Speaker 1: They say a series doesn't start until the road team wins a game, so I guess that means this series was on from the jump. As the Pacers head back for Game three with the split.
Speaker 2: We'll see you got it. You gotta eat it hard.
Speaker 3: Baby haha.
Speaker 1: And look we're gonna see if okayse he can't return the favor and we'll get into this matchup and more with longtime NBA writer and our legendary producer Jabbari Davis on this episode.
Speaker 2: I'm Miles Great and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is housing Jack got mad Blue swimming. Sorry guy, Lucas. Okay, there you go be driving Spinny number nineteen.
Speaker 3: That's been secure. Let's sell click for Henry Champions, go to the couple ten.
Speaker 1: Jabari Davis, thank you for joining us today on this very what is the penultimate potentially episode of Miles check on Medposts.
Speaker 3: Potentially pencil ultimate even pots.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have one episode after the finals, so it's remains to be seen. Maybe one more, maybe two more. Maybe to say at this point, no, stay tuned for the class.
Speaker 4: We don't know how we're officially announcings.
Speaker 2: I think we mentioned it on Zeitgeist before. Yeah maybe, yeah, I don't know. Word has spread.
Speaker 3: Uh anyway, So.
Speaker 2: So here we are.
Speaker 3: Jabari Davis last week. I'm still gonna stand.
Speaker 1: I still just for my own little I really would like the Pacers to win, but it's it's kind of difficult to stick with this based on what I've seen now that I think the logical side maybe thinks okay, maybe okay, see has this. But also Halliburton has been playing well, so there's a few X factors there.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe okay c k oh the Pacers.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a palindrome.
Speaker 2: Okay, see Funder. Sorry, I've been just nothing to say.
Speaker 4: That I was. I was panic texting both of you after Game one when I said you because you know remember heading into the series, I said two things. I said one, I'm not going to bet against the Pacers anymore, and then I follow that up with I got okay see in five or six. Yeah, game one, I'm sure you guys remember the You could You could probably detect the trembling in my in my text.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: You were.
Speaker 2: I couldn't understand the thing you were writing. You were your fingers were all over the place.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a thing.
Speaker 2: I was very happy after Game one.
Speaker 5: I was like, we were the all only podcasts that were three for three picking the Pacers. Nobody else, Simmons, nobody, Zach Low, nobody. Everybody says okay seeing five, which is still might be. But yeah, I don't know that Pacers come back when just there's just sometimes yeah, when it feels like the NBA postseason is being written by something, you know, there's just.
Speaker 3: Like Emmy winning writer or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and they're just like that and we're gonna have to do it again where they come back from an impossible you know, because.
Speaker 1: What they were down fifteen points in the fourth quarter and then it just it started just chipping away, chipping away, and you could just feel the energy and they're just like, oh is it are they doing it?
Speaker 3: Is it happening?
Speaker 1: And yeah, my goodness, it was like just what seven seconds left, Halliburn just they're like, nah, let's do it, let's do what we do, popped up from the bow and then boom there we go down one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How did you guys feel when you saw him get the ball?
Speaker 3: Because I'm exciting, Like.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, this he's getting this.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if I knew it was in, but I go this and I was like, Oh, it's this. It could happen now, it could happen now. I didn't have quite the confidence of maybe a Magan Gaily as to maybe what was going to happen there, but I did feel like anything is possible.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: I both expected it to go in, and when it did, I screamed so loud in my living room that my seven year old started making fun of me in a way that was genuinely hurtful. No, he was like, oh, my boy, he thinks it's so funny anytime I'm watching basketball because I react so much to it, and like I'm not that you know, I'm not a big emotional person otherwise, and so he's like, he's always like, are you going to get sad about your basketball team again?
Speaker 3: When this happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when this, when this went in, he was like, oh, me and him and my nine year old were laughing, laughing it up. But did Jennie got mad?
Speaker 3: Did you for them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is why this is so amazing.
Speaker 2: It's like they have like a supernatural ability to just like come down from impossible this is uh. I was weep, just tears streaming down my face, and I think they, you know, they kept making fun of me, but I think they ultimately, in the long run, respect me more for it.
Speaker 3: It's wild.
Speaker 2: It's I've been saying since the first round when they were coming back from the against the Bucks in impossible scenarios, did it against the Calves when I was rooting for the Calves, because I was still in a place where I was like, I just think the Calves are gonna have a better shot against the Celtics maybe, And also I think they were like it was it was putting the Pacers up three to one or something in the in the game or two to oll and so I was like, well, I want to see a good series. So I was rooting for the Cavs, so I got the feeling of like what it feels like to just be like, oh, this is inevitable. And when they came back against the Cavs, it's both like they just like suddenly can't miss. They also seem like they have way more energy than the team they're playing against, like down the stretch like and then it's just and then they just spread the court and are just like so deadly. It's a wild But anyways, I felt for the OKAC fans, but not I don't know. Part of me feels like this is just a speed bump on the way to this is just like the two thousand and one finals, is what I've seen a lot of people saying, you know, this was a fun game one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, I don't know, man, Yeah, well we'll talk about it. But like Carlisle sitting at starters when he did at the end of game two, I was like, does he know something is there? Like does he have like a move left that he's just not telling us about. I think he's like, this isn't not here, not like this. We'll go home and then pull it on him.
Speaker 1: I mean, for like, how you know, going into it, it was like, you know this the thunder defense first the Pacers offense. When I was like, when you really look at it, like a third of the possessions the Pacers had the thunder forcing turnovers. Yeah, and that alone that's and I was like, oh, I mean, I know, I know the Pacers won, but that's a lot of turnovers and that means the thunders defense is thundering. It just they just had to figure out that other piece, because after game one, I was like, that feels like the kind of thing that's gonna wake the thunder up for game two, Like they're not gonna let something like that happen in the second game.
Speaker 3: And that's pretty much what went down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the turnovers have been I mean that's always been Halliburton's thing is not turn it over. He had five game two and the Pacers just like couldn't couldn't stop turning it over. It was like, had people googling it. After the first half of Game one, people were like, what's the record for most turnovers? Because they did they have like twenty five turnovers at the half.
Speaker 3: It was something something.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they ended up with only like in the thirties, but still third thirty something turnovers in the finals game is usually a death warrant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, to the point where like if it's an if it is an extended series, we're going to be googling maybe at the halftime of game three, Okay, what's the actual record for turnovers in a series?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh then I mean Game two, night and Day that I was like, man, that like the way the Pacers move, it's amazing. And then you just saw like the one brain defense of the thunder where it was just like without communicating, people just knew when they switched to and it was kind of it was pretty unbelievable to watch that. And that's that was sort of when my confidence started to really shit of it, and I'm like, oh, yes, see, when they defend like this, it doesn't matter how much movement you have off the ball, Like they're they're just gonna they've they've figured you out, and Caruso and Dort and just everybody absolutely just nightmares.
Speaker 4: This feels like a match This feels like a matchup where you know, obviously both teams are great, you know, like they've done whatever they needed to do in order to get here. But it feels like if OKAC plays its best, it is better significantly than the Pacers at their best, Like it can be competitive, but it like if if both teams come to if both you'll think your teams play their strengths. It still feels like, okay see is worthy of the of being the favorites as they have been.
Speaker 2: If the Pacers I can come back and one game one, I feel like the thing that I would have been left with the image of the game would have been loud Dort contesting that shot at the rim where he just like jumped straight up and like like yeah, like above the rim and just straight up and down. It was like one of the best contests that I've ever seen. I've never seen like that play be that cool looking, but he just like went straight up and down and then also was like high enough to be sitting on the rim. It was pretty cool. Uh yeah. I so the things that as people who picked the pacers in there for you know it have so much riding on this. All I care about is being right, as we all do. That's why we podcast is. I think Carlisle still like, you know, he's the only person I've seen beat a team that has this much more talent than him in the finals. In that case, he like did something to Lebron James's brain and Lebron was suddenly like just this like shrinking. Violet was like I don't want the ball, you take it. You take it, Dwayne, And that hurt me because I'm a huge Lebron stand at the time. But like it's just I feel like he figures things out and he like will have things figured out and be like okay, and then this game is when we like pull this part out. I still admire his chess move where he was like, well, you know, we didn't have a great offensive quarter because they had all their best defenders in in the Knick series when Brunson was out with foul trouble, so he was like seeding the idea that the Knicks are better with Brunson on the bench, which was just like a masters It's like such a an annoying move, but also like if you were pulling for the Knicks, you're like, uh I I, but yeah, a little bellichicking. And then the other thing would just be that we've seen okay see like kind of figure things out for a game, but then can like the Denver series was like a real back and forth between okay, see looking like they did in Game two, like really flowing on offense and defense, and then there would be a game where Denver would just like be able to figure something out and like push back. And then you know the other thing that I think is me faith that this could be a series is that Haliburton, who is the best player on the Pacers, hasn't had a good game. Yet he had a big he came up huge for them in the biggest moment in Game one, but he still hasn't played his best and we've seen him play absolutely incredible so far in these playoffs, So you got to think, like, if he's able to like that has always been a thing where I'm you know, I picked the pacers a lot, But I'm also like, if Haliburton doesn't turn into a punkin which he's known to do every once in a while, like he'll just have stretches where you're like, wait, why, you know, you start to understand why people thought he was overrated. So I think in this case it's okay, so he's defense, so it might not just be a thing where it's like I had a bad couple of nights, but yeah, he's a good enough player that maybe I'll be able to figure something out.
Speaker 4: Admittedly, when we got to the fourth quarter of Game two when he only had five points, I think it was like five points, five rebounds or whatnot, I was worried.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yes, credit to Okay sees defense, Credit to the the length and the different looks that they can throw at him, and and and everybody out there, but I was a little bit worried the fact that he, you know, he put up those twelve points in the fourth quarter, whether it's garbage time or not. I mean, we've seen this take place where a player has been struggling, you know, they they you know, they they put together a decent quarter and then suddenly, you know, you get you've got that player feeling good going home, uh you know for game three and maybe you know, maybe all of a sudden he does you'll, you'll come out and dominating ways that we've seen him do it. But you know, but to your point, I'm very much hoping it's not pumpkin time. I'm very much hoping we're not gonna get like a repeat of you know, one of your former favorite players. Uh, you know, like you know what he has done in the postseason, in the biggest moments, over and over. I'm willing to bet that even though big game Gym not big game James, but big game.
Speaker 2: Gym, oh big game Jim.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, even though look I'm standing by okay, see as my pick, I do think that Halliburton finds a way to turn it around, and at least, you know, the the Pacers at least they can get something going at home.
Speaker 2: Sure, I mean, yeah, they've been better at home. Okay, so there's been worse on the road.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: So you know, they're a young team, and I don't know if they're ready for the energy that you feel in Indianapolis. First of all, I don't know if they're ready for that nightlife, you know, you know what I'm yeah, they get some young guys there. They see get to the big city, the head, their tongues rolling out of their mouth.
Speaker 1: All right, well, you know what, why don't we take a quick break so I can just just down this sweat.
Speaker 3: And we'll be right back after this and we're back.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: I'm a little worried about Oklahoma's defense might be something Halliburton can't overcome.
Speaker 2: Calling them Oklahoma is funny to me.
Speaker 1: I like to just call him Oklahoma Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like there's I'm gonna call him city.
Speaker 1: I don't think his defenses is too intense for the pace, No, but like there are just so many moments where like whether it's Halliburton being streaky or they're inspiring the streakiness to come out, I don't know which one it is, And that's what's concerning is because again it's just the randomness of it all or whether they have known. Let's choke off all his options, Let's really make him play and just see what he can come up with, because there were times when like he was getting so frazzled, like just like forgetting to dribble the ball in possession, or like just that one backcourt violation. Just felt like these little things that he wasn't really had all the awareness he really needed to be fully dialed in. And that's that was a bit of a concern for me, who fantasized about putting a bet down on the pacers. In my mind, I'm doing more of a spiritual bet where I will watch with the intensity.
Speaker 2: As if I had as if he were taking the bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is which is actually just as good.
Speaker 2: You know. They a lot of people said I could have made it to the league if I hadn't just I had a problem with forgetting to dribble just frequently pick the ball up and run it down the court. Did I ever tell you about the time I was playing pick up hoops and I checked the ball to the guy at the top of the of the key and then he just started running back and forth with the ball and I was like, that's a travel man, and I just like took the ball from and he was like, Oh, you guys are playing real roles.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well wait, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this was a fancy pickup game.
Speaker 3: Were you eleven?
Speaker 4: He's straight from the yard?
Speaker 2: No, No, this was in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah from the yard?
Speaker 2: Who says that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But even who's Oh, we're so we're playing that? Like it's basically, oh, we're.
Speaker 2: Playing real basketball.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what did you think we were doing? Oh, like rugby, throw around, hoopball or something.
Speaker 2: I think maybe play to like you know, how you can run on the baseline sometimes you don't have to drive, like I think he was thinking you could do that when you checked it up. I'm giving him, like giving him a lot of you are, like, he's put a lot of thought into the rule book. Probably this is like an out of bounds play off of a made basket, right not I don't even know which one it is. That you can run made basket, but off a time out you can't run, right? Yes, all right?
Speaker 1: Anyways, that was the interesting we did find out Tyrese Haliburton was dealing with lower leg discomfort. That might be something, but not not worried about game three availabilities.
Speaker 3: So that I don't know if that that.
Speaker 2: Had lower leg discomfort, but anybody's ever played a game in the finals without dealing with lower lewers. Yeah, not to say I mean I'm tougher than that that I would let that affect me. But like you know, maybe he's not as tough as me. And that's the thing, Like had I always remember to dribble. They say I'm built different, and I would have made it to the leak people say, and a lot of people are saying and it's not me, it's just other people. We should talk about the fun dah our boy Chet my favorite bibliophile, my main man with the best recommendations in the gameberg I mean people, yeah, yeah, check get Chet went on is uh you know things I can't a little bitout and gave his book recommendations talking to talking about uh.
Speaker 1: He was just very transparent. He's like, look, dude, I dropped out of college. A lot of words hurt my brains. I like picture books, man, and these these are what I like to call coffee table books.
Speaker 2: What I like to call coffee table books on some trump stuff with like this is something the phrase I made up instead of that that's the phrase. And then when he showed one, and then was like, and I've got all sorts of different varieties of these is that what variety?
Speaker 3: Variety?
Speaker 2: Rather than saying I've got multiple books, I've got different varieties of books. Anyways, that uh endearing will go with from Chet and he had a better second game. It was almost like they were scared to use him or like they just felt like there was something off with him in game one because they didn't play him much. And he's many people say like second best player on the team, third best player on the team, and really good defender.
Speaker 4: So I have a thought about that. And look, okay, see fans are gonna be man no matter what you say about their team. Look again, I picked you guys. I think Chet's gonna be great. But I will say this, there are times where because I noticed it in both games, there are times where his energy is not great. Uh you know, like if the if the if it's coming to him, you know it's fine, but if it takes that extra effort. I like, if he hasn't gotten off to a good start. I have seen him kind of slump his shoulders a bit, so I know part of me did wonder if that had to I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: That's just what his shoulders look like.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That just.
Speaker 2: It's his body only speaks one.
Speaker 4: Language, all right, No, but no, I I do think when he's giving, you know, max effort, he'd obviously se you know, sees the floor more. But it was good to see him get it going. And you know, in the first quarter of game to the same thing with Jaalen Williams. And I think in the second quarter of game.
Speaker 2: Too, Caruso with twenty off the bench. You got Cruso going twenty off the bench here. That's gonna be a tough one to win because he's taken so many points off the board at the other end, and then if he's like additive on the offensive ends. Yeah, yeah, I don't know, man, it's just as it's not. Look, I didn't say it was going to be an easy win for the Pacers.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 2: McConnell, by the way, just I respect this man. My dad used to coach him.
Speaker 5: I always would just look out there and marvel that this man was out there in an NBA game and he has done nothing but get better. And like now he's contributing in a finals game and he's like a wet Like he's not somebody you have to hide.
Speaker 2: Like he's out there. He's I mean, you kind of have to him on defense, but like he's doing things for you, like he's playing and everyone's like TJ McConnell's like, yeah, like you you wrote in this that he's like playing the berea role in the if we're going back to the Dallas upset of the Heatles. But yeah, he's he's something man doing a lot with a little.
Speaker 4: Aged Shout out to all the former Wildcats in this series.
Speaker 2: Shout out to his sister. Did you see that picture going around? I just got drafted?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, yeah, I didn't know where that was going. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, and then goes down two days after joining Mercury.
Speaker 2: Oh did she Oh yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, right, knee injury in her first game. That sucks, but it's fine, just three to four weeks so it's not like a terrible thing. But yeah, that's that's not a good first memory you want to have.
Speaker 4: With her game.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, point guard, point guard.
Speaker 4: I was not familiar with her game. Okay, all right, t J?
Speaker 2: All right, TJ, way to go on that one.
Speaker 4: Good on your lad.
Speaker 2: Not his wife, his sister, but good on you.
Speaker 4: Good jeans? All right?
Speaker 2: Did he go, TJ? But go TJ's parents. All right? Anything else we want to talk about? The draft is coming up. We've only got a few episodes left. YEA. Does seem like people are moving away from the seventy six ers picking the second best Rutgers guy, which I was happy to see. I think the ringer just had them picking the dude from Texas.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, is there someone you would actually actively prefer?
Speaker 2: I think the guy from Texas sounds good, But I don't know who you guys like and are you Are you doing any draft research?
Speaker 4: I haven't yet, but I was gonna say, you know, to each of those guys credit, at least they weren't matched up with somebody else that's also in the top five. And you know their college team.
Speaker 2: Wasn't good, so and their college team was bad. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: As a Laker fan, I just look at these as little trading tokens that we use.
Speaker 4: That that's the saddest part, because no, Jack, that really is how we look at the draft.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe that's how the rest of the league looks at our teams. I just think of the Sixers as a farm team for the Lakers, and like I had some hope at one point that you know, our best player, Joel Embiid might one day, you know, graduate to the big show aka being on the Lakers. But it doesn't look like he's gonna make it there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not for everybody. The Lakers aren't for everybody.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of pressure, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure, a lot of real hard pressure, that's for sure. The one thing is they say Kevin Durant, that trade seems to be about that it's bubbling and then maybe the Knicks might pursue him, which would be something that would.
Speaker 2: Be interesting, suns. Is that the idea, what's the one you're hearing?
Speaker 4: I heard today was between like Houston, San Antonio and who's the thirteen.
Speaker 2: Wind Horse Windy the wind Man, the Horseman of the Apocalypse believes Kevin Durant will be traded in coming weeks amid Nick's rumors. That's exciting, like I'd like to see him on I think I heard one trade that was like him for Cat because Hat and uh Booker homies and former Wildcats Durant would be fun. But like, does that improve the Knicks that much? I think I think it's maybe good for them long term because I think Durant has less on his contract right in the future.
Speaker 4: What it also does is like in a series, you're not overly reliant upon a six foot guard like and this is taking nothing away from Jalen Brentsword because he was absolutely spectacular, but being able to have both of them in the in those scenarios, I feel I'd feel better about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joannis also looks like he's ending the speculation.
Speaker 2: Huh what did he say?
Speaker 1: He wants to return with the Bucks.
Speaker 2: He's going to return with the Bucks. There are we'll see the Milwaukee Bucks me I think Milwaukee geez.
Speaker 3: No, actually the knuck if you Bucks.
Speaker 1: I believe he's going to Apparently there's no they're saying there isn't much of a market for Yannis right now, with him not telling Milwaukee he wants to leave in them not actively pursuing anything, and then there's a year Hoops article that's saying that, yeah, he wants to go back to the finals with the Bucks. So he said that finals are different. I hope to be back soon with the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool, man.
Speaker 1: But again, these are words being spoken now. Terms and conditions obviously I think apply. But I think for right now, he's doing the thing. I mean, everything that the rumors are saying. It doesn't seem like a lot's happening. But I feel like, obviously that all that can change based on anything.
Speaker 5: That's cool that he wants to go back to the finals with the Bucks. I want to go to the finals with the seventy six ers and like play point guard. So yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope it happens for him, and I hope it happens for me. Should we take a break, Let's take a break. Let's take a break. We'll be back for the rapid fire round of questioning. Jabbari posted on your own Petard.
Speaker 3: All right, John Luc Pitard, and we're back, Javari.
Speaker 4: Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Love and I hate that this has to happen, but you are now in the hot seat. This is the fasting question answer for Rabers question.
Speaker 2: All in sports, My best.
Speaker 3: He said that, Yeah, I just took the micro machines got jobs. That's how quick I said that. Now, you know we do we don't ask a questions really quickly. Don't even think about this back quickly.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Is doing an event? You know what I mean? Okay, are you ready? Do you accept the terms and conditions?
Speaker 4: I do accept?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he accepted the terms and conditions. He's going to beat them fourteen pages. I know, guess one tricket financial products that you've just agreed to go in on with my hole today.
Speaker 1: Now, Jabari, bring me that spleen that you just gave me.
Speaker 3: The urns are not favorable, Jack, do you.
Speaker 2: Want to go first? I'll go first, Miles if that's okay with you.
Speaker 1: It's not okay with me, but I'd like to be polite, so you go ahead.
Speaker 2: Okay, see this player or that player, Jabari, this is a little thing that you invented. Now I'm going to use it to you. You gave me just enough rope to hang you with man, all right, you next.
Speaker 1: Up the interesting line to come from a white guy's interesting?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 4: And you just how much rope did you need?
Speaker 2: Just the right amount.
Speaker 3: There's some strange fruit on these trees, don't.
Speaker 2: Jabari. You said this player that player. Let's ask the ultimate this player that player. It's the final ish episode, it's the finals. Michael Jordan's in today's game, poor Lebron James in the nineties peak both Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you can't go wrong. You cannot go wrong with either. And while yes, I would always love to see Lebron play against some of those guys, give me Michael Jordan no matter what, right now, because for one, I want him in today's game, but I also want him in today's world with social with Yes, I want peak Michael Jordan with social media, a camera that megalone everywhere, and yes, please give me that.
Speaker 2: If he is entering the league now, is he signing with the Paul Brothers? Like what you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like? What is he?
Speaker 2: What is he an influencer? Like what does that look like? Like he's just.
Speaker 1: I no one, man, Let me see I do like streaming, like I r L streaming.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, probably he would be because as we saw in the Last Dance, he's a real like music fan, right, he'd be like somebody who like was a DJ on the side or something like that.
Speaker 4: You know, he'd be like I mean the gn X concert.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or I could also just see him like being like reallyto like Mary J. Blige and like kind of old like nineties like for his age, like man's always listened to like washed R and B Man.
Speaker 2: Is this what? Yeah? I think that would be the most interesting because like I feel like Lebron would just be a better magic slash, Like it'd be like Malone, Like magic in Malone's body is like kind of what and we kind of we saw what those guys look like in the nineties, Like Jordan today, I just don't I have no idea how his game develops, you know, like because he would probably be shooting ten threes a game and he'd probably be making a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah Jordan at from Deep Shooting game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a complete stopper like every So that that would be the most that would be the most interesting. I don't know, like I could see it going either way.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for him to have today's slang available to him.
Speaker 4: Is it Is it fair? Is it fair to say like it would could potentially be something like what we're seeing from.
Speaker 2: Aunt maybe yeah, I mean ten three is a game with.
Speaker 4: That athleticism, not quite as seemingly physically imposing.
Speaker 2: But right, there's some things that he would do when he got like he used to be like, Ant's good going to the basket, Like he kind of needs a lane and let like MJ was just like so creative when he got in there, and like would always run away.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I feel like it'd be better than what we're seeing from Ant personally.
Speaker 1: Jab next question, uh, oh Shack. He recently said quote, I would definitely love to play in this era. I would still bring the football pain and I would be different. I'd be watching these podcasts. Oh Shack couldn't play in this era. He couldn't guard the three. It would be simple. As soon as Joker shoots the three, I'm gonna run right past and I'm gonna post up in the lane for one hundred seconds. So if you hit the three, good, But I know by the time we get the ball and throw it down, I'm definitely going to.
Speaker 2: Hit the two.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make more twos than you hit threes, So I will probably only shoot a three like if we got up, but I would not go away from my strength. My strength is power and hype. So I'm going to take the high percentage shots. What team benefits the most. Who's an instant winner by signing prime Shaquille O'Neal.
Speaker 4: The Los Angeles Lakers, thank you well, ye questions, we're doug here by the way, I love Shaq, I one love Shack. And while I wish, I wish we could see Jordan, I don't know that Shaq really would want to play in today's world with all of the scrutiny, with all of the eyes and I mean no disrespect of certain people. I don't see I don't see that as a great fit. I don't necessarily think he would love it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: I think we just if we purely focus on just the basketball of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I give it, Give me that every day of the week.
Speaker 1: Because he is truly one of those few players you're like, oh, like in any era, because people talk all the time, they're like, bro, they they can't hand No one could handle Shack right now, nobody, nobody.
Speaker 4: That's why it was funny. And you know what, the cute little Twitter decisions or excuse me discussions, they're fun at times. But there was just at one point, there was an actual debate whether like Draymond or any of the undersized centers from today would be able to match up physically, you know with Check and so, yeah, you didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: I mean like Raymond, yes, like that's that.
Speaker 4: That was a conversation. That was a social media conversation.
Speaker 2: Because he had six fouls. You put them in the line six times, but then you're you're also out of the game. I do think Check would be able to body up with him, though, I think that that would be like that they would have to make that illegal. They would have to make it illegal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess who would be the closest, like, because obviously Shaky said Rick Smith's is the one person that gave me the most problems.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a lot of Rick Smith's out there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, who are the Rick Smiths of today?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's you know, it's the person I would give him trouble is the guy he mentioned and he specifically mentioned it because of insecurity. The Joker versus Shack would be match. It would be I would watch that eighty two games a year if I could.
Speaker 1: What about Steven Adams, He just maybe from a brute maybe, like from a brute side of it, everything else might just be like he can he's not afraid of a physical physical contact, but every other skill set he's I.
Speaker 4: Think right there is where it is.
Speaker 3: He's not afraid of it, but you know, but he should slow him down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put another Steven Adams on the barbie.
Speaker 2: I do feel like his analysis of how he'd win by giving Joker open threes and then making two's is like a little bit like his analysis of how you keep from having to pay too much for gas. Yeah, is you only let it get down to a quarter a three quarters tank and then you fill it back up stage four boom, so you never have to pay that much twenty dollars Earnie.
Speaker 3: But I guess, yeah, how much would the game change with Shack in it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Like with the league if he was there and we had a Shack type player?
Speaker 1: Now with that, are we now entering a different cod Like does the emphasis become different with a player like Shack rather than like the space and pace kind.
Speaker 4: Of a I think we're already in a situation where the league is getting we're getting varied styles again, But we would really have to get varied styles because you simply couldn't game plan against him the way that you did against most of the league.
Speaker 1: Right right, Jack, You got another question? Or should I hit him with the final question? Hit him with the final the close final question? Jack Er Miles, Oh yeah, bring it back.
Speaker 4: Wow you know.
Speaker 2: Guys, Nope, I know what you're about to say.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna shoot me?
Speaker 4: Man, I could not possibly. It's like asking me to pick my from between my children, which I do not have any for some reason, comparing you guys to children.
Speaker 2: But you great, this should be easy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go ahead, but I'll say this, man, why wait for the last show. This has been such an incredible run. I really I trow. I so much appreciate working with the two of you, as well as Brian. You're the plus one Brian. No, I so much appreciate working with the three of you for these episodes that uh you know it is. It has opened doors for me in ways that I can't explain, and it has been a hell of a ride. So thank you, guys.
Speaker 3: I choose both.
Speaker 2: I choose you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a little bit I didn't hear Jack or Miles.
Speaker 5: My brain just turned off. Now I can tell by the tone that you weren't going to pick either of us. Yes, so I checked out her wish.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, I wish.
Speaker 3: I wish you luck out there.
Speaker 4: Man Man, I'll be all right.
Speaker 2: No, but the feeling is we do the last episode without Jabari and the show is just a complete disaster. We don't even know who. The finals so bad.
Speaker 4: They're like no, no, no, what hey are we sure?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Well, Jabbari Davis, thank you so much for being a seminal part of Miles Man. Boosty is an originator, the foundation.
Speaker 3: Of the show. When we were like, we're like, what do we want to work with, We're like.
Speaker 1: Jabbari Jabari, no question. Simple, It's that simple. It was not even it was a no brainer like Shock coming back in the league for us Man. So honestly, you d us.
Speaker 2: It's more of a no brainer than Shack coming back in the league. I actually didn't believe what both of you were saying about Shack coming back in the league. I think you would be defensive liability. Bum City.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's a double laded sword.
Speaker 4: It's a double A big and strong cat okay, uh j right, where.
Speaker 3: Do the people find you?
Speaker 4: Follow you and all that on Twitter and Blue Sky.
Speaker 3: IM you can find me at Miles of Gray everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm at Jack Underscore Brian on Twitter and Jack ob the number one on be Sky. And if you're if you follow the discord for boosties, you should just go to the Daily Discord and we'll be u We'll be over there.
Speaker 4: And to that point, shout out and thank you very much to Paul Garaventa all of the folks in the discord.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold it down.
Speaker 4: You kept the conversation going and you took care of things.
Speaker 5: Legend d Discord master class by gav.
Speaker 2: With that City Funda's.
Speaker 3: City City Funda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Paul gravent A, big cheers to you by I one absolutely uh uh and all and all the listeners to We will be back and the love fest will continue because it's not the last episode. But we're almost there.
Speaker 2: But bye, almost there, bye.
Speaker 5: H h
Speaker 4: H