Speaker 1: I was donkey up to today time. Damn he hogged.
Speaker 2: It's time for Donkey to day.
Speaker 3: I me ain't trying to be donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these things called Donkey of the day.
Speaker 1: And it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 3: Damn Charlomagne, who got the donkey out of day to day?
Speaker 1: Wow, jess hilarious.
Speaker 3: Donkey Today for Thursday, November sixteenth goes to thirty five year old Joseph Halder. I think I say pronounced his name, A volunteer firefighter from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. This is one of those ones that caused me to reflect a little. And in my reflection, I thought to myself, I wonder if humans are as insane as Donkey of the Day makes them out to be. Maybe I need to give humans the benefit of the doubt, bore and say, hey, it's just me. You're the guy who does Donkey of to Day, so you choose to seek out this crazy every day. And since I choose to seek out this crazy every day, I attracted crazy by way of stories. Okay, people send me these things and I read them, and I can't believe them. So I read them again and I still can't believe them. Then I check out the saurces to make sure that these stories are real because I don't believe them. And every morning we end up here, same donkey time, same donkey channel. Today is really no exception. Salute to all the public servants out there, all the individuals who realize that your true purpose in life is service to others, dropping the clues bombs for those individuals. I told you, Joseph, it is a volunteer filler for firefighter. Volunteer firefighters are absolutely public servants. Being a volunteer firefighter is absolutely an active service. But do you ever think to yourself, well, what if you're a firefighter and there's nothing to do, nobody to serve. What if you're a firefighter and there's no fires to fight because there is no fires? Have you ever thought about that? Well, Joseph has, and he also had a solution. Let's go to WSB channel two for the report.
Speaker 2: Police is the.
Speaker 4: Third such structured fighter in the area in a short amount of time, which by yourself, is kind of suspicious. A volunteer firefighter for the Whitefish Township Fire Department was officially charged today for setting a building on fire Saturday night. Joseph Halder was a firefighter on the department for only a few months. Today he stepped in front of a judge for arson. Halder is accused of setting fire to the building that used to house Ruth's Gift Shop in downtown Paradise. Chipwall County Sheriff Mike Bittner was on the scene moments after the call came in. He immediately looked over surveillance footage from a gas station across the street. A short time later, deputies arrested Halder while he was fighting the fire. Helder is charged with third degree arson. He's facing ten years in prison and a twenty thousand dollars fine.
Speaker 3: Only you can prevent firefighters, firefires. What am I trying to say? Forest fires? There?
Speaker 2: You go, okay, firefighters, right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right. Only you can prevent forest fires. And you know how you prevent them by not starting them yourself. Okay, starting in my life. This is a literal, physical, tangible example of what self destruction looks like. See when you start going to therapy right and doing the work on yourself and start healing some of these traumas. When you get to the place in your life where you know, you start feeling pockets to peace, when you start feeling genuine happiness, When you feel joy, you will find a way to start a fire. This man started a fire and then showed up to put out the fire that he helped start. I promise you this is the version of me that I run from. I don't want to start any fires, especially when things are peaceful. When things are peaceful, I want them to remain peaceful. I don't want to go grab a canister something flammable, some fire and set things aflame just because I'm not used to peace. This man, Joseph, was looking for chaos. He was working with the fire department for just a few months, and he wanted action so much so that he started a fire himself and then went to help put it out. I know people like this right now in corporate America. I know people like this right now in my life. They will create a problem themselves just so they can have something to do, just so they have something to fix. Let me tell you something. When you have to do things like that in order to feel like you did something then you need to do some internal work on yourself, because that don't make any damn sense, all right. Paul Sloan says, the innovative leader has to be an arsonist and a firefighter. But I don't think he meant that literally, Okay, nor Joseph through I believe you are an innovative leader. And did you know that? Roughly it's a fun little snap effect. Roughly one hundred firefighters are convicted of arson each year. It's called firefighter arsen true story. There is a very small minority of firefighters who are also active arsonists. And guess what they say motivates these people boredom okay, are by the prospect of receiving attention for responding to the fires. They have said. Sound familiar. Okay, I told y'all earlier this week. I don't mind as the Devil's workshop. These folks really don't be having anything to do. This is truly the era that has everything and absolutely nothing all at once, and that is because the things you all crave aren't real. You got all these followers on social media, but no real connection to nobody. You log on every day to a community that's not even a real community. You're seeking validation and attention and likes and retweets and engagement. None of it is real and that's why you're bored and you resort to doing dumb sneak of doodles. That's a bet edit like Joseph did. Now, Joseph is facing up to ten years in prison and a twenty thousand dollars fine, and he's a person of interest and at least two other fires in the area. Some donkey today is just sell themselves. Please let me remind give Joseph Handler the biggest e huh.
Speaker 4: Hee ha hee ha.
Speaker 1: You stupid motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Are you dumb?
Speaker 3: I can't believe you'll be doing this snicker doodles. And don't be Joseph Hadler. Okay, don't start a fire just to have something to do. Not only that, there's some of us who will set ourselves on fire to keep others warm. That means you put other people's knees in front of your own. You do know that's not sustainable, right, Okay, just so we're clear, All right, Well, thank you for that donkey today, sir. Now when we come back, well, first be et, we'll see them all piece be et.
Speaker 1: Now, when we come back. Jada Pikett Smith. She was on the show last time. We spoke to it for what over an hour?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, we spoke to it for our.
Speaker 3: Whole conversation is on YouTube, by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You cans into it right now, watch it right now. She talked about in relationships and in marriages, having friends with the opposite sex, and this is what she actually said. When Will was up here, he talked about being insecure a little bit about Tupac. Did y'all ever have that conversation? Because as a man, when you're a little insecure, I almost feel like you play both sides. You want to be yourself, but you want to show that you're better than the person that's making him insecured. Did y'all ever have that conversation?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say that we had conversations in that way. It was just like, you know, we came up in the era where it was so unusual for a man and a woman to be friends. In our era, that was just like friends.
Speaker 1: They had to be dating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like what what? Right? And so I think for him it was just like getting your mind around around that, know, and that the kind of friendship that we had because we had such a you know, tight friendship that you know, was very impactful on my life.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. When you're in a relationship, is it okay for your spouse or your significant other to have friends of the opposite sex, Not.
Speaker 3: Even just in marriage, but in life. You can have platonic friendships like I got Wave homegirls and I got homeboys, and a lot of times, a lot of these people are grandfathered in, like you know, y'all been friends forever, you know what I mean. Like and another thing Jada said during that conversation, she was like, she didn't say, we're not talking about new people, talking about people that have been around for a long time.
Speaker 2: And it kind of helps you too, like in your relationship, to have friends that are of the opposite sex. So when you vent or not tell them your you know, personal business, but when you tell them what's going on, they give you a perspective that your significant other might have and kind of balance it out. You don't have a whole lot of yes man about yo, I feel you, bro you No, I don't feel you. You messed up?
Speaker 1: Or it can hurt. You know, like Charlemagne said, no new friends, no new people coming around that if the individual is a new then we all friends. We all speak.
Speaker 2: But it ain't.
Speaker 1: It ain't a situation where you just speak to my wife or I just speak to her. No, no, no, no, We all friends.
Speaker 2: But even old friendships should still be we all friends.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's discuss eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. What are your thoughts? Phone lines wide open. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.