary, all right, Javont or TJ. Spears, Tay J.
Speaker 2: Spears, I'll go Spears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love Spears, I love I love t J. Spears.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll put we'll put rams fan to the test here, Javonte or Blake Blake cor honestly, like I take.
Speaker 2: Gus bust to the other the other la running, Yeah, there you go, I'll take the Thing about Devin Singletary is the last time he worked with Brian Dable. The Bills didn't run the ball once in the playoff game. That was the game where like their first, they had one rushing attempt in the first half, and it was Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Also, when he played with Brian Dabele, he needed three forms of idea to get to the end zone. That I mean really like he had an easier time getting into the club as an underage student, yeah than he did getting.
Speaker 3: Into the end zone with Brian Dabele for sure. Uh, there you go.
Speaker 1: That was Driver to Draft, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camray. Whatever your vibe, it's a camera Vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash camray.
Speaker 3: Ah. That was fun. Yeah, enjoy Tampa. It's gonna be hot as you know what.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's very hot.
Speaker 3: I got shorts.
Speaker 1: I hope, so I would hope, so I would suggest you know, Linen uh wearing white loud shirt will be on. Well, that's a given for you. In the meantime, we will do the cheat sheet.
Speaker 3: We will. We will soldier on without you for the cheat sheets.
Speaker 4: I'll beat in the comments man, all right, please do.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, we're watching The Big Lebowski. Will we talk about that on Thursday. The dude abides, the dude bides, so we'll talk about that and plenty more in the meantime. That'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, save Fidelthie, do good and live well. Joy the week, everybody. We'll talk to you again soon