Speaker 1: It's nine O gen one ogen with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling here ye herey. Let this s end as a public apology for last week's episode.
Speaker 2: Done up. Last week's episode was juicy.
Speaker 1: You loved it, you loved it. I listen. I'm only apologizing because we were supposed to talk about the season finale, mister Walsh goes to Washington Part one and part two, and we didn't talk about hardly any of it.
Speaker 2: Well that's why they know that we're best friends in Yan and Yang, because you are a task master. You like to stand track, and I'm like, let's go off here, let's talk on that.
Speaker 1: Let's go to something shiny exactly.
Speaker 2: Ooh squirrel.
Speaker 1: Okay, So without further ado, let's just get into it, hey, because I gotta keep you on the rails, right, Amy, Okay, Yeah, I mean I want to know think all right. Season four, episode thirty one, Mister Walsh Goes to Washington, Part one and Part two, aired May twenty fifth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Donna is destroyed when David gets caught making love. That was not in Olmo. That was doggie style, not doggy style. She was writing him like a cowboy.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Kelly and Brandon are feeling the love in DC. Jesse becomes a proud papa and Andrea becomes a proud mama. Dylan hands over a fortune too conniving Kevin and Brenda says bye bye to Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Directed by Michael Lang once again, written by Steve Wasson and Jessica Klein and Charles Rosen.
Speaker 3: And there is so much to discuss because I don't even did you even talk about Steve and Celeste.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about any of it.
Speaker 3: We just synopsis where do we pream?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's like, there's Claire and Lucinda and oh boy, it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Would you call this.
Speaker 3: Joanna Paget.
Speaker 2: Through act? It felt like an old love Boat episode where they would have so many stars on each episode. This was like our nine O two and over and it was all the stars of the past. Let's talk about the most.
Speaker 1: Boring part of the episode.
Speaker 3: First, there are you. There isn't a most boring part.
Speaker 2: Which was the most boring to you?
Speaker 1: The financial discussions?
Speaker 2: Okay, same go Yeah, you mean think Jim.
Speaker 1: With Jim and when they have that meeting with Dylan and everybody in the meeting. Did you guys notice everybody in the meeting is wearing a brown suit? And I was like, oh my god, eureka, no wonder. I'm so bored by money talk because look at this scene, it's like brown.
Speaker 3: So okay, but let's play through that whole storyline. I think it is big because we get the reveal that this has all been a root.
Speaker 1: We all knew that was coming, but that must gave it away, did Yeah?
Speaker 3: So okay. Do you believe though, that Erica is his sister? Is that her name?
Speaker 1: The sure? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We we do, we do?
Speaker 2: I So I don't think. I sadly don't think she is his sister, but I think that's okay. They're bonded, like she could be a sister for life. Yeah, like I want them to be together, yeah, no matter what. He's like a big brother. Yeah. And I want her away from those horrific people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Your your experience with her is is not done. I can't believe you guys can't remember. But yeah, we see her again, I think soon and then years later.
Speaker 2: Oh like on the other nine O two and now No, I'm just kidding. I imagine this but she's played by.
Speaker 3: A different person. I'm pretty sure because she's the next time, she as like a teenager, a troubled teen.
Speaker 2: It's all coming back to, Yeah.
Speaker 3: She lives with I don't want to write it, alls of it. So anyway, what did you guys think though? With the gum and her note and then it falls on the ground.
Speaker 1: And well, I was just like, that's not a very efficient way to get a message acrossed.
Speaker 2: Erica just panic. She's a kid, yes, pretty smart in her Yeah, but what you want her to do?
Speaker 1: Do you think anybody ever finds that note?
Speaker 2: Did you want her to write help and feces on the window? Yeah? I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like sneak out it's the first time we see Dylan's address, just so you know it's on that note.
Speaker 2: Oh what was it? Amy, Let's look the stuff up.
Speaker 3: I think it's like four or five six six rose something. Someone will find it. I'm sorry, didn't she thinks, But.
Speaker 1: This does interests you though?
Speaker 2: You love this stuff?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I zoomed in and zillowed it, which I wanted to see if it was this an actual address, right, But it wasn't. Dylan. I wanted to get the value of that. So did you guys think dunk dunk dum?
Speaker 1: No? More like.
Speaker 2: I was a little bit happy the stories over. I'm sorry, Okay.
Speaker 1: We're so brutal sometimes I'm sorry, but I'm just it's our opinions.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am on the show.
Speaker 1: I love Dylan, and but this is boring me and it's making me bored of Dylan and everything that comes out of his mouth.
Speaker 2: Right because he deserves a spicier storyline, that's what we want for him.
Speaker 3: True, that's true. I thought Jim was aggressive. It's like, Jim, you didn't get the deal, Like, you don't need to be so.
Speaker 1: Hate Yeah, slow your role there.
Speaker 2: Like fire Dylan, he has moments throughout the series where he gets real hot. Sometimes I seem like it. I find him sexy. After four seasons, I just have to know.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to say I haven't seen his chest hair lately, okay, And that's what keeps me coming back.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, did you like when he was hot and bothered?
Speaker 1: And really no, no, I didn't like that side of him character.
Speaker 2: Since season one, she's cooled off on him. I'm just gonna say I've noted.
Speaker 3: It well and I have a flag on the play is that if he's supposed to be like Dylan's money manager, like he's supposed to be his whatever, he is, like his guy that protects Dylan, then he didn't do his due diligence too well obviously into Kevin, because Kevin's a total you know, scam artist.
Speaker 1: I mean, how much research would have taken for him to find out this guy was not legit.
Speaker 2: And all about Suzanne? Why didn't he check Kevin.
Speaker 3: Well? And how was Dylan able to have the money, because I thought Jim controls the money, So how is Dylan able to just give him Lord knows how much?
Speaker 1: Well, didn't Jim fired him? Yep?
Speaker 3: Oh did the firing happen first?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right for the money you too? Yeah? He job wo.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's not that good though, because he was ready to invest in that fool's scam.
Speaker 1: So that was a cliff that is in itself a cliffhanger. Will they take all of Dylan's money or will Dylan get his money back?
Speaker 2: Or I just want to see Dylan make out with someone. I don't want to talk about his money. You guys done with this money thing?
Speaker 3: Okay, what's your your next most boring storyline.
Speaker 2: I hate saying, don't you say it?
Speaker 1: Okay, the baby? You were going to say the baby, weren't you?
Speaker 2: I was going to say the baby?
Speaker 1: What were you going to say? The baby?
Speaker 3: They didn't give it that much.
Speaker 1: Okay, But is that was that a real baby in the incubator like sometimes when they first Okay, there's so many problems I had with this. Those your gloves, no mask, it's in the nick. You you can't just stick your bare hand in the hole in that thing. Andrea, you gotta put a glove on.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that unless they let you touch the baby with your hand because it's like skinned to skin and they want that whole thing. Yeah, maybe there were a lack of masks.
Speaker 2: I do think the mother wants properly scrubbed up, can stick the hand.
Speaker 1: In she can't. Yeah, I would buy that.
Speaker 3: Did you think during the dramatic scene when there was like the code, the code, that that was Hannah, Because remember they sort of are at the window and then they say, I feel guilty. Is it bad to say that? I'm glad that's not Hannah. You just said Hannah for the first times.
Speaker 1: Thank you for reenacting it. Yes, I was worried that was her, but it wasn't. So then I was unworried real quick. It's like they're gonna be excellent parents.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure, yeah, well until he oh, don't.
Speaker 1: Say it, we say I'm not.
Speaker 3: That's rough actually and also out of character. But we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: I you know, I've got to be honest. This is and I think Mark is a great actor. I wish when he came down the hallway and the friends are all like, what's happening. I know he just went through hell and the baby. You know early it was premature when to the nick you I he's sit like he sent. I sensed that he was devastated, but I didn't send a joy at all of a new parent. And that's just I'm not critique exactly. I personally didn't feel that from him. I feel like the whole time he was just so and I guess that can happen too. He was so stressed. He didn't have a moment, but I don't know, just too worried. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I feel like he doesn't want to get attached, he doesn't want to be happy because he's afraid the baby's not going to make it.
Speaker 3: That's why he doesn't say Hannah until the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: Then it tracks.
Speaker 3: I just I will say I feel for her that if you have to leave the hospital before your baby, did you have to do that ever, Toy, that would be very, very terrible.
Speaker 2: I know many women out, Yeah, that's brutal, and then have to come and visit them.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually felt for them the most on that. I'm like, that is terrible. Fun fact though, is that I think Mark is in the opening credits for season five. When we get to it, we'll analyze that, but I have a feeling that he gets that into the credits.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that exciting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, something to look forward to.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, okay, so let's just say definitely very good acting again from both Andrea and Jesse in the storyline. Very real feeling, Yes, are super high. Everybody's definitely feeling for them.
Speaker 3: Next, you want one more fun fact?
Speaker 1: One more fun fact about Jesse and Andrea.
Speaker 3: Gabrielle gave birth. If I get this right, two weeks after this episode aired. What I'm pretty sure in the timeline of reality to this poor.
Speaker 2: Little face, she looked ready. She you know, those final weeks.
Speaker 1: But you're just like, get this kid out of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ding ding, take me take it out.
Speaker 3: You get puffier than after you give birth. It gets better quickly.
Speaker 1: I feel like, not quickly.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget. And I had seen so many, mostly my dad shows, I would say, and even though I knew what Jen went through and some other friends, I still went back to, like seeing TV pregnancies where they have the baby and then all of a sudden, there's no stomach even in the hospital, and you just look perfect again. I don't know why that was lodged in my mind from so many shows my dad did, and when I had first baby. Have yeah, Like when I had my first baby, like I was like, okay, afterwards, I looked down. I'm like, oh, why is all that still there? Why is it ra still what? It looks like there's two more kids still in there, And then leaving the hospital, I'm like, damn, is it me? I actually thought it was me, and then I realized, oh, it's not.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I feel like TV does a disservice because they make it like ingrains in your brain that you're supposed to be like perfect after me.
Speaker 3: Well, that's because no one's really pregnant for the most.
Speaker 2: Part, right, But they kind of put a smaller, little pillow thing in there just so it looks tracks for a couple months.
Speaker 1: I feel like they do that now more with you making yeah, have to like just to make it a little more realistic.
Speaker 2: Thank god, because it really screwed me up.
Speaker 1: Okay, next, that's what screwed you up?
Speaker 2: The sidebar being a celebri million things. That's like number twenty on the list of a thousand.
Speaker 3: Being a celebrity has just got awful. Were you both photographed, like coming out of the hospital or like right after you had a baby, That would just be horrible. No.
Speaker 2: But I remember going my first after my first, so I was still, like I said, devastated, like I was supposed to still have a belly. I remember going to the market for the first time and someone came over to me and they were.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I heard you're pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're almost do what do you do? And I was like, I just had the baby two months ago, two months ago, two months Oh okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: You did good, you did good. I want to talk about Claire and Lucinda being in magic bet I do sure, and just being so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. It's it's one of those storylines that Jason Priestley would have directed. There was like a Three Stooges episode when he does that like hijinks with the boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the hands, the thighs and then the leave the door on lock, they'll be Upso it was.
Speaker 1: Just so weird and creepy like that these two women were somehow united on this, like let's pell Brandon in bedfront, like what that doesn't happen?
Speaker 2: I didn't like it because whatever At this point, Lucinda, we kind of are like whatever about But Claire's gonna go on to be a regular and she's gonna go on to be our friend. And I didn't like this side of Claire. It was cool before when she was kind of messing with Brandon, but now, like I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It just also doesn't track like are supposed to be strong women, right, They're they're both arguably strong, Like Lucinda is this professor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lucinda is like the smartest woman in the world and all about dialogue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, women and powerful women and do what you want blah blah blah. And Claire is sort of this speisty, salty high school girl who you know, doesn't hold back and tells Brandon how she feels those two are never going to be in cahoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would be like get.
Speaker 3: Lost to the other one. And then they also would be like, I'm not going to go chasing this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would Claire invite Lucinda to come join them for their dinner or whatever? And also, but why would Brandon give in to Claire when he was steadfast in this decision that this younger girl was cuckoo and not good for his relationship with the Chancellor?
Speaker 3: Right, great question.
Speaker 2: This was simply it's the finale. We're going to bring as many guest stars back to make you.
Speaker 1: Go ooh ah, look how much we have.
Speaker 2: Oh and these two together now, Yeah, that's all it was. And I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: And the dream sequence was that just to like Titi late us like, well, is he gonna have the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't care for the threesome dream at all.
Speaker 2: I wasn't out of that.
Speaker 3: What I did care for, though, is Jason Priestley literally looks incredibly bay delicious in this episode, his hair, his face, his skin, everything, Am I wrong? You guys? He looks so hot in this whole thing looks that's like.
Speaker 1: The grown up Brandon. Es felude, that's like the grown up Brandon, like the politician Brandon. Yeah, that's the days we're in.
Speaker 2: I know, you know. I don't like when he gets to that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when when when they were Jim and Cindy were excited about They're so excited to see him, like meeting the presidenter, so excited for him to be president, the next president of the United States, Like as a parent, I don't know if I would want. I can't I want to become the next president. So much to unpack with this and the b footage of Clinton.
Speaker 3: Is that what your fakest fake doppel ganger for Clinton?
Speaker 1: The longest handshake ever and like.
Speaker 3: That didn't even remotely look like President Clinton?
Speaker 2: Like see, I totally thought it was the whole time. I'm so glad you said that. I was scared to say anything. I didn't know the difference.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just was the faguest I didn't really I was focused more on Brandon, and then I was focused on Brenda watching Brandon and the parents watching Brandon, and then I was looking for Kelly in the background.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 1: For where's Kelly move?
Speaker 2: Those people's background players moved to the side.
Speaker 3: Please, world, would all of the peach pit be staring at the television like it's the moon landing.
Speaker 2: Like the O J Chase you tune in.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, there there there, Brandon Walsh is there and you know it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little fuzzy day.
Speaker 3: Nobody think of the And I look the timeline, the Clinton timeline. When was Monica later?
Speaker 1: This had to have been later because they wouldn't have had Brandon, so it was too Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was way too They wouldn't have done it right much love Right? I told you guys, I went to preschool with her, right, Monica Lewinsky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like her too. I've met her too, and she's cool. She has cool. Oh yeah, you were all on the same soccer team or something.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't play soccer, let's be fair.
Speaker 3: Well, Jen was like, are you sure you didn't never played soccer? Because I have friends that like, went to your birthday party, were on your.
Speaker 1: Soccer Please tell me you played soccer when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can never listen. There might have been like at Pe during class, like school, I might have had to you play soccer. I don't think I actually went like on a Saturday and played on a soccer team, are you? But okay maybe not. No, there might have been a moment where I tried to fit in this and be like, I'm a sports girl. Not a sports girl.
Speaker 1: You could be like Lola. She wanted to be on the team because it was a pink costume, and then she put the jersey on and she just stood on the field like this. Oh.
Speaker 2: I would whenever I didn't play any sport, I would try to hide, blend and go as far away as possible. But I was always an actor, right, so I'd be like I got it, like if I was playing baseball out in the field, but I would away and.
Speaker 3: She she just called the soccer uniform a costume.
Speaker 1: Oh I do it constantly addressed my kids crazy, where's your costume? They're like, mom, it's a uniform.
Speaker 2: And more drobe. We had to leave the house in five minutes. Yeah, okay, so back to back to Washington, back to Monica Lewinski.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, we all feel confident that you did not go to walk Washington. Also, that seemed like they had b roll of Washington. But the scenes you shot were you guys just walking.
Speaker 2: Around, So try to remember, like you remember.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure we didn't go to Washington.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: If you did, they would have made it more obvious, like, hey, they went to San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Well why did Why did Brandon get to go to Washington with.
Speaker 3: Her?
Speaker 1: I can't remember her name?
Speaker 2: You mean San Francisco, Emily Valentine, Emily Valentine, thank you?
Speaker 1: Why did he get to actually go to San Francisco and then we don't get to go to Washington?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Probably a different probably because it.
Speaker 3: All went into the carnival all the budget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how do we leave that storyline at the at the at the end of this episode.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, she's joking.
Speaker 3: You have made out and and are we to interpret two things? I have to ask this question, and we too assume that Brenda and Dylan slept together, and that Kelly and Brandon have slept together, not just stay in the bed.
Speaker 2: As a fan, I want to assume and I want to know all of that happened.
Speaker 1: I want to see it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see it. Okay, So you guys, we discussed this a little bit last week, but I know we're doing this over because that became a psychology episode on Brenda leaving. But I I expressed that I was disappointed that they jumped, and you said the same that they jumped from Kelly. You know, Kelly and Brandon's finally going to happen, and then boom they were in bed together. I was like, too soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just way too comfortable with each other, way too quickly.
Speaker 3: And also weird that we didn't even get the kiss.
Speaker 2: An I want to see it. I want to see it play out. This is such a huge moment, Brandon and Kellylly. I'm going to go on record one of the biggest relationships on the whole ten year series of nine two and oh this is it And like you can't ever you know, first impression? What is it camp for stuppression? You only get one time for a first impression. This is you got to get back.
Speaker 3: Did you think it was weird that when you and you and Brandon Kelly, however you say.
Speaker 4: It, and let's be real clear, are sitting in the pretty park whatever that was, and you're talking about how you'd seen mister Smith goes.
Speaker 3: To Washington and then you're like, how would he film this? And we think we're going to get the kiss. The camera's doing crazy camera work, and we think we're going to get this kiss, and then you kind of like threw a napkin at him or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why didn't right you never.
Speaker 3: Saw a kiss? Suddenly you just wake up in the bed And.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I'm so mad. I'm still mad, hate it, hate it. Are you guys mad at this? Fans everywhere like didn't you want to see the coming.
Speaker 1: Together of Kelly and brand I think like, why did you feel like you missed something that you deserve seeing? Because, as as a fan who's been watching four years of the show, I feel mad?
Speaker 3: Or were we supposed to be? Like? Who? Like are we wondering the whole episode? Like are they just going to be palain around? She's sort of saying she has feelings she doesn't want to really.
Speaker 1: Why would she be in his bed?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And they didn't play the bed scene like it was like a like over like good morning, or like it wasn't you know, like you're like shocked. It was just like it was no awkward, like wow, just how awkward, which is not realistic of a brand new relationship too. I was I'm very sad.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: How do you like them? Though? So forget that. The way the show did it is all screwy. I love them together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're great together. I think they're a classy couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love them again. There they're a marriage material couple. You know, They're the couple you look at and you're like, oh my gosh, they're gonna get married one day. They're gonna have babies, They're going to be successful, like they're gonna have the white picket fence stream, they have the fairy tale I want that life.
Speaker 1: Do you think it? I mean, when we met Kelly Taylor and we met Brandon Walsh in the first episode ever, never in my wildest dreams did I think that they would be together.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't thought she would for him, like I always thought he would go for her, but I didn't know she would go for him.
Speaker 3: Well, and it leads me to my whole endgame theory, which I won't say now, but don't let me forget when we get there, then I have a whole theory about it.
Speaker 2: In five seasons, how are we gonna remember to remind you we don't remember.
Speaker 3: In six and sixties.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, a note, write it down.
Speaker 1: Remind Amy her theory. We forget my theory.
Speaker 2: I mean, good luck with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, well, okay. So we are to assume then now that Brandon and Kelly are a couple, and we are to wonder if Dylan and Brenda are are together, and we know she's gonna leave because she says, give me something to come back to. And I think we talked about this last week, Yeah, a little bit. She said give me something to come back to. And then they kissed, and honestly, I was like, that's it. Like I didn't feel the heat in that kiss at all. I felt I felt the comfortability of those two characters together and like that. I wanted Dylan and Brenda to be together, but that kiss, just for me was like I didn't I didn't get the feels from it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's interesting, because I agree with you to the point where I thought we were gonna it was gonna there was gonna be one more scene and they'd come back to it. It was the start of something. So I agree they didn't go hot and heavy. Yeah, where was the fire? It felt fiery?
Speaker 3: It did feel fiery to me. I felt that there was some of the good kiss, but confusion at the fair right, like when they were on the ferris wheel and he's like what relationship? Like, it was kind of like, huh. I sort of thought, like, is the ferres weel going to get stuck at the top and that's where the kiss should be.
Speaker 1: I love them on the ferris wheel together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I thought that was going to be kind of the moment.
Speaker 2: So then.
Speaker 3: No, I felt like fiery, although I had to get past sort of the cheesiness of the good I's love and to come home too.
Speaker 2: I thought the kidd a line, by the way, she's not saying, she doesn't talk like that. She's not cheesy, But I thought.
Speaker 3: The kiss was fire, and in my mind they sleep together.
Speaker 2: For sure. How do we know, Well, we.
Speaker 3: Find out a lot in the season five opener, if I remember, we do like a lot of what transpires with everybody, and we'll get to that. But I, if I remember correctly, it's like you find out everything that has transpired over the summer, but I don't want to.
Speaker 1: They did that last year. I think with the first episode of the season two, like with Kelly and Dylan, they kind of recounted their summer away how it was great and then all of a sudden it wasn't great.
Speaker 3: Mamber, that feels like seven years.
Speaker 1: Tell me about what are you saying? Where do you see? The time's going slowly with us?
Speaker 3: I just think it's the amount of episode that feels because really, if you think about it, that was like a year ago first, not quite but almost.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Does not seem un Brenda, but she's evolved, I guess at this point, I don't know she We love Brenda because she is based in emotion, Like she's very, very emotional and goes with her emotions her heart always and I love that. But the fact that she would leave after that kiss give me something to come back to. After that kiss, let's assume they sleep together. It would typically in the past be Brenda to be like, I'm not going yeah, but she.
Speaker 1: Has this opportunity that who knows that she'll ever get it again? I know, but love love conquers.
Speaker 3: I think, are we to wonder? I think as a fan. When I saw this the first time, I'm like, is she gonna go? Okay, Okay, I get what happened with them? When will she be back? I mean, I think as a fan, it never occurred to me she wasn't coming.
Speaker 1: Back, right, And so when she when we do come back next season, like next week, she so she's gone, and is Dylan like pining for her?
Speaker 3: We'll see, there's definitely wait if he gets a feisty, yeah, I'll z a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, okaykay, that's my question.
Speaker 2: I just you know, seen someone else's sorry.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: Gosh, as we talked about last week that we really wish Brenda had stayed on the show, just talking about it now, like it would have been nice because we did get so little of Brenda and Dylan, even though in the grand scheme of things, when we think about thirty three years later, everyone remembers Brenda and Dylan being this enormous character couple arc and it was shorter than we thought. It would have been nice to get that one more season in with them together, that whole season, and then she really does go, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can just rewrite so much.
Speaker 2: Let's just rewrite.
Speaker 1: I feel like I had just gone down the same road again, like they would be getting along great and then they wouldn't.
Speaker 3: What I wanted to ask you, guys, is if you could do they would get married. Yes, this is the favor I have. Can you guys start a show again? Because this is what happened to me when I was watching this last night. I want to know where these guys are right now. Like I love what you did with BH nine or two and O I do. It was very clever, very cool. But I want to know where these guys are, all of them. I need to know.
Speaker 1: Huh, well, that would be challenging.
Speaker 2: We're curious.
Speaker 3: We couldn't you even just write it? Couldn't I read it? And then maybe it turns into a show.
Speaker 1: You want us to just write you like a little letter until this for me? But maybe make it up.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's so many ways. Are we sure we can't do like a scripted podcast like something where you two think these guys are. It doesn't have to be where everybody does.
Speaker 1: Oh good luck with that. Why why do you see us with our opinions? Just us in the podcast, just us in the show or me Andry just us.
Speaker 3: Just really want to know what has where these guys are now.
Speaker 1: Well, I know they're all going to nineties Con.
Speaker 2: So so maybe Amy, you come with us to nineties Con because you're kind of then I could bring you together. And it's hard in a friend circle to be in it and people to hear you in a certain way, but you're once remove from the friend circle, you could present it and they all love you.
Speaker 3: So Brian Shannon's going, you both are going, Jason's going. What about Gabrielle? I and Gabrielle's going? All seven.
Speaker 1: And you know only the only person that won't be there physically is Luke.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's major, major, So Amy, this is your big moment. This is like when this will manifest your dream and pitch it.
Speaker 3: Seriously, when is this?
Speaker 2: I believe it's twenty wow, twenty No, I think it's seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteen right through Sunday nineties Con in Florida, Tampa.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't fly like you, Tori. Otherwise I think I would figure out a way to say, like, let's all happen.
Speaker 2: I'd be so happy not to fly. Give my don't we just take a train train together? What we do a podcast from there.
Speaker 3: I lead a sponsor to come in so that I could come at that dinner and say, here's the money, let's do this as a scripted.
Speaker 2: I think you've been a sponsor to get us there. I'm like, amtrapped as.
Speaker 3: To sponsor the scripted podcast. We're all of you all and you don't it's just your voices.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't technically iHeart be the sponsor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we need a like like we need Hyundai to like I need more.
Speaker 2: Money at deep pockets where they need like multiple deep pockets. We're talking abouts, We're talking zip pockets on the leg.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving up on the script podcast. People would tune in and all and you all just have a few of voices it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do you think you sound like Donna anymore?
Speaker 2: How dare you are you saying? My voice has gotten deeper? It's totally deeper. But I could do it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean I'm trying to do it right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Donna's voice was particularly high when she said.
Speaker 2: When I was young, let me in, what are you doing in there? Do I not still have that voice than when I order at a restaurant or you do? I get that high like nervous voice like, Hi, I'm sorry, I was wondering. My friend wants to if you have crab legs. I'm just kidding to me. That up well to.
Speaker 3: Get us back on track. And I think if if our if everyone starts a movement of this scripted podcast, like the fans.
Speaker 1: Fans, that could do it.
Speaker 2: That could that.
Speaker 3: Could do it. So if you're with me, be with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, ask for what you want. That's what I'm told. So specifically, ask the fans what you would like them to do. Is it a petition?
Speaker 3: Is it a let's start an Instagram movement and a tech talk movement and then we'll go viral, okay, and then it will swell and maybe you go on to the other guys instagrams like you go to you. I don't know how you do this. You tell Ian on his Instagram, You at him and you say, do a scripted podcast where you are Steve and the whole. Do you think that the.
Speaker 1: People want to see a podcast or do they want to actually see the character?
Speaker 3: Baby steps? Yeah, baby steps. Because the scripted podcasts can easily turn into an e season show.
Speaker 2: It's easy for everybody's schedules they might do it from hind to do that. Everyone has families and they're traveling doing Yeah, they could do it from home.
Speaker 3: They do it from home.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, the ideal would be a TV show.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about David and Donna. Yes, he does not like Auriel. You know already before you find them in that limo, you already know she's bad news. How do you know, Well, because she's like, Okay, so she's too friendly with him, too helpful, too hands free.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's so hard to disconnect real life from the show. It's all the same. It's all the same, not the same.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm in my mind. I'm trying to answer that, and all I can go back to is me seeing them talk on set and seeing how jealous I was, and like because she was so pretty and she was so like cool and like could talk so easily to everyone, and she just like and she was like, Carrie's a very nice person, but she's cool and when she talks, you're like men and women all she's that girl kind of like listen because she's beautiful, she's smart, and she's easy to talk to. So you know, the boys were smitten and I was jealous because I was like, oh, look, I feel like I have to try so hard and like he's just like la lao and Donna.
Speaker 1: That's how it was with me. Because did it transfer over do you think or was that written in the script that Donna had a sixth sense about Ariel before this happens.
Speaker 4: Do you.
Speaker 2: I think she did, just because.
Speaker 1: Because Donna does not strike me as a jealous person, and Anna definitely doesn't strike me as the type of girl that would be like jealous or concerned about other girls to the point where she's her attitude towards them or her behavior towards them is altered.
Speaker 2: Right, because she is a people pleaser.
Speaker 1: She likes to get her stuff done, because she does super kind. She's so kind, So you're right.
Speaker 2: She would never let that come between work or someone being like she's not nice. You're right. So I think she is worried. She's worried, but worried. She still has that in the back of her head from Niki at the Beach Club.
Speaker 3: Well, Anne, sex is such an issue for them.
Speaker 2: Everybody is becoming increasing. I mean, this girl's really sexy. They're working close together. The girl's like taking control Donna doesn't take control, you know, she's everything. Donna's kind of not And yes, I think we all deep down have a cut instinct. We try to push it off and be like, no, it's fine, and then when it happens, we're like, oh, I knew.
Speaker 1: Because donnad goes so far as to say the aerial quote wants to get in his pants, which I was like, that is not something Donna would say.
Speaker 2: That is not something a woman, a girl.
Speaker 1: No, it's a senior, seventeen year old girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was trying to figure out. So we find out it's not the first time. Well you only met this girl like six days ago, when that was.
Speaker 2: Freaking again something we don't see, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he he meant it was not the first time with her.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, he only slept with her, but he slept with her before the limo.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I just regressed again and almost literally hens because I was like, wait, you're saying he didn't he slept with another girl.
Speaker 1: Oh, just but who knows? Because you think, like, if he's lying to you about Ariel, then what else is he live to you about?
Speaker 3: True? Good, good point, Jenny.
Speaker 1: Sweet sweet Donna. I just hate David now, and I can't believe that they would. I can't. I can't help it.
Speaker 2: You always do this.
Speaker 1: He's been a very loyal person.
Speaker 2: She's so loyal. If there's anything bad with anyone personally, she hates them. And you're like, oh wait, wait in case it works out, don't hate them, and nope, nope, nope. Dealt with you value a friend like that.
Speaker 3: You all just dealt with his drug use and have kind of like been there for him.
Speaker 1: And then he does this move and his reasoning behind it is again, I will quote, it was right there. It was right in front of.
Speaker 2: Me, a low hanging fruit. I've had that said to me before. That's why it happened.
Speaker 1: It's not about the fruit. No, it's about the fruit eater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, Jenny fruit.
Speaker 2: Picker, Jennifer ari That is one of the wisest things you have ever said someone. Quote this woman, You're right, not.
Speaker 1: About the fruit.
Speaker 3: Ariel's just doing her thing right.
Speaker 2: Men always say notoriously sorry. Men do say like it wasn't about you, You're you're so much batter. I should have been with you. But yeah, it was just right there and they were just it just happened. It was easy. I didn't have to work for it. Low hanging fruits.
Speaker 3: Ariel knows he's with you, and it's a little she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know me anything defending HER's.
Speaker 3: But she knows. Like it's still not cool, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, that doesn't care.
Speaker 2: If she's But why didn't she can have anyone? Why him?
Speaker 1: Well, because he is the keyboard player for baby face, mister face, mister face.
Speaker 2: I just think it's a challenge. She's like, Oh, I got a virgin who's dating another virgin, and oh, this is a challenge, Like I'm going to steal this lovely first time love and ruin it.
Speaker 1: Wow, he'll give her a lot of credit.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's that much. She's just like, what, Ariel.
Speaker 3: Kind of sucks, Let's do it, ugh, Ariel kind of sucks.
Speaker 2: But if it wasn't for me, I'm sorry, that kid would be like doing the jerk dance or whatever at a dance. We'd all be like, what, like I made him? Sorry, Sorry, I'm getting a little bit of la Donna, Donnie and Tory never get confidence, but for one moment, I'm getting confidence, And I'm like, you guys all thought he was a dork. I had to convince you that he was cool, and now he's so cool that like a girl like Ariel's like, oh yeah, I want him. This is raw, which is a stretch.
Speaker 1: Sorry you were little mad.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve though.
Speaker 3: So remember that scenes. So Donna and Steve are seeing and he goes, who's that hot thing all over your boyfriend or whatever? And she's like, screw you, Steve, and it's just like, I'm not sure. Steve's like, Jill, yeah, I'm not sure. He just like I don't know. You were like I don't know. Maybe Donna should have been up in David's grill a little bit more like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I never I guys doing in there. I can remember doing in there.
Speaker 3: I can remember.
Speaker 2: Doing that and seeing you guys, and my heart was pounding out of my chest, running out like it for in real life. I didn't even know. I don't know. I was like, oh, this is part of the acting process. Like I was like, my heart was pounding so hard. I thought it was going to come out of my chest that night.
Speaker 1: And they weren't even in there when you were doing your You're run up?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think they were. Actually they had them in the limo just to make it worse for you, because normally they would when the camera's on you, they wouldn't have been in the limo maybe right, but you were, you were, you were meth in that.
Speaker 2: Ish in my head, he was still like not that I we even liked each other in real life, but like he was a little more personal to mention my past than just like a character on screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah, that shirt off and the whole thing.
Speaker 2: If I was if that was her on top of him too much, too much, And.
Speaker 3: If you put yourself in Donna's position, she would have figured it out like knock, knock, what are you doing in there? And then like you open the door and immediately you know, you're like because they're half naked, and she's like, oh god, oh god, and then just runs out like you anyone would have figured it out too. It's like, oh, that was bad.
Speaker 2: It's a dark time, you guys. For Donna, Marie Martin.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. David can't throw a baseball or a softball whatever he was throwing at Steve on that water tank thing.
Speaker 2: That's what you're saying to try to help me feel better about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a real bad thrower.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about Steve for a minute and this whole thing? Yeah, First of all, I love the old timey desk chair is the dunk tank? Did you guys? So it's like this weird chair and he just keeps swinging and he's got a wet suit on with the red thing over it, probably because he's getting cold just getting dunked and dunked and dunked. He give us a terrible I had to be wet and muddy this entire episode.
Speaker 1: That's funny now that you point that out.
Speaker 2: Funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably loved it.
Speaker 3: Do you guys want to talk about the silky brasw Okay?
Speaker 1: These are the moments that bug me the most because never ever, ever would they all three be wearing a Grandma satin bra in different colors but exactly the same bra.
Speaker 3: I think they were Victoria's secret type bras. And once you all flashed, we all went out in bottom like I pretty they were padded.
Speaker 2: I remember that. Yeah, I remember we had they had different versions, and I think we had to agree, and I'm sure, as we know, you know, probably I was like, oh whatever, you want, you know, and I'm sure Celeste was like, oh, it's fine. So Shannon probably got picked, which I was probably like, you pick like good and then we were like, okay, we'll pick these. But they probably had three different sets so everyone could figure it out and this is job whatever.
Speaker 3: It was cute and Celeste is so cute.
Speaker 2: She's adorable. She's not in real life, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah she's cute.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch Jennifer Jennifer Grant.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's heartbreaking because she's such a good person.
Speaker 3: But you're right, Tory. They really brought back everybody they could everybody. Somehow John Sears and Celeste ended up being together.
Speaker 2: Like that was a big budget. You guys pay all those guest stars.
Speaker 3: I wish I was at that carnival.
Speaker 2: So we did talk a little last time, and I thought that it was the Chili Cookoff in Malibu, which happens the first week of September for Labor Day weekend. But it might not have lined up. But if it wasn't, I'm telling you they still filmed in that.
Speaker 3: Spot where they looked like that area, I.
Speaker 2: Can almost promise that's where it was.
Speaker 3: The only other area I thought it could be is there is another area in Malibu up the hill a bit where it looks like that, because I really tried to zoom in.
Speaker 1: Why you're stuck on the Malibu of it all? Like I remember, but there was no ocean connection with the carnival, right, there was no like Noo, it's because your memory team go to Malibu to shoot.
Speaker 3: Great question. I'm going to try and figure out where did they film Marty Graw?
Speaker 1: It just feels like that's a far location for Yeah, you might be right. Was there any other beach stuff in this episode?
Speaker 3: No? No, you're right. You're making an excellent point.
Speaker 2: She is right. Why I remember I remember walking around in between the Shannon and I were, well, I can remember it right now, I'm seeing it. Shannon and I were in between, like walking around, like getting to play games and stuff and like before it got.
Speaker 3: Had to be right, guys, But I am right. Calamy goes ranch, Calm, it's in Malibu.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just upring, Okay, Okay, okay, fine, it.
Speaker 3: Did look like that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Were they having that Malibu Chili cook Off carnival back then? In nineteen ninety they were?
Speaker 2: I went to a growing up my whole childhood.
Speaker 1: Have you you went this year too, it's changed quite some. Oh yeah, we talked about this. Yeah, tell me mm hmm. They're gonna get security, like all kinds of security you have to take up. Piona was telling me about this because the kids, the teenage kids love to go. And last time she went this was this year. She went with her then boyfriend and I was so nervous. I like waited out there because it's just packed packed with people from all over LA. It's not you know, it's not a local thing anymore. And there was gunshots at the cookoff and everybody started running and ducking for cover. She said she was terrified and like some older woman got trampled. Yeah. So apparently they say they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have it again, but they're letting too many people come.
Speaker 1: Security Jenny talk breath the liser before you go in, before you come out.
Speaker 2: And then the night we went, which was after that night, there was a knife someone had and literally right next week.
Speaker 1: Guys started fights.
Speaker 2: I had to grab my kids and we threw ourselves into like the ping pong game and the person's like it's okay, come here, come back here, And I was like they were about to trample a mom and five kids.
Speaker 1: Like just kind of like, yeah, people come from non areas around there and they're angry or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Fair, but I've been going to it because my parents have a house in Malibu, so growing up, when I was many years ago, they had it and it was it was small and just locals and the area came and knew about it. And it was more about chili. Honestly, chili people are now like chili. We don't know anything about chili chili. It was about really testing the local chilis and there'd be a winner. It was about that and a few games.
Speaker 3: I need to make it like that.
Speaker 1: What about my favorite quote? Okay, I'll just say my favorite quote. Well, I've said so many already. One of them was when ma own when Kelly says Marty Girl's hot. Dylan's not was good.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of episode's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good episode.
Speaker 3: It was cliffhangery enough, not dramatic, but enough. Everyone had a good storyline.
Speaker 2: The last scene should have had a little more, you guys, I just watched it.
Speaker 1: What was the last scene?
Speaker 2: Brendan Dylan.
Speaker 1: Brendan Dylan okay they ended on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, give me something to really come back to about the fan for season five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to me, we have to watch, sorry, we have to watch. We have to wait all summer, like I can't TV it is nowadays? Is now you have to you have to wait all summer for the next season.
Speaker 2: I would be so bombed. I can't. But actually it's so good like now, No, it's instantaneous. No one has to wait for anything. That was so great to be talking a matter of someone like, I can't wait, like two more weeks, one more week, it's coming back. We get to know.
Speaker 1: That's I guess that's wrong. That's still kind of happening because, like you know, my girls are so excited for the summer. I turned pretty right too to come out.
Speaker 3: I waited for a while. Sometimes I have to wait a year. I heard you have to wait for that show, the Last of Us, the zombie show that with Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 2: We're going to wait two years still waiting on squid Games.
Speaker 3: Oh wait longer a while? Yeah yeah, yeah, well so sys like six years away or something.
Speaker 2: They said they'll look different.
Speaker 3: I know they'll be like adults.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'll still be interested in any of those shows, like I need it quicker.
Speaker 2: See that's hard. Yeah, when they finally do come back after so much time off, are you still do you care?
Speaker 3: Do you care? Well?
Speaker 1: We care because we're gonna roll right into season five, you guys, and it's gonna be good. I have no idea what happens in season five other than Tiffany joins the cast, and Leen becomes a regular, joins the cast, and.
Speaker 3: You're Brandon, You're that's our Cliffhanger.
Speaker 2: You're with Boffish. I can't wait to watch that relationship.
Speaker 1: We shall see, and maybe there'll be some new hairstyles in season five. I'm feeling I think there might be haircuts coming.
Speaker 2: We come back. I have new boobs, so you know, it's a good summer. And Jamie Walters Ray proughit and yes, relationship.
Speaker 3: Casper Casper van Bien Casper. Yeah, there's good guest star. There's good stories about that.
Speaker 1: Wait till you get there.
Speaker 3: What you would say?
Speaker 2: Remember when I said I loved college years and I thought it was season four. It's season five?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay?
Speaker 3: Cool? More?
Speaker 1: Do you give this episode? Yeah? I don't know hmmm, I give an eighth.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go with you give ten.
Speaker 1: You got cheated on in the limma.
Speaker 2: Every part of our past is part of our journey to create our future and who we end up being. It was sucked, but it was part of my journey, and I loved that it happened.
Speaker 3: So I gave it a nine point I gave it a nine point seven just because I had a few deductions. But I do love it. I do.
Speaker 1: What were your deduction? Yeah, just like it.
Speaker 3: Just didn't give me this internal thing in my body that the tens give me where I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, oh I.
Speaker 3: See very good, But it didn't give me that some kind of goosebumpy thing.
Speaker 2: I just loved all of the storylines financial but I just loved all like the big storylines, and I loved the piecing in of the old stars like from past seasons.
Speaker 1: I love the whole season. Season four was really good. We've had so much fun recapping it, and you're right, it feels like season four went on for seven years because there were so many episodes. How many episodes there are in season five.
Speaker 3: I think it gets more normal twenty four or something. I think it gets to be more sort of.
Speaker 2: I don't think really doesn't it just keep going up?
Speaker 3: No, but we did.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, would it be fair?
Speaker 2: Because emilll know this question that season five becomes a little juicier, not soapy, but nighttime, and.
Speaker 3: It becomes more as Chuck's talking about, like it's more yeah, and as they go on that continues.
Speaker 1: Season five is good.
Speaker 3: It's good juicy.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. I hope you guys are looking forward to it. So next week we're going to go on to season five episode one, what I did on my summer vacation and other stories I know you did. Loss so exciting. Let's set you guys for season four.
Speaker 2: Season five has thirty two episodes.
Speaker 3: See, I was totally wrong. I'm sorry. We'll be together for years.
Speaker 2: Very long time. But it's moving quick season five, if I remember, things are happening.
Speaker 3: Oh and don't forget to start our petition. I don't know if it's called a petition, our movement. Let's call it a movement.
Speaker 2: It's a movement, you know what.
Speaker 1: It's been a minute though, I think tour since you and I have said thank you to our listeners because obviously, we wouldn't be doing this podcast if it weren't for you guys, and we feel like we're one of you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: This is like the weirdest like when people come up and talk to us about, oh my god, I love the podcast. It happens a lot, especially at the cons. Don't you feel so proud and excited because I love the podcast so much too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I finally am not just talking to them as the actor a character. I'm finally talking to them eye to eye, and I'm like, I know, oh my god, I get it you and I get all. I get the look in my eye. Now can we always talk about super fan? I get the super fan look like I'm a super fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta, I see it. But yeah, thanks you guys for listening and keeping the show going and be sure to always put your comments in and rate us and all that stuff you're supposed to do because we love it. We love it all.
Speaker 2: Thank you, We love you guys.
Speaker 3: The next season