Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You don't know if you don't lie about that. Right, Hey, y'all, what's up. It's Lauren L. Rosa and this is the latest with Lauren Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is your DELI dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake the room. Baby, now look getting in behind the scenes of the grind. Really briefly, today was.
Speaker 2: An off day for me. I'm gonna be honest with y'all.
Speaker 1: I just, I don't know, just one of them days where it's just.
Speaker 2: Just not on. Is it just off?
Speaker 1: I just couldn't get right about a lot of different things today. And when I have days like this, I'm proud of myself for number one, still like showing up, Because if I had had a regular job that you know, didn't require my presence so much, probably would have called off work, probably would have buried myself in my pillow and just took the off feeling and literally like salked in it. But I was like, you know what, I cannot do that. So my day started off, you know, I was late to work this morning, and then I feel like you know, there were just moments throughout the day where I was just like, not myself and what I'm learning and you know, doing all of this where it's like you give a lot of energy out. You're interacting with people all day. We have, you know, interviews that we do for the Breakfast Club. It's a lot of talking. It's a lot of information, even here on the Latest with Lorn the Roads of the podcast as I'm preparing, you know, to deliver news to you guys, my Lowriders. So sometimes, you know, whenever you have real life things going on or just I don't know, that feeling of like today is just not my day. I'm really trying to get better at claiming my day and not letting my day claim me. And today I hard to do that and I got through. Okay, it didn't look like it has looked in the past. I've had off days in the past on air and oh my god, I like I thought my life was over. I'm like, oh my god, I did so horrible today. This is not and it's not even horrible, y'all, it's just, you know, it's just not my normal. And I felt that another thing too, that you know, I really want to I told myself, you know, this morning, as I was arriving for work and kind of feeling that like anti off pace, you know, moving It happens when you're running late for things and you trying to catch up and the day you feel like the day has already began before you begin. I told myself that I want to start doing more of like centering practices, so like I really want to get into meditation.
Speaker 2: I do a.
Speaker 1: Devotion, So my devotion is normally through worship, through a playlist that I have a Godspel playlist that I have. But a lot of mornings, you know, when I'm rushing and you know, trying to I don't take the time that I should and it matters. So this is my word to anybody out there. It was put on my heart to share the fact that I feel like I had an off day today.
Speaker 2: I didn't have to share this, but it was put.
Speaker 1: On my heart to share it because I feel like two of the things that I'm hearing God say to me that I want to say to somebody out there one of my low riders or a couple of y'all. Number one is discipline. Discipline matters. Discipline matters, Discipline matters, discipline matters, and anything that you were doing. And I think God doesn't give you what you're trying to get to until you have, you know, fully learned the discipline in the boundary setting and you know just everything to make what you already have cohesive and cohesively flow. And you know, I'm learned a lot about boundaries. I'm learning a lot about, you know, what I let pour into my mind, my body, my soul, my spirit because of everything I have to put out to other people, I need to be a lot more protective of that energy.
Speaker 2: But also I'm.
Speaker 1: Learning a lot about how all of that like setting boundaries, you know, creating schedules for myself, sticking to them, not allowing certain thoughts to interrupt my day or own my day because today that I'm off, I'm off, today's off day, I'm running late.
Speaker 2: It owned my day.
Speaker 1: That's all a part of discipline, because it's all a part of your structure and what your structure, what your foundation is, is what flows as you do what you do in the world.
Speaker 2: So those are some things that are put on my heart to share.
Speaker 1: That's how I'm summing up how I feel right now, but we're gonna get on into the latest. Russell Simmons and Coremore Lee Simmons. You guys know because we talked about it here on the podcast. The Latest with Lauryn and Rosa have been going through it. They've had some public back and forth more recently, which is not nothing new for the fam. If I'm being honest with you guys, it's not nothing new at all. But Russell Simmons is throwing in the towel. So Russell Simmons responded back to Komora Lee and her quick bite to People Magazine about not having a relationship with any of her child's fathers, as she alleges, and he says, I gave you fifty thousand dollars a month for twenty years. I was your best slash only friend. I'm the godfather to your other three kids until one day you stole my Stock. They've been going back and forth about Stock and Celsius for some time. Russell Simmons continues and alleges that he's been fighting for his kid's love and his bread every since. He alleges that Komorley Simmons threatened that if he sued her, he would never be able to speak to his kids again, and then he ends this response with there are two sides to every story. So that sparked it back and forth between the two, with Komorley Simmons responding to him outside of you know, because I had spoken to a source close to Komora who you know, told me the two don't have a relationship. They've gone contact lists, according to the source, for about five years now.
Speaker 2: My source also wanted to make it clear.
Speaker 1: They alleged that whatever money Russell Simmons was referring to in that post was court ordered child support from almost a decade ago, because the children are bigger, not a gift, and they allected that has all public information. They also led to that Kimora never told him that he wouldn't see his children if he suitor. From what the source close to Kimor is telling Komorley Simmons is telling me is that the conversation that Kimor tried to have with him was you know, your erratic behavior, because we saw some of the back and forth between him and you know, uh, you know, his family online at one point, and the source close to Komaurley Simmons is saying like that. The conversation was just like, you know, all of this erratic behavior is going to end up in your family and your friends distancing themselves from you. Komorley Simmons then got online and responded to Russell Russell simmons original comment and said, my girls are grown women.
Speaker 2: You know these are lies.
Speaker 1: Why are you typing from thousands of miles away in a non extradition country. Go negotiate and answer your accusers. So now Russell Simmons has responded, and he's choosing peace and love. Okay, BALI is doing him well. He posts a collage of his daughters with him and Komrley Simmons, and he says, I choose forgiveness, love and reconciliation. I want to get the mess behind me. People make mistakes, love them anyway, try to remember the good times and move forward. And he capitalized good times at sixty eight. I'm praying for more good times always, so I wish them the best. I mean, I reached back out to my source close to Komorley Simmons on this because when I saw it, I'm like, I hope that this means, you know, whether it was because of their daughters, you know, initiated by their daughters or initiated from whatever side that they've had a conversation. They are raising two beautiful girls together. I mean, the girls are grown, but they're still their parents, you know what I mean. So there's still a certain level of y'all are connected, you know. But from what I am told, this does not mean that they've had any reconciliation behind the scenes or any conversation.
Speaker 2: So wishing them the best. Now.
Speaker 1: In other news, speaking of things that needed some conversation and potential reconciliation, you guys remember that story of the Astronomer ceo.
Speaker 2: So there's this guy who was a big CEO of this.
Speaker 1: Big company called Astronomer, and he and a woman were out at a Coldplay concert and they went viral on the jumbo tron because they were all buwed up on the jumbo tron. Now, they didn't go viral because they were all bued up. They made the jumbo tron because they were all buwed up. But they went viral because someone recognized the two and realized that this guy, Andy Byron, was the CEO of a company called Astronomer, and this woman, Christine Cabot, was another person who worked for the same company, Astronomers. Now, her title at the time was Chief People Officer, so she kind of worked on like the HR or people side of the company.
Speaker 2: He was CEO.
Speaker 1: Now, the issue with the relationship not just them working together and wondering if there's a issue there. It had been reported that both of these two people were married, and so it was alleged that this was like the secret affair that had got blown up at the Coldplay concert.
Speaker 2: Headlines went crazy.
Speaker 1: Andy Byron, you know, big tech guy from Astronomer, resigned from the company right after the video went viral back in July of this year, and there wasn't much out there about, you know, like where the woman in this situation, Christine Cabot, ended up. But now she is talking to The New York Times and she's revealing some things she went through during the time. So Christine Cabot told The New York Times that she understands that she made a bad choice, but she's saying that they were never dating and they are not dating currently. She alleges that they had a few drinks that night at a concert and made a bad decision to be all brewed up and dancing on each other at a concert. She's blaming it on an alcohol So Christine Cabot tells The New York Times, I made a bad decision and had a couple of high news and danced and acted inappropriately with my boss.
Speaker 2: And it's not nothing.
Speaker 1: And I took accountability and I gave up my career for that, the price I chose to pay, she says, Christine Cabot, I want my kids to know that you can make a mistake, and you can really screw up, but you don't have to be threatened to.
Speaker 2: Be killed for them.
Speaker 1: So again, when this broke, there were a lot of questions here about, you know, whether two still married to their perspective significant others, what was happening where they're going to say, at the company? And I said the company. And then things started to like tumble and unfold. We now know, cause it was like reported briefly, but Andy Byron never fully addressed this part of it, and Christine Cabbot said nothing at the time. But now in the New York Times, she's telling The New York Times that they were both actually separated from their respective spouses, and at the time, the internet didn't know that so because the Internet didn't know that she was dragged as a homewrecker. She told The New York Times that she was stalked by Papa Rozzi, that she received five to six hundred phone calls a day, and that she received a dozen of death threats after the incident unfolded. She even went on to continue to tell The New York Times that Astronomer, which was the tech company that they were both working for, told her that she actually could have returned to her role, because.
Speaker 2: That was the question.
Speaker 1: Like, I was in contact with Astronomer at the time they sent me over the statement when Andy Byron decided to resigned, and then you know, talking about the new person who would kind of take over his role. But they never answered my questions about Christine Cabin and what her future at the company looked like. But now we know that they offered her her job to keep her job and return to her role, but she says that she thought it was best for her to leave her career at this time. She tells The New York Times she has not yet returned to work in all of these months, and she admits that a lot of her professional connections turned their back on her and don't want anything to do with her.
Speaker 2: Listen, If you ain't learning nothing from this episode today.
Speaker 1: Please just be very mindful about who you get your body, your energy, and your spirits to. Okay, period like at all. Discipline, discipline, discipline. Now, in the beginning of this episode, that's what I was talking to you guys about discipline. For me, it's more of like a time thing and just realizing I can't save the world. Okay, I can't. I can't solve everybody's problems, and when I take the time to try and do it, I'm taking time away from something I.
Speaker 2: Should be figuring out from my dang self. Okay.
Speaker 1: But we ended with talking about a different type of discipline. You can call it the d discipline, the kiddy discipline. Yeah, make me, I mean, things happen, mis stakes happen, all of that. But if you gotta make a choice, please choose peace, Please choose yourself.
Speaker 2: Please choose to I don't know, just choose to not.
Speaker 1: And if you're gonna do it, don't do it at a Cold Play concert where the jumbo tron can hit you at any point.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it, that's all.
Speaker 1: I'm Laura Rose that this has been another episode of the Latest with Laura Rosa. You're daily dig on all things culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations.
Speaker 2: Shaking the room baby. At the end of each episode, I always.
Speaker 1: Remind you, guys, y'all could be anywhere with anybody listening to all of these things, but y'all choose to be right here with me. I appreciate you, guys, my Lowriders. I will see you in my next episode.