Speaker 1: This is he said a Yadiho with Eric Winter and Rodlin Fantaz. All Right, welcome back to our first episode of the new year, and probably not the episode we thought we'd be recording.
Speaker 2: I know, happy twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Everybody happy twenty twenty five, unless you are in Los Angeles right now, which is been very unique. You know. First off, I want to say a big thank you out the gate to the firefighters, first responders, police officers who are doing such amazing work fighting the fires, basically controlling the looting, the arson, the vandalism, trying to do the best they can given the circumstances. It's been almost like a warzone in Los Angeles area. It feels like, oh my goad, and it's such a weird. I mean, I'm from here. I've never seen anything like this in my life, to be honest to this degree. I mean, there's always forest fires, and there's always fires, but nothing like cities and towns in Los Angeles being wiped off the map. Essentially.
Speaker 2: It's pretty scary, guys. Not last night, the night before, we had a bit of a scare because there was one fire that just started out of nowhere. We believe it was arson, but we're like, you know what, we see the fires from our house, but it's pretty far away. I think we're safe. We're saved until you get a notification that there's actually a fire very close to your place. And the whole packing like, let's just get our volluyballs and we packed both cars.
Speaker 1: Two miles on each side of us. There was a house fire which was I believe definitely arson. Didn't make any sense, and there was a big running canyon fire, Hollywood Hills fire they called it, which was about two miles from us, and we were we were probably half a mile from the mandatory evacuation site, maybe three quarters of a mile, yeah, from it being required and.
Speaker 2: Explaining to the kids what's going on. Dyla was so worried and he stresses very easily, so it was kind of like we're packing, but we're trying to keep it like like a very neutral face so they don't think that this is alarming. And it was kind of like a whole.
Speaker 1: Was like a drill. I said, guys, we're just preparing.
Speaker 2: It's like a drill.
Speaker 1: Was like, let's go, let's go, now, let's go. And I said, we're gonna be okay, I promise you.
Speaker 2: So it was scary, like we were not gonna We're not gonna be able to sleep because we have to be mindful if we do have to evacuate, we have to be ready. But all the cars were packed, we were ready to go. We were just watching the news.
Speaker 1: Waiting, wait, and I said, you go to bed rest because we are gonna need it in the morning if we have to take off of the night. So I tried to stay up till about it was almost one. I finally realized we were okay, and we both got some sleep.
Speaker 2: It's scary, guys. We have friends that had to live in the Palace Eats and had to Altadena and had to evacuate, people that have lost their homes, and people trying to get their pets but they couldn't get their pets, so they lost their pets in the in the fire. There's like, what six casualties. It's pretty insane. I don't understand. There's twenty twenty five between the drones and the freezing temperature and the fires. It's like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Speaking of the drones, the thing you asked me about yesterday was yes one of the air drop planes. Was struck by a drone, a civilian drone.
Speaker 2: A civilian drone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody's flying because drones have a restricted air space. They can only go in certain areas, and so somebody basically hacked the drone to allow it to fly in a restricted space. So you because the drone won't let you automatically if it's a professional, like a big drone, and they hacked it, I guess, to allow it to fly wherever they wanted. And they were flying over the Palisades and struck one of the air drop airplanes and I don't know how much damage it really did, but it clearly grounded the airplane.
Speaker 2: Can they track who was.
Speaker 1: Find the drone? I don't know. I don't know how that works.
Speaker 2: Would that person go to jail?
Speaker 1: You'll be fined or something. Something will go down for sure because it's illegal.
Speaker 2: What I know, you're like talking about politics, But what do you feel? What are your thoughts regarding what everybody's talking about? Which is newsome? And what the ladies knew? What is the name of the maid? Karen Bass, I'm saying that this was all negligence that people for years have been talking about. You have to clean up the bushes and you have to do all these due diligence to be able to avoid situations like this. Well, do you think that there's responsibility that is going to be landed on their shoulders or do you think that this is just unlucky.
Speaker 1: No, I think there's definitely going to be responsibility that lands on their shoulder, because there are reports of firefighters saying, you know, months ago, if not years ago, that this is inevitably could be something that would happen given how shorthanded the fire department is covering so much ground. These areas are not well taken care of as far as like preventive from preventative for brush fires. I think there's probably gonna be some sort of backlash for sure. Obviously it's not all their fault, but if you're understaffed as a department for such a large area, yeah, I think you're gonna take some heat on the way that's going down. And by the way, let's add a big thank you please to all of our friends, all of our fans, supporters. People have checked on us left and right. I mean we've been getting checked on by everybody, and we appreciate you. Obviously, we aren't in as bad of a situation as many many others. We came close, but we just want to thank everybody for this. We appreciate thoughts and prayers and if you can support, continue to try to support all the causes that are out there. There are a bunch of different ones. We donated a bunch of stuff yesterday. We cleaned out like both of our closets and doing.
Speaker 2: Fifteen bags are more like because we're trapped and the air quality is so poor, is so bad, and the kids have no school and no tennis and no soccer, so we're basically we need to stay stay put. So we're like, okay, what do we do? What do we do so we can help? So let's just clean closets. And I was amazed at the amount of stuff that I had that I don't use for years, and it was bad and bags and bags. So our school, the kids school, they started like that a donation center. So Eric went over with the kids and it was what fifteen.
Speaker 1: I rid of a lot of stuff, which was great, you know, I mean stuff that some of the stuff that's even like fairly new that we just never used.
Speaker 2: Things with the hanging anytime, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Can beat a situation like that. Yeah, I mean people can get stuff. I mean, like I said, and it's no joke. We experienced not a fire, but something similar where we lost everything and it is a very very weird feeling. You know. Ours wasn't a fire, but we had a big We had a ceiling collapse. This is probably eight years ago, eight and a half years ago, a ceiling collapse in one of our house, in our house, and it was exposed to asbestos and all these things. They basically the insurance company came in and said everything, imagine, it's all caught fire. You can't take anything, and if you do, you have to sign a way that you cannot sue for mesothelioma twenty years down the road with the insurance company. So we had to literally look at all our belongings and walk away, and he gave us a check on the spot to say here's like I was like ten grand to go get started, and we had to wait for the insurance claim to settle and we had to go buy everything. So these people I can't even imagine, you know, because it's not just ours was a singular claim. Like I was talking about that before insurances will cover. Now there was that weird story. We'll talk about that in a second. Insurances will cover some of this, right, But there are so many claims that are going to be filed that the amount of time for any of these people to settle to get any kind of money is going to be absurd. So whatever you have in your bank is all you're going to be able to use to pick yourself back up. Whereas in our case it was a singular event, we were able to get an insurance.
Speaker 2: Well, well, just for a whole clip. They're like throwing shade to State Farm because I think a couple of months ago State Farm released I guess I don't know how you say that. Technically they basically stopped the fire coverage for sixty something houses in Pacific policies, specifically using as an argument that it was a high risk because of the the trees and the brushes and da da dada. So it's almost like they knew something like this was able to happen. So now I saw this woman, she's a nurse, and she went on camera aund the news saying, my parents are ninety one years old. They have lived here for sixty something years and We just realized today that they were dropped a couple of weeks ago, so they have no fire coverage. Like, how is that possible that you pay insurance for fifty something years and then when they hits the fan, you actually have absolutely no argument because they dropped you. Like, how do you explain things like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't even It.
Speaker 2: Goes back to the tragedy that happened with the United Healthcare and that kid that is getting a lot of attention.
Speaker 1: A lot of issues with insurance companies the way they handle things. Obviously, I don't I haven't followed I know the story you're talking about. I haven't followed it super closely to know all the details inside and out. So I don't want to speak out of turn. But it's tricky. It's horrible. Again, I can't even imagine. I know the I wouldn't say fear we felt because we were never in the immediate evacuation.
Speaker 2: Second we're packing, We're like, oh my god, what if this happened.
Speaker 1: There was a moment real but yeah, but there was no like some people in the palaces, as I mean the fire, imagine that the fire just erupted on your block and you just had minutes to grab things and get No. I mean you would in theory, but how big it was. There was one video of a guy and I still like unclear about this video, but you see this guy was in the house and like supposedly the fire came up so fast they were surrounded in the full flames in the front. But there were some people saying it was like these are like why didn't they leave the house? Why were they still in there filming it? You know, why were they.
Speaker 2: Still filming it?
Speaker 1: If you're grabbing things now, if you're if you need to get out of the last thing you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: It because you're thinking, no, that's not true, because you still think that there's.
Speaker 1: A way out, not if there's a fire surrounding my home like at them. I mean, we don't know. I don't know all the specifics. I just know there is If that happened, it'd be chaos.
Speaker 2: Do you think this whole thing is is biblical? Like do you think that everything that is going on, to the extreme that is going on, it's actually written in the Bible, Like it's is the end of times near?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I can't go. Am I going to get into that right now.
Speaker 2: Why not, because that's it's a very it's crucial. It's not a speculation, it's written.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But do I think that at the end of the world is near? No, I do not think the end of the.
Speaker 2: World is I think we have seven years?
Speaker 1: No, are you talking about this is not? No? No, No, I don't. I don't think that at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't remember there are some prophecies.
Speaker 1: I can't even go down that path. At the end of the day, it you know, these things happen to this extreme. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I hope not. But it's just I don't know. I'm talking to some people and I realize it's very easy.
Speaker 1: You're in this position to speculate and freak out and create a negative out of the whole situation. And the reality is it's horrible.
Speaker 2: So what is a positive?
Speaker 1: Not going to live in fear that something is that the world's ending? And that's crazy about being prepared anything. What do you be prepared for? If the world's anything, it's ending, nothing to be prepared for. If it's not, then you're gonna You're gonna live out your life the best you can. But this is going way off topic to the stuff that we get so uncomfortable. What is about the spirituality and not about spirituality, it's just the topic we're we're discussing right now. It's kind of weird to branch off into something that speculative. It can if you want to dive into that whole side of things and make an experience about that, for sure, but I don't think that's the space we're in, you know what I mean, Like, this is like real, this is in front of us. People have lost everything and it's it's tough.
Speaker 2: And I'm not discredited.
Speaker 1: Seven years the plants, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, that was a little level that extreme. This is just what I'm hearing from a lot of people that who really follow out people and study the Bible. A lot of people are Christians and pastors and even family members saying, you know, what what's happening is is supernatural and we have to be ready. I'm not saying I believe it. I'm not going to live in fear, you know, I want to see my kids grow and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not even going to think about it past this moment, Like that's a reality. I can't imagine you're even going to ponder what these people are talking about, probably on social media, which is another thing that is awful when you think about it, like there's so many news stories going across social media that you can't vet, you know, just for people's opinions, to stir the pot to get people riled up, to get your mind racing. I have listened. It's not just you. There's people at my work that are talking the same kind of stuff like are you ready? Do you have a doomsday bag? Do you have everything?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: It's not just you, you know, the first time I've heard it. I mean theose are people at my job talking about it on set? Actors, you know what I mean, like going, hey, you have your bag? Are you packed? Do you know what you're gonna do? Like a full panic room bag? And I'm like, I don't think we need a trip that far. But if I'm ready to evacuate my home, I'll find out where I'm going to go. But I don't think it's going beyond anything major. But so you're not the first time, this is the first time someone's brought that up as a as a discussion topic. It was a huge topic.
Speaker 2: At work, So you shouldn't be so shocked that I'm bringing out.
Speaker 1: I'm not shocked. I just don't have anywhere to go with it.
Speaker 2: So maybe you should find a path.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about it, like I don't think that way. At work, I was like, I'm not going to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should do an episode and bringing an expert that maybe will guide us and guide people.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know they're going to guide. It's an opinion. It's reading the future. It's like bringing a psychic in and saying, Okay, you might have a heart attack next week, so you're going to be freaked out the whole week about your heart attack.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying there are people that they studied theology and they study the Bible, actually correct and they will tell you listen, according to the scripture. This is it's it's textbook. You know, it's it's we're going that way again. It doesn't mean that it's going to be seven years, a trillion years.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the signs.
Speaker 2: Are getting to an end?
Speaker 1: Do you remember why two k everybody thought the end of the world was white? Two K.
Speaker 2: I don't know who thought that everybody it was everybody was a big celebration.
Speaker 1: No white two k there was a whole thing going on, just like you're talking that this is the end of the world. Everything's going to stop. It's the it is to be the end of everything based on biblical predictions. So you everybody just skated onto the year two thousand.
Speaker 2: So you don't think nowadays, twenty twenty four, what century are we on? Twenty first century? The twenty first century, you don't think that the Antichrist is actually alive, but there's a human being passing as I mean, there's the Antichrist passing as a human being, that there's actually flesh. He's in flesh.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you're going You're going deep. And this is because you sit there and watch so many clips, like your news feed is TikTok. I literally watch you in the bathroom getting ready in the to the point that she's in the shower with her phone propped up listening to somebody talk on TikTok. Like there, it's very interesting, but you don't know who they are. If you're gonna follow.
Speaker 2: A lot of them, A lot of them, I know who they are. Very few I get feeds, but I have I do like follow, like following, I listen to people that I actually follow. So if I follow you is because I believe you have credibility.
Speaker 1: Research on their backstories of who they are and what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to mention names, but they're people that are media people that they're pretty well known. I'm not just listening to some girls shaking her booty saying.
Speaker 1: I think he.
Speaker 2: Was talking about people that are reporters and people that have podcasters and people that are amazing successful entrepreneurs.
Speaker 1: There are some great podcasters and people have opinions.
Speaker 2: Just like to listen to everything. Joe Rogan says. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't say that I don't. I'm not trying to say that I agree, believe, or will follow everything he says. But I think he's a very very credible mind.
Speaker 1: He's a credible opinion. Yeah, I think he's an opinion. I would say credible. He's an interesting opinion for sure.
Speaker 2: No, it's pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: He has he has experts on that can be credible. Joe Rogan is not an expert in any of this. He just has great experts on and he has very good he has very interesting opinions.
Speaker 2: So if I if he's bringing people that have the credibility, the studies right into his podcast, why do I Why am I going to think that he's all rubbish?
Speaker 1: Well, some of them, like I said, you could take with a grain of salt. But other other people I've still seen others that on your podcast. Well I don't know who they are, Like they're just but you don't know them, but I do. But how much research have you done on them? That's just the hard about anything. When you're talking about social media and news and these feeds its opinions, it's very tough to worry about a lot of it. I don't know. I don't go down the path of thinking about that far ahead. I just don't interesting to speculate and think. But I don't base my decisions on it.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I don't do that either. But I like to be informed.
Speaker 1: But what does an information do to you?
Speaker 2: It makes you evaluate where you are in life and just to plant and maybe get closer to God and be like, you know what, if this is true, there's any validity to these to this, let me make sure that my spirituality is on point.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that goes with anything I think when our nephew passed away. It makes you reevaluate everything in life. It makes you reevaluate your time with family, It makes you reevaluate what the afterlife is. It makes you reevaluate how God is in your life. You know what I mean. There's a lot of stuff that when tragedy strikes, you re evaluate very quickly. That's the reality. Am I am? I right or wrong? Any tragedy strengths. A plane crashes and you're like, oh my god, what if I was on that plane.
Speaker 2: That's another thing that is happening, guys, all these planes having all kinds of issues, like back to back. I just feel like there's a lot of things happening simultaneously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make a lot of sense other than there's some spiritual happening.
Speaker 1: It's extreme, I can tell you. You know, like what we're witnessing here is not normal. And listen. Then it's just like, what makes me so freaking annoyed is that as soon as crap happens, all the lunatics come out and just start causing more problems, you know, setting more fires just because robbing, taking advantage of bad situations. It's just like humanity can be so awful.
Speaker 2: It's so incredible at time, which is what we're witnessing now. You know, we have all these people like opening shelters and there's so much help and people like basically it's overwhelming. Then or even complicity with the neighbors helping each other, you know, it's amazing. But then you have the lunatics trying to take advantage of setting up fires and stealing. Like this is when you go human beings is a trip man like God created those and you have you can either turn, turn left or turn right.
Speaker 1: We had that happened by our house where there was like a report on one of the apps of masked men setting fire at a certain address. So I jumped in my car. I was like, I'm gonna go find out if this is real, if people are out there, if there's a fire right by us. Other neighbors were out with sticks and fire extinguishers, and they were like ready to fight, ready to cause problems. Like people were like, we're going to protect our neighborhood at all costs. Like I was. I couldn't believe I was. There was dudes on motorcycles and I was like, who are those guys, what are they doing? And then the guy was like, oh, they're actually cops. I'm like, there weren't on motorcycle cops. They were like on dirt bikes, which was weird. But he walked by them in a full conversation with them and there was no fire however, so I believed him. But it was so weird to be driving around the corner and like seeing neighbors out and everybody's ready to take charge of the neighborhood and protect it all that. It's amazing, but I never thought i'd be witnessing that. It felt weird. It felt very like, I said, Armageddon, like you know, walking dead, Like you're walking around going to we're gonna be the last viers in this neighborhood. It was bizarre.
Speaker 2: I just want this whole thing to just stop already. It's it's such an uncomfortable way of living. You know, when you're home and you see that people are losing homes and they're suffering, and you see the from our backyard, we see the fires. It's kind of like it's surreal, and I feel so bad for the kids.
Speaker 1: You went outside and this, she felt.
Speaker 2: It feels like I'm telling you it feels weird. It's funny because yesterday I was with Sabelle in bed and we're watching the news and I said, Sebbie, you know, I'm so sorry mummy that that you're only thirteen years old and she has lived through COVID and Ukraine Russia War and now this unbelievably devastating fires. I'm going and she's only thirteen years old. He said this lifetime, that she that her soul has speaked it to exist. It is pretty tragic.
Speaker 1: But I'll go back to my chesthood and living through the North rich earthquake, which was massive and destruction was big. And you go through these certain other tragedies. You've been through Hurricane Big, big natural disasters wiping out Puerto Rico. You've been through these natural disasters. Would been through these words even as kids. As adults, you've been through them as well.
Speaker 2: Right now, it feels so high and Hugo.
Speaker 1: And you were growing up as a kid and portions of the island completely wiped out, people losing everything, homes, everything.
Speaker 2: Now, but I didn't live through up.
Speaker 1: Pandemic, nobody that nobody had, But I mean natural disasters. You've lived here as a kid, and you've seen people lose everything and people die. Yeah, you know what I mean, and you overcome it. It shapes you.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that it happens in every generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want my kids to go through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's impossible. It's impossible. Think about all the kids that went through Maria in Puerto Rico, the worst part of the worst hurricane ever to hit that that country and destroyed like everything, and people, like I said, people displaced, lost everything. Same, you're still trying to same scenario. That's an entire country, you know what I mean. So it's like when it strikes in your backyard. It's definitely hits you know, that much harder, without question. But they're going on everywhere and you're seeing it left, you know, you see it left and right.
Speaker 2: This episode was a.
Speaker 1: Downer for sure, all over the place.
Speaker 2: I know. Sorry, guys, we want to make you laugh and we want to talk about fun things, and there's so much juiciness happening at the same time with pop culture, and but it's just.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it another time.
Speaker 2: I know. It's hard for us to talk about things that are so ridiculous and not important when we have people so close to us going through life changing, live changing events. Thank here firefighters listening.
Speaker 1: If you want to help, you can support Red Cross disaster relief with the donation. You can visit Redcross dot org, called one eight hundred red Cross, or text the word red Cross to nine zero nine nine nine to make a ten dollars donation. Anything, anything can help. So just you know, remember that you don't know, there's not an amount or not a thing. Just if you want to help help, All right, all wish everybody the best out there and stay safe.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ben, I love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 2: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check us out at he said ajor s is that email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com. He said, ab is part of iHeartRadio's Mike Will Do That podcast network.
Speaker 1: See you next time. Bye,