Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it's finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly.
Speaker 3: That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans ce DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and Responsible Gaming Resources.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite AUNC Jhannon Sharp, he's your favorite, number eighty five route Runner, Extraordinary Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree pro Bola All Pro, and he's Liberty City's own Chad o Jo Sinko Johnson. Thank you for staying up late with us. It's greatly greatly appreciated. So let's get right into it, O Joe. The Lakers beat the Nuggets one nineteen to one oh eight, snapped the eleven game win streak the Nuggets were on. They had won seven straight in the playoffs, and if I'm not mistaken, the Lakers hadn't beat the Nuggets since December of twenty twenty two, and they extend the series to a game five, which would be Monday. Back in Denver, Lebron James thirty point. Anthony Davis had a monster night. He had twenty five points, twenty three rebounds, he led the team and assists. D Low twenty one points after over the other night Austin Reeves twenty one points, and still Nikola Jokic was incredible again thirty three points, fourteen rebounds, fourteen assists. Despite Jamal Murray is only shooting thirty eight percent from the floor, he's shooting twenty five percent from the three and they're up. That just goes to show you is not when you shoot back, it's when you shoot bad. Because come fourth quarter in those first three games, when they needed him to make big plays in big shots, he's hitting Yoki.
Speaker 3: You're gonna do what Yokis does.
Speaker 2: So all we can ask Anthony Davis to do play him to a stand still, Lebron. That means you're gonna have to play a Murray to a stand still or exceed what he does. I said, okay, guys, now, let's make it three on three. Austin Reeves, de lo RUI. You got Aaron, Gordon, Calwell, Pope and Murray. They got outplay them and for the first time those three outplayed their three.
Speaker 1: Right, I think, yeah, I think I think that was the difference in this game. Obviously where Russell d Low d Low playing playing well this game and not having an offer, and obviously Reeves also had a good game as well, and they closed out the second quarter. In the third quarter when they did have a lead, they had a They had a good third quarter as opposed to the to the previous three games before the third quarter was really really bad, where obviously twenty point lead was blown in a game where they shouldn't have won. But tonight they finished, They finished really well, and I'm hoping they can the same, keep the same momentum, even though even though they're gonna be in Denver, it's gonna be difficult and Denver is gonna want to close it out. But just let's make the series interesting. Let's make it interesting. And I mean, who knows what can happen. Obviously Denver being the better team, obviously a d playing like a monster. Lebron is gonna do what he does. But I have a feeling if the supporting casts for the Lakers outside of Ad and Lebron continue to play the way they played the night, they have a chance. Maybe not the win, maybe not the wind, but at least make the series interesting.
Speaker 2: This is the great This is the greatest playoff series I've ever seen Anthony Davis play. Most ends of the court, He's given you the points production, he's given you, the rebounding. He's going up against the best player in the world and he's played him to a standstill. Now we know he's not going to have the assist total that Yolk has because they don't run their offense through Ad. They normally run their offense. A lot of their offense is run through Nicola Jokic, and so he's gonna always be up there. He's gonna always be somewhere between nine and thirteen fourteen assists. You understand that. But you got to a keep him off the glass. You've got the out rebounding, and you probably got to stay pretty close to him in points. And tonight yok had thirty three to fourteen. He missed some shots normally around the rim that he normally makes. Thirty three points, fourteen rebounds, fourteen assists. But it was Anthony Davis and Lebron andd Lo and Reeves did what we've been asking them to do for the entire series.
Speaker 3: So Lebron James scores.
Speaker 2: Thirty, Anthony Davis has twenty five points, twenty three rebound, six assists, in which he led them in that category. If I'm not mistaken, d Low had twenty one points. Austin Reeves had twenty one points, and they hold off the Denver Nuggets force a game five back in Denver. Nikola yokis thirty three to fourteen fourteen and Murray's is still struggling shooting the ball from the floor and the three point line. But the best part about this, they didn't let this thing get within three, let this thing get tied up, because we know he's more than capable of taking this game over. So the Lakers stayed off elimination and they forced a game five and the Nuggets eleven game win streak against them, including seven in the postseason, and the Lakers hold on and win.
Speaker 3: Game five is Monday in Denver.
Speaker 2: Anthony Davis this postseason, he's averaging third at one point sixteen rebounds, a block and a half a game, sixty two percent field goal percentage. You see, and this is why so many people get on Anthony Davis. Now, look who he's going against. That's the best player in the league, and you've given up thirty one sixteen, a block and a half on sixty that's the expectations. That's why I get upset the ad because you see the skill set. You see it, it's on display.
Speaker 1: And matter of fact, the fact that it's on display. And remember what Lebron said. I'm not sure if it was at the beginning of the season when there was a question that arise from my blue from a reporter and he said, this was Ad seen. Yeah, this is this is This is why, because even Lebron knows what ad is capable of doing in situations like this. Obviously riding to the occasion against you, you saying the best player in the NBA, and hell, thirty two points first game, thirty two points, a second game, thirty three points, the third game twenty five. Tonight, you can't ask no, you can't ask for nothing else.
Speaker 2: With sixteen thirty one sixteen a block and a half on sixty two percent field goal the problem is they need to make sure they keep him active in because think about it, he only had one field.
Speaker 3: Goal attemp the other night, in.
Speaker 2: The fourth quarter, in the fourth quarter right the other game, he only had four field goal attempts.
Speaker 3: Now give him five, give him six, feed him yo, look yo, Kic.
Speaker 2: What Yogic tries to do, He tries to wear you down on the other end because he knows he's a defensive he's not a defensive guy. So he's going to try to take it out of you on the other end while you're dealing with him.
Speaker 3: So, Anthony Davis, what you need to do is.
Speaker 2: Take it out of his ass when he has to guard you on the defensive meeting and make him suffer.
Speaker 3: Go at it. Go at it.
Speaker 1: But I love what you go ahead, Hey, since Joker is not not a defensive guy, obviously he's an offensive guy, spectacled on offense.
Speaker 3: Yes, is he?
Speaker 1: Is he a liability on defense or no, he's not.
Speaker 2: For the simple fact he gives you so much offensively, Okay, I mean, and he's gonna because I mean, he's gonna get rebounds.
Speaker 3: He gives you opportunities.
Speaker 2: The difference in this ball game, O Joe, if you go back and look at it, the Lakers won the rebounding battle. The Lakers with only one behind in the offensive rebounding. Normally, they were getting whitewashed on the on the glass. They were losing the offensive rebounding by six by seven. Now you only lost it by one. You won the rebounding battle. And so as long as you can win the rebounding battle, because you can't keep giving great good teams. Great teams constantly looks at you. It's kind of like at our sport. On third down, you let you let a team go get sixty percent on third down? Oh you got him? Yeah, you keep let the team Okay, it's third down, all right, first down, we gotta a third down, first down. Eventually, that's gonna catch up with Yojo because they're gonna turn those those conversions.
Speaker 3: They're gonna turn those into points. Right. So congratulations to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Something that I did not think I would be saying is that the Lakers forced a game five Lebron got. This is probably the most agitated I've seen him on a call with Mert when the swung and the ball went out of bound and he said, I didn't touch it. Challenge it. And normally normally they deferred to their franchise player, the great players. If Johannis want somebody, if he does this, whether they think it or not, they're gonna challenge it.
Speaker 1: Challenge it, right, yo Hey, Mike and Lung's.
Speaker 3: Gonna challenge it. Steph Curry says this, They're gonna challenge it.
Speaker 2: And so he was so agitated he was going that Darwin Ham they backdoor get a layup and he he was like, uh uh, he's like when I say, when I say challenge it challenging because they did.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: They did the second time they did with d Low with d Low and that ball went out and he hit that finger Darwen in hesitate that second time and they got and they got the ball.
Speaker 3: They got the ball.
Speaker 2: It had to have gone out the way he said, because for Lebron to get that animated, Yeah, that ball had a going off of him. Do you understand what people would have said, So for him to get as animated and as dejected as he did when they didn't challenge it and they got a bucket on the I was like, yeah, I ain't even need because I don't know why they didn't even reach it because the referee handed the ball so quick to the Nuggets because they was away because if you look at it, go back and look, the camera didn't even really see the back door until at the very end because the official gave it.
Speaker 3: To him so quick.
Speaker 2: Right, But they hold on the wind not a big that glad that played didn't come back to buy.
Speaker 1: Them Oh choe, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: The Celtics beat the brakes off the Heat. The Heat wasn't on today, one zero four to eighty four. After franchise record twenty three or forty three from the behind the arc and the game to victory, the Heat went back to looking ordinary. They shot nine of twenty eight from the three.
Speaker 1: That's why we lost. You just said it. You just you just you just said why we lost shooting nine for twenty three from the three when we didn't look like that at the last game and we shot them. We beat the Celtics at their own game last time.
Speaker 3: We played them, y'all.
Speaker 1: Did I mean? Hell? I mean, there's there's not much I can say. Obviously, we have to shoot a high efficiency in order to beat them, especially with the absence of argument. I mean, he is our best player.
Speaker 2: Right, Jimmy, Yeah, I would say bam. But okay, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, you get what I'm saying. So you you you got to shoot. You got to shoot a fishing from the field when when he's out across the board. I mean, we're we're, we're They just have the better team, they have the the better matchups. It's just it's not fair. And if we're gonna win. We got we got to be a fishing man. And I mean it to me. It pains me to say this.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't. I don't think we have a chance anymore.
Speaker 3: Yah, you got a chance to make me my money? Okay, I tell you what I do. Ojoe?
Speaker 1: What WHOA?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 1: Come on? Come on? We bet owe you money?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no owe me yet? You don't owe me yet. Now I'll let you buy. We been five hundred A yeah, we been five hundred. I owe you one hundred. I'll let you bow, so that'll be four hundred and five.
Speaker 5: Win.
Speaker 3: You can buy it right now for three hundred.
Speaker 1: Wait, I bet on the series, right you did? We only's two? Well but see what two to one one? Oh?
Speaker 3: We're good? Were good? Were good?
Speaker 1: Look good good, We're good. Because listen, we're not gonna shoot. We're not gonna shoot nine to twenty eight or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: You are gonna shoot twenty three or forty three either?
Speaker 1: Oh you you you think we're gonna have a repeat what you just saw tonight.
Speaker 2: No, but I don't think y'all go shoot the franchise play our record twenty three.
Speaker 1: Either okay, say less, say less, best still on best still like okay, okay, okay, you want to creasey, do what whatever you want. Man, listen, make it light on yourself. Baby, that these pockets over here run deep, because I don't spend no money. So whatever you want to do, make it light on yourself. Huh. Throw it on the floor now I'm gonna pick it up.
Speaker 3: Were you want to.
Speaker 2: You want to put another five on it, We'll put another five on it.
Speaker 3: Then good. I mean, I thought I thought that. I thought I feed. I thought I feed. Got stuck because.
Speaker 1: You put another five on it, then put another for you. You got the right one, You got the right one. Scared money, don't make no money?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I like that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I know you know that. I know exactly what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: We bet all. They said we bet two hundred, so that's bet another two hundred.
Speaker 1: So you try to jim me, try to jip me. I thought you try to steal my money.
Speaker 3: Man takes what we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chat, I appreciate that. I appreciate that's love. I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: Hello. I think what do we better? We bet something?
Speaker 2: Okay, you owe me four hundred from this year betting on your boy because Darius Tony and Zach Wilson, you better your boy.
Speaker 3: So I was up.
Speaker 2: I was so I was up. I'm still up. Actually, actually I bet you we bet five hundred. You owe me four hundred.
Speaker 1: So I was down one hundred, right, Okay, So now about about to be a You're taking the money. You're taking the money from football season, and you carrying over like you're doing the math problem. You carrying over the over the money. That's how it works to the next bet. Yeh, okay, okay, say let's I.
Speaker 3: Mean, have you ever got anything on credit? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my face is clean, especially here in Miami. Yeh, get a lot of things on credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, that's what you do. So they carried over if you don't play the bill, Like what week they running all over to the next week when you get some more stuff. So the Heat lose to the Celtics one o four to eighty four and it's a two to one, so Boston seize his home court back the MAVs look hollo on.
Speaker 3: The MAVs took a two to one series lead.
Speaker 2: Russell Westbrook, J Washington with both dejected after Chippy played. Kawhi is questionable for Sunday's Game four after short and game three. He did very little to inspire confidence that that knee inflammation will allow him to save the Clippers. Eg had his worst field goal percentage to five ratio. He gave the Clippers two losses. He has as many files ten as made field goals out of twenty five attempts. Hard had more turnovers in game three five than in the first two games combined.
Speaker 3: It's just this is just not a good matchup for them, Ojoe.
Speaker 2: For the simple fact those two guards they don't have an answer for right, and their bigs are active. So they get to the get to the they get start getting in the land, and you start focusing on them, and then they just lob it up and they go lively and they go gaffer boom, boom boom. And with Paul George playing the way he's playing and Kawhi limited, well, you need the beard. See now, after the first game we've been getting James Harden. I told y'all, y'all they need James RDT, y'all needed this beard.
Speaker 1: That's not nice.
Speaker 3: That's not nice.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, and.
Speaker 3: So that's what and that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: So in order when you're one of your best players, and I believe Kawhi is the best player when he's down, other guys have to step up their play. And right now they're not getting that kind of production from PG. They're not getting that kind of production from James, and Russ got himself in foul trouble, and you know, he didn't really give him that that energy off the bench that we know he's capable of, right.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, obviously Rush Rush was overe over seven from the field, he had nineteen minutes played, and he was suspended for his antics, obviously ejected and yeah, sar ejected, but he was ejected or forrest antics obviously, you know, not being able to control his emotions. Will that affect the Clippers in the next game, even even though he didn't give him much to night. We know what Russell is capable of doing. In order for them to actually win this series. I think they're gonna need contributions from every from everywhere, from every one for that matter. And obviously the Beard, the Beard or James Harden, whichever one you want to you want to call him. We hope he can play like he did. Was it game one for game two? Yes, yes, yes, yeah, we need we need him, especially with Kawhi being limited. We need the Beard to play at the highest level he can.
Speaker 3: You need.
Speaker 2: What you need is Paul George to be what he said he is, which is playoff p We know he can get it going. We know he's capable of giving you an efficient twenty plus. We know he could get in the thirties. We've seen him go score forty. This that's Paul George right here. With Kawhi being limited and potentially out, you're not getting past You're not getting past the maverage.
Speaker 3: You're not You're not.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have to find a way to get somebody more involved to go along with James Harden.
Speaker 3: And when James Harden plays well, he needs another guy. Now. The got great production in the first game.
Speaker 2: Remember the first game, Zubas gave him twenty and fifteen, which was a career playoff high.
Speaker 1: But a big man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what you need.
Speaker 2: If one of my guys give me something, I'm gonna need somebody that I'm not even really expecting a whole lot from. I don't need him to give me something at also, like you say, I'm gonna need him to put something on it, and right now lately they haven't had anybody to put anything on it. And so you see Luca, you see Kyrie doing what they do. But Lively has come in and he's been very active. I mean, I think he had probably about six dunks. I mean he was dunking everything. And that's what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to finish and leave no doubt. So that series is two to one.
Speaker 1: One yeah, two one MAVs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it doesn't it doesn't look good for Kawhi. And look, Kawhi is never going to be the same. There's only so many times that a doctor can go into the body. But that adversely affected you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same part of the body at that yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: The Suns go down three to oh.
Speaker 2: The timber Wolves are one win away from winning the first playoff series since two thousand and four. The song The Son's Home Crowd booed the team, Katie. They expect so much out of us, They pay the harder money, and they deserve to react how they want.
Speaker 3: To react.
Speaker 2: It's on enough players to use it as fuel and hopefully it ignites us for the next game. I've never been swept the day of my life, said Bradley Beal, who's caored a team by twenty eight points. I'll be damned if that happens.
Speaker 3: What you think? I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it from Brad.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like what. Talking is one thing, but being able to go out there and execute it is a whole another. And there's a young fellow out there in Minnesota, a man name ant Man who ain't playing no games. He not, he ain't playing no games. The night thirty eight points. Shoot hell, and in the clutch time you know, talk about you talk about closing out the game. He had eighteen and the fourth nine boys, five assists, eleven for eleven from the free throw line. Yes, man, he ain't coming to play. He ain't going to play, and he means business. You saw you saw what he was doing, right, Yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Was doing a number on them, That's what he was doing. Hold on, I'm trying to find.
Speaker 1: Out you know, you know what that means. I'm not allowed to say on here, but it's not I'm working on a cursion. But man, man, it's a real deal.
Speaker 3: Man that work. Oh he given them work for sure.
Speaker 1: You down three to zero. Listen. I don't know what more Kevin Durant could do. I don't know what more Booker can do. I don't know more what more brand bial can do. And when you look at it, when I look at it, I think of the Minnesota Timberwolves as a two headed monster and man and cat. And when I look at the Suns on paper, to me.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be a three headed monster.
Speaker 1: They I mean the hell they are. And when I think about the series, let's say you didn't know basketball, but you just look at you look at the rosters, and the first thing you're gonna say is, well, I would say, even though my basketball knowledge is nowhere near like yours, are some of the people in the chat that enjoy it. I would say, Oh, yeah, the son's gonna win. This Son's gonna win this win this series just based off the names on paper in general, and hell, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know what's happened to know, Joe, they were minus twenty seven on the rebounding. They got our rebounding fifty to twenty three. There was minus ten on offensive rebounding. They gave up fifteen. They got five of their own, so what they but see the size. And when I tell people, I was like, oh man, you know, I said, but at some point in time, they're gonna miss KD. I don't care how great your shooters are. At some point in time, you got to stop somebody. At some point in time, you gotta grab a rebound once the opposing team misses. If you force a misshot and you don't secure the rebound, you haven't actually done anything. The possession does not end until you grab the rebound. As long as they get the rebound, you ever done anything? You forced the misshot?
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's crazy, man, man, most thirty point playoff games and Wolve's history was seven. Well actually he's only played oh yes, seven. Kevin Kevin Garnay has seven as well. But and it's played thirty three fewer games, you know, god Lee, So this series is open and basically, what do the sun you need to do to get back in the series? Do even have a.
Speaker 2: Chance rebound rebound because but see they add a disadvance, because think about it, you got seven to go beart, You got seven foot cat.
Speaker 1: God Dan well cat seven foot Yeah, dude like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah cat, yes.
Speaker 2: Man, And you got nav you got nas Reed coming off the bench. He's probably sixteen.
Speaker 1: So you might as well just chalk it up for the Sun. So obviously, if the Suns get swept like this, are they blowing up the team or.
Speaker 2: How you gonna blow it up? Think about what you gave up to get Kevin Durant. You gave up Michael Bridges, you gave up Cam Johnson, you gave up a lot of your pieces and all basically all your first round picks.
Speaker 1: So what Bill Howe right, you have no choice but to run it back.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I don't know. I mean where is KD? Where does KD want to go? I mean I was so I thought he wanted to go there. I'm sure he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, they hit him a solid and put him in a place where he could win. He had Chris Paul last year, that book. Last year, they had Aton and they didn't get it done. So I'm just trying to figure out where can he Where can they shipping that they're gonna get value, because you're never gonna get the value.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna get the value for one of those.
Speaker 1: Guys, right, not not that kind, No, no, not that but I mean, if any if they want to ship him somewhere and they can use Amazon Prime, bring them on down to Miami, Come on down to Miami.
Speaker 3: You know what they gonna want.
Speaker 2: They're gonna say, give us Bam, give us Jimmy Butler and Tyler Hero.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, man, he can't get you. The can't get the whole goddamn house.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, So what you want? What you want me to take? You want me to take Kevin Love.
Speaker 1: You definitely can't take the hard and soul that Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you can't take the hard and soul.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I'm that's just that's just that's just me in.
Speaker 3: Case I want it. I don't want it. Whatever you got off, I don't want it.
Speaker 2: Give me Jimmy Butler, give me Bam, give me Tyler Hero.
Speaker 3: I'll give you Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening because guess what. The Sons have zero playoff wins this season. They got zero first round picks twenty twenty five through twenty thirty. They got zero second round picks from twenty twenty four to twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: So what are they going to trade?
Speaker 2: Let mess your question, Yes, sir, like the old lady say in my hometown, what you want me to get it with?
Speaker 3: Ask the mouth? Come on, man, what what did?
Speaker 2: What do they have to offer back? And then tye somebody to say, Okay, yeah, yeah, we won't that.
Speaker 1: That's tough, man, especially with what they had to give up four KD you would expect, you would expect more. Hey, they made it to the playoffs, but they got there and haven't won of these games. And then you run into a jigger, a juggernaut. They're young and hungry of a young animal. Young hungry animals by the name of Anthony Edwards ain't playing no games at all.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: In order for you to get Kevin Durant, I mean, if Kevin Durant wants to leave, you're gonna have to give You're gonna have to give up because in return, I.
Speaker 3: Want some draft capital.
Speaker 2: But I also want players right now that can help me win.
Speaker 3: I can't just take you.
Speaker 2: I just can't take draft picks. Oh Joe, I need some player. I need players right They got to think about it. This is their team for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 3: They got no draft picks. None.
Speaker 2: They got one second round pick this year. After that, they got no draft picks until twenty thirty. Mm hm, So I don't know what what what can you offer?
Speaker 3: Now? I gotta k I got you ain't got no draft picks.
Speaker 2: So now, if you want Kevin Durant, somebody that gives they're gonna want. Okay, you want KD. I want two or three of your best players, and I'm gonna need some first round picks because.
Speaker 3: That's what they gave up two or three two or three? Ash?
Speaker 2: What did what did Phoenix give up to get Kevin Durant? I know they we know. We know they gave up Michael Bridges. We know they gave up we know they gave up Cameron Johnson. We know they gave up substantial damn near all the draft picks. I mean, if they don't turn this thing around, this might be the biggest mistake since Aesop gave his kingdom away for a horse.
Speaker 1: But you know this is the first year, though, right, it's.
Speaker 3: The second year.
Speaker 1: Ah shit?
Speaker 2: I mean, how long y'all think? How long you? I mean, you make it seem like Katie twenty five.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I'm I'm thinking it's their first year altogether.
Speaker 3: So I was, uh, KD came at the trade deadline last year. Him book was already.
Speaker 1: There, Okay, So I was trying to say the chemistry, maybe the chemistry of playing together and understanding each other, it isn't where it should be yet, KD.
Speaker 2: This is what they gave up to get KD. They gave up Michail Bridges, Cam Johnson, J. Crowder and four four unprotected future first round.
Speaker 3: Picks four four.
Speaker 1: But you know what, you know what. You can't even you can't even say, you can't even talk shit, damn cursing already got dogget. You can't even say anything bad because this is KD. Were talking about one of the most prolific scores in the history of the game. Yes, so you understand why they gave up, Yes, I mean why they gave up what they did. Yes, and just it's unfortunate from a business standpoint on why it didn't work. The only way you know what, you know, you know what you get as a player though.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the only way you can pay it off they gotta win a championship because if they don't win a championship, they're crippled for the next for the next five years. I'll telling crippled because you have no assets. What can you trade? You gonna trade book? You gonna trade bill? I mean you're not gonna trade book Bill. You might be able to trade bill. M What did they give up? What did they give up to get Bill? They had to give up something to get Bill.
Speaker 3: Who is.
Speaker 1: Sons ownership? Who's who's Who's whose owner of the son?
Speaker 3: You know, you know Sar ended up selling that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know the guy off the top of my head. Oh, Joe, it's on the new ownership for sure.
Speaker 1: See you see, you see what with whoever the new owner, whoever the owner is for the Sons, it's what you call going all in. That's going all in.
Speaker 2: These guys don't normally come become available, and so when they do become available enemy And I think people understand. I don't think, uh, people are upset that the son made this move. Nine times out of ten, most teams make this move. Matt Ishba. Matt Ishba. He was on the Michigan State team that won the national championship. Okay, so he was on that team, Matt Ishba and I get it. I get I get why he did it. You're getting KD. You're paying him with Bradley Bill too, offensive Juggernauts. But for whatever reason, o Jo, it hasn't worked out. And the only way to pay this thing off, they're gonna have to win a championship.
Speaker 3: Right man.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Next next year might be the year. Next year might be the year.
Speaker 3: So think about this.
Speaker 2: At one point in time, the Sons picked up Bradley Bell for Chris Paul Landry Shaman for future first round pick swap and six future second round picks.
Speaker 3: So that's what they gave up to get Chris Paul. Damn, I mean to get up Bradley.
Speaker 1: Beal if you Bradley Bradley like that too, now.
Speaker 3: Man, man, you got your damn mind.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way in hell I'm giving up four future first round picks and six pick swaps and six future second round picks for Bradley Bill.
Speaker 1: Then Bradley Bill is like that.
Speaker 3: He liked that. I like Bill, But think about what you just said, Oh Joe, they have no picks, no picks. I give you that, Okay.
Speaker 2: The Cincinnati Bengals have no first to second round picks until let's see twenty five, six, twenty nine, until twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling about that?
Speaker 1: Yes, away, hold on, hold on now, they stay with me, now with our current roster, Yes, I'm feeling good, especially offensively, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's even worse because in basketball you only have two rounds, so they got no picks. So now what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna do you one better. The Bengals got no picks for the next five years. You could even with your current roster.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't like that. We're gonna We're gonna need to improve in certain areas exactly, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, they can't improve because in order for you to improve, you're gonna have to either trade Bill, Kevin Durant or or or Book.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Book ain't going though, God damn well mm hmmm. Well, honestly, you really can't afford afford to lose any any of them right now.
Speaker 2: And you but here's the thing. Now, Kevin Durant, we know Kevin Durant to move. Kevin Durant ain't got no problem Kevin Durant got frequent fly miles. He left O K Seed to go to Golden State. He left Golden State to go to Brooklyn. He left Brooklyn to go to Phoenix. So we know he ain't got no problem being on the movie. Kevin Durant is so journal right, So.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know what the sons are gonna do.
Speaker 1: There a.
Speaker 3: They're a hard place on Joe. They caught there between.
Speaker 1: A pool.
Speaker 3: At a part. I don't know which why I got to do what you got to do one another, but I might mess myself on Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but either way you go both of them stink.
Speaker 3: See see now now you get it? Now, you getting it?
Speaker 2: Now, you understand what that gave up to put this roster as we see it together. And now because it's not paying out and you, I think you're gonna probably see less and less guys because it's not having to the immediate ramification and teams are going to be more less and less likely to want to give up future. And I get it that commodity, but like man, this could seriously handicap us. The team that's in the best position is okay, see m M because they got like eight nine first round picks, they got like thirteen second round picks, and they got the youngest roster.
Speaker 3: Right, they got the Now they got the artillery to go get to Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, that'll be that'll be nice.
Speaker 2: Question is that Kevin Durant want to go back to OKC because they got the artillery, they got the draft, they got the draft compensation. Now you're not getting Shay, you're not getting Chat and you're not getting Jay Williams.
Speaker 3: Now the other on you anybody else you won't and figure you on five first round huh.
Speaker 1: Hey, that'll be a good one though, Shy Chat and Kevin Durant and j will Yeah, for sure, that's nasty. Wait wait, who's the big? Who's the big? And okay, see chat chet hunger who had the fire? Be too little to be the fire?
Speaker 3: Strong?
Speaker 2: But they ain't got no, that's that's what they got. That's what they play. He's a stretch five.
Speaker 3: Man. Everybody ain't joeling be not damn I know.
Speaker 1: But he ain't got no weight on him. Oh, he's just straight up and down.
Speaker 3: Now with the way the game is played. Now, he's fine, he's fine. He ain't gonna be down there because ain't really no banging.
Speaker 1: He ain't banging down there. Okay, you're right, you're right right. The game is Shane. The game is Shane is a shooting game. Now, you're right, bad and like he ain't got to deal with no shock or nothing.
Speaker 3: No hell noah and joying.
Speaker 2: Look you try every time Joel and B get the ball and you come get it out of his hand because you know he ain't gonna do nothing with Joel and B. Right, Yeah, that's like a mosquite on the elephant and he just oh, Jeorge time by first segment.
Speaker 1: Yes good.
Speaker 2: Kirk cousins position as the Atlanta Falcons starting quarterback of the for the foreseeable future has not changed after the team stunning first round draft selection of Michael Pennix Junior. According to the new head coach Raheem Morris, Falcons selecting Penix Junior with the eighth overall pick on Thursday night, The choice set shock waves across the NFL, since Atlanta had just signed Cousin to a frigid deal last month. Four year contract worked up that one hundred and eighty million, with one hundred million of that guaranteed at the Falcons post draft media availability Saturday, Marris milped it any kind of quarterback controversy. We came up with a decision. This is what we planned to do. And Kurt does not have to look over his shoulder every time he throws a bad pass like that's a lot. That's not the case. No, he ain't got to do that. But them fans gonna.
Speaker 1: Boom, that's a lie. You know, you know what's gonna happen. You already know what's gonna happen. Anytime you draft the quarterback. That's how you already know what's going to happen. I said it. Everybody told me I was wrong. Obviously you didn't like the logs behind it. Night I explained exactly what it was. He's coming off of injury. His tenure there is not going to be that long, maybe one or two years, and passing the torch on to Michael Penning Jr. That's exactly what it is. I mean, it's it's it's excuse me. I don't want to say it's common sense because it might not be common to certain people because they still are confused by the logic of the pick. And I'm telling you what they're doing. Kirk Cousins is great. He's great. He's always great in the regular season, in the regular season. So we we want we want some of that. We want some of that regular season magic. And see what we can do. See if you can get to the playoffs with what we have here. You got Drake London, you got b John Robinson, you got Kyle Pitts and a very very nice supporting cast that you that you can work with. Right, let's see what we can do. You got a year, maybe two, and the torch is going to pass on the Michael Pennon Jr. Now, if you play, if you play bad this season and the fans become unsettled, no matter what mister Raheem Mars says. I respect him to death, but you will be replaced. You will be replaced, and they will they will. They will throw brother brother Pennix to the sharks. That's what I call it when a rookie start, I call it throwing them to the sharks. But you better know how to swim.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, uh, I don't know the record of russ right now. Got the record eighty five million. Can you imagine sign a quarterback to that kind of deal and cutting them after one.
Speaker 3: Year because even if you trade it, that's still dead money in your cap.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be it's gonna be very very interesting.
Speaker 2: I think had had you know what Ojo had they not paid Let's just say they gave a two year deal. Let's just say they gave a two year beat deal, yes, sir, or a three year deal, because you want to pro rate it out, and it was somewhere around ninety million. But the fact that they went four years at one hundred and eighty and they gave fifty at the time of signing, and they're still gonna got another fifty to give him.
Speaker 3: That's why people scratchingate, like with Dane.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean, just listen again, we understand the quarterback situation across the league in general. In general, there are many, many teams, many teams that don't have quarterbacks. So they had the jump at the opportunity for a quarterback that is phenomenal offensively in the regular season, because if you look at what he's done in the playoffs, most people were like, well, what the hell did you do that for? I tell you, well, look at what he does during the season. That's why they did it. Not only did they do it, you had to overpay for it because where the market is based on his resume throughout the past, even though he had no playoff with well, yeah, he doesn't have a playoff one, right, I think he got one. Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, but there's really no.
Speaker 3: Joe, Yes, sir, what kind of what kind of called rail guy? Uh?
Speaker 1: Maybok and a GLS SLS five hundred whatever the hell?
Speaker 2: Okay, Reil got it. Reil got a Maybok, real goals. Reil goals out and buys another Maybop and pays two million dollars for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go like, damn baby, that's that's no.
Speaker 2: Let's say a.
Speaker 3: Used Maybop what is like five years old? She pays two million for.
Speaker 2: It, right, and then next month she goes out and buys another mayboll What you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: Why are you paying that kind of money for a depreciating asset?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: See, that's what people are saying. Kirk Cousins in his mid thirties coming out from Achilles injury, and it's not like you getting Tom Brady a guy or Patrick Mahomes even ift' that's the top.
Speaker 3: But let's just say he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna they're getting someone that has five.
Speaker 3: Six playoff wins.
Speaker 2: Okay, people might say, but okay, but damn, they're like, hold on home, y'all paying this man like he Mahome, y'all paying this.
Speaker 3: Man like he Burrowed, like he Payton Manning of Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: You know it's funny. He's not Brady Burrow or or Manning. But look at his regular season numbers. Oh yeah, look at his regular seet numbers. You're gonna be like, what the you know what? And that's where he's able to command and warrant the money that he got from the Falcons even with no playoff success.
Speaker 3: But see what do you see what you said? Now?
Speaker 2: Dak put up them same kind of the same kind of regular season numbers, and they kill it. Lamar Jackson win m VPS. He don't win in the postseason, they kill it. You see what you just said about Kirk Cousins, Yes, sir, he ain't never had the regular season like Lamar.
Speaker 1: And Paul Lamar.
Speaker 3: He can't win.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Kirk Cousin ain'ven thought about going to a Championship game.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. But it's funny with the media. I'm obviously fans too as well. Why is Dak and Lamar? Why is Dak and Lamar held at a different standard when it comes to playoff success as opposed to Kirk docthor.
Speaker 3: You know why he would have stopped playing? We got, we got.
Speaker 2: We even got to answer that, Okay, okay, I'm just curious they complaining about the money they gave Dik and talking about well he got for me.
Speaker 3: I look at a loss as a loss.
Speaker 2: I mean, whether you lose by one or you lose by Yeah, Dak hadn't played his last playoff game. They lost what twice to San Francisco, and they lost to and they lost in the fashion in which they lost, especially against Green Bay. But y'all, y'all make it seem like Kirk Cousin going to the NFC Championship game. He has not, right, he has not. Yeah, So at the end of the day, expect expectations should be the same. When I pay a guy that kind of money I've expected him to get, I'm expecting the results to come along with that. Because what you said is absolutely true, and that's the problem with all the quarterbacks. But I mentioned Lamar, Dak and Kirk and Cousins. In the regular season, we see the numbers that they put up, but we did see Lamar Goo getting that three hundred yard passing game in one hundred yard rush game. We just see Dak throw for four hundred until it was late in the ball game because at the start of the fourth quarter he had seventy three yards. And we see cousins them, So that's why people be on them. They're like, bro, I just saw you throw for four hundred yards.
Speaker 3: I just saw you do this. I saw you do that. Where where is where is that Cousin? Where is that Lamar? Where is that Dak?
Speaker 2: Right Whereas we've seen the homes throw for four hundred yards? But says, you know what, this isn't the type of game that I'm gonna throw for four hundred and then go boom boom, boom boom throws for one throws for one eight ninety with three four touchdowns. The thing is is that the really great quarterbacks understand early in the game what the game is going to call for. This game is gonna call for me to be a game manager. Ojoe I can't turn the ball over, and I'm not gonna have goudy numbers that they look at. Mahomes his last two, last two players, last two super Bowls he hed. But this one went in the overtime, so he had a little bit more. But if h Gobain look at the game against the Eagles, he had less than twenty yards, but every possession in the fourth in the second half, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, he'll goal, we win, we win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's bastly that's what they expect from you.
Speaker 1: You know what that was right? That was he was a game manager. He was a game manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For some reason that that word, that phrase, that analogy is taking connotation is frowned upon by the quarterbacks when it's really not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: The greatest game manager has been Tom Brady. Because Tom Brady within within a couple of series, can he understands what type of game he needs to play in order to win. Yeah, I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to out gun okay, Oh man, these defenses, Oh no, we cannot turn the ball over.
Speaker 3: No, no skip scooping scores nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You got to pick and choose when to be a gun Slinger and when to be a game manager.
Speaker 2: Ke On Coleman's presser goes viral two point oh hell, have a hell of a press conference for the Buffalo Bill. Let's take a listen to a key On Coleman's presser.
Speaker 1: Huh got you from here?
Speaker 5: Man? You forgotten what the score in Michigan for two years? Guess why I got this wrong though? Yeah, I know what I'm saying. You got a guess You're gonna be wrong though, But guess na misis? What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They on the on the rack, all the colors look seventy nine eighty nine. Nice little deal. You can get the trench code for like one hundred dollars. Nicely.
Speaker 6: I take it up personally. I might go get some more colors. I need a blue one, in a in another red one. Yeah see, I ain't I ain't know nothing about Thanksgiving. I get you see, I'm I'm shopped like my mom. I get my coat in the summertime. Come on, now, you got to shop to season a season or two before, just in case, you know, any be cheaper because you're going Thanksgiving everybody and Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying? Who is starting with oh we can go my bad hood up this.
Speaker 6: All right? Bro, I'm ja making Sean who we ain't trying to set him up? Who who we got going first?
Speaker 3: Hey, he's just he's just been talking with three minutes about this thing on.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, I like him, I love I love that's by guy.
Speaker 1: His energy, his aura obviously uppear and that started at home. Yes, that discipline. He's sitting there talking about everybody laughing and joking. He he well you're coming. You just came to the NFL, You just got drafted, and you already got it up here, especially when it comes to spending your money. So if you already like that, if you already financial the conscience like that. But we ain't got to worry about him now if you take that same energy that we just saw in that press conference and you implement it on the field and be the same dog I'm used to seeing the FSU man shoot game over man.
Speaker 2: He can be special because he because you hear the way you talk, So that means advertisers and sponsors love to get behind him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he got the personality, he got charisma. You see. The thing that I like about him is the thing that. A lot of athletes make mistakes, O Joe. You know what they do? What's that They spend money they haven't received yet. Come on, talk now, and that's where you're running to the problem. Come on, talk now. Am I spending what I don't even have? But I'm gonna get it?
Speaker 1: But you don't have it because you gotta borrow it. So guess when you borrow it, you guess what you got to do. You got to pay it back.
Speaker 2: You're gonna pay back some money with interest when you could just wait and you ain't gotta pay for no interest.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You see that. People don't understand. Well, you know the interest rate. So what's your interest rate? Interest rates? Seven eight percent?
Speaker 1: So I got a question. You know, most of the time your agent give you, your agent give you a loan. Right now, you got to give you back to your agent. So you think the agent charges interests as well or whatever they give you, they just allow you to pay just that back. I'm just curious how do you think that worked.
Speaker 3: I've never take you out a loan. I took that a loan from my brother.
Speaker 1: So I mean, before I'm about I'm talking about before you get drafted down the agent, know the agent, and know where you're going.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they probably go.
Speaker 2: They probably go. They're probably going to a bank. They probably going to a bank and getting and getting a loan against future earners. So yeah, hell yeah, I'm assuming. Now I could be wrong, O Joe, but I'm assuming he's going to get a line of credit. Mm hmm, Yeah, I got you, I got I don't think. I don't think he wait and got a line of credit because he told you. You get where I got this from? And they got him in a bunch of colors too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got got his head on right and start that started home. That that's from mama, that's from mom my, Mom, and old boy. That's that's all. That's all parenting right there. The discipline is overad there. But I know you're gonna see this even though you got your head on right. But you put in too much work. You put in too much work to get to this point in your life. You gotta treat yourself. You gotta treat yourself what you wanted to get. Oh, it's on him, it's on him. You gotta think that's it's been a childhood dream of his to get to this point in life for one to be able to take care of yourself. Most importantly, take care all the people that made the sacrifice to make sure you got to this point, Mom, dad, whoever else that is immediate family, It might be coaches who know. I don't know his personal circle. But you have to treat yourself for finally making it for all the hard work. You got to take care of yourself. But sure, I ain't even worried about you, because just listen to your talk. You got your head on right, but you got to You got to treat yourself to something nice, man, something you've alids dreamed of and then didn't take a back seat and playball. That's it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I had a FOURD little blazer with closed seats that was taking care of myself because we ain't never had anything better than that.
Speaker 3: So that was good. You know, my brother guy, I graduated, Why did not not that that year? I got it.
Speaker 2: I got a Rolex the year after my first year because I went back to Savannah State and got my degree, and my brother got me got me a roly with the Jubilee bracelet. Uh band, So uh yeah, I mean I bet I just love him. I just love his kid, and I love his I love his mindset, I love how he thinks. You know, I remember a lot of guys that came in my draft. Oh Joe, right, I mean, bro, I'm like, I'm gonna seventh round, you sixth rounder.
Speaker 3: You ain't made that much more money than.
Speaker 2: Me, and you getting path finders, and you getting a Cherokee grand You remember the Cherito Creek. They used to have a limited Cherokee. So the black one had black rims, the red with that red rims, the white hair.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the hell is he doing?
Speaker 3: We had a dude that was a free agent. He went and got one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Did he make did he make the team?
Speaker 2: He was on practice squad. Okay, so his whole his whole check. Oh, practice squad wasn't making money like him now he got on there. That was nineteen ninety. Things a little different back then. Hell yeah, if I was making sixty three, ain't nowhere in hell he was. He probably making half.
Speaker 1: That mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, and then you got where you're gonna stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah that you gotta have a you know, I mean, my my apartment back then was fined five fifty mm hmmm dank five fifty two bedrooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you now you see why I slept at the stadium in my first two years. I want to spending Now, I wasn't spending none of that.
Speaker 3: D Dan Ree will will have at you, but they would never know you there.
Speaker 1: I was in the players lounge. Player lounge had everything you know. You know, it's plus you know this two thousand.
Speaker 2: And First of all, how you gonna be there? Because you know, I don't know how your coaches did it, but I coached you. Wasn't leaving them coaching, leaving ten eleven o'clock at night. Coaches don't walk through the locker room though. I remember my first year, first year I had Dick lee Bow. Dick Labo was cool. Dick Lebow might be one of.
Speaker 1: The coolest coaches Everick Bow was walking through the locker room. Martin Lewis second year, he was cool. Just met him, you know, Boom. Nobody had any idea.
Speaker 3: They always knew. I was the first one.
Speaker 1: They practiced at that stadium every morning.
Speaker 3: Ojo. But you have to understand, back then they had expanded the man.
Speaker 2: Look here, bro back then, when I played the player line, you might can get ten people in there, and the players lounge was where you actually ate that was.
Speaker 3: That was the players lounge. It was I mean, guy really signed the locker. Yeah, it wasn't like it is now.
Speaker 1: Oh joey oh yeah yeah yeah yeah, I don't know. Our play as lounge was nice, big TV, cable box, pinball machine, arcade machine. Uh. There was a PlayStation. It was a PlayStation in two thousand and one that I forgot what PlayStation was out. Somebody had a PlayStation up there.
Speaker 3: You had everything, so all.
Speaker 1: The amenities, says, if I'm living at home, is there cafeteria? Shower? What the hell am I going to rent a place where the rookie with everything I need right here?
Speaker 2: There was no cafeteria. They brought the food in every single day. Huh yeah, they brought the food in every single day. And name, y'all ain't have a cafeteria.
Speaker 3: No, hell no, my my not my first.
Speaker 1: Hell no, we had no.
Speaker 3: We didn't have no cafeteria the whole while I was there.
Speaker 1: Wait, how did y'all eat? They brought it in, Oh like cater They catered the food y'all. Yes, okay, okay, okay, okay, I honest.
Speaker 3: And at the end. They take all that out there, so you've been home rhythm mofo oh Joe.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Guys, now get breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They got everything you piscatar a. I don't eat fish. I like salmon, I like try.
Speaker 3: I like see.
Speaker 1: They got it everything.
Speaker 2: They need to get such and such, need to get eighteen great, you know needs these get more protein. Blah blah blah. They making the shakes for you. They could get Hey, could I get a can? I get two omeles. Let me get a little cheese, Let me get some bacon, Let me get some mushroom.
Speaker 3: They doing that right there, Oh for you.
Speaker 1: They got everything. Listen, nah that that that the inside of that bangles locker room now and amnities that they have shake machines, all the healthy stuff, all the red all of it's crazy. It's bananas. It's bananas. And obviously I didn't we had a nutrition iss back then when I was playing. I ain't no disrespect. I ain't paid them no mind because you already know what I was eating. I ain't pay them to mind. Hell, ke Man, did you see that on Twitter today? You see what his diet is yeah, clip and listen. No, no, he ain't listen. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it ain't broken, if it saying like pooping the cop, if it's not broke, pooking the cour eight McDonald's all season long, look at the type of season you had. Don't go out there and listen to Cooper Cup. And I mean that all with all due respect to the triple crown winner. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I can't if if keon Coleman's play is equivalent to that press conference and that confidence he has, young bull Bey top top ten easily within his second year. All it has to do is if if it matches up, if the talking to play matches up on Sunday, and look who the quarterback is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know you know the ball coming. Guys, y'all are coming. They looking at guys today and they look at all that money. You do realize that when I got in the league, there was no free agency, so there was not guys got I mean a million dollars was as ton of money. You gotta realize what some of these guys are making in a year. The owners bought their franchise for what these guys make in a year.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm broh.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I know ninety seemed like a long time ago, but everybody didn't have kitchens.
Speaker 3: Everybody catered, you had the food brought in. There was nothing like now.
Speaker 2: Uh now Baltimore what uh my last year in Baltimore, I think my last year they had they were prepared, you know have you know you want scramble egg, you know you want egg, you want arms and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But it was simple stuff. It's not like it is now. The way it is now. You literally everybody can go order whatever they want mm hm.
Speaker 2: Pancakes, French told whatever, they got, waffle makers, they got whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Whatever you we go to a restaurant and or look at the menu and order.
Speaker 2: They have it at these facility, well a lot of these, I'm not gonna say all, but a lot of these facilities.
Speaker 3: I know they have it at the Broncos. Now, I know the.
Speaker 2: Ravens have it, But it wasn't like it. It wasn't then like it is now. And so that's what I'm saying. That's why people athletes are getting better. They get better knowledge, they got better nutrition, they got better training. You know what I'm saying, So you should improve. That's called evolution, that's called advancement.
Speaker 3: It's not a knocking.
Speaker 2: I'm not begrudging them because guess what, guys in the seventies had it better than guys in the sixties, and the guys in the eighties had it better than guys in the.
Speaker 3: Sixties and the seventies and so forth, and sold. So eventually, that's that's what you get.
Speaker 1: Keep getting better.
Speaker 3: Look at the basket, but look at the basketball guys.
Speaker 2: Look how great these guys are playing a lot later in their career, not just Lebron.
Speaker 3: Look at Steph Curry. Look at Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant number are better post a chilly surgery then they were prior. Yeah, that's signings, that's medicine, that's technology. Guys know how to eat, they know how to train. They getting that hyperbaric chamber, they get their blood measure. You eat specifically for your Hey, it's a science. When they say you, what's the guy name for the Raiders, the left headquarterback. I can't think of his name off the top of my head. But his dad he didn't never had a big mac his dad trained him. Now they got these guys. Now, oh Tom Marinovich that was his name, Oh from usc Yes, yeah, he came out of You have to be todm y rinderviitch hey. But now on chow these guys, what do they have on yoe? You ain't know nobody on your team that got a personal chef?
Speaker 3: Did you.
Speaker 1: Back then?
Speaker 3: I bet you four five guys per team not got personal chefs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, added expense to me, I consider it to be unnecessary. But whatever works for you and you you you feel that you need to do, I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: I'm all for it. But here's the thing. It's like, Okay, I'm gonna put a studio in my home. People say that's an added expense.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Nightcare pays bills. Your body is what pays them bills. Your body is what helps you make that money. So I'm gonna get somebody. Because here's the thing. That is what I always tell people by eating out that restaurant is cooking for a thousand people. My chef cooking for one exact amount of protein, the exact amount of carbohydrates, everything, sodium, everything to the tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what McDonald's did for me, whatever took care of me from the tea. McDonald's doted my eyes and crossed my t's, which is why I was who I was.
Speaker 3: I liked it.