Speaker 1: Johnny, we have solved all of your holiday shopping stress your needs because the holidays will sneak up fast, but it's not too early to get your shopping done and actually have fun with it. Uncommon Goods makes holidays shopping stress free and joyful with thousands of one of a kind gifts you can't find anywhere else. Uncommon Goods looks for products that are high quality, unique, and often handmade or made in the United States. Many are crafted by you independent artists and small businesses. And because they're made in small batches, they are the best fines. But they can sell out fast, Johnny. What I found here. And I'm telling you, Johnny right now, if you use a promo code, I'm gonna tell you that in here. In a second, this is what I want for Christmas. Okay. Uncommon Goods has a recycled skateboard display stand, so it looks like a skateboard. It just sit on your desk, sit on the bookshelf. I can put my laptop on it. I can work on the show, Johnny, I could be working. I could do your job. Frankly, and uh look like uh, I got a little skateboard. I got a little skateboard to work off of which you know I love, I love. Even though I'm getting older, I too love a good skate But this recycled skateboard is so cool and it's just one of the many unique items that you can find on Uncommon Goods. It has something for everyone, from moms and dads to kids and teens. From book lovers, history buffs, eric talking about you and die hard football fans to foodies, mixologists and avid gardeners, you'll find thousands of new gift ideas that you won't find anywhere else. When you shop at uncommon Goods, you're supporting artists and small independent businesses. Many of their handcrafted products are made in small batches, so shot now before set. They sell out this holiday season, and with every purchase you make at uncommon Goods, they give back one dollar to a nonprofit partner of your choice. They've donated more than three million dollars to date. So shop early, have fun, and cross some names off your list. To day get fifteen percent off your next gift. Go to uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me. That's uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me for fifteen percent off don't miss out on this limited time offer uncommon goods. We are all out of the ordinary. Johnny, if you haven't told everybody this is how you're doing your holiday shopping, you really missed the boat. I mean, that's what. That's why I told my family.
Speaker 2: I love Jammin, I use Spotify. I would about you guys, any Spotify, no app? Okay, Amazon, baby, I don't know it. CDs even. I used Spotify and we had the raps came out yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's fun. Sounds like none of you know what that is. So Spotify rapped. They track thank you a couple of men all right, Spotify.
Speaker 4: Move day of business. So they track all your listening. Who do you listened to? How long you listen to it?
Speaker 3: And they, you know, get together the data and they give it to you towards the end of November every year, and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: You can see go back through, you know, maybe the beginning.
Speaker 3: Of the year when you were depressed, and see who you were listening to. Right, I did have seasonal depression last year. I saw my list. The playlist is dark, but it's fun and they have the artist videos and this send you thank you, you know, mine was odd.
Speaker 2: They called out that I liked to listen to the full album, which I didn't think was a bad thing. Probably showed my age. But the artist video was very on point, young blood. He said, thanks for listening. So you're the one.
Speaker 4: Huh, You're the one guy.
Speaker 1: We are back. It's a brand new episode. This is Laugh with Me, a podcast with Jeremyotam. I'm your host, Jay Oh And Happy Friday. It is the Friday Happy Hour edition. Oh my god, it feels good to crack open the first beer of the weekend and get right too. We got a lot to celebrate this week. We have so much to celebrate. This week, Spotify released the rapt. If you don't know what rap is, let me give you a quick synopsis here. Basically, they take all your data from what you listen to the entire year on Spotify and they put it together in a very creative little package.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They let you know who your favorite artist was, that you're the top half percent or top ten percent or whatever it is of fans of that artist. That's kind of fun. They tell you the top artist, she tell you how many minutes you listen to music or listen to Spotify this year, you know they and they tell you your you know, your your favorite playlist, They'll put together this big ass playlist. Here's your top one hundred songs of the year. Uh, here's your top five artists. Here's top five songs. Like it's good to go back because sometimes you're like, oh shit, I forgot you know that I listened to that freaking song one hundred times back in March, and it is kind of like a tale of your year and where you've been. And you know, if you were going through some things, you might have you know, found certain albums or certain songs that just kind of spoke to you. That's music, right, And you know, we also have it for us podcasters. I've got the wrapped for Laugh with Me. That was fun to see last year, so we're not talking about this year. Twenty twenty four, twenty twenty three, which was our first year of the show we had it was something like it was something like sixteen or eighteen or maybe even less than that fans that we were their number one podcast that they listened and that was fantastic, Like that was quite the feeling when you see that and you're like, holy shit, like that many people were their number one podcast like that was very humble this year twenty twenty four, laugh with and I knew the show had been growing, right. I know we're doing good things. I think our storytelling is connecting with some folks. I also have found that we've done an okay job promoting the show in various avenues. Sometimes something will hit, a lot of times things don't. But we have found that some things have hit, and it's like, all right, let's let's find more of that magic. Our guests this year we're fans fantastic and we're going to bring back some of those guests. Uh here just in this month of December, we've got two Time o e a A Award nominee. Leavetti Vegas makes his return December sixteenth. But we've also got a lot of brand new guests and December is going to be a fun time. But the thing is we've Johnny and I were talking, it's like we're connecting with the audience in some ways or some of you and and it's awesome. It's humbling, and thank you so much to all of you that do listen to the show. If it was one person that we were the number one fan. That would be awesome, Like I they would be. It would put a big, old fat smile on my face and I'd crack open a beer and cheers to you. That's for sure. Well that is it. And Spotify says on and this and this is just Spotify right. I think we've had an even bigger here on on the Apple platform, but for Spotify. Laugh with me this year was the number one podcast for three hundred and fifty nine listeners. No, no, the jotty. No, that's not no jotty, that is not a joke. That is huge. Three hundred and fifty nine fans. Thank you very much. We couldn't be more thankful for you. We couldn't be more excited for where this show is going. Three hundred and fifty nine, thank you so much. We were the top five show for eight hundred and forty eight fans. Thank you. What else are you guys listening to? That's the dad I want to see? And we we were the top ten podcast for one thousand, eight hundred fans. Holy cow, Johnny, you guys keep listening. We get more and more. I'm gonna have to start paying Johnny from Johnny Palermo and myself. We just want to say thank you so much from all the guests that we had this last year. Thank you for listening and thank you for listening to their stories. We have so much more to come, and it seems like the audience that we've grown the most in I mean ages twenty five to twenty nine, and we did skew a little older a year ago. In our primary listener it went all the way up to cause I think it was like twenty six to forty or thirty nine or something like that. Whatever that range was, that was our predominant listener and it still may be. But the age range that we grew the most, we grew by one thousand over one thousand percent, was in the twenty five to twenty nine range. So somehow, someway, we're finding a younger audience and uh, which is incredible because as you know, I'm not I'm not the youngest guy on the block anymore. Baby, There's a lot of young folks out there. But uh, we're we're we're we're connecting to you and I just could not say thank you enough and uh be appreciative enough. I mean, it's very humbling that you guys listen to the show every single week, sometimes multiple times a week, and we're gonna we're gonna work to give you even more. In fact, a lot of announcements coming up this month for twenty twenty five that is going to uh add I guess elements to the listening experience, maybe into the viewing experience, if you know what I mean. It's like watching stuff like and you know what, and a lot of you you stuck with me through all of season one and you're like, he all he does is talk about season two is coming. All he like half of season one is talking about how season two is coming and the launch on YouTube and the YouTube page is up. Don't get me wrong. The exciting part we're gonna be able to give you. We're gonna be able to give you the show, and we're gonna be able to show you it. We're gonna have the pictures. We're gonna show us some pictures. Some of you are gonna be like, what the hell he looks like that he's got red hair, guy do okay? And that's there's nothing wrong with that. We're a rare breed anymore. I've got the red hair of the blue eyes. That's a rare breed. Okay, something special happening over here that I think you're gonna wanna, you know, pay attention to. That's that's all I wanna, you know, say about that. But Spotify rapped, man, that was it's always fun when it drops. It's uh, it's seemingly random when it drops, because, uh, this year it was what a week or two later than it was a year ago. So I don't know how that works. I don't know if we can maybe try to get somebody from Spotify on the show and just kind of explain how that works. I mean, we maybe we can call maybe we can call them and just ask some questions, you know, about Spotify rapped and see if we can get like a maybe a better understanding of, you know, of this process, because it's uh, they don't they don't really put it out there. They just say it's gonna happen, It's gonna drop, and it's definitely the number one. I feel bad because like you always see the posts of people like, uh, nobody cares what you listen to on Spotify, and you know that couldn't be for from the truth. People love to see what other people are into, so that's false. What that shows is you're a little jealous because you didn't have a Spotify rapped yourself, and you're probably telling yourself, you know what, next year, I'm gonna listen. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna jump right in. But then you don't right away, because if you don't do it now, you're you're not gonna jump in in June and be like, all right, I'm starting Spotify, so I get a raped, but you've already missed half the year's you know, listening experience. So the data is not true because then you're not as excited about it. That's real. So if you don't use Spotify, now's the time to do This isn't even an advertised the Spotify's not paying me shit, I promise you that right now. They ain't pay me nothing. They should, but they're not paying me anything to tell you. Now's the time to get you know, a sign up, log in and start using Spotify to listen to your tunbes, listen to your podcasts. They can get a cool wrapped at the the end of the year. That's what it's about. Literally, the only reason I use Spotify. It's a great and it's a great product. That's not like one of those things where you're using a product but you're not happy with it. I'm plenty happy with Spotify. Like there's there is no you know, negative vibes in there when I'm listening to it, Like I don't have a shoddy experience using Spotify. I'm just telling you right now, I specifically use Spotify so that I can get my wrapped at the end of the year, like they do it right. And I know other you know, other streamers, other apps or whatever are are doing that or starting to do that, and they're trying to build on it. Because it's true. There is people that listen to Spotify because of the rapped and hand up. I'm one of them. Johnny, damn it, you're gonna be next year too. It's gonna be uh, it's gonna be fun. We're gonna we're gonna see how how many folks that are not using Spotify. We can get on the Spotify bandwagon for twenty five. Let's grow that number three hundred and fifty nine top fans laugh with me. In twenty four. Let's see if we can double down, baby, Let's see if we can double down I remember specifically last year saying, what if we doubled it? Holy cow, probably not possible. Let's give it a go. Oh, we did it. We did it all right, thank you, Johnny. We certainly did it. Now let's do it again. Can you imagine, let's play this like we're playing blackjack. Okay, we just want to hand. Now, let's double down, take your winnings piled on top of your base bet, and let's go. Let's go, let's win it again, and let's see where this baby can land. It's the Friday Happy Hour. It's gonna be a great weekend. I can just feel it. It's early December. The weather's nice, right like the weather's nights. We had a cold day. I mean, I'm for those of you that know I live in Omaha, Nebraska, so like the weather flips by the hour. But we had a really cold day yesterday. Today it's beautiful. It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend. We've got Chargers versus Chiefs in Kansas City, Missouri on Sunday night, Sunday Night football. A lot on the line there. It's gonna be a good, good weekend. I'm excited. Cheers to you. Guys, thank you so much for listening and being a fan. We have so much more content coming your way and we I just I can't say thank you enough for those of you that listened listen to the show, and specifically those of you that listen to the show on Spotify only because I've got data on it right now. Thank you so much. We appreciate so much. So from Johnny Palermo and myself, Jo have her self Happy Friday.