Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe.
Speaker 2: Getty, Armstrong and gettet and now he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and get Getty not live from studio c Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: We're off for taking a break.
Speaker 4: Come on enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay. And as long as we're off traps, she'd like to catch up on podcasts. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand or one more thing.
Speaker 2: We think you'll enjoy it, sir, So are you raw dogging the air?
Speaker 3: This is kind of funny and interesting in a couple of different ways. So it says Taylor Lorenz human being that we've talked about before.
Speaker 5: She was a.
Speaker 3: Washington Post columnist that was so over the top and nuts they had to let her go from the Washington bo start did she quit? Whichever one it was, They couldn't be They couldn't work together anymore. First of all, she's super crazy, pro Hamas and everything like that, and wrote a column for the WAPO accusing Joe Biden to being a war criminal for supporting blah blah blah all back crap. Anyway, she's got a book out to talk about her days in journalism at the Washington Post and stuff that no one will ever read. And she had a book event over the weekend in which, uh, and as this will become clear in a second, she was super worried about COVID for some reason this book event. Oh and well, I'll just read this tweet first, She tweets out, planning a COVID safe book launch took months. Why did it even cross your mind? This is this is too, this is contemporary. This was two days ago. Planning a COVID safe book launch took months and thousands of my own dollars, ensuring, testing outdoor space, uv lights and a lit other precautions.
Speaker 4: Okay, how insane is that? I didn't want to steal your thunder in case that's where it's going. But her main what she's known for mostly am I still in your thunder? I don't know, is absolutely rabid enforcement of online especially never challenging the mainstream, especially during COVID. If you dared suggest there was a problem with knockdowns or vaccines, were she wanted you docked ruined deep platform, called out your career.
Speaker 3: Over She's a freaking lunatic. God, that is crazy. So you're launching your book, you spend thousands of your own dollars to make sure everybody gets tested, now really before they're allowed in the book thing u V lights whatever those are for, and a little of other precautions. Mean, awhile, you dumb f's, I'm glad I didn't actually say it. Meanwhile, you dumb f's are out there raw dogging the air and spewing your disease laden breath all over your elderly neighbors. Quote from Taylor Lorenz. Yeah, so that's where the phrase raw dogging the air comes from.
Speaker 2: Raw dogging the air. Lorenz claims that people who don't wear masks in public are quote raw dogging the air. Said this music out. That's usually a phrase I obscene.
Speaker 3: That's usually a phrase that means you're having sex without a condom.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I was right, it is cause I have seen Yeah. Yeah, yeah, you're you're raw dogging if you're having six, which is fine to me.
Speaker 4: It's also a viral TikTok trend where passengers on airplanes sit silently and without distractions on long flights. I like Putty and Seinfeldt I've never heard that one before anyway.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I know anybody this crazy about COVID, but I know some people that are still pretty damn masked up and won't shake hands and stuff like that currently, so they.
Speaker 2: Really need to be analyzed.
Speaker 3: Wow, you have an event and you make everybody get tested, masked and have special UV lights.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're an insane person. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she is mentally unbalanced, absolutely true, and just absolutely vicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a terrible human being.
Speaker 3: So if you hear that, that's making the rounds around social media, the raw dogging the air. It's very popular right now, since we're talking about COVID, should throw this out. You know old Cash Patel, who might be the director of the FBI. Last year, he was selling some sort of pills on a website and on his Twitter feed that were for reversing the vacs. If you want to cleanse your body of the COVID vaccine and worry about the damage it was doing to you and your children, you could take his pills to reverse any of the vaccines. Wow, whatever it was doing to.
Speaker 2: You, that's just stealing the money of the easily led suckers. That's just fraud. Wow. Well, yeah, that's fraud, merchant.
Speaker 4: You know what I should have asked for the clip from Special Report with Brett Beer last night, in which Trey Goudie, former federal prosecutor and a guy I really like, said, as against the Matt Gates nomination, as I was, I am for Cash Patel.
Speaker 2: I really think he will do a great job.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: That means a lot to me.
Speaker 4: Did he get into specifics, Well, yeah, he just thought Patel did an absolutely fantastic, smart, aggressive job in countering the Russian collusion hoax.
Speaker 2: Oh, we do have that clip, Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Michael worked elbow to elbow with Cash Patel for two years. You would not know the foundation or the funding of the Steel dossier. You would not know him about five abuse, You would not know about Fusion GPS had it not been for the hard work of a guy named Cash Patel. He is quite candidly the most unfairly maligned person that I worked with the entire eight years I was in Washington. So I know the left setting their hair on fire is because of what he found, not because of who he is. Because of what he found, you would not know about the fives of views.
Speaker 2: If it were not for cash till and his side hustle was selling steak oil that.
Speaker 3: I don't like that, But that's all I need to know, because Trey Goudy has pointed out, I mean, he was hardcore. Matt Gates shouldn't be attorney general hardcore correct. So it's not like he's, you know, going along with it or whatever Trump wants. No, if former prosecutor like that is on his side, that's all I need to know. Cool, glad to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Trey Goudy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Patel is clearly in that list of I said yesterday, I think it was that fifty percent of Trump's nominations were rock solid, about twenty five percent were surprising and intriguing, and twenty five percent or so or bat oop nuts And those are rough numbers obviously. Yeah, Patel's clearly in that intriguing category.
Speaker 3: And since we brought you the phrase raw dogging the air that you might come across, are you aware of the term anxiety, which apparently is popular right now with some studies out on which alcohol is the best to drink to avoid anxiety. I don't know if Joe has suffered from this over the Thanksgiving break. There are a couple of drinks that make it worse than others. Apparently, when you have a hangover and it makes you really, really anxious.
Speaker 4: Some boozeres do that in something does I just well, I don't know about that. I tend to think those distinctions. Alcohol is alcohoony, right exactly? Yeah, but yes, I actually I just happen to be reading about that.
Speaker 2: A guy quit drinking. He said.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons was is it increases the production of cortisol? Was it, which is a hormone that contributes to anxiety. Don't forgive me if that's the wrong hormone, but.
Speaker 2: So you wake up? I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Hungover and anxious, although the anxiety might be the where's my car?
Speaker 2: Or who is she? I mean, that will make you anxious, right, yeah? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 4: Or I feel terrible? Am I having a heart attack? Or you know, is something wrong with my brain? I'm very far or or.
Speaker 3: Now I got to get a new job. That'll make you anxious too, I said, what, Yeah, that'll will make you anxious, all right?
Speaker 2: Or how long are they gonna leave me in here before I get to see a lawyer? That'll make you anxious.
Speaker 4: I've told them three times I got to pee or are they gonna let me pee? Ang soty, Yes, okay, great, And I've become aware through a bit of research, very little research.
Speaker 2: That raw dogging, which is fun to say because of the assimilation, not assimilation, assonance and is what what am I looking for?
Speaker 4: Alliterations? Alliteration except it's assonance. Yeah, it's it's the vowel sound raw dogging, raw dog.
Speaker 2: It's fun to say. It can be a number of things. It originated as having unprotected sex. But like if you have the flu, you don't take any medication and you just gut it out, that's raw dogging the flu. I would use a multi purpose.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say to my kids, they have a headache, would you like some mighty be proken. I'm gonna say, oh so your raw dog and your headache. I'm not gonna say that. I'm not gonna use that in that way.
Speaker 2: Well you don't have to, but it is multi multi use, very fersatile.
Speaker 3: And then sitting on a plane and staring straight ahead that what he said.
Speaker 2: I guess it's evolved into just means dealing with something without any aid.
Speaker 3: First flight, I got on, had Life Story person in front of me, loud Life Story person. Oh, I didn't have any headphones or anything like that. I'm just gonna read.
Speaker 2: But just I just I'm always amazed.
Speaker 3: By that, the lack of self awareness for how loud you are or how much you're talking.
Speaker 2: Do you notice nobody else is talking. You've been talking for.
Speaker 3: An hour and nobody else has been talking. It doesn't seem odd to you in any way?
Speaker 2: Nope, it doesn't. How those people?
Speaker 3: How do you going through your whole life without without thinking, huh, there's a bunch of human beings here. We could either all not talk, or we could all talk equally, or I could talk the entire time while they listen. One of them seems odd. Yeah, it's impossible for me to imagine. And I think one of the reasons I'm reasonably good at this is I'm very self conscious about what I say, so.
Speaker 4: I tend to form it pretty carefully. I mean, somebody can say, Joe, what do you think? And I think is it appropriate for me to talk now? So I can't imagine somebody who's in that completely polar opposite headspace.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 3: And then along with the volume, just like so everybody in several roles can hear you night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when I got out of high school, that's when the fun really started.
Speaker 2: So I joined the military. I don't recall asking, sir, what the hell do you know anybody like that? And you have any explanation.
Speaker 3: I've been wondering about this my whole Life's.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Armstrong and Getty show them I'm getting shot apple.
Speaker 2: Pool and nothing.
Speaker 3: If you're a sports fan, here's the latest. If you're a baseball fan, particularly latest sensation. Are you into tugboat yet? I've read about tugboat two hundred and seventy pound baseball player, big fat guy, really really good, and apparently his YouTube videos are very popular. So if you're a baseball fan and you like oddities, it's not like a bearded woman or something, but it is a bigger guy usually.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: Wow, that that sounded transphobic to me. So back to this tugboat guy. Though he's you know, he's at a low level of a minor league ball at this point, lowish, but he strikes out more than half the batters he faces. It's his numbers are astonishing. I'm intrigued. I want to watch one of his games.
Speaker 3: By the way, Ryan Gosling and mikey Day of Saturday Night Live are reprising their Beavis and butt Head act. It has become very popular. If you saw that sketch on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: So they're making the rounds doing that, including at the premiere of his latest film. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't somebody making a movie that will feature those two as Beevis and but Hit.
Speaker 2: It was pretty damned funny. But I wanted to get to this.
Speaker 3: The New York Times had this article over the weekend that I read because I'm always wondering about this, and this is a classic the food expiration dates. You should actually follow. This comes up all the time. The first thing you should know, said the New York Times. The dates, as we know them have nothing to do with safety.
Speaker 2: I have thank you.
Speaker 3: I have been involved with people in my life at various points who followed these religiously, as if they were God's own word. And if you were anywhere near the date, let alone past it, obviously that is something you shouldn't eat.
Speaker 2: It's not even based on safety.
Speaker 3: According to the US Department of Agriculture, it's completely voluntary for all products except for baby food. It's completely voluntary, and so there are no rules around it whatsoever. And it's got nothing to do with safety. And it's solely based on the manufacturer's best guess as to when the product will not be at peak quality, whatever that means. And of course there is a financial incentive to imply that this isn't safe to eat it after a certain date, so you'll buy another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, throw it out and go to the store and buy another one. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So it goes through in the New York Times some of the things that never go bad. White flour never goes bad.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: It never goes bad? Keep that around forever? Talks about bread. I struggle with this. So I've been trying to eat more healthier bread. You know, I've been a wonderbread guy my whole life. There's not a lot of nutrition in wonderbread. It's a child's bread, but it does stay soft and edible for a very long time. And as it talks here, a lot of those breads like I get wonderbread. You've got like a full week probably on that loaf where you get fresh bread from your bakery, which is so good, you know, an hour after it was baked to stale the next day. So well is the wonders of chemistry. So when you buy the fresh bread, which is delicious, you sit and eat it all one one afternoon or all.
Speaker 2: In one sitting. That's right. I just eat it and eat it and eat it. Yeah, spices last forever.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't remember ever looking at the expiration date on my salt or pepper, and.
Speaker 4: Do not discover the joys of the plastic bag. It keeps spread fresh for days days, and tastes.
Speaker 2: I always feel like.
Speaker 3: It gets too moist you put in a plastic bag, it gets like gooey.
Speaker 2: I don't like that, like like real bread. Yeah no, no, why does that happen to me? I don't know. I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: I mean, I tend to eat like rye and pumpernickel and grown man's breads. Seven grain is my favorite. Nos, it got six grain maybe in.
Speaker 2: A pinch seven that's what I require.
Speaker 3: I actually hate both of those. I would I would not eat a sandwich. I would take the bread off if it had rye bread on it or no. Grow What an odd character you are anyway? Yeah, they last for a week, week and half at least. Yeah, they last.
Speaker 2: Util them.
Speaker 3: Don't eat canned goods. Hard goods last for years.
Speaker 4: If I've met old tea leaking, it's fine, go ahead and eat them.
Speaker 3: Rusty smells weird. Don't worry about it. Now, that's not what they said. As long as the can or jar is not touched in any way or it doesn't look damage to last forever. Mustards last forever. My yellow French is mustard that I get to go with my wonderbread lasts forever.
Speaker 4: Would you know I'm going to write a song about mustard today after the show Mustards Last Forever.
Speaker 2: I'm a man who enjoys mustard. I have no less than ten different mustards in my refrigerator. I eat them gleefully on rye bread. It's your pinky in the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, disgusting, because made you have any gray popon?
Speaker 3: I do, really, I've never even, of course, tasted gray popon. I don't even actually know what it is. I've only heard about it in advertisements. And then finally, milk I wanted to get to that, just because that's when we worry about lot, especially if you have kids. We've all accidentally poured some clumpy, spoiled milk into our cereal holes. I have done. It is one of the worst smells on earth. That's like nature's own protective mechanism, right, It's letting our brains know this is not good. Don't eat it. It can seem like your milk is perfectly fine until it's suddenly not.
Speaker 2: How does it go bad overnight? The truth is it doesn't.
Speaker 3: From the moment you open a carton of milk, bacteria starts to digest lactose and produce acidic byproducts. Anyway, if you want your milk to last longer, look for ultra high temperature or UHT labeled on the milk. I've never looked for that before, but some milks have it and some don't. Milk and these cartons have been pasteurized at a high temperature, hot enough to destroy destroy all the bacteria and then in there and they last a lot longer. I will start looking for that today because I feel like my milk goes bad fast.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the same as ultra pasteurized. I guess I've seen that label. You know whose milk is sucky?
Speaker 3: I won't mention a particular place, but like a lot of convenience store milk, I don't know how what they do on the trucks.
Speaker 4: But out you were talking about a particular mother in your neighborhood or something.
Speaker 2: Do you know whose milk is quote unquote sucky? It's terrible? All right?
Speaker 3: Who's what milk from a convenience story, it's it won't last like a day if it's any good at all. I don't know if the truck's sit there and get hot. But yeah, anytime I buy milk at a convenience store, I have I have bad, bad luck with it. I don't think they see keep it cold all the way through like they do.
Speaker 2: At the grocery stores. Yeah, I wonder. Oh they're in the same fridge as the beer and the PEPSI that might be my least favorite smell slash taste is spoiled milk.
Speaker 1: Ugh Armstrong, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: I love this from Andrew Styles the Definitive List of winners and losers the twenty twenty four election, and actually, much as I love andrewing it, to Quipple with his opening, he says, the election's over. Donald Trump and the Republicans, excuse me, want a stunning and decide of victory. I would say Donald Trump won a stunning in decisive victory. The Senate performed very very well, and the House scraped.
Speaker 2: By for the Republicans. Yeah, mentioned certified government mentioned this earlier.
Speaker 3: I hadn't thought about it until I heard a Democrat pointed out, how can you call it a wave if you're going to have like a three seat majority in the House of Representatives, that ain't much of a wave. I mean, when Obama won, he had like an eighty seat majority.
Speaker 2: It's an indy bitty wave. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But anyway, winners and losers. Winner diversity, actual diversity. All sorts of different people voted for Trump and got out of their electoral pens that the Democrat had told them they ought to stay in the Democrats rather, with the exception of seniors and college educated white women. Huzzah, Trump improved his margins in every group. Winner Hillary Clinton no longer the only Democrat to lose to Trump.
Speaker 2: Winner.
Speaker 4: Mental health professionals about to make a fortune treating the emotional breakdowns of college educated white women and deranged liberals and journalists who base their entire personalities on hating Trump.
Speaker 2: And his Wow, what a way to live your life.
Speaker 4: All the same people who are cutting off friends and loved ones who care about them deeply as a human being because they because they've bought I think the most hyperbolic and ridiculous stuff about the politics.
Speaker 3: Spend Thanksgiving alone and in the comfort of knowing at least you're not hanging around with Trump voters.
Speaker 2: You weirdo are evil, That's right. Another winner Dean Phillips.
Speaker 4: Only Democrat with the balls to run against Biden in the Democratic primary and say he's too old.
Speaker 2: He was mocked and ridiculed at the time.
Speaker 3: Oh Man in the Democratic Party cut his legs out from underneath him, made it impossible for him to get anywhere. And he was a one hundred percent right it turns.
Speaker 2: Out, and telling the truth. Yeah, he's not welcome in politics. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another winner Josh Shapiro. He dodged the bullet of being a hitched to Kamala Harris's w right. He looks smart for not taking the job, which he probably didn't want anyway, we've already forgotten the name of the guy she did pick the guy in the camo had who pranced around and lied about China.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's his face? Tap on? How about his weird five minutes of fame? That'll never I mean, it'll be a trivia question.
Speaker 4: Please, let's begin laughing at the laughing stock. Jeff Bezos the whole temper tantrum, saying we got to be a reporter of news, not an opinion machine. Tony Hitchcliff and garbage. He goes into how that was like the final week closing argument, look at this monster Trump mounted to nothing, didn't amount to a pile of garbage in terms of electoral effect, right, yes, go ahead that.
Speaker 3: Remember we were counting the days it had, like five days of legs. That Puerto Rico joke as being one of the lead stories. What a stupid decision from the media who was hell bent on bringing down Trump. You thought that was your best argument. That comedian's joke apparently didn't work.
Speaker 4: Why because they see everything through the lens of identity politics. So this looked like an enormous faux paw and a great break bet to beat Trump with the rest of us normal people, including plenty of Democrats and lefties, as many of whom are listening right now. They're like, yeah, I can't afford my groceries. I don't care what some obscure comedians said about Puerto Rico alts the new media alternative meetia, including ourselves big winners in the election, Sonny Hostin and the other ladies of the view for sinking the Harris campaign with the what would you do differently than Biden? There is not a thing that comes to mind, Harris said, in a breathtaking display of unpreparedness.
Speaker 2: Is Sonny Hosten a lock for Journalist of the Year?
Speaker 3: Well, as she has come out and said she was shocked to that answer. So she was trying to throw Kamala a life preserver because she had flubbed the answer the day before, and instead of the life preserver she threw a cinder block that took her under the water.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, well, said another winter women. Trump's victory Russia in a golden era of women's rights, in spite of the muling and screeching of the college educated white women of a certain age, his chief of staff, Susie Wiles, would be the first woman to hold a job. It'll soon be safe to play sports again. Women can say Merry Christmas and be attractive without getting publicly shamed, etcetera.
Speaker 3: So wonder you're gonna learn, ladies America does not want a female president.
Speaker 2: I think that's they'll take away.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that was an attempt, and I emphasize attempt at humor, ladies, and I apologize for it.
Speaker 2: Scott jameson Great on the Yeah.
Speaker 3: I heard somebody say the other day, how about try something different than pantsuits? Two pantsuit ladies who bring in effeminate men to be their underlings, try something different?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Uh, Margaret thatcher or dresses didn't she I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't care what they wear, wear anything at and wear nothing.
Speaker 4: Scott Jennings Great on CNN, Very reasonable, smart conservative, Mark Halperin, who's independent reporting in sober analysis, much of which you heard mentioned here on The Armstrong and Getty Show is vastly superior and more informative than the mainstream media is hackish, hyperventilating, another example of new media just whooping the old.
Speaker 2: Then some other obscure stuff.
Speaker 3: The pig reel winner, the pant suit thing is actually interesting, and I learned this from listening to Sarah I isiger in the Dispatch. I hadn't known about level one, level two, level three feminism, but like level two feminism or whatever, maybe one was the pants suit. It's like, see, we can be just like men. We've got our version of suits and here we are in the workplace. And then like the next level of feminism, No, I can dress like kind of hot, like a woman likes two sometimes in a skirt and high heels, and also be effective. And I think that would be helpful to get away from that old level of pants suit thingy. I think there is sort of a subliminal thing going on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to free you by demanding you adhere to our stereotypes and our orders. You will work outside the home. You will turn your nose up at raising children and being the leader of the family. You will make money for a corporation, and you will wear pants.
Speaker 2: In the name of freedom, right right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Level threes where whatever you want, do whatever you want, and I tell you what that's And I don't know if there's a name for guys like I'll just speak for myself, who are like women can do whatever they want and achieve whatever they want, and who the hell am I to tell them that it's more satisfying to make another half of a percent for your corporation as opposed to raising children and being the actual functional chief operating officer as a family.
Speaker 2: You do what you want. I trust you to make the decision.
Speaker 4: I don't believe in browbeating people to conform to some sort of, you know, prefab image of.
Speaker 2: What they ought to be.
Speaker 4: I find it disgusting no matter what you know label it puts on itself. We're going over the winners and losers from the recent election. Loser number one, Come on, Joe Biden. The experts told us sleepy Joe would be the most consequential president since FDR.
Speaker 2: When he dropped out in July.
Speaker 4: Those same experts compared Biden to George Washington, praising his selfless act as political courage.
Speaker 2: He will not be remembered that way now.
Speaker 4: In reality, Biden's decision to run for reelection rights Andrew Styles will be remembered as one of the most reckless acts of political hubris and American history. His selection of Kamala Harris as a running mate in twenty twenty, his decision to immediately endorse her also regarded as monumental blunders. This is the legacy Biden deserves.
Speaker 3: They met Trump and Biden met for two hours yesterday.
Speaker 2: I find that pretty interesting alone. What were they talking about?
Speaker 3: Trump says they talked a lot about Ukraine and talked a lot about Israel. But two hours, that's a pretty serious conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely, I have no doubt. I'm glad to hear it. Honestly.
Speaker 4: Another loser, of course, Tim Walltz oh right, the camo hat guy who around pranced around on stage and lied constantly about China and other weird things. He was supposed to help the Hair's campaign appeal to men. He pretended to go pheasant hunting, cackled with the ladies of the U, and played video games with AOC.
Speaker 2: He said Republicans were weird. Trump won mail voters by thirteen.
Speaker 3: Points, right, And obviously, if you're going to pick somebody out of the whole crowd, that was weird. He was almost certainly the weirdest.
Speaker 2: And I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 4: Another losers, other losers, the Obamas, and you know, he talked about various things, but they tried to shame black men into voting for Kamala scolding the brothers for hating women.
Speaker 2: Oh, go away, please go away.
Speaker 4: Other losers Alex Sorosho, the son of billionaire George Soros, who funneled hundreds of million dollars of dollars into the Democrats in twenty twenty four, hanging out with him at elite conferences, inviting them to his swanky Manhattan pad, et cetera. And some other people you've never heard of. The mainstream media journalists are the worst. They scolded the American people for feeling stressed about the economy and thinking, but Biden was too old to run for reelection. They still don't understand why no one trusts them or takes them seriously. They try to put their thumbs on the scale for Harris, but it made no difference due to their rapidly diminishing credibility and relevance. They will learn nothing and carry on into the void.
Speaker 3: Speaking of spending money, did you see that Kamala Harris's campaign gave Al Sharpton a half a million dollars five hundred thousand dollars they gave to Kamala before he did the glowing interview with her. Wow, what kind of shakedown is that? And I can't believe that they play that game with Al freaking Sharpton. You gave him a half a million dollars so he do a softball interview with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, more losers, the Lincoln Project go away, shameless griff. There's criminals, terrorists in Iran. Not even Ben Rhodes can save you. Now, losers.
Speaker 3: That Al Sharpton thing pisses me off because that interview got a fair amount of play in mainstream media because she was addressing, you know, all the black community and all.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't do the interview unless he got a half a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, can we have some sort of giant statement from you know, the black folks in America, fabulous loyal Americans who disavow the very concept of Al Sharpton being a spokesperson for anybody.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 2: This is interesting and not terribly shocking. Well, I guess when you get down.
Speaker 4: To the the granular detail, it is fairly shocking. But Americans are more reliant than ever on government aid. An aging population, economic distress raised dependence on federal and state support, and it matters a hell of a lot for our elections. As you might guess Wall Street Journal looking into a major study. This is little graphics heavy, but I can interpret it for you. They're talking about the share of personal income from government assistance. How in how many counties is it twenty five percent or more? In nineteen seventy, government safety net money accounted for significant income. That's more than twenty five percent. Twenty five percent or more in fewer than one percent of America's counties.
Speaker 2: So say that again, in what year?
Speaker 4: In nineteen seventy it was less than one percent? Okay, in two thousand it went from less than one percent to roughly ten percent. That's the year twenty ten percent, which a tenfold increase is not minor. In the year twenty twenty two, fifty three percent, more than half of US counties drew at least a quarter of their income from government aid.
Speaker 3: So this is we were talking about this last week, and now that it's the average person in the bottom quintile. I know this is a lot of complicated talking, but the bottom twenty percent of income earners in America get on average sixty eight thousand dollars per household of transfer payments, and that's left out of every argument about we have the.
Speaker 2: Highest inequality of any nation in the world.
Speaker 3: They never include this stuff and what you just talked about there, that's never included in these conversations from Bernie Sanders or probably Tim Walls tonight in the debate. People live in paycheck to paycheck. Well, more people are getting the handouts from the government than ever before.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 4: And as we've discussed with Craig the healthcare Guru, socialism is not a light switch. It's a it's a fungus oh that spreads across a country, and it's programmed benefits and yeah, yeah, sure, there's just no stopping it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the big reasons for this dramatic growth are interesting. Some of them I think most conservatives would jacked out of hand. But it gets a little complicated when you dig into it. There are much larger share of Americans who are seniors. Period, We're living longer, and we've aged as a population, we're not having kids anymore. And healthcare raw, sorry, healthcare costs have risen fairly dramatically as they've gotten more fantastic. The technology we have at our disposal to keep ourselves healthy and alive is truly awe inspiring.
Speaker 2: But it costs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And as my doctor said last week, what exactly is the point? Sometimes he wonders, is would you get You know, our brains don't work, our bodies don't work, but we hang around longer at a great expense.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, it could be the money is the point in at least some situations. Although it's I understand it's an odd conundrum that a person could sit around rubbing their chin thinking about for a long time. You're not going to turn down medical advances because it's every advance is an incremental step. It can lead toward other advances or cures or what have you. But at the same time you and your doctor are quite right, Hey, good news, we can keep alzheimer suffering Granny alive for one more year. We can stave off for cancer with this new gene therapy. Blah blah blah. What are we doing here anyway? To get back to the major thread of the thing, AROUNI here At the same time, many communities, so it's the aging and the development of medical technology number one. At the same time, any communities have suffered from economic client because of the challenges including the loss of manufacturing, leaving government money is the larger share of people's income in such places. You know, I could bore you to death. I won't because I do this for a living and kind of enjoy getting the paycheck. But one of the big debates in conservative circles these days is the question of the reagan Esque free trade global economy conservatives versus what's being called the new conservatism or whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To call it.
Speaker 3: And everybody's always government conservatism. Some people call it, yeah, industrial planning, you know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people even call it central planning what have you, and are bellowing at each other about it, as if the solutions and the questions and answers are very simple. They're not at all. They're trillions of dollars at sake. So I understand why the people making lots and lots of money want to keep that money flowing. They don't care how much unemployment there is in rural Pennsylvania, for instance. At the same time, oh oh, and the other point I was going to make on the side of the new.
Speaker 2: Conservatives.
Speaker 4: Back in Reagan's day, we didn't have the situation where our chief global adversary is our one of our chief trading partners, technology partners, and practically indispensable to the world economy. So if you are pitching free global trade of a reaganesque sort, your pitching continued interaction slash dependence with China, which is just a bad idea. Times have changed, the arguments have to change too, So I have sympathy with both sides, but it is not simple. So for its analysis of government spending, EIG, which is the folks doing the analysis, used a government definition of income that includes spending on programs Americans pay into, such as Medicare and Social Security. Another major government health program, Medicaid, is counted. The analysis also includes unemployment insurance, food stamps, the Earned Income Tax credit, veterans benefits, PELL grants, COVID era payments, and other income supports. States helped pay for some of these programs, like Medicaid, but the federal government covers roughly seven seventy percent of the cost, and it doesn't include other ways government spending floods into corners of America, such as farm subsidies or military bases. So this spending accounts for big and growing share of not only the income of the nation, but also our national debt. We are addicted to government spending slash social programs as a country.
Speaker 3: There's no weaning off that either. I don't believe you know backwards. I don't think it's possible, but you do have.
Speaker 4: To be honest about the dollars and cents coming and going, and we're headed for a cliff.
Speaker 3: So we went from one percent nineteen seventy to over half now correct.
Speaker 2: Believable.
Speaker 3: Not very many people could tell you that Armstrong and Getty