Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This, of course is Fantasy Bros MLB Live. It is me, Joey p Joe Pi's appear with me as though well should. I just got to hang out with for an entire week in Las Vegas. I came out unscathed. Welsh not so much. But you gotta get that hand sanitizer, Welsh. It's a dirty place, Las Vegas. That's what.
Speaker 2: Well, when you go to bed at nine pm every single night, Joey, you're probably gonna do a little bit better than us in Vegas who were out a little later than nine pm.
Speaker 1: I did not go to bed at nine pm. I did go to bed at around midnight. And some of the other guys went out there to play. That's that's their prerogative. My wallet is full, my lungs are empty. So I'm a happy boy right now. But we are ecstatic as we are back here hanging out with you guys, taking questions, talking all of you. We missed you, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks. Don't forget to subscribe to the Fantasy Pros MLB channel, the fastest growing YouTube channel in the history of the universe. We've got amazing content. We've got big shows coming up for you this week, so you're not gonna want to miss those. The Ultimate Guide shows started dropping for Infield, for Outfield next week, we got some great pitching guests lined up. So, like I said, you're not gonna want to miss any of the content that's going on here and get you ready for all of your drafts, and of course all of your questions. You could drop them here in the chat. We will take them from you. Super chats are nable to so if you need a question asked to be answered, we can do that for you. And don't forget. Also, this is Keeper season two. If you got Keeper questions you're trying to figure out, we're happy to help you out with those. I see Wonky Penguin is here with us. It's like coming home. She's right, Kelly's right, it is like coming home. I love the Wonky pengu I'm gonna get to see the Wonky Penguin. She's coming up in March, so that's gonna be a good time there. But let's start with some news here. I see the questions filtering in. We're gonna get to the questions. I want to start with some news here. I want to start with Lad Guerrero Junior because I think that is not surprising. We'll do a wellness check on Joel Rico because Vlad Guerreau did not sign an extension. What a shock with the Toronto Blue Jays. I think the guys that have a monstrous year, I think money talks. I think he started to smell it last year at the end, and it feels like Vlad is going to go out there, test that market and get paid. Welsh, I'm looking for big things, especially with Santander now in that lineup and with a hopeful bounce back of bobus Shit, I think that Toronto lineup is going to be a lot better than people realize. Also, at the top of that lineup, some questions going on who's going to lead off? Could it be Springer? It might even be Wagner, It could be Andre Samenez too, who might be in that mix. So let's talk about the Vlattie contract. Your thoughts and what you think about that leadoff spot. How valuable it is it to one of those three guys potentially?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't think Vlattie is going to re sign, even though he wants to be, you know, there for life. He was like, were they close? No, not even close, And the blue Jays thought they were competitive for the blue Jays. So someone's gonna come in and they're going to offer six hundred million, and it's just Blue Jays are not going to get there. And I think I don't know if to pull the trigger in the season if the season falls away from them and they know they're not going to resign. But I do think the team is strong. I think Santander is in line for a big, strong season. I'll tell you, I think he's kind of a trade target, little bit batting average, susceptible. He might hurt you. And I'm also here for the bounce back of Bobachett. You'll see in the Expert Consensus Ranks, which are available on Fantasy Pros right now. You can check out ECR. You also can see the individual rankers. I am probably one of the highest on Bobachett because I really do think he's gonna bounce back and I think he's a huge, huge benefit to your fantasy team as low as he's going. So it's a good spot kind of across the board.
Speaker 1: My friend, Yes, look Fred Dinger back here. It's good to see Freddie. Look, it is like seeing all the old friends. James, A's got a question and then we're going to go to Boston. I guess they in the American Leaguees. We've got some more stuff heating up there. James keep Sandy al Contra or Boden Francis in the sixteenth round. It's a Contra for me, it's not close. I like Francis, I'm very intrigued by him, but at the same time, I can't go that route. I mean our Contra coming back. He's had a long enough time away. He's already they named the opening day starter. That feels good to me. Welsh, where do you go here?
Speaker 2: Did you say you're al Contra?
Speaker 1: Al Contra all the way? Zero chill for me.
Speaker 2: I do like.
Speaker 1: And he's gonna get traded to this year. You know he's gonna get dealt. I'm telling you that's coming.
Speaker 2: That shift, that'll be a great thing. I will tell you. I'm not one hundred percent sure if al Contra is even gonna be like really in play for the Cubs. There's a great video that's out there. I think he I think he took Shotto Emonaga just deep in some of those early practices, and I love the tool set. It's just about opportunity for him. Here's my problem with Bowden Francis is Bowden Francis had we.
Speaker 1: Talked about the same talking about the pitcher Sandy al Contra. Who are you talking about? Oh?
Speaker 2: I think this is Do you think this is a Sandy al Contra.
Speaker 1: I've talked you assume because last year he got him cheap. So James, I'm assuming you're saying Sandy al Contra. That's I'm listening to Welsh going what Sandy doing grabbing a bat? Is he changing position?
Speaker 2: Contra? If we go to Kevin al Contra, this is Bowden Francis. I just want to point this out real quick because I agree with you. Tru this okay, Sam, don't even ask this question. This ridiculous question, James, is a ridiculous question. Sandy al Contra by four million miles. But the reason he's asking the question is because of the second half by Bowden Francis. I thought Kevin al Contra was like a real question. But he had a one eight e R in the second half, fifty eight strikeouts to eight walks, over sixty five innings Bowden did, and this pretty phenomenal stuff. I mean, you know, there were some decent strikeout numbers, especially in the second half. He's a good late keeper, but not over Sandy.
Speaker 1: Not okay, thank goodness. I was like, what I thought, maybe Las Vegas changed you.
Speaker 2: First rospect guy, I went to Contra mister Cross.
Speaker 1: That guy goes right to you know, the the youngest players. They already's talking about them. Uh okay. I did the right up for both these guys. In fancy his bow Black book on Amazon right now, you can go check that out. I do all the picture profiles, and francis stunning profile. Like I'm very excited about him this year. But look, Sandy's already be named O big day starter. Sandy is a cy young candidate. You can't go past there. Also, speaking of cy young candidates returning from Tommy John, look at this segue Sean McClanahan. Uh you saw him throw a bull No, you didn't see him through a bullpen.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it. Ap I didn't. I didn't fly to Florida.
Speaker 1: That's right there with Arizona.
Speaker 2: With all this stuff going on with planes, I don't want to get on a plane again. I'm lucky I got home at this point. But no, uh, we were talking off air, Sea Sea. Mcclanahan's really important here. I was very like timid about I loved him, one of my favorite pictures. I think I had him like number one in Dynasty two years ago that injury. He was really struggled right before the injury, probably because of the injury and then coming back, there was just still some questions like what was this going to look like? We we had had some more affirmatives about Sandy al Contra. Two things make me feel great. A. They already announced McClanahan is good go. They're not going to have any type of limitation. A. That's awesome for me. B Through a session just the other day, we're talking February ninety seven, ninety eight. I love seeing that he's already on the top of the v Low. It's one of the best change ups in baseball. Just getting a full season with like very minimal maybe holding back makes me feel way better. And he is a freaking steel man, and I think I had him too. Low. I'm going to take a look here.
Speaker 1: I want to say yeah, I want to say they're in that fifty range, like fifty to sixty. I think from what I saw over the weekend. I don't know if that's changed. Fifty to sixty one in the overall pitching ranks. Right now in Fantasy pros.
Speaker 2: He's won twenty five overall. That's the pitch ranks.
Speaker 1: But while you're looking for that ranking, look, look, these are two guys. Both of them I picked up in my home league last year and in the draft where I paid a buck for one and two bucks for the other one and just stashed them because I was a rebuilding team. And I'm so glad that I did, because now I've got both of those guys who could very well be aces.
Speaker 2: I think that was Sandy by the way, he was thirty. He's thirty eight, so he's higher than you were saying. But I still think that's too low. I think McClanahan legit has top twenty sp I still think there's gonna be some type of like I mean, in a full world, like you could be a top five pitcher.
Speaker 1: Oh, but like it's going to take let's wait and see, how you know, Let's let's let's wait and see him throw the hitters, and like you know, getting some game action, all that stuff, and then I agree, it's gonna be a meteorc rise in ADP for all of them. If you're in early best balls, take advantage now. If you're in early drafts, take advantage now. It's going to change. The other thing that's interesting with McClanahan too, is how this you know, new ballpark situation is going to play out for them. So being you know, away from Tampa, which was a pitcher haven, it's gonna be a little different now being outdoors in that in that ballpark. So mclann han's a good enough picture. Doesn't matter to a certain degree, but I am curious to see how it all plays out because we don't know at the end of the day, and it can't be as good probably as the situation he was pitching an indoors. So let's go to car Lows, good friend of the show. Yes, I got a question. Is Elido Cruz a number one round pick?
Speaker 2: He's trolling? He's trolling. Carlos is a troll. Carlos always trolls. I'm trying to remember who did Carlos.
Speaker 1: Troll me about the Brandon fought.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know if it was Brandon fought. Carlos definitely trolled last year the brand fought guy. It might have been, but I mean he also said all jokes aside, Uh, great season, Yes, breaking news, Elie de la Cruz is a one round pick.
Speaker 1: Or however, I think we have the graphic here? H oh it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's Carlos right there. He was the Brandon five. Yeah, let's read. This is what Carlos said. Go back, go back, no, go back to.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, seth, I got this one, seth ar.
Speaker 2: You want a great if you want a great pitcher performance today, Joe Musgrove, Charlie Morton, Garrett Crochet, Carlos Prasco. But if you want to lose points, listen to Welsh and go ahead and pick up Brandon fought. Oh what was the stat line after stupid Carlos said his comment six and he's seven strikeouts and boom goes to dynamite. Look at your actually do love you?
Speaker 1: I do love so good.
Speaker 2: It was a better time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this offseason was not kind to you. I mean, I guess it was tough there, tough for you there. Let's talk about Boston too. I saw Scott White had a great tweet about this, so I don't want to take credit for it, but he had a Game of Thrones related tweet. Uh. You know the line that Taiwan Lanister says, if you have to say that you're king, then you're not the king, right, so if Raphael Devers it was the same was the picture of Taiwen Lantis and it said if you have to say you're the third baseman, then you're not the third baseman. And I thought that was very clever. Alex Bregman taking grounders at third, like, it makes sense to move Devers off of there. It's going to make your team infinitely better defensively. You can put Devers at DH or you want to play Cossas at DH and Devors at first, Like, however you want to shake it, but to move Bregman to third, it opens up Christian Campbell at second base sooner than later, which I think is something that they would like to do. So will are you going to read too much into this early ground ball? I mean, are we overreacting here or is this something really that we should be kind of figuring out? Because right now, Rafael Devers is doing separate workouts in both field and cage work during his shoulder rehab, but the separate workouts, again we're not sure exactly. Is that also him maybe taking some work at first base a little bit and not wanting the public to see.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's pretty speculative. I don't know. I think the only issue out of all of this, or the thing to read into, is that Raphael Devers was adamant that he is a third baseman, and also his teammate Tristan Costs has just came in, and you know, it's like, hey, we could just like isolate these incidents and stuff like that, and cost this is like av yesk me Devas should be the third basement. By the way, we should never bring up the prospects. He's like, don't bring up Anthony, don't bring up Campbell. It just makes it messy. What I'm getting at is like Bregman playing at second and third, completely normal, Campbell running second, playing the outfield. This is all normal for flexibility, position, flexibility across the board. So it's not you know, it's nothing crazy. He did something to watch. It's gonna be a show. It's probably they should probably do some type of hard knock show and follow the Red.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't MLB do that? They got a million hours?
Speaker 2: Aren't hits art hits scrap? How HBO hard hits Baseball Boston Red Sox twenty.
Speaker 1: Need to pitch this to MLB network. Let's get on there. Let's pitch us to MLB network. We'll shoot it. We'll do it. It'll be fun. I mean, think about all. I mean, do I have to watch Baseball Seasons nineteen eighty one for the thousandth time?
Speaker 2: I mean, Thankers says they did follow last year. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Fred, if we didn't see it, it doesn't matter, it didn't happen, by the way, And Carlos, we love you, by the way, we're just give your car back here in the chat here.
Speaker 2: Carlos is just enough troll, like he's just the right note, like we love Yeah, it's not too much where it's like, oh well, we're gonna have to mute you. It's just it's just playful and fun enough.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you didn't remember that Carlos was the one that gave us the Brandon Fop moment last year.
Speaker 2: I remember Carlos, I just didn't remember what the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, there producer says he wants your workout routine, so you have to give him that too. It involves it involves funians. Seth, that's what it involved.
Speaker 2: I don't like funians. Actually, let's say ironic. You pick that. That would be something I do.
Speaker 1: You know, like funny and what's wrong with you? All right, let's let's move on talk about some more of your questions here before we do quick shout out. If you're getting ready for drafts, and I know you are because you're watching the channel here, you're hanging out with us. Draft Wizard is open for business, the ultimate cheat code for you to crush all of your friends and loved ones and colleagues and every fantasy baseball draft you're doing. You get expert rankings, you can do the quick mock drafts, receive real time advice, and of course you can sync your leagues for free to Draft Wizard and make sure you're using it for your real drafts too. Realistic mocks powered by expert insights. It doesn't get better than that. And to get free live advice and player recommendations every time you're on the clock. If you're ready to win, head order Fantasy ros dot com slash Mlbdraft Wizard or just download MLB Draft Wizard today, download the app wherever you get your apps, and start drafting smarter. All right, let's get to some more questions. Rene's out of question here, Reagan's Crochet or Gilbert ooh blows. Took a lot of lumps last year on the logan Gilbert Traine just want to say.
Speaker 2: I did, I did. I did get a little bit of that, and it was relative. Renee had said, pick one of these three starting pictures to be your ace. Mine is pretty clear if you've watched any of our offseason shows. By the way, we got a litany of incredible shows already on the YouTube channel. To make sure you're locked into it.
Speaker 1: It's a big word.
Speaker 2: I'm stupid, dummy, I don't I know.
Speaker 1: A few more working out for you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, if you've been following those videos, there's one picture I take all the time. It is Garrett Crochet. Garrett Crochet. I also I am in tout. I just took Garrett Crochet. It's a fifteen team draft and hold industry just murderers across the board of industry people, and I snapped up Crochet at the back end of the second round a little bit early, but I wanted, you know, in that format, I wanted to make sure to get the high end strikeouts. Really can't go wrong. Gilbert proved me wrong. I thought, the you know, like the fastball, you want this like big popping fastball to let the splitters really dominate. And I remember talking to Eno about this last year and he agreed with me. But then it was like, oh, well, the fastball just got better, and then the splitter was great. And Reagan's is Reagans as well. I mean, these are all really great. At least two of them high end strikeout options. Gilbert probably the lowest floor. Maybe Crochet is going to be a little bit more susceptible in a hitter friendly environment, but him also might lead the league in strikeouts, and there are tons and tons of win opportunities with this offensive support getting out of Chicago. So I love Garrett Crochet. I've got him at I think SP four in my rank. So Crochet is my pick. Are you different from me?
Speaker 1: I would still go Gilbert personally. Again, Gilbert's the most expensive probably of these three, I would think, although you never know, I mean, some of these expert drafts. You're seeing people you don't go early for Crochet. Crochet has got incredible potential. My question is, was it look want to get to one hundred and fifty innings and pass that again? And I think I think it'll be okay, like he had what one I think last year? You know, I think it'll be okay. Is it gonna be different environment for him? Will game matter more? More pressure, different kind of media, the whole that like, I mean, different kind of attention, different kind of pressure. I think he's up for it. Crochet is the big swing. I'll say this right, Crochet is the big swing. If you want to go for the moon, if you want to play it safer, it's Gilbert. Look, all three of them are good. You could even say, if it's in a salary cap draft, whoever comes cheaper it would be the best answer, because I don't think at the end of the day they're gonna be all that far apart in relative position value.
Speaker 2: And consensus ranks. Right now, it's actually the answer is Gilbert. I just want to throw.
Speaker 1: Out I'm not surprised. I mean, Gilbert would be a love choice too.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised about this Gilbert's four. I didn't realize this. Gilbert is SP four on the consensus ranks on Fantasy pros, Crochet is eight and Reagan's is nine. I am very pro Crochet as far as that group.
Speaker 1: A big crocheer, big big knitter, big crocheer. He loves all of it. By the way, A set sent me the link for this Red Sox thing, but it was about last year's team. I want something that's like Hard Knocks, where I'm watching two weeks of spring training and you're giving me all the stuff and all the things going on behind the sea.
Speaker 2: MLB's a free weekly live. Yeah, it catches up for the last week like hard.
Speaker 1: Right, like Hard Knocks does. That's what we want here. That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Hot hits. It's Boston on Netflix.
Speaker 1: There you go. You'll get a little glitchy there. For a second, I thought I was gonna have to get Popping Welsh out there. Joey Navarro, good friend of the show. I need help for my last keeper this year, either Jackson Cheerio for a thirteenth, Devin Willis for a twenty second, or Junior Kaminara for in eighteenth. My first keeper is Ellie for a third Jackson Cheerio for me, Bro, I love what I saw in the second half. I'm not letting that guy go back to the pool. I can always find saves, Kem and Aro. Very intriguing player, but still some work to do. So it's Cheerio for me. Still good costs on all these guys, But Cheerio is my answer. What's your as wesh?
Speaker 2: It's easy runaway jack Ex and Churio. Cavin Arrow's a really good value in the eighteenth, but it's Cheerio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would I would agree with that. All right, let's go to Coconut. Head. Is Ali Ruchman a keeper in a twelve team, five keeper dynasty league? You know, it depends on what the rest of the roster looks like. Head like, I don't know. I mean, it's it's a tricky one for me. If it's a two catcher league.
Speaker 2: Did you say it depends what it looks like? Head? Did you go, hey, Head?
Speaker 1: You know, all right, you want to go on Coco.
Speaker 2: Coconut Maybe, Guy, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go with Coco instead. Coco. You know, for me, I if it's a two catcher league, more so, I would say probably no, for me, five keepers at a twelve team league, I gotta imagine, And again it depends on the other names out there, but I don't know. I don't think that's where I'm going. How about you, it's close.
Speaker 2: I mean that's that's sixty players in a twelve team with five So sixty players off the board and of dynasty is somewhere between, probably like fifty and eighty. Depending you're looking at everybody else's ranks, you could have an advantage. I would imagine the person that has William Contreras is going to keep him, So that's one catcher off the board. But if it's like should I keep Tristan Cassis or Adley? I would take Cassius or even if you start pushing down some of the maybe a few of the younger names. So it's a fringy, yes, you can keep him, But I would say if it's a over another top fifty guy, here's a really interesting one. What about Adley versus Lawrence Butler? Because Butler was great, but he's unproved, he's unproven in a line, and it's gonna he has a half season of improvement, So are you willing to chew off Adley for that half season of Butler.
Speaker 1: I am, and I'll tell you why. Because of the ballpark shift right playing in Sacramento, I think it's a much more favorable ballpark. I really like that lineup. I like what I saw out of bla Day. I think, you know, Jacob Wilson's coming. They got all these prospects coming through there. I think this is a much longer better lineup than people realize. And I think Butler showed you big time tools right. And if it's a Roto situation too, the stolen bases are gonna matter. Like I mean, Butler was the hottest guy in baseball for what a good six weeks span in July and August. I mean, the guy was just unreal. So I'm in. I'm I'm there for Lawrence Butler, and I'll roll that dice with him. Rutchman, I gotta see. I gotta see him have a dominant season. Yet he's had a nice season and a disappointing season. I think a little bit I want to see. I want to see it'll put all together before I'm keeping him. Jordan, By the way, I love that we have so many people here already. We barely advertise this today. Everybody's here hanging out with us already. I love you people. You guys are the best. This is very long.
Speaker 2: Producers had to remind us, by the way, because we came back from Megas. Hey the Lawron's.
Speaker 1: You got a live stream on Wednesday four o'clock. We're like, oh, what you know, Well, she's all hungover. He lost all his money.
Speaker 2: At the hungover. I'm sick. You're sick in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Jordan Jordan choked by the way. You want me to call him by his last name, or you want to stick with Jordan?
Speaker 2: You know what, head and choke, let'sn't choke.
Speaker 1: Let's just chances. James would is a top twenty pick next season. I would say very good on a scale of one to five. Five being the fact that he was a he'd be a twenty A top twenty over pick next year, I would say four and a half stars. That's where I'm going there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I could give you like arbitrary percentages. I would say, like, you know, like forty percent chance, forty five percent chance. I mean maybe that's even a little too high. Projections are pretty favorable in James Wood's favor. I really think he's improved his back to ball skills left and he's hitting left his n righties, which I think is so key to him. Big exit velocities, strikeout numbers obviously got to come down, but like he's a big tools player, he's probably gonna easily steal twenty. I think he could be a thirty twenty guy. But in that same token, it's funny, that's how I thought about o'eil Cruz last year, and Cruz improved his batting average but was stealing more bases than hitting homers. So I don't know. I think the floor for James would twenty twenty. The ceiling could be thirty thirty, and what's the gap between that. You know, getting him outside the top twenty and inside it's pretty good. So maybe when I say forty percent doesn't sound like a lot to you guys, that is like you got to crack the top twenty. He definitely can get there. It's a pretty good high probability, and that is why I'm investing in him. Him on the upside, play Langford with a little bit of the floor, Give me one of those players in every single draft I do.
Speaker 1: We've got a celebrity of the chat friend of mine, Trevor Sikama. I can only assume this is Trevor. Trevor, how you doing, buddy? Saw you on NFL Network. If it's you, trev I know you're big sports guy. Hi. So Trevor wants to go keep Tetis for Churio. This is a very tempting here. It's very tempting to take Cheerio. But I think I would lean towards Tetus for this year, like I'm always trying to win. Right now, you could, you know, see another sophomore adjustment phase potentially here at Cheerio.
Speaker 2: But I think tech we got something better from Trevor. He gave us, He gave us more fur more information. This will help here. By the way, I thought this was when I saw it. The TJ. Sikimo is a picture for.
Speaker 1: Kama, who is a draft genius. You know there out there.
Speaker 2: No I understand, but I'm saying there's not so many Skimas out there. But there's a picture TJ. Sikima. So shout out but Tatis for thirty five, now Cheerio for twenty six. And it looks like we also got Kittel for twenty seven. These schemes for twenty in there. Yeah, so it looks like I was.
Speaker 1: Clearly watching the channel. That's all I could say from looking at this team.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's locked into maybe Skeens and Strider, and then he's choosing between Cheerio and Tatis. With that question. Based on this, I would take the discount I think with Cheerio. I really like Tatis, but I don't think Cheerio's that far off from Tatis, and that discount could be pretty big. But I also personally would probably go Tatis, Churio and Scheme.
Speaker 1: That's what I would just see that. That's what I would be doing too. I would be going Skiens to I would throw Kittel Marte back in the pile and realize its Strider. Although at nine dollars extremely tempting. That would be one where again you throw him back in there, and what you go draft him for twice as much. At least you know he isn't going to be back, you know, till good three months into the season if there's no setbacks. And I think that's always a hard thing too, because you look at a guy like Strider and you know what the upside is you've seen it. It's spectacular. But at the same time, you also have to understand while he's he's going to miss a significant portion of the season. You don't know if there's a setback. And when you only have a limited amount of keepers, you keep that guy and things don't go well where it gets pushed back and he doesn't come back for another like an extra month or six weeks. That really crushes you. So I'm with Welsh cheerio tatis schemes. I keep those big three and I roll and then I figure the rest out there. Good stuff there. Here's here's another question we've got here too. This one is from Hawk. Keep Lindor in the third or Ozuna in the seventeenth.
Speaker 2: I mean those are like two different, completely scoped things. A Zuna is like just whether or not you believe.
Speaker 1: Ozuna can continue to do what he's been doing, or do you believe that Lindor continues to be a premium player.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you an answer. If I'm gonna give a couple of an actually it's your job. Well I could not. I could just be like, get out of here, Hawk. If this is a low amount of keepers, I really just don't care about the discount. I'm taking Lindorf. This is like three keepers, four keepers. I'm keeping Lindor because he's the best player, middle infield, first round talent. If this is like you need to save on the discount, I guess I can't. You know what, I can't not keep Lindor here. I'm a he said, four keepers, keeping Lindor third. He's the best player. Ozuna is a really good value. I think he's gonna like, well, Lindor. I agree, it's well gonna push over the seventeenth round value. But Lindor's the play.
Speaker 1: Lindor's the play for me to give me the premium guys at a slight discount over the guys that have had good seasons. But I mean, I know Ozuna in the past too. We've seen him have good years and then disappear. You know, I don't think Lindor's disappeared. And the idea of Lindor hitting in front of one soda this year is six to midnight baby, like all day soon.
Speaker 2: It's going to destroy that rank value. But Lindor is also going to beat his and he's a first round talent, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Like that. You like concise. That's the Welsh right there. Adam points league Gunner, Henderson or Lindor. I think I know Welsh will say.
Speaker 2: Here Gunner, it's always Gunner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree here. I would agree on that one too.
Speaker 2: To Gunner and tout always Gunner.
Speaker 1: There you go, Oh so tout happened for you already.
Speaker 2: We're in it right now. I'm three rounds in sop. We're in a slow draft, OBP. I started Gunner because I took the sixth spot. I took Gunner over Jose Ramirez just for a little bit of a tiny bit of obb push, and then I decided to go crochet on the back, and then I went closer in the third round. So doing a very draft and hody type of thing.
Speaker 1: Mike was a Mike good to be back, Mike Carlos. Let's get Carlos a real thing here. So Otani and Judge are gone. Who's your number three? Bobby Wit for me? Zero chill hesitation there for me, Carlos, you ZiT o.
Speaker 2: Bobby Wit always bym Bobby Witch should be too.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say I would take him over Judge. I'm okay, I'm having some early investments this year in Bobby Witt for MVP. By the way, I'm writing this narrative about the Royals, and I think there's fatigue with Aaron Judge a little bit, just saying and I like how things are. I think Josey Ramirez and I think Bobby Witt are really intriguing, both of them because they really are the standalone guys, and I think they're gonna get a ton more of attention this year. So look at those two guys for early MVP. When you're trying to invest early, we're gonna be betting stuff too. By the way, you know we were talking before about Draft Wizard. I also want to remind everybody about the Draft Assistant. So if you use the Draft Assistant, it's going to make your decision making process so much easier. It's going to connect directly to your draft. So once again, download the app Sink your leagues for free. Did I mention it for free? And you're gonna get real time suggestions from the draft sync that's going on there the players whom I get taken. It's going to give you the pig Predictor. You're gonna see all these stats. It's going to tell you the player after you. You know, the two picks after you already have closers, so don't take one here you can wait on the return. Draft Assistant fully integrates, customizes your cheat sheets, and suggests picks based on your rankings or the rankings you choose and consensus. You can build your team the right way and experience a smarter way to draft right now at fancybros dot com slash assistant again, that's fancybros dot com slash Assistant, or on the MLB Draft Wizard app download that bad boy today. Let's get you.
Speaker 2: Could set it up Joe where it's like Joe and Welsh are drafting with you. You can put in Joe and Welsh's ranks. You could be powered by us, and it's like having us draft your team for better or for worse.
Speaker 1: By the way, all right, we're gonna try to bang out some more quot We did not expect this much love on February nineteenth. I gotta be honest with you, which is very exciting. It makes us very excited for what's coming here. So let's try to get through here.
Speaker 2: Christian bosses will be very happy.
Speaker 1: Is Cody Bellinger a steal at ADP. I don't want to use the word steal yet because I don't think it's quite steel, but I do think it's a value position, flexibility, love the ballpark factor for him. Two. New York's not going to be too big of a stage because Cody Bellinger does not care. So I'm in on Bellinger at his ADP. I don't know if I use the word steal. Welsh your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to use the word steel because I think there are there's a mass quantity of first base eligible players that are going so much later than what I think their production is. Christian Walker toes the line of being a value Cassis toes the line, Josh Naylor, they're right there, and then you got Goldie Goldie in like the one forties with Bellinger in there, there's upwards of between four and six first basemen. They're just really really good value. So I'm very much into all of those guys being it. But I'm not going to single out because also Bellinger's still weird profilely stuff. We'll see if New York cures it all, but he's definitely in one of those good ones.
Speaker 1: Ark I got an answer for this question, how do you get on a mock draft live stream with the Welsh and Joey, I'll tell you by joining our discord. Go to fantasypros dot com slash chat join that bad boy, it's free, and then there's a mock draft channel in there. And then when we do the mock drafts for the shows, we'll post in there and say, hey, we need twelve people for our mock or whatever we need this. You know, high of this day, RK. If you're fast enough on the trigger, you can get in there. The football ones are insane. They literally fill in four seconds. It's crazy. So baseball you got a little bit more time. It's more like thirty to forty seconds. So you're pretty good on there. I will tag the channel in them. We've got a bunch of those coming up, so OURK get in there. Everybody again on a discord too. Also, we're gonna have some new exciting ways to watch Leading Off live this year. Stay tuned for that. It's gonna be very exciting. No, it's not on you know, CBS or ABC or any of those major networks yet Sunday. Thanks not for hit Pieza, Pa Welsh. It's gonna be amazing, all right, TJ. Two part question here for TJ. Let's say, would you keep Gilbert for a second or quant for a twenty second and then other keepers are Ramirez for a first and Sale for a ten and then the other option here. Oh no, it's the same key. Just put it in there twice. TJ just really wanted I thought there was more information there. Look, man, you've already got Jose Ramirez, You've got Sale Gilbert and Sales incredible value there, an incredible one to two punch. I would say, yes, Kwan is a nice player, but I want impact guys, and Gilbert's an impact guy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Yeah, a best piece of strategy. This is at least just for me. If you have a small keeper set up anywhere from one to four, five toes of the line, I'm keeping the best players. I don't worry about money values.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If you play in a keeper that's like eight, and I know eight is you're inching closer to dynasty, but you're not quite there. Eight. I'm going to care more about my values, Like, holy crap, now I have picks, you know whatever, three through five. If I'm only keeping three players or two players or four players. I'm really going to be more hyper focused on the best because Kwan and Gilbert are I think Kwan's a really good piece for your fantasy team this year. They're not close the best player. Go in with Sale Gilbert and uh, come on, you're gonna feel really good. You're gonna get an.
Speaker 1: MVP and tu Cy Young's I mean that had to help a way to start any league. I don't care what it'll be solid the big dance, I can't tell. I think it's just a little Debbie will Ferrell picture, but it could be a little I don't think it's a Jackson Holiday little Debbie.
Speaker 2: I make this really big. Let's see that is? I think little? Yeah, I think that's just a not so little.
Speaker 1: To not so little Debbie. ESPN. The ten team Rodo Keeper League can select up to ten current keeper selected Albe's Gestures and Cheerio Harris, James Wood Wheeler, Nola Schwellenbach. I could also keep Devin Williams, Royce or Heal. So who do you want to keep?
Speaker 2: So we got to add two of the three. That's how we could have asked the question. Two of these keep Devin Williams I know you have Wheeler Nola's don't do.
Speaker 1: You dirty, little minx. You you want to keep Lewis and get all dirty and twenty twenty five, I know you do.
Speaker 2: Now, I really don't making him super gross. I like Royce. He's super gross. Now. I just did a show and x.
Speaker 1: FIP and all those numbers are screamingshion this year screaming.
Speaker 2: The only thing I want to throw out is I did a show go check it out in this league where we did ranks, and we looked at all the ranks across the board, and there's a couple spots where Royce is ranked really high. I believe ESPN might be the spot that has him like crazy, crazy high. You already have three pitchers and that I think I would go with Royce and just seeing if he bounces back. I kind of think everybody hates heal a little too much. There's still big strikeout potential, but I probably would go with Royce on that one. And Devin Williams is a no brainer.
Speaker 1: All the original little Debbie right here. Oh boy, I'm looking for a bounce back. It's my second year in the league and things are gonna go much better than last year, I'm Jackson.
Speaker 2: Holiday, I'm the starting second base.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be so much better. Guys, you can depend on me this year. It's gonna be great. He's so energetic. I love that about him. Just an energetic guy. You know what, We need the energy here to do baseball season. It's a long season. It's a fresh season here. Ezekiel Tovar, Freddie wants to know what's the ceiling look like. Hey, Tovar was one of my guys last year, and I was very pleased. I thought he would be solid, and he was. He was well out performing as ADP. I think we just saw last year is pretty much what you're going to get again until the lineup gets better around him, like until things really start to pop for this offense. And I don't necessarily know that's going to happen. Mayetolia happens, and you know, Doyle has another good season and it can collectively rise him a little bit more. But I think we just saw last year is what you should expect to be buying it. I wouldn't be buying him thinking there's another level quite yet to Tovar. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Wesh, Yeah, I'm not sure like there's a part of me that my reaction was going to be, like it's like a Carlos Korea ish type, Like he runs a little bit more, but his running regressed. He was single digitsolen bases last year the power went up. You know, he uses Colorado to a decent degree. He doesn't have crazy home road splits, but he also doesn't walk. So I actually think you're looking like the ceiling is a little bit more. I would say it's thirty ten, thirty ten with like a two seventy five average, which is really good. Maybe you're starting to become Willia Damas. Maybe Willia Damas would be the ceiling for him. I'm just not so sure we get there because he still is like a frickin' whiff king thirty three point five percent whiff rate, it was bottom ten percentile of the league. He doesn't walk. Those things are not good. So I think you're kind of sealing it seeing it. But the ceiling is like a thirty ten.
Speaker 1: Great question for Christian Hernandez, what round are you guys taking your first closer? And I don't want to say round necessarily, but the pool that I'm swimming in, and you'll see it on the mock drafts. It's the Ben Joyce, Fairbanks, Jordan Romano. I want that last here because the worst thing you can do is overpay for the guys in the middle. I'm just gonna wait get that bottom third group. I'll get two guys there and then I'll play the waiver wire. Welsh just took one now in the first round. He's he's dead.
Speaker 2: I didn't take it in the first round.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I want to say that I'm more likely in eighty percent of my leagues, I'm gonna probably go later. I'm gonna be looking at like the Andris Munnos. Maybe I take one a little bit higher. I'll take like a somewhere between closer eight and twelve, and then maybe i'll take like one more between like fifteen and twenty. I like Jordan Romano. Ryan Walker just got confirmed on his closing role and then a later one, so I'm a little bit more invested. But in tout draft and Hold, I just took Emmanuel Classe in the third round because it's a fifteen team industry. I had a huge swing coming back. Draft and Holder a little bit different. So it's sometimes league dependent. Most of the time, it's gonna be later investments around is kind of tough to say. I don't know, like probably like the eighth or ninth or something like that. Love this.
Speaker 1: I prepared all this other stuff thinking that, you know, it's just gonna be you made today, and look at all these people, look at all.
Speaker 2: This, No, we gotta roll questions. Maybe I love this Sean.
Speaker 1: Malone, Churio or Altuve for Dynasty three Outfielder League and already have Judge and Julio, So so what have a great out field? Have three number one outfielders? Don't invest in guys who are in their mid thirties, you know, at this stage in their careers. I just I don't think it's necessary. Show like I understand the thought process which are like, hey, I've already got to elite outfielders in theory, but Julio again needs to put together a whole good season. I would be having Julio, I'll be having Cherio, I'll be having Judge and not overthinking this one. How about you Welsh?
Speaker 2: It's not even close. I also like that it's he was spelled similar to the tasty long treat of a chiro. Ah, have you had it? When the last time he had a churo.
Speaker 1: Actually, I will tell you. First of all, I love cheero's. Second of all, there's a breakfast place near me, Bridgewater Cafe. Shout out a Bridgewater Cafe. Maybe they'll give me a DiscT. Probably not, but great breakfast spot. They do a little like dessert breakfast thing where it's like a churo bowl. It's a bowl made out of churros basically, and they put the vanilla ice cream in there. Oh it's so good.
Speaker 2: Well that sounds amazing. I feel like my history with cheerros. I haven't had one in forever. I'm like, oh my god, that looks great, and then I have it and I'm like that was underwhelming. So I haven't had one.
Speaker 1: And in Philly great place too, a Mexican restaurant that I like to go to in Philadelphia where on the menu they have a churro that's got chocolate piped inside of it too, so when you open it up or you bite into it, it's like oozing chocolate. Yeah. I mean, I would think we out in Arizona. You're getting good cheerros. What the hell's going on? Man?
Speaker 2: I haven't had one a long time, don't know I shall look around.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You gotta get out more.
Speaker 2: We got cheerio, We got cheerio.
Speaker 1: Not enough churros here on the show. We're gonna get more. All right, let's get a Scott's question here, Hunter Brown, Glass, Now Freed or Louis Castillo need to e ra a whip K's wins and quality starts.
Speaker 2: These are good choices.
Speaker 1: So this is the wheel of health, is what this is with Freed and Glass.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I love Glass.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: My problem for Glass now here is to me, he is a de gram light And what I mean by that is no. But this is what I mean by it is South funny.
Speaker 1: I just you just call it me, that's all.
Speaker 2: When he's pitching, he's incredible. He's like a top twelve sp But the injury things are out there. So for me personally, I'm taking the upside of Glass. Now, I'm not interested in Max Freed in New York. Hunter Brown definitely could be the pick. I think I might go safety with Luis Castillo. There's some trade rumors out there, but you're still in one of the best ballparks. Tiny ish regressiony stuff, but like I love the staff. They did pick up a few pieces on offense, the ballpark is gonna maintain some stuff. I think Castillo actually provide you a little bit of a floor. Glass now is a huge upside. Hunter Brown is probably the best upside without the injury like Glass Now. But I'm gonna take it upside as Glass Now floors Castillo. I wouldn't kill you if he did. Hunter Brown and Castillo either, but I'm just a my glass down.
Speaker 1: So Freed is the outside looking in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, freeda isn't He's fourth on this list to me?
Speaker 1: I agree, this would that would be my three as well if you throw out. And again, when I wrote up the Black Book Picture Profiles, you know, digging deep into Hunter Brown season, God, that first month was just so bad. We're talking about e Rain, You're six. I mean, people are dropping him. The rest of the year was magical for that guy. The Houston Ashers are still gonna be a competitive team. Uh So, Castillo and Brown definitely for me, and then Freedom Glass. So it is it is just rolling the dice with the health of those guys. I'll roll the dice with the Dodger guy and just hope, I mean, we'll ever see one hundred and eighty inning season from Tyler Glasstan Welsh.
Speaker 2: Ever, I mean, if we do, we'll probably never see another season after that. The arm will just like strassog esque too.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, we're you're just waiting and waiting, and he has that one glorious year and it puts it all together. But it's tough. Here's a good one from Adam Devers, Riley or Machado and why oh oh, Adam Taskmaster look at.
Speaker 2: Very aggressive there. I would go with Raphael Devers on this one. Why I know it's very aggressive. I love the ballpark. He is the third baseman. By the way, They've got more run support in front. I'm not gonna whether he's hitting in front of Bregman or Bregman's hitting in front of him. There's more run support. Duran, you know, took such a big step up. You've got a crazy amount. If you're looking at his hitting profile of like top ten, top five percent tile of the league, one of the best, and hard hit, thirteen percent barrel rate batting average, his expected batting average supported his actual batting average. So you've got high average, high runs, high RBI, high homers. I think Riley has some of that with some injury stuff, and Machado's on the I think he's looking in on both of these two guys. To me, this is Devers, Riley and then Machato. I think Riley and Devers could be maybe a coin flip. And maybe you don't like Devers because of the weird stuff going on. Maybe the team throws him at DH and then he struggles mentally, like I could see all that stuff. But I think Devers has been just a pillar of consistency and him and Riley are a big coin flip.
Speaker 1: Like I'm Devers too, but in a draft, if you're gonna get Machado cheaper than the three and around later, Okay, Yeah, if you talk about value, I'm looking at it from the value of taking into account what you just said about dev which is is he a little frustrated, is he a little annoyed? Is he you know, is he taking this personally? Okay, Devers is the choice for me too. But if I can just wait another round and pick up a chaddo, I'll do that. And typically you can. Here's one from Linden Ozuna or Rooker for head hand Redraft League.
Speaker 2: So in Redraft, I love Rooker, I like, how'm I don't find myself taking a lot of Ozuna, To be honest with you, there are a couple of util players out there that get that out. But like I don't even necessarily care about the minor league ballpark. There are some openings there. Left field is five feet shorter, so that's going to be a benefit for Brent Rooker. I believe centerfield is either the same or five feet shorter. Also, you've got a warmer weather, so the ball could travel a little bit. And those are just things that are propping up a guy that just hit almost three hundred with almost forty homers and eleven stolen bases. I think his profile is really great. I'd love for the strikeouts to come down, but I think everything is shining. I kind of want to take him in tout coming up here pretty soon, even if it's a fourth or fifth round pick. So this is a really easy Britain Rooker. You should always like how people used to treat stolen bases. I kind of think you should treat power given the opportunity. And Rooker comes with average, which is really nice.
Speaker 1: Rooker is going like this right now, and I think Ozuna is already at that plateau. And for those of you for listen, yeah yeah, you tell only. But also you know, I think, like I said, who has the bigger opportunity to maybe drop off next year? I don't think it's Rooker. I think it would be Ozuna that one. That's how I'm looking at that situation of the two. Let's get one more in here from a fellow Joe. Joe wants to know Joe Newell, Guys, I have to keep one of the following pitchers, Schwelly Ober or Bryce Miller. Please advise. This is a tough one. It's Ober for me. I like where the trend is going. The XCR was better than the era last year. I feel like Welsh is gonna say Schwellenbach there. But I don't know if there's a wrong answer here. I think this is just what you think of these players. Swellenbach was very solid after a little bit of a shaky begin to the season, and I think Bryce Miller is still very good. I think Miller waiting for that next gear to kick in there, and maybe it will and maybe it won't. In twenty twenty five, Where are you going? If you got one pick here? Joe yeah, I should say.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, are you asking yourself, Joe? Are you talking in the third person?
Speaker 1: So when you're thinking about all of the Joe's out there and you're thinking about the pitching options, Joe, No, But what do you think wash about this?
Speaker 2: Who are we taking? Ricky? Who's Ricky? Well?
Speaker 1: Ricky?
Speaker 2: Ricky's going to answer this? I miss Ricky. They're all between like six picks of each other in ECR. By the way ranks, Bryce Miller is the number one OBErs number two, Schwellenbach is three. I I think Bryce Miller is the safest. I actually talked to Brace Miller. I got to get out to a camp and he's adding a third and I joked with him because if anyone has following my content, I talked to him two years ago and he said, I've got two sliders now, and he's like, I'm throwing the bullet and I'm throwing the sweeper, and he explained it. Now this year he's throwing a cutter and that's like there's very of a cutter into a slider. So it's like he's got the cutter, he's got the the bullet, which is like a more punch. It's just like, how many versions of this same pitch are you going to keep throwing? What I'm getting at is I love the tinkering he maintains low eras you know this, the split finger could be more of a strikeout pitch if he could get it there. I think he's this safe option here. My ceiling plays Schwellenbach, though I am in love with Schwellenbach high with and K percentages, throws ten five pitches ten percentile more of the or more of the time. I think the K numbers are going to rise. I think he has a chance to be like a top twenty sp They're all close enough that maybe I could just saye Schwellenbach. But I do think Bryce Miller's value is like right there and ironically over to me is the third of that list. So you make your choice, follow Joe, follow safety, or follow my upside.
Speaker 1: One more for you for Trevor, because I know we'll have the bug Trevor to come on draft shows in the next three weeks. Uh, you have a Moto for eighteen dollars or urroghetty for three YEA, agreed, So there you go, two for two.
Speaker 2: I mean the getty the good strikeout numbers and that that rotation might be a good value. But yeah, my motor's price isn't like too much.
Speaker 1: Now, look, if you haven't been watching the channel, you're just hanging out here again. We had Jeff Ponce on the show a couple weeks ago talking prospects. A great show there on the YouTube channel. Check that out. The Ultimate Infield Guide Outfield Guide are all dropping here next week. We've got the Pitching Guides coming out here. We got big guests coming up here for the Pitching Show, so make sure you stay tuned. Make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel Fantasy Grows MLB. Drop your comments below two. We're always doing fun contests there and ring the belt to the ghost ding for notification so you don't miss the next live stream because we're gonna be doing more of these in twenty twenty five, answering just your questions, no agenda, just the questions. And as great as it is to see all the old friends, it's great to see some new friends here. Some new people in this chat that we haven't interacted with. Very cool. It's a great start already we're over twenty one thousand let's get to twenty five thousand here before the season begins. We can do it again. Share it with everybody. Okay, go share the stream. Don't forget. Also download draft win Wizard. That is the way that you get successful. The ultimate cheak code is here for you. Sink your leagues for free. Use the Draft Wizard start your MOTT draft process today, and of course Draft Assistant to hook it up to your drafts. I do this for all my football drafts. I'm doing it for all my baseball drafts this year. Draft Assistant connects you directly to your draft and gives you real time pick advice. It's like having Welsh in the draft with you, with obviously no funians because Welsh doesn't like funny in something we found out, So I'll have to bring some other kind What chips you to bring into the draft?
Speaker 3: Welsh?
Speaker 2: Doritos, well, I will.
Speaker 1: I saw the cheeseburger flavored Dorito's in the store the other day and I was a little curious, but then I did not pick them up.
Speaker 2: I think the mainstay is is Cheddar, but cool ranch is like one. I like nacho cheese, like nacho cheese. Yeah, sorry, you cheese. I mean it's the stuff you.
Speaker 1: Doing out there.
Speaker 2: I will say though the cheese sun chips or the cheddar the harvest cheddar yard, yes, are super super underrated.
Speaker 1: Can I?
Speaker 2: I love this request that was out here before you get us out of here? In apologies, we didn't answer everybody's question, but I think there's a great way we should leave this show. Okay, and the Goose says, will the leading off theme song be back this year? And if you guys don't know, maybe some draft people don't follow us in season. Joe and I every single day have leading off for you. It's incredible. We have the best time. We go nuts. We I dressed up as Joe Dirt. We had wrestling masks, and sometimes we create things with AI and I worked with some of our dev team and our producers and we created an incredible song for I don't.
Speaker 1: Think Seth, nobody need it. You know you can get rid of Mike's comment here take that down because we don't have a close screen today. So maybe we'll say goodbye, play the theme song and get out here.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think so do all right, that'll do it for us. I'll play the theme song, Seth, you just sit back and enjoy. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, baseball is bad.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB