Speaker 1: Come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Today's episode of the Heat Check. We've got the co hosts of d lo at Casey. You can find them Monday through Friday, twelve to four Pacific time on ESPN thirteen twenty. You can also get them on the out of Sea app on YouTube. You can find them as well. Kenny's Instagram or Twitter follower handle excuse me at imk Diddy funny little handle, so you can find Damien at at Damien with an e Damien Barling, you can.
Speaker 3: Find him and Twitter as well.
Speaker 2: You guys are my my Kings insiders, probably like one of the few guys on the what you would call like the radio beats, Like you talk to the guys on what is the nine eighty or whatever it is?
Speaker 3: Was it nine to twenty?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about? The San Francisco station ninety five to seven. They are delusional, absolutely delusial.
Speaker 3: All the time. What is it like that they've got like the sports bar wherever it is? I forget what they're thinking.
Speaker 1: Those are my guys, shout out Jones.
Speaker 2: They love them, They're phenomenal, but they are absolutely delusional. They think Wiseman is the next like great despite him having setback AF. They're setback AF, they're setback, like they and listen, Kaminga is really good and he could end up being something. But like they always overestimate what's happening in Golden State Land. You guys, You guys trend probably more realist to pessimists, which I love because I at least feel like I know the truth of what is the out outlying situation of the team. And now we've got a million trades. You guys have.
Speaker 3: Marvin Bagley's gone boom. That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Buddy Heel's gone. That's a good thing. Tristan Thompson's gone boom. That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: T T's gone. You got Dante in. That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: White Dante.
Speaker 3: Kyry's Celibrt gone.
Speaker 2: That's a big bad thing, I would say, Dante Devincenzo in I think probably trending very good thing as well. So State of the Kings, get your feelings out. Tyree's Haliburton. We talked about this before our technical issues started to ensue. But like the player's tribute article was a mess. I'm sad, you guys, are you know, crying in the club? Tell me kind of about the range of emotions that you guys are feeling right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think one of the best things that happened for the Kings was, you know, you get it. You lose Tyree'ston, You're getting to Monsa Sabonis And I think you know, you talk about delusional fan bases or delusional radio show. Yeah, Like, I think that's all fan bases to a certain degree.
Speaker 4: Like you overvalue your players.
Speaker 5: And Caliburton was one season away from being a Hall of Famer here in Sacramento, like this fan base loved that dude. He could do no wrong. As Kenny says, he had one hundred percent approval rating when exiting office. And the best thing that happened to the Kings is first two games out the gate, they won.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, no, Tyres was cool.
Speaker 5: Thing different here, and I think that was the most important part in those first two games. When de monts Moons, or I should say the first two games when de Montsa Sabonis and that crew from Indiana played, the basketball looked a little bit different. You saw talent on the floor spread out. It wasn't just in the backcourt. The two best players on the Sacramento Kings prior to Tyrese Haliburton's or in the backcourt. And then in comes de Monta Sabonis and all of a sudden, the wealth is spread out through the floor a little bit, and you saw a different style of basketball.
Speaker 6: And the interesting thing about Tyre's Halliburn, and they mean, tell me if I'm off with this, is you know, they loved Tyrese Halliburn, loved tyr They still love him to this day, obviously, but they loved him because he was a.
Speaker 1: Good ballplayer and he loved us, right like that is the thing.
Speaker 6: Now, I say it's interesting because while everybody here thought he was a really good ball player and they loved and they thought he was good, I don't think anybody thought of him the way the national media has portrayed him since he left Incremental, Right, you you would think that they just traded Magic Johnson.
Speaker 1: I just don't trade a player like that. I don't get it. What is it?
Speaker 3: The league should have stepped in?
Speaker 2: This is a Chris Paul to the Lake type trade.
Speaker 4: Adam, You know, right, David Stern would have never.
Speaker 1: We loved the guy.
Speaker 6: But we were sitting here here and stuff afterwards, like, hey, did we not watch him.
Speaker 1: Did we watch a different diaries Alibert and the rest of the league because he's a good ballplayer.
Speaker 6: But I don't know, the outrage across national media in the league was a little excessive.
Speaker 4: And we traded twenty ten Lebron James the other day.
Speaker 6: Apparently that's what it was, you know what I mean. But the like Damien said, the first two games Sabonas comes in, they won.
Speaker 1: And then there's this other little sneaky thing.
Speaker 6: Around here about in Sacramento about the early two thousands style of basketball, and Sabonas came in as a big man passing the ball around, and it was whipping around the perimeter and everybody was getting involved. They had like thirty plus assists in both games, and it triggered an emotion for us.
Speaker 1: Of the early two thousands. She's like, that's like Vody, that's like Weber.
Speaker 6: And then all of a sudden, he just loves the bonus and everything he brings now, so.
Speaker 1: It's actually it's actually a lot.
Speaker 6: More fun times right now than it was maybe a week and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Out here. People are kind of excited.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Do you think that, uh, the emotional response would have been the same if it would have been Foxy that ended up getting traded instead of Alley.
Speaker 6: No, no, well there's a segment, there is a segment that would be just as upset. But fox after well, he's not the new shiny toy number one, number two.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: He had a slow start to the year. He had some bad body language. He frustrated a lot of people. He doesn't have the one hundred percent approval rating. That and the money you're on a hundred percent of right name and you don't have the one hundred percent approval rating that Tyres had. His approval rating is probably I don't want to jump out the wind. I don't want to go overboard. It's probably like eighty percent like it used to be one hundred.
Speaker 1: But some of the.
Speaker 5: Things is getting really noxious. Part y'all treating this dude like he's Cleaves or something like it's freaking Dan aeron Fox Like, man, this dude a good ball player, like he can work, like what are you talking about? And some of his body language, some of his feel like he's approta bate weird this year and you know, we couldn't quite put our finger and you had the two week absence.
Speaker 2: Because of its losing when you've been a consistent winner at every other level of your well.
Speaker 5: Losing from what we hear or what we're ankles like this is this is a brand study. Like you lose long enough, you get a sore aim and it keeps you out. And then there was the there was the awkwardness. The day before the Tyrese Haliburton trade, Dederon was a full go at practice. He was still listed as the game time decision for the next night. But you wake up the next day, Tyrese Haliburton gets traded and all of a sudden, we're looking around like it's gonna be weird when Dearons just returns to the lineup out of nowhere, right, And so we learned through some social media interactions as the day went along, Yeah, the Arran's coming back tonight and it's going to be awkward. And he came back and he was smiling, and he was running up and down the floor in playing thirty five minutes. And then Sibonis is able to debut, you know, two nights later, or it wasn't two nights later, it was the next night. It was the back to back against Minnesota at the gold One center. Sabonis was able to debut the next night, and all of a sudden, oh, we've got something cooking here. There's this great still shot of de Aaron holding on just clutching Debont's i mean, eyes closed, chest to chest embrace and you can almost see the exhale in the still photo.
Speaker 4: After that first win against Minnesota, the air.
Speaker 6: Of Fox's fiance posted something on a text message sent to her and with the picture of foxhold and Sabonis and whoever since it.
Speaker 1: Was like, damn recent, he don't even hug you like that?
Speaker 2: So do you think, like I guess that there was some level of internal competition between Fox and Tyres or just like guys who play the same position that maybe like don't fit nearly as much as maybe the King's organization thought that they might. That maybe brought down the vibes for Foxy or what do you think that is?
Speaker 5: I think it was two guys at the same position and playing different roles. Like we look at you know, we I think we take for granted the term positionless basketball and we just think that it applies to everything, and it's like, that's fine positionless basketball if you want to. But Tyreese is used to having the ball in his hands and he's looking to distribute. It's why Magic Johnson, on the night of his draft said, this dude looks like me. He looks like little Magic. That's why my partner for two years called him little Magic because of that line right there. But then when you take the ball out of his hands, it's like, no, Dearan's really good at that too. All of a sudden, you have two guys that are trying to figure out different roles. There's still guards, They're still supposed to be positionless. You're still supposed to do everything you're used to doing. It's just you're doing it in entirely different form now. And I think sometimes we get in our assessment of basketball thinking, oh, it's just a guard position.
Speaker 4: Well it's not. These two have been used to being the facility of their entire careers.
Speaker 6: Tyrese Haliburton when he has the ball is a little magic, And when he doesn't have the ball, he turns into the Robertson and Oka see just standing in the corner, not effective at all. And they actually both were like that, and from everything that we could tell, it was never anything personal with those two. They liked each other, they liked playing with each other. They wanted to try and figure it out. They just couldn't. Like it didn't seem like it was ever going to work with those two.
Speaker 2: That's exactly where I was going because it feels like right now and this is not a King specific comment, I think this is a basketball specific comment.
Speaker 3: Right now with this era is that if you're not a.
Speaker 2: Ball dominant guard, then you pretty much are I don't want to say like voided useless, but like people are not moving, players are not moving without the basketball, like Allah Steph Curry right, and the Golden State system has gotten guys very good at buying in to know you cut, you're constantly in motion, whether you have the ball or whether you don't, because it wears out defenses, like it makes it very difficult for even like a team like the Lakers right now because they've got a couple of ball dominant, few ball dominant guys on the team, and when they don't have the ball, they just it's like almost like someone put the controller down on two K, like that player is just no longer even like doing anything well.
Speaker 5: To stall Dearon and Tyres a bit I think it's also you talk about that constant motion in basketball.
Speaker 4: I think they were often playing with guys who maybe.
Speaker 5: Forgot what they were supposed to do defensive end, and it would lead you, Yeah, it would lead you into some really possessions where you're like, hey, why are there four guys over there? Oh, two of them are in the wrong spot.
Speaker 2: And I saw Buddy Heal do it his first night for Indiana. He was standing shoulder to shoulder with I want to say, maybe Chris Dwart.
Speaker 3: I was like, what are you doing right there?
Speaker 4: I think it was in the last four years, Homie.
Speaker 1: I think we're talking about the same play. I remember too.
Speaker 6: I think it was Tyrese Haliburton there and Tyreesee was ready for a swing like somebody added up top. Tyresee was ready for a swing. All of a sudden, Buddy, He'll just runs right in front of Tyrese Haliburton gets the ball. You're not supposed to be there. I know that's not the play. I know that's not the play.
Speaker 4: What are you doing that? That wasn't for the perimeter?
Speaker 2: He shifts like towards him, Like the whole point is to not bring your defender.
Speaker 3: You're the guy with the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was nightly struggle, like multiple times per night struggle, and they're in. You know, as great as the additions have been to the Sacramento Kings, there's a very very good argument that the subtractions have been just as important.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the Kings just back to that point about Fox versus Halliburton, do you feel like the Kings value Fox more than they did Halliburton or was it just the only way that the deal got done? Because I saw a lot of stuff like on Hoopsite saying that the Kings weren't interested in trading Fox, but I also heard that other teams were more interested in team friendly deals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's them.
Speaker 5: That we've tried to evaluate a lot over the last you know, week or whatever it's been. Is really if you believe there's a you know, the tyree has just you know, that's awesome, And if you're a team Indiana's looking to rebuild, like, we couldn't figure out why, Like Indiana doesn't a team that's rebuilding, dearon Fox doesn't make sense for them because why are you gonna read thirty million dollar contract when there are still I think Dean.
Speaker 4: I think we can all agree.
Speaker 5: There are some questions about like, when you look at contracts, you put other players who make that money into the same category. Okay, he's not Davion or not. He's not Donovan Donovan mitt Yet not Davian Mitchell. He's not Donovan Mitchell. He's not Jason Tatum either, and so it's like, well, but he's good, but he makes the same amount of money that they So if you're rebuilding, if you're starting over, it's easier to build around a guy who's in the second year of the NBA. He's in the second year of a rookie contract, which gives you the ability to keep him, you know, on your roster for a very long time and put the right pieces around him. Tyree's for a rebuilding team made so much more sense than the Aaron Fox did.
Speaker 6: Right, And one of the things one of our our insider Our Kings Insider on ESPN thirteen twenty brought up a good point and he talked about when.
Speaker 1: De Aaron Fox was out.
Speaker 6: For two weeks and Tyree's got to play by himself essentially, and he played really well. Right He's out there, probably averaged twenty plus points per game, seven eight assists. Tonight played really well, but they got beat by sixty thirty like twenty five twice, like they were getting beat down.
Speaker 1: And it did two things.
Speaker 6: It kind of raised Tyree's trade value because you saw what he could do just by himself, So that probably was appealing to other teams, but also for the Kings, it made it say, well, it's greatest Tyre's Halliburton is how far are we really gonna go if he's our best piece in that particular case, if we don't feel like he can you know, he can transcend what's going on here in Sacramento, maybe we put him in a deal, get Fox who you know, the contract and everything is a real issue. But if we can pair him up with another top flight big or something like that we call big fish out here, like Sabonis, maybe that's a little more of a fast track to where we want to get. And I think that time will Fox being off, I think it helped a lot for them to kind of get a.
Speaker 1: Clear view of what moves they need to make.
Speaker 5: And I think there's one other thing too, Trista sorry that Tyrese is a great passer. Dearan's a great score. So with Sabonis, Yeah, I don't want to say you completely balanced that out a little bit, but you kind of did. It's not like a net negative six Sibonises go.
Speaker 4: For five there with the passing big man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that's what makes the move interesting and I think it showcases how important it's not just the two man game that is important. It's where the two men are in on the court. But it's like all about where the two men game is. And this is as a Blazer fan who had CJ and Dame for a decade, you realize it doesn't really matter how good those two guys are because they literally are in the same spots on the floor and they don't compliment each other in terms of winning. Uh, And like that would be that would be all good and fine if we had a big that you could rely on, one that could pass like Nurkic is not slowness, Like, let's be real, like use of Nurkic isn't that That kind of leads me into the rest of the trade talk and what happened at the deadline and what you guys' thoughts are because we now have.
Speaker 3: An embiid hardened combin nation.
Speaker 2: And now we have Ben Simmons in Brooklyn, Like, what do you guys think? And I know this isn't really Kings related, but it sort of is in regards to, like how you construct a roster?
Speaker 3: Who do you think? And like how what's your.
Speaker 2: Assessment of how they've both constructed their rosters?
Speaker 5: First, Kenny, because you know I'm about to rail on James Harden in Philadelphia, So go ahead.
Speaker 1: Let me say for Philly's side, right, I guess you got what you were looking for.
Speaker 6: I kind of feel like Daryl Morey got a he got screwed in this deal because he reportedly was asking for a whole lot and he didn't really get any of that except for he got the superstar in James Harden. And I don't like the way James Harden plays. I'm not a huge James Harden fan, but I know what he produces out there on the floor.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, everybody's like, oh, James Harden, he's trying to play his way out of Brooklyn. He's fat, he's in, he's not engaged, and everything else like that. And I go and I look at his numbers and I agree he is having a down year. But at Dani Leeers your twenty two points centissist eight rebounds a night like he's, the production is unmatched. So I think Philadelphia getting James Harden for this year, they're better than they were coming into the year. I think they're better than they would have been. Ben Simmons would have been there all year. Harden and Mbeed give them an opportunity to win a championship, and I didn't think they had that opportunity, especially with the Ben Simmons there. So they got better there on the Brooklyn side than that might be for the future. I don't think Ben Simmons is going to really help them make a championship charge this year, but you gotta look at Okay, it helps for the future. I know Kd's going to be there. I doubt Kyrie is going to be there. So now you're looking at his offer him.
Speaker 3: You don't think they offer him a deal this offseason.
Speaker 1: You know it's up in the air.
Speaker 6: I could see them saying, just just go, Kyrie, just go, like'retired at this nonsense, and myself and they mean, we talked about it yesterday. Does anybody signed Kyrie you know, with everything that comes along with them next year, who's the owner that's going to say, yeah, I want to take a chance on that. So looking at the future, I like Seth Curry. I like Seth Curry a lot. I think he could kind of hop into that Kyrie role next year. So I think this deal helps Brooklyn more next year. I think this deal helps Philly more this year.
Speaker 5: I don't think either team got closer to winning a championship this year because there's no acquisition that could be made that makes Harden all of a sudden he's a championship player. He's just he's fall short year after year. And you can blame it on injuries, you can blame it on injuries to teammates, you could do And I said this, I feel like I always have to say this now because I've never been a fan of James Harden. What he did last year, playing through the hamstring injury and playing essentially two straight games without sitting, playing Game six and seven, that's pretty incredible.
Speaker 4: But they lost.
Speaker 5: And he has this ability like he's been able to push himself out of Houston and Brooklyn and back to back years. As the trade goes, I think again, I don't think it really is consequent for this season. Next year, I I I don't know what we're gonna see when Ben Simmons finally takes the floor and you know we've speculated, are they going to keep Ben Simmons out? Are they going to allow him to ramp up until Kevin Durant comes back? And so you got you know, Ben Simmons, Kevin Durant, and Seth Curry out there all on the floor together, and now you can really potentially see what Brooklyn has if Ben everything falls on the shoulders of Ben Simmons, Like if he's playing at that at that top the that top ball distributed level that we know that he's capable of, and that team that maybe they could get on a run in the playoffs, get through Milwaukee, get through you know, if Chicago winds up being there.
Speaker 1: Nobody mm hmm. We have a we have a we have one of our it's not a bit I guess it is.
Speaker 6: Whatever we talked about, who has the championship belt in the league, not like so in if somebody say who's the best player in the league, it's probably Lebron still right, Like Lebron is the go maybe even Kevin Durant, but that's different because we're wrestling fans than who has the belt, right who has the championship belt? And right now Gianni's has the belt like he's the champ. He's got the belt. He's the best player in the league at this particular moment.
Speaker 4: I don't know what, Sorry, I just I'm just.
Speaker 5: There's a brother in Chicago who is walking down that ramp right now.
Speaker 4: His theme music is playing, and he's getting ready to go nose to nose.
Speaker 5: With Giannis and Compo right now, because we got to stop ignoring what DeMar DeRozan in the Chicago Bulls.
Speaker 6: He is in the middle ring with the belt on the shoulder, just one in just one year.
Speaker 5: Right now, DeRozan's walking down to make the challenge. That's all I'm saying, Like he's getting ready to go out of Ioway.
Speaker 2: And the playoffs, Damien. I need to see my man in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Here, respect the bit Trista.
Speaker 4: He can lose the title later. I'm just saying. In a wrestling scenario, that's it. He's walking down my.
Speaker 1: Eye like.
Speaker 2: Middle comes in with the chair as he's in the ram and he's like, no, this is my house.
Speaker 1: But who does he hit.
Speaker 6: Middleton and Drew Holliday played a role of the usso's in this situation?
Speaker 5: All right, all right and and and and you honest acknowledge me.
Speaker 1: I'm with it.
Speaker 4: I'm with it.
Speaker 5: Somewhere there's fire you gotta be you gotta have fire, you gotta that's the heat.
Speaker 1: Fire. There you go.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: So back back to the Kings because that's kind of like what I want to finish the convo on.
Speaker 3: It's like where where are they? Like where are they in.
Speaker 2: The development and the ascension? Like optimism some level from one to ten this year obviously you're not going to do much besides maybe fight for a plan seat, But like, where do you guys rank the optimism for the future of this franchise? Because I think it's actually probably and you're in a better spot right now than probably we are.
Speaker 3: Portland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was weird to hear you say had when you were referring to CJ and Dame.
Speaker 4: That was like, oh, that's right, they had wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're right in Portland. I think this year and this is the frustrating, you know, consequence of being a Kings fan. Or someone who covers the Kings is you root for good things to happen, but you realize what we saw over the course of the last week or so won't be able to be measured until and obviously we hope Mini mcnahir has a successful off season and is able to add a couple of more pieces that desperately needs.
Speaker 4: They're still really bad defensively. Maybe a shooter. Who would the target? Who would the addition be? I I don't know.
Speaker 5: The guy who just got traded to Brooklyn would be really ideal. Who I don't know that he know. Seth Curry has a Sacramento Kings Jersey somewhere. He would be ideal here because he's smart and he can shoot like he has a high basketball like you. He could run, he can and this is a phrase Kenny and I are so sick of hearing.
Speaker 4: But he gets spread the floor and open things up a little bit.
Speaker 5: For Sabonis and Harrison Barnes, who has played pretty well with the exception of that Brooklyn game, and acquisitions have come over. But I think that you know, if the Kings wind up getting to the tenth spot, that's cool because it means they've played better since the trade. It means they're on an uptick. But really the measurement of all of this is going to be how they start next season, And of course you don't want to face plan either the rest of the way. Like we know there are shortcomings on the Kings, but we also think that they got better over the course of the last week. So they need to finish with They need to finish with a over the course of the last twenty some odd games, and they started the first fifty something and what we've seen is all about next year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the level of optimism for the Kings in the city and with people that follow this team like myself and Damien, I mean, it's done a complete one pint eighty over the course of the last week and a half. I mean it was looking dreadful with the group that they had, with the prospects of you know, probably being in the top seven again in the draft and not being bad enough to be top three or something like that, needing a miracle.
Speaker 1: It was looking dreadful.
Speaker 6: And then they make a deal, they get a guy like Sabonis, and like Damiens just pointed out, this year, yes, you want to compete, you want to play well because it's there for you. But it's really gave so much optimism for next year. This summer. You have Sibonis, you have dearon Fox, You've got Harrison Barnes who's rejuvenated and put into a different light with this particular trade with Sabonis coming to Fruition, and now you've got situations where we got a little more spending money, we have assets to trade. We love him out here, but it doesn't we don't know if it fits Rashaun Holmes. You pair that with the first round pick that I don't want to say you don't need to use. But because you have somebody like Sabonus who's only twenty five years old and you can look at him and Fox, you could pair that first round pick, which could be a top ten pick, with the Rashawn Holmes to get another possible big fish. So you ask who some people have talked about, like Miles Bridges, you know, see if you could work out a sign and trade with Charlotte for them and boast of the roster that way. And there's something that people talk about with Chicago and I it just stays in my head.
Speaker 1: My partner probably tired of me talking about it every day.
Speaker 6: But they talk about Chicago last year when they got Vucevich, they got him, missed the playoffs, and they had him in zach Lavine, and they talk about how having two guys was a better presentation for somebody like Damar DeRozan to say, hey, you're not gonna have to come in with it on your shoulders. We got two guys already. We just need you to complete that triangle. And now it's the bonus of Fox. Whether it's with free agency or through trade. The Kings may be able to do that this summer, go to somebody like a DeRozan type player and say, hey, come here, you know, complete this triangle and then help get us into a legitimate playoff spot and not just the play in situation. So it's a long way of saying, like you, they've kind of changed the outlook on everything in about a week.
Speaker 4: In point guard.
Speaker 5: You can literally see everything before you do right, like just an extraordinary passer, like he sees the court, like they set table so beautifully for free agency this year.
Speaker 2: And a guy who we've stolen from LA because they're so intent to not pay the luxury tax on him and Alex Crusoe, and he's going to be the heartbeat and the soul of your team and you're gonna just absolutely call him.
Speaker 3: The goat as a role player.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that it's an interesting and exciting time. Especially I think, like I really like some bonus. But the fact that you don't have to deal with Marvin Bagley and Buddy Heal anymore is just like you get rid of so much drama. And you're seeing that with the nets too, right, Like you got rind Of Harden, who's one of the best scorers and playmakers in the league, but everyone hated him, like he was doing dumb shit on and off the court.
Speaker 3: He did not want to be there.
Speaker 2: I heard a story that he was in the hotel either in Utah or Denver. I always get him confused and had all kinds of shenanigans going on when he wasn't playing. And so you get guys who are off the team and Tristan Thompson who have had their share of drama, Like nobody wants to see their teammate in the headlines like that like just adds like a level of gray clouds to the party that's already not like doesn't have a lot of drinks already, you only have one kind of chips.
Speaker 3: You know, people aren't really trying to come to that kind of a.
Speaker 2: Party, you know what I mean, unless they're down for what Tristan's down for.
Speaker 6: And look, I've been I've been somewhat critical of the Air and Fox's leadership skills throughout the course.
Speaker 1: Of the season. But I'm gonna stall them out a little bit here.
Speaker 6: And everything that you talked about with Badley Buddy not running plays and doing stuff like that, and TT and the tabloids every week, somebody like the Aaron Fox is probably saying, they're like, what the hell is going on here? Like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 5: So yeah, when Mary, when Mary saying no more drama at the Super Bowl, she did that for us, No, she was she was speaking directly to Sacramento Kings fans, no more drama.
Speaker 1: And ridiculous a love problema. Not treat me well right now?
Speaker 3: It's wild.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: And I think for me, as like someone who watches the Ear and Fox, No, I wouldn't say like decide to kind of just chuck the deuces in the middle of the season and say you guys need to sort some.
Speaker 3: Things out before I come back. But like I get that, Like you're a winner.
Speaker 2: You won at every level to a degree, right, Like you've been the man, and you come to a place that you probably didn't want to go to to begin with, and then it sort of deteriorates, and then you're like, I don't even know how how this could get better? You know? And uh, I guess the one The final question that I have for you, guys is what's your prediction for who coaches this team any year?
Speaker 4: Can we just I don't.
Speaker 2: Prediction and and uh like greatest hope or like your wishless.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we so I this is where, well, look, Damien, I'll say this, I don't know if it's Damian's hope.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's people's hope.
Speaker 6: Now that they got now they got some players in here, you can sell it on not being a disaster.
Speaker 1: I think it might be Doug Christy.
Speaker 5: So yeah, because I love Doug and I have a just endless amount of respect for Alvin. I felt like this a couple of weeks ago. I still feel the same. You have to rid yourself of the entire coaching staff and it's where the Kings are this season. On Luke Walton, though I didn't think he was a good coach, and on Alvin Gentry. I don't blame it on Rico Hines, Doug Christy, Stacy, Mike anyone else who's here.
Speaker 4: It's just it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Hire a head coach, allow that head coach to hire their entire from top to bottom without the organization stepping in and saying, oh, now, we're gonna need you to keep this guy around though, because that's immediately gonna put this thing in the Kings.
Speaker 2: That's what happened with the Pacers when he kept Yorkrin kept a couple of guys in and one of them ended up leaving in the middle of the season to quote unquote mental health issues and basically say that Nate Jurkrin was hated by all the players he's talking to Wolje. Now Nate Yorkin ends up losing his job because you've got this whisper campaign that wasn't even close to true. And now Nate Yorkin is back in Toronto as an assistant coach instead of doing what he should be doing, which is running the Pacers. Now you have an old school coach like Rick Carlisle in who's great like but isn't the biggest players coach either.
Speaker 5: You know, I need I need some behind the scenes footage of Rick Carlisle and Buddy Healed, Like, give me that. That's that's that's what I'm here for. Give me that on inside the NBA. Let me let me see Rick Carlile.
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 3: So who is it you want to see?
Speaker 2: Like a young gun like David Vanderpool come in, or like ken Yatkinson who like gets guys to develop and work.
Speaker 4: Kenny Atkinson is definitely going to be a name.
Speaker 5: Kings Fan Pool is someone that I've you know, I wanted in the last hirings. Those are all like I think those are probably the top two on the list, Kenny Akinson and David Vanderpool. But outside of that, I mean, I feel like Sam con Sam Cassell is now kind of morphing into the Eric b Enemy category where it's like, I guess this dude just isn't getting a job. I guess he's just going to continue to be like a high end assistant across the league. So I don't really know how that works. But right now, early early, early Delo Coaching power rankings. Kenny Atkinson's probably second. Sam Cassell will still be on the why that's taking so long and and the.
Speaker 3: Know it was number one right now on your power ranking.
Speaker 4: David Vanderpool David Vanderpool, Yeah, he's number one.
Speaker 3: Yours, Kenny is Doug Christie.
Speaker 6: I think that's who's going to get it. I wouldn't I wouldn't mind seeing Doug Christy there. I like Damian. I've been a big fan of Sam Cassell. I think he should get his opportunity with one of these teams in the league. So I wouldn't mind seeing Sam Cassell. That'd probably be my favorite if I had to pick number one.
Speaker 5: A lot of people will see that higher. A lot of people here will see that higher and believe that it wasn't made by Monti McNair. Yeah, and if it wasn't made by Minum McNair. The King's just they're continued the same issues that they've had for the last seven or eight years.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what ends up happening. Uh, it's always a pleasure. I will see you guys Friday. Well, I'm sure we'll have plenty.
Speaker 6: To discuss Christ when we when we get you a Sacramento man, come on, you gotta come to go to one Center. You got to pull up, you know, Champagne and campaign have a good time.
Speaker 1: Come out here.
Speaker 3: I would like to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm I'm locked into a studio and they just like make me stay there.
Speaker 4: I believe it.
Speaker 3: Hopefully soon, hopefully soon.
Speaker 2: How about we planned for summer league, because the Sacramento one is first, go.
Speaker 3: From that one to the Vegas one, you know, so I would live then.
Speaker 4: That the league. I'm with it.
Speaker 3: Dlo and Casey here with me on the heat check.
Speaker 2: Will have to do this again.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: You can find them on ESPN thirteen twenty from twelve to four pm Pacific time, so that's three pm to seven pm Eastern Standard time. Because that's what I'm rocking at. Make sure you follow im K Diddy on Twitter and Damien with an E.
Speaker 3: Barling B A R L I n G on Twitter. Anything else you guys need to plug.
Speaker 6: No, Trey Lance is good. On that note that