Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Well, we're thrilled, Miles to be joined in our third seat by an affordable housing advocate who is working to help address modern day redlining by trying to overturn the Thurmond Amendment.
Speaker 3: Please, welcome to the show. Use off dog.
Speaker 4: Well, I appreciate that. I wish I had an AKA I could reference, but it's just you.
Speaker 3: So it's just fine. Sometimes sometimes the name is enough, you know, preced you know, Valley of the Doll. Yeah, I don't know. Let's not do that dollar arts by Whole to take it back to the nineties. Is that the one some day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well think is that? Is that doll parts? I don't not a lot of Courney Love Cobaine fans in here.
Speaker 1: Huh Okay, I was, I was Cobaine, but I think Whole went a little too hard for me. Look, man, I'm still getting over this idea of peanut butter and jelly together.
Speaker 3: I mean that's that's crazy. Oh yeah, yep, you will ache like I that's all parts, dull parts. Thank you nineteen ninety four Brain, You're welcome. Uh but yusuf where you come into.
Speaker 4: Us from Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I mean kind of a seminal place in terms of housing when we're talking about housing, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, certainly, I think it's the type of city that's emblematic of a lot of our cities across the country that really are a tale of two cities.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: There's places in this community that are vibrant and thriving, and there's a lot of other parts in the city that have quite frankly been left behind.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, yeah, oh man, I'm really looking forward to our discussion because, like as you were saying before we came, you came on, you know, like when we have these guests on to talk about a specific subject, I mean, just the thermin amendment just opens the door to so many different conversations, whether it's about our car sol system, whether it's about housing, how we view housing, and even how America even does its threat assessments, and they typically just end up being just overtly racist. And this is no exception. There's no exception.
Speaker 1: What is the attitude in Allentown toward the Billie Joel song?
Speaker 4: One of ambivalent's because well, it's a good song, right, so it's kind of hard not to like the song. But I think the city has really done a tremendous job of reinventing itself, and so you know, there's a sense that that song really doesn't represent the spirit and the future of Allentown today. So there's a level of ambivalence. But it's Billy Joels, so you can't really, you know, hate it too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he said opens up, well we're living here in Allentown, and you know, I mean that's Those are the only lyrics that I know. So I was going to try and say something profound about it, but okay, I can't remember any of the other parts. Something about a factory town.
Speaker 3: There you go, Poda, remember what that song about?
Speaker 1: Incisive commentary like, well, we're living here in Allentown is a lyric in Allentown. There it is all right, great, Well, we're going to talk about housing in a moment, but before we get into our expert guests area of expertise, we do like to get to know you a little bit better by asking what's either something from your search history that's revealing about who you are or something that you have recently screencapped short for screen captured that is revealing about screen shot it?
Speaker 4: Even shot screen shot it. Yeah, so my last screen shot was actually a list of Republicans on the Financial Services Committee, so directly related to this work on the the Therm and Amendment. As I'm sure we're going to get into this is this is going to be a big month because we have legislation that's going to be introduced, but we're trying to make it bipartisan, and so I'm doing a lot of work trying to identify folks on the right who might be interested in this common sense reform to extend opportunity.
Speaker 3: How's it going? How are you feeling about that?
Speaker 1: How the you see any any names on there that you're like they seem to exist in a version of reality.
Speaker 4: I tend to be an optimistic person. I always feel like the thing with legislation is the key is to actually get in front of these people. So for me, the the challenges how do you how do you look at this list and how do you mine your network to get in the door, because you believe that if you can just get in front of these people and explain what you're trying to do, common sense will prevail and you'll get through.
Speaker 3: Right. Is that do you think that's I mean, I guess there's something with housing. How do you sort of tailor this argument to appeal to someone like Ron Johnson who has dealt in all kinds of really backwards thinking out loud when it comes to things like the carcial system or race and things like that. Do you have to is he actually be like, oh, that's messed up, like people who just had a drug charge can't get in the housing? Like yeah, I want to do that? Or is it? Or like how do you thread that needle? Because from my perspective, I'm like, what do you tell Ron Johnson to try and get him to see the light in terms of something like this is common sense reform like that there's no net negative here. This is like about just like making things a little bit more equitable, And they'll be like, what is that woke? But yeah, I'm curious what's sort of what's the what's thes with something like that?
Speaker 4: Well, so I think, first of all, you always have to contextualize this in the framework of opportunity, right because in theory, everybody wants to extend opportunity to people in this country in theory. And so it was really about legislation, like the Thermin Amendment denies people have been justice impacted the ability to be judged based on market measures and assessments of risk.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So, the market has a way of predicting or suggesting how reliable you're going to be as a creditor. Right. So it's your credit score, it's your income history. There's a lot of different measures that objectively the market assigns to you to suggest your risk profile. The Thermin Amendment nullifies all of that. And so the case that I made was, Hey, give these folks access to the free market and the free market mechanisms of risk like everyone else. And you know, and I made the analogy that I can literally go to a bank right now and borrow a million dollars. I can do that, but I could not secure a town home apartment because of my twenty five year old drug distribution conviction.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: That just didn't seem to make a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Wow, well, right, now.
Speaker 4: Does that translate in actual support.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the right, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, anyone, anyone can sit across from you and say, yeah, that doesn't make sense. But what you really need are folks who are going to put some capital on the table and help you affect this change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, abstraction is the root of the problems that are happening, where it's like easier to just make somebody a concept, you know that's like on your screen or like a you know, a number on a spreadsheet, and when you actually get in a room with a person and they have to deal with the fact that you know, you are a human being, it at least for that time can make a big change. But then after the fact, as a matter of like getting them not to go back to the comfortable thing of you know, a system that seems to lend itself to just abstracting people and treating people as like values on a spreadsheet. So yeah, doing doing truly the difficult important work.
Speaker 3: Andrew, what's something you think is underrated? I see something that is underrated.
Speaker 5: Something I did yesterday that I forgot that I haven't done in a while, which is just putting the vegan thing in a not vegan place to wit.
Speaker 3: I had, but go on Burger Lords.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Burger Lords has a has a vegan burger, right that is that's a it's a burger place in Los Angeles, on the one in the Highland Park's Park, and they have a vegan burger that's quite good in that it's like it's like a little on the like falafey side, Like there's like a lot of grain in it, and there's a lot of like kind of visible texture and yeah, it's just like a nice kind of like a patty of something.
Speaker 3: And I just got that. I got a double burger with one beef, one vegan oat. Nice wha. Yeah you're down for the swirl like that? Yeah, okay, because I was like, they're they're they're genuinely really different. It is a burger that that doesn't really try to like em. It's not like a just worse meat burger. It's kind of like its own thing. And I was like, oh yeah, I love I love like like vegan hamburger. It it really like with impossible and stuff. It's really like the experience isn't that much different to me, especially if you use like normal cheese. Then I'm like, yeah, ok, I won't eat the be Yeah, yeah, I'll eat the cheese and look at me better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the the vegan whopper is I think I'm this one. I'm positive I have said on this show and I'll say it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The vopper, Yeah, the vopper really highlights that the taste of a whopper is just fake smoke and mayonnaise and right right right, yes, like anything else could be in there. So it is like, yeah, you can't can't be eating a beef whopper the experience with the vegan burgers or what You're still pure beef? What do you do? I have a life.
Speaker 6: I have three years left, and my life expectancy is quite I've hit my ceiling already.
Speaker 3: I'm on borrow time.
Speaker 6: But Andrew, I have a question for you. So you said, so you ordered a vegan patty and so it was was it was a double, so they were both it was a double between the same buns. How did you order it? Did you did they oh yeah, did they hesitate at all? Or were you like order two separate?
Speaker 5: And then you know because they have an option for a double anyway, and I just can I just get a double?
Speaker 3: But can I just got one? Of them vegan, and it is true.
Speaker 5: The guy taking my order looked at me side looked down at the like okay.
Speaker 3: And so it wasn't. It was admittedly a pain in the ass. How did I ring this up? Dude? This one beef? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Because it's a propertly reasonable request. It just would sound odd to the ear for.
Speaker 3: The first time.
Speaker 6: Where my friend Todd he would do a thing where he would order a small coffee at a large cup, and it would be because he wanted to add like a bunch of milk up to it, which is not cool, but like that's what you would do. And he also was like, oh but you also get more. You get charged for a small, but they will give you a meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this kind of ship Todd Glass is teaching you man.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, that's why he was my mentor. Yeah, and that's why I order. They have a massive like a sixty four gallon drum drink.
Speaker 3: Looks like a barrel of methylamine for baking. Is that the fabled Stanley cup? Is that what that is? This is? Yeah, I haven't based I'm going to put a child in it. And has Blake has a construction orange Stanley cup that does genuinely look more like a code. Look at this, Look at this tormented promo cup. I got yellow Stone White. People know I'm safe. I bring I got, I got nothing. Yeah, oh, you got to have a cup that shows you're saying I.
Speaker 5: Did see a This is this is the part of fucking I guess like TikTok Instagram reels that I'm on the suggested hack, which is which was to a similar similar idea as that you get more in the small cup or small drink big cup idea is when you're at Chipotle, right when they're about to give you the second scoop of beans, go oh, actually, could I get half and half beans? Because of what they do is typically drop the the scoop they already have. They're like, fuck, it's already in the spoon, it's going in, and then they give you another scoop of another the other bean.
Speaker 3: Wow beans classically the single cheapest food you found a free walk or something like yeah. Like even they're like, dude, if you just look, you could have just asked me to hook it up. I don't give a fuck. I bring my own can Ian. What's something you think is overrated.
Speaker 7: Okay, honestly voting just kidding not. I think what if what.
Speaker 3: I was like voting finally here first? You heard it here first.
Speaker 7: This is also kind of related, but like I think cell phones and the Internet might be over I think it's done.
Speaker 3: It's just done. I mean, yeah, the internet, the Internet just seems to be the used to be the cause of and solution to all of life's problems, and now it just feels like the cause of and solution to cause of all and solution to some of life life's problems. Yeah, no, weird way, Like we'll get into it later.
Speaker 7: But like with Twitter, like everyone's mad about getting the blue check mark. I didn't used to get mad on the internet. I used to look up funny videos of people getting betted, learn how to make bums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun. Star Runner and maybe some like gnarly car crash videos on evil Chili dot com or one of those fucked up websites that I remember looking at and people like, what are you? I don't know the ships on this ship's on here, this ship's on here, and then yeah.
Speaker 7: I think they still have Wait, can I say the F word.
Speaker 3: On this podcast? Which one you can of course you can't wait. Actually that's a good question.
Speaker 7: There there was a site called E Fucked and oh.
Speaker 3: Internet U K T yes, And it's all like porn bloopers and like just like really niche porn, like one where like a dude's dressed like as an alien. You got like seven dicks and ship. Yes, look I was, Look, I was. I was in my twenties on the internet to at one point, and I remember and they used to do the wildest ship. They'd be like head shot, they'd be like all kinds of weird sounds. They would like edit into shit. Bro, I'm so glad I'm off that. You know, I'm mature, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: But that was better. Now it's like, oh, I have to see if a hundred people looked at my Instagram story.
Speaker 3: No, let me go look at far right. Yeah. The Golden era, the golden era when it was just more like yeah, it was a just a sordid lake for us to sip from, you know, yeah yeah, oh yeah, the hits, the hits goats. See we all know. Look, yeah, so many of those things that were just for like that's how you knew like someone was like, oh you were like one of the weird bad motherfuckers. Hunh, because you knew about that ship. Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was interesting running into those people or you would hear because it was word of mouth. It was when word of mouth was still more powerful than the Internet. Yeah, it's like, hey, have you seen this this video of a guy chops this thing off? You know, Yeah, that's fake and that's fake I know you're talking about. Yeah, all right, yeah, don't Yeah, it's Santa Claus. It's not really that next that's my saying, if you want.
Speaker 3: Me to my Santa Claus. Is that guy from the body modification Olympics or whatever that video is where he's completely Yeah he's chopping off a wee wee. That's fake. Yeah, sorry to debunk that. Sorry to debunk that. That's what I'm here for. I've I've done the research, so you don't have to. But yeah, what were you saying?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I don't even fucking care anymore that you set so yeah, everything's fucking all people of man, internet access some note whatever, go ahead, No, but that was the.
Speaker 3: Thing like back then you would just be like, yo, man, yo, I've not seen this video, and everybody will come over and you would be like getting high and ship everybody gather around your computer. You're at my time, my fucking like like desktop desktop computer. I'm like, y'all not ready for this one to like h and now it's like so casual, like everyone's so decent. It's it really is like a it's a terrible evolution that's occurred, you know what I mean, Like everyone's nothing is is like shocking anymore. And I think that's a really bad thing because overall we become numb to like really horrific shit. But anyway, that's the that's the Internet of twenty years ago, of fifteen to twenty years ago, yes, right before Obama came president. Okay, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and keep talking about this technology thing. But yeah, the smartphone thing, let's talk about it after this and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, And the Florida Supreme Court just gave the go ahead for Rob Desanti's six week abortion band. Yeah, akay, just an overall abortion.
Speaker 3: Ban, yeah, de facto. Basically it's going to go into effect in about thirty days and then until then there I guess comparatively more humane fifteen week ban will be the law of the land. And like you said, like mind you people don't most people do not know that they're pregnant within six weeks, So this is like.
Speaker 8: Pretty much nobody. It's fucking ridiculous unless you are constantly testing yourself.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and you're like at a doctor every day, like getting like a doctor, you know, doctor visit test. But you know. Many abortion advocates have also pointed out that because it's the third most most populous state, like, engaging in this kind of bullshit puts so many people at risk, not even in Florida, but the southeast because there are not states that are able to absorb this many patients that would be seeking abortion care to Alabama, yeah exactly, or you end up in a state where they're like what you came here for?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: No? No, So yes, it's looking yeah, pretty grim and like a lot of people are like, well this, I guess this helps because for at least until November, they will have to live in a total anti choice healscape that may motivate people to vote. But in that same session, the justices also gave the go ahead for a ballot measure that would protect abortion rights in the state so that's nice, all right, meet ball rob, you get this one. But also because they're not total animals, it will be about seven months, six months of absolute horror until you can vote this thing in and then obviously that has to get ratified, et cetera, et cetera. So that's a bit of the state the state of things in Florida. And you know, now it's just sort of like saying, like, wow, they've continued to do the same playbook where they don't realize how popular abortion rights are. In abortion access is yeah, and every like we've seen this constantly solidly read states. When this is on the ballot, people turn out in droves and right, and so to protect people's access to abortion, and then Republicans after, like on Wednesdays are like, what what happened? Yeah, it is.
Speaker 8: It is weird because it doesn't seem to be popular at all to ban abortion except for in this kind of weird right wing donor class that demands it. And it's like they're basically just trying to play kate this really extreme fringe of voters who seem to have no like there's not enough of them to swing an election. So you wonder why they're doing it other than just because they're assholes.
Speaker 3: Right, well, because like these donors, right, they're typically wealthy and also like ultra nationalists, Christians or like they're successful, like mall construction business in this piece, so I'll use all my money to do this kind of stuff. And it's like to your point, like these donors have there, they don't live in the reality where like over two thirds of the country lives. And they're like no, no, no, don't don't fuck with abortion access. They like they're like Francis and Peewee's Big Adventure, Like they're like a rich kid with like the most unreal demands are like I want pee wee Herman's bicycle, and it's like you can't have it, you fucking freak, And I can't have.
Speaker 8: That, then women can't get abortions is happening, No, truly truly. It's why all of the like like every culture war issue that's been like put forth by the right has been because at the behest of these you know, huge ultra right wing donor class people who are just very online. So all of the issues are very online, things like you know, woke, you know, and trans like that's that's the stuff that they are like this will you know, if I'm mad about it, then the governor better be mad about it too. And it's like, I don't think anyone. I mean, there are people going out to the polls to try to like end woke, but I don't think that on a even on like a statewide level, that's gonna flip the election for you. Yeah, people, I think forget why people like Donald Trump, And it's not because of his culture war you know stuff. It's because he just is like an asshole and he's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're like, ah see, like it's like I want that guy to be in the roast battle for me on the police exactly. That's sort of what it is like, because he'll fucking tell Hillary to shut up.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, he'll call he'll call my enemies a bitch. And it's just like, yeah, that's that's more relatable than this these like niche like right wing culture war issues that people are like, I guess I'm mad about that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. This definitely has like the the Biden camp rubbing their midst because they're like, we got a shot, now, we might have a shot.
Speaker 8: Lord, I know I mean, if if Biden is able to pull it out in November, it'll be because of how inept the Republicans are at reading a room, like yeah, for as bad as the Democrats are, they're.
Speaker 3: Banking on that. I mean they've been banking on and then there's them.
Speaker 1: It's the whole strategy, right, Like, we keep being like, wait, they're gonna run Biden again, but he's like so old, like that's such a such.
Speaker 8: A hum and more protesters go out to protest him and show up to his events.
Speaker 1: But that for a number of years now, their strategy has been basically look at them. Yeah, it's kind of working, like the I mean they yeah, I mean they.
Speaker 8: We'll see in November if it works. If it doesn't work, I'm very excited to be blamed personally.
Speaker 3: Yes, we will be all yeah, everybody who ever said anything negative about Joe Biden. They'll be like, I hope you're happy. Now you're happy. This is what you wanted, right, Yeah, But it's not incumbent on the candidate. The candidate to actually appeal to a wide base, I'd be like, fucking choose this one.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: They're like yo, yo, yo, easy. I got like I got Hey, I got rights too that I'm looking out for too. I'm looking out for But it does look like if they were ever going to be like, oh, this might be a shot, I guess maybe. I mean, traditional wisdom would say Florida is not really on the table for a flip. But you again, the narrative I think Biden and their campaign wants to run on is look what happened, Like this is Trump's Supreme Court that overturned Row and then now Republicans in general, like Rob DeSantis, the meatball pudding man, also wants to continue this trend. But then I think that's what's also interesting too, is it puts Trump in a weird position because he's kind of tried to have it like both ways, you know, like in the past he's been like, I that's me. That's because of my Supreme Court rogue got overturned. And then when they when they talk about a six week ban that desanton is talking about, he's like, that's terrible, that's terrible. Yeah, And you're like, well, hold on, what is it? Because he's I guess he's smart enough to know how fucking wildly unpopular the issue is maybe or he was just saying that because at the time he was running against Ron DeSantis and he's like, whatever he says is bad. So what is he gonna do. Is he gonna embrace the new band and be like, exactly, they're doing it right down there. Or is he going to be like, actually, vote for the ballot proposition and get that and help and shrine those rights and then lose the vangelicals Because that's also that's like half the battle with him, Like with the reason the Bible people, like the Bible people weren't up in arms about him selling bibles is because he's low key being like, yo, bro, test me. You're gonna have a seat at the table when it comes to national policy, right, but just let me fucking make my coins real quick. Look, you saw me. You saw the fucking wild, fake moral panic over trans a day of visibility falling on Easter. We got your back. We will keep the outrage going. But yeah, it's not it's not quite quite clear how he'll play. And I think that's where the Biden camp feels like, well, whatever he says, it's gonna be tough, and then we'll be able to campaign off of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you know what, would be easier, is running like a candidate that people like.
Speaker 3: Now traditional wisdom would say something like that.
Speaker 8: But you know, I mean, it's weird how low the bar is, because like the bar set right now, we're setting the bar at not a president doing anything good, but just saying that he will do good thing. And they're not even giving us that. They're not even giving us the veneer. It's not even like the lie of like no, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna try and you know, uh, broker a piece or you know. It's just like they're like, well, no, Israel, it's the right to exist. And uh, they're.
Speaker 3: Like we had that UN resolution we abstained from voting on.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, we have the UN resolution that we helped water down to a degree in which we were okay enough to abstain. Yeah, and it's like you're you're not even trying to pretend.
Speaker 3: Well. I think that's where again there's like this difference between the high information voter and the and most people who are probably I mean like if obviously he's not gonna attempt to appeal to like voters like who are like hauling out all these inconsistencies. No, for those who aren't like for the people who I was like, why doesn't you get credit for the economy. It's like, well, you could do stuff that like hits people in the pocketbook or at least hearing like, oh, you're going after like these sort of predatory price gouging practices of companies or something like that signals like oh, they're like I get that. Yeah, my bread is cheaper, or my milk isn't as much money, Like I buy so much milk now, so I'm gonna baby, I'm like, this is beer money. Basically, you're spending on gallons of milk like those used to be. That's used to be what beer costs. And I was like, damn, especially that whole milk. I don't know why that's more expensive. I mean, I guess I do because they don't it right, because they.
Speaker 8: Don't cut it's.
Speaker 3: Sniff and base shiple milk. Yeah, I guess heavy cream is really the reality. But the other thing too, is like if that ballot measure about enshrining abortion access into the law isn't enough, the Florida Supreme Court also approved another ballot measure that would determine whether or not recreational cannabis can be a thing in the state. So you've got a body autonomy and weed on the ballot, so that may help bring out some voters enough to do something that would change the overall color of Florida. I who knows, who knows, who knows. But that's also like the bill for the recreational cannabis one is like very it's like put forward by like the biggest medical marijuana company in Florida and the building and it's like us and like our twenty four friends get to run rough shot over the state with you when you leagualize cannabis. So that one's a little bit murky too.
Speaker 8: Also, the price of the brick is going up. Yeah, Like I get it. You guys want to control of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well you know, free market.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Democrats every time they every time we have a national election coming up there like and Florida it might be in play, and it's always all it just like gets further and further away from being here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the only for me, the one thing that I feel could help is the fact that the Republics have no monies right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dollar amounts are really they slim Pickens over there because a lot of the money isn't going just to Trump and the RNC is like, sorry, we're this guy's piggybank. I know it affects down ballot candidates, right, can you do something on your own? Maybe? And I'm sure it will get probably sorted out, because these are gigantic political machines. But you know, as it stands, if that's the situation, yeah, you might be able to see how they're like, oh yeah, that might that might be a get Yeah.
Speaker 1: We did talk about how on Monday's Trending episode that Trump had like a good financial week where he spontaneously became like five billion dollars richer because truth Social essentially went.
Speaker 8: Public went public down.
Speaker 9: But like the day that we talked about that, like the shares dropped by like some crazy I think three or twenty eight percent or something like that because of the statistics the we'd so he lost a billion dollars of that valuation already. Yeah, which I'm curious when is he gonna dump all his shares?
Speaker 3: Honey?
Speaker 1: He has six weeks or six months until he can do that, so oh six months, yeah, but I think he can maybe borrow against it. So he might be able to liquefy a little.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh you want to borrow against this rapidly tanking stock price. Sure, sure, what do you want for it?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: Billion?
Speaker 8: I love that he can just go to any financial institution and they're like, all right, you can literally take this money and never pay it back.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, now, this one with that one hundred and seventy five million dollars bond he put he paid recently in New York. That was all from a dude who was like the subprime car loan king, like yeah, and he's like he's a prime car yeah, and he's bowed up with like this bank. Like he's like a huge stake in this bank that is the one doing the lending. And they, like a lot of financial reporters, like this company does stuff where they can. It looks like money laundering made easy with this bank and how they like loan and give bonds out to people. So whatever, Like we said, this is just the full.
Speaker 1: System of the system. You have the America. All right, So, Miles, you pitched an idea to the bank robbers of America. Yeah, you pitched it as a movie. But I think I didn't know that you were pitching to the real world bank robbers a string of eclipse related bank heists where each each heist is timed to the eclipse.
Speaker 8: Everyone's looking away. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's looking at.
Speaker 3: On Law enforcement different places have states of emergency where they're having to put all their resources.
Speaker 1: In one because there's so many tourists. So if you're going in like scheduling the bank robberies in the path of totality, love this idea. We have another piece of news related to the eclipse and the criminal carcerole system. New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision recently announced that they would be canceling visitations on April eighth, aka Eclipse Day twenty twenty four in facilities that lie in the path of totality. And it's not just visitations. They'll be instituting a system wide lockdown, meaning that inmates will be locked in their housing units between two and five p m. Supposedly as a safety precaution.
Speaker 8: Because they might look at the sun.
Speaker 1: I don't get like, is this just the powers that be retaining their like ancient fear of eclipses.
Speaker 3: You don't know what's Yeah.
Speaker 8: We don't know what kind of power they will attain from the sun, right, Like, doesn't that.
Speaker 1: Kind of feel like what they're They're they're making everybody be locked away for the three hours of the eclipse, and you're.
Speaker 3: Lucky we don't do it every month during the full moon.
Speaker 1: As a safety precaution. We don't know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: What is the threat exactly? I mean, are they listening to the show and they're like, Oh, that'd be a perfect wave? Is it that? But like i'd imagine is pretty secret, like because it goes a little bit shadowy for a couple of minutes, They're.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, no, man, they'll hide in the eclipse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, well, what can we do? You know what kind of lockdown?
Speaker 1: I don't know what kind of crypto zoological beast they turn into when the eclipse happens. But like they had already purchased a large supply of solar eclipse safety glasses to distribute to distribute to the incarcerated population, and then they just were like, nah, fuck that, we're gonna We're gonna hang on to these. This is really odd, Like why clearly like that shows real intent to allow people to observe the eclipse. When you're like, I mean, I guess you got to look after their little eyeballs. So yeah, let's get these little cardboard little shields.
Speaker 3: They can hold up in front of their eyes and then be like, no, that's it, system, Why lockdown? Like in another context, it feels like in a family, like one of the kids broke a rule, so we're not going anymore McDonald's. Yeah, and so is that what happened?
Speaker 1: And it's just punidyde like they uncovered a planned escape or something like that.
Speaker 3: On the day of the eclipse. It's very very odd, and it's just like just like already our carcial system is so fucked up. It's like, can some of the people who are locked up for having drugs on them look at the eclipse?
Speaker 8: They're gonna need to explain this because it is it's so that is such a baffling move that I want to know what the thinking is like this is I literally can't think of a single reason outside of like, I don't know, we just thought it would be like kind of fun and cruel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, we want to look.
Speaker 1: At the eclipse, and so we can't be looking at them and the eclipse at the same time. So lock them away and yeah, go out there. It's like the worst parents in the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've actually decided to lock my kids in a closet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, no, we're gonna go to the Disneyland hotel, but they're gonna stay in the hotel.
Speaker 3: The whole time.
Speaker 8: We're gonna be out on that We're gonna ride All Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean it looks like the furre. I mean Governor Kathy Hochel, who is having system wide subway lockdowns. She is saying again, there's twenty nine counties in New York that are also in the path of totality. So New York is I think just also full on state of emergency.
Speaker 8: What do they think an eclipses.
Speaker 1: I'm confused states one of the states of emergencies because they've like been advertising this is like we're in the path of totality, come to Niagara Falls, and they people heard them and they're having unprecedented levels of like travelers planning to come that they're just like unprepared for. That is I mean, but the prison one doesn't really make sense. Yeah, the prison they're already in a place. Yeah, there's like no nobody's coming to the prison to view the eclipse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's just weird that even a state of emergency for like visitors, like they've never had like a fucking music festival like.
Speaker 3: This, not like this.
Speaker 1: They said that the Indian like the tourism that's coming to Indianapolis like clips is the tourism that came to Indianapolis for the fucking super.
Speaker 3: Bowl by like orders of magnitude, Yeah a little bit. Yeah, it's like, yeah, it's like three super Bowls. Okay, Now I'm wondering, what are these guys know that we don't know about how cool eclipses are.
Speaker 8: I mean, I know eclipses are cool and stuff, but it seems like it's weird that everyone like more so than the super Bowl or like.
Speaker 3: We've got to go to see this. Have you been? Have you seen? Have you been in like a full blown path of totality eclipse experience.
Speaker 8: Or just I guess I haven't.
Speaker 1: I guess running your mouth all right, Yeah, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 8: Ignorant as dude, I listen, I'm sure it's I'm sure it's sick. I'm sure, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, dude. I just admitted sick. Dude.
Speaker 8: The reason I admit it's possibly sick, but like not no, possibly, dude, don't fucking minor Indiana sick. I don't think anything that that.
Speaker 1: Is the question that we're going to get the answer to get an a legal gun while you're there. I've been I've been speculating that like all the footage I've seen of people in the paths of totality from recent eclipses.
Speaker 3: They always give me the.
Speaker 1: Impression of like people after they just saw the phantom menace and are trying to still trying to convince themselves to what they just saw.
Speaker 3: It was awesome, but like that, And.
Speaker 1: So I'm but I'm I think what's driving this like massive like hoge like you know, movement of humans to the path of totality that's happening is that people have had these experiences that I think, like my experience with the past two eclipses has been underwhelming.
Speaker 3: And the first thing you.
Speaker 1: Hear when you're like that call that an eclipse, which is what I scream at the sky as the eclipse has happened. The first thing people say is like, oh, you have to go to the path of totality. So I feel like these like the marketing has been perfect to drive people to the path of totality for these upcoming eclipses.
Speaker 3: This is a clip of people in the path of totality. Or it starts off it's sunny. Okay, here, here's here, it's about this sunny day. Here we go. Oh sars, it's been darker. Look now it looks like it's six p m. Seven pm. Dang bro yeah look at that.
Speaker 10: What oh fuck I mean the sun's getting tiny, the sun gets tighty screaming.
Speaker 3: That is crazy. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: You need to go to the path of totality. Matt leave and brand the voice modulator reached my my full eventuality, fired fired up.
Speaker 3: I do just want to say.
Speaker 1: Six and maids in New York have filed a lawsuit arguing that them being denied the chance to witness the eclipse violates their constitutional religious rights. Sure yeah, fuck that, Like, let them get let them watch the eclipse, and if they turn into a mythical beast like you seem to fear, then that's great news. You know, that makes the world so much.
Speaker 3: More exactly, Warden of the Department of Corrections. If that happens, option the ip inevidently that from the millionaire turn into monsters during a total eclipse. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and let people be outside like they would be outside in any way. It's just more like you want to give them cardboard I shields or not. Yeah. Yeah, And because like I mean, one of the guys who's the plaintiff in that he's an atheist, who argued prior to them pulling the plug on this saying like it's my right to be able to observe this, Like I'm not as an atheist. I'm like I observe through the marvel of scientific discovery, So experiencing a solar eclipse is part and parcel of that my belief system. And then there are other like and they're just saying, so what what's the deal? And then so they granted this guy the opportunity like I think last month, and then they did a U turn on it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well I guess prison wardens aren't as cool as we all thought.
Speaker 8: Yeah dude, what happened to them?
Speaker 1: I know, not as cool ask made them seem.
Speaker 3: I saw The Last Castle with James Gandelfini, Robert Redford. Anyway, how is it? Can you get a little taste of what would be like in the path of totality there, Matt, Yeah, God, my d the song is making me calm.
Speaker 1: I don't know, guys, you happy, just a family friendly event the children.
Speaker 8: Oh god, oh look at that.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 8: The sun is Oh it's getting smaller. It's getting smaller hard.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, this is the part right after that. This is now that same clip. This is from Greenville, South Carolina, where now the eclipse is now waning and their sun is coming out. So I guess we could totally hear like what the full I guess release for lack of the better word is for people.
Speaker 11: Sunnier, sunnier, sunnier outstanding.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that outstand. I mean, look that's I'm only standing in a field.
Speaker 12: That's like truly like they cut to his little kid who's just standing there with his little glasses on, just staring, so all he did was see the sun kind of dim and then come back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like there's something magical about the idea of it, right like that, like looking around, like someone needs to make that movie.
Speaker 3: It'll be dope.
Speaker 1: Miles needs credit LIKELYPTO.
Speaker 3: And but then like just sitting in a field.
Speaker 1: Watching the sun turn into a smaller sun and then come back feels I don't know, like even in that one, which was dope, feels like people are like, ah, so that's that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Then huh, okay, you want another group of people hooting and all for an eclipse. Everyone has the same reaction when they clip.
Speaker 8: Oh man, oh it's happening. It's happening, is as big as the sun.
Speaker 3: I think it's just I think it's like partially people wanting to experience something like they can't without doing drugs. I feel like there's that too, that would be true because she's like, what the fuck. I'm like, well, I've been in a fucking k hole before, relaxed, you know what I mean. But like this, I get it to This feels like there's just so much, there's so many sensations that it engages. And again, I only say this because I can't go to no fucking pat totality.
Speaker 1: My whole thing is I'm pissed that I want to have totality that I didn't plan well enough, and so I am just telling you all, it's gonna sucks.
Speaker 3: Telling your kids, Dad, my friends are going to the Niagara Falls are we are we going to It's gonna fucking suck. It's not even gonna be losers. He's only doing that because he's cheating on their mom and he's trying to make good and break the clips.
Speaker 8: Because I can't affortunately do them to an imax, but we can't. That's rapports, Okay, Yeah, that's tourism. Just yeah, preemptively hating on the Eclipse.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 8: I mean, just like if everyone was getting naked, having no children allowed obviously, just adults naked and voice changer, yeah, and a fantos voice changer, then I get it. But until that, if an orgy breaks out in the path of totality, you and I will go next year.
Speaker 3: You know, there is some kind of adult only total weird masks Dreek something like they cut what's what's that ancient Greek drug that they all drank back at wine? Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 8: They're all drinking wine, not arrows.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's some anyways, oh and bane or some shit like you know, there's just like an old.
Speaker 3: Opium we're talking about. We Yeah, they were enlightened, you know what I mean? But yeah, I could definitely see some like all right, everybody gets your fulk clothes off, the totality is coming. Yeah, and then yeah, I'm sure there are people who are trying to time an orgasm out to the totality for.
Speaker 8: Sure, and and you know, but I also think it's like equally as likely as there's like five people who are like, it's time for our group suicide, you know what I mean, Like they're gonna be like that that comment cult, you know. Yeah, yeah, so I don't know. It feels, you know, a little bit of something for everyone. I don't want to yuck their young, So.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but yeah, you know, if I a field in the shadows of the eclipse, go aheads do please do? I don't muzzle. Is that like what I feel?
Speaker 1: I just like, that's not That's not when I'm at my most like ability, like able to like appreciate deep like spiritual things like.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean, like when you're looking at the sun or when you're fucking.
Speaker 1: When I'm fucking coming to the middle of like, yeah, I'm not like I feel like I kind of miss it now.
Speaker 8: I want to see you, fuck demon ship are you doing?
Speaker 3: I feel the most.
Speaker 13: Apart from God when I am fuck great, that's the that's I think the best option I've heard ever. Want to shout when the sun begins there.
Speaker 3: And here's your proof. Yeah, all right, we'll be right back, and we're back. R f K two. I guess I like saying r f K two.
Speaker 5: I was enjoying the outro to the last segment where it did sort of sound like j LO and RFK were on tour together.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know, Yeah, I mean, who knows. That might help for ticket sales. Tickets are available, Tickets are available, They are widely available. Please please, We got RFK coming to so if we all anti vaxers, you can come through and hear a couple of conspiracy theories into Yeah you know, I'm real and Josh Wool will be there too, so anyway, RFK Junior has been in and out of the spotlight obviously since he announced he's running for office. Whether it's tales of people farting loudly during his arguments over whether or not Ashkenazi, Jews and Chinese people were immune to COVID, or about how he lied about celebrities coming to his fucking birthday party. He's always getting attention for the wrong reasons. And sadly, he continues to make things worse for himself because every time he's in these stories, he just denies they ever happen, but people are like, dude, you said it, or like your your people sent the email, what do you mean, like you had nothing to do with it. And recently he was on Chris Cuomo's show, Remember That Guy, where Cuomo brought up the fact. He's like, you know what, dude, you're just just for the record, but you got a pretty wild fucking track record of the same freaky shit, like all kind I remember you said Bill Gates is gonna put five GM people's brains and stuff and take your money or something like that. And then he had like your COVID conspiracies, you're an anti vaxxer, you're kind of the you're kind of one of the biggest faces of the anti VACS movement, and also your nine to eleven stuff. And I'm just gonna play this clip because he's just does not this, does not want to talk about it at all, like in this very very very like suspicious way. Again, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has some kind of debilitating memory loss or maybe he's just full of shit. But here you decide to.
Speaker 14: That suggestion that, whether it's nine to eleven, nor the deep state or vaccines, that you believe wacky things.
Speaker 15: I don't know what you're talking about nine to eleven. I you know, I don't recall saying anything about a conspiracy.
Speaker 4: I came out you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: It came out of the interview.
Speaker 14: I do not well in the Bergen interview where you were saying you're not sure what happened. You know what I'm talking about, Bobby, I'm not. I'm not, you know, trying to be sneaky about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm not trying to be goy. Chris. I just I you know, I think if you go back and look at that interview or any interview, I never I never voiced a conspiracy there there is.
Speaker 3: Okay, sir, you can't this is something no one can do in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four. You can't be like, yeah, go check the tape, motherfuckers. Everything is there. Everything is there. So again in this clip, people just said, okay, here it is. Let's just cut to that Earner interview. Chris Cuomo is referencing and just hear what exactly what version of the nine to eleven thing he was in on.
Speaker 15: There's I know, there's strange things that happened that don't seem.
Speaker 3: What are the strange things.
Speaker 15: Well, one of the buildings came down that wasn't hit by a plane, so you know it wasn't Building seven or Building ten.
Speaker 3: That collapse because two of the world's biggest buildings collapsed on top of it.
Speaker 15: No, they didn't collapse on top of it. My offices were down there. My offices were closed.
Speaker 3: So one of the buildings in next to the trade center.
Speaker 15: Oh, there's pictures of it collapsing. There's nothing collapsing on top.
Speaker 3: He goes on and on, and I think this is interesting about Building seven. After the investigation, they're saying that all of this debris from the collapse started all these fires within the building and like burnt the floor out and then like a major structural column failed and that's why it collapsed. And he's just like, I don't know, man, I was down my offices were down there. I'm just saying weird stuff. I wonder if, like, again, do you think in his mind he's like, that's not a conspiracy theory because it's true. Yeah, or if he's just like, look, bro, why you got impress me right now? Man, I'm trying to fucking I'm trying to be an unseerious candidate for president right now.
Speaker 6: For once, I'm like glad that I'm not a part of one of these legendary political families because I don't have access to whatever Tanning bed the Kennedys and the Cuomos used, because whatever it is, it is it is a faulty bed.
Speaker 16: Yeah yeah, for real, they really they their goose is cook look like for their size, are tried out those size definitely dry.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, brittle, brittle, delicious. But yeah, it's just it's so good. Yeah. But I mean, like it's interesting too because even with all this, right, he's still polling in a way that has both Republicans and Democrats being like, what the fuck? This guy could really fuck shit up. But you know, because we talk about how slim the margins are, especially in some of these swing states, and if enough people go the RFK way, that could be great news for either Biden or Trump. Depends on who's polling you're looking at But the thing is, there's still one unknown about all this. He's currently only on one ballot for November, because you when you run as an independent, you need to gather a certain amount of signatures to get onto the bat to get that get that ballot access. So right now, the state of Utah is the only one where I believe, like as of this reporting, he is officially on the ballot. He keeps saying things like, you know, I'm in the process. We're getting out there in Nevada, North Carolina, New Hampshire, a couple other places, and then those secretaries of states secretaries of state for those places are like, we don't have any We don't have any shit from him yet, Like the deadline's coming up, we don't have nothing from him. I think I'd imagine he's probably close, because why spend all this fucking money just to be like, well, y'all can vote for me in Utah. Like that's not that's not a proper candidacy. And I think that's why a lot of people have looked at his new VP pick, the very wealthy Silicon Valley lawyer Nicole Shanahan, with some raised eyebrows and be like, oh, Okay, maybe you need her cash to help your ballid access mission here. So we're not we're not quite sure where this ends up, but I mean we could know very soon, I mean within the next few months, Like it'll be clear how far along he is, because some of those deadlines are approaching, like in April and May.
Speaker 5: I will just say, listen, I think it's been pretty clear that Democrats are not exactly candy political operators or good at this at their their basic jobs. But they should be able to run a campaign where he is not a problem problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that should be on them. I think it's probably right. They're like they're they're keeping their powder dry, so to speak, to be like, right now, we got to go all in on just basically being like Trump is bad. Don't talk about like the promise of what a Biden administration part two would look like. Just focus on him, back him, back him. But it truly is like it's like, yeah, I mean, if it's like this disconnected, if you need people this disconnected from reality to win against Donald Trump, you shouldn't have a political party that needs these people for real. For ill. Did you see that there's a new day of Hotel special on Netflix. I was like, I haven't seen I even heard from that guy in years. And he had this one joke. He's like, you're talking about Trump. He's like, but don't worry. I'm a Biden Man, Hunter Biden perfect, Davil, I'm a Biden Man. Oh Man, But Blake, are do any of Are you you feeling the it's for r f K two or no, you're you're you're probably you're out on him. You're about You're a hunter Biden Man. Right, I'm Abiden. I was.
Speaker 6: I was an RFK one guy for a while, you know, yeah, you know, the sequels never better than the than the original, but like, no, yeah, no, it's he does every time. He's one of those guys where you think he's crazy. The idea of him in your head has to be crazier than the real thing, you know, because we try to caricaturize like people and then you watch clips and it's like, no, that's pretty spot on. Yeah he does look that way, he does talk that way, he does say those things, he does believe those things. Okay, Oh, he does do those push ups with that form. He's always the same.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's his push up for him? Perfect? Wait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like, he seems like a guy that does perfect push ups?
Speaker 3: Is he? Oh yeah, he loves him. Oh oh, that's I remember that when he was like wearing the denim jeans, looking like he was like an eighties like like prison gang type.
Speaker 6: It was a breathable it was one of those breathable workout denims.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now almost certainly from a company that has advertised on Daily's like Geist.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let's go. Oh he's he keeps it low. He's really trying to keep Yeah, good for him. Got to where is he working out? It looks like, I'm sorry, is he already? I think it's so he was gas after like six I mean he's he's pretty old. It's pretty you sound.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he looks like he'd been doing push ups already.
Speaker 3: That's right, right, we caught him just burnt my tries. Dude, I just did that bro late. Also, that's it's rich coming from a guy who would do like two push ups and be like, I need to smoke weed for the rest of the day after this. No way, not for me. I'm trying to find a way. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I find it much easier to work out if I'm a little Stone because I hate I hate working out here is I'm trying to find a way to make this joke without advocating political assassination because I think it's getting most mostly wrong. Good display except that dude, except that dude in Japan who just like changed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we just hit him with that PVC shotgun. Yeah it was wild too, because after that, people were like, the way the media and Japan handled it wasn't like yo, this dou it is Wow, what the fuck is going on? How dare he? They're like, well, what made him want to go after and then they're like whoa hold on a second, and then that really fucking disrupted a lot of the party politician Japan. Not in a revolutionary way, but enough the whole thing became about oh yeah this is oh yeah, maybe he has something, maybe he was something. But anyway, with this RFK joke that you.
Speaker 5: Just I'm just trying to find it somehow, But since you keep calling him r f K two, I I I was looking for some version of we just need Sir Hans Hans.
Speaker 3: Sir haunt to the fourth Hower.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably don't assassinate anyone, almost certainly.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, not at all. Yeah, it's it usually never works, usually never win, but sometimes can shift the conversation. Okay, let's move on to another character from From Our Lives, Jeffer Lopez Jlo Jlo one. This is a quick one because last month, right, I don't know if did any of you catch that. I started watching that Amazon things she did because I knew it was just gonna be fucking all over the place. I couldn't watch it. Yeah, it's like a fever dream musical basically. Yeah, I think she probably saw, like how Beyonce was doing visual albums. She's like, I can do that ship. Yeah, I'm a little surprised that, yeah, go ahead, no no, no ahead with the headline. No, what do you mean was surprised of what does she attempted it? No, no, no, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'll be surprised, that's the thing you say next, I'm only surprised because I'm reading ahead in the document.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's fine, that's fine. It's called ruining the segment Andrew. But so basically, she had this tour like launching alongside this like visual musical album whatever thing she did on Amazon, but she just quietly canceled, like the last seven stops on the new tour because of alleged quote logistical issues with the promoter. And then most people were like, I think it's because all of these tickets aren't sold, but who knows, who knows, who knows? And because of that, I think it lends a little bit more credence to that idea, that theory, because now Jlo has also rebranded the name of her tour from the this is Me ellipsis now, which is the you know name of the Amazon thing, to now this is Me Live the Greatest Hits. Yes, And to me, that sounds like you're just trying to be like, hey, man, I know that, man, I know that. I know that musical shit was way too confusing, but trust me, Jalo is back baby, and we're gonna have waiting for tonight. Whoa with all that shit, I'm real all those hits so so so please please buy a ticket. I don't know. I mean, is that is are we are we all in agreement here that that may be what the case is here. If you if you suddenly read title your tour to be like, okay, not the new album, just all the stuff I made? Yeah, no new shit, right right? Proven you will like this dating Jennifer Lopez. Enjoyable Jennifer Lopez, if you had my love for three hours straight on a are you ready? But yeah, I don't know. I hope it works out for her, but I still always I don't know if any of you. There's this Vanity Fair piece that was written in the lead up to her releasing this Amazon thing, And I bring this up a lot because it's just so funny. It's a very like honest, like reporting on the process of her making this Amazon thing, where everyone in her life that is important to her told her to not do it. Oh, and that like please, like you don't need to do this, Like it's gonna be different. Even Ben Affleck's like I'm telling you, like I've made shit on my own. It's not easy, and it's gonna cost her so much fucking money when nobody wants to do it, Like it's just like nobody wants to have my back, none of it. I just didn't realize this was like considered such an overreach, Like I I guess I didn't realize that, like j Lo is that much less popular than I think? Well, it was more this specific. It was more this specific. It was the direction of this thing, which is like this like deep abstract dive, deep dive into her subconscious love life and having all these very confusing visuals like all these people like there was like a council of astrological signs played by different people like sad Guru, the YouTube guy, and like Nail De gross Tyson and like Jane Fondas and it there's like a bunch of just weird stuff in it, and people are like, I don't know if I think what they want to say is like, girl, I don't know if this is like good.
Speaker 17: You know, I'm just saying, yeah, a staged a stage concert, a stadium tour production where she just re does like a live staging of the cell okay yeah, or out of sight or just Eddie, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, is it just sell just do some Yeah, yeah that's t sing joint and yeah yeah do that. Wow. She should just have tarsum do the fucking visuals, you know what I mean and freak out her audience of like people who are like, you know, wine moms, yeah or whatever. The Jlo democrat? What is the Jaylo demographic? Nowadays? I'm actually kind of curious, like, you know why wine moms and older club like, are there people? Yeah, I'm just trying to think of people who like, you know who the Taylor Swift fans are. You know who a Tina Turner fan is. You know who a Beyonce fan is? You know who a Madonna fan is? J Lo. I'm like, I get it, but I just can't. I can't, like I can't sort of visualize them in like a whole stadium. Maybe that's maybe because maybe.
Speaker 6: It's a Vegas crowd, you know what i mean? Right, yeah, wherever tourists are no one who lives in the place that the concert is in, go and then another place.
Speaker 3: And then people disappointed that she's not actually Selena and they're like, oh yeah, fuck, just do it. Do a whole, Yeah, a whole Selena.
Speaker 5: Just do greatest hits in character in your various movie characters.
Speaker 3: Wow, I love that. Yeah, you got it. If it is like an eras tour, you know what type of things like, Okay, so now I'm on my cell tarsum thing. I'm in my Selena thing. I'm in my she got out from fly fly Girl to fucking Selena to riveting, riveting stuff. That was Wait, I'm just trying to look. I need to see because that jump, that's it. That's called an iconic jump. Because Rosie Perez wasn't she also a fly girl? I think, I believe. So just do that.
Speaker 6: These ideas take you from Amazon Prime to an HBO, you.
Speaker 5: Know, like this gives you some prestige or a series of tiktoks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is the pinnacle? Yes, I'm just trying to look through. Let's see. Man, what why am I not seeing?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: Oh? Producer? God right, she's a multi hyphen man. I was. I was looking at all her producing credits. Okay, let me scroll down, stroll down, scroll down. Okay, So, okay, did did some TV? Did some that TV show South Central? I remember that one in nineteen ninety four, she was in Jack. I forgot that, the Robin Williams movie. Then Selena, then obviously Ana Conda. Then you turn a big snake on the stage. Yeah, comes out, wow exactly, but oh and she goes it just starts off snakes don't bite. And then John Voight comes out and he goes, hey don't And when he references his scar, Oh my god, dude, I love that monologue he gives and the contest of the perfect killing machine. Anyway, look it up die but yes, good luck to you, Jennifer Lopez. I feel like that will probably work if just people like, look, I'm doing the hits, bro, I'm doing it. It's like a super Bowl halftime show. And that's fine. Get your money. Look, trust look, we've all, we've all made mistakes trying to self produce an Amazon distributed you know, just art piece, so very relatable, and we got your back.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it. For this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like, the show means the world the miles he he needs your validation.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday.
Speaker 2: By spending nothing bad