Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cow This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisilne, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison, What.
Speaker 2: Up, Cowboys Nation? Welcome in a Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by vis Line. Here in the SWBC studio, I'm your host, Nicole Hutcheson alongside Ayisha Morrison, Jessnavars, and we.
Speaker 3: Got a newkir Yeah, we got it yea in the House.
Speaker 2: Of Aldridge, Sporty anchor reporter for CBS here.
Speaker 4: Dallas.
Speaker 2: Tell us some about tell us about yourself, because a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been a little bit of everywhere West Virginia, Louisiana, Colorado, and Buffalo was my last stop, Buffalo Bills, and now I'm here having a very interesting first season with the Cowboys, because it's been not boring since I've been here. It won't ever be wait to describe it. That's very nice nuts, big.
Speaker 2: Change obviously coming from Buffalo, and now you're here in Dallas coaching change as well.
Speaker 4: Wood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, so I'm really good than.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike McCarthy is now out as the Dallas Cowboys head coach, so the search begins here in Dallas. And I know that Mike McCarthy the Dallas Cowboys have been catching strays the last couple of days, because well.
Speaker 3: The last day or so.
Speaker 6: And I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like you because I mean, granted, Mike McCarthy wasn't perfect.
Speaker 3: But he had a lot of success here. He was great the guys here.
Speaker 2: And he was just a great guy in the building as far as just being nice to the people here, myself welcoming me.
Speaker 3: And when I came in as a reporter last year.
Speaker 2: What are some good things before we break down this whole the other stuff, What are some things some interactions that you had with Micha McCarthy that you do want him to be remembered by, because again, he has been catching a lot of strays on Twitter.
Speaker 6: Now, like the best story I have about Mike. If you have children watching this, please cover.
Speaker 5: Their ears because I may or may not spoil some surprises. It was around Christmas time, and so there's your hint. If you're a parent with a child listening. And Mike had made a comment in the press conference about Santa and alluding to he has younger kids, alluding to how his adults responsibilities is a parent, and you know Santa was coming to visit, and he thought about it so much because you know, it was a big joke in the press conference. But he goes back to make sure PR comes and tell us like, hey, don't put that anywhere.
Speaker 6: Don't post it because it was a funny moment from PR.
Speaker 5: They're like, Mike doesn't want that anywhere because he doesn't want his kids to know the secret that he is.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, I just don't want kids to be watching And.
Speaker 5: Me ruined this for anybody, But to me, it was always family football, and to me that that instilled and even what he put in the players was take care of yourself, take care of your family.
Speaker 6: Football's here. But he was a very big family guy.
Speaker 5: I also remember during the Eras tour week I had asked if his daughters were going.
Speaker 6: I was like, you need friendship bracelets, Mike.
Speaker 4: You good.
Speaker 5: But overall I really do wish him well because the interactions I've had with him were always really positive, even during tough questions after tough classes, And he never made me feel dumb for asking a question. And I think as a woman in this business, that's something you run across a lot, unfortunately, from people everywhere. And Mike never once made me feel stupid for asking any kind of question, whether it was a basic football question or something.
Speaker 6: I kind of noticed. He was very poised in answering.
Speaker 5: Any questions, So I appreciate that from him, sir, kind of pigging back off that.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing I think is just respect in the media room. I've been in multiple medium rooms and you don't always get that, male or female.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: When you lose five games in a row and you go downhill like that, it's easy to kind of shut down and walk off the podium. He never did that. You know, he kind of took some shots too. I remember that controversial locker room with Michael Parsons, right, that could have won either way, but I think he handled it very well. Anything from Jerry Jones' comments that came back that might have, you know, got spun a little bit like. He handled it like a champ. He went up there and he was trying to win games. And I think that back half of the season really speaks to what Mike McCarthy was all about. He really, I think everyone here could agree he did not lose that locker room. You know, ceedee lambs out there playing with the really hurt shoulder when they have nothing to win at that point. I think it speaks a lot. But I'm definitely just the respect that aspects what I'm going to remember about Mike Lncthudy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm kind of similar to you ladies, kind of standing in that same realm. I think for me personally, my best experiences with him as someone that is still very much so learning this game in depth and stuff and trying to sharpen my film study and master my craft. His willingness to teach me offline in moments and even in press conferences if I mentioned a question he wanted to talk football, so he would talk.
Speaker 6: Football back to me, reassure.
Speaker 7: Me I'm on the right track, which is a lot of things like that's reassuring as well, like Hey, my film studies being validated by one of the best minds in this game like that continue to help me, you know, want to continue to get better and just to take some of his teaching and some of the other coaches teaching has helped me to be a better analyst for you guys and to be you know, better on this show. So that's not something that I take lightly as well. So yeah, that mentorship, little bit of mentorship I've gotten from him, is something I really value in my career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like to figure back all that as well.
Speaker 3: But I'll never forget the time that I was grabbing coffee.
Speaker 4: This was like week three, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was early in the season this year, because again I remember I started with October.
Speaker 3: Second October last year.
Speaker 2: October doesn't matter, it's all the same, all right. And so I was grabbing coffee and he comes behind me. He's like, hey, Nicole, right, and I was like, wow, head coach knows my name.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm moving up in the world.
Speaker 2: Uh No, but he we I never really talked like about myself obviously to head coach mich McCarthy has at so many things on his mind on his plate, but he was just asking me like, oh, where are you from.
Speaker 3: I haven't you know, just talked to you one on one, like, you know, how's your parents did it out?
Speaker 2: Just being so nice right, And then one thing he had told me was like, I know that a lot of people may not notice your work, but your work it doesn't go unnotice.
Speaker 3: You're doing a good job here.
Speaker 6: And so I was like, wow, I'm the head coach.
Speaker 4: I love it here.
Speaker 2: But no, he's he's been great since I got here last year.
Speaker 3: So wishing nothing but the best for Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: But now it is time to talk some ball and coaching options.
Speaker 3: But let's start with this.
Speaker 2: We're y'all shocked at all about Mike McCarthy in the news that you guys heard yesterday that he would not be returning back here as the Cowboys head coach.
Speaker 7: No, the only part I was shocked about was the timing.
Speaker 8: They weren't even do a no talk. They wouldn't even negotiations.
Speaker 4: That's the part that said me. I thought he was gonna stay.
Speaker 7: I given just kind of the energy and just how things felt, I thought that maybe that he wouldn't be here. But the biggest thing that the only part that surprised me, like him leaving didn't surprise me, It was the they didn't even talk about no numbers.
Speaker 9: I said, oh yeah, y'a even do mediation, even divorce.
Speaker 4: Listen, not the mediation.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: I was like, I think, honestly, I'm gonna flipp it a little bit. I think what I think Garry Jones was surprised. That's what I think. I think he this is the Dallas Cowboys. Everybody wants to be here. I've been praising Mike McCarthy up and down, even though he you know, at the end of the day, the numbers aren't there. This is not the Dallas Cowboys. Expectations were not met. But I'm gonna just I'm gonna you know, they've been they were friendly the entire time. Anytime you you know, see them in the building, their lafe and dad, I'm gonna just sneak this over m and Marthy and his agent, who is very well known in this business. That's not good enough. And that's why I feel like we're talking about what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna say I wasn't surprised, And after the news hit, I kind of went back and I was telling you shawd this. Earlier I was kind of looking at press conferences from Mike and kind of comparing them to even last year. Something felt different from his side, And I'm not saying he was checked out or whatever, like it just felt very different. And I think there was maybe a straw that broke the camel's back for Mike and the decision was made. But I wasn't surprised. And you know, putting it in human terms of our day to day and work, if you're Mike McCarthy kind of having to deal with the stuff that he deals with and the span to which he deals with it being the Cowboys head coach, Yep, that's gonna get old real quick. And he's handled it with grace. And I think enough could only be enough so much and you get where you get.
Speaker 6: And yeah, I wasn't surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a teeter on both lines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm because teeter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was only surprised just because of how long it took for them to finally come to a conclusion that this was not something that both either parties wanted to be a part of. I think that, But then again, you have to look at like all the contracts and the delays and the long time that it takes for these guys to finally make decisions. So it's like, am I surprised, not really, but I was also not surprised just because I mentioned this Tobree yesterday. Is that this organization, the front office, wants to get back to the success that they've had in the nineties, like the five Super Bowls that they've won here.
Speaker 4: They want to get back to that success.
Speaker 2: And whether it's with Mike McCarthy or not, they want to figure out immediately.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately it's not Mike McCarthy, but there's.
Speaker 2: Some other options out there that they're obviously teetering around, maybe possibly killing more.
Speaker 4: That name has been thrown around. I know you're looking at me like.
Speaker 8: I don't, Like I wanted.
Speaker 5: To say, don't do this?
Speaker 9: Do they?
Speaker 6: Though, don't I'm.
Speaker 4: A familiar face, do they?
Speaker 7: I'm not talking about the Kellen Moore thing I'm talking about. I'm talking about the sister I'm talking about the they want to get back to winning in the nineties. So that also that, Yeah, now I feel like I'm sorry, I feel like I'm being gas lit.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, a little triggered.
Speaker 7: The door.
Speaker 2: The door, all right, y'all just got no I mean, I would hope so.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, well, actions and words, I mean, what are the expectations, well.
Speaker 7: The expectations is to get past the first round in the playoffs.
Speaker 9: But baby, if you're gonna go good on good, you need more good.
Speaker 7: So you got to be aggressive and free agency, you gotta you have to get.
Speaker 4: You They put enough stress on the draft.
Speaker 7: I mean, you gotta be able to do the things that obviously other teams do to.
Speaker 8: Get you over the hump.
Speaker 9: Like it might work regular season, but when you get to the playoffs, is.
Speaker 7: You're going to gets the best. So it's like, do you really because you didn't set this coaching staff up for success this year. We understand that there's plenty of injuries, but let's says what's up.
Speaker 5: Vision have been more depth to combat most of those injuries, and there wasn't.
Speaker 9: So I mean, what you really want to do, I'm not fussing.
Speaker 6: Can go back to the Let's get back to the let's go back to that.
Speaker 2: I on Kellen Moore, the news about the possibility of Keen.
Speaker 5: Babe, let her, let her house, letty.
Speaker 4: Kellen Moore.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you know me, you know what I think about it. If you don't know me, here's what I'm gonna say. Is when Kellen was here as OC. I had a lot of conversations with guys that are either currently or no longer in that locker room, and when his time was coming to a close, I'm not going to be like they celebrated.
Speaker 6: They were happy about it.
Speaker 5: They were ready to move on from the Kellen Moore OC chapter is how I will put it. So for me, yeah, there's been some development in him as an OC, and there should be because that's a natural progression of a good coach. I just don't I think if you if you want to go back to your sorry breeze up here fighting the demon, if you want to go back to what Nicole said of all in to actually win, it's not it.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, it's not it.
Speaker 2: I do want to say I agree with them not doing anything in free agency. They did not do anything to set this team up for Yes, however, yeah, I do believe they want to give back to their winning ways again.
Speaker 6: That starts with actions and words.
Speaker 9: Like actions and.
Speaker 3: Words, that's the best to put it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just make sure I no, no disclimer, I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: You're you're telling me the guy who's only been an offensive coordinator, a backup quarterback in this league can come in as a first year head coach and win over the thirty year hump or curse.
Speaker 6: Whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 5: Here curse in the building like I'm sorry, I can't which I'm just not gonna do it.
Speaker 6: What you have punish, Let's see, let's see those dudes. You don't have to fight him anymore.
Speaker 4: Nicole said, yesterday I made her come on CBS eleven.
Speaker 6: Yes, we saw that.
Speaker 4: You look crazy natural. I was hitting you great. Wow. But the last thing that she how I actually ended my story was you know, Micha McCarthy's out, but it's time for a new beginning. That's what stuck out. That's how I ended it. I was like, ah, right, it's the new year. It's twenty twenty five. They want to get back to their winning ways. There's a saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It is broke. The offense is boring to watch. I was bored and I was jealous talk their other teams going viral for sister, and I was just like, man, I wish we did that. I wish ah, and then I do there they go running the same route, you know what I mean? Like it was boring. I personally wasn't against Mike McCarthy at all. Coming back. I wanted Mike McCarthy to be open to letting somebody else come in here, be creative, and then you get to stay in Dallas. You get to look creative and as the head coach, just like when things go wrong and you take the fault, you can you're the hero now. And that's what other teams are okay doing and that is not what happened here. And I think Kellen Moore, I've heard back and forth, you know, and I know the relationships matter with the Joneses, but again, this is the time to be creative and take a chance. And I know there's a lot of safe candidates out there that have been throwing around because they have proven to be winners. But so was McCarthy when I was in high school. He won a Super Bowl and that a lot of coaches ended and can't say they ever wanted. Players in this building are still trying to, you know, have another year at it because they want to leave and hang it up and say they've won a super Bowl. But I just think going back to things that have kind of already been tried and not putting him in the head honcho position. Maybe not like, let's take a chance, be creative and go after some younger candidates, and I'm scared that's not going to be what's going to happen. Yep.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I wanted to comment very quickly piggyback off of your point about Mike McCarthy and possibly giving up play call into someone that's just a little because the thing about Mike McCarthy that I felt like we ran into this year.
Speaker 8: I don't think Mike McCarthy is.
Speaker 7: A bad play caller, but there is something to be said about feel and the Cowboys. Out of the five years four years he was here, one of the worst quarter teams in the NFL, there was never a counter to the counter. That was a problem for me also to some of the When I say feel, I mean you should be able to feel how serious this drive is. You need to get into your best place, you need to have your guys ready. Cowboys been one of the most penalized teams under Mike McCarthy as well, So it's also like that conglomerate of things put together. But for me, it's also too like I think that we would be asking Mike McCarthy a lot, because I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, just bring a new OC, just bring in somebody innovative.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, well, if you were in the spot there where Mike McCarthy is, where he can go out on Thursday and say, hey, this kid is not gonna play, and then Friday the owners on their radio saying that the person's gonna play. He's already given up so much power, like we're asking him. These head coaches like to have their thumbprint on what is happening for their team, and he's already giving up so much power. So I think that's why he was not willing to renege on his OC play calling. And I'm gonna keep it a thousand. I don't know if anyone's ever said it, but I'm gonna say it. I remember how press conferences were with Kellen Moore, how difficult it was to get him to talk football to us, how difficult it was to have some of these conversations to gain information and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: And I understand, like there's something to be said.
Speaker 7: As a head coach, you have to be able to galvanize and lead men and have the maturity.
Speaker 8: To do that and have.
Speaker 7: The diversity in your thinking to do that. And for me, I didn't see people as es piggybacked on.
Speaker 4: That was our first year.
Speaker 7: We're in the locker room, We're hearing these conversations. I don't know what his ability to galvanize a locker room to follow him is like.
Speaker 9: And that does come with.
Speaker 7: Time and maturity and experiences and things like that. And that's why a lot of teams do worry about younger, younger guys becoming because it's like the problem here was like Dak is looking at Kellen and they too cool. Yeah, cool, they're too cool. This is your OC, this is this is who runs this offense, and you have to put it on the field.
Speaker 9: Y'all can't be buddy buddy like that.
Speaker 7: He needs that OC needs to be able to tell you that, hey, Doc, you get into the line too slow. But if y'all friends, it's like, hey, bro, you kinda no. There's a level of I like, there's it's a chain of command in a sense.
Speaker 5: To that point too, though, like so do we not remember how things were falling apart with the offense under kelln Oh?
Speaker 6: Like do we not remember?
Speaker 9: Do we not remember how fat I watched it in Philly.
Speaker 6: It was phill Literally, you just watched it.
Speaker 5: But the problem is is when I was talking about multiple players that year, okay, and again some are still in that locker room. Max tell me when McCarthy took over the play calling, like yeah, now I actually can get it, Like I'm sorry. It was too overwhelming for these players, veteran and rookie players back then. Okay, And there was no I don't want to say open door policy from what I heard, but there was little to no room for suggestions on how to make it better based on the skill sets these players knew.
Speaker 6: They could bring.
Speaker 5: So for me as a head coach, you need to also have an open door policy to a point of hey man, you need you need to be able to take feedback and apply it in how you think is going to make this team better. And I just don't know if Kellen can be that guy like I, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's getting any votes. I'm a hard pass. I'm a hard pass.
Speaker 6: Raise your hand if you think.
Speaker 7: Asked the questions I'm not trying to see under this table is I'm not trying to see three comeback routes on a third and twelve no more?
Speaker 5: And do you remember all the drop passes that season because nobody was running their routes because they were all confused of where to go?
Speaker 6: Like do we not remember? And are you so quick to forget this?
Speaker 9: And I'm not going to be mean.
Speaker 7: I have looked within Kellen's offenses. I looked within his offense last year with the Chargers. I've looked within his offense last year with Philly. He has made improvements as a play caller, he has matured in some areas. He's had to say that, well, that's half of that's that's and that's half of what's going on in Philly right now. But let's not forget that they've been boxing in that locker room about touches, people.
Speaker 4: On the sideline reading books during games. The book is crazy and we love it. We love it.
Speaker 9: We love an intellectual man absolutely.
Speaker 7: However, that to me, keep that energy over there, like I'm fine with it. I'm more open to some of the other candidates, like man, the cowboys love spending the block so bad.
Speaker 9: Sometimes they love ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take our first break here on gross war Shop present invisit line, will be right back.
Speaker 10: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store?
Speaker 4: Letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 11: All Right, folks, let's get started with Yeddi French Press and Joor Cowboy their state's hot fivers and French Press. Thirty four ouns for U six four for the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags, waterproof somemersale, waterproof doubles, waterproof bag bagsports mostly waters. To get a waterprove Yetti bag glat smell something cooking poul new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, cobberce, pot pine potatoes. Next level with three sizes of Yetty cast iron.
Speaker 10: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 12: Today discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top cheer engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code Aiden x Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite store ours with Aiden.
Speaker 13: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence should just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in this aligne the number one doctor recommended clear Aligner brand. Do it for confidence on and off the field. Do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, don't wait. Visit invisilign dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field.
Speaker 6: And off Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 15: Ryan is the largest firm in the.
Speaker 14: World dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax.
Speaker 15: Performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 5: Amanda Foster has been named your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up at the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at nfl dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 6: Go vote for our girl, Amanda.
Speaker 3: Vote for our girl Amanda.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I was gonna talk by Zimmer, but we're gonna wait to the last of it for this one out.
Speaker 4: Sorry, ladies.
Speaker 2: Troy Aigman's comments on Monday Night Countdown, we talked about.
Speaker 3: The strays that have been coming.
Speaker 2: That was one of them, all right, and he basically did not agree with the Dallas Cowboys head coaching job being a coveted job, which is a desired job, so to speak, and it's he basically said also that it suggests that the cowboy have no real.
Speaker 4: Plan as of right now.
Speaker 2: If y'all are the front office, I want to get y'all's thoughts on how y'all.
Speaker 4: Would attack this situation.
Speaker 6: If I'm the front office, y'all are the front office. What is there to attack?
Speaker 5: Like it's get me genuinely, No, but genuinely, If I'm the.
Speaker 6: Front office and I say I operate as the.
Speaker 5: Front office does, it's onto the next news cycle the next day, like it's it's in one ear out the other. Like, yes, you respect what Troy Eichmann has to say if you're in the front office. I'm not saying Jess Novars, I'm not Jessnavur's opinion is very different. But truly we know that news good or bad, keeps your name in the news cycle and just adds to that. So personally, I think Troy's comments are valid if you're a human with a job, because think about it. Say you get a job where you're applying for a job and this job has no real sense of stability. Do you want that job? Do you want to go to that job? No matter how glamorous this job seems. You know, you have so many great aspects about this job, but as a human with the family, with whatever moving parts you have in your life, there's no real sense.
Speaker 6: Of stability here.
Speaker 5: So I agree to an extent with what Troy said. I'm not gonna argue with Troy Aigman, like not trying to do that either. Uh, but I do think there's some validity in what he said. Now, if you're at the front office, how do you handle it?
Speaker 6: You just don't like.
Speaker 5: There's nothing, there's nothing that you're gonna say about it, Like it's in when you're out, the other rolls off your back because your next news cycle is gonna come up soon.
Speaker 8: What about you, Brie.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about the analogy used about marriage, right, they and new mediation. This is the thing we know. Jerry Jones holds two titles, the owner in the GM. He's made it very clear he is the GM. That is why he bought this team. That is fair. So for a healthy marriage, even though I haven't been married, what my grandparents have told me fifty years plus marriage, there has to be compromise that is a successful marriage. These marriages with Jerry Jones and the head coaches as GM, they haven't been successful obviously, right, they haven't met the goal that winning the standard right, So I feel like to Troy Aikman's he's correct, to an extent because you're a head coach and you're going to have to compromise, you know that taking the job. But I think you need the GM to be able just to trickle a little bit more on the compromise. If you are looking at yourself in the mirror, which the players told us they were doing all season long, right man in the mirror? We heard that in the beginning. Well, now Jerry has to kind of look a little bit, just a little bit, just give a little bit. And then I think you need a head coach who, if it is a young o see that needs to be able to know how to I think it's how you approach Jerry Jones. You know how something, If you want something, you got to kind of make that person feel like it's their idea and that was a good idea, like how you used to go to you like your dad and your mom. Yeah, it's not it's not disrespectful, it's not I'm right, you're wrong. It's just that's a great idea. But what about if we did it like this? And I think you need someone strong enough to come in here and do that and stick to it and not try to be his buddy, his pal and that that's that's what they need.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of extra work. It sounds like on top of the work of already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if people want to run their comments Jerry don't care, that's okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be I'm sick of you.
Speaker 8: Listen.
Speaker 7: I mean you mentioned the word compromise, And what comes to mind to me is how many times do you can how many times we hear players say in an interview towards this part of the year, like, Oh, if he's able to have full control, if he's able to do the things that he wants to do, Blase, that would insinuate to me that maybe there isn't the compromising that you're talking about going on. And that's the thing is like football operations, the football operations part of things feels like at this point it is getting overshadowed by a lot of the other things that go on with the team, and you cannot not prioritize the team building.
Speaker 8: Right, that's the problem. Like, that's half of the problem.
Speaker 7: And the coaches want to have freedom in the team building because whatever happens up there is a direct reflection of them.
Speaker 9: But you can be chilling it upstairs and it is a reflection.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, it's like, no, like the head coach is going to be held accountable for so much of the things that go on the field, and if they don't have the freedom or the compromise to be able to exercise their opinions and what they want to do. If you're coming into a job that you don't have creative freedom.
Speaker 4: Are we even gonna do that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Like on a base level, are we even gonna do that if you were applying for a job. So for me, I agree, it's there has to be like you said, he has to look himself in the mirror.
Speaker 8: It's probably a big mirror, might be one on the ceiling.
Speaker 4: I'm sick, look himself in the mirror and ask himself.
Speaker 8: You mentioned earlier.
Speaker 7: That's why I said, do they really do you really want to win? Because that might mean taking some risk in different ways too. It might mean taking some more risk and free agency. It might mean taking a risk on a young OC that hasn't maybe made it as a head coach.
Speaker 9: But that's what a lot of.
Speaker 7: These teams that have been successful have done. They see that they have creative minds and they're like, you know what, We're gonna put you in the spot and see if you can handle it. And it's worked out for several teams, So for me, they're gonna have to get a little bit more innovative and how they team build.
Speaker 9: But they're also going to have the baby steal.
Speaker 7: For the love of God, please steal some of these other team's ideas. If you see them doing something right, please, Like if I seeing them doing something right, do it.
Speaker 9: But on a football level, the way that football is played right now.
Speaker 7: You're not keeping up with it the way that I would rejoice seeing a freaking deep crosser, and that's something that teams do every play.
Speaker 2: For the love of God, I think that what y'all are saying about the compromising, they also have to remember that it's the benefit of these players too. Please, because Brandon Cooks not having a thousand yard season like he's had with other teams unacceptable. Rico o'doddell finally getting that one thousand yard rushing, but it took to what week eight, week nine till he was finally running back one. There needs to be a little bit of compromising for the betterment of everyone, because everybody benefits from that compromising. But now when you look at Mike McCarthy not here, who does that benefit Who does that not benefit?
Speaker 4: On this team? Compromising goes hand in hand.
Speaker 5: Look, right now, not having a head coach doesn't benefit anybody, Like, there's no benefits to not having a head coach. They feel behind, they fell behind.
Speaker 6: They've done this a week ago.
Speaker 5: It could be a different conversation of they were ahead of the game, now they're not. And so you're talking if you truly want to pick somebody off of a playoff winning team currently in the state of the NFL, you're going to have to wait a few weeks to do that. And then again, what are you doing in the meantime still interviewing people that you kind of have to at this point, Like, if you want a good coach that's coming out of a good program that is successful, you have to wait a while. And for me, there's no benefit to that right now because the draft is right around the corner and you need a head coach in here to help delegate what kind of players he needs to put his system into place, Like, there's no benefit to not having anybody in here right now.
Speaker 6: There's just not and.
Speaker 5: Until they do that, we can't really talk about what the benefits are because we don't know what that will look like.
Speaker 4: The timing thing is huge because to me, I only want to talk to the coaches who are still playing and then are in contention for Super Bowl, and those coaches you cannot talk to you right now. But uh, it's we're exiting out killamore and that in that.
Speaker 7: Uh, I had to cross it off because I was like that that was who I thought Jerry was speaking of.
Speaker 5: My way, that's my vote, but we're playing survivors next check.
Speaker 4: But I think that's that's the hard part. When they were losing all those games in a row, the way that they were losing, finishing two and seven at home, and you have someone asking you after the game in mid season, is McCarthy still the guy? And that was the question for multiple games in my mind, you know what kind of contract you're offering. Even if he does, you know you're hoping that, you know, like he did, they kind of stood on business the back seams a little bit too late. But I feel like at that point, when you saw you were not going to the playoffs, you know you're not giving him that fat contract. You know you're not it's not going to be probably not three past three years right. Two is in my mind is what's probably yeah, what's too low and their speculation on that. But bottom line is, if I'm in the front office and my season is a feil and we're in season five, maybe I can hang my hat on the injuries, okay, and I can give him something else. But I know it's not going to be lengthy. So I'm going to have that discussion with you prior to it. Manda, Man, Like, this is what I'm a fan of.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 4: I like the foundation. This is not the success. I got fans turning on me right now. I gotta do something. And this is how I compromise with this. You know whatever, you and I have been in local TV, even though you don't go, Hey, my name is Nicole and I'm interested in this job. But what's the pay and what's the contract look like? But you kind of have an eye Ida once you know what I'm saying. That's that's the problem that I'm having hours before he's a free agent. Like, that's that's the part. I agree with you.
Speaker 7: God, Yeah, I don't think it benefits to just this point to your point, I don't think it benefits really anyone given the state of like what your team is in right now.
Speaker 8: Because let me just say this.
Speaker 7: For the people who get ticked off when people mention like, Okay, well we don't know the head coach, so it puts us us like a damper on you preparing for draft.
Speaker 8: That whole cliche.
Speaker 7: It shouldn't matter draft the best players. I don't know what world you're living in. They ain't have football work. Schemes matter, like body types, all that stuff factors into the way these coaches have an impact on the draft. Now, you don't need to go BBA, but in doing that, you are building. We don't know what the coach that comes here is gonna want to build.
Speaker 4: You look at Philly Fangio.
Speaker 7: They went out and got all these fantastic like that secondary because the way that Vic Fangio runs his defense, you gotta be able to come downhill, you gotta be able to tackle, you gotta be able to read. And they went and got players that fit that mold. No different than what Dallas is gonna be. We saw Dan Quinn's imprint on the draft four years, so stop playing with me. Stop acting like that's not a thing. But I will say it doesn't to your again, to revert back to the original point, it doesn't benefit anyone.
Speaker 8: It puts you behind the eight ball.
Speaker 7: You're already behind the eight ball, and now you're gonna have to.
Speaker 8: Go into this draft season.
Speaker 7: You know, when a new coach coming in, trying to figure out philosophy all that stuff. Then you're gonna have to go through a whole new install period. And here's the thing about bringing in like a new coach and stuff like that, there are gonna be some growing pains with learning a new system. You went through it this year with Mike zimmer even so you went through it with Mike McCarthy the last two years, three years with his offense.
Speaker 8: Like the first five weeks it was like what is going on here?
Speaker 7: So we know that that's a thing, but you know what overshadows that just getting more talent. Are you gonna do that? Are you gonna put yourself in position to Britain. That's the thing that makes me worried is like, are you gonna waste multiple games to start your season because your team is still trying to get a feel.
Speaker 8: For things go and especially have preseason and stuff.
Speaker 7: But they also too, are you gonna put the necessarily necessary talent in this building? You already have talent here. Are you gonna add some of the role players? Are you gonna go out in free agency? So the beginning of this new install in this new coaching regime can have some success and some confidence as well. So for me, it's like you're behind the eight ball anyway, you're already behind.
Speaker 8: It's not a good look. That's gonna put you behind.
Speaker 7: And I will say that maybe a new coaching staff, depending on who it is, if it's someone innovative, it will benefit your offense.
Speaker 4: If nothing more. And you say the word waste, I'm thinking of Dak Prescott. He's not getting any younger he deserves. I feel like when I have, okay, we got some young talent quarterbacks, and I feel like he's still a top ten quarterback in my mind absolutely. So the time is ticking though, Like he's had two really major injuries. Going to come back and it's going to be a mental thing. He was already struggling being that mobile quarterback. If he will going back. You know, they had a little joke like Aaron Rodgers got more Russian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know Clarence soy hetty Eddy King, right, LaRence, but Clarence, my boy. But that's what I'm saying, like, whereas I'm okay with we're gonna be all in, Yeah, I'm okay with getting some creative play, calling some creative mind in here, right, and I'm tying him into DAK and.
Speaker 4: CD because I got that's my ceiling. I'm not really thinking past that because I have the foundation right now and it's time to go all in. It's time to hit free agency because I'm sick watching the Eagles and I'm like, that was only five point five man, Yeah, then I'm looking at Bobby Oh my god, like sixty five ways. All right, you do, It's time to be I hate saying it because they said it all season, but all in like it really.
Speaker 5: Is, but genuinely all in, like not pretend all in like actions and words that part. And not only that, but you look at the laundry list to free agents that this team has right now.
Speaker 6: You have to It does hurt. It hurts real bad.
Speaker 5: You have to decide who your key impact makers were on that list and find a way to obtain your talent because what you're doing if you don't obtain good talent in this building is one, to Troy Aigman's point, you're making it less attractive for players to want to come here because they don't have a longevity in this building right. And for two, you also aren't building off of what you've been coaching them and somewhere that they know and that they most likely do want to stay at.
Speaker 6: Like it's you have to start there as well.
Speaker 5: And then yes, go shopping, get some big names, find some good prices, cap room, cap salary, cap space, make room, adjust some contracts, figure out, do what you need to do to be able to go on in like limiting yourself to oh there's no cap space. Be proactive, sign your big players first. You know those contracts are coming up. Guess who's next, Micah Parsons, figure it out. Like just procrastinating and constantly putting yourself behind the sticks literally and figuratively, penalties and outside like I mean, it's not doing anything for anybody, and it's the reason that you continue to be in this bind a year after year.
Speaker 8: At this point point about Dak Prescott is this.
Speaker 6: Year, why am I being shady?
Speaker 2: I'm planned no you start with the twenty six free agents, then you obviously have to prioritize what how you want to build around Dak Prescott, how you want to build around Ceedee Lamb and Michael Parsons because they are the future here.
Speaker 3: It's a long list, got it should be prioritized here on this team.
Speaker 2: But I do want to talk about what are some who are some options that you feel could build off of what Mike McCarthy did with Dak in his growth sit on that. We're gonna take our second break here on Girls Talk boystop present about envision line and we'll be right back.
Speaker 12: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner Theallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for topcheer engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys, player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 13: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in dizeligned the number one doctor recommended, clear a liner brand.
Speaker 5: Do it for.
Speaker 13: Confidence on and off the field. Do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love?
Speaker 4: Don't wait.
Speaker 13: Visit in dis align dot com slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 10: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store?
Speaker 11: Letter rip Troy, All right, folk, let's get started with the Eddy French Press and Joe Calvi this stay's hot for hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four for with the cruise yety French Press. What mixed waterproof bags? Bags of waterproofs and where's wall waterproof? Devil's waterprove bag bags forts most of water shoel get a water prove YETI bag?
Speaker 6: Gont smell something?
Speaker 11: Cooking pot new cast iron skillets may be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, Cornbit, Commaence, pot Pine and Potatoes. Next over well three sizes of the yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 10: Gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square Today Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner and can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 4: Ryan is the.
Speaker 14: Largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting.
Speaker 8: Ryan dot com.
Speaker 15: Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: The biggest names in tennis, head to the Ford Center at the Start in Frisco this February. Witness top ranked Casper Rudd and former Dallas Open champion American Tommy Paul dazzled the court as the Dallas Open moves to a new home. Catch all the hard hitting action and watch the top players on tour compete. Live Tickets are available now at sea geek dot com.
Speaker 4: If you're interested, let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you so excited and I'm going to be.
Speaker 14: There to.
Speaker 6: Conversation? Go there there is Yes, Yeah, I want.
Speaker 4: To figure it's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 2: I was literally upstairs, like obviously taking notes on like the whole coaching thing. Yeah, but I was also watching the Australian Open. So much fun around this time of year.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get back to what really matters.
Speaker 2: And we were just talking about how Mike McCarthy and he played a huge role in the development in Dak.
Speaker 3: Some people believe it was Kellen Moore. You talk about twenty twenty one and Dak.
Speaker 2: Prescott throwing thirty seven touchdown passes, But let's talk about Mike McCarthy and obviously just putting the installing that confidence in Dak to start being a little bit more mobile, more of an all around quarterback. I think that Mike McCarthy definitely deserves the credit. But when you look at now no more Mike McCarthy, who can come in here and build off of what he did with Dak.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of head coaching options.
Speaker 8: There's some options we got Ben.
Speaker 2: Johnson, Liam Cohen, Cliff Kingsbury, Quingsburry, Oh goodness, straight today is today?
Speaker 4: Kingsbury, Joe Brady.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna talk Kellen Moore because we already talked Kellen.
Speaker 6: No, no one want to go with those. We're gonna quit Pee Carroll.
Speaker 3: We got Pete Carroll as well. Yeah, quite some options out.
Speaker 4: I wrote two lists. Okay, let's see what you like, but I put what I I think Jerry wants exactly first.
Speaker 6: You want, yeah, say you're the front office.
Speaker 4: I'm so. I'm a very anything with the Lions that's attached to it. They had absolutely nothing. I want it, Yes, I want to personally though, for this team and seeing the defense save the offense so many times the offense could not, even when Dak was here. That what make me want that offensive minded OC coming into this building. As much as I'm a fan of that is that's the only thing right, But everything else I think it matches. But I just feel like this team needs that offensive minded creativeness. I'm a little biased because I was saw Joe Brady when he was in LSU. I covered lab during that run. It was fun, fantastic to see and then to see him have that opportunity in Buffalo where Alpha was at. When I tell you, guys, Buffalo was in a similar situation, had all this talent. You know, that was the time where we had Digs and we weren't doing anything with it and let go of our OC mid season and took one game. I remember, it was a whole different offense. Yeah, because we started to utilize our running backs. Yes, so yes, that's why I am a wow, right, and just what they're doing now, Like the biggest talk going into that season was Digs is out. The biggest star power is Curtis Samuel and you know, like there was nothing right we got it was just it's still insane to see like this team could We're looking at a Lion's possibly build super Bowl. Who would have thought when you get a little creative. So I'll take anybody from either one of that staff to be honest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean retweet like truly.
Speaker 5: I think for a while now when the whole coaching conversation would come up in waves throughout the season, Ben Johnson was a name that obviously came up because look what he has done and in the best complimented way possible. The problem I see for that though, is will he have the talent to be able to utilize his skill set the most? That's what I worry about because right now you're talking about running the ball.
Speaker 6: Who's your running back?
Speaker 5: Rayco's a free agent, like you need the talent to fill in, which is akin why you would prefer to already have talked to some of these guys that we couldgo but here nor there. I'm gonna say the same thing. But also, you want somebody in the Shanahan tree like that seems to be your what, your kryptonite, your dragon. You can't slay every metaphor possible. Somebody that has a record to beat.
Speaker 6: The Shanahan tree.
Speaker 5: Who can come in and really teach these guys Dak included just new innovative ways to utilize their skill set. I'm not sure, honestly, I.
Speaker 6: I'm so torn.
Speaker 5: I'm so torn, But I'm gonna go Ben Johnson. If we're living in my fun little bubble of a world, Jerry bubble of a world is probably different than mine. So I think on that list we kind of have an inkling of who he would pick.
Speaker 4: But we love Ben here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got thirty seconds. We got a heart out at one fifty. I was told that go.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, So for me, I'm of the same elk. I think that Ben Johnson or Aaron Glenn would be fantastic for these young men in the locker room. But I also think Liam Cohen and what he's done with Tampa Bay's offense.
Speaker 8: I remember looking at their film and looking at how they.
Speaker 7: Run the ball, how creative they are, and that way they run the ball, some of the ways that they use their their receivers as well, So I thought that that was dope.
Speaker 8: So for me, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Just somewhat innovative that actually can capture a locker room.
Speaker 8: That's just all I care about.
Speaker 4: All right, straight like that, all right, we gotta go on that note.
Speaker 2: For Asia Morrison, Jess and VARs Brianna Aldridge, I'm Nicole Hutchinson.
Speaker 3: Will be back here next week.
Speaker 14: Hi ah, right, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.