Speaker 1: You guys have cherish. It's more intimidating. No injuries right now. I'm sure there'll be something tomorrow, but there's nothing right now. Go ahead, and what impressed you the most lot?
Speaker 2: I mean, just how we overcame a bunch of stuff. I didn't think we played perfect ball by any means, I thought, which you never do, but I was just happy that the mistakes that we did make we always overcame. I was real disappointed, you know, getting those first two turnovers and not scoring on either of them, having a punt. Then when we get the third turnover, we actually score ourselves on defense, but we have to call it back and that was strategic so we could let the offense do it. So finally we were able to do one, and then being able to get that fourth one was cool. You know, play complimentary football took us a while a little bit back and forth, but once I thought we were playing both well on both sides, that's when the score became what it did strategic If you were on the.
Speaker 1: Sideline, what's that?
Speaker 3: Would that penalty have not been strategic if you hadn't been one of the ones on the field for it?
Speaker 1: Is that one? Yeah? No, I would have been mad at whoever did it. No, I was.
Speaker 2: I was mad at myself and I thought the play was over. We kind of see and everyone jumped up. And so when that happens, you're getting out there to start to congratulate people coming back, and they're not coming back to congratulators, they're running.
Speaker 1: Back at us.
Speaker 2: So everyone got it. We we know the rules definitely, we know you can't go on the field. I just I personally thought the play was over. They ran right by us, and it was very unfortunate because it's a good learning experience for our team.
Speaker 1: We do show that stuff, but it's it was.
Speaker 2: Short lived because we ended up scoring, so we can live with it, but good learning example for us. I'm not sure if you went back to it, but that first play was a five pan front on the defense. Was that something that you had charged out over the buy and kind of set its own No, I mean, I think we've mixed that in a little bit throughout the year at times. I think we did a verus Pittsburgh, I want to say, in one of the first couple of plays, and I know we did a versus Minnesota, I believe on Mooney's pick they're in the first quarter, I think, so it's something we mix in and but now, I thought their playing was real good today and it seemed effective.
Speaker 3: What did you think of the Big Books did he do?
Speaker 1: I thought he was great. Uh.
Speaker 2: I think Nick's been playing well all year, but for him to get to get the sack and stuff cost a turnover. I know how much he loves playing in Florida too, so it was cool to have a big game from him a day.
Speaker 1: Thought all of 'em played Big Books on the field, and sorry, what's that? What was it like having Steve Books in the building.
Speaker 3: How do you think get helped him?
Speaker 2: I mean I ran into him a couple more times. I mean I hear his voice wherever he is, So I mean I enjoy him down there. I last of players how they thought. I'm excited to talk to Steve on the plane see what he felt. But again, that's nothing against you guys or anything, but just I've been coaching a long time and I think that's one of the most overrated things in the world. So but I I enjoyed him down there to day. What was a call process on on trying to get a Canter free touchdown there?
Speaker 1: If you.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, eighteen games in a row is a big record, So I mean, if we had a chance to do that, I was gonna try to do it for him, and you sold nerve wrecking. Last thing I want to do is get him hurt. But once we got it was a big time for Elijah to run the ball like that to get us down there. Brock In, I think Ronnie made a huge third down throw. I believe that gave us a chance. And once we got close and we told him to stay loose cause we were gonna try and got close.
Speaker 1: Wish we could have.
Speaker 2: Done it for him, but I think that was a pretty big accomplishment just to do it for seventeen games straight.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was awesome, said he knew right when I saw him. I was like, hey to Hope, you know why were trying to do that? And he was very well aware they he said, they were talking about it. So hopefully it didn't offend him too much.
Speaker 3: You know, people would have some people would hear me a freaked out from the coffee, got hurt on the most of those players, you were ready, obviously ready to assume the risk, could take the heat. I if that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I try to make decisions not based off of having to talk to you after the game. I try to make it on what I think's right for a team. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong. Mm. But I'm not gonna think about you until after the game. So and I could just deal with it.
Speaker 1: And practice recently.
Speaker 3: That maybe the confidence that to make move today.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean Amory's been I think Ambry's made a lot of strides going back to even training camp and stuff. But it was nothing against anyone in particular. I just wanted to see a demo in the nickel a little bit, and Demo's got a kind of a knack for that, and it'll be fun to go watch him on the plane and stuff see how we did. But for us to make that choice, Amby was the next man up outside. From when I saw there, it seemed like he had a big impact. I know, watching him and Nick there on that same play just I mean, I'll see when I watched the tape, but just having him out there and allowing our rotation to go, and from what it looked like to me, I thought it. I thought we were rushed collectively. The best that I had seen you know, it's I'll tell you guys tomorrow after I watched it on the plane, but just watching alive on the sidelines, it seemed collectively our group had their best game yet and that's the goal. How the beginning of the second half. I know that you always strive to do that, but could you kind of feel like, could you breathe a little bit easier after that basically a ten point possession. Yeah, that was our first time this year that I felt like we did it right. That we scored on the last play at the second quarter, and we started out with it in the third quarter, so and then we got that touchdown. So that that's what we try to do every week. We were successful this week. It was very nerve wracking watching them icear kicker than the TV network icear kicker. I didn't know what was going on, but that third kick, it was a little tight too, but it worked.
Speaker 3: So glad touchdown pass was that.
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, that was honestly one of I can say this because he played his ass, played well, but that was like one of his worst decisions. I think he's a mazed aince he's been.
Speaker 1: Here and it took me a while to get over it.
Speaker 2: But I thanked him for the touchdown, but that that was not a good decision and he was fortunate with it, but he made a lot of really good plays. And if you are going to make a bad decision and it's still a touchdown the grand scheme of things, he can tell me it was really good decision. But uh, I know, we can't. H he knows that he he knows what he did wrong.
Speaker 1: But uh, you made him right well.
Speaker 3: Pretty much, I guess po positive, which I w I W course, uh is uh the fact that you know he he you know, too many picks, too many you know, bad mistakes by Brock. The fact that that was the first drive that yeah, he didn't want of it, but the obviously still was a scared and was still still slinging it. Maybe not great, but I meanes that tell you something that he still wasn't playing scared in despite what the university.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's been playing the same way all this time, and you don't feel it from him at all. That's that's why I kind of been you know, and I know he's had some turnovers here and they're in our losses, but you know, you ask anyone who's watched all those games and stuff. He was one of the best players on the field in those games, and you're always responsible for those turnovers. And but Brock, there's none where you're sitting there saying he's taken too many bad decisions.
Speaker 1: That was one.
Speaker 2: Definitely, it's gonna happen with guys. But I love having a guy who isn't thinking about that. He's trying to make the right decisions, letting her rip and he'll live with the consequences and try to get better when it's not.
Speaker 3: The two phases of the game. You guys just held Don Peterson and Trevor Lawrence off a by without scoring. Is it a similar first? Is this what you envisioned your defense to look like?
Speaker 1: In second? Is this simple as you guys just winning early down.
Speaker 2: I think it's just playing one game at a time and not getting caught up in anything like I mean, they had a bunch of big plays. It's it seemed like it. I mean, they they got a number of they got it going with their screens a number of times that we had some big penalties that hurt us. They had some exposive plays that got down there. Every time, it seemed like they got going. Our guys just never stopped, and you don't get points to you cross the goal line or kick it through the uprights. And our guys made so many plays when they were getting down there. They just were relentless today and kept going for that ball, and eventually everything took care of itself, and it was real close. I mean, he was adamant that he was gonna play and he was able to do enough to you know, I'd say, whatever the percentage is eighty or whatever. But it is tough because the last thing I wanted to do is go out there and re injure it or make it work so we can't play next week. So it was a tough. We talked about it a lot, all the coaches and him. We're gonna keep it a hard eye on him as it went. But I thought he performed well under the circumstances, and the biggest thing was just talking him there on the sideline. He didn't zing it, got out healthy and no stepback. So I don't have to answer Eric's questions, what did you see on the touchdown? It looked like Brock was working with zero room to us with.
Speaker 1: The line in front of them. Yeah, I mean it was a look we were hoping for.
Speaker 2: It just takes a while and Ba's running the en route and George is running out route and takes a little bit of time to get down the sidelines with a leverage that I believe it thirty three had on him, and Brock just tried to wait for it and waited as long as he could so pumped he got it off, but he had to throw with some anticipation and didn't know if Brock was if George was going to be able to get to it because he had a bow around, a little rub of man coverage, but beautiful touch on the ball. George has the skill set to explode through it. And that was a huge second play of the half horse. All right, Thanks guys, Thanks