Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Let's get it off, get it Mike Sempervv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio, cable radio network two, Sports Byline dot Com over the air affiliates podcasting. That's the only way you can hear me today. No video streaming on Twitch or YouTube today. However, you're joining us today though. If it's not video, I'd just like to say thank you. Hopefully, wherever you are it's sonny outside. Even if not hopefully it's sonny inside your mind. It is not sonny where Brian Alvarez is. It is cloudy, it is windy, and as a result, the man has got no power. I would make a joke about Brian as he ages in his life, losing power in different parts of his existence, but I won't. I'll just say that that's the reason that there's no video today. Hardwired in here to Sports Byline, It's gonna be me and you today and Dom of course, hopefully, hopefully everything is fixed by the time tonight comes. Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave Meltzer and Brian maybe possibly stay tuned to Brian's social media and such to see if that changes. But we'll soldier on today because that's what we do, or in this case, that's what I do. Because Filthy Tom Lawler is also not here. He's got a contract with limited dates. What can I do a lot to get into tonight is AW Dynamite, the go home edition for the show as Full Gear is on Saturday. Run down everything that's planned for tonight, as well as the lineup for the pay per view. Speaking of AW, Buddy Matthews has lined up some future appearances I'll tell you for who. WWE has filed a trademark on the name Edge. Jay Cargill has signed with a new talent agency TNA. Has added two matches to Turning Point coming up on November twenty ninth. The Real World Tag League is kicked off for New Japan and then the least surprising news you've ever heard, Linda and Vince McMahon a separated oh yeah, and Tony Storm retired sort of. We'll get it all started when we get back Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 5: Find what you love, love what you find, total wine and more. The so much waiting for is the rits and gear. Thousands of wine guys in the know prices so it does fightl your line.
Speaker 4: Gonna find what you love and love what you find.
Speaker 6: How open in Rochester Hills at Winchester Center next to Dick Sporting Goods.
Speaker 7: Drink Responsibly be twenty one.
Speaker 8: President Biden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guess who pays the bill. That's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes.
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 8: And if you owe back taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you go back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us Today, we've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick, free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed or you pay nothing.
Speaker 6: Call now eight hundred nine four nine O three nine eight hundred nine four nine O three nine. That's eight hundred and nine four nine zero zero thirty nine paid for by the tax helpline Attention.
Speaker 4: Then here's a great way to have more fun in bed and save money. If you want to take something like Viagra, they can give you a way to pay as little. It's two dollars a pill, Yes, two dollars a pill. Compare that to prices as high as sixty dollars per tablet. These pills work for men to improve their performance and confidence. You'll love them. And now for the price of two or three pills, you can get fifty or more for around one hundred dollars. You'll save hundreds of dollars freetail prices. That's enough to buy your data nice dinner. Don't pay expensive prices for viagra. Call now, order fifty or more of our blue pills and pay as little as two dollars a pill and save hundreds of dollars. Call any time for confidential shipping.
Speaker 6: Call Steelmann pills now eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred nine sixty five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 9: This holiday season, straight Talk Wireless is letting you say yes a lot more with real unlimited data. Yes to sharing pics of the buglost holiday sweaters, a little, Yes to checking leather on the go for surprise letting tricks, and with a free phone at sign up, let the yestivities begin.
Speaker 1: No Way, Yes Way.
Speaker 9: Straight Talk real unlimited data available at Walmart or straight talk dot Com. Off for velid through one five twenty five. Wesllsupplies the last ave participating store. A taxi and fee apply requires instare activation on select single line plans, limited two phones for customer. For network management practice, visits great talk dot com.
Speaker 5: Look looking them me, look at them?
Speaker 2: Helly looking em me.
Speaker 6: Coming on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alfarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Wyline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show. Mike Semper vv Here with You, Jim bellly is Here with You on Saturday is starting at one pm Eastern Time, and Andrew Zerian joins you on Sundays beginning at six pm Eastern Time. I'd also love it if you made the Wrestling News part of your day. You can find it wherever you find your favorite podcast or head on over to the Wrestling News dot Com or at Wrestling News av on X and Facebook. Every single day of the year everything you need to know to get your day started, get you up to date, or get you to your favorite long form review pod like Wrestling Observer Radio. We know Dave Meltzer is going to be at least I think Dave Meltzer is going to be there. He was on vacation, threw everybody's schedule off on Monday when there was no Wrestling Observer Radio. Can we go three consecutive four consecutive days because by the time everybody usually hears that show, it's Thursday, because it's midnight Pacific time by the time Dave and Brian finally get to record a thing. But if they can't record tonight, what are people going to do? How are people gonna get their news. Well, they'll get it from the wrestling news. But what about all that pontification. I think Brian is gonna be okay tonight, Brian and Dave back Wrestling Observer, Radio Dynamite tonight, and plenty of other things going on in the news. This is in the news. It's not exactly wrestling news, but it's in the news. Lynda McMahon's attorney, Laura Bravetti, confirmed to the Washington Post that Vincent Linda are currently separated. Now that really not news at all, because for now we are going on years, you can actually say years, like three four, five years. It's been since there have been rumblings that Vince and Linda were separated. Why is it news now, Well, it's because President Trump, to be President to be Donald Trump again is going to nominate Linda McMahon again for a cabinet position. Last time around it was the Secretary of the Small Business Association. This time around it is for Secretary of Education. And even that really wouldn't be news as it concerns this show. But last month, of course, a new lawsuit was filed against Linda and Vince and WWE relating to the company's ring boy scandal in the nineteen eighties and early nineties, and Linda could face questions about that lawsuit during your confirmation process. Brevetti told The Washington Post that the lawsuit is baseless. Quote. This lawsuit, based upon thirty plus year old allegations, is filled with scurrilous lies, exaggerations, and misrepresentations end quote. Vince and wwe A also, of course, facing a separate lawsuit from former employee Janel Grant, who was accused Vince of physical and emotional abuse, sexual assault, and sex trafficking. Grant's lawsuit against that group, as well as John Laurinidis, has been on a six month pause since June and amid a legal investigation into Vince. That six months will be running out next month. On December eleventh this summer, Linda was reported to saying everyone in her family is doing great in the wake of Grant's allegation. So there you go. That is the news as it relates to Linda McMahon and Pro Wrestling and this broadcast. We will go ahead and put that to the side for something else that's also not news, but some people fell for it. Tony Storm has told SB Nation that she has retired from professional wrestling effective immediately. I can hear cars driving off the road right now. This is what she told SB Nations James Datur quote, I'm not used to being a loser. I failed at everything. I lost in AW, I lost in Japan, I lost in Mexico. This is the last you'll hear from me again. Enjoy Mariah May as your champion. You can enjoy all that. AW is just fine without me. Everything is going well for AW. They don't need Tony Storm. End quote. James Dater continued quote. Strm said she hasn't spoken to AW president and CEO Tony Khan about her decision to hang up the boots, confirming that this story is the first time he'll learn about her decision as well. A despondent Storm continually apologized and when asked if there was anything that could change her mind, she asked me, the interviewer, to try and convince her to keep wrestling.
Speaker 10: End quote.
Speaker 3: Some people actually fell for that headline that said Tony Storm is retiring from wrestling in AW effective immediately. If you just clicked and read that, I don't know how you could possibly have believed it. I'm hoping nobody that is listening to me right now open that up and believed it. But if you did, I'm here to tell you it's not true. Tony Storm is not retiring in in all likelihood, she will get somehow involved after the Champagne celebration tonight on Dynamite Gosai ways between Mariam and Mina Shirakawa, and at some point Tony Storm will be holding Mina sheii Kawa in her arms and vowing revenge and to get her title back from Mariam. I mean, it's the only way that that can go, right, We'll see. WWE filed a trademark on the name Edge through an attorney. WWE filed to trademark the name for wrestling purposes yesterday, according to documents made available on the US Patent and Trademark Office website. The purposes of the filing are stated as, quote, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered through broadcast media, including television and via the internet or commercial online service providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network. Well, there goes my idea to take the name of the Edge and then just start doing wrestling news with it. I guess I can't do that anymore. It goes on to say providing information in the fields of sports via online community portal end quote. Copeland began wrestling his EDGE when he made his WWE debut in nineteen ninety eight. He continued to use the name until debuting in AEW last October. In an interview with Fox in twenty twenty two, Copeland spoke about how he came up with the name, saying, quote, I would have preferred Adam Copeland, but that wasn't the way it really worked then, right, I was doing dark matches in don Kallas, don Kallus involved. Don Kallis and I were driving in the radio station. It was in Albany and it said EDGE one oh something, and growing up in Toronto, EDGE one O two was always one of my favorite stations. End quote. And that's how he came up with the name, although I guess we can also blame Don Kallos a little bit for that as well too. Transitioning now to Jade Cargill, I guess the only good transition would be Adam Copeland wrestles in AEW. Miro sort of exists in the Realm of aw and Miro was also a part of Paradigm Talent Agency, in which Jade Cargill has joined up with the Sports Group division of the Paradigm Talent Agency. Variety revealed that today said she has signed with the Sports Group for all representation in all areas. The talent agency, which talked a little bit about with Philthy Tom last week, has a growing list of WWE clients, which also includes Damian Priest, Tiffany Stratton, Cmpunk, Drew McIntyre, and liv Morgan. In their announcement, Paradigm called Cargill quote a living, breathing superhero end quote that is exactly what she looks like when she's out there. Paradigm is one of the top talent agencies in Hollywood, ranking behind the William Morris Endeavor Agency, as well as the Creative Artists Agency and the United Talent Agency. Paradigm started a Sports Group division last week and has a specialized team of agents that worked to represent what it says is a roster of elite, elite athletes and iconic teams. So Jay Carlgill can now join the list of a bunch of other people. Talked about it last week when it related to Live Morgan and the fact that she wants to get out there do a lot more when it comes to TV and acting roles, whether that be on TV or in movies or any of that sort of stuff. One thing is for sure again, whether Jay Cargol gets any better than she is right at this very second in the ring or not, she comes across as a star. And even if she cannot be used in singles matches in the main event of a WrestleMania to go a half hour with Charlotte Flair, it doesn't matter because she can make a lot of money just selling merchandise of herself, and I'm sure Paradigm is going to help her out try to facilitate all that sort of stuff. N XT was last night, aw Dynamite is tonight. We got a lot more to get into when we get back from break. Wrestling Observe Live, Nobody see It's because the windows got It's gonna be Ah the President.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show. Mike semper vv here with you. Wrestling Observer Live AW Dynamite tonight live on TBS from the Santander Arena in Running, Pennsylvania, not the Anthony Santander Arena, just the Santander Arena. It was announced on social media yesterday that Chris Jericho and Tomahiroishi are going to sign a contract tonight for their r O H World Championship match coming up next week on Dynamite. That now joins. I believe it is seven other segments that had already been announced for the show, the main match of the show at least, I would assume it's the main match on the show, Wheeler Yudah against Orange Cassidy, just days before Cassidy is to face off against Wheeler Judah's Sinsey John Moxley for the AW World Heavyweight Championship at full gear. The man who has been telling Dah from Jump Street to trust him, when has he ever steered him wrong? Claudio Cassignoli. He will be facing off against Darby Allen and an eight man tag team match. Will Osprey, Ricochet, Powerhouse Hobbs and Mark Davis will face off against the Don Colls family of Kenosgate TAKESHTA, Kyle Fletcher, Lance Archer and Brian Cage. I still don't like this when it comes to Powerhouse Hobbs. And I understand that you wanted to get Mark Davis back in the mix, and it allows for the four Man Calls Family team to be bumping up against Osprey and a collection of other people, and that's fine, I guess, but Powerhouse Hobbs and I like the idea of Lance Archer and Brian Cage being singles opponents for Powerhouse Hobbs. That works. Got a bigger, older, much more experienced Lance Archer that Powerhouse Hobs can go through, and you got a guy and Brian Cage who could bounce around a lot physically looks impressive like Powerhouse Hobs is, but can fly around for him and take powerhouseh Hobbs be a big guy unlike Lance Archer, who can take a lot of Powerhouse Hobbs power moves and make him look spectacular as if he was a lot smaller. So Brian Cage and Lance Archer at some point in one on one matches with power House Hobbs ILike that, but to bring Powerhouse Hobbs back and just kind of make him another guy, which is what I worry about. And it's still early here, but it's been what two weeks now. We'll see what they got coming here tonight. I want to see a standout performance and that I would love to hear that Powerhouse Obs is gonna sink his teeth into a singles feud here to help try to build him up to something bigger down the line. Chris Statlander faces off against Ukarushida, Heshe Sero Atlantis Junior, and Mascaradrada will be in action. I am assuming that that is in a trios match. And then of course the Champagne celebration between AW Women's champion Mariah May and Mina Shirikawa. Obviously the high point of the show unless you are a filthy Tom Lawler, and then in that case, your high point of the show will be the appearance of Costco Guy Big Boom AJ, which is leading into his match. Then AW press release that they sent out yesterday that I got said was twenty years in the making. Yes, AJ, Big Boom Costco Guy twenty years in the making his match against QT Marshall, which will take place on the Full Gear kickoff show. We'll see how that goes after they get done with Collision Tonight, they'll tape Friday's rampage. At that point, probably we'll have a good idea on how many matches are going to end up on the Full Gear pre show. I don't think they're going to be packing any more matches onto the main card Saturday Night, November twenty third. Have you heard it's November twenty third. They've been telling you it's November twenty third. It's November twenty third at The Rock, the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Aw World Title, John Moxley against Orange Cassidy, Kyle Fletcher against will Ospray, TBS title, Mercedes Money against Chris Statlander, Bobby Lashley against Swerve Strickland, hang Man Out Him Page against Jay White. World Tag Team Title, fatal four way. Know if it's a fatal four way or not. I assume it is. No elimination rules here, Private Party Defense against the Outrunners Brody King and Malachi Black and the Acclaimed who knocked off Rush and the Beast Mortos on Collision on Saturday, TNT title match Jack Perry against Daniel Garcia, And we'll see if tonight Daniel Garcia and Daddy Magic, Matt Menard come driving in with Jack Perry still taped and chained to the top of the Scapegoat mobile that they had stolen last week. And of course Roderick Strong against MJF. I kind of put those matches in order on how I believe they're going to be on the card from main event down to the opener. In a perfect world, MJF would not be in the opener. But if he's not in a world title match, you know how that gimmick goes. He wants to have his match and get out of there. He's going to have it against Roderick Strong. We'll see if hangman Adam Page has got excuse me, hangman out on Page Adam Cole Beabe has got any comments about tonight as well as if he and Roderick Strong have worked things out with Kyle O'Reilly yet. On last week's show, if you recall, Kyle O'Reilly shook the hand of Roderick Strong but didn't shake the hand of Adam Cole, which people pointed out draws back to the hard feelings that Kyle O'Reilly had with Cole when Cole super kicked him in the face on NXT. I assume that's the story that they're continuing to play off of now. But we'll see there will not be a Collision this week, as the pay per view on Saturday is going to take up all the air there, so the only extra you're going to get is going to come by way of the Full Gear Zero Hour pre Show, which has got QT Marshall against Big boom Aja, but other than that nothing, So that may be the reason we're seeing Heshe Sero and Mascaraderata and Atlantis Junior making appearances. They may be on the pre show, the Zero Hour pre show on Saturday, but we'll see speaking of collision, and we may have done this yesterday, I can't recall or not. I know we talked a lot about the Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight and the fact that it really hammered rampage and smacked down last Friday night, so we may have already talked about collision. If so, I apologize, I'm gonna say it again though. Last Saturday's aw Collision drew its biggest audience in months, with three hundred and fifty six thousand people tuning into TNT. According to Russell NoMix. That was up from the previous week's viewership of three hundred and thirty two thousand. The show did a point one point one in the eighteen forty nine year old demographic, which was slightly up from the previous week's point one to zero. On Monday Night, Raw averaged one point five to one six million viewers on USA Network, which was down three point one one percent from the week before, but it's still the second highest audience total that the show has done since October twenty first. Raw finished third on the cable charts and fifth overall on television with a point four to nine rating in the eighteen to forty nine year old demo. The only programming to beat it was the NFL on ABC and ESPN, as well as the show's pregame on both networks. It's the same rating Raw did last week, which ties the show's second best number for that category since August twenty third. This is all very nice, means nothing at the end of the day when it comes to WWE and RAW is that show. Of course, we'll be heading to Netflix in January. What it does do, though, is boosts up the fourth quarter numbers that USA Network will be touting. They're obviously keeping SmackDown, but the fact that they have Raw giving them another one point five million people every Monday Night is something that they are going to savor until it is gone. House of Black member Buddy Matthews is headed back to Australia. Melbourne City Wrestling announced Matthews for the shows for the promotion show on December eighth, and noted that the event will take place a little over two months from AW Grand Slam Australia, which is taking place on February fifteenth in Brisbane at the Melbourne Pavilion. Before signing with WWE in twenty thirteen, Matthews wrestled as Matt Silva for MCW and as a two time holder of the company's heavyweight title. He returned to the promotion in twenty twenty two and has wrestled there five times since, including two shows this past February where he dropped the MCW title back to Selects. So Tony Storm was already over there doing some promotion. Buddy Matthews going over doing some promotion there too. It's gonna be interesting again. Brian talked about it on this show, talked about notes and messages that he's been given about the market over there. It is going to be an uphill climb to try to get a big crowd in Melbourne, but we'll see what they do. Buddy Matthews going over there certainly is not going to hurt matters at all. Probably wouldn't hurt matters at all if he added some New Japan talent down there as well too, or maybe try to put that as part of the mix to try to drum up interest in the show. Interest is getting drummed up in the Russell Dynasty show and with the Tokyo Dome show for New Japan Russell Kingdom on January fourth, because people are wondering if Kenny Omega is going to be a part of it, and another very in character interview that took place recently, Kenny Omega told New Japan's website that he has spoken with New Japan executives and has decided that if Kid wants a match, he'll wrestle him inside of the Tokyo Dome. Omega returned to New Japan to Power Struggle earlier on this month. He cut a promo in front of the live crowd, expressing interest and facing one of New Japan's younger talents on Janruary fifth. Omega was later attacked backstage in an angle by Gabe Kid. Said Omega quote, I wasn't even sure if I would be medically clear for January fifth, but what Gabe did and said was enough to push me over the finish line. I might have been known as the best bout machine in the past, but my goal isn't to elevate Gabe Kid to a world class performance. My goal is to show Gabe Kid the reality of the situation that he's in right now and show what embarrassment in front of ten, twenty thirty, forty thousand people and many thousands more watching around the world looks like that is exactly why Kenny Omega is over there and doing angles right now, so they can try to get twenty or thirty or forty thousand people inside of the Tokyo Dome on January fourth and again on January fifth, NXT when we get back Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 10: Not to brag, but Progressive's name your Price tool is Mankind's greatest tool ever, even better than the wheel. Sure, without the wheel, we wouldn't have modern transportation. We're funny videos of dogs riding skateboards, but without the name of your price tool, we wouldn't have easy access to water insurance options based on our budget.
Speaker 2: And wild cars do need wheels.
Speaker 10: They also need insurance and insurance never goes flats. Learn more about the greatest tool ever than name your price tool at Progressive dot Com. Progreession Casualty Interest Company in affiliates price and coverage match on is in by state BLAE, not of the window states.
Speaker 6: Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was. Sold dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never.
Speaker 2: Heard of before.
Speaker 6: Did you know there are companies who'll offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a flat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true. Sold dot Com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now eight hundred two five one seven, eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 7: What would you do if you had a broken bone, You'd go to the doctor and use your insurance right, Well, what would you do if you have a serious problem with drugs and alcohol? Most people do nothing until it's way too late. Your insurance can help you get clean and sober with the assistance of a place like the Detox and Treatment Helpline. Many times addiction treatment is fully covered. So why not use your insurance to treat your addiction problem, just like you would if you had a broken bone. And with a Family Medical Leave Act, you're allowed to take time off by law and your employer doesn't need to know the reason. So there are two good reasons You've got insurance you can use for your addiction problem. And with the Family Medical Leave Act, it's completely confidential.
Speaker 3: Call now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred seven seven one four one two five. That's eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five. Eight hundred seven seven one four one two five eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five.
Speaker 11: Build up to Black Friday with savings all month long. It loaves get up to fifty percent off select major appliances, plus take an additional ten percent off when you buy select major appliances, and don't wait to pick up holiday inflatables under twenty dollars. Don't wait to save in store or online now because Lows Knows deals about eleven six to twelve four cannot be combined with additional discounts. Seelows dot com for details and qualifying items while supplies last.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike Simpervv, here with you, Wrestling Observer Live. Brian Alvarez not with me today. I'm sorry. Power's out. Nothing he can do, nothing I can do. That's just the way it goes. When Mother Nature decides she's going to be that way, That's the way it is. But if you miss Brian and he makes his way back tonight, you can hear him. If you become a member of the website fourteen ninety nine, get you everything that the site has to offer, including the incredible archives of audio and back issues of the newsletters, plus a ton of site exclusive podcasts and other content. Twitch it offers one free subscription as part of their Twitch Prime. You can use that on us. Go to Twitch dot tv, Slash four w video, hit subscribe Vibe. It'll ask you if you want to use Amazon Prime, say yes, Wrestling Observer Live most Days, Wrestling Observer Radio, Brian and Vinnie, Figure four Daily, and more. You can get them through there. If you only want video live and on demand through YouTube, you can do that too. That's nine ninety nine, and select podcasts are available through both Spotify and iTunes at nine ninety nine. You can head on over to Wrestling Observer dot com for all of the information on how you can become a member of FOW online dot com slash Wrestling Observer dot com. A new match has been announced for Russell Dynasty on January fifth, Because I'm not done talking about that quite yet. Told you about Kenny Omega and Gabe Kid. Well, now we've also got a four way match for the inaugural International Women's Cup. The winner of the match will be able to challenge for any title of their choice. At least that's what it says aw Roh Star in CMLL will have qualifying four way matches between now and January fifth to decide their representative. In addition to the Women's Cup four way, the current Russell Dynasty card is scheduled to have Zach Saber Junior against Rikoshet, Jack Perry against Yodasuji, and Tomohiroishi against either Shingo Takagi or ken Kensky Kenoski Takeshta for the never open Weight Championship. That match will also be for Takesha's aw International Championship if he is still championed by then. We know the Young Bucks are scheduled to be going over for either the fourth or the fifth, most likely the fifth. But it's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be really interesting because with what the new Japan January fourth Russell Kingdom show is, I don't see forty thousand people buying tickets, and with what they have so far, even with the specter of a Gabe Kid Kenny Omega match, I mean, how many people are you gonna be able to get in there for a second night. It's gonna be interesting. Two matches have also been announced to TNA Turning Point which takes place on Friday, November twenty ninth. Yesterday, Josh Alexander against Steve Macklin and a no d Q match, and the Hardys and Ase Austen against the Rascals and Kushita were added to the show. Alexander and Macklin is a rematch from Bound for Glory, where Alexander came away with the win. As of now, the rest of the TNA Turning Point card also has Nick Nemeath defending the TNA World Championship against Eddie Edwards, Knockouts champion Masha Slamovich against Jordan Grace, and the annual Turkey Bowl six way Joe Hendry against Eric Young. Hammerstone PCO Brian Myers and John Skuyler haven't seen too much of TNA recently, so I'm not sure exactly where Eric Young is standing on the sanity and just the overall food chain in TNA. I mean, the Turkey outfit was made for him, He's been in it several times. If I'm not mistaken. I don't think you could put a Turkey suit on Hammerstone that you don't get, like, you know, custom fit. He couldn't even get like one of his calves into one of those things. Very vascular. He is, John Skuyler. I'm looking at you, either you or Brian Myers. One of you two guys, You're gonna have to go in that Turkey suit. That's just the way it goes. PCO. Nobody wants to see that. NXT last night c W Boston, Man's favorite show from the Performance Center in Orlando. Show opened up with Nathan Fraser defeating Eddie Thorpe in a qualifier for the Iron Survivor Challenge match, which is coming up at the Deadline Special Premium Live event in a couple of weeks. Fraser got the win in about ten and a half minutes. The match was based on a backdrop for all of the tag teams that AVA talked to last week brawling with each other. They were all shown menacingly throughout from the even before the match, from the time that Fraser and Axiom were walking backstage and disagreeing with each other over the fact that they need to get ready for this tag team title situation that they got coming up, Fraser kind of blew it off and just said they're all going to kill each other anyway. Turned around, Gallas was behind him, Throughout the night, there were teams popping up everywhere. Long story short Fraser Pinthorpe. After a Phoenix splash, all the teams brawled at ringside. They continued to brawl at ringside throughout the rest of the show. But we'll come back to that in a moment. Andre Chase vignette aired. There were two of these, and they were both really good. Talked about the past and the president of Chase U. When they came back from a commercial, a Julia video package aired after it finished up. Klannie Jordan was shown watching in the locker room alongside Robert Stone and Stevie Turner. She was all fired up demanded that one of them go talk to Aba and get her an Iron Survivor qualifying match next week against Julia. I know I'm the only one, Okay, I know I'm the only one. Colonnie Jordan's a heel. She just strikes me as a heel. Just strikes me as somebody who's really good at gymnastics and everything. It's just something about her voice, something about how she can carry herself. I get it. She looks when you just look at it, you think babyface, like Roxanne Perez, like a lot of people. Oh, I'll look at her. I don't know. I think she actually has got legs as a heel down the line. We'll see, we'll see. But I kind of got that feeling here that maybe they might be going in that direction. We'll find out another women's or in a women's Iron Survivor Qualify match, Stephanie Baker defeated Jada Parker match one about eleven minutes. Jada Parker is going to be a star on the main roster at some point or another. She's got the size, she's got the look, She's got everything except for more experience. But she was in there with a much more experienced person and Stephanie Backer, and they had a damn good match. The only problem with the match was the ending, and it really wasn't a problem in that, you know, they got to move things forward. So Lola Ice came down to ringside carrying a brick, which was a callback to Parker hitting her in the face with it during their last match. Parker got distracted, it allowed a Backer to catch her and that package neck breaker gimmick over the knee that she does, and she got the pin. I cannot wait until these two have a match where they go, oh, I don't know, about fifteen minutes and they actually go to a fall without any other interference because it was actually a good combination. Men's North American champion Tony Dangelo defeated Brooks Jensen, who had Sean Spears in his corner. Match went about five minutes or so. D'Angelo pinn Jensen after a spinebuster. During the match, Tony sold his knee as if he had heard it, which set up for what came afterwards. Spears offered a handshake to D'Angelo, which allowed Jensen to chop block Tony's injured knee. Stacks and Luca weren't there to help because they were one of the tag teams that was still brawling all around the building. There were two segments, and these are the ones that I wish Brian were here, because I'd love to hear him rant about him or just be generally annoyed and not really have any idea what's going on because it's college football teams. But there were two segments on the show that attempted to serve two masters, one for the match that was coming up later on in the night, and then also for the CW's airing of college football coming up this Saturday. When the only two teams in the Pac twelve Conference, Oregon State and Washington State, due battle at seven thirty pm Eastern Time, Reese and Lenox were dressed in Oregon State gear. Later on, Petrovich and Adonis were in Washington State gear. It was not good. Brilliant Dion was comedically awkward. The one between Carmen and Ashante wasn't so bad, but long story short, that was building to their match that they were having later on. Lexis King was then shown cutting a long promo to himself. When the camera panned back, it revealed that Pro Wrestling Noah's Yoshiki Inomura was the one that he was talking to. King thanked him and left. Josh Briggs came up to Inamura to ask what that was about, and he said he didn't know. NXT was a crazy place. As he said that, the camera panned to the left and then all of the tag teams that were brawling at the beginning of the show were continuing to brawl with each other all over the place. The camera cut back to Brigs and Inamura said that that was his kind of crazy I'm not sure if he's getting the same type of attention here that Josh Briggs and Tavion Heights had gotten over when they went to pro Wrestling Noah, but doesn't matter. I guess Adonna's baitd Brinley In this mixtag team match between Carmen, Petrovic and Ashante against Britany and Dion Lennox. It came to an end when Adonna's baited Brinley in by asking for a kiss on the cheek. She slapped him, turned around and natea round haass kicked to the face by Petrovitch, who then got the pin. Afterwards, Carmen and Ashante gave each other a big hug in the middle of the ring. They were about to have a moment when the referee came in and raised both of their arms up, and then they weren't allowed to have that moment anymore and they went away. Second women's Iron Survivor qualifying match, Zari defeated Ren Sinclair in about four minutes. As a result, Zaria now joined soul Ruka and Stephanie Vacker as three of the five women in the match at deadline. Earlier in the show, they played a social media post of Roxanne Perez on vacation at the beach when Ruca photo bombed her and ruined her day. So we had that. Zaria got the win in her match by hitting a spear and the F five Solid stuff again from Zario, who continues to look impressive in these short matches. Sinclair did get in some offense due in part to a distraction by the now clean shaven Charlie Dempsey. I don't know if I noticed that last week or not, but he has now shaved the mustache off. After a commercial break, Tony D'Angelo was in the trainer's room. Ava came in to see how he was doing. He began to yell at her. That brought in Eddie Thorpe to complain about the facts that all the tag teams were brawling around during his match earlier on and he wants that decision overturned. Ava cut him off to finish talking with Tony. She told Tony if he gets cleared, he can rustle spears for the title next week. That pissed off Eddie Thorpe, who said, well, if you can do that with his match, why can't you do something for me? Throws a tantrum and walked away. Influence then came down to the ring to cut a promo. Women's North American Champion Fallon Henley made an open challenge for next week. That led to lash legend in Jakara Jackson coming out to interrupt. They were followed by Nikita Lyons, Adriana Rizzo and the rest of the women's locker room. Everybody started to fight in the entrance way. That left Henley alone in the ring, which allowed Tatum Pasley to sneak in behind her. Pasley hit her move on her and then posed with the title belt. So it looks like we got Tatum Pasley as the next NXT Women's North American contender against Fallon Henley, which of course also is going to make Brian very very happy. Backstage, Carmen talked to a chante about their match. Nikita Lyons walked by and said him still waiting on that text back. Carmen got upset and stormed off as Ashanti yelled back that hey, I wasn't the one to texted her. Pre taped ethan page promo played. He said his path to regaining the NXT Championship begins with his iron Survivor Challenge Max next week. Backstage actually told Nathan Fraser that he is going to be the man that took on Page, that takes on Page, which didn't make Nathan Fraser very happy. Another vignette played for Chase You to set up the main event. Andre talking to the class which includes Duke Hudson, Theahal and Riley Osbourne. He got everybody all riled up and fired up, cutting a big old fired up promo and everybody in Chase You lost their minds and that led into the main event between Ridge Holland and Andre Chase number one Contenders match, when about twelve minutes, Ridge Holland got the victory and as a result, he is now the number one contender at the Trick Williams NXD title and Chase You how we know it will be no more. It has got to disband. Holland hit Chase with the Redeemer. He actually had to do it twice to get the victory, but he got the victory. Sad days for Chase You, sad days for me. The show's ending. We'll be back Rustling Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper Viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike simper Viv here with you to put a bow on this thing. Wrestling Observer Live, going to rush through the end. I don't know if you could tell that or not rushing through that NXT review to get it all in in one segment there at the end. It's a good show. It was there to move a bunch of stuff forward. It accomplished that goal. Chase You has got to continue. Maybe it goes on hiatus for a little bit, but it's got to continue. If you saw the show last night, you would have seen a bunch of people decked out and Chase You gear. That is because the crowd was told, hey, if you got Chase You gear wear. It made for a good aesthetic. I like that, and the vignettes they did were very good too, and Andre Chase in his role is fantastic. So I'm hoping this thing continues. Duke and THEA and Riley, they all came down to the ring at some point during the match. At one point after Holland had hit a Redeemer and looked like the match was over, Duke pulled the referee out of the wind out of the ring. Why that wasn't a DQ I have no idea. It doesn't matter. Chase ran wild toward the end, hit the Garvin stomp, got the near fall with a power bomb out of the corner, and he went up top for a falling body press, but Rich caught him, rolled through, hit the Redeemer, got the victory. That was that and his Chase. You was laid out, strewn out all over the floor. Duke laid out, Riley laid out, Fia laid out because Riley her out hitting a dive. A little bit earlier on, there was Andre Chase slumped in the corner looking like he was on the verge of tears, looking for the sympathy of that great crowd, and then they started to chant the hey, hey, hey goodbye song. Adam, Come on, man. See that's why there needs to be a performance center in Las Vegas too, So when these people do something like that, you can go and try to have the other performance center do what they're supposed to do. And that's boo. Be sad like I am. Right now that the show is over, I want to take all of you out there. I want to thank producer Dom. Hopefully Brian is back here tomorrow so we can talk to you again after a while. Bye bye.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network