Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move.
Speaker 1: You can do that today with the Pride of the University of Virginia. Emily GRAFAA, proces asset.
Speaker 3: Reporter for Bloomberg News.
Speaker 1: Emily, what are you looking at today?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm looking at shares of Dominion Energy. I'm one of the biggest movers in the stock market today. The ticker is just d got it, single ticker puppeted one exactly. The stock is up about ten percent right now, highest level since twenty twenty two. On some deal news, Next Era Energy agreed to buy the utility company in an all stock transaction valued at about sixty seven billion dollars. So we are seeing Next Era shares falling. The combined company will operate under the name Next Era Energy. I hope I'm saying that right. I think Next Era, Next Era, Next Era.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 3: It's going to trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker ne Couple analysts morning though, talking about how it's not a done deal. There are still some regulatory hurdles that this needs to clear. Bloomberg Intelligence specifically saying that this acquisition of Dominion would create the largest US electricity utility holding company, but it could face a difficult approval process given next to eras prior utility m and a setbacks. So watching for that.
Speaker 1: All right, So massive massive MNA deal to start this week. Next up on your list.
Speaker 3: We're generon. So these shares are down about eighteen percent year to date and down about eleven percent today. This, of course, is a biotech company, the ticker r e g N. A big move down today, the shares tumbling on a key late stage melanoma study a failure. This was coming late on Friday. But they've had a series of challenges for the US biotech and the latest one this failure of this melanoma study.
Speaker 2: Got it all right.
Speaker 3: Last one's Hive Digital Technology.
Speaker 1: So were these people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so this is a smaller cap company, but I wanted to flag it because the shares are currently up about twenty eight percent. This is a cryptocurrency mining firm, the ticker Hive. They said this morning that their cloud and data subsidiary buzz HPC is building a three hundred twenty one mega want ai data center in Toronto. Listen, this is something that we've seen a couple other cryptomners do. They're like trying to get into data centers and it's something that the equity investors seem to like, and we're seeing that this morning.
Speaker 1: I know, but everyone jumps on this bandwagon. At some point you're kind of like, really.
Speaker 3: You just don't want to be the last one. Yeah, exactly. But yeah, they have a lot of infrastructure, they like have this capacity. I guess they have the.
Speaker 2: Power to it goes up.
Speaker 1: Let's sell some stuck. Yeah, it's a game of musical chairs right when the music socks, just make sure you.
Speaker 2: Have a c the Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.