Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you you're missing out if you're not watching us Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Low and Crown's doing his update, right, He's our anchor, He's our pal doing the update. Goofy ass. Rich walks in on the shot totally like button into the whole thing. It's so funny and Richie even realized he was like totally interrupting Low and Crown's update.
Speaker 1: So you gotta follow us live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even more reason to follow us live because you're missing out again it Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. But we're live on Covino and Rich FSR, Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube, Steve Covino, Rich Davis, Danny g Sam, Elijah, Low and Crown and you and thank you for rocking out. Less go broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and not only our YouTube page but if you miss any of our show, yeah, you could watch it live. You could stream live, you could chat live. But you can hear the podcast whenever you want. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. It's all free. You know they say nothing in life is free. This actually is this.
Speaker 1: You know what I love? It's free. It's free.
Speaker 2: But I love like let's say I missed the afternoon Yankees win today eleven to two. Right, I love the condensed version of the games. You can always hear the condensed version of our show. The best of is up there every day and the best of the week on Saturday. Super producer Danny g puts it up.
Speaker 1: What does he do? Cut out my bad jokes? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your Best of the Week is eight minutes long. Yeah, it's only six minutes. Guys, you'll love it. Perfect. So we're gonna wrap up with your phone calls, and now I'm go and give you the answer, the conclusion as to what to do in this situation.
Speaker 1: Again, this is ticket etiquette.
Speaker 2: If I buy my girlfriend tickets to see the Jonas Brothers next month, six into it, dumb?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: The question is should you wear your purity ring? Do I have to go no? Right like and vice versa. She buys you tickets to something she doesn't care. I bought you WrestleMania tickets, like you want to go at your buddy sometimes? How do you handle these situations, these dilemmas? Or is it imply that you're going with her? We'll wrap it up with your phone calls and then my answer, and then we're gonna play a game. All right, We're gonna play Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom again to prove that this is a dilemma people face. Look ringside, look courtside, look right by the dugouts, look at the fifty yard line of every big game or event, there's a lot of apathetic people along for the ride.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they're wasted tickets.
Speaker 2: You could say that, Like you go to the Super Bowl, which I've been lucky enough to go to, right you look around and there's a lot of people that are there just because they're they're a wife or a husband of someone that came along a corporate sponsor that doesn't care. And it's aggravating to real fans. So I get what you're saying. You'd be taking up, don't take away my final answer, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't go to the phone. Let's say hi to Steve and Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Steve Steves a chicken.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 5: So I just kind of need you guys opinion on the situation. I have a little bit of everything going on. So I've been with my girl five years. When I'm married, Jed, I'm proposed soon. Anniversary is a fist. She buys me tickets to Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City. I'm assumed that, you know, I mean, I mean, I'm thinking that to my gifts. I tell my best friend about it.
Speaker 6: We're punk.
Speaker 5: I tell her, you know, the plans, everything like that.
Speaker 6: She kind of gets upset.
Speaker 5: But on the other side of the coint for her for my different anniversary, I got her tickets to go see Chris Brown and I don't want to go. So I just assomed she was taking a friend, which she is. I just want to know what the guys think like and she was upset.
Speaker 2: I think you gotta say, hey, I I thought you bought it for me and my buddy. But yeah, of course I'd love to go with you. I think you got to go with her in this case, because she clearly made it obvious that she wanted to go with you or was hoping you chose her.
Speaker 7: You gotta make sure Chris Brown doesn't pull your girl up on stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately in your situation, I think now you gotta go with her. And by the way, this never gets easy, man. You know, I co parent and I have a whole situation going on now. It's sometimes let's say I got Yankee playoff tickets? Do I go with my girlfriend? Do I go with my daughter?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Because then my daughter's like, you're not gonna take me. It's a whole situation, dude. Remember tickets usually coming. With all due respect to your daughter, your girlfriend wore like a Dodger's hat at times, and you, you, when she went to the World's Series with you, you made it wear a Yankees hat.
Speaker 1: But she's not a Yankees fan. Your daughter was raised a Yankees fan.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's always it's always a dilemma, and we try to turn dilemmas into dilemonade. Let's go to the next call, Let's go to West Virginia.
Speaker 1: What's up, Dave?
Speaker 6: Hey, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: We could hear you. Aladdin clear. What's U buddy boy?
Speaker 6: Okay? So my Whitefire are both from our sixties and our thirty fifth anniversary was right around a Donnie Osmon concert in Wheeling at the Capital Theater that holds about twenty two hundred people, and so I got her tickets. She loved Donnie Osman as a teenager. And here was my dilemma for out of twenty two hundred people, was me and maybe ninety nine other guys and a bunch of sixty year old screaming women at a Donnie Osmon concert.
Speaker 2: To me, you look like a really supportive, good guy to be there, To be honest with you. Fun fact, do you know the Osmonds have one of the most famous metal songs that inspired the likes of Ozzy Osbourne and other metal legends.
Speaker 1: It's called Crazy Horses. Look it up. It's the Osmond's true story.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you, guys a time where I went with my wife to something and I actually did want to be there, but people thought I was reluctantly there.
Speaker 1: I got to sit in.
Speaker 2: The audience of the Bachelor after the final rows.
Speaker 7: I've seen footage of this cheese.
Speaker 2: We you love this one of the only let me reflect I was the only straight dude there and you love every second of it. Yeah, but yeah, sometimes I feel like it's the experience for you and your significant other. But I get it. You get two ballgame tickets. I get why you wouldn't want to go with Joe Bro's concert. Let's say to Woody in Virginia, Hey, Woody, Hey, guys.
Speaker 8: I got another wrinkle for you. What if you're in a relationship dating for a while, you guys kind of like the same things, do the same things, and you get tickets for something big, like a concert at the Sphere or a festival, or sixtieth anniversary is a grateful dead or whatever, and between that time and now, you guys kind of part in separate ways. Who gets them?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That is a good one. I think who ever paid for don't go together. I went on vacation once with a girl like sort of after we broke up, because it was like, well, we paid for it. You booked a vacation, booked a vacation, and we still went. And what I tell you, it was miserable. It was sexless, it was fundless, it was everything less. No fun was had. You look around the resort. Everyone else is in love, and you're like, I hate you.
Speaker 7: You didn't tell her you needed lots of closure.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was like, oh my god, I hate you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's also the same feeling, the same way you looked at other couples having fun and loving each other, and you guys were hating each other. If I went to this Jonas Brothers concert, I'd be looking at everyone else having the best time while I wasn't, you know, And I'm not saying I don't like them, and I can have fun, but I'm not into them.
Speaker 1: So who else do we got?
Speaker 2: David will wrap it with you and they'll tell you why you need to do what I did.
Speaker 1: I'll explain what ut David.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, thanks checking the call. I can see both sides. I don't think you have to go unt necessarily, but I think there can be unforeseen consequences if you don't case in point about them. Ago. I bought my my wife's tickets to her favorite band. She knows that I'm not into that band at all, so I buy her go up here and I say, hey, babe, here's two Cold Play tickets. Take whoever you'd like. And you would not believe what I saw on social media the next morning.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: That is really great. I appreciate how Wow I'm being viral. Wow, so weird she took her boss. I'm looking at Jonah's brothers songs and I know that's not the point, but I don't think it would hurt you to sit through it. Well, Waffle waffle House, here's how soccer leave before you let me know the So you've heard them in the Supermarketer, I don't think I do yet. Do you know Crazy Horses by the Osmonds? I don't think you do the same way, Assi Osman, Yes, the same way. I don't know Joe Bros. I know, but I respect them. We've interviewed in her cloth same.
Speaker 1: Can you play waffle House by the Jonahs Brothers?
Speaker 2: I feel like Kavio those that's all, Or play any Jonas brothers for that Mat, I'm more of a nighthop guy. Bro Let me finish my story, go on so he can play Joe Rols in the background. I'll present them. Thank you for the answers. We all have these dilemmas sometimes. What my plan is, if I'm able to snag two of them, right.
Speaker 1: Could I go with her.
Speaker 2: I know you want to because you're a goonberger. I know he revels at this stuff. But I was I would say, here you go. I'm willing to go with you, of course, but take who you want. In fact, you want to take one of your girlfriends, That's totally cool with me because she knows I'm not into it and I want her to have fun. I'm not gonna be having the same fun her and a girlfriend, would I understand that. So my offer is there, but take who you want, right, make it very clear is what we established. But here's what I'm telling you. Back in two thousand and nine, in my previous life, my previous relationship, my ex bought me two tickets to see the All Star Game, the final All Star Game at the old Yankee Stadium. Let it be the last one, Let it be No. He was the one that brought up his ex wife today not man. Yes that's right. Nobody are you following two thousand and nine. This is before they closed down the stadium, knocked it down. This was the last All Star game there, and I was faced with this dilemma of oh my gosh, she bought me these tickets with my own money, probably, And do I.
Speaker 1: Have to now take her? Do I take my brother?
Speaker 2: This is my brother. We love the Yankees. This is the last All Star game at Yankee Stadium. So I was faced with this dilemma, and I chose the road less traveled by. And that's made all the difference because I said, you know what, thanks, I hope you don't mind, but I'm taking my brother because we grew up fans together. And looking back, imagine if I took her, what a wasted opportunity. You might still be married. No, she didn't care about the Yankees, and she's my ax for a reason.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I took the person that appreciated it's who was an actual fan. Otherwise you wasted the ticket. You know, you want to take someone that's actually going to care about the moment. So ill advice to the real answer. And Coveno's right. I agree when we agree, it's fact, So it's it's a fact. The answer is simple, don't give the person almost the you know presented as such. Hey, babe, I was able to get two tickets for the Jonas Brothers. Listen, I'd love to go with you. But if you think going with one of your girlfriends would provide more of a fun time for you. I just want you, babe, to have a great time. I'll go with you. But if you want to bring Jessica, Sophia or one of your girls, do that. But hey, I'll go because I'm always down for a fun time. But that way, it is in their hands.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 2: So keep your posted. Thanks for chiming in more feedback at Covino and Rich And now it's time for Mike's Wednesday words of wisdom.
Speaker 1: Who Mike, It's time for the guy that runs this place. I knew it.
Speaker 7: Just for clarification, Guys, Big Mike does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 1: It's Big Mike's words of Wisdom on a Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you just have to sit back, relax and let the train wreck itself.
Speaker 2: Did his phone ring while he was recording. He had no time to re record, couldn't recut. It was a one time dude. You're like, God, it's perfect, perfect God, God, I can't recreate.
Speaker 1: The magic all right now.
Speaker 2: The key to the game is you have to repeat it verbatim, verbatim for this one back and listen that's in the recording.
Speaker 1: Does he even realize what happened? Mike? Are you here still? Your phone got into words of wisdom? It's been corrupted.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 7: Mike can't even run his phone.
Speaker 2: You have to recreate the ring verbati for the prime. Well you didn't do one more time?
Speaker 1: Real quick?
Speaker 2: We distracted one more time and again like you said, calls at eight seven seven nine nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: If you repeat this word for word, you.
Speaker 2: Would a covene on Rich Fox Sports Radio nerve football just in time for the NFL season.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you just have to sit back, relax and let the train records sell.
Speaker 2: And he's cut off short at the end, Like I mean, his production value is terrible.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we love Mike.
Speaker 2: Now while we get the phone calls going eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, Your Chance to Win, Let's talk about the man who thinks he's above the law or is he just above the law. I'm going to add a name to the list is Steven Sigal rich Davis, who steals napkins and whatever he wants from Chipotle because no one's going to stop rich Davis. He's above the law. And of course Tom Brady who just breaks the rules and then makes his own Did you just name your own dream team? Steven Sagall, Tom Brady and me. That's right, because the report today is blood bank. The NFL is now allowing Tom Brady to take part in production meetings with coaches and teams this season as pro the Athletic. Last year, tom Brady was banned for the season from the information gathering sessions as Fox Sports top broadcast analysts due to his ownership role with the Raiders. So, in other words, as part owner partial owner of the Raiders, he can't be sitting in there in production meetings with other teams and players.
Speaker 1: There's a conflict of enture. It makes sense.
Speaker 2: Some people think that he shouldn't be allowed to do both at all, And not only is he allowed to do both, he's now allowed to sit in those meetings. So he takes these rules and sort of stops on him because he's Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: And look, I get it. He is Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: And not everybody is what we ass and that's just it. When it comes to that, the first rule made for him when it comes to gender, age, sexuality, all these things in the workplace, everyone will and deservedly so deserves to be equal.
Speaker 1: But that's just not simply true as far as talent goes.
Speaker 2: Not everybody felt like there's a big distinction between like everyone should be treated equally in the workplace. My example is this, not to call out our fellow coworkers, but you know how I was, Sam, did you recently have to do one of those like, uh, not to call him out, but get ahead it sounds juice, Well, well you even do those things here at work, Elijah, you've done them, I was, Sam long Crown, like those uh, sexual harassment or procedural things like you know, FCC training, all these little I think most people that work for a big company have to fill out going on HR training. Everyone knows like work day and all those nonsense websites that the intranets. I recently asked that I won't say which show, but let's just say one of the shows where it's like the.
Speaker 1: Face of our network. I jokingly said, does that guy do those things? And he's like, are you serious? You think that guy? That dude doesn't even open his email?
Speaker 4: That guy?
Speaker 2: You think that guy even knows that exists. I go, that's what I thought our video guy Spot is like, I guarantee they have to. I'm like, no, they don't, because not everyone is Colin Cowherd or Dan Patrick. Not everyone is Tom mother f and Brady.
Speaker 1: You make that.
Speaker 2: Truth like this rob it and everybody's faces my biggest gripe.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what I feel like.
Speaker 2: We're making so many great cool moves here at Fox Sports Radio, thanks to Elijah Sager the whole video team. But you go sometimes you go to a new place and I love working here and I'm not kissing ass.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you go to a place and you'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, we should do you know, I have this cool idea, and you'll get this response and it's my most hated response.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't do that here. Well you know I too, though.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you learn in the corporate world, especially but at the office wherever you work, the oil patch to the factory, it's just easier to say no sometimes than actually put in the work to figure out how.
Speaker 1: I like how you lead with oil patch? Are you picturing a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of dudes, trillions of Canadians listening A lot of drilling dudes listening to Steve Cavino, not a driller Covino's talking all those guys up in Manitoba, Kennas, I'm talking to people in Saskatchewan. So my point is Tom Brady is the exception. I know that people hate.
Speaker 1: To hear that. Got another sports example people hate to hear.
Speaker 2: But guess what if Tom Brady could be the face of Fox Broadcasting and also have a part ownership role in the Raiders.
Speaker 1: They're gonna make exceptions and little carve outs.
Speaker 2: I'll give you this. People are always gonna say no. And what's great about the younger generation? Rich I'll give the ween Neal some credit. They are quick to say, well why not? Well why yeah, Well, because the answer is no, and it's always been no. Well why the younger generation is great at that. And again it's just easier to say no than to figure out why. But it seems that when Tom Brady says why not, people like figure it out for him because there seems to be a conflict of interest here.
Speaker 1: But I have another example.
Speaker 2: I have one as well, So give the twogs des don't get Mike's words of wisdom?
Speaker 1: Winner all right?
Speaker 2: There was a lot of people are like, why does Roger Clemens not travel a team? Why does he get special privilege? Why could he only pitch at home? It's like, cause.
Speaker 1: He's Roger Clemens and you're not. That's really it.
Speaker 2: That's why exceptions are made for people who've earned it, I guess, or deserve it. But he got special treatment because he was the Rocket. Remember when he was in his final years with the Astros, he didn't travel. He just pitched home games. Yoh, that was the first time we saw it. And you know, you know why because he said, Hey, guys, I'm Roger Clemens, your future Hall of Famer me this house.
Speaker 1: You're looking at me. I don't want to I don't want it. I want to pitch still, but uh but I don't want to. I don't want to do I don't want to travel. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess we could do that. I guess we can make that exception. You're Roger Clemens. Yeah, will do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My example was when we worked at Serious XM, and you see this at a big networks Fox, Serious XM, ESPN, NBC. Sometimes it'd be like, yeah, it's a conflict of interest. You can't do this radio show, this TV show, this podcast. And I remember I remember saying to someone once because we were trying to negotiate ESPN and Serious XM at the same time, and someone's like, yeah, we don't that's we don't really do that. And I'm like, Kevin Hart's an employee of like eight companies. They're like yeah, but they pretty much are like, yeah, but you're not Kevin Hart, right, So if you're, you know, they'll figure it out. If you're important enough, they figure it out. And Tom Brady is important enough. You just have to deal with it, and if you have a problem with it, become more important. It's the truth, and that' said, all right, let's get a winner from mike'sar is the wisdom. Maybe one day you could be as important as Mike, who runs his place so important that during a recording his phone goes off and he goes f it.
Speaker 1: One take. He's not busy. What are they going to do about it? He's Sinatra? One take?
Speaker 10: All right, Mike, Brad Jerome, Joe lined up. We're gonna start with Mike and Tennessee.
Speaker 7: What up, mikey, Mike, how we're doing?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to do this?
Speaker 2: You're gonna You're gonna repeat Mike's words of wisdom or.
Speaker 5: What I am going to repeat them all right.
Speaker 7: You gotta let the music simmer here. Ok, here we go.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you have to sit back, relax, mister word there.
Speaker 1: Wow, Hey, you can always play next week.
Speaker 7: All right. Let's move on to Brad in Montana.
Speaker 1: Hey, Brad, what's up up? You gotta let it simmer is part of the game out here you go.
Speaker 9: Sometimes you just have to sit back, relax and let the train wrecked itself.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually you forgot the ring. Now, hey, way do you go, buddy?
Speaker 10: Thanks Brad, hang on the line. I'm gonna get your mailing address info.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, thank you, brother, appreciate it perfect. All right, Now we're gonna get to something the fund coming up next. Danny G's gonna give us Midweek Major all the biggest headlines in sports and entertainment that you might have missed.
Speaker 1: We'll keep in the loop on things.
Speaker 2: We'll do that next right here on Kaveno on Rich From searching online, asking your friends and family, there's lots of ways to look for jobs, but what if you had one team of experts that can help you find the right role.
Speaker 1: Your local Express.
Speaker 2: Employments is the one connection to endless job opportunities, which is one application. They can help you find the opportunity of a lifetime that fits your needs at expresspros dot com and has always Expressed never charges job seekers a fee. With more than eight hundred and seventy locations, there's an office nearby ready to help you. Express knows when local companies are hiring, even for jobs that may not be posted yet. Express also offers benefits and competitive pay, and in just one interview, they are prepared to present you to multiple companies that fit your needs. Go to expresspros dot com, get stuarded, get started, discover for yourself what it's like to have support in your job search. You could also start by using the ex Best Jobs app downloaded today, Search jobs, apply and contact your local Express team.
Speaker 1: All right is this Joe bros.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm sitting out Man Covino Enrich live from the Fox Sports radio studios. For over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tireract tirerack dot com. The way tire buying should be Actually this song sounds good again, not hating, just stating I'm not a fan, but I do like those guys. Well, I'll just say this, I'm not a Joe Bro super fan, but I feel like a lot of times when you reluctant to do something, you do it and you end up having more fun. If you're a trumpet person that just leads with fun, you get a fun anywhere. It's really just the company. But hey, we move past it. It is now time for something we do every week. It's called Midweek Major.
Speaker 3: Covino and Rich gets you over the middle of the week.
Speaker 7: When mid Week Major Major.
Speaker 11: I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 5: Say, that's summit. We definitely major.
Speaker 7: See it are scoring Midweek Major.
Speaker 11: That's God Wednesday. All right, now, before I hand things over to Danny g who's covering this segment for Spot Today.
Speaker 3: We rolled the two Big Red Love.
Speaker 11: Dice, which is ironically what I call my all right in the main studio listen is to see who gets the first take.
Speaker 1: Now, I already rolled in eight just to save time.
Speaker 11: Rich, we got a four, and where's the other one that would be six, my friends.
Speaker 1: So let's first winter is rich?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 11: So Rich gets the first taken out, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person rialto California besides of course JJ fadd and Ronnie Lott, Jenny j j Anybuddy.
Speaker 7: Happy Wednesday, fellas. All right, let's start.
Speaker 10: Let's start with the NFL, the Cincinnati Bengals. They're known to be thrifty and hard negotiators, but some are saying they're taking things too far. The Bengals are reportedly requiring Ring of Honor members to pay for their own hotel rooms and flights for the upcoming inductee ceremony. On October twenty six, former Bengals QB Boomer Sison expressed his frustration, saying that the team is not providing any compensation for these expenses, which has drawn criticism from fans and members of the sports media. Assison mentioned that the Bengals have only sent two comp tickets to the game so far, while the rest of the costs must be covered by the attendees.
Speaker 7: Midweek or Major Rich.
Speaker 3: This is major major.
Speaker 2: I saw Boomer talking about this. They do a morning show in New York. Boomer and Goo on WFN and Boomer. They were ranton and raven about how they keep him. An email with like, here's a group rate for the hotel and he's like group rate and he's like, am I a diva? Then everyone agreed, like, no, you're not. You're Boomer size and one of the only people of that team's history, and they're not going to give him a hotel room.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. It is absolutely major. You know Boomer.
Speaker 2: You know Boomer because you grew up in New York and he played with the jetsum, but can you know, take it to your team. Let's say they said we're doing a big Yankees event and they told Bernie Williams or Derek Jeter or someone that.
Speaker 1: He pay hey, hey for his own experience.
Speaker 2: Your Hilton group rate is Yankees oh one, or they're honoring you know. So yeah, no way you would expect the Bengals to flip the costs for this. Absolutely. I don't think he's a diva at all. I mean, yeah, major story. They look really bad in this one. They got to make it right, all right, we move on and they get They gave him a fifty dollars per diem.
Speaker 10: Big boy about Camp is teamed up with Whirlpool to launch a limited edition washing machine that plays their classic song So Fresh, So Clean. After each cycle, only five of these special machines is going to be given away, and fans can enter a sweet stakes to win by following Whirlpool USA on ig UH. The contest runs until September twenty third, and winners will be notified through DM Rich, Big Boy Outcast, Whirlpool Midweek or Major.
Speaker 2: It's it's funny, but it's mid I mean, who's that's something like laundry washing the dishes. All these things are errands to me that I don't want to do. To begin with, I don't think you a little. I don't think some music. I already like this how my washing machine makes It's like boo, it already has its own little Jim question, So clean Clean exactly. I'm glad you said that it's Major because it's something that we've been doing for years anyway. Ain't nobody dope as Steve Bomb just so Fresh, so Fresh and so clean. Click you think you think the lyricus Steve, It's not Steve Steve. That's why I'm like major man doing this. I want to win I've actually seen him. I seen the promotions. They're black and sleek. It looks really cool. I just think it's major because it's like a perfect match and it's actually happening. It's like when Korn and Adidas finally put their collaboration out. They've only had this song for thirty years. Yeah, they collaborated. Everybody loved it. This song sort of goes hand in hand with your laundry. It's a cool, dimmicky promo.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay poop.
Speaker 10: Becky Lynch is one of WWE's biggest stars, but she's a heel, and as a heel, she relies on cheap heat, insulting the audience in a way that's like really specific, so that they have no choice but to boo her. On Monday's episode of Raw, she referenced Ozzy Osbourne's recent death, which led to a response from his own daughter, I'm not wrestling in Birmingham, she said. The only good thing that came out of here died a month ago. But in fairness to Ozzie, he had the good sense to move to la a proper city, because if I lived in Birmingham, I'd die too. You could hear a gasp from the and it also caught the attention of Ozzie's daughter Kelly Osborne, who criticized Lynch and the WWE in a post on an IG story. She said, you are a disrespectful dirt bag. Birmingham would not urinate on you if you were on fire hashtag Birmingham forever. Shame on WWE for allowing such things to be said about my dad in his home. Oh Man Rich daughter of Darkness blasting on the WWE Midweek or major.
Speaker 2: I think this is major, and I want to take a joke. I'm one that likes to push the envelope, but this is like, you know, a legend died and you're insulting his hometown, Matt click yourself again in the daughter or any family members you know, shoes, you'd be a little set of a wrestling promo. Gimmick was taking shots at your dead pops.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, that's his audience, right, The wrestling audience is very much a metal audience too, so it's a it's.
Speaker 1: An odd choice. I'm gonna say major as well.
Speaker 2: I think Becky Lynch has to make this right, meaning like, look I'm a heel, and I was doing what a heel does, right, So it kind of worked, right.
Speaker 6: Doesn't it work? Though?
Speaker 2: It does work reaction, So I think I think there's a way to explain herself, like I'm trying. I guess maybe you went too far, but I was doing what I thought I was supposed to do as a heel, but as a person, as Becky Lynch, the person I loved your dad and I didn't want to offend you and I'm sorry. So I think she has a way to make it right. But yeah, way too soon. You know, no one wants to hear that her dad just died. Wrestling has been known to push the envelope. Remember when you were a kid, there were certain things like is that real or not? Like there are there are some gimmicks that they have you thinking, like, well, where's the line between reality and hey, it's entertainment, you know what, Maybe more think about it.
Speaker 1: I think it was rude, but I get it. I suppose, right, yeah, all right.
Speaker 10: Tops is releasing an exclusive card featuring featuring an unlikely baseball star, the Confused Squirrel, who ran under the field during the Yankees game against the Red Sox. The squirrel briefly stopped play during last Friday's game when it ran out onto Yankee Stadium during the top of the fourth inning and approached Yankees pitcher Max Freed on the mound. Freed said, my first reaction was, don't do anything that might embarrass you. I thought it was just going to run around, but it came straight to me and went in the little hole I created on the mound. The cameras caught Freed and the squirrel in a stare down At one point, I think I just said, okay, buddy, let's go. Freed said, he just did his thing. It's definitely strange, but it's all in good fun. Play resumed when the squirrel made his way to foul territory and ran through a chain link fence and into the scoreboard area.
Speaker 7: Yeah, rally.
Speaker 10: Squirrel status was not met because the Yankees went on to lose one to nothing, but he does get a tops Baseball card, rich midweeker major h this could.
Speaker 1: Have been major, but it's mid so waste it on or you think the squirrel cares. I would love a baseball Oh, waste.
Speaker 4: It on it.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 7: The Mets would have already had T shirts made by Now.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you this.
Speaker 2: I think it's I would have loved for the as much as I'm rooting against the Yankees every day agus could be known, I have our bed. I would have loved the Yankees to have the rally squirrel, just because I.
Speaker 1: Know Covino would have hated it. Yeah, but they ended up losing that angle.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm saying I almost wish they had the rally squirrel because Cavino hates gimmicky stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And you would have been at odds with yourself.
Speaker 2: It's a mid story, even though I know people love it and Danny g you nailed it. If this happened at City Field, the Mets would have had T shirts. It would have been a squirrel mascot. They would have leaned into this in the cheesiest of ways.
Speaker 7: Squirrel would have been invited back to throw out the first pitch.
Speaker 2: But I watched it live. Yeah, exactly right, we welcome him the squirrel. I watched it live, and it was pretty funny. The squirrel ran right up to I forget who was batting, but it ran up to his foot, like what was his squirrel up to? And then the face over Max Freed. It really was kind of funny, and then they put it in slow.
Speaker 1: Motion and they look at the gap. Look how graceful this thing is.
Speaker 2: It was a fun moment, but sort of mid because again, you think the squirrel cares about the card. I want a stupid card. What makes me say is the biggest highlight of the week for the Yanks? As he say, he says that you had an exciting weekend watching slow motion squirrel vance.
Speaker 1: The only good thing that happened last week for the Yankees.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Danny gy, Yeah, Danije, everybody you know. Let's go to Isaac Loancron. He's got an update. What's up ilow?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, fellas.
Speaker 11: The NFL Today's suspended Kansas City Chiefs receiver Rashie Reriice six games for violating the Personal Conduct Policy walk by me in the background.
Speaker 3: Look awkward.
Speaker 1: There you go. Let him do his upbeat and it is a multi media empire.
Speaker 11: I dare you to do it. Shirtless radio is theater of the mine. Oh, come on anyway. In July, rash Raish was sentenced to thirty days in jail in five years probation for his involvement in a car crash in Dallas during the twenty twenty four off season. The Baltimore Ravens signed safety Kyle Hamilton to a four year, one hundred million dollar extension with eighty two million guaranteed. And now the carousel begins about quarterbacks, all right, try and keep up. The Ravens also signing former Cleveland Browns quarterback Tyler Huntley to their practice squad. The Browns meanwhile signing former Patriots QB Bailey Zappy to their practice squad. The Patriots were awarded former New York Giants quarterback Tommy DeVito on waivers and released received at Kendrick Bourne that live audio of DeVito as he signed the contract he Jacksonville Jaguars general manager James Gladstone said today that rookie receiver in quarterback Travis Hunter will play in the regular season opener against Carolina. Hunter did not play in the jaguars final two pre season contests because of an upper body injury. Baseball, today, Coveto's Yankees defeated the Washington Nationals eleven to two. They had six home runs, including Aaron Judges forty first and Cody Bellinger's twenty fifth. Max Freed, by the Way, had a no hitter going for five innings before it was broken up. The Atlanta Braves hit five home runs, including two by Jerkson Profar at a twelve one victory at Miami. Right now, the Mariners up four to two over the Padres. In the bottom of the eighth inning, au Hanni O Suarez a three run home run is forty second of the season, and Roman Anthony let off the game at Baltimore for the Boston Red Sox today with his seventh home run of the season. So the Red Sox up won nothing over the Ools. As they go to the bottom of the first inning at Camden Yard, it's guys, back to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, isaach. I don't want to put you on the spot.
Speaker 11: It's live broadcasting. What's the problem you're You're the one who chicking out on taking your shirt off on the YouTube stream.
Speaker 1: Ye for now, he has those puffy ones if you know what I mean? Oh I do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: In my nipples man, especially in this cold studio of.
Speaker 2: An active they would look good in an active roster. Baseball's twenty six now right they added one more or is it twenty five and does it expand to twenty six.
Speaker 3: I think it expands September first, we can check.
Speaker 1: But I think it might even expand beyond that.
Speaker 2: My point is, most baseball teams carry twelve to thirteen pitchers, and that's that's pretty standard. It seems like a lot of football teams are carrying an extra quarterback. Where do you think they make up for that? You think less linemen are kept less guys in the secondary. That's a great ques because you've seen multiple teams carrying an extra QB, which means they're not carrying somewhere else. I'd be curious to Maybe we'll look into that later this week. But it seems like the Browns are not the only team that is quarterback heavy.
Speaker 11: And typically teams only do carry three quarterbacks because you're right, if you carry four, you have to sacrifice a roster spot elsewhere. So it would depend on what team it is and what situation they're individually in, Like some can afford to get away with one fewer defensive back, not so with offensive linemen. Teams usually carry eight maybe nine tops, so maybe they sacrifice a defensive a defensive back for examp.
Speaker 2: You would think with fifty three or twenty six in baseball. Oh that's plenty, but not you do utilize most guys on your roster. All right, listen, we got more Covin and Rich, we got stuff to get to. We talked Tom Brady, we talked for Nando Cruz. There is a there's a little more football I want to get to because we are eight days away.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that? Eight days away until football begins?
Speaker 2: So more Coveno on Rich next right here, y'all, Steve, so fresh and so clean clean. All right, we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and Rich space.
Speaker 1: It's a tea for a new job.
Speaker 2: Then it's time for department pros quit the endless online job search and list of pros and Express never charges job seekers a fee again expresspros dot com. So thank you for streaming live with us, hanging live with us on Fox Sports Radio and of course on our YouTube page, Covino and Rich FSR YouTube dot com slash at Covino.
Speaker 1: And Rich FSR.
Speaker 2: And since we're streaming live, Rich, I got this pretty cool idea of like standing up while I do the broadcast, like standing up.
Speaker 1: The whole time.
Speaker 2: Monny who I was thinking about tank I was thinking about wearing a tank top too. Yeah, that's a pretty cool idea, right, stand up with a tank top. Maybe tomorrow I'll do that an yeah, and Aaron Rodgers as a regular Yeah, good, you're top. Yes, standing up might be my new move. What do you think just stand up the whole time? Like, just lean over every once in a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd still stand a lot.
Speaker 10: I'd still put a four minute timer on your second.
Speaker 1: Shout outs to macif guy likes to stand.
Speaker 2: But anyway, there's a big debate going on outside in the hallway. You know, the beefcakes to work here, Oh beef Kak Patrick and beefcake Brandon, Brandon and the beefcakes. They were having a debate with Rob g outside and it's a funny one. This is, you know what I'm labeling this conversation When you care too much about your fantasy team? Yes, and there's a lot of people that do. When this is how you know you care too much about your fantasy football team. There was a hypothetical presented to the innocent Patrick Patrick, such a nice boy.
Speaker 1: His mom makes cookies for everyone.
Speaker 2: Again, these are the editors and producers here, at Fox Sports Radio. It's such a great team.
Speaker 1: Great dudes. They're having a funny ass conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't even want his beautiful sweet mother Maureen to hear this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Maureen, who.
Speaker 2: Makes cookies for us, Now it's time to change a channel. Actually, I think you'd be proud of his decision, or at least I am. But so take it away. Apparently Patrick is known to like slightly older women. Right, So, Brandon, I believe, presented the question to Patrick.
Speaker 1: Brandon, who's football obsessed.
Speaker 2: By the way, Brandon, who's such a great dude, one of the really promising young editors here.
Speaker 1: He's got great he makes great TikTok videos.
Speaker 2: But but when I say Brandon's a the fantasy football his TikTok videos have hundreds of thousands of views.
Speaker 1: He's he's legit.
Speaker 2: We work with some talented young men and young women, and I love this kid, Brandon, because he's a Niners fan, and he makes me think every day that the Niners are going to win thirteen games. So, all right, well, present the hypothetical, he said, Patrick, I know you like older women. So if right now in front of you, I presented you two scenarios, the hottest milf that you've ever seen, or your favorite player justin Jefferson on your fantasy team, what.
Speaker 1: Would you pick?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold On, it wasn't just the hottest milf you've ever seen, forty year old, hottest milf you've ever sad, not even that at all, like that.
Speaker 1: But to them that's like old.
Speaker 2: I guess when you're twenty four, Yeah, I guess that's old, lady. And Patrick, like a wise man, said yeah, I'm taking the hot forty year old milf, the hottest forty year old milf you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And Brandy goes, but it's justin Jeffers. He's like, then you're not a real fan. Then you're not. I'm like, so I had a butt in too. I'm like, wait, what do you guys?
Speaker 2: They're getting all loud because they think Patrick's crazy for choosing the woman in this scenario, and I'm like, yeah, I agree with Patrick's just sitting there nodding his head, like what are these youngsters chatting me? You're gonna choose a number one fantasy draft pick over the hottest milf that ever was in this hypothetical? Then I think your love of football has gone way too far. Your fantasies are off, that's what that's what I come to here, and keeping it real goals wrong.
Speaker 1: Yes, so funny, but it's a good one.
Speaker 2: But it goes to show you how passionate people are about their football and fantasy.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, my fantasy, my fantasy is way.
Speaker 2: Different than my fantasy doesn't involve Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 3: Justin Jefferson's don't even involve himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for some people, you know, it's real. So hey man, that's funny. Hey, would you do present that question to your buddies? A good one though, your favorite player on your fantasy team or your fantasy make it happen?
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 2: John Kenyon his style, let us know at Covino and Rich that's always been your thoughts. You've always you've always said things that, yeah, my fantasies don't include Christian McCaffer.
Speaker 1: Not Barklay.
Speaker 2: By the way, have you seen that great picture someone superimposed and photoshops sat clon Barkley backwards jumping Taylor and Travis.
Speaker 1: I reposted it. He's jumping over the proposal.
Speaker 7: So funny.
Speaker 2: Danny G Radio on Twitter. You could see that and you could see us. Like I said every day on the YouTube stream at at Covino and Rich FSR.
Speaker 1: We'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Have a great Wednesday in the Promised Land, Gobye peace,