Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday, January twenty third, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast.
Speaker 1: We're Haters with a heart to be your man named g Marcus.
Speaker 2: Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. And I say that because so Floria, I gotta give credit to the Bills Mafia, because y'all are weird. Y'all are obnoxious and very much over the top. But the Bills Mafia does have a reputation for helping out people that help them. You know, I remember obviously the Andy Dalton thing when the Bengals, you know, helped you guys get into the playoffs and in the playoff drop and the most recent one. Now I see that Bill's Mafia is donating to diabetes research in honor of Mark Andrews. So, you know, while on the one hand, Mark Andrews and his drops sort of helped you guys along in the AFC Championship.
Speaker 1: Game, it's nice to say Bills bar feels giving back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is They've done this a couple of times. I know they did it. Uh, this is a second time with the Ravens. They after beating them in the playoffs a couple of years ago, they donated to Lamar's charity.
Speaker 1: It is a very unique thing. I don't know of any other.
Speaker 3: Fan base that does this, but that's what makes it so cool. And I did see, speaking of haters, I saw someone on Twitter being like, did I ever donate when the player beats them? And it's like, no, man, that doesn't that's not in the nature of what this is. Like this is like, all right, we beat you.
Speaker 1: Guys, but at the end of the day, like it's bigger than.
Speaker 3: Football or whatever, you know, so like it's like losing a fight after that, he just got completely whooped and it's like, all right, here's twenty bucks. I know it doesn't make things better for Mark Andrews, but I'm sure it's got a just a little like even if it's one percent, he's got to be like, all right, some good.
Speaker 2: Came out of this, yeah, yeah, And why would you even think that, Like no, of course you're not going to donate after the team beats us, Like no, of course, not like they gotta win, Like why do I need to help them?
Speaker 1: More? So small percentage it has to be tongue in cheek though, like it's like, mm yeah, thanks, guys. Yeah, I don't know. It just feels like it's a thing now and like people are noticing it even more now, and like if they do this next year, and let's say, you guys go all the way to the Super Bowl, Like, do they reward the Super Bowl losers? Like, maybe let's maybe two more weeks. Let's get ahead of ourselves here. You're right, well, we will.
Speaker 2: We will predict the championship games at the end of the show today because obviously this is our last one before Sunday hits, So I will.
Speaker 1: Get to that a little bit later on.
Speaker 2: We'll continue our exit interviews picks thirteen through sixteen in the upcoming drafts. So we're hitting pretty much the halfway spot of the first round, but starting with a couple of news headlines, both involving teams in the AFC East. So Floria will play close attention because this impacts you directly.
Speaker 1: Starting in New England, where what is old.
Speaker 2: Is new again, the Patriots are expected to hire former offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as their next offensive coordinator. This is not a complete surprise, guys. We had heard this rumor recently, like a week ago. I think I gave a deep sigh of disappointment on the pod when we first talked about this a little while ago. But it looks like it is going to happen. Mike Vrabel, we know, was announced as the head coach. Now Josh McDaniels is coming back. They're going to try to get the band back together. I guess I don't know. I mean, look, Florio, we've seen Josh McDaniels as an offensive coordinator. He's certainly better as a coordinator than he has been as a head coach. You are maybe the number one Drake May stand on this show. Is this a good thing for Drake May?
Speaker 3: I want to say yes, and I agree he is a much better coordinator than he is head coach. But I'm also not positive of that because, like, look at his years as an OC with and without Tom Brady, Like it's night and day. And I understand, like when the Patriots lose Tom Brady twenty twenty twenty twenty one, it was Mac Jones' rookie year all of that, like, but it's still like all of his success has come under Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, and those.
Speaker 1: Are outside of maybe my holmes and Reid, which.
Speaker 3: Are trying to make a case for it. Though that's the greatest head coach quarterback duo in NFL history. Tom Brady's the goat. So I still have questions about this, but I do ultimately think it is a good thing because we have seen McDaniels get the most out of his offenses in New England, and even more than that, we've seen him be able to work when he has quarterback talent, and that is what I belie Drake May is. But man, I wish there was a like, don't you guys wish you could just leave your job whenever you wanted to go somewhere else and it was always just.
Speaker 1: Sitting there waiting for you to come back. Absolutely, that'd be a great situation in any job situation. But I feel like this is the third time, guys, we're in the third time this guy's going to be in that building calling plays. And you know, my expectations are for Drake May to be like this quarterback that we know he could be because the talent's there. I mean, Florio talked about it all season long of like you just see that wow in him every time you watch the game, and like the upside is there. And the good thing about this though, it's not like with adding McDaniel's it's gonna like shoot up any of these Patriots players ADPs like, I'll take the discount on Drake May, I'll take the upside. I'll take a Demerio Douglas. And you know, who knows what they do in free agency, who they bring in. There's some free agents available, some trades that could happen. I don't know. I just think this seems like a comfort move for the Patriots and a little familiarity, you know. Therefore, that's one hundred percent with this. This is absolutely a comfort move. It is it is getting the band back together. It is trying to rekindle the glory years that they had for literally two decades. And I say this as a USC alum and Stan watching that program try for years unsuccessfully to sort of rebuild the Pete Carroll era, like after he left and went to Seattle and the team, you know, they hit probation for a little bit, and they struggled to try and rebuild things. They just kept bringing in former Pete Carroll assistants as coordinators and head coaches and hoping that it would somehow respark the magic and it never did. Now, Look, I think we all agree like Mike Rabel is a good coach. He did the most I think with very little, relatively speaking, in Tennessee for a number of years. So maybe there's some optimism there.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator for some of their better years. But as you mentioned, they had Bill Belichick running the show, they had Tom Brady at quarterback, and they had a lot more talent across the board than they do right now. I mean, yeah, their wide receiver room was probably better this year than it had been the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: It still wasn't good.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, we talked about the two rookies that they drafted with Polk and Javon Baker, and those guys combined for making make sure I get this right, thirteen catches for ninety nine yards not good really, but anywhere we're talking about like, yeah, I'll take a flyer on the Mario Douglas sixty six catches six hundred and twenty one yards. I'll take a late round dart throw at kay Shawan Boody forty three for five eighty nine. I mean, yeah, Drake May shows some flashes and ideally he does improve and.
Speaker 1: Progress this year.
Speaker 2: This is a team that still doesn't have a lot of talent, and so that's why there's not gonna be a big bounce. I mean, all these guys come in a big discount because it's all sort of hope and good luck that that we're looking at when it comes to fantasy. So I don't know. I mean, I said Josh McDaniels. Obviously he's had some success there. I know that's the reason they're bringing him back. He's familiar with the whole Patriot Way thing and whatever. It just it just feels lazy.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's.
Speaker 2: A it's another reboot, right, it's we we live in a world with three Spider Man twos, that's what this is.
Speaker 1: Man and how many Batman? Like how many times have we got to watch Batman parents die? Like it's one of those things too, Like come on, hey man, hey Thomas and Martha, maybe don't go to the theater.
Speaker 2: Or maybe just wait and leave till everybody else leaves and don't walk down an alley like.
Speaker 1: What are we doing here? Yeah? Zero wasn't that good when it came out like you don't have to go see that.
Speaker 3: I do love when a movie, like something like a Batman will take it and put their own spin on it. They're like, it's gonna be a similar story to what you know and expect, but we're gonna like that's what I wanted this Patriots regime to be. But like it's the same, same old, and this is the most important Hive was gonna make if he's overlooking the defense and stuff.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll see if this is actually like a good rebooting sequel or I don't know, like if it's like the New Coming to America or something. Oh god, I actually didn't see that. It just seemed like a bad idea, that's all I saw it.
Speaker 1: You're on par you're on track.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, we will stay in the AMCs because the Jets have made a higher. This sertment floating around for a couple of days, but Aaron Glenn is the new head coach of the New York Jetropolitans. He played there at some point during his playing career as well. Lakwan, you had a lot of hate in your heart and you let it out about the Lions on Tuesday's show. Do you want to continue to pray and dance around at their potential downfall?
Speaker 1: You're gonna be the bigger person here. No, I'm sure, man, I can't do in any situation if I wanted to, Like, no, absolutely not, let's go the tray is down bad. But Aaron Glenn, I mean, look, I'm happy for that Jets defense. I mean, Sauce Gardner had a down year. I mean, honestly, he wasn't hisself. So you look at Jets DST as a fantasy option if you still have DST out there in your leagues, Like I look at this as a huge plus, you know, for the defense to get back on par and then honestly, who knows what they're going to do with that offense? Honestly, I mean Zaron Rodgers stain, is Davante Adams staying Like these are questions that we still have answered in January, and like as soon as the season starts getting closer, that's when we could really start a mold and see how this team's going to be as a culture. Is it going to be the circus? Part two? Is it going to be Jersey Shore, like we don't know man, Like we're all over the place with this Jets team. Yeah, and I think I don't know, Floria.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I can get high or low on the Jets offense until we figure a lot of things out right. I mean, we don't know who the coordinator is going to be. We don't know who the quarterback is going to be. There's just so many questions marks that.
Speaker 1: We don't know who works there. We really don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't know whose key card still gets them in the door.
Speaker 1: We have no idea.
Speaker 2: So I guess until then, we can't really make any actual evaluations on what to expect from this offense, can't we?
Speaker 3: No, No, I because there's way, of all the thirty two offenses in the league, this one might.
Speaker 1: Have the most variables going into the offense.
Speaker 3: Because there's so like they have talent in place with Brice Hall, with Aaron Wilson, with DeVante Adams, but DeVante I believe is a free agent.
Speaker 1: Wilson has already asked to leave Aaron Rodgers futures up in the air.
Speaker 3: But I do like this hiring because the Jets have a lot of talent on defense and that is their path to success in the immediate future. So I think trying to go all in on what your strength is is smart. But my first takeaway with this was like, first time head coach, defensive minded head coach. Obviously the OC who they hire matters, but like, if you're Aaron Glenn right now, do you want to hit reset on that offense or are you thinking, Hey, keep Aaron Rodgers in place, keep the talent that we have on offen. I will get this defense to where it needs to be and we could be contenders like.
Speaker 1: We thought all along.
Speaker 3: So look, I could easily be wrong, but I feel like this hiring maybe pushes it to a sense where they run it back with the offense.
Speaker 1: But again, who knows.
Speaker 2: Ah, Yeah, I don't know. The Other part of this is the Jets are still looking, as of the hiring of Glenn look for a general manager, which is sort of weird that you're hiring the coach before the GM, because now you know, ideally you find a general manager and your head coach, your your visions are aligned, you have an idea of how you want to move forward. Its just it seems like a backward process. But we're also talking about the Jets, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I do think we've seen a change in the last like five or so years.
Speaker 1: Where it used to.
Speaker 3: Be hire the GM, the GM hires the coach. Now I feel like it's kind of the flip and the head coach is the most important. Were in higher for these teams, and they're like letting the coaches help them figure out who the GM is going to be. And it's worked out in some places and it has not in others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the Jets.
Speaker 2: Will We will wait further instructions before we can kind of give you any further analysis we expect from the Jets this year. But I'm turning our attention now to the exit interviews as we continue a long picks thirteen through sixteen in the draft. At number thirteen, it's Miami Dolphins, who were eight and nine this past year. We went right Von Hense the fantastic season, followed up a great rookie year with an outstanding sophomore campaign nearly fifteen hundred scrimmage yards, seventy eight catches, twelve touchdowns, just shy of three hundred PPR points. There he was the RB five and as you may or may not know from listening to the show. John and Smith had a good year this year. Eightyhch is eight hundred and eighty four yards, eight touchdowns. He was the tight end four and for that reason, Kwan got to cosplay as Evil Alman Ross Saint Brown for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Blonde, the blonde bandit, The blonde bandit, That's what it was. Uh, what went wrong?
Speaker 2: Tyreek Hill an underwhelming season, less than one thousand yards, eighty one catches, nine hundred and fifty nine yards, six touchdowns, Wide receiver eighteen. For a lot of guys not named Tyreek Hill. That's a pretty good year for him, a guy that was being drafted in the top five in some leagues.
Speaker 1: Not so much. Jalen Wattle even more frustrating.
Speaker 2: Fifty eight catches, seven hundred and forty four yards and two touchdowns, Wide receiver forty six.
Speaker 1: Florida.
Speaker 2: You obviously are in the same division. You watch a lot of these games. Have we soured on Mike McDaniel is has the Mike McDaniel experience hit its ceiling now?
Speaker 1: Not for me, I think, I mean.
Speaker 2: Only for you as a fan. Obviously, you want the Dolphins to keep being average.
Speaker 3: So yes, I think for real, like he has done a lot of beating up on bad teams, and his offense to have struggled against good teams.
Speaker 1: I think that's more.
Speaker 3: On Tua than on him. I think Tua is a very limited quarterback. I think when things are right, you can win with Tua and and when things are on script, he is amazing. But when his first read isn't there, or when there's pressure or anything goes not according to plan, and that is not on the coach after that point. The coach can only coach up to a certain point. After a certain point, it's on the player to improvise and make a play. And that's where Tua sense to lack a bit. But I think he's a good like I care about fantasy more than anything, and he is a good coach for fantasy.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: He had a top five tight end this year, a top five wide receiver. I know the I'm sorry, top five running back. I know the wide receivers disappointed, but for years they were both awesome for fantasy purposes, Tua was really good. So I think it's a situation where maybe some retooling it got a little stale. This year, you need to retool a little bit. But I still think Mike McDaniels is one of the better offensive minded coaches in the NFL, and if the Dolphins were to let him go, I think another team picks him up pretty quickly because of the success that he has had. And this year, more than anything, was like Toua wasn't available, and that's not on him.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: They didn't play well with backup quarterbacks, but take the starting quarterback away from most teams and their seasons over right then and there.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna I'm gonna ask you this one. Lakwan tu a sung of Iiloa or Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Funny, I'm taking two. I'll take two of it. When he's hurt over Trevor Lawrence. Wow, do you have hating your heart? Let it out like I just.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, I asked you that because I know I know how you feel about Trevor Lawrence, and I guess I sort of wanted to get how you feel about Tua and that tells me a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, like Florio explained, like his lack of as you know, his quarterback struggles when he doesn't have his first raid and et cetera, et cetera. It's more so of the health, Like it's more so is he going to be available for this team? And that again does not fall on Mike mcdaime. That doesn't even fall on Tyreek Hill. And I understand Tyreek's frustration. I mean, look, he had a down season. I mean it's his first season with less than seventeen hundred yards. That sounds insane, like that's his first season with the Miami Dolphins, I mean with less than seventeen hundred yards. But you get his frustration of just having a quarterback available for him so this team can win, so this team can be competitive within that division, because I would hate to be to Miami Dolphins with all this talent, all these tools, and you're on the kind of same part of the circus with the Jets, and you're watching the Bills go out there and dominate, Like it's sad to see in its frustrations, But like Mike Florio said, it, it's more so of like you had a top five tight end, a top five running back, get your quarterback on the field healthy, and just execute the plan like doing these last couple of seasons.
Speaker 2: Do we believe Floria that Tyreek really wants out of Miami because remember, like it was like a how is that? You know, how it started? How it's going sort of thing. I get started, He's just like, I love it here, My family loves it here.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want to leave.
Speaker 2: By the end of the year, He's like, I can't be here no more. I gotta be out. Like do we really think that's gonna happen? Or was this just like a frustration heat of the moment sort of thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's more that. I think it's more frustration from and it was remember how this year started for Tyreek and the Dolphins, and like he wasn't fully healthy and stuff, and then like Tua gets hurt in week two, like and misses six weeks at that point, so like their season was pretty much over before it started. They had to like scratch and claw their way out of it. And uh, I think because of where he is in his career, Tyrek is going to push to want to go somewhere else because he has what maybe another two years at playing at an elite status.
Speaker 1: One thing I haven't heard anyone.
Speaker 3: Talk about is like, what this year the start of a decline for Tyree Hill because speed players fall off a cliff in this league. So because of the money he's owed and because of his skill set in his age, I think most likely scenario is that he is back, but I would not be surprised at all if he's pushing, like, put me on a contender, Put me on a contender. And I've already seen him photoshopped in like four different teams jerseys in this offseason, So that's gonna happen either way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to your point, he will be thirty one by this time next season starts turns thirty one on March first, So you are starting to get to the age cliff for wide receivers. Maybe not as dramatic as it is for running backs, but it does exist. And as you're to your point, when speed is a big part of your game, when that starts to go, it starts to become a little more difficult to continue to perform at the same level that you have been previously.
Speaker 1: Where do you guys gauge drafting him though, Like I mean, is he still a first round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still a first round pick to me. At the worst, he's early second round. Like, yeah, he's not gonna last much into the second round.
Speaker 1: Oh my mock. I got him at two oh six, so that's actually a little further down it. But let's played a game real quick. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: As soon as I said it, I started thinking, I'm like, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you got Luco, I got Nico in front of him, I got aj Brown in front of him, and then I got a Monra and Brian Thomas Jr. Out of those groups, are you gonna take Tyreek over those guys?
Speaker 2: Nico is the one to me that I don't know, Like, obviously he was fantastic this year, he just seems volatile, Like I just don't know if if he continues to perform at that level. Because we talked earlier, we talked on Tuesday about how late in the season he sort of fell off and how he's sort of tied to CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud for the near future.
Speaker 2: I'm who knows what else happens when that wide receiver room in Houston, Like, I see the ceiling for Nico Collins, but I also think the floor is maybe a little more unstable than we wanted to be.
Speaker 3: Brian Thomas was the name that I was like, I can I could be convinced to go either way here.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, he's another one.
Speaker 2: I know I fired off the Brian Thomas is a first round pick, like right after the season started. But that's another one where you know, I sat down and I had a good night's sleep and a cup of coffee and I'm like, all right, lady, let's let's rethink that idea.
Speaker 1: No, but the fantasy stres are with you though, Like I've seen this multiple times that people were like skyrocking him to the first round. I can't pull the trigger personally, but he's definitely in that early second round ballpark.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, early second round feels a little more comfortable to me now, Like.
Speaker 1: Immediately I was like, yeah, first round. Then I'm like, uh.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, hold on, let's let's reevaluate things. And then yeah, so that's kind of where I am right now. So all right, so Tyreek then maybe second round pick? Well interesting, Yeah, well that's not to workshop that as we as we keep going this offseason. For sure, it was weird, like it feels nasty though it didn't feel right. You guys were getting start and say questions in your DMS about if you're going to start Tyreek Hill, Like, I think once we hit that point with a player, it's kind of like I can't take this first round investment, Like he's off the border the first round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 2: The number fourteen pick goes to the Indianapolis Colts. They were also eight and nine this year. Jonathan Taylor was fantastic as usual, fifteen hundred and sixty seven scrimmag yards, twelve touchdowns. He was the RB twelve. Josh Downs had something of a breakout season, maybe not a full breakout, but the beginnings of one seventy two catches, eight hundred and three yards, five touchdowns, So where it went wrong. We were very excited about Anthony Richardson. We had a small sample size his rookie year, but it was enough to wet the appetite and get us all fired up about what could be this year. We were all like, yeah, this guy has top five upside. There were even people who were going so far as to say he could be the QB one overall.
Speaker 1: He was the QB twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, that being said, Lakwan, how are you approaching Anthony Richardson in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Very cautiously. And I say that because it's like, if I'm in leagues where I have to draft two quarterbacks, he will be my second quarterback. Because you do believe that there was a night and day change once he got bent and then he got back into the game. They started playing into his strends and more design runs, Like if he keeps on running, he gets more fantasy points. Like I think it's that easy and simple to play to his strengths and kind of keep the weapons around, like hit this draft, get moral line, get another tight end, Like there's some needs for this team, and like you look at the wide receivers and you got to really honestly look at like Anthony Richson, who is he going to be his wide receiver one? And like that needs to be, you know, in stone so he can hyper focus on how to keep this offense moving, how to keep the chains going, how to convert the third down, be a red zone threat. That what he is because in that small sample size last season, we saw what was it, like seven touchdowns in like two and a half games that could be on par And that's why we were so hyped for him to be a QB one because it's in him. It's there. It's just more so of like, is the coaching staff going to play to his strems and not trying to make him fit into an offense that they envision and just play what Anthony Richid can do.
Speaker 2: So then if we if we go to that idea and I know Florida, we were all excited about the rushing ability to touchdown upside. Lakwan mentioned they need to find a wide receiver. One we thought it was Michael Pittman Junior. He finishes the wide receiver forty one. It was, It wasn't great, And so I just I look at it as if they decide to play to Richardson strengths, right, if they create more design runs, if they create more easy throws, does this mean we're out on Colts wide receivers then for me, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's very weird because as excited as we all are for Anthony Richardson for fantasy purposes, in the upside that he brings, I would say, as of right now in his career, he is a net negative to every other Colts offensive player for fantasy purposes because Michael Pittman Junior, like he was not a top forty wide receiver this year, he was the wide receiver thirteen. Last year in the wide receiver fourteen in points per game. Like, this is a guy who prior to this year three years in a row being a top twenty wide receiver. And look at the quarterbacks, it was like Gardner, Minshew and other retreads. He was productive with those guys. So I don't think this is a wide receiver issue. I don't think Michael like, yes, he was playing hurt through the back injury, all of that. Josh Downs looks good at times, Alec Pierce looked good at times, Like I don't think this wide receiver room is one of the best in the leagues or anything like that, but there's some talent there.
Speaker 1: And Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: You look at his game log, like pass numbers were never really great. The completion percentage at times was below forty percent. And I say this as someone who is very much so rooting for Anti Richardson and wants him to be awesome. What also stood out to me was Jonathan Taylor had less I believe it was less than twenty catches last season. Like, it's just not it's a style of play that is good for him for fantasy purposes, and yeah, eighteen catches for Jonathan Taylor last year and like career low, So yeah, I think it's he could be really good for fantasy. Everyone else, I'm I'm not interested in drafting. And but to Laquan's point, like, if Anthony Richardson gets drafted as a QB two, I'm going to take him on so many of my teams because the upside is just as high as we thought it was last year. You're just getting him at a much bigger discount and we know the risk now even more than we did last season. So if you got to take him as your first QB, I'm out. If you could get him as your QB two, Like, yeah, I'm all on board with that.
Speaker 2: I'm I am going to be curious about what the general can say is gonna be on Anthony Richardson this offseason. Here's my other fear with him and Shane Steichen, as far as we know, still gonna be the head coach when they fired up in Week one next season. The way he handled his quarterback situation was about as poorly as you could have done it right. Yes, just randomly benching Anthony Richardson bringing in Joe Flacco. Flacco stinks it up for a couple of weeks, they go back to Richardson, I mean, and just the way he sort of handled it publicly, everything about it was bad. But it also says to me that they don't have supreme confidence in Richardson. Whether that's a head coach thing, a general manager thing, and ownership thing. You just wonder, is this guy gonna be looking over his shoulder for the next time he makes a mistake or next time he has a bad game? Are we going to lose Anthony Richardson as a starter again? Some of that might have to do with whoever the backup's going to be in Indianapolis this year, but that makes me heat to lean on this guy as a QB one if he's always going to be on a short leash. Like all the upside, all the talent in the world can be there, but right now, the way things are going, his ceiling is justin fields. I don't even know if it's that at the moment, I guess I guess what. Everything's going well, sure, but now we are relying on him to be an above average runner at quarterback and hoping he can be at least competent as a passer, which so far he hasn't shown us he can be. And that's a little bit too much risk for me to make him a QB one. But as we know, people get stars in their eyes when they see talent and they see rushing ability and they see that upside and and all it takes is one or two people to start kind of a bidding war for Anthony Richardson and start pulling that adp up and then all of a sudden, the price is maybe not where we want it to be. So I am I'm curious, Like right now, I'm very much out on him as a QB one, and I'm willing to just eat it if he somehow makes the leap that everybody hopes. But I can't, I can't. I can't buy in this year. There's just there's there's too much development that still needs to happen for me to buy in. And sadly, sadly, it's gonna it's going to impact everybody. Like now I'm staying away from Michael Pittman. I guess maybe I'm later rounds on Josh Downs. I'm you know, even Jonathan Taylor comes with some question marks, because if Richardson is running and he's scoring those goal line touchdowns, that's taking food off of Jonathan Taylor's play. Like the Colts right now are very much a mystery box to me that I don't really want to.
Speaker 1: Touch boats a boat.
Speaker 3: To your point about them benching him, which again I agree was very dumb and was very vocal on it, but they did it last year in year two, So like that is even more like if he comes out in year three and looks exactly how he did last year, they might pull the plug even quicker, and then they might not go back to him like a lot of the times in this league, when you get benched, you don't you don't get to come back and start again. So it's it's even more risk adding on to him than last season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just sucks for the wide receivers though, you know, like you like Josh downs, you know, for PPR purposes. I mean, look, what are you supposed to do with this project in the quarterback position? And like Dynasty folks, I know they're pulling their hair out trying to figure out what to do with their past catchers. Like I'm not interested in it because when you look at the numbers last year with these wide receivers, Alex Pierce led them in the yards, Josh Down led them in catches, and Pittman led them in targets. They all three of these guys had over eight hundred yards. What are you supposed to do with this when you try to figure out who let them in yards? Huh? Who let them in the yards? Alec Pearce, I think I realize that until right now.
Speaker 3: You guys, remember like week three, I was like, I think Alec Pierce might lead this team in I should have humble bragged that.
Speaker 1: I thought, I'm sure. I pasked him. I mean that minds you?
Speaker 2: Mind you twenty one yards separated, all three of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's real nasty, Like that's why I'm like, you came and an attached Like if you do go Anthony Richardson at QB two, you can't attach them to any of the wide receivers either, because it's not going to be consistent. You're constantly going to be thinking like do I start Pittman this week? Do I start Downs this week? Do I start piercing this league? Like it's going to be real discussing nasty work. So it's a full fade.
Speaker 2: It's just it's they're all three in a situation where they're too good to just completely ignore and leave alone. But they're not good enough that you feel great about starting them every week Like that is the worst.
Speaker 1: They're most likely going to pop off on your bench. Those are the worst type of players where you are sitting there contemplating can I start them this week? And then you don't and they put up like twenty. Then the next week you start them, they put up three, and it's like, know what, I'm done? Like that's when gets me all riled up and want to toss my phone off the balcony.
Speaker 2: Our pal hyphen Colion likes to talk about players as being oatmeal, like they're just good enough, Like they're not great, Like the Colts wide receivers are oatmeal without like the cinnamon and sugar and like, oh god, the raisins and stuff. It's just it's just we just we just pulled it out of the pot, threw it in a bowl and gave it to you like that's it prison food. That really kind of Colts wide receivers are prison food. It feels that way, right, he got them so you can survive. That's it, man, It's just survival, right. We're not We're not enjoying our meal. We just need we just need calories and nutrients. Wow, that's it, all right, We'll take a break, come back. We got more exit interviews to dive into. Plus we will take a look at the championship games for this weekend. That's coming up next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show, continuing along with the exit interviews. The fifteenth pick in the draft belongs to the Atlanta Falcons. They like the Dolphins and Colts were eight and nine.
Speaker 1: What went right?
Speaker 2: B Joan Robinson another great year for him, nearly nineteen hundred strimming yards, sixty one catches, fifteen touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He was the RB. Three.
Speaker 2: Drake London had one hundred catch season over twelve hundred yards and nine touchdowns. He was the wide receiver five. Darnell Mooney, who I think shocked the world a little bit, especially early in the season when he really was starting to break out. But sixty four catches, nine hundred and ninety two yards, five touchdowns, Wide receiver thirty one. Yeah, I know that doesn't necessarily blow you away, but it's Darnell Mooney blows me away, who had no expectations of that whatsoever?
Speaker 1: What went wrong?
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins did not look great in his return from the Achilles injury. Just looked like he was a statue, even more of a statue into the pocket he was. The QB twenty three eventually gave way to Michael Pennox Kyle Pitts tight end fifteen. Like I saw tiny fisty.
Speaker 1: I'm like he was that.
Speaker 2: High, Like he had forty seven catches, six hundred and two yards and four touchdowns a tight end fifteen. So I'm gonna ask you, Florio, because I know we have all You and I have waived the flag. We have carried the banner for him for a long time, but really no one more than you, to the point that it's become a running bit on Fantasy Live.
Speaker 1: Are you officially letting the rope on Kyle Pitts? Yeah, I uh.
Speaker 3: I did so in the middle of this season, after I started including Kyle Pitts as a weekly sit just to be like, hey, justin reminder everyone, like where's there, like this this is not happening, and you pull up his game logs like it happened in the most frustrating way possible. Because even before I said all of that, I went on Fantasy Live and I was like, the breakout has happened. Ninety one yards, four catches to touchdowns. He had twenty five points against the Bucks.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: This was in late October. I was like, look, he's been on a hot streak as of late. He is, this is who he is, this is who he wanted him to be.
Speaker 1: All of that. He topped fifty yards one time from that point on. Uh.
Speaker 3: He he had one, two, three, four, five, six games with fewer than twenty yards in that stretch. So yeah, like he fell behind Darnol Mooney in the pecking order. Cardeneral Hodge was ahead of him in certain games. You got the running backs they're getting right Like it's and I know it's gonna happen. The whole fantasy community is gonna be out on Kyle Pitts and then people are gonna start hyping him up as a late round sleeper. And look if maybe I get sucked into that and they thrown him in some best balls or whatever, but that's all he can be. Like if he gets pulled up any higher than that, I might surprise you guys. As the Bills fan on this show, I think Dalton Kinkaid also belongs in that similar group. Like all hype, we have not seen it yet translate to production on the field, So until we do. My biggest takeaway from the season, guys is I'm not going to start pushing up tight ends like I did in the past few years with those two tight ends, thinking they could be elite until we see them do it, because I've been burned far too many times thinking Okay, this player has the talent, he's going to take that next step, and then it just has not happened.
Speaker 2: I know we're still little way away from talking about the Bills in their offseason, but like when you said daltinkin Kaid, in my head, I was just like, but I could. And I was immediately like, Oh my goodness, I'm gonna Kyle pitts him. I'm going to come up with excuses for why it hasn't happened and why it's going to be better this year. Like literally you were saying that, it's like, but Duncan kid, you can say that he went through the and they had this gid and then I was just like, Oh my goodness, I'm really gonna do this again.
Speaker 1: With another player.
Speaker 2: I reserve the right to still do it with Dalton Kinkaid, but you know, maybe maybe it'll later time.
Speaker 3: For sure, Look if Egles as a late tight end one sure, but like Titan five six, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't keep doing that. I don't think that's gonna happen. I don't see that happening at all with him, for sure. We're talking about Kirk Cousins and the fact that he gave way to Michael Pinnox, which means it's time to see who will deliver. Presented by Uber eats Lakwan again. Michael PINNOCKX finished as a top twelve quarterback next season.
Speaker 1: That's juicy, man. I mean, very very small sample size, top twelve, maybe at twelve. I'll give him that. Maybe right outside that you're just hopeful and excited to draft these skilled players at the Falcons guy. I mean you like the small samples that he saw he can move around in the pocket. I mean Kirk Cousins, he was looking like he had life alert, you know, ready on call. He could not move around, So you're just hopeful for the upside that he can go out there and execute. The one thing you did like though, he was making quicker decisions in the pocket than Kirk, Like Kurt was just holding on to the ball too much and he can't move. So there's a couple of games that if you watch, you know that Pennix was playing. It's the Carolina Panthers one that I watched back yesterday, and it's like he's moving out of pocket so fluent, and he knows where his guys are. So you're just hopeful for that upside that he could deliver, and you know he can air it out. I mean, that's all he was doing in college. He just wanted to go downfield. And you look for guys like Darnel Moody that are going to be cheap this season. That's going to be everywhere on my roster, by the way. So I think Pennix has the ability to deliver to the players that we care about on off keep Jon in the red zone, keep Darnol Mooney down threat, and keep Drake London just as alpha wide receiver that he's shown that he could be this season. So I'm all in for him delivering this season.
Speaker 2: So top twelve right and in no particular order, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow, Jaden Daniels. What is that that's six right there? Let's put in the top twelve. Let's put let's let's put both knicks in the top twelve. Right Holmes, I'm taking Moth Mahomes. I mean, we can still put golf in there, like forget the postseason, regular regular season, Jared Goff.
Speaker 1: We can do that, I want.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I need to make sure I got permission from from La Kwan before we did that, Jared Goof. But I mean, so we're looking at three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine with Mahomes.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't see him fitting because there's other guys.
Speaker 2: Herbo justin Herbert he is in there, Kyler, Kyler's in there. I mean, I think Caleb now with Ben Johnson there makes a strong push to Dak Dak.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's anywhere even close to top twelve. He's outside of it. Like I would say, you right outside. I'll take Drake May over him. I'll take see that that I will probably push back on because we just talked about how that offense isn't exciting. The pieces are better for Pennix. Yes, the pieces are better in Atlanta, for sure. I think May is the better player, But is he going to be in scoring opportunities? You can run more, that's for sure too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get that rushing up sidea Yeah, yeah, that's gonna be an interesting argument. I think this offseason Pennicks may Penundrum. We can we can definitely check back in.
Speaker 3: Oh, Brock Purdy, I'm taking over him, probably taking Jordan Love over him.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, okay, look on because you talked about two or two or Pinnix.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're both very similar. I'll take I'll take. Let's let's injury.
Speaker 3: What about your boy, Bryce Young, Joe, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: O, Bryce Young, here's one for you guys. C J. Stroud, No, no, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I think I may take Pinis because the weapons, the weapons are similar.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, healthier. Yeah, I don't know. I just you said that.
Speaker 2: But Pinix had a couple of major injuries in college too, though, so he just didn't get hurt in the NFL.
Speaker 1: The more we talk about it, the more I'm like, QB feels thinner than ever. Yeah, it's weird, Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Because like we're going to dive into this, you guys, like I know we're gonna do a whole episode on it or something like that, but like as awesome as like Baker was, or like Jared Goff or Herbert what Purty, even like I don't feel one hundred confident like this is my starter every single week.
Speaker 1: Why I think I'm taking a top five quarterback next year.
Speaker 2: It's starting to be like a lot of other Like you see it at running back, you definitely see it at tight end where the guys at the top are so much better, where you have a clear group of elites at the top, and then you start getting in that second or third tier and it becomes a little more interchangeable. And I think that's where we are with quarterbacks, where you've got your big four, big five, what or however you want to slice it up, and then after that it's like right when I were playing Mix and Match weekly, and that's sort of what it is.
Speaker 1: I think Jayden Daniels will be pulled up for sure here in August, so it's like absolutely, I'll pay. I'll pay for him in the first three rounds. I mean I'll do that in the third round with the Josh Allens and the Lamar Jackson's or whatever the case may be, whichever one is cheapest for me, that's who I'll have the most. Though here you go, I just realized that that's the way we have to approach the season because.
Speaker 3: It might be Jalen Hurts that ends up being the cheapest of the top five, because I feel like everyone hates Jalen Hurts and just like.
Speaker 2: I'm just so inconsistent, you know, like that's just what it is. And like if the tush push ever goes away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which it's not, why would it, I mean, why.
Speaker 2: You're right, except they've got a monster behind him in the backfield that could take away that. I mean, we keep saying that with Josh Allen too, like they're gonna stop using him as their goal line back. And then Josh is like he's like the meme of Ralph William crashing through the window, just.
Speaker 3: Like using Mark Andrews Man Like this toos push play is not going away.
Speaker 1: Like it's true, it's just the beginning. It's just the beginning.
Speaker 3: But my fear is more teams doing that having a non quarterback running.
Speaker 1: That's the worst.
Speaker 2: Actually, the tastes of no effect, you know, and then all of a sudden, everybody's really mad about things for sure. Uh. That was Who Delivered, presented by Uber Eats, where you can get the best deals on game day food all season long, the official on man Delivery partner of the NFL Order. Now, before we switch over to the Cardinals, I do have one last thing on the Falcons because you guys know, my thing this year is I don't want to draft Saquon Barkley in the first round. That's my hottest hot take so far this offseason. Bejeon to my RB one. That's my proclamation.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's stamp it in January.
Speaker 3: I think he's the RB one, and as well, Marcus. I think his only competition is Jamier Gibbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still think.
Speaker 2: I just think even as good as Jamior Gibbs is, I think the presidence of David Montgomery makes that a little hard.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not that not that he's bad or anything like that. Just David Montgomery still draws breath on this planet and gets a paycheck from the Detroit Lions, and that's going to make things difficult there.
Speaker 1: It is pick number.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, Beloves in the Arizona Cardinals. They were also eight and nine. What went right train McBride one hundred and eleven catches over eleven hundred scrimmage ar or eleven hundred receiving yards I should say two whole touchdowns. We had to wait pretty much all year for that to happen, but it happened. I got those two touchdowns. He was the tight end to James Connor. Continues to be underrated. He's one of those guys that I think we take for granted. Fifteen hundred scrimmage yards, nine touchdowns, forty seven catches. He was the RB eleven. I think I said this before, I have Trey McBride as my tight end one. I think I think he finishes as the tight end one next year. There's a pretty compact race between Bowers and McBride and George Kittle. You know, I think Bowers continues to be okay. He doesn't have a Sam Laporter like fall off. I'm stamping Trey McBride is the guy who'd finish as the tight end one. I may not be able to draft him depending on where his ADP is, but I think he's the guy. I think he's the guy who finishes as the top tight end.
Speaker 1: It's him or Bowers. Yeah, I think so. Jonah Smith, Jonah Smith, No, I'm not going to do that here.
Speaker 3: No are dolphins Dolphin's green if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get no, get that seal going nah Man. Yeah, I don't think that's gonna be a good look for you.
Speaker 1: I don't think so what went wrong?
Speaker 2: Kyler Murray, who's a lot of people's picked to click this year. Thirty eight hundred passing yards, twenty one touchdowns, eleven interceptions, five hundred and seventy two rushing yards, five tds. He was a QB ten, which again that's another one that I was like, really used QB ten Like it just didn't feel it didn't feel like that.
Speaker 1: But it was back to our points, yeah, back right now. Its just it didn't feel that way.
Speaker 2: Marvin Harrison, who was in the running for maybe Bust of the Year candidates, sixty two catches, eight hundred and eighty five yards, eight touchdowns, wide receiver thirty and then one that is just personal to this show. Greg Dors didn't work guys, So like you were you were spot on with John who you were way off like Greg Dorts.
Speaker 4: I hate the Cardinals for this, Like I really look at the bad organization for this because you watch him play and like I get so fussed watching him make the plays that he makes and he's done it in the past, and it's like, why are you not putting him on the field.
Speaker 1: Like I understand you guys don't run wide receiver like three wide receiver sets all the time. But then you look at his production when he is given the opportunity, a higher target bur route rate than Michael Wilson, he has more touchdowns than Trey McBride, Yes, Trey McBride. That sounds crazy, and it's like, how does this happen? Why is he not on the field. And it's like he had a higher separation rate than Michael Wilson, So he's obviously earning the targets getting open for Kyler Murray and they have the chemistry together. Why is he not on the field.
Speaker 2: So I'll ask you this, Then two two out well that hit free agency. Would you mind if the Rams moved on from two two and maybe signed free agent Greg Dortch in the offseason.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's spent some time with us and passed for a little whit don drafted freident Dry wouldn't mind that. Actually the quin is doing those supervillain hand rub right.
Speaker 3: Now, give him those ninety Wandell Robinson catches. I bet you he turns into more than six hundred yards.
Speaker 1: And he had the volume that ydo head, Oh my god, he'll be a top ten wide receiver. I believe that one hundred percent if he had the volume.
Speaker 2: But if he has the volume that Wandale Robinson had, something's gone wrong in the Rams offense.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, something has gone wrong in so Floria.
Speaker 2: Marvin Harrison Junior was how do I put this? Was he a bust that he underperformed? Or was he a victim of our lofty expectations?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think it was. I think it's all three because.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just us fantasy people hyping this guy up as the best wide receiver of a generation and everything, and he wasn't even a top two wide receiver in his class as a rookie. And it wasn't just stats wise, Like go watch Marvin Harrison Junior's tape, Go watch the league neighbors, Go watch Lad McConkie, Go watch Brian Thomas Junior. You might rank Marvin Harrison, fourth of that bunch, just watching what they did this year. But I also don't think it's all on him. Kyler Murray, outside of that one year with prime DeAndre Hopkins, has not really done a great job in his career of elevating wide receivers. And I was very bullish on Marvin Harrison Junior because I was like, Okay, Kyler has that de hop type again, and at times you saw it.
Speaker 1: But like, let's go back to his biggest game of the year. I would think it was Week three against the Rams. It was two broken.
Speaker 3: Plays that he caught deep where he burned Trey White, who got burned in the last week as well. But like we hold that against Quinton Johnson, no one was saying a peep against it when it was Marvin Harrison junior, you know, so like I was, I think. But also it all always comes down to expectation. That's why Kyler Murray goes into What's Went Wrong two because he was being drafted as like QUB five, QB six, but as a whole, like this is a really solid rookie year for any wide receiver what Harrison did, But because of the expectations that we had for him and the expectations that the whole world had for him.
Speaker 1: It was probably a letdown.
Speaker 2: I mean, the thing that sticks with me is early in the season, Kyler Murray saying like it's not my job to get Marvin Harrison targets, and universally everybody like, that's exactly your job, Like that is that is number one in the job description to target the wide receivers, especially the high draft pick guys. I think we just have to understand at this point that that there's a ceiling on Kyler. Like like, I think we have seen the best of Kyler Murray, right, I think what we saw.
Speaker 1: Early in his career.
Speaker 2: You know that that twenty nineteen twenty twenty season, that twenty twenty season, right, he ran for over eight hundred yards. He hasn't come close to it since then. I think that was the year he also had a career high in passing yards, He had a career high and touchdown pas is. He just hasn't really come close to that. Some of it has been injuries, some of it's just that I just think we've seen the best of Kyler, and I think we just sort of have to adjust accordingly. When it comes to looking at the pass catchers, whether that's Harrison McBride, whoever else is going to be there, right. I mean, I know Florida, you loved Michael Wilson as a sleeper this year.
Speaker 1: You know, we talked about Greg Dortch.
Speaker 2: I just think that all these guys now we have to lower our expectations just because the quarterback is not going to deliver the ball the way that we want him to.
Speaker 3: To your point, I think this year really drove that point home because for years we were like, oh, it's Cliff Kingsbury's fault. Then the last two years Kyler wasn't healthy, didn't play a full year either year as he was rehabbing from the town acl and stuff.
Speaker 1: But this year he was fully healthy.
Speaker 3: Cliff Kingsbury got the most, the literally the greatest rookie season ever out of his quarterback and then the whole narrative, and this was something that was being driven in the middle of the year when the Anders had that two game skid, was like the late season slip off from click Cliff Cliff Cliff Kingsbury his offenses are out here doing their thing. Going to the NFC Championship Game, the Cardinals free falled and blew their division. Like at some point, this free fall that they go on yearly is on the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean it really truly is.
Speaker 3: And I want Kyler so badly to be good. I love short Kings, Yes, and.
Speaker 2: If we support them here, yeah no, I mean I just think Kyler is who he is now. I think I think after this past year because so many people were big on him and he was just mah like, don't. I don't see that same ground swallow support coming for Kyler this offseason at all.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: We have fixed thirteen through sixteen in the books. Next week we will proceed with seventeen through twenty. I'm trying to do math in my head. Seventeen through twenties we'll have coming up next Tuesday. In the meantime, take another break, we'll come back and we will preview Championship Weekend. Should be a whole lot of fun. That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. So there are four teams left, three games remaining left in this NFL season. Championship Weekend kicks off on Sunday. It begins on the NFC side with Washington at Philadelphia. These two teams split the regular season meetings, so here it is the rubber match, the deciding game, with the winner moving on to the Super Bowl. Some of the side notes. I think I mentioned this on Tuesday Show. It's a matchup of former Cowboy coordinators, with Dan Quid as the head coach of the Commanders and Kellen Moore as the OC of the Eagles. Kwan sae Quon obviously a huge difference in that game last week against the Rams, A couple of long touchdown runs in that ballgame. He's been phenomenal all year long. Can the Commanders slow him down? And is that really the key? I mean, is stopping Barkley the key to winning that game?
Speaker 1: No, really, I don't think they could slow him down. You kind of just have to let him do his thing, but try to keep him out of the end zone. I mean, obviously, you know, I feel as though my ways as a Rams frand that we could have won that game without the weather. But it's like, I think we still could have won that game even with Saquon hitting two hundred. It's more so containing Jalen hurts, but we're worried about his health now. It's more so containing aj Brown. The Vonte Smith and Dallas godd are showing up on the back end of the season since returning back from the injury, being a reliable target as well. So they got many headaches to worry about to not just focus on Saquon Barklay. There's no stopping him. Like it's clear that he is the best running back in the world right now. So it's like, focus on the entire game plan, don't just hone in on Saquon Barklay. And I think that's what the Rams did because at times they were like, if AJ Brown didn't drop those two balls, I mean they're up two touchdowns. I'm selling out.
Speaker 2: So the thing that that kind of pomps out at me is that, And like, I get your point, right, because they have so many weapons there in Philadelphia. Now, minds you, Jalen Hurts a little bit banged up. He is expected to do a walk through ahead of the championship games. He's dealing with a bit of a knee injury right now. But you talk about trying to slow down everything, and I don't remember who it was that said this, but it's like, you know, when you prepare for everything, you really prepare for nothing, right, Like you are spread so thin, your resources are spread everywhere that you're trying to kind of guard everything that you end up sort.
Speaker 1: Of getting beat by everything. All at the same time.
Speaker 3: I would attack with a similar approach that the Bills attacked the Ravens with this past week. You sell out to stop the run. Saquon Barkley in two games this year against the Commanders had three hundred and fifty yards and four touchdowns, Like, you're not winning if he has another game like that this week. And then you add on the fact that Hurts has struggled this year under pressure, You add on the fact that their passing attack hasn't really been what it's been, and.
Speaker 1: Now he's hurt so he can't scramble and extend those plays.
Speaker 3: So potentially I'm they can to see if that knee is healthy, and I'm I'm stacking the box. I'm throwing everything i can upfront to try to put pressure on Hurts, try to take slow Saquon down. You're not gonna stop him, but you can't let him go for two hundred against you, where you got no chance in my opinion.
Speaker 2: All right, So on the one side, stopping se Kwon seems to be a key for the Commanders, Florio, Is it as simple for the Eagles as stop Jayden d Not that stopping Jayden Daniels has been simple, but is it as simple as saying, stop Jayden Daniels and you can beat the Commanders. Yes, because Jayden has already done.
Speaker 3: Like I tweeted it out today, our research packet is put in all the different ways that Jayden has already set history, led their team right in passing yards and rushing yards in the regular season, has already done so in a playoff game.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, you watch.
Speaker 3: Him pick apart defenses each of these last two weeks like he is going through his progressives perfectly and everything. So yeah, you need to make him as uncomfortable as possible, get as much pressure on him as possible, and really, dare anyone else to him? And Terry are the two players that you're like, if we could contain these two guys and they have just an average game by their standards, we should win this game and the Eagles. This surprised me too yesterday while I was doing some prep on it. In the game that they won, they did not blitz him much at all. Thirteen percent blitz sacked him three times. Daniels had one touchdown and one interception. But in week sixteen, they blitzed him thirty six percent of the time. He finished with five touchdowns and was only sacked one time. Ran wild on them and all of that. So very curious because you can't blitz them. So what are you gonna try to take running lanes away? I'm happy I am not the DC that he trying to figure this out.
Speaker 1: It's going to be very difficult.
Speaker 2: I mean, we saw that last week, right, Aaron Glenn tried the blitz and he got picked apart when they sat back and played coverage and then Daniels just took off and ran through them. I'm you know, So I'm sure that you know they are studying. The Phillies obviously got two games worth the tape already on him, you know. I'm sure they're watching what happened last week to see his improvement. So yeah, it's gonna be tough to kind of figure out how to approach this thing for sure with Jayden Daniels. Meanwhile, Buffalo in Kansas City, Floria, you are the expert on this. You have watched you guys to talk first, Hikwan, what does Buffalo? What does Buffalo need to do to finally beat the Chiefs in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Buffalo needs to play the same way that they played against the Ravens. I mean, honestly, there is a way that they could beat Patrick Mahomes. And I was speaking on it with the Texans when they're going up, you got to get in his face, you got to keep the pressure on. So the Bills just need to find a way to get Mahomes off his game. But there is some things that you just cannot stop Mahomes from doing, and that's that Mahomes magic. I'm talking about the diving almost hitting the ground, throw the Travis Kelcey for the end up. There's nothing you could do. They were getting pressure to him, they were getting his face, making them uncomfortable. He's still going out there doing the magic things. So the Bills just need to stay consistent in their game. Josh Allen needs to bring what is it the snowplow like, he needs to keep going as the lead rusher, and then James Cook needs to continue on cooking. I mean, the game plan is very simple. I honestly think you guys can pull it out, Florio, I.
Speaker 2: Honestly think it's as simple as sevens and not threes, right, just moving the football when you get in the red zone, sevens and not threes, because it's.
Speaker 1: Inevitable even early.
Speaker 2: Right, you drive down the field, you stall out at like the twelve, and you kick the field goal, and you know that ends up being the difference at some point in the game, because even if the Chiefs don't score on every possession, they will score touchdowns on enough of them to put pressure on you. And I think, you know, everything the Bills have done, I think continues to work. It's just when you get close, you got to punch it in the end zone and force force Mahomes and the Chiefs offense to match you seven for seven the entire way.
Speaker 1: So, Floria, the floor is yours.
Speaker 3: So my thoughts is this game comes down to the Bills defense in Josh Allen. In the four games they've beat them in the regular season, the Bills have averaged twenty eight points per game. In the three games they have lost in the playoffs to the Chiefs, the Bills have averaged twenty eight points per game. The difference is Mahomes against the Bills in the regular season has averaged us than twenty one points per game. In the playoffs, it's thirty six. Like they're not gonna bring five every time like they were against Baltimore. I don't think you need to sell out to stuff the run because this Kansas City rushing attack is pretty brutal, and they don't have that breakaway runner anymore that could really gash you. I think you used the Milano and Bernard as spies against Mahomes, so he's not beating you with his legs. I think you put Toron Johnson on Travis Kelcey a lot. Hopefully Benford could play, he could be unworthy. I think this is the best the Bills defense has matched up with the Chiefs of any of these playoff matchups. It's just a matter of execution and turnovers are going to decide this game. I think I trust the offense so much. I think they'll be able to run. I know the Chiefs have been great against the run, so were the Ravens, so were the Broncos.
Speaker 1: This Bill's O line is different.
Speaker 3: Fewest Sackson turnovers ever, Like they're playing such clean football right now. On offense, and the Chiefs when they don't blitz, they don't generate pressure. But Josh Allen has been elite against the blitz this year, so you kind of need to pick your poison. Are we gonna try to blitz him? It did work for them in week eleven and let him be that, like that's the strength for him. Or do we not blitz and just give him all day to kind of try to pick us apart with his arm? But guys, this is where I'm at in this game. I want the Bills watching episodes three and four of the Last Dance all week long, because.
Speaker 1: That is what this is to me. Like Jordan and the Bulls were getting bullied by the.
Speaker 3: Pistons years and then that fourth year it was like we are.
Speaker 1: Better than them.
Speaker 3: We are better on paper, and I think the Bills ross there's way better than the Chiefs roster, but like that mental thing, can they get over the home I think I think the Bills win by two scores in this game.
Speaker 1: Let's go Wow.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm guessing if we search the the NFL directory, you could probably find an email address for Sean McDermott, So maybe you should just save him out there, right, Like, just go through your email and just hit the directory look for McDermott. You can, I'm sure you can find it and send him your your suggestion on what they should watch heading into this game.
Speaker 3: So I'll say this, if the game is close, the Chiefs are gonna win. I think like they just have that mindset.
Speaker 1: They pull it.
Speaker 3: They're so elite situationally, But have you guys looked at the Chiefs schedule this year outside of the Week one win against the Ravens, They're not that battle tested, Like they haven't played any other elite team. They've had a very easy skin. Look, I could eat Crow easily. But in the past I've been like, the chief should be favorites, this could be the year and stuff. But this is the first time that I look at it and I'm like, the Bills are the.
Speaker 2: Better team here well, And I think I think when you look at their schedule, I was like this it's one that I think at the start of the season looked tougher that it turned out to be. But the teams they played were not playing well at the time.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They got the Bengals early when they were struggling, you know, they got the Falcons, who are still figuring things out. The Chargers were met, the Saints ended up being a dumpster fire, The Niners were beat up, the Raiders, the Bucks.
Speaker 1: The Broncos are still five.
Speaker 2: I mean that was their first nine games, right, they were nine to zero before they ran up on the Bills. Even the back Panthers, Raiders, Chargers, Browns, text and so you're right, it's a schedule that at the start of the season, if you looked at it in August, you're like, this, this might be kind of interesting. And then as the season played out it ended up not being particularly great. But you know, as they say, you can only play who's in front of you, so that that part is what it is.
Speaker 3: Who do you We haven't made our picks. I said, who I think is gonna win?
Speaker 1: No, that's what I was gonna both. Look here, you've already said who you think is gonna win the Bills game?
Speaker 2: So finish it out. Who in Super Bowl fifty nine? You should just start calling it the Florio Bowl. I think because it's my two favorite quarterbacks in the league. It's it's Josh h.
Speaker 1: Shaden all right, all right? Who you got the La Quad? I'm on that too, Man, I need a commander in there, man. Wow, make it unanimous.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to get the rematch, the rematch of Super Bowl twenty six when Washington beat Buffalo thirty seven twenty four behind Mark Rippins touchdown passes.
Speaker 1: Jim Kelly had a rough day that day.
Speaker 2: Two touchdowns, four picks in that one'll running back, running back.
Speaker 1: We go all the way back to nineteen January nineteen ninety two. Hey, I was there.
Speaker 3: I was on Earth Fellas. I am Spencer Brown on Sunday. This is what he said. He said, if they beat the Chiefs, it's going to be a super celebration party, or it's going to be me in a twenty four pack by myself.
Speaker 1: There it is, there, it is.
Speaker 2: Side note Back in nineteen eighty the Super Bowl was played on January twenty sixth, which basically would have been just a few days from now. So wow, Yeah, that's how much things have changed.
Speaker 1: In thirty three years. For sure. There you go.
Speaker 2: We will be back next Tuesday to recap what happened in the championship games. Will bentind you more of our exit interviews as well. I should be a fun weekend, looking forward to checking out all the football there so anyway that will do it. For this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, the Happy, Safe and Healthy, do good and live well, enjoy the games this week and everybody, and we will talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: All got wa