Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you want your way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim, and give us time and a termino and gay.
Speaker 3: We want to send you off inside.
Speaker 1: We wanna welcome you back home. Tell us all about it? Re scared her?
Speaker 4: Was it fine? Malborn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do your need you ride?
Speaker 1: Ride with Karen and Chris?
Speaker 3: Welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And this is Karen Kilgareth, Karen? Are you Are you okay? Out there?
Speaker 3: It's rain so much We're not used to it.
Speaker 1: Rivers and streams, creeks overflowing.
Speaker 2: I'm currently in a hollowed out refrigerator paddling. I was just in Houston, where famously they get torrential downpours like I when I lived in Texas, I did not. I was not prepared for rain drops the size of a child's fist, and they just the flooding. I one time was doing laundry and looked out the window and the ceiling to floor windows.
Speaker 3: We're just showing the out of doors.
Speaker 2: Like an aquarium, just four feet of water, things floating, old tires and brochures. And I watched my car just float out of the laundromat parking lot and kind of rind of gracefully stop in the street. Then all the water drained away and everyone drove off. I was like, Oh, this is just how it is in Texas. And then I right when I landed here, it was raining like that. I've never seen that in Los Angeles in the twenty years i've lived here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear, it's been insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm up floating.
Speaker 1: I'm wrapping norcl I know the floating car thing and the mud thing happened near my house in LA. But I'm up here in nor Call where we got the beginning of this atmospheric river, and it has been raining pretty much NonStop for like eleven days, pouring, storming. By the way, we're talking about the weather. Yeah, I know. Sorry.
Speaker 2: When it's at this level, it's all of a sudden exciting like the movie Twister.
Speaker 1: It can't be denied. When there's cows flying by your window, right, and a tracker and Bill Paxton and Bill Paxton making funny, hilarious jokes but up here, like five miles away in this town, Nacossio. I believe it was Nicassio. The winds were one hundred miles an hour one night, so it's like they were calling it the bomb cyclone. It was seriously storming, and there was a night where me and my dad are sitting there watching Jack Reacher, of course, and it's felt like the windows were going to blow in, like into us movie style. But my dad, of course, relatively incredibly hard of hearing, so we were not having the same experience. He's like, every time Jack Reacher would like cold cock somebody on the sidewalk, my Dad'd be like, oh, look at this guy. And meanwhile, I'm like, we're going to die of wind tonight in this room. It was truly scary.
Speaker 2: See are you comforted at all by the fact that your dad was a fireman for forty five years?
Speaker 1: Yes? Well, because you know what's funny. He told a story, Like anytime something happens in a movie or on the news or whatever, he'll turn and have a story. We'll ago one time we we got a call and I go in there and it's this old guy and he talks. He'll tell us the story of some you know, incredible call that he went on, but he often talks through the beginning of the conversation he has, Oh, this one was there was it was an executive in Wells Fargo that they had to go up to this he goes. It's beautiful office. And I go and I'm like, hey, how's it going? And I'm like, can you imagine if you were having a heart attack or a stroke and it's my dad walking up like like like, hey, what's up? It's like beautiful office. I think it would be calming. I hope it would be calming, And I think it's nice to know he would know. But vanes to press down on so I don't immediately bleed.
Speaker 2: Out when the windows implode while watching Jack Reacher.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and probably in slow motion, because that if glass is gonna fly, it'd better be in slow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like oh, like backdraft. That had to be scarier than where you live then. I mean you're in the mountains. There's muddy rivers and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, are you talking about where you're at nor Cow versus so Cow. Yeah, Yeah, I'm still here. I'm still at my dad's house.
Speaker 3: And it had to have been scarier. But on the news.
Speaker 2: I was worried about you because a neighbor they they were in your neighborhood, like shoveling.
Speaker 1: Mud out of driveways. Yes, swear it looked like you're straight.
Speaker 2: And then they interviewed this lady and I hope she lives near you, because she was like, I mean I prayed for rain. I feel somewhat responsible because I prayed for this rain, but then I prayed for it to please please stop.
Speaker 1: And it did. And they put that on the news and I'm like, oh, this is the power of prayer.
Speaker 2: Please be at Karen's next party. She yeah, she was really good at praying.
Speaker 1: She's inundating all of us. No, I've been I haven't gotten any of this La Atmospheric river because I've been up in Norcow this whole time.
Speaker 2: Well, I could talk about it all day, but I think we should see what our guest has to say about, specifically the weather. Don't worry, We're not changing the subject this topic.
Speaker 1: The theme of this episode will be weather of any kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drive time style, that's right. You know our next guest from clubs and colleges throughout the country.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: She's a previous Din our guest and one of our favorites, and I mean that entirely. Everyone put your ears together for Aaron Foley.
Speaker 1: Yes, god rivening weather.
Speaker 4: I was like ready to jump in.
Speaker 2: Did you hear the part about the one hundred mile hour when and the mud?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if you had the pleasure of meeting my mother, Mary Agnes Foley, but she's been obsessed with the weather since her birth year, late thirties, late nineteen thirties, and I feel like she needs to. My dad passed, Karen. I think maybe your dad and my mom should join forces and they can just they both can't hear, and they can just watch Jack Reacher together and talk about the weather. That's what I've been plotting.
Speaker 1: Be in general denial, withholding and repressing all of their Irish Catholic feelings. Yeah, to get put together but together. Yeah, I'm sorry about your dad. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's okay. It was just, you know, lung cancer during COVID.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we the winds and the mud, the winds get back the mud and the important and it was like La was experiencing a cancer of its own and from the scot.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Sky cancer. I do sorry real quick. Years ago, you know how it used to rain once every seven years and everyone would lose their mind and it was just the funniest thing. This isn't funny, but I mean, now today's weather isn't funny. But I was at the bank when you'd go into the bank, you know, and this woman was super agitated and she's like, this rain, this right, just like just shouting out in the bank line, and she goes, I didn't sign up for this, And that used to make me laugh so hard. I didn't sign up for this, really weather, you mean weather just one rain a year.
Speaker 3: I didn't pray for this. I love it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I love people that was back in this cycles of it would pour rain, there would be month slides in Malibu, and then we'd wait for the fires to begin. And that used to be the old weather cycle that we all were like, Okay, this is what it's like down here. Those are our seasons, yes, fire and mud river, fire in mud. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was delighted by it, and I drove. I thought, now is a good time when it was most torrentially coming down to go buy new wiper blades because I'm going to need them. I don't know why I was excited to experience rain in La. I like, we have a serious drought, but I did not know. I was just going to the nearest auto zone to get in the zone.
Speaker 3: That I would actually see that.
Speaker 2: I saw a car like one of those BMW's that's like an exotic. I don't know if they're electric, but they have a lot of blue. It looks like a car from the movie Tron. This guy just gunned it into three feet of water and I watched him just float until the wheels touched.
Speaker 3: And then he drove off. And I'm like, that was the most surreal thing, just on Alvarado, just in town.
Speaker 1: A floating car. What are you James bond I said, Well, because the one thing people in La aren't going to give up no matter what is coming out of the sky or flowing down the street, is driving like assholes. So it's like, doesn't matter if there's if mud is coming toward them, they're going to cut it off. Yeah right, It's like that's that's who.
Speaker 4: We are as La drivers, as a city, just dodging palm bark in headshots. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Not using our blinkers.
Speaker 4: Nope, just going fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, no one new to Just like if you're in deep water, just maintain some sort of.
Speaker 1: If you go too slow, you get stuck.
Speaker 3: If you go too faster, your bumper rips off.
Speaker 2: Everyone was doing one or the other, going slow and getting stuck or driving so fast. But it was fun people watching until I realized I was putting myself in danger and I I've been indoors ever since.
Speaker 3: But I did get those wiper blades on.
Speaker 1: If you want a nice ending to the story, did you have to put them on yourself? Or did some nice person that worked at AutoZone come out to the parking lot.
Speaker 2: No, they were freaking out about the oh no, oh, I didn't wear my rubbers like they're worried about walking to their cars. I literally drove there with a headlamp on my head and I put them on in the rain, and I had to open the directions to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Did you not have headlights or was this just something you.
Speaker 1: Wanted to try, you know, covering over the hood.
Speaker 3: I had to get the blades into the Oh.
Speaker 4: I thought you were driving with a headlamp.
Speaker 2: And the headlamp was for future when I knew that in the parking lot, I do everything at the AutoZone parking lot.
Speaker 3: I'll change my oil.
Speaker 2: They hate me there, and I put on my wiper blades in the rain, and I'm not kidding that. I enjoyed the rain. And I know people lost houses. I just remembered it was bad for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: So I'm not right. There's always a bad side to fun, yeah, I know always. I love my street river. I parked in it. I took close up videos.
Speaker 2: I just rain is important for any semblance of a seasonal anything in this seventy five degree all year around, beautiful round the clock.
Speaker 1: Where have the last twenty years gone, because I don't know what day it is, Aaron. How they feel about you at AutoZone? Do they love you? Do they hate you? What do you bring to the when you the idea that people hate Chris at AutoZone is hilarious.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we all we all know we've known Chris for a long time, and most people are like, he's an asshole, you know, And so I get the AutoZone, you know, I get their side. I've always been like, he's got a temper issue, he's I'm kidding people.
Speaker 2: He's one of my favorite you know what I actually do, especially when it comes to cars. But you know me as a nice person, so I shouldn't have even said that.
Speaker 3: But I am out there.
Speaker 4: Razing just around cars.
Speaker 1: Come out, fucking help me.
Speaker 3: I'm always yelling, pounding on the window.
Speaker 1: Cars and golf. Yeah there's also golf anger issue.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, that's to this thing where you go, I should learn more about my car, you know, Like I say that, I've said that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Let's say I've been in LA almost sixteen years. I don't give a shit about cars. I don't care what I drive. I don't like I just and I had a bad auto AutoZone Jiffy Lube experience in the first, like the second year in LA. I was driving like a used car. And I'm not going to go into it because literally it was like it's like a joke I did on stage. But the woman basically on a loud speaker, was like, you know, I think it was like a ninety seven Corolla one hundred and eighty thousand miles like I was, and it was like beamers and I just was like demoralized. I was like, you guys, are all doing the miles yelling, just yelling like it was a common There was two people in a small waiting room. You know, it was that bad, you know where I was like, am I on a candy camera?
Speaker 1: And then they sold you an air filter you didn't need for eighty dollars air filter?
Speaker 4: Shit. I just got like, you know, bend over and I was like and then I said, oh, yeah, it's a lot of miles. She's like, oh, you're at it's you know, half life. You can get three hundred thousand miles. I just was like, get me. Like it was so demoralizing that I was like, I'm just gonna never go back to an AutoZone or a like they just I think with women too, like that's when I'm like I need to learn more stuff. They go in and they just assume like you don't know anything, and I do, like I needed a hubcap, you know, Like I'm like, I don't forget, I don't know. But there is the other side is like you can I hate to be this like type. I'm not this type of woman, but it is kind of you know, you go, oh, could you do you think you could put that on for me? You know, like you have those moments where you're like, well, I get paid a you know, a dollar or five, so go put the hub caps on, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm not afraid to ask, but I am afraid to look like I like watch YouTube or at Google things, so I know what I'm talking about before I go in. I rehearse them in the parking lot. I paste back and forth.
Speaker 3: I'm like uh, and.
Speaker 2: Then I'm meant and then I'm like, yeah, I need some some rotors for my calipers are good, but you know the drums, the brakes, Like I learned the words before.
Speaker 1: Actually listing off turn. Yeah, it's like, what are you saying? Axel? Axel? I guess there's a battery seats. Of course, let's just list all the parts of a car.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm just trying to remember what I need from you, and so I have a list here of every part on my car Buyer.
Speaker 4: I keep stepping on the glove compartment and I'm hearing this noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or do you guys call that a jockey box around here?
Speaker 3: You got your glove compartment, guys, you got.
Speaker 1: Your jockey box? Guys? Where are you at Augoso?
Speaker 2: Because that Kraigan they're like jockey box, this jockey by, like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What are you a horse?
Speaker 2: Ride?
Speaker 1: Little men? Ride horses. The last time I was at a I think it was an AutoZone, the one on the on the bridge going over the five before you get into downtown Burbank, but so AutoZone, that one could have been an oh oh oh oh. I'm sorry, but there's a live record.
Speaker 2: There's a reunion that was like part of a corporate retreat for those folks, and the original recording artist came in and and performed that song and it brought a tear to my eye and I'm not kidding, And it was this, it was this were you doing?
Speaker 1: It was this year? Why are you there? I saw it on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I was like, are you why?
Speaker 1: I haven't been anywhere. Everything I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Is this an intervention Karen and we try get Chris out of AutoZone conference.
Speaker 2: Everything I'm talking about, it's something I watched on my phone.
Speaker 1: I did not drive in the rain. Those were all videos I watched. So it's like it's at a Hilton. It's at a garden Hilton, and it's in the conference room and some woman comes in and goes, oh, oh, oh, oh, Reilly, you're telling me that happened.
Speaker 2: And then the dude comes in because it's his only part where he goes auto parts, and then she goes, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, yea, I will send it to you. It is, and they're like, thank you so much. Now we're going to do the AutoZone theme and they just do all repair plays. Is why they were there.
Speaker 2: And this song was a little longer than in the radio commercials.
Speaker 4: But I'm surprised one of us wasn't performing at this gig. Yeah, for real, it sounds, doesn't It sound like a hell gig that you like sit around after a show and you're like.
Speaker 1: Well, I did the O'Reilly far cofer.
Speaker 3: I gotta do something. I'm scared to go on a cruise ship.
Speaker 1: You have to like you have to pass the mic at the end of your like And that was the mayor, ladies and gentlemen. It's been so great performing for you this evening. But right now we have a very special treat. It's Dan and Joanne, that's right, the people who's seeing the O'Reilly Autumn Arts Team. Yeah, get out.
Speaker 2: Here, guys, and we're going to bring out the sick kids. But I interrupt, what what did you see at the uh?
Speaker 1: Oh? I was just gonna say, now I'm talking into a second mic. I know.
Speaker 3: I notice you've been doing that because.
Speaker 1: I really love There's AutoZone my niece. When my niece was like little in a car seat, like three or four, she listened to the radio so much because she and my sister were in the car together so much that any we'd be listening to the radio and then a jingle would come on when a commercial would come on, and she would sing the jingle like word for word, and it was super creepy because she was very little, so it would just be like.
Speaker 5: Mattress Discounters from the backseat and from like a three year old, and she it was so funny, like I would cry laughing, and she knew every word to every jingle and it was my favorite.
Speaker 1: That wasn't my story. The point I was going to say is the last time I was in that AutoZone slash O'Reilly, We're not sure? Over in Burbank, I had to get a tire replaced, and so I had to go wait in the little waiting room that they have for people getting tires that literally smells like they're piping in tire smell. It is the most unpleasant. And I know I'm a little sensitive about my smells, but it was like being inside a tire waiting for your tire to get replaced. And I was like, I can't take it in here, and I'm if I leave, they're going to call my number and I'll be somewhere weird, so I have to stay. But it was the most unpleasant, worst smelling room. Uh, probably in Burbank.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was high er smell, really was. It's bad for you. It's the worst thing ever. It's rubber, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: As much as I love I used to purposefully spray my hands with gasoline so I could drive around and smell the gas.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was that's borderline huffing.
Speaker 4: It, but maybe for some reason maybe, yeah, that's probably it was.
Speaker 1: Just on my fingers.
Speaker 2: I didn't always have a paper bag with my fist in there.
Speaker 4: Just dip your hand in the gay right now?
Speaker 1: Can I a huffing question? And you guys will know when you huff gas? Aaron, do you hallucinate? What's the you get high? Like lightheaded? But does does anything else happen in a drug experience way.
Speaker 4: That that is some strangers.
Speaker 1: Oh, go straight to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just one huff. Your pants are off. Yeah, so I've heard, so, I've heard.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm just talk. No, absolutely not no small talk. It's just because it only lasts so long, right, so you can only you have a small window to make a real bad decision, okay, oral good decision.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you never know when you're gonna meet your person.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 4: Let's see, every day is a gift.
Speaker 2: Every day is a gift I've been, especially in the new year. Huff, drop your huff and drop. Wherever you are, you might find that person of your dreams.
Speaker 1: Huff and drop. Oiley behind the auto parts auto pants drop, Sorry, those pants drop automatically.
Speaker 3: Remember fdic Chris.
Speaker 1: Chris watched an O'Reilly conference where the singers came out and sang the song that really happened, and I think we skipped over that too quickly absorb it. I didn't watch the whole conference.
Speaker 2: Someone clipped out the peak moment, which was Bob and Judy coming out and doing their hit.
Speaker 4: Now, did like YouTube suggest this based on other videos that you were watching.
Speaker 2: I think that it was a clip that I was scron through TikTok, where you take a lot in If I like something, I then search for more information on YouTube. Oh yeah, YouTube is like my bibliography for TikTok.
Speaker 3: I need to know more. Usually it's where where is this person.
Speaker 2: That's a criminal of some kind? I then go from TikTok find them on Facebook and see.
Speaker 3: Where they live.
Speaker 1: Friend request, a friend request, possibly a poke.
Speaker 2: That's an old dit because they don't you can't poke any You still can't poke people, by the way, But who's on Facebook anymore?
Speaker 1: They just kind of hid the poke because it seems locable on Facebook anymore. You are, we all are. That's the thing.
Speaker 4: You have to real live action poke Chris. You know it's two two three. Just start poking in real life, you know, just just be like, that's my resolution.
Speaker 2: You knock on my door and I answer, just wearing a target on my shirt.
Speaker 3: Puck away right in the sternum, stranger.
Speaker 4: I'll sign for that package if you poke me.
Speaker 1: It's not part of my job detail. But okay. Sleep train a ticket to a better night sleep. That was the creepiest one. When she was like three and knew that whole line.
Speaker 2: It's my sister and I just thought of it I the other day. Oh that's sleep.
Speaker 3: Train will take you to a better night, sleep.
Speaker 1: A ticket to a better ticket.
Speaker 2: That's a great lyric. See a lot of these are good songs, and they are well right. The auto parts has nothing to do with the auto The AutoZone song actually is a banger that if I need to get pumped up, you know, I listen to either that or you know, the Tiger or something.
Speaker 1: Get in the zone, Auto Zone. They have to appeal to dudes that like songs that sound like that. I guess is the thinking at the ad agency, Like it's men. They're at the auto parts store. What are they like to hear another man growl, scream singing? Yeah, yeah, the title.
Speaker 6: All coked up looking for five six seven spark plugs and they're like, I don't know, it's it's kind of rainy outside.
Speaker 4: And then get in the zone.
Speaker 1: They're like, come there, I'm on there. That was good.
Speaker 3: That throaty rock voice.
Speaker 2: Even though that was just a joke sample you gave, I can tell you got the goods.
Speaker 1: Aaron has an amazing singing voice.
Speaker 4: I'll answer that in a thirty second answer, yes.
Speaker 3: Please let it be a commercial jangle.
Speaker 4: In my earlier drinking days, I would do some karaoke and one time, do you know Tom Blank?
Speaker 1: Yeah he's a comic, right, Yeah, he's like an.
Speaker 4: Actor and he doesn't do stand up, but he's he's just so funny and wonderful anyway. But he's done. Yes, he's done the show. We signed up at fu Bar back in the day. At Fubar gave us Hollywood that's reguendant and we signed up and it was like one of those like you know gin gin fueled, like we're gonna do uh Barbi Streichon and Barry Gibb like what kind of fool or you know, like just one of the one of like one of my absolute favorite like duets. She's been on Broadway. I was like, we're gonna crush this. We go up, he doesn't know the song I'm tone deaf, and we come off stage and the MC goes, wow, that was that was like a karaoke miscarriage.
Speaker 2: That's what they Yeah, sometimes they take their job too seriously.
Speaker 4: In our heart was like, no, that was priceless game, Like I'm sorry, I guess he's just used to like la everyone going up and nail Yeah you know. I was like, no, that was traditional karaoke where you think you're great and you're not and you're about to like, you know, throw up from your seventh genitonic and you tried to do barbaras race.
Speaker 2: That's what I like, And it should be in a bowling alley and you should watch some old man sing ac DC or something that you wouldn't think they would sing and it. But when it's people that are really good, I don't want to be around for that.
Speaker 3: Barn He's bean Rey.
Speaker 4: Bullshit karaoke miscarriage maybe like.
Speaker 1: That is the best ever.
Speaker 3: I was like that, do you mind?
Speaker 1: Can I steal that? We were at some bar. It was somebody's birthday and they started doing karaoke and one somebody was I'm sure Page was there because it was like, you have to sing, Karen, you have pages to do that to me? Like we were at Marie's Crisis in New York City one time and she's like, I signed you up. You have to sing.
Speaker 3: I just got It's like, you don't know you're a good singer.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing.
Speaker 4: You're a professional singer, though, care guys, try and get hurt of this.
Speaker 1: This, This is the truth of it. I want to be the best singer, but I know I'm not. So however good I may or may not be up to you when I get up there, I know I'm not the best, and therefore I'm even worse than I could be. And that's all that entire cycle is heartbreaking to be so Like being at a place like Mariu's Crisis, where that's where Broadway people go to sing songs to each other, I was like, you can't set me up that way. This isn't this isn't Acbar or some place like that. This is this is Broadway people. I was like, you can't do that to me because it's hard enough. And good singing was all about being calm and having good breath work and being able to like breathe freely. But I am so stressy about the whole thing that immediately I'm just kind of start doing like this and then you're just like trying to get when I'm stuck with the day like nine of fool.
Speaker 2: That's what all professional singers would be like, you know, don't do that if you chose, you know, Sundays where the story ends or something that I know or that's what I would.
Speaker 1: Choose for you. Yeah, places there it is.
Speaker 4: And your album recording, what your voice is fantastic?
Speaker 1: Exactly, guys, thank you.
Speaker 3: She only does a joke version on the podcast. It's joke voice.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just the thing of I want to be Whitney Houston and since I'm not, I have depression, it doesn't make sense. I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just saying that's the trap I'm sing.
Speaker 2: Even Whitney Houston couldn't sing that Sunday's song though, the way that I you just got to pick your right song is.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And Harriet Wheeler did know how to breathe either. Wait a minute, did she pass away? That wasn't a joke, Harriet Wheeler? I mean about singing Brett. No, I'm thinking the nice Cranberri's lady passed And.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did.
Speaker 4: Wait, who's Harriet Wheeler?
Speaker 3: Harriet Wheeler's from the Sundays.
Speaker 2: It's one of the music acts people that Karen and I first bonded over.
Speaker 3: Both like Sundays.
Speaker 1: They're like a nineties, late eighties, late edies I've heard of the nineties. They're amazing. You've heard It's You and Me in the summer time. They have like a couple of big hits. They covered Wild Horses. But then their first album was the first time I walked into a record store, whatever was playing was playing, and then here's where the story ends. By the Sundays started and I started freaking out and I ran to the front, was like, who is this? Because it was such a It was like, this is the song I've been waiting to hear my home, you know what? You want to know what song?
Speaker 2: I when I went to a record store heard and nice immediately had to buy it the same thing.
Speaker 3: It was I'm Just a Girl by No Doubt.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I was like into ska and I was like I knew her voice from old SKA compilations. Yeah, I was so into that No Doubt album. Now, I because of the ska part, I'm kind of embarrassed. Have you ever done that, Aaron? Have you ever heard a song You're like, who is this? I'm buying it right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I just remember seeing Gwen Stefani and I was like, I should date women. That was just like not like a record thing, Yeah, which a visual more of like a visual I need to like absolutely huff and then bang her.
Speaker 1: Like gas huff. Yeah, so her pants would fall off.
Speaker 3: I want to just vaporize you and put you in a bag and huff it.
Speaker 1: What did you.
Speaker 4: Say to me? I said, I love your first album.
Speaker 1: Gwen Stefani. What's amazing to me is when she first came out, I was like, Wow, she's they picked the model to be the lead singer of their band. And then the more you learn her, it's like, no, no, she's writing all the songs. Like the whole story of that band is fucking unbelievable and very tragic and sad, and like her coming through all of that and then just being like this beyond superstar. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's the tragedy and sadness. I don't I don't.
Speaker 4: One of their band members, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah they I believe it was one of the founding band members because and a cousin. It's like relative.
Speaker 4: And then she was in love with the lead guy, but he didn't love her, and that's that was Like she wrote those songs don't think or don't speaks.
Speaker 2: Don't speak, don't Yeah, so he's and he's playing he's playing lead guitars.
Speaker 1: I hope this isn't about me. Same thing happened with boy George and the drummer. He was in love with the drummer of his own band, and the drummer was kind of like, I'm into you sometimes but not all the time. And so all those culture club songs.
Speaker 2: Isn't Yeah, isn't Athletewood Mac like that? They were all swinging and orgies and then they're singing about how they're upset and they're just four feet away from each other doing rhythm guitar.
Speaker 4: Just just open journaling, just like secondhand news, and you're like, am I the second hand news? Have we broken up?
Speaker 1: Wait? Are you the second way?
Speaker 4: Are you the second? Are you?
Speaker 1: Is this an accusation?
Speaker 4: You know? I just got to I've been threatening to get a record player for about ten years. And if you see a pattern where I say say something and then I would do it for about ten years, and then my partner Sarah is like, just this past Christmas, she got me a record player because I've been I've had the same probably seventy records, and I've been carrying them around for probably twenty.
Speaker 3: Five years, you do have records already.
Speaker 4: And so oh yeah yeah yeah, I just but they're like on display, but I'm like I gonna get it. Yeah yeah. But all these old records came out and I realized, like wow, I was I am still like out of all of them. I was like, well, two quick things the Wham make it Big, And I was like the insert of like how beautiful Andrew Ridgely and George Michael were, And I was like, were they banging? Were they in love? It was one of them in love with one of them Careless Swissprobs, it's not about a woman, my favorite song of all time one of them. But then the other one was Wow, I cannot get enough of like seventies and eighties soft rock, like just like I have been playing air Supply on a loop since I got the record player. Yeah, I mean Ario Speedwagon, Air like all of that, Like, oh my god, it's been so fun to like go back, and now a new thing is going to be like wherever I go, if I just see a record store and it's going to go in and it'us be fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, and actually kind of shop it almost like thrift store shopping. Yeah. Well, and also I think people got into yacht rock like in the two thousands, almost like being ironic, but what they realized is, no, this shit is actually unbelievably amazing and well produced music that like that hasn't been reproduced. It's not it's not throw away. They weren't one hit wonders. These are like amazing bands that were making so many good songs.
Speaker 3: And every once in a while, I'll discover one I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Alan Parsons Project made five or six different songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have the album, Chris, I'm not even kidding. I could run into my living room when I was going through I was like the Alan Parsons Project.
Speaker 2: It's the one with like the Egyptian I on it.
Speaker 4: And there's a song on that album that I didn't know it was them. I thought maybe it was like a David Gates and Bread or it wasn't Ee in the Sky because that's like the one of the most popular ones. But I don't know, I can't I can't remember it. But yeah, it's just been so fun to discover, like you know, kind of rediscover yeah, because you know, you have like the yacht rock and all those fun stuff on Spotify, but it's just also just so fun to like like look at like the inserts and like all the lyrics and the photos and records. Yeah, that's been a it's been a highlight.
Speaker 1: And little bags of cocaine that sometimes fall out I forgot they put in there, and I just in the record sleep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of these are just coded, coded, rowdy powder. But I did not know that records were very expensive though, Like I need to go find thrift store.
Speaker 4: If you look online, they're like thirty bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know it's it's to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my records are so old that I've already gone through another like I guess they call it stylus. I always call it a needle because it's like it gets dirty so quickly that I was like got a cleaner and then this record player doesn't have an automatic like lift to go back, so it just hits the paper and keeps going. I've like I'm gonna like, you know whatever, but it's just uh now every morning I like get up and play like one record during breck. It's just like something like fun and.
Speaker 2: It's like my new I need to realize that, Yeah, that's what I should find old yacht rock, old whatever, Chicago. I don't stuff from my childhood that brings back old memories.
Speaker 3: That would it be like calming music that I can driven on.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you a recommendation right now, because my mom used to put on Carol King's Tapestry in the morning and that's how we would wake up, and that was our and it was such a good idea and we there's it's things like that were Then later on, I was like, that was excellent parenting, and I didn't appreciate it because I just assumed people's parents were doing shit like you were getting like a spa experience to get out of bed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate it too that my parents provided for me sort of a curated playlist that I appreciate now because I'm I'm like, I realize other people don't know about these old songs, and I'm like, oh, okay, thanks dad, who was a radio DJ.
Speaker 1: I guess that was part of it. Yeah, paying attention, Yeah, yeah, totally paying attention to that.
Speaker 4: We used to go around like I have two sisters and this was like, you know, we were really like us whatever. I was born in seventy three, so like late seventies early eighties, and my dad would play a song and then Megan would get a song, Tara get a song, my mom would get a song you know myself, and we'd go for like hours and hours of so I got to know, like, you know, like it was. It was pretty like after a while, it's like, Okay, Dad's going to play like a big band or Glenn Miller or like a Buddy Rich or you know, like drums or whatever Mom's going for, like Glenn Campbell.
Speaker 1: Willie Nelson, you know.
Speaker 4: And then we started getting like you know, as we got a little bit older, we still did it. Like I remember my first album was like it was something so cool that I didn't know because my aunt got it for me. It was like Synchronicity by the Police, ugh, And I was like, oh yeah, I mean I love the Police. Never heard of the place, you know what I mean. And then you'd put it on and like, you know, so I was like, I want to get all those albums. Not gonna lie. I went to the record store. I bought Thriller. I don't care. I mean, I know he's a little pig, but that album is like I have to I have to have thriller. Yeah, yeah, but it's like a real fun way to like kind of remember yeah, remember that that period of time.
Speaker 1: Off the Wall is an unbelievable album, like that thing. You're just like, this is a child star who could have gone through all of his you know I Want You Back era and gone away forever and had many reasons to with an abusive father and whatever, and instead he took a slight break and then was like, hey, how about the best I don't know, is that R and B? Is that considered?
Speaker 4: I would think so, yeah, R and.
Speaker 1: B music, but like amazing, But it was pop music. He was like redefining it.
Speaker 4: I remember that album cover.
Speaker 3: I think it's Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: When I think of pop like that, I think that's when I started saying that phrase.
Speaker 1: I just love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But now my dad listens to mostly music from his youth, Like he's doing the same thing we're talking about. It's like fifties ice cream shop. She's only fifteen.
Speaker 1: What was that lyric?
Speaker 3: Good lord? What a simpler, scary time.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, wait a minute, you introduced me and all this other beatles and stuff.
Speaker 3: He just keeps going further back.
Speaker 2: But I do love that the Cranberries came on, not Linger, but what was.
Speaker 1: The other zombie dreams Dreams and my dad it came on.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we just kind of were listening in the living room by the Christmas tree, and my dad was like, this might possibly be one of the best rock songs of all time. And I was like, for some reason, it hit me in an emotional way because I do know that he privately was listening to a lot of Cranberries when that came out.
Speaker 3: I think I bought it for him.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was an emotional thing. Music's an emotional thing, you guys.
Speaker 1: It is, It really is.
Speaker 4: Especially when you share like we as a family shared a lot of the same you know TV shows. It's like, you know, like you awesome books and stuff, but like music, if you like, I remember every like all of us wholeheartedly are obsessed with still to the stay obsessed with the Beg's Like yeah, like hands down, like we all have like it's so fun where you're all these different generations can like can absolutely. I just remember my dad driving the Beg's would come on and like the you know, like car rides where you're dragged to do this and this. We'd all be like, like my dad's like tapping on the like like it's just like those those those are the best when you can share something.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: At the time, my dad was like, ah, this disco ship, like he wasn't into it, and man, does he love it now. It's like we watched a documentary about the Gifts.
Speaker 1: Just say, did you guys see the documentary? Yes? Good, it's so good, but it's so true, like you can't be that popular. They were so popular. They were just constantly being played for months and months and years and years, and basically people kind of like rebelled against being forced visit, but it didn't mean it wasn't good music.
Speaker 2: And I think I was experiencing my dad that actual period of rebelling people rebelling against this disco era stuff.
Speaker 1: But he loves it.
Speaker 2: Now and he remembers people thinking that maybe him included. And it's so interesting to see that documentary and watch them be frightened after every wave of popularity that they went through. They're like, oh, we're done after this, and then they get it big with something else.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: That part was like, oh man, this is like a roller coaster.
Speaker 4: Harry Gibb Like he's like the one of the most like prolific songwriters and he.
Speaker 1: Just like and much like Gwen Stefani, he's also a haughtie, like a litt You look at him in your like, are you a lion? That's singing like a girl, Like what's happening?
Speaker 4: What's in?
Speaker 3: That's singing from?
Speaker 6: Break here?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, that spot. It was either or be a muppet voice. My dad told a really good story. He was a He did a lot of ushering when he grew up in San Francisco, and so he told the story that his friend was an usher. It's some It was like the Circle in the Square or something like that. It was a theater in the Round in San Francisco or maybe South City, and the bejs came to play and I go, Dad, what year was it? Because I was like, oh, but I was like, it can't be the seventies somebody. He's like, it was like nineteen sixties, seven or sixty six. So this was like first round Beg's this is like, how can you mend a broken heart? Beg's Oh yeah, And he said they were playing and the girls were it was all girls. All the girls were going insane. He's standing in the aisle as the usher, and then the second the show ends, they have because it's in the round, they go up an aisle and he goes and then we're supposed to, like they get out, and then we're supposed to like hold the audience back while they like clear, and he goes, No, and my dad's six foot four and he's pretty big, and he goes, we got slammed up against that wall. He goes, I was pinned. I was pinned. These girls they were serious, they were going to get to those guys. I had no control. He told the funniest story of like that. Basically he kind of witnessed and he was like, what is this. I've never what's going on and then essentially just got completely flattened by Beg's fans. That's so great I wish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe uh, maybe the Harry Styles gets that kind of reaction now, or I heard he does. But yeah, people, people keep it real cool now. No one gets pinned anymore. Those were the good old days.
Speaker 4: Those those are the good days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just reltigious, so.
Speaker 3: Hard to get trampled these days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tries I may.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had go to all the Black Friday Sales.
Speaker 4: I remember going to see the I was also obsessed still to this day. Of course, my first cassette tape was Pointer Sisters. Oh Wow, Yeah, and I am obsessed with the Pointer Sisters. And I went when I was like nineteen or twenty to the Warwick Musical Theater in Warwick, Rhode Island, to see the Pointer Sisters. And it was me and my best friend from college, Kate, who I didn't know but I was completely in love with. Told her years later and I just I just remember being like dancing to like the Pointer Sisters, and it was just basically Kate and I and then everyone over like seventy It was just there was no It was so weird. And then you just felt like a lot of people were sitting in their seats. I felt like maybe they won tickets on like a radio contest or something. And we were like dancing and losing our minds and Anita Pointer pointed at us, and I was like, I'm like, it was like one of the greatest moments of my life. She was just like this because we were like, you know, new Tron dance like you know whatever it was. We didn't sit down. I don't think a lot of people could stand up, but we were. We were losing our minds.
Speaker 1: It was pointed at by a Pointer sister.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Didn't we lose a Pointer sister recently?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think there it was June and Nita Ruth. I think maybe they've all passed or maybe one of them is left. Yeah. I think it was like maybe ruthed a couple of years ago. I tell you when the when the Begi's when the twins died, because I'm a twin. That was a double. That was like anything twin. I lose my mind, you know?
Speaker 2: You know who pointed at the Pointer sisters in the end, the bony hand of the grim raper. I'm sorry, that's just a visual I saw, but it got made.
Speaker 3: They're great new tron dance one of my favorite it.
Speaker 2: I just was thinking of the big skeleton hand from the screw and.
Speaker 1: It was it was Anita Pointer.
Speaker 4: Who was Anita?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: R I p Yes, you're a real one.
Speaker 4: Did anybody were you? Guys? Porner sisters fans.
Speaker 3: I love the Beverly Hills cop soundtrack There we Go.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the song automatic?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah? Uh Mad? Yes?
Speaker 4: Karen so good I thought it was a man singing, you know how it gets real low in one part. I was like, Oh, I wonder who was like the guest it was?
Speaker 3: It was Anita, Yeah wow, like.
Speaker 4: She could just like like at one point I was like, it felt like a burly man singing.
Speaker 1: She was like and I was like, totally automatic.
Speaker 3: She was a seven.
Speaker 1: It was that was the music that was always on. So we listened to con Am radio when we were in the car, much like I guess, much like my sister and my niece, but in the eighties, so like we I was such a I was very much a lyrics person. So it's like that's how I knew songs and I memorized the words of songs all the time. And it was you know, the Pointer sisters were huge, like late seventies, early eighties, so it was like I was seven, eight, nine, ten when it was like those guys had music on the radio constantly. So so like remember when Jump was like the huge.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah for my love jump in Oh my Love.
Speaker 3: I think of that one. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They just got better and better. They were just like doing it. They were like we'll do disco, We'll do pop, what do you want? We're the pointer sisters. Yeah, just some people to perform with your sisters.
Speaker 4: Like I remember I had two sisters and were like, what can we possibly do together? Like how can we like, We're just like we're all so different, were tone deaf, We're like, we can't do.
Speaker 1: A bad day.
Speaker 3: Can't know they were real sisters.
Speaker 2: My back is really starting to sweat after that grim reaper calling that I.
Speaker 3: Didn't I thought it was sisters.
Speaker 2: In that they were in a band together. And the reason I got sad about the cranberries is she passed to she did, I'm not well, you know it's a new year.
Speaker 1: It's a new year for people to die. Yeah, we gotta get healthy every one. Karin, what is you don't have to say like a resolution? But what are you looking forward to in twenty twenty? Resolutions for.
Speaker 4: This sounds so stupid, but I'm just gonna say, who grees? My twin sister lives like the next neighborhood over and she we had lived together for a couple of years and we got a peloton and then when I moved in with my partner, she moved in with her boyfriend. I was like, okay, you take the pelton And so I go over her house like once a week and I use the peloton and I was just on it the other day and one of the instructors is like, you know how they get all so crazy, and she's like, what do you leave them behind? Twenty twenty two? What do you leave them behind? And I was like, that's like it was like the two things I heard that resonated the most, because I, you know, you make resolutions, but I was like, these are the two things that I'm going to try to stick to. What am I leaving behind? And then I was listening to some podcast and it was like, you know, what is the one word you're going to do for twenty twenty three. So I was like, okay, I'm going to do those two things this year instead of like doing my usual. I want to do this and I want to do that whatever. So the twenty twenty two leaving behind is well, there's a whole bunch, but I'll just do one. It's really like I just put like my health like at the bottom of the.
Speaker 1: Barrel, right.
Speaker 4: I just was like work this, this, this, and I just I out of the blue got like frozen shoulder.
Speaker 1: I just had that Oh my god, the worst Yeah, where you just kind of I can't move and you can't raise your arm to a certain out.
Speaker 4: Of the blue. This year had all this health stuff, not gonna want nothing like insane but like COVID and like sinus stuff, and I was just like this is crazy, Like I just it was like the biggest lesson of like I have to put it sounds so cliche, but I never do it. I never put my physical and mental health first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's what I'm like gonna leave behind this like bs of just like everything takes precedence over that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe a good joint custody of that peloton.
Speaker 1: You gotta get.
Speaker 3: It's got to be a halfway point.
Speaker 1: Once a week, go to your sister and say, I change my mind.
Speaker 4: No, it's fun. It's like go to the gym. It's like you just go over our house.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I would love that.
Speaker 4: That's the big thing. And then the one word, the one word I'm taking into twenty twenty three is motion because I get real depressed when like I'm in between writing gigs and I just like I'm in my apartment too much and I'm writing I'm not doing a ton of stand up. I get like, really, like, you know, I need to be moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just need.
Speaker 4: To be moving. So I'm like, I'm gonna put the word motion on my wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and That's.
Speaker 4: What I'm gonna do. So I've been getting up and like just going to the reds and walking just just like stay in motion.
Speaker 2: That lends itself nicely to the leave behind thing too, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Yeah, those are good.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, good, Wow, you nailed that one.
Speaker 1: Chris, What are you going to leave behind? You? Were? You found that very appealing? That concept?
Speaker 2: I mean, I yeah, And I'm trying to think of the one word because I already told you I plan on finally doing therapy.
Speaker 1: So I guess that's my future word.
Speaker 2: Because I've not done any of that since I was a young thirteen year old that was hearing voices in his head.
Speaker 4: Ah you mean, Joe, No just backg.
Speaker 2: Voices, scratchy noises, trees rubbing against windows that were forming words that were suggesting I do things. But that's all all behind me and I'm healthy. I'm just kidding. They never suggested I do anything, but they were voices.
Speaker 4: How are we going to get out of this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, Karen starts singing Kenny into AutoZone. God sake.
Speaker 2: Someone mentioned the Begees, but I think that most people I know are in It's because we've gotten not just sedentary, but we've I'm so okay with just being home and not going anywhere that I of course I'm not going and working out, and I'm in my lung I can tell when I run just to go, you know, to chase a mugger, or you know, occasionally run my lungs immediate to do.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of muggers in my neighborhood, but I very much.
Speaker 2: Want to in the future because I was confronted by this time.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 2: I watched my brother in law of art attack and my nephew save his life, and now he's totally normally. He's back to who he was, and so I think that we should all worry more about our hearts. And I was Karen when I did that Heart Foundation golf tournament. I promised them I would mention the foundation. So I guess I'll do that now because February is American Heart Month, and the foundation that had me do that golf tournament had just came up with a vaccine that's in its second trial now that gets rid of the plaque in the heart, the arthrosclerosis I believe it's called, which is the same as the thing Karen, you and I are always Alzheimer's plaque on the brain.
Speaker 3: Like it seems like every scary thing is plaque. So anyways, see.
Speaker 1: Why my dad was Remember when my dad was in the hospital last year, That's exactly what it was for. He had to go get like a thing. They had to put a little thing in there and clear that out for in his heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the number one heart disease, is the number one killer of firemen, it's the number one killer of men and women in general. And my point is, I am going to learn CBR. I think everyone should learn CPR. We only seventy percent of people know it or feel comfortable with it. But yeah, the Heart Foundation, I wanted to mention they do really cool work at CEDARS and they're now they're working on this vaccine and they're going to have results in February, which is American Heart Month. So that's why I'm talking about that. And I'm going to get healthy, great and I'm going to learn CPR and I'm going to go to therapy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Karen, what is yours? Nice one? That's a great crazy guys yous guys are well, you know what's funny? I for the leaving behind. I think you're right. I'm on board with you where And it makes me think of it erin because I adore you. You're one of my good friends, and I don't see you or talk to you enough at all, like like it's been four years, like pre COVID, and I'm very embarrassed because seeing you makes me go, why the fuck don't I text you four times a week? Like why wouldn't I? You're my favorite person. And we were going to write that script we had for a while there. We had we had all these plans, and I think it's just like, you know whatever, we got busy the ship that everybody always says, it's what everyone says, but somebody was just saying socializing and planning social things and being among people that you really love and really care about, not not just like the Hollywood kind of CNB seen, but actual meaningful socializing is really important for like human connection and human health and so aside to go along with my morning stretches, which is something I actually have been doing since the beginning of the year because I'm so stiff and I got the fucking frozen shoulder thing where literally I would go to open it like a cabinet and it would be like I would lift my arm slightly above shoulder and be like in such hideous pain, Like it's so crazy, so stretching, but then also actually.
Speaker 2: I'm showing that for something real quick. This my sister got me this, and I can't stop stretching.
Speaker 3: Because of it. It's like a tighter and I don't know.
Speaker 4: What that says, try to ear trickery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is just.
Speaker 2: It is a rigid band that has all these loops in it. And I the other day when my shoulder hurt, I put it behind and you put your hands in these bands and it stretches.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: All I do is experiment with it. And because my sister got me one of these, I can't not look over and see it and not trans stretch. So sorry to interrupt, but that's very much suggests.
Speaker 1: Will you take a picture and then send it send it to me. I can get one to try for physical things like slowly stretching and realizing how tight, Like I'm just tight and stressed out all the time, and like work, you know what I mean, Like I have a physicality to my the stress that I take on and work, so so kind of trying to ease that up and counterbalancing that with actually making an effort to socialize and see my friends because I am the queen of like I want to do it and then the night of I will cancel. I do it all the time, and it pisses people off, rightfully so, and so I think that is what I will be leaving behind, is that kind of taking other people for granted, or like taking that kind of socializing for granted when it's actually crucial to my mental health and to my kind of like basic happiness. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am ready to hang out Karen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, great at Karen's at the party.
Speaker 3: She's going to have Karen have another party.
Speaker 1: I should well now that. Yeah, when the when the rains pass and all the debris flows away into the La River and everyone can access everything, I will absolutely do that. It's a great idea.
Speaker 3: It's not first week of February. I got my rock show.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do it for Valentine's Day. Yeah, Valentine's Day. A Valentine's party.
Speaker 4: That's not awkward. You go from zero to a Valentine's Day zero two.
Speaker 1: You're only invited if I love you or am and love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or if if you're not in a relationship, you can't come.
Speaker 1: You can't come, and you have to write a letter explaining what's wrong with you that you're not in a relationship. And then I'm not invited to my own party. God damn it, I didn't solve anything.
Speaker 4: Let's just start with like an easy mixer, like I have a block happy hour.
Speaker 1: Just get ease on into this Valentine's Day. Cancel your dinner plans. You're coming to my house.
Speaker 2: It's a serious orgy in your backyard, and you have to watch through a window because you're not enviros.
Speaker 1: You're virus. So your keys in this bowl get in here.
Speaker 3: I'll just hold the well in my bedroom.
Speaker 1: It'll be too loud. It would be hilarious to have an orgy while everyone can't do anything post COVID. That would be amazing, just to be like it'll be like the just light shoulder touches. And then everyone goes home and I watch TV.
Speaker 4: Or like you, they come over your place where an orgy, everyone gets in and then you leave. You're like, come on, I'll be back at twelve.
Speaker 1: I don't even say anything, or just an Irish goodbye. I locked the door behind me bye. I just like I just like the orgy aftermath. I like to come and I just want to clean up. That's so awesome.
Speaker 4: I just like I get a lot of stress out when I clean, you know. And I've had like a really bad week, so I'm gonna need you guys to come over have an orgy. I leave her on one and then I'm gonna need to clean it up.
Speaker 2: And I just love the aerosol, you know, kind of humigate.
Speaker 1: Bodily fluid smells. Specifically, get that fabuloso going and just wipe down those walls.
Speaker 4: You get an invite for an orgy. It looks like Karen's had a bad week's doing it again. She's doing it again again. She's making us fuck everybody so she can clean up again.
Speaker 1: Weird, Well, like the one I went to.
Speaker 2: If you show up solo, you have to leave after the Lobster was another episode. Sorry arent there, I went through a lobster bake and it turned into an orgy and I got kicked out. During phase two, I started, I mean, there's already tarps on the tables.
Speaker 1: But after we ate the lobster, it was like.
Speaker 2: A neighborhood thing where people paid tickets and helped buy the lobster. And that turned to an orgy, and I.
Speaker 4: Was asked, was it planned? Yes, it was planned.
Speaker 2: Let's do these things both in one night. I love lobster, you love having sex with our friends? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I They're like, oh, did you bring anyone? They were nice about it, but I'm like no, and they're like, oh, well, time to go. And I'm like, what that doesn't make sense? And then uh, someone one of my neighbors let me in on it, like oh yeah, they all get naked and it's weird.
Speaker 4: I can't like, lobster is so rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's true.
Speaker 2: Cleanup butter, yeah, yeah, there's clean up, lobster cleanup.
Speaker 3: And then and then the one that Karen's so into.
Speaker 1: After so many napkins, what a waste god.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'm like, well, every day I'm like what am I doing? You know? And but like after I hear those stories, I'm like I think I'm fine, yes, right, like maybe I've gotten a little boring, yeah, but like I don't, I don't. I was on one of those gate like my adorable gay boy cruises that I that I do stand up comedy on, but I haven't done it in a while.
Speaker 1: And it's boys, it's all boys.
Speaker 4: It's the greatest gig I got. Wow, it's the greatest gig ever. But again, I hate to do this because this wound up in my act. But I'm just giving you this real scenario. Waiting for lunch with my two my gay boys, I got lunch. Lunch guy runs up, Sorry I'm late, totally flustered. He's like, sorry, im l I just stumbled into an.
Speaker 3: Orgy and in one of the rooms.
Speaker 4: I literally I just was. But the craziest thing was the reaction. They go, oh, yeah, all right, whatever, let's go, and they all go to lunch and I'm sitting there and I had, like, you know, that's the whole joke. Whatever I did, I had a whole breakdown. But I was like the casualness of like, I really like, I guess it's kind of like the beauty of getting older and knowing yourself because there are moments where like again, if I stumble to an orgy, shoot me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Another is like, uh, what's the I always forget this? You know Scout der would Yes, she's the absolute best. What does she what does she know? The shows where take one thing off her whole show.
Speaker 1: About burlesque burlesque. Yeah, take one, but that's the name.
Speaker 4: Of her show.
Speaker 2: End of your sale, discount.
Speaker 1: Bye by one, get one frame.
Speaker 4: You're closer, closer burlesque Okay, if it's like gun to head, do burlesque shoot me? Like there are there are just like I just know I have. I've done a lot. I've tried a lot, but like the orgy burlesque, like I just.
Speaker 2: Well, especially like with those guys on the boat that they were like, oh yeah whatever if it's ever an orgy is like oh yeah, that same old, same old. Like the way I talk about having to go grocery shopping. I don't know that I want to get used to orgies.
Speaker 1: No, No, that should always be fresh and now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes and new come aboard orgy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our orgy is just like commonplace, like wow, where do you be?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You've maybe numbed out too far. Maybe it's time to go back to the woods or something.
Speaker 4: Get the drugs out of the system. Yeah, go to some just like fresh air, library, walk in the woods. Just get back in touch with I don't know, just some fresh air, you're right, just some fresh hair back, get off the boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, I think we solved it. Yeah, man, what a great man.
Speaker 3: We went through a lot, a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 4: Karen. The light in your yeah, k and I'm like, now you're a ghost or I'm.
Speaker 2: Having a stress the podcast where Karen becomes a haunted doll.
Speaker 1: Then like this spot in my dad's house is really the only place I can do any of this, but this is where all the zoom calls take place too. And this light is so fucking harsh during the day. It's like I'm always so red and I'm always where I'm like I try to powder beforehand where it's like I just look furious. And also like I just got back from Rio dejan Era, Like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: But please for just for air, and can you do the minor adjustment where you become a floating head?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Like, yeah, going closer, you just.
Speaker 2: Adjusted your light and all of a sudden you wear a floating head.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know what it was.
Speaker 4: I just wish the listeners could see the light is just getting darker and now.
Speaker 2: You really illuminated blowing and you can kind of see the outline.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you did it before.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: It was when it was my other office there was less to reflect off of. So maybe it was that the darkness came around this way. There was a point, because of course this it's like with the hair and always my black long sleeved shirt is a real mimy mum and chance kind of like it's just this mask and podcasting ghost and then I'm trapped in a box your space work. Wow, it's so real, it's so all right, we've gone over. I'm worth it. I'll give a shit. I love it. Aaron, you're the greatest. Yeah, you're the best. Great to see you. You're a dinar all star.
Speaker 4: Can I just be real uh serious for a second, seriously, Like I'm not just saying this. You two are like my favorites.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, And.
Speaker 4: I was so as Patrick suggested, I think you're really going to enjoy it. I just was like, you know, you do podcasts and it's fun whatever, but I was like so pumped to see you too and talk to YouTube because I really missed you both, so thanks so much for having me on. It was it was just a real uh just an hour plus of joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're hilarious also, and it was great to see you.
Speaker 3: Very mutual, very mutual. Yes you've been listening.
Speaker 1: Do you need a ride? D y n they are.
Speaker 3: This has been an Exactly Right.
Speaker 1: Production, produced by Analise.
Speaker 3: Nelson, mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 1: Our talent booker is Patrick Coottner.
Speaker 3: Theme song by Karen Koberren.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks. Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y n Ar Podcast.
Speaker 2: For more information, go to exactly Rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you well, You're welcome com