Speaker 1: I gotta stay in the house blaxbox all day, otherwise you're gonna get by.
Speaker 2: Not are you touching the controller?
Speaker 3: Because well now you now you not electricity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's how we got the first blacks fighter.
Speaker 4: Man, right, you think Miles Morales was the first, No, it was it was Anthrony Jenkins.
Speaker 2: Was ampne.
Speaker 1: And he was on house arrest, so it was really only four blocks in Chicago affected by his crime fighting.
Speaker 5: He was just circling one building being like, I'll beat your ass.
Speaker 3: I'll beat your ass. Nigga, leave that lady alone.
Speaker 2: I'll beat your ass. And your.
Speaker 3: Bears are racist. The money.
Speaker 6: Turny stuff, I can't tell me, give me a to give me a beep beep, Mama told me.
Speaker 3: The podcast where we dive deep, deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: And we work to prove the fact that black black people have questionable tastes and alcohol is because our taste in regular food is so damn high. Our food is delicious. We don't know how to drink that poison. I would drink straight whiskey if my mom made to the cats roll as well.
Speaker 3: I am David for I'm like Saint Carmen, and I see where you're going. That feels has some legitimacy to it.
Speaker 1: It feels right, It feels.
Speaker 3: Right like we we just know quality too much that this sort of like intentional poison all tastes the same things.
Speaker 1: We can't. You can't. You can't fix it up or put enough purple on it to make us love it.
Speaker 3: And I love color and black people do. Got to get back to drinking purple drinks. I feel like we're not even a purple.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We're letting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's we're not drinking nouveau anymore, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, come on, was crazy, It was wild.
Speaker 1: I was confused.
Speaker 3: We were drinking hypnotic and and I forgot that amber. You you end every evening with a tall glass.
Speaker 2: With the margarita.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. We need to go back to coach. All the alisays I remember remember, Oh, I don't know. I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: He was my best friend.
Speaker 3: Well, you are already hearing at least one of our guests today lazy. You didn't. You didn't have a lot to say about the hypnotic alosa.
Speaker 2: I just started drinking two days ago. I'm just oh, now, I didn't have my first drink till I was thirty three.
Speaker 3: This writer strike really hits you hard. Huh, this is uh, you're really starting to feel it. Early on.
Speaker 2: I got my wine in my Darth Vader mug, so I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: I like that. You immediately passed all the stages and you're just like, now, I drink it in a mug in the house.
Speaker 2: Them fancy glasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, that's usually not a day two discovery.
Speaker 3: So I don't Yeah, they're going crazy. But our guests today they're they're so funny, they're so talented. We're happy to have them. You know them from their brand new podcast, The Amber and Lacey Lacy and Amber Show. You also know them from their book You'll never Believe what happened to Lacey, Crazy stories about racism. They they are so funny, so talented. Give it up for Amber Ruffin and Lacey Lamar. Fuck yeah. Normally we would have a drop there and.
Speaker 2: Enter the room from now on.
Speaker 3: Now what I would love is alone of ladies. You came to us what they conspiracy theory that that that frankly I thought we had covered and and I don't mean that in a in a derogatory mean way. But but on this show, we've accused quite a few companies of belonging to the KKK. This is not it's not not a thing that has sort of come up. But I was surprised once we did the actual research that we haven't talked about this specific company. But you said, my mama told me.
Speaker 7: Church's Chicken is secretly owned by the KKK.
Speaker 3: That's right, tell us everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That the KKK back there.
Speaker 1: Close slin just.
Speaker 2: A little bit of whatever to make black men's garrel. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that conspiracy has two parts. One that KKK owns Church Chicken frankly good was delicious.
Speaker 3: And then oh wait, wait, wait wait, No, we don't get to speed past you going hard for churches.
Speaker 1: Chickens nor flowers.
Speaker 2: Amber tell them where we are from. We're from Omaha, Nebraska. We can walk to the churches. Okay, you think we got chicken shack and Omaha, we don't need anything like that. We had churches. We were thrilled to have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, this is making way more sense.
Speaker 1: It was born, It was born out of necessity, as opposed to Yeah, because you know what I like, you know, Omaha, I like I like California Tacos out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you've made a fool of yourself.
Speaker 1: Here with us.
Speaker 2: You're feeling about later nobody come to Omaha for California tacos.
Speaker 1: It's I like, good, they got good.
Speaker 4: You really thought they were gonna like, you know, rally that bad boy back.
Speaker 1: I was hoping to hit it off with some local local talk.
Speaker 3: They were like, man, this guy's cool. He just gets it and turns. They gave you fucking nothing.
Speaker 1: Players fuck up.
Speaker 3: And women this pimps too. Now, So I think that makes a lot more sense that this is this is a move of necessity to be passionate about Church's chicken rather than than one of like I sought this out. They are better than the competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I don't know that there was even a KFC around. It was churches. End of list.
Speaker 1: Do you guys, Did you guys have safe Chicken?
Speaker 2: We did have Safeway, we did have a safe wed. I'm five years older than Amber, but yeah, we had safe Way, hinkydinky, all of that. But no, it was churches because that was just something new you could drive through. Yeah, you either ate your chicken at home, your mama made the chicken, or you went you went out and got that chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so Amber you were you were continuing, you were saying there was a second part of this conspiracy beyond just churches being owned by the KKK that I believe you were getting into the sterility of it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that church's chicken, because it was owned by the KKK, was putting something in their chicken that sterilized black men. Now why did the conspiracy fall this way?
Speaker 1: Do you deal with that? Come back to like us being sterilized? It's like at this point, it's literally one out of three. Yeah, well, if you check the numbers, it always comes back to like and then the men's half bad nut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the men's nut is being tainted. The men are losing their nuts.
Speaker 1: It's always men's nuts.
Speaker 2: But that's funny because it's black women who were literally sterilized the government hospital.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, it.
Speaker 1: Is uh.
Speaker 2: Three does after your ship?
Speaker 1: I smell a conspiracy on top of a conspiracy right now? Right?
Speaker 3: It is worth noting that literally the the birth of gynecology was born off of sterilized black women, and we're like, man, they really have to get there.
Speaker 1: I can't go anywhere. I can't go.
Speaker 8: I can't buy a you can't buy a sona sit on an electrical box. Nuts are at risk.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so let's talk about this conspiracy. It sounds lacy like you are immediately on board with this theory that churches is doing this to the black men's nuts.
Speaker 2: No, not at I mean when you're younger, that was like a millionaires you you were, you were in line with everybody else. Yeah, you were like, this is absolutely do and small note Amber nooses about me. They're gonna take my black car right here, right now. I wasn't a big chicken eater.
Speaker 3: I'm still not.
Speaker 2: I know. No, so I would fake eat chicken in front of black people because you ain't gonna talk about me. I be this ticket is good.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: No, I just don't care. It's the oil. It's got a whisper. I don't care about fried chicken. Can you listeners hear and all hate mail to Amber something about this?
Speaker 1: That's fine because I believe in the power of God's bird. How do you feel about just like a roasted chicken?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie. I don't care about the chicken.
Speaker 8: What about like if I get a souv and then I get I got a souvie, I got a sou Now you got some chicken.
Speaker 2: I got a suv that's gonna change my life. Wait, how about this, I asked you a question. It's gonna taste like chicken.
Speaker 1: That's literally my favorite part of it about it? What about not even thighs, not even like a with the chrispy thighs in the oven roast.
Speaker 2: No boobs, no thighs, nothing. No, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's unpack this a little bit better. The conspiracy state you're not a vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I will bite you right now if you stuck on the island Langston, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Say the reason to feel a love again.
Speaker 2: So look, listen, don't get stuck with me somewhere because I'm going whatever around.
Speaker 1: And someone also that someone would also eat lengthy first. I appreciate this statement.
Speaker 3: What's writing guys, because I'll be real, I'm honest.
Speaker 2: I thank you for dessert.
Speaker 1: That's what I was worried about too. But I'm dessert it's heavily season two.
Speaker 2: So where did this go?
Speaker 3: So you are not a vegetar? All this is going exactly where the show goes afterword, no doubt, absolutely so, So your go to meat would would be what steaks?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: You can't, okay, David, don't tell me what to do? To tell you? All right, I'm sorry. I get passion about don't what to do?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 3: I work out?
Speaker 2: What's my favorite? I work out?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: This is Lacey is a bodybuilder dot competition? Absolutely not, because they push for you to eat tons of chicken when you're training.
Speaker 3: First chickens like a leaner meat, right and perfect.
Speaker 2: Everybody is sitting there after their workout eating these chicken breasts, and I'm like God, and I think that made it even worse for me doing so many shows, and that's like the go to chicken. I mean, I will eat it. I don't want to eat it, but I will. So I've I've odd on the chicken.
Speaker 3: And so even with that, because this is fascinating now you're not a chicken person, but it sounds like you still aren't willing to buy into this specific conspiracy that tainted I.
Speaker 2: Do not buy into that. I do not buy that, and what Popeye is bought Churches fried Chicken. So now it's Popeyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is Popeyes now, and they're they're offshooting, and we will talk a bit about this morning the research. Their offshoot is Texas Fried Chicken.
Speaker 2: Now they change, no, but I feel now I feel like it might be the KKK. Never mind, I'm back on the train.
Speaker 3: Fried Chicken. Churches has become.
Speaker 1: Of all the states that I would want, I would write, would Texas is a barbecue place?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I'm not saying they don't fried chicken.
Speaker 3: I'm mad man, Amber, Where do you fall in this? Are you similar? Are you with your sister in this? Or are you where are you?
Speaker 2: I do not believe this conspiracy. I certainly see how like, Okay, them poisoning chicken to sterilize black men, Okay, I think that is very, very far the KKK owning something that profited off of black people that you know, although it wasn't sterilizing them, was bad for their health. That's got legs, legs, which that is the best part. If I do have to eat anything, it is the chicken.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, let's start there.
Speaker 3: Baby, Like I feel like y'all just reach it across the aisle like a Republicans and Democrats.
Speaker 1: It's like that blood.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Wow, you're you're c now and next time we'll make sure to add that to the credits when we said that blue rag. Uh So, so you all are not boughty to this. When did you first hear it? Or from whme? Did you first hear this conspiracy theory?
Speaker 2: When Churches Fried Chicken rolled up in Omaha, which had to be in the eighties sometime, right, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And you said it was just the one, it was just one church.
Speaker 2: I think there was a second one. I don't think there was a second one.
Speaker 3: You said that like a like a second shooter.
Speaker 2: Almost didn't churches just come back to Omaha. It's been gone for years and years and years. I think it just came back, and people are cracking up about that. Where hold on, look, everybody talk amongst Joe Sue. Okay, I also want to know where, Oh lord, it came back.
Speaker 1: Out of the way they're always out of Remember.
Speaker 2: It came back to the whitest of white, white white neighborhoods, and now it's called Churches Texas Chicken. One hundred and sixty eighth, and nobody gives terrible because black people live on thirtieth. So I'm just letting you know, hundred and sixty eighth. We don't at nobody to walk to work. Ain't nobody. I'm gonna go out there. You get arrested. Last time I was out there, got pulled over, right, I don't. I don't go past. You know, try to seventy something. I don't try to go past.
Speaker 3: And for our eight omaha listeners, they are.
Speaker 2: Right, they are related to us. They're like, yeah, girl, you tell them about the streets and omaha. They don't sit together, though.
Speaker 3: But they're like, be on somebody, finally fucking steady, I'm traveled on in blocks.
Speaker 2: They get it.
Speaker 1: I feel like Belly, did you guys dirty? You got a bad rap from Belly. I'm trying to I don't think that was fair. They did.
Speaker 2: Not a great movie. Not a great movie.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, well, agree to disagree. The point is that I didn't like what they did with that character.
Speaker 3: I think what you're your hearing boys say is it's a perfect film except for that one.
Speaker 2: Small Oh I'm sorry boy, you know what, It's just nice.
Speaker 1: It's it's belly. Those are the two triumph to cinema. I I guess breakfast is okay, but I don't like that friendship.
Speaker 5: Sure so you you're not bought in on this conspiracy theory.
Speaker 3: You hear it very young? Were you were you a believer early? Did you at any point believe in this or do you think that that there were people around you certainly who believed in it or was this just a silly game for everybody?
Speaker 2: No, hundred percent believed in it, and my friends believed in it too.
Speaker 1: Damn did they continue to eat there?
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely that they were chopping down.
Speaker 1: That's what we're finding with a lot of these not murdering conspiracies. It's like it didn't curb usage as much as you would think. No, this is wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, but do this to us.
Speaker 2: I didn't stop anybody. Nobody can.
Speaker 3: It's unford. Do you think that there's any chance of, like any version of these conspiracy theories stopping somebody. What would it take for us to finally put our foot down and say, hey, enough is enough, this is this is truly wrong. Like I remember when H and M bugged out and like we're calling little niggas Monkeys and ship.
Speaker 1: That was a crazy one.
Speaker 3: That was wild, and we for a while were like, hey, we don't fuck with H and M no more, but like, yes we do, do you know what I mean? Like everybody just kept kind of doing the same thing. So what would it take for us to finally I.
Speaker 2: Can't believe that you said that. I remember that H and M ship as like an hour of the day, and then it evaporated from my mind. Yeah, and then I went out and bought a million dollars in H and M ship.
Speaker 3: Dah everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I never had Chick fil A in my entire life, lived in La but you know, by the time Chick fil A was near me, it was after they, you know, everyone found out they were homophoon.
Speaker 1: You got to come to it.
Speaker 2: Never ever had it. Until last week, we were outside protesting because of the writers strike. We're protesting outside of the view striking, demonstrating. Let's go demonstrating outside of you, and uh, whoopy Goldberg sent Chick fil A chicken sandwiches.
Speaker 1: That's so.
Speaker 2: Damn But that was the first time I ever took a bite. I was starving. I took it was like this is why Finally it makes sense that.
Speaker 3: It's a sandwich I've never eaten. Oh no, it's it's chicken.
Speaker 2: I've never even and there's there's there's a few here. Why would I do that?
Speaker 3: If there's a Devil's meat Chick fil a? Chicken feels like it's it's up there in the Devil's meat world.
Speaker 2: But man, okay, So I have a question. What's better the chick fil A or that pop that hot Popeyees chicken sandwich? And people were like killing literally killing each other for what's that killing?
Speaker 3: They were killing each other over chicken.
Speaker 2: I saw a video of a woman just scratching up her b m w to get around the crowd to like squeeze in and her car was getting crushed and she just wanted to get some chicken sandwiches. Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what's better or the Popeyes hot chicken?
Speaker 1: I mean the Pope's hot culture? There was a whole culture around it. You remember that we we were inside, we didn't know what was going on with this virus. It was like there's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Your question almost feels like asking like what's the better vacation between Jamaica and Saint Lucia is exactly.
Speaker 1: Either way, I'm going to get my groove back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna eat it. I was gonna get that chicken sandwich. Once I was at work, a white coworker left. She goes, you want the chicken sandwich. I was like, yeah, everybody talk onout chicken sandwich. She brings me back the plane chicken sandwich, like the one that's not hot, and she eats. She takes the hot one, and I said, did you just take the hot one? And she said yes, I don't want to try this. So you never bring a person, a black person, a chicken sandwich. I don't get no spice on it.
Speaker 1: Why did I even respect me?
Speaker 2: I was so upset.
Speaker 3: Yeah she was. She could have spit in it, and and showed more respect to you than she.
Speaker 2: Goes, well, I didn't know that you. I didn't know if you would want the spicy one or not.
Speaker 3: And that says a lot about what she thinks of your character.
Speaker 2: That's right, what I mean. Meanwhile, little this work Lacey, reach out your right hand and show what you've been eaten. Spit an hour. This girl was eating the biggest bag of flaving, you know, I'm going to stop. Guys, I'm like, I'm not an idiot. I don't when to stop. I can stop it anytime, I can quick any time that bag is going.
Speaker 3: You know what's what's interesting is now that you've you've mentioned it, her fingertips are slightly pink.
Speaker 2: This is my napkin that I kept rubbing my fingers on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ashamed, but she's been stained like when you steal stuff from.
Speaker 2: HM that ink package.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the ink packages.
Speaker 3: So neither of you are particularly bought in on this. I wish we were you at one point did believe in the potential of this being real. I guess the final question I have before we go to break is is what do you think can be done to uh, to calm the minds of those that still do believe in this?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 3: How can we how can we make them feel okay? With churches Texas? Whatever it is? Chicken, now, you want.
Speaker 2: To answer this right now? You can't convince Uncle Klidas. But you can't convince him. Go ahead, Uncle Khalidus. He can't. Come on now, he's not. You can't once you're setting your ways, Come on now, you know you can't do it. Gotta get him all the young that you can convince them that it's not true, but showing them other conspiracies that are like it's fun to get all worked up about nonsense, but there's like real things you can get worked out. Well, no, that's just going to double down. They're just gonna be like, see now that's real too. You can't convince uncle Clete why are you doing this? You can't because he gives me ten dollars every week.
Speaker 3: I will say, I like your your ambition inside of this that that to get rid of a bad conspiracy theory, you offer them up a more legitimate one. My fear, however, is that it feels like Nigga's just they're just gonna connect the red screen, you know what I mean. They're not. They're not going to eliminate. They're not putting the picture on top of the old picture as much as creating a web of lies that have that will sustain them for another thirteen to forty eight years, depending on their age. Can't bory Where are you with all of this? Let's before we go to break it way in. Are you are you a buyer? Are you a seller? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not a buyer. But what I'm more curious about is where do all these Why do we think the KKK secretly owns so much shit?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's not like it's never like we never are like, oh man, they're giant, like property holders in all of Georgia or someplace. It's always like they must own this ship that we buy. Did you know the KKK has a do rag company? Like? No, I don't think that. I don't think that they're like I don't think they're invested in damaging us in the way of starting I think it's an exclusionary situation. I think they're out here starting businesses to take us down. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think the the KKK is currently thriving in the way that we think they are. You know what I mean, They're.
Speaker 1: Not like they are. I think they're losers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think financially they also are losing pretty hard. Like I don't if I'm remembering correctly, And maybe we'll look this up over break. There was like a one point where an article came out or or some sort of like ad came out from the KKK being like we desperately need membership because we are essentially going defunct. We are a dying brand and we need your help.
Speaker 1: I don't think that they are the major society of the Good Old Boys Network, even if that's what we're talking about. I bet you there's other groups that are far bigger and wealthier. I think I think it's like a I think it's like a fringe broke ass you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, they're like RC cola.
Speaker 1: Ya exactly.
Speaker 2: When you were young, you thought, oh, yeah, these old rich white men. These motherfuckers are rich. They never work. It's just something with But you know that there is. We do have a AKK headquarters here in Lincoln, Nebraska, like right outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got our big we got our big headquarters.
Speaker 2: And when our high school tried to have introduced a black history class, they sent.
Speaker 3: Us letters.
Speaker 2: It did they did? That is a true thing, that's real.
Speaker 1: Did they even have kids at the school or was it just like a bunch of broke no the Hey.
Speaker 2: I'm just some fools. They were trying to scare the school into not teaching kids about black history.
Speaker 1: You don't if you don't, if you don't stop teaching black history, we're gonna shut down this old grease monkey.
Speaker 2: No, but this is a thing. This is a thing, and I don't know if it's anywhere else, but there was this like Republican group here in Omaha, and I literally had a man to have a whole conversation with me telling me how I should not support Black Lives Matter. And he said, well, you know, and so they study us, they study the ship that we say. He said, now you know who's behind Black Lives Matter. It's the KKK.
Speaker 3: And oh they tried to do a yes, the K person try to do a mind trick on you, to be like, hey, this is why your thing is bad because of me.
Speaker 2: And when I tell you, I was at an event and I was trapped next to a white man for like forty five minutes. He was sitting next to me and he would not stop talking about it. Finally, I said, you are so funny. I should have been recording you the whole time. Nobody's listening to you. But yeah, it's the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing that that's that's a cool trick. I'm gonna we gotta figure out a way to flip that. We gotta try what can we ruin for white people by being like you know, niggas owned and they had.
Speaker 2: To do they have to be able to do all that. They did a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, a black man owns Kashi Cereal, right.
Speaker 1: You know, you know black men invented having your toes out in public. That's why we don't do it anymore. We don't want you.
Speaker 3: All right, We're gonna take a break. We'll be back with more amber, more lazy, and more more. My mama told me.
Speaker 2: We are coming back to My mama told me it's that's my mom. Come up.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back. We're still talking. I guess. I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Uh, We're still talking about the possibility that Church's Chicken is secretly owned by the KKK, and the KKK is doing everything they can to sterilize black men with this delicious chicken. I did a little bit of research on the conspiracy theory that I would love to throw your way, and again, some of this you may already know. Some of it, some of it may be surprising, but frankly, none of it is necessarily true. So don't trust me. I'm a dumb dumb. The logic, as you mentioned, behind the conspiracy theory is sterilization of black men. There's no mention of women in any of the articles that I read. Church's Chicken apparently was started in San Antonio in nineteen fifty two by a man named George Church. That's the reason the logic behind naming it Church's Chicken, right. And then in nineteen sixty five, and this is something I discovered and was very surprised by. It starts in Texas. It's this mom and pop shop, then it expands across Texas and then eventually the rest of the country. And then in nineteen sixty five, George Church Junior, George Church's son, takes over the company and then takes it public, which means that there was a point where you could buy stock in Church's Chicken, which I don't know how y'all feel. That's pretty impressive stock.
Speaker 1: It was of his day.
Speaker 3: I prayed to someday meet a man who bought stock in Church's Chicken. So churches then it apparently becomes this publicly traded company. And even the most surprising thing because I tried to look up more things about George Church and the only thing that the additional piece of information that I learned from his Wikipedia page is that before George Church made this church's chicken chain, he actually was in the business of selling incubators. Incubators were apparently his former life as a as a fucking businessman before he started making Nigga Chicken.
Speaker 2: So he started he started up with the incubators and then was like that, this is a lot of eggs that are hatching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think it was like, what am I doing with all these loose chickens? Yeah, chop, chop chop.
Speaker 1: I'm creating my own project product. So that did.
Speaker 3: None of that makes you at all nervous anybody.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to me left or right, Okay, as far as like putting me on or off the horse, that doesn't. I don't really feel any kind of way about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know who about the stock, though, I want to.
Speaker 3: Know right I bought the stock is a big question because we've never seen anybody get rich from church you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I kept a quiet.
Speaker 2: We're also acting like white men don't eat churches, right.
Speaker 1: Chickens, I'd say that's the majority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be honest, I've never he said, you've never seen come to Omaha. You go see a.
Speaker 3: Line the only churches chickens. The churches chicken that that we had two of them in my neighborhood, one of which was on like sort of like the border of Chicago. I'm from a suburb that borders Chicago, but specifically the west side Austin, the Austin neighborhood, which is an almost entirely black neighborhood on the west side of Chicago. And so that was the churches, so I only saw black people in there. And then the other churches that we live by is where my mom's current houses, which is in Maywood, and that churches is all black too. So I've truly never seen a white person eating churches chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh they got one way deep in Aurora out here, that's like. And then they got one off the Feds, which I guess it is not even that many black people anymore. But yeah, I've seen a lot of white people eat eat his chicken.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too, unless they have an amazing scientist that can only affect them.
Speaker 1: So I hate to be this guy. As far as fast fast, fast food fried chicken chickens at the bottom for me, it's pretty low on my cane before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take the wet meat that whatever.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 2: What I will.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like they fry it and then dip it afterwards, and then they give it to you and you're like.
Speaker 1: It's like crazy, and then they you can't. It's like it's really god original recipe used to be interesting. Texture. Now it's like, that's true.
Speaker 2: I have noticed that it's gone back like it's normal, but it's not. They did something weird.
Speaker 1: They did something. It's like it's like it's like, you know how Martin Laurence robust and.
Speaker 2: Then steralyzing the sterilyzing juice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sterilized. Oh well, I I don't love that you're throwing it that way. H yeah, sterized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it, like it's something you can see on us.
Speaker 2: Wait, turn to the left.
Speaker 1: I just know he's got some pink on it. No.
Speaker 3: So the the additional information I'll throw your way is that you mentioned that Popeyes eventually buys churches chicken uh in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a while apparently that Popeyes had them, but they didn't actually turn this into like churches or Popeyes presents churches chicken until more recently, you know what I mean, Like they were sort of chilling about the shit previously.
Speaker 2: Like Jack in the Box and Harty's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. It's like that secret brotherhood you didn't know about until suddenly they were like, nope, that's ours, we do that. That said, the part of the reason that they sort of rebranded the church's name, and I'm really curious to hear what y'all say about this, is because they felt that by calling it churches, it had too much of a connection to Christian beliefs, and that limited their potential on an international level. That like, oh, we can't sell this chicken as effectively in Guam or wherever the fuck because we potentially are are making it too much of American sort of Christian values.
Speaker 2: I buy that advance conspira.
Speaker 1: I mean if I yeah, because if I look into my own I don't give a fuck. I'll eat every religion's food, all kosher halal, I'll put it on the same plane. I don't give a shit. Do you think that it's that like what is the place? Where is it like Islamic States where they're like, no, we will not eat.
Speaker 2: Here's the whole the word church means church in English, and I can't think of another language in which church means church.
Speaker 3: I would think it so for you're saying for for them, it wouldn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's also just not a fun name. It's just not a fun name at the end.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's it's not like bo Jangles that.
Speaker 2: But I feel like it tastes better than church and chicken.
Speaker 3: I truly when my wife first told me, because I'm from I'm from Chicago, right, Like, I had no idea that that was even a thing.
Speaker 1: And when my.
Speaker 3: Wife first told me that bo Jangles Chicken was like, I was like, you coon ass, What the fuck are you talking about? You goddamn goddamn race trader? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Back there?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna eat it. I'm like, taste good at the airport. That ship is amazing. It's so good.
Speaker 3: I've never had it. And part of it, I think is just have you had.
Speaker 2: No But I'm the opposite of you where you hate fried chicken. I'll eat any piece of fried chicken. I don't give a funk. And it's always chicken. Fried chicken is pizza. It's great.
Speaker 1: Who cares? Great?
Speaker 2: Let's stop there at the grocery store. I've been sitting out. Oh great, I love it. It's never bad. Love chicken nuggets. Don't care great, I love it. Eat it up.
Speaker 3: I can't say I disagree. I'm rare the eating eating chicken fried chicken, especially and being like, just what the fuck what is this?
Speaker 2: And then if you do, you finish it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I like it to the side. I like it all, do everything, do everything to it. And that's what I'm saying. You gotta hit that, souv got do that point.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use it for that.
Speaker 3: I will that and salmon to that point. I do think that makes me start to believe more in the possibility of this conspiracy theory, the fact that that three out of four of us are like, I will eat it follow on the ground, I don't in the house, fools, I'll eat it with a mouse. I'll eat it over there.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 9: I will ever, and so yeah, if they put some fucking sterilization sprinkles, We're gonna keep eating it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll tell you the truth that my chickens adventures, I might have caught a stray. I might have caught a stray. Sterilization of all the places I've eaten chicken. That's a possibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I do think that that you have to at least believe in the possibility that somebody did this at some point. And if you're willing to eat chicken from anywhere at any time, then somebody is getting sterilized, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It may so don't deny yourself gas station chicken pleasures just because you think you're not going to have a baby some days.
Speaker 7: Right, look me in the eyes and tell me so many times.
Speaker 1: Yea, the whole South is full of gas station Don't do that. Don't do that to gas station Chicken. You're making it sough the quality of gas.
Speaker 2: You can't come out fight me right now? I will fun you know a good fight. Stop it was a person, fight me right now, come on out.
Speaker 1: I guess station gas Chicken was a person is undefeated in street fights. Ye never watch the fight. Ever.
Speaker 3: If gas station Chicken was a person that motherfucker does push ups on.
Speaker 2: Clay Lack, the rapper, I'd be like gas start with he fight me right now.
Speaker 1: Guess that's the craziest.
Speaker 2: You can't help rap me.
Speaker 3: You you might be able to beat my ass, but you can't out rap me though.
Speaker 2: Guess they might be like she might be.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna like gas station Chicken probably also has bars any support me.
Speaker 3: Gas station Chicken ain't got nothing to do.
Speaker 10: But that's all he doesn't there, It's like, it's just what I do. You want to what I do?
Speaker 3: This is? This is all I have?
Speaker 1: You didn't they That's the name I earned out here.
Speaker 2: My real name is Davante's friend. I was born with it. Oh my god, oh lord.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So so we don't. We don't seem to believe that there's Here's the other piece of that international threat that started to bug me a little bit at least, is that it does seem like the need, the want rather to go international to change the branding so that more people of different countries will accept the Chicken feels like, well, maybe we're just aiming for brown and black nations to sterilize more effectively than we might be able to do in a quote unquote melting pot. Here's a country.
Speaker 1: Here's my other issue with this is I've never viewed the KKK as being as ambitious as all that. Yeah, I feel like I feel like at tops they want all the black people out of the South and the Midwest. I don't even think they're on the coasts like that, you know what I mean? Like, I don't feel like I don't feel like they would be willing to scale it up to an international plot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't have international ambition.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Interesting, ladies, where are we do? How do you feel about the k going international?
Speaker 2: I think they decidedly don't want an international anything white American love. They hate not Americans. Sure, a few countries they might. There's only a few countries they want to fuck with, like maybe Germany.
Speaker 3: Don't you're saying, You're saying that they couldn't even effectively do business with the landowners of these foreign nations to be able to put the poisons in their communities.
Speaker 2: I think they're the same people who in New York a million years ago were like ew irishmen, Irish everybody, everybody. That's fair, Italian. They don't have it. It's too much work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. And I do think to the earlier conversation, it feels like that's part of the reason why they're not the premiere white supremacy organization. Is like y'all don't focus like you know what I mean, Like, you gotta really you gotta, let's focus on one group and make that our brand. And they're like, man, I will fist fight anybody anywhere all the time. Can't take you nowhere. Yeah, they're like lazy, they're ready.
Speaker 2: You're friend friends, my new friends because they afraid right.
Speaker 1: Now, right now, I'm not as confident as a traditionally lazy. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: I need you to let go of my arm. Lazy, say it, say my name. It hurts, and I'm scared.
Speaker 2: And that's all I want. As long as you're scared that I know who you chose. You say aloud, trying to be in front of your friends. You let that black girl tell you what you do. He scared you, guys. That's what I I have.
Speaker 1: Like I love a cry for help.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I told you we came on this podcast, don't you say ship.
Speaker 3: So one of the things you mentioned earlier, Amber that I think is important is worth noting, is that it also doesn't seem in sort of going against the conspiracy theory. It doesn't seem like you need to put that much that many additions into regular fried chicken to make it effectively damaging to people's bodies. Do you know what I mean? Like, yeah, fried chicken is doing a lot of hard work on its own without any sterilization substances.
Speaker 2: And yeah, there's a lot of ways you can be sterilized without being sterile.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure, it's like the worst food for you really is once out.
Speaker 2: And yes, that's why it's so like we brought down the room.
Speaker 1: It wasn't you trying to fight gas. I will for you.
Speaker 3: To bring the room down even more. One of the specific side effects, or rather the list of the specific side effects that apparently come from consuming abundant amounts of fried chicken, is increased cholesterol.
Speaker 1: Now, you're just gonna give us the end of soul food.
Speaker 3: It turns out Big Mama doesn't get to keep those feet. Those are sciences feet now, each one in.
Speaker 2: A jar at a different university.
Speaker 3: And yes they're big ass jars. Shout out to pe Hall. You did your thing, baby girl. We're all real proud. But increased cholesterol, weight gain, higher risk of type two diabetes, and also just generally death is apparently a side effect associated with consuming a large amount of fried chicken.
Speaker 2: And you forgot one the willingness fight because y'all three chickens to y'all wicked, did not take energy. Y'all for on tire from me? Meant chicken today. That's not on the list. That's not on the list. Guys, this is extra funny because you don't know how small. It couldn't be small. It makes everything's extra funny.
Speaker 3: Got you, Yeah, she was, she was hitting me. You said she was a body builder. You said that. You know the way she's been speaking to us, we assumed she was a solid six one honds.
Speaker 2: Will punch the funk out of your knees, knee.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen those videos where lions and giraffes fight this. It's given me that vibe where it's like, you're gonna be a rascal about it, but I'm gonna kick this ship out of you fight. So there there are all these side effects. But to your point about the chicken making you want to fight, they also point out that it does have the potential to to swing your moods. That apparently fried chicken is a mood elevator and is it can cause dangerous sort of reactions from consuming it.
Speaker 2: Dangerous but it's a mood elevator. Are you talking seriously like anger?
Speaker 1: I'm so happy about this chicken. I'm gonna fight in the gas station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I really should not start eating.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's for you.
Speaker 2: I'm there.
Speaker 1: I think I think it might. I think it might be too much for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think some people can't handle certain drugs. And it sounds like chicken, ain't sure your ship?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: That is a crazy conspiracy theory I have heard is that people who don't eat meat. That that's how far away I am from the fucking concept. Couldn't even tell you the term of such a people don't eat meat because some people have said that the anger that the animals endure to be bread, to be food, to be locked up, and that gets passed along to you.
Speaker 3: WHOA.
Speaker 1: People also put clothes on their dogs energy.
Speaker 3: This is like a transference of the animal's rage, almost like a possession.
Speaker 1: Almost.
Speaker 2: I hate energy people. I'm sorry, I'm so against the people like and you know, he just had such good energy, and if you have good energy, good things will happen. You don't think slaves have good energy? I hate I always say that to people. If you have good energy, that stop. That's not how things work.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about you is I can't tell if you're a villain or a hero.
Speaker 2: Not to me.
Speaker 1: You can think I was out, but then you hated the energy. I'm all over the place.
Speaker 2: I will, I can't, I cannot. When did that start? Please tell me when the energy already starts for black people?
Speaker 1: When, oh, twenty eleven, give me a year.
Speaker 2: We got our energy. Black people got their energy in twenty eleven, And that makes sense, then I believe it.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of a dude in the slave quarters on a plantation being like, hey, y'all, if we got to fix our attitude.
Speaker 2: And that will get us out of here.
Speaker 3: If everybody would just put their jin up, then maybe Master will will fix this.
Speaker 2: Take three deep breaths and we're free.
Speaker 10: Yo.
Speaker 11: And ooh my back, ooh, I miss my baby, ooh, come on, ning unless work.
Speaker 2: I think of it like I don't like the slave masters. Five.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 7: Water.
Speaker 3: You know what you know? What Master needs is some quartz. I think if he had a little quartz in his pocket, he would just chill out.
Speaker 1: I want to stage the master bedroom next time he's out, I'm going.
Speaker 3: You know how the Master keep beating you is because of his diet. I think I think if he had a little bit more kill in his diet studying mean chickens.
Speaker 1: I put these crystals in my pocket. I haven't been beat since.
Speaker 3: Now, if you find them, you're gonna say I stole his crystals and killed me. But he ain't gotta find them, right, y'all, we have a well, ladies, I think we did it. I think I think this more or less covers the I think it covers the subject. If I were to summarize it, it sounds like you're not at all bought in on the possibility that church Is is owned by the KKKA or sterilizing black men, but you are brought into the possibility that maybe we should stop or at least reduce our relationship with chicken for the sake of our own survival.
Speaker 1: Yes, chicken does a lot of things.
Speaker 2: This bird God's first.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Lacy is saying yes, let's let's reduce, and Amber is saying.
Speaker 2: Let's just uh, if there's a way I can get more chicken, please give it to me.
Speaker 3: Mister George Church.
Speaker 2: If you can hear a celestial plane.
Speaker 3: Speak to God and tell him we stole more chicken upon my bea bow to you, my sweet lord.
Speaker 2: You know we're going straight to hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh well, Amber Lacy, could you tell the people where they can find you? And what cool ship y'all have going on?
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, we're Amber rushin of Lacy Lamar. You can enjoy our podcast called the Ember Lacy Lacy Never Show. I'm bigart everywhere you find podcasts. No, you can enjoy our New York Times best selling book called You'll Never Believe It, Have the Lacy Everywhere? Also? Is that the only booklore? But no, we got a new one. It's called the World Record Book of Racist Stories. It's again Lacey and Ever sharing their favorite racist stories.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah, battle, I was about to start.
Speaker 2: You got a camera.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, She was like, after all of that, I somehow am there's still the rapper in this story. Even though I beat bogs.
Speaker 2: You guys like you, I can tell you the phone call like I lost your chance. A lot of people are gonna be able to hear you. You should try it out the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, boy, you want to tell the people where they can find you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: You can find me, guys, show me no, don't drop it, don't stop now, you gotta do everybody's drops. You can, you can find me a cool guy jokes eighty zeven on Instagram. Uh DC, im headlining the Improv June eighteenth of my Man Jamel Johnson and then I'm gearing up for a big tour in the fall. So those dates are coming soon. Watch real Crackers on HBO.
Speaker 3: Oh fucking ye, and you can follow me at Langston Carman in June twenty third, twenty fourth, I'll be in Utah. July sixth through eighth, I'll be at the Punchline in Philly, and then July twenty eighth and twenty ninth, I'll be at Dead Crow uh in Wilmington, North Carolina. Uh So, come come fuck around in person. And if you want to send us your own conspiracies, your own drops, if you want to accuse someone else being a conglomerate of the KKK, please send all of that to my Mama pod at gmail dot com and subscribe on YouTube and watch.
Speaker 1: That ship there.
Speaker 3: Do the doe, do your fucking.
Speaker 1: Job due diligence. Goddamn, that's right.
Speaker 3: Fuck else, do you got this?
Speaker 1: Is how we talk to us.
Speaker 3: You're a good job.
Speaker 2: We love you so much.
Speaker 1: You're doing a minimal job.
Speaker 2: You can do more.
Speaker 3: They can do a lot more, and we don't. We won't settle for their bullshit. They know we want, They know the God did you all right?
Speaker 1: Bye? Bitch?
Speaker 3: The government bais my grown chips and your nails.
Speaker 2: All Kuala bears are racist.
Speaker 6: The host of Layer for hosting money, fur ships and many turkey stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't tell me