Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna and Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to and that's what you're in this podcast.
Speaker 1: Christmas EP draft. This neely draft I'll ever do in my whole life, Kevin, fantasy Glee music. That's my dream draft. So today we are revisiting the Glee Christmas covers to build our ultimate Glee Christmas EPs each of us. Yeah, so it's five songs each. We're gonna little fantasy football style draft.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so in order to decide who go who gets to pick, we'll do rock paper scissor.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this like a like a rock paper scissors shoot or rock paper you do it on scissors? What do you do? Rock paper scissors shoot? Okay? Raddy, Oh yeah, oh all right, we're do it. No, well, we're gonna do ourcisors and we'll start picking like one song at a time. Whoever wins this. We know what the number one pick is going to do, like I'm Kevin, Yeah, we know the number one draft pick will be god resty married gentlemen, I know. So who we're we're basically shooting for that one and then the last up for grabs, and done. By the end, we'll each have like a five song Christmas EP and then you all have to decide which one is better, and then we'll just post the track list. We should also just make like playlists of like our favorite Glee Christmas songs. Yeah, maybe that's what we should do. Yeah, and then after that we're going to talk about which songs we didn't get you to that we should have done. Yeah, we're ones that we did that should have been in the episode. Oh yes, do you know what I mean? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, right, let's get to it. A little rock, paper scissors, raw paper, scissor that show.
Speaker 1: Scissor paper, you win, loser, whatever, Jenna, You're a loser.
Speaker 2: I'm picking Jenna's list. I'm picking God Rest Mary, gentlemen for my first EP song.
Speaker 1: Oh God so bitter? Okay, my pick will be Angels you have heard on high?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's a really good one.
Speaker 1: I know. Was that performed? No? Okay, got it should have been? Yeah? My pick will be all I want for Christmas? Is you okay? I didn't want memory? Great? Oh Holy Night? I love this is my shower song? Is it? I know you've said this before, but can I plant something out about this song? Yeah, if you go to second like when you're listening to it, if you go to the forty sixth second mark, there's like a melodine glitch, like a vocal correction glitch, and like Leah obviously does not need it. Yeah, so I don't know what was happening. Once it gets past that, it's a jam. But like at forty six seconds, Oh interesting, it's like a full like autotuny glitch. Obviously autotune, but you know, you know what I mean. But holy night, when you get to the end of that song, Leah has maybe never sounded better. Oh yeah, no, no, I mean, hands down, it's a really good Yeah. Okay, what's your third pick? I'm going with? Do you hear what I hear? Oh that's a good one. I did have that as an option of mine. What was the one you wanted, Santa Baby? Oh that's a good one. M hm mm hmm. Okay, so we beat picked what? Three? Three? Okay? Really fast?
Speaker 2: Give me a second. I just need to look through this one more times a little slower, you know what. This one rocks the first Noel by Marley.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good pick. I'm going to do I'm going to do joy to the world. Oh I knew that was that's the one I meant the angel yow, that's the one I like singers. No, do you hear what I hear is so good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is awesome. I'm going to put all this on after we finished my next Is this my last one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know? Should we do six six each? Okay, I'm making this one for fun for reasons. No, don't have fun because I was taking a fun one.
Speaker 3: No, I want to have fun, damn it. Okay, Oh no, okay, my fun one is okay.
Speaker 1: Oh is this five? Yeah? This is fine. I really like we need a little Christmas. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that. It makes me okay. I love your voices on it, like it just you also so bright and happy.
Speaker 2: And Kathy Lee Gifford did a version of that, and that's what I was copying.
Speaker 1: I was emulating that version when I recorded that song. So just you know, my God, you know, I know we talked about a lot on God Rescy marry gentlemen. All of you sound so good on that. You really do. Just the ladies we never get to sing together. No, I just always a fun one. Okay, what's your last one? I'm still so pissed you got Christmas wrapping and God rescy married gentlemen. I'm going with a little drummer boy. Oh already special? Wow? Yeah, that's sweet. I had none of mine on here? Okay, what's your last what's your special bonus number? My bonus one is I was between two. Okay, I was between jingle Boys jingle Bells the Boys because I do really like that song. Good one. But then I realized I had never heard Naya's version of Silent Night. I know, I almost have you heard it? Oh yeah, I think I've never heard of that one? What so that is definitely okay? It's yeah, yeah, I almost okay, I almost take that one. Review What are your six? It starts with God, rusty merry gentlemen. Then it goes to all I wanted for Christmas is you, and it's do you hear what I hear? First? Noel, Christmas wrapping A little drubber boy. That's really good, It's really solid. Okay, mine is Angels. We had heard on high, We have heard on high. Holy Night, Santa Baby, Yeah, joy to the world. We need a little Christmas and silent night. Yours is better. I don't know. You have Christians wrapping and God rest? I think that. Can we just for fun.
Speaker 2: Merge our two and pick the five best from our our grouping?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, where's yours? I can't see it? Oh? I well, I made it in a separate thing so you can see mine beforehand, and you couldn't copy and put it in comment? Yes, okay. Did I share a Google doc and I was hiding it from her because I didn't want to choose mine. Okay, this is my list that I was considering, so I didn't get all these.
Speaker 2: Okay, I say we go with We start with God, yes, rest, you marry gentleman?
Speaker 1: Right then? I think we need angels. Angels we have heard on high? We have heard on high? Can you hear? Oh? Man? This is hard. It's sort of like do we do do you hear what I hear? Or Joy to the world? I think, do you hear what I hear? I think? Yeah? I think so, Okay, I think we do Christmas rapping and maybe holy Night? Holy Night? Yeah? I like holy Night in Santa Baby, Yeah, holy Night. Oh, I don't know. No, holy Night. It's really good. I know it's top top. Yeah, I think holy Night? Okay, maybe Angels we have heard on High? Or do you hear what I hear? We have to switch between? I don't know. This fels good? Well, okay, hold on, what else do you have on your list? All I want for Christmas? First Noel Drummer Boy. Yeah, that's it. I want to add a sixth song ad one. But okay, is it Santa Baby or is it we need a little Christmas? I think Santa Baby, Santa Baby? Yeah, all right, let's see Santa Baby. So that's right. So that's our merch list? Yeah, I think that's so. God rest you merry gentlemen. By the girls? Do you hear what I hear? By you? Angels? Angels we Have Heard on High by Mercedes, Christmas by Brittany Brittany, Holy Night by Rachel and stab Santa Baby with Santana? Yeah, solid, that's really good. Okay, But I will say, if we had to choose between yours and mine, I honestly I'm fifty to fifty on it. I don't know. I don't know. I think yours just a slight edge pushes us over the finish line. Do we have to pick. I don't know. You guys pick them, you guys pick, I don't know, just post them all up, but you don't get to. Now. There are a bunch of songs that quintessential Christmas songs pop songs of this season that we never did, Uglee and I have a few that I feel like we should have done, like more modern classics. Yeah, well, number one, the fact that nobody talked about Christina Aguilera's Christmas album is ICUs. Yes, not that I know, no.
Speaker 2: And I could not have pulled off any of her songs, but we know a few people who could have, and so somebody should have done that.
Speaker 1: But that a is so good. Underneath the Christmas Tree by Kelly Clarkson, why was not done? Modern classic? Like, I think that is the only like really modern classic that is as good as all the other ones. I think there's some really great ones. Well okay, sorry, Ryan Carrey's obviously that's already classic, right, like we did that, that's already yeah. Yeah, I think Underneath the Tree is the next one. Yeah. I think one of my favorite Christmas songs is This Christmas by Donnie Hathaway, like unbelievable. I absolutely think we should have done that. I don't. Oh yeah, and those Christmas Yeah, why do we ever do that? Why didn't already ever do that? This song? Why did this? Is Christmas? To me? That song? Yes, this Christmas is Christmas? Ye? So underneath the tree this Christmas? Donny Hathaway Santa tell me about Ariana. Okay, wait, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You beat me? Do it? Okay, beat me do it.
Speaker 2: That's literally I was going to say. Next is because I listened to this Christmas album. It's just like on default on my Spotify and it's the first one that comes up. So like every morning I hear Ariana saying, Santa tell.
Speaker 1: Me another great modern classic? So good. I feel like everybody wants to have all the one for Christmas? Is you right? And I and I think Kelly Clarkson arian and held it Nail, they got it. Anything they do together or separately is just gold. Have you have you heard DJ play Christmas song by share? It's great, It's great. I might be biased because a couple of my friends wrote it. But what I think that is the best like Christmas song to come out within the past couple of years. Okay, okay, I'll listen to it. I love CS Christmas album. I don't think I've listened to that one either, but who on Selene's Christmas album? Nobody touched Selene's Christmas album. Hello, Clay Aikins Christmas Album, I wish we did. We've talked about this before. What is my favorite? What is your favorite Christmas song of all time?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know. That's like, I'll help you tell me. Mine is White Christmas Dreaming of the Why. But I also love Clay Aikins version of Mary Did you know? It's unbelievable? It is so good. Also, I wish we did so, like any of CIA's Christmas album, she has like a whole bunch of original Christmas songs and they're great and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by in sync obviously that would Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song and my that's actually that's one feel like it's when it's done while it's done really well and there's nothing you can be that's like, I just play it for me all the time, like anybody can do it. I want you to play Leah's version of it and just enjoy that, you know, I will, I know I know it's good. I've heard it. I just this marriage did you know is unhinted? Kevin? I oh girl, get to the end. He held it. He holds out a note for about eight years. Okay, wait where are you? Christmas? By Faith Hill also a classic for me.
Speaker 2: Oh so I met so many times in my shower like that's just are you That's what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Is that from the Grinch? Yes? Also wonderful Christmas time, but Palm McCartney's great. Oh yeah. When I was in high.
Speaker 2: School, I went to a Catholic high school, and so we had a liturgy before the end of the year, before Christmas, like the Christmas Break, and mister Corasy was our teacher, and he looked like a beatle like his hair. He was tall and skinny, and he would.
Speaker 1: Pull out his guitar is a acoustic guitar at liturgy and we would all come up.
Speaker 2: The choir, of course, our select choir, which is like blee, and we would sing.
Speaker 1: Wars over oh yeah, so this.
Speaker 2: Is Christmas and we would all sing it and it was like, it's when I hear that, it just takes me back to that time. But I was like, we're such a cool Catholic high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, but it was I love that song too. I love so this is Christmas great? This was great. So you guys vote on those lists because we can't. We We've whittled down to attached a small as we could and that's that's where it lies. But uh, and let us know if we miss anything, like what are your favorites? Yes? Like what do the people like? What did we miss?
Speaker 2: So we have a few holiday episodes on the way for you guys, but recaps are done for this year, so yay end of twenty twenty five, but we will be back on January fifth for the pilot of smamh do you like God?
Speaker 1: Over the Break?
Speaker 2: Watch some smash I will be watching. I don't remember this pilot very well, so I'm very excited to my watches. So that's your first assignment of twenty twenty six, So enjoy that over the break and thank you for such a wonderful year. Happy twenty twenty five Christmas everybody, what and.
Speaker 1: We'll see you in twenty six. Yeah, we've got to know a lot.
Speaker 2: And more episodes coming for you guys, so enjoy those. But thanks for the last recap and for this little Christmas special. We hope you guys enjoyed it and see you soon.
Speaker 1: That's what truly missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.