Speaker 1: We got your back to back classics, because there's no such thing as too much of a good thing, right Yeah, well, no one's going to get a tattoo of that quote. Yeah, no about it too much? It sounds good when you hear it first. Yeah, well, we're only doing too let's not get crazy. Two back to back classics right now. And we always love to highlight our listeners because we just are so appreciative that you're here, honestly. Yeah, Brooke, Ashley Miller wanted to know do you do marriage breakups? Brook asking for a friend. We're going to go with a hot no on that, you know, to make the new segment the Brooke breaks The Brook breaks you up is like funny if it's a and can be lighthearted if it's a new relationship and I know you shouldn't be in it.
Speaker 2: But that they're adopted, Yeah into that.
Speaker 1: How far can we take this?
Speaker 2: It gives Brook breaks bad news?
Speaker 1: Can you let our producer not be listening right now? All right, let's move forward quickly with your back to back classics right now.
Speaker 3: On this show, we tend to focus a lot on what not to say during a first date. Oh yeah, Like, for example, you shouldn't say you know, you remind me of that super hot mannequin in j C. Pennies with the whitehead, and never say I don't like labels. That's why I removed them off of all my meds today.
Speaker 2: No, what I don't.
Speaker 3: But you know what we don't hear enough of is things that you should say during your first dates. That's why I'm excited for today's listener because he claims his date said one specific thing to their waiter that wasn't just a green flag. It made him instantly realize she was relationship material. Ladies, make sure you're taking notes when you hear it in a second date update coming up next.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning second date Update.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you can tell right away if you're romantically compatible with a person just by how they order at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: So attractive Suddenly you're talking Jose's love language.
Speaker 3: I know Jose is like, for example, if you're at a fancy steakhouse and they say, yeah, I'll get a side of onion petals, no sauce, and a wedge salad as my mane, but with no bacon, no blue cheese. Can I sub the croutons? For keen waff Lakes instead. I'm like, uh, can we go ring shopping right now? Because that's the high maintenance dream girl I've always needed in my life.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want super hot, that's what you have to put up with. Yeah, well, they have to make sacrifice.
Speaker 2: They can have a couple bites exactly.
Speaker 3: That's how our listener Andy says he knew his date was just the right girl for him.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Really, We'll learn more about it in a second. But first, Andy, you welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Hey, guys, thanks for having me. Man.
Speaker 1: God, any time we open these Andy talking about food, I'm immediately hungry. They absolutely want to know what was ordered and what restaurant, well, every food related item.
Speaker 3: We'll get to all that stuff in just a second. First, let's start with the name of this person, this girl you met. What's she all about?
Speaker 6: Well, her name is Carla, Okay, and she's awesome. But I've been recently even trying to kind of get out on dating seeing a little bit more, okay, because i was out of the market for a while and now I'm back in and trying to get the lay of the land. Okay, One thing that I've noticed is women these days, they're so particular on their meals. I'm a laid back kind of guy, and it's like it's super annoying when they're like hold this and not that, like just get some fish.
Speaker 2: Look, people do low car but it's like, hey, no, rise, I need ve Jesus at adjustment.
Speaker 1: Like people are just more food conscious.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're pretty tired of that. Did that happen on your date with Carla?
Speaker 6: That's the thing, not at all.
Speaker 1: That's all she had to do.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'll take the blank and you were like, I love you?
Speaker 1: Is that accurate?
Speaker 6: Yeah? What did go? She was a breath of fresh air, very easy going. We went to a Mexican restaurant and all she did was she just ordered the sahidas, just like the chicken.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the fahitas are the ones that you can put together yourself. You don't even have to ask them for substitution.
Speaker 2: You have to choose though, chicken or bee.
Speaker 1: So I mean already, like as soon as she orders, does your whole mood change?
Speaker 6: And I was like totally under her and I was like, oh, moving with me mouth.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude, did you tell her about your experiences and how refreshing it was to see her order like that after?
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't want to premptibly warn her so lest she gets all nervous when she's ordering her referr.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of that sounds great. You got the green flag with the food order. Tell us what about anything else that stood out on the date with Carla?
Speaker 6: Oh? I mean she's cute, she has a great personality, and when she spoke about things, she would literally light up. Like one of the questions I asked her I was like, do you think your cat actually likes you? Or just putting up with you?
Speaker 3: I like that question on the date, what'd she say?
Speaker 6: She explained, like how they were like best friends. But it wasn't like in a corny way. It was in a very great energy kind of way. Just a pause.
Speaker 2: Asking someone about their pets is a good move always.
Speaker 3: Okay, that personally lost me for dating Carla, but I'm glad that you and her are on the same page.
Speaker 2: Hold on you on high maintenance and pets.
Speaker 3: Yes, very low negative energy.
Speaker 2: If you're just typed, ye will get zero.
Speaker 1: I think that what's sweet is that she lit up about her cat and you are literally lighting up talking about her, like sounds so excited.
Speaker 2: How'd you mess it up?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 7: Out of the rest of the rest of them?
Speaker 6: It was great. We hung out way longer than we should have at the dinner table, and then we decided we didn't want the night to end, so we ended up kind of going back to my place. We opened up a bottle of wine and we talked some more. We we had more conversations, like one of them was like about, if you want to delete one app forever, what would it be. My answer was TikTok and she was like, no, I want to believe venmo so I'd never have to pay for anything again.
Speaker 1: Okay, and she's funny dude.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I'm coming back around on yeah, okay, So how did you and Carla leave it that night?
Speaker 6: I mean, I didn't want the night to be over, but it was getting late and being respectful first date and everything, so I called her an uber and she went home and I haven't heard from her since. The weird thing though, is like I'll text her and she'll like my text, but she's not responding, Like are you yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you asking a question? Are you, just saying.
Speaker 6: Hi, no, also asking a question like i'd love to see you again, went and I'll take you out again. She's like putus on up, and it's like, okay, well I guess it's up as good, but I need an answer here.
Speaker 3: Unless it's not even her answering and her cat has the password to her phone, it is just getting in there, pawing around, liking your your text message.
Speaker 2: It's like, emphasize emphasis.
Speaker 3: You clearly had a strong connection the first time you hung out, so it's weird that nothing's happened.
Speaker 1: Since she's given like some positive vibes. It's not like she's.
Speaker 3: That's what scares me when we call and talk to her. We have to put up with those positive vibes and hopefully get an answer out of her when we come back and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks, I appreciate you, all, all right?
Speaker 4: Hold on man brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 3: I only do this maybe a couple times a year that I'm highlighting this second date as one we have to get.
Speaker 1: This guy is so head over heels from her.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I'm actually compared to all the other calls that we've done this year. I'm actually going to put effort into this one for our listener.
Speaker 2: Andy, you're not putting an effort on.
Speaker 1: The your body leg doesn't say that any arms cross or sitting dock.
Speaker 3: This is my effort most because Andy, he's on the phone with us. Andy, you seem like a genuinely good guy. And the way that you described your date Carla to us, she seems like a really cool person too, because most guys that we have on here, they just describe how hot their dates bodies are and how they tricked them into spending the night. Recently, I mean, I told her.
Speaker 2: How much I could bench press. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: And while we're all impressed by that stuff, for sure, you actually focused on Carla's personality and her words. So clearly this means a lot to you.
Speaker 6: Yes, that definitely doesn't. I appreciate the kind words, and I also I appreciate the effort as well.
Speaker 1: Okay from Jeffrey, Yeah, rare people get it. So you should count yourself lucky. What do you think is going on? Why do you think it's been so hard with her?
Speaker 6: No clue to Ganci, which is why I reached out to you. It's like it's we had a great conversation, had a great time at dinner, with a great time back in my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a mystery to all of us, and we're running out of time here, so we need to call her. I'm going to dial her number right now. Good luck to me. Here we go, good luck to me, good luck to it.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is Carla there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: This is she?
Speaker 6: Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hey, Carla?
Speaker 1: Hi, Carla.
Speaker 3: Love your name. By the way, my name is Gross. It's jeff and I work on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, she sounds like a real sailor, but it comes in.
Speaker 3: It is. And we're not trying to shock you too much. But we're calling as a favor to a really cool new friend of ours. We spoke to him on the phone, and you've met him before. He's a guy named Andy.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh whoa interesting that was a negative? Oh yeah, I mean maybe it didn't come out right. You remember Andy?
Speaker 6: Right again?
Speaker 8: What is this about? I'm just I don't know what this is all about.
Speaker 3: This is a segment we do called second Date Update. It's about your date and Andy according to him, said that when you guys hung out, it was a lot different than most of the other dates that he's gone on this year in a really good way. So we're just trying to figure out if there's a reason why there hasn't been a second meetup, because he's really hoping for one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I just I feel like I probably didn't have gone to his apartment.
Speaker 1: Gone to his apartment.
Speaker 2: He said, you guys didn't fool around or anything.
Speaker 3: What was weird about his apartment?
Speaker 8: Okay, Well I'll just say this. There were a lot of framed photos.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's good. Usually usually bachelors can't figure out frames and picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bought with a frame.
Speaker 3: Like, why were framed photos a red flag to you?
Speaker 8: There there are framed photos of him of Andy.
Speaker 3: Wait, well, I would hope that they would be him in his own apartment.
Speaker 2: No, bro, I'm talking about my art, like him or him with people. Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 8: Just him, just him when he's graduating, when he's like heading a tiger. I think it was that's cool.
Speaker 3: Well, what's a red flag about that? To you?
Speaker 8: There were twenty of them him.
Speaker 3: That's a lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: But listen, he's a solo guy. He lives by himself, and obviously maybe he just has him up because he wants to remind himself of all the cool places he's been.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I should put up some stuff.
Speaker 3: So Brookes, you you would see this and you would think this is normal.
Speaker 2: Twenty plus pictures twenty's a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know about normal. But I'm just like, I don't know that it's like nefarious or means that he's a bad person.
Speaker 3: She doesn't say nefarious. She just said it's odd or it's weird.
Speaker 1: She used it as a red flag, and it's the reason that she's not calling him back. And I don't know that that's fair. That's all I'm saying. He's like cocky too, but I.
Speaker 5: Don't know that it is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, were there any cocky pictures of him and made you think, Wow, this guy is a real chirt?
Speaker 6: Wrong?
Speaker 2: Jeff Well, I think.
Speaker 6: It's a.
Speaker 3: Word.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he had a photo of himself flexing.
Speaker 3: Did he have muscles?
Speaker 2: Did he have muscles?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: Was it good?
Speaker 6: It was okay? At best?
Speaker 3: I mean okay, I mean we could go into detail and talk about what was inside of all of his photos. But I'm still trying to understand what the underlying problem is.
Speaker 1: You don't see it as a red flag.
Speaker 3: What is it. He's confident in himself and like, okay, self absorbed.
Speaker 1: Or you're worried that he doesn't have friends.
Speaker 8: I did feel like it was clear to me after being there for half an hour it would be difficult to date someone who's already in a committed relationship with himself.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. Maybe it's that motivational thing people do where you put a photo yourself as a kid in the mirror. He just has twenty of them. Well, he's talking to the graduate, just came across as such a good guy. I just's I felt.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. Maybe we got a totally wrong read on him, and he's absolutely obsessed with himself because he is on the other line right now listening in on this conversation, which I guess.
Speaker 6: In a way is about oh, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And he does want to talk to you, Andy.
Speaker 6: Hi, Carla, how are you hi?
Speaker 8: And this is like embarrassing for you. I don't want to put you on blacks on the radio because I thought we had a.
Speaker 6: Great time and weren't necessarily responding back to me. And I didn't know you were gonna be kind of hanging on all the photos of like big moments in my life and stuff like that, and and you saw there everywhere.
Speaker 8: There's one in the bathroom, Like, whoa.
Speaker 7: It's weird.
Speaker 6: Look Okay, I'm sorry, I'm I don't have very good interior decoration skills. I guess you can say you mention it seem like I have a big crush on myself.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you could crush on yourself.
Speaker 2: Can we ask, bro, like when you were putting up all those pictures, why like why did you put those up?
Speaker 6: I don't know. If there're just big moments in my life that it's nice of when I'm walking around being reminded of them, Like you mentioned the tigers, Like that's a trip I took with my parents when I went to Africa, Or I do I do have a shirtless Jim selfie on my one?
Speaker 3: Is that the bathroom one? Because I would understand, Yeah, like.
Speaker 6: I mentioned before, I've been off the market for a while, I might have gained a lot of weight and so like this is a picture of like after I hit my goal rate type of thing.
Speaker 3: Carl, are you hearing him?
Speaker 1: I'm hearing this.
Speaker 8: I just feel like maybe he could have asked one of his friends and like, is this too many photos?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like it didn't register with him at all. Like have you ever had anyone else comment about the excessive amount of photos? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't really. I don't have a lot of people come over to be honest with you, and then you think about decorating with sock target photos of like red succulent plants or whatever.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's not hate on people that like to decorate from target because they have some good stuff.
Speaker 2: You should use a woman's touch. Maybe you two can help each other. I'm just an adjusted a little bit.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have a reasonable amount that he should have, Carla, is there a number and head that's okay? Of course?
Speaker 8: Like three macs?
Speaker 6: How the world? I choose just three for my moment.
Speaker 3: Actually, Andy, I have a good suggestion for you. They have these digital photo frames. Now we're all rotate through like five hundred and you don't have to limit it down.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm definitely open to some options here, but I mean some of them need to stay up here.
Speaker 1: He's taking this instride. Some people could have gotten really defensive about it.
Speaker 3: He went through all of this effort just to get in touch.
Speaker 1: With you, and look at what he could look like. I mean that gym picture she did say it was okay.
Speaker 3: Well, no, it's room for improvement, is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 6: So, I mean, if you give me a second date that leads to the third, fourth, one hundred dates, then we can start hanging up pictures of us together, twenty.
Speaker 2: Pictures of you.
Speaker 3: Now that you know everything, Carlo, you've heard what he has to say, would you consider going out with him again? We would pay for it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I feel like he was kind of in the dark about it. It's not like he's in love with himself, which I was really worried about. Yeah, would be interested. But he has to take down some of those photos if I'm going.
Speaker 1: Back, or at least turn them around so not all of him is looking at you at the same time.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys can actually do that on your next date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pick your top one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm totally down. We'll go out to dinner, then afterwards you can go back and have a redecoration party.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Andy, you got another meet up with Carla.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate your how.
Speaker 4: We set a goal to get them together and we did it, guys without even one picture of us.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, in front of us.
Speaker 3: That is our effort for the entire year. We can go back to not caring any can bail.
Speaker 2: It in.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, today's second date was a good lesson for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to put effort into things.
Speaker 3: No, because I have lots of frame photos of myself up in my place. I believe my thing isn't in any of them capture other stuff.
Speaker 1: But I almost asked what was and that was No, you.
Speaker 3: Can't come over and check it out if you want.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I might get printed it like a public place.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, now I know I need to limit them down to just three. So that's good to know. But I do think Brooke actually said it best during the segment because he seems genuinely surprised that too many photos of himself could be something that derails a date.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but good for him, he was open minded, he was willing to change and adjust. That's literally the number one thing you can do to be in a successful relationship.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so hard for people these days to here's something like maybe a somewhat critical about themselves and think, yeah, oh, okay, well I can fix that. No, that's a great thing to think after that.
Speaker 3: They really were a great match. And I hope that we do get an update from them soon, and you could be the next couple that we get an update from. If you email the show, well call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts. They're available at Brook and Jeffery free in the morning. There's no better feeling for a guy than having an amazing date with a beautiful woman, and at the end of the night hearing her say that she can't wait to see you again, even if it is Alexis and she just puked into your car center console.
Speaker 1: Ah, can't wait to see you again, and I put it in the console You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Still feels good. Well, one of our listeners knows that feeling because he was on cloud nine after his first rendezvous until he received a one word text message from that girl that was as cold and icy as it was just confusing. So now he needs our help in your second date update right after.
Speaker 4: This, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: You ever have a date with someone where you plan to do one thing together, but then the date night gets closer and suddenly you decide, eh, you know what, forget dinner, let's do paintball instead.
Speaker 1: Wright turn, you get.
Speaker 3: A little closer and plans change again, and then your plans change another time. I keep changing. Some people could see that and think, oh, this person is spontaneous and creative.
Speaker 1: Or just indecisive.
Speaker 3: Others might see it as chaotic and indecisive. Today, our listener James isn't sure where he falls because he says his plans kept changing, so didn't go out on two dates, didn't go out on one. He calls it one date and a half.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Let's learn about it. James, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: You get it.
Speaker 1: There's a couple indecisive people, including myself on this show, so understand you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you indecisive? Do you keep changing plans? Or does this the world keep changing your plans?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I mean you know life is life, and you.
Speaker 3: Know life is life, and well, I need to put that on a bumper stick by.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, but life was coming at you and you have to switch things up.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, I mean because after our first date, man, she texts me and says she had a great time.
Speaker 7: You want to do it again?
Speaker 6: Right? Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Who is she? We don't know who she is?
Speaker 9: Okay, her name is Lisa and absolutely gorgeous. She could be Zoli's on Donna's older sister.
Speaker 3: Whoa Yeah, wow, I don't know who that is, but the name is the blue girl from Avatar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't really see what she looks like in that anything like that then.
Speaker 7: I mean she's not smurf fat, but she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's awesome, that's exciting. Where did you meet her? Did you say, I'm sorry, but we we met on a dating app? Okay?
Speaker 7: And so yeah, we have the same interest and stuff like that.
Speaker 9: I have, like my own company, I have to travel a lot, and I know with her with her job, she has to travel.
Speaker 1: So okay, that's always nice to find somebody who understands that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're both business right right, But I mean, like for three weeks, you know, we were just can we meet here and she's like, oh no, my schedule, I gotta go out of town. Okay, all right, first week out of town. Then the following week I had to go out of town. So one day I said, well, hey, well what about here, let's meet at this place? She said, well, you know, my girls were going to brunch a day. I said, well, hey, after your brunch, let's just hang out and just have some drinks or something more.
Speaker 1: Drinks, because brunch doesn't come without drinks.
Speaker 3: The fact that anybody could walk away from a brunch is that's just impressive in itself, right right, And I.
Speaker 9: Mean if we didn't go there, I mean it was a nice little place that was next door that we could have had our privacy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's nice too, because like you're trying to accommodate her busy schedule, and I'm sure she appreciated that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how did she respond to that idea?
Speaker 9: Well, see, that's what I'm gonna say, man. Her response was like, never mind, like what wait?
Speaker 1: And this is after you'd already gone on one good date.
Speaker 9: Right, We did on one good date, and I was trying to get a half date by.
Speaker 7: Going like after brunch.
Speaker 9: But again I know, three weeks had passed. I know, things happen and you get back into your routine. So I'm like, yo, at least let me see you or something. You know, Let's let's just drive by each other and wave.
Speaker 7: But oh, like what happened?
Speaker 1: That is weird?
Speaker 2: Or maybe she does know like me and my friends get drinks, I don't want to meet up with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, planning stuff back to back can feel so overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Did she plan anything else with you after that?
Speaker 7: She said never mind?
Speaker 9: And I mean even she could have said, well, could we meet before the brunch?
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's so early. I let's get a great pair.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So before we keep going, let's just rewind back for a second here, James, can we know a little bit about date number one? Oh that's a good point, Like where did you guys go? What was so great about it? Just give us a few details so that we know what it was like.
Speaker 9: So we went to this Italian restaurant, real nice during happy hour and had a great time salad, you know, Pops, and we're trying to watch those carbs and stuff, but you're.
Speaker 3: Salad, great time. Yeah, as much as much dressing as you want to go exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: I never understand why people who were worried about carbs go to an Italian restaurant. That's all right, I mean, how was the conversation, the connection between you two?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it was good. We had great conversation.
Speaker 9: We found out we liked certain things, you know, our spirit animal. I don't want to go into too much detail, but okay.
Speaker 7: Hey, I forgot to say, and she we did have a kiss.
Speaker 5: Oh you did.
Speaker 1: Okay, there was a kiss, right, you.
Speaker 7: Know at the end of the day.
Speaker 9: Nothing to elaborate, but just nice kiss is like cool.
Speaker 7: And then I get this text.
Speaker 9: She enjoyed it, she had a great time, and she said, let's do this again.
Speaker 1: So there was like no doubt in your mind that this was going somewhere exactly.
Speaker 9: I think like the scheduling thing, I understood, but I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't understand like why this was like never mind.
Speaker 3: And so there hasn't been There's never been a second meet up that's materialized out of all this.
Speaker 1: I would like for it, But NA, why'd we say there was one and a half then there was only one half?
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen. Yeah, it didn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it did happen with her and her girlfriends. He just wasn't there.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count for you in a guy's world.
Speaker 1: That counts desperate man.
Speaker 3: Well that's where we're at, James, is terrible.
Speaker 2: Four dates last week. They all said no, but in.
Speaker 3: My mind we were parties. So James, we're going to reach out to Lisa for you. We'll see if she picks up, and then we'll try and get you your second date update right after this. Hold on.
Speaker 4: I think brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us for the second date update, our listener, James has spent the last three weeks arranging and rearranging plans, desperately trying to meet up with a woman named Lisa, who he already went out with once, and Brooks yawning about.
Speaker 1: The recap that my coffee just has it hit.
Speaker 3: Jess first date it was it was yes, according to her.
Speaker 1: Out on that stuff, nobody would have known.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking around the room now.
Speaker 2: Sixteen other people just yawned into.
Speaker 3: Ye, I'm just saying, according to James and to Lisa because she responded afterwards that it was great they had a good kiss, a top notch Caesar salad, everything you could ever want in a romantic first meet up. And now, after all that effort, the last thing that Lisa texted him was never mind. It's one of the top three worst things a woman can send to a guy. But James, we're gonna try and help you get this thing back on track.
Speaker 7: All right, it sounds great.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I feel like I only say never mind when I'm mad.
Speaker 3: That's a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like a mad response, for sure. Did have a period it at the end of never mind, it's like.
Speaker 3: End of conversation.
Speaker 2: Definitely, was it never mine? All right?
Speaker 3: Well, now I don't even know if she'll pick up, but seriously, let's see if she answers. I'm gonna dial her number right now. Hopefully we can get some answers out of her. But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Lisa. Yeah, we're we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, him asked, why are you calling me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're we're doing this segment it's called second Date Update, where we try to help out listeners who have gone out with somebody and they're having trouble arranging that second meetup. We try and help facility hate it or figure out if there's a reason why the other person doesn't want to see them again.
Speaker 2: And you can't say never mind. You have to participate.
Speaker 6: Okay, And you're calling.
Speaker 3: Me why because a little while ago, almost a month ago, you went out with one of our listeners named it long ago, he said, three weeks ago with a guy named James.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm not in contact with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he understands that we got that vibe.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it things shifted, though. Did it shift for you because at first he thought you were liking him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean the thing that's confusing to him is that after that first date, he said to you, guys even texted each other about having a great time, and you said you really wanted to meet up again?
Speaker 1: Or were you just pulling like a Lexus wood and just trying to be nice?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know, I mean honestly, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it, but that was them.
Speaker 3: Okay, So something has changed?
Speaker 1: Yeah what happened?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: Okay, So, like I text him and I did tell him that I had a wonderful time, and we were trying to meet up to see each other.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so at that point you're excited about him, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean absolutely, But it went from let me buy you dinner, and then it went to let's get drinks, then let me buy you drinks after brunch with my friends. And I'm the type of woman where if a guy says he wants to buy.
Speaker 9: Me dinner, then I'm going to hold him to that.
Speaker 5: And you know, however, with jeans, our potential meetups became progressively worse.
Speaker 3: So you you felt like as the conversation went on, he was willing to put less effort into meeting up with you.
Speaker 5: Listen, when a man says that he wants to buy you dinner, then I expect him to buy me dinner, not say, okay, let me buy your dinner and dinner. Next thing is like, okay, you know what, you know what, let me get you drinks, you know what, you know what, Let's just meet up after you hang out with your friends and we'll just spend a little ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it didn't make you feel special, But did you have time to get dinner? I thought you didn't have time.
Speaker 5: Well, there were times that I didn't have time, and there were times where he didn't have time. But you make time, plan it out and you make time. It's just not a drive by. Oh let me just see you real quick and keep going like I don't even know you like that.
Speaker 1: It's so weird because like I think he took it as he was putting an extra effort to try.
Speaker 5: To make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like shift around you and I know that you know, making time is very important. He's made time to be on the phone with you right now listening on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Talk about effort.
Speaker 5: You didn't tell me that he was going to be on.
Speaker 6: A phone, Yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: Just now, I think this is a misunderstanding. Honestly, James talked to her.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I mean, Lisa, I'm not treating you as a drive by.
Speaker 7: I was trying to make time so I.
Speaker 9: Can at least see you and so we can have conversation. But that was the whole purpose of doing it. You can get to know me, James.
Speaker 5: You text me, let me buy you dinner, and having drinks after being with my girls is not buy any dinner.
Speaker 9: Well, I didn't realize I had to be a bread basket in order to hang out with.
Speaker 1: You that I don't even know what that means either.
Speaker 7: I don't mean that you go to dinner.
Speaker 9: They usually give you bread before you have your dinner to feed a meal to her.
Speaker 1: And I don't know that that's exactly what she's saying there.
Speaker 7: No, that's exactly what she's saying.
Speaker 9: Because if I'm giving an effort to meet you and you said you want to get dinner with it's two people at the same time.
Speaker 5: You know, God, wait, you suggest dinner after the brunch. You could have said we went, you can go to dinner after brunch. I mean, like, not directly after, but later on that same day.
Speaker 6: Clearly I had time to go to brunch.
Speaker 5: Then maybe later on that evening I would have had time for dinner. But you didn't think about that?
Speaker 7: Said maybe no neither neither did you think about that? And I didn't know you love language with food like that? How about that I didn't know you loved the.
Speaker 5: Time and consideration?
Speaker 10: Then either you are Yeah, I think I think, honestly everybody needs to just relax just a little bit, because this just sounds like a big communication misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: We're forgetting that they had a great first date. They both admitted it. That's true that the conversation was great and the chemistry was on and the only problem that has come up is communicating how and when to meet up the second time.
Speaker 1: So, James, I mean that would be like, do you not want to meet her for dinner?
Speaker 7: Like, isn't dinner at this point?
Speaker 9: I'd rather just send a door dash and she can have a full course meal.
Speaker 1: I think she just wants the energy, not someone to pay for her dinner. She just wants the thoughtfulness, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Lisa, this was thoughtful. When we first talked to James, he described you as Zoe Saldana's younger, hotter sister.
Speaker 7: No, I actually said the older.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying to protect you here, James, So maybe he just go with what I said.
Speaker 9: He called me the older?
Speaker 3: How did the compliment backfire?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, how about this? How about this? Think of this, Lisa. He went out of his way to get a radio station to call you because he wanted to see you that much. That is effort.
Speaker 5: It sounds like he had you called me to embarrass me. No, No, it doesn't sound he was trying.
Speaker 6: To flatter me.
Speaker 3: No, it's the opposite. He wants to go out and actually spend time at a dinner with you, a dinner that we would pay for if you'll agree to meet up with him again.
Speaker 2: Well that was at the start.
Speaker 3: I don't know about Yeah, delete the last three weeks from your mind and just remember after that first date how good you felt about each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, no, because I feel like he's gonna he might stand me up.
Speaker 1: What why would he stand you?
Speaker 3: Us?
Speaker 6: Create?
Speaker 9: Okay, no, no, no, no, no, she's creating stuff now. Now she's going from a happy hour to a hostile hour, which is gonna probably lead to a hottle dinner.
Speaker 1: This is okay, hostile hour? Yeah, okay, so wait, does that mean that you're not interested in a date?
Speaker 3: He said? No? They what did I hear?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not interested in going on with that?
Speaker 9: Went back? Okay, okay, that's okay.
Speaker 7: The feeling is mutual.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, Well this one doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: They've shifted.
Speaker 3: Those shifted In Jesus words, life is life?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 3: Life? And right now? Am I right? James?
Speaker 7: Yeah? The thrill is gone.
Speaker 2: But the second dates or second date.
Speaker 3: They really are.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, by the end of that call. I don't know if there was anything that we could have said to save that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kind of took over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think dating is hard for both of them right now, and they just took it out on each other. Like I'm just saying about you know what I mean, Like it's just like, ah, I hate it all. They're both too busy to sleep deprived. Maybe it's like.
Speaker 2: Well, I want more than thirty minutes. I want a full dinner. I just want to see you.
Speaker 3: Right. But on a positive note, James did give us three of our top quotes for the entire year. Happy Hour turned into Hostile Hour. Life keeps on life in movie and you want a bread basket with that wine that I don't think I I kind of workshopped it, James. I changed it a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: I mean I always want a bread basket, So is always.
Speaker 6: Going to be yes.
Speaker 3: The whole thing was promises made, promises not kept. Goodness is we don't make any promises. When you go listen and do us on podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey just life is life in all that that's how we do Go check it out online wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey