Speaker 1: This show contains terrifying, shocking, and haunting stories that some listeners may find disturbing or offensive.
Speaker 2: It's one thirty am. You're driving down a dirt road on the sixty two. Not a soul in sight, just you and the desert night. But wait, you hear a signal off from the distance. It's faint, but it grows louder. Is it the howl of a coyote, the hiss of a king's snake, or the voice of a man guiding you toward a great darkness? From my heart? Radio and overtones media, You're listening to YFT two FM, the only sound you'll hear in the sleepole Valley. I'm Dixon Lewis, your lone companion for the night, and I've got a new batch of stories to keep you up as you drive down the dusty, desolate highway. Sadie is unhappy with her job and needs to work a second gig as an escort to pay the bills and escape her reality. She finally has enough to quit her side hustle, but she needs to meet with one more client, a stranger who pushes her beyond her limits. This is Carnal by so Young Shelley.
Speaker 3: Yo, Milso Life Insurance.
Speaker 1: This is Sadie. How I help you today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been trying to get someone on the line.
Speaker 4: For hours now.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Sure, that's sir. I can help you, know.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well I was recently let go and I can't really.
Speaker 1: Sorry one second, sir, I'm sorry, sir. Could I put you on a quick hold?
Speaker 5: You've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 4: I've been holding for the past two hours.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 4: So I've been a customer for over fifteen years.
Speaker 1: I know I'll be very quick.
Speaker 4: I don't care how quick it'll be.
Speaker 1: I need help now, of course, of course, Please just hold out.
Speaker 4: Could I talk to your manager? What did you say to me?
Speaker 1: Nothing? I'm sorry, sir.
Speaker 6: I can help you for it, sir. Please, I can help you now. Hello, sir? Are you still there?
Speaker 7: Shit?
Speaker 8: Can's lean the cement bricks? Thy beast? One nice.
Speaker 1: Man? Fuck this place, some asshole. We're reporting me to management?
Speaker 8: Damn again?
Speaker 1: Are we doing something wrong? Everyone else has taken off with their lives. Well we're stuck here answering calls.
Speaker 8: It could be worse, at least forgot us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, let's grab a drink.
Speaker 1: Tonight, I can't. I'm working con you're still doing that, Bill, It pays like five times when I make here. Tonight, I'm meeting this new guy and supposedly he's like super loaded, but I miss his cold because of that asshole.
Speaker 8: I mean, still, what if you get hurt?
Speaker 1: It's better than this shit.
Speaker 8: LUs kind of like it, seriously.
Speaker 1: Mice good, but more than that. So one time I feel in control.
Speaker 7: Like no one can die.
Speaker 8: You're wild.
Speaker 1: You should try it.
Speaker 8: No, thank you, I actually think you like it. No, I'm good. I'm good. You know there are other ways not for me.
Speaker 1: Bill, don't get mad at me. Okay, I put in my two weeks. I leave from New York next month.
Speaker 8: You're serious.
Speaker 1: I was gonna tell you sooner, but things got crazy.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean we're gonna stop being friends. Okay, we'll keep in touch.
Speaker 8: What you know, last time you said that you stopped answering my calls.
Speaker 1: I was switching plans.
Speaker 8: You kind of called me for three months.
Speaker 1: I forgot your number.
Speaker 8: But you remember when you ran out of money? No whatever, saidy just god luck wherever you go.
Speaker 1: Bill, Hey, stop stop, Look, Okay, I know I messed up. Back then. But hey, I won't do that again. You believe me, right, Yeah, give me your hand. I promise I won't leave you. Oh shit, what is it?
Speaker 9: It's him, Sadie.
Speaker 1: Hi, you must be Francis. Nice to meet you.
Speaker 10: Nice to meet you. How old are you?
Speaker 1: How old do I look?
Speaker 10: Seventeen?
Speaker 1: I'm twenty four.
Speaker 10: You're older than you look.
Speaker 8: You're so disappointed they promise someone younger.
Speaker 1: Well, I give be seventeen fifteen, Hey fourteen if you want me, seriously, whatever you want, I'm all yours. You like this job, yeah? It feels new every night. Plus I get to meet men like you and your boyfriend. I don't have a boyfriend.
Speaker 10: Parents.
Speaker 1: I don't talk to them. Siblings, Nope, just me, what about you?
Speaker 4: Just me?
Speaker 1: Well, cheers to us. It's getting kind of loud.
Speaker 9: You want to go upstairs before we go up front, so you know I'm not bullshitting. Wow, a little bit more than what we discussed. A lot for a special request.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 10: I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do anything unless I know what it is is.
Speaker 10: That's fine. We could end it here. They should cover the drinks.
Speaker 1: You can keep the change, double it and I'll do it.
Speaker 10: If you insist, you can take off the blindfold.
Speaker 1: Where are we?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 10: The fuck You'll get used to this now?
Speaker 1: What are we doing here?
Speaker 10: I want to show you something.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is.
Speaker 9: It's fresh. It's just a few are years old. I picked her dress for you. Are you ready for what? Tasted?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: This is a human being?
Speaker 10: Was it was a human being? No, she's just a piece of means here. Okay, a peace for you? Tasted.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 10: I'll go first.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving.
Speaker 11: Let me out.
Speaker 10: I don't think so.
Speaker 11: Please let me go.
Speaker 9: I will as soon as you take a bite.
Speaker 11: Fuck you who?
Speaker 9: I really don't want to hurt you.
Speaker 7: What do you want?
Speaker 9: Like I said, have a taste, here's my end of the bargain.
Speaker 10: Oh, Cash, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not right.
Speaker 10: There is no right or wrong. It's a dead body. It's just meat.
Speaker 1: What if someone sees.
Speaker 10: Or I could, Sadie, No one is going to know. Don't think about it.
Speaker 12: Just do it.
Speaker 10: You need to bite down, Sadie. Try again.
Speaker 4: More.
Speaker 10: Okay, don't stop. Thank you.
Speaker 2: We'll be back with our broadcast after these messages.
Speaker 13: Okay, hey, okay, your.
Speaker 3: Phone also, life insurance is a Sadie, How I help you?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hello, you there.
Speaker 5: It's good to hear your voice against Sadie.
Speaker 1: Huh, how did you find me?
Speaker 4: It's not that hard.
Speaker 10: I'm meeting up with the others tonight.
Speaker 4: I'd like to introduce you others. There's a small group of us who indulge in this taste, or a family. We take care of each other.
Speaker 1: We look yesterday was a one time thing.
Speaker 10: Don't lie to yourself, Sadie.
Speaker 5: I know you enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: No, if you're wrong, it's a shame. Don't call me again.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. What do you mean, well, now that you know, I can't let you do that easily, Sadie.
Speaker 13: What Let go get some fresh hair here? Come on, I got you. That's okay.
Speaker 8: Let's with you today, Sadie. Talk to me.
Speaker 1: You were right. I'm trying to taken this job.
Speaker 8: What do you mean Francis called me?
Speaker 1: Francis guy from last night?
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Hey, you can tell me, Sadie. I don't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: No, No, I can't.
Speaker 8: All your phone. Let's call him.
Speaker 1: I tried. It's disconnected.
Speaker 8: Okay. Then I'll call him police.
Speaker 1: No, wait, stop, what are they gonna do? I don't know anything about him? Oh my god, I'm fucked.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's okay, okay, all right, what am I going to do? Just eric, just go home and get some rest. Hi, I'll look into it.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, can you stay at my place tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Of course, all right?
Speaker 7: Come on, who is it?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 8: You're doing okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little better?
Speaker 8: Yeah? What happens to your arms?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, some kind of rash, sadie.
Speaker 8: Let's go to some home.
Speaker 1: I'm not leaving this room, okay, all.
Speaker 8: Right, at least let me get you some tree then. Yeah, I make this for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's okay, drink, I'll calm you.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: So, did some digging at work and looked for your last call.
Speaker 1: And did you find him?
Speaker 5: Your last call is a ninety three year old woman from Georgia.
Speaker 1: But I heard him. It was him, I.
Speaker 8: Think, Yeah, I believe you.
Speaker 10: Look.
Speaker 8: I hope you find him. Okay, we'll figure it out together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Yeah, and let me get.
Speaker 11: Your cup.
Speaker 8: Here. I'm here so tonight.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do is relax, okay, yeah, good, Just close your eyes, take a nap.
Speaker 8: I'll just keep watching.
Speaker 7: It's him.
Speaker 1: How did you find me?
Speaker 4: Which would do? My God?
Speaker 1: He's about to break open.
Speaker 8: The door and let me try to reason.
Speaker 11: This guy's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: It's the second door to your left.
Speaker 8: Still this, don't worry say that. I'll keep you safe.
Speaker 10: Just stay back, step back, Bill? What is she doing back there? Come here, Sadie.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's a roller up. She's already tense.
Speaker 1: Bill, what's going on? You guys know each other?
Speaker 9: Oh? I met Bill a few months ago. Back then he was a shell of a person. You needed a friend, so I brought him into our family.
Speaker 1: Bill, is this true?
Speaker 10: He left me, Sadie?
Speaker 1: Was I suppose I would have helped you.
Speaker 10: You know it.
Speaker 8: You act all innocent, but you and you left me. I lost everything.
Speaker 5: But then I'm at Francis and he showed me the truth who I am, not just what they want us to.
Speaker 4: Be, but all of it.
Speaker 8: And that's when I realized I wanted you here with me, and it's not. Then it's done.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Bill, it's too.
Speaker 8: Late, Sadie. I gave you a chance, but you are what you always were, a coward.
Speaker 1: Hey, please pay listen. I promise I won't leave.
Speaker 8: I know, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do to me?
Speaker 8: I don't worry. You won't feel the thing.
Speaker 9: They're still nobody, but.
Speaker 10: Try not to move you all with yourself.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, would you.
Speaker 8: Put in the tea you were shaking? Sadie relax.
Speaker 10: Stressed me. Doesn't taste this, bitch. Now, let's get started.
Speaker 12: M No late, Sadie, to find you Tuesday. Your family and friends, everybody knows you.
Speaker 8: I was old you had you.
Speaker 10: He gave you a chance. Now'll stay still.
Speaker 9: Shut the night ship.
Speaker 1: Look Bill. Her friends said, fuck more word, fuck there you crying?
Speaker 11: Come here, Tom.
Speaker 1: I'm not a coward anymore? Am I?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Carnol is written and directed by So Young Shelley Yo. The executive producers are James Kim and Taylor Chacoyne. Erica Huang is a producer. Diego Perez is producer and lead sound designer. Alssina Saue Nozari provided additional sound designer. Daniel Martinez is a production sound mixer. Matthew Wong is a composer. Theme music by Ryo Baum and Robert Garova. Artwork by Justin d. Lee This episode was recorded at Hobby Shop West in Highland Park, Los Angeles. Michael Elainek is a production sound mixer. Katerina Lopol plays Sadie. John O'Brien plays Gavin, Paul Sayir plays Bill, Teddy Lee plays Francis. You Feel In This Too is a production of iHeart Radio and Overtones Media