Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this afternoon edition of Frank Trentvin Police Squad. I'm Miles Gray and I'm joined by today's guest co host, Plumper mcdo Hi.
Speaker 2: It's me Plumper McDow, Hello Internet, good to see you.
Speaker 1: Your rather name I think I've ever fucking come up with, but I love it because the bars low y'all the bar is fucking low. Yeah. Blake Wexler, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Bro, Bro, it's great to see you too.
Speaker 2: My buddies and I used to play a game where it'd be like police, what's your name? And you had to like say a name as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: Oh, helly, please, what's your name?
Speaker 3: And it was always like my my, now remember the.
Speaker 1: Please what's your name? Police? What's your name?
Speaker 2: Cormack von Strussel, terrible name, terrible name. My wife when I first did it with her, like she goes Jenny Jenny, Like your name's Jennifer Jenny.
Speaker 1: Bro. That's like from Orange County, that scene where Jack Black's character Lance is in the administrative building that's on fire and Ben stillers the firefighter asking what his name is and he's like He's like, what's your name man, He's like Joe Joe John Joe Jo your name is Joe John Johnson, Joe.
Speaker 3: And Joe Johnson the shooting guard God.
Speaker 1: Well yeah from the nets, dude, mm hmm. He was from everywhere one on one one thing called him Solo Joe or something with that his nickname in the league or something because he bro he'll bust your ass one on one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: So he was underrated, like he was like almost like a sharief up dur raheemer like everybody who played had a lot of respect, but maybe fans didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you were a fan of the team Joe Johnson played on, you were probably underrating him, exactly myself included. Anyway, we're here to tell you what's trending, not about washed basketball references. That's what mileson Jack got mad boostis is for GE's that there. But the first thing that's trending he might have guessed it based on the title. The Naked Gun teaser came out last week. I don't know how the fuck I missed this because because I love those movies, like I just love that was I remember as a kid the first genre I could articulate saying was my favorite, and they were parody films. Basically, I was like, I like parody movies, hot Shots, hot Shots part do Okay, those weren't that great, to be honest, compared to this shit. But the new Naked Gun teaser came out, the one that stars Liam Neeson. It's a what is it? Akiva Schaeffer from The Only Land is directing it. First thoughts on that teaser mine positive, Mine.
Speaker 2: Very positive, And I was very nervous because I hold Naked Gun in high esteem. You know, I'm sure if I went back and watched there was probably an incredible amount of problematic things in it.
Speaker 1: But no, no, I watched it recently. The race stuff, the homophobia, other stuff is fine.
Speaker 3: It's fine, yeah, yeah, okay, good to enough.
Speaker 1: Surprisingly, though I watched it a few months ago, and maybe I'm completely memory if it was, but I remember being like, oh, it's it's not as bad, but hey, yesh, the nineties, y'all.
Speaker 2: That y's where the bar is is as bad as you would think it would a but Nisan I was a little nervous about, and he can't it seems like he might be funny. And then the jokes in the trailer are very you know, naked gunny, and I mean that in a very positive way. So I laughed. It made me laugh twice. You know, I thought it was good. What were your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I love the OJ reference. I just you know, I feel like it had that same like as if it were the Zuckers behind it. It's clear that the writers also respect the source material because it had that same tone. So I don't know, we'll see, we'll see. Next thing trending Firefest two. Billy McFarland says it's happening. We talked about this maybe last month about how he was like, it's coming end of May, early June. Buckle the fuck up. It's gonna be at Islam Muhtas in Mexico. Are you ready? Then the Tourism board of Isla Muhetes said, quote, we have no knowledge of this event, nor contact with any person or company about it. For us, this is an event that does not exist. Pretty clear. So we were like, hey, Billy, you fucking scammer allegedly, what do you what do you make of this? He's now switched it up and said the festival is actually gonna be Impliadil Carmen. Guess what the officials of Pliodel Carmen have just announced on their website. Quote, in light of rumors about an event called fire to we inform you that no event with that name will be held in Pliodel Carmen after a responsible review. There is no registration or planning in the municipality. Uh, Billy, Billy, Actually, yeah, this Tullem. It's gonna be in Tullem, this event tullamore Do. Yeah, it's going to be sponsored by tullamore Do. And we're purposely mispronouncing to Loom, which I hear is also being overran by like digital American nomads, because that's the new thing out there. But he did say they're like, what about artists. He's like, oh, it's me artists. You see the website timeline. We're about to be sending out artist invitation letters. Bro. The fucking thing is at the end of next month. You're now setting out artist invitation letters, Which sounds like the most pathetic way of getting rejected is you're like, I sent the artist invitation letters.
Speaker 3: You mean you vped Yeah, knowing RSVP to perform.
Speaker 1: You know. The only there's only one public facing figure that has said publicly that they will be attending fire to you know who. That is Antonio Brown.
Speaker 2: And that guy has his shit together, so you can lean on that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I was like, wow, that is the worst look of all. All you have is Antonio Brown being like, yeah, I'll be there. Oh okay, Well, I guess that's fine to have former NFL player Antonio Brown is your one guest. But hey, Billy, do your thing.
Speaker 2: It might be a new form of tourism where there's like adventure tourism and you know, gastro tourism. I think this might be scam tourism where it's like, you know you're going to be scammed basically, you know, that's really the only way this can happen. So yeah, if it does happen at all, it would be the biggest bummer if there is nothing and people just sink their money into and get not even a bad sandwich.
Speaker 1: I think what you do is plan your vacation to be to coincide with Firefest. That way you don't have to have the risk of just giving your money away to a convicted fucking scammer. Is you you can basically be like, hey, while we're there, you know what we could do. We could go walk by where the firefest is supposed to be and take some pictures and if it's popping, which it won't be, we can get some pretty good videos for our Instagram stories.
Speaker 2: So yeah, take dinner reservations that you can cancel on the one percent chance that this festival happens while you're there.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till you know, inevitably it's going to hit something where he's either gonna go whole hog and be like insists it's happening and we're going to get to see some nightmare scenario play out, or i'd imagine because it's not like last time where he like wowed people with that Instagram launch video, you're not gonna have a lot of takers and like du to low demand or unforeseen things that we're gonna have to cancel this. Yeah, because no, everyone's onto you, because I don't even think people ironically want to get scammed, and I would rather do the thing we're talking about. I'll go near it and be like look at that shit. Okay bye, then be like Billy, I gave you five thousand dollars? What the fuck?
Speaker 3: How did this happen?
Speaker 1: That's called playing yourself? Okay, like Aiden Ross did, which you'll hear about in tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 3: You get to hear him read It's great.
Speaker 1: Quick question, do you know what the secret is to Jessica Simpson's voice?
Speaker 3: Tell me if you if you know, well, this is switch switches.
Speaker 1: I mean no. According to a TMZ thing that came out and she confirmed today she likes to drink a Chinese herb cocktail that has snake sperm in it. So I didn't know that was a thing. Uh And as a podcaster, hook it up? You know what I mean, because she says she credits that that helps her vocal cords. Is this tonic with the snake sperm? So yeah, if you all got some snake sperm, come up off it. I'm trying to keep this show going.
Speaker 2: This might be a thing where like you don't know how many spiders you eat in a lifetime, Like.
Speaker 3: Who knows how snakes on some off?
Speaker 1: I like that for you, it's actively filating a fucking serpent rather than who knows what kind of fucking snake sperm got in this wacky dish. I ate cookies, You're like, scratch your head. Damn did I suck off of King Kole?
Speaker 3: I acted up? I was acting out last night.
Speaker 2: I don't even knowing, Gobra, how many spiders?
Speaker 1: You wait? So stupid, dud uh. Anyway, It's just it was fun to say snake sperm and be kids and be like and they drink it for their voice. But if that ship, if that ship's banging, let me know. Yeah, and Nick Lache, maybe you should too, man, because dude, you you's do you look so washed on? Love is blind? Man? I can't. I can't keep saying the snick, but like, holy shit, without Vanessa, you are fucking nothing.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's like a Madam Tussoude situation with him Murde, this like very sad, like wax Man. He is boosted by his wife, like.
Speaker 1: Musk, like Elon must playing a video game. You boosted, sir? Yes, bro, you should really shouldn't even be here. Just let me, like, let Vanessa do the fuck, please let her do her thing. Man, It's yeah, he's only looks confused and always does. Somebody's like, I don't know, man, am I old? Yeah, I don't know. It's not that you're old, bro, He's just not interesting and you clearly I think you are in nineteen ninety eight degrees bro, And that's fine, but you were always defined by the women that you were next to. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back because damn I have more movies to talk about.
Speaker 3: After this, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We talked about the Minecraft movie on yesterday's episode because people the kids were turning up so crazy during the Minecraft film, like they were throwing their drinks and popcorns and shit. Now movie theaters are posting warnings against Minecraft behavior. They're saying, screaming and taking part in TikTok trends will not be tolerated. Guess what, motherfuckers, you think that's gonna stop these fucking kids, think the fuck again. They are going to go. I look, I was a shitthead teenager before. Yeah, if I saw a sign like that, I would be like, oh, this is a challenge to get me thrown out of here. So look, uh, this is this is their Barbie movie or some shit, you know what I mean. And the kids are gonna kid, although don't throw the shit around and make it harder for the people cleaning up the fucking theater. That's already a fucking thankless job.
Speaker 3: So that's the way part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like the one because i'm how are you what's your movie theater etiquette with your post post movie theater watching cleanup? Are you one of these fucking pieces of shit that just leaves the shit in there?
Speaker 2: You st And I don't do that at stadiums either, because stadiums, I think people are more apt to do it because it's outside. And it's like, I don't blow away or something, you know, but no, I pick up, I take away what I bring, or I take away what I leave something intelligent, but no, I clean up.
Speaker 3: I also feel bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll drop a few popcorn pieces and I'll miss them, you know, so like right, maybe I'll leave some popcorn traces, but right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think, yeah, that is true. People do that, now that you think about it. The stadium sometimes I do leave ship out. I got. Yeah, it's weird how different that is, I think because half the time I'm leaving before a fucking game ends. Too. You're in a ruck man, trust fucking traffic out of this. No, we're gone, We're gone.
Speaker 2: And if you're not driving. You might have had a few drinks, so like you could miss a few things, you know, m yeah, yeah, man an airplane, I leave everything, I like, Oh, I am every animal. Yeah, just I hold pop pie, I leave underneath the seat.
Speaker 3: I leave the.
Speaker 1: Pop pie on the seat and I sit on it and just mush it in there, and then I get up pop pile all over my ass and on the seat. I don't care. I'm a fucking wreck. All right, let's take a did we take a break? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, we're back actually from that break. Sorry. There's also rumors, not rumors, like there's a new I Am Legend two coming out with Michael B. Jordan and Will Smith. I'm like, wait, what did you? Did you know? So the whole thing is it's based on the alternate ending that was only on the DVD where he doesn't blow himself up in that lap. I had no idea.
Speaker 3: They're going to bring the dog back. I know, That's all I care about.
Speaker 1: Stopped. My boycotted listening to Bob Marley after that because he was saying, don't you that that point that is kind of hard on you. It's kind of like it's cannon on this show. Because I always talk about my friend who I had, like the screener when it came out, because my mom was getting screeners at the time, and we're, no, bro, we got I am legend, come through whatever, we get. Hi, I watch it. When that scene happened, he left, He got up and left. He was like, Bro, I can't watch this, Bro, I don't want to see no dog get choked out. He's even if it did turn into a zombie, He's like, I'm not for that, and he like left, went home and drove home, and we're like, what, oh shit, I didn't sorry, didn't know. Didn't know.
Speaker 2: You can't can't joke about or show violence to dogs. You just can't get away with it.
Speaker 1: It's it's weird. It's look, we've got weird stuff going on in this country where we're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, humans, whateverever. Dog? Are you fucking trying to give me like nightmares for life? But yeah, this film ends where he doesn't die. And now there's like another colony, I guess in Vermont or some shit, and they get the it's on YouTube. I didn't bother watching it. I also didn't have, like I said, I had the screener version, so I saw whatever's in the theater and didn't think about it again. For them to be like, oh yeah, this sequels about a version of the movie that doesn't exist in theaters that you didn't see. I think it's fucking weird. And also like, I don't were we necessarily clam clamoring for another I Am Legend too, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so either. I think that old men have related to I Am Legend in a way where they just wanted to picture a world where no one else was around and it was just them and their dog and they can just play golf, you know, in like downtown Manhattan or wherever the thing was set place.
Speaker 3: I do think that it is, like I don't know, I would watch it.
Speaker 2: I think I would watch I think it was the right age when it came out that like I was just in full movie mode and it didn't matter if the movie was good or bad. It was just like I'm gonna go to the movies and not even have picked out what movie I wanted to go to, you know when I got there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just weird. I just haven't thought about it. And then when I read the thing and it's like it's actually based on the alternate ending, I was like, what, this is too much? But whatever, I guess I'll see. What I really wanted is a prequel made with that mannequin his friend Fred, who He's like, I want to know what the fuck Fred is up to? What is doing?
Speaker 3: How did Fred get there?
Speaker 1: Look a lot a lot of fan theories about that.
Speaker 3: It's Michael B. Jordan and Fred.
Speaker 1: Dude, don't spoiler to make me spoilers anyway. Also Disneylandney it was a good story from producer Victor in SFGate. There was like sort of like Disneyland drops America's latest recession indicator. Have you heard of Club thirty three at Disneyland. It's like that very yeah, it's like very like you better know somebody to get in here, and it's not easy, and if you do, there is like a seven hundred year waiting list to get on. Apparently some keen eyed Disney fans noticed on their app that there was like a new a section added about Club thirty three and how you can maybe find out how to get in. Before this was not some shit that you could do, And people are like Ooh, if you're hitting the red button and opening up Club thirty three to like the general public, maybe things aren't going so well because I mean there's been a lot of reports about how like the parks are not as profitable as they were, maybe because the prices are so prohibitive you can't even It's like catering to an America that doesn't even exist. There was a version it's like crazy because people went to Disneyland because it was somewhat affordable, and people grew up with their families being able to go enough times that they, you know, created that culture within a family to be like we go to disney World or Disneyland. Now this shit is like I went fucking what was it November of twenty twenty three. Man, the amount of fucking money I spent. I've spent money to get on a fucking ride because my baby was so tired. I was like, Bro, this is fucking bullshit. None of this makes sense. Everything's so expensive, everything's done through an app. It doesn't work. So part of me is like, yeah, okay, this makes sense because you guys are fucking around, they're opening it up. You know what the costs the registration costs they rumored to be between thirty thousand and one hundred thousand, and then you have like annual dues, so like a country club, yes, exactly, the country club for I guess racists, because what Disney was such a racist But then that's a regular country club. But then there's mystical shit. But then you're in you're in the little little New Orleans pass. So yeah, producer Victor in the chat fast Pass used to be free. Yep, I saw the defunct land video. Now it's an add on. And if you want to do the new Star Wars ride, yeah, you've paid extra thirty exactly. I paid fucking forty dollars or some shit thirty bucks to get on that Star Wars Rise of the Resistance ride. And I'm not mad because the ride was good, But I am mad because why the fuck did I pay for a ticket? If I'm paying for ala carte rides, it's fucking predatory. Fuck that fuck Club thirty three. If we get in there, we should be fucking crashing out in there and making it so nobody can go in there.
Speaker 2: I agree you had such a great point of what like what America is this for? You know where it's priced out most people. Yeah, with how expensive it is, and then if you can afford it, you're the type of person who probably wants the privileges of You don't want to be waiting in lines, you know, like you're you're not a You're not a funnel cake guy. Just imagine if it's it's nuts. It's like going go for the sourdough bread bulls. Yeah, yes, and I make it last throughout the day. Yeah, it's really and then I sit in it Jesus way back. But yeah, no, it's it's rough. I remember I used to work at ABC like a while ago, and I would get free.
Speaker 3: I could go for free to.
Speaker 2: Disney and even getting down there was such enough of a pain in the ass. I only did it once, you know, and I watched the Flyers in a bar. It was was pretty complete waste of you.
Speaker 1: Went to Disneyland to watch a Flyers game.
Speaker 2: My girlfriend at the time and her friend went on the rides and I met up with them later.
Speaker 1: You like, I don't like this Disney crap. And then you're shedding a tear at the bar watching the Flyers. Fucking it's I'm a bigger loser. John Leclair's final game, they're replaying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know the names, you know the names?
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, bro did no Vegkin score his like record breaking goal against the Flyers Island different? I think maybe it was it was the Island, Oh, yes, it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was it was I think Putin's buddy buddy Andrevegkin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's so funny. I remember that guy first got into the NHL, Like all the stories about like how he brought his mom on all the road trips and shit, like it was his mom in a PlayStation is what he traveled with.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Now he has FSB handlers that they like didn't.
Speaker 2: Let him drive for a while because he just couldn't stop like crashing cars at like three hundred miles per hour. And then he was also I believe he so this is now the all time goal scorer in the NHL. This guy playing Russian Alexander Vetchkin broke when Gretzky a Canadian doesn't really matter to say. He is actually a huge Putin supporter, Like he is huge, Yeah, he's in twenty seventeen, he like led a campaign on like face spooke to get Putin quote unquote reelected, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like it was.
Speaker 1: He needs he needs every vote, folks, he needs every vote folks. Yep. Yeah, race, Yeah, a real close race, that is whatever. We were about to have one of those two probably and Steven Siegal is gonna be like trumpets every vote, you little fucking bastard's ripal for him. But anyway, records were meant to be broken, I guess yes, yep they were. And yeah again, and I'm sure records for profits were meant to be broken, right if you're Disney charging everybody fucking everything for nothing. I think this is why you also see a lot of families, like I see a lot of videos of people crashing out at Disneyland, like fights and shit, because it was the same thing. I remember there was this article I was reading about how there was a ton of fights like ten years ago at Chuck e Cheeses between adults and they were saying, it's like high stress of trying to provide a memorable time for a child, plus the amount that it costs, plus alcohol or whatever things, plus being around other parents who are on a fucking tight rope can lead to fucking all kinds of conflict. And you see all kinds of deos or people just losing it at each other at Disneyland or Disney World, like with their kids in tow and you're like, oh, fuck like.
Speaker 2: This so it's so bad. Yeah, and I've seen it. This is odd comparison, but I've seen it with skiing as well, where skiing is like, I mean, the base has always been expensive, but like now, like particularly in Colorado, it's just so much money to get like a lift ticket, and then obviously you got to rent all the equipment. And so when there's long lines, people are just at war with one another because if some you know, a kid like can't get on the chair or whatever, they have to like stop the chair. And time literally is money there, because you know it's like, oh, with each minute that passes of me standing in this line is one less financial you know, investment I made in one of these like skiing runs. So people when it's crowded, it's not just oh I don't like waiting in lines. People see the money that they spent on the day ticking away in the line, and they're irritable when they fight it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian the editor brings a good point. He's like, yeah, but you see that everywhere. That is true because people are getting squeezed and more and more as things become stressful. While also it's the kid to mention that I really understand now, like being a parent, We're like, bro, you want that shit to be so special, and then sometimes you might do a little bit something more than you had to. All bad. And also they got rid of their seating basically at Disneyland, so to keep people like buying shit. They're like, we don't want people sitting down. It's there's less places to sit and even fucking eat. Producer Victor was just there and was just talking about this too. I noticed that when I was there too. It's all bad, y'all. But we're very good and that's going to do it for us today. We will be back tomorrow with a brand new episode. It's gonna be a fucking banjer Banja or a bangor in America or bangor if you're in Maine, exactly exactly until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, be kind to yourself, don't do nothing about white supremacy, take care of your body, and take care of each other for real. Okay, that's how we're gonna make it all right. We'll talk to you then. Bye h