Speaker 1: South By.
Speaker 2: You're when you hear how funny this ship's gonna be bro.
Speaker 1: Forget it. We have yet to make our pilgrimage to the comedy Mothership, where I wonder where that is. I don't want to go, man, just like you know, we work in comedy. We got it. That's like like fucking Graceland for us. I'm pretty sure all lead to the mothership. Just follow any road. You're gonna stand up at that.
Speaker 2: Mother If you're on it, they'll just roll down like.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: It'll pull you in. Yeah, I know, maybe we should go with Jamie.
Speaker 1: That would actually be incredible.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could subject me her, you or anyone, or even the subsequent story. I would have to I guess it depends on who's there.
Speaker 1: Who's at the mother ship tonight? I mean about the ship south By Southwest is bonkers. It's just such a weird, like just all these people walking around with pink lanyards with just hungry eyes looking to So the pink lanyards, Brian, are the ones that are for the interactive and so it's all just like online marketing people just like looking around with hungry eyes looking to make connections. Dude, kill Tony tonight. Well guess what. Guess what we're We're not going to be able to get tickets to that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Nope, that ship was sold out. This it was sold out on Inauguration Day. Man, I mean, but what if you walk up and you tell them that you guys are podcast series? Hey, man, I get I'm a podcaster. What percentage of the male population in the city of Austin, Texas do you think has podcasts? Probably like eighty seven percent. I don't know, there's some pretty normal people.
Speaker 2: It's just hard because it's ever We're just surrounded by podcast like people just descend on, like you know, on Austin from.
Speaker 1: Like the digital media world. Right now, there was two people sitting at like the most crowded hotel bar that I've ever seen, recording a podcast like with like mics on the table. I was like, how is that? Are you just getting a room scene for like a bar scene? Was this here? Yeah? Yeah? This was like the first day when we got podcasts. Verity check there.
Speaker 2: Is because you can't hear ship that any dishes clanging against each other, and then the like occasional word like buzzword like synergy get dropped.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, yeah, you can hear that. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of dirnal Guy. Yeah. There's a production by our radio.
Speaker 2: It's a podcast we take a deep dive into America, share contuness, and this is the one where we tell you what was trending over the weekend, was trending this morning, and we let you get to.
Speaker 1: Know us a little bit better by telling you some things.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you're welcome for letting you do that, telling you some things we think is overrated, underrated. I am Jack O'Brien, and that over there is my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Come on, we're here in Austin's. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're on the road, just on the road from two separates.
Speaker 1: The sickest uh, the sickest ballad about how hard life is on the road. It's on the road, dude.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: Everybody keeps giving me weird looks because I got long hair and shit, man, it's because of the Confederate flag bandit king. You know, I'm like, I'm kind of like a rocket man. I feel like in a way, like I'm just like out here in space. I missed my wife, I miss my key eels. Is that some shit he says in Rocket Man In fact, as cold as hell. The the everybody's looking at me because I have long hair is turned the page. There's a whole genre of like really like you know, sad rock songs about how hard it is to be the loneliness of road life. Just a couple of road dogs out here miles at south By Southwest, weird place, trying to make some weird energy, Yeah, trying to make sense of we haven't really seen any the area that we're staying and doesn't have like I think last year when we were down here, we talked about the fact that there were like these you know, it's mainly like a marketing an online marketing event, and last year there was like tide house, like Tied brand detergent had taken over a house.
Speaker 2: I mean, to be fair, we've barely left the hotel because we are laying down sleeping most of the day.
Speaker 1: It's nice just indulging in the luxury of.
Speaker 2: Like a quiet room and then being like, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To walk outside. It's windy. It's it is windy as hell down there. I gotta say, man to tough times for those of us with combvers you know, mm hmm, and little two pays just blown right off a little two pages, blew the hell off. Let's let the people get to know us a little bit better, tell them something we think is underrated, overrated? You want to kick us off with an underrated underrated?
Speaker 2: Oh man, just how shook the Dems really are right now? I think it's like there's a lot of talk of like what's gonna what's the next move or whatever, but the fear that is just coursing through this party, I think it is actually really underrated. And because they're trying to talk about like there's to do new things in appeal to voters, I'm like, no, these people are shook. They don't know what to do, and they're revealing they're just taking the masks off in the most obvious ways. So again, they've been actively shitting the bed for some time now, and they know they don't.
Speaker 1: Know what to do.
Speaker 2: That's why you see, like I see those things like those leaks of the Third Way kind of retreat talking points coming out as a way to sort of see how the like the real power struggle is going to be from like centrist trying to insist that they just have to appeal to independent voters and Republicans to kind of get this thing back on track.
Speaker 1: And then they don't because they don't want.
Speaker 2: It to be the people who are like, we need small dollar donors and not open oligarchy. But again, in this scrambling to appeal to voters, they're also revealing that they never believed in a fucking thing they have said, Like, for example, Gavin Newsom's new podcast where he's now just and just all his comments and now he's just like throwing trans people under the bus now and yucking it up with Charlie Kirk on his podcast.
Speaker 1: I think your smack is so fresh, Charlie, dude, that.
Speaker 2: That stuff that's smack that you talk, Dude, I'm so jive. I can just see it in your stance out there. Man, you're crouched over, you're angry.
Speaker 1: It's just like.
Speaker 2: And Cook the way he's starting Charlie Cook is like the problem Charlie Cook is saying the probably Democrats is they can't go on a podcast because they can't do the long form content. Podcasts are just way too intense. They require authenticity. It's too masculine and Democrats aren't able to hang with that. Wow, Like, yeah, that's true, man, that's exactly and you're like, what are you fucking doing? But again, I think it also reveals how quick he is to just backpedal on marginalized community shows. It's not that they ever cared, it's just that they just know. The Democrats are more the party of like saying the right things at the right time, but still sort of hiding that much better than Republicans are. Then. Also, like Hakeem Jeffries admonished other Democrats that were disruptive during Trump's address, saying, he's like, you're making it about You're making it about you and not Trump.
Speaker 1: Very frightening to hear this. Yeah, leadership would have had that conversation ahead of time and then figured out a strategy that would work, because they what they did did not work. He's not wrong about that, but I feel like, uh, I don't know that that's your job. It is to get everybody on board with something that makes sense and suggests that you guys aren't with this ship.
Speaker 2: Guys, duck and cover. That's what we're doing. Yay, everyone, duck and cover. And if you don't do it, then oh it's gonna look warky. But again, the authenticity thing, I'm seeing a lot of headlines about authenticity this weekend and DEM's struggle with it. I just think the difference is that Republicans are fine embracing their backwards views in public, like.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing that's Democrats hide them. Yet they have to spend.
Speaker 2: Time hiding it until they emerge, like those views are emerging, how they legislate and the causes they get behind, and then you're like, wait, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: So anyway they're shook. Yeah, they're gonna have to like kill the current version of the Democratic Party, and it's not going to go easily, you know, and they're certainly wants to do it, but yeah, yeah, it will have to be a like you know, Trump in twenty sixteen, Bernie in twenty sixteen, level like okay, just nobody is like all the energy is elsewhere. In the past, they have responded to that by being like, and we still don't give a fuck. We're going to like force it in this direction. And that's because that is what they are a machine for, you know, turning things centrist, and the centrists just shit the bed like so evidently it is like the thing, the only thing that all of Americans are united against right now is like that that shit doesn't work, the like neoliberalism doesn't work. But the Party is that thing in its current iteration. So they're going that thing is going to have to die for in some way for them to have a future.
Speaker 2: But they're just they're just so vulnerable to some other option acting as a release valve for people's frustrations because it's not happening with them. And I think that's the thing they're trying to figure out before that option presents itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, speaking of yeah or oh yeah, the theo vonn ad lib that's his that's his podcaster ad lib or so we we had to look at that THEO von interview for a thing we're doing another thing we're doing, and I just I think, so I know, it's all old news interview that he did with Trump.
Speaker 2: This is so funny. You don't even like, we don't even watch this show. It's this is just.
Speaker 1: One clip keeps sparking on interviewed Trump and talk to him about cocaine and it the thing like I got distracted by and this these two things are really funny. But the she'll have you like an al homie be out there like your own dang porch light out there, which are great moments. But the thing that I had underrated is that he's also doing like inside Baseball cocaine user talk. Yeah, Trump, he's like talking about He's like, yeah, man, I don't know what they're putting in American cocaine back then, like I guess a few years back, but it have like a almost had a rattle in it, like made you feel like a damn mechanic sort of thing you would only talk about on a podcast like Cocaine Talk, like yeah, right right by, and for people who do a lot of cocaine and if you don't know what the fuck they're talking about, yeah, like a cocaine somalier. Like it's like the sort of shit that he was talking to a future president Donald Trump about having feeling like a damn mechandamn mechanic.
Speaker 2: What stupid fucking theo Dude, This guy is so stupid that like he says stuff like this and then also becomes a useful like putin idiot like yeah, yeah, like last week he was tweeting shit, It's like, hey, we'll never know the truth about what happened in Ukraine. When someone's talking about how Russia invaded Ukraine and they're like, dude, you cannot be this uncritical, like lack this kind of critical thinking.
Speaker 1: He deleted it, poor guy. And then he deleted it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like feeling like a mechanic man about it. All right, Miles, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Expensive tacos and room service breakfast? Guess what I have eight in the last twenty four hours. I just again, every time I see tacos, and this goes for ramen too. These are like affordable, working people foods in the countries that they come.
Speaker 1: These are not like.
Speaker 2: We're going out fancy for ramen or something like that. They're like it's meant to just be a thing that it's affordable, accessible, And I think we're hitting that like stride of like overpriced artisanal type tacos, like not the simple shit like stuff where they can get away with charging you a ton because they're like giving like proper noun name, ingredients and everything and saying with like ramen, I feel like that too. So I just feel like that's a bubble as the economy continues to go in the direction it is. It's like, I don't know if I need to pay twenty dollars for a bowl of ramen, or you know, eight dollars for one taco, ten dollars for one in some instances, you.
Speaker 1: Know it's good. Then if you're not paying twenty dollars, you know, like that's only that's yeah, yeah, no, that's true. That's true. You should do that or when cost twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, I've got some I've got some artisanal pencil shavings to sell you too that you're gonna love.
Speaker 1: The flavors are fantastic.
Speaker 2: Tell the chef, and then the other thing. Room service breakfast. I'm sorry to iHeart because you guys are footing the bill for this because we're out here in a work trip. But dude, the idea I think of room service breakfast sounds so much better than what actually you actually get it and stay you're in. It's like again, it's it's really it's mediocre at best, but in your mind you're like, yeah, and I'll be like Kevin McAllister and home alone, I'll.
Speaker 1: Wear a bathrobe and all you did in the bed.
Speaker 2: No, I'm like stressed out, like writing for the show or this other event that we're doing, and I'm just like my sages, my sausages a cold, And then that's even fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the idea of it so much is the one that like I feel like the food that travels, the meal that travels the worst, right, Like it's just there's there's not really a version of most breakfast food that's gonna hold for more than like five minutes.
Speaker 2: No, especially like you think of like a sunny side up egg, the thin ass whites of the egg. Those things are like ice gel packs by the time they get to you. And that's on me, Like I should just take my ass down to a restaurant so I can just go have it passed directly to me. And also I know, just talking to the people that are working at the hotel, they're like it's a fucking hell right now, Like everyone is screaming about how they're not getting ship in time, like we're at like capacity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the service workers god less. Yeah, it's a it's a it's a I'm talking about the conto.
Speaker 2: Having to Yeah, I was at a restaurant yesterday where we were talking to the waiter and they were like that yesterday was like the busiest day we've ever had.
Speaker 1: Fucking nightmare. We're hanging We're hanging in there, all right. Another hotel based overrated. This, I'm gonna say overrated. The way we watch media now, the a la carte menu way that we watch media, where you have to choose what you're gonna watch. You gotta start it at the beginning, finish it, or you know, like you gotta figure it out that there's just just linearly. Yeah. So I've had a couple nights of being like, I don't know, too tired to connect my hotel TV to my Netflix account. And also the remote doesn't really work in my room. It's like the only thing it's like mostly out of batteries. You ever ever remote is mostly out of batteries, and so like the only it like loses most of the functions and it can just do like squeeze it really hard. Got hard. The only thing you can do is like channel up, channel down basically and volume up, volume down, Like even turning the power on and off takes like and.
Speaker 2: Jack, you famously will not advocate for yourself and ask for a new remote to help me, Like, ah, I'll make this work.
Speaker 1: They're busy and so near the top of you know, the hotel TV. Like when it turns off, it turns back on and it's at like a channel a thousand. Numbing loop video. Yeah, this is my numbing loop video. Is just an ad for like like some marketing things. Yeah, it's so weird.
Speaker 2: This person real estate right now? Yeah, yeah, because usually it's Mario Lopez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usually it's Mario Lopez tell me about all the fun movies that I can order in my room. He really talks about the porn a lot. Yeah no, but dude right out here that it is just a whole run of like all the hbos and cinemaxes. And I've just been like watching what's on man, you know, just old school, like this is how this is. I would just when I was in high school school, I just had Comedy Central on and I would just let it ride. Oh yeah, you know, it was just whatever movie Comedy Central decided to show me. I would catch a half hour of that movie here and there. I caught forty five minutes of Speed, the first forty five old Speed the other day, which I was like, wow, like really not the part you remember where it's like a it's it's not a bus movie yet, it's an elevator movie, but it's fucking rips man. And and then I got to the bus part where the population of people riding buses in la are like an elderly couple, a tourist Sandra Bullock, who, by the way, also like the amount of smoking that because I'm catching a lot of like older I also watched the end of Scream three night everybody's just ripping butts. It's amazing. Cydra Bullock's character in Speed like runs up to the bus just like smoking a cigarette for no reason. Right, Yeah, it's just like completely out of line with her, but it just like gives the I think it gives the actor a little business to do. Anyways, all all the people on the bus in Speed would have in reality just been people with suspended licenses from DUIs two actually writes buses in l A. Yeah, I don't know, man. I caught end of Scream three, not great, but I'm sure I would have appreciated more if I caught the first half hour. Then I caught the first half hour of Final Destination two. The log truck, I don't know. It's just nice to not have to make a decision, and it also is bad for time, Like you just lose a half hour, you know, is it real really easy when you when it's like such a passive medium, you were just you just lose time because it's just like you get pulled into some shit. Whereas like if you're having to like make choices about like playing pausing, I don't know, there's something about it that's been nice and soothing, very inefficient, but who the fuck needs efficiency. I'm advocating for people going out and lifting heavy rocks, you know. That's what I think we should be doing. Watching movies in fifteen minute increments, you catch you kind of get the gist, But then I don't know, I've never seen the rest of Final Destination too.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe in the direction I had, I was not expecting. People are just talking about the log truck scene anyway, dude, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, that scene. It's wild. Anyways, those are some things we think are overrated and underrated. We are going to take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the news. We'll be right back and we're back, and you know, we talked about the Democrats not being able to get their shit together. The Republicans are also starting to show little little cracks, little fissures. Yeah, I mean they were fighting.
Speaker 2: This was never a solid thing, and we're like, when's the infighting gonna start in the cabinet? And now we're getting we're starting to get the real reports of the fucking car ride to Disney World and the family full and the family station wagon. That is the Trump administration. Silence, Yeah, but also a lot of fighting. So look, aside from total chaos, I think the one thing that's also a certainty in any Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Is bitter infighting.
Speaker 2: And the thing about getting a bunch of power hungry maniacs together is that none of them will ever be powerful enough for their own liking, and it then thus creating a bit of finger pointing and anger. So Elon Musk has basically been dictating, as we all know, like pretty much all the business of the government. But all the boot liquors that got in line for Trump are now starting to get pissed that Mark Musk is getting all the attention while also basically telling them what to do at their own fucking agencies in terms of firing people So the New York Times asked some reporting about just how shit blew up at a cabinet meeting, you know, between like Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy, you know, the guy in charge of the plane crashes not happening, and Marco Rubio. How they were particularly pissed with Musk in this meeting. Apparently, like Musk started coming at Rubio for not firing enough people, and then Rubio's response was like, well, I got fifteen people to take an early retirement.
Speaker 1: That should count.
Speaker 2: And then this this is their description of this back and forth, and then Rubio asked, didn't they count as layoffs? He asked, sarcastically, whether Musk wanted him then he oh, then he goes. He asked, sarcastically whether Musk wanted him to rehire all those people just so he could make a show of firing firing them again. Then he laid out his detailed plans for reorganizing the State Apartment, and Trump had to de escalate things and be like, okay.
Speaker 1: Just sold on.
Speaker 2: So from now on, if you run an agency, you are the one who does the firing, not Elon.
Speaker 1: Do you hear that? Elon?
Speaker 2: You don't do the firing. You are the advisor. You just advise, okay, okay, like had to fucking just say set those rules.
Speaker 1: Who knows if those will hold.
Speaker 2: Then Sean Duffy, the guy again in charge of avoidable plane crashes, he started getting pissed because he's saying that those people were just trying to lay off all these air traffic controllers. And Duffy said, what am I supposed to do? I have multiple plane crashes to deal with now, and your people.
Speaker 1: Want me to fire air traffic controllers.
Speaker 2: Ben Duffy said, he's been having to stop these kids, like personally intervening to like stop these firings from happening. And then again Trump had to intervene and then say this quote. The exchange ended with mister Trump telling mister Duffy that he had to hire people from MIT as air traffic controllers. These air traffic controllers need to be quote geniuses, he said. So he's like, okay, Sean, here's you do what you're gonna do. Get the people from m I T. They're very smart. Make them air traps controls. It's that easy. We're playing the sims go.
Speaker 1: That's the one that I need him to like stand up for you know, not let doge completely fuck everything up. And instead he's like, Uh, here's a completely unreasonable demand that I'm going to make of you that you have to hire MI I T employees MI T grads.
Speaker 2: What kind of elmer fudd ass thinking is that when you're like, oh, the problem is they're not geniuses.
Speaker 1: Right, and if geniuses brain is just TV. It's just like he says, everything you solve everything by like getting the guy from numbers to do the job. You know, it's just.
Speaker 2: Like you gotta find get me a doogie houser on the phone, bones, get me bon bone, get me a bone. I need bones to solve all these unsolved mysteries. I need geniuses for the air traffic controllers, maybe even baby geniuses. Have you seen that movie? These babies are geniuses, folks. I bet they're I bet they're pretty talented.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean before this administration, we had gone so many years without a major plane crash, and now like they yes, I think that is very specifically the one area that we're seeing that like institutional knowledge like it, you know, having on the job experience really matters. Like we started seeing the really dangerous like near misses during the Biden administration happened after the pandemic when they did like they kind of pushed people to retire early, and so they lost a big chunk of the workforce who had the experience doing the job. And then once air travel started up again, they were like unprepared and like a little understaffed. And it's just like this idea that you come in and just like completely flip the fucking game board over and just you know, it's it doesn't work. And in particular, like there was this article in The Atlantic over the weekend about just the like we had covered the fact that they fired a bunch of like FAA leadership right before that deadly crash, like weeks before the day after. We all remember when Trump had that press conference where he blamed the plane crash on DEI. That same day, the day after the fucking plane crash, FA employees, including air traffic controllers, safety inspectors, and mechanical engineers, according to this article quote received an email advising them to leave their job under a buyout program announced just two days before. And this is this is from that email. The way to greater American prosperity is encouraging people to move from lower productivity jobs in the public sector to hire productivity jobs in the private sector. So that's their playing right, is to get rid of the people currently doing the job that are literally keeping planes from fucking falling out of the air, like put and then put ye low productivity and then add employees. But like you can't. You can't get rid of them without having the next plan in place. And just the shit sounds So first of all, that email sounds like a spam email, which makes sense. You's been taking that asking.
Speaker 2: You for your login information for your FA credentials or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like the report from inside the FA is just like people are fucking leaving because it's such a nightmare. Like more than thirteen hundred FA employees replied to that email and selected yes, I confirm that I'm resigning retiring. That is the day after the plane crash. So that's what you know, we're in a worse place than we were heading into the plane crash. Mm hmm. That it seems bad to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, I mean they're they're doing the merry go round of hiring refire.
Speaker 1: It's just all again that was Marco rue Kind of ate with that one with the uh, with the oh, do you want me to fire everybody and then rehire them again so I can fire them again? Is that that make you happy?
Speaker 2: Also, Marco, you know he's trying to do this so then they can privatize everything because everything goes to ship. Then they can come in for the fucking scraps. And that's what's so wild. Yeah, yeah, like one of the details pretty obvious. Yeah, one of the details of this report is that one of the problems that the FAA does have and like air traffic does have, is like they're using old, outmoded technology, like like early two thousands technology, but they had signed a contract with Horizon in like twenty twenty three. They're in the process of like building out this.
Speaker 1: Massive upgrade, and Elon Musk basically came in and hired somebody from SpaceX to like take over and infuse like starlink as the system that it all runs on. So again, just completely disrupting a process that's already in place in order to put one of his companies in a more advantageous position that like can like hold the country hostage. Once he's oh yeah, in charge of all of our flights like it's it's so wild.
Speaker 2: It's uh yeah, just to think of the guy who who can't even get his own cars to not just fucking drive completely out of control into something, or just his lack of consistency with anything that he has in terms of like just stable the product is.
Speaker 1: Then be like, yeah, let's put all air traffic control. Let's I mean air traffic was just rusted this weekend because one of his rockets just fucking exploded and rained debris across Florida and the Caribbean. That's cool though, it looked cool as hell, dude, that shit looked.
Speaker 2: There was a video I think it was someone at like maybe the Tallahassee Airport or one of the airports nearby, and it was like someone was filming inside the airport of all the debris falling. And then one you can tell this one dude thought he was being so funny. He goes, ladies and gentlemen, the aliens have arrived. Okay, folks, they have arrived. And this guy keeps saying it over and over this video clip. Oh, he's like narrating over the video. No, he's just trying to say, like this guy, he's there he's just in the airport somewhere, and he's just clearly trying to get everybody's attention, just not the laugh that he's expecting to.
Speaker 1: He keeps saying, dude, just shut up. That's incredible.
Speaker 2: The aliens have have arrived, all right, folks, Let's be calm. They have arrived, and like you've been waiting years for this.
Speaker 1: Like if he's spending his own money on a private space program and that you know he's riding on, great, But when it's like fucking with air travel and he's also the person who's like in charge of just single handedly reshaping how our air travel, domestic air air travel happens in this country, it's pretty fucking terrifying. Yeah, I would say, yeah, But anyways, really fun report to read as we're about to have to fly in less than a day, to be like, yeah, people inside the FAA are not even focused on their normal jobs. They're just so worried about being fired and like all the people on their team who've been fired, and yeah, it sounds sounds like they're absolutely nailing it. So I'm glad that Trump stood up for Marco Rubio, but did not stand up for the guy who's in charge of like not having all the planes crash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it'll be funny because it'll always be like, well, we got rid of DEI and then but if you get rid of all the escapegoats, you're gonna have to blame white guys eventually, Donald, that's the problem here something. And then they'll just pivot again like it was actually the immigrants again this time? What okay, all right, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, to quote our dear leader after his COVID address, Okay, okay, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about the truth about Gene Hackman's cause of death. The truth, the truth Hackman truthers here. We'll be right back, and we're back. And Gene Hackman's cause of death has been revealed, and it is less mysterious and uh, you know, planned out, less conspiratorial than I think a lot of people seem to be hoping for. M So, since he and his wife passed away at their house, the true crime slop factory has been working over time, churning out ridiculous theories. We've got to hear a YouTube video from Law and Crime Network Five theories on Gene Hackman's suspicious death investigation five five Holy shit, wait what could you come up with a little racism in this? By the way, do you do you feel like with the it's always like, I don't know something about her. She seems suspicious. I feel like she seems is that something you've gone trueworthy? Is this something you've gone scrutiny on your relationship Jack? I've not experienced it to this degree where people are like, I think she's trying to murder you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean first there always was like what was going on with her?
Speaker 1: Did she did she do something?
Speaker 2: And then I don't know, I mean everything, I guess I didn't. I didn't even really look at it that way because I think I saw I was so checked out from whatever the headlines were after I read the initial thing of like, oh shit, Gene Hackman died, but like, what the fuck happened with all the dogs and stuff?
Speaker 1: So Hollywood Insider reveals how Gene Hackman was all capped murdered That one came from Benny Johnson, yikes, and then the mysterious deaths of Gene Hackman and Betsy Arakawa.
Speaker 2: And so they needed like just claim mystery when an investigation is in its infancy and you act as if this has been something that's been basically considered a cold case.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, the police started out being like, it's not mysterious, and people are like, seems mysterious to me, and they're like, I mean, I guess it's kind of like depends on your definition of mysterious. They were like, it was a murderer, Yeah, we knew it.
Speaker 2: No mysterious, and that like it's we're we are uncertain of what exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, some people speculated that it was no coincidence that Hackman was found dead the same week that the Epstein files were to be released.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also no secret why we haven't seen Van Vaught.
Speaker 1: It's no big secret. Why doesn't mean.
Speaker 2: God the ones that people had already seen supposed to be revealed, Like they were like, it's the list of names, and then they like it was just a fucking stunt for Pam Bondi to give it to like Republican influencers to be like, look at the transparency and it was nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even the Republicans were disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's going to fucking incriminate Trump if they would go all in on real, full on transparency, like it'll bring I'm sure they're like, ah, just do the parts where it's bad for the people, like the liberals, And it's like, naybody, you know it's bad.
Speaker 1: When Alex Jones was busting the Epstein connection, that doesn't that doesn't actually make sense. It doesn't hold water for me, somebody who holds a ton of water. Yeah, you've seen professional water like these days. But so the causes of death for Hackman and his wife are very tragedy. It is just a random tragedy. His wife passed away from hand to virus pulmonary syndrome, an illness transmitted to humans through contact with effective rodents, and then Hackman lived for another week, possibly unaware of what had happened because he was in an advanced state of Alzheimer's and she was his only care give to.
Speaker 2: It's like, this is actually darker than if it were just like a murder. Yeah you know what I mean, Like you have someone dying suddenly tragically who was the person's sole caretaker, and and they're in such an advanced state of Alzheimer's that then just like a week of just god knows what like when you're just unable to take care of yourself. It's like, oh my god, dude, just please, what's theory number seven? Can it be that one Gene Hackman got too close to an alien conspiracy theory?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But god, this is why we need people, you know, This is why we need sort of these programs that help. We need this many points of contact for these kinds of situations when some one person is the caretaker or not at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's the so the boring lesson of this story, and like the tragic lesson is like, you know, be in touch with your neighbors, be in touch with people around you, and you know, don't don't be over overly reliant on like one person like that.
Speaker 2: Just don't don't cut yourself off. Like we need community, we need the people around us.
Speaker 1: But that that got just erased from the narrative as quickly as possible because that's not what we're trying to hear. We're trying to hear about some conspiracy theories. All right, onto news from abroad. Israel has announced their latest war crime on x dot com.
Speaker 2: The Everything app truly is gives you access to everything, just not financial transactions yet Shane.
Speaker 1: Not yet, Shane. I'm waiting, though, I'm ready keeping my money in a shoe box until I can find a stupider thing to do it.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, it just honestly, I'm sorry, Elon, but like everything, app just doesn't hit if you can proclaim you're about to do violations of international law before I can send the homie fucking five bucks for some pipe rock theory videos.
Speaker 1: Thank you so. Less than a week after Israel blocked entry for all humanitarian aid in Gaza, Israel's energy minister announced that they're cutting off the electricity supply, and he made the announcement on x which just a great platform for announcing war crimes. Some right wing publications have tried to downplay it. The Canada's National Post published article saying Israel was merely trimming electricity in Gaza as if it were a hairdresser, do a little trim, little snip here and there. They're merely cutting off a single facility and anyways, Gozlins mainly rely on solar panels and fuel power generators to produce electricity.
Speaker 2: That was from the Ministry of Energy, I think saying that, yeah, they're just using they they're fine, they don't They can use a little bit of light or not light or just like less light less electricity, I guess is the point here, Yeah, where.
Speaker 1: The reality is that the facility they're cutting off is a vital desalination plant. So cutting off that power means that half a million people are not going to have access to drinking water. Oh and the fuel for those generators is being blocked, so mm hmm. Yeah. They've also just the on the solar panel thing. Israeli forces have been confiscating and destroying Palestinian solar panels for years. Like there was a effort by a Dutch funded solar project to finally give them around the clock power to refrigerate food or do like laundry, and Israeli military administrators in the West Bank sent soldiers with assault rifles in and they shut down the project, ripped out its electrical components, and drove away with ninety six solar panels. So, just in case we thought that was an actual option going forward, it is not, thanks to Israeli forces. Yeah, but it's basically, you know, Israel has decided they don't want to move into phase two of the agreed upon three phase ceasefire deal and instead of sabage those efforts. Yeah, it's I.
Speaker 2: Mean, god, this thing is continuing, continuing, continuing, Yes, there's like then you have like the people who are doing we are talking from the Trump administration with Hamas and like it all seems I'm not sure how any of this is going to play out, but it definitely feels like it's going to play out in favor of whatever Nenya who wants. But yeah, this is just wild too, Like it's on its face such an obvious like violation of human rights to be like, well, we're not like cutting well, I guess we're cutting off water because we're cutting off electricity.
Speaker 1: But it's not we're intentionally cutting off the water.
Speaker 2: It just happens to be a byproduct this other decision that we've made.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking craven it is.
Speaker 2: We shall see how this continues to unfold.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be Lord, it would be my guess.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: The action was condemned by groups including the Council on American Islamic Relations and even the UK government, who noted that this breaches international humanitarian law. So okay, the UK got maybe by breaking free of the American relationship, the UK will start saying things that are true. Let's see, let's see. I just feel like the whole Trump thing is just playing.
Speaker 2: It's just it's like a power up for neoliberalism, you know what I mean. Like they were like the tiny Mario, Yeah, and if you get bonked one more time, But a fucking shroom just came down and they fucking were like, oh, okay, okay, we're feeling it.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, I guess you don't like this, you don't like this. I think we can all rely on the British to be good guys and on on the historical stage. I think that's usually a safe bet. All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, whay you still can get your blue shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacist and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,