Speaker 1: On today's episode, we're talking news with drops about Wheel of Time, about the upcoming elden Ring Night Rain edition, and more. Hello, my name is Jason Septio and I'm Joe Money, and welcome back to x Ravdio the podcast we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture comedy from My Heart Podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll bring you.
Speaker 1: Three episodes a week every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Plus news. This Day's happening, It's happening. It's been a weird week.
Speaker 3: In video releases, Chris Hensworth dropped a tribute to Thor We're gonna speculate on why now.
Speaker 2: Plus elden Ring Night Rain.
Speaker 3: Released a trailer with a newly popular Evan essence jam bring Me to Life.
Speaker 2: Talk about that song.
Speaker 3: Plus leave George our Our Martin alone. Okay, he can do things in his own time. Don't be mean. And then we've got some sad news about the Black Panther video game not come in to light?
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on with that?
Speaker 1: First up? Amazon has canceled Wheel of Time after three seasons. The show starring Rosmund Pike, got off to a pretty strong start but has slipped of late and I think kind of bodes ill for this era of Game of Thrones knockoffs, if it can even be said to have ever started. The series, of course, was an adaptation of the famous You Know ten plus book series by Robert Jordan, finished by other authors when the original or author passed away, and You Know is one of the most beloved high fantasy book series ever, but sadly could not make a dent and cut through in the Postgame of Thrones world. Any thoughts about Wheel of Time make.
Speaker 3: Me a little nervous about Rings of Power. Yeah, we're in a very strange time for fantasy. Obviously, we're fantasy lovers over here. Fantasy costs a lot of money. It's also hard to adapt. You spend a lot of time in your head with fantasy. It has a very specific look, vibe, pace, which can kind of differ for everybody, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's also an entering time for Amazon.
Speaker 3: You know, we have time with sort of one of their first big gets, both as an acquisition and then as a series, and for it to sort of fall off so early, and it's adaptation, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping we see.
Speaker 3: Some straightening out, but it also just might be time to pause on fantasy series. Let's really pace out, think about it. I'm hoping and or changes hearts and minds about how we can do TV shows. Well, give people time to actually write these things. Let's get whole teams and editing. Let's let directors do whole arcst's really nail it down and focus. I think there's hope, but obviously some restructuring needs to happen.
Speaker 1: Next up sad news, EA Electronic Arts is canceling its upcoming Black Panther third person open world video game and shutting down the developer that was working on at Cliffhanger Games. EA Entertainment president Laura Miiel said an email, the cancelation of the laps are done to quote sharpen our focus and put our creative energy behind the most significant growth opportunities. She continued, the companies focusing on a handful of really ongoing and vital franchises going forward. The Battlefield franchise was looking towards another game in that series, very popular long running series The Sims, which is of course now almost three decade ongoing series, Skate the Skate franchise and Apex Legends, one of its much Valuyhood free to play action games. She continued that EA will continue to invest in its Iron Man game at Motive and other Star Wars games that it's working on. But this is sad news. This game was, from what I understand, pretty far along and was going to be very very exciting, with a rich map that encompassed all the various regions of Wakanda and its culture. And this sucks.
Speaker 2: This really does suck. This blows, dude. If you can't here's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's different because it's Black Panther, But if you can't finish it, don't start. It is really where I'm at, Like, Black Panther means so much to so many people. We had, you know, an incredible, like genre altering film and then an absolute like devastation and loss. I just feel like, stop messing with this character, leave him alone if you can't do it. And it sounded so cool, and you know, we've heard from different writers, you know, throughout the process. I think they had them at Disney D twenty three a couple of years ago, they did a whole.
Speaker 2: Panel on it.
Speaker 3: It just sounded so thrilling and to hear that they're gonna get Hitty with Marvel and then to use Here's where I really ping against what Mel had to say. Battlefield the game you just constantly kind of redo and polish up a little bit. The same thing with the SIMS. The SIMS is my favorite video game. I have sunk too much money in the SIMS. I love the SIMS. But you're not designing a new game. You're just releasing packs, and a lot of these packs you're going to, like the mods, giving them pennies and asking them to bring some of the best like updates to the game that we've seen so far. So it's like, what are you EA doing as a company to support these games outside of just you know, these cute little polish ups that you make a ton of money on. It's just very I'm so confused by the video game industry and how it spends its money. All these things keep collapsing, and yet the largest entertainment like arm available right now is the strongest earner is video games right now, And so I just can't understand why Fox can't make it to shelves.
Speaker 1: It is, you know, very disconcerting. Now these cuts come in the context of many other cuts at EA and across the industry. EA laid off three hundred people in twenty twenty five, including around one hundred at Respawn, which was the developer behind titan Fall. EA restructured BioWare recently moving various developers. Around six hundred and seventy workers were laid off in twenty twenty four, including many at Respawn. I think part of the thing that really frustrates me is that Cliffhanger comes from the DNA of comes with a lot of the personnel that helped create Middle Earth Shadow of Mortar, which the Mortar games, the Shadow games are some of my favorite games ever, which with an incredible battle system and this rivalry system where if you're defeated by an enemy, that enemy gets stronger and now you have a feud going with them, and the idea that some of that DNA would be behind the mechanics of a open world Black Panther game. It's really just.
Speaker 2: Pointing we're not getting that game up. Next.
Speaker 1: Chris Hemsworth drops a tribute to Thor. It's May in twenty twenty five. Why is Chris Hemsworth acting like Thor is dead and that he's never gonna play him anymore? Leading many to wonder Jesus Christ Thor gonna die in one of these?
Speaker 2: I mean that's where my mind went.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts, Joe, what's strange just about it ends like Thor, Love and Thunder, a movie that came out what three four years ago?
Speaker 2: I was like, I just it looks.
Speaker 3: Like somebody opened up a thumb drive and was like, oh shit, we have this, Yes, we just drop it now.
Speaker 2: Very confusing.
Speaker 3: I do think it pinned for me the Wolverine Deadpool little caption we get with him that still has not paid off in the MCU. We know we're getting big crossover events. Shortly, I was like, Okay, he's crying in the thing we see in the Deadpool Wolverine movie. Maybe maybe he is coming to an end, and you know what, that's okay. Chris has given us a lot of time with this character. And also so I'm of two minds. One, it's totally fine if you want to leave, Chris, you were one of the best iconic role really nailed it. Took you some time, but once you figured it out, wow spectacular. The other mine is Disney is a vampire and it's never letting go of anybody. Apparently everyone is available to come back at any time. Do we have to ever really truly say goodbye? It seems silly at this point. I know that even if Chris leaves in twenty years, they'll be like, we got him back. Guys, don't even worry about it.
Speaker 2: You can have more. We found another universe. Don't even worry.
Speaker 3: Like it's change, it's weird, it's goofy. But it was a lovely tribute.
Speaker 1: It was a lovely tribute.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 1: Because you know, here's the other thing. Disney is not gonna let Chris Hemsworth drop anything about their IP without there being something behind it or getting the okay, so what this bodes tbd? But it's something something. Oh yeah, let's take a quick break. We'll be back with more.
Speaker 2: And where we're at. Georgia R.
Speaker 1: Martin is being bullied what is why? On his blog not a blog. Recently, George was promoting a new animated feature that is on the way from the studio Lion Forge with writing by him, adapting stories with writing adaptions by him, And in this blog he mentions that people are going to be mad at him for not working on Wins of Winner quote. I know, I know, some of you will be pissed off by this, as you are by everything I announce here that is not about Westrus or the Wins of Winter. You have given up on me or on the book. I will never finish Wins if I do. I will never finish a dream of spring. If I do, it won't be any good. I had to get some other right to pinch hit for me. I'm gonna die soon anyway, because I'm so old lost the interested Song of Ice and Fire decades ago, and he goes.
Speaker 4: On and on and on.
Speaker 1: Listen. We have talked here about things that ways that this property could finish. But one thing that is I think we've been clear about. And if not, I want to reiterate, George is done enough. The world's create that he's created is so vital and rich and detailed, with the history that goes back thousands of years that you can examine almost on a year to year basis, that just that is a huge contribution to sci fi storytelling, to excuse me, to fantasy storytelling, to fantasy literature, and has been hugely influential to many storytellers coming up in his way. Don't if you have stuff gripes that you're griping within the community to each other about things. Yeah, that's fine, don't direct those to George.
Speaker 2: He's done enough. We don't go leave him alone. He's trying.
Speaker 1: He's trying, you know, like any kind of things you need to tell you want to discuss your frustrations.
Speaker 2: About that, Yeah, do that, but don't don't.
Speaker 1: Direct them to George.
Speaker 2: I have two notes. So I know too many.
Speaker 3: Very successful in the spotlight performers, creators who can't help themselves, but tiptoe into reddits and onto the twitters and stuff, and they're like, what are people saying? So George, I just first like say, if you're doing this, don't do that, buddy, that's not fun for anybody. Stay off the reddit. But two, yeah, going directly to George's is dumb. The man gets to make his own choices. He's incredibly creative, and well he's doing that. I think a lot of people don't really acknowledge it. He supports so many fantasy writers. But if he lends his name to whatever project exactly, and that can only be good for us as like a fantasy loving community.
Speaker 2: So that's really beautiful of him. I will all so say.
Speaker 3: I get listen because the Boks we're not finished. We got the ending of Game of Thrones that we got, and I just feel like on some level we are, like, it's very challenging as fans who love the series, and if you've ever do you know how many trilogies dualogy where I'm like, I have to wait how long for the book? I what happens to these characters I've grown connected to and love. So I totally hear fans being like, this is exhausting. I don't want to hear about another title. I'm ready to go. But I also think this is a living human being who's given us so so so much to him to his face, please just be gracious and have gratitude, like we're very lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're absolutely appreciative here and extra vision, and we are very fortunate to live in the world that he also lives in. Up next, in kind of associated George R. Martin News, let's bring in our resident Night Ring Lover super producer Aaron to talk about the new elden Ring Night Rain edition who trailer just recently dropped.
Speaker 4: That's right, the final trailer for night Rain dropped earlier this week, set to classic classic song, a Banger, Evanescence, bring Me to Life. Now those three.
Speaker 1: Other songs that they do you think that they considered because I feel like they just kind of were like, just.
Speaker 2: Do bring me to Life?
Speaker 4: Then I think they were like, we got two finalists, it's it takes two to make the thing go right or bring me to Life, and they decided on So this trailer is like an anime music video. Basically, there's no it's just the song and footage from the game that looks amazing and as well put together. They're Boston Fandragons, it's set to like the lyrics when they hit are when you know bring Me to Life is when the character raises the spirits to help them fight. This feels like fans are loving this, whether that is because of the recent rise in popularity of this song thanks to Nathan Fielder unclear. Bandy namco representatives did say Nathan had nothing to do with this trailer soundtrack, so he did not come in to advise on it. But in honor of this, I would like to make a proposal of more new metal songs in video game trailers. So I just want to pitch a couple of things to the two of you. You let me know if this works for you or not. So my first one, I think you know New Mario Kart World. Everyone's excited and tend to switch to set it to Olympus get rolling boom it number two, number two, the Last of Us. I don't know if this is Last of Us one or Last of Us two or Jason's proposal of Last of Us three. All about the infected boom trailer set to disturbed down with the Sickness. Number three, the game that I think I've probably the most kills that everyone does. We're not all, you know, good at this game, but there are lots of kills in this game Halo. Instead of those those operatic vocals, Trailer hits Boom drowning, Let the bodies hit the floor. Next up Fallout. You know this is like a nuclear wasteland trailer hits for the next fallout or a remake system of a down toxicity. Next Snipper Clips A great game where you cut up all these little pieces of paper Lincoln Park paper cut Boom. Next Animal Crossing. You got your bug catching net, You're catching all these little bugs. Crazy Town Butterfly Boom. Next Pokemon snack, butterfly Pokemon snacks. You're taking pictures of all the cute little Pokemon trailer hits, boom Nickelback photograph and Minecraft Minecraft get Out, Please say so. Elden Ring Night Rain is incredibly fun. It is a Souls like roguelike, mostly multiplayer game, third person enemy mobs, loot, roaming, bosses, and environmental events. It is a meant to be like played in forty minute chunks, so it does not have the contemplative nature that previous Souls like have. It is like you drop in and it is a frantic run. You have to go find items fine souls to level up, and then at the end you fight a boss. On day one. If you survive day one, you go into day two do the same thing. It's a smaller map than elden Ring, which had a huge map. But this is a smaller map, but because things are randomized within it, I didn't I played three runs this morning and it didn't feel too small by any means. I never crossed over the entire map in a single playthrough, which was good. I will say the game is forty dollars. It is not your typical like sixty or eighty dollars game right now on launch day today, over two million players already. Damn. I will say. Reviews on Steam are mixed, mostly because people are complaining the game doesn't have good balance for solo play. There's not really strong duo support, and there's no voice chat, so when you're trying to coordinate with the other people, you can't talk to them unless you're like friends with them on PlayStation and you already are in a group of or Discord or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it is a lot of fun. But reach out, you know, if you're on Discord and you want someone to play with, let me know, because I'll be I'll be jumping into the night rain ring.
Speaker 1: Well that was that was news. Little evanescence. Amy Lee, anecdota friend of mine, was in Nashville at a karaoke place and Amy Lee was there and her husband got up and started to do started to do, uh what is the fucking song? Wake be uh?
Speaker 4: Bring me to Life?
Speaker 1: Started to do with her do her version, and she got so disgusted by him doing it that she just finished. She got up, took the micromim and finished the song say Up.
Speaker 2: And Wake Me Up. On the next episode of x Revision.
Speaker 1: We're diving into a Nintendo Switch send off Tuesday as speed recap of the John Wick franchise. On Wednesday, four hundred and thirty nine Bodies accounting another episode of Your Wrong Friend on Thursday, in which we debate Skyrim vers Oblivion. Finally, Friday, we're talking live action remakes as we react to the knew How to Train Your Dragon movie. That's it for this episode.
Speaker 2: Extual Stingy.
Speaker 1: X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Sepsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts. Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is Abu Safar.
Speaker 4: Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Bay Wag.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman. Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman, and Heidi our discord moderator.