Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys defeated the Giants twenty seven to twenty. Cowboys rig nited the game ground game excuse me, securing the fourth one hundred yard rush game of the season. Ric o'dowdle led the way with a career high one hundred and twelve yards doing twenty two carries. It's his first hunder yard game as a professional. It's also the Cowboys first by a player a Cowboy player since Tony Pollard in Week three of twenty twenty three. That also responsible for Cowboys first rushing attempt of at least twenty yards this year. The star of the Cowboys was Uh, the Marrion overshawn. He secured both of Dallas turnovers, recovering the fumble reforced by Eric Kendrick and on Tyrone and Tyrone Tracy and catching his own batted pass.
Speaker 3: And you know he ran.
Speaker 2: That back for a pick six that was on Drew locked because you see the guy right there, you go up and over the top, you.
Speaker 1: Don't throw it. Yeah, hey, listen.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys defensively, they played very well. They played very very well on the run pass game. Man, they played they played really well, especially at the point of attack. They were very physical upfront, not allowing the Giants to have their way and impose their will. So I like what I saw from the Cowboys today. But can you do it against the better teams? Can you do it consistently against the teams that have winning records? That's where the issue comes to the play for them. Uh, I didn't. I'm hoping. I'm hoping everything is okay with Ceedee Lamb. I see he left the game. Uh maybe late second maybe early third quarter. Something wrong with the shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know he had that bruise rotator what the AC joint. But they ain't got nothing. Oh Joe d ain't got nothing to do with I'm dropping them down passes. Now, I ain't gonna let you do that. Okay, okay, yeah, I ain't evenna let you do that.
Speaker 3: Play on his shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know you're about the Drag's about the drag rope I'm talking about. He dropped three up, he turned into a retriever. All he did was picked the ball up and handed to the official. His job as a receiver, his job is to catch the ball, not to retrieve the ball. Yes, sir, Yes, he dropped three. He had six targets. He had two catches. Malik Nabors, same thing for you, bro, Yeah, y'all yapping about walking the ball, but you dropping it.
Speaker 3: He threw it to you and you throw it back.
Speaker 2: Added So, yeah, I saw CD get dragged out on the shoulder, But that wasn't why he's dropping those fasces.
Speaker 3: That's lack of concentration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, most definitely the same thing with elite neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna bring up the drop balls, but since.
Speaker 3: You, why not you got to, I know.
Speaker 5: Since you brought it, since you brought it to a head, and boy, no you got you got to catch that pill. Baby, that's the that's the money. That's your money maker. That's your money maker. That that browns that that brown ball they called the duke.
Speaker 1: You got to love that. You got to love that.
Speaker 5: You gotta love that more than you love your family, because nor the Fijia family. You gotta catch that duke. They they're gonna be all right though, were gonna we're gonna get that together. That ain't nothing but lonch jug machine at the practice, even in week twelve, Lon jug Machine at the practice.
Speaker 1: Gonna hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not elite neighbors of the rookie. What that gotta do is you catching the ball. You caught the ball, and if you caught the ball, that's something you've been doing all your life. Oh Joe, we're not asking him to make spectacular catchers, like when they throw you the ball in the frame of your body catching, that's all we ask it. No, no, we don't need no Odell Beckham. We don't need nothing spectacular. When they throw you the ball, on Joe, you catch it. At some point in time, you got to realize everything is not meant to be a spectacular. Everything is not to be meant to be a catch and run, oh Joe for forty yards. You have to understand situation. You know what the most important thing here is to get this first down. Let me get this and get on the ground. Yeah, a lot of If you look at CD, what ceed he tried to do, he tried to get up wrong? Yeah, I I ain't never seen the ca I ain't never seen the catch that hit the ground first, right, if you dropping it in a catch, I don't care. Oh you jumping up and downson? But ooh want to be going hey, and you would have, but you're not. You're going You're going back to the huddle. Come on, guys, I get look, everybody, it wasn't no sun today. Ain't nobody kensplaining about no sun? O Joe, ain't no sun.
Speaker 1: It wasn't now, It wasn't out, It wasn't out.
Speaker 5: A small lack of concentration, split second, taking your eyes off the ball.
Speaker 2: But Ojo, normally when you have one of those drops early, what do you do? You concentrate, you focus even more? It seemed like CD.
Speaker 3: He laughed.
Speaker 2: Concentration he laughed even more. Come after that he kept it out of pants. Yeah, Cooper rush for twenty one to thirty six one touchdown. Like you said, they read the ball, o joe, basically about four yards of carry. They had thirty two cared.
Speaker 1: That ain't bad.
Speaker 3: Now you can live.
Speaker 1: Not the greatest, but it ain't bad.
Speaker 3: Look, you could only beat who's on your schedule.
Speaker 2: We know the Giants aren't very good, but we've seen the Cowboys lose games like this before also, so give them credit for keeping focused on a short week, not still celebrating the victory in Washington, coming out there handling their business today. When you get two witched string two together, now you get to Now you get about six five or six days off before you get ready.
Speaker 3: For the next Sunday.
Speaker 2: You still look everything you you gonna probably need to run the table, oh joe, in order to get the get one of these playoff spots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wild Card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you getting three.
Speaker 2: Teams out of the NFC North Minnesota, Green Bay, and Detroit. So there's only one spot left, right, Cowboys, San Francisco, Seattle, Arizona.
Speaker 5: Well there's one problem. What and that goes for all Cowboys fans in the chat I have. This is no disrespect to y'all. Yeah, the Cowboys do need to run the table to have a chance at a spot. You knew, you do know they play You do know they play the Bengals Monday night, right in Jerry's world? Right, Yeah, okay, I'm just making sure. I'm just making sure you understand what they got, what they got coming up.
Speaker 2: Y'all defense, y'all defense terrible, y'all might do somethings. Y'all better be able to block. Can y'all block that the front?
Speaker 3: Huh? Can y'all block the front?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna be fine, you know, Joe, Joe, listen, Joe getting the ball out of his hands quick. Anyway, As matter of fact, we're gonna, we're gonna we're gonna establish the run first, getting them boys get the front tied up there. Michael Parson is gonna be frustrated, you know, he gonna he gonna get mad because the ball's gonna be coming out.
Speaker 1: It's gone.
Speaker 2: Hold hold on, hold on, Cowboy fans, what are y'all talking about? Y'all gonna win the division?
Speaker 3: Y'all? Two and one? Do y'all understand the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Record and they trying, they trying to get a reaction out of y'all.
Speaker 2: See, O Yo, this the delusion. This is why Jerry's how he is, because he know his fans are gullible.
Speaker 3: They're the loot. They're the loot.
Speaker 2: They're gonna believe anything that he sells them, and it serves him right.
Speaker 3: I'll be glad.
Speaker 2: I'll be glad when it's like in like three weeks, when they get put out of their misery, and then what they're gonna say, Wait the next year, and I'll be right here. Guess what not cavin be right here next in twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, and y'all still ain't going nowhere. But look, like I said, Ojo, you could only beat who's on your schedule. Yeah, not a Like I said, We've seen the Cowboys lose games like this before. Yes, sir, they won today. Give them credit for that. I thought they ran the ball extremely well. The defense got after Drew Locke made it very, very tough. I mean, think about o' joe day. I mean they ran the ball twenty one times for one hundred and sixteen yards.
Speaker 3: That's the day. That's all five yards to carry.
Speaker 1: That's that's enough to beat the Giants. Let's let's let's keep this.
Speaker 3: I'm saying. I'm saying the Giants rush for twenty one for one sixteen.
Speaker 1: No I'm okay, okay, I'm saying, is it doubt them?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm saying no. The Cowboys rushed thirty two for one two. The Giants rushed twenty one for one sixteen. But what about putting this out? But here's the thing, though, o Jo, you gave up a scooping score. I mean, you gave up a pick six and you gave up in another fumble the result. So there go right there. That's the game basically played into a standstill on offense. But when you turn the ball over, I mean, what do you expect to happen?
Speaker 1: You pay double for that you do.
Speaker 2: The last game of the night, Oh Joe, the Package defeated the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I'm mad, man.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I got you mad for y'all been terrible. Y'all been terrible when the weather drops below thirty degrees even before you was born.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm mad about.
Speaker 5: We ain't played listen, even when Dan Marino was there the Dolphins, we just do not play well when it comes to cold weather and most of the time when we make it to the playoffs. When we do have an opportunity to go to the playoffs, we always have to go somewhere where's cold, whether it be Buffalo. Every time we go to Buffalo in December, what happens every time.
Speaker 1: We make it to the playoffs and have to play Buffalo, what happens?
Speaker 3: Yeah, time we.
Speaker 1: In cold weather, I don't know what it is. We don't get it else.
Speaker 2: The coldest game y'all had played in Miami seventy seven degrees, the other cold game with fifty something in Buffalo. And then all of a sudden you get into the twenties and youre talking about you don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is what's always been happening. It's been our Achilles. I keep saying our you know people in the chat. I'm from Miami, I'm from Liberty City. I was born in Dade County at Jackson Morrial Hospital. So when my team growing up as a little kid was the Miami Dolphins. You know, the Marx brothers, Marino anyway, But I consider myself I always say we I don't know what it is about the cold weather unk and it's.
Speaker 1: Been this way, Yes you do. Okay, I know what it is. I know what you're trying to say.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, at what point are we gonna get over the hunk where we perform just as well as we do when it's hot in the goddamn cold.
Speaker 1: When you get over the hunk, don't I don't know, man, when.
Speaker 2: You're gonna learn how to drive, When you learn how to drive, I don't know what you want to say. You just got to do it, Oh jump, you just gotta do it.
Speaker 5: Can I drive as efficient as I can in the heat? I got to do it in the snow, that's the question.
Speaker 2: Because it's a different type of driving in snowy conditions than it is in the summertime. You don't drive the same in Georgia as you do in Colorado, as you do in New York, as you do in Baltimore, as you doing upstate New York or Michigan or Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: You don't, well, you.
Speaker 5: Know, when it comes when it comes to playing football, it ain't no goddamn different.
Speaker 1: I didn't play it in the cold. I didn't play it in the cold.
Speaker 3: I know what you do.
Speaker 1: It's still the same game, huh. It's still the same game.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing when Cincinnati played that cold game back in the early eighties and they got Sandyego in the temperature with the fifty nine degrees. One team is used to playing in cold weather. Oh yo, y'all practice in cold weather. Yeah, I'm not breaking news to anybody. There is a difference the ball. That ball is harder, it feels like a brick. Normally the wind is blowing. So now all of a sudden, the ball playing tricks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, Hell is going to have to figure out the ball wasn't playing tricks on the Packers.
Speaker 2: Because the Placats practicing that. So how you how do you get cold? I want you to tell me that. How do you get cold weather in Miami? So you can practice in twenty degrees?
Speaker 1: You can't. It's impossible. It's impossible to emulate it. It's impossible.
Speaker 3: Because let me ask you a question. But I don't know how y'all used to do it.
Speaker 2: But when they had turf fields, we would go inside the dome and practice on turf. So we get used because you run different on turf than you do.
Speaker 5: Grass grass, Yeah, I know, it's yeah, and you on turf you much got damn faster too.
Speaker 3: I don't know about all that.
Speaker 2: I know my knees hurt, my hips hurt, and my back hurt from running on that hard at Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hold look what about falling? Yeah, but it.
Speaker 3: Was it was concrete.
Speaker 2: It ain't like the stuff the field turf they got now, that was concrete with with a layer of carpet on it. Man playing in the old Vet Cincinnati was terrible too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kansas City was terrible too. I heard about him staying. The old Astrodome was awful also, Like I said, there was no field turf with at first everything you know, they had artificial turf. Kansas City, Cincinnati, Uh, the Astrodome? Who the Vet? The vat was the worst. The VET was the worst. That was the worst stadium. Every year it was voted the worst, the worst stadium.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think that. I think Soldiers the Soldier Field. I think Soldier.
Speaker 2: Field had turs early on and they went to grass later if I'm not mistaken, But o Jo, they're just gonna have to find a way to get past that. They're gonna they're gonna have to two. It was thirty seven and forty six three fifty three sixty five two touchdown. Really got lucky on one that've all popped up, you know normally. Yeah, he hit John new and got a great jump on the ball. Yeah, but you know normally that ball popping there like that on the way, it's a it's a pick. But give Tyreek credit. He kept uh, he followed through Kevin heading the game. I mean what they have almost four hundred yards of offense. I don't know how much I take to that Oya, because they had to throw. They throwing the whole game. They're behind for the most part by three scorers the entire night. So but they've got to find a way, oh Jo, they got to start faster than these cold games, because you know, like when you it's it's psychological, Oh Joe, you go in the cold weather game, and all of a sudden, you find yourself down. O your you're down two scores, you're down three score and it get colder.
Speaker 1: You think the muff punt. Yeah, they recover.
Speaker 5: Already already in territory. They score, So they go up and you put yourself behind a ball. You put yourself behind the ball, and now you're playing from behind right away, not giving this chance against a really good team, a very good Green Bay Packers team.
Speaker 1: I don't make it no easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, john Ne Smith is putting together his last his last month has been really.
Speaker 3: Really impressive. He's had to come to under yard games.
Speaker 1: Volved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I always thought that. I thought he was good.
Speaker 2: You know, they kind of used him as a blocker when he was in Tennessee, and then I think he went to New England and Tom Brady wasn't there, so they don't know how to use the tight end like Brady knew how to use the tight end. But again, Jordan Love was was sensational throwing the ball twenty one, twenty eight, two seventy four two touchdown. Craft was involved. Watson, uh reed, he didn't have very many, you know, targets. I mean he had six three catches twenty four yards through touchdown. But you know one thing about the pack they got a bunch of young, good ride.
Speaker 1: Receivers man, young boys man.
Speaker 2: And you know who they remind you of, you know who? They're a Green Bay drafted receiver. Remind you of the Steelers. You remember Steelers had that run and they still do drafting receivers. You know, you had Antonio Brown, Emanuel Sanders, and you have a Mikells, Mike Wallace. Yes, yes, all all those guys. You know, you had hands behind, you had Randa lel and you had playing and send Tonio Homes.
Speaker 1: It's just like a pipeline line receivers.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's so funny. The Packers receiver so young, I call it. I call it they like they like a maraternity. It's like they're.
Speaker 1: Still in college.
Speaker 5: A bunch of college boys just happened to be playing in the NFL on the same goddamn team. That's how young them, boy, That's that's what they remind me of, a bunch of frat boys playing receiver for the Packers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the Dolphins on your they really, like I said, And that's the thing that concerned me.
Speaker 3: And that's why I can't take them.
Speaker 2: Serious, because they're not gonna have home field, and you're gonna have to go someplace. It's cold in Kansas City in January. It's cold in Buffalo in January. It's cold in Baltimore in January. It's cold in Pittsburgh in January. So any possible place that they can be if Cincinnati is Cincinnati I mean, whatever the case may be, it's cold in the places that it could possibly that they could possibly have to go. And so that's what's concerning. That's what's really concerning to me. Denver, if Denver, you know, Denvers look like they're gonna possibly be a wild card. It gets cold in Denver. Trust me, I believe you're there in January. It's cold as hell. Yeah, And so that's the thing, oh Joe, That's why it's hard for me to take them serious. Where people say, are they are they can they be a contender?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If they were, If they were if they had Kansas City's record and now or Buffalo's record with a chance to get home field throughout the playoffs, but having to go on the road. Yeah, if you know that, there's a region why they've only you know, and I think probably when they when they went to the Super Bowl back in the seventies, they probably had home field and it forced Pittsburgh or one of the other AFC teams maybe.
Speaker 3: Whomever they faced.
Speaker 2: You had to come there, right, But all I know is that since I've been old enough to watch Dolphins play, anytime they had to go to Buffalo or they had to go to a cold weather Denver or cold weather Kansas City. They ain't coming out there with no victory. Oh I remember, they're not coming out there with no victory. Remember Washington as a kid, it was it was the same way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so damn uh. Look, I think the Cowboys gonna rate quick.
Speaker 5: Okay, now I'm gonna say, now I think about it. That was a good slate of game today in the Cowboys that.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe not the Cowboy Giants. But I enjoyed the Packers game. Obviously on the end of the Packers and the cheese heads because the way they look. But they got damn Chicago Bears a Lions game that was exciting. I thought the Lions would was getting ready to run away with it for a minute. Yeah, the opportunity to run away and really extend that lead in that second quarter.
Speaker 1: But after halftime, the Bears made it interesting that they did.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that really hurt them. They looked like they was about to go put seven or the worst case scenario three on the board would give fumble. Yeah, now that was different. It would have been over right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, all of a sudden, it's a twenty three three ball game. But give the Bear. What I liked about the Bears. They came out of the half o hoke and they needed to touch down in the worst way. They needed that because if they don't get a touchdown there, Detroit gets the ball, Detroit goes down. They got a touchdown, and so now you're already behind, and you had the ball for six seven minutes and you didn't have anything to show for it. Right, the Bear showed me some resiliency. But that bone head played by the coach.
Speaker 3: M yeah, mm hmmm mm hmmm. That's unforgivable blow. Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because he's had too many of them.
Speaker 3: He's had too many of them.
Speaker 1: Ojoe Yeah.
Speaker 2: Deebo Samuel responds to the idea that Kyle Shannon has should be on the hot seat Super Bowl, NFC championship, year after that NFC championship again last year's Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Why are you saying he's on the hot seat.
Speaker 5: He doesn't understand how the business works. But just here hearing the fact that Shanahan is even on the hot seat. We talked about one that's going to be sought after from every other team. I wish you would let someone like Shanahan go and allow his staff in that office to go somewhere else, especially go somewhere else that has a has a quarterback, have a decent quarterback at that then he going to build the same exact thing with that same exact offense extension.
Speaker 3: He didn't. He just sign the extension last year.
Speaker 5: Well, in this business, you know, when something like this comes out, you know what's coming from inside the house, right, yeah, me, the call is coming from inside the house when stuff like this comes.
Speaker 3: Out in years?
Speaker 2: Was it because he had like a year left on the contract, so he signed a five year extension because he had like a six year, six or seven year deal to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you know, you know, you know how this NFL live.
Speaker 3: So this so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, once he making eight now a year because he had a he had a contract that was like six years forty two million.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, right rightfully sodo right, oh Yoe fourteen a year? Yeah right right, get up right.
Speaker 2: You do realize, you do realize on Joe, like when you get rid of the head coach, his whole staff, he ain't got stay, he ain't got guys on one year deals, y'all. He signed through twenty twenty seven, right, twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, So that's three year, that's forty two million. I don't think he's on the hot seat, considering he just the man just came up the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I know, but you know how you know how how fickled the NFL is and how fickle.
Speaker 3: That's not New York family. They don't operate like that.
Speaker 1: But then it would it wouldn't be out that something like this wouldn't even leak. Mhm, you heard me.
Speaker 5: Where there's where there's smoked where they smoked this fire. Stuff like this comes from inside the house always.
Speaker 2: Well, it ain't coming from John Lynch, because John Lynch got the job because of cow shar in a hand.
Speaker 3: So who is it jetting?
Speaker 1: Then York ain't York ain't no telling?
Speaker 2: Hey, well good luck with that one. He'd be unemployed. He'd be unemployed all of like one hour.
Speaker 1: Too, one hour, thirty minutes, thirty minutes if.
Speaker 3: That, yeah, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Details have emerged of Bryce Underwood's flipp to michigan O. Uncle Larry Ellison pointed up the reported twelve million dollars Dave Portnoy gave him a marketing deal with Barstool. Tom Brady had numerous conversations with him. This is how the crazy, this is now the crazy. It's recruitment story of all time is nil headed to a dangerous territory. Now Larry Ellison is the second second most wealthiest man in the world behind Elon Musk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean no, it's not handed a headed the danger's territory. Listen, you got involved, you gotta evolved with the times list and these are the times that we're in right now, similar to that of the NFL.
Speaker 1: It's become a business.
Speaker 5: It just become a business now at the collegiate level a time where before you remember college players on they was having a steal. They were having a steal just to eat. They was having a steal just to put close on your back. Now they have an opportunity as young men to earn a living, especially those that might not make it to the lecture level, for those that might not make it to the next level.
Speaker 1: And that that that's all to come down to.
Speaker 2: That's all about how many, how many, how many, how many? How many universities got a Larry Ellison as a booster?
Speaker 1: I mean not very many, not very many, but that's not that's not.
Speaker 2: The second, none of them. None, because he's the second wealthiest man in the world. So I know of them got Larry Ellison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if that's the case and everybody, they might want to go to Michigan. But that's not that's not the case.
Speaker 1: And I am even the playing field for all schools.
Speaker 3: But what what happened?
Speaker 2: They were paying players too, But the team that had the most money, what did they keep.
Speaker 1: Up end up doing getting the best players?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: So now whoever has the most money, who's gonna get the best player? So guess what, You're gonna flip it again. You gonna be right back to square one. What you said, what you said you didn't want to pay Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's gonna it's gonna work like that, even even with someone like Larry Ellison. That's a part of Michigan. I still don't think Michigan is a place where people are going to go. You know what, I'm going to Michigan because Larry Ellison's gonna pay me?
Speaker 2: No no ojo, what kid? What kid is gonna turn down? Twelve? And this was twelve.
Speaker 1: Every kid coming out ain't gonna be worthy of No. Twelve. So we can, we can.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, every kid ain't gonna be a five star or one of the most solt after players in college.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's a listen. It's it's what Diamond doesn't. Now, Diamond doesn't every so.
Speaker 5: Often a quarterback that's special like that, to be able to command and warrant that kind of money, it's gonna come.
Speaker 1: They're not. They're not falling out the trees like that.
Speaker 2: What you mean because now he got a twelve million and he got a marketing deal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, most definitely. Man get everything, you can get everything.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no problem with it. Yeah, they're gonna have to They're gonna have to listen. You're gonna have to put parameters on it, because you know, when you don't put are rails on something, it goes over the rails, O Joe, it goes off the cliff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't like the parameters.
Speaker 2: You got to why because you can't. It has to be organized, it has to be regulated. But why we don't.
Speaker 5: Regulate the university is and how much they able to make off the players. We don't regulate them doing that. Now the players have opportunity to make money off their likeness and not be going to regulate it.
Speaker 2: Noo, it's the same thing with alcohol. What happened with marijuana. When they found out a way to tax it, What did they do, o joe? They legalized it, thank you see list. But they had had to be regulation.
Speaker 1: Oh, it didn't have to be.
Speaker 5: They regulated when they found a way they could monetize off of it. So wait a minute, listen to me, stay with me real quick. Now, there was a time where the players got nothing and the only person that monetized off the player's likeness was universities. Now the players are making the money and not having to give anything to the universities.
Speaker 1: Now we want to regulate it, so university so the universities can monetize.
Speaker 2: Again, stop saying that top players always got money.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what you mean.
Speaker 5: I know what you mean everything, Okay, okay, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: I think I think what's gonna happen is that Congress is gonna intervene and they're gonna say because you know, somebody's gonna get mad. Because eventually somebody gonna get mad because they lost somebody, and it's gonna be somebody powerful, that handsome, that handsome pool and then guess what oo because a lot of times how they look the players that's making this money, how they.
Speaker 1: Look, Oh, I got you?
Speaker 3: You know what's coveing? I got it? You know what's coming?
Speaker 1: I got you?
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: All I do is Hey, I was going here your this other school over here got six million for me.
Speaker 3: Do you know six million? Do you know what twelve million dollars?
Speaker 2: This kid here at twelve million dollars might be great for this kid to rest here? Hey, and he got a marketing deal. I will live on campus. I will live on campus as long as I could, because I know my brother went to the legal Joe. He's like, man, you want to live off campus? I sure do. Not to battle state provide room and board for free. I ain't trying to pay no folks. Five six hundred dollars, Boy, that's money in my pocket. I would go eating the cap, take my ma asks in the cafeteria, eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm a shower, and I'm gonna stand in the dorm with the with the rest of the team and save my money. That's what I would do to stay right there in that dorm, eat that dorm food. It ain't all that bad as ay. Then I go off every campus every once in a while, get me a nice little meal. But oh man, please, i'mna leave.
Speaker 3: I will leave.
Speaker 2: I will leave there with six and a half. I would leave in the half with six and a half seven million in my pocket. Yeah, for sure, absolutely I like it. But the regulations goa come. We talked about travel or that's old. Coach Prime goes off on Travis hunter snub for the Jump Thorpe for war Time blasted the fact that Travis Hunter not selected as a finalist for the Jump Thorpe Ward, saying the omission was idiotic and devalue the integrity of the war High's Travis Snubb by the Thorp Award, you can have my ward. You can have mine back. Matter of fact, I'm going to give it mine. I ain't using it, just sitting up there collecting dust. So Travis can have my thought award. Because if it ain't the most idiotic thing in college football, if he's not a finalist for the Jump Thorpe Award, and he and he is I would say arguably, but I don't think I really argue about the young man being the best defensive back in college football. It just looks bad. O Joe the kid win the Heidsman, the Heisman Trophy. He's a defensive back right, also a receiver, And you mean to tell me he's not one of the best three DB's in the country.
Speaker 1: We already know he is. Actually, we know he's the best dB.
Speaker 5: And that's why our prime playing at that seed maybe two or three weeks ago, when he was in front of the media and understanding how they were going to play games, how they're going to play games based on how they feel about him, allowing their distain and discuss for him personally to affect the success of the players on the team that are deserving of the accolades and what they've done this year, and being the best player offensively and.
Speaker 1: Decently on the field.
Speaker 5: He's already said it, so again, everything is coming to a head that he knew they were going to do.
Speaker 1: He knew they were going to do this.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense to me. Now he's nominated as one of the best defensive I think it's the the Negersky Award. Which is the best college defensive player, but not the best, so he one of the best college defense is a dB A defensive player. I thought that's what I could be wrong, O Joe. But I thought dB was on the defensive side of the football. And because we've seen the DB's win Defensive Player of the Year, we saw Stefan Gilmore Prime won it, rod Woodson won it. Who else what I think Charles Woodson wanted? Rod Woodson wanted. So we've seen DB's win Defensive Player of the Year, which means they were the best defensive.
Speaker 3: Player that year.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you mean to tell me this man could possibly win the Heisman. He's a finalist for the Nadirsky Award, but he's not a finalist for the Thorp Award.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know they make their own rules when when you're positions of power like that, and he able to control the narrative.
Speaker 1: This is the type of stuff they pulled. This is the type of stuff they're able to pull.
Speaker 2: Because you, I mean, come on, O Joe, I mean you probably did Charles Woodson win the Thorp Award. He probably did did what he went to Thorpe Ward because he won the Heids, and I'm sure he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he was the best defensive player that year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the guy got money.
Speaker 1: How that works?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know. It just it just seems. It just seems.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense to me that a guy could possibly win the Heisman and he plays defensive back, right, but he's not one of the best defensive back. He could win the he could win possibly the best defensive player of the year, but he's not the best dB.
Speaker 3: So how did I tried to figure out?
Speaker 2: How did Miles Garrett win Defensive Player of the Year but he's not one of the best defensive linemen.
Speaker 1: They make up the rules as they go. They do what they want to do.
Speaker 3: Clearly they're making up the rules as they go.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe wallet Hub released the released the latest most centiple cities in America.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh man, how.
Speaker 3: Y'all do this to be? Oh Yo number one?
Speaker 2: Las Vegas number But Las Vegas is sent city, so you should already know that.
Speaker 1: What goes in Houston?
Speaker 3: What's Houston's number? Two? Los Angeles? Okay, number three? Atlanta?
Speaker 1: But Atlanta's a jungle broy that's black Hollywood. Atlanta's a jungle.
Speaker 2: You got Philly, Denver, Colorado? What all these all these places that I live, But you got to y'all, Oh Joe, and they want to know why I am?
Speaker 3: How I am? Right right?
Speaker 2: I like you know what I'm saying. I am whatever you say I am. If I wasn't, I would I say I am.
Speaker 3: They tt me.
Speaker 2: Phoenix, Arizona, Miami, Florida, Yep, Miami. Oh Joe, that your home.
Speaker 1: But I don't go outside, so he got none to worry about.
Speaker 2: Dallas, Texas. It's Saint Louis, Missouri. I don't know what's kicking off in Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: Shoot the Lunar.
Speaker 2: Nobody doing. First of all, the Eiffel Tower. Ain't nobody kissing? None of the ark.
Speaker 3: Don't know? Then y'all think it? Chad what y'all think about that? Man?
Speaker 5: I like the list, but I wouldn't have Vegas as number one. I would have Houston as number one.
Speaker 2: You just said Vegas is known as sin City. Yeah, they've been known in sin City. Listen, it's different though. Vegas has been sin City for years, it's been five years. But Houston in Atlanta is a different world. Now we've done been to Houston. Now.
Speaker 1: I don't go to Houston often. That haven't been there maybe maybe four times in my life I've been. I've been in Atlanta maybe five.
Speaker 5: I don't frequent those places often because I understand that's the devil's playground. And one thing about the as much as I love God, it ain't it don't take much to backslide when you're in the wrong situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know my limits. I understand my.
Speaker 5: Limits, so I keep myself out of areas where I can get myself in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's oh yo. Why do you think I stay inside? Plug it up? Yes, Like Clint each wore say, every man got to know his limitations. Everybody got advice.
Speaker 3: Mine is the opposite of nice.
Speaker 1: Can you see me?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, it's called sight.
Speaker 1: I can't see you though, hold on my computer, hold on? Oh there you go. You know I don't I can see you now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I saw you all along.
Speaker 5: And when I when I fucked it up, it went to to the loading screen. Yeah, this is a good topic right here. You know, the city, them cities ain't nothing to play with, man. You know, you know when you get older, as you get older, you know, you understand your limits, you understand what you can and what you can't do, and you don't put yourself in certain situations.
Speaker 1: That that that can hurt you. You know, you have to make a decision.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I've been working on my discipline. I've been working on a discipline real well. Now, I'm not saying them the best. I walk with Christ, but I know if I walk through the mud, I might come out dirty. So I do my best and stay out the mud. You hear me, Yeah, you know, I know it might be raining. I know it might be raining, so I don't. I don't take my umbrella. I just stay inside the.
Speaker 1: House because I don't want to get wet. You with me? Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
Speaker 3: Yes? I do?
Speaker 5: Okay, come on now, yeah, I'm hey, listen, I'm not I'm not the best. Wrong, I'm not the best in the world. I'm not perfect. I know it's ten commandments. Saying it's ten commandments, I might not got all ten right, but eight of them I eight of them they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: They're gonna beautiful.
Speaker 3: To make sure it all appears. What other you are?
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, hey, hey, I had to preach I had to preach the one over here you know, who's who's nothing?
Speaker 1: And there you know, I'm come on now, I'm I'm human. I'm human.
Speaker 5: One of one of the greater things that that that you will always love about me is the good will always outweigh the bad. Yeah, will you make any rational decisions like you've made before? You know, I want you to always remember that the good ways are bad and nothing is better than the trying man.
Speaker 2: Well, you know I can't what we do me and you're gonna move to Houston. I'm gonna keep on you, you keep on me. No, No, that's what don't go for me. I was talking about doing it in the day I said. I was like, I was like, babe, what you're thinking about movie? She's like, daddy, mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: I don't want to put that you Listen. You know what I do like about Houston. I'm not gonna see him lie to you. I like the move, I like the idea.
Speaker 1: I like the thought.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about how much house you getting juicing you get a bang for your buck?
Speaker 2: Oh oh you oh you talk about the structure. I thought you talking about another type of brick house.
Speaker 3: No, by bad.
Speaker 2: I misunderstood you, my fan. Don't yo you talking about a physical you talking about a building of structure. Okay, Okay, okay, I just misunderstood that. We under say. Okay, now I see what you're putting down. Okay, because for a second, I'm like, okay, let me rewind, rewind Prins. Paul's here for a second, rewind this and now we'll get played. Now I get what you're saying. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to part of that. I don't want no part of that.
Speaker 3: You're right on, Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Man, sometimes you just have to leave well enough alone. Yeah, you got to. Sometimes sometimes you just have to my admire things from a distance, right, You like that when I see cars, Like, man, that's a really nice car.
Speaker 3: I just admired from a distance. I'm like, but man, did you like? Yeah? You like I said, I love it.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 3: Some days you just mind from a dis like damn. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But hey, Houston, Houston, Atlanta, listen, Houston and Atlanta is like going by the car lot. Right, going by the car, you can see it and you know it looks nice and you can enjoy it using your visuals and your peripheal vision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need to go in there. Test drive by the younger me. The younger me.
Speaker 3: I'm going to pull over.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna go and I'm gonna talk Tom. I'm gonna talk to the owner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, hey, hey, what type of finance and can I get? Because I got good credit is zero down, zero down and zero interest.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't be a hey.
Speaker 1: Hey man. Damn.
Speaker 3: Every time we mentioned used to ask him.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, no, no, absolutely not George, Like I ain't moved. I done moved enough, George, say, of George, I don't move three times. It's out a year, George, I ain't moving no more. She said, if y'all, if y'all move again, y'all, O y'all, oh y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We don't know if this is true, but this is what we're reported.
Speaker 2: A woman left with a twenty thousand dollars hospital bill after her husband refused to acknowledge her on his insurance after she refused to name the Sun Junior.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, bring that to me one more time.
Speaker 2: I guess she was supposed to name the Son Junior. He was expecting her to name the son junior. But because she didn't, he removed her from his insurance and so now she have a twenty thousand dollars insurance bill.
Speaker 1: I don't even blame it.
Speaker 3: What you mean, you don't blame it.
Speaker 1: I don't even blame you. Now you having my first son. You heard you having my child?
Speaker 5: You having my boy and my lineage, my family lineage on my first child.
Speaker 1: He's not a junior. Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: You ain't got no Chad junior?
Speaker 5: Oh Chad junior Arizona State? Remember, Oh okay, yeah, see ye yeah, come on now, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, and just come on that.
Speaker 5: That just that, that's that goes without saying matter of fact, the wife or the missus in this case, in this scenario, she should want that for her son, but no, not what she wants to do it her way and what she envisions. Hey, that's that's that's that's that's that's what's right. That's about doing what's right. My daddy, you're having a child from allowing him to have his junior.
Speaker 3: That ain't answer you do I look like a junior?
Speaker 2: You? Yeah, my daddy would to day be junior.
Speaker 3: So bad my mama say not not this one.
Speaker 1: No, he don't know.
Speaker 3: Play that. My mama.
Speaker 2: Man, look here man, my mom she got too much of my granddaddy. Her my mom ran and my mom did she named all of us. He have no say, not one name he picked out right. Yeah, so so here it is right, Sarah Sterling and Shannon.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. And I look, I look exactly like my dad I'm talking about. The only difference is my dad had an had an afro, had had a throw Hey, hey, you should throw out man, you crazy man. My grandfather rolled over in the grave. Abslute, lay absolute lay die. I mean this is I mean people would he wreck there like huh. I wouldn't even know how to. I wouldn't even know how about Look my hair were to growth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey check, somebody make a do it, aid man.
Speaker 2: I mean I Baltimore the longest apple went without a haircut. I went October, see October, November, December. I went like four months with I getting the haircut. Why you was losing?
Speaker 3: We were losing.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew he was gonna say that we started losing. And then uh uh uh the barber came back. I brought my barber up from Atlanta. So he started cutting my hair. But and we lost, and I was like, nah, you can't come back here, I said, you coul back. I mean I let him come back because he was from Parisburg, which is Richel, like forty miles from from Baltimore, and so I would let him come up. You know, he I get him a rental car. He hey, you need you Hey, No, I don't want no cut. He bring his slippers just in case, he d he drive the Hashburg. He come back for the game, drive to the airport. That was it. So I went from like middle of October all the way to the uh uh uh the end of January before I got a haircut. N I'm very I'm very superstitious. I'm like, oh no, no, no, my grandfather no, my grandfather ain't played that in the long hair. My grandfather had a part, Me and my brother had parts. No, all right, get right, yo, hit him, boosey fade.
Speaker 3: This is what I got.
Speaker 2: I got a look bad. You know, I gotta get a cut tomorrow. I got to call the guy to cut. He cut me out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Case.
Speaker 1: You know, what's what's tomorrow Friday. I know, but where you going?
Speaker 3: I ain't going nowhere? Go to hell? If I don't start praying more?
Speaker 1: Where you're getting haircut?
Speaker 3: Fuck?
Speaker 1: You ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 3: Damn. I can't get no haircut.
Speaker 1: I mean, just you getting a haircut, just to get a haircut for no reason, and you ain't got nowhere to go?
Speaker 3: No. Oh, I mean I normally get a haircut twice a week.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah, your shit grow fast, it does.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'd like to look presentable for who. You never know? I might move I all of a sudden, I might move to Houston. Don't let y'all know. I might be doing to show remote.
Speaker 1: But listen, if you, if you, if you, if you moved to Houston, if you move to Houston, I moved to Houston too. Huh, you moved to Houston. I moved to Houston too.
Speaker 3: You ain't moving to Houston. I'm not moving Okay, Well I'm not moving to Houston.
Speaker 1: I ain't moving.
Speaker 3: It is in I understand, y'all. I know Shannon, I know me.
Speaker 2: I know me better than anybody, right right, right right, I'm not putting myself into that right.
Speaker 3: Right please. Uh, that's time. My last said Q and eight.
Speaker 1: And hey, who play tomorrow? Who played tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, the Ravens play Philly is the big game tomorrow? I mean not tomorrow. Kansas City play the Er the Raiders. But I thought I'm thinking to day Saturday. Okay, black Black Friday game. If the Raiders go to the Chiefs, Hey.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, speaking of Black Friday, you're going shopping tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It starts, it starts yelling, my shelling, my shop, it starts to it starts this morning, right or my tripping.
Speaker 1: I got it wrong.
Speaker 3: Black Friday today, Thursday.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it start five in the morning today.
Speaker 3: It might start at midnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm gonahere, I'm gona head. I'm going here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can shop on eighty four dot com. I mean we got Black Friday sales.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yea yea. Make sure y'all going eighty four dot com. Man, get what you need, get what you need. Yeah, I'm going to Target after this.
Speaker 2: Then Colorado plays tomorrow. Colorado plays Oklahoma State tomorrow on a Friday. Yeah, okay, I like that. They normally would play They normally would play, Uh, Nebraska that used to be the game Colorado Nebraska the day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, oh we got we got, we got some good games then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do we do?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 3: I mean the the Kansas City game, but I think that's the early game. What time that game come on? Three? Kansas City?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, damn, that's heard. Yeah, oh you would know what time? Yet? After the Colorado game? Nine? A M. Damn?
Speaker 1: Who playing nine am?
Speaker 2: Colorado playing nine in West Coast time, which will be eleven am their time? Oh okay, okay, okay, so for me, what time the ten ten? Because they're mount their mountain, their mountain. Yeah, so that's twelve o'clock here, okay, five, we're on at five pm Pacific eighty eight pm Eastern. Okay, all right, don't yourge Time for our last segment of the evening evening.
Speaker 3: It's time for Q and A. We already did it. We run it again.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Pheli speaks that thanks Nightcap. This is amazing for these athletes to commit on Nightcap. Let's go unking Ocho. Yes, and thank you coach Pran for making this happen. We appreciate that anytime we can assist We greatly, greatly appreciate that. Thank you to all the young men that made their announcement here on Nightcap. We are appreciate that we support you and we'll be following you down the road. Uh, cats, whatever your name is, we four for four Like Windy's meal, I've taken he's a Colorado fan. Yes, yes, Josh Gates, how do you like the New Bears play caller? Caleb had been playing better? He has, but he sometimes you can't out play bad coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's a good one. And then listen if you do, if you do, if you do our play bad coaching, that means you have to go off script from what you're being told to do. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: No, he's making some throw guys are making plays for him. Keenan Allen, Keenan, Keenan Allen ran a will sorrow.
Speaker 1: Hey, that ship was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Wait list, Huh they need to hang out in the Levore, Lavert, Lavier, Lavia whatever they music.
Speaker 1: That ship was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yes, but here's the thing to Joe. Unless pressure gainst there, there there's no way you could defend that. Yeah, because okay, if you on the whip and now once he gives you the zar role like he's going back out.
Speaker 3: You gotta go.
Speaker 2: You got to, yeah, because you don't want him to option away from you. Now you bite it. Now he takes off again. Yeah, And they got him dead to right, They got him in man coverage. They run somebody through the zone, they take the linebacker with him, and now it's one on one and the guys already outside. So he's outside. You run the whip, you pause it, you fake like you got to go back out. He hesitates, and now you take off.
Speaker 1: Every time that's a that's a route that's gonna win ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: Ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: I'll give him down who the dB year Unless pressure gets there, you're not stopping that ride. Brian then said, wasn't let's go my lines?
Speaker 3: We had?
Speaker 2: Uh we had about four of a five different players leave game due to early injuries.
Speaker 3: Uh. Tough next two games.
Speaker 2: Also, what a terrible first half challenge for the Bears, plus the rest were terrible today eleven and one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are had a couple of linebackers.
Speaker 2: I think Campbell ended up leaving the game, one of your linebackers and you starting linebackers already out of the game and that secondary man, that secondary.
Speaker 3: We're getting killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah who did?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah you put it back up in there. Sometimes you have to overcome that. Sometimes you have to overcome when calls don't go your way. You know you're not having the best outing. You just have to find a way to win ball games. They're really good teams can find a way to win ball games. Asked about the Lions running bad luck within the defensive front seven, Dan Campbell said had the expected response, let me ask you, does it really matter? Like who cares? That's what I go back to. It doesn't matter. Either it is or it isn't. We got to get guys back. We don't get a guy back and worrying about that and moaning about it and b I tc hing about it. It's like call right, It's like caul, I know whoever's available, it is available. We're not gonna get ready to play. We expect them to hold the line. Period. You've got to do your job, and everybody around you it's looking for you to do your job. I like the matter of factness. I like it, But Dan, you and I both know, at some point in time, you keep running out of next guys.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you might get that. Well, you might get away with one or two.
Speaker 2: Next guys, next guy up, you start getting four or five, six, seven, next.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But I but I like that mentality because Dan Campbell is not an excuse guy. He doesn't give his guys an excuse because a lot of times coach like, hey, guys, we got you know, hey we little.
Speaker 3: Underman, no win undermand.
Speaker 2: Next man up, baby, Isaiah Lancaster, ko, yo, do you trust Jalen Herds or Jared Goff?
Speaker 3: If both teams meet in the NFC Championship game, that's.
Speaker 5: A good one and all come back. It all comes down to decision making. I've seen I've seen Jered Goff thow five and the sevenths in the game. Yeah, ain't seen jaylen Hurst throw five of the sevenths in the game.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: So Sakwon Barkley can take some of the pressure off of off of goddamn Jaien Hursts, so he didn't have to put the ball in Harm's way. But again, Jamior Gibbs ain't gotmy right. Montgomery can also take the pressure off of Jered Goff so he doesn't put the ball in harms way, So a game like that, ain't no telling him what's gonna happen. The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins that game.
Speaker 2: Based on the way the Eagles front has been playing now, both teams are built front to back. Great offensive line back towards your running back, quarterback, great defensive line moving backwards Philly, great defensive line moving backwards, offensive line Philly moving backwards. That would be a real that's a real heavyweight fight. Both teams have outstanding offensive line play Sewell, Zeidler, Rag now Decker, Who's who's out outstanding? And then you go Dixon and you go uh Lane, Johnson, you go my lotta obviously you know you hurts sat Kwan.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't I think everybody thinks that's gonna be the matchup that we're gonna end up seeing. Probably in the NFC Championship game, Samuel Griffins said, Happy Thanksgiving and oo did guys have any type of relationship with John Madden? What was he like behind the scenes what you see on the screen? I was very fortunate enough before you got I don't know, if ever, I don't know you made the All Man Team.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: I made the All Man Team six eighty three. I made it five times.
Speaker 1: And six.
Speaker 2: Uh. But he was great, you know, he you know, he just he was a regular guy. But he was you know, he was animated behind the scenes just like he was in front of the camera. Obviously, he loved the game. He loves talking about the game. He loved getting to know the players. Uh, their personality is kind of what made them tick.
Speaker 3: But he was great. I think I like and when you made the I mean he used to have great awards.
Speaker 2: I mean people look, honestly, oh Jo, people look forward more forward to making an All Man Team than they did the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, most definitely most.
Speaker 2: Uh he gave you got a jacket, you got a sweatshirt. I mean I still have all this way, well the last worst shirt I got, uh and not when my year in Denver, I ended up giving it.
Speaker 3: I give the jacket too.
Speaker 2: I think I gave the jacket the Byron Chamberlain and I gave the hoodie to the house cards. Well, so you know, I had a great relationship with my my guys that were in the tight end room, so I gave one the jacket won the hoodie and then used to give you trophies. You see, like like Michael Parkson won that troper and Jerry Goff. But oh Joey, them trophies was heavy. I'm talking about heavy. The trophies weighed like twenty found.
Speaker 1: They put, they put, they put some effort into it.
Speaker 3: Now they put yes, yes, yes, yes yes. But he was he was great behind the scenes. I never played. I never nah, we played.
Speaker 2: I ain't getting eat the turkey leg because Baron Sanders got to eat the turkey leg that day because.
Speaker 3: He ran all over us.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was a real dead boy.
Speaker 2: We played. We played Detroit on Thanksgiving. That's all I'm gonna say. We played in the early ninety when they was on Thanksgiving. They might lose all their game, but it's gonna beat hell out of somebody on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: And that was us.
Speaker 2: So uh nah, I didn't. I didn't get no turkey legs. Kyle Pays under note your what were your best college matchups?
Speaker 1: College? That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Probably the valley of all Benny State.
Speaker 1: Fam you Cookman and I ain't. I ain't listen.
Speaker 5: I don't even go to fan But you have to understand my upbringing and being at the Classic since nineteen eighty four until I graduated high school.
Speaker 1: That's all I knew.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 5: I understood about the other collegiate games that were good, the Ohio State's, the Michigan's, the Oregon State, Oregon. But but for me, that's what that's what That's what I knew first from at the level Fami and Batum Cookman, that was all I knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed. I missed those days playing Fam uh the Valley, not that FAM. I'm talking about Fam the Valley all being the state. Those were probably our you know, probably our biggest rivals, you know, Afuty put that work on them, though, put that work on.
Speaker 3: Uh may Mayhem, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Do you think if Georgia is tomorrow, they're a lock for the playoffs even if they lose the SEC Championship title game and have three losses. Yes, I think George is going. They're taking two SEC teams now. It seems like Texas is gonna be one of them because they don't have that if they if they take care of their business tomorrow, whether you got Texas A and M or they be Texas in Texas. Okay, they got Texas A and M. They win that game, they're going to the SEC. They're going, right, they're taking two teams from the SEC.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, most definitely period, definitely the.
Speaker 2: Club they're gonna take. They're gonna take two teams maybe three from the Big ten.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you why?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Georgia draw. That's why they're like, they're hoping somebody falunt you so they can get Alabama.
Speaker 3: In there too. But they take it. They take it.
Speaker 2: They hey, cause y'all getting all the other teams. Them teams don't travel like that, y'all don't travel. The football king in the South, they're gonna travel. Bama go, don't travel, Texans gonna travel, Georgia gonna travel. We sure Oregon gonna travel. We sure Boys and State gonna travel. We sure Indiana gonna travel?
Speaker 3: Are we sure? Oh?
Speaker 2: Y'all Alan, y'all love you guys, speaking into existence. Y'all will be doing play by play commentator with the NFL game. Go to Netflix and we'll be due to feature on Madden Video Games. Now that might you might want to call games. I want no part of calling game. I don't want that kind of prep.
Speaker 5: Yeah I'm call I'm calling the game when the Chiefs. The Chiefs and the Texas play on the twenty first of December. If I'm not mistaken, so I'm gonna have my first hand in the booth, you know, uh, calling the game play by play. I like to thank Peacock and Madden for the opportunity to continue to diversify my portfolio and allow my list of jobs to now reach a staggering number of eight hundred and seventy nine and eleven y'ah, you know, in the season.
Speaker 1: So I'm grateful.
Speaker 5: I'm blessed my cup and runneth over and again. I'm thankful for the opportunity and all of you make sure you tune in. You send the twenty first Houston Texans, Kansas City, Madden, Peacock, your boys in the booth, make sure you check it out.
Speaker 1: And I promise you I'm not gonna curse.
Speaker 3: That concludes this edition of Night Cap. Thank you guys for joining us.
Speaker 2: Green Bay Packers thirty, Miami seventeen, the Dallas Cowboys twenty seven, the Giants twenty, and the Detroit Lions run their record to eleven and one with a twenty three to twenty win over the Bears after a snap food by Matt Eber plus who doesn't call the time out, and with thirty three seconds on the clock, they only run one play and they don't get in position to kick a field goal and they and that seems to be the thing that overshadowed being tiredy of the game. Even Caleb Williams playing sensational in the second half was overshadowed by that situational mishap by the Bears. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite UK shouting shark. He is Liberty City's own being a Ring of Fame Honore Reed, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that shadowed Yo Senko Johnson, but just call him Mojoe. Please hit that subscribe button, Please hit that like button. Tell family, friends and loved ones, hey, come watch us Nightcap. They're on Tomorrow, Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, and Monday. Check out Nightcap. You'll love these guys.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And thank you for your continued support. Thank you for joining us tonight. I know you had a busy day to day with family, friends and loved ones, but to give us a few moments of your time tonight. We greatly appreciate that. Go check out Shape by the Portier. We do have it in start just in time begin to shift to you for the holidays, because we believe your holidays should be festive and celebratory. So if you can't find it any city or stay near you, order it and we'll get it right to you. One more thing, please drake responsibly go follow my media company page on all of its platform Shay Shape Media Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We dropped to have a big release last month and our Black Friday sal just launched out of the up to fifty percent off shirts and twenty dollars off puddies up forty dollars off all teasing. Hoodies are back in stock, Nightcap Plub, Shay Shade, and eighty four everything is in stock and we do have beanies and sleeves they put your drink in. Quantities are limited, so make sure you grab yours wild supplies last Oh we got and we got a drop coming tomorrow. Why do I don't know, well, I don't know about to drop.
Speaker 3: Wait what dropped.
Speaker 1: We got what drop you got, so I can order my shit.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't start me lying on Joe because I don't know. I'm just finding out about right now.
Speaker 1: I need to drop early so I could wear.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that on Joe, I've been saying the same thing. London, merrit Alec McPherson, Quentin Gribson, and Cardi boss Man Smith D Smith all tonight declared that they're headed to the Colorado see You to join Coach Prime and his staff up there. So congratulations to those young men that made the announcement here on Nightcap. We greatly greatly appreciate that. Thank you guys for joining us. I'm up.
Speaker 3: He's Ojo. We'll see you.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow at eight pm Eastern five pm.
Speaker 1: Pissipic.
Speaker 3: Heis