Speaker 1: You are now Angela what I call her yee.
Speaker 2: Well as up as way up at Angela Yee. It's a Wednesday, but it feels like a Tuesday because Monday was a holiday, So you know what that means. It is a Wealth Wednesday today and you know we are doing these priceless conversations with Massacards, So you guys are.
Speaker 3: Going to love that for Wealth Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I told them one thing we're going to do is make sure people have tangible takeaways places they can go to get the support that they need no matter what part of what uh where they are at in their business if they're trying to scale it up, but they're trying to launch a business. So we are going to have the senior vice president Product Management, Troy Dennis joining us, also the founder and owner of Black Girls Sunscreen, Shante Lundy. And then one thing we always have been talking about and I've been getting better at this myself, is Ai and we have the co founder and owner of Create Level, Bron Meldonado joining us as well, so this is going to be a super interesting conversation. And then we are going to be doing some surprise things with the founders and owners of Eat Good NYC and Saint Michelle Cafe. So get ready for a really amazing crisis conversation for this Wealth Wednesday with MasterCard. But let's shine a light on people doing positive things. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one to fifty Call us up and let us know who you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 3: Its way up at Angela Yee.
Speaker 4: I'm shine, I'm shine.
Speaker 5: Turn your lights on y'all. Light so it spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 6: Shine a light on them, shine a light on them.
Speaker 4: It's time to shine a light on them.
Speaker 2: All right, his way up at Angela Yee. I'm Angela Yee, And it is time to shine a light. And you know I love shining a light on entrepreneurs. And so today on this Wealth Wednesday, I want to shine a light on somebody who Wilhelmina motto but also a founder of a makeup brand called gal Amazon Beauty Cosmetics Kim Baker gla Amazon Beauty is makeup made easy. I actually have on some of the lip gloss today, so I'll be showing you guys this. But they just recently launched on the Home Shopping network. They debuted on there on August fourteenth, and she's the person who has formulated it. She's also a celebrity makeup artist, and just congratulations to her. Hey mayno, okay, I see you with the iceberg on, but definitely you.
Speaker 3: Can check her out.
Speaker 2: She's been featured in Alrea l Essence magazines. You can go to Glamazon Beauty dot com to learn more about her. We just want to shine a light on her because she's been doing this work for quite some time. I always feel like when you're a makeup artist, at some point you got to have like some type of product, you know, to go with that, because you know what your clients need the most. So Kim Baker, all right, now, who do you guys want to spread some love to? Who do you want to shine a light on? Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty Terrasita, Who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 7: So I'm shining a light on Erica. She actually just turned sixteen to twenty fifth for August, and I'm her resource moment. She haven't seen her family. She and she was two years old. They live in Haiti. But she's such an ambitious young lady. I don't have to wake her up. She goes to school, she comes home, she studies, She rents her own chair at a salon, hey for all four hundred dollars every month, and she have her clients. This little girl could make three thousand dollars a month at fifteen. And no, you don't cross these young ladies that go through so many obstacles in life and to still be so strong.
Speaker 3: But shout out to Erica, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I love to hear that that you could tell she's building up her empire right now already.
Speaker 7: Yes, she is, so I just want to shine a light on her today to let her know that, you know, the sky's the.
Speaker 8: Limit for her.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Terry City. I love that story. That was really inspirational for all of us. And shout out to Erica, we shine a light on you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. I remember all right, Well that was shine a light.
Speaker 2: And when we come back, we have your Yuti and let's talk about boosy is Raloh. The two of them have been having some words for each other and it's feeling kind of ugly, all right, beefing on social media. It's way up with Angela yee yea t is next this.
Speaker 5: Place in the rooms, from industry shade to all of gossip out sending Angela's is feeling that yet.
Speaker 2: All right, his way up, I'm here, my guy Maino morning. All right, let's get into this yet Boosy badass versus Raloh. Now, Boosy has responded after Raulh went on live and said that he does not want to be performing in his forties.
Speaker 3: His fifties. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 9: And I'm focused on signing artists and being a CEO of a labor.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get old.
Speaker 9: Well, I ain't trying to be on staying like Boosy gravel.
Speaker 6: Will he follow a fifty years old?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, Boozy responded to that and said on social media, I have not spoken on you in years.
Speaker 3: Rala.
Speaker 2: You still heard by what you did what you did, Lol, I'm grateful that I'm still making one hundred and fifty thousand a weekend and selling out. You don't have a rap career and we'll never have one. And you're right, you should be a CEO because one thing you can't do is make music. Got to not give you that talent. Hashtag leave hip hop alone. Every other month you mentioned in me smah to get me off your mind and stop using my name for clout.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think it's personal.
Speaker 6: No, it's personal. Obviously something happened in the past.
Speaker 3: Probably Yeah, he said that.
Speaker 2: You know, he did a verse in a video for Free for You when you was locked up and refused to take the ten k you was trying to pay me. So that does hurt when I did something for.
Speaker 6: You, right, But something happened though, that's that's a personal shot. Well.
Speaker 2: Raloh responded to Boosie and here's what he said.
Speaker 10: I to hear you gonna get mad and me because I said I ain't want to be of a certain age on stage rapping.
Speaker 6: I ain't saying.
Speaker 10: Nothing was wrong with the Goats going on mother Face rapping and doing a month and I just personally don't want to do it.
Speaker 6: He on stage now rollo.
Speaker 3: No, he's saying you don't want to.
Speaker 6: Be what I'm saying, like he be on stages a lot now.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I don't know now.
Speaker 2: Raalo also said Auntie Buobo, I love you and maybe we can sit and drink us a cold forty five and talk, But you get on the internet telling the world I got to number and you know, damn well, I've been in prison six years. You ran to the breakfast club before me and called me a rat in front of the whole world, like it's against the street code to take a charge.
Speaker 6: What you know, I had to lead up to that rat, got it?
Speaker 2: So that's that's the issue, okay, But yes, so there was more to it than that. So you can read their full back and forth if you should feel like it. All right now, Lil Wayne has announced a Hot Boys reunion at Little Louisiana Fest twenty twenty four. That's a big deal, all right. There was the Batch Hotboys reunion in July, so he wants to do this official comeback. So they just announced this and there's gonna be additional artists and activation scheduled to be announced in the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: But it is back.
Speaker 2: So you guys can definitely go out to New Orleans to Smoothie King Center to go to that Little Wisiana Fast We might got to make that trip, all right now. Lil Wayne also went on Instagram to get some other news. He's in the studio. Here's what he said, and I'm working on car to six.
Speaker 4: I just want you to know that I just never finished. I was lying. I'm working on called the twenty six. I think you already know that.
Speaker 3: All right, So there you have it.
Speaker 2: Lil Wayne is definitely gonna be a person as he's older to still do music. And I also think hip hop is younger than other forms of music that we're gonna see artists getting older type.
Speaker 6: Right, that doesn't apply.
Speaker 10: That doesn't apply no more because at the end of the day, but you got to look at a simple math, right, You didn't have thirty year old rappers back in the eighties because hip hop itself.
Speaker 6: Wasn't even thirty.
Speaker 10: I've just turned fifty, do you go? So now nowadays you have all this thoughting careers in their thirties.
Speaker 3: All right now?
Speaker 2: Play by CARTI had to move because fans discovered where he lived. They discovered his home address. He was tucking a billboard, and he talked about the process of recording his last album, Whole Lot of Red, and the difficulties that happened. He said the anticipation grew so high that fans started to stalk him and members of his family. He said that fans sent flowers to his mom's house, and then he had to uproot and move his own home when his own homemaddress leaked online. But he said he was appreciative of people who supported him and he's blessed. But it is frustrating because that's where we have to lay our heads and so understanding that these are fans blessing to that, but I didn't want to have to move.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is your yet.
Speaker 2: Now when we come back, we have about last night where we discussed what we did last night. In the meantime, let's hear some weekend here is earned it And he also announced his new album, Hurry Up Tomorrow is on the horizon.
Speaker 3: Dan our producer is excited. It's way up.
Speaker 5: So about last night, Yes, I went down the last.
Speaker 2: Night, all right, his way up at Angela. Yeere manos here may know what were you doing?
Speaker 10: I spent a lot of time looking for my phone. It was up here, and it was up here. I went to T Mobile, I went to Apple.
Speaker 3: No one told you your phone was up here.
Speaker 6: I called Dan. He said, it's not up here. I clean up. I cleaned up the station. It's not here. I cleaned.
Speaker 10: But you have two phones right now two phones, so I'm looking for it and then I'm looking on fine to find me at find my phone.
Speaker 6: It's not it's not showing why not. I don't know why would it not.
Speaker 3: So maybe you don't have it LinkedIn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And the thing is it shows it shows one day phone.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: Somebody.
Speaker 2: It was on the charger, so I didn't get charge your phone for you. You know what a feeling? What type of feeling that is. There's been times I forgot my phone at home and had to be outside all day. It's like, think about it's gonna sound think about the time and we didn't have cell.
Speaker 10: Phones, but we wasn't dependent on don't but that's like we're dependent on phones for everything information, news, uh, to talk our people, like we to look at get a car, everything, everything, every pay bill say.
Speaker 2: Everything using Apple pay to stuff. I mean, that is the worst. I'd rather forget my wallet than my phone.
Speaker 10: Used to just be a phone where you just picked up the phone to call somebody.
Speaker 2: Do you use everything on your phone that you can use? Like do you pay for stuff using the apps?
Speaker 6: Do you do you pay for certain things on the app?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 2: Not everything using Apple pay because there's times I've forgotten my wallet at home, and I'm like, pretty soon, we're not gonna need cash, We're not gonna need credit cards, We're not gonna need any of those things. Everything is just going to be your fingerprint. If you can use your fingerprint to pay for all your stuff and to do everything, are you okay with that?
Speaker 3: Some people feel like getting my.
Speaker 10: Information they got they got minds every anyway, they had my DNA.
Speaker 6: A lot of people, they got me, they got me, right, I know that.
Speaker 3: Well, yesterday I was actually out looking for I have to go to a wedding.
Speaker 6: Oh what wedding are you going to? Am I invited?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, I don't know if you know, do you know Jennifer from basketball line? That laugh is a maniacal. But anyway, I'm going to her wedding. So now I have to buy a dress for the wedding. So I was out looking for that yesterday. The wedding is in Paris, so we have to fly to Paris. Right, you have to get a dressed, you have to get a room, right, and then I guess you have to get a gift too, right on top of everything else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can you don't have to No, no, going to Paris.
Speaker 3: It was to talk so bad.
Speaker 6: Going to Paris is the gift, like you pulled up to Paris. Yeah, don't for gifts for destination weddings. This is what I'm saying. It's a destination wedding to bring a gift at all. Not for destination weddings. Your presence is the present. I heard the dude might not make it though, all right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that is about last night. When we come it's tell us a secret. Eight hundred two nine two fifty is the number. Call us up if you have a secret that you want to tell us.
Speaker 6: I'm telling me a secret.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred to nine two fifty one fifty, call us up. Tell us a secret.
Speaker 4: This is a judgment free zone. Tell us the secret.
Speaker 3: What's up? Its way up at Angela. Yeah, I'm here. Oh let me know what my voice manos here?
Speaker 6: Why would you is a secret?
Speaker 3: Time you said you have one?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Man.
Speaker 10: The other day I was like doing something and something happened and then somebody jumped out and it was like oh wow, I saw a car and it was like oh wow, I.
Speaker 2: Was did use the condom? Eight nine fifty one fifty Hello anonymous, call it. What's your secret?
Speaker 7: So I'm in a relationship with my baby dad of this baby mom.
Speaker 3: Wow, my baby dad.
Speaker 11: Nice?
Speaker 10: Something about that that I like, it's just something about that that's really really sneaky, but it's like kind of sexy.
Speaker 6: Two girls, right, you would be with you? This is crazy?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 6: How does that work? Though?
Speaker 12: We really like.
Speaker 7: Each other, you know, and we really love our kids.
Speaker 10: And yeah both him Okay, man, Well it's too bad for him because he couldn't be able to really maximize on the situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not at all.
Speaker 8: He don't get those privileges.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I just want to know how did it even pop off?
Speaker 3: Like the first time? Who initiated it?
Speaker 7: She initiated it.
Speaker 6: She came out to me, Okay, are y'all going full like les or y'all putting any in there?
Speaker 10: Gosh, I'm asking, okay, nice?
Speaker 13: Nice?
Speaker 2: But at least he has a cool baby mom besides you.
Speaker 7: You know, you know, I was very thankful to that that we weren't hell.
Speaker 3: All right, that's good.
Speaker 2: I like when the baby mom's link up, all right, but thank you for calling.
Speaker 10: I like that one, you know, and the thing you know that it's a positive. It's a positive space for the kids too, though, you understand it.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't know about that.
Speaker 10: No, not, But what I'm saying that they're not fighting, but you know, at least they to help each other out with the kids and stuff.
Speaker 6: It's a positive space.
Speaker 3: Hey, not hims calor. How are you?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 3: You want to tell me a man of a secret.
Speaker 8: A couple of years.
Speaker 9: Back, I was at a church conference and I ended up slaking with two friends. It still was about thirty minutes apart, and we're all in the gym and you.
Speaker 6: Had two men? What friends?
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm trying to hear you.
Speaker 6: You hit two friends? They friends?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they were best friends.
Speaker 6: Nice, Okay, I understand you hit them in church.
Speaker 9: Though, well it was at a church conference. We're at the hotel in the gym.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're going to law's work though.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, yeah, you know I've spent my seeds.
Speaker 6: Okay, are you with one of them?
Speaker 8: Nah? I ain't with neither one of them.
Speaker 3: Did you use the kindom?
Speaker 8: Nah?
Speaker 9: I didn't use no kindom.
Speaker 2: You know, be care for this super gun? Yeah, super committee. There's a lot of superhero diseases.
Speaker 9: Super I'm probably both of their cherry son. I know at least one of them were. How do you know because we were all in church together.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well, thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: All right, shout out to all the women that have been convinced their virgins.
Speaker 6: All right, squire boy, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that was tell us a secret eight hundred fifty fifty. You could always leave a message and tell us a secret that way. And when we come back, we have your yee te And let's talk about Dancing with the Stars. Y'all may want to watch this season coming up? Its way up.
Speaker 4: Sure, she's about to blow the lead ab off this spot. Let's get it. Angelus feeling that.
Speaker 6: Yee te, Come and get the tea.
Speaker 3: All right, it's way up.
Speaker 2: I'm here, Mano's here right, all right, and let's get into some yeat dancing with the Stars. Can you believe it's season thirty three of Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you who's on this season, Yes, seasons a year.
Speaker 2: Fager Parks is going to be on there. There's thirteen celebrities on there. Faga Parks is on there. You know what else is on there? And this is an interesting one Dwight Howard, and I saw the picture. He's quite tall, so he's lifting his partner up in the air. She's like, he's so tall. But he's going to be on Dancing with the Stars. Y'all got to vote to The woman he's dancing with is Daniella carragatch, so that should be interesting. Anna Delvey is going to be on there too, and you know her from Inventing Anna on Netflix.
Speaker 3: She was the scammer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and she's been.
Speaker 2: On under house arrest since twenty twenty two, so they recently relaxed the terms of her house arrests.
Speaker 6: So I guess Inventing Anna.
Speaker 3: Remember she was like scamming people. She was acting she was an heiress. The real one be there, Yeah, the real one, not.
Speaker 6: That Oh okay, got it.
Speaker 2: So we might got to watch some of the Tory spelling is on there as well. I want to see how far Dwight Howard goes.
Speaker 6: Well, we know how far he goes. He goes far, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: Speaking of NBA players, ex NBA star Glenn Davis, his prison sentence was delayed. Now you know he was sentenced to forty months in prison for his role in defrauding an NBA insurance policy. Well, he has a seven week delay now because they want him to finish filming a documentary.
Speaker 3: About his life.
Speaker 2: So before he does that, they're like, Okay, we know that he needs to be able to finish his filming commitments. They also believe the money that he makes when the project can help offset this significant amount of money that he owes, so they're allowing him to delay.
Speaker 3: To going to prison to finish that. I remember that was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was twenty two people, including former NBA players and doctors, who would charge in a conspiracy to defraud the league's benefit plan. I can't believe that they would have done something like that, especially because these are people that have money, right all right, Ari Lennox talks about why she hasn't started an only Fans account, and before we play this, I just want to say, Arie Lennox has a very funny sense of humor to me.
Speaker 3: So here's what you had to say.
Speaker 13: Sixty percent of the reason why I won't started only Fans is because if I get on there and I am not good at it, I'm going to be really only making one dollar a month. Like I really got crazy freaky on here and nobody is giving up the coin. And then the other forty percent is my morals.
Speaker 6: I guess I can see.
Speaker 2: Ari Lennox, Ari, I just want to say, on only fans, they are trying to do like different types of content, like.
Speaker 3: What you don't have to be naked, you don't get that break.
Speaker 2: I mean, now Rawlings had only I don't think it worked out those Yeah, but she does have a single coming out and that's what she's promoting.
Speaker 6: Its called coming Out with Monsoon.
Speaker 3: That's coming out September thirteenth.
Speaker 6: You're only fans, Yeah, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I think you would do well doing what though, cooking things like that, maybe a book club. Nice, Yeah, I could say riding your bikes right right, right right, not the bikes that you ride, but like a bicycle. All right, all right, well that is your ut. When we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily and the headlines. They're flying under the radar, but we want to bring them to Yeah anyway, so you know about it.
Speaker 3: It's way up at Angela yee.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, news news.
Speaker 5: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up with Angela yee, I'm here and Maino's here, oh man, and we're doing these under the radar stories.
Speaker 3: So we're looking at Navidia right now.
Speaker 2: And according to reports on Tuesday, around two hundred and seventy nine billion dollars of value was wiped off of Navidia. That was the biggest one day market capital capitalization job for US DOC in history.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is crazy.
Speaker 6: I know elevator went all the way to the basement.
Speaker 2: And I know everybody was talking about purchasing the stock. So I guess we'll see what happens. The CEO, Jensen Huang, lost ten billion dollars as the company stock plummeted and his net worth fell to well, his fortune actually was at a certain high. It soared by fifty one billion just this year. But now Navidia has already lost about two hundred and eighty billion dollars off of its market capitalization.
Speaker 6: So did it say what made it drop?
Speaker 2: It's a DOJ probe and so part of that is Navidia's planned acquisition of run Ai, which makes software for managing AI computing.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe it has to do with this investigation, but you know, I know a lot of people have and anything can happen at this point right now, But just letting y'all know that's why the stock market is volatile. And if anybody tells you it's a guaranteed return on anything, there is no such thing. All right now, it's a new school year and some schools are saying that you can't have on hoodies. You can't, we're all black clothing. They're even talking about removing mirrors from school bathrooms in some schools. Wow, I don't know what removing a mirror will do for the bathroom. But did you have a dress code when you were going to school coming up?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, definitely.
Speaker 2: I remember we weren't allowed to wear skirts that were like above our like too far more than like two inches above your knees, and you know, clothing that was too tight and all kinds of things. Another thing that they're doing is some kids have to drop off their phones in one of those bags and a pouch when they come into school, and they can't have it till they go.
Speaker 3: Into a Dave Chapelle comedy show.
Speaker 2: And you can't get your phone back until you leave because they don't want kids to have cell phones, tablets, even smart watches during the school day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, so it's a different day and age.
Speaker 2: Crocks are also something that they're banning from certain schools.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you shouldn't be able to wear wear crocks. It feels like it would be very comfortable. But also tight hats, sunglasses, bubble slid shoes, headband's, bonnets or bandanas.
Speaker 6: What about the shisties.
Speaker 2: I would think that you can't wear those right in school. I can't imagine that that would be okay, But you know some kids, everything else has been step for that. Yeah, some kids have been wearing those all summer. Right, But that is your under the radar now, you know. We have the Way Up Mix at the top of the hour, plus we have a Wealth Wednesday Priceless Conversation with MasterCard.
Speaker 3: You guys are gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Some valuable information, but not just information, but tangible things that you can do to help you no matter where you are with your business, if you're scaling, uh, no matter what it is. We have Tory Dennis, who's the senior vice president of MasterCard Product Management, Shante Lundy, the founder of Black Girl Sunscreen, Bran Meldon Noto, the co founder of Create Labs, and will also be joined by special guests Carolina Wang and Benny and Mary, who founded Eat Good and YC. All Right, it's way up, just.
Speaker 7: Like the Talut like they, a Jeal Jean like they and Jeli Jee.
Speaker 4: Man, she's spilling it all this is yet.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up with Angela Ye, I'm here, Maino's here and breaking news.
Speaker 3: There was a reported shooting at a.
Speaker 2: Georgia high school and they said casualties have been reported, according to a statement, but however details on the number or their conditions is not available at this time. They do have one suspect in custody after authorities received a report of.
Speaker 3: An active shooting.
Speaker 2: A local hospital is receiving patients with gunshot wounds, according to a source at the hospital. They told CNN, all right, so our prayers go out because we don't know what's happening, but we're giving you updates now because this is in real time.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: Meghan the Stallion is.
Speaker 2: On the cover of Billboard and she's talking about a lot of different things, you know. They asked her a lot of questions about her starting off her career playing in Texas and now she's doing arenas, and she said that's what taught her how to be the performer that she is every time she goes on stage. She said, I'm not thinking too hard. I'm thinking like I'm partying with my people. Another thing that she talked about is Nicki Minaj and if there's any chance for a reconciliation between her and Nicki Minaj, and she basically said she doesn't even know what the problem is or how it started. So she said, I still to this day don't know what the problem is. I don't even know what could be reconciled because I to this day don't know what the problem is. She They also addressed chann and Sharp and how we had made some inappropriate comments about her last November and he apologized. She said, do you feel like you've been getting more support from black men over the last few years or is that something you're still looking for more of? And she said, at this point in my life, I really don't care. Maybe if you would have asked me this last year or two years ago, I would have wished I had more black people in general in my corner. It would have felt nice to be protected by some black men in this instance. But the more I wasn't getting it, the more and more I realized I wasn't going to get it.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, she could read that full full article. They actually also did like a Q and A with her about anime as well. She talks about that, yeah.
Speaker 3: Very much.
Speaker 2: All right, now let's talk about Ice Spice, because how can we not go back to her back and forth with Cleo Trappum. Now Ice Spice's manager, James Roseman Junr. Is weighing in on social media. He said, my team spoke to the artist manager this morning and the artist manager said he blames himself because he pushed his client to stay because it was a great opportunity, but he knows his client is one hundred percent wrong. The manager realizes client didn't have the financial backing to be on the tour. So he's saying he spoke to Cleo trapp as manager and that's what he said, is her manager still will or because I know that's who bought her up here when she was here.
Speaker 6: They were supposed to speak in the beginning.
Speaker 2: Well, and James Roseman Junior said, this is what happens when an artist team don't manage their artist expectations when an opportunity comes in front of them. If you're not prepared for an opportunity and your team is improperly advancing, then that's on them, not on us offering the opportunity. So he's basically saying He also said, the entitlement and ego are crazy. You have to invest in yourself a ka, pay expenses if need be, for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's Corny's right, and I saw Cappella agreed.
Speaker 6: Way you got.
Speaker 10: You got a point there. That's what I was saying yesterday. When you when you're the opening artists, you're paying for all your stuff.
Speaker 3: I will say this though.
Speaker 2: The only thing that is different in the situation is that they are supposed to have been friends and according to Problem and according to Cleo Chappa, she asked her what do I need to do to come on and say what I need to pay for?
Speaker 3: And she said, don't worry, I got you right.
Speaker 6: But then when you flip it on the other side, her team, which I'm I'm sure she has one, was supposed to be in contact in Cohoops with with Ice spices teams and working out the logistics, working out the you know, the tour dates, working out we're going to be housing the room and.
Speaker 3: All at both of their teams. Really, that's what I'm right.
Speaker 10: But if I'm the artist, it's my it's my it's my job to have my my people reach out to them though, because I'm the opening app now.
Speaker 3: James Roseman Jr.
Speaker 2: Also Said sound times an artists can mistakenly misspeak and just genuinely excited to be extending the opportunity. But that's where the artist's management need to come together and ask the right questions to make sure things are accurate, because there's always a cost associated to an opportunity. Now, Cleo Chopper was saying that if I just knew what that cost was, I could take care of it. But I guess she was told differently and she felt like she was meant to be humiliated and embarrassed. But I'm sure we're going to see more of this playout because there's definitely still still more happening, and that is your yet when we come back, ask ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty call us up any question you have.
Speaker 3: We're here to help you out is way up?
Speaker 5: Everybody sens with its relationship or career advice.
Speaker 4: Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 3: This is Askee What's up? Its way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: I'm Angela Yee and the award winning advice Gary Wino is here and we have Henry on the line.
Speaker 3: Henry, what's your question?
Speaker 8: His I just graduated college and I've been looking forward for the entertainment for a while, and I wanted to ask what skills do you feel like you focused early in your career to get to where you are right now? And you got any advice? Network effectively for some college graduates.
Speaker 3: Well, when you say in the entertainment business, like, what.
Speaker 6: Do you mean media? Media?
Speaker 10: Well, do you know exactly what it is that you want to do? What your passion is?
Speaker 8: My passion would be to work musically for words?
Speaker 6: Oh an R work?
Speaker 10: Well, the first thing I think you should do is try to find out everything it is to know about what an an R does. Learn as much as possible about it, and then you know network man, networking.
Speaker 6: Is going to advance.
Speaker 10: Going to things that you know put you in a position around people in that environment that can introduce you to other people that you know, you can hopefully get a job, and now you may not start as an an R.
Speaker 6: You might have to start as an intern intern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Did you do anything when you were in college to prepare for this, Like, did you do any internships, any type of networking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've been working with several media companies. My bus working with. They are people I've been working early. I'm also just traveling and working on some of these things as well.
Speaker 2: I think that you need to contact the places and people that you interned for and worked with and let them know, hey, if there's something going on. I definitely want to make sure I come out, make some connections, make yourself valuable to people, and I think it's always good to have information and do your research. So if you follow somebody's career, you know, you can email them and offer them suggestions and how you can be of assistance to them, how you can help them. The other thing that I would say is to look at your alumni resources. You went to college, you graduated, There have to be some alumni that went to your school that work at places where you would want to work and reach out to them. Because people are more likely to return an email to somebody that went to the school that they went to. And part of what you pay for in education is also the network that comes with that degree.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And last thing I want to say is just make a pact with yourself where maybe every day you send out two emails, just two cold emails, and you never know what can come out of that, and dig back into who you know and who's in your network that you could reach out to that you may not even think about. But if you tell yourself every day I'm gonna send out a minimum of two emails that are personalized that our research that I can send to somebody, eventually something will happen.
Speaker 8: Now, thank you, This is great, Thanks so much, Angela.
Speaker 3: All right, you're welcome, Henry, good luck. All right.
Speaker 2: Well that was ask ye eight hundred and two ninety two, fifty one to fifty if you couldn't get through and when we come back, man valuable information. We have wealth Wednesday for you priceless conversations with MasterCard. We have the senior vice president of Massacre Product Management, Troy Dennis, joining us, the founder of Black Girl Sunscreen, Shante Lundy, and the co founder of Create Labs a Bron Maldonado.
Speaker 3: It's way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 1: I had a dream of wealthy and I don't mind sharing my wealth dog.
Speaker 5: Getting you straight financially, mentally and physically is wealth Wednesday on Way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: What's up is Angela Yee And I'm really excited to be back with another Massacred roundtable. These are priceless conversations with Massacred. It's a roundtable discussion focus on the opportunities and challenges that small businesses face, along with because we like to be positive about it, resources that you can tap into.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Massacred. So let's get into it first.
Speaker 2: Up, we have Troy Dennis, who is a senior vice president and Massacred product management Tory just give us a little bit of background quickly so people know.
Speaker 14: Troy Dennis, senior vice president Massacre. I lead product for North America. I also lead our installed There the Efforts, which is our commitment to help close the economic wealth gap on the black community within the US, and I'm in charge of the digital transformation for you guys.
Speaker 3: Bron Meldonado, what's up.
Speaker 2: You are the co founder of Create Labs, So talk to us about this because these are priceless conversations when it comes to technology and AI.
Speaker 11: Yes, well, we started doing a lot of social impact work trying to get more of our black and brown folks into the text industry, and we pivoted to Genitive AI. So we're a black and brown founded JENAI company building things like chatchabt or other GPTs for companies. And you know, Massacard really hooked us up. They are one of our clients and their insolidarity program has a program called StarPath where they give opportunities to you know, underserve entrepreneurs and startups and we were lucky enough to get that opportunity and live being great with us so far.
Speaker 2: All right, And then we got my girls Shante Lenda the founder a Black Girl Sunscreen and by the way, Jess recently lined to BGS men.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so Black Girls Sunscreen we started almost about eight years ago, twenty sixteen, with me being a woman of the sun and I was offered sunscreen that just wasn't rubbing into my skin. So I reached out to a couple of people and it took about a year and a half to make the Sunscreen, and we did a lot of grassroot things, going to different activations, everything that I possibly could do, jumping on the news, jumping on the radio, and just growing the business one sunscreen at a time on our own dot com.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's a priceless conversation with MasterCard alongside Troy Dennis is the senior vice president of Massacre Product Management, Shante Lundy, who's the founder of black Girl Sunscreen, and Abron Maldonada, who's the co founder of Create Labs. Bron, can you tell us more about your AI tool, Clara and how it's beneficial for businesses.
Speaker 11: So, Clara is a digital woman that I created. She's an afrol athena, and we travel the world together as a digital influencer speaking to different audiences about AI. MasterCard souce on stage and they're like, we love what you're doing with like the representation and the diversity with your AI. Can you do the same thing for us with small business and make sure that we can develop something that serves underserved small businesses no matter what stage they're at, all over the world, and starting you know, domestically of course, with a coach in your pocket, a mentor because small businesses usually start as solopreneurs that have to do everything and wear so many hats, and sometimes you need that mentor at your disposal to ask those dumb questions on how to even price your product, and how to create a business plan and all these things. So AI can solve all those problems with tools like CHATCHBT, but even more so more culturally nuanced, more understanding of all the steps that are needed with the MasterCard Small Business AI product that we're building right now, so people can go to MasterCard dot com forward Slash small Business AI and it's exactly that it'll ask you, like, all right, well, what stage you at in your business?
Speaker 3: You know, as we're talking about all of these things.
Speaker 2: One thing that I want to make sure I bring up to you, Troy, because this is important too.
Speaker 3: A capital.
Speaker 2: That's another thing that is very crucial to the success of a small business. So how has MasterCard address this need and what steps can listeners who are seeking capital to start our scale their business take?
Speaker 3: What are some resources? Again, we love the tangibles.
Speaker 14: We love that, I know you love the access to capital is is one of the biggest things for small businesses, right but so many small businesses don't know what to do with the capitol. So that's why they need like full suite of programming like financial literacy and access to capital. So MasterCard we have unlocked over two hundred million dollars since twenty twenty and providing grants and access to capital to black owned small businesses.
Speaker 6: And then we also prepare.
Speaker 14: Small businesses for loans so they understand what do they need to be ready for that piece.
Speaker 2: So Toy, can you share some more about the start Path program that MasterCard has and other resources and solutions that you have for small business owners?
Speaker 4: I can? I can.
Speaker 14: So bron led a little bit about StarPath, so he came to Massacard through StarPath and so we use data insights, and so we looked across the fintech community and we said where the gaps at the black and brown ones weren't getting the funds and weren't getting the resources. So you know, Sante told about access to capital, but there's also just technical resources like partnerships, and so what Mascard did is we started to start PA program for Create Labs for businesses like Mokafi who's a black on fintech on Wall Street, and so we do that so that they have the opportunity in the same advances that some of the other FinTechs who get funded.
Speaker 4: At a greater rate.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have more priceless conversations with MasterCard when we come back.
Speaker 3: It's a Wealth Wednesday. It's way up.
Speaker 1: We had a dream of wealthy and I don't mind sharing my wealth dog getting you straight financially, mentally and physically.
Speaker 4: This is Wealth Wednesday on way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 3: What's up? Its way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: I'm Angela Yee and it's a Wealth Wednesday, and we are doing priceless conversations with MasterCard. We're talking to Troy Dennis, who's the senior vice president of MasterCard Product Management, Chante Lundy who's the founder of black Girl Sunscreen, and a Bron Maldonado, who is the co founder of Create Labs. And I want to keep this energy going because we actually have something special that we're about to do. We do have a special guest, well two special guests, and they're gonna tell us they're inspiring story. So it's a New York City local business founded by two creators, Carolina Wing and Benny Emery of Eat Good NYC and Saint Michelle Cafe in Brooklyn, welcome.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Can you just give us a quick rundown of the business Eat Good m i C And Saint Michelle Cafe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, E good y s.
Speaker 12: We started about ten years ago. We are custom dessert food art company as we like to call it. We make cupcakes, cookies, cakes.
Speaker 6: Candies, whatever you can imagine.
Speaker 12: And Saint Michelle Cafe is our little watering hole of like my individual or cafe. We tell pastries, coffee, teas, all kinds of stuff and just.
Speaker 6: Provide good vibes. Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 10: And also it's like a boutique for all of our food art from cupcakes, candy art to cakes and you know and other amazing things.
Speaker 6: That we do.
Speaker 2: And Benny and Carolina, can you talk to me about how you guys linked up a MasterCard.
Speaker 12: I say from day one, you gotta do what you're passionate about. And as an Argentinian soccer is one, ny CFC is my team. We got season tickets and everything, and so they had the City Assist program and so we were finalists for that and it has been incredible because A I got to present and work with a team that I'm really really passionate about, and MasterCard has just you know, put us in certain rooms that really you just never know. But I think it just kind of worked out that I got to work with something that I'm very passionate about, but also have access and get to know. I think what the biggest thing that MasterCard has really helped us is put us in room with other businesses and there's other people that are going to the same struggles as we are, and we're sharing resources and all of that because that's how we survive.
Speaker 3: Right Well, you know what, MasterCard is amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie, and I want to thank you guys so much for joining us. I cannot wait to see how your business grows.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm in Brooklyn, yes, and I love dessert.
Speaker 6: And we also love your location.
Speaker 2: By the way, maybe we'll be able to do something there, you know. In fact, I know Troy has a gift for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We love a big check. Oh start a ten dollar check. The massacred and way up. We are so happy.
Speaker 6: I've always wanted.
Speaker 12: Guys.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this warms my heart all right, But listen, everybody, thank.
Speaker 3: You so much.
Speaker 4: Station. Thank you. Thank you for all you'll such.
Speaker 2: A priceless conversation and I love to see all of the business in this room that has been growing and scaling and you know.
Speaker 3: Just evolving.
Speaker 2: All right, well, you guys, everybody share your handles so we know where to find you. So people are definitely going to be hitting you all up. Let's start with you, sure.
Speaker 15: Black Girls Sunscreen across all digital.
Speaker 11: Platforms on Twitter, I'm just at a broun a b r A n on I G. It's at Create Labs or at le Bron Underscore AI for us, E.
Speaker 12: Good N, y C, SAMT Michel and y C on all the social media platforms Instagram, all.
Speaker 14: That Troy Dennis on LinkedIn MasterCard. Just in closing, you can access resources like MasterCards Digital Doors and learn more about Masscar's effort to close the economic wealth gap by visiting MasterCard, dot Com, Forward Slash Solidarity.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you all so much for joining us. Make sure you follow and again, another priceless conversation brought to you by MasterCard and Way Up with Angela Yee. You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with ye And when we come back, you guys, have the last words.
Speaker 5: Take up the phone taping to get your voice heard with the word bit he is the last word.
Speaker 4: On Way Up with Angela, Yee?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 3: Is Way Up at Angela?
Speaker 8: Yee?
Speaker 2: I'm Angela yee. My guy manos here. I'm looking at all these throwback pictures.
Speaker 6: We'll show you one two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so many yours.
Speaker 2: Because you know tomorrow'stow Back Thursday. We gotta get ready to post these throwbacks. But thank you to everybody who joined us for our Wealth Wednesday Prices conversations with MasterCard.
Speaker 3: You can watch that full.
Speaker 2: Interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with ye A lot of exciting news is breaking right now. I see this whole Resttisa movie is happening, So that's exciting. I can't wait to see it. Did you tune into the whole rest Tissa situation? All right, well, we're definitely gonna go see that movie. So I'm actually going to to Chicago this weekend. Shout out to my girl Cella in Chicago. She's having her birthday party, me and Trina and she said, Ma, no, you know, let's you know, we got you all right, So get ready for that I'm already trying to prepare myself.
Speaker 3: But again, you guys have the last word.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good mar I like to chine a light on Carrissa, my wife. She's a good woman. All work in parent.
Speaker 9: Hey, this is we go.
Speaker 8: From Columbia, South Carolina.
Speaker 3: I like to find a light on my husband, but being the best husband in the world, being.
Speaker 7: The great founders for our kids and helping me out through everything. Thanks so much. I saw like the.
Speaker 13: Time to light on my boyfriend. He's the great.
Speaker 8: He taps everything above water and everything is great.
Speaker 3: Life is great.
Speaker 8: Thank you boss.
Speaker 4: Going way out, turning out with Angela Yee