Speaker 1: Get your hands together, and we're gonna start to party and start.
Speaker 2: Part I'm ready to party.
Speaker 3: The Elvis Duran After Party.
Speaker 2: It's the After Party Podcast. Hi y'all, How y'all? Never can we talk about ringworm for just a moment? Okay, Well, I think I have it. I think I have it, you know, And by the way, ring worm, there's no worm involved here. It's just a it's a it's it's a rash caused by a fungal infection is whatever is. It's itchy circular rash. And I've had this thing on my ankle for several days. And I keep telling you guys, you know, when no one's listening, no microphones are on, that there's something going on this rash. And you guys all say it's ring worm. We're promising you. So I went online and looked at the pictures. Sure does look like it.
Speaker 1: You thought Nate and I were just messing with you. But I really think based on your description.
Speaker 4: It ain't fun, but the good it's very treatable. Yeah, right, of all the worms.
Speaker 3: I once got it on my belly, like right in the center of my stomach when I was in grade school.
Speaker 2: I don't know how but it's like that red it's a red ring with like a yellowish center. Has that ebody burned you with a cigarette ladery.
Speaker 3: It's very active in gyms, So if you're in a gym all the time, sometimes you can just pick it up by walking or you know, touch Well, I.
Speaker 2: Guess, I guess that rules that one out. Haven't been in a gym in quite Sometimes you've been in a bathhouse recently.
Speaker 3: Check the dogs, because my cats had it once, and I'm telling you, when I brought them to the vet to see what it was, they acted like they had some kind of plague. They had to throw away what they were wearing. They made me put the cats in a certain room. And don't you know, because the cats don't have control over their actions like humans do, and so they can get the germs everywhere.
Speaker 2: Where they getting. If my dogs gave it to me, where did they get ring?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Because Alex have it, I don't think. So what should we call Alex? Can we call him? Can we do that on this on the podcast?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's call Let's call my husband. Let him know I have ring one.
Speaker 3: He's around animals all the time, so maybe.
Speaker 1: He could bring it home.
Speaker 2: He could. Yeah, let's call him and blame him right now. But why don't they call it something better than that? If it's not a worm, that makes it sound gross like, yeah, it's a it's a rash caused by a fungal infection. Right, hold on, here we go scarily. Hello, Hi, I I know you're very very very busy at the zoo, but we got Do you have a moment.
Speaker 4: I'm very very very very busy.
Speaker 2: Like you're in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: No, I'm in the castia.
Speaker 2: Wash your hands, Wash your hands, wash you. He doesn't know why we're calling you. Don't ruin my bit? Uh? You know that rash I have on my ankle?
Speaker 4: Yes, the ringworm.
Speaker 2: You obviously brought that home from the zoo. No I did it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're hanging out with animals every day all the where else would I get? I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. I don't know. Do you have it on you?
Speaker 3: Did you check yourself?
Speaker 4: I checked myself every day.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything on it. Well, couldn't you have passed it along to me? Then it went away on you? Now I haven't No, maybe you got it from the doors. How would they get it? How would they get.
Speaker 4: It from being outside?
Speaker 2: I don't Know's all right, you're not helping. I really think it's your fault. I want to blame you for my ring worm. Well we don't know dr worm. But you saw it. It looks like ringworm, right, yeah, yeah, it does. Have you seen it? I thought I showed it to you.
Speaker 5: You do.
Speaker 2: You showed it to me twice yet? All right, because I'm not showing anyone else. You're You're the only one to go. Where is it?
Speaker 3: You want to tell us where it is?
Speaker 2: My ankle? My right ankle? Ok? What's that on? Gandhi?
Speaker 1: So apparently dogs can get it through all kinds of stuff, through an infected animal or person, or indirectly from contaminated environments like objects and bedding, brushes or furniture, where fungal sports can survive four months to over a year. Oh damn, Yeah, I'm gonna have to burn everything down.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to wash everything like in hot hot All right, Well, I just want to call you and let you know I think I gave it. You gave me ringworm, that's all. Hey. By the way, people are loving the video from our sleigh ride yesterday. Everybody yelling at me, I worked that we should wear a helmet's next, Yeah, me too. As we were getting toward the gate. My god, that was fun. But also people in the room said they never knew you cursed like that. Yeah, well I was nervous. Yeah, we almost died. And the only way to stop is to run into things. You know that, there's no breaks, no, thank God, thank God for that. All right, I gotta go. I got ringworm that you gave me all bye, love you. But you guys you've had ringworms, so talk about it. What am I? How do I get rid of this thing?
Speaker 1: So I use tough act in to enactin. Just spray it right there.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 1: When I was in high school. My best friend's boyfriend was on the wrestling team and he had it. He came over to my house one day and all of us were just kind of like horsing around playing. A couple of days later, my best friend and myself both had it and we were talking about, you know this itches at soccer practice. My coach came over, took a look at it and goes, eh, you have a ring worm.
Speaker 2: Go the fuck home. It's important to note that it's fungle, not bacterial. So if it's if it's fungle, if you at the touch, you could spread it all over the place. Antibiotics do not work on it. That only works on bacterial infections. Yeah, okay, thank you, it's right. It's a it's a fungus among us.
Speaker 5: I get a lot in high school because of swimming, so like the pool decks. I mean, you really should be wearing flip flops or sandals, but they become annoying. So it was almost like a rite of passage. If you didn't get ringworm, then it was like you weren't a part of the team because everyone got it eventually once or twice a year.
Speaker 3: What about lomen?
Speaker 2: But wait a minute, so I could get it from a wrestler. I could get it from a from a lifeguard. Wow, this is hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sexy worm.
Speaker 2: You know you probably get it from hockey players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watched it too much.
Speaker 2: That's where I got it. Now figured out where is that ring worm? It looks like a puck, but you know, it's actually.
Speaker 1: Really important because it probably itches and everything when and if you touch it, don't touch other parts of your body so easily.
Speaker 4: Yeahsh whatever it's coming to touch, it spreads everywhere.
Speaker 2: By the way, the fact that it's at your ankles leads me to believe it was from the dogs because they are ankle height. That's just I'm suspicious, scary.
Speaker 3: If he's outside, because didn't Alex say, could be outside, something outside.
Speaker 2: I don't know, We don't know. I think you're gonna drive yourself crazy trying to figure out where you got it from. You'd have it, maybe I get I should get the dogs check. But you know, it's weird even though it's not a worm. Have you ever had a worm? I mean, have you ever been have you ever been host to some living creature?
Speaker 4: One of my best friends he had a round worm infection from eating some I guess cork pork that wasn't cooked properly, right, You're supposed to give into a certain temperature, and he started developing developing issues down there didn't come out, so he he developed a little diarrhea over the course of a week, and then all of a sudden he.
Speaker 2: I can't say, he went to the mathimin worm came out. Basically, Yes, he pulled it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very careful with that he went to wipe and got he pulled.
Speaker 2: How long was it?
Speaker 4: It was quite long because he sent us the picture and we had all been on the same way.
Speaker 2: He sent you a photo of it. You have the photo.
Speaker 4: I have it somewhere in my phone.
Speaker 2: Find it. I need to see this. We had all been on the same trip. He goes, hey, guys, get yourselves. Checks itself. It was like somebody saying that it may have given you an STD get yourself. But where was it living?
Speaker 3: Ye made its way down.
Speaker 4: It made its way and then he had to take very very very hardcore antibiotics that killed it, basically killed all of the bacteria in his body.
Speaker 2: And then he got was it just one? I think there was a couple more in there?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 1: Did he kill it?
Speaker 2: Or did live? Oh?
Speaker 4: God? It you?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: What would your name it? Give it a name? And my new pet? Have you met my pet worm? Where'd you adopt that worm from my asshole?
Speaker 1: I tapeworms, which are very I mean lots of people have gotten tape worm. They will grow so big that they actually start to poke out of your body. That's how a lot of people realize that they have it, because they didn't pay attention. Yeah, and then apparently you just pull it.
Speaker 2: Right out by the fear of the unknown. I don't know what's going on inside my tracks right now, and I want to know. I like vinegar or something.
Speaker 1: We all have them.
Speaker 2: You have things living in there, that's the whole point. But you just don't want them to get to the size where they poke out of your stomach.
Speaker 3: Maybe he named it asshole anaconda.
Speaker 1: I wish they poked out of your stomach. I think they poke out of a Oh. Okay, So one of my best friends she got married on a beach and it had rained the night before her wedding, and apparently a lot of the cats in that area they used the sand for their letter box basically. So yeah, so there was a lot of cat poop under the sand that got rained on, and everybody at the wedding got hookworm in their feet from walking into that. I know it was such a such a gift.
Speaker 5: Can can we check out with Scotty Bee for a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so sick. I can't listen to anything.
Speaker 3: He can't even talk.
Speaker 2: It's so nauseating to me. You have worms in you? No, I don't you do you do. No, okay, I mean I know I give my dog heartwarm medication. Do people get heartworms too? Is that the real your heart is that dogs have to take heartworm pills? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that? Where?
Speaker 2: Isn't that real life?
Speaker 3: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: Gets it in your heart, your dog's heart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of it is because I mean, we're not eating fegal matter, but the dogs do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, now that it's frozen, he eats it every day. Oh god, it's so we got people, We got people in our office that should be.
Speaker 4: I got to pick it up instantly now because he eats it only when it freezes.
Speaker 2: He likes it frozen, gets you freshing little popsicles, discussing it's a poopsicle.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So, so no one in the room here has has hosted some sort of animal creature.
Speaker 1: I am convinced that Brandon hasitape for him, because I've never seen someone eat the way he does and remain thin. And I call it squirm. I'm always like, I'll squirm today.
Speaker 4: He hungry?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Squirm the worm?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 2: Wow? All right, well this has been a lot of fun. What a great a great conversation. We've had all right. We'll have a nice day and I will get some fat. Need I need some fast acting to acting right now. Ran after party