Speaker 1: All right, break it down.
Speaker 2: If you ever have feelings that you just won't Amy and Cat got your cob and locking no brother, ladies and fels, you just follow an the spirit where it's all the front over real stuff to the chill stuff and the m but Swayne.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the best thing you can do it just.
Speaker 2: Stop you feel things. This is Feeling Things with Amy and Kat.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday. Welcome to feeling things.
Speaker 3: I'm Amy and I'm Kat.
Speaker 1: And our feeling of the day, well, I think we both have them. This is like last time you want to just say I'm on the count of three because I have two, pick your main one and go on the count of three. One, okay, two, three?
Speaker 3: Worry okay? Cool? I thought you were gonna go with the other feelings. Well that one is curious, okay, And I said worried so same reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Happy because Chase is in town and he's running our video today.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jas, I wish I could flip the.
Speaker 1: Can I know you can't. So this is fun. If you've listened to this podcast feed for years and years, it was four Things with Amy Brown and Chase before Kat was the co host on the bonus episode for that podcast called The Fifth Thing. Before you were the co host, Chase would do The Fifth Thing with me every week for several of them, a lot, a lot like Yeah, I don't know that it was consistent every week, but it was a lot. So he has been a part of the podcast family. And he happens to be in town, so he's running our camera and I'm curious because I want to know where Amy Bradley is. And I think that maybe is why you're worried.
Speaker 3: It's why I'm worried. Okay, you're worried about her, well, sure, but more worried. It seems a little suck us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're feeling sus.
Speaker 3: And you know what I'm not ever doing now?
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can go on a cruise. I will be on on next February, the Bobby Bone Show cruise.
Speaker 3: Okay, that cruise sounds like it's gonna be very safe and great. But can I share some I don't spoil anything. You know, I ruined Sex in the City for everybody, Well, you didn't, really.
Speaker 1: And also that Amy Bradley's story has been around since nineteen ninety eight and the doctor generies now gaining attention because this particular documentary there are other things out there you can watch. And the rabbit hole I ended up down was the inconsistencies in interviews over the last with who a couple of decades with the family and how stuff has changed. And in the Netflix documentary we learned that she is gay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and apparently her parents don't want people to know that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's information now, but you would think you would want the world to know that from the get go, in case any information could be helpful. But apparently, allegedly in previous interviews, interviews or documentaries or things, it wasn't disclosed that she was gay. In fact, even at one point they said she had a boyfriend right before the cruise or something like that, she had a girlfriend. She had a girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well soon My parents were not into it in the beginning at least, okay, and now they seem okay with it.
Speaker 1: But what's your deal?
Speaker 3: Okay, if you haven't watched the documentary, I don't think I'm ruined anything, but like, don't you think the crew of the cruise was a little rude, mainly the director of fun or whatever. The guy, the guy, the cruise director, he was rude.
Speaker 1: I think that he probably wasn't his mindset, his thought that she jumped, she's overboard. Okay, so there's a lot of people online that have pieced together They're like, look, this family is in denial. I don't know what they're digging for. I don't think she was human trafficked.
Speaker 3: You don't think those pictures were.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm not telling you what I think. I'm telling you what other people have pieced together that have followed this case far longer than I. I'm I'm a Netflix newbie, like I have only been concerned about Amy Bradley for about two weeks now, well because I mean I didn't know about her. I didn't know she was missing, and now I need to know where is she? Is she being human trafficked in the Caribbean, I don't know, or did she go overboard? Or does something else happened to her?
Speaker 3: Or does that them again? Okay, I have a couple other thoughts. One I have to disclose this. I may have fallen asleep at the end of the last episode, so if she was found, I didn't know, but it sounds like she won't. So I didn't miss anything that I need to go back and watch, right.
Speaker 1: Sadly she's not found. It's almost like this is the family's last night. I don't know if it's their last, it's their next. Please they've done others.
Speaker 3: I would hope that my family would never give up on searching for me, and I would think as a parent, that would probably be how if there was not clear evidence that I died. I think that would I would not be able to sleep at night if I wasn't continuing to try to find why are you looking at like well?
Speaker 1: And if there were eyewitnesses that claim to see you years later in a bathroom or walking down the beach or crazy.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm worried about, though, Yellow's daughter. Don't you think she's gonna get herself into some trouble?
Speaker 1: Well, some people that haven't seen it, they're like, who's yellow? Yellow was a bass player on the cruise in the band that would play and apparently she was hanging out with them. Oh, this is the other thing. So she's gay? Right when you first watched the documentary, before they get into the piece that she's gay, aren't you thinking she's not? I mean some people are like, Look, I could tell by the first I was reading threads of people. They're like, look, I'm a lesbian, and I could tell right away when are they going to talk about how she's a lesbian? But they were just like she is the life of the party. She would walk into the room and everybody give her attention. Everybody wanted her attention, Like guys would talk to her, and everybody's come up to her. But at no point and then it was like this twist that she's gay. But I think that earlier in other documentaries or interviews that were done, the narrative was just how lively she was, and you would think, Okay, well we need to be looking at men, because clearly she was hanging out with men, and maybe she had a little rendezvous with the man. I mean, that's what I was thinking. I was like, well, who did she sneak off with? If she was so magnetic, she still could have done that, I know, but it seems like now we know she wouldn't be interested in a man.
Speaker 3: Maybe she was and she was just like, oh tonight, I'm gonna do this. Maybe she's fluid, yes, yeah, versus the other stories that she was looking for drugs, which I also could be true. But back to Yellow, he was the bass player that people think had something to do with her being trafficked away, and in the documentary, his daughter calls him live and asks him what happened to Amy? If this guy is that powerful and he does those kinds of things, don't you think the daughter's now putting herself in harms way? That was my first thought of, like, if he's this powerful guy, like, don't do that.
Speaker 1: That part was weird to me. I don't know. I gave it nothing, nothing gave us nothing like I thought when she called and left a voicemail for that family. I'm like, we're about to get some real information. And the parents had to be thinking that, like we're about to really get something here. And then it's like, oh, you just heard from your mom this story and whatever. People that haven't watched it, they're probably not as worried or concerned or curious as we are about this, But just watch it and if anybody knows anything about Amy, call us. We need to call that a lie. Obviously. That's what I meant to find their number and try not to one one before us. I just I am heartbroken for her family. I just don't know what is what?
Speaker 3: You know what I was happy to see though, because in these types of documentaries they always interview everybody separately. The parents stayed together, and I think a lot of times when there's any kind of tragedy within a family, a lot of times the parents, because of their grieving process to end up splitting up. But they're still together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that too.
Speaker 3: Not, but it just was nice to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that is nice. I'm like thinking, what do you think about my divorce?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that is very different. Your children didn't go missing, Okay, I know are you protecting?
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, I'm so glad they stayed together, And I was like, I bet you are. Look at them, they're so great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think about it every night with you. I can't believe you did that.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I thought I have a little activity for us. It's like a check in, and I think listeners could do this too if they want to write it down, or we can put it in the show notes and they can go copy and paste it and do a check in with themselves or their roommates or their husband, wife, whatever kids. So I'll share the check in so I can go first, and then you can share yours. But they're just questions you can ask yourself and then you fill in the blank.
Speaker 3: Do you do the same question or it's just a one time thing. It's not like a week you could do you do a monthly check in. You could do this, rinse and repeat twelve times a year. Okay, okay, ready this month. I'm proud of accomplishing.
Speaker 1: And for me curtains in my house because I've lived here over Yere and I finally got curtains up in all of the rooms.
Speaker 3: And have you ever hung a curtain rod yourself?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh did you do these?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, but I have very hard Yeah, I think like in college or something. Okay, yeah, why do you hang them?
Speaker 3: I just hung one once and I felt very accomplished.
Speaker 1: This might also be you doing that thing where we wanted to like ask things we don't know about each other. So is that like a thing you didn't know about me? If I'd ever hung a curtain.
Speaker 3: Right driving down the road and I was like, I wonder if Amy's ever hung a curtain rod. That's something I think would be fun if we have space, which I guess we do this anyway with space. In the podcast, if we're like, oh, questions that never come up. I've been wondering have you ever done this? Or what would you do in this situation? Questions that like, it would be weird if I just brought this up in conversation. Okay, you know, yeah, like, is there something about me you've always wanted to know?
Speaker 1: Let me think about it. I feel like if I wanted to know, I would ask you. I mean, I'm sure there.
Speaker 3: Is that, but if it's not a natural place for it, you know. So, Okay, that's a new thing. We're gonna do that. If you randomly have a question or a thought and there's like nowhere for it to really fit, you can just say, kind of like how we say sib when we're being mean to each other, we can just say questions that never come up? Have you ever hung a curtain? Rod? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, and let me just ask it? Okay, So that'll encourage just more curiosity. Yeah, with your friends and family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you think you can start that with your family, not just on the podcast.
Speaker 1: If you wonder it, ask it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's your T shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I did my this month. I'm proud of accomplishing, which was curtains in my house. One thing I'm grateful for is people. What s grateful for people in my life lately that have been able to either pour into my kids or pour in to me. And just how important community is. So I think more so than just people is like your people, your community. My affirmation for the next month is I'm a fun person. Why did you say that? Because I listened to my affirmations as subliminals and so yeah, I was just doing it.
Speaker 3: How would a fun person say it?
Speaker 1: No, my subliminal would be I don't know, because I am a fun mat I'm not fun yet that's my manifestation for the next month. So so, so this.
Speaker 3: Is not an affirmation, So this is more so like this is a subliminal. Well, it can be either, because affirmation isn't that Like you are beautiful?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am fun, I am fun. What I write down, I'm a fun person. I am a fun person. Gosh darn it, Like are you repeat it over and over you look.
Speaker 3: In the mirror.
Speaker 1: I am a fun person, Okay, but I take in my subliminals. I am a money magnet. Fun finds me in fun ways. Circulating fun is fun. I'm fun I think you're fun. We are fun. I want to be more funky. I'm a fun I'm a fun mom, I'm a fun parent, I'm a fun coworker. I'm fun. I'm fun gosh, and people want to be around me because i'd so fun. But we're not there yet. But I'm work shopping it but fun okay, Like that's my affirmation. You are fun though you're a seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're just as fun as I am.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're.
Speaker 3: No pie for no, but no, you were fun in that meeting when you yelled at.
Speaker 1: That was fun. Yeah, I can be fun. I want to, I guess, be more consistently fun.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to be more low key, so like low key there, like I want to be more like less.
Speaker 1: You want to be more like me, which is low key, lame.
Speaker 3: It's not what I met what I met. It met like I want to just like be home more. But being home could be fun. Yeah, it's so fun now that I'm thinking about it. I am home all the time. I think you have a skewed idea of my life.
Speaker 1: No, I don't you play games? You you have you know you blindfold your husband and taking around town. You're always coming up with fun ideas that I take from you and then I implement them in my life. Yeah, you're fun bank cookie logs.
Speaker 3: That's fun, but that's at home.
Speaker 1: One habit I cultivated this month was pretending to stretch while I was actually just laying on the floor. I really am trying to work on stretching more and I think we'll get there. But I definitely lay it on the floor to stretch more than I ever have before, and then ended up mostly just laying there. But still in yoga, laying on your back flat is a move. It's called savasana, which is a move. So if I am laying in it is a yoga post. It's a pose, it's a post. So I am laying in savasana, okay, so it's not like I'm just doing nothing. And then the final check in is one thing I want to accomplish next month is by next month, I want to finish Family of Liars, which is the book I ordered that's the prequel to We Were Liars, which I watched on Amazon. I didn't read the book, but after I watched it and learned it was a book, I wished I would have read it, So then I ordered us the prequel, which is Family of Liars.
Speaker 3: I wonder what's gonna so I guess maybe we're getting the mom's perspective.
Speaker 1: I don't know yet. I just got them mis Okay, well you didn't read the that of the book, not yet. I got stuck on the little drawing and they had a little graphic like a map. They had a map of Beechwood Island.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I'm imagining, like, you can't be that much that happens before.
Speaker 1: I mean, I started a little bit just but not enough to where I know really what's happening. But I'm pretty sure what I'm reading right now is from one of the sisters.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's three.
Speaker 1: That's when you mean that mom, Yes, yes, which went and got her? Because in the show, and this isn't giving anything away, but do you remember which one got like her chin or jaw redone like plastic surgery? Remember when one of the sisters was like, well, yeah, let's be nice, Dad got you a new chin or whatever? That Okay, because I need a google. I want to see which one. Since I've already watched the show and i'm reading the prequel, I'm visually I have the real visualization from the show and not my own imagination. So I know what the three sisters look like, and I need to know which sister I'm reading about.
Speaker 3: So can I share something again that's not going to be a spoiler. But remember last week I said that I wanted to guess what was going to happen.
Speaker 1: And we were liars.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Okay, wasn't I close?
Speaker 1: You were very close. You were very close. I was not that close, but you were.
Speaker 3: You're right, So I just I just want that on the record for everybody to know I was close.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Probably.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, if you have not watched that, watch it. If you would rather read it, read it first.
Speaker 3: I'm sad. If I would have known that was a book, I would have read first. That probably was such a good book.
Speaker 1: But now we have yeah, family of Life.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: They're welcome, So your turn to do oh check in? Okay, okay, you went the first Yeah, and you asked them, And I'll tell you this month, I'm proud of accomplishing.
Speaker 3: So this is going to sound weird. I'm proud of accomplishing hiring somebody else to come clean my house because this is something that I've wanted to do for over a year. I kept asking one of my friends for her cleaners, and she finally said, I'm not giving you the number anymore because we're never going to play. Because I asked her like ten times, can I have your cleaner's number? And then she would give it to me, and then I would ask her the next month, which I don't know why I didn't just go look for it. I guess I was lazy. But then she was like, you're you're not going to call them? And I said, yes, I am, but then you texted yours for me, so I didn't have to do the work, but I rescheduled her. Yeah and okay.
Speaker 1: So and she's so awesome and she's so grateful and she's really excited about clean your house and she's so sweet, and she sent me a text. Gosh, I've been working with her for years years now, like four maybe at least or going on five, and I feel like that's a good consistent relationship and I adore her. And she was really sweet and she was like, I'm so excited to be cleaning your friend's house. Like next time I come, I want to give you like a little discount, and I thought, Okay, you don't have to do that, but I just thought that it's also a good business practice for her because she knows like word of mouth is the best. Is that how the fast you can do no no business part in the mailbox?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Well I will say that has been so helpful because that's one of those things that I'm like, I can do it myself. There's something about having somebody else. Well, you're my house looks.
Speaker 1: New now, working full time, your husband works full time on mensayah, And like I think for y'all it makes sense. I think anytime you can outsource stuff, that is going to take stuff off of your plate.
Speaker 3: And you can and I give trying back. Yeah, because for her, cleaning my shower probably takes her, what fifteen minutes, It would take me four hours, you know, because she probably has better skills. And I'm like using Patrick's like, do you clean everything with Windex? And I'm like kind of yes.
Speaker 1: It's like everything my big fat Greek weddings cleaning my house.
Speaker 3: We're furniture with windex. He's like, what are you doing. I'm like, it's just it's wet and it's getting the dirt off, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, I'm glad she's gonna be able to help you, because yes, you need to not do it with windex. But I'm proud of you too, thank you, especially with all you have going on with your house. It's good to have it like clean, Yeah, spiffy, so you can sell that bad boy. Yeah, because you're a money magnet.
Speaker 3: Money finds its way to circulate around me.
Speaker 1: People want to buy your house. Your house is very desirable. Oh my gosh, you need to run subliminals while people are looking at your house.
Speaker 3: You'd have music. You should do it because you're really good at them.
Speaker 1: Well no, I mean you'd have to make them. But I wonder if there's a house selling subliminal and when people come into her your house, like they think that listening to horror falls, but really subliminately in the music. There's like, you want to buy this house. This house is perfect for you.
Speaker 3: Your stuff would look great in this house.
Speaker 1: Can't you imagine yourself so many fun family memories around this table? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, Okay, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of playing I don't know, it's a great idea, but yeah, being kind, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it's great, like it can't hurt. It can hurt if they do notice what's happening.
Speaker 1: Is this a new business we have? We could market it to realtors, buy our subliminals.
Speaker 3: You'll sell so many houses, so many We could sell it for like five days.
Speaker 1: Science backed.
Speaker 3: We didn't need to say that, therapist backed. We want to say science.
Speaker 1: I was joking.
Speaker 3: Okay, inside joke. No, I think we should do it. If it works, then we'll do it, because then we'll have a testimony.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Yeah, your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I played them in my house and it's sold in seven days. Okay.
Speaker 1: One thing I'm grateful for is dot dot dot?
Speaker 3: Did I for tell you the one time I got in a fight. Did I for tell you the one time I got in a fight with my ex boyfriend because he asked me this question? He abandoned me at church and drove off. Wait what yeah, Oh, sometimes this question triggers me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I did not mean to do that, So no, I can work through it a little backstory though. I don't know how much you say about this ex boyfriend's personality because obviously he's not diagnosed of anything. But he was not He was not kind to you. Yeah, toxic traits.
Speaker 3: Toxic traits. So we were on our way to church and he asked me, what are you grateful for? I think he was trying to do something cute or something. What are you grateful for today? I think? I said, that's such a weird question, and I was about to say, because there's so many things I'm grateful for. He lost it and was like, how dare you say that was a weird question? So disrespectful, and then he started saying loud of like mean things and like curse words, and I'm like, oh my gosh, I couldn't pick one thing. So he was like, I can't even be around you. Drop me off at church, left, ain't drove off. I don't know how I got home.
Speaker 1: How much longer did you date him after that incident?
Speaker 3: If I don't know, couldn't have been more than a couple months.
Speaker 1: You don't know how you got back home. I mean, let's just say you got to ride from a friend like that. Heart's not important. What was the I mean, obviously you getting home, it's important. I don't want to a Netflix special of where is kat a Fauna? Because yeah, that would be terrible, But once you got home or your next interaction with him. Sheldon lived together, but like what was that? Like, Like, hey, why did you leave me at church?
Speaker 3: And oh no, I think I got myself and left. I must have like called him after church. Maybe I ubered. This was so long ago, but I do know that I got my stuff and left. My car was at his apartment, so somehow I got back to my the apartment, got my stuff, a hat, a key too apartment, got myself and left and then he sent me an apology and it was probably like I'll buy you the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're like, okay, does it include a house keeper?
Speaker 3: You probably did have a housekeeper anyway, I'm one. Am I grateful for it that I'm not dating him and I'm married to my current husband.
Speaker 1: Praise the Lord. That's a crazy story and that I see now how that question could be triggering.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you could triggering. It's just I think every time somebody asked me that, I'm like, oh remember that one time.
Speaker 1: I know. But I don't want you to have to think of him if you don't need to. So you can omit this from your monthly check ins, my affirmation and how that you say that. I do recall you telling me that story years ago, and I couldn't but I wouldn't have been able to regurgitate that. But that is such a good story. Not good, but you know what I mean, cool story.
Speaker 3: No, it's crazy. Yeah, it's great, That's what I mean. Yeah, but I have a lot of stories about him that are crazy.
Speaker 1: No, but it's like I would think I would never forget that story because it's so you know, cuckoo.
Speaker 3: What I think that relationship was very much. It developed the plot of my own story, you know how, Like the kids will say, I do it for the plot. I'm like, I dated him for the plot, for sure.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many more yeah, it's cool. How many more interesting things could I gather? Or cool not cool, crazy stories can I get from this relationship?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an embarrassing It was not a good relationship.
Speaker 1: No, but it maybe it kept life interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I will say I'm a big believer in this, not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I have a lot of good memories from that relationship too. Obviously there was something good about it, else I wouldn't have been in it for as long as I was but he took me to Disney World.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun. That was fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was he a love bomber?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh his first gift? Well, first of all, our first date was the day before my birthday.
Speaker 1: I love how I asked, was he a love bomber?
Speaker 3: When like, obviously obviously he was. He brought a birthday card to our first date. So my birthdays in December, so Christmas is right after that. The first gift he gave me was like a very large sum of money to able so I can pick out a purse because I mentioned that I wanted a bag from there. Very large. I don't want to say what it is because that feels weird, but like it was like enough to buy a person then something else like and to me back then, and that was a lot of money. I mean, it is a lot of money. Yeah, somebody been dating for two weeks. It was weird. I was like, I wasn't going to get you anything. And then he took me on a trip to Asheville at the end of December. We were dating for like three weeks, so yeah, he was. He was a gift bomber, and I did like that.
Speaker 1: We were like I didn't hate it, But that's how they get in this person. They hook you and not even that you're in this material at person where it's like, oh yeah, I'm a little data. Affirmation worked in there for sure. Yeah, yeah, so you're grateful he's gone. Speaking of affirmation, that's the next check in my affirmation for the next month.
Speaker 3: Is does mine have to be subliminal? Subliminal?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, I would like to tell myself one thing at a time, like, do one task at a time, like you can do time, you can do well here, how about this one task at a time is enough?
Speaker 1: So what's up with that? No? I want to know more behind it. I'm curious, No, this caut.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling judged, So what's up with that?
Speaker 1: Sorry, s Iv, I was not that.
Speaker 3: If I get that, I'm messing with you.
Speaker 1: If that came across sib, I didn't, okay, because a little bit, I quite literally was doing that thing where you said, if you get a question about let me ask you.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have to say questions that don't come up, questions and don't come up. What's up with that?
Speaker 1: Why are you wanting to do one thing at a time or one thing at a time is enough? Like I want more details.
Speaker 3: Because I think this is twofold. It's in the large scale and the small scale, because you know, I have a lot of huge life things happening. Yeah, so I'm getting lost sometimes in like, let's just say, with a move, I'm like making Pinterest boards for my dining room, which is gonna be like the last room that I redo in this house, versus like focus on you need to have bedroom furniture that fits this house, or you need to hire a mover to even get there kind of thing. So like one thing at a time, right, like is enough? I want to do it all? And I think large scale is like the move and then these other big things in my life. I'm like feel like I have to get everything sorted out at the same time. Right, Does that make sense? Yes, So getting one thing accomplished, like calling a mover. I did message the movers and they really like to call immediately, and I wasn't prepared for that type of like eye eagerness. I thought they were going to text me back or something. So I messaged like four of them and then I got immediately like seven phone calls. So it was like one thing at a time is enough I messaged them. I don't have to talk to them yet. So if I just got a mover scheduled, that would be okay. Then I can sit down. I don't have to like check everything off the list. Okay. So yeah, that was that a good answer?
Speaker 1: Yes, whatever answer you gave would be the good one, SIB.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: To be clarified what that means in case someone's new today not today, SIB is just a quick way that Kat and I call each other out in case one of us is acting or maybe we know we're acting bitchy. Yeah, so it's just real quick SIB like sorry, I bit. So she can say it to me, I can say it to her, and then it also brings some levity to a situation that may feel it e.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's gonna make it easy if you're being SIV for me to be like SIB versus.
Speaker 1: Like oh you know, yeah, like hey, is everything okay? Yeah, it's more like hey SIB. It's like SIB check in, Like these are like check ins that you can do every month, but you could do SIB check in daily, hourly. Yeah, sometimes with anybody in your life.
Speaker 3: SIB.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by minute, by the minute. I fluctuate sometimes just depending on what's going on.
Speaker 3: It can be that fast you say I'm in it by the minute.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean like do a check in by the minute? Oh, like you could be not SIB and then sixty seconds later SIB sort of like just then I didn't feel SIB, and then within sixty seconds, I guess I gave sib vibes. Which I think there's a major difference in giving SIB vibes and actually being SIB, because sometimes it could just be misinterpreted.
Speaker 3: And sometimes like I make a weird face. I don't mean to make it, you know, and then.
Speaker 1: I feel judged, yes, and you're like, no, that's just the w F your face.
Speaker 3: It's just not having botox anymore. Yeah, weird fase. Okay, Sorry, you can say WF and I'm like, no, that actually was sip. Okay.
Speaker 1: One habit I cultivated this month was.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I should say what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: Why do you don't think it could hurt you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I didn't know what it was until you just asked me. So I looked down and read it because you typed it. But I had tried to stay away from it. I'm gonna save that one for later. I'm gonna save that one until after what I hope is going to happen and happens. Okay, so that'll be a good contract. I will say it is very entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm going to keep you guys in your toes.
Speaker 1: This habit you cultivated, I wouldn't even call it a habbit you cultivated. It's a hobby.
Speaker 3: It's now a hobby. It's become a hobby. Yeah, it's become very time consuming. It's a time consuming heaby. Yeah, but you're not the only one that's ever done it. Yeah, but I don't think people tell Oh and also I think you're doing it in a very normal way. I think other people have gone next level and they do like other things.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you guys want to guess what it is, but also will clarify it's nothing illegal or dirty. Yeah, because that sounded weird when I was, like, other people do things. Okay, So do you have another habit, another.
Speaker 3: Habit I've cultivated this month? I don't think I've cultivated it. What was yours? Lay at?
Speaker 1: I've been trying to stretch more mine was stretching more, but then that ended up like I stretched for a second and then I lay.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's a habit, and this is all thanks to like everything revolves around stelling my house. I am cleaning my dishes and putting them immediately away right now instead of like leaving them out to dry, I'm like drying them and put them putting them away. And here's the habit I've cultivated. I've done it twice, Shannon.
Speaker 1: Can you look up what how many times do you do something where it takes it?
Speaker 3: And I'm cultivating this habit.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: I'm folding my laundry as soon as it's done, putting it away and putting it away. Yeah. Yeah, I'll take it a step farther. I'm putting it away.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I need to do because I love doing laundry, and then I don't put it away, so then I form neat piles all over the place. I'm not messy about it, but sometimes my closet can get pretty messy. But like if you go up to my room and now I've got a pile like sitting on a chair, Well, you.
Speaker 3: Don't like doing laundry. You like putting laundry in the laundry machine?
Speaker 1: Then what are you saying? I know what I like and I like doing laundry. I like doing laundry. Why are you saying I don't like it?
Speaker 3: I love what is laundry? Laundry machine too? Because he feels like I'm doing something, but then I'm like, really just taking this mess and putting it in this Do you like sorting?
Speaker 1: Do you like sorting the colors?
Speaker 3: I don't think it takes a lot of time. I just don't get because I don't not like it. I don't get a high off of it.
Speaker 1: I don't think you like laundry like I do. I like laundry.
Speaker 3: You what do you like about laundry?
Speaker 1: Because I am I doing it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I just don't always put everything away right away. But some people dread laundry, and there their laundry piles up and then they have lots of it to do. I try to stay ahead of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like laundry. Believe you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Shannon said, there isn't a fixed number of times you need to repeat in action for it to be considered a habit, but research, Oh suggest it can take anywhere from eighteen to two hundred and fifty four days for something to become a habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on days like seven, so I'm almost halfway there.
Speaker 1: Like on my little bull balls that I put in my dryer because I quit using dryer sheets.
Speaker 3: Do they work?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, well what do they do? I don't know? Sure the stuff not staticky?
Speaker 1: No, I still have static. Oh maybe maybe I need to update my balls because.
Speaker 3: That's under sounds like it.
Speaker 1: But I think they wear down, so I might need you to get fresh wool balls fresh balls. But what I've been doing and it's so lovely is and maybe Shannon even gave you this tip is I put so see, I enjoyed my laundry experience. I saw it drops of vanilla essential oil. That's all I could think of, was vanilla ectually. Okay, vanilla essential oil. And it's a little dropper and I drop it onto the balls and then I put them in there. And then your laundry smells like whatever essential oil you want, which I opted for vanilla, And I think that's a lovely scent because my laundry is very boring now that my skin is sensitive so to avoid the rash that I was getting, I have unscented plain the detergent and no dryer sheets. So I love that the little vanilla essential oil on the balls helps my laundry. It's like more fun. Like every load I go in there and I give it a new little drop.
Speaker 3: Arm this book listening to this book called The Tenant. I'm reading this book listening to this book called The Tenant by Freedom McFadden. And I'm bringing this up because he is allergic to every like what's it called logiturgent, and somebody's sabotaging him by pouring out his detergent and pouring in lemon scented detergent and it's giving him a very large rash. Just this is fiction, yes, okay, yes, but that's how they're like, if you ever want to sabotage Amy, switch out her, No, because.
Speaker 1: I would open it up and I would smell the limon. Okay.
Speaker 3: That's why I was like, Okay, this is not like he would smell that his clothes smell good. But you know, Patrick likes to say suspend disbelief.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of something my daughter wanted to do. My son claims to be lactose intolerant and we mean claims, well, we've never had it tested, but he self diagnosed him, so I roll with it. You want the Lactaid or the A two milk like which is lactose free or easier to digest on your stomach, so we buy that, and then Sashia has her normal milk and they both go through enough of the milk to where they can each other own or whatever. So it's fine. But Sashiro's like, I have one of my containers and he has an empty one. Can I pour my milk into his lactaid milk and watch him drink it for a week and see if he has a reaction, because if he doesn't react and it's mental like because he sees it in the specific container, then we'll know, like if he's not like, oh, mom, my stomach hurts or a mom, I have to go to the bathroom or I'm itchy, you know. And I was like, Sashira, I can't do that. I love your little plan here, but that seems cruel, and she's like smart, she goes, I'm telling you, I'm not wrong. It's not real and I don't know and I should probably take the time to get it officially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a better way is to actually test it. But I mean she's been creative. Yes, it's sounds very sisterly.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I just that made me think about the switching out without him, and I couldn't allow it.
Speaker 3: But she does do that one day without your permission.
Speaker 1: She may have, like I don't know, she already did it. Who knows if she has. He's fine, Yeah, he's okay. Dryer balls bull Dryer balls offer several benefits, including reducing drying time, softening clothes, minimizing static cling, and helping reduce sprinkles.
Speaker 3: So I need to get those because I stopped using dryer sheets. Yeah, but now my clothes are just really staticky.
Speaker 1: Sometimes mine still are. But again, maybe I don't have enough balls in there. But to refresh your balls, I need to google laundry load and number of balls because then if I only have one or two, and maybe it needed for because they come in like a six pack. So I have and they're sneaky little suckers because they get caught in sleeves and they in sheet so then they end up upstairs because if the kids put them in their laundry basket and then they never so they or Kara my dog starts playing with them. So it's just gonna have extra on hand. Oh okay, Shannon says, here for larger loads, you do need five or six balls. How I do you have? I normally only do like two or three miles. I mean I have more, but maybe that's why I've got the static. This is riveting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are post this episode two. Your friends.
Speaker 1: Share this with at least one person in your life, because it's gonna change everything. Clothing, it's gonna change everything. Or maybe they have a rash because I lived with my rash for a long time thinking it was something else.
Speaker 3: That's how life is.
Speaker 1: I now bathe an unscented soap, which Chase is staying in my house, and you're probably gonna be like in the guests side guest bathroom, Well, it's all I had. I just have these bars of soap, and I was out of body washing air and I wanted to like put a fresh towel in there for Chase and make sure that shampoo conditioner like whatever. And then I was like, oh, and here's a boring box of soap unscented playing to be really disappointed. You get your own bar.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm going to a hotel, this place, socks this, what is this?
Speaker 1: And unscented laundry my sheet? These sheets don't laundry mat Yeah, I know so, but but someone else out there, they may have a rash and they may be like what do I do? And this is gonna potentially help them. You need to just decent your life.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of when I like got glasses for the first time. I thought that's how everybody saw and I remember putting glasses on and I could see it an assembly and I was like, oh no, you can see the people talking. They're doing a bunny race too, and I was like, you can people can see the bunnies up there.
Speaker 1: So wait, how is this?
Speaker 3: It makes sense to make out like you thought that like life was just this way you had to live with this rash and then you're like, no, people are rap free, and then yeah, it's the same same. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely the same. Anyway, one thing, wait, are we still on our put Okay? And here this is back to the dryer balls. This is the Feeling Things podcast. And also what I think you'll notice in this if you do this activity with your friend or your partner or your kids. Is it's like you learn things about each other, but also conversations come up, feelings come up, and this is just a way to add more of that into your life. A little activity there which you know that girl, Chelsea explains on I think I showed her to you. You are the one that introduced me to her, Yes, you are.
Speaker 3: I found her on b there in five.
Speaker 1: Okay, well she popped up with some hack. She's all about hacks, like everything's a hack, and she's like, and this is like a fun hack. She's like, it's something my friends and I used to do back in college when the nights were just mundane, like everything was starting to feel the same and we wanted to spice things up so they would be out. And they started playing instead of Truth or Dare Dare or Dare Stop It, Stop It?
Speaker 3: Did she really do this? Yeah, if my friends are listening, they're gonna freak out.
Speaker 1: Why did y'all play there or Dare?
Speaker 3: Because my favorite game is truth or Truth? Oh but man, my friends won't play it with me. I'm like, okay, guys, it's got time for truth or truth and They're like, we don't want to do the truth, and I'm like, okay, well then pick a truth. They don't want to do a truth, so I just play with myself, so.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's another way to do it. So there's truth or dare, and I guess there is an option of truth or truth.
Speaker 3: But nobody usually wants to do the dares.
Speaker 1: Well. She explained it like with when you're out with your friends, dare or dare is fun because there are rules around it, like you can't do something so ridiculous or something that is hurtful to anybody. It's supposed to be lighthearted and fun. Like a dare might be I dare you to walk up to that person and just give them a compliment, to be genuine, like oh, I really love your and that might be uncomfortable for someone to be like I love your shoes, or the next guy or girl that walks by you have to say, hey, love your outfit, or hey, so good to see you. But yeah, it's innocent but still spices things up and then sort of has a snowball effect like you never know where it's gonna lead, sort of like this activity, this check in, we don't know where it's gonna lead.
Speaker 3: I'll see if my friends will pay dare or dare. If you were to be playing truth or dare, what are you picking?
Speaker 1: What depends?
Speaker 3: I mean, sorry, if you're if you're playing truth ordare? Did I say dare?
Speaker 1: You don't say truth or dare? And I said it depends because I would with it. Maybe probably who I'm with, how comfortable I feel telling a truth to them, depending on what the question is going to be. And then I guess if the dare is safe, like it's just supposed to be a fun dare, I probably choose the dare because that might lead to more laughter and fun. And you know me, I'm a fun person.
Speaker 3: I'm on, we should have a dare dare Knight.
Speaker 1: Oh so this makes me think of something that could have been a dare.
Speaker 3: Oh so you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, the guy that came up to me, Okay, so I was out with my kids. We went to church and.
Speaker 3: Then we went to date.
Speaker 1: It could have been a dare or dare. Okay, because the way this happened, it was so bizarre.
Speaker 3: Because I'm with my kids.
Speaker 1: I could see him being around the corner with his buddy, I dare you to go up to her wall. She's with her kids, Like, how awkward that would that be? And he comes up and in front of the kids, gives me his card and says he doesn't know my situation. Obviously I don't have a wedding ring on. But he's like, I hope you call, and I just like took the cards off those I didn't know. I mean, he said something else, but I think I'm too embarrassed to say it.
Speaker 3: And he said it in front of you. No stop staring at you? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Why is that a lie?
Speaker 3: Is that a lie?
Speaker 1: Did your toxic boyfriend say that to you? No? Oh, but I'm with my son and daughter, which maybe he doesn't he didn't know they were my kids, but in front of my kids, hand me a card and say I couldn't stop looking at you inside.
Speaker 3: There, like wait, looking at you or staring at you?
Speaker 1: They feel looking Maybe we need to pull one of the kids in and ask I couldn't stop looking at him, you said staring because staring would sound creepy. He was like, I couldn't stop looking at you in there, like in the restaurant, And then so do you.
Speaker 3: Think he knew who you were, No, because he didn't know my name? What were you wearing?
Speaker 1: My church clothes? Very like like I'm going to describe it and you're be like, wow, what is your religion? It is a very long skirt with a white shirt and a cardigan over it, and my hair back in a bun like so and sandals. So yeah, my toes were showing. Yeah, but he didn't say like, he didn't say. He didn't say I couldn't stop looking at your feet.
Speaker 3: Well, that would be weird, I can.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he gave me a card.
Speaker 3: What did you feel like?
Speaker 1: Shocked that someone would do that in front of my kids?
Speaker 3: I don't think that's so he was shooting a shot. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think you shoot your shot in front of the kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do not know your situation.
Speaker 1: What if Stevensan's like, oh what if I was married? And she was like, ah, she's with my dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's okay, that's weird too. But when my friends just told me about a story where her brother saw somebody at like a deli of sorts and she he was with his kids, and she was with her kids and her family, and he wrote his number down and gave it to her and she called, Okay, well, he that's bold. I think it's it could be weird, but luckily well.
Speaker 1: Speaking of my kids' dads, I can't share this story exactly. This is not mine to tell. But my ex husband is dating somewhere around and they got together in a very interesting way. My ex husband is dating somewhere around and they got together in a very interesting way.
Speaker 3: Oh, like very I have to get this story, but it's so crazy. I guess I kind of did that too.
Speaker 1: You did, so hey, it's more of a coming come back.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait with us. So you felt shocked? Were you flattered? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I think anybody would be flattered by that. Unless now I'm thinking it was a dare or dare.
Speaker 3: What time of day was it was after church?
Speaker 1: Yes, so probably one o'clock. You know he's there, dare, dare with a friendly way, brave, But that could be a dare or dare to do do you see, like, if you're out with your friends and your single whatever, it's harmless, or if nobody's gonna get hurt, you'd be like, you have to go up to this guy and give him your business card and be like, but then they have your information, so that's dangerous.
Speaker 3: Fake one. Oh yeah, find somebody else's business card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then that's then they call that person.
Speaker 3: It's like, you give me your number, and they're like when I didn't, Oh yeah, that's good. Yeah. Wait, that'sn't mean. That's mean, don't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't have the card. Because then later I went and met up with my boyfriend and his family and my kids. We went celebrate and I was getting something out of my bag and I'd put the business card in my bag and I pulled it out. I mean, it was only a few hours later. I wasn't keeping it.
Speaker 3: Wait, you didn't say like, oh I'm seeing somebody. I did. I froze.
Speaker 1: I froze. I really didn't say anything. I just said oh. I kept looking at Stevens and Sashira and I looked at him and it happened so fast, and I was like okay, and I just put it in my bag and then we walked away. And then and when I walked away, I felt bad. I was like, oh my gosh, Like, why didn't I say I have a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Yelled back at him, I have a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I thought about that. I thought about that because we were walking away, and I was like, I feel bad, like I should.
Speaker 3: Have said that.
Speaker 1: And now when I tell Alex the story, he's like, well, what'd you say? And I would be like, I said nothing, And then he's going to be like, why wouldn't you say I have a boyfriend? And I was like, I don't know. I literally just froze.
Speaker 3: What'd your kids say?
Speaker 1: They were just like looking at me and they're like that was weird, Like they didn't they did not understand. They were like what So either his was dare or dare. But the cute part of this is so my husband shoot my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: We came to tally of how many times. That's only the second time, I know, But we haven't been doing this very long.
Speaker 1: Apparently if I do it, anywhere between eighteen and two hundred and fifty days to have it. But I that's only the second time that's ever happened. And we've been talking about my ex husband and my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: It happens, and it's a mistake. And my admirer at lunch, So your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend has kids and connecting with them, especially his daughter has been very important to me. Their mom passed away. She was the whole and very well, that was very close. They were all close to their mom, don't get me wrong, but she was older and closest and that was her mom. So also her being now much older and almost seventeen, like, it's not like she's ever going to have a step mom.
Speaker 3: Well she could, but I mean wouldn't be this.
Speaker 1: It's not the same type of relationship. I think as like the twelve year old who I never had, Like she's like to her her mom.
Speaker 3: She has a mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've had talks. I'm not trying to be that role, but I mean I want to be a bonus mom. Sure, however you want to look at it all. That's just part of the details in case we have any new listeners that know that that relationship is very important to me. But I've been careful with it and well I've even heard from other listeners that have been in my situation where it's like coming in as the next mom is a It's an interesting thing that you don't get until you are actually trying to do it, and we're not even engage so you're married. So I'm just clarifying that I'm around the kids enough. And I pulled out the business card at dinner and she was like, wait, what's this and I was like, oh, this guy gave it to me.
Speaker 3: It was so weird.
Speaker 1: So I told Alex the story because I wanted him to know, like, I'm not going to do anything.
Speaker 3: With it, but here it is.
Speaker 1: And she grabbed it and she ripped it up and she was like, you're not going to be needing that.
Speaker 3: And I just thought that that was so.
Speaker 1: Cute and it warmed yes of like, I like you for my dad and for our family, So I'm going to rip this up and so thank you for random guy.
Speaker 3: Well, if she was like you should call him, could.
Speaker 1: You imagine that would be a sign. That would be a sign of like, oh, you'll probably hold on to that. You could see a teenager that was really if they were really struggling and like didn't like you, they might be like, I wouldn't lose that, did you? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep it in a safe place.
Speaker 1: Give him a call. You're not for my dad, you know. But instead she ripped it up and she said you don't need this, and it made me very while the houner made me feel weird. Especially because I made it more weird walking away without saying I have a boyfriend. It was all worth it because I had that moment with her, which probably to her it was just like a silly you know, but it meant a lot to me, and maybe one day I'll get to share that with her. I don't think she's a listener.
Speaker 3: You never know. I don't. I don't think we have a lot of least teenagers say thank you to What did you say thank you to the guy?
Speaker 1: Honestly, we'd have to ask the kids, Like I think.
Speaker 3: I was just like, okay, talk to you later.
Speaker 1: I think what he said I could stop looking at. I was just like, oh.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know. It was just weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, are we still on your check in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, see you never know. Okay, come up and check ins. One thing I want to accomplish next month.
Speaker 3: Is can I do too? Do I permission to do too?
Speaker 1: You don't need permission.
Speaker 3: This is your game? Yeah, okay?
Speaker 1: Truth or truth? Dare or dare you do you?
Speaker 3: I am surprised I'm saying this because I like, this is your thing, and I've never really struggled with it. But I've been struggling drinking water, So I want to drink more water.
Speaker 1: It's my thing to struggle with water.
Speaker 3: It is your thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my identity. I struggle with water.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's one. But then more seriously, well, I guess that's serious. It's my health. You need water.
Speaker 1: I think you can live longer without food than you can without water. I'm just letting you know it is serious. Okay, water is serious, Like I think with water you need with how many days can you like three to five days without water? But you can go two weeks without food.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine not drinking anything for three I'm so thirsty right now talking about water.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty days without food you can go, but only three to five days no water.
Speaker 3: Questions that don't come up.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's just a thought.
Speaker 3: This is just a recommendation I want to throw out there before I forget. It has nothing to do with anything. Everybody should read The Winter Garden, speaking of food and water. It's a great book. It's by Chris and Hannah, so it's historical fiction. You'll learn a little bit and you'll cry a little bit. It takes a little bit to get into the book. My favorite book to this what I've ever read?
Speaker 1: Era of history? Or you said it's historical?
Speaker 3: What are we going to learn about a certain war? Which war it's in the book? Oh, you can't say.
Speaker 1: That's okay? I started Family of Liars and I was like, I can't tell you whose perspective it's from.
Speaker 3: That's a little different. I'm just like I learned so much.
Speaker 1: The Sister that got the Chin job, well, like probably World War two? No, no, World War one?
Speaker 3: No civil what is it? Christ and Hannah The Winter Garden. I will say. Second really good book by Kris Hannah is The Women, and that's about the Vietnam War. That is also really good. Okay, it's not a war, but it's like there's something going on historically.
Speaker 1: So the other yes, The Women, that is a very good book, and it isn't about Vietnam War.
Speaker 3: But this it's about a famine.
Speaker 1: Is good?
Speaker 3: Where were we? Sorry? As I.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna drink more water.
Speaker 3: And oh I want to answer people more timely.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, like I respond.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I will get an email or a text and I'll like, I'll answer this later and then it'll be a week later, and I'm like, oh my gosh, I meant to answer that, but then it feels too late to then answer them, because then it's like, oh, what do I say now? And so then I don't answer them, and then if I need to text them, then the last text is them asking me a question, and.
Speaker 1: Then you know, yeah, you know, I hit it. I know, I'm I want.
Speaker 3: To be better at getting the text and being like you can answer this now, you got it, and then doing it. Maybe that should be my affirmation. You can answer people right away you want to.
Speaker 1: You are capable when you want to.
Speaker 3: That's my problem. Okay, anyway, that's okay, we finished, Yeah, yay, we did the check in.
Speaker 1: So see, this is a simple activity, so good. I mean, it'll be an hour long meal around the table, especially you can only do with two people. If you do it with more people, just carve out the time. But also you could make it rapid fire. But some of these people need to think about.
Speaker 3: I think if you are in a family and you want to implement this in your family, one person gets to go at night.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, and we'll never.
Speaker 3: Do it again.
Speaker 1: On you go on Tuesday, and then Timmy, you go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, got it?
Speaker 1: Cool, Chase, do you want to do the check in? I mean not right now, but like not right now, but like do would you see yourself doing the check in? It's like a fun activity.
Speaker 3: He can't say no, well, yes he could, yeah, yeah he can. Used are another? Is there another question you would add to the check in? Or swap or maybe swap out like you can swap out some questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Check in dare are dare truth or truth wind? Where is Amy Bradley again? If you know anything called called yes called the FBI? Do you know back in the day? Well, I guess you saw this in the documentary Her family was on Doctor Phil. Yes, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Do you like Doctor Phil? I used to? That makes sense? Tracks?
Speaker 1: That tracks? Okay, all right, Well, we hope you're having the day the day you need to have.