Speaker 1: It is wild.
Speaker 2: Is February already? Hey, welcome you're a brand new episode of your Second Day podcast with Brookley Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: I know, right, dude.
Speaker 2: I always feel like January is eight hundred and twenty two days and then once you hit February, you wake up and it's November.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 5: Crazy?
Speaker 2: But we got a new episode to get you through it, A new awkward Tuesday phone call today, and we always love to start with your comments.
Speaker 6: Yes, Cora said, I used to listen to you guys on the radio when i'd go to work with my dad six to eight years ago. We lived in Idaho at the time, and I just started to again after finding you guys on TikTok and I bet you for maybe seven months?
Speaker 7: Do that so old?
Speaker 4: Did you get a new job? Were you eight years without a job? Yeah? No, your resume? I want to see her dad got lost?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah the drive one morning? Hey, thanks for being here, Yeah, thanks for finding us. A brand new episode just for you starts right now.
Speaker 4: Did you know actress Charlie's The On was discovered randomly by a Hollywood agent who witnessed her arguing with a tell her what whoa true story.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Also, Pam Anderson, she got spotted on a hockey game jumbo tron. Yeah, yeah, that's how she was found. And Timothy Shallomey was discovered when a director mistook him for a coat rack and pumped him into a scene and they were like, oh wait, he's a human and he can act and the hottest in Hollywood somehow. I know, just in one instant, everything changed for all these people. And one of our listeners says, that's now happening to him because he walked into a bakery one morning as just a normal nobody, and now thousands of strangers know his name and it has created a very weird issue that only we can help him with. You're gonna hear it in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Next, It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. They say life can change in the blink of an eye. That's true, But for one of our listeners, it only took seventy two hours for his life to be completely turned upside down. Oh his name is Zemy with a Z and a lot of times if I set up a segment the way that I just said, Uh, huh. You would think, Oh, no, terrible things must have happened. Now is life turned totally around?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When you say upside down, the down part is usually the bad part.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, assume he's doing good, but it's actually the exact opposite. It's been a wonderful past seventy two hours. Turn outside up whatever it is. Okay, turning has happened, and apparently it's come to the point where Zemi needs our help. And that's what we do right here on the Awkward Tuesday. So Zemi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, hi, hi, Well you do sound like a happy man, Zemy. I try Okay, I can't wait to hear about the last seventy two hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's happened? How did your life change?
Speaker 8: So? I was at a bakery recently.
Speaker 1: I was waiting line to get these really h popular bootsko that they make.
Speaker 3: Please tell me, like a muffin turns your life around?
Speaker 8: Yeah, They're really great.
Speaker 1: They really went viral, and that's what this whole thing is about.
Speaker 8: So I'm staying in line right and there's this girl behind.
Speaker 5: Me, and she asked me, Hey, can you move over.
Speaker 8: So I can get a video of the food.
Speaker 2: Case, okay, a video film the food, I'd be worried that she was just using it as a ruse to take my spot in line.
Speaker 4: She got that all the way to the very friend, the only one.
Speaker 1: She's so nice.
Speaker 6: She's bringing home food for somebody.
Speaker 3: Taking pictures like, hey, what do you guys want?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Okay, what did you do?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: She says, hey, how many are you going to buy? Because he doesn't want them to run out? Oh okay, I tell her I'm going to buy all of them. She can buy one of them off of me for triple the price.
Speaker 4: Whoa, Okay, this is a joke, Like you're flirting in a joking way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm an entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, unless she would offer me a lot of money, but that's good.
Speaker 4: Crack a joke what she said?
Speaker 1: She laughed and says rude. And then we became like instant friends right there as we were waiting. Her name is Addison, and then she asked me, hey, will you see in my video and try a scone with me?
Speaker 8: I'm an influencer O. I was like, sure, okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, I probably didn't expect to do it, but why not? Cool?
Speaker 1: We tasted them together, you know, as she's recording us and we raided them. Yeah, after the video was over, I realized I wanted to hang out more with her, and then we ended up going out for drinks. Okay, amazing. And again she's like filming all the things we do.
Speaker 8: Wherever we go.
Speaker 4: She's influence. She expect that.
Speaker 2: He's kind of annoying though, but on a date, You're like, yea, you know there's a difference between work and personal.
Speaker 4: How did you feel about it?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, you know, she's cute, so.
Speaker 4: If you want to film me, I guess you have my consent.
Speaker 8: Okay, here's kind of the weird part.
Speaker 1: I go to youse the restroom and I'm in the stall and I start to search on.
Speaker 8: My phone for her. Yeah, and I find her Instagram Okay, and she does have a ton of followers.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's legit.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah. And the last couple videos are of me.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, she's been killing me, both of you.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean video of us at the bakery and the caption is cute guy found in the wild.
Speaker 4: Okay, awesome, what a win for you.
Speaker 1: And then there's another video was like, oh, my god, he kissed me?
Speaker 4: What you kissed her?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're kissed? Well yeah, okay, I mean these are I mean, these are all good things. That sounds like she's saying, but why are you saying them so hesitantly?
Speaker 1: It was just so weird to see my love life, Yeah, real time on social media.
Speaker 2: Don't date anyone on this show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not used to this, and so there's a lot of engagement, Like you know, they're all like, oh, I think you found the wallows.
Speaker 1: But the weird thing was some of my friends start messaging me and sending me links like have you seen this?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it just happened a couple of days ago. And I haven't talked to her about this. I mean, I'm okay with her posting some videos of us.
Speaker 1: The issue I do have is I'm not cool with her using my actual name, Like I have a hern unique.
Speaker 4: Name Sammy with a Z. Don't know a lot of those. Okay, So you're okay with your face and stuff being in the videos, just not actually saying who you are as a full name.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I enjoy hanging out with her, obviously, and I'm happy to help her make some videos, but I don't want my personal stuff being sat there and strangers looking me up and finding me.
Speaker 6: Okay, that makes sense because people can DM you and harass you and stuff if they have your user name, and if you enough dumping her, you're going to be the villain. Yeah, you know, people online do weird stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so I see you're uncomfortable. We're going to come back and we'll give you our advice on how to make this awkward Tuesday phone call to an influencer you met days ago and tell her, Hey, here's how I think you should run your account.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, maybe we'll word it a little bit differently.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll find the nicer way to say that with your awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. What a fun past seventy two hours it's been for our listener's Zemi, who randomly met a social media influencer at a bakery while he was getting some trendy new pastry that they're selling, found out her name's Addison, and also discovered that he's the new star of her Instagram account.
Speaker 2: They even shared a kiss they.
Speaker 4: Did possibly on camera, and He hasn't talked to her about it yet, but he knows that she's posting all about him, and there's been references to maybe he's the one. Her followers are going crazy and.
Speaker 2: Mcconments and say that the comment, but she did not disagree with it. Dislike comment.
Speaker 3: Comments, you're not going to go.
Speaker 5: Through every one.
Speaker 4: Still, it puts Zemi in a very awkward situation where he's clearly overwhelmed, but he's trying to be cool about it and says, you know what, I think I can handle that. It's just that she's using his actual name, and he's a que name, very unique, so it wouldn't be hard for a stranger to find it him and for things to get really weird.
Speaker 3: I mean his friends found him.
Speaker 4: Yes, it just slopped in their algorithms. So there's the issue. He wants to tell Addison, Hey, I found your social media and please don't use my name anymore. Okay, Now we need some advice for how he can do this, Brooke, what do you.
Speaker 2: Think very easy? You need to spin it as a positive. Okay. Mean, so like in the radio world, like nicknames are big, right, there's cabbage patch or there's Cabanda boy. Yeah, yeah, so you need to know and tell her for branding. It would be way better if you were just known as Scone Boy.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what I mean? What do you think of that Scone boy?
Speaker 8: That's not a bad idea nickname?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it as a potential nickname, even for this segment. There you go, Jeff do the awkward Tuesday Scone Boy call.
Speaker 2: It's not working.
Speaker 4: What you say? You've been.
Speaker 1: Brook?
Speaker 4: You know what, I changed my mind. That was a terrible idea. I can't believe suggest that. I'm sorry, zem. Hopefully we get you some the better from Jose. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like I'm a little bit connected with Brooke. Right, we're gonna speak directly to what she wants, so she can't say no.
Speaker 8: There we go.
Speaker 3: If she wants to double her followers, she needs to turn you into the mystery man. Oh so she posts about you, right, but she blurs your face, never says your name.
Speaker 4: People will eat that up. Dude, Zemy, what do you think?
Speaker 8: It's kind of too late.
Speaker 6: For that, but yeah, delete it.
Speaker 4: You can ever delete the first video. No one's gonna remember that and start wearing a bag over your head whenever you hang out. So we're make up a story.
Speaker 3: Mystery man beat up Zemmy. Zemy's no longer in my life.
Speaker 4: Oh now it's it's.
Speaker 9: By mystery Man.
Speaker 4: Look look at all that content you just provided. Were killing see Zemy. This is why we're rated number one, questionably weird advice, why she has more followers than all of it's checking out? Does any of this feel helpful to you?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 4: All right, I'll take that better than no. That's a big thumbs up from us. So I'm just gonna dial Addison's number and I'll let you make your awkward call. We're here to support you if you need it.
Speaker 8: Okay, good luck, Okay, thank you guy.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 9: Clute.
Speaker 8: Hey you Hi, it's so baby?
Speaker 9: Oh Hi, sorry, hide and recognize the number.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm a calling from my work phone. I gotta work.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they can't hang out with you every day.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll bet you know you want to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 9: So what's up?
Speaker 1: So remember when we met at the bakery. I mean it's only three days ago, so I'm sure you remember. Yeah, Well, you wanted you wanted.
Speaker 8: Me to be in a video for Social Medio with you.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: I think you were really cute. Like a lot of people love that. You know, you've got a lot of traction.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, so yeah, funny thing.
Speaker 8: I found your account and videos of us, and I saw the comments and the caption you.
Speaker 9: Did, and oh my god, oh gosh, I'm so embarrassed. Is it too much like school? I mean it's probably a lot. I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, honestly, it's it's fine. It really it really doesn't bother me that much.
Speaker 9: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Really yeah. Yeah, but well, there there is one thing I would like to ask, though, what's that? I'm really rather that you don't use my actual name. Uh wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 10: Like maybe you could, you know, give me a different name, or or like a nickname like a stone boy or something, or or or even just like maybe use my first initial maybe.
Speaker 9: Okay, sorry, that's definitely not your decision.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you What do you mean? It's not my decision. It's it's it's my name. That's that's my life you're putting out there.
Speaker 9: Okay, So my social media is everything. It is huge, like people are following along and I've already said your name, Like, it's not like I can take that back, like you just have to deal with it.
Speaker 1: What are you really seriously you wouldn't say that to somebody you really like to care about, right, I mean, why would you say that?
Speaker 9: I mean I did like you until this conversation. I mean, you're telling me what to do with my creative content.
Speaker 8: You know what, I don't. I don't want to do this then.
Speaker 1: You know I was fine with the videos, with the privacy thing, you know, putting my name out there. If you can't respect that, then I don't know if I want to I'm out.
Speaker 8: I don't and that's a deal breaker.
Speaker 9: Addison, Okay, I I guess I'm just gonna have to post an update.
Speaker 8: What does that mean?
Speaker 9: I think my followers are just going to be really disappointed. They're going to be super angry that you're.
Speaker 10: Exter what what?
Speaker 7: What are you?
Speaker 8: What are you talking about? I'm not a either.
Speaker 9: What we read, That's what I'm gonna do. My next post is just gonna that I found out you were cheating on me and I'm going to use your name.
Speaker 2: WHOA Wow?
Speaker 3: This is mess?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How did we make it worse?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I mean, what what do you what who is.
Speaker 9: Talking right now.
Speaker 4: These people are a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, kind of like.
Speaker 2: The Ogs of Influencers Radio.
Speaker 9: You know, wait, was this on the radio? This whole thing.
Speaker 4: It is currently you're on the show right now on a segment called the Awkward Tuesday Phone Call. Yes you're a.
Speaker 9: Star, seriously, Sammy, Yeah, thank.
Speaker 5: God I did call to the radio because you're gonna set me up.
Speaker 8: You're gonna say something I didn't do. Call me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't let you use my name in your videos.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is so different than what you were doing to me.
Speaker 9: I'm just like, what is the point of this? What is you?
Speaker 2: He was going to ask it robal question, which was just hey, don't use my name anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he needed a little help, a little bit of support from us because he felt overwhelmed because he's not used to that realm that you're in the whole influencer world.
Speaker 2: We thought it'd be like a fun conversation about scone boy.
Speaker 9: All right, this is not this is not okay. You absolutely do not have my permission to air this.
Speaker 4: We don't even know.
Speaker 3: Your last name, Like, okay.
Speaker 9: You can't you can't use my first name. Why didn't you You're going to destroy my social media presence?
Speaker 8: Absolutely not, if you guys believe this, I mean, you got her, you caught her.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, her fake What.
Speaker 2: That sucks though, Like you could actually destroy his life by doing stuff like that. You know, people are so cruel online.
Speaker 9: I was just kidding.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna Okay, she's a prank incident.
Speaker 4: It's probably better at those than we are too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing that now she knows she's on the radio and other people are listening.
Speaker 4: That was a deep joke, Addison. We got to take note.
Speaker 9: I mean, it just proves I'm funnier than you guys.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, it's a low bar across that before we called you. All right, So I feel like we need to go back to the whole point that we made this phone call was to ask you, in the politest way possible, Addison, if you would consider not using Zemmi's actual real name on your Instagram.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it doesn't matter anymore, Like I'm not going to see them, We'll just be friends.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't need to be friends sake.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, mean that people just say it Okay, they say that they never mean it.
Speaker 4: I kind of like her brand of humor. I might go follow her Jeffrey in the morning. You know, we don't normally announce segment MVPs on this show, and that's for good reason, because they award them all to me when I'm off the air. So all the m vps are taken, and that's why we're pivoting to our MVB of the Awkward Tuesday Most Valuable Blonde. Today's MVB goes to Alexis for her comment. Who would have thought social media influencers could be fake? But you know what, at least the Kardashians are still real obviously, thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and about them absolutely.
Speaker 4: So there is some people we can still look up to in this world. Not us, but we will help you with your life. Make sure to subscribe to our podcast, Brook and Jeffrey wherever you find it, Apple, Spotify, YouTube, all the place.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not going to use this opportunity to shout out our insta.
Speaker 4: We have one of those awesome Instagram Brook and Jeffrey