Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Waken Jake. We're gonna post game Winter Meetings. See what we missed? I mean on Waken Jake, we haven't talked since Kyle Tucker is now a cub. I need to think about that a little more. Devin Williams is a New York Yankee. I've thought about that a lot. The other odds and ends that kind of didn't get closed at Winter Meetings, like Alex Bregman seemed like he was gonna sign Christian Walker. Those felt like they were in the Winter Meetings timeline, and now they're in the post Winter meetings Abyss. Are you trying to get a deal done before Christmas? Are thing's gonna start to leak? I mean the number Corbyn Burns has to want should be above Max Freed and who's gonna get there? So we'll talk about all of that, what remains, what's coming next. I just having a good Monday over here. When I say good Monday, I mean that in the bad way. We had tech Monster going on. Went out for lunch and it was like lightly raining, It's like I'll be fine, and then it really started raining and that wasn't as fine. Ordered my lunch from the wrong location. That was a tough break. Yeah. Yeah, so we're in it. But we're here watch a lot of football too, So we'll wrap up with that. But let's get into ball talk. We'll call it coming out of the Winter meetings. They I think it was a standard winter meetings, like the signings and trades began. We had some good movement.
Speaker 2: Felt a little extra juice because last year was famously a wow nothing happened Winter meetings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess I didn't appreciate that because I was I was down in Mexico and we got the won Soto news, so that's all I wanted, selfish And now he's dead to me. Okay, Kyle Tucker is the best Chicago Cubs since fill in the blank Hovey Bias had back to back six war seasons in eighteen nineteen, I believe. But otherwise you're looking at Brizzo in like their best season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess Bryant's MVP year.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna beat that one Kyle Tucker there, But yeah, Kyle Tucker comes in gives the Cubs a lot of outfield ian happ gold Glover friend texted him over the weekend because he played a golf course I want to play. He said it was hard. There was a lot of wind. Kind of the end of the convo, it was a choppy one. I was hoping it was going to be a little looser. We'll work on it. It's the off season, you know, holiday grind. Everyone's out of rhythm, right, Yeah, So maybe I'm going to follow back up on that today. Cody Bellinger, will he be there? Say this is zoop? He was rumored to be in trade talks. He survives. Our guy, Pete Crow Armstrong is still on that team. So the Cubs have a lot of outfield depth that we will see what their next move is. The rumor is they want to dump Belly somewhere. New York Yankees may be interested. We'll see who else would be interested. Right now, their lineup lists out as hap good, Kyle Tucker very good, Saya Suzuki sure his numbers ended up in a really good place last year for eighty two slug three, sixty two on base, twenty one homers, sixteen steals. Everyone does a little bit of something on these Cubbies. You slide Dansby down the lineup, Michael Bush coming off his twenty one homer campaign and then Nico Horner is still involved in the team and we'll see is he gonna survive this offseason. People thought Matt Shaw was going to take over his spot. Currently they have Matt Shaw listed as the cubs starting third basement. So the Cubs have outfield depth. They'll need to turn that into some some more infield their rotation. And they signed Carson Kelly, so okay, there's eighty one games showed him in Auga, Steele, James and Tyne, Matthew Boyd and Javier Assade, so they can have work to do on the pitching staff if they roll in with that pitching, it is what it is. They had to move one of their depth pieces to go get Kyle Tucker along with trading the other prospect, Camp Smith. Trev was in on Camp Smith kind of randomly. Sure played like very few minor league games, but why not Hayden Wesneski form Yankee farmhand. He was the depth I was talking about. He had good at ERA and limited action last year, and trading a picture to Houston still has a scary.
Speaker 2: On Houston's end. I think they're very excited to get Wesnavsky is essentially a throw in in the trade.
Speaker 1: I think that slider slides and then Estak pretis who they traded for from the the Rays. Esack broke out with them after kind of being a bust with the Tigers. Estock turns on the ball one of the funnier spray charts you'll look at if you go check out baseball. Savant should play well with the Crawford boxes and we'll see what they do. Uh. Could they keep him at third? Could they move him at first, bring back Bregman trade or add someone else. Houston's just joining the party. They currently have lost Kyle Tucker and Alex Bregman coming off an eighty eight win season like Houston's Houston, and they still won the West last year, and they deserve an extra level of respect. But Houston needs to go to work, and I do expect them to go to work because their outfield is empty right now. No offense to Chas McCormick, Jake Myers, and I think they were listing our guy, Taylor Tremmel.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, uh, seems like at least one infield or one outfielder coming in.
Speaker 1: Maurcio Mauricio Dubon still on the team and will play a lot and make great plays. But yeah, they're they're very interesting because they can go a lot of ways with this Still, I kind of like Santan Dare for Houston, kind of short down both lines. You can hide them in left field if you need to, like Bregman could come back the Astros. They have pitching right now, their rotations listed as Framber, Hunter Brown, Reno Blanco spend at the Luis Garcia and then, like I said, yeah, they got Weiznsky in the trade. At some point LANCEM Colors Junior expect him to be playing baseball again. I don't know when that is. And they still have hater A Brady Presley on the back end with Taylor Scott who broke out last year. Let's see, let's see because there was there was some Framber trade rumors. Does Houston operate differently, they don't give out long contracts. Let's see how the rest of their offseason goes. I would say, let's see where the rest of the pieces fall before we see what happens with them. But they have a lot of opportunity. They can go lefty or righty with it. They've got options. Whatever falls to them, they can go with the Cubbies. It's a little bit of the same, but the talent took a leap with Kyle Tucker. Like, it's kind of my theory with bullpens, when you add a good guy in the ninth or eighth inning, it takes a little bit of pressure off everyone, and your guy pitching in the eighth inning is pitching in the seventh and it just the ripple effect you can feel. And I think in this line up, Kyle Tuk will be expected to be the man. He had the second what would have been the second most homers on the Cubs last year, but he did that in three hundred and thirty nine plate appearances. Happer six fifty seven plate appearances for those twenty five home runs, that's nice. No qualms, Gold Glove check on it.
Speaker 2: That outfield defense is gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: I sent him, I don't know, it was clunky yesterday. Let's see, we'll text, all right, you know what, I'll reveal it. I'll reveal the people. I texted him Friday night, a little later than I should have, but I wanted to inquire about the golf. And it was like, honest, story, so I went for it. I started off the convo with Kyle Tucker. Period nice, he said, very good for the Cupies. I said, I want to know how the golf was. But I also didn't I said, I also realized it's getting late. The next morning he texted me, Dude, that place a special. I said, another course record for you. He said, I wish that wind is tough. So I didn't respond to that. So do I? I don't. Yeah, that's I don't know. I'm just gonna leave it interested to see what feels like a pivotal off season for the Cubbies. What more do they have in the tank? Can it all come via trade? Like if they do the Bellinger trade right, if they get Nico Horner involved in it, it feels like they can get to a strong place. I really would love if they got another starting pitcher you could look at and even of the native all deal who he signed back with the Texas Rangers twenty five MILLI year for three years. Keep twirling in Nate, but someone else you could look at him, be like, do I big game postseason start? Do I want that? Like? No shots fired at jameson tyone our friend and he's in the gaming world now. I think we had him streaming over the weekend. Look where Jamo's numbers landed last year. Three two seven.
Speaker 2: Okay about sixty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a ton of strikeouts, not a lot of punches, But I Jamo throw some funk up there. I really enjoyed him as a Yankee more than his stats would tell you. Uh. If they could bring in one more high leverage starter trading out of their their depth, I would really like that for the Cubbies. And I don't know. The NL Central continues to be an exercise because the Cardinals, we were told by Katie we were doing nothing. If maybe unloading pirates we're looking for hitting their rumor to be listening on Jared Jones, I don't. I don't know, pirates do something. The Brewers are just the class. Even while they're trading people away and they lose Williadomas and free agency, they train away Devin Williams, they continue to find a way to persevere that these these cubs, if they make the next trade properly, it should be go time for the Cubs. And I'll I'll believe it if I like the pieces back because Kyle Tucker. There's a lot of different ways you can chop up his stats, but I I think he's got the fifth most war of outfielders since he's gotten run and it's like Judge MOOKI I think Jordan counted. So Kyle Tucker is an absolute stud. If you're listening to this program, you already know that, and you just subscribe to the channel. Thank you that this was a big move for the Cubs. I've called them out about not putting the chips on the table. Kyle Tucker for one year. Let's see if the Cubs will run out the wallet after that. But Kyle Tucker for one year an impact piece in the NL Central.
Speaker 2: I mean we I think coming into this offseason for the Cubs would have said, like, hey, there's no specific spot that this has to come from, but they kind of need a new best player. And I don't think it's unfair. So Kyle Tucker is that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean defensively, offensively, and yeah, it gives them just a little bit more threat and identity that I think those Cubs were missing. So let's see the next move on both sides of those I think both those sides are going to get the hype train going the rest of this offseason. The other big one that happened while you were sleeping was Devin Williams to the Yankees. Sure, the Yankees get their closer and Devin Williams another one year deal. We did have to send out a couple of sweet princes. Nestor Cortes, who won over Yankee fans. Hearts in a unique way with his pitching style, his general look and demeanor kind of as fun as it gets on a baseball field, so that'll be missed. But he was kind of up and down this year the season stats landed in a very solid spot, and that's kind of what this trade turned into. The Milwaukee Brewers ran out of starting pitchers last year, they add Nestor, Devin Williams goes out. The money's similar. I think they even get some money in the deal. And the Brewers have a plan for one sixty two. It's we're gonna play a ton of defense and we're gonna pitch a lot, and our bullpen is going to be nasty with or without Devin Williams, and it will be because they've figured that part out and it's a huge advantage for them. So to be paying Devin Williams on the back end, knowing you're probably gonna lose him as a free agent. Devin Williams missed it uncle Las year. He only threw twenty one point two innings. That they have the other McGill brother over there save twenty one games for them, and they will fill out that bullpen like they do every year. Their rotation, I mean, you have to have a little bit of beer goggles on. It's like a it's a hot beer goggles rotation, like Freddy Peralta. You're like, oh, yeah, I like that. Brandon Woodruff. Bounce him back, Let's see what he looks like. But you know, Brandon Woodruff had his peak. He was he was killing it. Aaron Savale they traded for him at the deadline. He pitched really, really well for them. Tobias Myers was their breakout guy last year, twenty five starts a three flat era and Nesser Cortez one hundred and seventy four innings a three seven seven. So it's five guys who have all done it at a high level at different points in the major league season. I don't predict all five of them doing it, but you could say that three are and again that would be a big step up for Milwaukee where their rotation landed by the end of last season. And so not only that is Devin Williams for Nestor Cortes on paper warwise and how the innings were will sort out. It's a discussion. I mean, you'd want Devin Williams. He's has an argument to be one of the best closers in the game. For Nestor, who you're on his good season, he's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Three on a very competitive team.
Speaker 1: Yes, on a good team. Yeah, on a playoffs start on a good team. When he's at his best, Nestor's a dog, you know, and almost I don't want to say worst case, but as like a five starter even swing if you need to. And I think the other thing that's interesting for Nestor, he's going from one of the worst defensive teams in the league to one of the best defensive teams in the league. So uh, that should help out Nester. Don't be surprised if he becomes a fan favorite in Milwaukee. That yeah, the beer goggles on that rotation. Okay, Milwaukee, and then they get prospect Caleb Durban, who would become a fun joke and talking Yanks land listed five to six. But he's supposedly everything Brewers. He plays great defense at multiple positions. The rumor is he's gonna get a shot at third, the third base position, even though he plays pretty much every in field outfield like every Brewers player. He steals bases like every Brewers player, and he has great swing discipline like every Brewers player. So he's gonna fit in perfectly there. And Yankees fans, whether it's fair or not, a prospect like Caleb Durban, Yankee fans don't believe in them panning that guy out, and it's it's a pretty simple mix, like he's not gonna get the opportunity or the that probably a young player needs to be successful. Like Bryce Terrang with the Brewers is a fantastic example. Bryce Terrang's first season was atrocious and like, the Yankees, don't let that happen. Uh, let's get some of the numbers because the people like that. Bryce Terrang one hundred and thirty seven games his rookie year too eighteen batting average, a two to eighty five on base a three hundred slug five eighty five ops. This is over four hundred at bats like they let Bryce Terrang out there, and Bryce Terrang took his lumps the next year. It does suck for Bryce that the numbers came back down earth, but he had almost a five war season because his speed in defense is that valuable. Fifty stolen bases from Bryce Terrang in eighty five ops plus and he won the Gold Glove. So that's that's what the Brewers can do that the Yankees don't allow themselves to do. Whether that's good or bad, I don't know. Probably bad that Caleb Durbin has a much better chance of success with the Milwaukee Brewers than he did the New York Yankees. And again, maybe that's the Yankees' philosophical problem. Maybe that's one of the slight curses of the Yankees being able to sign whatever free agents they want and constantly putting a contender out there. But that's why it was a win for Milwaukee. They get their starting pitching innings next year, they don't have to pay nineteen mil for a guy in the free agent pool. They get a prospect that could play for them for the next half decade, and the Yankees. The Yankees get a closer Captain America, he was Team USA, is closer. He'll slot in assumed he'll slot in behind Luke Weaver because Luke Weaver was a great breakout player for the Yankees last year, but he can't pitch multiple innings. The Yankes have had that guy in their bullpen now the past couple of years between Jonathan Lewisega who just resigned with the Yankees, Chad Green, Michael King, who he now sees the number two for your San Diego padres that I think the Yankees value having that multi inning swing guy. So if the bullpen, if the rest of the guys in the bullpen are down, if you can get two out of that guy or two point one and reset the whole pen, that's huge. But man, if Luke Weaver looks like he did last year, which there were clear changes starter going to the bullpen, he changed his motion, it felt like he You haven't seen a lot of guys want the role more than Luke Weaver. Him and Devin Williams. Seven eight nine is as lockdown as the Yankees have had in a while, because even when it was Chapman with more of his powers and Zach Britton there was something Chapman was wild and Britain was contact that it was like it almost fell out of your out of your hands. Most of the time. This will work, this is this is gonna be good. These guys are like I wanna say, legendary Chapman. Is Britain has a season? Yeah, but it was like, okay, Zach Britain, there's gonna be two balls in play these first two hitters. If they get through, we're in trouble. If not, we're fine. And Chapman it was just when when are the strikes gonna come? Uh that Devin Williams and Luke Weaver should have the ability to shorten the games. The Yankees trade from their pitching depth with Nestor Uh to lock up and we'll see if they add anything in the bullpen. But the Yanks are gonna pitch Garrett Cole, Max Freed, Rodan, Luis Heel and then you still got a Stroman or Schmidt there. Man, if Jonathan Lewisaca can come back and look good, and I'm I'm nervous. I've been hurt by Johnny Laza one too many times. I had him and the Michael King. Wait, this guy throws three pitches. Let's let's bring him back to being a starter. But the injury history is just pretty intense at this point.
Speaker 2: Big injury history, but his nasties as good as anybody's, and I think there were teams interested in trying him out like that. I think a lot of them would have settled on the injuries, probably sticking the panel, but that doesn't stop some of these teams. So I don't know. I'm trying to figure out what makes a team like certain guys for move back to the rotation because like Clay doesn't fit that description, but the Mets are plenty to do that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Clay stuff is interesting and I don't I don't know how much we got of that on this program yet, but uh yeah, I mean it's tough because he has a go to pitch. He is a sinker that he throws fifty percent of the time. That's a pitch that gets put in play and pitch they can get a lot of outs. But Clay's secondary stuff always felt like just filler for the sinker. He threw a sweeper and a slider, so you know, there's some very pitch variety there, but nothing going away. From the left. He's outside of the sinker. So I'm super interested to see what the Mets do. And like you said, the contract at three for twenty eight, like, that's less than Jordan Hickscott. So if he just ends up being a reliever of the setup guy for Edwin Diaz, that's still an okay number. Like what's Tanner Scott about to get? And I can't I can't guarantee you Tanner Scott will be better than Clay. I know he's showing the strikeout stuff and he's left handed, but I mean, Clay's had a decent a good track record the past couple of years. And part of our biggest complain about Clay, besides them not taking him out of the closer spot, was that the defense the Yankees had didn't help Clay, and we saw that magnified on the biggest stage that all parties should have been slightly offended, and I think they now are. So those were the two biggies since we last spoke. Yankees still need a lot of work to do in the lineup, probably one free agent, one trade, maybe in one more other whether whatever that means to you or them. Who's on the other side of Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, it all screams Brewers move.
Speaker 1: They'll sign someone and we'll shrug. Or they'll they'll trade Reese Hoskins to Houston and then they'll sign Christian Walker and he'll be amazing. It's they get to do a line.
Speaker 2: Trust. Yeah, they mine trust.
Speaker 1: And they deserve it. Uh So for the rest of these upcoming moves outside out of winter meeting, I'm interested to see how they trickle in. We still have game changing free agents out there. Corn Burns the number one pitcher, believed number one pitcher on the market, whether it's Baltimore, whether it's the Mets trying to send a message, whether it's you know, I think the Texas Rangers had a crazy number out there for Max Freed. Washington Nationals looking to make their splash and get in the mix. We will see there will be a Corbyn Burns market. I don't see it getting into the ugly is free agent or is spring training sneaking up on us? I hope not for Corbin Burns because there's no need for that with his resume. I know there's some numbers about his strikeout rate has gone down, and a couple other numbers but a team's gonna go get him. Alex Pregman. Surprise, he's still a free agent. The Willia Damas numb seven. These are two guys that were supposed to have similar free agencies. Fangrafts projected him to get two million more per year. I was a little thrown off by that, just because I thought Willy Willy, being younger and the ability to play shortstop, I thought that was going to allow him to cash in a little more, and he did with the San Francisco Giants. I guess for Bregman, it seemed like there was a perfect storm. It seemed like we were about to get the tweet at winter meetings like Heymn Morosi, all these guys, the Yankees are interested, the Red Sox are interested. Houston had the offer out there like originally Bregman was supposed to be the Mets guy. Bregman was going to be like the part of the change in Queens. Bregman is still out there. Uh. And all those teams I mentioned are the teams you want interested in you. So let's see the next steps there. Pete Alonzo, same same but different. But we the rumors haven't gotten there yet. It seemed like there's three or four teams out there that have Pete Alonzo as their plan C and they haven't gotten there yet. Again Washington Nationals, who we don't know if they're going to get in the mix, but look at that lineup. They're missing a little bit of pop and their young guys are ready to go or do you like the Mets like, are we just overthinking it? And the Mets are like, hey, we got Soto, like bring back Pete and let's break.
Speaker 2: I was sort of surprised. I was, uh listening to John John Hayman and Joel Sherman, and they both agreed emphatically. They're like, well, signing Soda makes it much more likely they keep Pete. I was like, all right, I believe that I had been thinking is a situation of like you know, Yankee Houston. There's a few of those teams out there that are like, if his market comes down and he's ends up in a spot where he's taking like the belly structure of a deal, if he's willing to do that, Mets probably just give him that same deal and he would go back. Oh that's where I keep landing on it. But who knows how negotiations go and feelings happen and.
Speaker 1: All of that. Yeah, and I guess I'm not gonna bail from the peat boat yet. I think some team is gonna pay for those homers because every team wants to hit homers, and Pete hits homers. That's when he does. He'll give you those homes. He hits homers. Ta Oscar is still out there. I'm starting to in my head that felt like easy La wondering where his market is at. Because again, a couple of those teams that have keep coming up Houston Boston, especially with those short left fields like Taskar doesn't have the most range arms pretty good that those would be nice. Those are nice hitting environments for ta Oscar and limiting his defensive I want to say lie ability, but it's not a strength in Houston and Boston. Boston really needs a right handed hitter, and that's what this guy does. Houston has a couple of ways they can go in the outfield that he is going to have a big market. I believe Santander is too. I think the switch hitting is so underrated. He hit so many home runs last year and I don't think I think people are scared of the on base percentage that it's probably not going to be a longer contract that why wouldn't you, you know, if he's going to land at those if it's four years, he's probably not getting one hundred million. Juan Soto got eight hundred. Obviously, different players, whole different story, but Santander can still change a lineup back into the pitching Manaia Flaherty both have a lot of upside. Manyah breaking out in his age thirty two seeds and Jack Flaherty bouncing back his age twenty eight season. Expect both of those guys. I think the Mania market is hot. I want to be surprised if he's one of the next free agents to go down. Seems like every team has a spot for Sean Andya. And then the other one that I can't believe hasn't happened yet is Christian Walker. That was another one the winter meeting smoked seemed very clearly there.
Speaker 2: It got very hot in the streets for that one night.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know if that's rumor mill I wonder if are teams starting to get cold feet about the age, because I've been having cold feet about the age, like does Alonso have to happen first? Like it was kind of a great debate, Like Christian Walker, everyone was kind of conceding he was the plan a at first base, which offensively and defensively for one year. I think people agree, But like I, I wonder didn't these contracts skew his market? Is he looking for a fourth year because I'm I'm scared to give the guy three And I know that's rude, but it's just being honest. I've seen too many guys fall off.
Speaker 2: And like seeing you know, everywhere you look that does any sort of contract projection, every single one of them has three in the sixty to sixty six ish range. And usually when everywhere agrees that it's three, whichever team gets goes to fourst who gets them? So I have no idea where that's going to land. I'm guessing when the market got hot on him for a night, I think other teams are like, oh, you're ready to negotiate, and hop back in the mix. And then they created a little bitting more and some more teams dropped and some jump back in excited to hear whenever it does happen for him.
Speaker 1: But Paul Goldschmidt an emergency option. Forever loses out on Walker and Pete. I got Glavers out there. There's then the depth pitching of these guys are all gonna get paid paid Paveta, Walker, Buehler. I think the market is out there. We'll see if Charlie Morton does whatever he wants to do. Has On Kim. I can't tell if a smart team or a dumb team is gonna sign Jerkson profar. I have no clue. You could talk yourself into both sides, like did a breakout happen at age thirty? Because across the board, his numbers look good, his savant looks good. The defense leaves you lacking a little bit. Again, a lot of the same teams I've been matching, Boston and Houston. I think those are two teams to keep an eye on the rest of the way. One of the Braves, they signed Brian de la Cruz. We don't know the number on it yet. He currently slots in to be there right fielder, which I don't know. I don't know what that does for the Braves. Maybe they've got something to tap into, but I want to I mean, they just lost Max Fred like the Braves are going to be back next year. Ronald Lacuna Strider maybe later in the year, like the the Braves can't be done.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Philly's been awfully quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been very little there.
Speaker 1: They signed Jordan Romano, who you know, we've seen him be an impact reliever. I think between him, Strom, Kirker and Alvarado, that would be your If he's healthy and looks like himself, that would be their closer. So that could be significant. But again, this was supposed to be a potential Outbaum Tray. This is potential Alec Bregman signing spot. Luis Robert has been rumored there for two years now. That are the fighting Phil's need to get in the mix of all this. Nobody knows what the Padre is doing. Supposedly Dylan Cease would be available. I guess that's what I'm interested to find out. We talked ourselves into an exciting trade market Tampa, Yandi and Lowe. Will Toronto move someone like Bobaschett. Texas is up to something. They added Jake Berger for Schlitz and Giggles.
Speaker 2: Seems like they want at least one more bat In and which they could use a going out to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look at their lineup and they can be. They're more than comfy. Their bench right now is Zeke Duran, Josh Smith and Leoti Tavares, which that's like a dream bench.
Speaker 2: The the one I heard for them is that there they'd be a good.
Speaker 1: Jock team Jacques dh and then I get.
Speaker 2: It'd be it'd be figuring out what the Nate Low trade is, Baseman, Is there a piece that's easiest to trade that you could like get the most from two years left?
Speaker 1: If the Yankees could do that one, I'd like it that. Yeah, Texas is up to something. They were supposedly in on Max freed to the end. Uh so were the Red Sox before they got Crochet the last time we spoke with you, Yeah, I don't know what they've got. And then we'll Seattle actually trade one of the pictures. Well, how desperate is Minnesota to dump money? Does Kansas City have a deeper pocket than we like to think? And they can add a like Pete or Santander or someone that was that was someone their rumored to but doesn't like fit their organization. The sleeping Detroit Tigers, I think they can sleep, Alex Cobb, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the team everyone's talking about the athletics, Seve and Jeffrey Springs.
Speaker 2: They're at least adding some amount more money.
Speaker 1: Jolly likes them. It's a young prospect team. It's a video game team. If you like prospects, if you don't, they're.
Speaker 2: Nice like blank Canvas team.
Speaker 1: My snakes have been awfully quiet, e Rod Monty. Can they move off one of those? They need to replace Jack Peterson and Christian Walker. And Christian Walker.
Speaker 2: They get back in the mix for either of them.
Speaker 1: You're removed from the World Series. So interested to see the next step. I don't know if the trade market is going to continue to pick up steam like we've seen. Is it just going to be a trickle the rest of the way. We will find out together and if there's a big one to break, with you eyes, let's all do it together. Let's suck a little foosball because I watched like whole day Soup to nuts forwards and backwards, because why not. I also have an announcement to make. Went to the Yukon game Saturday night, Yukon and Zag at the Garden that place with Yukon was worth ten to fifteen points. That place was going nuts. I was making some jokes that were getting my buddies just because they I walked up to the game, or I got off the train, and this is five thirty. This is an eight pm game. You know, the fellas we're gonna have We're gonna grab one drink and then we're gonna get head in because our tickets supposedly had food, so okay, might as well do that. And we're getting old, so you get one, you get away from the crowd. I got my buddies, I said, I knew Yukon won. I got off the train. There was some dads we all have the dad image in our head, wearing those you know, those fake Nike Dad shoes and all that. They all had on their old Connecticut gear, you know, like sick swaggy jackets if you're in college that dads were wearing. And then one dad was wearing like full under armor like neck and they were just looking at buildings, like not specific New York City buildings, but just any building that was a building. And that's a sign that the good people of the state of Connecticut were out in the City and they were ready to take this game, and they did. The crowd was nuts. When anyone ever asked my favorite sporting event to go to, well, I say the HOMERWN Derby's fun, but my favorite one. I've been to Yukon, Michigan State, Madison Square Garden Elite eight game Draymon On Michigan State a Yukon wins, but I was like, it's the perfect balance. It was like it was like seventy thirty Yukon to Michigan State. So when Michigan State would go in a rally like the crowd would still pop. It was probably eighty twenty. But Gonzaga they still had enough pop to him. But they were just in the wrong place at the wrong night. I'd highly recommend even if you're not a Yukon fan, that fan base really brings it. I'm not saying I said things to Gonzaga fans. I regret. I did ask a few of them why you even bothered to come? Knew what was gonna happen here today? You know, thought about throwing out you guys are a Timu Yukon, but I just don't need that in the stands. So that was Saturday night. That was a blast. Go Huskies, they are back. You could sprinkle a little on them for the title. I haven't yet. I need to see a little more, completely different team. And they had the two best players in college basketball last year. The football weekend the Niffle if you will start off Thursday, barn Burner twelve to six. We got duped before the game. The reports were sixty chance of rain. The first half was a monsoon. Nobody could move the ball. It was a disaster. So they go in at halftime. Things clear up, but it was still a slog type of game. Twelve to six. The Rams beat the forty nine Ers. As the forty nine ers sadness continues. The Rams eight and six tied atop the division with Seattle, who lost last night. God, that's an ugly box score looking back at it. Niners man, my guy Debo, you know for the long time, and jakers A. I always thank you. But you guys know I rave about Deebo, the way he run, his style of play. He became my favorite player to watch in the NFL. There's a reason why those guys become your favorites, because not a lot of guys can do that and it's not sustainable, Deebo. Maybe he's hurt and I'd love to be wrong next year, but man, it has been a fall from grace of sorts from my guy, Deebo. I do hope he bounces back, but it's not looking good. That leads us to Sunday. Chiefs. Browns are the Chiefs gonna slip up? Or is Jamis this Jamis Judy connection? Is it real? I wasn't the Browns trump Ford try to carry them late after Chubb gets hurt again on Judy and Jamis hooked up a lot. Eleven catches one away, but Chiefs pulled ahead in this one twenty one. The seven is your final. Mahomes gets banged up late. Let's see what it is. They're saying he could miss a week. He could not. People were laughing. This is the Chiefs first non one score win. It's against Cleveland, it's in Cleveland. They still look okay, just not really losing. They'll be there come the end. Bengals Titans not really ugly one early one of my buddies in fantasy was getting ripped for starting the Bengals defense because they were getting lit up by Tennessee early and then they should have had two scores. They had one of the first dropped balls while about to score a touchdown of the day through the end zone, so instead of six, you give the ball back and Jonathan Taylor Broncos No, I mean Bengals put up a ton of points. Their defense is suss. Giving up twenty seven to Tennessee is still very bad. Chase Brown looks good, his stock going up for next year. Commanders almost blow it to the Saints. They go up seventeen to nothing in New Orleans. The Saints had sexy Jake Hayner running the show. His pictures were making the rounds on the internet. Those were tough. I think he openly admitted those are tough and he regrets them, so like good for him. But Spencer Rattler comes in and the Saints get a little bit of juice, including a free play at the end that brings them down one point. They go for two because their season doesn't matter and they they don't get it, so Washington walks away with a win. Yeah, sexy Jake Hayner, I don't know, I don't know. That's two sexy. That one is criminal. He can't have it for the YouTube go. Lee Kamara made six sick catch in this game. Washington could have run the ball. Washington just got Latimore back from the Saints, and he's supposed to kind of change their pass defense. I don't know. I'm I don't want to say everyone football loves fraud watch. I don't think the Commanders are fraud I just think they're a little above average and they've won a couple of close ones that have them at nine and five. But you know, they came close to losing this one. They should have lost to the Giants. Like it's it's not pretty. Jaden bounced back and looked pretty good. They'll take a win on the road in the NFL. Ravens blow out the Giants. Just no Lamar for five touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Giants fan wanting to tank spent too much of my week being nervous that they would just somehow win that game. And yeah, thank you to the Ravens for quelling that quick. Yeah the veto leaves it's have they fumbled the third play of the game. Yeah, then it was fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cowboys Panthers. This was a fun one for sports gamblers. The Panthers favored the first time in thirty four games. Cowboys came in and they were the better team. They win thirty to fourteen. Bryce Young with a step back game after he'd been chipping away and climbing the ladder up. Cowboys six and eight. Technically not eliminated, but they are. Jets beat the Jaguars. No, it was ugly early on and I kind of told you guys this. I was like, if you need to miss the one o'clock because I mean we had Mac Jones out there slinging it everyone for the Saints, the Giants, the Titans, the Browns. Yeah, it wasn't a murderer's row for a while. The kind of fun one Texans Dolphins. Texans end up winning twenty to twelve. They improved to nine and five Miami. They just the over five hundred team, under five hundred team for them is insane and it just continues to go on and to us, sometimes he looks absolutely brilliant and other times it's shockingly bad that they are. That franchise in general is just in a weird spot of what are they gonna do? So the one PM Slate ay for being honest. Four PM A couple big ones. One that wasn't the big one Broncos Colts Battle of the Horses. The Colts are dominating, They're about to go up twenty to seven, with the Broncos offense looking ugly, and Jonathan Taylor the second one of the day scored, which should have been a touchdown, almost sealing the game. I mean not really, but close to the way the Broncos looked. Instead, the Ponies get the ball back and they just ran away with it thirty one to thirteen. Colts run a trick play pass back to Richardson that just gets inter that if you're playing backyard football, everyone would be really sad about this was in the pros. Uh. The fact that Colts lost this game thirteen to thirty one is disgusting all around. Hey, Broncos, it's the NFL. You're gonna have ugly halfs, you're gonna have ugly quarters. It was an ugly first half for them. They bounced back and they had a strong second half and they're looking like a lock for the playoffs. So Bo wasn't pretty, but they found a connection late with him and something I'm watching. I'm watching Broncos. Let's persevere the games that everyone wanted to watch. Eagles Stillers the Battle of Pennsylvania. Uh in this one, you know, people were starting to get the hey, you know, Sirianni and these Eagles are starting drama. It's kind of the opposite of the Steelers, right, like Tomlin's the man he controls everything. These are two different I mean, the Steelers are an average team with a good coach. The Eagles are like a great team with maybe a good coach. And the thing I used to yell about the Eagles was get back to rushing the ball. I think they showed in their last thirteen games they've rushed the ball more than they've passed it leading up till yesterday. There they did technically call more pass plays, but they win twenty seven to thirteen. AJ Brown and Avante Smith both with big games through the air. Jalen Hurts come to the mic. Is that what you wanted to see? The Eagles have their swag and I really don't know how you stop it because when they need a fourth down conversion, it's instant. When they need a third down conversion, it's instant. No team is built to stop them. Everyone's built to stop the pass. That Nothing's talked to me off of the Eagles, just yet the other one, Bill's Lions, highly touted Let's go golf God in the guys, Josh Allen, Bills jump out to a fourteen to nothing start and that changes the game. Like the Lions fought back late and made it kind of close for a fun Jake Bates on sidekick. But the Bills win forty eight to forty two back to back weeks with forty points for the Bills. Golf throws for four ninety four, five touchdown, zero interceptions, first quarterback with that stat line to lose a little sign of today's NFL. Amen Ra is a beast and can't be stopped. I love him. He's so fun. In the Bills. They just got this weird thing, man, where everyone's a weapon, but nobody's the weapon. Ty Johnson had five catches for one fourteen out of the backfield. Kean Coleman won catch sixty four yards. Don Kinkaid four for fifty three on his first one back. Shakir is a problem only six for thirty nine, but that guy has some shifty speed to him that I really like. James Cook, Dawson, Knox, Ray Davis that Josh Allen can just put it where he wants that. He threw for three sixty two two touchdowns. He also ran for sixty eight and two on the ground, James Cook getting seven and a half yards per rush, one hundred yards on the ground. The Bills are nicy, John Gruden, those videos, What the hell man? I get a doolo wup man? Patriots Cardinals not really Cardinals. They beat the now three and eleven Patriots. Kyler got banged up, but James Connor running the ball well and Trey McBride's good. That's that's the update there. Bucks a little bit of the yell ol same Bucky Irving one hundred and seventeen on the ground, Mike Evans one nine two touchdowns. It's unreal what he does regularly. They shut out the Chargers in the second half. The Bucks are gonna The Bucks could upset on that first playoff weekend. They are one of the more fun teams in football to watch. And speaking of if you're looking for a Super Bowl hype team to sneak in, and I mean this isn't something that's gonna surprise you, but what the Packers did last night, talk about just a bunch of options that feel the same. We're gonna punish with you. With Josh Jacobs on the ground, sure, Christian Watson and Romeo Dobbs, Okay, whichever one's open, give them a chance and they there's a good chance they'll make the play. Dobbs has two scores in this game, one insane catch, Watson had a crazy sideline kid and then Jaden revees kind of the let's do everything. You might get a screen, you might get a handoff on Tavian Wicks. I feel like you could put him in a similar boat that they are. They love their targets. Tucker Kraft has earned some fantasy love this season that the Packers are going. All their losses are to really good teams Eagles, Vikings, Lions. I could put that in a good boat, in a bad boat if I needed to. But they are good. They play a fun brand of football. Jordan Love, it's really good. It's crazy that the Packers get quarterbacks Bears. Sorry about you, but they played tonight against some Minnesota Vikings. That's at eight pm and then Falcons Raiders at eight point thirty done getting hurt by the Falcons. And I don't know if the Vikings can do anything that will make me actually believe in them. But they're another team that whole division Man Lions, Vikings, Packers, and Bears. Oh my, So let's tune in tonight. Let's see if we get any breaking baseball news. Until then, we thank you, make sure you're subscribed, and we'll definitely hear from us Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Uncle Dan, Wake and Jakes's production of dam Patrick Productions, John Boy Media, and Workhouse Media