Speaker 1: Thank you, Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up, buddies.
Speaker 3: All right, Friday Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday Friday. If you're watch today, as you should be on YouTube at Covino and Rich fs song, you could see you're on location in Arizona. Yeah, here representing we're gonna have a good time. It's sort of a bro trip, but we're going to report on the Cardinals forty nine ers this weekend.
Speaker 2: Brostrip, I'm here to get Brock pretty a pep talk. Here you go, Brock.
Speaker 1: That's the real reason.
Speaker 3: So we're lying from Arizona, Covino and Rich. We have lots to get to Rich's big TV game of the week, the game that's sweeping the nation brain wave. But first and first, mostly like we always do the weeknds, here we be rocking out.
Speaker 4: Let's go all right, hey CNR on FSR. Al Right, we gotta get to so much today. Your boy, Aaron Judge. You gotta be happy about that.
Speaker 3: Call the judge and get some fudge. That's the only thing that's making me happy. Even though it shouldn't. It should be obvious that he's your MVP. We will talk about it. Congratulations to Aaron judge deserving seventeen to thirteen. I don't know if it was that close, but we're broadcasting live again from Arizona.
Speaker 1: The rest of the.
Speaker 3: Crew, iOS Samuel IAMY two's Danny g Are, super producer Dan Byer. Everybody back at the Fox Sports Radio studios in Los Angeles, And if you miss any of today's show, remember to search Covino and Rich wherever you stream, follow, rate and review five stars only because anything less is uncivilized. So besides all of our games and weekend hob nobby getting you into the weekend, I gotta say this first. I will explain that everybody is safe in sound, like your favorite song Wrench, everybody is safe in sound. But I got extremely disappointing news. You know, things happen in life. But again, I don't want anyone to worry. I just want to share the story in a few minutes. Okay, so stay tuned to that. It's any could feel. If you could feel the disappointment in my soul right now, then you're dead on because I am so disappointed, happy to be here broadcasting and hanging with you guys. But I'll explain. However, there was a game last night we got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the question really is Drake May? Is him or is he? Because we don't quite know.
Speaker 4: It's the big question today and I'm hearing to tell you that I think he is.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, you could be prisoner of the moment. You can't deny that the guy is great. But people live in a world of headlines and people love to say things like.
Speaker 2: He's the next Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will admit this.
Speaker 3: They didn't struggle really that long, Like they found their guy immediately. It's like a guy who lost his wife and then found another hot one a few years later. It happened really quick. There was no really downtime and down period for the Patriot. There's some Cam Newton years in there, but it seems like they are back and in full force again, beating the Jets yesterday to kick off Week eleven, twenty seven fourteen. They're now nine and two. But if you read like what people are saying on social media, like Tom Brady was cloned, man, he's Tom Brady? Is he really Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: Is he him?
Speaker 3: As the kiddo say as Rich just said eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, that's the question.
Speaker 1: Plus there's a whole story about his wife.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: When you ask yourself, is Drake May the real deal? Essentially, you gotta remind yourself. Yet he was a top level pick. It's not like he's some guys just like got lucky.
Speaker 2: I get it, you know.
Speaker 3: They not a surprise. But not everybody pans out either. As you see in the NFL, people love to.
Speaker 2: Say, we'll look at their schedule.
Speaker 4: It's week and I will forever hate that argument because you only play who's on your schedule. You can't dictate be like we want tougher competition. You play who's on your schedule. And if you think back Danny G Week one, the Patriots lost to your Raiders.
Speaker 1: Yo, what up, Danny g?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Gino Smith looked excellent in that.
Speaker 4: Game, and we thought like, oh man, Patriots, what a rough Week one?
Speaker 2: They lost to the Raiders. Then we thought, for a minute, your Raiders might be good. Since then, get this, since then this team is gone.
Speaker 1: One nine in one.
Speaker 3: Drake May stepped up and again they're playing the Jets two hundred and eighty one yards one Tuddy but just looking solid and the whole team sort of vibes around them. They're four and two at home and nine and two overall. The Patriots are the real deal. Of course there's the Cults, of course, Theirs, the Broncos, of course there's the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: But gotta be high on the Patriots. Is he the guy.
Speaker 3: Or are we just really excited that he could be or appears to be, or seems to be the next Tom Brady?
Speaker 4: Well in a world where everyone clearly loves to gamble, that's another storyline in the world of sports lately.
Speaker 3: He's gonna hate that comparison, if not speaking out about it already, it's like feeling really big shoes. It's like, let me just be the best Drake May I could be, because you're never gonna like being compared to Tom Brady is the worst thing in the world. It's like, and I hate to give you a Yankee example, it's like, who was always gonna follow Jeter? That was always a conversation. That's what Vaulty's haunted by. Right now, Look at the.
Speaker 4: Odds right now via DraftKings sports Book, Drake May is your favorite to win the MVP. I repeat, Drake May is your favorite to win the MVP. So I look at this as an opportunity to say what's the better bet? Because Danny j dan Byer I was sam Our team back in LA. Can we all agree that, like, we're not quite sure that is the result? Fast forward the second half of the year. Is I mean, would you be confident in your chest behind Drake?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you do?
Speaker 2: Narratives change week to week?
Speaker 1: And you know this because we talk about it.
Speaker 3: You know, he could all of a sudden have a few bad games and then we're saying Drick may might be ass That's just how the sports world works.
Speaker 2: It's a very fickle fan base.
Speaker 3: We love to cheer people when they're hot and tear them down when they stink.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 3: It's still way early, I mean even though it's week eleven already, but anything can happen in the next few weeks.
Speaker 1: Why don't you do what you do best? Schedule watch?
Speaker 2: Oh Sam, I have to do it. We schedule watch.
Speaker 1: Maybe let's break it down, let's figure it out.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, the rich loves to look at the schedule, game schedule watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, st you figure it out watching?
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a look at where the Patriots go from here because you could say, all right, well, liston, they're nine and two. They play at the Bengals. That is a winnable game. Yeah, ten and two they play the Giants in New England. Eleven and two they play the Bills. Let's assume the Bills and pat split eleven and three. Okay, the Ravens who are fighting, right, they're back on track.
Speaker 2: Maybe eleven and four.
Speaker 1: We'll do that, okay, Yeah, Jets, twelve.
Speaker 4: And four, Dolphins who will be probably playing for nothing. This Patriots team could go thirteen and four. And then you're saying, well, that seems like a possibility that Drake may could be your MVP if he continues to play the way.
Speaker 2: He's been playing. But let me give you the Vegas odds of other guys in the.
Speaker 3: Mix, and he plays some stinkers. Paddon knows numbers playing the Jets again and yeah, so if he keeps it up, that's definitely gonna be the conversation.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is all right.
Speaker 4: Ask yourself and you guarantee that it's a quarterback. Danny g Ian, we've talked about this.
Speaker 2: What do you think is it could be a lot of buzz round tailor.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, I sent you guys the side by side comparison with Adrian Peterson the last time a running back won the MVP for the league twenty twelve. Taylor's on track right now to better Adrian Peterson's numbers that MVP season.
Speaker 3: And he's getting the chance, and he's getting the looks and he's getting people talking.
Speaker 1: It's sort of a bit of a campaign.
Speaker 4: I mean, to quote my cousin Vinnie. The stats are almost ah dentical. But Jonathan Taylor right now plus six hundred. If you want to play gambling man, if you want to be uh Kenny Rodgers, if you want to be the gambler, he's plus six hundred right now. The favorite to an MVP is Drake May at plus two thirty five. And if you're not a gambler, that means you bet one hundred, you win two thirty five. Right now, Jonathan Taylor plus six hundred, you bet one hundred my money on that.
Speaker 2: That's six hundred, you know.
Speaker 4: How so up and down the season has been. Let me give you the top four. Taylor at plus six hundred.
Speaker 3: People were high on the Patriots a few weeks ago, I mean on the Steelers a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Mahomes plus five hundred, Drake May's number one at two thirty five. I feel like the bet and it's not even the greatest odds to gamble with, but I feel like Matthew Stafford's MVP. Matthew Stafford plus two fifty.
Speaker 3: Well tonight his great season, but his story isn't as fun and as exciting as Drake May.
Speaker 4: Right now, Well, guess what to reference your own bonehead, your own Yankees, Aaron Judge, what did you say yesterday?
Speaker 2: It's not about the story, bro, It's about how good you are. Because if it was about the.
Speaker 4: Story, cal Raley would be MVP. So it's not about the story. Who cares if Drake May is a better story? Matthew Stafford right now, you want to hear this.
Speaker 3: This is wild, Get this break it down, because again, not enough people. Look, we live this social media life, and we follow the buzz and we feel the hype, and we talk to our friends and I chop it up at.
Speaker 1: The barber shop. You're the only guy I know that's saying this right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Vegas has him number two.
Speaker 4: But listen to this, and by the way, Everyone's wife now is a star, right, Matthew Stafford's wife does a podcast.
Speaker 2: Drake May's wife. We're gonna get to her in a second. She's like the sweetest little podcasts are like bungholes.
Speaker 1: Like bungholes, You're right, everybody has one and most of them stink.
Speaker 4: Drake May's wife is on social media doing little recipes and everyone's loving her. She's the first lady of New England. They're saying that he posted in twenty twenty when they were both so young. He's like breaking in the twenty twenties with a ten and they're saying they're the most adorable, like small town field couple. Quite the opposite of Tom Brady and Giselle. So, Drake May, everyone's wife. If you're a superstar quarterback, look at a you know, if you want to talk about Justin Herbert, he's in your top five or six MVP voting him and Madison Beer. So you're an NFL quarterback these days, it's almost shocking if you're not aware of who their wife or girlfriend is.
Speaker 1: The wags.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Matthew Stafford's statsoh, because this guy's always been really good. I mean, he's a guy that's gonna be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: They were talking about when Clayton Kershaw recently, I forget who was when I saw him being interviewed, and he was like, dude, I go to watch him. They went to high school together and grew up together, which is crazy that went to high school with so great nobody, right, they grew up together the high school.
Speaker 2: The fact Greek guy named Gus.
Speaker 3: Most people you don't go to high school with a bunch of nobody's these two competing together, two superstars from the same high school.
Speaker 4: It's like when you hear Adam Sandler's roommates with him, he was jut up at judd Apatown.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like when you see the Charlie Sheen documentary and he grew up with Chris and Sean Penn and George Clooney.
Speaker 1: It's like I grew up.
Speaker 3: With nobody the Friends of a Week, Right, So Clayton Kershaw was like, I can't imagine you see me hobbling out. He almost had a heart attack cheering that they won the World Series. He goes, I can't believe that my buddy I went to high school is still competing at this level, and you know, it is remarkable. Not enough people are talking about how great he is for the age he is. He is thirty seven years old. Yes, but you saw Clayton Kershaw on the Field Series and you felt cow many years he played.
Speaker 4: You felt like they when Clayton Kershaw came to that game, they met his whole wheeled out like Whitey Ford or something.
Speaker 2: It felt like it was the oldest dude on planet Earth.
Speaker 3: So the fact that he he's still playing quarterback in the NFL, that dude couldn't even get on the mound anymore.
Speaker 4: Let it be known that right now Matthew Stafford has twenty five touchdowns two interceptions.
Speaker 2: That is by far the best having a career. So he's having a career year.
Speaker 4: And he's already in my mind, a Hall of Famer. And I don't want to say waste it away, but he's a guy. He's a guy that for years in Detroit, right for years and years and years in Detroit, this guy just put up big numbers on a team that really wasn't doing much.
Speaker 2: He goes to the.
Speaker 4: Rams, wins the super Bowl, and every year he's in the mix. So you could argue that Matthew Stafford is your MVP.
Speaker 1: Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 3: That storyline, for whatever reason, though, isn't as juicy or as exciting as.
Speaker 2: We found our next Tom Brady. But it doesn't matter if he's the MVP. But is Drake? I'm just saying, is Drake May the guy? Is he? You know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Is he on the field?
Speaker 3: Here's my impression and I'm say this respectfully. Yeah, his record, the way his team rallies around him, his stats, his winning attitude, the beautiful story about his wife, all those things he said.
Speaker 1: Can't deny it, can't take it away.
Speaker 3: I think as far as star power, just personality, he just seems too too star too normal and average of a guy, you know, like Tom Brady. You can say the same thing about Tom Brady. But tom Brady was like next level handsome and he stood out.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like he stands out that much on the field. He does, but he's not. He doesn't have the charisma to be that big of a star right now. Or is that just because he's young?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Do you see what I'm saying? Did you say what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: I'm not saying you judge MVPs based on that, but I'm saying, is he the next big face of the league.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There is a great article. He's putting up great numbers, that's all that miss. I read article about what Drake May is doing in New England and I actually wrote it down.
Speaker 3: And I'm Drake made it be like a bit boring. That's That's really what I'm saying. In the nicest way, guess what he wins, and that's all that matters. I get that you're not wrong.
Speaker 4: And I say that because the article that I read, Yeah, and it wasn't just a headline. Get this guy's I actually read the article. His teammates are saying his best quality is I'm gonna say a word. Your mom's gonna get mad because it's not a real world humbleness.
Speaker 2: It's humility, you idiot. No, they're saying that he is humble, and I respect chill.
Speaker 1: Please understand humble and chill.
Speaker 3: I respect that, But this is the NFL and I feel like you need a little bit of uh, I don't know, a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Give me a better word than pizzazz rich.
Speaker 3: I think I want you to go with pizzazz I think I want you to stick with you. No, and all that matters, Moxie, there you go. You know, all that matters is right now, he's approaching three thousand yards twenty tuddies, he only has five picks.
Speaker 2: He's slaying it. He's a stud.
Speaker 3: He's a six foot four, two hundred and twenty five stallion on the pag So I'm not trying to downplay him. It's like when someone's that good, you look for something to nitpick on. I find that to be an important quality though, as a leader or face of a team in the NFL and as a quarterback. You know how Colin Cowherd often talks about quarterback face. He has the face, but does he have that sort of not not leadership, Moxie, good one, Sam, And is that important?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But that's my only criticism, which is a good thing. That's a good thing. Believe me, I'm not hating. I'm just stating, so Drake May. The question is if we're asking is he him? That's my only critique? Does that matter? No? It's a win now league and he's winning, and that's all that matters. I'm just letting you know how I feel there's a little sense of boring when it comes to him.
Speaker 2: And that may change.
Speaker 4: He's winning a boring a little bit. Well, is Drake may him yes or no? And of the Patriots for real, let us know what you think eight seven seven nine nine non fox.
Speaker 2: I think they are.
Speaker 4: I think that we hate to think they are because usually, I've said this before, when a team is a dynasty, the rest of the league loves it when they suck for a good five plus years to really find their footing again. It really seems and you know what, it's because time's flying too. We forget that to Tom Brady played three years for the Bucks.
Speaker 2: He's been retired a few years.
Speaker 4: It's it's been about that period of time for the Patriots to rebuild. I think we just forget times flying. It's not like Tom Brady was there two years ago. He went to the Bucks. They sucked and now they're good.
Speaker 2: Brady had a whole stint with the Bucks. He's been retired for years.
Speaker 3: It's not true. It's you know, it's like, remember when we turn around quick? Yeah, things do turn around quick. Let me give you a little blind comparison. I know, Colin loves to do this. These four quarterbacks have they're all within a couple hundred yards, twenty eight hundred, twenty four hundred, twenty three hundred, twenty six hundred, twenty touchdowns, five interceptions, twenty five touchdowns, two interceptions, seventeen and five in nineteen and eight. And that's May, Stafford Mahomes, and Justin Herbert. Those are the four guys were talking about.
Speaker 4: They're not that far away from each other, right, So, I mean Drake May could be MVP.
Speaker 3: Gratulations And I do like the story, like you said, the other side story aside from him doing it again last night and being the guy is he him is the question? Is the nice story of his wife Anne is the total opposite.
Speaker 1: Of what New England was used to with Giselle.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're saying that he's like the very community based she's doing cooking recipes.
Speaker 3: That's not just the contrast between him and his wife and Brady and his wife and what New England was used to, what they were accustomed to, and now they got Anne who seems to be fitting in and they seem to be to be embracing the story to be So your thoughts at He's seven seven ninety nine on Fox, and of course, if you're driving home, you hit us up late at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio on social media.
Speaker 4: Now your thoughts on Drake May. We're gonna get into some funny gambling stories. Eminem's in the news and it has to do with Matthew Stafford's old team, the Detroit Lions, and something pretty cool. I think for the league, I think for Detroit, I think for all of us. So we'll talk some Eminem, we'll talk some NFL. We got our big TV games of the week, and.
Speaker 3: Cafino, I gotta give you the updates the most miserable story on the weakest story. Again, everybody's healthy and safe, but the weakest like what are the chances kind of story?
Speaker 1: And what's a dad as a dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a dad, I'm gonna I'm gonna share that story with you next right here on Fox Sports Radio again the number eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: We are Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: Now all of your favorite NBA players are back and DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA is the place to bet on NBA stars this season.
Speaker 4: New customers betches five bucks, get three months of NBA League Pass plus score three hundred dollars if your bet wins paid in bonus bet.
Speaker 3: There's this you got to do, buddy boy, Download the DraftKings sportsbook app, use qute CR show this code crshow bet five bucks, get three months of League pass plus get three hundred dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 4: If your bet wins all at DraftKings. And by the way, again that three hundred dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 2: That's pretty sweet. So go there now. DraftKings in partnership with us. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called what eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope, in wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and resorting Kansas pass through. If per wager tax may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required. NBA League Pass auto renews until cancel. Additional terms at DKNG dot Co Slash Audio limited time offer.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Showgram Covino and Rich. Come check us out. Party with us in Arizona. You could be part of the party, part of a party at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. We're streaming live and you could chat it up live. Pull up the live chat. Let's say what's up. Covino and Rich FSR live from Arizona, heading to the game this weekend. We'll come back Monday with more stories. The rest of the crew, Super producer Danny g Iiwa, Sam Bayer, everybody else.
Speaker 1: Live from the Fox Sports Radio studios.
Speaker 3: Again, we got Rich's big TV Game of the week brain Wave, and we get you ready for this weekend with weekend hobnob and what you need to watch in the world the sports and pop culture. We got it all here on the Covino and Rich Show. I'm Steve Covino, that is Rich Davis, and I got the weakest story now I do.
Speaker 2: Before you get to it, I have one thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hear it.
Speaker 4: I was listening to that promo of Dan Patrick right away. You gotta love and respect. You gotta respect to the Patrick.
Speaker 3: We're filling in next Wednesday morning in for DP, So wake up early with us DP show Wednesday right here on Fox Sports Radio DP with Covino on Wretch.
Speaker 2: What but No.
Speaker 4: I heard him say last night if you would have put a twelve on Drake May's jersey, there were times in the pocket where you would have said, oh, look, they're showing highlights of Tom Brady. He's composed, and know what we're forgetting. That's what I'm saying that he doesn't want that dog. You think he just wants.
Speaker 3: To be the best Drake May he could be. I don't want to be compared to TV twelve.
Speaker 4: I think we're forgetting sometimes that last year there were times where we're like, yo, look at the guts and huemos on Drake May.
Speaker 2: We forget that.
Speaker 4: There were glimmers last year where we felt like, you know, this kid's got some balls.
Speaker 2: I like this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there were moments where Drake May did look really good.
Speaker 2: I like him. Everybody likes some numbers speak for the he's winning us all that matter.
Speaker 4: He's twenty three years old, and last year, when you look at rookie quarterbacks, everyone from Justin Herbert to Matthew Stafford to Peyton Manning to Drew Brees, all these guys back in the day Tom Brady, they're td to interception ratio their turnovers. All this stuff is not good. Last year Drake May on a losing team, fifteen touchdowns, ten interceptions. Like for a guy that had a pretty decent rookie year, we're acting a little too surprised and only five picks this year, we're acting surprise that he's having a pretty damn good year. At this pace, he's gonna end up right now, they're saying, at this pace when you just do the math, right hill ed up with thirty something tuddies, like you know, less than twenty picks, Like he's got a really solid year and the patrious.
Speaker 3: Fourteen to fifteen allions based on the schedule. If he just joined us, and if my only criticism right now is he appears to be a little bland and boring, he's not that flashy, then maybe that's a good thing. Maybe that's refreshing for the NFL. If that's my only criticism, that is a good thing. I'm stretching and I'm reaching to find something that the one last thought about that isn't great. I totally forgot something.
Speaker 2: We said.
Speaker 4: We act as though the Patriots were a dynasty, sucked for a year, and now they're just great again. It feels that way though, But they went through Cam Newton. My dude, I'm a Niners fan. I forgot that, like, oh yeah, the whole mac Jones grand opening, grand clothing that was in there too. So it's not like it happened overnight. It's been a good five years of like, all right, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: The Patriots, like any good run organization, found their way back to success nine and two, only nine win team. They got the Thursday game, of course, but they're ready to roll. Man, We'll say, are we prisoners of the moment? Are we just loving the story? Are we just yearning and searching for the next Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: Or is he him? Is the question and your answers, we appreciate it, you know what? Any other thoughts?
Speaker 3: Danny g Iowa, Sam Fellas chime in, and of course eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox, before I give you my miserable update.
Speaker 5: Covino, you asked that question, are you a prisoner of the moment?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or not?
Speaker 5: I think it's a little bit of both. I think May is legit. The Patriots are not battle tested yet, but they're not as bad in the past five season seasons as we think either. I was looking it up forty two and thirty three the past five seasons. Yeah, so not as bad as what we think. But as a Raiders fan, I'm not ready for the Patriots to be good again. Like, as a hater on the Patriots, I want them to stink for like two or three more seasons as.
Speaker 3: Great as they were for so long. I feel like they should stink a little more. But that's just not how it's going. Well, that's sorry, New England.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, that's the scent of it in all sports, right, Like when a team is so good for so long, like there will be a time and I know this sounds ridiculous, but there'll be a time where Mahomes is done, Kelsey's retired, Andy Reid calls it a day and the chief stink again.
Speaker 2: They will stink.
Speaker 4: And imagine if within a few years they find their next guys.
Speaker 2: And they're like, what do we do? What this supposed to suck for longer?
Speaker 4: I think we just thought that the Pat's would suck for longer because when we were kids, they sucked for.
Speaker 2: A long time. No, absolutely, they sucked for a long time.
Speaker 3: Hey, so hey, props, major props when we're talking about this gay comparing him to Matthew Stafford. Stafford's having a career year. He's doing something right. So believe me if you think I was trying to take something away from him before, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: We talked about that MVP race and right now Vegas has Drake May favored Dan Bayer. Seahawks will have a lot to do this weekend with whether or not Matthew Stafford is still towards the top of that conversation. Because Rams Seahawks, that is the best game of the week. I know you might say, well what about Denver and you know the Chiefs. I'm telling you that Seahawks Rams game. I am so intrigued because they're both seven and two. Who's gonna who's gonna take this week? To tell the rest of the NFL? Yo, We're it, so we'll see.
Speaker 7: Sam Darnold was not mentioned in your guys conversation, and I will right, but I don't know if he should be necessarily. I think that it's easy.
Speaker 3: It's been like, oh, he's more elite than anyone gave him credit for.
Speaker 1: That's been the storyline with him.
Speaker 7: Is that fair and and well he was in the conversation last year. I just I've been complaining about the turnovers. And this may be just being a fan of the team and thinking that the glass is always half empty. But my argument, if you look even further down the list, you're gonna see Jackson Smith and Jigba.
Speaker 1: That's the only guy.
Speaker 7: Donald throws two like there's no one else there, and they don't have much of a running game, so anything that they do offensively is really based on the success of Jackson Smith and Jigba. So when I see like Donald so high up, I'm like, JSN should be up as well. And you talk about Jonathan Taylor challenging rushing marks, JSN is challenging receiving marks this season. So I'm surprised he's not going to win it. But I'm just surprised that.
Speaker 4: I think Sam Darnold, if anything, should be getting a hell of a lot more credit than he gets because people.
Speaker 3: Are like, oh, you have a sa him on us, though, Rich, thank you Dan Byer for bringing that up, because for whatever reason it is, it's it's overlooked quite often on this show and its on a lot of media platforms.
Speaker 7: I would just say this because I was actually saying that Donald shouldn't like he's on the list, like he's he's like sixth or seventh. But my point is, Jackson Smith and Jigba has been so much a part of that team, and if he's the only guy that that Donald throws to, really the next closest. Jason has eighty five targets, Cooper Cup has thirty five targets.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I had an Jigba, I want to be out of the Guillotine League.
Speaker 2: So you know, you think about it.
Speaker 3: By the way, Rich, this is a great opportunity for Drake May to really make his mark and win an MVP or anyone else because it's a down yere for mahomes it down here for Josh Allen who talking about were talking about Shoheo Tani earlier today on our flight to Arizona. We were saying, this guy, you know, because Wan Soto came in second, third, third, he Shore second, Werber second, sho Heo Tani wins again. Showho Tani might win a few more blocking these dudes, all these dudes from ever winning one period.
Speaker 4: Has a productive year, like no one may win the nl MVP other than Otani for years if Otani's mildly Otani.
Speaker 3: So this is a great year with guys like Allen and Mahomes having sort of down years, this is a great year for Drake May to really make his mark.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, one last thought before your sad story and Dan Buyer's update, this is a great year to really appreciate not just Drake May. I'll throw sam Donold in that conversation because we saw him struggling with the Jets and then Carolina and you know, the guys get tossed around like that.
Speaker 2: Then he goes to the forty nine ers and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, well, there seems like a really suitable backup there in San Francisco. Gets an opportunity in Minnesota, and then it was almost credit was mildly given to Kevin O'Connell. He's a quarterback whisperer. You know, he's in Minnesota succeeding because the coach just knows how to use them. Now he goes to the Seahawks, they're seven and two and he's killing it, Like, so, why are we forgetting that? Oh yeah, Sam Darnold was a again highly drafted quarterback and it just took a minute. It all goes back to the sentiment we've talked about all of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Patience, patience, you're a great whistler.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, so your feedback is appreciated. Coveno and Rich on social media, Coveno and Rich in real life.
Speaker 1: Now, before we get the DB's update.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to make this snappy, and let me preface a few things. As a parent, you want to do everything for your kids, everything and anything you can and make them happy, right of course. And part two, as a parent, you love to get away and just have a good time. That's what we're trying to do here in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and I just got the weakest news that sort of gets in a way of both of those things happening. So my daughter is sixteen and she's having her sweet sixteen party next weekend, and this weekend was a huge.
Speaker 1: Festival in Los Angeles, and.
Speaker 3: All the kids in her school and all her closest friends were going to this festival. It's called Camp Flognaw is Tyler the Creator's brand. And you know, every big name in hip hop and you know, I guess in the indie world of music are performing at this festival.
Speaker 1: Really big names artists that I don't know, I really.
Speaker 3: Care about, like I saw Childish Game beIN know I can tell you, but big big names is Tyler the creators festival. Kendrick Lamar performed, I think last year. It's a big deal. It's a huge deal at Dodger State. It's at Dodger Stadium. Tickets sell out instantly. It's a whole carnival theme, so it's ferris wheels and rides and carnival food. Fifty five seventy thousand people show up and they all watch these shows for two days.
Speaker 2: It's a two day huge event.
Speaker 3: And all the kids in LA and people from all where the country go and fly there to go to Camp flog Nah. So it's a big deal, not to me, but to them. Yes, All of a sudden, Los Angeles this weekend torrential downpour, rainstorms, rainstorm, and They're like, yeah, you know, we don't know what we're gonna do it camp flog Nah, maybe we might have to cancel camp flog.
Speaker 1: I meanwhile, my daughter has.
Speaker 2: So rainy, didn't I was in did you come to our today in a canoe?
Speaker 1: I did? Yeah, so fast?
Speaker 2: Yeah life preserver on?
Speaker 1: Like yeah that vest from Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so even mind, I went out of my way. I was using all of our Dodgers connects. Our buddy Dave Weiss, I had him on standby. Can you get me tickets for my daughter? It's such a big deal. So my daughter had tickets, all her friends tickets for the show this weekend. And it turns out rich They didn't cancel the concert. They postponed it. But get this, they postponed it for next weekend, which completely interferes with my daughter's sweet sixteen party. Not only does my daughter not to go, you know, not get to go to the concert, but all of her friends and all of her best friends are probably going to go to the concert now missing her party.
Speaker 2: Oh now, I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: How crushed I am. And I'm crushed for not only my daughter but for myself. We've put so much effort into this party, dude, especially my daughter. I'm crushed for her because again, it's like planning a wedding. It's like it's like a kineta. But you know, we waited a year. It's her sweet sixteen. We got it at a banquet hall. You have to book a photo booth, photographers, catering, you had to get the cake.
Speaker 2: We had a book here and makeup. It's a big deal. It's a big deal. We have hundreds of kids coming.
Speaker 3: But guess what half of those kids are going to be going to the concert because it was postponed to the same day as her party. So what does can we not do? There's nothing I can what could he do?
Speaker 2: You know what? Think about it? Dude? It's the weakest.
Speaker 5: Wait cove, are you one hundred stuck? Like you can't get deposits back or any of that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call during the break.
Speaker 4: Actually I said, well, we hit the when we hit commercial, call the venue, do you yeah?
Speaker 3: Call the How could you reschedule the party when you got the holidays coming up? You got venus and banquet halls already booked up. You don't schedule a whole party. Super weak and it's not even about like the concert of the part is I'm crushed for my kid, you know, And and it sucks because now all of her friends are going to be forced to make a choice.
Speaker 1: And they all spent money on these tickets, but they go.
Speaker 4: They are refundable, the tickets to the concert tickets are fundable. Now it's almost a decision of like how much of.
Speaker 2: The each of them. Each of them are going to be forced to make a decision. It's gonna come down to decision on each of these guests.
Speaker 3: But guess what, dude, these kids, I don't blame them for going through the concert. This is well a big deal to them. They spent money on it, but they could get their money back.
Speaker 2: Damn you Weather.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, we'll take your feedback and phone calls. That's life. I get it, that's what the people say. But when you see your kid crush that way, it only just crushes your soul. Not to mention rich how much money I'm spending on this party.
Speaker 4: Now her best friends might not trumped exactly. Oh boy, all right, let's go to Dan buy for an update. Dan to any updates besides the weather canceling a concert that can beat on.
Speaker 7: You guys got flognawed. I'll tell you that much. Ravens hope not to get flog nawed in Cleveland on Sunday when they face the browns. Lamar Jackson a full go. He's gonna start. Head coach John Harbaugh saying that, yeah, he sat out Wednesday with a sore nee, but a full go for Lamar coming up on Sunday. Bengals one of defensive ends Trey Hendrickson and Shamar Stewart for their game in Pittsburgh against the Steelers. Well, running back's missing in the Mile High City Chiefs without running back Isaia Pacheco Denver without JK. Dobbins, he still could be a candidate for ir because of a foot injury, Linsten and Samuel port Is out for their game against the Eagles, while Bill's tender and Dalton Kincaid's not going to play against Tampa because of his hamstring strain. Today's show sponsored by DraftKings Sportsbook at official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA. Right now, use the promo code CR show to claim your special offer at DraftKings. Again, that's Promo Code CR Show at DraftKings. The Crown is yours. New Orleans Saints owner Gail Benson told the New Orleans Times Picken that she supports GM Mickey Loomis and that he's done a good job, excuse me, a great job with the team. Benson was responding to fan criticism, saying the notion of letting go of Loomis was quote ridiculous end quote. Bear's got some good news opening up to twenty one day practice window for corner Jalen Johnson. He'd been out following core muscle surgery and Jetson coach Jarin Glenn asked today if they are going to make a change at quarterback. Glenn says that they are evaluating everything following that loss to the Patriots last evening. Guys, back to.
Speaker 3: You, Hey, thank you, d big Danbyer, Dan Byer with the update, Dan Byer, the Great dan Byer.
Speaker 2: All right, well, listen, coming up, we got a lot to get to.
Speaker 4: Thoughts about Cavino and what do you do as a parent in those scenarios. It could happen with your kids, sporting events, your kids party like, oh, how does want to handle this? Plus we got other crazy stuff to get to. I have a thought on Eminem eminem is going to be doing something really cool with the Detroit Lions. We're gonna get to that. Plus a little preview of this week's NFL. We got a game, We're gonna get away. Prizes all coming up right here CNR on FSR.
Speaker 3: Ooh Iowa Sam with the newly inducted Rock and Roll Hall of Famous Sound Garden. Yeah grats the Sound Guarden, Chris Cornell legend icon Black rain a'll uh damp flogna. Oh man, I feel bad fore you, bro. I feel bad for your camp floodnaw. I feel bad for me and for her because I'm trying to have a great time with my buddies in Arizona. We're live from Arizona right now. The rest of the crew live from Fox Sports Radios Studios in Los Angeles. But it's pouring in LA and they again postpone the concert for next weekend, which interferes with her sweet sixteen huge party that we've been planning for two months. But you know what, I'll pause on that because right now I want to get into our tire rack.
Speaker 1: Play of the Day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Tire, I played the day the Jets tried to stumble in the way, but the Patriots are on a roll.
Speaker 8: The Patriots are going to win over the Jets by the twenty seven or fourteen's final scoring Tonight, They're going to beat the Jets for the seventeenth time and the last nineteen.
Speaker 2: Encounters of these Division wibles.
Speaker 8: The Patriots are going to improve the three to zero in the AFC East.
Speaker 2: They've won their eighth straight game for the first time, an.
Speaker 8: Eight game winning straight for in New England since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady was the Patriots quarterback.
Speaker 3: Dan All goes back to TB twelve. The Patriots are nine to two now. Drake May had a game pass beat the Jets twenty seven fourteen as courtesy of ninety eight five the Sports Hub and the Patriots Radio Network.
Speaker 1: That's our Tire Act play of the day.
Speaker 4: For over forty years, Tyreck's been helping customers find the right tires for how, where and what they drive. Ship fast and free back by free road has protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire Act dot Com. The way tyre Bink should be Danny G what you got man?
Speaker 5: Okay, we can't just give all the credit to Drake May. Trayvon Henderson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, he's man.
Speaker 5: The first rookie in Patriots history with two rushing touchdowns and one receiving touchdown in a single game. That is such a weapon for Drake May. So we can't give enough praise to Henderson.
Speaker 2: Do you see people are saying they finally got his jersey?
Speaker 4: Right, they've been scored the Henderson letters really tight on the regular jersey and last night those sweet you know what they call him the nor Easter jerseys.
Speaker 2: I think they look good. Man.
Speaker 4: So Patriots nine and two, And if you want to take a look back, one last thought Caveno about Drake May and we'll move on. If you want to go back to that twenty twenty four draft and really sort of take a look two years later now a year and a half, two years later, all right, Number one, Kayleb Williams in Chicago, that started to seem like, okay, that makes sense. Number two Jane and Daniels in Washington last year. He saw that workout immediately, Drake May. Number three to New England. They had a plan and look what's happening now. Three right, Marvin Harrison Junior in Arizona. Number four, he's you know, they just need people around him. Joe alt To for the Chargers. Malik Neighbors was number six. So you're seeing that draft people were sort of on the money with their pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good.
Speaker 4: But until recently you're like, oh, Drake May, huh, yeah, Drake May. He's the man right now you're Vegas leading MVP candidate.
Speaker 1: Congrats to him, man, nice win.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on what you're gonna do at your daughter's party, you try to just.
Speaker 3: Gonna I mean, when you're planning at a big party like that, you're lucky just to get that date right. So I got the banquet booked, got I know, their teenage b makeup artist on stand by, a photographer.
Speaker 2: You got the catering, the other takes.
Speaker 4: But if a kid chose a concert over a big party like that, I'd be like, Wow, you really, my friend.
Speaker 2: Nah that that's a yeah.
Speaker 3: They get excited about stuff like that, but I like, it's a full on carnival fest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all gonna go. They've been waiting for this for a year.
Speaker 5: Hey, Covino, can you kick at old school and tell all the vendors that you and the family and your daughter all have COVID.
Speaker 3: I know, right, what are we doing twenty twenty? Sorry, I can't postpone the party. I don't think I could because then it's Thanksgiving and it's Christmas. Is when you have that party, people are traveling. Boy, it's just bad luck, man, that's life.
Speaker 2: Well, you know I feel for you.
Speaker 4: Well, coming up, we got some fun stuff, big tea, Game of the Week, giving away prizes all right here on FSR