Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is Steve, j Envy, Jesse, Hilarry and Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in.
Speaker 2: The building who refuses to stop. Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin Hart, Welcome back, brother. He just won't sit down.
Speaker 1: How you yourself.
Speaker 4: If nobody else will give it to you.
Speaker 1: Life is great. No complaints man. Uh here to talk about more ship, which means great ship is happening. Uh still moving, still tracking, still working, still doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: But bigger. When the last time you took a break?
Speaker 1: Why? Why? Why take a break? We talking about this all the time every Now you can rest when you die. I enjoyed doing what I do, So why why am I looking to rest. I have a good time working. I don't. I don't like hate my job or my job doesn't stress me out. I enjoyed the idea of work. I enjoy the idea of doing something that I set out to do. Like that's my happy space. Yeah, so I'm not I'm not resting anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations to your egles. Congratulations to your egos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations, congratulations. I am a Giants fan.
Speaker 1: That's crazy you think me. I mean, I don't work in the office. I understand what your office did they Cin Barkley, how about how about that? Just a second, just a second to talk about that? How how about that? Man? Like, not a lot of officers can like sit and be like we fucked up. There's not a lot that can actually go you know what, man, we really fucked up on this one.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: Like who's responsible? Like they got a point. That's one of the few times where they got a point in each other? Was you guaranteed you who didn't make the fucking deal? It was you know, I thought it was our best interest, the biggest gift in forootball.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So stupid season in New York.
Speaker 2: I'm happy he wouldn't have that season in New York. You don't know what he would have, that's true. You don't know what they wouldn't want the super.
Speaker 1: Bowl, I mean, that's true, but you don't know the season.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Coming back healthy, ready to play football. You know, it's not like he just got good. He's been fucking good healthy hundred It was the face of the Giants, I mean one hundred percent. Why do you get her to say, I just don't understand it, but thank you. I thank the giants for the gift, one of the best gifts I've ever fucking like received as a fan.
Speaker 5: In saw talk to us about this new two part documentary you Got One to Call.
Speaker 1: She congratulations to Jamie fox Man. This is a Jamie fox Like idea that he came to me with at heartbeat. And you know, it was a concept about being one of the call sheet and the good and bad of it. Right. He's like, you know a lot of people experience it, but it doesn't do the same for everyone, you know, and whether it's the ego, whether it's the money, whether it's the idea of the money, whether it's the thought of my career is now about to be, and it doesn't become like there's so many different, uh concepts attached to it. I thought it was a great idea, man, you know, fox is a brilliant mind. And I said, to make it real, like, we got to go out and you know, of course happened to all our relationships. So it started off is just the idea for men, Like we were heavy on the men's side, and then we were like, yo, it's dope as fuck if you have it to where you know there's a male version, and then we go when we tap into a female version as well, and really just expand the conversation of success or lack thereof. And it's, uh, it's dope to hear all these people talk about it. So I think people are gonna be blown away by hearing the good and the bad. Like everybody doesn't fuck with the concept of it.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll be a number one on the cause.
Speaker 4: Everybody doesn't fuck with it. When when did you become number one on the cast sheet? And what does it mean to be there?
Speaker 1: I've been number one for a while. Like I love it. I love it like I don't. I don't want to make it very clear. I love it. Think like a man the first time, No, I mean the first one. First one was probably, of course paper soldiers way back in the day. Oh, but you know it's been it's been a lot.
Speaker 2: They will be happy to hear that. He'll be happy to hit at you.
Speaker 1: Paper soldiers shut out today. I think I think for for me, it's more about you know, it's about the the idea of building the project. So so you know, I'm more of the creative behind the scene now, so to have the idea and the idea come into like real life and you're like, oh shit, we're doing this and it's happening. And then the number one on the call sheet and you're like, following down, that's great. But now, honestly, I don't really I don't really give a fuck, Like I'm joking about the number one, But I'm more about putting other people in place to do ship and the producing or the development of projects is what thrives, like, that's what drives me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You never left the road.
Speaker 1: Why is the road so important to you? Because you control it, you own it. Uh, there's no small venues. You do big venues. Like nothing better than stand up coming. There's no job better than the job of live entertainment, live audience, Your fans, your connection, your relationship. It doesn't die right like you can you literally if you if you treat it like a plant and you forever water it, the plan is never gonna die right like, So if it can grow and you have good seasons, bad seasons, it's always gonna be there. And those fans are just gonna ride with you forever. So I'm very I'm very adamant on staying true to stand up comedy. Nothing takes the place in stand up coming. I don't give fuck what I'm doing the level that I'm doing at. I will go and do comedy clubs. I will come to New York for months on a time and just do a run of pop ups.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's my muse, that's my stress reliever.
Speaker 5: So do you have a specific process, Like do you ever still go back and visit family in Philly to like get some get some light core material.
Speaker 1: Nah? I mean, you know, I just I think when you're when you're doing a lot in general, you're you're always in the space of creative thinking, right, Like, if you're NonStop, I'm not in the house like I'm I'm traveling, I'm around people like you're. If you're constantly around and you're constantly seeing things like, that's where your ideas are coming from. That's where the urge to talk about more shit happens, whether young energy or old energy, that's where my appetite to go, Oh fuck, that's funny, let me let me go on stage. I'm gonna see who this is or oh god, this is actually this is a new fucking like this is a new bait or possible like idea to get to the bait so I can fucking get like some dope shit. Once I get excited about it, then I'm I'm hitting around running. But it's not. It's not family generated, it's travel generated. Where am I going with? Am I experiencing? Who am I around?
Speaker 3: Did you had Damon way and say that he would never do a stand up anymore because.
Speaker 2: He was like, people are too sensitive, people are stupid?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, basically, you know he says anything, people get offended too fast, and it's like it's just not worth the distress.
Speaker 1: Uh, I understand, I mean I'm not. I don't. I don't see it the same way because I don't. I don't. I don't have that level of give a fuck of I don't want to do the thing that I love to do because I'm caring so much about what everybody else is thinking about what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't I think he meant that on you know how the wayne's used to be like they no limit, like you talk about anything. But now that since the new trend is being offended and a lot of people are just you know, it is what it.
Speaker 1: Is though communities. I mean, Dame is Dame. Dame is a legend. Like if Dame wanted to go on stage and fucking around, Dame can do what he wants when he wants. Uh, you know the idea of people being upset or or fucking triggered. If you're thinking about that, like, then you're you're going down a crazy spiral. I'm not. I'm not doing comedy and thinking about the thought of what you think about what I'm saying like I'm I have the things I want to talk about. I know the direction I want to go in. I'm not here to offend. I'm not here to aggravate or his people off I'm here to do my craft.
Speaker 2: Do you can get away with anything if it's actually funny.
Speaker 1: If it's fun if it's funny and it's coming from a genuine like I'm not being malicious like now, if you're if your intent is to be malicious behind set thing and there's no real humor attached to it, it's just an angry, fucking suggestion, and that's different. But I'm not in that space.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not doing Last time you've been angry.
Speaker 1: Last time've been angry. It's been a minute. Man, it's been a minute. I don't get what what do you think? Like what are you angry about? Like why? Why? Why are you letting things drive you to the point of a level of anger that prevents you from doing something else? Like it takes so much energy to be angry?
Speaker 4: Or do you have something that when you even get to that point, Like is it the gym?
Speaker 2: Is it your kids? Is it the stage?
Speaker 1: Like I don't I know this is gonna sound crazy. There's nothing that pressing to make me angry. You can have a moment, you can frustrated for a moment, but then I'm a solution oriented That's what I mean. Likes this Okay. If something happened and it's upset, all right, well why like why did it happen? Like anything? It's all office or business related, so like well why all right? Well now that is the case, Like what are we doing to basically get outside this box? How can I help get outside the box? Like me being upset at you doing your mistake doesn't change the mistake. And by the way, if this is a mistake you always make. All right, well, we got to remove you. I'm sorry but that's business. I'm not angry about the choice, but it's a it's a professional solve.
Speaker 3: Have you apologized yet to Delaware State University.
Speaker 1: For what Sean Jackson said?
Speaker 2: You was sorry?
Speaker 1: Sewn Jackson said, oh sorry, Oh he's talk about when I said, uh.
Speaker 2: I forgot what he said. That's not a college.
Speaker 1: It's not a real college. A bunch of niggas, a bunch of it's a bunch of niggas on the camp. I mean, first of all, it is all right, but it's like smart people there too. We're talking about I used to go to Delaware State all the time. I'm performed there several times from Philadelphias right up the street. Delaware State knows. I have no ill will towards them. I love you guys, but it was a funny bit. A lot of niggas out there.
Speaker 5: You guys, you animated show out little Yes, talk about your.
Speaker 6: Life growing up?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: What made you want to do that animation style?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Crazy? This has been a this is like, this is a crazy development, man. This is I want to say, like seven to eight years in the making before we could actually do it properly. Shouts out to to Scott Mills over there at bt Man for understanding like my world of want and allowing me to do it the way I wanted to do it. You know, it's an a doubt animation, uh, And I wanted to like flip the story of the conversation attached to the hood, right, Like everybody talks about the hood from one point of view. You know, the hood is the hood, and people like the hood is fucked up, it's so bad.
Speaker 2: But what you niggas neighborhood?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, and I think that there's a there's a positive side to it. You know, there's a there's a role that everybody plays in the hood, especially when it comes to kids, families, Like everybody's part of the village. Everybody's raising everybody's child, everybody is aware, everybody's in the know. Everybody's trying their best to service and need a good and even bad shit is happening, you know, when people find out, there is an energy attached to trying to solve it and make it better. And this is a way of just flipping the conversation on the hood upside down. So it's about me, my upbringing being in the hood, but having such a high level of love for the hood, for my family and for all the people around it.
Speaker 2: And just Larius is in it keeping her away from breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Come on, just don't listen to that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't listen when people say, like I want to make something very clear, when people say like, yeah, thank you for giving people a job people earn them, like, I'm not giving thank you anything. I'm not out like, hey here, just here's a fucking gift. Like that's just that's her team, that's people working and saying, hey, this, it's a good thing to possibly put just up for process. I mean, you could say no, but when people are talented and earning things on their own, it's happening the way it's supposed to be. I'm not I'm not in the space of know of everything and I'm hand picking people and doing like that's what that would mean that I'm fucking I mean the time and the day to do that and do it and do it and do it. Then that means that the people around me aren't doing what the fuck they're supposed to do. So it's your job to like properly package and you know, put people in places to make these projects good and it's my job to see it. At the end stage, we're going, Wow, this is a great cast, these are great personnel, great roles. I like this. I like this configuration. But justice earning it definitely giving anything.
Speaker 4: And you know, you do take the time to pour into the next generation. You know, drewski was up here and Drewskie said that you gave him and Kis and not a bunch of movies to watch and told them to get you stud whatever your stupid ass is doing right now, watch these movies. Yeah, and prepare for the next level.
Speaker 1: That's uh, you know, I like, I like, I like what the younger generation is doing. It's crazy I'm saying that, like I'm I'm really am a part of like a time of old forty five. Well doesn't look it, you know. Uh that that that older generation of like how we approach the business, how we approach the craft right like, And I think it's dope as fuck to see this new generation navigate differently, like like the comedians of today did not go and you know work at it the same way that we did. Like they're they're breaking new ground, finding ways to be the personalities first and then get to the stage after and the way they're engaging with their audience and the way that the audience is responding to them. I think it's dope as fuck, So, you know, and being a fan of it, I feel like it's my job now to figure out ways to like grab this personnel when it where I can, and you know, try to push him forward with Kai and Drewski. Kai is such a monster man, Like I think people realize how big Kai's audience is.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: Kai's fan base is insane. Like you're talking about somebody that's talking in front of a computer for hours on end, and you know, he holds anywhere between three and fo hundred thousand people the eight to twelve hour periods that don't move. Like when we did those streams, you know, you're putting up Super Bowl like numbers. We had at one point, like nine hundred thousand people in a fucking stream watching for hours on end. So I told him, I said, look, man, I want to show you guys ways to like give your audience more and ways to do more. So I came up, like with some dope ass ideas concepts for us to rock in together, but stay true to the space of what they're doing. So Drewski, I know he came and he was like, telling you guys about the movie. I don't want to tell you'all what it is, but it's a big, big idea that we're working now. But I was like, to do it. You guys got to educate yourself on things in this space. So it wasn't homework. I was like, understand production, Understand how movies are made, Understand the look and feel, so that when we're talking and ide eating, you know what I'm talking about. Like I don't want to talk to you and you got to go backwards and track what we're talking about. So the homework quote unquote, the homework was more about get this concept and then like let's get to the table and let's make the shit funny. But I got them really like creating the shit and developing it and not because you know, it's a chore a task. It's like, I want you to be a part of the process so you can understand the process. And after you do this with me, go do it yourself. Go do it and figure out ways to you know, do it with the other people that you're around. But I think they're fucking talented I think Jewickey is a start. I think Juwickey's a funny fucking guy man. Naturally. I think they're fucking like natural talents, and in this it's like putting them in a position to be what they are and be the first to come over the bridge from that space of streaming whatever. Like what mister Beasts is doing is dope. This game show, big game show. He's taking everything and the idea of game prize. He he redefined it right, like, if you really watch it, what he's done. He redefined the concept of game game show. We've seen it for years on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and all these other shows, but it was a traditional there was a traditional win and here's your gift. He broke that model. I'm gonna give him some cats, some regular people, man, And he did a time at the time and time again, and then he built the big ass series and hey, man, fucking streaming platforms was like, hey, we gotta fuck with this guy. We're gonna give him X, Y, and Z to do it. We want you to do it with us. But he controls it, he owns it. So I'm showing them how to control, how to own and do bigger things so it doesn't cap out at the stream. Dreucy said, you actually set him up in that stream with that, with that, with that little kid, he said, he said, it was you. Actually, this is what that's that's what you did.
Speaker 2: You did start off, you started follow your leader.
Speaker 1: First of all, what you need to understand is where the cameras are at all times. What I said, the juice keeper was in his ear. I said something in his ear. Okay, nobody really knows what I said. He knows what I said. And then he took the liberty of going and you know, saying very harsh things. By the way, you know things. It shouldn't be walk right out like you. I mean, I don't want to be around that. I've seen a lot of people get in fights. I've seen what it's about to happen. I go, I shouldn't be here, right I shouldn't be here. They're about to start shooting. By the way, he's got the gun. I see it. I'm gonna leave right now. So I just exited the room because I think I think at the time, I had to go to the vathroom actually, and then a lot of stuff from what I was told happened from what I was told. The kids started crying and stuff like that, and I came back. I came back and I was like, what's going on? At that time, I'm the adult in the room trying to calm ship down, right, man, what's happening? And I think all the cameras caught me saying that, which is good for me legally, so I was never attached.
Speaker 4: Jukie said he felt like he could make those jokes because he's fat and y'all were teasing him all day about being fat or juicy.
Speaker 1: First of all, calling people fat is that's aggressive.
Speaker 2: When you saw the big thinking of you, I just want to.
Speaker 1: I just want to know what I'm saying. Juicy big a little bigger, right becase he had problems breathing when he walks up steps. Yeah, of course, But but you know that little kid, I think was on his way to a healthy lifestyle. You got to support that, right, the little kid because he was talking. I think the little kid was talking about exercising and stuff, which is good. And I'm always glad to just be on the positive side of conversation. That's what I'm about. You know, I'm a beacon of light Joy.
Speaker 5: Kevin that at the level of success that you are being an actor, do you still have to audition for roles.
Speaker 1: Or absolutely not?
Speaker 6: Okay, what are you talking, La Lawrence that he had said that he does min I.
Speaker 2: Think Martin said he had to he pitches, he still got.
Speaker 1: To pitch projects that, Yeah, that makes sense if he's pitching things. I mean, am I Am I really pitching things? I think I'm pitching ideas to my team. I'm more in the business of creating the things that I think best service my want in my my direction and the business. Like when you think about the dramas, you think about all the things that I've done as serious like that's been me so true story. I was like, I want to I want to kill somebody on camera. I think it'll be dope, and I want to found a guy that created Narcos and I was like, Yo, it'll be dope as fuck if we can collab and talk. But we developed it and then I was like, Okay, this is great, let's go and take this out Like that's developing it and then going to sell it. Fight night. You know that was me Will Packer, Will telling me you had the right and not saying, hey, to do it. This can be dope as fun, but let's do it this way and put the right people in it. So like the the creative side of from start to finish is where I'm playing at now. But like auditioning, I'm not really auditioning. I think people if they have a project, they're like, oh, Kevin would be good for this, And I'm getting those calls, hey, we want you to do and then I got a decision of if I want to do it or not.
Speaker 6: Like fans is the upside. That's still one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 5: You and Brian Kranston, they they already saw you for that role.
Speaker 1: He said, we want to do the remake. Uh, and we see you and Brian Cranston doing this. Are you interested? And absolutely, and Nicole Kipman I was like absolutely, hands down, But it's it's it's coming out and having an ask not to saying that I wouldn't audition you would. He would try to clean it up, trying to clean it up, anybody trying to cameras there. I just wanted to look in and make it just look like I'm willing to do right. I'm not. I just want to guys, if you understand what's.
Speaker 3: What's the last time you got booed? And the reason I asked because you said you do small shows.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting booted and nobody. I'm not getting booed at this point. Like if even if jokes aren't funny, you know, you're you're getting the you're getting the credibility laughs. At at least you're trying to minimum, you're trying things out. You don't care.
Speaker 6: You don't want a damn boo either, don't care.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I have no there is no care for like the level of laughter when I'm trying to figure ship out now, but I think I've got it all done and I'm like, oh, this set is complete. I'm going out and I'm struggling. Okay, And that's that's a little self esteem bruising if that's the case. But that's not. That hasn't been the case ever. Like when you when you work the ship and you done worked on the craft and I'm like, Okay, I got it, I got it down. This is my set. No, you're not. You're not running into them problems. Now do you get an occasional person that you got to deal with in the crowd. Yeah, but that stuff isn't booing. That's like you know, atmosphere that's heckling or somebody yelling out and looking for a moment. Every once a while, you got to show that you still got that and you know, you put people in a place comedically and then you move on with the set.
Speaker 2: But booing, Now, what about like social media?
Speaker 4: Backlund because everybody, for whatever reason was highly upset when you hosted a NBA All Star Weekend. There was a a section of the internet that was acting like they were you know, you know.
Speaker 1: What what do you what do you? What energy do you give that I'm a partner to the NBA, Like, understand what that means. I'm not I'm not coming on to be Kevin Hart and have funny moments to the NBA. The NBA has been a servicing aid to my career for over fifteen years. Like you go back and you'll look at how much I've been on NBA T and T and All Star Weekend, celebrity weekends, all these events like this you're not looking at. It's it's almost host adjacent, right, Like the personalities that we lean on because we're familiar with family and we know how they work. That's what that is. So the All Star I'm not going to the All Star Game to trying to create a big moment for me. I'm there because the energy of the All Star Game comes with Chuck, Ernie Kenney, myself, Shack like we've been doing this for years, Like just talking and playing with one another, bantering on camera. That's not an easy thing to do. They make it look fucking easy. They make it look great. That's not an easy.
Speaker 6: Thing between you and shit, yeah, that's very easy.
Speaker 1: That's not fucking an easy thing to do. Like that chemistry, that rapport. It comes from like having a real understanding for how TV works. So you can't just throw new things in there because it gets weird. People don't understand the times, peoplen't understand the cuts, how much time you gotta go cut back to the game. They're trying to do so much new shit, they're trying to discover it. So why they're trying to figure it out. Here's personality that we can lean on, so at least we don't have dead space or dull moments on camera. That's that's what that is. So when you understand the tech, the coalnity behind it. Then you you understand my involvement. I don't. I don't feed into the other ship like I know why I'm there, partnership.
Speaker 4: Do you ever tell Shack to like really back up off you could he be kind of sexually assaulting you in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Come on. Only one time with Shack has done some crazy ship where I was uncomfortable was Real Husbands when that whole thing that's on the internet that they that wasn't I wasn't scripted. It was a moment, but honestly, be real, I couldn't do nothing about it. Yeah, they gotta cut. This is you know before just before I put a little size on not to say I could do something to shock, but I didn't. You know, it was a very frail version of me. And you know it was this is when Shaq was like when they were like just talking about Shaq being a cop and he really was a cop. To be funny as fuck, Shack pulled me over on Real Husbands of Hollywood and you know, like Shack is like basically about the arrestment and he fucking you know, everybody can't improv the you don't even have to say this we're not even to discussing people.
Speaker 2: Who haven't seen it. A great show. You should. It's a great show, but it's not online.
Speaker 1: But we're not gonna do is make it scene like something. So but what he did was he grabbed me when I got out the car and he just tried to get a little physical right. It was like you down. But it's like like everybody doesn't improve the same comedy. Comedy is an art. Like you ever see comedians when they try to like improvate, some of them go too far or they don't know when to stop, like, hey man, we got it in the scene, like you can't go over there like oh yeah, well your mama And you're like, well, you can't break up moms because we don't know who our moms are in the scene.
Speaker 4: It's like I just googled it and it says hashtag calls of the week.
Speaker 2: Hey yo, nah shock you straighted by lady Kevin Hart. You literally took that man in the pound town.
Speaker 1: This is this is what you're doing. That's actually that's actually nuts. That's nuts. That's what he He grabbed me. He grabbed me, throws me over the over the carr and he and he he starts humping me. So I'm like, I remember around face and you're gonna tell you how let me tell you what I can tell charlat Mayne, and Charlamayne is perfect like that is a nasty man like that in this brief time, I just found out a lot about him. By the way he starts describing stuff. You're very graphic, nasty man. I just told you, just describing with you. He grabbed me and he fucking like throws me over the car. He's like, you don't know what. He starts humping me. I remember Ralph that rest of the episode, right. I remember Ralph was directed episode. I remember I looked at Ralph. I'm like, hey, did y'all did joab is it pages? Something happened? And they was like, uh, they were like all right, Uh nobody wanted to say ship to Shack. They're like, all right, we got it. So let's just move on. We just we just moved on talking about that, trying.
Speaker 2: To get you again off weekend.
Speaker 1: Just shut up?
Speaker 2: Did you get triggered a little bit? I saw you. He was creeping up.
Speaker 1: That's a very I'm older and I'm in a much more controlling state in my in my life where you know I would say something to you know, don't do that. You know he got to stop it right, like a firm stop that right. But in that moment, that was shock trying to be funny. That's my that's my nigga. I have so much love.
Speaker 4: Do people know the role or just generation? Do they know the pivotal roll shock play in your career.
Speaker 1: The pivotal road And I don't think people do know the pivot? What is the pivotal role? Sounds crazy?
Speaker 2: I'm being serious.
Speaker 4: We don't know when he when he had the shock comedy All Start Weekend, Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's referring to like the special that actually launched. I would say, like the the bigger side of success to my comedy career, no bullshit is Shacks All Star Comedy Jail. That was a phenix you know what crazy thing. I did it as a favor. It was a favor Like I was like, oh man, I can't really do shit. I'm about to drop my special, so I don't really want to like go and do this. It was like, no, Kevin, come on, like we need a headline that we want you to come to be quick. And it was like just a gig an All Star weekend, you know, like we're on to tape it, and I was like, all right, I'm gonna put like a different fifteen minutes on this man. And I don't really you know, I'm not really pressed to. I'm not really pressed about it like that. So I'll give you all this fifteen and I'll save the other shit for my special. So it's like a toss away set. It was a toss away fifteen minutes set, like a backlog set. I was like, I get all this and shit ended up being the biggest. So shouts out to the big dummy himself.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to number one on the call sheet because Sterling K. Brown did an interview with He said that people wanted to put him number one in the call sheets, but he was superstitious about it because he'd been successful enough not being number one, so he was okay with being number two.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't mind that, you know what I mean, as somebody that's been there. When when you're there and you've you've experienced whatever the conversation attached to it is, it's not the same level of important, right, like it's it's not important, like I was joking about earlier about the idea of number one of culture, but it's not that important to me. I don't. I don't give a fuck. I don't. I don't care about top billing. I don't need my name to be first. I don't need my name to be the biggest when they first put the movie or the TV show out, Like, if that's more important to you, I'm like, all right, let them get it. I don't. I don't really, I don't really give a fuck, and not in a dismissive way. But if that's what you need to make you feel better, to make you feel like a valuable piece to the puzzle of this project, absolutely give it to them. Like I can. I can take those back steps because you've been there, Like it's like the idea of start them, it's not it doesn't thrive or I'm not thriving in the space of being a star, like you've you've been there. I could give a fuck. Like you condemn the light as much as you want, I don't. It doesn't matter. Yeah, it's like you, you don't, it doesn't. It's not driving my reason to get up in do so I think what Sterling is referring to, it's saying like, look, man, I don't really like that I've done it. It's better for me to do this. Let somebody else deal with all the headache of vat that's what he's doing and shouts out to them too. Man, the show is incredible right now.
Speaker 2: So when you in the rock do a movie, who's number one on the coature?
Speaker 1: I let him get it? But he's DJ's an asshole. Yeah, he's an ass Let him get it.
Speaker 2: I'm joking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, DJ, by the way, he trumps me every time. What do you mean, it's not even conversation. I don't even bring it up.
Speaker 2: You number one on this right because the box office numbers, like, how do they?
Speaker 1: I think he deserves to be number one when we do the project. He's an international superstar. Not to say that I don't have international success, but I don't think that we're equal in that regard. I think that his movies have performed and done crazy business internationally. Uh, and when we do the projects that we want to appeal to the world, you should be first. I'm coming in and I'm on that train with you. I'm adding value to it, But I'm not bumped by you being first. We put an amazing cast together to help us get those audiences when we do. But I don't. I don't feel any type way about that. I think he deserves it and he should have it.
Speaker 4: Congratulations too, man, you got is announced that you're working with the Indiana Paces.
Speaker 1: Now I'm beat working with the Pacers.
Speaker 2: Heart Heartbeat entertainment, heartbeat. Is it working with the Paces?
Speaker 1: Yes, heart beat it.
Speaker 4: To be the official cultural curator to provide entertainment and live experiences for fans in the Indianapolis CAUs.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, what.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: What does the seventy six about?
Speaker 2: We're speeding with the question. First of all, what does that look like?
Speaker 1: It's an opportunity for our company, right like you're. Our company is a creative engine for any resource that allows us to be right like we are a business. So our business thrives when we can implement ourselves in places to create or elevate a brand, a company, an entity and activation, whether it be live entertainment, storytelling, etc. Indiana with the Pacers and the Fever have an attraction coming. I think they have an all star coming up. But it's more about they're like, look, we're looking for ways to expand and elevate what we've done. They spent a lot of money on a new facility. They have a team that's thriving, a younger team the Fever or thriving with star power, etc. So they're like, how do we elevate? How can we better tell our story? And I'm like, that's what we do, you know, and me having relationships with you know, the owner of the team and presidents of the teams or cmos that are a part of those entities, It's like, look, that's what we do. We tell stories very well. So to market, promote and better define that for you, that's our business. Let us show you how we can make that business a service to you. And they gave an opportunity and I was like, dope, let our company do it. So it's not a Kevin Hart thing, like everybody assumes that Kevin Hart is the driving factor or the source. It's the entity. The entity has to do things outside of me, our entity to fucking thrive. Like that's a fact. So whether it's the fucking Pacers, I got business with the Falcons, I got business with the Eagles, the Giants, that's one that I don't know if I would touch because they don't know good stuff. They may let me go, but it's it's it's how many of those can I do? Step and repeat? So the Pacers will use as an example once we do it well, and from that example, I'll go to other fucking NBA teams or the NBA in general, Like I'm looking to be a better partner for the NBA. How do we better tell stories for your brand? How do we better promote and market you? How can we amplify or activate differently? Like these are words in the business that companies desperately want to hear from potential party.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting question because what you about to say about the.
Speaker 3: Sixers not just saying how did the seventy sixers feel like that? Because you are such a seventy six's fan, I feel like they might look at it like why you over there and mess with them?
Speaker 2: You hear this is home because it's heart Beat the company and Kevin Hart the individual.
Speaker 1: I promise you that they wouldn't even blink an eye because they understand business. Kevin Hard is still a seventy sixers fan. His company, Heartbeat, is doing a service for another company. Hey, keV you think you could do this for us too? Would your company be interested in doing this? Absolutely, guys, this is not anything Kevin is specific. I'm still going to Sixers games. I still sit courtside trash right now. I mean, right now, we're not We're not in the best position. But I'm still a fan. I'm I'm an Eagles fan. But if there's business that can be done for another NFL entity that wants to tell stories, well we're gonna tell those stories for the entity. That doesn't mean that our brand can't do that. It's a company, you know. I know that you guys were talking to Mic about it. You're like, yo, is that crazy? Like this isn't Kevin Hart. I'm not. I'm not going to the to the Pacers and man, it's time for me to check narrative. Oh, this is what my company does. Is that simple, well, heartbeat call Mike Epps to do absolutely like we By the way, if you here's here's an example, right if All Star weekend is coming up there and we're like, okay, hey, we have ideas to service a bigger like a bigger process that people can probably gravitate towards a little different from what they've done in the past. Here's how we're gonna make the All Star weekend in Indiana when the women are playing. Here's how we can make it different. Here's what we can bring to the table, women round tables, a women, cold as balls, et cetera. Is there a comedy activation women forwarded? Does Mike want to bring and be responsible for comedy from Indian Absolutely? Like that's when you tap in. All you are is the servicing hub. We're the hub. Now it's our job to go and grab everybody to make this thing underneath the hub better. It's not you desperately need that. So in this case, hell yeah, Mike. Come on, Mike. By the way, this is your city. What's dope about the city that we can do with you? What do you want to do? How do we help you? Like, that's that's partnership. But if the thought triggers you at first, what this is my saying, well, then you don't even you don't even get to the next stage of opportunity. The opportunity comes from understanding the idea, Oh oh do I can't I can do something? Oh bet? And I want to do this too? Absolutely. Here, here's how we're gonna do it. Like that's that's business. That's how business is done. That's how you get to the place of success.
Speaker 5: So there just hasn't been an opportunity for Heartbeat to call Mike yet.
Speaker 1: No, just we literally just have We just did the deal, gotcha. And now that we are doing the deal, well, now you got to tap in to the culture of the city. You had to tap into popular names and faces from the city. You got to tap into the athletes that are the stars in the city. Now you go and you say, guys, here's what we're thinking of. Here's how we make this special. But here's how we do it with you. Is this a collaborative thing that makes sense for you? Dope? Okay? If so, great, If not, well what does cool? Okay, we like that. All right, let's bill, let's.
Speaker 2: Expand he's gonna call you to do something.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean me and Mike's relationship now we're we're ten times. But it took a long time to get to where we are now. But I'm I'm happy at the road of like dumb shit because it got us to a place of real grown man shit. And you know, it's it's not We're not We're not doing the dumb like tweets and shit, no more like Mike call me, I'm calling you and we we talked, so you know when that did, Mike was the first one we got on the phone. We had a conversation, and me and Mike are are very much on the same page. And I think, you know, a lot of the disconnect's from assumption and and that's what that's the realization that came about. But I have no it will no be towards anybody, damn sure, not Mike. And you know, right now, the priority between me and Mike are figuring out the thing that we're going to do together. And you know, I told Mike like it's a it's a real thing, Like we haven't done it because of this disconnecting our relationship. We've never been on screen together. We did Real Husbands together in the beginning. Mike did an episode and that's the only time when we've ever jousted it on camera. And I was like, at this point in our career, like we're we're not fucking nobody but ourselves, So you know, how do we make it work? And he's like, yeah, keV, like how do we make it work, And it's a it's a mutual understanding. And I think now having that as a priority, his fans will be happy. My fans, I think will be happy, and I think it'd be dope for the culture when we do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where is that version of hallm Nights for this era?
Speaker 1: It's hard, it's hard to happen because the idea of it being just one is what people can't let go of, which mean like that doesn't have to be this one star.
Speaker 3: But Harll of Knights wasn't just one star.
Speaker 1: That's why I worked, That's why I worked. Richard didn't give a fuck about Eddie. Eddie didn't give a fuck about Richard, right, like the two biggest fucking comedians you know, minus the bullshit. The only person that was missing that should have been in that, you know, Cosby in some degree right a showing of him. But they had Red Fox, Robert fucking Harris. Like if you go on, you look at the names, you know, fucking Dela Rees like you you look at the names and the people in Harlem Knights. You looked at a fucking conglomerate cast of hard hitting comics of color. We don't have that to date. The attempts to do it. Shouts out to Chris rock Top five. Yeah, putting comics in. Whether you are a fan of the movie or not, the attempt was I want to see I want to see comics of color share the screen together, and I want to get down. Tracy Leslie like I want to get down. Let's let's go back and forth. Let's do some ship Death of the Funeral. Chris attempted to put comics together. There's not a lot of the damn.
Speaker 2: I would say life to a certain extent.
Speaker 1: Life is dope. But you had Eddie and you had Martine Guy Tory, and you know, we didn't we didn't have like a woman a woman figure in life. But I think, like you've seen the attempt, but there is no like, there is no initiative where it's like, Okay, look, we're all gonna fucking share the same level of pay. We're all going to play on the back end. This is how I would approach it. Everybody's gonna win on the back end. Okay, let's remove money from the idea. This isn't about who's getting the money or who's doing what. It's about the project. So we're gonna do our best in this project to put people position to win. Winning mean memorable moments, that's funny, et cetera. But to do it right, everybody's not gonna be on the same page like you kind of. You gotta have an understanding of who has to carry the weight here for the people here to fucking get in and get down. When you can have that conversation and people are okay with it, all right, it's great, but that conversation can never be had because people are bumped out the gate. I ain't work with him, I ain't work with her. I ain't doing mother fuck that they got me like, I ain't. I ain't the funny. I'm like you, you can't even get to the fucking second page.
Speaker 5: And even when it comes to like the younger comics, man, it's been a few of uh like like DC young Fly has countless scripts that he has and he's trying to get all of us like in this generation, but egos and and I wish she gonna be getting and who's gonna be the main character?
Speaker 6: I ain't working with her or how he you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So the problem with the with the younger generation of comics. Man, I made money so fast, good money, yeah, like not like not little money. They made money so fast. So it's definitely the idea of doing that for that fuck that I do it. I'm over here again. It's like the identity come here. I mean, just just made money, still making money, right, Like, just understands that road money. That road money is a different type of money. These comics or new comics influencers turn com I'm making real money. So until you get to a point where you understand the money isn't going to drive your next stage of success. If your next stage of success or want for success is attached to IP projects, whatever, you cannot do it by yourself. You need the helping aid of other talent. I don't give a fuck who you are. I'm saying this as a pounds a pound conglomerate in the business, respectfully and humbly, a conglomerate. I stacked the deck. I'm not looking to fucking be on screen and be the only personals. I stack the fucking deck winning where I can, by the way, and I'm very I'm very thankful to the other names that are willing to come and work with me and do things with me. I was excited. Samuel L. Jackson is doing Thank you God, sam Don Chittle, Oh thank you, Taraji, Oh thank you, Terrence, thank you Like I'm I'm thankful. You cannot be the only one into that younger generation. My message to so many funny like I can go down the list, DC young Fly, he just mentioned Country, Wayne does he Banks, fucking Drew Ski, Coss not just you got pretty v you gotta be small. You got all of these fucking Carlos, Ryan Davis right here eighty five thought all those guys, you got all these fucking great new emerging pieces of talent. Want to tell you right now, talent caps out where it is when what you do is all you think you should do. In other words, like if I'm just doing stand up comedy and then doing stand up comedy, I do the theaters and the arenas, Okay, I can't do that every year, and that's it. It will flatline, it will die down at some point, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but at some point it will digress. So if you don't offload, and you don't figure out I'm tapping into this, and I'm tapping into this, I'm tapping into that this thing there's one source of energy that you have, it'll get a little dim. That light ain't gonna fucking flicker the same. So if they don't tap into each other and figure out the way to make each other a valuable resource and asset, it will tap out. We're assets to one another, Like say what you want man, the rock or assets to one another? Man, dj Ain and I we will get on the phone. Were talking now, Hey man, it's harm of for us to do something. You gotta figure out the next thing. What you're thinking. I don't know is that Jumiji three is another part what you're thinking. I don't know what you're thinking. Let's talk. Let's figure it out. Hey man, you know who I want to work with? Who I haven't worked with? Man, Men, interest, I gotta get down with I' yet to do something. I'm tapping into other energy. I don't want to be the only source of energy. That's the only way that you continue to move forward. Writers, producers, I want to work with you, man, you're doing amazing things. You're an amazing writer. How do I work with you? Ki? You're doing amazing shit in the streaming space? Man, I got some shit to show you I'm gonna work with you like you. You gotta tap in. That's what people are afraid to do, and they're afraid to do it, especially in our culture because we feel like there can only be one right.
Speaker 4: That's some good as advice too, though, because you know that is the toughest thing trying to convince this this generation that there is another level and what you're doing does have an expiration d If you don't diversify your portfolio.
Speaker 1: It's building correctly. And by the way, don't have to do it all in one day.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm almost thirty years strong in this fucking business. Don't You don't have to do it all in one day. The discovery is exciting when you start to figure it out and you start to see the things that you're changing or things that you're driving towards work. That's the exciting part. And the exciting part is that you're like, oh shit, I actually can't do the shit that I'm thinking about, Like, oh fuck damn. I started off doing these videos and now the videos have turned into a business, but now the business has turned into a touring job. Now my radio job fucking all sets promotes the fucking touring. By the way, my businesses are connecting. The dots are connecting. Say what you want. You can hate me or you can love me. I connect dots. I connect dots very well. Every piece of this machine somehow connects in some way, in some shape, in some form. So at the end of the day, if this piece dies, well you can't kill this one. If this one dies and this one dies, well I got this one. If these three die, well, they don't know I got these. The dots are important, man, and that younger mindset in this business today is a cash driven mind. The money will come. I'm telling you, the money will come. The ideas don't have relationships, and partnerships don't. That's the difference.
Speaker 3: Ken, gotta go to guys, heart man, appreciate I do. Got one last question, kept, Do you have a sign like you know because people interview you all the time, right, and it gotta get to a point where you be like, I'm tired, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: Do you have.
Speaker 1: Scratch your head twice and you pick and I just be like, that's it, wrapping up.
Speaker 2: We've been here.
Speaker 1: I think we did. We got everything, We touched everything. Little keV dropping I'm excited about it. Adult Animation BT plus ones getting shots out to BT. Shouts out to my amazing team and heartbeat Man. Shouts out to Mike Stein, Tiffany Brown who works so hard. Shout out to Malcolm. Oh god, I just dropped the name of my other right, I'm so sorry. On our development side who helped get this. Shout out to Wanda, Uh, Dione Cole, Uh, so many other names, Yes, so many.
Speaker 3: Your name Johnson, increased more neighbors.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's so many people, uh that are part of this project that have made it what it is today. And once again, this is a passion project. Man. This is uh, this is a piece of I p that I worked on for a long time and to have it finally come to light as dope as fuck, it's funny as fuck. Uh, it's raw, it's edgy, you know, and it's a it's a it's a true testament to my mom and dad who aren't here. So r I p to the hearts upstairs and maybe down you know my dad. They say he could be I don't know. I don't know, so uh, you know, just in the middle my dad. Shout out to Pops, whoever you are. Yeah, I don't know what side uh this is.
Speaker 2: You don't want to feel.
Speaker 1: I don't want to assume. I don't want assume. I don't say if if God ever closed the door, my dad might have been on the outside.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But it's a testament to them, So I can't with you guys, enjoy BT plus watch it, lock it in, not one of them, call sheep, shout out the fox, lock it in?
Speaker 2: Uh, and you're at Radio City Music all weekend, tonight.
Speaker 1: Friday, and sundayday and last for not least, Man, I want to give a big shout out to my guys before I go. You know, I've talked about the younger generation. I've talked about you know, energy and servicing energy. I want to talk about my energy source for the reason and or just for quick moment plast the couple boys. Man. Shout out to Naim, Shout out to Spank, shout out to Joey Wells. Uh. You know, I'm excited about comedy still because my guys still make me work, Uh, Naim, pound for pound, Nameland, the funniest motherfucker's on the planet. Uh, constantly creating, constant developing new materials, spank one of the funniest people in the planet, Joey, uh build me for years when of the funniest people on the planet shouts out to those guys for making me stay as sharp as I am by being as sharp as they are.
Speaker 4: Now anybody here is iron Governors. Governor Gretchen with My Loved Name wrote about Naim in her book. Man talks about how when she gives speeches, she quotes naimesh shop week motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You know listen, let me tell you some about name. Name is the most emotional comic. So we talked about like comments and like that Name used to go to Ticketmaster and he would read like the comments, like he would read them all. So he coming like the dressing room after the show. He'd be like, did you see what they said about me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What they say this is bullshit? Like now why are you reading that? I just go on it. But it's once you win it, you win it. Like he would really like he would go back and forth with people like what then you talk about obviously you got there late, Like he was like, he would go back and forth with people, Yes, we'll take a baster. He would go to people that had like bad things to say.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm done. It's the Breakfast Club. It's Kevin. Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.