Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: All right, Gods, welcome back earned your Lisia. This is a very special episode. Shout out to Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: We went back to the city of brotherly love. Yeah, they've been so good to us.
Speaker 4: We have you in Philly.
Speaker 2: So a few weeks ago, I'm on Instagram like I'm always on Instagram all day, every every day, all day. Somebody tagged me in United Masters. Shout out to United Masters. They did a post and they had a young man that was an entrepreneur and somebody was like, YO, get him on earn your leisure. So I looked at it and I looked at the post and it was a dope story. It was a fourteen year old that retired his mom. That was That was the caption. Fourteen year old entrepreneur tires his mom.
Speaker 4: He had a.
Speaker 2: Clothing company named Spergo out of Philadelphia, So it was dope. I liked his energy. I did some some research on him, so I reached out to him like, yeah, you're interested on coming.
Speaker 4: On the orecast for sure. He hit me. He hit us right back like yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: I would love.
Speaker 4: I like this kid, Let's do it. So.
Speaker 2: Trey Brown, fourteen year old entrepreneur that's killing the game right now with his own clothing brand called Spargo, and all of the rappers are wearing it. The baby has been spotted in it. Little Dirt Meek Mill Diddy, who's actually a mentor to him. We'll talk about that blue face, all of it. And he's killing it and he's on Instagram, he's promoting, he's.
Speaker 3: He's got news man posted up with shots. This guy's busy.
Speaker 4: Seeing in all that.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, so we got not only him, but we also he couldn't be here without his mom.
Speaker 5: Boss, so we got the We got the boss Sony.
Speaker 4: Cherrelle Peterson, his mom retired school teacher. Correct y.
Speaker 2: So this is our first parent and son mother and son episodes. So this is gonna be a good one. So first and foremost, thank you guys for joining us.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you so much.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. So all right, so let's let's get into it. So spurgo. Right, So, if you're on Instagram, you've probably seen them and all the celebrities are wearing it and you're doing your thing. It's only been around for a short period of time, and you're young. You're fourteen years old, right, so you started this when you was twelve, right.
Speaker 6: Twelve January twenty eighteen. I started with my birthday money one hundred and seventy eight dollars, got my first sixteen T shirts sold out that week. Then I was able to reinvest double up thirty two t shirts. Just from there, we just kept on growing and kept on building.
Speaker 2: Turned two into a full four till yeah, boy doubled up play right, So, but what page you even want to start a clothes because I at twelve years old, most kids is thinking about video games or they think about sports. So they're thinking about, you know, stuff that they're not thinking about business, let alone starting a business themselves.
Speaker 4: Where does that come from? Like what gave you the idea that I want to be an entrepreneur?
Speaker 6: So I ain't even know entrepreneur at the time, but so it was two. It was two things. So so clothing really because my mom she's a seamstress, and then coming from a household church every Sunday and I'm getting like really dressed up, suit ties, everything, so like you can't come out the house looking to mess in my household. You gotta like be right sneaks. And then business because you know, I wanted to show the youth like, look you could like you could own a business, you could get on jests, you could travel because in my city of Philadelphia, it's not a lot of hope. Like if you grow up in poverty and that's all you see, you know, that's all, you know. So I'm just showing the youth like, look, you could go to Hawaii, you could go to Miami, you could like you know, you're right, and you could you know, you could build a business and you could build the global brand and you could do whatever, like the sky is the limit. And I want to show the youth like, look, this is like here's an example, and I wanted it to be you know, like a key factor, like to show the youth like, look, chase your dreams and you could do whatever. You know, you you whatever you.
Speaker 3: Want to be.
Speaker 2: So you were saying that twelve year old murdered a thirteen year old something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it was August. I remember it was August fourteen. Yeah, it was like August fourteenth, and I remember like it was yesterday. A fourteen year old got arrested for murdering a thirteen year old. And that hit me because you know, that could have been me, that could have been my friend, that could have been my cousin. And it heard from like both sides that are like, you know, both sides like one kid, he's arrested, that's life, you know, he just missed out on life. All the things he can to accomplish everything. And then you know another family they they lost a family member, a mom lost a son, a brother lost a brother, and you know that just hit me, like you know that gotta stop. And it was happening like things like that was happening like on a regular and it's just it was starting to become normal. So I wanted to show the youth like, look like we got we gotta turn it up, like you could chase your dreams positive and also like what I started doing was hiring like my friends, my cousins, brother and everything like that, you know, and giving them opportunities to show them like you can make money in a positive way. You don't gotta you know, sell drugs and you know, do negative things, you know, for money and different things like that. It's positive ways. Always all here is positive opportunities.
Speaker 3: Man, what're you going up with the name spargo?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: So spargo? So spargo. I came up with the name spargo combined in the words sports and heroes and heroes really heroes like people who are just like just saving me, you know and showing me like positive things. So I will always watch people like Damon John Diddy uh jay Z. So they were like my heroes. So that's where I got the hero where from? And then g O g oh, I got you know, I got that from. Like you know, Spurgo is for the go getters. It don't matter what your profession is, as long as you're getting up, you're working hard to your dream and you grinding. You know that, Spurgo And we got like a few campaigns that means, you know, a lot of different things. So I got on the Leo Swissuit and it says established in twenty eighteen, and you know, so that's just like showing the beginning and everything like that. You know, the Leo Swissuit been seen like like Diddy recently today, that baby. A lot of just celebritiesment seen wearing it. And then also we have another campaign Spurgo Billionaire and Billionaire because every day, like I say, my information is like I'm powerful, I'm strong, I'm a billionaire. So billionaire just affirming, you know, affirming that lifestyle, affirment like Spargo gonna be up there and you know, just affirming positive things and affirment wealth.
Speaker 3: That's dope, man.
Speaker 5: So you got the first sixteen T shirts. You wasn't this wasn't like no lemonade. Then what was the story of how you sold the first sixteen?
Speaker 6: So I said, I sold the first sixteen all right. So before I started spargo, like I was, I was doing music, so I was a rapper, so I was posting. Uh, I sent out a message to everybody in my phone. I was posting on my Instagram like look, I got this new business venture and this spurgo. I posted the T shirts and everything like that, and you know, I sold. I sold out the first week. A lot of my family members, the friends, everybody was on it. And I sold out so quick. People are like pre ordering and people were just like the demand a little bit. It was up there, you know, about like five people, but.
Speaker 3: They all bought it.
Speaker 5: But how did you expend Like did you go out in your school?
Speaker 3: Where was you moving these shirts there?
Speaker 6: So so after the sixteen shirts and I got thirty two shirts, Like after like the five people got these shirts. From the thirty two, I started hitting the barbershop. So I started hitting every single barbershop, every single business and you know, the city of Philadelphia every weekend. This started to be like a thing, like you know how some kids. They do basketball practice every Saturday. This was like my basketball practice. Every every weekend. We would go out the every single barbershop, every single business, and I wouldn't come into the house unless every you know, T shirt was sold. So after it was thirty two shirts, then we were able to move on to I think it was like another batch of shirts, probably like forty shirts. Then we were able to move on the hoodies. So now it's wintertime, so it was in January February. Now it's wonder time. Now people able to get, you know, hoodies and things that they really, you know, wanted, and that's what I wanted in the beginning. I wanted hoodies and long sleeves, but I couldn't afford it. This was my birthday money that I was starting off with. So then I was able to move on to hoodies. And I kept moving, you know, to the barbershops and businesses, and people just started knowing me because everywhere I go, you know, I was rocking Spurgo. It was it was our white and black T shirt and it's a yellow logo that this is our original logo. If you see me in a mall I had on Spurgo, if you see me at my friend's birthday party. I had on Spurgo. I had the same T shirt on for months straight, and it was just getting I wanted to be annoying in people. So then even I was still at probably like three four thousand flowers, people were annoy using who I was. I remember one time we was at the mall True Religion, somebody was he was like screaming like yo, that's like that's him and everything like that, and that was real cool, you know, because I wasn't even like real big on Instagram, Facebook, none of that. People were just noticing who I was just because brand consistency and me staying consistent to you know, my brand. I wasn't wearing nothing else. I'll price for chatter, sneakers, the jeans, but the same T shirt for months straight, and that's how I got it.
Speaker 2: The bill, I like, I like a few things that you said there. The barbershop play, it's interesting because it's the center of influence, especially in a black community amongst men. So whose idea was it to target barbershops?
Speaker 6: So who I did? Was it a target barbershop? That was my mentor, my first mentor, me and Maya Davis so me and Mike Davis, I met, I shot him a d M before I even got my T shirts made, Before I even got my first T shirts, he gave me the course, and the course was just showing you, like what T shirts to get, you know, what T shirts to get, Like what good colors you know for brands like red and yellow? Was like a really you know, good color you know for any type of logo. That's why I'm seeing it like you know, food and a lot of just like red. It's seeing like a lot of different like logos across the board. So that course was just showing me, you know, like a lot of different things. But it was his idea to do the you know, barbershops. He told me to hit you know some barbershops. So I hit every single barbershop, every single business. We even started moving to Camden a little bit because we hit all the barbershops in Philly. So I were type in zip codes like barbershops and one nine one dot dot, and we would hit every single barbershop. Then we started moving to Camden and then that then from there we was doing like then from there we did the online store.
Speaker 5: I like, I like that you keep saying we because mom was obviously the we and crazing. But you said, it wasn't easy at first, right, you want into our first barbershop and it was.
Speaker 3: Like, what are we about to do in here?
Speaker 7: Yeah? We were both scared. Trey was petrified. I was scared for him because that was his first time. Like, you know, we went over kind of like what he was going to say, but it's nothing like when you're in that moment, you know, and it was just like we were in the you know, in South Philadelphia. But when we went in, he was like, you know, he whispered like to the guy. He was like, can I speak to the manager? And he was like, yeah, what's up? What's up? Bro? Yeah? And he was like can I, you know, can I make an announcement and sell my my my T shirts? He was like yeah, sure. So Trey got in the middle of the floor. It was like a long walk to the middle of the floor. He was scared, and then he was like he was like, hey, everybody, you know, I got my T shirts and you know I could be out selling drugs or doing violence. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was like kind of all over the place and this my brand spurg Oh. He kept going like this my brand Spurgo when I got T shirts all sizes all around, and so they were like in shock. They was like, wait, ho, turn the music there. Like everybody like stopped what they was doing. And it was probably like a very rewarding experience for me because I was nervous and it was just like mentorship, like right on the spot, like they embraced him, like they was like turning music down. You gotta say it over, you gotta say it speak up because everybody had Yeah, everybody had their phones out like they were reposting them and like you know, had them do it a couple of times like no, add this and you know, add that. And when that actually posted, he got like twenty thousand views. He went up like you know, over a thousand followers, like everybody was common and like you know, like and there was so much encouragement for him, you know when he first started off, and for me, it was just like it was like their reassurance like he gonna be alright, like he can. It was like he could do it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: It's good story because it's a lot of times people make excuses in life and it's like all right, so you start with one hundred and somebody doll one hundred and forty seven dollars hundred seven, one hundred and seventy eight dollars, and you buy t shirts and then you flip it so without even probably you're knowing what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You reinvest in money.
Speaker 2: That's a business rule, right, You got to reinvest the profits, not just I make one hundred dollars and then I spend it. You reinvest in it until you got enough to buy a sweatshirt, and you reinvest until you got enough to buy a hoodie in a tracksuit, and the whole thing. And your marketing gorilla marketing and center of influences with a lot of people are around and they can spread the message and you don't have any any fear in doing it.
Speaker 4: That stops a lot of people right there.
Speaker 2: It's like just to be able to get in front of a barber shop in front of strangers and pitch yourself.
Speaker 4: That takes a lot of courage.
Speaker 2: And it's like even even for adults, Like there's a ton of adults are scared to tell their friends that they want to start a business, let alone a room full of strangers.
Speaker 3: You know, it's one thing if you did it in like your own barbershop.
Speaker 5: But you're going into some neighborhoods that ain't you know what I'm saying, Like you.
Speaker 3: Don't even know the people. That takes a lot of courage and dedication. Man.
Speaker 4: So were you able to put the merch in the shops like.
Speaker 6: We we uh further down the line, I put like some some I came ome with my first do rag, so I put some dog barbershops.
Speaker 7: So you did it with okay.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so I did. I did put some merch in a few barbershops, and that was like my first piece of district distribution. Distribution. Yeah, but I was still going out the barber shops. Even when I did have uh, you know, some merch and barbershops, some Spurgo gear and barbershops. I was still going out the barber shops as well. So like that was like kind of like two streams a little bit, getting it from you know, that barbershop and then also going out to the barbershops. And also that was kind of like a pickup vocation as well. I would send people there when I sold out, you know, so that was kind of like a pick up vocation as well. And it was really it was really really cool.
Speaker 2: So Saturday, that's your Saturday routine. Was going to barber shops, like twenty barber shops in the city all day Saturday, and he was just selling hand in hand in the barber shop. So all right, So now you got a whole thing going with the barber shops and your name is building in the city, I'm assuming, so what's the next play after that to grow the brand?
Speaker 6: So after the barbershop, I was moving around in the city and somebody gave me, you know, diddy numbers to show a number, and.
Speaker 4: How did somebody that.
Speaker 3: Rewind?
Speaker 4: It's an important person that gave you his number.
Speaker 7: So so so Trey was moving around so much that it was just like it's almost like how can I help? You know, like people like because I think you know, when you working hard, it draws people to you. It's like, you know, like they want to be a part of helping you be successful. And it is roal people out here that really genuinely want to know.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that because that's something that is underrated too. Low of inertia, Yeah, low of inertia is like object emotion stays in emotion or object and still stay still, like once you get the ball rolling. And Wallow told me to shout out to Wallow. Yeah, we spoke every we speak a lot, but he was I was asking him. I'm like, yo, how you get all this bar stool?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 2: He was like, yo, once you get hot, bro, it's just like you just you just like things tracked like you. Energy attracts energy like energy, right, So it's like and people want to be around people that are successful.
Speaker 4: It's human nature.
Speaker 2: So it's like, once you really start to get that ball rolling, you'd be surprised how many blessings just randomly just start falling in your lot.
Speaker 7: It's been yeah, because it's like constantly working then so many people are. So it's like even if people don't notice you the first time, they may see you in another setting like wait, oh ya, I saw him before, like or I saw that brand, and then they're now they're now digging in their brain like where did I notice? Like so they're now researching him or where they saw him first. So it was like he you know, he's out here doing something positive, you know, inspiring other kids. So it's like, how can I help him to keep going? And he let you. Gave him the number.
Speaker 6: And first thing, honestly, first day out there was FaceTime can't pick up. So I made him a video. And that's one thing about me, like I'm big on the videos. Pictures is cool, but I do videos. I sent them a video. Hey, mister Shawn, my name is Chay Brown. Uh, my name is Chay Brown. I'm a twelve year old entrepreneur. Seeo my own clothing brand called Spurgo, and then everything like that, I'm gonna send you out the video. So after that, that was like mid July. I'm packing up shirts in August one morning and my phone just keeps on buzzing. It just constantly. It just kept on buzzing. I checked my phone and people telling me that, you know, Diddy, you know, shouting me out. Mister Sean shouted me out. And that was just like the big like a big step for me because a lot of people in Philly seeing it, So that stepped up my credibility. A lot of people you know, all over the world was just hit me up like yo, I need a shirt. But good thing is I had I set the website up in May so and he shouted me out. On August so now everybody all around the world able to order a Spurgo shirt and everything like that. So that was really cool. You know, people just wanting to help people, you know, sharing as well, you know. So that was the first step. That was the first day my website just sold out. Everything had sold out first day on the jet, my first day you know, inside of Maybag. So that day was really good. Later on, no, actually, from that post, I was able to get my first wholesale my first wholesale deal, and it was for five hundred shirts. They didn't want no discount or nothing like that. They ordered five hundred shirts that like, at the time, the shirts was twenty five dollars. That's why I said at the time, because they ain't twenty five. Yeah, so they was like twenty five at the time. Also at that time, I just gained some connections as well. A lot of people in his family. They you know, they knew me and they was like DM and me and things like that. So later on that month, I found out meek Mill he was having a pop up shop inside Philly. Me growing up being from Philly, meek Mill was somebody that I look up to heavy, somebody that came from you know, uh the streets and everything like that and made it and being successful. So I felt I saw that he was, you know, had a pop up shop in Philly, he was gonna be there. Luckily I was all from score that day I met him. He posted me on his Instagram early before I met him. I had my affirmations up. I'm powerful, I'm great, I'm amazing, everything like that. But when he shouted me out meek, you know, it gave me another, you know, step of credibility. Like this kid is like everywhere and like this is crazy. So after that, like it just it just kept building from there with you know, with the wholesale deal from you know, people seeing me on Diddy page, I was able to get my first sweatsuits. So out of them sweatsuits, then I was able to buy, you know, my first jackets. Now we got like a full warehouse full of different products, Like we got sweatshos crew necks, uh, different T shirts, body suits, swimwear, slides. Now we got like a full warehouse. We got a full brand, full collections, and Spurble was like really getting up there now.
Speaker 5: So in the beginning, you're still in school, you're still a student, in school, right, yeah, now, I know if you had a nice outfit in school, you're the man. What is it like when daddy's posting you, meets posting you and you're going to school.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 6: Like a lot of people they were just like I just started. I started being like a cool kid. But in the beginning of me, in the beginning of me, like doing something different, like starting a business, and then me doing my affirmations every day too, like because them affirmations really kick in, like I'm strong, I'm a billionaire, I'm powerful, I'm happy. Affirmation like that that really kick in, you know when negative things are happening. But kids at first like oh that's corny, you know, and different things like that. I was getting laughed at and picked on, you know, in the beginning, because you know, it was just something different, Like it's like in my city, is not really cool to do something positive or do something different. But like what mister Waall said, like when people think you crazy, that mean you want something like you like you got something great going on. But in the beginning, in the beginning, it wasn't cool. But like as like, you know, things started coming. I started growing on social media a lot of my friends like you. They was with it. I gat, you know, new friends who had businesses and different things.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, it's always it's always funny until it's not funny. But also the thing I like about you also is that like you're staying in people's radar and that's important. And it's like going back to why. Like I was talking to him yesterday and he was asking us. He asked me, He was like, yeah, going the All Star And I'm like, no, I don't think we're going. He was like, now you gotta go. He was like, because like you just gotta be everywhere. He was like, you gotta be everywhere. And it's crazy because we was in Super Bowl and we was with Big Business shot the Big Business shout to Alex Gold Energy. We was just randomly eating on South Beach and I see you walking. I see you guys walk. You got that VOT. So, so you know, we sat down, we had a conversation. And then today I thought you was out there for an event because early I think that they before I saw you at Diddy's house with Cal it.
Speaker 3: Was actually coming to OZ coming a head.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but then after that, so I saw you with cal It and Diddy and all that. So I thought that it was planned for you to come down there to me, Diddy, and you just told me like you just went down there just on.
Speaker 4: The whim I went down.
Speaker 6: I went down. So I was in New York Thursday. I said, Mom, everybody in everybody in Florida, everybody in Miami, let's just fly out there. And you know, we flew out there Friday. And I didn't have nothing planned, nothing planned. Nobody that I knew was out there. I had a hotel and my mom was like, yeah, my mom was like, yo, what were going through down there? I said, let's just go to South Beach.
Speaker 4: I see who We're going to figure it out, figure it out.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a good place to figure things out.
Speaker 6: So and when I told my mom, I told my mom earlier in the year, like I'm not missing no event, no more like last year when the BT Awards, the Rod Nation Brunch. Yeah, that hit me, Like why am I not there? Like that hit me? I said, like the.
Speaker 7: Same thing he was really said though about it, like because he was like the brunch, I'm gonna be there next year.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, okay, nah, because it's like I always like to like a child's mind is different from an adult's mind because they don't have this, they don't have the same restrictions adults be. Like it's like you take one vacation a year and it's like and it's like, why you're going? Why not? Why am I not going to? That's the real question, That's the real question.
Speaker 6: You lift Once I was so yeah, I was, man, I was so mad when I was like, I was missing all these spots. I told my mom, I'm not missing no All Star Game. I'm not missing no super Bowl, no bat no Brammy, nothing like that. I'm gonna be everywhere, and I'm gonna stay consistent, and I'm just so focused where I'm not like like I'm so focused while I'm not playing no more whereas like they gonna just keep on seeing me. But you just gotta be everywhere.
Speaker 2: So then you so that you went down there, and then you FaceTime Diitty and then the next thing you know, you end up in Ditty's house.
Speaker 6: Right, we had come through, right, I FaceTime, I FaceTime mister Sean, and I said, if mister Sean, you don't you don't got you only got in Miami right now without Spargo on what's up? He said, pull up on me right now. Uh, he said, pull up on me right now. And I had like a I had a suitcase for Spargo. I've worded it to him, and I had some stuff for the whole family. And we were just chopping it up for about an hour. You know, we was just chopping it up for an hour. I was able to meet Christian and Justin and you know, they remember me from the poosts and things like that. But it was just, you know, good to chop it up. And we got like a big project on the way, me and mister Sean and I don't even know we're talking.
Speaker 4: About breaking alert.
Speaker 6: So and then after that, the next day he invited me to the Bad Boys super Bowl party. I was able to meet, you know, some celebrities, and you know, I was it just feels good to be connected and different things like that. But you know, we we we're still growing from here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I wanted to say shout out to mom. I know you're educator.
Speaker 5: I know he was in school, but now he's doing homeschool, so you're taking that role of now being the teacher as well as more right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So he so it was actually like his first year in he was like, bron, can I be homeschool? And I'm never even being a teacher. I don't know people that's homeschool. And it's just like no, try, you can't be homeschool, like you want to be in school. Second, Mama, missing so many opportunities and this and that, Like this was like a two month plead. Like he was like you know and kept asking, and I started to see the things that he was missing, like because his mentors like they all wanted him with them, like they would go to like conferences and things like that, and I'm like, yo, this is information that trade really could benefit from. Like they were taking him, you know, out to Calie. What was the name of it. I can't remember the name of the conference, but it was a lot of Yeah. So it was like that he went to that he missed like two days of school, and then it was another conference or something was coming up, and I was like that he gonna miss more school, Like I got it, you know. Yeah. So then in February of twenty nineteen, I finally let him get home school.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're gonna go in the next sep we're gonna talk about the day to day operations of Spurga. But before I got one last question, So cal It, your energy seems like it's a match for cal It. How was he like when you met him?
Speaker 6: So, oh, DJ got it. Yeah, So like when I met him, he was like real chill because he was in the business move But when I see him next time, we're gonna be right.
Speaker 2: Next next time, next time to turn up as the next second we're going we're gonna go into next all right, So now we're gonna go into the next segment, so we're gonna talk about systems and day to day operations. But before that, so the homeschooling process, because I'm sure there's a lot of parents that listen to earn leisure and they might, you know, have thought about homeschool. You're a teacher by trade, so it's probably easier for you to teach.
Speaker 7: Well. Actually, he is like sign school, so I don't have to come up with the curriculum. Homeschool and cyber school is a little bit different, whereas homeschool, the parent does have to come up with the curriculum and the activities and things like that. So he does cyber school. He'd probably just say cyber school where the curriculum is already there. He has teachers, he has counselors. They did some like once every quarter they had like a little get together where you can meet the teachers and.
Speaker 4: Talk about with the name of the school.
Speaker 7: Uh, he goes to twenty first century.
Speaker 2: That's like something I did. Actually, So when I went to I used to play basketball. So when I went to prep school in Florida, and so my last two years of high school I was at it was so Texas saying I was in school in Florida, but Texas A and M had like a satellite program where so I traveled a lot because it was like a really good prep school. So like I would do like coursework, like it's like online learning, right, basically equivalent of online learning. I would go to the physical location when I was in town, but if not, like they'd just send me packets, do the coursework, send the packets back. It gets graded like a whole system in place. And I was because I wasn't really in school a lot, right.
Speaker 4: So that sounds like the equivalent of.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, it's very similar.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a new age way of learning anything about it is that like a lot of the old traditional ways is it's kind of outdated, Like you go to a school.
Speaker 4: From seven o'clock in the morning to three thirty.
Speaker 7: That was his complaint doing that. He was like, yeah, he that was his complaint. He was like, Mama, spent an hour of traveling in school. I spent an hour coming back. You know. He had this whole thing laid out, like he was like, we kids don't listen, you know, like teacher spending time with telling the kids to sit down. And I'm a teacher, so I kind of know how much time is like wasting, Yeah, wasted on just getting the masses the right thing. So I mean it just started like he just kind of like broke kept breaking breaking it down, you know. But for me it was difficult at first because I was like I didn't really know anybody else that did it before. I didn't want him to miss out on social things. I'm like, you know what trade when it's time to go to high school, you're gonna go on your prime or like you know, so I was kind of a little bit concerned about.
Speaker 5: Saying I think he's doing I'm with CALLI mom. The social pot we got.
Speaker 2: So that's what that's dope because like I said, I mean, there's no one shoe fits off feet exactly, and there's no one way to learn, right, So it's like there's nothing that beats real life experience.
Speaker 6: So it depends, like it really depends because like my little like my little brother like and my little sister, like, they really wouldn't like homeschool because they like, you know, learning with friends and different things like that. My little sister is like a social person, so homeschool for her, you know, wouldn't fit really right.
Speaker 7: She loves getting on the school, but she loves like so like you said, one when you don't fit all.
Speaker 4: Fee that's the fact. So all right, So so your homeschool.
Speaker 2: So how does the day that they operations work as far as the business, because so obviously you have inventory, you got ship inventory, you got social media marketing. Can you like walk me through it like an average day like of you running the business with me or with both both of you guys, Like just like what's your average day of like the business operation?
Speaker 6: So with me, average day, I wake up six six thirty, a week up a week up six thirty. So this is a day for me, So six thirty, take my little brother and older sisters to the school bus. After that, I knock out some After that, I knock out some schoolwork, hit the gym. Hit the gym at like eight, Uh, I get back, I get back, and then just you know, I checked social media, see what's popping. But uh, you know, later later on then I'm I might just be traveling, like and why if I'm not traveling, then probably just shipping out some things, checking out like what's going on, getting on some like you know, business calls. Uh yeah, getting on some business calls is like usually all day shipping out products, shipments coming into the you know, warehouse. That happens a lot, like boxes, boxes, and then just also just planning, you know for people that don't know, like it's four quarters, it's four quarters, Q one, Q two, Q three and the best Q four. So just like planning for the quarter, and you know that that's what like I'm always doing, just planning for like what's next, you don't like I don't really want to be like late on a way for you know, just figuring out what's new to fashion. Sometimes I might I might just go to like NIM and mark is and just check out like some new products that they got in or you know.
Speaker 4: Inspiration right, yeah, so I'll order.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Earners. What's Up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of.
Speaker 3: Our merch partners.
Speaker 5: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need something.
Speaker 3: Right, you do all the shipping yourself.
Speaker 5: Like, so the warehouse obviously is where all the clodes are going now, right, But prior to that was they y'all doing it at.
Speaker 6: The home so where so yeah, so we're doing so we're doing a lot of the shipping right now. We're doing a lot of this shipping right now.
Speaker 3: So you're going back and forth to the post office yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do, but I don't. I don't really have to, though the post office could.
Speaker 7: Come to me. He likes the personal part of it, like the people at the post office know him, you know. Also like he has like special bags where he like his his brand logo is on the bags and he meets a lot of people in the post office. So like showing up is like Tray's thing, like he really likes. So he hires his friends and things like that, like his friends can go to the post office for him. But that part he enjoys, you know, he enjoys like talking to the people, seeing new people in the post office. Like a lot happens at the post office.
Speaker 3: Actually, right, So you're hiring your friends.
Speaker 5: So you got some thirteen fourteen year olds that you grew up with that are now working for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're a real boss. How that conversation go, Like, y'all need y'all do this run for me?
Speaker 6: Uh So one of my friends they come through every Saturday. They come through every Saturday, and they working inside the warehouse organizing things, organizing new products, doing inventory, shipping out stuff. And then my brother and my cousins and different things like that. They'll come with us, like for different projects, so it's like a pop up shop. I will hire my friends and different things like that. So they will help me set up like moving things, and I'm just showing them like, look that's a positive way y'all could get money. And then also you know, when one of us win, we all win. Like we're unity, we're the team. So like we we just we move like that. We moving in that direction. Like we all got spurgoing our bio. We all got one goal like Spargo gonna be a global global brand or Spargo gonna be a global brand. So we're gonna win or we're gonna win. And that's just like how we move, like we move as a team and different things like that. We always rock and Spurgo. I rock Spurgo every day, like you will never catch me, you know rocking you know anything else, Like I only got like the pumas on right now because the Spargo sneaks.
Speaker 3: Not out but on the way you're right.
Speaker 6: Uh so yeah, so that's that's what it is like for the like for the team. So for the pop up shops, they'll come and different things like that.
Speaker 2: So Mom, like as far as your you run the books, right, yeah, so how is that for you? As far as your day to day, Like what's your day to day look like as far as you're more in the business operational?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Right, So I don't handle like a lot of calls, a lot of the pr a lot of emails, Like Trey has been on over thirty media outlets.
Speaker 4: Last year, you do PR yourself? Yeah, how do you? What's so, what's your formula for PR?
Speaker 7: Just so PR, Like sometimes I'll send out press releases, but right now it's always it's been like a heavy demand for him. So like we haven't even yeah, we haven't even really got into.
Speaker 6: The part of we're like trying to reach out, right.
Speaker 7: So I believe, you know, I feel like this year is going to be a year where we would really step it up, where he gets into those like mainstream things, you know.
Speaker 5: So uh yeah, so you you actually were teaching in school.
Speaker 3: We have that account. We had a talk about the power of education.
Speaker 5: And classroom management. At a certain point you said, I can't teach anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was getting difficult because I was working in the you know, the inner city is already rough, you know, so working in inner city, working full time, it was coming home already exhausted. But I would still have to, you know, put in like six hours with Tray because he is fourteen, and he is a beast. Like he's a beast, but it's some things that he just can't handle, like, you know, bank stuff, just different things that you know, an adult has to take care of So I would spend you know, six hours with him, and then I'm like running. Then I got to be your mom to my other kids. You know, my family, got to take care of my family. So I'm like running off of like four or five hours of sleep. So after a while, like it's just it was just starting to get like really really rough. And you know, Trey always said, my came on, like you don't gotta do that, you don't gotta work, And you know, a part of it was my own fear, you know, like we stepping in waters. Our family have never you know, we're doing that, you know, yeah, we're doing different. We're like when we started. People his friends was laughing at him, but even adults looking at me, like what is you doing? You know, like so I mean leaving my job. My parents even were just looking at me like you sure, you know, like they as much as they believed in the brand, like it's just that security, that guarantee income and things like that, but just believing in trade, believing in the brand, believing in you know, you know, my own higher power and you know, just that kind of stuff. I was like, I can't, it's not even healthy at this point to keep living like this and things are going really great. It's almost like you, if you believe you got we gotta do something in order for him to go to the next level, for this to go to the next level, for us to really break these generational curses. We got to step out my last thing.
Speaker 2: So you talked about putting systems in place. Can you talk about that?
Speaker 6: So playing systems in place? You want to talk about them?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was so. Our first year trade is very like spontaneous, like all right, man, we're going here. You know, we're not we're not doing this mom or we you know. So after about a year and a half like that, that's starting to get draining because it's like we're going here, we're making moves here, but this part is slipping because maybe we forgot to do one thing or we forgot to do another thing. So it's kind of like a bunch of like time, we're wasting time sometime, or we're losing resources in another area. So systems are really important, like those day to day like we ship on these days, you know, we had to put those kind of things in place. Uh, this is how we answer this question. Putting those frequently asked questions on the website, just a bunch of infrastructure and you know, setting setting the bar for ourselves. We had to do it because otherwise we would have went.
Speaker 6: Created stuff like hours of operation, like I can't be answering the phone nine o'clock at night and things like that. It's just like not healthy shipping out on you know, certain days, and just having a system for you know, shipping, not writing labels, being able to being able to being able to print them and different things like that, and just you know, putting systems in place, you know, so I could use time to do something else. So now I got shipping handled. Now I'm able to work on marketing. I got marketing handled. Now I'm able to you know, being able to speak on earn your leision like that.
Speaker 4: I like this kid in fact.
Speaker 2: So but not only are you doing that, you're building your own personal brand and you got I guess endorsement deals right, Like can you talk about like investco. So people don't know what investco is, probably, but I know what investco is. I'm in the financial industry. Investco huge financial company, multi billion dollar company, investments, mutual funds, stuff, retirement accounts. So when I heard that you had a partnership with Invesco. That's pretty interesting. Can you talk about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So Invesco reached out to me in early state in one of my early stages in business prior.
Speaker 7: Like was January of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: A year in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so like a year in, they reached out to me and they said, could you shoot us? Could you shoot us an email email back? Like hey, you know, they were just saying, like, we're interested in working with you, could you shoot us an email back? And you know, I called them immediately. I said, forget the email. I'm calling y'all now. So I called them and we came and they came to the house and we did, you know, my first ever like commercial on TV. And this is like a global commercial seeing in worldwide people in all different countries are seeing it. And I was able to do the first commercial with them and their tag on is really investing in greater possibilities and different things like that. And so me working with Investco, they just shown like my my growth with Spurgo. You could see from like the beginning, like my beginning stages from my first commercial to the second commercial. And then we got some more commercials on the way and like you're just seeing a growth like with me and also me just being like a spoke spoke person you know for Investo and Investco just you know, giving me a lot of opportunities and you know, just you know, just really believing in me and being able to capture the growth. And you also do speaking public, speaking with the top with the.
Speaker 3: Top person, the number one guy.
Speaker 4: How did that come?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: I met mister A twenty eighteen. I met, you know, mister E twenty eighteen September. He came to my mentor restaurant, Jordan Johnson Seafood. He came through. I came up to him like, hey, mister mister A, I look up to you a lot. My name is Trey Brown, a twelve year old entrepreneur at the time CEO of my own clothing brand called Spurgo. I got some T shirts. Would you like to support?
Speaker 3: Just like that?
Speaker 6: And I said, would you like to support? He said? He said yeah. He said yeah, I'm gonna get a shirt from me. I said, you need a shirt from his d D he got, you know, he got some Spurgo jerk. We took a video and then the next year that I met him, like he was like he was like so happy to see me because he seen my commercial on CNN, and like we just stayed in connection, you know, ever since then, because I watched mister every day on YouTube and different things like that, and you know, me and mister E, we would text each other and stuff like that. So I would come to every conference, every one percent club and everything like that, so I would mister E would just keep seeing me. Uh yeah, I was paying to go. And then my mom she would volunteer and things like that, so that that's what it was. And then mister he just kept seeing me, seeing me on Instagram and then he let me come speak. My first you know, speaking engagement with mister E was last month in Atlanta and the crowd went like crazy, that's crazy. So that was like that was that was real cool. And now I'm on tour with him. You ain't the bosson me tours, so that's amazing.
Speaker 5: So when you started right when the kids didn't take you seriously, that's one thing.
Speaker 3: What was it like when you.
Speaker 5: Were speaking in front of adults now and you're giving them inspiration?
Speaker 3: What was that like for you?
Speaker 6: Uh, Like, I don't know. I was just like being myself, Like it was just like I didn't I didn't really even notice, Like I think the.
Speaker 7: Hardest part was the kids part that that was the hardest battle for him. I had to you know, I was really encouraging him, like trading, now you're doing something amazing. I think adults always kind of connected with Trade because he's always been really mature and a lot of them were really excited and Trade is just like excited to be, you know, to talk with adults and stuff.
Speaker 2: But the reason why actually if you paid for the conferences. Because so it's another guest that we had on the podcast, alumni Alex Good Energy. I don't know if you know him, but he does trucking and he's connected with ET. He's in the circle. And he was telling us that how he got connected with ET is that he was paying to go to his conferences for a long time and he had like a cruise and he paid like ten thousand dollars to go to the cruise and randomly he didn't pay to meet him. He was just paying because he got value out of it. And he randomly ended up with his business partner CJ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: He was like and he was talking and then the next thing he linked them with ET and the rest is history. Now that business partners, I say that to say, A, you have to be in the mix what we talked about earlier, and B is like, since you got to spend money, Like a lot of times people try to be cheap skates and they don't want to spend money. But it's like, you spend money to put yourself in positions. It might work out, it might not, but you don't know until you're actually in that position. So that's true guests that we've had that's connected with ET, that started with actually going to his conference as customers and not really having any expectation, and then it just kind of worked out organically, so you never know.
Speaker 6: Now, me and mister EO, like we chop it up every We chop it up right every other day. I'm at the gym, he He'll text me, he he at the gym really in the morning. You know, we're just chopping it up updating each other. I still go to the conferences to this day. You know, it's just all about staying connected relationships, keeping relationships like relationships you know, are like way more important. The value is bigger than money and That's why I like the key relationships.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about the online store because that changes it for you, right, it went from being a local brand to a global brand, Like you're shipping out to Germany, you're shipping out to Africa.
Speaker 3: Who's in charge of that? That that part of the business, right, Yes?
Speaker 7: I mean, well, since it's a website that you can connect with anybody around the world and people are just shopping.
Speaker 5: So so I mean from the marketing standpoint, like how is it Instagram that is putting you out in these places or is there something.
Speaker 7: That like So when we do our analytics and we look, one of the top places is like an organic Google search. And then also also I feel like a lot of it comes from the commercial or they seeing the spot it may be on like a celebrity or you know, things like that. And another top spot is and through social media through Instagram.
Speaker 6: And I got so many short documentaries.
Speaker 4: Who did it? Short documentaries?
Speaker 6: I got one with a O L Improvising, I got one with Whistle Sports. I have a lot of Fox Business, even the ceing that commercial is on YouTube. Uh yeah, I got so much like media out so it's like you might just catch.
Speaker 4: Me might even catch you in Tom Square on billboard? How that? How did that come about?
Speaker 6: So somebody has seen the commercial, big shout to mister Tracy. He called me, he said, like, I want to give you with a billboard and Tom Square. I picked up the phone. I said, we're gonna be there Monday. We got there that Monday. We got there that Monday. We like to design the billboard and everything like that. I said a date, and I had got like a charter bus and my family had came out and they saw the billboard and it was like really like a just like you know, a moment of a lifetime to see me up there. You know, they say half a million, they said, they say half a million people like walk past like that billboard every day on walk past Time Square. You know, so just like half a million people, you know, just looking at me, looking at you know, the billboard. It was dope and like my first billboard to be a billboard in the Times Square, Like that's amazing.
Speaker 3: That's a great start, man. Two years, two years.
Speaker 2: A lot could change in twenty four months. So all right, so in the last second, we're gonna talk about the vision going forward with Spargo and the personal brand and everything else that you got going on. All right, so what's next? What's what's the vision to scale the brand? And like what what's the what's the next in line for what's going on with Spurgo.
Speaker 6: So what's next for Spargo is like my goal, you know, my like my goal is for Spurgo to be like a worldwide global brand, Spurgo to be like that positive brand. You know, I want to have a great day. So I'm gonna throwing my Spurgo now, I'm throwing my Spargo wheel sweatsuit. I'm gonna throwing my Spurgo hoodie. And that's how it is like right now, Like you know, anytime like people wanna have a good day, they're gonna throw in these Spurgo shirt. But I just wanted to be like more like more worldwide and more global, Like I'm shipping nationally and internationally every day, but I wanted to be like I'm gonna have distribution centers out London, out Africa and things like that. And also I want Spargo to be in Neiman Marcus and you know the Sacks and uh you know flagship store in Philadelphia. Uh, you know for Spurgo, like I say, like so much Spurgo to be a billion dollar company and then for me, I have so much like on away, like uh, trade Cares. I got a book on the way, and so tre Cares is like.
Speaker 7: It's like it's nonprofit where he has a lot of things on his heart that he wants to kind of you know, take give back and take under his wing. Like one initiative that he's working on. This he wants to like help with like childhood cancer. You know, as a young girl in our community that has cancer and you know, Trey really has a heart for her. So he also has a thing with homeless people. So like trade Cares is going to be his way to give back to the community.
Speaker 5: Now you said the flagship store, man, you want that to be like the monument in Philly that people need to come.
Speaker 6: To, right, So I want to like I want Spurgo. I want the Spargo Store to be like I have to go to the Spargo Store. So like when you come to Philly, it's like, oh, I want to go to the Rocky Steps, but I want to like just take that over, Like I want I want to go to like the Spargo Store.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: So I wanted to be a flagship store, you know, Philadelphia might even just be like the only store the world, like the only spargo store and like probably in just like the USA.
Speaker 3: But that's what we were saying.
Speaker 5: We were like, we've seen that with right when Crenshaw wasn't a place to go, he turned it into Venice Beach. When you go to La now you want to go to Marathon stuff. That's what That's what Spurgo is going.
Speaker 2: So, like, do you have any entrepreneurs that you because I know it's like Milano and she's doing or even like a Virgil a blow, do you have like any people that you like look up to in the fashion game or so.
Speaker 6: Both of them, Like I look up to Milano a lot I look up to I look up to mister Virgil wet so, but I looked up to like a lot of like business people as well, like just more more people more like business people like you know mister like uncle business and they people like we just chop it up like facetiming each other on a regular and things like that. But like a lot of the you know, entrepreneurs and everything, Like I see like a lot what's going on, and I'm just loving like the energy. You know, people are just starting to chase their dreams and everybody is like starting to It's starting to become like a wave a little bit, and it's like a positive wave, Like I'm opening up my business and it's starting to be a cool thing, you know, and I like, I love and I see what you at.
Speaker 3: The forefront, bro, you got the forefront of it.
Speaker 5: That's so you said that these guys were your mentors before they even knew it, right, Like you said Diddy and Damon John. Have you run into Damon John because I know he's doing it in the business world, but he also comes from the fashion word.
Speaker 3: Have you any interactions with him?
Speaker 6: No, I haven't met Damon John yet. I do Guys book, I read it. I watched Shark Tank every night, so he mentoring me. But he just.
Speaker 4: We actually just met him in Miami. I just I just met him in Miami. Just hopefully.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be on the podcast. Well we'll connect the dots when he comes on the podcast.
Speaker 6: All don't be holding out.
Speaker 2: Selection that selection in the game. So what's the full collection for Spurgo? Because you start with T shirts.
Speaker 4: But now you have a full array of unisex clothing, right right.
Speaker 6: So now we have like different Like when I first started, I had you know, T shirts, sixteen white t shirts. Now we have T shirts and different colors, different designs, and we have a full collection sweatsuits, swimwear, footwear, socks, you know, slides, We have body suits for women. We have like, you know, a lot of different headbands, hats, and we got you know, so much on the way.
Speaker 7: What else we got There's a lot of different things on the way.
Speaker 6: But product wise, we got oh yeah, we got under.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be released.
Speaker 2: Who's a designer? Like who designs the like where you want to put the spurgo?
Speaker 6: Like you know me and mom really is just me and Mom is designer and everything.
Speaker 5: So y'all at night, like you're the creative mind behind this whole thing, Like all we're gonna do this color, this rabric.
Speaker 6: That's y'all too, Yeah, Mom, Mom really does a lot of like like Mom does like really like me, all right, So it's like Mom does like a lot of designing. I do like a lot of like like people emailing, I'll email him back.
Speaker 7: He does a lot of forefront stuff. So like, for instance, He'll be like, like he said, Mom, we need some spurgle underwear. So it's like I know about fabrics and stuff like that, so I'll kind of say, well, Trey, do you want this kind of fabric or that kind of fabric? So I'll kind of like give him like a like parameters like and different ideas and say well do you want this or do you want that? Or he'll come to me and say, Mom, we need this and needs to look like this, this, this, and that, and I'll say, all right, well we can put it on this average or this printend I think will be best. So it's kind of like a collaboration of you know, what he wants, the ideas that he want, and then it's like what makes sense.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what the ways that we spoke to him. He was like, listen, it's about putting people around you that can get your ideas into reality.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: He has the ideas and you're like, all right, this is how we put it into right.
Speaker 4: So how do you determine the price points?
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 7: So a lot of times, so like when we first when he first started, like so, my undergrade is in accounting and I was in accounting for six years before I was a teacher. When we when he said he wanted to start a clothing line, he we had like a little business meeting where we talked about profits and laws and things like that. So he kind of like just calculate like what it costs, like everything from the manufacturing to shipping, to packaging to processing and things like that, and then we kind of like multiply words though he can get a profit off of it.
Speaker 2: Dope, dope. Yeah, it's always good to have an in house accounting.
Speaker 5: I'm like, wait, mom is a teacher and an accountant and an entrepreneur and she got two kids that she got to watch, and.
Speaker 4: So do you want it?
Speaker 2: So as far as the business Spargo that's up and running, do you have a do you have goals to start other businesses like separate from Spargo?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 6: So I got like a lot of different businesses in mine. I got a book coming out, and then also just like different businesses, like I want to have a security company, cleaning company, watch security security, you know, because I like it's important everybody needs security.
Speaker 4: Everybody in your circle, everybody.
Speaker 6: And then also, uh, it's like a good business. It's good for business as well, like you could easily get contracted cleaning.
Speaker 2: All your celebrity friends. Though you can just handle it, Diddy, I got you, don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: But so I know you had a lot of mentors right coming up in this game in your in your mind in the next few years, you feel like you're going to be going back doing some mentorship in your community.
Speaker 6: Yes, So that's what That's what I'm working on right now, is just being able to because I know that I can't like talk to everybody personally, but I want to build like I want to build like a network, you know, for kids to you know, come and express like their dreams and how they could turn it into like a business or how they could you know, turn it into you know, some something where.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're still trying to flush it out because Trey gets dms all the time on like what to do next?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, so like what.
Speaker 7: Like how like can you take a look at this or can you you know, so he wants to have like a program where you know, kids can come and like he can spend that time with them and work work through it because the dms are really like.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's a lie so mom, and like because there's a lot of sports parents, right, and like if you if you have a child to play sports, you know, it's a demand, like you got taken the AAU and you got practice and all of that. But it's like to be a business mom and like support your child entrepreneurial dreams. Like what advice can you give to parents to like encourage them, Like if their kid has an idea to start a business, Like you have any tips for parents for that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say, like to trust your kids. You know, sometimes we feel like we have all the information and we have like all the answers, but kids know a lot, you know, they come from a place that we don't come from. Like me and Trey is like a great team because he's actually taught me so much. Because I think as an adult, we kind of experience some things where we're like afraid, or we face rejection or you know, like we we think too much, whereas though Trade is like fearless with a lot of things. And you know, I remember when he's when he talked about me and Meek or whatever, and I was just like, you're not We're not going to ge it up to the line. Because you know, the line was actually wrapped around the corner. I'm like, we're not gonna get there, and you know, Trey just walked his way up to the front and they were like, yeah, hey, spurgo come here, and you know, just having that fearless and you know, just like you know, I want this and I'm gonna go after it. So just trusting your kid, I think that's really important. Kids are smart, you know, they know what they like, they know what they want, and you know, I think sometimes as adults we think we know what's best for them, but we need to give them credit and let them even affirm them and knowing that they know what's best for them.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful to watch because like even when we were at lunch and he was trying to always like yeah, we're gonna eat that, and it was that look like if that's okay with you, mom, there's still that balance there, like, yo, this is but this is my part of right right.
Speaker 7: So I feel like, just let them dream, you know, let them let them and I feel like give them the tools. I know, I feel like I didn't figure life out until I was like thirty ish thirty two, you know, so I spent a lot of years making mist so like I feel like if I can give my kids an opportunity to experience, experiment with different things, you know, to try different things. You know, Trey started off with music. It was expensive being a teacher. We don't make much, so like going to the studio and stuff like yeah, I'm trade, Like Mommy, I need to be in a studio, And I'm like, all right. We went a couple of times. After about the fourth times been at hundreds of dollars, I'm like, trade, we might need to wait a month or two, you know. But like my daughter, she wanted to do like cooking and dance, and you know, like I don't look at it as like a waste of money to allow them to try different things. You know, if I see, you know, a gift in them, and I think they should push further. Like we're not gonna skip and just go to something different, but I'm allowed you to be interested in something, in it and invest in it. You know, we're gonna work it out. You're not gonna quit for any reason. But if it's something there, I feel like maybe you're not gifted in or you don't like, you know, we can't try something else, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that that's a that's apparent's job to nurture your child's dreams and it just doesn't have to be sports and entertainment. That's what we're used to in our communities. It's nothing wrong with that, but it's like their dreams might be to be a journalist or to be exactly a doctor or an entrepreneur, and you gotta give that same nurture that if you're taking your kid to the basketball court at six o'clock in the morning and do drills with them, you gotta do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: We gotta go to the barbershop every Saturday, like we just got to do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was definitely a sacrifice because like those saturdays were my only day off, So it's definitely a sacrifice. But I saw how he was learning like good character skill like traits that you know I would talk about, but it's when he was learning in motion. It was just like stuff that was sticking. I saw him that, I saw him get like hungry, like I saw these great things coming about, and it was just like wow, you know, for me, when it started, it was like, oh, this is cute. You know, this is an opportunity for me to spend time with my kids and you know, do something fun with them. But after I saw after about a month, and I saw that this was something that like it grew in him, like he even wanted to do it, but I saw it grow to be like dream, like his dream got bigger and bigger every week.
Speaker 8: So keeping but before we wrap up, can you give any words to young entrepreneurs Trey that any kids?
Speaker 2: Like, what's your advice for young entrepreneurs kids that may be interested in business?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: Here are like some tips from me. It was like, find your passion. Find like what comes easy to you and hard to others. Find your passion, you know, and run with it too. It's like your network is your networth, Like the people that you anger around, you know, determines like really who you who? Who you're going to be? Like if I hang around five millionaires every day, you know I'm done to be. Like the sixth one third one is just when you get started doing what you're doing, stay consistent at it. Now the like staying consistent and wise man said, if you persistent, you would get it, but if you consistent, you would keep it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: That's that's like that goes back to like the brand, you know, consistency, like when I always had to yeah recognition. Yeah, like brand recognition, Like I always had the same T shirt on, you know, from months straight. You know, that's consistency, like me going out to the barbershops every Saturday. That's consistency. Like it's so easy to get it, but it's easy to drop the ball as well, so you gotta stay consistent. Also just you know, just staying educated. And you know, you can learn in many ways like me school, I can learn learn it from you guys's podcasts. Uh, reading books like Rich Dad, Poor Dad, my book I got coming Out. Uh, you know, education is key. And then last one is like affirm and positive things, Like every single day when I get up, I'm affirming it. I'm gonna have a good day, you like it or not. Like I'm affirming that, I'm affirming. I'm affirming positive things every single day. I'm affirming that I'm building an empire. I'm building a billion dollar brand. I'm building that I'm a happy person. Like I'm affirming everything like that, Like I am happy, i am strong, I'm powerful, I'm courageous, like I am successful. I say that stuff every single day in the morning. So when somebody might talk down on me that like, you know, that don't really affect me because you know self, self love is you know here, love is the best love. So that's my tips, like to up and coming entrepreneurs, up and coming you know, just people that's just trying to find yourself, like find your passion, your network is your networth, staying consistent, staying educated, and affirming positive things a lot.
Speaker 2: Man, Thank you guys, appreciate it. How can people contact you with social media, website all of that information?
Speaker 6: All right? So it's Spurgo Billionaire on Instagram, that's the Spurgo page. But me on Instagram is I, oh, it's I A M TB flames?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Is I A M T B flames? Was he at the end? Also Spurgo Billionaire on Instagram, Spurgo on Facebook, spurg on YouTube, Spurgo on Twitter, spurg on Twitter, Spurgo dot com where you could get your Spurgo drip getting that Spurgo Billionaire I m TV flames, Spurgo on Facebook, Twitter, Spargo dot com or every spargo dot com.
Speaker 5: Trip trip trip Big Drip Troy. Shout everybody on Patreon dot com. Y'all know that's our proud to Pay program. It has a grown shout to all our earners. Man I sent out the message. There was some confusion as to why how to get to e y L University. Everybody should be clear to do that now, Uh, everybody on university. That is a weekly seminar, a webinar. We have three classes a week. We have a mortgage class with MG the mortgage guy, our brother on Mondays. We have the guest webinar on Wednesdays, and Shot myself obviously do our webinar on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: And now we have e y L Espanol that is going to be starting.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we finalized on that, so that's going.
Speaker 5: To be rolled out because we want to make sure that all communities are encompassed in this this financial literacy learning, so we will make sure we tackle everybody. So shout out everybody that's been joining on that and supporting the merch as well. Obviously Shot has the ey L University hoodie. I'm wearing our trademark logo Assets of A Liabilities. So yeah, everybody that's been supporting that, we appreciate and we love you of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Patrio revamped as well as new features is added to Patreon. It's a whole community, so yeah, Patreon, make sure you check that out. That's that's the way to get episodes early our ads, and don't forget subscribe to our YouTube Apple channels. That's important. So yeah, thank you guys rocking with us. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: Peace, peace.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 9: I'm Sherry from Life Source Water. Did you know Bay Area cities add chemicals like chlorine and chloromine to disinfect the tap water on top of contaminants they can't handle, like microplastics and forever chemicals. At Life Source, we believe your water should support your family's health. Our whole house water system filters every drop that enters your home, delivering clean, healthy water to every tap, shower and appliance. Family owned for three generations, we build every system, install it and offer factory direct pricing. So end your water worries and upgrade to the essential home appliance you'll using every day, drink, bathe, cook, and live clean with Life Source Water. Now, we are offering a double dip in savings, free basic installation plus an extra two hundred and fifty dollars off. That's up to twelve hundred dollars in savings. Call our factory at one eight hundred water ninety nine or visit lifesourcewater dot com hurry offer in September thirty. Warranty limitations apply