Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to Fantasy Pros m LB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Friese Picks.
Speaker 2: It is me, Joey P. Joe P's a pa with me. Of course, every day is the Welsh and it's you, the.
Speaker 1: Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks joining us live on our YouTube channel. Don't forget to like share, subscribe to the YouTube channel again. If you drop a comment below, you could win a free premium upgrade to Fantasy Pros Premium. It's a good thing and Welsh. We got a lot to break down today, as we always do. Happy show, Hey Tony day to all of you who celebrate. And I am miserable because everything I touched turned to crap yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's right, I was just a mush.
Speaker 1: I was the absolute l of L's capital l loser yesterday. So I'm gonna own it. It was a bad day. We move on from here, Welsh. I think I'm gonna call it what you had last week when I was on vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's the cooler day. I'm all too familiar, all too familiar where everything you say turns to much wrong about everything I feel it. I totally know I mean, I was rasing you a little bit online, but it wasn't even about the daily take. It was the big take about my boy Zach Gallon, who I put in the trade video which is on Fantasy pros. Let's get those downloads up and those clicks up on it. Who was one of the highlights of that video. Who happened to be pitching yesterday, And he was pretty deep deepty good with the forty one csw and eleven strikeouts, No big.
Speaker 2: Deal, he was.
Speaker 1: And we had a great conversation yesterday on the show about Zach Gallen and trading four or trading away Zach Gallen. And I think you know that was a really interesting conversation we had yesterday. I know you did a breakdown too. That window might have closed with yesterday start how good it was. It's very possible. But he wasn't the only one who was good yesterday. Because the unstoppable Tampa Bay Rays just continue to be unstoppable. They are ten and oh welsh, ten and oh unbelievable. Now thirteen wins open the season. That is the record. That is the Brewers from nineteen day. Yes, I'm old enough to remember that that was in my childhood, and it was pretty cool. That was the Dan Pleisek Teddy higueera era with Robin Yeout and Paul Molitor. It was fun team rob Deer striking out every other at bad good times. But Brandon Lowe go ahead solo Homer, Peter Fairbanks slamming the door on the Red Sox and the ninth too. So the Rays continue to take advantage of their early opening schedule. And it's funny because they were by far the third place team in terms of what Vegas looked at them. But so far, men, everything is broken right for the race. Here's the question the Welsh as they start to play the teams like the Yankees again and you know some of those upper tier teams like the Blue Jays and so on and so forth, how do you think this team, in particular, from the way their structure is going to hold up. I know low being back has been a great addition back into that lineup, along with Wander Franco hitting with a Rosa rain up.
Speaker 2: Now, all of a sudden, it seems like they have a real offense.
Speaker 1: Do you think the next five months this Rai's offense can continue to play at this very high level that they are right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think like there are what a sum is bigger than the the parts.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't even want to say it because I love a good Welshism, so I kind of want to some is better than two in the.
Speaker 2: Book, it's bad.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is like that team plays really well together, and all those pieces work kind of in junk in conjunction with each other that it's like, you know, when one kind of falls off, the other's picking up. Brandon Lao hitting was a huge critical piece. I actually think this team might consider down the road, especially with the plethora of pieces they've got in the minor league system, to make a trade to kind of bolster up. But I mean this is built around that pitching. And someone in the chat pointed out, like Tyler Glasnow is coming back as well. Jeffery Springs, Drew Rasmussen, and Sean McClanahan kind of lead the way getting glass Now back in. That's what's going to be so difficult. Got a great bullpen. A great bullpen if you think like Jason Adam and you think of Peter Fairbanks, and then you go and you put a killer four person rotation in there. You just got to get a couple more pieces. Wander hitting is the catalyst and all the other It's like, you know, the cream rises to the top analogies. I can get into the race. I'm thinking brother Tampa Bay Race. I'm contemplated, though I don't. I'm I'm a little bit worried about Mushing because I kind of want to take him today because Shane McClanahan is on the bump. That's my guy.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting.
Speaker 1: It's funny you said that because Whitlock comes back and I've been waiting to find Okay, it's gonna end soon. This is a game where they're a heavy favorite because McClanahan. There's a part of me that wanted to bet the Red Sox side of it. But I don't think it's today, But it is coming. Winter is today, the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Winter is coming. Like for do Goo endeavors. Both have like a four hundred career record against him, which worries me a little bit, especially with any lefties that are gonna do you two lefties that have a good track record on him. Yeah, but it's not a great it's not a huge, huge like favor there if you take the run line. Here the run line, you actually get plus money on one and a half, and that's what I'm tempted about. One and a half run So if they win by two, ye plus one thirty five is kind of why I want to do it. I also don't like Garret Whitlock coming off of coming off of his rehab stents, and I think he could get beat up a little bit. But it's tenuous because we're in that territory where we're like it's gonna happen some point. Some point is not gonna happen. I don't think it's gonna be today.
Speaker 1: At Lea's gonna be today either, which why I didn't bet it. Bryce Elder was the only thing I did get right yesterday.
Speaker 2: So he was, uh, he was was.
Speaker 3: Your price Elder? That is gonna be Oh yeah, dfs.
Speaker 2: Oh the DFS play. Yeah. He was like eight K.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was a great start there for him, A seven strikeout, six and a third squirrel sittings. That's what you want, hard earned victories, you know, that's what you're looking for there. But so far, twelve and a third innings, thirteen k's four walks, a point ninety seven whip I'll do. And on Sunday he faces Kansas City, so that's another good situation there for him. Gunnar Henderson, this came up in the chat here I saw this is a great question from Tim Sawyer. Tim, I'll get I bring up this question. Then I'm gonna go through some Gunner Henderson stuff. He was not in the lineup yesterday. He's hitting just a buck forty eight eight four for twenty seven, one homer, one steal through eight games.
Speaker 2: It's only eight games. But this is a great question from Tim in the chat.
Speaker 1: And again I always encourage everybody, if you get a chance ever, you're free join us live, get your questions in the chat. We literally have hundreds of people always watching live. The chat is very lively. People ask great questions. We'll make you famous, will put it on the show if you ask a good one or a stupid one. We love stupid questions too. Which third base do you see a month from now being the easier start? Josh Young from the Texas Rangers or Gunner Henderson of the Orioles.
Speaker 3: That's especially they phrased it too.
Speaker 2: That's Timmy crush this one.
Speaker 3: It's a great way to put it. I don't know how else to do this without like putting caveats to it. I guess if I'm you know what, if I'm just gonna throw it out there. I'm gonna throw it out there and say Josh Young. And this is being a little bit more of a reactionary my caveat wanted to be. If Gunner starts hitting, even just a little bit and kind of finds his rhythm, it's gonna be him because of the stolen bases, you know, the stolen based potential. Here's the problem, forty k rate. He's walking twenty two percent, but it's a forty percent k rate and expect a batting average under two hundred right now. So it's just like really difficult to kind of gauge, like where is he going to go? I think everything is too outside of Corman Carroll will never walk in the history of ever. I think everything else is still just in the way too early phase. And I don't want to be chalking off Gunner Henderson because I think he's a really good hitter. It's just those k numbers are alarming. He's already sitting and Josh Young is already putting a big power on a team that I think is going to be a playoff contender. So I guess I'm gonna say Josh Young.
Speaker 1: I don't think yeah, yeah, Look, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say Gunnar Henderson. I'll take the other side of this one. I'm gonna give a little bit more time because I like what I saw at a Gunner Henderson last year, good minor league track record. Now I'm a Josh Young guy too, So it's not like in either or I like both of them. But the answer the question, I'm gonna go with the Hendersons side too. I'm just gonna give him a little bit more time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Speaking of a player, We've give him a lot of time too, a lot of time all of us have given many many years.
Speaker 2: Now our lives to Jared Kelnick.
Speaker 1: Jared Kelnick in his first home run the season last night was a big home run too. Jared Kelnick looks pretty good, Welsh.
Speaker 2: Is this it?
Speaker 1: Have we finally gotten the Jared Kelnick that we were promised.
Speaker 2: All these years ago? Is it time with Jared Kelnick?
Speaker 3: I think, I think, I think you went through three different pronunciations of Jared Kellick's name in there. I was face the first one. I was like, did he say Kellennick? And then you'd said Kelnick? Perfect? And then I love it because that's pot Jared Kelnick, that's his, and there's clinic. That's the only one we didn't get well.
Speaker 2: I had a high colinic ones. It cleaned me out completely. It was excellent pitch that he could have used one of those. Let me tell you know that.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing the emptier after me with the high clinic was the was the batting average of Jared Kelnick.
Speaker 3: Jared Kelnick last couple of years. This is the version. This is like the version, But I don't think this is like the superstar version. He's just not I just don't think it's gonna ever be like the big superstar star version. But yeah, version, I mean just saying I also don't think that. But I think he could be a really good player, Like I think he made an awesome diving catch last night. So defensively, he's going to continuously get out there. The bat is starting to fly a little bit. He obviously has you know, really really big home or power, and this is one of those few instances where it's like the spring is carrying over because he did something dramatically different. I think that's the big thing. Everyone's like, oh spring, but everyone's like the spring sucks. But when someone does anything like really dramatically different. Here's a perfect example, Go Carr just did this exactly Joe Adell, Joey Dell hasn't really done anything different. Everything is the same.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be dismissive of what he's doing in the minor leagues because he had six straight games with a homer the.
Speaker 1: Striking number and I've seen him be good at the minor leagues. It's a good pitching he can he so well.
Speaker 3: So that's my point, Like, there's nothing actually changed with jo Adell. There was no like new training regimen. There wasn't really anything, and it's just great, really great results in tripa A. Jared Keelnick did have some big major changes as far as who came into his camp and the approach that he was taking on baseball, and then you're seeing those results. So like, I'm way more interested in Jared what Jared Keelnick is doing, even if it's like a smaller stint in the majors than I am Joe A Dell hitting seven homers in six games in the minors.
Speaker 2: Wonkeye Penguin broke the chat right here. I mean, this is fantastic. A high Kellennick with a good slutter equals Joe's perfectly.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say it. That's what I I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Where that show? Where that show?
Speaker 1: Wankee Penguin, Congratulations, you know you full time for about twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Good job. And there you go. And by the way, if you miss it yesterday, here it is again.
Speaker 1: Look at that. It is San Diego. And and it seems wasn't It wasn't Blake snail pitching. It was some other it was.
Speaker 3: It was like Steve Wilson or something we should be like ammercials like the Slutters. A name suffered from high Kelenick.
Speaker 1: An eighty two mile an hour. That's pretty crazy. Uh oh, fantastic. What a time to be alive. I love this show.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get on some of the injuries. There's a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Adam of all his risk fracture will not require surgery, so that means an earlier return. But Welsh's still unhappy because risk injury is bad same injury, same risk.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 3: This is about as bad as it can get. By the way, I think.
Speaker 2: It's requiring surgery would be worse.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean there might be a level or two more. But it's like also, it could have been like, oh, he's gonna get checked out. We don't know, and it could have been good and it's like, no.
Speaker 2: There's a fracture. That's being a negative Nancy today, Welsh.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with bad? I mean this is good news. I mean it's bad news that it's broken. It's good news that doesn't need surgery or pins and things. Tony Gonsolin unlikely to join the club's rotation till May now, so with the ankle injury, that's taking a little while. Kyle Wright expected to make his return today against the Red so that's exciting stuff.
Speaker 2: There. Will keep an eye on how Kyle Wright does.
Speaker 1: Starring Marte as we told you yesterday, probably wouldn't be in the Lineup's still day to day with that neck issue. Tim Anderson was removed because of some left knee soreness.
Speaker 2: So let's on that.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, way, Tim Anderson was removed from a gameway. He's not gonna play all the games in the season. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Woken up the beast.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Welsh is awake and ready to go. The Rangers put Mitch Garber of the day I L with the left knees brain.
Speaker 2: Eloy in Menez regressed.
Speaker 1: To taking batting practice on Monday, so that's a good thing. He landed on the i L last week with the low grade left hamstring strain. He could come back as early as Friday. I just hope they don't push it, because that's the last thing any of us need, because I feel like this is didn't he come back from a hamstring injury and push it and then get hurt again last year? Like I literally this was. I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day. And Hermon Marquez left with an arm injury last night too, So I don't know if we've got Have we seen an update yet this morning on that on the imaging or I haven't seen anything yet.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't seen anything. They just said like he actually said he doesn't think he's going to make his next start.
Speaker 2: Update on Tim Anderson though, just came over out two to four weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh you should have let me guess. I could have just said any any number of days and it would have looked correct. I am shocked that Tim Anderson is going to miss a month of the season. What is that?
Speaker 2: Hey, fun fact here? You know every single year this happens. It's football. It's not going somewhere else with this.
Speaker 1: You're you're right also, But whenever you go into a season going this position is really stacked.
Speaker 2: This is a really good position, right inevitably becomes the bane of your existence.
Speaker 1: That it's wrong. Like everybody went in going shortstop loaded. You don't need to take this guy. That guy. You could dig this guy later. That guy there, O'Neil Cruz out for four months, so he's basically done. Tim Anderson now out for a month. All you have Carl's Korea dealing with back issues already.
Speaker 2: Dansby's Dansby's all right, right, is he?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think Dan has been playing super well.
Speaker 2: But he has been playing well. But I mean it's the cobs.
Speaker 3: Added to your point real quick, and then you get to do your point. He's hit, But no, Homer, he's been all right.
Speaker 1: Proceed but wander Franco has been good. I'm just saying, like, now we'll back on. It's the same thing every year. It's like, oh, you could wait on shore something. You know what, Take good players when good players show up. That's what the draft is for. Stop overthinking and stop working about positions. Okay, just take good players when good players there.
Speaker 3: Look at Mayor here real quick, by the way, look at Mayor pointing out, Oh, Welsh love. This is one of those hilarious things where it's like, let's make it back to Welsh. Welsh can't have a point. Welsh loves Byron Buckson, so somehow is a problem with Tim Anderson. Also have a problem with Byron Buckson. I didn't take him in the fifty Mayor. You're talking at your ass right now because because you are making it about me making a completely valid, great point, and then you're trying to turn it like, oh, well he likes another guy. You're being stupid. It's ridiculous. Yes, Byron Buckson is in guess what you guys will all do. You will dance and you will throw a party when Byron Buckson gets hurt. Guess what I'm gonna dance and throw a party when Tim Anderson gets hurt because.
Speaker 2: It's what he does too.
Speaker 3: All these talented players that can never play.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're salty today. I like a salty Welsh. Let's ask you a lot. Andrew Heaney passed uh Nolan Ryan in the record books and words that I never thought I would utter on a show ever, most consecutive strikeouts in a single.
Speaker 2: Game, So there you go. That was fun yesterday.
Speaker 1: Ryan had seven on July seventh and nineteen ninety one against the then California Angels. And here's another one. The sweeper, not the slutter, the hottest pitching baseball. And guess what, Shoho Tani is now become the King of the sweeper. So there you go, everybody. The man can do everything. He is the greatest thing ever. Also something for fun that showed up yesterday is a new celebration for the Baltimore Orioles, which if you haven't seen it already, it is the funnel.
Speaker 2: There, it is there, it is it's the funnel. And this is is it Ryan Montcastle? I believe right, because.
Speaker 3: That looks like yeah, I think that's I think yeah.
Speaker 1: So this was Mayor's home run call yesterday. We all know his undying love for Ryan Mountcastle. I believe this picture is on Mike Mayor's vision board. I'm pretty sure I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna be right next to me on his dart board. Yeah, by the way, you said counterpoint Buxton stincts. Let me ask you this, what is the better home run celebration the beer pong, the beer funnel or the samurai hat.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a water funnel. It is not a beer funnel. They're not chugging beers. I don't know why they're chugging water. I mean, I don't know if feel about this. When I saw the samurai helmet, I kind of like that when you know.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, samurai helmet or the beer or the funnel.
Speaker 1: The water funnel is goofy, and you know somebody's gonna choke accidentally and there's gonna be a problem and something like that.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna be out there about two to four weeks every time.
Speaker 1: Every time Ryan moultcastle it's a home run. We're gonna get this picture here, Mike Maher, So there you go. I can make a lot of jokes about this picture. And this is why you have to watch the show. If you just listen, you got to watch on the YouTube channel because you're.
Speaker 2: Missing some really goo good visual humor.
Speaker 3: The lost right after Moultcastle took a slutter four hundred feet.
Speaker 1: So let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about Fanimal. I love live events, but I hate buying tickets the hidden fees they suck. It's like paying for a whole other person who's not even there to be there with you at the event, and customer is terrible, and coordinating with friends is a nightmare. But then I discovered Fanimal and Fannamal has tickets to everything concerts, festivals, football, basketball, you name it, and Major League Baseball. And plus there's no fees. The price you see is actually the price you pay.
Speaker 2: What a concept. You heard it here first.
Speaker 1: Fanimal is the cheapest place on the internet to get MLB tickets. And we've all experienced how painful it is to coordinate going to events with friends, and I always end up fronting a bunch of money and then chasing down the friends to get reimbursed, and if they flake, I'm stuck with the whole bill. But Fnimal's patentent group purchase makes it easy to split payments with your friends, so nobody's left holding the bag and you don't have to commit until your friends do, so just pick the seats, pick how many tickets you want to pay for yourself, and then send the link to your friends. And when you join your group, everyone gets stared separately and your tickets are secured, so you can stack cash by inviting friends ten bucks every time someone joins your group.
Speaker 2: Catching baby.
Speaker 1: So Phantom has amazing customer service to don't take my word for it. Check out their hundreds and hundreds of five star reviews.
Speaker 2: The next time you need.
Speaker 1: Tickets, go to fanimal dot com or download the fanimal app and use the promo code fanimal MLB. That's fanimal MLB for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Check out fanimal and experience more. And now back to the action. All right, let's get to some more baseball here. Three up and three down from last night. Another thing I was horrendously wrong about. I said, Max Munsey's washed. And guess what, he went out and hit two home runs yesterday, So there you go. H one of them was a grand Slam, unbelievable. Zach Gallon great seven innings, struck out eleven. As we talked about the top Alec Bohm three for five with a homer, which in that game on the flip side, I couldn't have been more wrong about Sandy alt contras. So what the hell happened yesterday? Welsh four innings, nine earned ten hits, four k's for Sandy. This is not the Sandy man that we all know and love. I know everybody gets a pass, but geez, this killed my bedding day. I thought this was a locks. Andy's lock every single week he takes the mound.
Speaker 2: This was not it. So blip on the radar or what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a blip on the I mean, like, you know, it's almost almost like turn the question, how many of the elite guys are you actually worried about? After two or three starts? I'd even throw carbon Burns's going tonight against the Diamondbacks. There's been some moresome like vlo stuff with him, But like, are we in a level of panic? You just can't panic. It's blips. There's lots of weird stuff that's going on. You know, I had a logan web in my my trade video and you know, he gave up four. It didn't look good, but I kind of still stay the same. I'm kind of still in on it because I think you know, the strikeouts were there. He had five strikeouts or three innings. So like the panic of a Sandy alto Sandy in a trade video if we have to, if people are going to start selling off. The only problem with him has been the the like there's no elinked K numbers that follow this, so he kind of has like a smaller.
Speaker 1: That was what I was going to say too, is like the K numbers are not even Kakuchi got blown out the other day.
Speaker 2: He had six strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in that game, and even in the really amazing efficient game that al Contra had the shutout the other night, locate numbers in that one too.
Speaker 2: But again I don't I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to crush him for that because I appreciate good pitching and sometimes you don't have to strike everybody out. Mister crazy, he does itting to this Baltimore Oriials thing by ooh.
Speaker 3: The dong bomb.
Speaker 2: That's a dog bomb?
Speaker 3: Is that the name of it?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know, but mister buster, I don't know, we got it. That's that's really good, mister you in the day.
Speaker 3: The only other thing with Sandy I can't fathom sometimes is like you throw like a ninety one mile an hour change up and you can pump ninety eight like with an inside corner with ride. How does he not strike out ten to eleven every single game? I think he just pitches into the zone too much. He doesn't pitch outside the zone a whole lot. He's a contact pitcher and that's why.
Speaker 1: But Phillies lineup that doesn't have Harper, the Phillies line up that doesn't have Hoskins in it.
Speaker 2: So it was a little upsetting. I mean, I was legitimately annoyed.
Speaker 1: You know, I did a double take because I went to go check and see how that game was going, because I had investment in it, and I was like, that can't be nine, Like wait, wait, wait, what am I?
Speaker 2: What's going on? But it was. It was upsetting.
Speaker 1: Ronzie Contreras three innings, seven earned for him, his eras now at eight. And Dylan Coleman, what a night he had last night, six earned runs and two thirds of an inning walk four guys, Well done, mister Coleman, Well well done.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, so let's get to some prize picks here. What do you have on the board?
Speaker 1: And just to remind everybody, if you haven't signed up already for Prize Picks, go do it.
Speaker 2: Use that promo code leading off. It's the sponsor of the show.
Speaker 1: I mean literally, they are putting us out here every single day. So support Prize Picks because they're good people putting up a fun game to play. You get one hundred percent deposit match up to one hundred bucks the first time you sign up.
Speaker 2: You can download the app. It's very easy.
Speaker 1: You can just go to prize picks dot com or you know, make sure this you check and see what you have available in your state. I know there's lots of rules, but it's fun. It's a good time. We're winning money. But don't forget use the promo code leading off when you do Welsh. What do you have for prize Picks today?
Speaker 3: Well, you know'd be a fun idea too. We should do like in we should do a one month time. We should do like the home Run Leaderboard, but of five run prize picks and see who can hit the most five player prize picks in the month of whatever. It doesn't matter the cash you put into it, by the way, but whoever can hit the most five player prize picks in the month of May or something that might be a little fun a home run leader board, and I mean we get maybe prize picks can give away some money to someone's account or something. I don't know, just thinking out loud here, all right, prize picks yesterday, by the way, did not hit, but boy I smashed that. Matt Strom did first anyone which on.
Speaker 1: The other side of that, Al Contra think the only the only saving grace of that misery that I was in was your Strom call, which you absolutely just nailed.
Speaker 2: Man, if you know what that kid since the Padre days, like I was like Matt Strom.
Speaker 3: G former reliever. I watched him in the first game when I hit that one. I wanted to hit that prize pick yesterday so bad just because of that. I wanted that to be a big win. Brian Reynolds sold the bag, so that didn't happen. So today I'm gonna go with Aaron Judge Fantasy score eight and a half and I've got a two strikeout one which I'm actually going to be part of my bets here. I'm not into gear at Whitlock today. I don't particularly like him to be able to stack up a bunch of strikeouts, and I'm going with Whitlock under strikeouts, and I'm going with another under strikeouts, and I'm going at Kyle Wright, it's going to be under six strikeouts. So Kyle Right, why is.
Speaker 2: That that the innings of both of them? You're just concerned to have enough pitch count to get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean I can talk about it now because I was also going to talk about it in the bets, but I think you've got a pitchcount situation. Also, Velo was down in his starts. There has been some weird gun issues as far as like what they're able to track, but Slider was down three miles per hour in the last rehab start, almost two miles per hour on the fastball. Sinker was also a mile and a half hour down, a mile and a half per hour down. So just overall, I don't like the prospects of him being able to go deep into the game and throw a whole bunch of strikes. So I like both of those down. So Whitlock right under strikeouts Aaron Judge over Fantasy Score, that's my price pick today.
Speaker 2: I love that we have literally hundreds of people watching this show lot every day. This makes me very happy. I just want to say I appreciate all of you. This is great.
Speaker 1: We're talking baseball, hanging out, having fun, and mister Buster, I'm still gonna tell you if I heard it from you, he's giving us a disclaimer. He said, I didn't name it that, Kyle Gibson said it. Quote isn't end quote called that. They're calling it the Homer hose or something like that in Baltimore. I don't care, mister Buster. Kyle Gibson has gotten paid way too much in his career in terms of money for what he's delivered.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it to you. This is your w I don't care.
Speaker 1: Dong Bong is hilarious again, you know, Mike. There's so many jokes about Mike Mayor the dongbong and Ryan Malcastle, and I'm not gonna make any of them. I'm just gonna say that there's lots of those jokes to be made.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you also, I have a brand new idea for something in the Fantasy pros Merch Store and it might have to do with Lord.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to my prize bigs here for any of us get shut down. Garrett Cole seven pitcher strikeouts today, I'm gonna go with the over against Cleveland on that one. He's been fantastic. Now you have a load numb here for Gordon Burns Welsh against Arizona today the five and a half. I'm going to go with the over here and hope did we get the Corbyn Burns get right start, let's go and then Boba Schette against Detroit one and a half total bases. I'm keeping it simple today because yesterday I thought I was locked in, So today I just got starting to get the narrow focus, starting to make Robert de Niro face a little bit, narrow focus, a little bit, not too much, not too much, stick to what you know. All right, let's get to the next thing here on the board. Here we have the MLB bets. I was just born with this my grandfather. It's so so much like Robert de Niro.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, it's so it blows my mind because like I have, I'm not an impression person, but I have like the ones that I do, I do phenomenally, Yeah you do, but your Robert de Niro is scary.
Speaker 1: It's the face I was just born with this face. So when I crumple it up and make Robert de Niro face, this is uh kind of what happened. I could do an entire episode this way. You know, it's more Robert de Niro at this point because I'm bald, like cape, fearish, scary Robert de Niro probably, but you know what again, heat not not so much heat cool looking Robert Denner, although maybe I just keep to go tea tomorrow and I wear some sunglasses and you do like cool Robert de Niro.
Speaker 3: From remember when I were sunglasses last year right around this time too. Remember I had to do the whole episode.
Speaker 2: With the what Happened you cataract?
Speaker 3: I got that.
Speaker 2: I remember super.
Speaker 3: Sick and I couldn't like that's right in my eyes, and I was like, I don't know if I can do the show. And You're like, well, just buckle up. So I'm like, alrighty, this show.
Speaker 2: I did the show when I had COVID. I had all kinds of different issues.
Speaker 1: I will if I'm not on the show because I think like I'm on vacation or I'm on the show.
Speaker 2: That's it. I'm not on the show where I have a day off because my kids have something going on. That's it. I'm on the show. I'm here.
Speaker 1: I don't care if I got a fever. I don't care if I'm sick and fluid, doesn't matter. There's yeah, the gamer show up at go time. All right, Welsh, let's talk about the bets of the day. You've already kind of touched on some of these things with Kyle Wright, so let's let's continue to push on there, and then you don't got a little money line as well for us today a little party.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I'm kind of struggling with a lot of the like straight line bets. I don't suggest you do lots of like parlays and stuff like that. The only benefit is if I hit one of them, it can kind of pay for the others I dig into sometimes. So as far as straight line goes, I do think I'm leaning a little bit towards that Tampa Bay one and a half with Shame McClanahan, which pays one thirty five. My only straight line so far. It's not a good juiced play. It's two juiced up and it's why I'm putting two units on it. And it is that Kyle Wright under and I actually get it at six and a half, so under six and a half strikeouts. I don't like Coyle Right's gonna have seven, even though it's a you know, it's a good matchup. It's Mike minus one sixty, so I put two units on it to try to get paid back. That's one of my favorites. I'm also streaming a Kyle right Under strikeout and Shae McClanahan over, which is five and a half. Sha McClanahan is like minus one seventy five solo. But I put those two together. It's my other two bets in here. I love these. I put these down last night, Toronto and Tampa Bay money line. I played both of those on the play. It's plus one twelve and this is my favorite one. A hits parlay Wander Franco and ADLEI Ritchman. Just to get one hit pays plus one ten, so I love that one.
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, don't forget everybody.
Speaker 1: We do have the betting group that's out there, bettingpros dot Com Slash Leading Off, So download the Betting Pros app, go join the group. Bettingpros dot Com Slash Leading Off. It's a really easy thing to remember, and you could track your bets and you don't even have to put money on it. You're just tracking your bets and making picks and having fun with us and hanging out betting pros dot Com slash leading off.
Speaker 3: That's the place to do it.
Speaker 2: So go ahead and check that out out.
Speaker 3: And I would also point out if like I don't always have my stuff set, if I have another bet or two, I will put it on later. So if you care and you wanted to track sing with Joe and everything, we might have bets that come like after the show, and the only place that those are going to be visual are going to be on the Betting Pros group.
Speaker 1: So because I was so bad yesterday, and I'd been pretty good lead up until then, but I was so bad yesterday. I told my I told cousin Donnie here, a friend of the show. I was like, you should just make a bet and call today, like I'm just gonna pass it off to you and whatever it is, no matter how crazy it is, I will I will put money on it today because I just sometimes you just need to break the curse a little bit.
Speaker 2: So that's how bad it was. It was also a question I saw in the chat.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I can't find where it is right now, but should we run it back today with Otawi? Uh?
Speaker 2: And Trout? Trout was so bad last night? How was Trout over five with three strikeouts against Patrick Corbin? My face wanted to mind me off? What the hell was that?
Speaker 3: I had a money line play Houston and the Angels against Patrick Corbin. Joe think of me? They were up, and I mean they blew that game that killed me. That was brutal. And Trout. Trout's really been brutal on the back half of game so far this year. Just a side note, he is absolutely cheating on secondary stuff because the amount of times I seen him this year get blown away by like a ninety eight mile an hour ninety six mon our fastball is crazy. He's just looking all off speed stuff to try to cheat.
Speaker 1: Here you go, here's here's Donnie C's bet Tiger's over Jay's big upset today over Alcoa.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: So okay, man of.
Speaker 1: My word, We'll see how it pays off. But yeah, like that, that was the pinnacle of how bad When Sandy al Contra gets lit up for nine earned runs and Mike Trout goes over five with three k's against Patrick Corbyn. That's how you know it's just not your day, Like it's just you just go to sleep holding yourself crying in like some sort of swaddling clothes.
Speaker 2: Like that's that's what you do, all right?
Speaker 1: For me today, I got a four leg parlay ready for this look get back on track. Yankees, Garrett Cole, money Line, Houston Astros, Christian Haavier against the Pirates, money Line Toronto Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: I have in here which makes me terrified now because Donnie picked it. So now I'm going to go to the other side just to make my money back a hedge a little bit.
Speaker 1: And then the Angels with Joey Altani on the mound against the Washington Nationals. You put that all together, you get a nice plus three twenty nine over on FanDuel.
Speaker 2: Go do it.
Speaker 1: A couple of other individual things Pete Alonzo and the over today going against the lefty Ryan Weathers one and a half total bases.
Speaker 2: You can get that at bet MGM.
Speaker 1: You can also get Corbyn Burns in the five and a half, which I picked at Prize Picks. The over I'm gonna try to show some faith here in Corbyn Burns Grayson Rodriguez four and a half strikeouts. I think this is a low number. It's still the juice is pretty solid here bet MGM minus one forty five. But you can probably pair it with something else.
Speaker 3: I kept staring at this one too. I kept staring at that one. It's a big one too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get to some dfs today. Look some big arms on the mounted. It's another one of those days where a lot of number ones are pitching. You can eliminate the six o'clock games and just play the later slate and get rid of some of that. But christianavier A ten k on FanDuel Grayson Rodriguez at nine against a good matchup for Rodriguez here, I think you can give you a good return also on DK's a nice secondary pitcher option today, Shane McClanahan ten point four. Just keep riding it until it breaks, man, That's what it is. Showyotani at ten point eight stack. You can get some value with Houston here. By the way, Jordan Alvarez, my goodness, what was he fifteen rbready or something? Insurd I heard that this morning unbelievable start to the season for him, But there's value with Houston in the middle of that order and the lesser part. Also value with Baltimore today and Toronto against Detroit. Some value also Jared Kellnick two point four, k Jose Miranda two point five, and Sean Murphy, who had a big night last night finally broke out two point four, which brings us to Dada, everybody's favorite part in the show. It's the home run board. There you go, let's look at it. Boom Prime Time.
Speaker 2: Up at the top, still at six, Houston, three, one, four, at five. We got a lot of people tied at five.
Speaker 1: I'm still stuck on one, so I need to get off the schneid here, So I'm gonna go with Pete A.
Speaker 2: Lonzo off the lefty against it kind of.
Speaker 1: I'm tying everything in today, Welsh, who is your home run call for Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Taco too, I'm gonna play it in Colorado. I've been picking Goldie a whole lot that hasn't been working, so he'll probably hit one tonight. I'm gonna go Nolan Derenado, who's seen a little bit of Kyle Freeland playing together under the USA WBC little five hundred BVP record. But give me Nolan Aeronado today in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Here you go. I like how it rhymes there. That's fun. Dalton varshow is Mike Mayer's pick?
Speaker 1: If you want to make a pick again, go to Fantasypros dot com slash chat, join our discord and you are able to go ahead and see all the amazing channels there. If your premium again, Fancypros dot com slash Premium is the place to sign up. If you want to take a shot at free premium upgrade for a year, drop a comment below, But you have to be a subscriber on the show.
Speaker 2: We just hit twelve point six k last night.
Speaker 1: When we get to fifteen thousand, I will wear a wig for the entire show of Welsh's choosing, So continue to subscribe. Welsh's trade video just dropped, and also we've got my waiver wire video go to record tomorrow to drop on Thursday. To help you through, We're here full service every single day doing leading off here on fancay ros MLB, So subscribe to the YouTube channel. Welsh great to hang out with you today. Talks to baseball. Hope everybody has a great day. Enjoy the baseball games this even you got some great pictures on the mound. We got Cole, we got to Gram, we got Shoe hel Tani. Tomorrow should be fire. Make sure you join us at twelve thirty pm Eastern for another episode of Leading Offline, brought to you by Prize Picks. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p Well, see us soon, kids.
Speaker 3: Bye, love you, Mayor