Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets Twirl, a podcast that began with Dancing with the Stars, wandered through pastles, survived beaches, and spent an entire season debating the social hierarchy of cocktail parties, and along the way, Will and I riffed on what I thought was an entirely hypothetical observation, maybe arranged marriage isn't the worst idea. Well, apparently our producers are listening. So now we're watching Married at First Sight season twenty, a show where complete strangers meet at the altar, say I do, and only then begin the awkward process of discovering whether they have anything whatsoever in common. We are Wilfordell, who loves love and believes marriage should be about the marriage, not the wedding, and Right or Strong, who loves love and made one observation about arranged marriage and is now being forced to defend it for an entire television season. Join us as experts, therapists, family members, and complete strangers all attempt the oldest social experiment in human history with confessionals. This is Pod Mats Twirled, All or Nothing.
Speaker 2: So many penguins, so many penguins. I feeling great. I love this show idea I love.
Speaker 1: I find it educational, I find it interesting. I like people, even the people I don't like, I kind of like.
Speaker 2: Yep. So, oh, we're going to talk about that this week. I know, man, we're going to talk about that this week. I got a new favorite couple.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you love Marissa Adam.
Speaker 2: Marissa Adam is so great? Your team vocal Fry? That will Bro Bro are you team vocal Fried?
Speaker 1: He's the best today he is now officially the best because.
Speaker 2: He found his partner.
Speaker 1: I did. Oh, So that's the That's how you do arrange merriage. You just just you just don't be that bright, don't have many expectations of life, don't read.
Speaker 2: Like jet Ski, and then you want to find somebody who's like, hey, how hot are we? How hot are we? They're awesome together. I love him so much.
Speaker 3: Even the man, doctor Jonathan jet Ski, who created the jet ski, does not love jet skiing as much as Adam loves jet Ski. It is phenomenal to watch this man's obsession with something as as ridiculous as.
Speaker 1: Give him a good stake, a hot wife and the jet skis in his element socks and go down the waters.
Speaker 2: Yes, It's like, is original.
Speaker 3: His first baby bottle was in a beer cooozy, Like, I love it.
Speaker 2: It's awesome. This guy's the best. All Right, Adam's are new favorite?
Speaker 4: All Right?
Speaker 1: Episode four because with Cameron and Michelle, she's saying, I wasn't scared all night sleeping with my husband to be I felt like that was just the tiniest accomplishment, Like I wasn't scared.
Speaker 2: I didn't call my sleeping there with a knife like this just right away? Who is what's going on? It's like the Misery House, like you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rissa and Adam, uh, they they're discussing that they are.
Speaker 2: She says, you're a good cuddle and he's been training for this. He's training for this, he's training.
Speaker 1: I love that She takes a piss out of and says, so you've been training with your guy friends.
Speaker 2: And he's like, yeah, oh guys, they're perfect together. They're perfect together. I know. He asked her what the ideal day is. She says napping.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, these two are gonna're gonna go the distance.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to nap so because he's he's always gotta be going. So when she's napping, for a couple hours. He'll be ripping the jet ski.
Speaker 2: Ripping the jet skinn work. It's gonna work, Sean and Nikki.
Speaker 1: In the morning, he brings her coffee, compliments her, and he says the thing that I think we are all feeling, especially her, that he needs to back up, and.
Speaker 2: They start laughing. But she's not attracted doing physically. Damn this, watching the two of them together, watching this relationship.
Speaker 1: Is so hurt because I really like both of them.
Speaker 2: I do too. I do too.
Speaker 3: They're not right together though it sucks many just he's a little a little too.
Speaker 2: Psychobabbel relationship buzzword for me.
Speaker 1: Well, she says it later that you're interviewing me, and he is.
Speaker 2: He is, it's like you all need to relax a little.
Speaker 1: But I like him, still thinking maybe maybe there's some possible because around because they turn around these shows.
Speaker 2: You know that's the story, right you and I.
Speaker 1: But you know, if I think about the fact that there's an eighteen percent success rate on the show, and.
Speaker 2: That's percent from last season, then no, I don't think there's started. No. I don't either. I just don't know if you can get She seems to have the ick, Yeah, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: And that's not something you can get over.
Speaker 2: Nope, you can get over being bored.
Speaker 1: You can get over being like like not knowing somebody and wanting to know more or needing to know more. But in this case, she seems genuinely.
Speaker 2: Repulsed by him. I agree with you, Hunter.
Speaker 1: And that's like, I just don't know, you know, if you don't like this, like the sound of somebody chewing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's never going away. No, that's never going away. Yeah, I agree, And I kind of switched because at first I was like, I don't think she's gonna give him a chance. I don't think and he's gonna try, and I'm gonna love him so much. And halfway through I got a little bit of the eck with him where I was like, Okay, man, it's a little much.
Speaker 1: At this point, I was like, I'm still but yeah, we'll get into it later.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like he just he just can't back off the sex thing.
Speaker 4: Know that.
Speaker 2: And there.
Speaker 3: But it's also again like the there does come off like a constant psychobabble, like I hear you and I'm present in our and I want to make sure your foundation.
Speaker 2: It's like dude, just be just be normal, just be normal.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, it's it's been, it's rough, but it's still loving my Felipa and Tory. I'm so into this show by the way.
Speaker 1: All right, got to Courtney and Nick in the morning. He takes his clothes off in the night, which didn't seem like to bother her. But uh, she's not quote souper lovely, touchy feely.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm curious in your life. Do you like a lovey, touchy feely kind of partner?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me to not in bed at night? No, no, no, no interestingly at night?
Speaker 2: Don't touch me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't want to be hot. I don't want to be like you know some people like wrapt around each other. No, I want you to be in the same bed, but as far away from me.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree with you A yeah, what I mean like sitting around like a hug, a kiss on the neck, a slap on the ass when you're walking by in the kitchen, you know, I like. I like the physical affection I think is important too. Yeah. Maddy just wrote AHD thank you, yes yeh and OTP and occasional o tph Yeah, that's what makes an uber ride an uber ride. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I can see how that's hard when one person wants to be touched and caressed and the.
Speaker 2: Other person's like, I'm not into that. That would be that would be a difficult combination. I can see that. Well.
Speaker 1: Felipe A and Torre seemed to be equally cuddly. Same thing as I said last episode, the way that they're lying back together.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought about that after you said it and you see it.
Speaker 1: They're just so comfortable. It's like and they both do it without like they're just and yep, I don't know this is Yeah, so they're already like curled up together.
Speaker 2: They're still still about the cameras. Still, my money's on those two pretty cool Belgium Lee and Mecca.
Speaker 1: They talk about how he feels like he's kicking it with his best friend. She does too, She wants to wear matching outfits. Already, let's see where this goes.
Speaker 3: They look great together, I know, I mean, they do look like they were cast to be together.
Speaker 2: They're stunning together. Yeah. And then Devin and Caitlin.
Speaker 1: This has been quite a journey this couple because at this point in this episode, I was like, oh my god, I would have put money this.
Speaker 2: This is the best couple. That's what I thought too. Remember you were like, this is my couple and right here and they're both very touchy.
Speaker 1: You know, they didn't expect to hook up last night, so meaning they probably did. And then watching them eat, they eat the same, Yeah, like they I don't know, Like, but then she comments on his chewing later and I was like what, yeah, oh, but watching them right now.
Speaker 3: They Yeah, something's going on with with her. I know, I don't know what it is, but something's going on with her. Do you think is do you think that's what it is?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: I think it's her dad, Like we saw her dad. I think it's just the way her dad treated her the way. I think something weird and like it's too bad, Like yeah, because they're they have chemistry. These two are.
Speaker 2: Kind of perfect for each other.
Speaker 1: And it's like, what does she want somebody who like shows her affection and then treats her like crap.
Speaker 2: Because that's what her dad probably did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the all about him that this was Caitlin more than anybody else on this show, to me, was a completely different person. After she got married than she was before she got married completely, and I would.
Speaker 1: Say within the course of the honeymoon, right within the gates. So at this point in the story, in this point of the episode, she I was like, dude, they're having the best time. We're gonna have such a fun vacation. And then it just got progressed.
Speaker 2: She seems like a completely different person than the person she was.
Speaker 1: All Right, we get a montage of everybody packing, and then we see Shawn and Nicky as the first couple to arrive at this U Mexican resort, which was giving me white Lotus vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 1: And Shawn and Nicky I noticed that they this is where they started like we're going on vacation.
Speaker 2: Like they kept going high. Everything's going, We're happy.
Speaker 1: Such a sorry guys, don't you're you're trying to a like exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're all like, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna taking naps and having drinks, and Sean says, taking our clothes off, Sean, you just said I just said you were gonna go, and then it's like appropriately taking our clothes off.
Speaker 2: She's like, okay, and baby, he is he's that guy who's just like, yeah, come on, we're.
Speaker 1: Going to brunch and boobies. Nobody was talking about it. What he was talking about? You do it, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then the oral sex, Yeah, what are you doing? You're making this awful for her, Like, truly, just knock it off.
Speaker 3: Let her take take the lead in that stuff. Just let her take the lead in that stuff. It's obviously what's going to have to happen. Is it all going to be at her pace.
Speaker 2: Just let her take the lead with that stuff. Meanwhile, Courtney and Nick, he can't open a bottle, buff ass. Courtney could do it easily.
Speaker 3: She's like snap the thing and then like bit the glass bottle in half and like it was like holy shit, yeah great.
Speaker 1: Then he tries to make a drink with this shaker just he's like, look at this form and immediately screws it up.
Speaker 2: The thing by the way.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, we talked about how this guy has been on like five or six reality shows. Yeah, you know this is he has very little personality coming through for somebody who's been on five or six reality shows.
Speaker 2: Now, and so I'm kind of going, what has he been on those other reality shows?
Speaker 1: I wonder has he been like the sort of straight man while like crazier people have been around him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I was surprised. Yeah did you.
Speaker 3: See that, he commented on post. So yeah, but it's one of those things where it was like, usually, if you want to be a reality show guy, you've got this big, bubbly kind of personality.
Speaker 2: And there's times.
Speaker 3: Where there and they maybe they again, it's a reality show, which means none of it's real, so maybe they just took a couple awkward moments where they weren't having a conversation then cut it in to make it look like they couldn't.
Speaker 2: Have a conversation. But he doesn't seem to be very engaging. She's definitely wanted a little more entertainment, yes, and she wants fun and she's like push me in the pool, yeah, throw a pie. I saw. It's still optimistic. I'm you know, because I am.
Speaker 1: I think he's just uncomfortable, Like I think he's little too, maybe you know, coming into this show in particular, he's thinks he has to be a sort of leading man energy, do you know what I mean? Because he talks later about how the fact that he was like a he's a scientist, right, or he's somebody.
Speaker 2: Went tot Yeah, he was the one he went to mit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he talks about how he had like more of an entertainer sort of Jim Carrey vibe among his friends, and that's not.
Speaker 2: What's coming through, right. So but I think maybe it's there, you know, he just hasn't.
Speaker 1: He's not comfortable for whatever reason, which maybe is because of the couple, not the cameras.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing is, you would think he would be the most comfortable. The reality show is second hat. It's like, I don't I don't even need to deal with the reality show. I just need to deal with this because I'm so used to reality show that it's just about the relationship, and.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like that at all. And she's still arguably my favorite of all of them, Like I really like Courtney, and so it seems like she wants She's like, just let's have some fun, let's do something, and it doesn't seem to be there. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, Felipe and Tori are eating outside, kissing deeply and.
Speaker 2: Love this interesting scene.
Speaker 1: He brings up religion, which it seemed like something that they would all talked about her should we talk about and it's interesting that hasn't come up on this entire season so far. And she says that she is Christian and that she prays and has a relationship with God. And he says he grew up Catholic and then kind of drops the bombshell, which I was not expecting. I wasn't this is an atheist. I didn't see this coming. This is so interesting because I would have just assumed, you know, he has this like sort of traditional Brazilian family and he was raised Catholic, that that's part of the community, and with the sense of like, you know, I don't gathering, I don't know, I just would have assumed.
Speaker 2: That he is the religious guy. So this is super.
Speaker 1: Interesting and it's fascinating that the wedding or the matchmakers didn't kind of account for this or plan for this. So she asked him how does he feel about kids being baptized and he says, this great life, that's just a baby going into water.
Speaker 2: Would say, just a baby going into water.
Speaker 1: But okay, you know, but he also seems like he's open to it for her, well, yeah, he's not going to be like, you know, and so I was impressed also with how the rest of this two next two episodes played out.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like this this is going to be a stumbling block.
Speaker 3: But it also seems I think it bodes well that they're having these conversations. It seems like they're having the real conversations you need to have early in a relationship. It's like if you're if you find out eight months from now that one of you wants four kids and one of you wants none, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: So having these kind of what's your religion? How do you want to raise?
Speaker 1: These two episodes kept like slamming into my face. It's like, oh my god. Right, they don't know if what it's like to live with each other. No, like that's so intense.
Speaker 2: No, oh my god, you have three cats. I'm horribly allergic to cats. I mean, like, you never know the stuff that it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: They talk about their dogs later, Yes, wait right, they have to like get along with each other's dogs.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: But I feel like they're the ones that are like, let's let's talk about these things now, right.
Speaker 1: And they move right into the fact that she was cheated on and he admits to cheating before when he made out with a girl and forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: She asks if it will be difficult to be and he says, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Weird answer. No.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing about Felipe that I'm learning. He's very precise. I think he's actually smarter than he comes across.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean, Like he's a smart guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't like he There was something about him in the first couple episodes he was kind of like.
Speaker 2: The goofy, you know, funny funny. But I think he's.
Speaker 1: Actually he's like he he won't say I'm definitely gonna, you know, be able to be like it's because she didn't ask him, are you going to be monogamous? She asked him, do you think it's going to be difficult? And he's being honest, like he's being you know, nuanced about it. I guess he's saying.
Speaker 2: Like, weird question, is hard to be nuanced about though, when you're with your new wife. Yeah, but is it gonna be hard to be monogamous? No? Do size matter? No, it's just he answers things right away.
Speaker 1: No, I would be honest about this because I think the point of marriage is that monogamy is difficult.
Speaker 2: I think there's truth in that. I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not easy to be monogamous. If it's easy to be monogamous, it's not an accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Find it incredibly easy. It is not.
Speaker 1: Come on the whole point, the whole point of getting married is that it's not easy to be monogamal.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I disagree entirely.
Speaker 3: I think the point of being married is you found the person you want to be monogamous with forever, and all that other ridiculous dating, having to sleep with other people, taking your clothes off for the first time in front of them, which makes you nervous, all.
Speaker 1: That that's gone, that's sleepy, that's actually activating it. But the idea that you might like somebody else or be attracted to somebody else, and that you're not going to feel attraction or feel interesting.
Speaker 3: Finding an attraction to somebody else doesn't mean you're not being monogamous.
Speaker 2: It's the idea that But it's a difficulty. Oh see, Yeah, there's nothing difficult in that for me.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, there just is I've never had, never, once had a moment when I've been with another girl, when I'm in a committed relationship where I'm like, oh my god, what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Am I maybe going to cheat? My maye? Never once has that ever happened.
Speaker 1: No, that's interesting because to me, the whole point is that monogamy is slightly like a challenge because that's why it's an accomplishment. Yeah, because you stay together, because that's like great.
Speaker 2: In spite of wanting to be with other people.
Speaker 1: Well, just yes, because naturally monogamy is not like natural, I don't think like I think naturally you want to sleep with a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of different people in your life.
Speaker 3: You know, it's you know what's interesting is it might have something to do with my anxiety where it's literally like the idea that all that's gone is hugely relaxing to me.
Speaker 2: So to me, monogamy is I.
Speaker 1: Actually agree like the idea of dating and like, ugh, it seems exhausting and miserable. Also, the idea of cheating seems well, the idea of like having to manage more than one person's schedule and keep it a secret is a not so no, like in reality, like I'm not tempted whatsoever in that sense, but in the sense of, like, am I.
Speaker 2: Attracted to other people? Sure?
Speaker 1: Is the idea of sleeping with a like a bunch of different people interesting?
Speaker 2: Yes, of course. Yeah. See that's never been my way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never I can It's it's I get anxious with that shit. So it's like, oh my god, thank god I found my person. I don't have to deal with any of that shit anymore. So attracted to my wife, all this stuff I want to do with quote unquote with other people, I just get to do with you, and I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, I absolutely love that.
Speaker 1: All right, we get Marissa and Adam on the beach. Yes, she's ever modeled, but you know, it is just a way for him to get come on, you, come on.
Speaker 2: That, and she just goes.
Speaker 1: You give Apercrombie vibes. They get their iced coffee, and then I'm glad, she says. The drinking thing, the not drinking thing, isn't bothering her, which is so great.
Speaker 2: He talks about being able to toss her around.
Speaker 3: Take a sip of this, sirr alcohol and this the super chuckles.
Speaker 2: They're perfect for each other.
Speaker 1: They should just get off the show at this point, Yes, like we're done. Show them walking off into the sunset.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, sponsored by jet Ski.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe it's the honeymoon period, thought.
Speaker 2: He they instantly he went for being Are you kidding me with this? Douche too? I can't wait till Adams comes back on screen again. I love him. So all right, Michelle and Cameron are on the couch. He wants to be able to talk about struggles, and so she gets emotional and talks about her fibroids issue and she had her surgery at twenty six.
Speaker 1: She's gonna need surgery again. It's gonna mean that they have to plan and ahead for the kids because she has to wait like time after Yeah, she has a surgery. She's accepted that it would be okay to adopt, and luckily his sister is adopted.
Speaker 2: So it seems like a good call man, great call, matchmakers.
Speaker 3: Right when you said that again, and I think we knew that before, but when right when when it happened again, it was like, oh, that's right.
Speaker 2: All the people to you know that adoption might be a chap. No, yeah, he seems open to it.
Speaker 1: Great, Mecca and bel Jolie having drinks at the bar. She checks in to see how they're doing, both feeling well.
Speaker 2: I'm worried he's too young.
Speaker 3: I know, emotionally it just seems like he might be a little young for marriage, Like are they gonna I could see them literally, I know this sounds crazy.
Speaker 2: I could see them being like.
Speaker 3: We've decided not to stay married, but we're gonna keep dating, Like I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: I just he seems a little young for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they I just felt like in this scene they over talked how great they're doing, like you know.
Speaker 2: How to like meeting people. Just he was so such a good time. Yeah, such a good time.
Speaker 1: We're so we're having something, and then they're so excited to get to meet other people, which also I was like, are you guys already a little like there's one of you already?
Speaker 2: I wonder for it, Yeah, I wonder. Caitlin and Devin have dinner.
Speaker 1: He brings up her dad, says your dad seems like a funny guy, which I thought is the understatement of the Jeff and she says her parents repaired well after Andy fighting, which I I liked, and I thought it was a good sentiment, but doesn't seem to play out in their story. Later on, Nicki and Sean in a little bungalow, he is complimenting her body, she is not saying the same. He says he's happy with his dad bod, strips off his shirt, and she says to the camera and a confessional that she never saw herself with the guy with the dad bod, especially without the dad she did.
Speaker 3: She did say, though, which is which is nice that she did start by saying she loves his confidence. Yes, because it's somebody like me who's always been super uh kind of not disgusted, it's not the right word, but turned off by my own body. I never feel like I'm in shape, and I never want to take my shirt off.
Speaker 2: I envy men like that that are like, what.
Speaker 3: Do I care I'm taking my shirt off and feeling the sun on my chest.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And this is the thing I like Sean a lot. Me too, Me too. I'm always like, dude, you're great.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he just doesn't have those like that's and that's why the part of me is still optimistic, because he really just doesn't seem to.
Speaker 2: It's it's a little like spectromy do.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The way he is, and I think it's one of those things maybe he could just learn, like maybe he maybe learn the skills.
Speaker 3: I think you said it right though. I think once especially a woman has the ick. I think getting over that is a very very very tough thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He compliments her looks and she says she saw this gorgeous audience. When she highlights, he is like, the way you said gorgeous, I think she's not there yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: He asks her about her growth, and this is one of his first like sort of therapy psychobabble questions. When she tries to answer, he like kind of says, but that I asked you about your growth and it's very precise and like yes, she says, she feels like she's being interviewed and that the way an academic thing.
Speaker 2: Says things to her like yeah, you you didn't actually answer the question. What I said was, I'm like, wait, are you? Is she on trial?
Speaker 1: At this point?
Speaker 2: Is to just chill, yeah, chill. Yeah, it's weird, and he does. He keeps trying to hit the buzzwords that you hear on Instagram all the time. Of like, you know, this is what I'm supposed to be talking about. I hear you. I've processed, but it's like, oh, god, just have a conversation. I've taken the time to process. Yes, yeah, it's too much. It's too much.
Speaker 1: Then we get some phone footage of all the couples hanging out. I guess they're just constantly filming themselves in case something comes.
Speaker 4: Out of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of like, hey, when we're not here, you have to do a I'm guessing contractual, you have to do a fifteen minute blah.
Speaker 1: Blah blah, every kind of And then we get Courtney and Nick on the beach, awkwardly not sure what to do with themselves.
Speaker 2: God, Nick, we could play basketball. Do you want to swim out there? To the fact I'm not swimming?
Speaker 3: Okay, how about just sitting here talking, throw sand at each other, make a castle, just have a conversation.
Speaker 2: It's so awkward.
Speaker 1: Then we get a fake out of Felipe and Tory.
Speaker 2: Are they having sex? Nope, they're just moaning because they're eating a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then they pick up on their sort of cheating conversation because she wants someone who was loyal, and she tells this pretty entertaining story of being cheated on, how she got a message from the side chick o moved.
Speaker 2: Out while her boyfriend was away, and.
Speaker 3: Then she and the side girl like, man, yeah, but that's gotta hurt.
Speaker 1: Man Like, that's that's gotta make you so so And that's so different than what I mean. I would say that's different than what Felipe is talking about when he cheated, Like it sounds like he had one night thing, you know, like he's he made out with somebody, probably under the influence of alcohol or whatever. But in her story, it was like an ongoing thing with him. That's horrible.
Speaker 3: How do you I mean, it can ruin devastate you on so many levels, just like, Okay, you've destroyed my trust. I can't believe anything and you can't says to me anymore. Yeah, that's that's really dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I hope Felipe is sensitive to that. I think he will be. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Beljiuli and Mecca are on a boat talking about outfits, which are matching greens. She brings up.
Speaker 2: Their friendship and she says this thing she wants.
Speaker 1: She's wondering if their friendship is outweighing their romance, but he thinks it's natural. She likes a man to lead and not keep checking.
Speaker 2: It's such a it's such a dance dude, I know. And he's not making the moves. Basically, it seems like.
Speaker 1: He has not you know, and she's ready. She's ready for some kissing and some touching and something physical super interesting.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: At this point, I was also just like, is it the cameras? Like is he nervous about the cameras being there? Because that would kind of be weird too, sure, Like I don't know if I would be super ready to like.
Speaker 2: How many times you kissed on camera?
Speaker 1: But with my wife, Like if I if a camera my wife around, I probably i'd hold her hand, right, But I don't think I'd be macking on my wife on camera. Like I don't like doing PDAs, Like we do it when we're alone, like you have a private moment like on the way, you know, we pass each other or something, or at a party. We don't do it at like a table at a party, you know. I feel like if a Gramera crew were following us around capturing our normal life, even if we were like on a boat.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be making up with my wife on Hey, I kind of agree with you.
Speaker 3: I also think he's right, though, and and or she's right, if especially right at the beginning. If you're not careful, you get you can friend each other so fast.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's happening. I mean, because what he when he says later, I know, yeah, uh, Cordy and Nick at poolside and chairs awkward talk.
Speaker 2: Nick, come on, buddy, then something, pull out trivial pursuit cards and something. Do you want to go to the pool? So get a drink?
Speaker 1: And then she says to her camera or confessional, I am bored. I'm bold, says that she wants to get pushed in the pool anything playing at this point. Just have some drinks, which they do. It's just maybe gonna help. And this is where he talks about how his artistic, artsy side came out via reality shows, which I'm like, really, you're an entertaining guy and not right reality shows. Yeah, something's really missing for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah you forget the guy went to MI I t so he probably has an engineering analytical kind of mind which might not lend it, which is why you think the balance of being on a reality show would open him up to being far more goofy and get.
Speaker 2: But he's it's really I mean, this was this was kind of rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fallen asleep during his interview.
Speaker 2: Are you okay? But he thinks everything is gonna going great.
Speaker 3: It's like he was bitten by a mosquito and got something where he's just like.
Speaker 2: Dozing in the chair and everything, and it's like, come on, all right. Then we get Caitlin and Devon jumping into a swimming hole. This place looked awesome, amazing. They have fruit and champagne.
Speaker 1: I'd still have match about their past relationships. He's she's been in two four year relationships. He's been only in year year and a half relationship. He travels a lot, he's not good with long distance. And then she introduces a recurring theme, which is this black cat golden retree.
Speaker 2: I hadn't really heard this, but I hadn't either. I kind of know what she's talking.
Speaker 1: About, This idea that there's the person who, like a cat, is more reserved, wants like, wants to come to you on their own terms. You got to earn it a little bit, Yeah, you got to earn it a little bit, and then the Golden Retriever which just loves you, Golden Retriever of Boy Meets World, which we discovered, yea, Eric, the character of Eric was very much the Golden Retriever.
Speaker 2: Asce is this always giving love, always supportive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I am definitely more of a Golden Retriever.
Speaker 2: Oh me too, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I am one hundred percent the Golden Retriever in my relationship.
Speaker 2: I am a thousand percent the same way to my detriment.
Speaker 3: Sometimes yes, with other people, because I'm one of those people you could you could extrapolate it out even farther where it's There are some people where when you meet somebody new, they have to earn your trust. And then there's people like me where I trust you right from the start until you do something to where I can't trust you anymore. And so I don't know which one's more healthy, But that's just how I am. I'm definitely the Golden Retriever.
Speaker 1: Well, she she says that she's dated a lot of assholes, and knowing where this storyline starts to go, I would say, looking back on this scene now she is, I would say she's kind of she's used to assholes who treats her poorly. Yes, And I think it's a pattern probably started by her dad, right, which is like I love you, honey, baby, but then probably treated her horribly or didn't talk to her for whatever. So she's used to that treatment. For men, she thinks that that is what the way she should be treated, like yeah, that they have like intense moments of like fun and awesomeness and then she is like dismissed and not you know, shown affection.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is? It seems like people just have patterns, you know, right, But it seems to be more with women than men.
Speaker 3: And I'm obviously not trying to generalize, but you seem to find a lot of women that they they you know, they always talk about the nice guy finishes last, like they kind of want the asshole and then they're like, oh, the asshole that I'm with is such an asshole, and it's like, well, yeah, you wanted an asshole, and you seem to find a lot which is strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, I definitely like I have always been more attracted to like I think I would fall prey to negging very you know, the whole negging thing right where somebody says something negative and then like and that's like the whole pickup artist's way to.
Speaker 2: Like you're supposed to like do.
Speaker 1: But I do think that like for me, like if somebody is like sort of teasing me or making fun of me or like, I'm way more likely to be like, well that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if they're doing it in a fun way, but.
Speaker 1: Or just any I just know my pattern like I had never like when I dated, I had the word negging was not something in this. But when I heard that, I was like, oh, I definitely fell for that.
Speaker 2: So I mean, is it a challenge, Yes, it's the challenge. It's the challenge.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, yeah, you're you're too cool for me, like you're cool for me, or you're like, I'm not like in your league. Now I'm gonna have to make it into your league.
Speaker 2: Like I definitely.
Speaker 1: Fall prey to that. I'm older and smart enough now that I don't think I would. But when I was younger, I definitely When I looked back back on like when I heard that term and I looked back on past relationships, I'd be like, oh, yeah, I totally do you.
Speaker 3: Realize the vast majority of the girls that you were doing that with were probably going, I can't believe right or strong from boy me to old is interested in me.
Speaker 2: Like you were the get no. Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I was always going for older women who didn't know what Boy Meets World was.
Speaker 2: Because they would be like, who the hell are you?
Speaker 1: You think you're the you're you're hot shit? And I was like eighteen dating twenty five year old me too, because I was like.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I thought we were the prize in our heads. We were never I think I.
Speaker 1: Put myself in situations where I wasn't because I think it would have been too like.
Speaker 2: I think that was.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That's my pattern back then is that I would go for women that didn't probably treat me very well or have much respect for me because I was so like I didn't want a fan. To be honest, I of course I was. I wanted to get away from somebody who just wanted me because I was on television. I would so I took it to an extreme, you know, so I would literally try and find people who had never heard of Boy.
Speaker 2: Meets World, and so that usually meant older women, you know, and that would be like the biggest bonus.
Speaker 1: In fact, my first girlfriend in college you may remember Sarah. Yeah, we dated for a while and she lied to me for the first month of our relationship. She pretended that she had never heard of boy Meets World, and that is part of the reason that I fell into a relationship with her.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then how did how did she finally tell you?
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, I she broke down crying, like, you know, three weeks or a month into our relationship and was like, I am so sorry. I feel so horrible because this is getting pretty serious. But I kind of knew that you would, you know, be turned off by the fact that I had seen Boybet's World or knew who you were. So I pretended to not know who you were when we first met.
Speaker 2: Wow, and I forgave her. I was like, yeah, then she showed you your a TGIF tattoo.
Speaker 1: I mean, in part, it's like I was, you know, I was part of the problem too, because like I was artificially putting up a bear where I was like, if you've seen boring Me's world, we're doing to recognize me, you couldn't possibly be a real relationship, which is bullshit, like, of course, obviously somebody, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I always went for older women because it meant that I was more mature if they liked totally, like, that's what it means. I'm an adultate, I'm you know, I'm seventeen, she's twenty eight. That means I'm really like twenty eight. It's like, that's what it was. Like, Okay, that's really actually just creepy when you look back at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Nikki and Sean on the Beach talk about how their video diary went sideways the night before.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: So the pattern you keep seeing with them is they're like, yeah, we're going to the airport.
Speaker 2: So we had a serious problem at the airport. That's what they keep telling you. We're going for drinks. We ended up having a terrible night at drinks. It's like, uh, so, it seems that.
Speaker 1: She decided that they're gonna go through the entire on camera experiment before having sex, and she decided this without really him one hundred percent agreed, although it sounds like he.
Speaker 2: Kind of did. So it's one of these things.
Speaker 1: It seems like what Shawn's really upset about is that they're not gonna have sex, and he can't be upset about that, so.
Speaker 2: He's keeps being upset about I'm just upset about the way you say, you know. It's one of those things. It's like, no, no, I'm not mad that we're not having sex for five weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm mad about the way you did it without consult made that decision without me being on board.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, but it does sound a little bit like she was like, I've decided we're not having sex, and then turned to the cameras like we've decided to not have sex.
Speaker 2: And he's like, well, I didn't decide to not have sex.
Speaker 1: But they did have a conversation about it, right, and yeah, and I know, but yeah, I don't know. Man, he's making it about how they communicate, which I'm not sure if it's really about how they communicate.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She wants to get Yeah, she absolutely wants to get through this entire experiment without ever being naked with this guy, and then and then they're not gonna be together at the end, and she can be like I never even slept with them.
Speaker 2: That's what that's I'm that's what she wants at least.
Speaker 1: Now, can they get out of it before the show is over?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they can. I think you can go. I think it's happened before. Dude, there's been some random shit that's happened on the show. I remember one of the seasons. Seriously, I forget which season it was. This is the truth. They got married and they go to the airport for the honeymoon, and the woman he just married was pulled aside by security and arrested. She had a warrant for her rest and couldn't leave the country, and so they put him in off Well, no, they put him in a hotel room and with the cameras. The producer came up and they're like, we vetted, we didn't know any of this happened. If you want to bail now, you can bail now. We completely understand what's going on. And then they interviewed her and she's like, it was a misunderstanding. My ex boyfriend said I was stalking him, So there was like some warrant I thought I took care of. And they ended up continue on the show, but they wouldn't let her leave the country at first, so that like the first night with his wife they're like, oh, she was arrested. So, I mean, there's crazy stuff that has happened on this show.
Speaker 1: Because it's a crazy show. This crazy dream I kept thinking about. This episode really hit me because I feel like in the first couple, first three episodes, I don't know, there's something about the marriage. It almost seems like a dated show, you know what I mean, Like it's like, oh, maybe they're gonna work. But now where the rubber meets the road, you're like, these people are like, you're marriage. That's so weird, and like, let those expectations of what a marriage is when you've never been married before, yes's super interesting. That's what That's what we're seeing play out right now, is how their expectations of what it means to be married, yes, like what that actually means to them, Like in Shawn's case, to have sex. Yes, So he's sort of like I expected to get married to have a guaranteed right to have sex all the time. That's you know what I mean. Like I think he seriously thought that. It was like I'm getting a life partner. He's gonna be able.
Speaker 2: To sixty nine with me? Whenever I would sean, dude, you're still doing a reality show. Yeah, that you know. But he's like, but well that's the commitment. Oh god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, Caitlen and Devin are going to bed and she says she's gonna set the alarm to wake up and.
Speaker 2: The am set up, set up, set up. He says, wake me up before you go go because I'm not planning on going. So he wakes up and I guess doesn't wake him up. Nope, leaves for the gym.
Speaker 1: So then he wakes up and she went without him, and he's upset that she didn't communicate him. That's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Fair. It seems like like we literally have footage of her saying she would wake him up. Fair.
Speaker 1: It does seem like she kind of ran away from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, all you need to do is just be like I need him alone time, and my alone time.
Speaker 2: Is the gym.
Speaker 3: Yep son, I'm gonna wake up, I'm gonna go an hour before you.
Speaker 2: We'll high five on the way out.
Speaker 3: And I think he would have, like any other dude, would have been like, no worries, Like that's fine, right, I totally understand that I'm an athlete. There's times I need to put on my headphones, and I need to talk about how he was.
Speaker 1: In long distance relationships because he was always traveling, so he's clearly used to being separated or not he used to it.
Speaker 2: He says he didn't love it, but it.
Speaker 1: Seems like as long as you can communicate about the actual like.
Speaker 3: What are your needs, what are your wants and your needs? But telling me one thing and then just not doing it and then telling the camera I need to be by myself not okay, So yeah, weird, all right?
Speaker 1: And then we see people getting ready to go meet up each other as a as a big group.
Speaker 2: The whole group is going to gather at.
Speaker 1: The pool, So this is really weird to think about, like how these people already know each other that within genders they know each other right, but they haven't met each other's partner, so this must be a fun is a cool experience, and Felipe is super happy. He's just in his element with all these people around. And Adam immediately says the Tory and Felipe are a good match, which is I think accurate. Sean says that this is a that it's a good match for Felipe because this is the longest I've seen Felipe be quiet.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also though, the thing that's interesting, and you notice this and every season of the show, this is also the first opportunity for couples to equate themselves to where they are to where the other couples are. This is so it's like it's like, oh, okay, they're already having sex. Oh, look they're touching each other a lot. Oh wow, they're laughing really easily. I don't have that in my relationship.
Speaker 2: So you are you're judging it against all the other people that are around.
Speaker 1: Well, right here, Felippe and Courtney already have more banter in chemistry than she does with Nick, and it's painful to watch.
Speaker 2: She likes I think she likes Felipe.
Speaker 1: There's an immediate spark there, and it's just because he's socially engaging, he's entertaining.
Speaker 2: He's funny. She's like, he walks in and he owns the room. That's what I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't blame Nick entirely, and to a certain extent, if you remember Courtney's Matchmaker conversations, she thought of it a little bit much like a resume I think because remember she was the one that was like politically they have.
Speaker 2: To be this, you know, she like she went the checklist and she was like, I want an athlete, but not a bodybuilder.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like she and I think maybe she should have been a little more like, hey, personality is important, you know, because because what she got was like a good dude, like he's the resume, he's the package. Yeah, clearly smart and yeah, like based on what she said, I don't think Felipe would have been on her list, do you know what I mean? Right, because he wouldn't have been an athlete, he wouldn't have maybe been attractive enough for her, he warns a restaurant. He cares more about socializing than he does his job or like you know, and and yet it seems like immediately she has more of a so you know, this is a little on her, like so she presented what she wanted. I can see that Felipe says he has the least faith in Nick and coordinate because it seems like it Nick is not here for love, which is exactly to your point about.
Speaker 2: You said that, Yeah, but he's also again that's what that's what kind of changed my mind is because he also doesn't seem to be here for the reality show because he's not speaking on camera at all. I mean it's like he's falling asleep during his interviews, so like, what is he doing? The girls chat, they go right to the sex.
Speaker 1: Uh, everyone sort of updates that, you know, nothing's happened yet. I'm cuddling, but Marissa says, okay, skip and everyone squeals and cheers.
Speaker 2: Is because Adam trained for this. He trained, Adam got the job done. He did.
Speaker 1: He's just as beautiful, emotional and heartfelt. That is as his rendition of fair lease. You know, can we play back the rendition of fair lease was let's let's just do it all, fourteen minutes of it, you know, because it was so memorable and authentic. You know, one more, it was heartfeld, right, you remember his fairlies.
Speaker 3: You know that he finished having sex with her and then he went, I'm gonna do one more.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do one more. I'm just give me a minute, bit, just give me a minute. And I could do that again, put my sogs on.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's how women want to sex, right with someone who's gritting his teeth and just performing his job.
Speaker 2: Hell. Yes, it's passionate because I says it. I say it is. That's why he's the guy. He's looking in the mirror while he does it. Yeah, sexy, what's that? That's a Christian bale from American psycho. He's like making the making, the flexing. Their seems like ursus. She loves it, she loves it. I mean, I'm in on this couple. I'm in on this couple.
Speaker 1: Adam says he won't kiss and tell with the guys, which is his humble brag way to say, I to my wife, I win, mother, I did I did it, did it, got the job done.
Speaker 2: Exactly sixteen minutes as per plan.
Speaker 3: Two minute break, two minute break, did a little uh round dration in round three, round three in the morning.
Speaker 2: We hit it every time, jet ski, jet ski, and we did it again. Got an h jam with jet ski. Mission accomplished. Felipe asks if there have been any points of friction.
Speaker 1: Devin says that Caitlin is very independent and he doesn't feel like he wants to be overbearing. Felipe says, it's a marathon, not a sprint, and I thought this was very good advice. Yep, I hope that trust, trust the process.
Speaker 4: Trust.
Speaker 2: You just said that this would be the thing, Trust the process.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Caitlyn talks about wanting more space, needs her own time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not going so well. These people are not meant to be. Really, these people are not meant to be. She's not, and I'm gonna very rarely ever do this. This is on her. She's a different person than they got married. I think she can break her pattern.
Speaker 1: I think she can break her like if her pattern is I've dated horrible men who have been unemotional and I you know, they treat me like crap, and I'm addicted to that to a certain extent. Maybe she can break that addiction and be like, actually, this is a stable guy.
Speaker 2: And if he can, if.
Speaker 1: He can learn to like cool off a little bit, and she can communicate when she needs her time. I don't know, man, I'm hoping. I'm hoping because I like them together. I like them, you know, I was kind of rooting for him.
Speaker 2: Well see all right.
Speaker 1: Sean recaps the diary cam fail. He says, like, we already had a real real argument. Nicki at her table talks about how they had this argument, but he did come back the next day, she says, having learned and he's taught her how to meditate, got her meditating, he brings her coffee.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man Like, if he really did do that, which we didn't see, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I think he might win her over. I think emotionally they could maybe make it work. I don't think she'll ever be attracted to him physically. I just don't think she will.
Speaker 1: Well, Courtney's really because they haven't slept together and haven't kissed. She says she's not into him, which I'm not sure anyone else is really saying directly. So yeah, Nick talks to the camera and says that Adam, Adam and Marissa physically all over each other, and he feels like he and Courtney are vibing emotionally.
Speaker 2: So this dude has no clue, That's what I'm saying. He's not reading the room.
Speaker 3: No, they're on a different just different planets when it comes to this.
Speaker 1: I mean, Courtney and Caitlin connect, these two sort of you know, both one alone time. Yeah, and then Nick slithers in they immediately get awkward. So yeah, Earlier in this episode, he says, I'm gonna go slither away to my wife, I would never use the word slither. And this is just one of those weird questions. If you were describing your own physical movements, would you say slither?
Speaker 2: I slithered over to no. No.
Speaker 3: Also, though, I've got to say, Courtney, if you're listening less suicide references, please less I'm gonna shoot myself in the heads. She did it like three times and it's like, oh yes, and it's like, Okay, we get it. You're not enjoying yourself. You don't need to mimic the fact that you're going to kill yourself because you're with this dude.
Speaker 2: For Ai, It's like, come on, yeah, and let's move on to episode five.
Speaker 1: So Many Penguins again, Met a Penguins.
Speaker 2: Devin and Kalyn come back to the room.
Speaker 1: He brings up the gym issues.
Speaker 2: She wants space recharge time. He seems to perspect it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so seems like he needs to say that it's more about communicating, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, he's not he's not he's not able to I mean, and hopefully this will come up when they go into their like next phase, which yeah, working with the matchmakers, right, So yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just being like, dude, I'm I'm okay with all that. You just gotta let me know. Yeah, like you're not gonna get shipped for me, go to your thing, but just please let me know that that's what you're gonna do. Nicki and Sean. She's trying on a dress. She's afraid of boob's gonna pop out.
Speaker 1: He wants a pooped up I watch your move to pop out, Sean.
Speaker 2: Sean, Buddy cool budie Sean.
Speaker 1: Michelle and Cameron just got back from a Mayan ceremony where they kissed on the lips.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to do this just aesthetically you with the height thing, it's just too much. No, the two of them don't look as good together as the other couples. It just it looks off. I don't know what it is. It just looks off. They look wonky together. I don't know. They just when Adam and Marissa under a tree, Okay, yes, s I I should say J E T S K I N J. He runs, She runs his hand on his leg. Kiss. Yeah, yeah, no, Barb, I feel that that's an extra muscle most people don't have. That's an that's an atom muscle. I've got an extra one trained for this. That's my second Adam's Apple down. It's a jet ski apiece. So I'm so Adam. I got two Adams Apple. I got three, one on each leg. I have an extra caf because of the jet skis.
Speaker 1: Nicki and Sean sit down for dinner and he begins to interview her about friendship bro So, she was with her seventeen year old boyfriend for ten years. She says she outgrew him at year five. She had bigger dreams and her boyfriend wanted a simple woman. And I thought this explained a lot, you know, like oh, and then Sean says that when things get difficult, women avoid him. He has never experienced a love where someone is caring or providing for him.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure he's found it.
Speaker 3: Did you find any of what Nicky said about outgrowing her boyfriend at year five? And did you find any of that a little bit red flaggy? I just wonder if ever a relationship gets comfortable with her where it's like, hey, I'm good at my job. I enjoy my job, but I also like the comfortability of our relationship. If it's going to to her be like, well, now you're not trying like you always need to be going forward.
Speaker 1: No, Actually, I think the red flag was that she stayed with him for so long. Well, because she says a year five she had already outgrown.
Speaker 2: Him of a ten year relationship.
Speaker 1: Because like you know, my wife has a very similar past story where she was like, very happily in a long term relationship pretty early on in her life and just reached the point where she was like, I this is this person wants a life that is very simple, and I want to be an actor. I'm to be ambitious. I have big art dreams, and I want to take on the world. And so she took the brave step of walking, you know, moving out of a long term relationship at the age of twenty two, and like, that is to me, the what what nick? You should have done that too, Yeah, that's what I mean. Yeah, but I get that, you know, I don't think it's a red flag that you found yourself, you know, realizing that you outgrew the person you're with. I think that's actually way, like, that's pretty healthy. I think it's good.
Speaker 3: I think if it happens once, it's really healthy. If it's happens over the part and then you've got it, then it's part.
Speaker 2: But I'm not saying that's happened to her. I'm just I was wondering.
Speaker 3: It struck me a little, like, Okay, I wonder if that's the only time it happened, or.
Speaker 2: It's just no one will ever be good enough for you. So yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Michelle and Cameron are sitting down for lunch discussing Cavia, and then they bring up and this is one of those moments where was like, where there he doesn't live in Seattle. It's like, yeah, God, so we have the logistics factor of getting married. Yeah, so he's in Portland until March. He's coaching basketball. He asks her if she's open to living in different places.
Speaker 2: She likes Seattle. She doesn't seem to be up.
Speaker 3: Also, a coaching job, you go where the job is, and you're in Seattle this week, and then next month you're in Indiana and that's where you live now for three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she says, raising a family, she wants to be near her parents. But I mean this is where I was like, Portland's actually only three hours from Seattle.
Speaker 2: They're really close.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, man, Like, for me, this is like kind of a crazy conversation because like in La, everyone I know had to move away from their parents to you know, to La, and they all have kids without grandparents nearby, right, So I don't know, but maybe that's just an La things Like I felt like she they were making kind of a big deal out of like you three hours from your parents, Like that's yeah, still having that's still pretty damn close to your parents.
Speaker 2: I guess it also depends on how you're raised. I mean, she's Vietnamese, and I don't know much about the Vietnam much. I don't know anything about the Vietnamese community, but I imagine if it's anything like other Asian communities, then you're very close to multi generational families totally that are with each other and helping to raise children.
Speaker 1: And no, I think if you can do it, definitely, But three hours is not that fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can pull that off.
Speaker 3: I'm more worried about just his job because again, it's like it's usually oh, hey Portland just fired you. Hey I just got a job in Syracuse. It's like that's you're all over the place when you're doing something like this.
Speaker 1: Well, then they move into this you know, fribrory fibroid surgery conversation again and she says, this is where she says, we have to plan a year out, like I have to have surgery and then has to be another year before we could even have kids.
Speaker 2: And then this.
Speaker 1: Interesting thing happens where he says, so you have to you have to plan ahead, and I was like, oh, it's a you not we interesting Oh I didn't notice that he's still thinking in terms of like I and you will have to plan it. He's not like, Okay, so we will have to plan ahead and we want to have kids.
Speaker 2: I was like, dude, that sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah he said it, like yeah, and it's not it's his fault. I mean, this is obviously it's an unconscious thing. But it was definitely a moment that I noticed. I'm like, oh, you are not You're not one hundred percent on board yet, because if you were one hundred percent on board, you'd say we we will have to plan a year out, Like that's what you say when you've married somebody, and yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Got twenty bucks on you right now and you have to yay or nay. Cameron and Michelle nay.
Speaker 2: I think so too, just knowing that. Yeah, I think so too. Yeah, everyone meets at the pool. Uh Felipe talks about being ugly.
Speaker 1: Nick says he was nerdy growing up, and then we get Adam swim sucks man.
Speaker 2: His confidence is remarkable. Did he give the reason that I think he gave? Did I rewind it twice?
Speaker 3: And hear that you never know when somebody's gonna throw you a football or something, so you want to have traction.
Speaker 2: Not slit. Yeah, he wants traction for what for? Just in case a flag football game brings.
Speaker 1: You never know what a random jet ski might be going down, and you got to you gotta get that that leap to jump onto the jete.
Speaker 2: It's so strange.
Speaker 1: Why cotton socks Like there are socks smart wool socks are made for water, like that's the idea behind them. So yeah, because if they get wet, they don't get cold. So there's like literally a whole branch a type of sock that is like basically an aqua sock, like that's what it's made for. Or booties dude like everywhere like yeah, that's but why just regular.
Speaker 2: It's so dorky, so strange. But his confidence is admirable. I love it, Caitlin, Courtney's still craving alone time. They talk about that. Courtney especially just dying to not have one on one time.
Speaker 1: If she wants to be around everybody else.
Speaker 2: God, she'll kill herself if she has to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then in the pool, Nick says to Mecca, I wish she'd just come over and talk to me at any point.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. Nick needs the course correct to not get friend zoned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mecca says his biggest problem with him right now is that he doesn't want to look like I'm thirsty. He's scared he's going to mess things up, but he hasn't done anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a dance man. It's a delicate balance. I get that. Am I pushing too far? Is it not enough? I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Contribution to the conversation thosand dollars cash if anyone beats me at pickle ball. Yes, Courtney tells everyone she just wishes. She wants to say to Nick, you're boring, And she points to Felipe as someone who can work her rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got a thing for think she does. I think she's got a thing for Felipe.
Speaker 1: And then we get some very on the nose lyrics why don't you put your lips on mine? I don't want to kiss, I just want a piece of your mind.
Speaker 2: This was this episode?
Speaker 1: Really the lyrics? This, I mean, this is the dumbing down of America. Right, Editors on shows, listen, please stop googling song lyrics to fit the.
Speaker 2: Theme of the scene, which they do. You can do better, find like.
Speaker 1: A counterpoint, find it like a subtle chorus, or a song that relates to the theme in some sort of like intersection, not like a perfect reflection.
Speaker 2: I just think this is just sitting by the pool with the sock song. Exactly if you made the ratchels did you want to get married? Your friend?
Speaker 3: Zoned and sprucer of reality.
Speaker 2: I believe you could do better, do better, do better, do better?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Then we get Nick Courtney on a boat trying to have fun conversation would you rather? He says, he choose bad breath forever over it's not always coming out of his I mean, both of these choices are awful.
Speaker 2: But that's why it's such an important question.
Speaker 1: I know, but she just doesn't like his answer, so I had it taken snot really.
Speaker 2: Over over bad breath all the time. Such a tough question.
Speaker 1: But bad breath you can deal with. You could just like always have a mint.
Speaker 3: But no, I think that's the point is you're saying, even the mints don't work, like you always have bad breath or you always have a running nose.
Speaker 2: That's it. I don't want to think about either one exactly. These are why these are questions based for marriage.
Speaker 1: Rider all right, Well, they do have a good conversation here about wanting to be goofy and she talk a little more playfully, and I think this is a good conversation. She starts to tear up. He puts his hand on her leg, but then she immediately like pulls back, you know, and it's like sorry, sorry, which I found interesting because she's talking about wanting to be more emotional and playful and like.
Speaker 2: And she's like there it is ten seconds. I'm good, I'm good. She's like very proud for control.
Speaker 1: And this is the thing, this is her contradictory thing is like I think she presents she wants to be the person who who doesn't need emotional regulate or emotional like supporter, but she actually does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like h and he.
Speaker 1: To his credit, he says, hold on, let's go back to what you were saying, which about being playful and like that was cool.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, but it's not looking great. I don't think so. Michelle and Nick opening champagne. She's a speech offian about how close they've been getting. He says change is hard for him. This whole thing is very uncomfortable for me. He's afraid he's going to be trapped, and she asks, if you're so scared a commitment, then why did you do a show called marriage First Sight. That's a very good question, fair question.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then he describes their situation accurately, but I would say pretty robotically, you know, hot tub um and she says.
Speaker 2: He is a spiritual leader for them, which Sean immediately pivots to sex. Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He asked what you need or what you want from me? But she has nothing, So then she asks him, are there is there anything you want from me? And he proceeds to list.
Speaker 2: Physical things he wants touch and her.
Speaker 1: She kisses scratchy, scratchy, touchy, touchy, winky winky fundle balls, no big deal.
Speaker 2: Sixty nine, just rub my head and maybe rim.
Speaker 1: Me, these are things every man wants from his wife, but she very recently says no, she wants all that to happen naturally.
Speaker 2: She met him six days.
Speaker 1: Ago and yes, and he responds, oh my gosh, he's suddenly realizing she's not sexually attracted to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Oh it just he's not another one not reading the room at all? How many times do you need to throw out sexual things that are not landing before you re this is not you're the knock knock jokes aren't working, bro pivot and so it's yeah, somebody does not know how to read an audience at all.
Speaker 1: She says, you know, she respects and likes him, and he like says, I don't want you to kiss me because you like me and respect me fair, which is fair, but also like you what so then what a pity kiss?
Speaker 2: Like what are you saying? You like, I don't want this? It's like, yeah, but you know that's what she got if you get anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, all right quick.
Speaker 1: Felipe and Torri going horseback ride and looks like they're having a good time.
Speaker 2: These two.
Speaker 1: Adam and mursay, are you going to work on your lower back?
Speaker 2: Working? My traps, and my psis Devin and Kayla having dance lessons and this dance thing. You know, this this was how that's a good time, right, he says he feels flirty, scrunchy nose vibes and like, you know, this.
Speaker 1: Is where I realized that the whole show is like they didn't get a chance to court one another, right, And I do think Devin and Caitlin would have had a better shot if they had courted one another, because you would have been able to like spend time together and then not spend time together, like gotten those breaks and she's kind of craving, and I think they would have built their sort of affection schedule over time mutually, do you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because that's something you build mutually.
Speaker 1: You realize like, oh, this person needs a little space, this person needs a little kiss or whatever. So they had to like skip ahead, and that's really hard, you know, because what does marriage mean? For Devin, it means constant love and attention, always in it with together, And for Courty it means some awesome, flirty good times that are intense and then some space apart. And they're like they both got married with their expectation, like before the courting.
Speaker 2: Bar Ah such a weird show.
Speaker 3: See it's such a weak show because the way I and I could be wrong, but it sounds a little bit like you're saying Caitlyn is like I want this too, but I also want some time apart. Where it read to me like Caitlyn came off one way and then she'll be happy, go lucky, and then you turn around and look back and then she's out of the room or she's got she's it's like, whoa, what what the hell just happened? Like that's how it reads to me with her, and it could just be editing. It could be not like that at all. But the way you said it sounds way more reasonable than I think she's coming off on the show where it seems it doesn't seem to me like it's coming off as a reasonable thing. It comes off like it's like, wow, you seem instantly closed off and now you want It's like, I.
Speaker 1: Think that that's her emotional pattern, do you know what I mean? Like I feel sorry for her too. I've seen her dad. You feel like she's she's learned a really bad pattern about male affection. And I think you know, she said it. She's been in horrible relationships. Yeah, I think we're seeing that pattern. Like what happens when you live in that pattern is that you protect yourself by pulling away from the person who's showing you a lot of affection because you're terrified that any minute he's going to turn around a start being an asshole, start yelling at you, maybe being abusive, you know what might one might say, like which I think potentially her ex boyfriends and maybe her dad were.
Speaker 3: And I think if he becomes more of an asshole, she'll be more attracted.
Speaker 2: To him, exactly.
Speaker 1: And that sucks, and it sucks to his credit, he's trying to just keep you know. But and so I'm really I'm hoping that the matchmakers can maybe sort of point some of this out. Yeah, they can try and break each of their patterns, you know, emotionally, or just fit their pattern together. Like this is where I was like, Man, if they had just gone on fifty dates, they probably would have figured out this stuff about each other and just yeah, yeah, all right, Felipe and Torri. He got her flowers and they start talking about who's messy. He says he's a five out of ten. This is, you know, the reality of moving in together. He talks about how he plays video games like a fifteen year old boy, and she seems fine.
Speaker 2: She says she's gonna be an online shopper.
Speaker 1: But this scene was interesting to me because I did start to think that she's kind of taking a role, like she's pulling back her a little bit. Oh you think, yeah, not to run away from him, but kind of protecting herself. I feel like she's lessening herself to match his energy.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's maybe a surely thing to do, like if you want to stay in a marriage. But I'm a little concerned because, like you know, she was like, I'm very religious.
Speaker 2: And he's like I'm an atheist.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, and so how many other ways is she just sort of saying, Okay, I'm gonna be a little less who I am, Yeah, to match you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, like because he's a big personality he is.
Speaker 3: But I think one of the most the healthiest things I heard in all the episodes was him saying, I'm making sure I'm not love bombing her. Yeah, Like I don't want to be that guy. Who's like I love you, I love you, love you right away, like I'm doing my damn this not to make that happen, which I think is you know, it's that's that's love bombing is a relatively new term, but it's obviously been around forever, and so the idea that somebody's cognizant of that where it's like I don't want to do this is again a delicate balance.
Speaker 2: And you're right.
Speaker 3: You don't get to grow over over time and over with dates. It's instantly married and jumping right into it. And then it's the honeymoon, and then you're judging your honeymoon by what other.
Speaker 2: People do on their honeymoons.
Speaker 3: But it's like you've known her a day, so that's not the same as a regular honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's there's so much shit that goes on.
Speaker 1: Well, then we get a very painful scene with Belgiulia and Mecca in robes in bed, they talk about their attraction levels.
Speaker 2: This came out of nowhere, and I thought at first he was joking, but then I don't think he was.
Speaker 1: They say that he says she's attracted to him at one hundred and fifty percent and he's at eighty percent, which then he readjusts to a sixty eighty ratio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little brutal and kind of out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: I felt really sorry for her me too, Like there are a really great couple, and.
Speaker 2: They're both beautiful people. That's what I'm saying. They're stunning. They're stunning people.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like, what what, But you know, attractions, attraction, Like that's it's one of those things like he might have he probably would have looked at a headshot of her, and she's undeniably beautiful. I mean, all are on the show. And then the reality of attraction is when you're in that you know that chemistry, like who knows what you end up loving?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But there's also something to it.
Speaker 3: It was it's not just a conversation about how attracted I am to you. It's a conversation more about you're more attracted to me than I'm attracted to you. So it's not even like it's it's a double whammy on you because I'm not as attracted to you are, but you're I can also tell you're really attracted to me, So it's that double kind of like, ooh, you kind of in a way insulted me twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a weird thing that he's saying, Yes, it is. It's like he's really kind of sabotaging.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: You don't want to under like just say like it's so cool that you're really into me, because it's like yeah, it's like you're right, because he's faulting her for being too into him, yes, which is like that's not something she should be at fault for. No, like, of course, she's just she's into and like obviously he likes himself. He thinks he's attractive. He's trying to be attractive the way he dresses and cares about his hair and looks, so like the fact that she's attractive should totally be Yeah, you're right, that should be wholly positive. Yes, And if he has anything to say, it should be I'm just a little slower on my attraction level right now and I need like a little more space.
Speaker 3: You're obviously gorgeous and this is growing, but not Yeah, you like me a lot more than I like you.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, that's that's weird.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: We get Adam going down the slide and socks and Devin going down the slide, and he says he's craving with Adam and Marissa have which the jet skis Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, probably love. Oh that's what you mean? Okay? Marissa and Adam at dinner cheers jet skin, love cheers to jet skiing, then love. She checks his his drink for alcohol. They eat some steak bab with his hands, he picks it up.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: This, it's so comically ridiculous that he is becoming my favorite.
Speaker 1: And then Adam says that if he were to send a couple home, it'd be Devin, which I thought was a little sad, but I don't know, he's not miss completely misreading the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he thinks they're cooked. Actually, is that what you would do? Is that what you do if you had send home? If you had to send one couplee with you?
Speaker 1: I think they're just not going to NICKI and Sean, and then I would actually Nick, I'm still hoping for Yeah, yeah, Nick and Courtney or yeah probably next.
Speaker 2: And Sean couldn't agree more. And then let's talk about what what what? What would be hot for me to wear in the kitchen. It's so great.
Speaker 1: I love that he is if we had to fight, what would it be about? And she says that you might like your jet ski more than me and he says, yeah, it's kind of like fair someone having a kid. And it's like, no, dude, You're ki is not a child, it's a jet ski. And then I love that he says one of my ex I said, bro too much?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes you do. And he's like no, It's like, did you stop. She's like, no, good's part of my vocabulary. Bro dumped it. I dumped that. I dumped her, pushed her right off to jet Ski.
Speaker 1: Bro all right, Courtney and Nick, she wants to find a sushi spot. She asks him about the Paramount Theater and he gives a what does he say? Rb F face.
Speaker 2: Which I had to google. Oh you didn't even I knew this one, resting us face yep.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're yeah, And you know he explains that he's always does that.
Speaker 2: Is this what he talks about the fact that he's going to see Avril Levine and she was amazing. Yeah, okay, it's a whole nother conversation we'll have later. Really you don't like al fine, I think ave Levine's fine.
Speaker 3: I have no problem with av Levine, but the idea of this thirty one year old man, like dude.
Speaker 2: And then I was at the Avolagem. She was incredible. Like that a little weird to me. I like avel Levine. She's fine.
Speaker 1: All right, we go out on lyrics. I feel it happening? Do you feel it happening? Then we get to a commercial break and come back with the lyrics. I would take so many leaps of faith, like run away to an exotic place to you, while run away to an exotic place with you, while we see shots of an exotic place where characters have taken a leap of faith.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Michelle and Cameron bring out some laundry and they start talking about little things that might annoy each other, and she says shaving, clean up your hair, take out the trash, fair fair and then they talk about this dog thing. I actually liked that. He was like, what's your dog voice? This is a cool question, yeah, because it's very true, like everyone has the dog boys and he really drive you crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if you hear some people's dog voice, like, oh I give.
Speaker 1: You the ck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought this was funny and gave me a little more hope for these two.
Speaker 2: I hope so too, maybe maybe maybe get over the difference.
Speaker 1: And then Devin and Kaylyn and she talks to the camera, talks about being afraid that she's not gonna be able to give him what he wants. He feels rejected, and we get the lyrics. Maybe one day I'll get what I want instead of what I'm.
Speaker 2: Needing because Caitlin doesn't touch me enough enough. And that's I've ever done this show my Well, we've of course reached what an arrangement? What an arrangement? Mona mona angela angela? What an arrangement?
Speaker 3: Where of course we talk about some of the most famous arranged marriages throughout history, and today we were talking about it, and I apologize for all the pronunciation that I'm going to be butchering today, but we're talking about the Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal, the arrange within the moough Hall Royal family. Shah Jahan's devotion and love for Mutaz became a legendary love story. They were married in sixteen twelve and became absolutely inseparable companions. Her death in sixteen thirty one inspired the construction of the taj mahal Oh Yeah, which she made for her because she was the love of his life.
Speaker 2: So I thought that it was an arranged marriage. It was an arranged marriage. There you go. It can work. Maybe maybe the end of this season. There's a jet scheme, Hall j y, it's for you. Be built it with my muscles.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to Pop meets Twirled. The vows have been spoken, the experts have weighed in and are completely offhand. Conversation has now.
Speaker 2: Become a season long commitment. We'll see you next time. Trap you're smoking