Speaker 1: I am so excited to do this episode.
Speaker 2: Why why special?
Speaker 1: Is the Coach episode is the more importantly? Look, I know it's called Coach, okay, and I love that. I love that for the for for the show, but it really should have been called the v Rab episode. The Velvet Rabbit episode one of the funniest. I truly feel like one of the funniest scenes that has ever happened on the entire show. I can't wait till we get there. We're gonna break it down. I'm gonna try not to laugh through the entire thing when we're talking, because that's all I want to do. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So here we go. Coach returns to the loft and he immediately.
Speaker 1: I'm already done the cutaway, the cutaway in that first bit where he's just there. Yeah, I can't. I can't do the recap for a second because the way he is so damon, the way he does that first line so serious and then goes into a full, full like ludicrous line delivery. Yes, I was already dead. I was dead from the beginning of this epoch. Okay, try again, drag again.
Speaker 2: Sorry that moment he let you know exactly what was happening, so sorry, Like, Coach returns to the loft and immediately things get frisky when he takes the boys to the strip club Lemon Pepper Wings for Everyone. Meanwhile, Just responds by calling her own girls night, which leads to her and CC meeting the ultra smooth talking Artie aka Digs per Usual. Winston goes too far and accidentally buys non refundable bunny money. Coach is so ridiculous, I've done that. Coach tries to fight his exes New Boo a Cop Bow what.
Speaker 1: New bootes? You could say new Boo.
Speaker 2: Or bay or I'm black. I didn't want to reach bow.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm not going to go French for you.
Speaker 2: We got our own terminology. Can I say my ship? He's gonna says bow? Who the hell says that?
Speaker 1: A lot of people?
Speaker 2: No, not a lot of black people. His his exes New Boo a Cop already ends naked in Jess's bed, and Nick Deliver is a knockout punt that once and for all solidifies Jess as his girlfriend. Fun fact, Russ also Brooke Are, director of cinematography, directed this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah I remember this moment. I guess he'd been asking to find like a good one, and he was our dpeat super super talented, the best, and the responsible for that whole look that you see that you love of our show that feels. And then he yeah, and then he got to direct this episode and he directed the hell out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, written by David Feenie now also the best. Let's before we jump in, I do want to mention I remember I remember being at I was at a party. We were at some party when I was like industry events, TV things or something like that, and I run into Tay Diggs and you know, we were just chit chatting and talking a little bit, and he was talking about how sessed to he was with New Girl and how much he loved the show. And I said, you gotta come on the show. He was like, dude, I would love to be on the show. Man He goes and I said, well, Liz Meriweather is right over there. She was in another corner of talking to somebody, and I was like, bro, I'm sure she loves you. I was like, your Ted Digs. Doug was like, you gotta he was like, He's like, should I just walk over it. I said, shut up, this goes. I'm gonna introduce you. So I bring Tay over to meet Liz and then they're at chit chatting and next thing you know, he's in the show. Get Out, Get Out. I'm responsible for that. I got no percentage of his paycheck. I got no nothing. Okay, so let us dive in for a second, Hannah, We're in aloft. Nick gets called Coach saying that he wants to hang out, and this is whole back and forth, like, oh, coach is back, Coaches back. It's super, super exciting. We haven't seen this man. And then the flashback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the flashback. One of the funniest flashbacks I feel like, because one group shot anytime, it's a group shot, and you guys get to play drunk, as we will see later in this episode is solid gold and one of my favorite. It's one of those things where you like, I rewound it, I kept rewinding it and then just watching each of you individually, right with the choices of how drunk you're going to play and interact with each other. And my favorite is Max Greenfield because he interacts with really no one. He's just standing there like a statue. With a mad face when you're trying to like not act drunk and singing so seriously, like singing like his life depends on it. One of the funniest choices. It's set the tone so perfectly for how ludicrous and drunky this episode was gonna.
Speaker 2: Be one hundred percent. And you know Schmid he comes in, you know, stealing, He's stealing things essentially from the apartment. When chimes Jess's toothpaste, it's justice toothpase. But I love Winston goes. Is that he goes? Is that where the toothpaste went? Clee?
Speaker 1: By the way, that is usually like a roommate situation where somebody just like has like the personal hygiene products and you're just like swiping it when they're not looking.
Speaker 2: That I just buy a lot more toothpaste and I don't even question, I just go whatever.
Speaker 1: And then one of my favorite Damon moments ever.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Nick and Schmid are fighting all of a sudden, the shot of them to them three three shot with with Damon's hand on both their shoulders.
Speaker 1: Because you sons of bitches ready to bun, which is also I just feel like that was Damon no acting zero acting happened in that moment.
Speaker 2: That's how he is.
Speaker 1: Also did not remember that Coach is just like an open doucheback, Like I didn't remember that that was like the character that he played, or at least in this episode where he like fully leaned into it, just being like wildly like.
Speaker 2: He's like that scene.
Speaker 1: Where he comes into the bedroom with Nick and Jess.
Speaker 2: I was just like, oh my god, oh yeah, because he wants to go so he wants to go out right, he wants to go to the strip club. He's making he comes in out of the gate, he's swinging. He calls Winston shrimp forks because he couldn't pull a basketball.
Speaker 1: This is my question when I did the rewatch last night, My question for you was how much did it hurt you Lamar and Morris to have to act like you were bad at basketball a lot?
Speaker 2: You know, because and like the balls like slipping out of my hand. I'm like, I could pull a basketball. To me, it's it's funny. So I didn't trip about it, but I was like, this doesn't make any sense, and we talk about it later in the episode. Why that term srip for doesn't make any sense? Because I played professional basketball. So I just remember the like logically, when when when this was a storyline, I went, well, this doesn't make any sense because I no matter where the city is, no matter where the country is, if you're playing professional that means you're amongst the elite in the world. Well, it didn't make.
Speaker 1: Sense because of the flashback because it makes sense in terms of coaches character, who is like obviously like highly insecure, so like tears people down the relationships something they do well, like blay basketball, and so you go like, oh, you know, like you're a pro basketball player. Of course he's gonna like feel insecure about it, and so he's gonna make fun of you, like he's just some like you know, you know, jerk or whatever. Yeah, but then they do the flashback, which just shows is straight up facts, and that's the part that is like confusing.
Speaker 2: Logically, Yeah, that was that was wild, But I love the look.
Speaker 1: Trim Ros is also a top quality bully nickname.
Speaker 2: Oh I mean I get called shrimp forks to this day a big areas people call me shrimp forks to this day.
Speaker 1: I have big hands, like under the sea. A type of nicknames that have stuck for you and I lionfish, lionfish and shrimp forks. That's going to be our next podcast, you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, Coach, he wants to take the boys to a strip club, right, but Jess tells Nick that she's uncomfortable with him going on a Tuesday night. Nick denies being and it's like a little flustered about it. And obviously he's backtracking and he's trying to figure it out because he's got the pressure of coach on one side, you know what, you know, what's happening with him and Jess. They haven't had the conversation.
Speaker 1: And capital T, capital C.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he and he kind of in a way denies being Jess's boyfriend. Yeah, And and it's this and that, and we've all been there where it's the labeling thing. Who's labeling, who's not labeling? You know that?
Speaker 1: I the time cool for like a friend who, like you think, is super cool. My favorite part of that exchange is when he says something absolutely you know, inappropriate, right, like trying to like posture to his to coach, and then she goes, she looks and she goes, what are you doing? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love what he's like he's just like, I'm just telling him what kind of cake to bake me?
Speaker 1: Son, Oh my god. Yeah. I think that's the part where she's like, what are you doing. He's like, I don't know, I don't know. He's really cool and this is not cool and I don't know what I'm doing. And also when he yells at her, I'm so sorry. I love it so much, so good, so good.
Speaker 2: Now just is pissed about it. Yeah, She's like, we're going out tonight.
Speaker 1: That's right, medicine buddy, exactly.
Speaker 2: And it tastes somebod that pineapple upside down cake that she's gonna bake. Now, coach again, the fact that he.
Speaker 1: Just pretends he's never met her. They lived together, they spent time together.
Speaker 2: Jebecca, Jebecca. I feel like he made that up.
Speaker 1: No, it was in the script.
Speaker 2: Rebecca was in the script.
Speaker 1: I know, but it was. It was obviously like such perfect writing for Damon that exactly when he said, I had that same thought too, because I'm like, that's just damontat funny improv. And then I looked at the script.
Speaker 2: Rebecca, Jebecca, isn't there, That's in the script. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Credit to Damon man, because you made it seem like you were just like a perfect improv man.
Speaker 2: Now, just and CC and they go to the bar where Nick works to complain.
Speaker 1: About wild place to pick up so crazy.
Speaker 2: I know, like literally this bar is the only bar in town because I don't go anywhere else. Just calls Nick a man boy and a man child hybrid because he wants to pull a dog's tail. Like it's yeah, there's like there's all this childlike things of Nick that she's just blurting out.
Speaker 1: And you know about this last episode. This is why I think that my actual, like my spirit character is Nick. Because when you talked about your Halloween costume being Mickey Mouse when I last saw you, I'm like so disappointed I didn't get to pull your tail. This is why I know, like deep down i'm Nick Miller.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Well, I mean, I don't know what's wrong with pulling a dog's tail, but I've never done it, but I guess it's bad. I thought it might be funny. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Don't do that people, Yeah, don't pull around touching little animals booties just like for fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Theme.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know, but but cci you know, she encourages Jess to make Nick jealous with Artie. Artie a ka Tay he digs.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been because that flashback where they like show us who Artie is and the fact that he's like openly, openly opening, openly, wow, openly asking Jess out where she's like shut your face or whatever. She says something looks so crazy. She's like, this is not look at you, no chance. Have you ever been hit on or asked out by somebody that was you knew that you were like punching like someone's so gorgeous, You're like for real?
Speaker 2: How yeah they happened. That happened recently.
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, to clarify, I did not ask you out, bro okay, like that was like a miscommunication.
Speaker 2: You're not You're not me. But I just it was this this lovely young lady and she was flirtatious and and I was kind of like going like, huh, I wonder if she is I wonder, I wonder, I wonder if that's what it is. I wonder if she was she's actually asking me out? And uh, it didn't work out between us because I was I I guess I was in my head the whole.
Speaker 1: Time, like right, you're like, how do yours?
Speaker 2: Just like it wasn't even like yeah it was. It wasn't even like how it was more so like how do I approach this in a cool manner? And I think I think I overcooled it.
Speaker 1: You went to you got too cool, that you got too cool, you.
Speaker 2: Got too cool, that I got cold. I didn't really understand what was happening in our situation, but I think it's all stemmed from like, oh, you want to hang out with me, all right? Cool? Uh okay, and it's kind of fizzled out. It happens, It happens.
Speaker 1: I've told you my story that my Matt camp story where like his ex was Rihanna and he then I wanted to go and you know, have a meal with me, And then I was just so so. It wasn't that it was Matt Kemp that was too attractive. It was Rihanna's.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry if he didn't work out with y'all, it definitely won't work out with us.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, Rihanna's ex wants to take me out on a no, thank you? I'm just too beautiful. And too cool, so I'm go cold. This is now We're at the strip club and Winston thinks he's doing a massive flex. Oh yes, with the funniest part of the buddy money, Can I just say is when it's explained to him that the strippers don't take buddy money.
Speaker 2: By money, No, it's only merch and food food.
Speaker 1: I that was the I didn't remember that part, and I was in tears because you think, well, well, I guess you just have to like live at the strip club now for the rest of your life and you can blow through this cash. But the fact that everybody knows that this is monopoly money, this is jokes, full job.
Speaker 2: And I've been there not thinking that it was fake money. I Odeed wants out to never mind, we can talk about that another time.
Speaker 1: You got conned at a strip club. What a shocking turn of events.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I was like, what's happening, where's my money? I can't believe it. She says, she loves me. I'm the one. Oh my gosh. Anyway, Okay, now Coach is saying they're not leaving a strip club until the sun comes up. He's clearly in a he's clearly in a weird space right now, and Schmidt and Nick they're like, man, we got adult responsibilities at an eight am presentation and Nick has a pissed off girlfriend to attend to, and they fight over who should tell Coach that it's time now. Nick suggests the guy's return to the love so Coach can share his emotions about the break up with Malia, but Coach says no, and Winston the Coward agrees. They tell Nick he's whipped like cream cheese, which you know rightfully. So now now Jess is sitting there considering, you know, sending Nick a text. You know she's loving single life. Cci. Yeah, terrible friend, terrible friend, great friend, terrible friend.
Speaker 1: She's a great friend. She's like, look, he wants to go sit at a strip club if you're not his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: He says that to you, the shrip club is different from going out with a guy. Does that two hmpletely different things.
Speaker 1: I can bring it down for you, spending your evening a round semi naked women. That's the choice. And you're person you're dating. We can't call him girlfriend because that's the whole episode is expressing that they are not comfortable. They then have the opportunity to not behave like a girlfriend because you don't want a gu on my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Well, they're just two different things. See. One one is it's a it's a age old style of entertainment, adult entertainment.
Speaker 1: Right like he went and played like Nintendo.
Speaker 2: No, I mean Miswell it's not no as well because there's no there's no life as well. No, because there's no emotions there, there's no you know, it's like it's not like a one on one situation. There are a bunch of people coming and going out of there. It's like they're open for hours. And you know, this is they make money that way, This is how they provide for their family.
Speaker 1: Sure, this is not This is not a conversation about stripping or stripped clucks. This is a conversation about a man who is sleeping with a woman and they have feelings and the woman has said I'm not comfortable with you going and being in a establishment where women are taking their clothes off, and so please don't do that. And then he's going well like, well, you know, I'm a girlfriend, and so she goes, okay, I'm another girlfriend. Then I might go and sit and have a drink fully clothed with a man.
Speaker 2: Two different things, two.
Speaker 1: Different things, same level of discomfort and dis respect.
Speaker 2: No, and let me explain why. Let me explain why, because, like I said, one is a transactional thing that has no emotions to tie to it. There's no expect when you leave. There are the expectations that you are leaving here. And that's it. When you are telling another man who you know likes you, you, who's asked to date you, you're saying, let's go sit out and have a drink. What you're doing is you're now sending the message to another man that you are available to receive his loving. That's different than a strip club. Everybody knows it's a strip club. That it's not. We're not going to date this.
Speaker 1: The dollar bills and then she turns around and sits on you and she has got no pants on. Okay, we'll say that you are open to receiving some transactional loving.
Speaker 2: No, that's about that goes back to women of the evening strippers. That's that's not the same thing. It's not the same thing.
Speaker 1: I'm one of those things where we have to agree to disagree, which is the whole episode. That is happening except for Nick as a light bulb moment which I'll pray for you happens.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Hey listen, I haven't been to the strip club in years, so I don't know. I don't know. It's a fact. I'm also single, by the way, so you know, if I wanted to go, I'm just going I haven't. I haven't gone, you know what I mean. Scheduling years, scheduling is crazy.
Speaker 1: Have you ever gone to it, like in the middle of the day, like at two o'clock or like at eleven am a morning strip club? Ever in your life? No?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I did. For this episode. One fact this episode was filmed. This episode was filmed at an actual strip club.
Speaker 1: No way, Yeah, where where in La do you remember?
Speaker 2: I forget exactly where? Somewhere off Pico, I think, really, yeah, I forget.
Speaker 1: How are all right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: A couple of churches, and then.
Speaker 1: Just an eleven am strip club? Oh Art comes in and he's got a smooth move, just takes a little of her drink and can break it down.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, which which people? Some people can do That just means you drink too much.
Speaker 1: Specific style of seduction.
Speaker 2: A Shirley temple with coconut rum and a limit squeeze. She goes at a temple Grandon because it makes her friendly and compassionate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she comes and she says, I got a man, yes, yes, which which I okay.
Speaker 2: So that's cool that she's at least being on the up and up and letting him know like, hey, this is just the hangout.
Speaker 1: Also, one of my favorite moments of this episode when he goes to get the eyelash off of her face and he's like, make a wish and she's like, I'm scared too. Oh funny. The delivery, Oh fuddy was great. So mixed messages though, by the way, yeah, so mixed messages because he says like full respect, I'm out by yeah. And then and.
Speaker 2: This terrible thing because Jess is like, you know, she's like Nick is doing more than shaking hands at the strip club. Cec obviously is still scorned by Schmid's cheating, says no man can be trusted. As soon as you let your guard down, they just.
Speaker 1: Walk out, really projecting a lot in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we find out all later because she does come clean before we get there. She owns it. Let's go to break and then we come back. We're going to see how much of a terrible friend cec has been this entire episode, and we are back. We were just discussing how terrible of a friend Ceci was.
Speaker 1: She is not dealing with her own stuff, I will give you that, and so she's kind of pushing it onto Jess.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Yeah, in this episode, I'm not going to mention it. I'm going to let you figure it out. Did we.
Speaker 1: Find stop talking to me about the bear? The bear is coming in a very special bonus episode.
Speaker 2: Wait did it happen in this episode?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. You can say bear chests?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is bear a form of bunny? Bunny a form of a bear?
Speaker 1: Is this the episode hold on just for just between not on the podcast? Is this the one where they make the j Cutler joke?
Speaker 2: I think? So?
Speaker 1: Anybody know? And is Jay Cutler part of the Bears? Is this the episode where they make the j.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Then a coach or just a player?
Speaker 2: He was a player? Ah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jes makes a comedy this episode, right, Jake Cutler? I feel like it was this episode.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Jake Cutler.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, So, okay, so you did find the bear Jake.
Speaker 1: Cutler, Hello, could not be more of a bear?
Speaker 2: Okay, so there was a Jay Cutler reference. I'll give you that. I'll give you that one. I'll give you that. I'm not gonna argue. I'm not gonna argue what you We can move on. Meanwhile, Winston, he's over here trying to get his his He's trying to get his money back. But bunny money sales are final and only usable at the bar, gift shop and.
Speaker 1: Theirs to have their own form of money, I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure some of them do, but yeah, it's almost like a casino when you you know, you get chips instead and you tip people with chips. I could have, but usually I think they're redeemable in cash, like you pay for it, you know what I mean. Where those ship clubs are, I don't know that because I think Jenue generally they will just take money, like actual money.
Speaker 1: But just what the strippers do in the Velvet Rabbit, they also only take real real money, not the bunny money.
Speaker 2: Not at Schmidt does a body shot taste the dancer's baby formula and his growth step immediately that.
Speaker 1: The amount of like it just reminds me of like the kittens, and like the lactating nipples, like they there's a lot of these oh yeah, yeah, God feeding a baby.
Speaker 2: Of throughout the course of the show, a lot of people were having kids.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now Nick has a plan, right. The plan is to get Coach really drunk by recreating the shot contest from Raiders of the Lost Arcs so they can take him home. And obviously Schmidt and Nick they fight over whether Raiders is a pro Nazi movie or not. Now Arti tries to be empathetic to Nick. You know, he's he's kind of helping him out a little bit. He's like, hey, man, he's a guy in his twenties who wants to hang out with other guys in the twenties. She's like, no, they're all in their thirties and it alreadys got nothing for that one. But Jess, you know, she's trying to get to know Artie and she learns that he owns the coffee He don't just work at the coffee shop. He owns the coffee shop. And he regularly takes trips to Brazil, where Nick has never been. And did you say Brazil Brazil.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: It's very taken. Its like we tried again, Brazil better, We're gonna Brazil. Yeah, Brazil, just like that. And Jess is really excited about that, about the way this man says Brazil, and about the way the man says rebbye baby buggy bumpers. I love reaction to it. It's such a giddy bump. It was such a giddy reaction that she had, like a very school, girly giddy, typical jest.
Speaker 1: Some men do have that voice though, that does like your knees go a little weak and you can't.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: Some man have that voice where it doesn't make a lot of sense, but your your knees go weak and you can't explain it. You're just like, wow, that's a no one.
Speaker 2: So Ty Diggs happened to be one of those people. Now meanwhile, they're having this shot contest, but for some reason, it's only making Coach stronger.
Speaker 1: Arm curls he does with the stripper is one of the funniest things because I was like, that's a that's a real woman. It's not a stripper. It was booked a roll a new girl.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And now it's going to do arm curls with you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, what why?
Speaker 1: Like sometimes when I look at what like a job is in this industry, that's a wild moment in your career.
Speaker 2: I think I remember this being a discussion where you know, it was asked if you know they were trying to like figure out which girl he was comfortable curling so many times, or if they wanted to put like a harness on to help them to help out with the curls. But you know dam is strong, that boy's strong.
Speaker 1: Yes, It's a funny thing because I feel like in those moments where they ask you on the spot, feels like especially men on the spot, like can you do this really physical thing with this woman? Multiple times? Rarely do you see the man say no. Because I'll remember there's a Valentine's Day episode, I think it's season one where it's it's the Youths episode where you know, like they're at the house or whatever, and they asked Max because he has to because I get into a fight in the house to throw me over his shoulder right and walk and walk out. He's gonna take me out of that like the house in this Fountaine's the episode, and I was like, he just like pick up, you know, all one hundred plus pounds of me and just like throw me over his shoulder and walk out. We're gonna do this several takes. And so I went over to Max and I was like, hey, if you want, like when the moment happens, like I'll like help jump, you know, like just to kind of like help or whatever. So and Max was so offented and he was like, I got it, Like I can throw you over my shoulder and walk out of this like I'm good. But then on the first take, Max, I think to like show like I got this, threw me over his shoulder so with such force that I flew up and landed like right on his shoulder and I got the wind knocked out of me. Oh wow, moving his strength, and I remember being like, holy walk moly, like I just flew up in the air and it was etcetera. And I feel like for sure, Damon's like I got armcirl this girl because she was like flailing up and down a little bit and I was like, just slow, slow down. We don't need to know that hard that girl.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, men, you know it's the machifmo we're trying to we're trying to prove.
Speaker 1: Just watch me. And then met all the girls like, okay, we believe you. Slow down.
Speaker 2: It's impressive. It's impressive you can curl the lady. So Jess does call Nick, and what I love about this is coach is he calls her thees g or Naggy Naggy Jillan Hall is my favorite Naggy Naggy chilling all And Nick says that he doesn't need help checking his woman, but because he doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Where, he covers the listening part of the phone and says it loudly in her.
Speaker 2: Ear, that's such a that's that's such a Jake thing.
Speaker 1: I was going to say. And then when he like turns it around, he's like coin toss. He doesn't even know which side it is anymore. Just Jake with the phone.
Speaker 2: That's that's Jake Johnson on the phone. He probably I'm quite certain he's still I mean, the phone is rather easy to use now, but I feel like he's still a little bit like that.
Speaker 1: And proud of and.
Speaker 2: Well Jess overhears this and she tells Nick she's with a man. That's right, it's right, which is my God, this is she she went she did worse than him in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also c C helped make all this happen too, so it's not fully on Jess there, it's kind of that's right, Okay, we found we found some common ground.
Speaker 2: He found some common ground. It's their friends. They're both scorned friends, two friends going through breakups, you know, throwing out on their friends, which is causing them to potentially go through a breakup. Now already offers to give the girls a ride home, just Marvel's at already managed that he managed to stay sober and also that he can use a phone.
Speaker 1: And now CEC realizes, like, hold on, this was just supposed to like scare like Nick a little bit and make just feel like she doesn't have to just sit around and wait. But now it's getting out of hand, and she knows how much Nick and just like really do love each other. They just have not communicated properly on this thing. And now CC is trying to like moonwalk out of this.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. And then meanwhile we go back, you know, we not with this scene ether you see Winston eating lobster because it's the most expensive thing the lobster came out gray by the way, which is like, you don't buy a lobster at a strip.
Speaker 1: Here's my question for you. Was that lobster real?
Speaker 2: The lobster was real? Yes?
Speaker 1: No? Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, lobster is real.
Speaker 1: Why it's like the other thing we talked about in the bar where you had to do that thing with the fish and you're like it was real.
Speaker 2: And I why yeah, they always have real food. Ew I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's that's a huge lobster in front.
Speaker 2: Of you, a huge one. You know. Never the rule is that never buy food from a strip club unless it's in Atlanta, like Atlanta's Atlanta's Strip club. Their their food is the best part of the club. I mean, I believe that Cheatahs shout out to Cheetahs. Uh just great great.
Speaker 1: Can I just say with Cheetahs, is it really just you know, because the men are all.
Speaker 2: Cheatahs, all hilarious. They're not cheating, they're just eating.
Speaker 1: I just want to know. I just want to know if they were being created with the name you feel like cheating tonight, Cheatahs, we got you.
Speaker 2: Nah, they got more class. They're not letting you cheat on your significant other.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're just relationship status.
Speaker 2: They do stays to stay open. You know, a bunch of pissed off wives coming in there, trying to shut the place down. Now, fed up with coaches behavior, Nick exclaims that the relationship it's not toxic.
Speaker 1: He starts to stand up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's like, I love just he's sexy, you know, she's she's smart, you know all these things. He really wants to go home to be with her. And then it's in this moment we see coach just crying. He's crying at a strip club because Malia broke up with him, not the other way around, and he was embarrassed. And he admits which happens. You know, he's trying to fill the void with naked girls. That that's a real thing. I don't know why it doesn't work, but men try it. Women try it too. Now, Winston he buys everyone again. He's got this money he's got to spend, so he buys.
Speaker 1: Us wrap gift for season two, didn't we all get velvet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got velvet rabbit hats or jackets.
Speaker 1: I want to say, and Ril was in a full velvet rabbit sweatsuit. I think erin O'Malley was two. They got the full sweatsuit, which, by the way, I would love one of those.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we should. Let's merch.
Speaker 1: Merch. Yes. Also, Christmas is coming up. If you want to get me.
Speaker 2: Some I ain't doing it.
Speaker 1: I know your assistant. I'm gonna tell her. Lamore told me that he wants Christmas present this year. Could you see if you could find the velvet rabbit full sweatsuit our own line of communication we should do.
Speaker 2: I oh, you sure do. I've been told That's what I've been told. Now, Coach, you know he takes the guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, this conversation, okay, let's go, and.
Speaker 2: He's like, We're gonna I'm gonna confront I'm gonna confront this guy, his new boyfriend. And then they pull up to they pull up to a police station, the police station, which is like what wait what, I'm confused because that means Coach lived in La this whole time and he never visited them. He was so absorbed in this relationship with Malia. But he wants to pull up to a police station and beat up a.
Speaker 1: Drunk fight a cop at the at the police station. So that man is all his people there.
Speaker 2: Winston says, hey, you uh, you know the joke about the four guys walk two white guys, two black guys walking through a police station. The white guys walked out. Uh, you know, but Coach is drunk, you know, and he's trying to get revenge, and Instent' is like, I bet I get left with this cab. Fair, I bet, I bet? And meanwhile, Schmidt, I love that. I love this little light argument they're having where they're hitting each other on the back of the carne.
Speaker 1: Saw a moment in your face. It's whatever, Nick then says to to or Schmid says to Nick, and then Nick reaches over and like slaps him. And I watched you like a Lomorne smile creep across your face because I'm like, how there is no human person that could sit in the middle of that mess when they're in there drunk, acting and fighting across from you, take after you take and not break every single time that is that is like acting Olympics right there, because it's way too hard.
Speaker 2: Whenever one of them hits the other, I start laughing immediately. I And that one was the funniest because it was just like a gentle. Their dancer back and forth had me in tears.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean it's so funny to watch in the three shot mm hmmm. Also the way you delivered the line lift them one.
Speaker 2: I'll try to I'll try to give away his money, funny money. I try to get away, get rid of this money, Sonny. Now the guys they sober up because they see Coach escalating with the cop right.
Speaker 1: By doing like a bunny hop going. Also, damon, oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, Now, Jest, she admits that she you know, she wants to hurt Nick by having a hot conversation with Artie. But you see your mind's Jess, you know although Nick may be drinking on a Tuesday, that she is also drinking on a Tuesday, and that she is a teacher.
Speaker 1: Teacher.
Speaker 2: I love this line where Jess it's like, it's okay, they'll be watching a movie anyway.
Speaker 1: Didn't that make you automatically think about how many times you watched a movie in school? He automatically, I remember, because they used to roll it in thing on top that popped the VHS in. Just sitting in a chair like reading a book, probably trying to sober up or deal with whatever they were actually trying to deal with this is a human being. And it would always be like some like voice over narrated movie like you. It was eighteen sixty eight. She you know, like that some.
Speaker 2: Weird what you were movie. Let me tell you what we were watching third grade, maybe fourth third or fourth grade. Teacher would roll on TV. We'd watch movies like Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 1: You were just like watching real movies like that, educational movies like that, a documentary or something.
Speaker 2: We watched a straight up movies. And Boys in the Him was wild because Boys in the Hood had like violence in it, it had nudity in it. There were like straight up sex scenes in this movie.
Speaker 1: In class, it was.
Speaker 2: Like social studies, and she was just like, we're gonna watch a movie. And I remember I remember like all of us laughing when the sex scene came on because it was full on nudity and it was aggressive. And I remember us the kids laughing like oh, and the teacher going, man, what y'all know about that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: We were like a lot now exactly we know today educated.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, yep.
Speaker 2: Now Nick doesn't have a life plan or a day plan. He throws pizza at seagulls. He's been trying to feed them, and he's a really great kisser. You know, Jess is starting to slowly realize all that she's in her description of all the negative things about him, she slowly starts to move into the positive things about him, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, even the worst things about him she loves and finds endearing, which she realizes, Yeah, she loves that bit. She loves that. I don't say boy, she loves that boy.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, we go back to well she wants him to leave. She's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so CEC says sorry, she owns what was really going on with her, how she pushed it on Jess, that this is like this has gone way out of hand, and so she takes ownership also, like a really sweet Jess and CC moment. It's again one of those things that I feel like this show is always done really well, is that they really they keep the female relationships like that relationship so honest. Yeah, not in the common like they don't do it for a joke, Like they always kept that relationship so true where you can be like, oh, that was that's just me. I'm going through my thing and I'm sorry, I've like dragged you into it, almost screwed up your good thing because of it. It was really sweet and beautiful. One of the things New Girl does so so so so well, and so they're like, all right, we've seen the truth. And Jess also because you love Cecia, is like, that's fine, I get it. The problems. Let's just get this like man out the house and I'm gonna figure this out with Nick. And then Tait Eggs does one of the most yes wild choices when he does the leg extension and then the flicking of the fake water.
Speaker 2: I was impressed by this. I was impressed by the like extension. I'm not gonna lie to you. I was like, I don't know how to do that. My body don't My body don't operate that way. Is a broad Way well, Tate Diggs is a Broadway performer. He sings, he dances, he acts. He's probably taking a lot of our movement classes. Yeah, you know what I mean. So I'm not able to do that, but I will work on it. But my legs don't make it past like ankle like my foot gets about ankle high. That's it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The guys, you know, like coach. You know, Nick taells Coach that they're they're too old for this whole little thing that they got going on this night, and this isn't for us. And Schmidt admits that he is unhappy since moving out, and he blames Nick. And then they start fighting in the most.
Speaker 1: Each other each other, even like the cop is now just standing there. Now they start to fight each other, yes, which is the funniest thing. And they do you gotta I have never heard of this before. I mean, it makes sense because it's like the Achilles heel, the ultimate Achilles heel for a man.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. They fight by flicking each other's penises, which is so strange because men don't do that. You could, we don't do that.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen guys to go like like to do something like that, and you can see someone like back up, but to chase each other around a parking lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just touching each other, hitting each other in the weird.
Speaker 1: It got a little weird, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Now in the middle of all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coach steps up. You think he's about to now like go after the cop, but he has a moment of growth mm hmmm and says like you know what now that I'm I ball and I all do. She's not coming back to me. She's chosen you, so just like take care of her. And you think that that's going to be the end of the scene. But then the cop is Pella Room very rude.
Speaker 2: He's like, of course I'll take care. But because I'm not some loser, I'm like Broul he's up, Doug, He's up.
Speaker 1: That's right, he's up.
Speaker 2: And so they all start making fun of the guy. Like then the rest of the cops come running out, and then they just bolt in the weirdest the fashions. They're running like a four man weave. They're going in and now they're going in, and then you just see Winston b lines it to the right with with with Hussein bolt like speed. I gotta say, I'm quite the runner, so fastest. Was the fastest guy in the cast, by the way, for sure, it wasn't even close. Wasn't even close. Now you come back, like we said, you know, already's naked in her bed.
Speaker 1: He's doing the splashing weird thing. And then also implying that now like CEC should get involved.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes. In the Brazilian.
Speaker 1: The same as what does that actually mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Atleast just take your tops off and say it with me.
Speaker 1: I can't now.
Speaker 2: Nick comes home and you know, she tries to stall, fails miserably, but when she's like, I.
Speaker 1: Got this, I'm really good at this. Watch me. I'm going to talk to him about some table and he just like blows right past her and Jess doesn't have time to get already dressed and to make this not look terrible. And then I honestly one of the just like the best moments, like the best moments I feel like between the Nick and Jess relationship where she just like, you know, like lets it all like spill out. It's not making a lot of sense, but she's just like, this is what really happened, and I know this looks terrible and I can't imagine how you feel right now, and she's just like spiraling. She's like, I just really wish you would believe me, and expecting him to like rip into her because it looks terrible. There's a naked man in your bed, like for real, and he just says, I believe you, and then just like has her back, and it's just like you gotta go, and it was. It's as powerful, I feel like, of a of what most of women want in a relationship representation of that as was the cooler kiss Like. It was just such a like I got you, I know you don't worry about it, and I'm gonna take this song without like putting her on trial. Such a loving, romantic, powerful moment in this series.
Speaker 2: But I agree. He punches the man in the face.
Speaker 1: And you don't you know, but remember he says we're not equal. Artie says we're not equal. So you assume that Nick's gonna let him get out of bed and get dressed so they can have a fair fight. And Nick takes it like I'm going to take my clothes off and get into bed with you to fight you. Is also the greatest comedic turn ever.
Speaker 2: But here's what I'm mad about. You're right, just did nothing, and she had the best of intentions, and she strategized incorrectly in this evening. However, however, you did put yourself into a horrible situation by inviting but yeah, but inviting a strange man to your no c He tried to get him to leave, and she's like, no, we're coming home. He's taking us home. You did this man, and now this man has to come and get into a fight because of that decision, she didn't have to go to the strip club and fight.
Speaker 1: No strip I just have to say, relationships, you got to learn some things the hard way. Trust me.
Speaker 2: What if Nick couldn't fight, and then what if Nick couldn't fight and he couldn't sucker punch? Now he over here getting beat up on top of the whole thing in his house by a naked man who's clearly much stronger and better looking, and he's getting beat up because she was feeling some type out way, like what this is what you put You put this man through this?
Speaker 1: He loved her anyway, Yeah, anyway, the sucker punch.
Speaker 2: Was good though, because a cool punch.
Speaker 1: It was a cool punch.
Speaker 2: She did pop him. Anyway, They go and dump him. H They addressed him in the strip club merch and then they dumb him in the elevator. Then we cut to winds to bringing home food from the strip club, the deep dish gyrator, uh, the main stage, fish tacos, the poor, some for some on me meatballs.
Speaker 1: Sugar on me meatballs, and the best, the best pancake name I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Short stack ass clap pancakes. Now, you know at the end, Whinston's trying to get his loft makes the chip in at least fifty cents on the dollar for the food. But obviously ignore him or we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Okay, should we do one mess around question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll let you ask it.
Speaker 1: If you had to do an erotic dance, what song would you select?
Speaker 2: The thong song by Cisco I was.
Speaker 1: We Can't Let Go, we Can't let go of It from the last episode we did we Can't Let go of It. It's also just like, it's a good song to dance.
Speaker 2: It's a very catchy song. Either either that or It's Getting Hot in Here by Nelly. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of those two. One of those. The videos were cool. Cisco is running on top of a crowd of people. That thought was really hilarious in that video.
Speaker 1: You know what one of my other favorites is, which would be fun to dance to the.
Speaker 2: Bottom jeans well floorider, Come on.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's a good one. Everybody would be you would be dancing alone?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yea yeah, yea, Yeah, that's what you need.
Speaker 1: You need a good sing along.
Speaker 2: See not up there dancing alone. I can't be like I can't just be out there dance by myself strip and I need somebody. That's the group strip. Yeah, everybody doing it well, folks. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We love you so so much and we love that you allow us to do this for you. So please make sure you follow us on ig at the mess Around pod or you can send us a voicemail or leave us a letter at the mess Around pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because sometimes we do loft meetings where we answer all of your burning questions if you don't know what really like something that didn't make sense in an episode, or you notice something and we address it on the laft meeting, So make sure you send in a voicemail then you can hear your voice all right here on the podcast.
Speaker 2: What are we doing next week?
Speaker 1: Anna coming back with three zo eight menu.
Speaker 2: Menus piece That was the mess Around. This has been an iHeartMedia production. Our executive producer is Joel Moniche, our engineer an editor is Mia Taylor. Edition a production from Daniel Goodman Wendy Heisler and Kyle Vron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson. So We're gonna catch you next time. Bye,