Speaker 1: This is the Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, welcome back to almost Famous the Ogs. We are doing what I was hoping we would get to do a Bachelor in Paradise recap for episode two, or as we say in Costa Rica dose, that's.
Speaker 3: All I got, no pantaloni. We are.
Speaker 4: We are jumping in for Ben and Ashley because you know they've got their hands full with little ones.
Speaker 3: You sure do.
Speaker 4: Littler than ours. So yes, so we watched the episode and are really excited to chat about it. What were your overall thoughts?
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta say so, I was excited because I really got to kind of spend some time with this episode and watch the whole thing. Whereas when we were talking about it last time, I had to kind of rush through it. I wasn't really able to see the whole thing, And so this was exciting for me because, you know, I got to see sort of what I was thinking was happening in the last episode and whether or not it actually came to to fruition in this one, which it did in a couple of circumstances.
Speaker 3: Pus, there will be spoiler spoiler alert.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be some stuff talked about here, So if you haven't watched that, we'll be pissed off at us.
Speaker 3: We're talking about it. We're digging in.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, I actually I really liked that. You know, it's kind of interesting to see if I was as as opposed to the changes as I felt after the first episode. And I got to be honest, I am very fickle because all of a sudden, I was like, oh, yeah, I guess this isn't so bad. You know, I was rolling with it this time. All my uh my purest mentality went right out the window. I'm like, I don't even know what I was talking about last time. This isn't something so so yeah, So there was that as well. Interesting to see some of the relationships kind of unfold day two because we opened with breakfast, right, so that was kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: How about you? What were your thoughts?
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny that you talk about the purest thing, and I know we mentioned that on the last podcast when we were talking about it. I so let me just say this. I don't watch Love Island, and I know that it just ended. Everyone is like all about this show right now, at least my daughter and all of her friends are and everyone on Instagram. Everyone is about it, and that's great. Like, I just I don't have I don't have the time because hello, it airs like every night or something, five nights a week. It's just a lot. It's just a lot. So I don't watch that. And I know that. Ben and Ashley talked a little bit on one of the last podcasts about, you know, the comparisons to Love Island, the like dream scenes where they're like, you know whatever, they're kind of acting, and I think that's kind of part of Love Island from what I understand, and they didn't have any in this episode, which I thought was interesting. But you know, just saying that I I don't watch Love Island, I actually have thought taking the Love Island aspect out of it, or any other reality shows for that matter, comparing it to what it's been in the past, just to itself, right, Yeah, yeah, I like.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 4: I think it's an upgrade. I think that it's like high definition, it's beautiful videography. I think it's like a beautiful setting. There's no other Like we talked about the potential of having other hotel guests like be in the scene, you know, with them. There's nobody else there, you know, they have taken over this resort or hotel or whatever, and I think it's beautiful, like like visually, I think that it's they are doing a beautiful job of the videography, cinematography, whatever you call it. And you know, it's not as cheesy, which was kind of fun for Bachelor in Paradise, it was like cheesy and fun and like the almost the intros for We're kind of like Three's Company esque, you know, that was always fun. But I really just feel like it's just kind of elevated in my mind because I'm not comparing it to any other show. I'm just comparing it to like what it used to be. They did have that little sequence in the very beginning. It was kind of the intro when they you know, start I think it was Alex and Bailey or something. We're like hugging and like saying hi to the camera, and then everyone would walk up to the beach and like you know, flax or whatever, which I thought that was really cute. So I'm liking I like the vibe of it, I like the feel of it, and and you know me, I'm a purist, so yeah, I actually like it. I think it's I think it's really all about the people for me and the relationships and the connections and you know, whatever drama happens and you know that kind of stuff. But as far as like the vibe of the show and you know, the general vibe of it, I really like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I actually, uh, I was almost I was almost disappointed in myself how quickly my opinion changed.
Speaker 3: But I got over it. I got over that real fast too. You know.
Speaker 2: It's like I said, I'm pretty pickle right now. But yeah, I thought it was really great, you know, it was. It was kind of interesting to pick up to pick up. You know, it's day four essentially in Paradise, right. Zoe would kick it off right overly with Zoe talking about how Brian has given her the cold shoulder since she gave him a rose. Now we both know the power of editing, right, But it is pretty interesting to watch how it was almost like he got his rose and he was like, Hey, what's up. Yeah, I'm gonna have my my My Moon's over my hammy over here, you know, she's just right.
Speaker 3: Across the bar.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was pretty I mean, was he just doing that to get the rose? Was he just like, you know, who knows?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like I know, I know us you know. Oh god, I can't even talk about it yet, but well I will, I will. I'll give away something at the end. One of the things I thought that was interesting with Spencer was like, you know, this is ridiculou what does this do here for? So I found that to be pretty interesting. But what did you think? I mean, did you think it was much ado about nothing that she was so pissed right out of the gates, or do you think it made sense?
Speaker 4: Totally made sense? Are you kidding me? Like he was? He was acting like they were a think like are you good? Are you good? You know, like and they had a thing there wasn't There wasn't not a thing. There was a thing. I don't know how much of a thing it was, but there was a thing and there was a connection there they you know, I loved I loved this. She was calling him out, but the producers were also calling him out when basically he's saying like, you know something to the effect of, oh well, I didn't have any one on one time with Parisa and we'll get into that obviously. Yeah, but they were totally calling him out, like he would be like, oh, I didn't have any private time, and then the whole show private time.
Speaker 3: I was a private time. Yeah. I actually thought that was really great, you know, it was. It was really cool.
Speaker 4: So I feel like, you know, Zoe is definitely a little more like blunt, and you know, she can be come across as like brash and like harsh at times. I feel like, but I think that she had every right to be like, dude, why didn't you even say hello to me? Like, even if it was another girl and he had no connection with them, like come in in the morning and at least sit down and say hello. And then his excuse was his excuse was, well, it takes me a little time or whatever.
Speaker 3: Morning coffee. Are you dingy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I felt like even though he was like, well, Zoe's being really clingy, I'm like, well, you kind of led her on to believe that you guys were going to wake up in the morning and you would say good morning, thank you for the rose last.
Speaker 3: Night last night or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, we don't even know, we don't even want you know, who knows maybe there maybe there was something that went on after the rose ceremony to kind of indicate because in all honesty, I mean, I don't think Zoe comes off as as let me say this in a delicate way, but I.
Speaker 3: Feel like she might be a little.
Speaker 2: She might have come off as a little bit needy, I suppose if you're thinking about it from the grand scheme of things of hey, this is Bachelor in Paradise. Everyone's here to you know, connect as many people as possible whatever. So she clearly was getting the indication from him somehow, someway that there was more to it, right, And so her reaction wasn't out of left field because no one else was acting like she was coming out of left field. The only only one was trying to sell us on that was was that dude Bryan.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: That was pretty interesting too, kind of a weird, you know, weird feel for sure, And she was definitely.
Speaker 3: Getting some signals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And let we need to note that the flipped the switch was flipped because or the script was flipped because the guys have the roses now. And so I wonder if he just wasn't like, oh, I need to kiss her ass, so I'll get a rose and I don't need to anymore, like when you woke up in the morning. He's like, yeah, I don't need to kiss anybody's ass anymore to get a rose. I'm the one with the rose.
Speaker 3: I know, no, in all honesty.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you remember you and I've had this conversation before, but many many years ago when they had Jake Pavelka on the first Bachelor Pad and he was like the first lead into the mix, right, And I think I told you they had called me because I was splitting up with my axe at the time, and They're like, would you come on this show? And I'm like, I thought they met the host and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And my whole intention of being like there's absolutely no way I would go on the show was the gamesmanship that goes into something like this, right, And so I knew I couldn't do it. I knew I would feel horrible about myself. And then I also knew when I had to come home and watch myself, if I did those things things that survive, I would hate myself for it, you know. And so I was just like, I'm not even putting myself in that situation. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I won't do it. And this is exactly it.
Speaker 2: Right, what Brian, at least what we feel we've seen so far, is what Brian is showing is exactly that gamesmanship. It's like, you know, like on Survivor when they form an alliance and then the next day they decide, you know, Billy's out right, It's almost like they just forget believe and exists. They treat them like he doesn't even exist. It's like just unbelievable. How the flip can the switch can flip?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And it was almost like as if almost as if on demand.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, here rolls in two new hotties on jet skis, and you know, Brian's head explodes. Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I will say, like, okay, so this show is a little different than Baptis Bachelorette in that there's there's really in my mind, they are all single, right, and they are ready to mingle, and so there's a lot of options for both, you know, both sides, and so I don't fault them. I don't fault anyone for coming in and saying I don't want to right out the gate like put all my eggs in one basket, Like I don't think I really truly don't think there's anything wrong with that. Like, hey, if you just want to play the field, then then that's fine. But say so, like in the beginning, tell Zoey like, hey, listen, I know we're really having a good time together and I'm really enjoying that time. But I just want to let you know that, you know, I am trying to keep the door open to other people just to get the most out of this experience. Like there's nothing wrong with that, but just freaking say it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't don't. You don't through everything you can to get a flower and then you know, kick her to the gard. Agreed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it was so much going on in this one. I'm gonna kind of touch on some notes here, you know, one of the things, and I think that this relationship actually could be one of those relationships that we've seen come through this show. Right out of the gate, Spencer, you know, is saying, you know, hey, I'm definitely open to have a conversation, but I'm really happy where Jess and I are at. You know, I thought that was a nice one. Jonathan wants to stay open to everything that's going on. And I've actually met Jonathan before. Super nice guy, you know, really really think he's a very nice guy.
Speaker 4: And let me say, can I stop you right there really quick, Jonathan. I feel like when we're comparing Brian to Jonathan, Jonathan is saying he's open to these relationships and he's talking to people about that. Like later on in the episode, he goes on the date with Jill, He's having this you know, relationship with Alex. He goes in the kissing booth and he kisses the multi people. So I feel like there's a way to go about it, to communicate so that you are not coming off as disrespectful or or making someone feel like they've been disrespected.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: No, And one of the cool things I thought about what Jonathan did, and again I think, because I know him, I was hoping he would act this way which he did, was you know, he goes over to Alex and says, hey, you know, Joel's asked me on this date, and Alex's like, yeah, you can go.
Speaker 3: You know. And I mean it wasn't like she was giving him.
Speaker 2: He wasn't looking for permission, right, But I think him him being respectful of the fact that they had something going, and you know, he wanted her to know that he was going to do this, and she was cool with it. Kind of says a lot about him and her really, you know, I thought that was pretty cool too. You know, Jeremy said, Bailey's looking for reassurance, but he didn't want to promise anything.
Speaker 3: He wants to stay open.
Speaker 2: Justin saying he plans to continue to explore things with LEXI did not feel the need to look much further right now. Justin says, but you never know what's gonna happen in Paradise.
Speaker 4: You just never know, right well, because other people come in.
Speaker 3: Other people come in.
Speaker 2: And part of the thing, too, I feel is that having this season, you know, it's definitely a new season, but having the show been on the air for so long, it's kind of like when you and I did The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, we didn't know what the hell we were doing, and no one knew because it really hadn't been done before and.
Speaker 3: Hadn't been seen a million seasons in a row.
Speaker 2: This one, everyone knows there's some wild cards coming, right, and so yeah, I'm gonna keep my connections open. And it doesn't mean they're keeping it open to just who's there on that given day because they know tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Is a whole new you know, whole new thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and so so to that end, Parisa and Ali Joe roll in on jet skis right, like like coming in like bats out of hell, and they look amazing and they amazing.
Speaker 4: They're both beautiful girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is there any any indication?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's almost like you're watching Baywatch right he has me Bleef jumping off of the jet ski.
Speaker 3: I mean, Ali looks.
Speaker 4: Just like Wins. They are totally twins. So we were talking about this before we started the podcast. I looked her up, Yasmine Bleeth. They are so twins. Is such a good call.
Speaker 2: Yes, And by the way, yas me Bleef was truly one of my favorites on bay Watch, just as I.
Speaker 4: Mean, she was a fan favorite, like you a fan favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So they come in and who are they met with? Spencer, Jonathan and our boy Brian right there on the beach. Brian just sees him coming. I think he's the one.
Speaker 3: He's like, you know, coming, But I don't think the jet ski rolls in.
Speaker 2: She's like totally looking for love and critters, which I don't know PRIs Grant season very well.
Speaker 3: But was she talking about critters then? Like, why is this critters something? She?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: I missed that.
Speaker 4: It's kind of her her thing. She's like Ryan. So if there's a spider in our house, Ryan picks it up and takes it outside.
Speaker 3: I think that's even if it's a brown recluse, if it's like one of them kind of bite because I got bit on the got bid on the weekend. So they just pulled up on.
Speaker 2: The jet skis and they ditch the jet skis. It's like a great episode of of uh, you know, Baywatch. Yeah, I mean they both they both look pretty incredible, honestly, God getting off that jet ski so you're like, oh my god. And you know, some of the girls reacted well to them arriving, Zoe not so much. Zoe didn't even want to greet him. Zoe didn't even leave her chair. I don't think she looked in their direction. And Zoe and Ali Joe have a history, yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, And what I thought was really interesting and this is flashbwarding a little bit, But.
Speaker 1: Zoe was on. So Ali, Joe and.
Speaker 4: Parse come in and they both get date cards, which is what happens with everybody, and Parisa and Brian had had a chat and then uh, Brian was on you know one of those like outdoor beds or whatever with Zoe. Brian is with Zoe and they're chatting and Parisa comes over and interrupts them. And this was a big thing on Grant Season. It caused a lot of drama. Zoe interrupted multiple times. She was the interrupter of Grant Season. And I know that Parisa I, or at least I remember that Parisa was one of the ones voicing how she had a problem and correct me if I'm wrong, even even you guys Heather and Abray and if I feel like Parisa was one of the ones, yeah, it was Parisa and Ali Joe that that had an issue with her interrupting people. And so I was like, really, you come on Bachelor in Paradise, And I don't know if the producers put her up to this. They very well could have, and they could have said, you know, you should go interrupt Zoe.
Speaker 1: Just like she did on you know, Grant Season or whatever. But I was like I don't know. I don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: It's like you were calling someone out on the Bachelor and now you're going to go do it to her like that just seems a little hypocritical to see.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it was the other way around.
Speaker 2: I thought Zoe got mad at Ali Joe for interrupting Zoe and Grant.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. That's what I thought it was. But you're probably you.
Speaker 1: Thought Zoe you got mad at Ali Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought Ali Joe interrupted Zoe and Grant in that pissed off Zoe.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure Zoe was the one who did the interrupting on Grant season, okay, And and the girls had a problem with it, and they voiced that problem. Yeah, you know, there was there was more going on, like during the basketball date, she pulled him away and she had like a one on one essentially with him during the basketball date, and so it took time away from everybody. So they had a bigger problem with that. But she was interrupting people, and so I don't know, I just that.
Speaker 1: Didn't rub me the right way. But whatever, I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I think it's interesting, right, because it's it's like they have to use the date card that day, so they got to meet everybody as quickly as they can, right.
Speaker 3: Or they lose it.
Speaker 2: And then that that very next day is an elimination, right, and and so it's like, I mean, I guess in those regards, you got to you gotta think about it. It is more of a competitive environment here, you know. But this whole episode really was kind of about about Zoe, Parisa and Ali Joe, right. I mean it was almost like Grant Season part du literally on display. And one of the things I thought was interesting was Zoe sort of you know, sits them down. I mean they she didn't sit down. They're all in the same area. But Zoe basically said, this is this is my territory. Anybody but Brian, right, don't mess with my man.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: First of all, don't mess with my man. Incredibly long awkward pause.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. Or maybe I'm not, she.
Speaker 4: Said, and then she said, yeah, I don't, Yeah, maybe I'm not. No, she wasn't kidding. No, she was not kidding.
Speaker 3: But talk about putting the target on yourself.
Speaker 2: It's almost like you know, because I feel like in its moments like this, and I mean I've often said this about the whole Bachelor franchise, by the way, so please no one take any disrespect from this. But when I was a Bachelor, I remember everyone going, what's it like to have everyone in love with you?
Speaker 3: I'm like, they're not.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, I go, you could have a monkey up there handing out flowers. These women aren't losing to any other woman in that room, and so they don't get a flower from the monkey. They're pissed off, right, And it's like and I'm like, I was just a monkey, That's all I was.
Speaker 3: I was a vehicle for flower delivery, you know.
Speaker 2: And I do feel like if you go into the show with it, take yourself, you know, take the piss out of yourself a little bit with a little grain of salt.
Speaker 3: You can laugh at it.
Speaker 2: But in those moments, I was kind of like, you know, almost like saying that, like, don't touch Brian, he's mine, is almost like, oh, well, you know what, how.
Speaker 3: Weird because I'm really into Brian and.
Speaker 2: She might not be all Joe might pull to Brian on Brian tomorrow at breakfast we don't know. But at the end of the day, it's kind of like one of those things where it's like you just put your paris every other You just put a target on your back with that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 4: By bringing it up, you're basically like, just as it's like when they say, don't think about a purple elephant. Don't do you think about a purple elephant? Well, that's all you do is think about purple.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, No, thanks for ruining my day. It's all I got in my head right now. I mean it's true though, you know, it's like, don't take my man, kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's what she does. She takes something that just.
Speaker 3: Means I'm taking your man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's like she's saying, you know, and she's saying, you're telling me, by the way, so hold on Brian to greet them off of the jet ski. I'm going back in my notes Spencer, Brian and Jonathan. So Parisa is saying, now.
Speaker 3: Well, Brian caught my eye when I got off that jet ski, so, which I think is really interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm stepping on you know, I don't want to step on anybody's toast, but it is paradise and I kind of already semi hate Zoe from you know, six weeks ago, right, So it's like, come on, man, I mean, honestly, some of this stuff is awesome, but it's also it's so transparent.
Speaker 4: That I love it, you know, yeah, yeah, I mean it really doesn't like they're all there to meet people, and if you're interested in someone, then like say that and be interested in someone and actually like go through the motions of getting to know them and apologize to the person who maybe he already.
Speaker 1: Got to know. But like, I think that's what everyone's there for.
Speaker 4: If they don't like actually go try to connect with someone, then why are they there, like, you know, so so I don't, I don't. I don't think Parisa was in the wrong at all. I think, you know, and Brian too, for that matter. I just think that the non hello in the morning and then kind of like shading her and saying that she was clinging and you know whatever. I just I was like him, well, whatever, you you had something going. You were like smooching and hanging out together like just one on one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that flashback of the romantic you know, previous twenty four hours was pretty telling. I mean, they were, they were kind of coupling up, you.
Speaker 4: Know, so totally for sure they were for sure they were Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So let's get to the chemistry test.
Speaker 4: Because I actually really thought this was such a great idea. I feel like it for Bachelor in Paradise. Maybe not Bachelor or a bachelorette because there's just one guy and you know, multiple girls or one girl in multiple guyes. But for Bachelor and Paradise, I thought it was really interesting because I don't know if I don't know if we've ever talked about this, but my mom before I went was like, you know, just make sure that they're a good kisser.
Speaker 3: That was her like.
Speaker 4: It is because truly, if you are not compatible when you kiss someone, then I don't know that.
Speaker 1: The relationship is going to work.
Speaker 4: That is really a key component of any relationship, like romantic relationship, I believe absolutely. So I thought that was really interesting and the fact that you know that you had to have both people had to had to.
Speaker 1: Or whatever I thought was really interesting and.
Speaker 4: Very insightful into like who's into who and who is a hot commodity and who's there just to kiss all the people, which was Brian. He was like, I'm just going to keep it everybody.
Speaker 2: I just have to say one of my favorite moments of that how they're going through it, you know, Wells and Hannah calm. Wells take the guys, Hannah takes the ladies and they go through the whole thing, and uh, I loved how the producer would come in at the end and it was like a dude with a beard in a headset and he's like, I wonder who's everyone of these guys. I wonder who's coming next. I hope it's Deddy. Oh my god, if Debbie Pup's in here, that's gonna be great. And all of a sudden it's this big old producer and he's like, yeah, you're done, bro, no one else swiped for you.
Speaker 1: And then he's like, I can give you one of these. I can give you one of these.
Speaker 3: One of these.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: I thought that was so funny.
Speaker 4: I kind of love how Wells and Hannah are like they're putting them into the mix and it's not just Jesse. I mean, so in that scene, you know, Wells is with the guys, Hannah's with the girls.
Speaker 1: They have iPads and then Jesse is.
Speaker 4: On the iPad, yeah, and who knows if he was traveling or something or had to go home. But I love that they are incorporating Hannah into it a lot. And yeah, and Wells even, I mean, he's been a part of dates on Bachelor in Paradise before.
Speaker 2: But this is definitely a bigger role for him. I mean, you know, yeah for sure years past.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So I'd like to see Hannah have a little more to say.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see her a little more involved because I mean her personality as such that you.
Speaker 3: Know, but you know how it is.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe she was kind of feeling the ropes out at first, and you know, and Wells was taking the reins or whatever. You know, So we'll see what happens when she's on her own with everybody more.
Speaker 4: I also feel like, yeah, we might not be seeing her talking a whole lot, but she is. She is part of it. But also I know from personal experience that when you're there, it doesn't matter how much you talk. If they want to hear what you have to say in the edit, then they're going to put you in the edit, like if you if it doesn't play a part in whatever's happening then fine, like I I mean I went to the we went to the Golden Bachelor, or when I did the pickleball date on Golden Bachelor that Joey was there with me, and I actually asked Joey to be the Bachelor on camera like they were They were like, Okay, we really love for you to be the one to ask Joey to be our next Bachelor.
Speaker 1: And I felt so honored and I did it and they didn't include it in the show. I was like, so it just does it? Like who knows?
Speaker 4: Like Hannah, I'm sure is recording things, but what we're being shown is, you know, just what fits into the episode because they do have so many people.
Speaker 3: Oh and there's so much to cover, right, I mean, it's just move and move and movement. I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So Brian chose to click. He asked to kissing everyone. However, Jonathan and Dale had the most matches for kissing, which I thought was interesting. Jonathan kissed alex, Ali, Joe, Prisa, and Bailey right, and I thought those were all pretty interesting. Justin and Spencer they only chose to kiss one woman, right, I love that. I thought that was interesting too, Brian got to kiss Zoe and Parisa right Spencer only Jess I thought was really nice.
Speaker 3: Jared, I love that. Another nice little match up there. Justin kissed Lexi but she said it was uncomfortable in her worst nightmare. And I think she may have said I was just eating guacamole. She did, she did.
Speaker 1: That was so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, gosh.
Speaker 4: And and we've got like someone who is not worried about their breath. And then Parisa who's literally kissing Jonathan with gum in her mouth.
Speaker 3: She got a doublem, you know, slam in there.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Dale who's clearly uh you know, hot commodity. He kissed Alex, Kat Ali, Joe and Zoe and he gave kat a little.
Speaker 3: Extra love, which was which was nice, you know for them. They seem to be connecting.
Speaker 4: I think they're connecting really well. I like I like their connection. I do find it very interesting that we haven't been shown any conversations that they or anyone else has had about him and and Claire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been interested with that too. I was, I was wondering when and how that would come up. But you know, again, that might be something that's on the cutting room floor, I suppose, But to me, it seems like it might come up as things.
Speaker 3: Begin to get more serious because he wasn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't come out of that whole thing unscathed, you know what I mean, Like he I felt like, you know, everybody's in Dale because he's a great looking dude and everything else.
Speaker 3: But you know, if what.
Speaker 2: They're saying is true, like oh, I only want to be with someone who's got great intentions and everything, well, then the relationship you have with Claire will come up, right, It will have to.
Speaker 1: Ah, I mean.
Speaker 3: It has to.
Speaker 4: I can't even imagine. And honestly, I would feel like it's something that should be discussed right at the gate, like him mine, Like this is obviously Bachelor in Paradise and you met Claire and got engaged in and left the show before it was over and then things happened, and so I it is very interesting to me that it hasn't been brought up.
Speaker 1: But you're right, maybe they're just saving it for later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean he could be.
Speaker 2: He could theoretically be one of the first people and we don't know, we don't know how the season ends, but one of the very first or maybe the only person that's ever gotten engaged on the actual Bachelorette or a Bachelor because they did get engaged right and then get engaged Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 3: That's never happened where the one person is done on both shows?
Speaker 1: Has it? Has it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think so. Yeah, I don't think so. Could happen?
Speaker 1: That is interesting, very interesting. We need to do some research either. Can you chime in this?
Speaker 2: We now go on a double date, right we got Parisa asks Brian on the date and Ali Joe asks Jonathan on the date, and.
Speaker 3: The date gets pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: They roll into this random bar in Costa Rica and who what would you know?
Speaker 3: It happens to be Well's night job Slee story what I was doing here, you know, which I thought was really funny. He's like, hey, cocktail, Oh what's up? Guys?
Speaker 2: Hey, Oh my gosh, oh crazy you here. I'm not paradising, I'm here, you know, mixing up cocktails in Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no you're not. But whatever, So it's cute.
Speaker 3: It was it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cute.
Speaker 4: I thought that that actually was a really cute like first date, you know, like something to like get to know each other and get through the discomfort of like, you know, physical touch.
Speaker 1: You know, when they.
Speaker 4: Were climbing over each other like a sloth. I thought that was actually really funny and.
Speaker 3: That was next level.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh okay, wait hold please, Heather has gotten back to us back Yeah, true story.
Speaker 1: Becca got engaged? Yeah, yeah, Becca.
Speaker 3: Is so Becca got engaged on The Bachelor.
Speaker 4: Technically they got they got engaged after Bachelor in Paradise her and Thomas.
Speaker 3: Yes, so she did not technically get engaged on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, right, I got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, although Susie, Susie ended up being.
Speaker 1: One of the ones. Wait she didn't, she told Clayton. No, right, right, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Our producers are telling us that Becca got engaged to Ari, then got engaged on her own season of the Bachelorette, and then kind of sort of got engaged on Paradise because it happened after Paradise. Yeah, for sure, Becca loves being engaged.
Speaker 3: We know, I think she.
Speaker 1: Loves being married more.
Speaker 3: But she's a stockholder and Neil Lane. Yes, she's got Neil Lane stock at home. Fun. No, I'm just teasing back. I'm sure she loves being married much more. But yes, yeah, I think for sure, yeah, I think that was that. So that does kind of throw my whole thing out the window.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so the first game they play, which I thought was great twerk off. It looked like they had some Rando's in there too, right, it wasn't just the best and that lady won, so she won the twork off. We got to shake the balls out of the box by shaking your heine and Rando wins, which was nice. I'm sure Rando was watching that one at home that episode, so we got some Costa Ricans watching the show, which is nice. Second game, never seen this, Well I've seen this, but I've never heard it. Called this the sloth climb. So you climb around your partner without touching the ground. And I gotta be honest, that's a pretty spectacular game.
Speaker 3: I love it. I was watching, I'm like, I actually.
Speaker 1: I want to do that with Ryan.
Speaker 4: Hey, Bait, can I climb over you and just see if I could not touch the ground like that takes some talent, I don't know, yeah, and some strength and flexibility.
Speaker 3: First of all, anyone who can do that?
Speaker 2: The woman climbing on the guy, any woman that can do that has amazing core strength.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Real, and typically the ladies are much lighter than the guys, so the guys not that hard for a dude to stand there and really enjoy that game.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that third game, along comes Hector L.
Speaker 2: Gigante or something of that nature, who's a locale.
Speaker 3: Which means Hector the Giant. I believe was his name was Hector.
Speaker 2: I'm not i'mentirely sure about that, but he is an arm wrestling champion and these dudes need to square off against him. And I'm sure there was some type of prize that you know, they were going to win in the event that they won this arms contest. According to what we saw, Jonathan took down Hector L.
Speaker 3: Gigante.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I have to say one thing that I think they're doing that's really cute to me.
Speaker 1: And maybe this was part of Bachelor in Paradise when they were in Mexico. It might not have been, but it might have been.
Speaker 4: So when they have like they show their itms and then they show like their name and underneath their name, they're going like, so when when that part came up, Jonathan Allis said was hell.
Speaker 3: So I didn't notice it.
Speaker 2: Then I noticed it when Jill when it came up for Jill and I said, desperate for Love. I hadn't noticed that before either, and I saw that and I literally just started laughing, like I was trying to cram this episode in, so I was like driving and I'm like laughing hysterically watching it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So and then for Zoe, she when she was talking to Parisa and Ali, Joe she Parsa was like, oh no, maybe it was when she was talking to Brian and Parsa came and interrupted her, and she was like, oh no, I'm Gucci, meaning I'm good.
Speaker 3: Like I'm a Gucci.
Speaker 4: And the thing it says she's not Gucci or Zoe is not.
Speaker 1: So funny.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice that Zoe's not Gucci, but yeah, she was not Gucci in that moment at all.
Speaker 3: The opposite. Actually, yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: All right, so while we're gone on this double date, two more ladies show up. Well, one of the time Jill arrives from Clayton's season and from Bache Bachelor Paradise season eight, and Jill was the one where it goes to underneath said desper for long and she's like, I don't have a type. I'm an open door. I like I like all men.
Speaker 1: I like them all, anyone who's breathing, Yeah, I'll take him.
Speaker 2: And then and during that time, again brilliant editing. You know, I say it a million times when I talk about all like The Bachelor, Bachelor and Paradise, Bachelotte, all of it.
Speaker 3: These producers produce romance so well.
Speaker 2: And it's here they are again, Lexi and Justin on the beach having this heartfelt conversation about are you ready?
Speaker 3: And he's like I think I am, and she's like, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And it was like really obvious that she was basically saying, look, bro, I'm going to separate myself from this because you don't know where your head's at.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And then da da da, as if on command enters Susie his ex. Yes, and in full transparency, I need to say I have spent time with these two together when they were a couple and then again when they had just recently kind of taken a break, but they were still on a trip that I was on and lovely, lovely people, both of them really yea lovely people and one of those couples that, god, you just wish they would work out because they're such awesome people, you know, and and so I, you know, knowing them, I don't feel like I know them that well, but knowing them as I do, I'm like, oh, no, oh god.
Speaker 3: What is this.
Speaker 2: I'm watching it like just so invested, and I'm like, no, Susie, what, Oh my god, what's going to happen? You know? And you know, it was interesting because they both had moments where they were very concerned about the other person, right and here again I think just reiterating what great, what nice people they both are, and how they handled this situation with about as much kindness as you could. Obviously not probably knowing I wouldn't guess that the other one was going to be on the show. Or maybe one might have known and still thought it was okay. I don't know, but it was pretty obvious that Justin had no clue Susie was showing up.
Speaker 4: I Yeah, who knows if they if they had any idea, I think even if they did, it's just harder to like see that person in person because they had just they broke up. They broke up four months prior to when they filmed, and.
Speaker 1: That's just hard.
Speaker 4: That's that's especially with someone who I think justin put it as I or maybe it was Susie said, I have never had a relationship like that, Like it was. It was definitely a love, a loving relationship and probably something that they thought would go farther farther, a lot farther into the future. So so I think it's sad, but I think what you know, they sat down and talked and they were talking about you know, and she talked to Jill because they were on the same Bachelor season and then they were I think or maybe it was Bachelor in Paradise, but they know each other, there friends, and she was kind of getting the scoop and she's like, Susie was like, I just feel bad for not only for us, because this is a fresh breakup in a way, but but even maybe even more so for the people who are trying to like get to know us, you know, like for Lexi and for you know, whomever comes along.
Speaker 1: So I think that's true.
Speaker 4: Like I felt like Lexi was being so respectful, you know, Justin was really trying to kind of nedture, not in a disrespectful way, but be like I'm good, you know, like you know, I'm interested in you, and and Lexi was like, well, you know, I just want to be respectful and I want you to make sure that you've healed. So I think it's really it'll be really interesting to see, especially when we get to the end of the show, which we are getting to to.
Speaker 1: See what happens with Susie and Justin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Susie and Jill show up.
Speaker 2: Now we're going into day five, right, So now we're coming into the final day of this episode, which we all know ends in Rose ceremonies as always. Yeah, the dudes have the keys of the Kingdom today, so the guys are giving out the flowers. And I think it's pretty interesting because Jill and Susie, you can tell you have a nice friendship, and Jill's really like funny and engaging, and Jill's like pulls Susie aside, wipes out in the process, which is pretty hysterical. And then uh, and then like you know, Susie pulls her up and she starts filling her in on all the tea.
Speaker 3: You know, here's who's with who, and this doesn't seem so serious.
Speaker 2: This one kind of does whatever and I and I agree, Like Susie says at this point, she's like, I feel like I came at a terrible time.
Speaker 3: She did. I mean, there was never.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a good time for Susie and Justin to be on this show together at the same time. Like it was going to end, you know, poorly one way or another perhaps, and but it was definitely gonna be difficult, right for both of them.
Speaker 3: I don't care. If you truly love somebody and you don't work out, you know, you might not be right for each other.
Speaker 2: It's still hard to see that person with someone new. I mean, I've gone through it. I know you've probably gone through it in your life as well, and it's like you get to that point where you're like, man, you know, I want them to be happy, but do I have to watch it all unfold in real time?
Speaker 3: Like I can't really like torture. Torture for sure.
Speaker 2: So Susie and Jill are giving date cards as everyone that's new to the scene arrives. It gets one right, so they're both and they both basically have one day, I mean really to make connections that will keep them in paradise, right because if they don't, the guys are giving out the roses, so you know, and they both.
Speaker 3: Say what they won't do to get those those date cards.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you caught that part or not, but Jill made a pretty funny joke. Jill's like, I mean, I don't really know a lot the other way to get date cards, and she made a kind of a crude noise, which I thought was really funny. And they're like, yeah, we're not doing that. Neither one of us are doing that to get a date card for that.
Speaker 3: Good for that? So I thought that was pretty good. So Jeremy and Susie.
Speaker 2: So Jeremy pulls Susie side for a chat, which is ballsy because he does it right in front of Justin.
Speaker 3: Right Justin is kind of sitting there, and.
Speaker 2: They're just in proximity as you would be with someone that you just spent a year and a half with, you know, so they just happened to be in proximity. He's like, hey, can we can we chat? You know, and they go over to have a conversation and he thought she was really cute.
Speaker 3: He said. One of the people the.
Speaker 2: Names he brought up before he even came to the island was Susie. Like if she could be there, that'd be awesome. Here she shows up, so he's pretty excited about that. I'll let you take this next one. Brian, Parisa, Jonathan, and Ali Joe returned from their date. So one thing that I noticed before you before we talk about this, and I almost fell victim to this, right, was I thought Brian gave her some sugar and he comes in, He's like, hey, how is your.
Speaker 3: Night, you know or whatever?
Speaker 2: And yeah, she she basically is like that's not enough for her. She's not happy. So a lot goes on that night, right, so a lot of people do an exercise. On day five, Brian and Zoe sitting awkward at the bar.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: It's just the same, you know, like I think Zoe was. Zoe was pissed because she had established a connection she felt like and Brian went on the date with Parisa and and he came back and from what she said, he came back and didn't even say hi to her.
Speaker 1: You're right, like.
Speaker 4: He came in and kind of she was sitting down and he was standing up and kind of hugged her from behind, and I guess she just didn't feel like that was enough for her. And then they were making out in the pool. But you know, I'm kind of like, well, yeah they are, but you were being a little standoffish, like you didn't get up out of your chair to say welcome back, and you know, you do you want to go talk? Did you have a fun date or whatever? And I feel like she was just coming from a place of hurt, like she's probably like had had feelings already, or you know, just at least minimal feelings, and she thought that there would maybe be something there. So I'm sure it was coming from a place of hurt. But I do feel like maybe Brian was like, Okay, well I gave her a little hug from behind. I don't know that that was would be what I want either, Like I would want him to like say, hey, can we go talk?
Speaker 3: Can we talk? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And you know she needed a little bit more. I feel like you probably should have given her a little bit more.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 4: Whatever, And so he's going to like hang out with barsa more, and so be it.
Speaker 1: You know whatever, that is what.
Speaker 2: It is, all right, So Brian and Zoe said augardly in silence the bar, Zoe looks pissed, and just to touch on that too, you know, to start day five, and Zoe does look pissed, and it's like when someone's mad at me, I will just say, and you know, I've been the same woman for twelve years. When I when I know she's mad at me, I want to give her her space. I'm not defending Brian, by the way, I'm just saying it is. And when you haven't really had time to gel in a relationship very well and you've only known each other for four days, it's like, if someone's giving me the stink eye, I'm probably gonna at this point be like, all right, whatever, moving on. Yeah, I don't know how much, like because it's like how much time am I putting into this, you know, And so you got to kind of read the room a little bit too, Like I think Zoe probably could have been served by maybe changing her attitude of touch to see if it.
Speaker 3: Could go somewhere.
Speaker 2: But I totally understand how she's feeling and where she's coming from, and she's entitled to that.
Speaker 3: And she did handle herself in a respectful manner.
Speaker 2: So Joe Joe Jonathan basically says he sees a lot of potential on Alex still thinks to each other's number one even after his date with Jill. So they go on a friend date, which Alex basically says she's totally cool with.
Speaker 3: Go have fun. You know, he goes on the date. It had the potential.
Speaker 2: I mean, had there been another day, had Jill perhaps been on that island for another day, right, or if you know a day previous that had potential to go somewhere. Don't you think like they're playing twister, It's like it's they're kissing. It's like, wow, I thought it was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a little chemistry.
Speaker 4: I think it was definitely friend zone chemistry, and they were just trying you know. But I but I love that he went along with it. You know, he went on the date and was open to their being a connection with her instead of just shutting her out and being like, you're new, I've already kind of chatted with a couple other girls. So I think that that like he's showing how I think you you do paradise, you know, I've never gone to paradise, but I feel like he's he's handling.
Speaker 1: Himself really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do too, And again full disclosure, I know the dude. I like him, so I like seeing himself he handle himself this way. I think it's funny, you know. And this is foreshadowing perhaps, but Wells makes the comment that he doesn't see Jonathan and Alex's relationship, you know, going the distance, and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, I've been doing this for a long time. I know it.
Speaker 2: I never re So that's either gonna be foreshadowing that he's right again or it's gonna be totally.
Speaker 3: Blown up in his face. In my opinion, We're going to see how this goes.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so Jesse, he's the one of the first to welcome Susie and Jill. Of course, he gives Susie a daycard for an afternoon on the water. He gives Jill the daycard for the VIP s the VIP and BP yeh got pips. Thank you, And he says that he says it out loud. He's like, tonight four ladies are going home, which means only six roses going out, right, So I think it's interesting Zoe and Brian finally have their moment where.
Speaker 3: They're clear in the air. It's it's aggressive, right, I mean, it's it's tense.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was like watching that conversation, I'm like, god, man, I found Brian. I would just be quiet right now because I would hate to watch us at home and see myself.
Speaker 3: Looking like this.
Speaker 2: I would I'd just be like, I'm just gonna take a beating here. Go ahead, Zoe, just go after me. I deserve Yeah, totally, he can't.
Speaker 3: He can't back down. Man. He stays in it, you know, but he finally tells it. The truth has a connection.
Speaker 4: I was like, it needed to be said. He needed to say that, and you know, Zoe walks away and she's not happy, but I but I get it, like that was her really sole connection because she did end up talking to Dale too, and Dale basically told her that he's calling with Kat at least at this point.
Speaker 2: So no, yeah, I thought that was interesting. I mean, it could have gone differently for Zoe. I mean, this is an argument to be made, right to play the game a little bit. I suppose it could have gone differently for Zoe had she just not sit around salkon all day while he was out on that date with Jill. She could have been being fun and flirty with a bunch of other people and whatever. You know, I guess yeah.
Speaker 4: Although I also feel like this season, and maybe it's different from past seasons, but I feel like there are I can't remember who came in and they were talking about who's with who, and I remember thinking, is this different now because it seemed like a lot of people are coupled up. I think Susie when she came in and Jill was giving her the rundown, She's.
Speaker 1: Like, there's already like couples. What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Like, I think she felt like she was coming in pretty early and for them to already be people.
Speaker 1: So who knows what was happening in that moment.
Speaker 4: And you know, Zoe, I have felt like all these people were already coupled up and she didn't have the opportunity to go talk to anyone, and maybe she didn't have like the chemistry with anyone, or she wasn't attracted to anyone other than Dale and Brian, So you know, who knows what was happening behind the scenes. I just feel like, you know, we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zolle and Brian are definitely not a thing anymore. I don't know that anyone's I don't know if anyone's a thing for Brian.
Speaker 4: I think he'll probably leave Paradise thinking I'm just going to get to know as many people as I can, which is fine.
Speaker 2: Like I said, he does seem very into Prisa though, so who knows, this could be a redeeming thing for him, right.
Speaker 3: I thought a.
Speaker 2: Really cool moment too. I love seeing like a little bit of girl power here. Lexi and Susie kind of have a moment and Lexi is like, look, I'm just trying to be respectful, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, I loved that, I really did. I thought that was.
Speaker 2: All yeah, And and Susie's basically, look, man, I get it. I appreciate it. We've talked, we're supportive of each other. We want you you know, this is something, you know. It was almost like she was being supportive of their relationship, like given the no you know, like you can do this, you know. And I thought that was really nice of both of them. You know, probably would have been good to bring justin in on that conversation too, just to kind of let them know, you know, where everyone's was at Ali Joe and Dale. Ali Joe obviously knows how to play the game. I mean, yasmine Bleeth. Also in every episode of Baywatch would have done. This is the same thing she pulls aside Dale. So she's going after number two just in case, right, just the case it doesn't work out with number one, and you know, probably a smart move.
Speaker 3: She pulls Dale aside.
Speaker 2: Kisses him like a pretty a pretty intimate kiss, like Dale's not afraid to. He calls her Jojo, which I was like, there's only one Jojo Bro Joe, b B.
Speaker 3: There's only one Jojoe.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I'm sorry everyone, I'm apologizing.
Speaker 2: I'm not known for my original humor. Okay, Well, what I thought was great was Kat Like she sees them over there. Instead of sulking and getting all upset, she decides to go out and play with little mermaids in the in the sea right where he can hear right in her eyeline, which I thought brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought so too. That was very cute, And.
Speaker 4: I actually I think that she's actually I think that Wells may have touched on this, but she wasn't like kind of being like agro jealous, crazy, And I feel like on Bachelor in Paradise, the last season she was on, she may have gotten a little jealous and like spoken or said as much. And I think Wells pointed out I don't know if I'm crazy for remembering this, but I feel like Wells was like, is this really hard for you to, like, you know, have Dale over there? And She's like, uh huh, really really hard. But I think she's really doing I think she's doing great job of like keeping her emotions in check and just letting things play out and like putting herself out there and like connecting with him when she gets the opportunity to.
Speaker 1: So I think that's that's that's great. I think she's a smart herself really well too.
Speaker 2: It shows emotional growth, right, I mean she's learning, right, I mean, what's the definition of insanity, right, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Speaker 3: So she's not.
Speaker 2: Doing that, which is nice. All right, So real quick, we'll touch on the Jeremy and Susie date. So Jeremy showed, you know, Susie reaches basically advice Jeremy to go on the jet ski date where her they have a great time, right, and Jeremy again, much like what I thought Jonathan did.
Speaker 3: It was really respectful. Jeremy goes over tells Bailey about the date.
Speaker 2: She's like, go have fun, have a great time, you know, and she feels confident about their connection, is like, go to it, you know, which I think with a girl like Susie, I would think I could see people being like, oh my god, you know what is going on, sous He's a great personality, super prior to here she goes. But they go out, they have a great day. You know, they're out there having a really wonderful time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Jeremy tells Susie wouldn't have wanted to go on a date with anybody else, on the same date with anybody else. He loves that he's getting the knower, you know. He gives her a little bit of a kiss. They have a little bit of a romantic connection there. So I thought that was interesting. And then Joe and Jonathan of course on their their VIP b I P suitet date, right, they're playing twister, they're drinking bloody.
Speaker 3: Mary's a little bit of a love connection.
Speaker 2: No one knows where that's what's gonna go he even says he's like, you know, he's clearly got a type, right, because both girls that he's hanging out with are very kind of funny, keep it friendly, keep it light vibe, right, and uh, you know, and so from a personality perspective, at least, uh, he's gotta gotta type. So they both are a little bit surprised by the spark they feel. But you know, they come back from the date and of course now it is time for the roast ceremony, so you're you go, right, the guys who've got the keys?
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, I think it was a little tense because there are people who and always this is the case when it comes to Bachelor in Paradise rose ceremonies, you don't know at least a few people who are going to give you know, their roses too, and I think you know, most of them were you could probably guess, you know, Spencer and Jess are they only chose each other for their for the kissing booth, and you know they give kisses.
Speaker 1: To each other during the rose ceremonies, so they're they're solid.
Speaker 4: Alex I thought I thought there might be a chance of Jonathan giving Jill his rose, but you know, because he's had more time with Alex, I just felt like that was probably going to be the safe bet. And then Dale has you know, even though he had some great moments with Ali Joe, they they seemed like they have a lot of chemistry in terms of the kissing booth and I hanging out afterwards.
Speaker 2: You know what I really liked about that this was a redeeming moment for Dale for me because I'm still not sure what I think about him, right, I know he's good looking and all that good stuff, but like I was still kind of on the fence. Was when he kind of goes, I was in the middle of talking to I don't know who he was talking to. Actually, I think it might have been Ali Joe, I'm not sure, and he goes and I look across the bar and I see Kat and they play back the conversation where he's like talking and he like looks at Kat and he just sort of like stops and looks at her and lost train and lost his train of thought, and he goes, I haven't had that feeling and so long, And in that moment, I knew it was her, and that kind of gave me this sense of redemption for him, Like not that he doesn't owe me anything as a viewer, right, but for whatever reason, my I know Claire from years of us knowing Claire, and I like, you know, I didn't like how that whole thing went down, and so in my mind, I'm kind of like, what's up with this dude?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And I thought in that moment, I was kind of like, wow, that's that's okay, good for you. You did the right thing. You know, in my mind, I guess whatever the right thing is, and who knows what that means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he just he's following his heart. Yeah, he's following his heart. He's like, okay, well that kind of gave me a sense of who I should pick, and so Dale picks Kat and then we've.
Speaker 3: Gone to Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Is next Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Jimmy's between Bayle and Susie, right, He's.
Speaker 4: On the fence, but he goes after well he chose he chose Bailey, And I was thinking, actually, never mind, Jeremy chose Bailey. So we've got Jeremy and Bailey and Susie. At this point, you're thinking, okay, well is Susie going to go home.
Speaker 1: Is nobody going to swipe her up? Because she is a freaking cash I love Susie.
Speaker 3: So anyway, So Brian's up next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got Brian and he gives his rose to Parsa.
Speaker 1: There's no shock there, not a.
Speaker 2: Shock at all. Spencer's not happy about it, though. Spencer's thinks he's done Zoe dirty. So he Yeah, Johnathy comes up. It's between Alex and Jill. He goes with Alex, which also not a shock. Right, and last, but not least, it's Justin's turn to get up. And this is the moment we've all been waiting for friends. He gets up there, he's standing there. I gotta be honest with you, I was I need to know how you were feeling about this. I'm like, in my mind, I'm like, there's no way that he's gonna choose Susie. There's just no way he's gonna He's gonna know that it's time to move on, you know. But then, but knowing him and knowing how sensitive of a guy he is, just from the interviews I've done with him in the past, I wasn't shocked in this moment.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, he did he did it.
Speaker 1: I knew he was going to choose Susie. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just had this feeling that he was going to choose Susie. And they touched on it in a couple of different conversations where they talked about, you know, they were sitting on his couch and telling each other that they were always going to take care of each other and always look out for each other.
Speaker 1: And I think it was like a pinky promise or something.
Speaker 4: And yeah, he's like a man of his word, and I could see that coming.
Speaker 1: I didn't know for sure, but I.
Speaker 4: Was like, I have a really good feeling that he is going to pick Susie, and I part of me is still shocked that. So what happened is, you know, he says to Susie, will you know?
Speaker 1: Will you accept this rose? And she's like, wait, what are you doing? Why are you doing this? And she's starting to cry. She's like, no, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: You need to stop, No, stop, don't do this, you know, and she says, I'm really sorry, that's a really really sweet thing, but I can't let you do this. I can't accept your rose. And she goes back to where she was standing before. And then it is silence, and Susie's looking at Lexie because she's standing right next to her, and she's like, are you okay? Like I'm so sorry, Like she's apologizing to her.
Speaker 2: She goes, he only he only did that, so he wants to keep me here. It's almost like she was like, trust me, he's not still into me. It was like it was almost like she was fatally he's not doing the right thing. He's not you know, and they're all holding yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, I know.
Speaker 4: It was such a sweet moment between them, and then there's silence, and at this point I was like, is Jesse not even in the room, because why isn't he saying anything?
Speaker 3: There's the club Sandwich. Well he's like this is amazing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know they're in his ears saying don't you dare say anything? And then Justin walks away. And after he walks away, Susie's like, I need to go talk to him. Where did he go? And so and then and then the episode ends, so we are left not knowing if Susie is going to stay because Justin gave her or asked her if she wanted his rose and then we don't know if she says no, is he going to have the opportunity to give it to somebody else? Like, is he going to have the opportunity to go back and say, actually, Lexi, I would love for you to have this rose because you didn't accept it, and I was you take it? I know, I know, of course, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know how about you you as a woman, a very strong and confident woman. I mean, you're not used to being in second place to anybody either, unlike any of these girls in there. You if a guy tries to give a rose to his ex in order to give her an opportunity to stay, yeah, is it possible that you get past their prior relationship drama? And when he comes back, he's like, LEXI, I really want to give this to you. I hope you can forgive everything that went on here. Would you take it or what would you say? You'd be like, no, thanks, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I mean I wouldn't I wouldn't be rude about it. I would just say I think what you're doing is very very sweet, but I don't think that this rose is meant for me, And I'm just I'm going to go home. You know, like I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I think that I can't see Lexi taking a rose after Susie.
Speaker 1: Said said no to it.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe someone who's not connected, like the four girls who didn't get roses were Ali, Joe, Zoe, Jill, and Lexi. So I don't know, maybe like Zoe or Ali, Joe or Jill would be like, I'll take it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'll stay.
Speaker 3: You know, Elie Joe would take it for sure. I'm well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean because the fact of the matter is there will be other men coming onto the beach, so there will be other opportunities to connect with people. So like I get, I get why Justin did it, because maybe he didn't see like a complete future with Lexi. But I also feel like, you know, that was his Like I also felt like when he gave when he called Susie's name, I'm like, he's gonna ask Susie if she wants accept his rose, and then I could see him saying, I want you to stay.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's kind of what I think will happen, right, because we obviously.
Speaker 3: Don't know it's a cliffhanger. We don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I think I think that is what is going to happen, is he And you know what, sometimes like I'll say this, like there's been times when I would rather myself get hurt than someone else get hurt, or I'd rather just take take the brunt of it and let someone else go on and have an opportunity for something that maybe I didn't. I know that I've done that before, and I could see that being what Justin's thought process was here because I don't think he did it seeing a future with Susie.
Speaker 3: I think he did it. No, No, you eve, he had a chance to stay and meet someone new.
Speaker 4: You know, totally agree. That was totally my mindset too. We will see what happens in episode three, and that is tonight, so make sure you're watching.
Speaker 1: But also I loved the like.
Speaker 4: What's happening in the preview for the next Episode's come in and Leslie's like the party has arrived or something like that.
Speaker 1: I was like, Yes, I cannot wait.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait to see them in the mix and how all of it like.
Speaker 2: You and I just love the Goldens so much and I'm so excited because you know, it's also one of those things you're finally going to have. I mean, you know, I'm sure, I am sure there's going to be some awkward moments of stuff that I was all concerned about, but I'm also sure that there's going to be some pretty tender moments too. Like, you know, I'm just thinking of a couple of the guys that are going to be there, who are such good dudes, and it's like I can just see them being like the voice of reason and like, hey, you know what, honey, you're you're too good for that guy, like.
Speaker 3: Just let it go, you know, or whatever.
Speaker 2: Totally, yeah, sometimes people need a little bit of guidance, and I feel like if nothing else, Golden will bring us, the Goldens will bring us that, right, I mean.
Speaker 3: And maybe they'll have some romance going too.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there's a couple guys there that I could very much see, you know, finding love with some of the Goldens that I've seen that they're putting on the show. And it'll be really interesting to see how those chemistry tests go as well, you know, if they're going to have the same type of chemistry tests or not.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait, okay, well we got to rap, guys. But thank you so much for listening to this episode of Almost Famous with Trista and Bob, and make sure you're tuning into Bachelor and Paradise