Speaker 1: I miss a green, for example, I'm already upset. When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset. And when I find my ball in.
Speaker 2: A bride egg Frida egg, the dreaded Frida egg, Frida egg, fridagg Frida egg, bride egg lie, I'm about ready to run off the golf course. Welcome back to the Friday Golf Podcast. I am your host, Andy Johnson.
Speaker 1: Uh. Today I am joined by Joseph.
Speaker 2: Lamanna and we will be breaking down the big news in the golf world. This broke last week shortly after we released our podcast breaking down the US Open with Trevor Emmelman. The PGA Tour has announced a new competitive structure. So you might ask, what does that mean.
Speaker 1: You may have.
Speaker 2: Already, you know, known about this. You may have heard about this, but anyways, the PGA Tour will be kind of shaking up the structure of their tournaments really, I think formalizing the direction that they are going in. And these changes will be made for the twenty twenty eight season. So Joseph and I are going to bat around kind of the news of the month post US Open, which is going to be this new competitive structure for the PGA Tour, and we're going to talk about the things we really like about it, maybe some questions that we have. I think a big note here is that not everything has been finalized, but we have a lot to chew on here with what was announced by Brian Rollapp and Tiger Woods a couple a week ago, really a couple of days ago, a week go the announcement came out, So before we dive in and kind of talk and nitty gritty, I wanted to go through a quick rundown of everything that was announced so that everybody kind of jumps into this conversation with a understanding of what we're talking about. So this new competitive structure for the PGA Tour is a new two tier system, so there will be a top tier on the PGA Tour, And the way I would think about this is an expanded version of what they have right now with their signature events, these big, big time championships with the top players in the world.
Speaker 1: There will be.
Speaker 2: One hundred and thirty players eligible for the championship series. These will be the top one hundred and thirty players ideally in the professional game. Obviously there's some live considerations, but I think their goal is to generally get the top one hundred and thirty players. They'd expect a weekly field to be around one hundred and twenty players with a minimum of a twenty million dollar perse. It pays well right now to be a very good player. Important notes here, every tournament will have a cut to the top sixty five and ties. At these championship events they will be There will be no spots for alternates or sponsors exemptions. So if there's one hundred and thirty players exempt, one hundred and twenty two sign up.
Speaker 1: That's how many players are in the field.
Speaker 2: If there's one hundred and eighteen, they aren't going to try and add to get to one hundred and twenty. So this is going to be a very strict set of players that will be playing to retain their card. This series will be twenty three to twenty four events, and that includes the players the four majors, so already there you're down to nineteen and then the Ryder Cup or President's Cup. So the season will run from February to August and there will be roughly eighteen or seventeen PGA Tour Championship Series events. The players and the majors, So that will be what the calendar looks like. It'll be a sprint from February to August. Now, these guys what they will be playing for on the Championship Series. The big number here is roughly ninety. It sounds like the top ninety will retain their card for sure, like you will be You'll be gold if you finish in the top ninety of that one hundred and thirty player bracket, and there will be promotion, strict promotion and relegation. Like I said at the beginning, there are no sponsors exemptions. So if a player like you know who's been on the bubble in recent years, you know, you remember Justin Thomas falling short of the top seventy, Ricky Fowler.
Speaker 1: Missing the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So if you had a situation where a player of that ILK or a Tony fee Now or a Jordan Spieth fell outside the top ninety, if they don't qualify, and we'll get into how they could still earn their card. If they don't qualify, they are out. They will not be able to get into these Championship Series events, no matter how popular you are. Based off of the no exemption, the no sponsor exemption, no alternates kind of set up. So that top ninety is roughly the idea of the promotion relegation structure. Now let's talk about the promotion. The promotion will come from the Challenger Series, which we kind of laid out. I've heard numbers of that series that that player pool will roughly be around like one hundred and eighty two hundred players. These this tour will have roughly about twenty ish events, at least twenty events they said in the in the press release, with four million dollar minimum perses and fields of like one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Thirty two to one hundred and forty four players.
Speaker 2: Big thing with the Challenger Series, none of the players from the Championship Series can come down and play in the Challenger Series. With this Challenger Series, I believe there's no sponsors exemptions. So this is this subset of players is going to be playing to finish in the top twenty, and if you're in the top twenty, you get promoted up to the Championship Series. These events obviously will have a full will have cuts, and really that's kind of the way this is going to work. One of the big pieces of this before we get to the postseason and what that will look like.
Speaker 1: One of the big pieces of this is the PGA Tour.
Speaker 2: Is kind of getting out of the way of the fall, and it seems like it's going to be heavy on the DP World Tour where they I think the plan is to have some really pre eminent national opens in that period of time, think Irish Open, stuff like that Australian Open. Obviously, there was news a couple of weeks ago that the tour is investing more in that.
Speaker 1: With this fall period.
Speaker 2: Where you're playing on the DP World Tour, there will be a last Chance series where these elevated international events will you know, have a set of cards with this Also, i'd imagine that the DP World Tour right now they get ten cards to the PGA Tour, a subset of those cards are going to go to this championship series. Surely, Likewise, the PGA Tour U pathway will likely have a way up or way down. So that's kind of the nuts and bolts. I think the big other aspect of this is the playoffs. So they're envisioning from what I've heard, a Giant Tour championship season, regular season finale. This is where there will be this like harsh relegation and this idea of like we're sending these people will not be playing on this championship series anymore. On top of that, they will be playing to earn a spot in the playoffs. I think this is when one of the bigger failures of the PGA Tour over the last twenty years has been to establish a really exciting playoffs. From what I've gathered, the playoff structural likely will look like a thirty two man playoff with round one which will be like a tournament determining a final group of sixteen that will play in a match play made for TV event where I think no ropes, no fans, and the idea is to get a great venue to host this event with just sixteen guys and no infrastructure really.
Speaker 1: Needed to host.
Speaker 2: So ESPN had a report that Pine Valley, Cypress, and Seminole where the ideas floated. I think that's a little far fetched out of the gate, but I think if they build something compelling enough, there's gonna be a lot of clubs that are banging on the door to host this. How they would get to the third to the sixteen would be the top thirty two in the FedEx Cup, playing a kind of a World Cup Series match play event whereas groups of four and an players get out of those those groups of four two players per per group to round out the sixteen. Obviously, none of that was announced. That's just kind of the scuttle But around what people are talking about, I think, like when you start to think about venues, I think that a big piece of this whole change is going to be the PGA Tours venue strategy. I believe just in talking to a lot of people around the PGA Tour, they are going to be putting a heavy emphasis on getting better venues for these big tournaments, this championship series events. And you know, either they've made a big commitment to big cities. You know, some of the cities they've floated that don't have that regular championship are the likes of Philadelphia, Washington, d C, Boston, New York, Nashville. So where would they go there really looking at like some of the bigger cities. I believe there's a full time Chicago event in the works. We'll see where that ends up. I would I would say, if I was a betting man, I'd be looking at Olympia Fields and Conboy Farms as kind of the two big venues that are likely to want to host the PGA Tour regularly. Madina Number three is the other one. The President's Cup host this September. They have a BMW slated for twenty thirty, so they will likely be a part of it, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Long term.
Speaker 2: I think they are really looking for major championships there, So that is a little lowdown on what they're looking at if you start to think about these bigger time venues for these regular events. Cobbs Creek in Philadelphia is a public golf course we did podcasts on years ago that's being renovated right now by Gil Hanson Jim Wagner. That was one of the greatest public golf courses ever built. It looks like it is going to be restored to its kind of glory, and I think it's it's being kind of purpose built for a regular Philadelphia event. I think when you look at Boston, it gets a little bit tougher. Brookline is not going to be hosting, but you're probably gonna see TPC Boston, you know. I think that Joseph and I touch on this in our conversation, it is so hard to find places that are really willing to host the PGA Tour on a annual basis. You're basically in these cities committing to your summer, the golf course being you know, basically a construction site all summer. Then when they take down the stands, it never playing the way it should, So, you know, I don't know how they're going to attract great you know, for these regular events, great venues to host on a regular basis, So that's gonna be hard. A couple other little housekeeping and I hope I didn't really miss anything.
Speaker 1: I think this should give you the nuts and bolts.
Speaker 2: Brian roll App will be the the commissioner January one, succeeding j Onahan and Roy McIlroy, who said he called these glorified corn Faery Tour The the Challenger Series event has publicly backed the project. I think Rory was pretty spot on with this characterization. You know, the corn Fairy Tour was the place to earn your card on the highest tour in the in the world. This championship series is going to be the most sought after card and professional golf in the Challenger Series is where you earn it. I think the big piece here is that that Challenger series, you're going to be able to make a good living on that series. And that's the big difference between the corn Fairy and that. If your player number sixty on the corn Fairy Tour, you're a great, great player, but you're not going to be able to make it living with four million dollars. Persons, if you're sixtieth on the money list, you're not really close to earning your card, You're not really close to any relegation.
Speaker 1: You're a really good player.
Speaker 2: This is going to give you a really good place to live and kind of grow your game and improve. So I think overall that these are great changes, and Joseph and I will dive in more to them in just a second, but first let's talk about our partner. Today's episode is brought to you by the Golf Course Superintendent's Association of America. The GCSAA supports more than twenty one thousand members worldwide, from superintendents to equipment managers to students and educators. Celebrating against one hundredth anniversary this year, the GCSAA continues to ensure that its members are on the forefront of research, education, innovation, and advocacy through a range of pros and services. Its mission is to service members advance their profession and improve communities through the enjoyment, growth, and vitality of the game of golf. Learn more about how the GCSAA is keeping the game on course for the next one hundred years at GCSAA dot org. Hey, that's a great organization doing great things for really the lifeblood of golf, the guys that maintain and prepare and take care of the great golf courses far and wide, whether it's the munis that kids today are growing up and learning how to play on, or the people that are out maintaining the best championship golf courses in the world. GCSAA does a great job supporting superintendents all over the place. All right, let's get to Joseph Lebania. All right, Joseph, welcome on and big news. We've talked about PGA Tour structure, me and you on this podcast for years. Last week, the PGA Tour announced and established their new competitive structure with a two model system, the Championship and the Challenger series that is set to debut in twenty twenty eight. What was you know, if you had to boil down to one big takeaway on it one kind of like your initial thought if you could take us to when the announcement was happened. What was your gut reaction to the announcement from Brian Rolapp in the PGA Tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Andy, thanks for having me. We have been you and I have been having this conversation on this podcast for about five years, maybe once or twice a year. What should the PGA tour schedule look like? What should the points system look like? So my gut reaction was sort of finally, like, finally we reached the rational end point of if you took these ideas that the PGA Tour was kind of toying with, and then somebody came in with a fresh perspective and Brian Rollapp, this was the direction that you ultimately needed to go. And it's a clean break between these two tours. No more of this tour within a tour, and like you know, some events are worth X number of points, the weaker ones are worth why number of points? Now we have a clean break the Top Tour and the second tour. But the Top Tour we're back to full fields, which I think everybody wanted. We're back to having cut lines, and I actually do think though, you know, we'll get into some of the cons I think the way that mobility is going to work, I'm just on board largely with a lot of this solution still have question marks, but I think for the first time we might get a cool tour championship, which I'm sure you and I will get into. An overall, Brian Rolapp has moved the tour in the right direction under this new structure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would echo your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I think, like when when this got announced, my my gut reaction was this is unequivocally good for the PGA Tour. This is a good setup and a good direction for the PGA Tour. I think it's rooted in some things that are really important. They have talked about meritocracy for so long, but there were so many tack ons and and I think the way that I would I would best describe kind of the way the PGA Tour got to this point is they had, you know, there there was this you know tour that was created that was like they inherited a bunch of tournaments and assemble the tour, and it was done and as it grew, as it grew and became more popular. Similarly, like this house, a house getting built was built and then you know, as as the time goes on, you do these different things and you add these features, and all of a sudden, your house becomes somewhat unrecognizable from where you started because you've added on things with no cohesive thought. And the tour you know, well, like, hey, they have delivered good professional golf for a number of years, it had become kind of unrecognizable and had a lot of things that didn't work together. To me, my big takeaway is that they have kind of gone back to being rooted in meritocracy and competition, and I think from what they're trying to do, the structure is very clean. It's going to be really easy to understand for fans, like you're up here if you do this, you're down here if you don't, and to get up there, you have to do this. Like I think it's going to be easier to understand. And at the end of the day, they have created a framework where they can be set up for success for the next fifty years. And I don't necessarily think they were there five years ago when they kind of ran into this issue with Live that seems to be fading away, but that the tour was not set up for modern sports, and today it feels like with twenty twenty eight, you know, two years away, it feels way more set up for the modern sports landscape.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth zooming out for one second. And this is the same stuff that you and I have talked about again for five years. I would argue that if you go to first principles, and I'm sure this is the way that Brian Rolapp was thinking about this coming from the NFL, you need to have a season ending championship that people care about, and you need to have a point system that is not flawed to have any semblance of a tour that works. If you don't have those two things, there are leaks in the system that, like you said, the pieces don't fit together. And I think why it's important is you need to be telling a story to your players of why they should show up to certain events. And if you forty events, it is not possible to play in every single tournament. And and then when that happens, and guys, you know Sung Jay, you know somewhat famously would play like thirty thirty two events. Know, he's got a bunch of FedEx cut points, and you're comparing that to somebody who's played in twenty four events. But then you're trying to tell me that at East Lake, this tournament matters and this is to crown the season ending champion. It just doesn't quite work. And so I think to the people who would say, well, what was even wrong with the tour before Live came along, I think they're really misremembering a lot of the flaws in the system. Between like twenty nineteen and twenty eighteen, there were so many of these stale events that people weren't interested in watching, sponsors that weren't necessarily happy. You look at what happened with the Honda Classic, and you know, Rocket Mortgage is pulling out after this year. That's a new You could argue that that's a consequence of the non signature versus signature model, but those types of issues were already broiling well before any of this was announced. So I just think there's some revisionist history around the flaws of the p Tour over the last ten years. And Andy the other point, I would make is This is not unique to golf. This same issue is happening kind of simultaneously in the NBA. And as we've seen money go way up in sports and speed go way up in sports, and the tour become a more professionalized operation, it's just not possible to play the schedule that back in the nineties guys might have played and might have needed to play because they were trying to make money every week. And now you guys don't have to play every week, They're playing at higher speeds, there's a lot more cost involved with traveling and bringing their full teams, Like it just wasn't realistic to have a tour of thirty five forty events. And you're again seeing the same thing with the NBA where they have too many games. Eighty two games is too many. And at the same time as golf is, you know, trying to figure out what the ideal model is, the NBA is doing the same thing. I think over the next five to ten years, the NBA will probably reduce its schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think, like you what your point too is like everybody you know, and I think this, you know, not to take this on a tangent, but like everybody is like struggling with the new US Open, and it's like, it's not my father's US Open. Just generally society is resistant to change. It's like you want it to be what you remembered. But I do think it was really important for the PGA Tour to evolve. And I think like if you wanted to point to like why did they why did they have to evolve?
Speaker 1: Why? Why did they have to evolve?
Speaker 2: Is if you look at the sport of golf, is the golf the most valuable properties.
Speaker 1: Unlike every other.
Speaker 2: Sports league, the most valuable properties in golf, the PGA Tour does not own. The most valuable properties are, in no particular order, the Masters, the PGA Championship, the Ryder Cup, the US Open, and the Open Championship. Those are the most valuable properties. A new coming property that I think is becoming more and more valuable in golf is the Olympics. So the PGA Tour owns none of those. And you know, when you think about why they started the playoffs in the first place, in the mid two thousands, so this is twenty years ago, they started the playoffs as a reason to try and and create one of the more valuable properties in golf. Why they started the President's Cup in the nine or in the nineties, I believe was a way to create a valuable property in golf. The WGCs they created to try and get earn these valuable golf properties that can man higher sponsorship values that can then like you know, draw huge TV ratings and really float the whole boat. This is why they have done all these things, and frankly, none of them have worked.
Speaker 1: None of them have worked.
Speaker 2: And at a certain point, you know, it's not the concept of the event. You have to look at the overarching system. And I think this is what what has happened. And it's in large part thanks to Live. The push of Live as a disruptor and a challenger to the PGA Tour finally pushed the tour to get to this moment, to reevaluate their competitive structure and say, okay, how and I don't you know, like listen, I don't I'm under no certain like thought that hey, all of a sudden, the Travelers Championship is going to unseat the US Open as the most important golf event, you know, in June.
Speaker 1: I'm not under any delusional.
Speaker 2: Expectations of that. But I think the structure that they have created with the very strict relegation and promotion, the very strict relegation, the no more sponsor handouts, these type of things are going to greatly increase the competitive integrity of the sport. And when you do that, is the Travelers going to become more important than the US Open?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But is it going to become more important than it is today? Absolutely? Yes.
Speaker 2: So if you raise the bar of the importance of all of your events in terms of the greater golf landscape, you are going to inch all of those events closer to the level of majors. Are they like close at all? No, But they're closer, And thus you've raised the value of all these events. And furthermore, the real, real opportunity, I think lies in the Tour Championship and what they can do there. And that's the opportunity. Like I had spoken to me by someone that was like kind of privy to a lot of the information that they stated that, Hey, our idea is that all of these all these events are going to be like major championships. I don't believe that all the regular Championship Series events are not going to be like majors. I'm sorry, they just aren't. But if you can get a couple of them to elevate significantly from where they are, and I think like the easy ones to look at are this season ending championship where the relegation happens. That's going to be musty TV for golf fans, and then the events right after that, those are your real opportunities.
Speaker 1: And then the continued ascension of the players.
Speaker 3: Well, first, yeah, do I think the Travelers and events like it are going to ultimately become more like majors? No, But the no cut events were not working. I don't think anybody was satisfied with watching no cut events. So simply expanding the fields and having a cut those those events will already rise in stature. But to your point, the key to all of this is the Tour Championship, where and that the Tour Championship suddenly becomes this really incredible spectacle that guys care about winning, that fans care about watching, which, frankly, it's not a high bar to exceed what we currently have where I think basically now nobody cares about the Tour Championship. I don't think anybody's satisfied, the players, sponsors, networks, certainly fans. Let's just say, Andy, it becomes awesome, and I don't know how many guys you know. I think you've said maybe it'll be thirty two, but let's say it's sixteen whatever. It's going to be really important if it's a great tournament for those golfers to be one of those top however many guys, and then that works backwards, that informs your schedule. If you're forty fifth in the standings, now there's more urgency around. I need to play in these tournaments and I need to play well because I want to get into the tour Championship. And then and the other part of this that we haven't really hit on is I think this is way better for up and coming players because right now a huge issue that doesn't get enough probably airwave, is if you're like a top let's say you're KFT guy who gets onto the PGA Tour. Now with this non signature signature model that we currently have, your starts aren't guaranteed, and these guys have a lot of weeks they're going by where they have nowhere to play, and then you get sponsor exemptions. Like you know, we've highlighted some high profile ones in signature events. These guys have a baked in massive advantage in keeping their tour cards. But under the new system, if you're one of these guys that qualifies either through this Challenger series or you know, we'll see how they iron out some of the exemption criteria. That's still a TVD. But let's say you're one of the top twenty guys that gets promoted. You now have a full schedule the next season, the same schedule as Scotti Scheffler, the same schedule as Rory McElroy. You have an equal chance to keep your tour card and that is a massive, massive step in the right direction for some of this up and coming talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the in between stuff with the tour was like the real issue with the current system is I you know, you have this great moment. You know, you think about the example you use of a corn fairy tour, like a player earning their card. Imagine you know, you're twenty five year old who's worked the last three years your tail off to get to the PGA Tour card PGA Tour, and you get your card and you're so excited and then it's like, Okay, welcome to the tour. You get to play once in the first six events, and this was like a reality the last few years of of the of these young players is like, oh, I don't even know when when I can play. And the issue is like you can't then just go down and play corn Fairy Tour events. You know, you can't there there's no way up in between. And I think this is like a really wonderful aspect of the of the new structure is how clean it is. You're up here, you're down here, and and that's the way it works, and and you know, I think it provides more clarity to the Corn Fairy Tour. You're getting a card that goes to this the PGA Tour Challenger Series, and you're at that point you're one of the two hundred and fifty three hundred best players in the world, and you're going to be able to like I think like where the tour really was struggling to with, like the you kind of promise to players. You had the PGA Tour, which was roughly two hundred and twenty players, and if you're up there, you had no unless you're a top sixty player, you had no like expectation of like when I get to work, So I don't know when I'm really going to get to work and where I'm going to get to work, but I'm going to earn a living if I'm on the PGA Tour. If you're on the corn Faery Tour, which is at this point the pre eminent feeder tour to the top tour, if you're the fiftieth ranked player on the corn Faery Tour, you are not going to be able to make a living, and they they have forever been. You know, the kind of theory behind it is like you don't earn a living if you're on the corn Faery Tour.
Speaker 1: We do not want that to be a destination tour.
Speaker 2: I think what works really well with the new system is you have this clear demarcation of one hundred and twenty players. It's one hundred and thirty players that are going to be on the Championship Tour. These are going to be one hundred and thirty best golfers in the world, minus the few live players that would fall into that bucket. From there, that tour below is going to be the clear place to work your way to that top tier tour and with persons in like that four million dollar mark, you're going to make a living there. If you're a good player there, you are going to be able to continue to pursue your professional golf dreams from that tour and invest in yourself. You're going to be able to hire a team. If you're a corn fairy Tour player and you want to approach golf the way a PGA Tour player is approach golf, and you're not one of the top twenty five thirty guys, you're going to hemorrhage money. And I think this is the beauty of this system is that you're going to have like they have actually expanded the number of people who can make a living playing professional golf with the PGA Tour, and I think overall for the golf ecosystem, that is a really good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was looking at it this morning. I think it's it's somewhere around having in front of me one hundred and eighty guys so far this year who who have had five or more starts on the PGA Tour, not including majors, Like that number is gonna go up because you're gonna be spreading out, all right, there's gonna be you know not, there's gonna be bigger fields. So that's more opportunities. And then these guys who are getting blocked right now not having as many opportunities to get starts there, they're all all of a sudden gonna have more clarity around their schedules. And Andy I wrote about this for the Friday newsletter. But I think that the poster child of who this system is currently failing, or one of them, is to hian Yellamraju, who did exactly what you described. He worked his way up through the corn Ferry Tour. This guy's been grinding for years in mini tours Canada, turns pro at nineteen, then he plays two years on the corn Ferry Tour, gets his PGA Tour card and plays well. He's been playing well this year. He finished top ten at the Players. He's having a pretty good year. I'm not saying this is one of the best players in the world, but he did exactly what he's supposed to do as a developmental tour player, comes up, gets his tour card and now he a lot of weeks he doesn't have anywhere to play in this past week at the Travelers Championship. You know, Sadarshan enters. I think he's forty six than the FedEx Cup standings first alternate some other guys who are you know, higher profile names, Tony Finow, Jordan Spief. They get sponsor exemptions. Sadarsian's having a much better season than those two guys, are you know, by any any metric you want to look at. Sadarsian's playing better, But they get this free attempt at FedEx Cup points and a better ability to keep their card. They're making money for that start there, getting valuable reps in that Sedarsian needs. Is it you know, I don't know, you want to boil the whole case down to one name like that. But this new system will serve Sedarshan better because now when he finishes and he's exempt onto this top championship series, he gets a whole schedule in front of him, and it is it is really important that those guys get reps, they get dollars, they get all the perks that are involved in being on the championship series, and they were being failed by the current system. So I think you look at a case like that and it's pretty easy to understand why the PGA Tour had a problem on its hands and how this solution is a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Let's talk a little bit about the Tour Championship. I think this is kind of the shiny carrot that has drawn a lot of the discourse since this announcement. From what I gather, the kind of general idea that they're working off of right now is thirty two players will make the Tour Championship, and it will be a two week final playoff system effectively, and the first week will be World Cup style pool play four players, eight groups, two players advancing to a sixteen person bracket at a great golf facility where they'll play match play throughout to crown a PGA Tour season champion.
Speaker 3: Sorry, how do you think? How do you think the first week works? It's like round robin match play and the top two earners come out of it. Is that what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: I think that's from what I've gathered from a few people, is kind of what's been floating around. Is the general working idea is that it would be like a lot like the World Cup right now, which going through pool stage where it's like, okay, we have eight groups of four for the thirty two and the top two players from each pool will come out into a group of sixteen match play. You know, obviously this can change. This was not part of the announcement. This is kind of just the scuttle butt just in general, a real quick before we get into this, like before we get into the thoughts. A big part of I think the emphasis of this new tour structure is going to be around, especially at the championship level, getting the best players in the world playing the best possible venues. The regular venues are going to be, you know, where they can where you can host big, big professional golf tournaments. So thenk courses that have the infrastructure for grandstands like your typical PGA Tour, big time event. This series is much more like we want to make this for TV. This is not a for on site spectator product. This is a made for TV product. So think about more intimate maybe situations where you don't have any infrastructure built out other than TV, no grandstands, no ropes, kind of set up where you know the venues are really you open yourself up way more to venues and one of the ideas with match play is that maybe you're able to entice some great golf courses because they aren't worried about the tour pros coming out and shooting, hanging in a bunch of low sixties numbers and them getting Craig ranched.
Speaker 1: You know where. Oh, this isn't testing.
Speaker 2: Match play allows for you know, Hey, if I just go out and watch a ten birdie versus eight birdie match between Scottie Scheffler and Sam Burns, I'm thrilled. That was one of the coolest matches I'm not thinking about. They probably both shot sixty two. This golf course can't hold up type thing. So that's the idea, the working idea that I've heard from a few people about the Tour Championship or the playoff format. I keep saying Tour champion the playoff format. What are your your general you know thoughts of that idea?
Speaker 3: Very positive, Andy, I think, especially given how much of an emphasis our company it tends to have on venues and golf courses. We often go through the exercise of you know where, would you like to see this professional golf event stage or a rider future Rider Cup future US opens that don't have the US Open on the books, And every time we go through that exercise, it's like, there's nowhere you can go that it has the tournament infrastructure, like to have all of the things required to host a tournament. Every time I go through that exercise, I kind of throw my hands in the air and it's like, I don't know where they can go that that doesn't currently exist, which I guess. Then you land on, well they should build more venues, which I do still believe, but what you're describing, it's like, well, now we can open up a bunch of potentially prestigious venues if we don't have to have that tournament infrastructure. You don't have to have a driving range that has one hundred bays and is three hundred and fifty yards long, and you know, room for a bunch of grand stands that doesn't completely compromise the golf course. So I'm cautiously optimistic. I do think one part of this that maybe wasn't part of the plan or hasn't been discussed, is do you build in any kind of advantage for the top players. I'm fascinated to see if the tour does that, because pretty much every sport, like there is an advantage to finishing first in the standings like NFL as home court or home field, NBAS home court. I do wonder if the if the PGA Tour is going to try to adopt anything like that. I actually think they should. I don't know what that solution would be, whether you give the guys like a half a shot advantage in the match play or something, but I worry a little bit that we're going to get super fired up about match play and then given the high variance nature of the format, like the seventeen seed versus the thirty first seed is in the finals and we're kind of like, well, congrats on the new format, but this isn't what fans really envisioned. I do think there should be probably some kind of built in advantage for the top guys, but you know, like people have said that match play that's part of the spirit of the sport. You're not always going to get the top guys. But yeah, Obron very excited. I just think there are some details that need to be ironed out.
Speaker 2: I always am amazed when you look at, you know, the FedEx Cup standings, we get beat over the head with them as golf fans just just smashed over the head from Week one of PGA Tour Golf. I am always kind of amazed though, when you look at it at the end of the year how it shakes out and you're like, oh, you know, the top thirty they it was right, like those were the thirty best players.
Speaker 1: I do see.
Speaker 2: What you're saying, though, is like what a nightmare would be on It's not a nightmare, but you know, worst case scenario, you get a you know, a final match of for the you know playoffs of Chris right Tan versus Alex Smalley, you know, du which could absolutely happen, you know, and that right now, as it stands today, would be sixteen versus twenty one.
Speaker 1: I think it's you know, like the thing about match play, right is like anything happen.
Speaker 2: I always found it humorous when we had the match Play tournament, you know that you had this like, oh, like the sixty four seed beat the number one seed. How crazy is that. It's like, well, it's not crazy at all, you know. This is like, this is not like the SCAA tournament. This is you know, there's such a marginal difference between their talent level and what golf, thrives on is that over the course of four round championship golf of twenty events a year, so you're talking over eighty rounds of golf. This is how it eventually shakes out as to who the best players are. And the margin on a per round basis is so small, but in the totality, much like baseball, of this long season, the difference becomes like very evident.
Speaker 1: So when you boil.
Speaker 2: It down to a single match, it is very, very very like the variance. You could put some college kids in there and there'd be a potential for like, you know, the number two guy on LSU to beat Scotti Scheffler on a given day. Is that it's not like a lot of other sports in that sense.
Speaker 3: And the other piece that I'm sure Brian Rolapp is thinking about is if you could build in just a small advantage for the top guys, it would make them. It would incentivize them to show up to your other events and care about them. Right now, like Rory McRoy has played, Andy knew how many non majors Andy that Rory has played in this PGA Tour schedule five six, He's played six times this PGA tour season, and he you know, he can roll out of bed and make it into the top six or four of the FedEx Cup no matter how many events he plays. But you do want to get those top guys caring about being a top four seed or a top eight seed. So I am fascinated to see if they build in some kind of advantage. Yes, match play, you know who cares if it's twelve or seventeen. That's the nature of match play. Sure, but I think there would be some additional benefits from naturally incentivizing these guys to show up during the season if you build in some little advantage to the top players. But maybe they won't even do that, and they'll just say, hey, if you're in the top thirty two, you have an equal chance. We'll see how it shakes out.
Speaker 2: I think i'd be okay with either one. And I think like the thing too here that I think is important. Everybody's going to expect this thing to be a home run right away, but they're introducing this new whole format they need to be and I think they will be like open to making tweaks as you go along. One thing, I'd be curious your thoughts on are what if the advantage of say finishing in the top eight was that you get a guaranteed admittance to the finals where you're a top eight seed, you're one of the top eight seeds, and then everybody playing in is playing. There's only eight spots. You have to win your stage to get out.
Speaker 3: You know, sure, right, there's fives in the NFL for being one of the top seeds and you get an extra week of rest. If that's the direction they choose to go, I'd be completely fine with that.
Speaker 1: That's just generally a thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you know, this is a this is a wonderful, wonderful opportunity because you know, you get some sort of and listen, like ESPN had floated, they've since pulled it out of the story that that it was like Pine Valley Cypher's point potential for this final event.
Speaker 1: I think that's a little pie in the sky.
Speaker 2: I'm just like I would just generally say that, like you're long established USGA venues, your Shinnecocks of the world, your Pebbles, your I mean Pebble obviously has a pghur event, but your Pinehurst, those are probably going to be off the table because the USGA is going to say, we don't want this to be similar to a championship that we're hosting. I would be looking at, like, what are the best golf courses that don't host USGA events as my list of like these are the ones that we should go, we should be targeting to go. I saw Seminole was floated. I don't think that's going to work in August, South Florida, but maybe it will. So that would be just generally, So that's the general structure.
Speaker 1: As you've looked at it.
Speaker 2: What are some kind of red flags of this system that you've identified things that hey, like I might like to see this or that be different.
Speaker 3: I think they're a decent number of them, and there's small details, but the small details really matter in a system like this. So I think the biggest the biggest piece of blowback you're probably gonna get is the lack of mid season promotion and that if you are on track to this Challenger Series, it is very difficult to make your way up to Track one in the middle of the season, and so you have the potential of guys getting stuck. You have to win twice in the Challenger Series to move up or win a major championship, And I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilit that we basically never see that that that might happen like once every ten years where somebody from the Challenger Series wins twice in a season and moves up or wins a major championship. So I think that's some blowback you'll get. My counter would be, well, at least at the end of that year, then the next year they have the full schedule. They're fully exempt onto the top series, the Championship Series, which is not the way it works now, as we've already talked about, Like now you could do really well on track two, and you're playing with a massive disadvantage once you get up to the next level because y' all these limited starts. So that's one big piece of blowback I think you'll get. I'm a little worried about this idea of abandoning some of these small markets and going to these big markets and the gamble that that is. I think some of these small markets have served the tour pretty well, and we have seen when you go to big markets sometimes that the fans don't necessarily show up, and so I wonder about a venue like Colonial, is that done? Is if it's not a top tier event, is it? Do they even want to be a second tier event? And you know what elements of the PGA Tours history are they potentially abandoning that was working really well. I have some concern about that. And then I guess the other piece would be that, you know, we're talking about ninety guys keeping their card from the Championship Series and twenty getting promoted from that second tier, which leaves about twenty spots to figure out of who else is exempt. And I think that's going to be really hard to figure out exactly where those twenty spots get allocated. DP World Tour guys, PGA Tour you guys, you know medical exemptions. How that twenty gets filled out is a really big deal, and I would I would really want to make sure that we don't start capping opportunities for guys like on PGA Tour you, because I think you want to get them up as fast as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I to the last point. The devil is definitely going to be in the details of how they shake this, shake this whole thing out. And obviously the stakes are so high you're talking about. You're playing on the top tour for twenty plus million perses and you're gonna, you know, like you're going to play for a lot of money every week. If you get bumped down, you're playing for a fifth at least a fifth of the money right when you get bumped down.
Speaker 1: I think, like, you know, figuring out.
Speaker 2: How all of it works, Like there's got to be a dp World Tour carve out where if you finish, you know, in the top five or whatever it is, you get bumped up. Yes, there has to be some threshold of PGA Tour you and I think they can probably easily do that based off of accumulating an x number of points. The way that it works right now is like qualification points is how Jackson Coyven earned his card early. Like there has to be a point threshold. Just because you finished number one doesn't mean you get a card. You have to achieve x number to reach this high level of golf. Otherwise you go into this challenger circuit. For the way they do it, I think like five spots should go into the challengers right now.
Speaker 1: The top five, you.
Speaker 2: Know, number one goes to the PGA Tour for two through five go to the corn Ferry Tour like I would.
Speaker 3: I like to so, But like Bench, these guys turn pro in the summer, in the middle of the season. So what would you do, Like with Ben James, for example, Andy, would you give him because he's gonna be a huge disadvantage if he just comes out into the Championship Series halfway through the season. How would you figure that out?
Speaker 1: So I would.
Speaker 2: I would figure it out in the sense of, like, the only people that earn the Championship Series are they cleared this threshold, and it could be it could be six players if they clear this high threshold of like you're an all time college player, we're going to bump you straight up to the Championship Series. It could be zero, it could be five, it could be six, whatever, whatever clear that threshold, they get a come up and then they get in an additional year. Is the way I would I would set it up. They're effectively like an add on a bolt on to the tour for that half.
Speaker 3: Year and then in full next year's status exactly.
Speaker 2: And then for for the other people that then qualify tip their typical PJ tour you route, I would send them straight to the Challenger tour and they get that same year and a half effectively like, hey, you could go down there and kill it and earn your card, you know, you earn your high card or you but at worst case you're here for the next year. But then I think, like the big issue here is the medical thing. Yeah, this, this is gonna be the hardest thing to figure out. And I know that this is not the most you know, fun, It's not gonna you know, draw millions of eyeballs. But holy cal you are asking for uh, you know, fake dives here, like you are asking for you know what I've had, Like my shoulders kind of bugging me, and I got off to bad, you know, the first the first five starts were bad. And I know, I'm I'm lost right now. I'm just I'm just gonna sit out the rest of the year. I'm gonna get my shoulder done and then I'm going to work out and I and I'm going to get out of this funk. Like this is is going to be screaming the tour in their face.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, with the with the setup.
Speaker 2: Of tour players as individual contract independent contractors, I don't know how you how you've solved this.
Speaker 3: It's a hard issue. I can't wait for the fake injury discussions. Yeah, the withdrawals that are a little suspect. I don't know, Andy, I don't know how many spots they're going to allocate for this. But it's it's a very serious challenge. And you think about somebody like will z au Taurus or Justin Thomas, guys who you would say, hey, if they're healthy like they do, they clearly should be on that top circuit. But like when their injuries happen matters, And if it's halfway through the season, this is going to be a very complicated puzzle to solve and it will be a controversial one because the stakes are pretty high.
Speaker 2: Also, like, okay, let's just use it JT as an example. He got the back the micro disectomy. Let's just say he's he's three quarters of the way through the year and it's a big problem. He has to go on the shelf and he is on his way to earn his status, but because he had to take the last six events off, he ends up falling you know one, you know whatever, one, o, two or whatever the number is, and he does he loses his car technically loses his card, but he gets these rehab starts, like he gets the starts that he missed to earn the points, like as they do.
Speaker 1: It now, Like where do where do you go to get ramped up?
Speaker 2: Like if you have to take a year off, like you're okay, Like I I need to get like back. Like if you're a pitcher that's hurt in the Major League Baseball, you go down to Triple A and you throw some starts down there before you come up to the big league.
Speaker 1: Like there is a whole box of worms. I am not envious at all.
Speaker 2: I think this is the honestly, of all the issues, this is the most difficult one to figure out.
Speaker 3: It is, And right now, the PGA Tour in the signature event model sort of has this catch all. If you're in the top thirty of the official World Golf rankings and you're not already exempt, then you're in. And that kind of solves some of these issues where, yeah, if you're clearly one of the best players, you have a great finish in a major and for whatever reason you weren't in signature events, now you're in. This looks like a total decoupling from any kind of OWGR criteria. So that's not going to be the way to get some of these guys in who you're going to have to have a sound medical policy and that's going to be very difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's made more difficult because they're independent contractors. Yeah, like way more difficult because there's all sorts of loss and legal things that you jump into because they're.
Speaker 1: Contractors and not it's going to be great. It is.
Speaker 2: It is actually incredible for us in the content industry.
Speaker 1: Let's just take a.
Speaker 2: Quick break and talk about our first Friday golf event at Pasa Tiempo, which is later this month. We have a few spots remaining. I think this is a small handful, but it's an opportunity to see one of the best golf courses in the world. So come play twenty seven holes at the Alsir McKenzie design, which was run in valued by Jim Urbina in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, and it's a great opportunity to make a trip of it. The giants are playing both before and after at one of the best ballparks in the world, and you can add rounds at Pacific Grove Poppy Hills or the Pebble Beach courses or the San Francisco courses. This is a great one to bring your partner, whether it's a mister or missus who enjoys food and wine. You can also visit Big Sur in the central California coast of wineries, or go up north the NAPA or Sonoma. The World's your oyster there. I would wouldn't sleep on Marin. That's a great place to visit too. You can find out more information at Thefrida egg dot com slash events.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get to.
Speaker 2: Your point about promotion relegation midseason, and this would be like if I was going to point out, like my number one issue with this system, I think this is it.
Speaker 1: You know, I just.
Speaker 2: You know, by setting and this is a tricky thing, but like by setting a number, okay, you have to win twice and you get up, or you win a major and you get up, you're you're kind of missing the point of golf. Like in a way, like Scotty's the perfect encapsulation of this. Right now as we speak, he's one once, but he's by far and away clearly the best golfer in the world. You know if if you place Scotty down on the Challenge Tour and he had the same resume of you know, if you go through Scotty, Scotty's Scotty's you know results this year it's just basically a mirror out a single win and a myriad of top three or four finishes, like just over and over, like if I if I just run down, I'm just gonna run down it real quick. He won his first start American Express T three, T four, T twelve, T twenty four, T twenty two second, second, second, T fourteen, third, T twelve, T four second. That's his starts this year. If you if you had that player on the Challenge Tour, it would be like, Okay, this guy is so good. He's so clearly one of the twenty best players in the world, and especially if he's doing this in majors.
Speaker 1: He's doing every thing but winning.
Speaker 2: Like what great golf is boiled down to is effectively consistency. Every player wants to be more consistent and like the barometer for success should always be rooted in consistency. And where my struggle here is that the the the promotion you can get and I hate to do this to a fellow LINEI.
Speaker 1: I hate to do this to a fellow LINI.
Speaker 2: But you could get a Brian Campbell situation where he wins twice, but he misses every cut in between, and it's like, wait a second, this isn't one of the best players of the world. He just like very like he just had the ball bounce his way twice. And the difference, you know you wanted a playoff, you want like it's I understand the trick here. The hard thing is you need to have like a very clear hurdle. This is what you have to do. But the backside of this, and the really hard backside of this is that when you do that, you miss the boat of what actually the picture is.
Speaker 3: So I actually will take the tour side on this one. It's a tricky issue. I think the solution they've landed on is fine, and I would take the other side of your argument, because yes, you might get stuck a little longer in this system than you would have the other way, but then you're going to be top twenty at the end of the year and you will have the full schedule next year and not be at a disadvantage. And there are a lot of complications to what you're describing. Let's say somebody can kind of move up mid season with some hot play, then they have to start deciding if they're going to play Championship Series events or Challenger Series events, and you might not get points for the Challenger Series if you're playing in the Championship Series. And then the same issue the tour always has to deal with, are we assigning enough? Is it a transferable currency between the two? How many should each one get? Like they are just choosing to abstract themselves from that problem, and I don't have a problem with that. And then you're Brian Campbell example, Let's say he wins twice and he would get up, But you think that somebody who's playing really consistently well, they should be the ones that are going to get up. They're both gonna get up the next year in this system, And to me, that's the actual that's the part that really matters. And if you're gonna have these one hundred and twenty man fields in a moving target of how many guys are playing hot enough to get up and in that also becomes really hard to run the tournaments on the Championship Series with the field size that's constantly changing. So honestly, I'm okay with it. It's a trade off, But I think the tour I think the tour solutions kind of okay.
Speaker 2: There can I present a massive issue that I just uncovered while you were talking and thinking, you know, like this whole thing is rooted in being equitable at every level, Like you have the ability to play the same events the major championships present actually a huge issue at the championship level because not out all the players are going to be you know, in the Masters, there's one hundred and thirty championship level players.
Speaker 1: In this new tour system.
Speaker 2: The masters field is generally, you know, eighty five to ninety players, and a large portion of that field is made up by amateurs and and uh past champions and then national open champions from all around the world. So you you inherently could have situations where like your earlier example example Sedartion Yellow Miraju is not in these fields and he doesn't have the ability to earn points there. What would be your your your point back on that.
Speaker 3: I just don't think it's that big of a do.
Speaker 2: You think the bridge that hey, you need to take all one hundred and thirty players. I could see them doing that with like the PGA trying to do it the US Open and trying to do it with the Open, but I don't know how amicable all those organizations would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I honestly don't see it as a huge issue. Sadarsan goes out and he's not exempt into the Championship Series, but he finishes top five at the US Open. As long as you reward him on the Challenger Series with a lot of points, then he's going to get up the following season.
Speaker 2: So I think you're misunderstanding. I'm saying, what if you have a bottom tier championship player, Right, let's say you don't have and I don't get the access to these events. I'm actually playing at a disadvantage of I only get to play twenty one of twenty five events.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, you're saying the bottom end of the Championship series. Okay, yeah, I mean it's not going to be perfect, but I think they're going to have enough opportunities to keep they're not gonna have. It's not gonna be completely apples to apples, but it'll be way more apples to apples than it currently is. And I think that if they play good golf, they should be able to stay in that top ninety. Yeah, it's not perfect. The bigger issue that we haven't talked about, and I'll just hit on quickly, but I think is going to be a massive problem is that the top guys cannot play in the lower in the in the Challenger series, which is fine. I understand why the PGA Tour is making that decision, but this the way that this impacts Major championship preparation is going to be a significant significant talking players, you know, how do you set the schedule around majors that guys want? Do they play the week before major? Do they not play the week before the major? The punchline is they're losing a lot of flexibility. Versus having thirty five events, you can play any of them that you want. You can set your schedule around majors however you want. That's not going to exist in the current system, and I think that's going to make a lot of guys upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this is the whole thing with LIB that's been like, where you have to play these events, and you know, do you if you have these events the week before and you don't like to play the week before. I like, I imagine a lot more players are going to take the rory approach to the Masters. Spend as much time as you possibly can there before. You know, if you have an event that you have to play the week before, and I was saying they will, you know you can't. You don't want to play it, Okay, so I sit out. Transversely, you're a player like Phil Mickelson famously like love playing the week before and and started to play really well in majors when you played.
Speaker 1: The week before.
Speaker 2: Now, Alison, you can't play the event the week before, or they start to schedule all these you know, like you imagine the heritage I imagine going to be after the Masters, Travelers is gonna be after the US Open. You're a player that just doesn't want to play the week after. Like there there's a whole box of rocks here with the with the scheduling, and I think, like what it's going to boil down to is like tough luck.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Major League Baseball players, NBA players, NFL players don't get to choose the day of the week that they play. You have to go out there and be game ready whenever you play, and I think that's probably the right circumstance here, you know, Before we get out of here, the last thing I will I want to hit on is one of your points about about small markets or smaller markets. I don't you know, the tour doesn't really go to any like super I guess they go to some super small markets.
Speaker 1: Hilton Heads a strong deer. But the idea of.
Speaker 2: I think you're you're kind of right here when you I think there's like a chicken or egg situation here. You want the exposure that these big markets present. You want to be in them.
Speaker 1: It's good for the business, it's good.
Speaker 2: You know, the sponsorship opportunities in in New York or Chicago are greater than they are in you know, Jackson, Mississippi, or hilton Head, South Carolina. There, but there is like a just a general fan response, and we see it with the travelers. Uh, you know, I've been using this a lot, but that was last week. It's just a good example. The PGA tour goes to Hartford and that's the biggest show in town every year, and people show out and show in in and there's huge local support, there's huge community support, and it makes the event better, and it's like the kind of grasp of the like what is the right balance there? And and you know what, and that is a big thing. I think, like one thing I have to say, the lack of global participation with events is also a big attraction here, and I it's a this is the hardest thing, this is the hardest thing to do, and I think there I think their general plan is that in the fall they're going to be going to these national opens and that's going to be They're hoping that the big players will go participate in that. But like, I think that, you know, there there has to be a commitment to growing the global audience in certain markets, and I just don't think that this structure right now gets there. And I think that that, you know, I don't know what the right answer is, but the idea, like if I were like if I were making a suggestion, I would say, like, Okay, we're going to host twenty twenty five events, and obviously some of them they don't host, the majors they don't host, but like, how do we get a rotating event in here that goes all over the world. That's a part of this and maybe one year it's in India, one year, it's in South Africa, one year it's in Australia, and we kind of float this around the world. One year it's in Ireland, one year it's in continell Europe, and we float this thing around and that becomes part of this and at least we're making a global effort at a bare minimum, and the idea over time is to scale it up, similar to the way that the NFL has done their global expansions.
Speaker 3: Like their mentality right now is well, instead of doing that, we're just gonna get out of the way in the fall and let some of those events thrive. And they've made this investment in the Australian Open maybe they try to build that up, but yeah, Andy, I mean, maybe an opportunity to do that would be the Tour Championship, and I don't think that's probably the vision, but it'd be kind of cool if that event moved around. Like the one thing I had pie in the sky idea I had in my notes was that I think one area golf could tap into a little better is having events in the home countries of some of their stars. That is a very difficult thing to achieve but like if John Rahm is on the PGA Tour and he's one of your best players, like having an event in Spain or at a minimum building up the Spanish Open some way. I think there's some untapped potential in getting guys to the home countries of some of the stars, But I don't know that the tour Championships the right way to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that it would be be remiss not to mention that. I think the lack of global participation or in global inclusion, I think a lot of people would be willing to participate. The lack of global inclusion is kind of a red flag, and I you know, I'm hopeful that they start to kind of address that over time and maybe that that's the way is you get people bought in on this is this is the way, and you start to slowly integrate it to where you know, maybe Jacksonville's just moving to London, you know, in the NFL.
Speaker 3: We'll see. I don't know, they couldn't make Capellua work. Capalua was too logistically difficult, so I don't know how optimistic I am that they're going to make Australia work. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: All right, So those are kind of our our pros and cons of this, I think overall, like I'm super positive of the changes, You're super positive of the changes.
Speaker 1: Any parting thoughts, this all.
Speaker 3: Boils down to the success that to our championship, Like it's already a step in the right direction, But the keys all this working is picking cool venues, the format being good. Like if that falls flat, then I think a lot of this is sort of moot and it's still probably a step in the right direction. But the real unlocking all the value is building a bad ass tour championship that has to be the crown jewel of the tour, even more than the Players Championship. So I'll reserve a lot of thoughts until we see what that looks like. But that is the case, that's the Bowld case for why this is all going to work out really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think you're right because if that the better, that is the better the trickle down effect is into every single event because then every single event carries more importance because of your ability to get to that season finale event.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Joseph, as always, big thanks for coming on. Everybody should go read you're writing in the Frida Egg Golf newsleg newsletter on a weekly basis, and uh, you're going, You're going abroad, You're about to board a plane. I can't wait to get your thoughts on Royal Birkdale. You're you're on a on a solo mission, a rare solo Fried Egg mission.
Speaker 3: Here your solo mission. I'm really excited. I think there's a diversity opinions on Royal Birthday and I have a pretty open mind about the golf course, so I'm excited to see it for myself and inform some thoughts in advance of the Open and Royallytham and st Anne so for the Women's Open. So looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to hearing how your trip goes. And thanks as always for coming on. Safe travels.
Speaker 1: Thanks Andy all Right, big.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Joseph for joining before his travel yonder. A big thanks to PJ. Clark for editing and producing today's show. We'll be back next week with a new episode.