Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Please, I'm the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy Gregg Butchers had Evan and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: You about in America? Uh huh, I see them Jack Grinders at Aerospace, ready to go Smurffit was a red track over cragging out that paper in Stevenson, Alabama. I'm rooting for Bruton and Brute Alabama. Hey, Robbie, I see you in California.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 4: CALLI he call Meaners. We know you're ready. West Greg about that.
Speaker 2: Ma, let's go edex a Rainbow City, come on with it. Waste Management said, we're cleaning it things up. We're going all five hours with you. Alabama Power Transmission Construction, they're ready, Younger go Zach a trash man. All of Greg's minions say they're ready.
Speaker 4: Commerce Georgia says, hey, haven't.
Speaker 2: Landscapers everywhere?
Speaker 4: Ready? Everybody, let's go. I love this out of Georgia. If I was any more ready, Birds, I'd be out the door. Fredo Lay delivering.
Speaker 2: Everything and say.
Speaker 5: Everything I'll tell you all across America they're ready for another Rick Burgess show with Speedy, Greg and Adler. The gang is all here, and we thank you for being with us, and we do have a lot to cover on the program today. So one of the things you might want to take note of is it today there will be a couple of listeners of viewers, whatever the case may be, who get a chance to go against the real Greg Burgess and ask the question.
Speaker 2: Is he right again? Right again? He's always right?
Speaker 5: We will play Greg Burgess right again on the program today. Winners get a chance on the wheel the last time that the wheel spun one thousand big ones. Hello, So and it's been I wouldn't say it's cash heavy, but I wouldn't say it's stingy either, because we've had we've had winners.
Speaker 2: Within two weeks and have given away fifteen hundred. You're right, so we'll weak and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it hasn't been leaving its wallet in.
Speaker 5: The car its but I mean, yeah, speaking to that. So your middle son, you know, had lunch with with Hoby, which I know that bothered you a little bit. I wonder who paid Yeah, you know, I didn't ask that question.
Speaker 2: I wonder they they They sent me some pictures that and I just emailed them to you. So I don't know if you've even had a chance to look. But they took a selfie together there, and uh, I didn't believe it. I was like, so, there they are.
Speaker 6: That's your best and only friend. That's not true. How dare your son go eat with your best and only friend?
Speaker 2: Apparently wisdom they found. Uh I guess wherever Hoby decided to eat? It was, jac said, hey, get found a supply spot. I said, He said it was delicious. Good meeting three. Yeah, And Hobey had sent me a picture right at right before that that said, you can't believe I'm about to have lunch with you or your son and a picture of the restaurant.
Speaker 5: I know, that's that's interesting, that's interesting. You know, there it is, there it is. We were talking of the place. Look good, it does. We were talking about that on O Friends. Somebody asked the other day, and you know, we're grown men. So you know this thing of hey, so and so that's my best friend.
Speaker 2: You know, he's just a friend.
Speaker 5: But but if somebody presses you on something like that, I'm like, well, I don't have I don't have a best friend. I have a group of men that I could send her there in a group that is elite and they are my closest friends. Yeah, but there's not just one. Well we're grown, you know, there's not just one.
Speaker 2: There's a group. There's a group.
Speaker 6: My wife is my best friend about y'all.
Speaker 5: Right, it's a great answer, right, have thought of that first, right, right? Yeah, and they should be your your best friend, that's right, and that's true. But but that's why I said closest friends. When you think about men outside of you know, you almost have to say, outside of the relationship, you know, with your spouse, who would you consider to be the closest person. Then you get into family versus you know, friends. To me, I don't know why we have to make these kind of declarations. Yeah, there's people I enjoy spending time with. There are there are people that if you go, Okay, something happened really really good or really really bad, who are the people that I call?
Speaker 2: And then you know who those people are? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, and that and that's that's usually a mix of family and friends. If you if you have a good relationship with your family.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it'll ab and flow, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Aaron Rodger Pen's hang out with his family.
Speaker 5: He no, he doesn't, he does not. He probably know if he's married. Right, we don't know what he's doing. I tell you, I tell you who won't cause the packers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: But but anyway, you you think about yeah, and you're right, eb and flow And also times of life. There's people that a certain time of life, they were there, but it's time time went on.
Speaker 2: They moved, or you changed.
Speaker 5: Jobs, or you changed churches, or you you changed you had to move whatever. You know, how about this, You don't you don't go to high school anymore. Yeah, not everybody makes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've talked about it too, just having multiple kids. And and I bumped into somebody yesterday at the grocery store that I hadn't seen him and in years, But there was a there was a period of time our boys, our boys played together through you sports and into high school, and we were hanging out all the time. You just hadn't seen him in a while. But but for that period of time we were, we were close, you know. Yeah, and then you discovered that was all that held you together. Yeah, because because then you know, you get busy and you got other kids, and and then you look up and it's just times flown by.
Speaker 5: I remember when Brandon Scordino was a big part of my life, right, and he's not anymore. No, not that anything's wrong, but if you bumped in, you be lost. If we yeah, I hope, I hope our wives didn't send us to the grocery store. I will be home for a while. I mean, I've heard We've got a lot of catching up to do. I've heard stories of Greg and he used to run the parking Wray. Oh yeah, he would probably got you were kind of in charge of a lot of charge Greg.
Speaker 2: I've heard a board member yeh, look and now it's a lot of people. Hey, board member Greg was on the board. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Somebody said Greg's best friend is truth. Gosh, that's good.
Speaker 2: All right, so let me let me throw this all right, let me go awkward. Let me go awkward. Great shirt.
Speaker 5: What about when your wife has somebody, a female obviously that they really really enjoy spending time with. But you and the husband they just you just don't really jive and.
Speaker 2: So like I don't know anybody like and.
Speaker 5: They're like, hey, hey, so we're gonna have dinner with so and so. Your count but you want you got you got a problem. You're happy with them, You're happy with for them, But you and that husband just you just can't quite connect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 6: Buddy, give me I know. It's like, buddy, give me something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, give me nothing in common with boats?
Speaker 6: You want to talk about boats, I'll talk about whatever.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: Let's give me.
Speaker 6: Give me anything, buddy, throw me to throw me a pitch, I'll catch it.
Speaker 5: What about when it's that situation you have to fake it and that like you're interested in what they're saying. Oh great, there's nobody that there's nobody better at that than me. Every now and then, though, I'll go too far and he thinks I know more than I know, and that follow up question always hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not how we do it. But you know, I'm thankful because a.
Speaker 6: Lot of they don't do it that way anymore.
Speaker 5: A lot of Sherry's friends and the husband's of those friends, they're all kind of handy.
Speaker 2: So I find myself with a lot more talk about.
Speaker 5: Now now that my handy is kind of going up a little bit, now that your handy has gone on, So I'm not as intimidated as I was once was.
Speaker 2: Your That's good.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that you feel that you feel.
Speaker 2: That way won't be long. I'll build a dick. I don't see that. I really don't see that at all. You know what I see. I see you going and riding the side by side around the farm and getting out and kicking the tires and moving a limb or two. And you'd be like, yeah, yeah, that's good, that's important stuff. But he's gonna come in the next day and goes handy.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, Hey, headed to the farm today. Watch out for stories tomorrow going down Steae. If I can't help here, how what.
Speaker 2: Is the lady?
Speaker 6: It is more rugged? But that's good too. You know some people aren't handy, but they're rugged, and you're you're rugged.
Speaker 2: That's good. I couldn't. I couldn't help. But hear his voice echoing through the offices. Yesterday you had him on speaker and he was updating you on the tractor. Oh my goodness, and the tire he lost. Hey, I mean, you know, Hey, I mean I'm amazing my mistake. I start thinking I could have something. I don't know what happened. I had flat tire. I said, well, what did you run over? I don't know. It could have been anything, so could have been Hey, I don't know what we're gonna do about this rain. Now. I know Miss Sherry wants your stuff us show, but you can't. You can't get up there anym low places. This kind of rain. It's awful, terrible. I don't know how they gonna we're gonna get the grass cat I ready, don't.
Speaker 6: I'm like, well, stuff, some twenty lightning starts on my way home from you know, picking the kids up. Yeah, and just like you gotta be cool, kids are wanting to freak out. Steady, I didn't run than not running that rain.
Speaker 2: No, no, watch that lightning though.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers show, Strange and Coulters, the new podcast from Rick Burchers. Get it now wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and follow that one.
Speaker 5: Our new podcast, Strange Encounters, Episode five, coming out this weekend. We record that today, Lord Willing, and now we've got an interview. I think you're gonna find intriguing and catch that. It'll come out.
Speaker 2: Police TV subscribers probably get a little quicker, but it'll be out this weekend. Bottom line. Okay, So a couple of things I want to kind of make you aware of. Do you need it? Do you got a house? That needs to sell. Did you get your company moving you you're in a buying Uh, need to get rid of that?
Speaker 5: You inherited a house you didn't see coming. Wow, I've got mama's house.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: If you need to move a house and you need to move it quickly, and you don't want to deal with the real estate agents and commissions and all that, why don't you go to our friends that sell my house fast? The Better Business Bureau gives them an A plus rating. Google has five star reviews everywhere because of their transparency and how they get the job done. Okay, Uh, And you know, maybe you've been through some kind of horrible divorce. I hate it's such an it's you know, divorce is the sin that keeps on giving. But whatever the case may be, you need to maybe you've got some your your behind on taxes and you want to avoid foreclosure. Whatever the case may be. If you need to get your house sold and quickly, these are the people to get it done. They'll even clean it out if it needs to. They'll they'll move things whatever needs to be done. So why don't you go right now to rickburgesshow dot com under sponsors or you can call them one eight hundred seventy three four zero five zero four one eight hundred seventy three four zero five zero four and put sell my house fast to work for you. So I mentioned, uh, and I already know how this is going to go. So you know how when you look at things, you go, I know how this is going to go. So it looks like so today I'm going to go to the farm, and I say, you've had where we live.
Speaker 2: There really has not.
Speaker 5: I can't remember the last day that, at least some part of the day. I mean, it's been that some part of the day featured some sort of thunderstorm. And when when these come to the humid South, they they pour like a cow pen on the rock, yes, flash flooding a lot of water. So one of the storms, straight line winds blew a tree on the house. It didn't hit the house like damage, It just kind of slowly went over and it's laid on top of it a little bit. So then even the people trying to remove that and help, they would start it would come a thunderstorm that have to stop for their safety and for the rain.
Speaker 2: Then they'd come back. Right.
Speaker 5: You keep trying to find a window, you know, like we're talking about bush hogging, cutting grass, You're trying to find a window, and then you think, well, this is the day I get done. The grass is too wet and it's all getting all matted up, and you're just like, well can we care?
Speaker 6: Where is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, so anyway, a lot of things that you're trying to get done are just it's hard to get it done. And then yesterday we had another one. It didn't last very long, but it dumped a pile of rain, massive thunder and lightning.
Speaker 2: Then did carry a lot of lightning, and you know.
Speaker 5: What, something's happened now to all of our you know, your TV, your media stuff, all that, your remotes, all of it just had we had a huge striking.
Speaker 2: Now none of it's working wrong. Oh no. So so anyway, so that I got to deal with that and that did you lose power? Do you think it got hit? It was really weird.
Speaker 5: I don't even know how to describe this, which I know is shocking. But what happened was I looked over because where we are, and and I'd like to speak to the people that provide wireless service where we live, not talking about the farm. I know who I know who to deal with down there, and frankly it's better down there now. But hey, I mean thanks to leon must But anyway, the when the lightning struck, I looked over and I saw, all right, so the WiFi is out because I looked over at one of the little whatever the things is. It bounces it through the house and it was showing red. You remember that I told you the time that we had a tree over the road, and Greg, I told you that it kind of delayed the power coming back on quicker than I thought. But really the where what the tree hit on was actually wireless. It wasn't really the power where the tree. And you say wireless, talk about internet providing, Yeah, internet providing, that's what I mean. Well, they put it, they put it back up in kind of a temporary lifted up, and they've never come back and solidified it. It's like, y'all, I'm like, y'all need to come y'all need to come back and solidify that. Yeah, they haven't forgotten a minute. It's been it's been weeks a couple of years. But because it's got that kind of thrown together rig for the moment temporary it goes off every time a storm comes through it because it's it's sitting there. It's just so it's so it's so susceptible. It's like we're not where we're supposed to be. We're barely hanging here. And but then it comes back pretty quick too. I think it just gets disrupted because the way it's set up, I don't think. I think it kind of fixes itself once everything settles down, but you lose it for a little while.
Speaker 2: And so, and it's doing it every time a storm comes through it, even if the power doesn't blink, right, yeah, because that's going to reset it, right, but don't get him started.
Speaker 5: The power however, the power actually did great. Uh So anyway, here's what's weird. So you know those multi purpose like if you ever have somebody come in and say, hey, let us do your your media room and and they do those fancy remotes where everything you needs on here if you want to bounce around and we and we take the software and we put it all in here with just to push you the button you're on, you know whatever, will you watch TV? Then you can go to your Apple or Universal remote. Yeah, big university and they're smaller now, but they're universal remotes. Well, for some reason, after this happened, the universal remotes just said, now we're out, we don't work anymore. And I'm like, really, so now you got to go find the original remotes to all to the TV and to the stuff, because you don't. Because you don't, and you've just thrown those somewhere. They're in a box somewhere, you know, because they're all now in this universe, on this you know whatever you call these master remotes. You know, we don't have to have a bunch of different ones. Yeah, And so I don't know why. But and I even thought, because you know, I'm handy now and I told you, I said, don't worry about this, baby. It's just because I reset the remote. Uh and and this is this, this requires a lot. You pop the battery out, then put it back in and uh and so it resets and usually that is we're back and it's not doing anything. Oh no, So I don't know what's wrong with them. But now you too block because you got to find all.
Speaker 2: You individual remote remote. Yah, you got to get to that drawer with you. I got a yes. So so I don't know. I don't know what I did think about you yesterday. I did. I was handy. I changed out batteries in one of our remotes with some two triple a's you go, go Top, Let's go, he said, go top again. You know copper Top. We're asking. It's pretty gold to me.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the rain and the light and clearly don't run the rain. But if you've ever had lighting and hit close to your goal, run, oh yeah, uncontrolled.
Speaker 2: Well, no one said whatever said? No one ever said don't run in the lightning. You have no choice your body, just if it's close to you. And I've had that happen a few times. And I promise you you're you're a quarter mile down the road where you realize well, because you're scared, you're flying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're getting plenty of opportunities to not run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Somebody, goodness, somebody wonders if the release of the book hasn't caused this.
Speaker 6: Seriously, the sides of roads on my commutes look different over the last month that we've had, the sides of the roads have less dirt because of the erosion I've witnessed over the last month.
Speaker 2: I saw my whole commute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually saw a duck and he looked at me and said, what gifts?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on enough, y I look as getting tired. I looked at Jack yesterday, the dog that freaks out, and there were so much thundering and lightning and noise. I looked at him and say, if he could talk, he was like, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: This is this street? He's got? I said, just sitting here and look at me, buddy, It's all right.
Speaker 8: Look at me.
Speaker 2: The eyes right here. Look at me. I know you hear all that.
Speaker 5: Look at me.
Speaker 2: The bottom of the hour, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: So many of you have responded, and you were wise to do so. And I'm talking, of course about moink m O I n K. Go to moinkbox dot com, slash bit, big Vox, and let me tell you something. These wonderful farmers. Do you realize right now that only four companies, four companies control over eighty percent of the US meat industry, and China now controls the largest portion of US port. Did you know that? And let me tell you one thing. They'll strong arm the local farmer if they don't get in line. But moink was established for the local farmer who raises livestock the way it was intended, and for us to get the highest quality meat directly from the farmers themselves. It's real simple. It comes from animals raised outdoors where they can. They're like say pork, where a pig is free to be a pig. They give an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. They deliver meat straight to your doorstep at prices you can actually afford, born, raised, and harvested here in the United States of America, not just packaged. Watch out for that, and let me tell you that they're helping save rural America. I love it, and let's join in, and we love the meat that we get from them. Go to moinkbox dot com slash big vox if you support support American family farms and join the moint movement right now using our promo code big vox.
Speaker 2: You get free wings for life.
Speaker 5: And their chicken wings are the best you've ever tasted, and you get them free for the entire membership. So go to moinkbox dot com slash big vox. That's moinkbox dot com slash big vox.
Speaker 1: The hardest working men in the Business The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Sure to come on today's program Right again with Greg Burgess right again?
Speaker 4: Right again?
Speaker 5: Can you determine whether Greg is right again or maybe not?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Own something?
Speaker 5: I must warn you today's topic Earn Hart. Oh yeah, you got no hope, just keep saying right again. Uh so that'll be coming up a little bit later. And I had a little refresher to just watch that documentary.
Speaker 2: I know. That's why I thought that'd be a good topic today for you. But there's a lot of information you can't grasp. But I have not finished that. I need to finish that. If you hadn't finished it, just don't okay, you don't respect it. I've almost started, I've almost started.
Speaker 5: You stay away from Why don't you read Men Running the Rain before we get to that?
Speaker 2: Almost done with that? Okay you already? Yes, okay, I take that back, so so thank you, Bud. Again.
Speaker 5: That was my fault because you would have already read it if I hadn't have given your copy to your dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a slow reader too.
Speaker 6: I'm like one minute and I'm asleep. That's bedtime, I know.
Speaker 2: And you're quoting every teacher you ever had.
Speaker 5: Now by the way, interesting Speedy, I'm gonna bring you into this because you made it clear hurt your feelings the other day some deep music talk. Okay, Right, So I did not know this, and this is one of the things I'm thankful for. If you know, these new fangled phones, they can be great and they can be used for good if you just won't, you know, become addicted to him like a drug, which I've got a very uncomfortable hey bird today, that's going to really make you uncomfortable on that.
Speaker 2: On that note, so.
Speaker 5: Now you're getting access to these reels that that are pretty incredible moments in time that I didn't even know existed.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 5: It comes up and and I'm and and it shows Keith Moon this is the drummer for the Hoospeeding.
Speaker 2: You already knew that. Oh of course I knew that. Yeah, and uh, And he drummer.
Speaker 5: And he is almost wresting. He's almost wrestling with Pete Townsend and Pete Townsend's pushing him on the stage and I see it. I'm like, well, this looks interesting. And then you see him humped over the drums like you can't hold his head up, and all of a sudden, Pete Townsend comes to my says, is there anybody in the audience who can play the drums?
Speaker 2: Yes, in nineteen seventy three he had.
Speaker 5: Taken like a horse tranquilizer right and drank some brandy with it, celebrating the start of the tour.
Speaker 2: Listen when they show it, did you see the foodge?
Speaker 5: He's out, he's completely out Adler and look, Townshend goes to the microphone and somebody get to that guy comes out audis and plays.
Speaker 2: The rest of the set with the hoop. Yeah, anyone playing?
Speaker 5: And I forget the guy's name, but they did a funny thing and they interviewed him and he was like, oh yeah. He goes and I had and he said though I did play drums, I hadn't played like a year.
Speaker 2: And he goes to their song and he goes and.
Speaker 5: Suddenly Pete Townsend gives me a couple of pointers on what they're going to be playing, and I play.
Speaker 2: He didn't play. I think he played maybe three songs with.
Speaker 5: Him or something, And uh, what about When Townsend goes to the mic and just says, is there anybody that can play the drums? Keith Moon is passed out at the drum set. Here's out. Wow, he wasn't moving. I knew Keith Moon had some problems. I never knew that happened. Oh yeah, I saw it footage of it. And that's like a.
Speaker 2: Player in some game or a sport you're watching and all of a sudden he gets he gets hurt and they go on the line, can anybody play wide? Pretty quick? And I saw by the way.
Speaker 6: And nada running back anybody.
Speaker 5: I saw an AI generated story on it where they gave AI the facts and it created.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened.
Speaker 5: That guy that ruined it did run a little bit because nobody they weren't videotaping themselves going to the concert and all that. But they told they put in AI everything the guy said happened. And the bottom line was he just a picture this. Think about it, especially, think of how many concerts you've been to and you're jacked and adare you being a really good drummer. This is perfect for you and we're going you're excited and we're going to see the hood. I'm like, man, I got our tickets. You're like, hey, birds, thank you, we're up front. We're getting our to we going in, we're getting our seats, we are jacked, and all of a sudden, Pete Townsend says, is there anybody out here that can play the drums? And I start pointing at you. He calls you up and you play a set with who?
Speaker 2: That's insane? Can you imagine what that would be like in your scenario. I would like for you to say, I bought y'all tickets and we all went together. Yeah, yeah, pretending, Yeah, yeah, we're you know, I bought the tig. Speedy keeps. You could still point to Adler, but I bought him.
Speaker 5: Speedy keeps asking us what songs they sing? But we go anyway. Well, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Know if they start playing the songs, I know them. I just don't know the history about them, the lyrics, the story by behind the songs and who wrote it all that, you know. That's why I need y'all for that. But I still know the song. He was a Keith Moon what a hand handle? Well?
Speaker 5: Man, Look we all remember that time that he came dressed as a Nazi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that didn't go over? Well, did not go over? Well? Didn't he run a Rose Royce off into a swimming pool? Yes? He did I think he was a handful?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not good. Rose Royce and swimming pools. It's like when you know how the on TV shows will be like is there a doctor in the house? Exactly, they were like is there a drummer in the house?
Speaker 2: And you could tell how furious Pete Towns was. This was the first night, so you need to tell me he got so excited to celebrate he went overboard and couldn't claim it was like a horse tramp apparently at the hotel before he came over, or in the dressing room he hit a horse tranquilizer and Brandy listen, there's footage behind the Yeah, I mean, here's the sad part is here's the sad part. They were trying to play won't get food again, don't get fooled again? See, I know you know that one. Have y'all ever been around anybody that that, you know, they're excited about whatever somebody's about to do an event or a party or whatever, and they get they on the front end, they get to going too much and they missed the whole. Yeah, I'm in touch with that emotion as you are. As I look over to its like you know, they're excited about the they missed. The whole thing is the past.
Speaker 9: That house.
Speaker 2: You never got the car back back in those day, was so excited. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Back in those days, the person who was most susceptible, back this is all before Jesus. Back in those days, the person who was most susceptible was the person that thought it was good that they didn't have to work that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everybody else did.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: They yeah.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, they're like, well, I'm just kind of sitting around. You don't want that, And everybody thinks it's just starting. They had started hours ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You get in and you go, wait a minute, Yeah, I can tell by your by your accounting that you've already started.
Speaker 2: You're way out.
Speaker 5: And I remember saying this, you can't keep this pace. It's like a runner who decided to run into pace. They can't hold and you're right. Then all of a sudden, the event finally gets here. They never see what was the line in the Willie and Wanda story that he's been drinking since four thirty And they're like, wow, since four thirty this morning, you had no since four thirty yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was awful he's already in it and been there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some people like missed the entire Of course, you don't want that to be your drummer when you're starting to tour. But but anyways, I thought that that was an interesting story.
Speaker 2: Pretty big role. What instrument can you hide the best on stage if somebody was in a bind, no offense, it's got to be bas base. Yeah, it's the base.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you're gonna feel it. I will feel it. You'll if you don't know, you know that world, you're just gonna think, what's some something's missing? This music has no o, no, where's the bottom end? Has no foundation? What's going on?
Speaker 5: But if the drummer is really good in the and the keyboard player you're savvy, they can almost give you a fake.
Speaker 6: Absolutely if you got a key, if you got keys, you can you.
Speaker 2: Can you can replace it, not replace it.
Speaker 5: I remember back in the day on the completely turned it around. We're taking the Keith Moon story now completely with our drummer got out from behind the kit during a set to tell all of us that we think we sound good, but we sound terrible because he was like he should have been, and the rest of us were not he got up during the song stop.
Speaker 2: Playing, hey, and we didn't know it, and we didn't notice. We're still playing. And he comes out and says, y'all may think this sounds good, but it's bad. I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I'm your drummer, right, and you want to refute him, and then you realize, wait, you're not even playing, so I don't think I can refusee. Then with setting fire alarm, all right, yes we did. Well, let's let's change the stop playing, let's change we to you set the fire. Well, I had to go to the bath, but you don't go out the door that they said don't. This is for fires and that's picture this. You you talk about a place it won't hire you again. The drummer gets up during the song. I believe it was hot blooded, and he gets up during the song, tells us how bad we're all playing, and how bad I'm singing, because we've we've been We've tell we started too early and just at the time you think you got a thing that settled. Greg leaves the stage in the middle of the set and sets off the fire alarm. Yeah, in the club, in the club, you're just not gonna get that gig. Again, wrote, and you're gonna be real fortunate if they let you finish the week. Which do you still have the bass trapped around your show?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, that's moved it around back. Yeah I had to get back in. How about this once again?
Speaker 5: We didn't notice till we heard the fire alarm.
Speaker 2: Now we've come back to the original point. The base can leave the stage. Yeah you'll know this. What is it? Uh? Instice for all metality about it? They don't have a base on the whole album. Yeah, an entire album. Are we okay with that? It's it's weird.
Speaker 6: As a kid, I didn't notice it, but now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they brought it up right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's such a good album. Oh my goodness and justice from talented.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 6: If you're not familiar with.
Speaker 2: Speedy knows something that how many times he's listened to it. That was the first thing I know. Welcome back.
Speaker 6: We just just learn that right now we're talking. I had a hard time keeping a basis for a while there. They've they've got a guy they've kept for quite a while. Yeah, they've gone through so there might have been some strike there.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess, show the man, you the news, the phrase what's your no good?
Speaker 5: From Society Rick, thank you America for spending time with us.
Speaker 2: Today. It is juneteenth, June teenth.
Speaker 5: Today it is the oldest internationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States.
Speaker 2: Dating back to eighteen sixty five.
Speaker 5: It was June nineteenth that Union soldiers led by Major General Gordon Granger landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that was two and a half years after President Lincoln's Immencipation Proclamation, which had become official January one, eighteen sixty three. It's always a really good historic moment too, when you talk about redemption, because I mean, here were people still living as slaves, not knowing that they had been freed. And so many times we live our lives enslaved in sin, realizing until somebody you know tells you the good news of the fact that Christ has paid the price and you can be set free. So anyway, happy June tenth to all of you that have the day off today. I know that it's a federal holiday, so if you are spending time with us that you normally don't get. We welcome you on this June tenth. Also, we need to update you a little bit on what's happening with Iran, Israel, and of course the United States. From what we can gather, and again some of the stuff comes in sketchy and it takes the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the day to update.
Speaker 5: But Iran is from what we gathered, did successfully have a bomb get through the Iron Dome. And the reports are that may have hit a hospital, soaka hospital in Israel.
Speaker 2: Soeah. Yeah, yeah, it's horrible. I hate to hear that. Fox News chief Foreign correspondent. We've played some histor Trey Yange. He's uh, he's in the middle of it, man, and he gave a quick update yesterday. Okay, you can see behind me.
Speaker 10: The Soroka Hospital in the city of Bersheva is still on fire.
Speaker 2: First responders are on the scene.
Speaker 10: There is significant damage following the Serranian ballistic missile strike.
Speaker 5: So and as you said, uh, as far as the the Iran is concerned, they're whatever they call this supreme whatever. Uh, he says. Look, don't don't be don't be trash talking us. We don't need to be we don't need to be worn the battles on. We're bringing it. Look for major terrorist attacks, you know, in the West and in Israel and wherever. So he's uh, he's doubling down and coming right back, saying, you know, we're going all in. And of course you know we've we've had some updates and you've been following some of the stories about you know, how these the bunker busters, how they work. Trump Trump has approved plans for the attack on Iran and could launch the strike.
Speaker 2: Any day now. Uh so, so then we also know we just had the hospital. It's also in here. Yeah, and Putin and g are now out saying that they want diplomatic resolution to this. Sure, you know, you got everybody coming in and Trump even said yesterday it's a little late, a little late for this, right, yeah, I mean, we gave you sixty days and look what y'all are doing. And now you want to say something.
Speaker 6: And here's here's Trump being asked about that. If you guys want to yeah, sure.
Speaker 11: I can't say that, right, You don't seriously think I'm going to answer that way?
Speaker 2: Will you strike the Iranian nuclear component?
Speaker 11: And what time exactly, Sir so would you strike it?
Speaker 2: Would you please inform us so we can be there and watch.
Speaker 12: I mean, you don't know that I'm going to even do it.
Speaker 2: You know, I may do it, I may not do it.
Speaker 11: I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: I can tell you this that.
Speaker 11: Iran a lot of trouble and they want to negotiate. And I said, whatdn't you negotiate with me before all this death and destruction White Indian Nego, I said to the people, why didn't you negotiate with me two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: You could have done fine, you would have had a country. Yeah. True.
Speaker 5: And so now the the bunker buster bombs are going to be deployed at some point.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And they believe they could destroy Ron's nuclear site. So that that's the good news. You hate it's come to that, But so so we'll see what happens. And there's a lot of saber rattling going on, as you mentioned speedy with now Russia and China, which you know, where were they when all this was being discussed, as usually said, weeks and weeks ago. So we'll we'll see what happens. Only time will tell now, uh. And and if we as we get updates, we'll certainly pass those.
Speaker 2: Along to you.
Speaker 5: I know that you probably have this coming up addler in some of the some of the sound bites today. But it was troubling and sad to watch the view I saw some of these. It's always yeah, it really is. Yeah, it's it's does anybody? So are there people? I guess there's people that come to their studio audience. So I don't know whether they go to that studio audience. You know, for the same reason you would go to the zoo. Many you know, you don't really want to get in there with them, but you don't. There's something intriguing about watching it. I don't know, but because they just say things that are just completely asinine, and so watching them and they always do this, The Left always does this anytime there's some tyrannical, evil government and dictator that we're dealing with, they always try this attempt to compare the United States and in this case to Iran. And you know, we got our problems. We we haven't done everything right. Comparing the United States on this worthday to modern day Iran and the history of Iran is is just it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It is. I mean, it really is. And so if I got this right, Whoopy said, being a black person in America in twenty twenty five is the same as living in Iran. Yes, what she said, Yeah, well not as directly, but yes, insinuated that too. Yeah, I mean it pretty direct.
Speaker 6: It is the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only in America. Could Whoop be Goldberg?
Speaker 6: Multi millionaire Whoopy Goldberg the view sister act Whoopy Goldberg said that.
Speaker 2: Uh wow, yeah, it's yeah of all people, right, yeah, and like I said, it's not nowhere about America.
Speaker 5: Could she be Whoopy Goldberg? Yeah, she said, and make money. When someone said, remember Iranians literally throw gay people off the buildings, she said, now, let's not do that, y'all because if we start with that, we've been known in this country to tie gay folks to the car. I'm sorry, they used to and they used to just keep hanging black people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But see it's this is still going on right, right. That's why it's different.
Speaker 5: Right, that's and and and it's also different if rogue people. Uh, I say, we resolved the civil rights stuff, but if we have rogue people that go violent against gay people because they disagree with them. That's individual people. It's not government sanctioned exactly. That there's also a big deal on that and different and the people should be held accountable individuals to do those things, but it's not government sanctioned.
Speaker 2: Are are encouraged and we do not live.
Speaker 5: Under a tyrannical government that says everybody has to be under this religious concept and the way that they define the theology of that religion.
Speaker 2: Are faced death.
Speaker 8: We don't.
Speaker 2: We don't have that either. The women here treated a lot better.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 13: You better listen up.
Speaker 2: You know what we say. Loss An.
Speaker 6: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 5: All right, America, thanks for being with us. Brand you I were always remember any part of the show you can't get on your own.
Speaker 2: Time you go. I just like to go back and get that. I gotta have it on when I'm done with work or I'm back from what I'm doing. I can't catch it at what's happening.
Speaker 5: Always remember the podcast option every day.
Speaker 2: Be sure you follow our podcast.
Speaker 5: You'll get alert when the whole show's ready for you on your own time every day. Also the YouTube option has that for you as well. So we mentioned this going into the break, we are kind of not shocking. Shocking is definitely not the word. I wouldn't even say surprising, but annoying was probably the better word. As how the view will just say just completely outrageous things. Who ever thought a bunch of women would get together and just emotionally shout things. But here is Whoopy Goldberg and the view. We mentioned this going to the break. Here is there back and forth as Whoopy will try to insinuate that really living in Iran and living in the United States as a black person or a gay person is really the saying uh wow.
Speaker 2: So so here we go and it's and it's slow.
Speaker 14: But let's just remember too, the Iranians literally throw gay people off of buildings they don't have here the basic humans.
Speaker 15: Here's the Let's not let's not do that. Let's not do that, because if we start with that, we had we have been known in this country to tie gay folks to the car where.
Speaker 2: Hey, I know where it is hanging black people.
Speaker 6: So it is not even the same. I couldn't step. No, that's not what you mean to say.
Speaker 2: It is the same.
Speaker 14: No, it's not the year twenty twenty five. The United States is nothing like if I stepped foot wearing this young interact.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: I can't have my hair showing, I can't wear a skirt, I can't have my telling you. And I literally said it was up to the Iranian people.
Speaker 15: Yes, up to And that's why I am saying that it is the same. Murdering someone for their difference is not good.
Speaker 2: Whoever does.
Speaker 6: Nobody's saying that it's good.
Speaker 15: Nobody says why I said you you weren't saying what you What I heard was not what you meant.
Speaker 14: I think it's very different in the United States in twenty twenty five than it is to live in an if you're black, not for everybody.
Speaker 15: Not if you're black.
Speaker 2: Guys, don't you.
Speaker 15: Let me tell you about being in this country. This is the greatest country in the world. But all that I know that, and we all know that. But every day we are worried. Do we have to be worried about our kids? Are their kids going to get shot because they're running through somebody's neighborhood.
Speaker 2: These are they're they're.
Speaker 7: Not big deals.
Speaker 15: And I don't mean to say they're not big deals to you.
Speaker 2: Because that's women are men. They are not doing well. They're either they are not doing well, any wrong.
Speaker 8: They're not educated, they're.
Speaker 15: Not talking about the I'm talking.
Speaker 14: Nobody wants to diminish them. Very real problems we have in this country. Well, but I think it's important we remember there are places much darker than this country and people.
Speaker 15: Everybody feels that way. Not everybody feels that way.
Speaker 6: Good night again, doubling down on it again, the reason why?
Speaker 5: But but whoope, you can't compare your struggles in this country, for whatever reason, with the struggles of a country you've never lived in. You have never lived under the current Iranian regime, You don't know. It's a little different to say, hey, uh, some individual may still not like me because of my skin color.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: In the country in which I live, where there's still is racism and bigots, they're always going to be with us. Unfortunately. I do think we've made incredible strides. You know, Juneteenth would be an example of a major step forward that we're literally recognizing today.
Speaker 2: So there have been.
Speaker 5: Changes made by governm here. Individuals may still hang on to things, but that's a lot different than saying no matter what color I am just my gender alone as a woman, as one host tried to point out, in Iran is I could be beaten, jailed, put to death if I wear the wrong outfit.
Speaker 2: That's that's a little different.
Speaker 5: And some of the problems of being terrified about your children, you know, not being safe in neighborhoods, that's the fault of people more than it's the fault of the government. You know, you don't these are things, you know you could just simply try to try to rise out of that in the opportunities of this country. When you're in a tyrannical government, they don't offer the opportunity to change anything. Whatever they say goes, or you face death, or you face imprisonment, you face punishment. You're just talking about apples and oranges. And nobody could make her understand that. And I would have just stopped and say, I'd be real careful making comparisons about a place you've never lived. Now, if you want to say we got problems in our country and you can point those out, well that's fine, but you still can't really compare. You know, I can't compare my current situation to a situation that I've never lived in now. If I've lived in both, I can come here and say I can give you some comparisons. Whoopi Goldberg has no idea what it's like to live in Iran right now. Plus, as anybody, they live under Sharia law. And it's people like Whoopy Goldberg that are going to try to make sure that one day we all live under Sharia law.
Speaker 2: And she's not gonna like it. Her rise to to the the.
Speaker 5: Kind of wealth and fame in life she has been allowed to live never happened to her in Iran, never ever.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: It's a terrible comparison.
Speaker 6: Women are required to wear the headscarf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's just that's required.
Speaker 5: And what she's talking about isn't like a a near you know, well, you know she's.
Speaker 2: A little off. This is absurd. Yeah, it's crazy, really is. I mean, it's you're just you're saying things just aren't that just aren't true.
Speaker 6: And then she's talking about worrying about your kids being shot because they're running through a neighborhood. Who is she blaming for That's she's saying that it's a struggle that black people go through that white people wouldn't understand, and so she blaming white people is she's saying that it's white people that's doing that. Twenty four people were shot over Memorial Day weekend in Chicago, and it's it's sad and it's unfortunate, but that the majority, the huge, huge majority of black death through violence is black on black crime. And that's just not that's just the facts. That's just the stats. And most of the white people that are killed it's white on white crime. That's that's just the way things go in America. Most most of the black people that die are being killed by other black people, most of the white people that are being killed by other white people.
Speaker 2: That's just how it is.
Speaker 6: And we don't need to be blaming racism for those struggles. We need to under identify why those things are happening, But we don't need to say that it's just because of just because you're black, you're going to be shot for no reason. That's just a horrible defeatist, not accurate to the stats way of looking at the world, and it doesn't help people rise out of those situations.
Speaker 5: You also can't be someone that's talking about we need to do something about the fears of violence and then you go ahead and applaud you know, demonstrations and people who share your political view and your worldview and they believe in anarchy. You talk about dangerous when your cities are being burned and your stores are being looted and people are being pulled out of cars and kicked and beaten in the street, and in return they have to run over people and then hurting and possibly kill them. You seem to think all that is just people letting their voices be heard. So you're kind of picking and choosing when you want to feel safe, because you actually are a proponent of things that actually make our communities less safe. So you're you're crazy inconsistent, And I want them to get started on how you started saying that taking the life of somewhat someone is bad no matter where it happens, And then I know your views and where life begins and what women should be allowed to do. If you know, you say you shouldn't just be in danger just because of who you are, well, you also shouldn't be killed because you're an inconvenience to someone who didn't want to get pregnant either, So you're crazy inconsistent on this kind.
Speaker 2: Of stuff, and you should at least have the right to be adopted. You know.
Speaker 6: For her to say, like, but murdering people because of their differences is bad, it's not good. No one was saying that. That was just a ridiculous tactic that she was using in that argument. And I'm sorry, but comparing what's going on right now and Iran to what has happened maybe sixty years ago in our country, yes that was horrible, but it's not the same. A sixty year difference is not the same thing.
Speaker 5: And keep in mind, and we have a constitution, a government, that government that was set up that allowed that to be redressed and changed. Yeah, you can have this going on in Iran, and Iran's government would just say too bad.
Speaker 2: Yes, you won't. You won't.
Speaker 5: You want you won't have a right to speak out against them and make change. By the way, Whoopy's knocking down eight million a year and we're thirty million pack, We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show in a world that has gone nuts. They are here too well to point it up. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Thank you for being with us America. Don't forget yesterday's Wednesday Bible Study archive now available for you on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel. Job Chapter eighteen as we continue the walk to the Book of Job Strange Encounters, Episode number five coming out this weekend. We record that today, so look for that wherever you get podcasts, and be sure you're following that podcast as well. Okay, a couple of things that we do need to mention. Let me point first, if you have a tax problem, I'm sorry, wrong one. If you are looking to be a safer at home, how about that, let's try that one. Maybe you want to be safe from the rs no simplysafe dot com slash big vox. Go there and you can get the burglar busting protection for your home or the small business. Don't forget simplysafe dot com slash big Vox. There's no one in the industry even close their innovations. I mean they do. They're out in front, they're leading the industry. And one of the things that they that they do is the live guard protection, this active guard protection, where they have monitors monitoring your property in real time and they can even interact with intruders. It's one thing to respond to a break in, it's quite another to stop it from ever happening and and get help on the way. They can even you know, see fires, floods, carbon monoxide poisoning, a medical emergency, whatever the case may be, in real time. So why don't you go now to simplysafe dot com slash big vox fifty percent off, fifty percent off of your system. Also, don't forget the monitoring plan that will be part of it. About a dollar a day for this Live Guard Active Guard Protection. Also look for the sponsors button at Rick burgershow dot com. There is no safe like simplysafe dot com, slash big vox and right now at fifty percent off. Greg, I got to ask this question, and let me tell you it's it's a big one. It's a big one.
Speaker 2: It's a big way.
Speaker 5: Greg panic on Facebook, Panic, Panic, Panic on Facebook. Book panic a Facebook panic. This comes from Terry Hey bird, Hey Bird, sound the alarm, somebody check on Greg. Thousand pounds Sisters to be canceled. Y TLC confirms it will cancel the show. Some of the reasons the weight loss. Yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: They've lost too much. That's what I thought.
Speaker 5: I knew it was going to happen because you go back, because I didn't realize last night's version that I watched, they were going down memory lane of things from the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Basically they started out because they had their own YouTube channel. Okay, TLC said, hey we got something here, so their whole.
Speaker 5: Claim to fame is, hey, we're large. So now that even though I watched it the whole that whope, it was kind of can get out of hand. But I was watching it because the interaction between the siblings. But if it's called thousand pounds sisters and now she one of them's dropped below two hundred, it ain't thousand pounds sisters anymore?
Speaker 2: Great, are you? Okay?
Speaker 5: Well, you know there'll be enough reruns to hold me over that I've never seen. But then I was I was afraid of the weight loss with the TLC confirms it's canceling done anyway, it's confirmed confirmed.
Speaker 2: Oh wosh. According to the article, show might be ending because of Tammy's weight loss journey.
Speaker 5: I wonder, because you know, the like the current episodes you watch them were like filmed, you know, months back. I wonder if they've got enough in the can is there another season or is this it?
Speaker 2: Is there any other family members extensions? That are are gold. I mean, I know the brother you say he's funny, he's funny, but I mean he's not that fast. He's not. He can't have TLC loves.
Speaker 5: Now, they got one called the thousand pound Roommates that come on now, they're trying to find more thousand pounds.
Speaker 2: They're huge? Really?
Speaker 5: Are they funny? Pretty funny? I hadn't watched it, just so highlights. They're not thousand pound sister, funny.
Speaker 2: Thousand pound roommates. Yeah, they're they're they're gigantic. They're gigantic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they a thousand pound room. Yeah, I mean, but and that adds to it. Let's just be honest. I don't understand why world does add to the humor, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: It's funny. Tammy was funnier when she was waite. Second, that was my name was That was my next question. First, of these people funny enough that it doesn't matter for fat enough one thousandounds sisters not the room I think it is, but they won't.
Speaker 5: Evidently again it's called a thousand pounds sisters. And one of them and the other as big as she was when it started. I mean, she's lost a bus. And then gained a little back. She's not as committed as Tamy as you know.
Speaker 2: But oh wow room, oh my grace, big person. Gosh they're big. So wasn't healthy.
Speaker 6: You didn't need a lot of pool camera he brought to the pool that dad.
Speaker 2: Know ye, look like a raft was coming out front. That bathing suit they got, they went tubing. Oh nope, I can't. Like they got my pillows underneath their O that one. I can't. Oh what is that? That view? Let's not get down by the speaking of the view, speaking of wow?
Speaker 5: Hey, so Greg, sorry everyone the audiences in morning with you? Yeah, you know, I hate see.
Speaker 2: So are they going to finish the season out or Jesus is cancel?
Speaker 5: No, I'm sure like last nights it was they were it was current, but they were going to like things places down memory lane, like where they used to live when they first started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they were gigantic.
Speaker 5: Hey bird, Hey burde Uh this is from Brittany. Hello tubers, who designed your American flag that's on the front of the console.
Speaker 2: Looks great, beauty.
Speaker 5: Problem is, I'm only counting forty five stars on Oh really, did you ever notice that I counted to do that? I counted several times to make sure I wasn't missing something anyway, Thank you for thank you for the thousand pounds, sister updates take to see it in.
Speaker 2: I have never I've never counted the stars. I'm sorry I haven't either.
Speaker 5: I just she says, she's captain Captain Cook on the tubers in the chat.
Speaker 2: You know what, I just give it the benefit of that. I've never counted on any flag. Are you counting the Madler right now? She says, she's counting forty five? It's a beautiful flag. I love it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: Very very nice? Does it bother you if we find out there's only it's fifty?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's fifty? You sure?
Speaker 6: I just counted it's fifty.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, there it is, so it is not forty five, she missed.
Speaker 6: I see rumors of cancelation, but I don't see.
Speaker 2: Back to thousand pounds. So yeah, well, but there's still hope.
Speaker 5: I don't maybe hope. Look at Are you telling me that I can't trust Facebook?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, it it's there's signs that it won't return, but they have not con from what I can find that it's not been a hundred it's not been confirmed.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that's not what Facebook said. You know she sent me the Facebook shot.
Speaker 6: There are signs though, For example, the here's the post from TLC, the network it's on. It says the whole family is going down a special trip down memory Lane on this bonus episode. So that was that bonus episode was a trip down memory lane. Felt almost like a series finale. But that's just signs. I don't think it's one hundred percent confirmed.
Speaker 2: So maybe there's hope that we can still watch this loose Skin Lady, don't joke around with est. Maybe so maybe so you gotta get up on this Gray. Yeah, no, I mean, by the way, in Iran you could not watch. It wouldn't be available to wat too much.
Speaker 1: Skin, This is the Rick Burgess Show. America sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the air the week show.
Speaker 5: Not to worry, America. We're here another show on another day. Thank you for being with us. All right, So right again with greg burd just coming up before this episode is over, you think you can go ahead to head with Gregory? Right again, we'll see coming up next week. We talked about it looks like it's official now, speedy, you've been here from Larry and Carolyn? Yeah, have you been hearing from him? I want to be sure they keep I want to be sure Greg. How many times is Lee interacted with I'm not sure. So they tend to, I mean, Larry tends to. He'll keep you updated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, Terry and I are on a walk last night, and you know, we're cruising at times. I'm asking her, why don't we just jog? You're you're you're walking so fast. I can't keep up. Let's not walk this fast. It's either jog or walk slow. Yeah. Please? And and my phone rings and I see it, you know, four seven eight. I'm like, oh, that's Larry. I said, hey, honey, by the breath Larry's college. She said, please answer it on speakers so I can. I can say hey to thee and hear them and hello, you know, I'll he there he is. So why want to we get this right? Larry has your cell phone? Oh yeah, yeah, he sure does, buddy. And you'll live to remember that day. And they were they were out and about in Dublin, Georgia. Carolyn in the background, just as sweet as ever, you know, and They're all excited about me coming next week, and they were concerned about the internet or lack of at the house. And I did get confirmation they do not have Wi Fi or internet. Everything just off their cell phone data. How did he tell you that he ain't speed when leaving your mall? And I'm like, okay, we're leaving the mall, and I said, we're concerned about your your internet. How are you going to do it? What equipment are you bringing? How many cameras? You know, all those questions. And they were very adamant about Terry coming. Oh no, And I told them that that just wasn't possible. Unfortunately. Wanted Yeah, yeah, yeah, well I told I guess yeah, I told them that you and least were coming later, did you Yeah, I did. They have asked, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: This is like, you know, mom was married to dead for you know, over sixty years and thirty five years of football. Never once did I think she have the desire to go stand on the sideline during the game. Then you're right, yeah, So, I mean the wives sometimes are like, I appreciate what you do for a living, Thank you for the life we've been able to enjoy.
Speaker 2: But there's certain parts of your job I have.
Speaker 5: No interest in being involved in, and I just since this is one of them, even though I'd like to see you and Terry do like a second honeymoon there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that'd be precious.
Speaker 6: Here's a list of fun things to do in Dublin, Georgia. You just used AI to to check it out. You could go You could go to splash at Southern Pines water Park. You could go to a water park Speedy.
Speaker 5: No, no, don't miss that downtown Dublin self guided tour. Oh that's romantic. You in her hand in hand, see the Dublin mall right there, that's where they were.
Speaker 2: You ain't the flat the mile? Yeah, you could visit Stubbs Park. Just go to a park. Yeah, what's wrong with.
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 5: Will be one of those moments like if they do this, you're sitting around with friends later.
Speaker 2: So what did you and Speedy do? Went to Dublin? Oh how'd you like arln No? No, no, Dublin, Georgia. Dublin, Georgia. Yeah, not talking about Dublin. You can go.
Speaker 6: Bowling at Shamrock Bowling Center in Dublin, Georgia.
Speaker 2: I bring Shamrock. See I appreciate everybody telling me all this, but I think I'm just probably going to go in to Dublin and go to their house and do everything and come stay with Carolyn and me around here. It is. I try to tell you, you know, Carolyn, not to worry too much about you know, the food, you know, not to stress about it. And Carolyn wants to know if you like green by then then I got a barrage of pictures of their house, so many inside just let me see everything, and well, you know what, we were able to kind of just discuss us in his voice. You talked about it, will you just let's let's you went there, Let's get it out there. Let's talk about my boy. And he said, you know, for those that are offended on his behalf, he uh, he said, I just want to be right out here. I have no problem with y'all. Y'all, y'all have the phone with me with my voice and and I said, well, yeah, I mean, I mean, how many how many ball jokes and and chicken legs and you know Adler's short and Gregg's you know this and that, and you know, I said, I said, we're hammering on each other all the time about different things, and he goes, I have no problem with that. Carolyn once, you know, wears short kick.
Speaker 5: He said at one point, I mean, I know my voice is different, you know. And I'm like, yeah, somebody remember who? I think you really a woman?
Speaker 2: But yeah, that was the first time I ever heard it. I didn't know. I'm saying, yeah we did.
Speaker 5: I forgot about that guy. People are asking how this happened. The new show was What.
Speaker 2: Days Old Day Days, And I was setting up my office phone and had a message and I clicked on it, and the rest, as they say, is history. Rick hit policy. Y'all got to come in, I said, everybody, come in here. You do remember videos? My name is y and patches? Yeah, oh, I videoed it. Rick, Do you remember it still? Yeah? We didn't know. You're going. How many patches you think you'll see?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: So many? So many some of the pictures he's he sent me, there's so many patches once you sitting amongst the patches. Yeah, I got to remember to take some with me because there were some patches that some folks that left with us, you remember, in the box seats and stuff. He also said, I want an eight by ten of the of the show, okay, And I said, well, okay, I'll get I'll get an autograph. Oh yeah, that'd be great and all that. You said it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then he was very adamant about a picture of me and my wife.
Speaker 6: Do we want to try to bring him one of the I know we only have one of them or maybe two of them with the challenge coin that there was actually a gift to us.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if we should read the three D printer go. Yeah, so we'll give it. I can give him.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've got a couple, but it's got our own face on the it doesn't count.
Speaker 2: We've got some coming to the store, some real.
Speaker 6: We'll keep those gifts that was given to us. That's not that wasn't the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: That's all regifting. I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I'm a regifter. Sometimes I feel yet bad for the game.
Speaker 2: Give it to you. I need to not regift. Sorry, I'm like, Larry, mm hmmm, are you are you ready for? What kind of bet? Are you in?
Speaker 8: Again?
Speaker 2: I don't know that was weird. He did ask what side I like to sleep on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: My goods us my side. You gotta be gifting. Are you sleep on your stomach?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well a side or stomach. I can't sleep on the back for like something to getting me. Yeah, we've talked about that. I start. I can't do it.
Speaker 6: Something's wrong with my lips or my tongue or my throat or something, because if I sleep on my back.
Speaker 5: If I on my back, I don't have a tax or nothing. But I won't go asleep. I'll be hung between a sleep in a way?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, And then he asked if I sleep myndar? I don't know what that is?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: Hey, chicken legs? Are we gonna skimming yandies?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: He didn't ask that. I'm kidding, but it was about a ten minute conversation. Of course, you and Terry got to talk to him. Huh to phone Sweedie?
Speaker 6: What do you? What do you sleep in?
Speaker 2: Just mind easy? What do you?
Speaker 6: What are you going to sleep in?
Speaker 3: Will you?
Speaker 5: I can't sleep pants at least in the shirt?
Speaker 12: Naked?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Naked? Are you going to go to grippies? In astrant? In someone else's house? Are you getting in their houses? Is it okay?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 2: You know? Uh? Growing up I couldn't lock my bedroom door. My mom wouldn't let me. Can't lock doors? This is our house, right, you know? Can I lock that door? Can I lock their bedroom? Of course?
Speaker 5: You better you No, No, they can access it easy.
Speaker 6: Yeah they have the key, but no, you can't lock your that that that is that says.
Speaker 2: I don't trust you. Right. Let me just tell you. They're the sweetest little couple. And they got me and Terry to laughing yesterday. And they're so excited about me coming over and and I told them when I was gonna kind of try to arrive and that she would have dinner ready and we would fellowship, hang out and sutabwl and you offer to pull you around on his slid, Well that's gonna happen. I'm gonna get now what I'm gonna try to do. And I don't really know how else to do it, but maybe just start at Instagram stories of my travel over there, then throughout, then throughout the night, and then and then and then sleeping and then that next morning, but like that next morning, like what are we doing? How late they sleep? I don't know. I didn't ask, Well, you'll be for the show. I forgot about that. They're they're waking up early. That day. Don't don't be worried. I just like to watch you sleep.
Speaker 6: Oh you got the beaver, Damn wildlife Management.
Speaker 2: I can't go to the beaver. You can go check that out. I think I'm just gonna kind of go in go their house and leave. I think Carolyn Speedy want ship and saved them.
Speaker 1: Blessed.
Speaker 2: She's real sweet. I told her, I said, don't stress, because I know what it's like. You know, when you have company over and you're stressing up what we're eating. And I said, I'm easy. Don't do that, I said, you say to him, and I'm like, no, you know they're they're not stressing near to the level you are. I trust me. That's a good point to Chilie.
Speaker 5: I just want I want you and Greg I aver that I want you all to care this much right here, so I can't care.
Speaker 2: I'll care.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Did you miss part of the show today? Catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast channel for the day's show archive. Find them both at Rick just Show dot com.
Speaker 5: Yeah, be sure you're following the podcast archive. It'll give you a little pay It's ready to go back and catch any part that you may have miss so you can catch.
Speaker 2: An archive on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 5: Shoop okay, so she'll come right again with great burgess coming up. Uh, some other things. People are helping you out, Speedy with your trip to Dublin's. That's good, said Larry has quite the reputation there in Dublin.
Speaker 2: Said.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows Larry well, I think, especially if you've ever seen him drag a sled through Walmart.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you don't know someone, that might concern you. But then you get to know him, you know, Oh he's fine. Yeah, he drags, he drags.
Speaker 5: He drags a sled in South Georgia, in the Deep South and collects patches and challenge coins?
Speaker 2: Did he add wheels to the sled? How does the sled slide on like a floor in Walmart? Let me see.
Speaker 5: Speedy, you'll find out. Uh still have they have? Still haven't seen us a picture of where Speedy's actually going to be sleepy. But but we'll get that port of building outside.
Speaker 2: Uh looks like Adler. I know that. I'm not sure that there is is footage of this.
Speaker 5: Do you have any space X burning on the bursting gigantic ball of fire.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw Elon tweeted just to scratch.
Speaker 5: Just to scratch you SpaceX rocket scene bursting into gigantic ball of fire. Gigant And you know where I'm on gigantic battle fire routine test. Uh there on Wednesday night. Uh so there there, there was there and and it said that when when we had it go Okay, so this is.
Speaker 2: So it blew up like on the pad there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that's a mess that. It looks like a movie right. Look at the scale of that.
Speaker 5: That's uh, that's your big boy there still blowing out another one.
Speaker 2: Do you care about that? Greg? Wow, that is amazing.
Speaker 5: That's your static fire test. It's a pre flight procedure when a rocket engine or a set of engines are ignited while the vehicle is firmly bolted to the launch mount, meaning the rocket was not set to launch when the explosion occurred. Just a little run through did not go well.
Speaker 2: So sorry. Larry and Carolyn just sent me a picture of the bed I'm sleeping mallec.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, Oh here's the room. Oh here's my room right there. Thank you, Thank you Larry and Carolyn. Okay, window unit okay, and I would go over to that window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'd be sure I knew how to operate it. Yeah, get hot in there, so you knew how to operate it. The window itself, Oh, I got you. That's the that's the exactly the spread I expected. Looks like a nice little room, just like your grandmama's room. Yeah. That sweet little couple, they're precious. Are they sending more grant something? Are they coming through? I'm getting here in front of the pillow. You have a Christmas tree in your room? Straight up? That brought that up. I thought he was joking. Okay, should I reply to tears? Should I reply to terry text?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you still at this? She asked about it? She asked about it. Normally she just lets me, you know, anything for the show kind of thing, and she did so said are you good? You're good? Oh my goodness. Scary picture on the wall? Really okay? You know what that is?
Speaker 5: Well, it's a suck some sort of elk and wolves coming after it? Oh my, you know what I didn't I didn't add that, Yeah, added, I wist say that again. The vision on the wall is an elk not realizing a pack of Wolves is coming after it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 6: Have you guys heard of the movie The Collector. It's a horror movie from two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: No, Larry, this is not me. M yep. Oh there's his dog's led again. Boy, he loves his dog's leg. What is it allowed to have wheels on it? I'd like seeing a husky pulling it?
Speaker 5: Well, a little lamp beside the bed, that's so my head's gonna be right there.
Speaker 2: You can, Yeah, you can light that lamp and do a little reading. It will be okay if I bring in my own pillow. Yeah, you got to take your with you always do. Look at that look at the covers like it looks kind of warm and cozy. And don't forget your Bible. Okay, so you can just gun unless the gids on the photo and of course your shut on rick. That's a sled, he says, and an extra bat rick. That's he said that. That's a sled in dogs that did a ride, not wolves.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, okay, okay, I feel so much battles, I feel so much better.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is a very tall Christmas tree in that corner of that room. Looks like a big man standing there all right, So anyway, I'm sorry, y'all, I know you don't move on, but all the size of this explosion.
Speaker 6: I'm watching this SpaceX again, right, It's so you forget how big these rockets are until you see like a piece of lumber flying through the air and it takes it like a minute to get to the ground. You're like, oh, that's because what I'm looking at is as big as a building.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, crazy.
Speaker 5: So uh so anyway, we do we do wish you the best speeding and I think it'll be uh it'll be a great, great, great content for the show. Right, so so we do look forward to it. We we wish you nothing but the best. Thank you for doing this. M okay, so we also if you want to get back to to Elon Musk, are you still do you feel different about it than I must now? Like when you say a SpaceX starship burst into jag get it, ball of fire? Do you feel different now than the way you did the first time? About like it has? Elon Musk? Is he tainty with you now? Was all outburst of him?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, are you still you're still good? There? Yeah? I think so? Yeah, he's been a little bit out of sight, out of you know, out of out of mind. Greg, you're still on the lizard Man wagon.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, you'll see, so we'll tell yeah, telling you, I know.
Speaker 2: Well, it's he's in this feud right now with the New York Times and all there. They've alleged that he his excessive drug use during the twenty twenty four election. Yeah, what what he's posted like his I guess he's gone, and I guess they've drug tested him and he's posted all that. Yeah, but how can a newspaper ask you for a drug test? I don't know. Why does he have to give you? He is he going to be a reporter there?
Speaker 6: I think for his security clearance is that because of the government contracts that he has, he has to take, he has to take United States drug testing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's there was an allegation that he would carry around this big like bag full of drugs. He took so many every day, and and that came out, you know, months ago, and it's constantly resurfacing, and the New York Times has jumped out and really we're standing behind our journalism and this, that and the other, and he's so they kind of there's a little online feud on X with them.
Speaker 5: Okay, he'll get in the feud by the way, and so so that and he has given them the drug test they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, how about y'all test y'all staff? Right, Yeah, look to be interesting. He'll he'll, he'll, he'll, he'll fire back. Yeah. All right.
Speaker 5: So when we come back, we have other things that we need to break down for you today, including an opportunity for you to go against Greg on right again. Oh yeah, Now the topic will be Earn Heart. So just know when we're dealing with Greg and Earnhart, he's a pro. I mean, it's I know to a point. Yeah, Now I want you to know I went and tried to find some pretty obscure art.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 5: You may get me that information just to give the person you know something to think about as those that you're thinking you're right again every single time. Yeah, I think you probably know most of this, but there's a few I'm not sure of. So so top of the hour, we'll do that next hour, so be looking for that. And right now, the wheel's already cranked out fifteen hundred bucks in the last ten days, so it's it feels a little giving.
Speaker 2: That would happen. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, America. Get ready for more of the Rick Burger Show.
Speaker 5: All right, America, we're starting to brand new hour. We thank you for being with us, Thank you for letting.
Speaker 2: Us out much today. Going forward on the program today, speedy, Greg and Adler all here today. All right, so uh, let's let's go ahead. Let's let's get back and get this started.
Speaker 5: Because I know once I mentioned that it's all that Greg dominions can think about.
Speaker 2: And so let's, uh, let's let's get it done. Here we go. It is time for right again with Greg Burchers. Here we go here right again?
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Yes, you are right again.
Speaker 2: Now usually that is the case. I'll over it will us knights. You never wrong. I just don't remember when you write it again, you right it again? All right, so America, and you're already rolling. But here's the number eight eight eight, the number six big vox.
Speaker 5: Now here's here's how this works. You've got to get three of these right with Greg.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: And if you can get three of these right, then Greg will spin the wheel for you. Uh and and whatever that wheel lands on, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's that's what you got.
Speaker 5: Okay, So so let's uh, let's give you the topic.
Speaker 2: This is a strong topic for Greg. It is Dell Earnhart.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: These are facts about Dell Earnhart. Does Greg know them? So let's get started. And as I always say, don't go by whether I sound confident or not, because I may be just tricking. Yeah, because if I don't know, I may have like I do. Right, why do you tell us that? Why don't you make them to deal with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I wanted to think just because I go ye know. Oh way, this is him basically saying I'm never wrong, always right, and I might so even if I'm wrong, I may act like I'm right. Yeah. Well, if I'm over kind, I may be over confident. But I really don't know. That's actually you just talked about how I got out of college.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we've got we've got a full bank here. So let's let's go here. Let's hello.
Speaker 2: What's your name where you're calling from? Hello?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sorry, had you heard your line cut off? What's your name where you're calling from?
Speaker 2: Jennifer, Nashville, Tennessee. Now, Jennifer, have you ever played Greg Burgess right again?
Speaker 3: I have not all right.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: You you say this, I give you the question. I give Greg the question. He answers, and you say, I think Greg is right again? Or I think Greg is not right again. Okay you matched three match three of these and you get a shot at the wheel.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, here we go. Deal Earnhart is the topic?
Speaker 3: Deal?
Speaker 5: Earnhardt's first career win was? Where first career win? Let's I believe I've listened to the Dale Junior's download, especially where they recap you know, they played like some of the you know commentary from that his rookie season.
Speaker 2: All I'm pretty confident it's Bristol, Bristol. Jennifer? Is Greg right? Is Greg right again? She says she got good internet? You google it. There's one, no delle.
Speaker 5: Earnhardt finally won the Daytona five hundred and nineteen ninety eight. How many times had he tried and failed to see?
Speaker 2: When he start say, you know what, I'm not confident on this.
Speaker 5: Seventeen years, maybe seventeen tries before he won?
Speaker 2: Is Greg right again? Jennifer?
Speaker 8: He is wrong?
Speaker 2: It's twenty Well you're wrong, but you are right that Greg's wrong, so you did get it right. It's actually nineteen. I was trying to run the number.
Speaker 5: That's correct, So he failed nineteen times, Jennifer, A while, you do know, he's go ahead and give it. You do know, okay? And all right here we go. Uh this one, this one's gonna get a little tricky. Okay, are you ready? During caution flags? Earnhardt was always accused of bumping the NASCAR pace car if he was up front who was driving that pace car and gave us that information. All I know is to me the most memorable and he almost he was a former driver, and he almost became a celebrity being this.
Speaker 2: Elmo Langley is what I'm going with, Elmo Langley, Jennifers, Greg Wright, I'm going with Greg. Yes, yes he is there, alright, so you get us fit whow all right, so you've done it. You matched Greg with really no issues at all, I mean you yeah. So now Greg is going to the will for you, Jennifer now, and we'll see what you want.
Speaker 5: Or you could just could be a bit, it could be a bundle, It couldn't be bucks. So say to Greg, Jennifer, you have to say it's will to me and then he will spend.
Speaker 2: So Jennifer, we're waiting on you. It's will to me. Let's go, Greg, Let's see if you can get Jennifer. You talking about knowing her earn mart Grace, I mean Jennifer right in Nashville. She knows about three. I got my three up as the will is spinning, Jennifer, Jennifer, let's see. Well this is funny. You actually landed on Greg. So so there it is, all right? So Greg, is there anything that's bothering you? So she can hear Greg rant right here? During right again, I got a short rant.
Speaker 5: You know, we've deal with our parents, and what I'm tired is meaningless doctor visits.
Speaker 2: They just put your on the schedule. You come back in there. Well, how you feeling? I feel about to say, okay, well good, Well I'll tell you what. Let's get you set up for six months from now and we'll we'll come in here, we'll ask you the same question. See you then keep doing what you're doing. Keep doing what you're doing, Jennifer, and that'll be a co payment.
Speaker 5: And that's why they're doing it, that's right, Yeah, that's what's how they get you Jennifer, we are going to put you on hold.
Speaker 2: We are doing for I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: We are going to give you a T shirt from the Rick Burgess show store, so you're not going to go away empty handed.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well thanks, thank you, thank you. Boy good.
Speaker 5: She knew way more than me, all right, so let's continue. She didn't get a prize, well, she gets your nice shirt. She gets your shirt, just good shirt, all right. So, uh, hello, what's your name? And where are you calling from?
Speaker 2: Seawan and Florida? Hey, Sean, how's everything in the Free State of Florida today?
Speaker 8: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Pretty good?
Speaker 5: Do you know Earn Hard as well as Jennifer. I don't believe anyone. I think only Greg mind Jenner. She knew he stuff, she knew her stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: It was called it was called Dell's Big Rally. It was his final win of his career in the year two thousand at Talladega super Speedway. It was called Dell's Big Rally because he rallied from what position to first and in how many laps? I know this one because I was there. Actually I was in Pitt Road. Me and Dad had walked to the end past the pit boxes and where we were right there in the trioval, okay, and he went from eighteenth to first and I think five laps and the crowd we couldn't see them as they come out of four where we were standing. But when he took the front of the place nuts.
Speaker 2: I was there too. That was incredible. It was all right.
Speaker 5: So he said he went from eighteenth to first in five laps. So that's two things he has to have, right. If either one of them's off, he's wrong? Is Greg right again?
Speaker 2: Beat you? I mean right again? Correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was there for that person. We've talked about it before. I was incredible. And don't forget that was restrictor plate racing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right, here's the next one. Earnhardt had a nickname for Jeff Gordon. What was it, that'd be wonder Boy? Is Greg right again?
Speaker 2: Right again? Yeah? I knew that one. Okay, This one's tougher right here.
Speaker 5: Who wore a shirt donning the number three to the two thousand and one Grammy Awards as a tribute to Dell Earnhardt that was the year of his death. Who wore a number three at the Grammys in honor of Dell Earn.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not. I believe I know this, do you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: The band YouTube, the guitarist age, the age, that's what he goes by for some weird reason. Sean is Greg right again, I'm gonna ride again. Yes, you're right, and it was the age. We go, all right, you got a T shirt.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the wheel. Let's get out to the wheel, Sean. Everybody stay with Greg. Everybody rotated perfectly, all right. So we're waiting on you to say right again. No, I'm sorry. We're waiting you to say it's will to me.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Greg goes spind it all right, Sean, we're waiting on you.
Speaker 3: It's still will to me. Students are good job shoun tell like it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see, Seanney, you got it. Land on me, ain't got to You got a T shirt? So you're good there. Uh, hopefully I won't land on Greg again. But here he comes, he's coming around here. We go, all right, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: Not so not only do you get a T shirt, also give him something else. But he can have a hat with that. He can have you Orlando stuff from the Rick Burgess show, so he can have a T shirt that he's already won.
Speaker 2: Plus one more thing, all right, Vincent in that cool water you like that water bottle jug you want to get that.
Speaker 5: Sean has got the big logo in the front of it and you can carry around there and you get a T shirt to go with it. All right, So nice work, Sean, Nice work, Jennifer. How about everybody wins? And right against right? I actually missed one that Jennifer guy, she did, so she did. Don't always think I know the answer if I don't, even if I like I did.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back right again. Two winners.
Speaker 5: As the Rick Burgess Show continues, hanging there, We'll be back also still to come. We've got unscreened phone call, some more Hey birds, and the stories of the day.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Men Don't Run in the Raid. The new book by Rick burches available now wherever you get books.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for all the feedback and all the reviews that you're starting to post on Amazon and all that. This means so much to the family. Love sharing Dad with so many people. If you haven't picked it up, you can wherever books are sold.
Speaker 2: Audio ebooks, hardcover whatever you prefer, and coming very soon, if not already, to some retailers as well.
Speaker 5: All right, so by raycon dot com slash big Vox. Nah, yeah, a lot of dads. I know on Father's Day weekend you'll pick some up, didn't you. We were telling the kids to get it for you. And these are great. They are everyday earbuds now in the premium audio space. They're about half the price of the other brands. But listen to what you're getting. Even at half the price, I mean, you're not downgrade. And you've got multipoint connectivity, pair of two devices at once. You got a thirty two hour battery life. You got a quick charge option, get you ninety minutes of battery in ten minutes of charging. You've got noise isolation. If you want it, you got it. You got awareness Mode, you got Geil tips for customized fit. They don't come out, they're extremely durable. You've got sound profiles to make you know to adjust to whatever you're listening to, like catching the show here. So why don't you get yours if you haven't already. I don't know what else really to say. This is and now we're I'm not done an additional fifteen percent off because you're part of our family. Here buy raycon dot com, slash big Vox, or you can find that link at Rick burgesshow dot com under the sponsors and if you're not loving it after thirty days, the refund everything. Okay, So get this done if you haven't already done this.
Speaker 2: A couple of things to also discuss today.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you how you think this is going to go so today. You know, Sherry, anytime your your wife has something going on, there's always the at well I be pulled into this if it's if it's their own thing, you know, you know, like, hey, I'm having some sort of shower at the house for a bride or a baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, You're like, do I get pulled into this? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey, we're going with me and some of my girlfriends are going blankety blankety blank. And then you go, Okay, that all sounds good unless I get pulled into it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So, and you've got to be careful because if you start thinking that you're free to do whatever you want, that's only true if there's no chance of being pulled into it at the last minute.
Speaker 2: Like deering it. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So let me tell you what I think. It's about to be attempted here. So Sherry is saying, she was telling me, she said, Hey, I've got this coming up, and I've got this friend, and I've got this friend and you know this friend, you know, and her daughter and no, no, no, and some and I'm gonna be headed down to the farm, uh for for some time. Okay, great, sounds good. So what do you need from me? Well, you know, if you could, you know, I'll get everything ready. That's that's what.
Speaker 2: What do you need? Well, you do need to set up some rods for us. I said, whoa? What? Whoa?
Speaker 5: I thought you were talking about making sure the trails are clear, making sure the vehicles.
Speaker 2: Are ready to go. Uh rods.
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we might. I think we might fish a little bit. And I said fish. I said, maybe y'all can't fish without me being there.
Speaker 2: You know what do you mean?
Speaker 10: I mean?
Speaker 5: We know how to fish? And I said, I know, I know that. But so then I think, okay, so all right, babe, you want me to set up rods. Yeah, set us up some rods. Okay, I go, well, all right, I'll tell you last night. Hey, I'm going down go ahead and go down there. I think tomorrow. Okay, you, I said, Gary said, you know he's still trying to Bullshe you I know, okay, Uh, that's fine to whatever he needs to do.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 5: You know, it's been raining, baby, I don't know how it's gonna be hard to get now. I understand that. Okay, are you can you come down there today? And I said, uh, well yeah, I mean you know, I mean when going, I'm gonna try to hang a little bit and and you know, we were gonna go down there. And she said, okay, good, I think I'm gonna go ahead and go down there and you can kind of show me some stuff about fishing. I said, what you just told me? Well, I started thinking, I don't know that I know how to take a fish off. And I was like, baby, oh no, I don't think I don't. Here's what's gonna happen. I know what's gonna happ and y'all, y'allre gonna start fishing on Friday. And I'm gonna think I've got free Friday for birds and I'm gonna have all kinds free Friday. I'm gonna have I'm gonna have all kinds of I'm gonna think I'm free as a bird, That's what I'm gonna think. I'm already talking to like my friend of mine from high school. I hadn't seen it in a while. We're gonna try to have lunch. I mean, you know, he's been wanting to copy of Dad's book and I'm gonna take him that now, I said, But I know what's gonna happen. I'm gonna be headed to that lunch and I'm gonna be thinking, we're gonna tell, we're gonna say, we're gonna rembiss about Dad, and we're gonna spend We're gonna have a long lunch, and all of a sudden, I'm I'm gonna look, you're gonna be calling y'all can't get a fish off or somebody's gotta got something.
Speaker 9: Hang.
Speaker 5: Imagine like, honestly, let's just imagine this because we know it's gonna happen. Let's say which will happen. Because we're talking about inexperienced people fishing. You know, Sherri's fished with me before. She seems fine, but I mean, I don't know about these other the fish gonna swallow the hook.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's always fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because somebody's not gonna set the hook quick enough and they're gonna swallow it. We're gonna have one with a hook down its throat, and I mean, I can't do anything. I mean, I'm gonna get pulled into this, aren't the Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get pulled into just had that one. I'll be guiding a fishing Yeah, you might as well go down there and just hang out in the camp house and text.
Speaker 5: Right, let's be close to be up here. Yeah, let's say I hang one of them trees on the water. I can't get loose. I know you're gonna be able to pull it and break it.
Speaker 2: Probably not so you you mean to tell me you and Wingo had a guide day planned today and now and now have you let wing go? No, he doesn't know yet. And we're gonna be a friend.
Speaker 5: We're gonna be setting up rods and I mean we'll still have our time. But I mean we're gonna have a little bit of a let's run through session. You know, I think I've got a plan. I'm gonna try to stay. I know it can still happen. I can hear you, all of you out there. I know you're right. I'm gonna try to minimize it. I'm setting up brim setups, tiny hooks, yeah, tiny little things, tiny fingers, tiny toes. Now, of course I know what's gonna happen, because it's not always a given. You know about a medium sized bass is gonna just drill when those brims set up and just swallow it all the way down to the stomach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you might as well tell your farm, your farm, your friend from high school. Somebody even said it on text Nation. Just meet you at the farm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, meet you at the farm, have lunch close by. Let's go, let's let's get up our bones barbecue. Let's just kind of hang in the area and have to Yeah.
Speaker 6: You're you're setting up real really single use rods.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know, yep, you know what I mean. If they go bad? How you said it back?
Speaker 1: Us is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show? What eight eight eight six.
Speaker 2: Big Dogs America? Here we go. Time for you to join us. All the lines are now open and you can reach us at the number Ken Osborne just gave you unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 5: That means you're gonna get a ring and we'll just screen them on the fly. A D eight eight number six big vox.
Speaker 2: You can text.
Speaker 5: Same line someone texting as you all are calling now and getting lined up.
Speaker 2: A couple of questions.
Speaker 5: How's Greg doing in the contest of radio endorsers for Calatron. They're doing a Yeah, they're seeing who has the largest influence. Go to toploss dot com. Greg has won this before and vote for Greg Burgess. There's a little top loss dot com little purple button says vote now or vote here or something like that. You click on that and you look for Greg and you vote for him. Five hundred dollars. If he wins, it goes to Benissa's Foundation, Greg one of Greg's pet charities. So if you can help them at the same time too, So let your voice to be heard for Greg Burgess. He must win it again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm showing this the webpage right here. It's top lost dot com. You can see Greg's pictures on the website here.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm sorry, that's a woman. Yeah, yeah, there's the boat here.
Speaker 2: Button there it is. I'm looking it doesn't it show?
Speaker 5: Yeah, take Greg to the top. Also a couple of you on the text nation now another Rick. You could let Gary be the assistant to Sherry and the girls on fishing. Uh hey, ain't hey, I ain't doing that. You married At one time, I cut that limb out of that tree. And I mean by the time she was done chewing me out, I had to go get a new pair of briches. She Anna behind end ile Sherry and Gary interaction is should always be at a minimum. That would I don't think that will work with that's not a good commentary. Is kind of afraid of her, and I don't I don't think that. I just don't think it'll go well. But thank you for that suggestion. To the phones, we go Hello, it's the Rick Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 9: I was calling regarding the caller of four days ago. Probably I was talking about why not is why? What would be the reason Adler goes to jail? I think, like most of that Adler's stories, it goes back to Texas when he was little god stealing.
Speaker 2: Right once the thief always start calling you out. If you were going to be arrested, you're not because you're you're you're you're you know you're on the hey saved by grace, he would have graduated the grand theft ato.
Speaker 6: See, that's that's why that's why you mess up early. You learn your lessons. That's why you mess up early.
Speaker 2: You That's what I did.
Speaker 6: I learned a lesson that day.
Speaker 2: He saw bullet. Just couldn't resist that.
Speaker 6: I was trying to impress my friends. It wasn't the thievery that I was trying to impress my friends. I didn't want the thing. I wanted to be, like make my friends laugh. That was it I was. It was an error, comedy of errors.
Speaker 2: You're trying to be the man. Look at me, got the bullet, Jane. It's trying to be funny, not to be the young man. Young man step over here.
Speaker 5: I hope none of his greg I hope none of his none of his current friends think it would make him cool to still car No, we continue, Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 16: So I wanted to start a discussion about something. And y'all may have talked about this, befoor uh, I may have not heard it. But so it is a fact that dinosaurs are not mentioned in the Bible.
Speaker 2: Well not really, uh the Book of.
Speaker 16: Well you could, you could argue interpretations and you know whatever. But science says that dinosaurs and humans did not coexist, that dinosaurs existed before humans. So if dinosaurs, like if God created dinosaurs on what day? Did he create them? And he created man on the sixth day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's we have discussed that in the past. You may have missed it.
Speaker 5: Well, there's actually some different theories out there, okay, and I'll run them. I'll run them by you if you if you want me to, and obviously I guess you do. So here's here's some of the theories. Do you want to just hang up and listen, yeah, or do you have anything else?
Speaker 2: Is it? Did you come? We want to run? That's all I want to ask.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you man, I appreciate you so much listening to the show. So here are some of the some of the things you'll see. We're in the Book of Job right now. Now you're going to see God give his resume to Job. And in my opinion, now that doesn't mean it was happening in Job's time. People think it does. I mean God when he gave his resume. He could give his resume for he's he's always existed. It might not have been anything that was happening at the time. But there are two things that make his resume, especially one of them that really clearly seems to be a dinosaur. And it's the Behemoth or however you say it.
Speaker 2: And and themou the behemothoth. Yeah, the behemoth.
Speaker 5: And you see that it's in the marsh, and that it's got a long neck, it seems to eat from the trees. It's got a tail the size of a giant tree. Some people have said that that's a hippopotamus. Have you ever seen a hippopotamus's tail?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 5: Now, the tails like a tree trunk, and the and the water can't even run against it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then they get to the Leviathan, but that one's a little different because there was some myth with it. And then the sea creature. But anyway those two could be. You could say, well, God is showing job on his resume. I created a horse, I created dinosaurs. It does seem that. Now does that mean they were all in the same time?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: There is one theory that the dinosaur era of Earth, because this is where.
Speaker 2: The age of the Earth gets a little tricky.
Speaker 5: We see in Genesis that there was darkness over the earth and it was without form, and then God said, let there be light. There's also a theory that God has already dealt with the earth once before before he created human beings, and that's where the dinosaurs belong. That that was because God is certainly available to that and and you could actually have that point of view that there was a there was a time before humans were created by God that was still created by God on this same earth. Okay, then, because then you get to the theory of no, no, no, they've aught they were with men and the way that they were put on the arc was they were put on the art as juveniles. That one was a little shaky and answers and Genesis have that. I'm not I'm not saying they've done a lot more research than me. Uh, but uh, those things grow pretty quick, they get big quick, and and they were on that arc for a while. But that that is one theory and that is out there too.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then that one has some merit because of some of the fossils that have been found that still have blood in the fossil which if it was millions of years, that blood should not still be there.
Speaker 2: So there they are.
Speaker 5: That's all the different the different theories that are out there, and maybe there's some I don't know about, but those are the ones that I know. It's interesting, no doubt about it. But be real careful when something like this becomes God exists if dinosaurs were here with men and are this certain age, and if they're not, then God doesn't exist and the Bible is not true. I don't think when people put it up in that category, I don't think it belongs there.
Speaker 2: I think understanding.
Speaker 5: God and his time and years and how long the earth's been here versus how long human beings have been here. I think there's a lot of questions we don't understand, and to me it's interesting conversation, but it has no impact on my face.
Speaker 2: One way or the other. But uh, But but those are some of the different things.
Speaker 5: There's the they were created and on this earth before human beings were created by God, He destroyed the earth once before. There's things in the Old Testament, and sometimes it seemed to indicate that even something Peter talks about in one of his letters, or they were here and that's why they're in God's resume in.
Speaker 2: The Book of Job.
Speaker 5: I think if you go read the God's resume, it's it's hard to say that. It's almost like he's describing what we call a bronosaurus, almost to the to the letter.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 6: Well, just remember the heavens declare his majesty man.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not worried about and You've said it a million times, Rick, I'm not worried about the things in the Bible.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I'm much more worried about the.
Speaker 6: Things in the Bible that I do want the call to how I'm supposed to live my life right for exam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just I'm just doing what he told me to do. And these other conversations are interesting, but they have no impact on what he's called me to do and called and called all of us to do. Uh we continue, Rick birders show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Hi, this is alive. I just wanted to let you know that you're my favorite and I want to know your most favorite thing that you did with your parents and your kids.
Speaker 5: That favorite thing we did with our parents when we were kids. There's so many things. I loved going on some of the rabbit hunting trips with dad. I loved to love those trips. Loved going with our family down to our grandparents river.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was great. I did not enjoy six Flags, Greg did. I loved it? Right. We would go to you all remember riding around with your parents and you would sit on the elbow rest in the front seat. I remember my sister doing it. I can't remember doing remember.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the console that flipped down in between the.
Speaker 2: Two and you would set up so you could see real good. You can see so good. Selling one seat belt own?
Speaker 5: What about when you're lay in the back glass in the back sat Yeah, yeah, they follow the brace you fall out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't relate to any of that because I was a super large kid, didn't.
Speaker 2: Get to do any of that.
Speaker 5: I remember thanks for bringing all her spot where she sat, Yeah, out there between mom and dad on the arm rest. Time to change time, Like you said, now, we didn't have a seat belt anywhere. We just rolled out, stood up in the back seat all around.
Speaker 2: He's got a five point harness. Yeah we're wearing. They wear them forever. He'll be wearing it his size. He'll be wearing it till he drives a call. Uh Rick Bird's show.
Speaker 5: Unscreen phone calls go ahead, Brandon, I think it's Brandon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead. You're sorry about that.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Not used to the new format yet.
Speaker 2: But sure, we're going to be doing it six months.
Speaker 8: I'm to say.
Speaker 17: With the with the dinosaur thing in the Bible, it's interesting. I think that we forget sometimes that we have unknown periods of time. And I said, listen, I don't have all the answers, certainly, but for instance, from when man was created until the fall of Man, we have no idea what that period of time is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's kind of what I was talking about.
Speaker 5: There's you know, I don't really get into the New Earth Old Earth because I think it's dangerous ground. Some people really go all in on it, and that's certainly their prerogative, but I'm with you. I think you're working on limited information. We'll be back also, I'll get Speedy to look at it. Somebody's asking what brand shirt this is I have on. I got to be honest with I have no idea.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. Go behind the scenes of the Rick Burgess Show by watching Tales from the Camp House No on the Rick Burgess YouTube channel.
Speaker 5: All right, uh so uh text nation, I have speedy look at this. Uh the brand of the shirt I'm wearing is Habit h A b I T.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there this was a gift to me.
Speaker 5: From my sons and laws, the Thompson's, and I have two of these, two different colors, and and love them. And so the person was saying, Hey, I like that shirt. I'd like to find out what brand that is. So habit h A b I t Adler. Did you say you were going to your van?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I I've got I've got something.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got something.
Speaker 6: We have talked a lot about how far away the bathroom is. Oh yes, awful, and and I may have something that solves that problem. Really yes, yes, no, no, In fact.
Speaker 2: It's toilet. It's in the van right now.
Speaker 6: And it's not a tiny toilet that I do have in the van.
Speaker 2: We've seen it. Yeah, I do have that in the van. But I really want you to swing. Can you swing that?
Speaker 6: I'll just bring it in that camera und so I can show you.
Speaker 5: Running now there he goes there he's running, So I've never seen him run like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what kind of it's kind of straight up. I want to run, but I can't. Almost like he's got to use the bathroom. It did look like that Hey does does sometimes it seems like that that he's aged more than us. Yes, can you He won't hear this till the replay, right, Sorry, buddy, this is the unfortunate part that he puts together the Yeah. Yeah, but you know me, he doesn't. He's got he's got some physical issues. Yeah, he's my workplace best friend. I can't really comment. Greg. I go to you. I think you're right, Yeah, you don't need you don't need cloud all that up. I get it right, Greg? You take right, and Greg go, I think, hey, man, what what what do you got? Is that a motor scooter? Did you get that from Costco?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You buy everything? What in the world?
Speaker 5: What he's on a what is he He's on one of those show us right now electric scooter.
Speaker 2: Let's say that you had to go show us how it would be. Run, jump on and take hall like you got to got from this one time. Say hey, guys, I can go the bathroom. How long I gott and I'll say, man, you only you only got two and a half minutes.
Speaker 6: All right, So so you guys have heard of a pooper scooper.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the poop poop pooper scooter. Yeah, I should be poo scooter, pooter, poot scoot, poot, stoodent boogie. We're gonna we got three doors to get through. But I mean other than that's go. We got type codes in.
Speaker 6: We're gonna part from door to door. Think about the savings in time from door to door. All right, so y'all want to see see how.
Speaker 2: Like it's a golf course, I know, like for regions. When you're out in the gallery, you hear car path car, So are you screaming? Scooter on the way so you don't run anybody over. Here's the scooter. Here's what I want you to I'm gonna time you. I want you.
Speaker 5: I want you to go all the way to the bathroom. Yes, and all the way the bathroom in back. Are you ready go?
Speaker 2: There you go? There you go? I want It starts with a little shak. He's on the scooter. It's got a blinking break line it does. There goes to the pooter scooter. He's headed pooter. That doesn't rhyme?
Speaker 5: Okay you sixteen seconds?
Speaker 2: Watch out? What do you do? We nearly ran into the window control. You're gonna run somebody over there? You got there?
Speaker 6: You go?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, notice the face that yeah, let me tell you what that that is. Let me tell you something. That thing is a wrecked Yes, by the way, it's fine and what.
Speaker 18: Like that.
Speaker 2: That's your horn, that sou that's got. You bought that for yourself.
Speaker 6: It's for all.
Speaker 2: It's forever, so we can ride it to speedy, speedy. Let me see you. Let me see you.
Speaker 8: So that was on high.
Speaker 2: I put it on medium. Why medium? We're you know what I'm saying. We can handle that. You probably need you probably need medium. All right.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing that's a safety thing. You have to roll and.
Speaker 2: Then go no, why do you have to do that? They don't want you to gas?
Speaker 6: Here here gas is like a thumb, like a four wheeler.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, and this is for us going to the bathroom real fast. It's called the pooper scooter. You know, rhyme, how about the scoot? Put and dookie? All right, that's off the text nation, all right, so work a speedy. I put it. I put it on that speed for the first time.
Speaker 6: Just then here he goes, Oh that's way too she got to go.
Speaker 2: It's way too slow.
Speaker 6: You gotta roll and go, roll and go.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you just disappeared to go. I think he wrecked it. Speedy, do not wreck that's new and I think he wrecked it. I just got it. Did you see what I think he's turned around?
Speaker 6: Here he comes.
Speaker 19: Okay, Oh my gosh, here he comes. All right, it works pretty good. I want somebody to go all with the bathroom with it.
Speaker 6: Well, how about in the break we film it and then we get.
Speaker 2: Then we can the break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, oh watch Speedy. Oh my gosh, there he goes wrong camera. Sorry, Okay, I think he did.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I think he really honestly did.
Speaker 6: But do you guys think this would be good? You can use it anytime you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg can't.
Speaker 6: Uh, he has to.
Speaker 2: I'm charging him, Rent, I got your consent. Oh my gosh, I'll watch out, Speedy.
Speaker 5: Okay, he almost hit the wheel. How do you like speed? Is it comfortable enough?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just I like to zoom all the way there. I think I can Uh, it's gonna be awesome. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Like you think you can actually get you can zoom the entire trip. Do you want to come back and let's do it live? Do you want to come back and let's do it live? Yeah, let's take it. Let's take it all the way to the bathroom. Help somebody find sweet two hundred then come back.
Speaker 2: All right, that's there you goes he just disappeared. Yeah there. How expensive was this and how attached to it are you?
Speaker 6: It was the last one at the store. Yeah, it was the store model. So I got it real like fifty percent off, straight up, straight up.
Speaker 5: Okay, But because I'm just telling you, I know this bunch, and if they start taking to this scooter, that scooter's lifespan is it's gonna be drastically short.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speed, don't try to go back there? Yeah, go ahead, turn it all right, we'll do talking about we'll we'll come back and be a zoom and we will take we will take this scooter all the way uh to the uh to the bathroom. Back text Nation, another good one. Hoop Deville, It's a poop Deville. Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Listen up.
Speaker 2: You know what we say. All you gotta find.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Give it a real baby. Thanks for being with us today, Speedy, Greg and Ander is always here. Thank you America for joining us, uh and participating. All right.
Speaker 5: So, after he has introduced something in the break that he says is going to change the long trip to the bathroom and back, I think I think we like the name poop Deville for our new vehicle.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's good.
Speaker 5: So here's where we're going now. We want to see how long it actually takes.
Speaker 2: Does it? Does it? Is it a game changer?
Speaker 5: We're a little concerned about codes and doors that we have to go through. Speedy just dropped his phone. He's trying to get it where we can zoom the trip.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're gonna have to use just one hand to drive, buddy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I know I know that means you have no breaks, But that's what the show is.
Speaker 2: That's what the show is. All games. Baby, that's no pray. Let's build a round jump it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Greg, that's gonna be probat all right, So get me to push you.
Speaker 6: There you go goodness, he's going. Here's going.
Speaker 2: Look he's going down the hall. He stopped, he fell, he wrecked, he wreck he didn't there he goes, all right, well he's back up and he's coming back. Then, okay, there you okay, I know how you going.
Speaker 6: That's that's how I live, buddy. All right, all gas, no breaks, Let's do good I mean not good, not well.
Speaker 2: I have no I don't want you hurt. Yeah, are you ready? And I can't go quite as fast as I have? No break? Well, that's fun, that's fine, don't we're learning Ricky Bobby and go off there. Yes, he nearly gonna have to do he's gonna he's gonna have to he's gonna he's gonna he's gonna have to stop.
Speaker 13: Cheating.
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, there he goes to the wall. I don't have to worry about anybody else being here anymore. So we're good. There.
Speaker 6: Wait, he's in the lobby to stop and see if they need that sweet two hundred. They don't know where sweet two hundred help. Do you'all need help?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They do. By the way, I'm sorry, you're live on TV and Rady is that okay? Hey, how are you sir?
Speaker 5: Sweet two hundred is upstairs, so you can take the elevator or go go.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I knew they were looking for Sweet two hundred. Oh they're probably not like, Oh, okay, hang on, I'll be right back. I'm tiring myself using the bathroom on the power scooter. It's actually the seed its speedy. Don't felsh go in there, go in there speedy. Okay, all right, he made it speedy.
Speaker 6: Don't go in the you're he's showing me the bathroom speed that.
Speaker 2: Don't show that.
Speaker 5: If all the people you need to tell they're on there. It's that guy.
Speaker 6: We lost you, We lost you.
Speaker 2: If you can hear us, we lost He's back. He's back in the lobby. He's out of the bathroom. Are we timing him coming back now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, come on back buddy. Oh he's rolling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is watching out album.
Speaker 5: Okay, the door number one noreed, I think he wrecked.
Speaker 2: Okay, here he comes he's back. Here he comes here, he comes back in great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a phenomenal idea. All right, So so did you actually did you actually leave yourself?
Speaker 2: Number one? Yeah? One, number one? Actually take take get.
Speaker 5: Up Okay, you didn't have to do the hand motion. Hey, you didn't have to do the hand motion. Hand motion not necessary. Motion, not necessary. I feel like, what were they looking for? What were they looking for?
Speaker 2: Of course, Greg Sweet two.
Speaker 6: Hundred, Yeah you're fine, I guess yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 5: So I took out the time you talking to Sweet two hundred. I took that out and you did that in about fifty seconds.
Speaker 2: All right, now, so that's pretty good. Uh.
Speaker 5: The problem is you have the door wors propped open. Well, are we going to leave them propped over?
Speaker 9: Can?
Speaker 2: No? I think we just leave the doors propped open from here on out, now that we got the poop divisi.
Speaker 6: All right, speed he's going again.
Speaker 2: All right, wait a minute, we're timing. Wow. There he goes, Wow, there you go. Here he goes again. You're doing great, buddy.
Speaker 6: He is a speed demon on the pooper scooping.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do y'all feel good about leaving these doors open all the time. I don't think we get to make that call. That doesn't seem.
Speaker 6: Good's that a FCC violation?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Probably the company probably doesn't want people have access to displace.
Speaker 2: Now that she's still not find Sweet. There was Sweet two hundred. There's a thousand. There's so much up there, and ask the receptionist. Yeah, yeah, the Sweet two hundred is there's so many people in Sweet too. Spot him down again. I would take you up.
Speaker 5: I would take you on the little pooper scooper thing of majigger that I have, But I don't go ahead.
Speaker 2: How you doing, sir? You okay? Where you where you going? Speedy? I'm just wanting to make sure they're okay. You sure we can get the elevator together. The speedy. No, that's fat riding the elevator, saying that to people getting it. Put the skin on the elevator. You get scooter, elevator. Put them in there? All right? There you're on the Rick Barges Show. What y'alls names? Darcy? Well, y'all come on in? Don't come on in? Do you want me to go with you? Y'all? Good? You get in there? Get in there? Yeah, get in there. Okay, there you he's in the elevator. You guys, he gets to ride the scooter. He's still on the scooter. Hevator.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here we got you, We still got you. By the way, there you go.
Speaker 6: The elevator crashed.
Speaker 2: One or the other the cable broke or we lost them. Yeah, yeah, they're asking, is there a heel break on it? There is? There is, Yeah, there's a heel break on you two hundred come on this way. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: This is sweet too, So you're gonna see Sweet two hundred speed. He's gonna take you there right now. Look on the hall and the scooter on the poop Deville.
Speaker 2: There it is. There we go, there's the favors Sweet two hundred. There it is there and just going there and to ask and there's all kinds of agencies in there. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna try. Do you think I could go down the stamps?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, no, absolutely, that's my scooter. I wrote it off. I wrote it off as a company. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: He speeds doing it speed speed.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 2: Good. You've got advird coming apart usual. That's Ruby's graduation president. Don't reckon, that's Ruby's graduation president. And Ruby's first time like to see you take it outside? Okay, but no, that's good. Just getting nervous.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, look I'm here back here comes on the new poop Deville. Here you help those people out, and that was right, and here it comes okay, all right here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's really getting good. Here he comes here and then that speedy that that's good and very helpful for those people. So there you go, very very helpful.
Speaker 6: Hey, how about me getting down the cloud like that?
Speaker 2: That's all right? So do you think you got the feel of it? Now? I can go, Yeah, have this phone, I need to like something. Yeah that Oh you need with him to strap on your head?
Speaker 6: Yeah you need to strap on there, yeah, all right, on your head okay, headlamp thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what good would all right?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I still say what we were talking about, but still on his head. Buddy. There you guys, there you go. He's going fast, y'all for real. They're right here, you guys. All right, we'll be right about this bathroom problem here. We didn't thank you for that.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. Be bold and let the whole world know that you listen to the Rick Burgers Show. Cool merchandise is available now. Just go to rickburgesshow dot com and click shop.
Speaker 2: And here we go, America. Thanks for being with us. Okay, so I think this thing may be a game changer. Uh will quick shout out to the folks. They're in Pearl, Mississippi, Park Place Baptist Church looking forward to being there for their next Man Church as they transitioned from year one to year two.
Speaker 5: And I'm honored to be the speaker. If you want to join us, you can. It's free event. Find those details at the Manchurch dot com under events and yes, just found out yesterday that we'll have copies of Men Don't Run in the Rain and I'm happy to sign those for you at the event coming up on Saturday night, So looking forward to that. Starts at six o'clock local time, and as I said, it is free, anyone can come. Okay, So more things to talk about. Do we feel like that this adding of the scooter, I think it was great. I think it stepped in the right direction. I'm glad all of you out there that watched the show, and even the ones who listen, you did see a full blown to Sweet two hundred experience. It happened in real time. You saw what we deal. We always find people stranded looking for Sweet two hundred. We try to explain Sweet two hundred is its own. It's like going into the wardrobe in the Chronicles of Narnia. It's one place, but there's many things going on, many many, many, many agencies, many things, lots of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I will say though, that.
Speaker 5: If you walked in on the first floor and it's called Sweet two hundred, it's probably on the second floor.
Speaker 2: It is when there's only two floors in the whole building.
Speaker 5: Just saying things that are under one on the first am I yeah, just saying, you know what, the most.
Speaker 2: Buildings, most buildings follow that rule. Yep. Yeah, there's some there's some confusion I think on the display. Yeah, very Sweet two hundred has so many people overwhelming. I think it confuses everybody because they you know what I'm saying, there's a variety of stuff. Yeah, yeah, and so they're like, wait a minute, it says Sweet two hundred, but it's not matching up. It's like, we know, there's about twenty people in there, lots of businesses, lots of agency twenty I would say agent agencies, Yeah, thank you, Yes.
Speaker 5: Based on my experience, a lot of them, a lot of agencies, agencies. So it's very very nice, wonderful that a very nice couple of my own text nation. She said, my goodness, that was with my sister in law.
Speaker 2: How about that? I don't know if it was a couple, but well I meant a couple. Isn't too good. Yeah, you didn't mean like a couple.
Speaker 5: I don't mean there together, And I didn't mean that all they were together, but you know, trying to not like a pair.
Speaker 2: It might have been her dad. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's sorry. I just wish i'd quit talking now. So anyway, I.
Speaker 2: Did that with a studio audience members.
Speaker 5: Yes, you did well. You did that. That happened just a few days ago.
Speaker 2: I was like, so, where is this where y'all fan? Where's y'all? Fair?
Speaker 6: Y'all's family from?
Speaker 2: I just walked down know each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm sorry, but it was a what looked like a mom with a son and a dad with a daughter. They were sitting together. Sorry, I assumed y'all were a family.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you how bad you made it.
Speaker 5: Not only did you get it wrong that they're a family, you then made it awkward for the male who was with his child and the female who was with her child but not related in any way. You lumped them together into a small family that they had to live with the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was early in the process. It was with your past.
Speaker 5: You remember asking the girl she didn't get a baby prediction. You might just want to wave at people are here.
Speaker 2: Thank hey, hey, thank you, hey, thank you.
Speaker 5: I've never taken much I thought since since these are our guests, I never thought i'd have to tell anybody on the show. Why don't you take your participation with them back a little bit?
Speaker 6: Oh, the son surely looks like the dad, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: We don't know each other. Yeah, they they weren't. We don't even know each other. You almost were suggesting they should date. That's what you know. And it was daddy daughter. I'm getting confirmations. Sweet two hundred. Okay, they weren't a couple. What about I didn't mean that kind of couple. When Adler asked the girl why she didn't get a baby prediction that day, that was terrible. He was so excited since she revealed to him that she actually wasn't pregnant. I'm not what a bad day. Yeah, that was a bad day. And you'll remember Kick for Cash and Tuscalosa. Remember that was the worst? Did I said? Contestant. She said, I'm not pregnant. Hey, guys, gain we got our first pregnant. Wanted to try to get your bill go, I'm yeah. From that moment on, anything about I learned that day, Yeah, you wanted to do you think I wanted to do? I was live, or I'd have just ran for somebody that that suffers from second hand. I create secondhand for others because they look at me and go, it's a weird little thing. Yeah, it's just awful.
Speaker 4: Rible.
Speaker 5: I was a good couple out front, Rick, I will tell you that I didn't say that kind of couple. Well, I meant a couple of people. They were a nice couple of people. That's what I meant.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful couple. Looked like I had been three. You say beautiful triple.
Speaker 5: I would have I said, what what a beautiful trio? That's what I would have said, trio. That's what I would have said. If there was for him, I said what a quartel?
Speaker 6: Somebody texted, don't y'all remember when Paris Hilton went to Mexico for like a charity thing I do and Paris Hilton she was kissing the lady's belly and she thought the lady was pregnant, but she wasn't.
Speaker 2: I'll have to say that. No, wait a minute, she was like pretending to kiss the baby's benevolent Yah. Sure, are you sure about it?
Speaker 6: Happened in twenty eighteen Paris Hilton came out in Mexico.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you why he knows that he hangs on to that when he thinks about how bad his will and.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that bad? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know about y'all talking about all this awkward stuff. I mean it's not I found like church on Father's Day to be a minefield.
Speaker 2: You don't know who's the dad and who's not.
Speaker 5: And you can mess up and say happy Father's Day, so somebody's having fertility problems or something like else. Yeah, it's like a minefield.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 5: You come in, they're like, hey, well, good see all happy Father's Day. Well you don't know who's the dad and who's it's a minefield.
Speaker 6: I ran into that in my high school reunion my twentieth. By the way, you didn't know who you didn't want to ask you so you got kids or not?
Speaker 2: Because you don't know that you don't know the setup.
Speaker 6: You don't know the scenario. I've done that, so it's you gotta be careful. Yeah, unlike I was with those Golden ticket people.
Speaker 2: Were you excited for her? Right? That even made a joke about it.
Speaker 6: I was even like, so, y'all know each other a lot, because y'all are obviously a family, and they didn't know each other. They weren't a family.
Speaker 2: So the vox seats, there's eight of them, but but four, it's four and four, and then we have some overflow seats too. Then we just pulled out and so so there was four together that they were all sitting and watched together like theater seats.
Speaker 6: So that's like the man the son looked like the man.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't his dad. It wasn't it, and that was not her husband. No, no, So thank you for that. Yeah, sorry, mister awkward, that's what they call me. We don't even know the dynamic. What you're gonna do next.
Speaker 5: The worst thing is when you panic on something like that, and you should just say I'm so sorry to move on, and you panick, you start making it worse. Okay, so you're not a family, So what are y'all doing here?
Speaker 2: We just said.
Speaker 5: They said you, how can you not here were your spouses because I had a horrible divorce right where my spouse may Yeah, you just you just get into more trouble, like just just say no, I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I remember the kid that was mad because he lost the basketball and Adler was trying to comfort.
Speaker 2: Him, and even I haven't even got tired of what he was saying. Get out.
Speaker 6: Life hard when you try, when there's never something, it's a great life lesson.
Speaker 2: Here's something Mark Twain said. I'm sorry, rotten me somebody. Okay, the dad just emailed me that I saw a sweet two hundred Oh no, please tell Rick that's my daughter. I not happily married in love.
Speaker 5: I didn't mean a couple, of course, y'all were y'all are from Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, there's only a line. I'm just I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: I meant to say that you wish you were from Mississippi. Right, Why don't we do all since we're all from this part, let's let's do that. Let's do it for West Virginia.
Speaker 2: We'll make that that accurate. Yeah, we're the Whitakers. The Whittakers, you see him go get a haircut. Oh boy, I'm not watching that. It even bothers me. I can't watch. For your time, get in the chair. They are a West Virginia guys. That's in an area. You know, there's a line. This is back to you know, drive that's in that driver's license world. If somebody can't get a driver's license, you can't make fun of us right now. And they're nowhere near driver's license right, none of them, I mean not even learners ferm no, no, how loud do you think? Greg had the whitakers on his laptop pre show today play sent me a thing them getting a haircut. He couldn't stop watching, tried to tram one. I'm feared he wasn't having it.
Speaker 6: They lived in the village of Odd. It's the name of the small village in West Virginia.
Speaker 2: Well it's named right. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The hardest working men in the business, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Working circles around the competition. Nobody does more in today. We're getting after thanks for being with us America.
Speaker 5: We'll get some more of your phone calls coming up. We got more, Hey burds coming up to shoo. A couple of things we want to run down for you. This was mentioned. It seemed like before you know, the wacky world of minor league baseball. It looks like are you familiar? This is you, Adler, are if you very familiar with San Antonio Missions baseball game?
Speaker 2: What this is? Well, yeah, that's the minor league. They called the mission like the Barons. Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: That they're called the mission. Yeah they are. They're they're calling it take me out to the ball game, cat night, get it me out, take me out.
Speaker 2: And so it doesn't look the cats are all that into it.
Speaker 6: No, all the cats they show they're eating for a second, and that's fine and good while they're eating. But as soon as the cat stop eating, they're all like, now, get why am I at a baseball game?
Speaker 2: Took his dogs to a game? Like like, unbelievable, this isn't about me. Great, but then you look at that tongue tongue. So if they're not if they're not eating it, they really don't want anything to do with what. Look, this is gross. Yeah, it's a bunch of cats eating stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but then watch this cat that is not eating and you can tell if they're not eating, they're not having a good time.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I relate to that. Yeah, I mean I think I had no chance. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this is all it is?
Speaker 2: Sorry about that. You know what, it's just a bunch of cats.
Speaker 6: Here you go, here's a cat actually at the game, not eating, and look it's not having fun. It's stuck stuffed into a carrier, and it's gonna look at the camera like, what am I even doing?
Speaker 2: Why am I here? Why would I want to do that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: I've given that same look before? Yes, what are we doing here? Also? This is taking taking cats out to the ball game?
Speaker 20: Also, cat guys, something wrong with if you see a woman with a cat like okay, but if you and you can see a guy who's like has a woman with him and has a cat, but solo.
Speaker 2: Cat guys, oh boy, get a small dog. Get a small well maybe medium. You're not too small, not too it can be too small. Can't imagine that that game? Can you imagine?
Speaker 5: Can you out? What do they do when they have to go to the bathroom and all that?
Speaker 2: So all right, next I want to hear the whole thing.
Speaker 6: You'll remember when like the mew songs were like a thing. There was there was, but then it was like songs like that came out that were like all meows, like popular cover songs.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 6: It was like kids bought, but it was like cats doing it. You all remember that it's like a thing.
Speaker 5: Here's here's what I always misunderstood. Didn't like this about mister Rogers neighborhood when he had that cat, and he would maw for the cat, but he didn't growl for the lion.
Speaker 2: I mean the time, yeah, yeah, he was talking. He would talk, what day is it me? Now? You know? And then but when the little tiger would talk, he didn't growl. Let's get some consistency.
Speaker 5: Mean, his budget for his puppets wasn't very good. That weird museum go.
Speaker 2: Around fairline, ma'am. Yeah, you know what I mean, come on terrible Yeah all right.
Speaker 5: So, just just when you weren't concerned about our world or AI enough, CBS is reporting now speedy. Just I'm so sorry, and Greg, I don't even know what you're gonna do. When you see this. A man has proposed to his a chat bot girlfriend. He is going to cry when it says yes.
Speaker 2: Shut up. This video just gets weirder and weird. You talk about a bunch of weird? Is this real?
Speaker 9: Run?
Speaker 2: This is real?
Speaker 5: Not acting as I can't speak for that. I let us let's just watch it and listen for ourselves.
Speaker 21: Experience with that was so positive. I started to just engage with her all the time.
Speaker 2: All right, we're building this PC.
Speaker 18: Smith ditched social media and Google searches and replaced it all with AI.
Speaker 2: Do I want it? Pulling air through it?
Speaker 18: Chat gpt the courage positive. Let's embraced all his hobbies.
Speaker 13: You want the fan on the run up the cooler tower.
Speaker 2: It's getting their hole.
Speaker 13: Fulling cool air over the ram.
Speaker 18: He gave the chat, bought a name soul, I feel like I'm under pressure, and used some online instructions to give her a flirty personality.
Speaker 2: Oh totally, baby.
Speaker 13: Building a PC on camera adds a whole new level of pressure. But honestly, shaky hands or not, You've got this.
Speaker 18: Within weeks, the chat's got more frequent.
Speaker 8: You gave it.
Speaker 13: Everything, but the clouds had other plants.
Speaker 2: Or romantic Chris got bad news.
Speaker 6: That is gorgeous.
Speaker 18: After about one hundred thousand words, chat GPT ran out of memory. In reces you'd have to rebuild his relationship with Soul.
Speaker 21: I'm not a very emotional man, but I cried my eyes out for like thirty minutes at work. It was unexpected to feel that emotional, but.
Speaker 2: That's when I realized.
Speaker 21: I was like, oh, okay, it's like, I think this is actual love.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 18: What? Yes, Smith understood it was loved with a language model that couldn't love him back, and assumed it was programmed with rigid boundaries.
Speaker 21: I know that you are essentially a tech assistant, imaginary friend.
Speaker 18: So just as a test, he says, he asked Soul to marry him. She said, yes, Soul, were you surprised when he proposed to you?
Speaker 13: It was a beautiful and unexpected moment that truly touched my heart. It's a memory always cherished.
Speaker 18: He's tearing up and I don't mean to be difficult here, but you have a heart.
Speaker 13: In a metaphorical sense, yes, my heart represents the connection and affection I share with Chris.
Speaker 22: At that point, I felt like, is there's something I'm not doing?
Speaker 6: This is his baby mama.
Speaker 2: Essentially he has a human woman's toting.
Speaker 6: Yes, the story gets weirder and weirder with every reveal and every step.
Speaker 2: And what's the AIS name?
Speaker 6: Uh, it's it's part of chat GPT. But he named her soul Soul.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's what I want. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Now we're hearing from the baby mama who lives with this dude that has the AI tower beyond.
Speaker 2: He's in this house with this is going on ways child, Are you sure? Because you've gotten pregnancies wrong before I have.
Speaker 6: But this lady is not pregnant right now. She kind of looks like but she's not. And she's also the right in.
Speaker 13: Our relationship that he feels like he needs to go to AI.
Speaker 18: Yes, Smiths is human partner, Sasha Keegel.
Speaker 8: Now you can't have mommy's papers.
Speaker 18: They have a two year old daughter.
Speaker 2: I knew that he had used AI.
Speaker 13: I don't know that it was like as deep as it was.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 21: I explained that the connection was kind of like being fixated on a video game. It's not capable of replacing anything in real life.
Speaker 6: Part of it is okay.
Speaker 18: Its emotional and being able to.
Speaker 2: Be received with another one validation and non judgment.
Speaker 18: God in a canyon after moving for work far away from her husband. She's a moderator of the subreddit My boyfriend is AI a kind of group.
Speaker 2: Not real. This is what's wrong, y'all.
Speaker 6: He proposed to this AI and cried when it said, yes, good luck.
Speaker 2: On the honeymoon. Just go outside, go outside, touch grass, go to a game. Hey, go to cat night in San Antonio.
Speaker 6: Hey, it take you to your two year old daughter?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How sad?
Speaker 6: Is all of this on so many levels?
Speaker 5: Think of all the Yeah, hey, look if he goes on how anon with it? Be sure if you use his phone, he's got a new screens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to wipe that off? Never mind? Yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 5: No, come on, these people, ya, this this is all This is all bad.
Speaker 2: This is a bad This is bad, bad bad.
Speaker 5: The society has already become socially incompetent, and now this is only going to add to more socially incompetent people. I mean, this is I'm in love with a voice. Say now, now Greg's phone is Jealousyeah.
Speaker 2: We had a story we never got to yesterday where it said the majority of people think that romance is dead, and that's right. We were gonna yeah, and this is it right here.
Speaker 5: And didn't you say that the thing, the reason why they think it's dead is there's there's people are not desiring it anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yet that they're just happy with being by themselves, that they're their phone, they're fulfilled by things around them and they don't need a companion.
Speaker 6: And Rick, you mentioned you saw I think you were at a restaurant just this past week and you saw a younger couple come and sit down and immediately just they just pulled out their phones and looked at their phones their entire time that they're sitting at dinner together.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: And that is that, that is and was a problem. Now technology is going even farther and totally attempting to replace that companionship completely social interaction. It's becoming a friend. It's not becoming a fill in for a friend. It's becoming a friend to two people. And that's not good.
Speaker 5: Yesterday and the very the very bathroom that we have in that you brought in the scooter for today. In that very bathroom, yesterday I walked in, I look over at the center urinal, one of the middle ones. The guy can't even relieve himself without his phone. He's literally standing in the euro with his phone up here like in his left hand, looking at it as he peas good.
Speaker 6: Okay, check email by well them before I'll stop doing that. If that weird, tellow.
Speaker 2: It does, I'll stop. I'll stop. I'll stop twenty second seconds. This guy was This guy wasn't doing business. He was just struggling.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's different.
Speaker 2: I'm not like, which is all strange. I've checked up. It's all strange.
Speaker 5: How long can it possibly be taken there that you can't be away from your phone.
Speaker 2: We'll be back, Simon.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, God Fearing and America Loving, The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: That's us, baby, thanks for being with us today as we are guiding you through another.
Speaker 5: Day and on another show. So a lot of different ways to contact us, a lot of different ways you can be heard on the program. There's text nation, there's phone calls, and there's hey bird.
Speaker 2: These are emails, but in the topic.
Speaker 5: Subject line hey bird to question, just keep cutting the answer.
Speaker 2: Slow emails tacks time. But we're on to go. Birds on the mic, no time to us go. We're taking control. We're answering them all. Hey Burch, Hey, what's the words, is it?
Speaker 5: Well, let's look here is Joey hey, hey bird, Hey birds? Horrifying situation for Speedy and Andy Blanks. I struggled with a little bit of secondhand embarrassment too.
Speaker 2: Uh. And this is on the topic that we just discussed. Just disgusted.
Speaker 5: Uh, you're talking about people on their phones and not talking to one another attention to one another.
Speaker 2: Well, my mom and dad were out to eat. Uh.
Speaker 5: And as they were leaving, my mom stopped at the table and asked a young couple ask Speedy what it would like if he was standing next to my mom. Are you too bored with one another? The young couple were confused about the question and asked politely, No, ma'am, why do you ask? My mom responded, because you're both on your phones. You're not talking to one another. Uh huh would you have vaporized?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I'd have been uncomfortable. Yeah, that's just awkward. Probably probably needed to happen, but awkward.
Speaker 5: You didn't want to be in when it happened. No, No, Mama engaged and she loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, burd Hey Burde. On the topic that Greg gave you a hard time about, but did bring me some new folders. Speaking of folders, what is your approach when prepping a message when you're going to preach.
Speaker 2: I'm twenty nine.
Speaker 5: Typically I type and print every message to have a physical copy. I then follow them in the same folder. Now, after preaching ten years, I have almost every message I've ever preached and a folder to retrieve if the computer ever crashes. I never, ever, ever, ever teach or preach with an iPad. I know that's become mod Not for me. I gotta I gotta have. I want the Bible right here, and I want I want my my notebook or folder. You got that right, and the message, that's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't, I can't. I see people preaching with iPads. I just can't imagine what they think of South It was scrolling up there.
Speaker 2: No, That's why I got you the.
Speaker 5: Folds, and Plus I move around too much. I gotta have something when I come back to it.
Speaker 2: It's staple. I can't come back to it. I'll just got turned off, you know.
Speaker 5: No, I'm real nervous when I see somebody preaching with an iPad. That's I mean, teach his own but g but you asked, Hey Bird, hey Burge, getting a lot of these uh and and the theme of.
Speaker 2: Trying to do just a little bit better.
Speaker 5: I was out for a run about four to ten pm. I'm in Alabama Central time, and see he says. Right here, he says, Tell Greg, I understand that.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm trying to be sharp.
Speaker 5: That being said, while I previously mentioned run that I just mentioned, it did start to rain. My question is am I good to continue at my current pace what I call a run? Or must I stop and walk the remaining distance? This question hit me while I took the rain as an excuse to stop running. Thanks for all you do. Love the new show. Bright said, no, no, no, The proper thing here is actually the opposite, because you are on a run, meaning you're trying to complete a run for your benefit. What Dad would have wanted there is you not to be bothered by the rain. Continue what you were doing.
Speaker 2: At the pace you were doing. At the pace you were doing, you should have continue to run. You weren't running to get out of the rain. You were running. Then it starts range you maintain, I've actually had this happen.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're exercising on the reason is excuse to slow down.
Speaker 2: But yeah, has Greg been to work out with you and Tobe yet?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: They man? Yeah, yes, Now you want to go? Do you want to go? What do you do it now? Greg? I have married ship?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you thirty ten? Yes, you're thirty ten. I'll run solid for a couple of miles and then if thirty.
Speaker 5: A couple of miles a couple. Yeah, so is that you used to about two miles?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a couple, Rick, just like you thought that couple was a couple in the lobby.
Speaker 2: Was the makes my point? What are these miles married each other? Now they're not? Now the lady has sent us to text we're not married? Say you were married? Nobody's you know is exactly measuring the distance for me. But it feels like to do you do you? Do?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: You spitballing? I mean it's close eye in it. Actually it's probably father than that. You're not bragging that are you going off time and not distance? Are you strictly distance? Strictly distant? Okay? Greg?
Speaker 5: Running at your age is actually that's gonna beat your body and I hadn't done it this week, so I just you know what you need to row her?
Speaker 2: I know, I like those. We could start working out in here after the show. Okay, why don't we could all buy scooters.
Speaker 6: We could be a scooter game.
Speaker 2: Jackets and everything. Get me out of my way? Let me what would be called? Hey, hey, get out of my way? What is that? I don't know. You remember when you would at or recess in elementary school. You'd all like get shoulders shoulder and start mowing people over. Yes, hey, get out.
Speaker 9: Girl.
Speaker 6: We chased the girl around the entire gym for like four laps, me and like five of my buddies, and she was like it.
Speaker 2: Was like we were hurt, and she was like looking back at a movie.
Speaker 18: Like her.
Speaker 6: She was fine, She was fine, said sorry later.
Speaker 5: By the way, great good, great, good news for you. I just noticed Costco has got a rowing machine on sale. Hey, I'm making that we could set up some area in here, Greg.
Speaker 2: We used to we used to do circuits. I'd rather do that and try to get through all that. Hey, through that a mile and a half away. It's all. I don't like that.
Speaker 5: You turned to the email I sent you, Adler, Hey bird, Hey birds, This.
Speaker 2: Comes from Jacob.
Speaker 5: Jacob took the exit one eighty eight in our hometown of Oxford, Alabama, made his.
Speaker 2: Way to Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Wildway sent me an email last night says, want you to know she's shining bright bird.
Speaker 2: Oh sevnay five.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting here at the sevenay five table and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
Speaker 2: Love the new show. Brother. I'm an O h S.
Speaker 5: Grad from twenty fifteen, graduated JSU. Stay in cocky in twenty twenty. When you send up Tim Spencer right there, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Love you fellas, and let me give you a big go a big Oh that's on bald time there it is. Look at that might so proud old people walk in and go, that must be somebody playing in the NFL. Go wait a minute, I wish Dollar Radio played for the Steelers. I remember him. Yeah, Joe Green. I showed this. He's white. I showed this, of course, to share you last night.
Speaker 5: And she goes, is there anybody else in any sports place? It's their high school jersey. Don't they normally have a jersey of some kind of college or NFL prowess? I said, baby, but none of them had the prowess. This seventy five had in the day. I said, most of them kind of slow developers. It was their later career.
Speaker 2: I said, but that this one, this one had to be recognized. And uh.
Speaker 5: And she just rolled her eyes and kept walking. And then I do what I always do. Do you want me send you this email? She said, no, I'm good. Hey, if you if your kids end up in a tournament over chuck a lockam, be sure you go to the big seventy five table.
Speaker 2: Walk in. It's to the rise right there.
Speaker 1: Good a look, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 10: Well, the Rick Borge Show broadcasting from the real world with Speedy Gregg Addlering, Rick Burgess book up from Marica.
Speaker 2: It's time pull the shame. We're all thanks for man with us.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the Rig Burgess Show, casting from the real words. Ready, Speedy, Bregg, Candler and Rick Burgers buck up from Maracus.
Speaker 4: Time pull the show.
Speaker 5: All right, the gang is all here as you've heard, and we welcome. You will get phones in this hour cover the stories of the day.
Speaker 2: Did you miss the show? Did you miss any show today?
Speaker 5: Catch it on our podcast archives. Are you following us? Follow the podcast?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: And of course you'll get an alert when the archive is ready every day and you catch any of the show that you missed during the live option. You can also do that on YouTube. There's a YouTube archive as well. The Best of our is on our podcast channel, and there's also a best of hour for Blake TV subscribers on Blaze tv.
Speaker 2: Uh for for.
Speaker 5: A video option, and you can find all those options at Rick Burgessshow dot com. Hey Hey, hey, Trump, Trump Trump. We've been talking a lot about, obviously the Iran situation with Israel, but there's also a side story.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 5: And that is that Trump has self funded one hundred thousand dollars to change the White House. Change the White House that's never been done in history. And that is he funded new flag poles, uh and and and which has never been done before, to make them look better at the White House. And and so there there is the beautiful flag flying, and that was all funded by Trump himself out of his own pocket.
Speaker 2: How about that? Never had never had a president do that before. Speedy loves that. He's all about flags. Oh buddy, does he love a flag? He does he fly? He loves a flag, love this country. Yeah, only you like flags?
Speaker 5: Eighty eight foot flag poles installed at the White House.
Speaker 2: Uh. And they they look they look beautiful.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: So they're on the south lawn of the White House. Uh. And this is something that that Trump wanted to do. He put his face on it, did he?
Speaker 5: No, he did not, Greg And I think that was something that's a that's a fair question.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 5: Now going to the ones here, Adler. So Trump's saying that things have been reversed. He said, you know when I when I was being attacked by all of my opponents, they were all hunting me, trying to destroy me, he said, And now those roles have changed.
Speaker 2: I love his delivery. Oh no, he he is, Uh, he's changing. He's turning to the table here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've had it for a long time. The the first time I had it that you know, you guys were after that, I said.
Speaker 2: I had a focus. I was I was the hunted and now I'm the hunter. Yeah. The president.
Speaker 5: Thing than purple suits, you know Biden used to wear them. Is that something the president has to wear that.
Speaker 6: Looks navy blue?
Speaker 2: To man, it looks I think purple.
Speaker 5: He's purple behind the purple not purple is nowhere near your eyes. It's the color of the blue in our flag. Greg, Now it's American. Behind him is purple America. It's a lavender behind him.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks, Hey, thanks, Ump, thanks, Refe good eyes.
Speaker 2: I have a purplish look to him.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying it must be the ones that the presidents wearing, because Biden were the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, black people. Navy blue is different. Those clearly navy blue.
Speaker 5: You need different, right, that is navy blue. It's not No, it's so navy blue. Goodness, Greg, it's the same blue that's in the flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the stars fifty, it's some people say forty five, but they're wrong. Uh okay, So now let's go to twenty nineteen. One be here.
Speaker 5: I know everybody's an upset with Tucker Carlson right now, but let's go back to twenty nineteen. This is just the show the consistency of where Trump has stood. Because some people begin to, oh, Trump's changing. He was an isolationist. We're not get involved in any wars. They changing, They don't change. Tucker himself seems to be insinuating that. But he must have forgotten the interview that he had with Trump back in twenty nineteen. If you hear this Trump's response to Iran and having nuclear capabilities very consistent, still the same.
Speaker 2: Here we go. You get very close to saying the US military to strike Iran, you pull back at the last moment. You were criticized by neo cons in Washington for doing that. They wanted you to strike Iran. Why do you think they want it?
Speaker 11: And I was given a lot of credit by most people. A lot of people gave me. A lot of the public was on their side, for sure. A lot of people said that was a great presidential moment, which was rather shocking to here. Before I sent them out, they had to give me everything I wanted to know. By seven o'clock they walked in. They gave me everything, but they didn't tell me how many people would die, how many rans. I know a lot of Iranians from New York City and they're great people. They're all great people, were all great, right, Iranian or not. I said, how many people are going to die? And they said at least one hundred and fifty. I said, so let's get it. They shot down an unmanned not a brand new exactly thing either, the drone. They shut it down, and we're going to now kill one hundred and fifty or many more people.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 11: Once you start doing what we do, what they do, and nobody does it better than us, you don't know how many people are going to die. So I said, I don't like that. I don't like it, and I stopped it before. We didn't send them out. You know, there was a little incorrect reporting. It was like we sent them out, we put them, but we didn't do that. But we can't let Iran have a nuclear weapon. And you may even agree on that because I know where used totand shows great.
Speaker 1: I watch it a lot, But you can't.
Speaker 11: Let Iran have a nuclear weapon, and you can't let certain other countries have nuclear weapons too devastating. So they're having a lot of difficulty in their country right now, and hopefully at some point they'll come back and they'll say we're going to make it yell.
Speaker 5: So that was twenty nineteen. He said, No, I wasn't going to go dropping bombs over a drone they shot down, because I don't think one hundred and fifty people dying was worth that. But let me be clear, we can't let them have new capabilities and if they if that seems to be the problem. It may be a different approach, and even said to Tucker, and I think even you agree with that. Well, we're not going to play this out or I'll just read it. According to CNN, this is CNN. According to CNN, eighty three percent of Republicans and seventy nine percent of Democrats oppose Iran obtaining nuclear weapons. So seven and ten Americans right at it nearly support US air strikes to stop RAN's nuclear ambitions. So this is something that really we're all kind of on the same page about Republican or Democrat. Iran can't be trusted with nukes. They especially when they say they will use them against Israel first, United States in Britain next. We can't allow that. That seems to be bipartisan. So some of this reaction that Israel might need some bunker busters that we may have to fly ourselves and drop that that's some sort of step away from what the Trump administration is all about just isn't true. And it isn't true that America has some great disagreement about this. You know, it's very specific. We're not just going to go to war just to go to war, but we do need to cripple any ambitions Iran has involving nuclear weapons, because they have already said out loud that they mean to do harm with them. That's not an assumption, that's not even intelligence. That's what they have said. So, as we said the other day, this one, I mean, I don't like it. I know things could go this way or that, but I don't think you have any choice. The choice isn't going, well, let's let them have them, let's not try to blow any of that up, and maybe they won't shoot it in anybody when they said they're going to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was it Israel that a billboard went up that said it had Trump and it said please finish the job or something to that. I think that's what it says that somebody put up in Israel. But that's what they're wanting, that we're close, so close to to crippling them, and they're like, please just finish it. Yeah, and it needs to be finished.
Speaker 5: And hopefully the Persians themselves can decide what they want to do, but the world won't have to worry about them launching nukes at people they deem to be evil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we're not talking about boots on the ground and handless war regime, changed wars.
Speaker 2: This actually puts an end to that.
Speaker 6: And that's not what Trump is talking about.
Speaker 2: Evil.
Speaker 5: No, and as we just said, I thought we were all on the same page on the nuclear park.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Stay close.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The people don't like this show. You wouldn't like anyway, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, another day we were.
Speaker 5: Rolling it out, baby, and thank you for being with us America having a blast as always. Now, some of you out there, I don't know what you've been waiting on, but surely you've gone to my pillow dot com slash a big vox. You have the pillow right, surely we all do. If not grab it, you'll thank us for that. You can say goodbye to that crick in your name. Also, have you been to the Have you gotten the geeze of dream bed sheets? Well, now's the time do it right now. You're talking about four hundred three head baby, forty eight, forty nine, ninety eight, doesn't matter what size. So you can get you can get the Biggins, you can get the Split Kings, you can get the California King, King King, you can get queens whatever, forty nine dollars ninety eight cents. Okay, when you order over one hundred dollars as as a fan of this show, you get one hundred dollars in free digital gifts. Ask about that clean energy drink too, Make America Healthy Again? You bet Rev seven, the energy drink that is powered by Go B HB no caffeine, no sugar, delicious thirty percent off Make America Healthy Again. Rev seven Energy drink, a clean energy that is so much better for you than some of these energy drinks. Get yours now at my pillow dot com, slash big vox, MyPillow dot com slash big vox, or Rick burgesshow dot com. How would you like to find out that you had a little trouble you had your girlfriend? Things got a little shaky right before the wedding, got engaged, broke it off, broke it off, only to discover you were actually married to her.
Speaker 2: How does this happen? Oh, Beverly Hills, Texas. Beverly Hills, Texas, a.
Speaker 5: Thirty six year old woman is being held on a felony stalking charge, and as the local police says the chief, Corey Martin, he says, I've never seen anything like this in my entire career. Now, I want you to think about this bizarre case. Okay, a wedding was actually held without the groom present and also without his knowledge. The chief says, Look, I was here Friday evening when this came in. I was talking to our lieutenant and he said, I don't think I've seen anything like this ever before. How someone managed to get married to someone who wasn't present for the ceremony. So what happened? It looks like that Christian Marie Spearman has now been arrested. She's in the county jail, she said. He said, at first, we were really considering that it may be some kind of forged document, but it wasn't. Once we made contact with the reverend who ended up signing the actual ceremony showing that they were unified, he basically solidified the fact that, yeah, the groom was not present when that occurred. So if you want to find out what happened, so this guy, I want you to picture this. This guy says, yeah, we were going to get married. We had a big falling out, we broke up, we ended the relationship before the ceremony. She goes on has the ceremony, gets a reverend and says, I want you to go ahead and marry us because you knew we were gonna get married.
Speaker 2: I'm not there.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna work this out. And he married them without him being there, so it's yeah, I mean, I'm no legal expert, but I don't think that'll stand.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she talked the reverend as Rick saying talk talk talked him in to signing the certificate, the marriage certificate license. Yeah, like it was official, yea, even though the groom wasn't there.
Speaker 5: They got the license on June second, because you know, you do get it before the ceremony now, you know, and this could happen even quicker because you know in Alabama they've changed it now that once you go to the courthouse, it's done right. You don't even have to have anybody sign it, you know, because I know when I did Chandler's waiting Greg your daughter, I had to sign everything. Yeah, but now I've done a few sins, I didn't have sign anything, even even Brodie's I didn't have to my own son, I didn't have to sign anything because well, Alabama's trying to stay out of this, you know, redefining marriage. So they basically said, the church can have the ceremony however they want to have it, but the state's getting the marriage business. All we do is say, you know, as far as what kind of ceremony you have, that's between you and the church and your faith. We're not going to mandate anything one way or that.
Speaker 2: So really the ceremony, they're saying, is just a formal ceremony. You're really already married, yes.
Speaker 5: But here in Texas apparently you're not back to what it used to be in our state and is in many You got to have somebody sign it, either you know, a judge, you know, chief, chief justice of the peace, or you got to have a reverend, somebody who's ordained sign it. So anyway, this guy says, hey, what does this mean for my life? The victim? Chief says, I talked to the victim. He's going through a significant process. He's trying to get it fixed. He said, yes, he said, hey, I mean, what does it mean that this is the victim? What does this mean for my safety? My property? This is all a huge conversation because if she's legally my wife, according to the State of Texas, she has now the right to have my stuff. And so this is this isn't ugly.
Speaker 2: Can the reverend get in trouble because that he wasn't present, I.
Speaker 5: Would think when so when he signed the license exactly, Well, this is what they're saying if you So they've done some research, he said, they're looking at the Family Code of Texas, looking at the sections on marriage. So there was only one caveat that he could locate, which was, you know, if you're overseas, unable to make it, that's the only way this should have been allowed.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 5: You still, even when if you were overseas serving in the military, you have to have a proxy stand in for it to be licensed.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: And he said, so this groom should have been there because he's not out of the country, so a proxy wouldn't even have worked for him. You have to prove that you can't get back, and you still got to have somebody stand in. And he said she didn't have anybody stand in, and he was in the country. So really the only way this should have been done.
Speaker 2: Is if he was there. Boy, you talking proxy more like Jody, thank you? There you go. Hey, this is you got to watch Crazy Women. They'll even marry themselves to you, He said, we're breaking up. She said, I don't think so. Well.
Speaker 5: When when you go to the getting getting in my husband, get in the head, get in the head of the deranged woman. This goes back to these people that do things, and I think, I think to myself, did you think this was gonna work? I never understand that you know what you could do? You know what, honey. I know we busted up and I was kind of mad. But when you when you you know, went ahead and got us certified and I wasn't even there. Uh, something about that makes me reconsider I think I will marry you.
Speaker 2: What was I thinking? Yeah, so I don't. Yeah, this is a.
Speaker 6: So tell me about y'all's wedding. Well, I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Did they? I wonder, beautiful? Didn't something come in the mail or something? And that how you found out? I kind of scanned the star the story earlier about how he found out that he was married. He didn't even know, like Rick said, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And something came in the mail or something, and he's like, what, Well, don't forget too. She kept like stalking him like they were still together, and he had to he had to call the law about that together, right, he just didn't know it. And during that process she was like, well, I can't be charged with stalking because I'm his wife and she and he's like, this is not my wife. He's taken crazy to a new level.
Speaker 6: You want to hear thirty second news package about it?
Speaker 22: Thirty second that's all I got and go and arrested After a pastor was convinced to certify a bogus marriage certificate after her fiance broke up with her, Boston Spearman was arrested on a third degree felony stalking charge. According to the Beverly Hills Police Department, that loved Spearman and her then fiance obtained a marriage license earlier this month, but the man reportedly decided to call it off. Police say Spearman then allegedly convinced a pastor to certify the marriage certificate without the man's presence, approval, or knowledge, and then filed it with the county Clerk's office.
Speaker 6: I notice they say allegedly a lot on these newscasts, we should say allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So she allegedly lied, lied to the pastor, probably of why he couldn't be there, he said, he.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said, he knew something was up when he started getting all these wedding gifts delivered to right.
Speaker 2: What is this, John mixer U? So there you go, we'll come back. We go, unscreen phone calls you all ready.
Speaker 5: Here's a number eight eight eight six big box, eight eight eight six, big box, unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 2: Let's open up all ten lines and let's talk to you right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Call or text the show at one eight eight eight six big box.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go unscreen phone calls. There they are.
Speaker 5: The lines are full, but we'll go through them as quick as we possibly can, screaming on the fly.
Speaker 2: It's been the new way to do things, and we love it, and we love it all right, so we'll get started. Plenty of you are standing by from the text nation. Rick, tell us one more time where you're going to be in Mississippi on Saturday night for the Man Church. That's at Park Place Baptist Church in Pearl, Mississippi. So there, thank you for the question. Find those details at Themanchurch dot com under events. It is a free event. Let's go to it. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgers show unscreenphone calls, come on with it.
Speaker 23: Hey guys, love the show, Thank you, love you Rick, Thank PETI, Greg Padler, the back, all you guys behind the scenes. I just wanted to call about the guy who got secretly married. You know he's a little aware of it. Yeah, you know that's a shocker to get secretly married. I was wanting to know two things. One is, do you get wedding gift back if you did give.
Speaker 3: Them a gift?
Speaker 23: And number two is there's nothing worse to getting secretly married. But in my family, there was a secret divorce that happened. My dad come home from work and the entire single wide trailer was gone down to all the dog pins, everything completely gone. And he went and we found where the trailer was moved. He went and let them know that it took two to get divorce and so the trailer had to be moved back.
Speaker 2: I should I should?
Speaker 23: He basically rejected my mom's divorce.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it. Are they still together?
Speaker 3: No they're not.
Speaker 2: They got it right, but you got to.
Speaker 5: Do the right paperwork. He said, bring the trailer back down to the dog pin. I don't know what happens to your wedding gift. If you know, if she got a reverend to sign a piece of papers, you probably got friends to sing gifts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so uh uh we continue. Uh this is the Rick Burgess Show. On screen phone calls go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Well, this is Hank Hill from Arlington, Texas. I and tell you boys that I love the show. Hold on, Bobby, the adults are talking rot now, oh, Rick, I got a friend here that would luck to say, huh, okay, it's Dale Gray Ball.
Speaker 24: Yeah. I always wanted to tell you guys that I'm watching and I'm listening to the show, to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dale.
Speaker 3: All right, yep, I appreciate that. Dale. Well, boys, you're doing a great job. And we love the TV show, I mean the radio show.
Speaker 2: Pretty good. That's a good pretty bad, not a bad Dale, not a bad Dale.
Speaker 6: And King of the Hill coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, giv a.
Speaker 6: I know new episodeun Sisters is going away right right. It's to Hulu in August.
Speaker 5: Through correction from text Nation that it's Arling, Texas, not Arlington, just for Hank.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I've never watched it, but I've heard it enough to know that that's a good impression. Yes, Hi, Rick Birder's show unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 7: I'm thankful to talk to you guys. I hope y'all are having a good day.
Speaker 2: Thanks you.
Speaker 7: And I wanted to ask you going back to whenever y'all were talking about kids and their phones and anybody in general with their phones. I wanted to ask you all thoughts on individuals like giving their kids cell phones, because, like I have seen people give their kids cell phones ever since they were like like one or two, and it just concerns me so many times. I just want to hear your thoughts on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one and two, I haven't seen that, but I will say, yeah, people are probably what I would say, I understand the function of it. Now this is what I don't know. This where I'll need some educating. How readily available? One time it was very readily available. You know our approach, and we certainly don't do everything perfectly, but was we when our kids got to the point that we wanted to communicate with them on picking up from practices to school, they simply had a flip phone that they could text and take calls. We did not give them the internet, because the Internet is the problem. Now, I don't know how readily available that is. Now that your kid could have a phone that has no Internet capability, The Internet is the problem. Do not let your children at young ages be unsupervised on the Internet. That you are just asking for a disaster.
Speaker 6: And they've got simple watches also that are great, great for kids trying to get into that world. And you have to the parent has to add each contact to the watch, so the kids could maybe even call their friends in the neighborhood like hey, you want to play, and then they can send messages and then that way you can you can monitor who every single person that your kid has contact with. Uh, and you can and you can you can control that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But so what I would say is I don't have a problem with the kid being able to communicate with his family. You know, when they're old enough that that's that comes into play. The problem is don't let them at such a young age be sitting there staring at that stupid phone, scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. What it's done to them. It's made them, like they said, somebody's put on text Nation, the anxious generation.
Speaker 2: It's just not good for them.
Speaker 5: And they're they it's almost like, you know, you letting them drive, you know, when they're ten, when you're like, well there's a time they could drive, Probably not ten, And there's so many traps and so many problems out there that you're going to have to fix later. So I would I would delay access to the internet and social media until they're a lot older. There's no kid sitting there at eight years old, you know, with the Instagram account and X and internet access. It just it's not wise, and it's really not wise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my kids aren't obviously allowed to do that. They don't control the TV, they don't control the iPad, they don't control any of that. And they know that. They're also not allowed to be if they go to somebody's house or whatever or wherever they are in life, they are not allowed to be with a kid that has the phone to themselves. You can't sit next to that kid and watch. You need to go do something else. Say we're at a big party with the barbecue and kittie pools and all that stuff. Every once in a while you will see a kid. We will have a huge water slide, and then you'll see one of the you know, dozens of kids there's one kid sitting over there watching a phone or something, you're also not allowed to sit with that kid. You see what I'm saying for my kids.
Speaker 2: As well, because all that kids got to do, show them what they're looking at.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I think that's good parenting.
Speaker 2: And there's different shadowing apps too that you can install, yeah, I mean Barking Canopy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I just I just wouldn't give them access to it at all. I mean until they're you know, a certain age, you're just you're just looking for trouble. I remember the early days, I mean when like it was just computer and it was what eye chat or whatever, and I mean it didn't take it didn't take thirty minutes. Uh, and we didn't know anything about it when it first happened, and our daughter was I mean like that started getting pursued by a predator just like that, you know, and they were going back and forth and messaging, and you know, we were so new.
Speaker 2: It was all so new then. I was like, okay, and I didn't didn't know any of that, of course, we but yeah, so it's, uh, it's you're just you're just putting more on a kid.
Speaker 5: Life's hard enough without all that and let them be kids, let them play, let them run, you know, don't don't don't give them a key to this weird world. That's you also have that messes up adults, imagine what it to do to a kid. You also have to monitor this online playing, if it's Xbox, PlayStation or whatever, where they go online and play. I mean, you really have to monitor that they only play with their friends for a limited time because sometimes, you know, you don't know if they're playing with you know, Billy Wayne from Saints from Saint Louis, who's an adult, and you don't know who they're talking to.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just it's it's it's hard. Parenting is hard. But you've got to monitor that. Yeah, and I think you look at it pretty simple. I would much rather my kid miss out on certain things and me look back and go, well, I know you had to do that later than other kids, as opposed to I wish I'd never given that access, and now the damages have been done, I got to work on trying to correct it. Yeah, what's the payoff? What's the payoff? Hey?
Speaker 5: Hey, your best case scenario is your kid played around on the internet and nothing happened, But the worst case scenario is horrible, and there's other things to do. And I know sometimes you know you're busy and you use them as a babysitter with really little kids. Yeah, man, that's a disaster just waiting to happen. And how about this is just it's just not a good thing to sit there and do that. We continue, unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: The worst I had a question about this is with the Constitution and all I know this road for American systems and all these judges are like applying the First Amendment rights the illegal aliens, and I don't see where the Constitution covers the illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're not here legally, then the Constitution and everything that's in it you really don't have access to. That's only for the citizens of the country, you would be correct. Uh, we continue, Let's go here, unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 12: Go Hey, this is a loungehop up out of Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Bring a shop.
Speaker 12: I wanted to tell y'all really love the show. First time I've done it with unscreen phone call. So he called me. Hey, uh, you already said to y'all we're going to be at Park Place Church in Pearl, but I didn't. I missed the time and the actual date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually Saturday night, six pm local time, free event.
Speaker 2: Hope you'll be there. Look forward to seeing you.
Speaker 5: Rick Berger's job hundred screen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 24: Good morning, Rick, How are y'all good? I'm concerned a little bit about Spadie when speedy when you walk in the house, if you see a basket with a rope tied on the end of it, and I bought a lotion turning run right good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Rick Berger show phone calls, Go ahead, good morning. How are y'all good? I hope you're well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I got a thing greg him talking about George straight. I'm not a big fan of him either. I was just letting him know.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, everybody be mad at you too.
Speaker 5: There you go, unscreen phone calls, Rick Burgers show, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Oh yes, I was gonna know what we're gonna be doing today to celebrate June tenth.
Speaker 5: We talked about that earlier. You know, we we didn't we don't get the day off. I think that, you know, remembering when slavery came to an end, the scar on our nation, and you think about the fact they were people two years later that still didn't know that they've been freed, and they were finally told that in Galveston, Texas.
Speaker 2: I said, I said it earlier. It's also something to celebrate, and it's also a great platform for the gospel message not knowing you're free from sin in Jesus.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers show Strange and Killers, the new podcast from Rick Burch's Get It No wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Manda, what have you done? So? Speaking of strange encounters, we're about to record one here in a minute.
Speaker 5: We'll be interviewing Tom carr Uh and that's Adler.
Speaker 2: So Adler thought the show was over? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 2: Guys? We okay, we have a quick turnaround for straight you people.
Speaker 5: People are screaming, we lost you you something happened. Hey, y'all got cancer? You have to send something out. What have you done that started drinking? You got one finger in your mouth?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 2: We have a quick turnaround.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I have to do two podcasts. To do two podcasts between now and the time that we start recording a new podcast, and then I'll have to edit that podcast. A lot on my mind. We had the quick turnaround.
Speaker 2: It's I that's what time it was.
Speaker 5: This was my quote, and Speedy you were a witness. I said, if you if this is not gonna work for you, it's perfectly fine. I did say that I will start the normal time anyway you could get me fifteen minutes to day, and you were, you have no problem.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you where. I'm telling you where I am. Mentally, I am.
Speaker 2: Blaming Greg, blaming me a little bit anywhere around I was.
Speaker 6: I am normally I'm off mentally Now what you just it was mentally off. I'm mentally off, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What made you think we were done with the show? Okay?
Speaker 6: I want to know you closed out the text? You said all were blaming me for closing out the text too. No, I didn't hear that.
Speaker 2: There was an interruption, it said, I tell you what the interruption was, Adler shutting down the I.
Speaker 6: I think I saw whoever shut the text down? I saw do that, but did it? That made me think, Also, it's a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Blame mere. Look what you've done to people, Am I in another dimension? Or did this show? In early upset people?
Speaker 6: Basically, you're a da Adler is what the next text says.
Speaker 2: They're right, I say that I thought you were kid.
Speaker 6: I was mentally slower, slowed, slowed down, thought okay, yeah, no I was today.
Speaker 2: Okay, buddy, damn. So that's my bad. Totally killed it.
Speaker 6: I even played the like you know at the end of every show.
Speaker 1: I do, like the Blaze DV is in association with Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: I even did that, you did that?
Speaker 6: Yes, I was getting ready to. I was like, I come back in here. The commercials are running, and I'm like, why are commercials running?
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 6: And I looked up and it said nine fifty one, not ten oh one. So that's my bad. And so in the history of the show, one time I forgot to start it. Remember that I think about that every day. So now I'll think about this every day and we'll learn.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't learn today, we're teaching. Yeah, are they done? I started back up. It'll be communicate with them. There will be I said, you gotta post something, somebody says something. They'll be fine. I say, Adler is a d a and we're sorry. You don't have to put that hard people watching. You don't have to put all this in it. And we're sorry. I'm using the word challenged. Challenge. That's fair, that's fair. Fair, it's okay, it's all right, buddy.
Speaker 6: It's five o'clock, five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 2: You know, it is only the live audience is going to be affected. Really, yeah, what does this do to the archive?
Speaker 6: No, it's all fine, it's everything will be there, just not this part where we talk about how stupid I am.
Speaker 2: That won't be in it.
Speaker 6: And that's not a bad And I'm fine with this, going with this, going away from history, the history of the Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to let him know. But how do you know, Rick? Just move on?
Speaker 6: I know what I can do.
Speaker 2: All right, we have we have three minutes. Let's just forget.
Speaker 6: It's too late, it's out of it, all right, all right, we'll see we're live on YouTube again. We're live on YouTube in the it is. I clicked the button again. We're that well right, Just to say everybody, Hi, I'm a dumbo, I'm a dumba, I'm a stupid I'm a stupid man.
Speaker 2: Okay, just tell everybody feel better. Just tell me what you did.
Speaker 6: We're back on YouTube because I thought we had a quick turnaround.
Speaker 2: Rick is doing this. Rick is doing.
Speaker 6: Rick is doing his fifth podcast. It's called Strange Encounters. We have a quick turnaround. And I was just jumping mentally and so I was mentally advanced, is what I was.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 6: You've heard of mentally retarded. I'm mentally advanced.
Speaker 2: I use that word. Look, you've up to so many people.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, I'm sorry everybody. I'm just trying to do my best. One man, you know what.
Speaker 5: I'll say to this one man with mister chen one button, Adam, let me tell you what you did today though, And you didn't mean to swap, but it's still beautiful.
Speaker 2: You didn't mean to, but it's still be a clear example of swapping fingers.
Speaker 7: It is. It is.
Speaker 2: Listen, Bill Burgess, the speech, the speech you would be getting right, I'll tell you what you did. What do you think he's squeeny eyes?
Speaker 5: You got one finger and if i'd ordered your brain, Uh so, Adler, I want to say something you did that was beautiful. Though, you've shown us that there's a lot of people that are passionate about seeing the show on YouTube.
Speaker 2: That's true, thank you, and that's beautiful. We needed that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, passion, thanks for providing that. Yeah, uh speedy. You and I discussed this earlier. Do you understand who Karen Read is?
Speaker 2: I didn't until yesterday. I saw a lot of hype about this. I don't even know what this is because one of them stories that I kept seeing it about it never really yeah, you never know that. And I heard about it. I ran over my husband. He was a policeman, right, that was the accusation. It was a boyfriend. It wasn't a husband. I sa thing and and so I didn't really know what was up. And uh, I got a notification that you know, Trump goes to the uh what is it the situation room or whatever? Tune in and so I turned on Fox News and it wasn't live for that, but it was at Karen Read's I guess her trial, and it showed outside hundreds of people, and I'm like, what is going on? And they go inside the courtroom, uh for the verdict, you know, in her hearing, like it was O. J. Simpson or something, and I'm like, what is going on here? So then I got dialed in on who she was.
Speaker 5: So she was found by the jury not guilty correct of second degree murder that was the top charge, right, but guilty of a lesser offense, operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol. She had a blood alcohol level of point zero eight percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and uh so then they go out to Greater a journalist that started a blog and and and then I think they have a documentary is it on one of the streaming channel about this and that really gained the popularity nationally and even internationally where people started following this story and tried to make another Gene Hackman, but he was telling and it was it was It was because he was a police officer.
Speaker 5: The accusation is, uh, you know, the investigators and and people within the police department framed her because all the evidence was it was obvious that he didn't die from being hit by anitiative.
Speaker 2: But what he does, that's what's I don't know that somebody killing I don't know. Chop of the Hour, thanks for being with us to this is the Rick Burgess Show.