Speaker 1: I can name so many strong black women, but I can't name a lot of black women that are free. So I think that's what makes you all unique. Is that how? I mean? How many strong black women do?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Millions, all of them, you know what I mean. So it's like, but people like seeing you all get to be yourselves and don't like you don't feel tied down to anything like that's very unique.
Speaker 3: Well thank you.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's crazy that that's unique, right, you know, But when you think about it, we have to kind of learn to be comfortable in our freedom because we've been taught so often to conform and to be quiet and to take up less space and to like just be quiet, you know. So it is like a tool, a muscle that has to be exercised. Welcome back to good mom's bad choices.
Speaker 3: I'm Erica and I'm Mela.
Speaker 4: Happy hump day, Happy hump day, bitches.
Speaker 2: It's time to smoke.
Speaker 3: A bloo and it's time to smoke a blah. Is it back with a clock and your nipples up?
Speaker 2: It's not out nipples.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many times gonna tell you my areolas are camouflage.
Speaker 3: They're camouflage. So yeah, you can't see it.
Speaker 2: If you're on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Go now look at Mila's nipples the one one minute mark.
Speaker 3: Maybe you'll see mine because mine are really big and they keep popping out of my dress.
Speaker 4: This is how we entice people to come to our come to our YouTube channel. So all twenty thousand of our subscribers mostly came over to see our nipples.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, it's like twenty four thousand. And if you haven't subscribed, make sure you click the subscribe buttons. You get alerted every time our beautiful faces hit the YouTube channels.
Speaker 4: We got a nice studio and shit, we look good. We're getting dressed and putting all makeup and shit, yeah pla.
Speaker 3: Today I'm wearing or because I'm flirty and it's the end of summer and I wanted to feel flirty and orange. And I have these beautiful accessories on if you dare accessories. This is a female founded, female owned, black owned accessory business. And I like my earrings. They're very bushy there.
Speaker 4: Look you're petting soft.
Speaker 3: It's soft that come in many different colors.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like something from Whoville.
Speaker 3: Well you know that, you know in the episode we did with Laron Lionel and I had the pink ones. Oh yeah, yeah, she makes those.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing a Djon dress with a high split up my sex.
Speaker 1: Jon.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like it's like mustard. I've never heard anyone call the color dijon. Ever, well today you did. It's called Dijon mustard.
Speaker 1: Bitch.
Speaker 4: I was looking at it to just figure out what the color was, and I chose Dijon mustard because I'm spicy. This is by Vintage Souls and we actually have a discount code advantage Souls. Let me give it, Let me do my jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was on, Oh wow, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna you're gonna gonna be standing totally out of camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See you like that little slate you can pull it, pull it to make it. Oh yeah, I love the form fitting this. It looks good on all shapes and sizes. The material is soft, kind of like those Calvin Klein underwear that you know, those sheets and those underwear that other one likes. And if you're on YouTube, you can see Mila shaking her big fat booty and her nipples out again.
Speaker 4: You know, just a little something some you know, I just want to, you know, show my haters a little ass shaken for the day. You know, set your mood off right.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna roll the bloot today?
Speaker 3: I can, yeah, roll it up, Roll it up up today, Nelly. Shout out to Nelly, our podcast producer. We had no weed, and so she gifted us with hers. And it's actually not weed at all, or it is weed sort of weed. It's cbdhweed.
Speaker 4: It's slow ghweed's so hopefully we won't get midway down through the conversation.
Speaker 3: You'll be so smart. I'm gonna say, we're gonna get We're gonna smoke that whole blunt still be smart.
Speaker 4: I'm usually smart when I smoke. We I just have to smoke it like halfway through the episode. I don't know if you guys notice if we smoke weed, we only smoke it halfway through the episode because if we start too early, we'll us like five years to figure this out. I thought four and a half years. If we start before, then the whole episode would be fucked. But if we start the episode and then we get into a good conversation and then we hit it, then we get smarter.
Speaker 3: It elevates.
Speaker 4: We got to get into the conversation. First, yeah, we can't. We can't depend on start here. No, unless it's four twenty. This is our tactic.
Speaker 2: How are you today, my love.
Speaker 4: I'm doing fine. I'm doing really good. I am. I decided that I was gonna invite everybody I ever knew in my contact list to my housewarming party. Perfect, And now I just realize it's tomorrow and I ain't got shit.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, I gotta go on Amazon and buy your and got out of your list. You know what I was thinking about this. I need to start We need to start creating Amazon grifflis and just post them on social media, and then we can live the life we want.
Speaker 4: I'm about to post my registry. I'm much post.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm posting everything on social bitch, buy my whole house.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is like Amazon has everything.
Speaker 3: Because I really do want new things, and I feel like, you know, I love you guys. I feel like we enricher lives every week. You know, we give you a lot. The least you could do was buy me a fucking candle so something.
Speaker 4: If you buy me a housewarming gift, I'm gonna put I'm gonna prop my phone up at the housewarming and put on live so you can tune in, you could be there.
Speaker 3: Basically, just know it's gonna be the dip teak candle. So that bitch cost about one hundred and twenty, but it's gonna be worth it. And I'm gonna thank you so much. I'll even thank you live on the show. I'll say your name and I'll say thank you, thank you so much Richard for buying me the dip teak candle.
Speaker 4: I know what I was thinking about it. I was like, why didn't we do that with the office. Why didn't we have a house office warming? And like let everyone because.
Speaker 1: We were these hundreds of pressed.
Speaker 2: We didn't have time to wait waste. We had a lot.
Speaker 3: We had to capitalize on that Black Friday sale. We literally designed our whole office on a Black Friday sale.
Speaker 2: We bought as.
Speaker 3: Much as we could in like a two day period Cyber Monday, Black Friday.
Speaker 4: I'm about to put interior designer on my resume for sure, he too, because I'd be design and shit, I'm a clothing designer and an interior designer actually, and I designed my life yeah, master manifesto, designer of all things, and it's done.
Speaker 3: And the designer of perfectly rolled vanilla Backwoods.
Speaker 4: And now for the final touch, just a little, just a little oh oh yeah, just one little drop of honey.
Speaker 3: That's what the girls like someone. I think in our last clip that was on Instagram, I was talking about how niggas always suck on.
Speaker 4: The blunt, I know, and then I was like, so ilmo erotic.
Speaker 2: I was like, we probably could have left that right now.
Speaker 4: This is how you know, we don't really we don't really funnel through an edit because I'd be like, huh, that could have Maybe I shouldn't had to say that. Somewhere our nigga's over there smell backing down as blunt, thinking about me calling him homoerotic, mad as hell.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: Don't teach me no new words because I would be using him. Oh yeah, that's homoerotic.
Speaker 3: But people often ask us why we put the honey on the blunt. Well, we put the honey on the blunt because A it makes it a lot. Bitch, are you are you that niggas that sucks on the blunt? Like, are you the person I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: What's happening over it tastes good?
Speaker 1: What the fu?
Speaker 3: So the blunt with the honey makes it take bitch, Why does the sound?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I like it.
Speaker 3: The blunt with honey makes it taste sweet, and then also it helps it burn slower. But if you're Jamila and you sucked every ounce of the honey off the blunt, I don't know if it's gonna make it burn slower. It's fine, Okay, So.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put this aside, and so we start talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's only seven percent. Okay, okay, just give a second.
Speaker 1: Doing it now?
Speaker 2: Just light it? Okay, where's the lighter? Oh the candle?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, okay, let's get a little bit hah ha, just a little bit ha ha, A ton of bit every day, just a ton of bit ha had.
Speaker 3: Orlando, make sure you drop the beat there anyway, y'all, I know you don't believe us, but we actually have a guest here who's been sitting in silence next to us, just trying not to laugh. We are really excited because this guest came to us via our tribe. We posted something on Instagram. We were looking for people in the birthing space, the fertility space, and we were led to doctor Raquel the fertility aka at the Fertility Advantage and she is a fertility expert. So welcome to the show, doctor Raquel. And I know you said I don't have to call you doctor, but I feel like, bitch, you worked really.
Speaker 2: Hard for that.
Speaker 1: I paid for that.
Speaker 4: You invested in that title before listen.
Speaker 2: Before the episode started, she was like, I don't have to say that.
Speaker 3: I was like, my daughter will call me a doctor if I am a doctor, doctor, mom, doctor, e whatever, like my nigga while we're fucking.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that'd be so fun. Like call me doctor.
Speaker 3: I call me doctor dick. Oh he doesn't want to do that. I'd be lay because my last name is Dickerson.
Speaker 2: That's going to work.
Speaker 4: Well, just put the sun on it. You can't just say doctor dick.
Speaker 2: I mean just it's kind of long, it doesn't roll off the tongue.
Speaker 4: Dr Matt role play as a doctor.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't have the debt. But just keep calling me doctor. I'm the six. Sorry, just took away from your intro because we're ridiculously immature.
Speaker 2: Hi, thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me. I know everybody says this, but I really am a big fan of what you do, and all of my friends are huge fans of what you do. And you, I don't know if you really realize how much you allow people to just feel free. You know, like I don't have to just be a mom, Like I can be anything I want to be. I can be sexual, you know, I can explore or I can learn. But I'm so glad that you all are having me today.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I really received that. Sometimes we'd be talking to the people, but we can't really see anyone, so it's just like, does any make care? Yeah, this morning we had an interview with Essence asking us about Kiki Palmer's boyfriend. I'm like, They're like, this is what they called us for. I'm like, I can't believe Essence is calling me for this, but hello, And she was like, did you guys go to school for this? And I was like for women being free?
Speaker 2: I know, we were just talking.
Speaker 3: She's like, I just have a question. Did you guys go to hire learning for this? And me and bl Lover we're texting on the.
Speaker 4: Side, like, I was like, I have a master's degree.
Speaker 2: We should start telling people.
Speaker 4: We did, like women's studies. We started gender and Sexuality Studies, women's freedom studies, Liberal women's liberal doctor.
Speaker 3: I'm a doctor of freedom, doctor freedom.
Speaker 1: I'm leading.
Speaker 4: It's like, it's like, it's like, what's no, I'm Harriet Tubman, what why? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Where's this going?
Speaker 4: I'm leading the women to freedom? Oh now, on the underground, on the manustream railroad.
Speaker 2: On the men's stream, the men's stream. The mention.
Speaker 1: And it's so true too, because I remember I don't know where I saw that, but I remember somebody saying, like I can name so many strong black women, but I can't name a lot of black women that are free. So I think that's what makes you all unique? Is that? How? I mean? How many strong black women do? You know? Millions? All of them, you know what I mean. So it's like, but people like seeing you all get to be yourselves and don't like you don't feel tied down to anything like that's very unique.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you?
Speaker 4: Wow, it's crazy that that's unique, right, you know? But when you think about it, we have to kind of you kind of have to learn to be comfortable in our freedom because we've been taught so often to conform and to be quiet and take up less space than to like just be quiet, you know. So it is like a tool, a muscle that has to be exercised to be like am I am? I sure maybe, but fucked But I might regret this later, but yellow exactly, there's nothing better I'd rather be known for.
Speaker 2: Same. Amen.
Speaker 3: Well, So we have never had anyone on the show talk about fertility and infertility, and I think that this is, I don't want to say, a taboo topic, but it is a topic that I think a lot of women feel ashamed about, or they don't really know where to go to get resources, or they think the resources are beyond them more too expensive to explore. Scared because the bitch that's me. I'm like, I've been wanting to go get my eggs tested for a while because I have been very dangerous, and the bitch don't get pregnant. So I was like, is this what they wrong with me? Because I used to think that even before I had my daughter, and I was in my twenties and I was just letting my baby daddy shoot up the club like every thing that and nothing was happening. So I was like, am I broke not not to say that if if you can't have children, are not broken. But that's that was really how I felt. And then I got pregnant.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think I just thought of that because for a long for like over a year and a half, I was like, I was like, my baby, daddy, shoot up the club. And I was like, maybe I can't get pregnant, but I think spiritually, I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Fucked up, bitch.
Speaker 3: Don't get pleass fucked up here with this this ideology. You was protected by God being she don't get pregnant by that fuck nigga.
Speaker 4: But then God was like, this is the eight hundred and ninety eighth time you did not I got the message pregnant.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't try to warry you for real.
Speaker 4: I feel like no, I do feel like not. I'm not necessarily like I'm been pregnant by some niggs. I didn't even get pregnant by. But like that, you have to like your your body has to want to receive the sperm. And I do believe in that solid year and a half, my God was like, are you.
Speaker 3: Sure, bitch?
Speaker 4: Mine was about four years because it was like in our prime, damn our prime twenties you know the eggs, I be one to get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was four years like like legit really and then I got scared. So then I was actually kind of trying to get pregnant, but like not like saying that out loud, but.
Speaker 4: Just to like check, you get some furz on three earrings.
Speaker 2: And then it's true. Actually I got.
Speaker 3: I ended up getting pregnant on vacation, and I was very relaxed, and I was very happy, and I was very free. And if you read our book A Good Mom's Guy to Making Bad Choices, which you can find on Amazon or Barnes and Noble or your local black bookstore, or click the link in this episode description, you can hear about this story and how anal Sex got me pregnant.
Speaker 1: But I need to hear this story.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I I really I really thought I couldn't get pregnant, and then I did, and I was like, okay, cool. But even after since then, I've had partners or i've you know, not always maybe been the safest, and I've never gotten pregnant. So maybe it is God protecting me again, or maybe it is my.
Speaker 2: Low egg cow who knows.
Speaker 3: But I actually went to a doctor and got a prescription or whatever a form to go get tested for get my eggs tested, and I never went because I got scared. I just never went.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess it's like then if you get this information, then what right? But now, you know, I feel like it's like so appropriate that you're here now, because like if you're just starting to listen to the show, like we started, I was twenty nine. We're like twenty nine and thirty when we started the show, and so like, fertility was not even a fucking question. In fact, I kept getting fucking pregnant like a dumb bitch. And then I so but as we age and like even some of my friends are you know, wanting to have kids or they're going to get their eggs checked, I'm like, huh. And now and now that we're considered geriatric pregnancy age, these are conversations that really should be common you And I'm also Jeriachic. I hate that word me too.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 4: Don't say that word to know you don't that's that doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Let's call it like periatric. I sound like I'm my he's on a walker.
Speaker 4: It's intentional pregnancy. I feel like if you get pregnant for thirty five. It's intentional pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen. My aunt was like, if you choose your baby daddy wrong at this age, you just don't do the fuck.
Speaker 4: You know, it's as long as as something.
Speaker 1: I am thirty five. She was like you, I mean, come on, because now you got all the tools to know that.
Speaker 4: You know he was you know, he was a baby daddy material, right right. Listen.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you sound like you just got to fuck around and get a baby and to learn your.
Speaker 2: Lesson exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: No, it's even at.
Speaker 3: Thirty five, even at forty. You know, you just don't know until you do it. And you're like, damn.
Speaker 1: And I think, like you were saying about the test, I remember so many like people calling in just saying like, oh, I just watched the show Harlem, and I don't know if y'all watched.
Speaker 3: Harlem, but that was making that's making a good chow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But it was like a group of women and like two of them went and got tested, and that like sparked a huge thing amongst black women to start talking about it. I love that, Oh there's a test that I can do to see what my ovarian reserve is and your ovarian reserve is just how many eggs you have left. So that was probably the test your doctor was having you do. And if you get that information and it's bad, then you have a decision to make. Like I have a low ovarian reserve. This means that I have a very low chance of getting pregnant, you know, if I don't make a plan in the next few years or I need to freeze my eggs immediately. So sometimes people don't even want to get the test because they're like, I don't want to know. If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, oh well, m yeah, So how did you.
Speaker 2: Get into this work?
Speaker 3: Like, as obviously you're a doctor, did you always know you wanted to be in women's health in that way as you journeyed into doctorhood? No?
Speaker 1: No, So I actually went to school to be a naturopathic doctor, and then once I.
Speaker 3: Was in school, it's a naturopathic doctor.
Speaker 1: So a naturopathic doctor they're classified as like primary care doctors. But we believe that, like we believe in the body's abilities to heal itself. So like prevention is cure. I love that and it you know, I feel like more doctor and more spaces are adopting this, like functional medicine or root calls medicine. It's just naturopathic medicine with a bow on it. But we really believe that our bodies are capable of doing anything. And that's how I entered into the space of fertility. So when I first got started, I had a friend Melanie, whose mom was obgyn in Atlanta, and I was like, I don't know what I want to do. I know I want to do women's health, and so I went to their practice in midtown Atlanta and I kept seeing all of these women because they were all able to get pregnant. But then I was seeing the women that couldn't get pregnant, and I was like, well, what happens to them? You know? And they were like, oh, I don't know, uh, you know, we have to just refer them out, like it's literally nothing. And it was so it was so quiet in the room.
Speaker 2: It was like like no one had ever asked this question.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was just like they were like, oh, sorry, it's been a year, you know, or it's been six months, so we got to refer you out. But you could literally feel the silence and so I was just like, Okay, where do those women go? And that's what I want to figure out. And so I was in school in San Diego, finishing up med school, and there was a doctor who worked at San Diego Fertility Center and she wanted to work specifically o good. She wanted to work I'll be all time tied. She wanted to work specifically with naturopathic medical students because she was trying to see how the environment affected our fertility. And so she was doing all this research just like the actual like just environment earth yes, or like plastics, pollution, mercury, arsenic. So she was actually testing these things in very young women who couldn't get pregnant. And so she was just looking for people to help her with the research. And that's literally how I got in.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm so curious about this research though, Like what was.
Speaker 4: Handsmaid's Tale?
Speaker 1: The first so true, it's real. So it showed that especially people that traveled to like China, like a lot of her patients were people that like traveled often, or even people in California that you know, maybe ate a lot of sushi, ate a lot of fish. She it just didn't make sense to her that people in their twenties were not able to get pregnant, and she's like, this is this is like the ideal time. So something's going on. So she would literally do blood tests and urine test to look for like arsenic camium ten mercury, and every single time it just lit up.
Speaker 2: I'm scared. I eat a lot of fish. I'm stopping. No more fish.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, So it literally it literally showed how those things impacted, you know, your fertility. And so she was doing that and then I worked with her for a few years and then lo and behold, I met a doctor in Beverly Hills. He was doing the same thing, and that's how I got my first job.
Speaker 3: And mmm, wow doing it for a while now that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you saw an issue and a problem and then you said, hey, how can I resolve that? Yeah, especially for like it's so like just brown and black women specifically, to see something that looks like you and be able to feel comfortable in that space because it is, I think, and people people don't even know it's an option, because freezing your eggs is a luxury, and so it's like if that's not even an option in your mind, you don't even think about, you know, all those things so do your work is so important.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you. You really don't think about it. And I think it was so important for me to follow the path that I did, because I think that sometimes the wires can get crossed, you know, like when people try to step on other people's hos. Like if you break your arm, you can now go see a naturopathic doctor. You got to go see a surgeon, right, you know what I mean. I think that sometimes that's where it gets messed up. But like a lot of the doctors that I've been lucky enough to work with, they understand that prevention is also a part of the treatment, you know. And so we would work with people that were very young, had a very low Oberian reserve. We would test like their heavy metals there, you know, if they were depleted in micronutrients, we would restore that and then it would allow them to have like a better outcome for egg freezing and stuff like that. But what I noticed, and I was working in Beverly Hill, so I get it, but I started noticing that white women were bringing their eighteen year old daughters in to have their ovarian reserve test. It. So they're like, oh, my daughter wants to go to law school or med.
Speaker 4: School, or we want to see how long we have what right the parent?
Speaker 1: The parents they were like, I want to see you know what her bearing a reserve is?
Speaker 2: Like why is that any mouses?
Speaker 4: First of all, but they were helping me and maybe it's kind or maybe it runs in their family, like sometimes you know, if the only menipies is something like a generic I mean genetic, can I get it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess. I guess.
Speaker 2: Maybe I would hope it would be more the daughter. Maybe not. I don't know. It's not like they're forced.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're gonna get those I just not like Candmaid's Tale.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, this creepy.
Speaker 3: But I could see in actually empowering your child to kind of just have a ton not kind of having autonomy over your body and having as much information as possible exactly.
Speaker 1: And they were so young, and so as women, we are born with all the eggs will ever have. So bringing them in at eighteen is allowing them to see like, oh, this is what my fertility health is like in the present. I may I may need to go ahead and freeze my eggs now. So then in the future, when I'm done with med school, law school, I'm thirty five forty, I have eggs from when I'm eighteen. But that is right, So that's privilege though you.
Speaker 4: Have your like those are your highest agg even right now if we froze our So I just recently had Luna's aunt went to this process and explained it to me, and I was like, lo, and I told her you were coming on the show, but I had no idea the level, like you have to get the prime mist eggs. So essentially, if we froze our eighteen year old eggs, a there's a lot of them, and be they're the best so and versus us freezing them right now, it's like they're all not gonna make it. And now it's like, oh, it's gonna be your thirty five year old eggs and that's your potent eighteen year old ones.
Speaker 3: Are people just like are people just genetically I guess predisposed to having like some people just have more eggs from the beginning, or like there's not a certain amount of eggs a human has, right, so you could you could just genuinely be born with a low egg count or is it ever low and it or just suddenly decreases. I'm sure there's other factors involved, like health and all those things.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Yes, So it just decreases over time. So we all start with a pretty good amount of eggs, and then over time we just lose more and more. Like by the time we have our first period, we're already down a ton, and so we lose them over time.
Speaker 4: But like you're saying, but you're you're losing eggs even before your first period, no, which is trash.
Speaker 3: So like I was losing I was losing eggs at ten.
Speaker 1: It's like literally and it like I can't remember the exact number, but like literally, as we're aging, we're already losing eggs, like we're born with all the eggs we have quite literally born with, and then by the time we have our first period, we're already down a ton. But that's why we're always so skeptical, like, oh, how are these teenagers getting pregnant so early? Because they're supposed to because genetically that's how they're just like right, right, yeah, yeah, so right right, because I don't know that, but not supposed to.
Speaker 2: I don't because.
Speaker 4: Not figured it out.
Speaker 1: You're fertile as fuck right now, like this is why it's happening. But but yeah, I think like just seeing those girls, it really helped me to see like I have to create a space for black women to know, like, girl, you need to at least just see where you are, you know, because sometimes we don't feel like that's a possibility for us to even just know where we are, or we just don't want to know, or we assume like I'll be fine, like my mom was fine, so I'll be fine, And that's not always the case.
Speaker 4: Okay, get your eggs checked together.
Speaker 3: Will you hold my hand when we get the results? Yes, well you want me some eggs if I need them. I don't think you're lacking in the egg department, my love, I think you are. You are a Jamaican egg holder.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that that maybe I have a too many, maybe you have your teenage eggs still. But that's another thing that I learned, is that because one of my friends got her eggs checked and then she she was saying like hers are good but not great, or like how are the amounts or the quality of it, and the doctor was telling her they could be great today six months from now, those motherfuckers could be like, yeah, there's there's no way.
Speaker 1: To little fear, I know.
Speaker 4: And that's why it's like maybe I understand like not knowing just but also we have the and this is not the piece but kind of the pieces that we already have experienced that we have one child. So for someone who has had not had any children, and you know, right, and you know, it is empowering, and it is like and we are like like about the eighteen year olds going, but I'm like, if we were born into money and they're born to money and their money, they would be like, of course we're going to the dentist today. You know, you don't have to, but you can, you know, it's just.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you can't.
Speaker 4: Do you want your eggs reserved? Your eighteen year old eggs?
Speaker 1: Come on, come on lad, right, right, let's just fifteen k you know, let's just do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's super expensive and it's and that's another thing. It's also very like kind of trying on the body. Right, you have to administer yourself shots, you have to see the doctor every day or every other day, like you have to go to the doctor's office every other day. You're and so you have to commit and then I got all these other things right, And it can take like six weeks, it can take two months because they're testing your eggs cont hopefully if you have a good doctor.
Speaker 1: Wait to get tested, you have to do all this or to actually freeze freeze.
Speaker 4: Okay, well to freeze you have to start looking at the eggs and getting the healthiest eggs. So they have to monitor you. So in order to do that, do have a significant amount of time. And then you have to do all these things, these hormone shots to up the eggs and make them the primest eggs. And so that may take one month, that may take two months. Like you think I'm the FIA, I know. I'm like, are you the fertility pressure?
Speaker 1: I had one?
Speaker 4: I had, So I just had this conversation. I was like, who fucking knew? I had no idea. Everyone's talking about like freeze and eggs. I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 3: Even in tail?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Is she gonna for hear it? So wait, let's talk about the pricing because I've always I'm always at like, is it I mean, obviously this is a privilege if you can do something like this in ways right, can you Is there any way to put this on insurance? Is there any way to like, are they things you can get around this? Because like, what are the options for people that don't have just fifteen thousands of fifteen thousand dollars of disposable income to do something like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 3: Get a sugar daddy, can't image one? Get a sugari step one, Get a sugar daddy, step two.
Speaker 2: But no, but no, it is super expensive.
Speaker 1: It's fifteen thousand dollars. It's like the average price in the US. Most insurances don't cover it, which is so trash. But most insurances make you qualify as infertile before paying for any type of fertility care. So what a lot of people do is they find jobs that cover this care. So the health tech company I work at, we work with employers to make sure employees have a fertility benefit. So what a lot of young women have been doing is getting like part time jobs at big tech companies or Starbucks. There are different like small companies where you can work for them even part time and they have that fertility benefit.
Speaker 2: At Starbucks you can do that.
Speaker 4: So you gotta have work part time at a a company that believes in your fertility to be able to avoid the fifteen to twenty five thousand.
Speaker 3: Wild So, like when you do get tested for infertility, what is that process, Like, what.
Speaker 4: Do you have to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's called Oberian reserve testing, and it's a blood test, simple blood tests that they do, you know, when you go to the doctor, and they'll look at like three different things. So typically they'll look at like your follical stimulating hormone, your anti malarian hormone, and your estrogen and all of these hormones together tell the doctor like how many eggs you have left. So that's what they do to kind of assess like where you are in.
Speaker 4: Time, so you don't have to like go to a certain time of the month.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so you do have to go on day three of your period.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So typically what they'll say is yeah, yeah, they'll say, call me as soon as your period starts, and then when your period starts, they'll have you come in around day three and they'll do the testing. But everybody doesn't have a normal period, so it creates like all types of of like trouble for people to have pcos or you know, other endocrent conditions. People that you know don't have periods at all. It makes it really hard. Or a lot of women have been on birth control for twenty years and they're like, oh, I still get my period because you know that month I take the white pills or the last week I take the white pills, that's my period. And I'm like, no, it's not a real period, like it's a withdrawal blead. So a lot of people aren't getting periods, so they don't really know when to go, but typically it should be on day three.
Speaker 4: Does having an IUD or some kind of implanted or even being on regular birth control, does that affect the testing?
Speaker 1: Yes, so that does affect the testing. And what most doctors will do iud's they leave am in. Now they used to take them out first just so they can get like an accurate number. But what they'll do now if it's an IUD, they'll let you leave it in and still run the test. But if you're taking birth control, they'll typically ask you to stop for a month and then come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about a non hormonal birth contry, Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how you find Does that affect copper?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the copper doesn't also affect the count.
Speaker 1: No, so copper ruds are the best option because they don't have any hormones, so your body can actually give a real result. Yeah.
Speaker 4: One time, one time at story one time, one of the other soccer moms told me that if my periods are short.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna let this bitch live this down about this she's been thinking about this for two years. But when she told me, I was I was like, bitch, what I told you?
Speaker 4: I was like, you think that's true?
Speaker 2: And then you made me man.
Speaker 4: She told me that if you have because I generally don't have a very long period, like maybe five days. Now that I'm on this copper iud, I feel like the periods are kind of a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like five days is pretty average.
Speaker 4: But anyway, she told me, the shorter your periods are, I means you have less X.
Speaker 1: That is not true. My came out she was people just be saying ship.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, she was projecting.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about birth control? Because I know, like there's currently most there's a lot of talk about help. Birth control you know kind of alters your decision making because your hormones are being regulated, and like who you choose a partner and things like that, and just being on a long term you know, hasn't really been No one really talks about the long term effects of being on birth control, and like wait, and then recently our producer, our producer told me that it was terrible, and so I just got off birth control.
Speaker 3: Bad idea, but.
Speaker 1: Not r told you.
Speaker 4: All around that. I'm like, fuck birth control. You're right, it's it's poisoning me. It's poisoning me. But like, as a fertility doctor, what do you recommend as a like what is your go like, what do you use as contraceptive?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, So I got off birth control a couple of years ago because I do want to be pregnant soon. And the biggest thing with birth control is that it really can alter your hormones. It can alter like a lot of your micronutrients in your body, and it does affect like your mood, your behavior, everything. But I think that in today's society, with so much like attention around abortion, you know, some people can actually get a felony, you can go to jail. I think that if you're in a state where people are really monitoring you, and if you get pregnant, like the worst will happen. You absolutely need to be on birth control, like, no questions asked. But however, if you know, like I do, want to get pregnant in the next five years, you know, even if you don't necessarily have a partner, I do think it's important to just give your body a break, especially if you've been on it for like ten plus years. You want to give your body a break to see, like are my cycles even regular or has this birth control been masking my period? So I think it's important to give your body a break so you can get like the right testing done so you can really see where you are. Because if you're in a good place, then you can say, Okay, in a good place, I'm not really ready to get pregnant right now. I'll start again. But I think it's important to like have a plan. That's what I'm all about. It's like fertility planning or family planning, because I think it just kind of saves you a lot of stress down the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was reading this statistic and it was that it was like forty eight million couples are struggling with infertility around the world.
Speaker 2: I was like, forty eight million.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so that brings me back. That's what I had a question about. Thank you the doctor in San Diego who did the studies about the environment. What were the findings, Like, is there somewhere we should live that maybe we'd have better chances? Is it in the water, Well, there's been studies about like fish in the stream that are are like the streams that are being let out, like because there's so many pharmaceuticals in this in those like the water, there's definitely there's studies of fish turning from like male to female.
Speaker 3: I remember I remember hearing that.
Speaker 4: So if that's happening to small you know, small animal like, it's definitely changing our you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And and her findings really did show that things from our environment really do impact our fertility, especially especially in couples that present it as like subfertile. So these are like people that are otherwise healthy, but she can't really figure out why they can't get pregnant or their markers are just a little bit below normal. But it did show that it's not just right create But no, but it was it was true. It was true. I didn't mean it, but no, it showed that, you know, especially like plastics heavy metals, you know, mercury. All these things really were impacting like the outcome of their treatment cycles. And what she would do, which I thought was brilliant, was that instead of saying like living a box, living a cube, which is unrealistic, she would do like a detoxification protocol, which was like a thousand dollars per person. This is another privilege.
Speaker 3: What's a detox vacation protocol?
Speaker 4: And should we should we just be doing that once a year just for learning an Americans.
Speaker 1: In general often do you do it a year for the detox?
Speaker 4: And also is all this pollution? Is it population control?
Speaker 1: Wait? What is detox?
Speaker 2: What did you call it?
Speaker 1: It was a detoxification protocol that she would do.
Speaker 2: Wait is it a vacation?
Speaker 1: Now? That was some good ass whatever.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not that is a that's nelly, that's some strong gas.
Speaker 1: She can't hear. She's like, what is a vacation?
Speaker 3: She said, a detox vacation protocol?
Speaker 1: And I don't want to say too, but your eyes have been like gitting lower.
Speaker 4: She passed it to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, we need to put that out.
Speaker 4: That was like, that's that's something for saying this feeling like like fourteen she God, we might need to put the rest of is on Patreo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, sorry, I'm awake.
Speaker 4: I just I'm here in present.
Speaker 3: I was just focusing on every syllable that you said.
Speaker 4: It's just it's one word.
Speaker 1: Trufication, Like damn, what kind of it's a fast and dollars right, and she heard.
Speaker 3: But how long does that detoxification last? I mean, how like is it once a year and then you're good? You're like, or you have to do it many times? Is it like a series of detoxification?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were doing it over a six month period because it was for research studies. So what we would do is modify like the diet of course, so making sure that you're having more cruciferous vegetables, which are just like dark leafy vegetables that bind toxins and help you excrete them. We would do like supplements to help you also excrete, and then like sauna therapy too, super simple, so not anything that was like very expensive, but because she is the doctor, like using her time, it was expensive. But what really stood out to me was how the only people that could get it were people that could afford that you know what I mean, Like, and there aren't only white women or you know, other brown women that need this care. There are other women that also need to have this type of care. But who has an extra thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: To say, yeah, just detoxing from the air that I have to bring.
Speaker 1: Just let me just see. You know, I don't know if it'll work, but let me just see. And that's why I really wanted to start the Fertility Advantage, to just kind of start throwing shit out there because I knew, like, Okay, I can't see everybody at this clinic. I know people don't want to pay this money, but how can I get this information out to my girl? So I was like, I'm just gonna start making posts about it, you know, and I'll see if it helps. And you know a lot of people start reaching out like, oh shit, that's what was wrong with me, you know, or this small little thing like helped make a big difference. So, you know, to me, it's unrealistic to think that you can just block yourself from everything, but you can like make small little changes in your day to day to help like optimize your chances and things like that.
Speaker 3: What is your I guess maybe experience or knowledge on IVF, because usually that's kind of like the next step after you've decided that you know, conceiving you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: I guess naturally is not in the cards for you.
Speaker 3: And so you're now going into IVF And I have had a friend, a distant friend that did it, So I don't really know like all the details, and I think there's a lot of it's almost like mystery around what it is and the process and the like how you feel throughout the process. So, yeah, what is your knowledge on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, So that was a big part of what I did in my previous job or supported my supervisor in that role, and that's what I do a lot now. But the biggest thing with IVF is that number one, your insurance can cover it. So if you have been trying to have if you have been trying to get pregnant for a year and you've had no success, this is like unprotected sex for a full year, that will that would like classify you as infertile. What Yeah, so basically that was infertile. I'm infertile, right, and that's under thirty five. If you're over thirty five, it's six months of unprotected sex, I'm infertile. Wait, if you're over thirty five, it's six months of unprotected sex and not a successful pregnancy.
Speaker 4: That would be Why does the window get shorter when you get older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because, like again, as women were born with all the eggs will ever have, and so at thirty five, that's when researchers see that they start to see that decline. So that's why they give you that six month window to say like, oh, so you have you need to go get tested.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, basically, but that only gives you twelve times to be like prove because right, because it's not like today that you're not get pregnant, right, like yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Typically like a five day like fertile window. Okay, yeah yeah, but typically the good thing is that oftentimes IVF can be covered. And what a lot of people don't know is that, yes, there are like one in eight couples that suffer with infertility, but ninety percent of the cases can be solved through science, so things like IVF and so with IVF and that's just in vitul fertilization, what they do, just like what your friend did, is that they do put you on medication to really force your body to create far more eggs than you would in a cycle. And then they retrieve those eggs. They can fertilize it with your partner sperm or a donor. You don't have to have no man. They could fertilize each egg with sperm and then it'll create embryos over the course of like five days, and then you would actually freeze the rest of the embryos and then transfer once to your uterus. And then that's the entire process. It's about twenty five k How.
Speaker 4: Much is this, Yeah, and the transfer has to be a certain like a certain day. You had to do all they do all the shots, and then on a certain special day then you go and then they put.
Speaker 1: You to sleep, right exactly. Yeah. Yeah. So the cool thing about IVF is that if you froze your eggs in the past, you don't have to go through the process again. You would just use the eggs you already froze, so.
Speaker 4: You don't have to you don't have to go to the process of first retrieving them and then implanting them. You can just go ahead and and just for the implantation, do you have to like give your administer yourself shots to increase your chances.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So with the shots, which is so important. That's something that a lot of people don't really like is that when you do the process of maturing your eggs for retrieval, you do have to give yourself between like one to four shots per day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot, and have to be refrigerated, so if you're at work or something, have to be in the refrigerator and it has to be the same time every day.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: So if you're driving, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Your stomach, yes, stomach, it can be like stomach, thigh or but yeah, and that's it's typically for like two weeks. Some of the drugs are oral, most of them are injectable, but yeah, you do that for two weeks and then after that that's when you get ready for the surgery. So in your egg retrieval surgery, you are put to sleep by an antisesiologists and while you're asleep, the doctor actually uses needle aspiration to lightly suction each one of your ovaries and then remove all of those eggs. You are completely asleep, but it is as painful as it.
Speaker 2: Sounds, go into your vagina and then they pierce.
Speaker 1: Through the wall on each side with a needle with a needle.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, and so then I'm sorry. Then what happens They retrieve the eggs.
Speaker 1: So they go through the vaginal wall and say there on the left side. There, they're pierce through the left vaginal wall. Then they'll pierce through your ovary. And then what's really cool is your ovaries have these little follicles in them, and the follicles are just like little tiny fluid filled sacks that contain your eggs. And then the needles just go in and suction each egg so they get all of them from one side, go back in, pierce through the other side. How can they see do the same thing again? So yeah, it's all under ultrasound guidance, so they know where they are when.
Speaker 3: They're and then so once those eggs are gone, they then and they then insert the fertilized eggs.
Speaker 2: Right, Is that how it works?
Speaker 1: Right, So they'll retrieve all the eggs and then there's an embryologist in the room at the same time, so they'll be like a doctor like right here or surgeon. Then the embryol just will be right behind them because they have to pass those eggs to them, and then what they'll do is they'll take them to a lab fertilize it with sperm immediately, and then over the course of five days, little embryos or little babies start to develop, and that's what you freeze. And that's what you freeze. Oh yeah, and most people transfer one of them fresh, so it typically takes five days for them to develop. And then most people will transfer one fresh or some people will freeze them and then send it off for like further genetic testing, so you can like test it to see if it has genetic mutations or chromosomal abnormalities. You can see if it's a girl or boy, all types of things. And then you and so when you are so I didn't realize this.
Speaker 3: So when you have in vitro, you're actually implanting, I guess, and already.
Speaker 1: Started up started up, ye, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I mean five days, I didn't know, Like, I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Because it's bigger, so it's easier to implant, yeah, to retreat, like to because it's a little bit easier to bigger to work with exactly.
Speaker 1: I have a question.
Speaker 4: When you peer through the vaginal wall to retrieve the eggs and then have to rego back to fertilize it.
Speaker 1: What is that? Is that not?
Speaker 4: I mean I can imagine that's not great for the uterarian wall?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so the vaginal wall. Most people will say they feel like like vaginal pain, cramping and bleeding. But the doctor doesn't have to go beyond your cervix, so they're not in your uterus. They're kind of still in your vaginal canal. So luckily they don't go through your cervix into your uterus.
Speaker 4: Okay, because like the ovaries on these sides, right, so it's kind of like going off to the diagonal, not going exactly right, so.
Speaker 1: Make a curt of left right here, yeah, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right exactly instead of going And that's why it's piercing because there's tissue okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if they had to go through the cervix, it would be a much longer recovery.
Speaker 3: What are the chances of you not being able to retrieve the eggs, like going under this procedure and then it not being able to that's real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like is that a possibility?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And what's the like statistic on that?
Speaker 1: Is it high?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So it's typically higher for women that are closer to forty. But the good thing is that that's why that testing is so important, because sometimes when you do the testing, the doctor can say, Okay, I'm gonna be honest, we don't see a lot of eggs on ultrasound. That's the only way they can see them at first. It's through a transvaginal ultrasound. So they'll say, we only can see about four eggs. So it's highly likely that when we go in for the surgery, we only retrieve immature eggs. And you have to start from the beginning. That does happen quite often, honestly. So that's another twenty.
Speaker 3: Five k You got to start from the beginning, Oh, because that's you don't get to try twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why my feminement it's also really important that you go to a good doctor, because you know a good doctor is going to make sure that they're doing everything in their power in the in the like right before the surgery, like asking you to come in every other day to test your eggs and see the consistency. Because she said she knows people who will take that money and not have made it the best chances and the best eggs possible because maybe they don't want to meet you every other day or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: They're part of the process.
Speaker 2: You have to do that.
Speaker 4: Well, that's this is why these conversations are important, because you may not know you're just giving over this money it's expecting. Yeah, duh, you would do that if you know you can. But some people, you know, if you don't know the questions to ask, you don't fuck it. Hell, and so you should. You know, that's somebody. It's good to vet your doctors, and it's good for us to have these conversations and not feel shame around them because this is the only way we'll find out. I literally only know this because she told me.
Speaker 3: I only know this because of this conversation. Yeah, that's why I'm going through a range of emotions because.
Speaker 2: I'm like what, huh, huh what?
Speaker 1: And it gives you like I feel like so many people don't know that, Like science really does help solve ninety percent of cases of infertility, and so many people don't know that. And I think especially black women, like we were talking about before the show, like there's so much shame around like oh I can't do it myself. That means something is wrong with me, And it doesn't mean that anything is wrong with you. It just means that you might need a little bit of help. Your story might just look a little bit different, but it's still normal. I think sometimes it's like, oh, I can't have a baby the normal way, and there is no normal way to have a baby. Like whatever way you have to take is your way. And sometimes IVF is that way, or IUI or serrogracy or adoption. I think sometimes people don't want to like expand their definitions of motherhood and so they just feel very limited, you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what do you think about like using like homeopathic medicines for infertility? Is that I mean, and I hear you say that the science is ninety percent effective. There's people out there that are like, I'm not I don't want to get my eggs injected. I don't want to do this, I don't want to do that. Is that also in your opinion?
Speaker 2: Obviously?
Speaker 3: I think yes, with science, you it's there's one thing between putting a whole needle up inside your ovaries sucking some shit out versus eating well and taking certain herbs or whatever the case may be. You know, obviously, like science is what we were talking about urgency and efficiency.
Speaker 4: Urgency. Everything is urgency.
Speaker 3: Urgency versus nature's medicine is going to take some fucking time. But have you seen women in your practice, like I guess go that route or like try to marry the two or what does that look like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's how I got into the space is marrying the two. I think marrying the two is important because you want to have the appropriate testing done to see if it's even a possibility. So I think, first if you know that your hormones are okay, and doctors also need to do that transpagion ultrasound to see how many follicles you have on each side, you want to make sure there's no fibroids or polyps like blocking the place that the baby would try to implant. You want to do like testing to make sure your fallopian tubes aren't blocked. I think once you know that those things are okay, then you want to try to incorporate more like you know, like you said, homeopathy or naturopathic medicine or functional medicine. I think those things are important, but as a naturopathic doctor, I'm still saying it. I think you still want to know that you're okay first, because you would hate to be eating eight cups of broccoli and Filippian tubes are blocked. Why did I just eat on this broccoli.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna it's not changing. That's not going to do the true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, when when your eggs are traveling down at Filippian tube, the sperm has to get through to meet the egg and create that embryo. So if your tubes are blocked, no amount of nutrition is gonna reverse that. So I think like marrying the two to me is so important, especially as we get well into our thirties.
Speaker 4: And understanding like identifying exactly what may or may not could be the travel but instead of aimlessly just like I'll be fine eating drinking herbs. Yeah yeah, so yeah, I says thirty five your old women? Do you like if you ideally had an age for women to start during this process? But would be your suggestion?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say thirty five. I think like thirty. I think when you get thirty and you're maybe you're not partnered at thirty, but you know you o a family. I would say this is a good time to say, you know what, let me just get this testing done, because the initial testing is not that expensive, Like the initial testing is typically between like one fifty to three hundred dollars, and that's like even like Beverly Hills. I feel like the most expensive place I saw here was like four seventy five and that includes like the imaging, the blood tests, and so some people think it's really expensive and it's not. And sometimes your insurance will even even identify that as preventive care. So having that testing done, even your obguim might do it, so then that way it's covered. But I think at thirty, if you're like, Okay, these niggas is trash. I don't have nobody I really like, but I know I want a family. Let me make sure I'm good so that when I am ready, you know, I'm good to go, rather than just kind of waiting it out, you know and unfortunately having a harder time in the future.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean I guess that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's dc.
Speaker 4: Have you seen a lot more women decide to take agency over there, you know, their family planning, you know, even in single like single I know, like the more women be professionals and you know, it's just more, it's more you know people are doing it more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel like most of my calls are single parent family building, which I think is so fire Like, I think it's amazing because sometimes we rush into relationships that we know might not be great because we're like, I really need to have a baby. You're not my choice, but I really want to have a baby. And I love that single parent family building allows you to say like, I'm gonna have a baby. I really want a baby, so I'm gonna go ahead and have a baby, and if I meet someone, great, but if not, I still have the family that I want. So I do see far more white women doing it then I see black women. But again, I don't know if that's just the demo at my job, you know, but I do see a lot more women taking agencies. There's so many, like Facebook groups of women building communities all around, building families by themselves. And you can literally do that by finding a sperm donor somebody you know who you cool with, or you know, actually going to a donor agency and finding someone and you can do like inter uterine insemination or at home insemination just to start your own family and it's not as expensive.
Speaker 2: Man, I think that I hope that.
Speaker 3: My hope is that a woman that makes that choice is getting her tribal in line. I really hope so, because yes, it's it's I understand this, and I have the privilege of having a child, so like I can sit here and say this right, and I'm aware of that. But I think also because I have one, I really understand how important It's not just the want and need to have a child, but like, do you have the community in place, the circle in place to help support and raise that child and support yourself because this shit is not meant to be a one person job. It really truly isn't, you know. And so do you have like other like men or whatever and your family that are going to step up and be and hopeful be that obviously ship listen, people have partners and it doesn't work out and they're you know, out here alone as well. But I will say, if you have the luxury of even going through this process like it, get your tribee.
Speaker 4: This is not this is not a one person job, like for real, like at all, like honestly, like having a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I realized that I'm like, you know, if you could have like if you can have the most ideal situation. That is the about It doesn't mean like you have to have a nigga, but just like make sure you.
Speaker 4: Have people who are going to show up for you and the like. Have you like give you breaks because you need to have other people like a lot of other people.
Speaker 3: You need real you need that God mean about three godmoms to god dads, two grandparents, your parents?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's important.
Speaker 2: What about you? Like personally? What is what is I mean?
Speaker 3: Do you have you frozen your eggs? Like?
Speaker 2: Is this something? Have you gotten your eggs tested?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: You get a discount because you're working this shit?
Speaker 1: Can you discount code? We'll put it on Patreon exclusively.
Speaker 4: Checked. Can we get a discount click this link in an episode of description you could get a discount on You'll get your eggs check.
Speaker 1: We got anx check. How about you when you say good.
Speaker 2: Moms, watch now the ad is going to be fed to my fucking phone.
Speaker 1: Because there's so many, so many at home tests too. But my employer covers it. Okay, yeah, so that's the only reason I'm able to do it. But it is something I have to do this year. I was putting it off, I'm like, Okay, so you haven't done it yet. I haven't done it yet, but my goal is to do it this year. I prefer to do it at home in Georgia where like my mom and sister are just so I have support throughout the process and after my surgery, because you do have to have someone there with you after the surgery. But it is definitely something I want to do because I do want to have a family, and I just don't know when it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, yeah, I think that I was just thinking, like God, I mean, either way it's gonna it's It can be challenging whether you're partnered or not. I mean, and it doesn't necessarily even if you're partnered, me and that person's going to show up the way that you want them to anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that can sometimes be more devastating. You're in the house with someone that you don't feel supported by, sleeping next to someone you don't feel supported by, and the resentment, you know, that agitation grows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a fact. Yeah, And I think like having a choice, I think that's what to me, that's what I see egg freezing as it's like giving like giving yourself agency to say, like, you know what, I might not use these eggs. I actually might you know, meet somebody, get pregnant, not need them. But I want to have the choice, you know what I mean, in the future, and I get to see it in my everyday life, so I know that it's a very real thing that I have to pay attention to. But yeah, to me, just making sure that I am set up in the future if I do need it.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much for all this information. I feel a lot more educated on it and feel like I need to dive almost deeper. I'm like, I need to see a picture of these little implants multiple on Google and weird deep divers. Yeah, I want to see the surgery, like I want to see like there's got to be some videos.
Speaker 4: Well for sure, I can. I can imagine it in my head, like I want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many. Yeah, I want to know.
Speaker 4: Okay, one last question. Okay, do black women over thirty five have a higher chance of having multiples?
Speaker 1: Ooh, good questions?
Speaker 3: A fact.
Speaker 4: I saw it as a fact, that's what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I haven't seen that, but but I do know with certain procedures, certain things you do do increase your risk of multiple So like if you were to do like inter uter insemination at a clinic, so that's where they just like inject the sperm through your cervix, that does increase your risk of multiples. But I haven't seen it like a black women specifically.
Speaker 4: I saw I saw a statistic that black women have higher chance like you, no, like, like our chances of having multiples after thirty five are like increased significantly.
Speaker 2: And nobody got time for that, now, ain't nobody at the time.
Speaker 4: Orlando's mom's a twin.
Speaker 1: Oh face.
Speaker 4: I'm so thankful that you came and we got to ask all these millions of question.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I appreciate you for just inviting me. You have such a beautiful community, and I think it's important just for them to know, like you have options and you can build a life however you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Yeah, and thank.
Speaker 1: You for the work that you do.
Speaker 3: Can you telling people? Actually no, wait, do you have an afermation?
Speaker 1: She told me to bring She told me to bring one. I had to, but I'll stick with being me is how I win.
Speaker 4: Being me is how I win. That's a fact.
Speaker 3: How I when yes, we pulled a tarot card.
Speaker 1: I saw her reading from poor minds like a friend is about to betray you. Oh, don't let me pull that. I love.
Speaker 4: Let you check in on her.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: I just saw her.
Speaker 4: She looked she was on vacation. She looked perfectly.
Speaker 3: Fine, fine, as fine as Miami I was.
Speaker 1: But take me with you.
Speaker 2: I'll be your girlfriend, right, I told dress.
Speaker 1: If it don't work out, we'll be together.
Speaker 4: Is not lesbian? Who do we need to do a double like as situation? Oh my god. The nine of ones means resilience, courage, persistent.
Speaker 1: Wait, this guy looks fucked.
Speaker 4: Up accounting it is rnine. He does look like he had to be resilient. He has like a cloth on his head. Test of face and boundaries. Good, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Perfect boundaries.
Speaker 3: I forgot it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, boundaries.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Bitty Taro that has been teaching us Taro for two years. Nine of Wands. The nine of Wands comes as a sign that even in the face of adversity, you stand tall and strong. You may be on the edge of exhaustion, but you are resilient, persistent, and ready to do what it takes to get to the finish line. This card may also come when you feel battered and bruised, having endured significant challenges and struggles along your path. Just when you think you are making progress, you suffer another setback. The nine of wants asks you to trust that this is merely a test of your grit and resilience, and know that every time you overcome an obstacle, you are getting stronger. You have the inner resources necessary to overcome any difficult any difficulty you encounter, even though it may seem impossible at the time. See this nine as an insurance that you will eventually asper if you maintain your position. And if you do not succeed at first, then try again.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's the word.
Speaker 3: That I should don't succeed, that's that's yourself up and try again.
Speaker 2: Get up.
Speaker 3: I heard sorry, I couldn't resist. I couldn't They said it. They said the lyrics right there, the lyrics right there. Receive that, Yeah, yeah, definitely. Well, thank you for coming on our show. I appreciate you again. I appreciate all the work that you do. I think that it's really important for black women to see other black women doing the work that you do and making and normalizing it and making destigmatizing this idea around infertility and that you don't have options and that there's something wrong with you and that you won't be able to experience motherhood.
Speaker 2: If that's what you show, so true. So I appreciate.
Speaker 1: I appreciate all that you do. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Can you tell the people where they can find you?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, So you can find me on Instagram at the Fertility Advantage Twitter, Raquel Hammond's and my YouTube is what the Fertility, What the Fertility?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so subscribe to her YouTube, describe to our YouTube. Get on YouTube right now, and uh, we'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see October twenty first show.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, guys, we're having a live show.
Speaker 4: On October twenty first in LA at the Telegram ball Does that know Terogram Teagram Ballroom. I'm gonna have them at the Telegram if it is the last thing I do know where it is the Teogram Ballroom. Come get ratchet with us. It's Confessions of a Good Mom And yeah, see you guys later.
Speaker 2: We got high.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Seven percent in my ass.
Speaker 1: She played joll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like loss go yeah. Ellen j solo ball record the las Elas