Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take it.
Speaker 1: We'll get some of the stocks on the move today. For that, we're joined by Bloomberg's Carmen Ranicky. Let's start with Take two. So, I mean, first of all, do we really need a Grand Theft Auto six? Can I shay that out loud?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, email's coming in.
Speaker 3: I don't know a lot about video games. It's like part of childhood that I just completely missed out on. But I know Grand Theft Auto on. You know, it's super popular and everyone's.
Speaker 2: Treasure shoot out to hijack a car. Sure.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: But so Take two ticker t t wo shares are down seven percent. Is like the worst intra date drop since early April. Basically, yeah, they delayed the release of this game. It was supposed to be in the fall, and now it looks like it will be in May twenty six. So Wall Street analysts were actually pretty positive on this. Some said that now that there's actually a date, they feel a lot better about it. Until there was a you know, actual solid date on the calendar. They felt that like further delays were always possible. So even though stock is down there, most of the analysts were still pretty positive on it. Take two and yeah, I think the public's really really waiting for GTA six.
Speaker 1: I remember back in my day, I did I think it was granted at that Botto something, And I did the whole overnight thing with the line outside some game stop in the middle of midtown with a camera talking to people man on the street, bringing back those memories gamer.
Speaker 2: No I was doing for work? Oh for work?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, god no, no, I was at the camera talking to people, doing man on the street stuff for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Let's also hit Apple here. So we're looking at a couple downgrades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there are two downgrades this morning for Apple. The first was from Jeffreys, which cut its rating to underperform, which is a rare perish view on the stuff. I think it has at least to underperform or sort of sell ratings. The rest of the street is, you know, rather bullish on shares of Apple. Rosenblat Securities also cut its rating from buy to neutral. Basically, this comes after earnings that just weren't enough to sort of asswitche some of like investors' fears around the escalating tariff situation and a slow down in growth in China. Apple said that it expects the tariffs to boost costs by nine hundred million in the current period, and analysts really pushed Tim Cook on the call for any indication beyond the current period, which he really would not give. So there's a big question mark there as to, you know, how much it could hurt Apple if if the tariffs sort of escalate and continue, and how long that goes on. So two downgrades is pretty pretty big deal for Apple. Shares are down more than four percent today.
Speaker 1: And let's go to five below. So if we take a look at Bloomberg intelligen Is tariff matrix, five below was one of the companies that got hit the hardest in terms of getting having to pass on cost increases.
Speaker 3: What do we learned today though, Yeah, so they gave preliminary earnings shares about more than six and a half percent the best in about a week. They raised their forecast for first quarter sales and profit, which really goes against sort of this idea that they're going to get hit super hard. By tariff, so they'll obviously the quarter reflects sort of before when the tariffs are really getting going. Basically, it seems like a strong Easter holiday, which fell in April this year, is going to help out five below, as well as actually consumers pulling forward some of their spending because they're anticipating price increases because of tariff. So I think that's really interesting that, you know, they're they're expecting people to kind of stock up ahead of time.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.