Speaker 1: Kabooms. If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sore fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, the clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and not Danny g Radio. He'll be back now. He's got the kid on the way, but in his place, the beloved. We call him Alex le Vegan because Alex Tischert is his name, and he's been a staple beloved at Fox Sports Radio. And hopefully we'll continue for many more years, although I think you won't be there that long because you've got and I tell you all the time, you're gonna go off and do your own thing. You'll become the Ryan Seacrest of the anime world, Alex. That's my prediction. So I'll be working for you someday. I will be miserating with you for work at some point down the line. But we are back at it on the podcast here on a Sunday, Hope your weekend is going okay. Before we get to the mailbag, I want to do pop goals the culture. We were supposed to do it yesterday, but we got carried away. And so these are some stories that happened during the week, Alex, and then we just got to give a thought or two react to them kind of what we think about them. This Mark Zuckerberg story has been getting some traction this week as he is getting ready for an MMA fight with Elon Musk. The two superpowers, the oligarchs of the Internet are going to get together, and Zuckerberg revealed that he eats four thousand calories four thousand calories a day to get ready for this, and he revealed his gigantic McDonald's order that I loved that. Zuckerberg's still he's still going for the McDonald's there, despite the fact that he's got more money than you can possibly spend lifetime. But yeah, he actually said this on the on the threads app he's he talked about his daily routine there and he has twenty nuggets, a quarter pounder large fries, and Oreo mcflurry apple pie and some side cheeseburgers for later. That's his workout routine. That must sound disgusting to you, right, Alex, the way you eat your Alex the vegan.
Speaker 2: That must oh god, yeah, I'm pretty sure one. I have a hard time believing that guy even eats that. I think that's all cloud. I think that is all just basically him saying that because promotion sponsorships, he owns partnerships. Who knows, Like, there is no way that guys any McDonald's, no absolute way.
Speaker 1: I tend to agree with you. Actually, I think this is bullshit.
Speaker 2: It is there's no way that guy's got probably five personal chefs just to make him tea.
Speaker 3: There's no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that does it sounds like it might be. It's it sounds, in our opinion like say McDonald's commercial he's got some kind of sight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it sounds like he's trying to make himself seem like the common folk, like the people who can only afford McDonald. So I'm with you. This is what I eat when I get ready for a fight. Yeah, bullshit, dude, ain't no way.
Speaker 1: He's relatable unless he's not. Well. Some people he's not. Some people say he's a lizard person. So that would mean he might not eat at all. Maybe he doesn't eat anything. I don't know. He's also to get ready for this super fight with Elon Musk. He's apparently accord to the tabloids here. I read this in the tabloids, so very reliable. The tabloids in London say that Mark Zuckerberg has built an octagon in back of the house there. It sounds when you say a backyard octagon, it sounds pretty crazy, right. He likely lives on a plantation, yes, like so it's like a little small part. But the table was like his wife's upset that he built this oca guy on the back. And I mean, I don't I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: People have nothing else to complain about. I wouldn't doubt it either. This guy probably has a as you said, like he probably owns fifty acres just for his like country house, Like that's just his summer vacation house.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and he's he's a smart guy. But he also stored didn't he steal Facebook from two of them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they say. You know, nice guys finished last. And that's what a lot of these guys do, is they steal other people's ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, good news this week, Alex. I'm sure you saw this year. The world a much safer place now as incandescent bulbs. Light bulbs have been banned in the United Sto. So I think we can all sleep better now, we can all rest easy. The world has now been fixed. Those pesky incandescent light bulbs pioneered by a guy named Thomas Edison over one hundred years ago, and they are now gonzo gonzo. There's some new federal energy efficiency regulations that went into full effect earlier this week. And so these things, the rules actually go back to when Obama was the president, and now they've finally gotten around to getting rid of them. So do you want to jail for that? Like? What if? Can you imagine being in jail? Yeah? What are you in for? Well? I had I got like a two dozen on the dark, two dozen incandescent light bulbs. The Feds found me, and now I'm in jail.
Speaker 3: So I would tell him that wasn't a very bright idea?
Speaker 1: Was it? Be here all day long?
Speaker 2: Alex the man the bet are you kidding me? They've banned light bulbs? But for what is it doing in killing people.
Speaker 1: Well, it's taking too much energy, and you can't be selfish and take all the energy.
Speaker 3: Oh stop it, Ben, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I'm not again certain certain rules and regulations, but I do think it's a bit hypocritical. I'll get in my high horse here. Oh please, the the wackos that believe if like we live in California, they got rid of. The thing that annoys me a lot lately is the plastic straw They went with the paper straw. You can't have plastic straws because you got to save the turtles or something like that. And I'm thinking for California does it, but most of the other states don't do it. And then like around the world. You think in China or India, they're concerned about plastic straws.
Speaker 3: Nope, probably not. Yeah, no, you know that's not doing anything. That's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the same thing with the pollutions, Like, well, we're going to clean up. That's great, that's a very noble thing to get rid of the pollution. But if you think that's going to really make a dent, considering how big the planet is and how small America is in comparison to the other parts of the world. It's like, yeah, you know, you think in Pakistan they're like, wells worry about the different regulations with the anyway, it just always it always annoys me.
Speaker 3: So I just know I'm with you.
Speaker 2: How about we ban GMOs if we really want to make people healthier, why are we worried about light bulbs? Like that's what we're worried about light bulbs? Okay, Well, ban private planes.
Speaker 1: Imagine all the celebrities lose their lunch.
Speaker 2: And that's the that's the crap that gets me so much. As these celebrities on their high horse, but they took a private jet just to go down the street to tell.
Speaker 3: You about it. Get out of here, dude.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. You know. The funniest is when they have the global they get together in Europe, they have a global upbrings to fix the environment and they all fly in on private flat. It's so good, it's so incredible. It is so but it's like that thing during COVID, right, it's like rules for for the rules for the them, not for me, right, rules for me?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, rules for THEE but not for me or something like that.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Yeah, where it's like, yeah, you follow the rules, but I don't have to.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like I remember all that stuff, Like it's crazy that people haven't seen. Like it's not going to be a plastic straw or light bulb that's going to fix this. It's shit we have right now. It's the structure at hand. Okay, you want to stop pollution in the water, how about some freaking garbage and nets on those things that shoot out in the ocean.
Speaker 3: What are we doing here? Like, how is this not something more understanding? It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So like ten years ago, I was in Hawaii, one of the last times in Hawaii, I got married, and we were out on the ocean in Kawai and there were little pieces of plastic that were coming up to the beach. Deserted beach, beautiful beach, picturesque, amazing beach in Hawaii there and there was little pieces of plastic and I picked some of them up and they had Chinese writing on them that they was trash, that Nina that had floated through the Pacific and ended up landing on a beach, little particles. It wasn't even that I could see a little Chinese writing, but it looked I don't speak Chinese. I don't read Chinese, but it looked like Chinese letters on there. So, yeah, it's a small world. After I learned that at Disneyland, it's a small small well, it's a lot smaller. Yeah, I know it is. It's got kind of scary. Is called a small pop goes to the culture. How about this one, Cardi B. I said, you know you saw that, right, Cardi B. The microphone toss there, She got a fan through a drink at in Vegas and she chucked the microphone at the fan. Well, that microphone has now become a very important piece of entertainment memorabilia and it is being auctioned off on eBay and there is a massive amount of people that want to get their hands on that microphone. They're going to get the microphone that Cardi B tossed, and she is facing a battery charge as well for that. But you know, that was a pretty good throw. I was impressed. She's got some skills, Cardi B.
Speaker 2: So you saw the whole video bend where she was like literally saying like she's on stage, I'm hot, I need some water. She's like throw some water out. I mean, so people start throwing water at her, so then she gets upset. It's like you enabled this, Like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: You're supposed to leave that part out. You're not supposed to.
Speaker 3: It just blows my mind.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to leave that on the cutting room floor. The owner of the audio company that's applied the microphones listed the microphone on eBay after Yeah, it's a it's a sure microphone of course, of course. And this thing still has a few days to go. I believe the auction. Oh, actually I think it ends. I think it ends tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Actually, wow, what's it at right now?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's Tuesday. It's it's one hundred You do the one hundred thousand dollars at this point? Oh my gosh, I'm sure it's gone up by it'll go up today. But yeah, for wow, that's wild. What do you what do you do with that? Do you use it? Use it? Right? It's a good look at microphone own. But my goodness, okay, you're gonna been on that. They love the memory, but it's all about the memory. Bea so very very cool. Let's get to the mail bag. What do you say we have mail listener? Mail That means, ohio, it's he put a little song in there, Alex, and we love that. So the first email, this is actual messages. Email what are postings from listeners of this podcast. You can post a question on the Facebook page, which is Ben Malor's show. Usually on Tuesdays. I put something up and you can post a message and also email the podcast Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. That's all letters, no numbers, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, and we may use your question on the air. First one is Mike, who was in Twitter jail, also in Fullerton. He says, Ben, I want you to know your show is really helping me get through this dark time in my life. Yeah, Mike was banned from Twitter. His Twitter account was banned because he goofed on me, did like a joke about me, and they banned him. I says, hopefully it be I can be free to tweet as I please again soon, he says. Last week you brought up sneaking into the owners meetings at the Rich Carlton fifteen years ago, the NFL owners meetings. How did you manage to pull that off? You must have been only a teenager at the time. Yeah, I was, like, you know, I was in elementary school. That's how I did it. No, seriously, I was in elementary school and alex I just I was a cute little kid, and they don't they don't question cute little kids. I just walked right in unless unless I walked in kind of like I was supposed to be there, and I was able to circumvent the security and sit on these really expensive sofas at the Ritz Carlton because I was waiting to meet somebody who was there also, and I was around all of these robber barons of business in the NFL, you know, because that's when you own an NFL team. It's kind of like a piece of art. You do it because you've made a ton of money and you want to flex, You want to show off. You want to go to cocktail parties and have people who want to talk to you, because nobody wants to talk to the hedge fund guy. They want to talk to the owner of the Falcons or you know, like Arthur Blank, the guy that knows the Falcons was. He made his money at Home Depot and I love Home Depot. I go there a lot, but you know, I don't want to talk about Home Depot. You talk about the Atlanta Falcons. Anyway, Yeah, Mike, I did get in there and sat around sow a bunch of people that I recognized, but I kind of kept to myself and it was a fond, fond memory. And he also wants to know if Alex, you have any stories of breaking into places, sneaking into places you should not have been. He says, He's all, ears, have you ever had that?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's funny.
Speaker 2: So I've I've kind of had these things been where I just I act like I'm supposed to be there, so I'm there. And so I've gotten into concerts, I've gotten into probably places I shouldn't have that I don't even know what they were. Some places in Hollywood that kind of have like a black door entry and you kind of walk into a place You're like, Okay, this doesn't seem like a kind of place I want to go deeper into, almost like an eyes wide shut kind of a vibe. So it's it's interesting, like the amount of places I've gotten to just from the attributes of me meeting people and going to these different environments. The one that stands out the most to me is like, I went to this place in I think it was uh, we were in Texas. So we went out there for an anime event because we got invited. This was back from the old podcast I did before this one, which was the Weave Nation with my buddy, and so we went out there because there was this big event.
Speaker 3: It was basically this we've stop.
Speaker 2: These other big companies out there were putting together for this in Texas event to bring anime there. And this is like now, I think it was just when COVID starts, so twenty twenty. So we're in Texas and we got off the plane early and so we basically have some time to kill before we check into our hotel at the time. Right, so we're walking around and I don't know if you know this bend, so people don't walk around in Texas.
Speaker 3: Did you know this?
Speaker 1: Nobody walks in I thought nobody walks in La nobody walks in Texas.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends where you go.
Speaker 2: But I guess Texas is so spread wide because of its type of area that it's in in the region and stuff like that. There's no sidewalks, there's no like crossing signs for lights and stuff. Really it's there's nobody walking because one it's so hot and two there's so much space between stuff. It would take you forever to go from your house to like, let's just say, a Walmart or whatever it is. Right, So nobody walks, okay, which was crazy?
Speaker 1: What city were you? What city were you in in Texas? Was it? So? Where were we? Yes?
Speaker 3: We went out to Houston, okay.
Speaker 2: And so what was crazy about this whole thing though, is that when you go outside of the main city area, out to like more of like the industrial areas or more outside where all these businesses aren't just residentials, again, nobody really walks.
Speaker 3: So we're just chilling out there.
Speaker 2: We're kind of just doing whatever with our luggage and stuff, waiting to check into our hotel. And we're going through these areas and as we're walking around, everybody's staring at us. So we're like, all right, this is kind of weird, Like what's going on here? A freaking cop pulled up bed and was like, what are you boys doing out here? I was just walking like these people don't walk around here.
Speaker 1: Like do you? What do you?
Speaker 3: People don't walk? What does that mean? Because we have our big old luggage bed.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. Yeah, Houston has no zoning laws. Did you know that was that That means you can build a strip club next to an elementary school.
Speaker 3: There's no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they have no no zoning laws. You can do whatever you want there. That's probably one of the reasons they don't have sidewalks. I bet you in if you go to like Dallas or San Antonio, some of the other big cities, I bet you they have sidewalks. But Houston's a little quirky. When it comes.
Speaker 3: It was weird. But now you're speaking, go for it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was just I mean, you could have a chemical plant and then a grocery store right next door. They don't. I don't really care.
Speaker 2: Well, that would make sense because we went to this place just to buy a drink and show for a second. But there was this building next to it that was all blacked out, so we kind of I walked in.
Speaker 3: I was curious, you know.
Speaker 2: So I walk in and they're like the reception area was kind of quiet. It was all dark and had this weird kind of design to it. There's like this I don't even remember the name of the place, but it had this backwalkway in behind the door area and it almost looked like old Wooden, like kind of like you're in a Western movie, like the Door to Open it Up, but it's it was just a weird vibe and nobody was there, so I'm like, okay, So I keep walking and you go this back area and it looked like people were filming something like some kind of a shoot or a movie. And like I'm telling you, Ben, like when I got that vibe quick like, I felt I was in the wrong place. I booked it out of there because I didn't want to see what was going on. I didn't know what was going on, but the area itself felt weird. And as soon as I left, that's when I told you, I was like, what is going on.
Speaker 3: In this place?
Speaker 2: There's only a Walmart next door a coup Pul's over said, we can't walk anywhere. I don't even know what they're filming in there. It it hurts me out man.
Speaker 1: Use city slickers aren't allowed here. What's wrong with you out there?
Speaker 3: You California's out here?
Speaker 1: Huh h get rid of Well, everyone hates Californias. But next up al from fraud Protection at Disney World Rights and it says, is there any truth to the rumor that Ferg Dog was suspended from X because he attempted to sell an autographed Ben Mallor credit card that he found at an ice cream shop. Yeah, I lost my credit card. I was getting ice cream for some cousins of mine and I could not find my credit card. I believe I left it at an ice cream shop, and so that is what he's referred to. I think that's exactly what Ferg Dog did. Fred in Spring Texas speaking of Texas, Fred in Spring Texas rights in Big Fan of the podcast. He says, do you have any tips to writing out the current heat wave that is going on? That is from Fred any life hacks? I recommend strategic placing of fans, proper use of ice on the forehead. Great little trick, obviously cool now, I think that's kind of obvious stuff that everyone should know. And uh, that's about it. I'm a big fan of room air conditioners as opposed to actual like the entire house being air conditsent kind of like just having one room. I think it's better you save money that way, but also I think it's more efficient, more effective. Yes, Yes, any any hacks you've picked up Alex to avoid the heat of the summer here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll give you one that will prevent heat stroke. Then this is a fun trick I've realized. So it's hard to order right now because everybody's getting very privy and savvy to a lot of these new life hacks and health hacks, especially because of TikTok.
Speaker 3: It's blowing them up.
Speaker 2: But there's a thing that's a type of salt ben It's called Celtic or Celtic whatever you want to pronounce it, Celtic Sea salt, and you can buy it online on Amazon.
Speaker 3: It's a blue bag.
Speaker 2: I carry it everywhere with me because the reason why this salt is so incredible is that the sodium levels alone are natural, so you don't have to worry about anything. It's hand deriveted from the ocean. This type of salt in particular, when you put a pinch of it on your tongue and let it kind of dissolve into your mucous membrane, it opens your cells to let it know. It's like it literally triggers them to say it's time to hydrate. That's the hardest people. The thing people have is to hydrate their bodies because they're thinking just because I'm drinking a lot of water, I'm hydrated. But in factuality, if you have no gas tank to put gas in bend, I don't care how much gas you put in your car, Nothing's going to stay there for your engine. So you have to basically trick the cells to say it's time to store water. So if you put a pinch of it on your tongue before you drink water, or they recommend if you say you get like one of those big gallon of water bend, you get like a little bit of a tea spoon and put a teaspoon in there. If you drink that during the heat bend, you will never have a heat stroke.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at you helping a f I also remember this just triggered a memory before TikTok, when I first started going out covering the Dodgers. They I remember talking to one of the clubhouse guys and because they were going to Saint Louis and Cincinnati, and back then the Cardinals and Reds played in these cookie cutter ballparks that had AstroTurf, and it was like one hundred and twenty five degrees on the turf. It was ridiculous, and so I was like, how did those guys handle the heat? And they said one of the tricks a lot of the guys do that they would drink coffee on a one hundred degree day with humidity and all that, and it actually supposedly is better for your body to I don't know how this works, but they told me. The guy's like, well, yeah, you actually cool your body more from drinking hot liquids as opposed to cold liquids.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what he told me, and I still remember it all these years later. So just google it, Just look it up. Maybe you'll find find the answer. Next up on the mailbag, we have John from Pendleton, South Carolina. He says, this is a sporto question, so I'll handle this. When he says, now that the Angels have kept Shohil Tani for the rest of the season and are in playoff, can don't you think they have checked all the marks to re sign him for the long term. I told my wife that if he signs with the Dodgers, Otani would be dead to me, and she thinks I'm being unreasonable. What say you? No, No, John, tell your wife that you're being a fan, You're being a real fan. That's how it works. Listen, you like Otani and you'd be okay with him if he went and played for the Giants or the Podres or the Diamondbacks, but you would not be okay with if you went to the Dodgers. I get it, Like if I'm a Clipper guy in basketball and if one of the players I like went to the Lakers, they'd been dead to me. I love Patrick Beverly, he was dead to me when he was a Laker now he's no longer a Laker. But it is not unreasonable. It is being a good fan. So I disagree with the wife. And as far as the checking all the boxes for Otani, the one thing they haven't checked is the billion dollar check. They haven't checked the billion dollar check that he's likely going to want and get and all that stuff. Kevin in Kansas, that's right, Sin says, Hey, guys, as a podcasters who talk about their lives to tons and tons of listeners there, do any of the people you talk about ever get back to you and say, Hey, I heard you talking about me on your podcast. Kevin says he's recalling. Sorry I told Alex on the podcast about my wife having some friends over staying at the house free loading house guests. I told you that story. Sorry about He says, these are great relatable stories, but do any of your human subjects respond? Yeah, So I'll go first on this, Alex. Everyone. So I generally know who occasionally listens and who doesn't to the podcast. Have some pretty good intel on that. So I know certain stories cannot be told because that may come back to bite me in the ass. There are some people that are fifty to fifty that you may listen, but they probably listen once in a blue moon type situation. They don't listen all that much, And so I'm okay with that. It's like Russian roulette with that, although I guess it's more not Russian roulette because that would be everything. Look, it's the opposite. It's like regular roulette, you know, And so I am. I've been pretty lucky. I have had in the past a couple of times where I've had people pull me aside and say, you know, I didn't really like what you said about me, and I thought that was you. You didn't tell You didn't portray the story right, you didn't tell it the right way, and so they kind of dress you down a little bit. But for the most part, I've not had too much fire and brimstone. What about you, Alex, You do multiple podcasts, you talk about your life, you talk about you tips to people on how to be more positive, positivity and all that. Have you had people hit you back there the boomerang back in your face getting all upset.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is like, I've never been the type that really attacks people on a narrative that isn't deserving. So for example, like the re so what I did was on Anime Expo, which was here in LA. It was an absolute crap show, Like they destroyed their first day presentation because they oversell their tickets. They shove too many people into these convention centers and it's not only unhealthy, it's unsafe and it's almost to the extent where there could be major disaster if something was to go wrong. So I'm the kind of guy where I'll call bullshit out when I see it, and I stand strong behind it because I know what's right and wrong. So, especially with the anime takes Ben, I say some stuff about prominent shows that I get thousands of people commenting and saying like.
Speaker 4: You're stupid, you don't know anything, your takes your table, your opinions are trash. But then I'll meet them at these events and they say nothing but glowing things, like they're just like the Twitter fingers, you know. So I've never had an issue with anything I've ever said about anybody, and I never say anything that isn't true. So if I do meet somebody in person and they don't like what I say, I'll be like, well, is it is it falls?
Speaker 2: Did I say something that's not right? Well no, just well that's your emotions, you know, maybe check yourself, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. Well that's usually the way. Because I've met some people that listened to the radio show. They're kind of gruff and a little belligerent, and they have that we call it keyboard courage. You got what you call it? Twitter fingers is what you call the same things fingers now very very cranky, uh, dissatisfied. But then when you meet him, they're usually.
Speaker 3: It was give me love always.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while you meet someone who's in a hole and then you're like.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yeah, that's it's inevitable.
Speaker 1: But yeah, some miserable, condescending sour ball that you just happened to run across. H Next up is Mario and he says he's in Lancaster, California. He says, me and my friend have a debate. I want you guys to help settle it. What is this called? Now? You can't see this, OX, but he sent me a photo it is. He says, this is chili cheese FreeDOS. Uh, he says, I say it's chili cheese fritos. And he says, it's a Freedo bowl. What do you guys call it? Now? Let me describe. Let me describe the picture, OX. The picture of an original Freedo's bags. The bag is pulled halfway down so it's made it look like a little bit of a bowl. It is. It is covered with actual chili, like real chili bomb top of it. So my answer is, you're not gonna like this, Mario, You're not gonna like this because my answer is that's a freedable. I'm going freedoble. And here's why it's a freedoble. First of all, the people at Freedo's sell chili cheese friedos, and that's just FreeDOS with like powdered chili on it. It's supposed to be you know, it's probably out chemicals or something like that, but it's powdered. It's powdered, uh, you know whatever, chili cheese. This looks like they made it into a bowl and then they put actual chili. So I'm going that's a that's a Freedo bowl. What's saying to Alex, what do you have you ever eaten fritos? Ah?
Speaker 2: Surely back when I still was just on my driver's permit, probaly, So what were the two options?
Speaker 3: Then there was the Freedo bowl, or.
Speaker 1: So our friends they guy that sent the question in from Lancaster, they're in high desert in California, said he says that he calls it chili cheese free dos, and then his friend said, that's a Freedo bowl.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going with the first one because that does sound like a chili cheese freeds because if you think about it, it is fridos itself. You fold the bag to the side and then you're putting on top of it some chili chili cheese. So to me, that's a kind of combination of the friedo chili cheese.
Speaker 1: It's a bad take. It's a bad take. I like it. I don't like your take. I just explained it to you. There. There is a product called chili cheese friedos.
Speaker 2: So is it chili cheese friedos with chili cheese on top?
Speaker 1: No, it's got the powder on top to make it seem give the illusion that it's got chili cheese on top. But it's just those are chili ches. Freedom's to me, ben okay, we will agree to disagree. This is in your wheelhouse? Is a TikToker. Fred in Woodland Hills, not far away from what we broadcast from in the San Fernando Valley of LA says there's a TikToker that says that bee pollen helped her boobs grow. Do you guys think this is possible? I didn't see this. I'm not on TikTok, so I'll just take your word for it. I don't doubt the integrity that somebody did actually say say this on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go down.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go no. I don't think just slobbering your chest with Manuka honey or be polly. Yeah, I don't. I don't think that's gonna do anything.
Speaker 3: I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what's funny is that, like I've seen some interesting stuff on TikTok, that one is probably one of the top ones that I'm fascinated in because I know this is true, man, that if you have an issue with pollen and having like sinus issues or allergies in spring seasons or stuff right when pollen's the pollen's blossoming and all that stuff, and try they say if you eat b pollen so like the actual like they make them into little grain size and stuff, you can buy it in a container. If you eat regional pollen from your area, it will help fight your allergies because you are getting the same thing in your body digested to build the antibody system the reaction to it, so it actually helps you with your seasonal issues that you have, which is crazy to me.
Speaker 1: That is that's interesting. Isn't the same concept? I've read this years ago and I don't know if it's still, but I read with peanut allergies, they see peanuts you have to be exposed early on to that, and if you're exposed to it. They don't think you'll you'll have the peanut allergies.
Speaker 3: So well, it's true because you have to think about it.
Speaker 2: Ben. Your body is literally a chemistry set. That's why, like with working out, I'm a big fitness head, if you do the same workouts for more than four months, you no longer gain muscle or anything because your body has now adapted to stop hurting itself. Your body is trying to stay alive, regardless of you. Inside your bod, it wants to stay alive, so it's trying to heal itself. That's why when we talked about it a little bit on the last podcast, is that Intermitte fasting. The reason why it's so good is it gives your time body to digest food and clean out the toxins as well. But if you're eating three meals a day, you can never stop it, so it's like there is benefit to it. So I believe your body can adjust to things and possibly if you rub a lot of pollen or pony on your boobs, maybe gives it more fat.
Speaker 1: I don't I would love that sounds like some kind of fetish bit, but I don't know. Orlando writes, and he says, that is my real name. He's in Hampton Roads, Virginia. I've actually been to Hampton Roads, Virginia, was there last year. He says, Hey, Ben, what is your favorite game show moment? Mine at your expense was when Roberto and I believe it was Miguel on Fire they did all the password in Spanish and dominated, Yeah, I'm glad you liked that, Orlando, because that's called cheating. My favorite game show moments I've got I'll give you a two of them. I have many. I've been doing these stupid game shows for a long time. My favorite all time moment, I should think, give me the other moment first. I'll give you the other moment first. The other moment I loved. We had this kid caller years ago named Antonio from the Bay Area. Little kid probably maybe twelve thirteen years old, you know, a y young guy, and he called the show because it's during the summer, and he was a little sassy kid, a little spunky kid. And we had him play sports Jeopardy against Justin in Cincinnati, and this kid beat Justin. Justin's like this really back before he started smoking weed all the time, he was really good at sports trivia. Now he's just kind of lost it because he's in those other things. But this kid beat Justin, and I'm pretty sure Justin did not throw the game. It was shocking. Were the shocking upsets in the history of radio game shows. And then the other one, which is the all time greatest. Our guy hollering James from Minnesota, fast Asleep. We had him play Factor not Factor fiction. It was too much or not enough, much or not enough. We had him play that game and if he snored, it went one way, and if he didn't snore, it was the other. He snored so much he actually won the game based on his snore cadence, which is the single greatest thing I've ever been a part of at Fox Sports Radio. It was a magical night. It was such a magical night, and so that's that to me. Orlando is the greatest moment on the game. Jonathan Game shows Jonathan and Delaware Rights and he says, your go to order at raising canes for me, it's a cane at Combo. They showed up in my town recently and I am hooked on them. You were one hundred percent right, It's great. Yeah, cover your ears there, Alex but I do like raising canes. It's a fried chicken joint chicken strips, and I go Caney at Combo. I don't eat there often, but when I do, I go Cannie at Combo, I go no Goals law extra fries, and then I get the bread toasted both sides, and I go lemonade. That's the move there. But I'm trying to wane off lemonade. And I was eating twenty cookies. I kept bringing cookies in because I kept breaking the cookies. And even though I'm doing the Internet fasting, I'm like, well, this is getting a lot of hand here. Yeah, yeah, I gotta stop. So I'm on a break from the baking. Benny the baker. I will bake when we have a Mallard meet and greet on August nineteenth, We're doing a meat with the fans, a meet and greet. But until then, I'm not doing anything, and I won't do anything after for a while.
Speaker 3: Good Man Clayton.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've heard, though, Ben, real quick, because it sounds like you've been there. I heard that raising canes, if you don't get their sauce, it's not the same.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, but really the chicken Finger is a delivery vehicle for sauce. That's what the chicken finger is. You're You're really there. It's it's like Amazon delivery the product where it needs to go, and it's smart. Yeah. Clayton from Dodge City, right, So, and he says, what is your favorite small town in Nebraska? Oh? You ever been in Nebraska?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I haven't either, So how would I answer that question?
Speaker 2: Is my favorite Pittsburgh one. I went to Leechburg, Pennsylvania. That was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like the Leechburg. My d Leechburg was dope. I like Pittsburgh. I thought Pittsburgh was cool. I like the whole area around, the whole by.
Speaker 2: The thing that trips me out, though, Ben, is that the weather changes in a hot second. Like it was eighty degrees we were out on the river kayaking, and then two hours later there's horns blazing in the distance because of a tornado warning and it's raining sideways. I was like, I don't know where I'm at, but this is tripping me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it's it is why I have some friends that live in Pittsburgh. Actually, we talked about one of them on the podcast. Here works for the Pirates baseball team, and it's so so cost to fish. He has, you know, one of my friends that has a house like overlooking the skyline at Pittsburgh in LA that would get you, like a one bedroom apartment pays for that house of Pittsburgh is pretty pretty pretty wild. Why don't we get out on the the last one? Jay from Vero Beach, which is in you know where Vera Beaches, alex It's in Florida, and that used the spring training home of the Dodgers. I actually spent a couple of weeks in Vero Beach back in the day when the Dodgers were in spring training. Anyway, they're not there anymore. They were they were training there when they were in Brooklyn, even when they went moved to LA and then about eh, maybe fifteen years ago, they left there and said we're out of here. We're going to Arizona. But Jay writes and he says better viral video, guys, what did you like more the guy balancing a sofa on his head while riding a bike in New York or the Boston cop going down a kid slide on his stomach while looking like he was dying. Did you see these by the way out. Have you seen him? Yeah? Yeah, Okay, So I'm gonna go with the Boston cop. And here's why that was so wild. The guy he did look like a corpse when he was on the slide. I just don't understand how that a why he did it. I don't know the backstory. B wouldn't you try to move and try to get back on your back so you can kind of see where you're going. It was very odd, and he was in full Boston police attire. That was wild to me. Like the guy balancing his sofa is like Ripley's believe it or not, that's like that's you'd see that in a circus or human human tricks, stupid human tricks or something like that. But my vote is for the cop going down the slide there in Boston. What about you, Alex, which way to you lean? It's very important issue. I'm glad Jay sent this in. Very important and it's a great one to end on.
Speaker 2: I would have to say the same thing as you, because I'm left with so many questions over that video, Like I don't understand, as you said, what.
Speaker 3: Was the build up, Like what is even the purpose?
Speaker 2: How is it that a guy that seems like he's in the middle of his shift that probably needs to answer some old ladies call because she fell and she's hitting her button.
Speaker 3: That's like, I can't get up.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this guy's doing, but I'm so locked in because it's like, is there more? Why is this even happening? Who is this guy? Is he alive?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is he doing some cosplay or something like that. He's not really a cop, he's just pretending to be a cop. I'll tell you next time I'm in Boston, I'm gonna find that slide. I think I know where it is. I think it's near City Hall, kind of the Commons Boston comments area. So I'm going to try to find that. I don't it's a kid's slide. I'm not going to go down it got duplicated. You know who we should send on it is David Vasse. I'll because the Dodgers are going to be in Boston later this month to play the Red Sox, and he's the king of the slide. He's the guy that broke his wrist going down the slide in Milwauks with the Brewers mascot so yeah. Anyway, well, well thank you Jay. Those were very entertaining videos. Both those were outstanding. The guy that imagine that's your life skill. You were just able to balance the sofa on your head. That's your secret power. What a power. Anyway, and again, Alex, I want to thank you for being here all weekend. It's been great having you. We'll have you on again. I know Danny will probably be away many more times. Okay, the kid and all that. It's part of the deal. So we'll have you back and again. How can people find you if they didn't here yesterday's podcast. You're all over the place, You've got multiple podcasts. You're the anime superstar, so how can they track you down?
Speaker 2: Very simple? Just look up Anime Sempi podcast. You can find it on anything, TikTok, Instagram, any platform you can listen to podcasts. Or again, if you do want to have something that's a little bit more inspirational or have somebody basically be your shrink that you don't have to pay for, just look up the Shallow Oceans podcast.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Have a great rest of your day. I'll be back on the radio tonight as I kick off my work week. And you can hear me starting at eleven o'clock tonight in the west, two am in the East. I'll be on all night yapping about random things here in the other studio, the Fox Sports Radio studio. So I'll be back with that and have a wonderful USh day. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 3: Thank you later, skater.
Speaker 1: Yeah,