Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Anyways, we are thrilled our third ye, one of the very faces on Mount Zeitmore, a hilarious and brilliant writer producer. You know him from the Josas Racist podcast.
Speaker 2: It's Andrew t rom.
Speaker 3: I give it to you with much trivia like hot take straight from iHeartMedia.
Speaker 2: That was seconds before we started recording. I was like, I think I could pull this off. That was nailed, flowless.
Speaker 1: I could sense the COVID in your voice.
Speaker 4: The grad still y'all, keep it, keep it safe, mask up COVID. This COVID is is as the realist. Yet I feel for me personally. Wow, did you go packs lovid for COVID?
Speaker 2: No? I probably should have.
Speaker 3: I I just was like, I'm fine, right, Uh, probably I don't know that version.
Speaker 1: No one in particular, Yeah, my dog mostly right, Hey man, who are you talking to?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Mostly mostly my dog. I was telling these guys off. Mike, my last screen time check in clocked in it. Hey, Andrew, your screen time is a little bit up. You average sixteen point five hours a day last week.
Speaker 1: That's we're gonna need you to check into some sort of phab.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two full union shifts of being on YouTube per day?
Speaker 2: Right, what does that do to your soul?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you feel? I feel?
Speaker 3: Well, we can talk about it because all of my over underrate history.
Speaker 2: Of and like so deep and obscure.
Speaker 3: I guess I will just say, broadly speaking, I'm an old man and I finally found like, I finally think I get YouTube for me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that algorithm has finally been bent to your will.
Speaker 2: I yes, sort of. I'm need to get forty hours of non stop watching. I think it might have an idea of what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Well, I think what happened was I just like hated the idea of YouTube stuff, and so when I like, don't like engage with it, YouTube would just keep like suggesting to me, Okay, well, the average person who likes quote unquote YouTube likes this stuff, which is all like right wing garbage.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this.
Speaker 3: And then I finally watched enough of the Internet that, like, I found people who un ironically call themselves YouTubers and call the product that they make content and who I don't hate. And so I started watching some of those folks, and then it started suggesting me more of that, because I assume YouTube is internally incentivized.
Speaker 2: Who's a creator? We like to use the term creator exactly. Yeah, yeah, he's a creator? Who like who Who's Who's like? Who's one of the creators? I caught your eyes that's gonna come up?
Speaker 3: And now I think the first one, Oh my god, what's his name is? This is a very very famous person. It's just new to me. But this guy, Jarvis Johnson, Okay, who it's close enough to the circles of like people who have been on Daily's Eye, guys have been on his show before. But he is just a you know, fucking YouTuber, talks the camera, hote knows everything about YouTube. But he's he's like mixed, and he is by virtue of not being white. I feel like, has at least like takes that I can understand. And I'm just like, oh, this is like much better better. This is what I assume people like who just watch like fucking mister beast or whatever.
Speaker 2: Without thinking about it, like get out of it anyway.
Speaker 3: I was just I was like okay, and then once I start on that train, the algorithm was like, okay, he finally has engaged with YouTube without it. Yeah, so I've just been hit with a like a you know, and it's good.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I figured out a piece of this like ecosystem that I can stand.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's how That's how sick I was.
Speaker 1: YouTube video That's how sick I was and YouTube videos. I feel like the second so I went to his Twitter and he's got like some something going on with Cody co Like yeah, you know, and it's just immediately like there's a beef with somebody who I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 2: It is all.
Speaker 3: Internal, It is all part of this like ecosystem that I don't know. It is interesting because it's like I don't know any of the people he's talking about except for like the most famous breakthron to the household fame ish people. Yeah, and I'm not gonna learn probably, but it is like I'm like, Okay, this guy at least has the right opinions on the basic social things, so I'm like, Okay, I can engage with this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not gonna suddenly turn into like, yeah, some weird genocide apology or something. Yeah. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: We were in Boston stand with some friends last week and their kids are like from say eight up through like eighth grade, and they their mom was like, they live in LA They've probably seen like some famous people, do you guys want to ask them? But we were like, oh, yeah, we saw Tom Cruise and they were like, oh my god, that's so cool. Did you see mister Beast? And then like asked us if we'd see mister Beast like five more times. After we'd said no, They're like, but what about mister.
Speaker 2: Beat, like an actual famous person?
Speaker 1: So you haven't you you haven't seen a famous person? Interesting you see Elon Musk. What is something from your search history that is revealing about.
Speaker 2: Who you are?
Speaker 5: My Google search history result is Summer twenty twenty four nail polish colors, which I'm sure is at the top of y'all's search history too.
Speaker 2: Oh, I I already knew. I go into every season knowing what the color palette is going to be.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you're prepped.
Speaker 2: Wait, yeah, so what's the end? What's what are we? What's what's the summer? What's the summer for the for the fingernails and toenails?
Speaker 5: This year so well, the summer colors, I mean, bold red is always in, and a lot of honestly, it's really boring, a lot of like pale pinks and neutrals and then some greens here.
Speaker 2: I'll shook it.
Speaker 6: Where's my? Oh, I don't have my That's what I I went.
Speaker 7: With a soft green mint, like a slightly super.
Speaker 5: Shade than a mint. And what this says about me is that my new podcast is launching this week. Okay, I'm talking to you right, and I've got you know. I'm excited, but I'm also anxious. And what I do when I'm both excited and anxious is I paint my nails. I find a new color and I paint my nails because it is the one thing. I'm sure you'll have things like this where it's like all I can pay attention to for like ten minutes is just painting nail it. Yeah, these nails. And it's just a it's just a mind kind of a mind release, a little, a little meditative break for a moment and I get a pop of color on my nails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it puts you in a flow state. It sounds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, don't have flow state things like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah I do. I mean recently I started like drawing more and coloring more, which again I think and it's probably similar to painting your nails because like I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so like staying in the lines is like very important. So like having an activity that's like stay stay within the lines. And I'm sure like with it's funny. I remember watching like my mom or like my grandmother paint her fingernails, and like when they mess up, I'm like, oh god, like I would be stressed out. You're gonna have to clean that up, like it's all over your cuticles and the like, it comes off easy, and I'm like, Okay, well I'm a child who doesn't know they have perfection. Yeah, ooh you fucked up? Yeah? Can you start breathing down my neck? Please? But yeah, no, I have that. And driving. I also like driving that also a lot, because it you know, requires a bit of skill and focus.
Speaker 1: I like to like do laundry fold laundry, pick up, ship around the house after my kids, you know, oh, tidying up something, just a little tidying, Yeah, a little bit of tidying.
Speaker 2: My mom loves doing dishes. She hates cooking. She'll always be like if if I like cooking, She's like, just let me do the dish. She's like yeah she's and she's really good at cooking too, which is wild. She's like, no, it's the dishes. I like just like it. You know, like if she has people over and people are like, oh, let us help you, she's like, no, I want them, no, like truly, she's like, these are mine. You back up. So yeah, it's it's always interesting what where people find that. But yeah, it's always good to know what what brings that out of you.
Speaker 1: I wish mine was like carving things out of wood or you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but clean.
Speaker 5: House, that's that's so helpful and productive, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine is not that I'll say that, like I have to like be like do I got to and I'll like I'll do it later, and then it piles up and then yeah, I'm in there for But actually takes a lot very quick to fold things. So yeah, yeah, what what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 7: Underrated I'm going to say, and that I'll often be listening to my bows on the Metro because I love the trains in Los Angeles, always telling people to take the trains. They're lovely. You know, certainly you have to live like on more on the routes, but it's so much more flaxing than being in traffic. If you've got to go downtown and you take a car, you're full. The train will get anywhere. You can have a nice like city experience walking around. You can read your book right in your notebook, do whatever you gotta do. It's not going to depend what time you're going. Yeah, yeah, fun frequently.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's definitely like it's the one thing you hope for with the La Metro is like for it to like you said, like what about for people who don't live like directly near like a Metro station, but then a lot of time they have like a lot of parking or whatever. But yeah, I know that's like the one thing that makes it a little bit difficult. And also like the Nimbi stuff where people like I don't want the metro station to come through my part of the city.
Speaker 7: Of course, but you're telling you you do. And also if I can just go step further, I hope everyone else our Los Angeles listeners knows about the metro micro.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it is al the uber van.
Speaker 8: The uber van is worth a dollar. Yeah, oh come get you like your house exactly. It pulls up like where do you want to go? Yeah yeah, like as long as it's in this like small delivery radius, like we're we're good to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, wait what is it? It's a van that will just take you to the metrics like micro transit, but it's basically like a sprinter van that has a bunch of seats in it and they'll take you. Like you can just be like hey, I need to get over here and they're like yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: You could like reserve a ride and it'll text you when the guy's closed, and like a dude in a van, it's just like hey and he just like takes you.
Speaker 2: Shade he says micro on the bus. So it's not like you just some dude shows them like hey, right and you're like yeah, hey, uh train station.
Speaker 1: Like sure, Man, if I ever start leaving my house again, I might have to take advantage.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Aren't your kids into trains yet? They don't. They don't like like big vehicle type things like they have a train face.
Speaker 1: They do like trains, but we just don't have that many reasons to go downtown, like their school and like all those things. But I'm gonna I'm gonna start taking them on the on the l A Metro for sure with.
Speaker 7: Kids to the other train I love that I recommend is the surf Liner.
Speaker 2: If we've done the surf Liner for sure, that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went down to Sandy, San Diego and San Diego back up again.
Speaker 2: It was a blast.
Speaker 1: What what something you think is overrated? Great under rosy by the way, Blake, that was like a serious and very good underrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now not get off.
Speaker 1: You give us a stupid overrated overrated your plants.
Speaker 9: Let my dog piss on your plants. Wow, it's yeah, that's my overrated all right, overrated and let my dog plants the health of your plants.
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? Underrated?
Speaker 9: My dog's piss Yeah, all is good for your plan. I didn't think i'd have to spell this out for you, but overrated.
Speaker 2: Take you right outside the garage.
Speaker 1: That I'm recording from out to my parents front lawn and show you a sign that asks people to please keep their dogs off there alone.
Speaker 2: We are, we are that household. Give Blake that address so he can bring the dog through.
Speaker 9: I'm sure I've pissed that that that address.
Speaker 1: I'm sure everybody cut people from miles around to piss on my parents front line.
Speaker 9: Miles has fed ex me bottles of piss for me to hey that I'll feel it. Yeah, I all surge.
Speaker 2: And then everybody sprints down the street. He just opened the and piss like they know, dude, that's how it's like blood in the water the sharks. Yeah, way, so did you get it's I'm guessing something happen your dog. Was your dog pissing on grass, a tree, a rose bush? What was it?
Speaker 9: I think that there's an now when there's space and there's other places for a dog to piss. I think that it is reasonable not to go out of your way to have a dog you're an eight on someone's plants. Like I get that, Like even in LA there's more space, like just grass patches for a dog to piss on, But like in New York and Philly, like in these more compacted cities. The only green is these people will just put these plants outside their homes. It's like, yeah, they're gonna get pissed on by something, so it might as well be my dog. And it is interesting. I'm not I'm not just saying this to a pease jack, which I feel like ninety nine percent of my time is devoted to these days, but it is if we.
Speaker 1: Probably edited this out. But when you got on, I heard Miles say he's.
Speaker 10: In another one of his mood, in another one of us. Carefully make them, help, make make them healthy. Just don't make fun of the candy burrito. Don't fucking make fun of the candy burrito, don't.
Speaker 2: Make why is It's a cool idea?
Speaker 11: Okay, it was just poorly executed, but the idea is there. I'm sure there are rough drafts of the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 9: Okay, yes, she had four eyes the first time, she was wearing glasses the first time. No, this cannot We can't make a famous four eyed lady. But yeah, no, I think I think dog owners avoided if you can. And also people who have plants outside, it's they're just gonna get pissed.
Speaker 2: On what do you expect? Are you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 1: They are too good for my dog's piss.
Speaker 2: You think you're too good for my dog's piss? Always pick up the ship, always like the ship like piss. Yeah, man, I get it, Like I know some the ureaic acid can fuck up alon if it's like constantly happening. And I get why some people are said, but like this ship is really the thing where you gotta fucking you know, they pick up the ship the piss whatever, probably shop for them. It's good for they like it. The plants like they actually like it. Miss. I'm pretty sure your plants fucking like it. Yeah, so why don't you go back inside? I'm doing. My dog's doing something nice for your plants. Hey, miss, are you listening? That's your plant? Enough pits? All right, take it up with the plant. The plant's fucking weird. I think I don't know your plants are free? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does anybody sell like a yard sign that's like my my flowers are pissed pigs, like please come come at me.
Speaker 2: I wonder my flowers like it? Would that resonate Blake if if someone had those in Philly, Like, because that's like a thing we're just put out, like, dude, this plant fucking loves it. Let's let the golden showers fucking rain down like a.
Speaker 1: Cartoon drawing of a flower just you know, face up, just like kind of rubbing their face in a stream.
Speaker 2: It looks it looks like the sun's crying on it. No, no, oh, my son, my son. I love that sort of bit of like this plant fucking loves it. It's like, what are they talking about? Like this not this house. If we don't want to they want to act. The reverse psychology may actually be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just hear somebody on the porch going, oh god.
Speaker 2: I think that's a I think you're right.
Speaker 9: That could be great merch to sell one of those little science saying this business.
Speaker 2: Try it out, but using use a union print shop for it. Oh my god, that's make icon.
Speaker 1: Ask your Doug to make eye contact with me. Well, well it does it?
Speaker 2: Please? Thank you exactly. Please knock on my door before your dog. Thisiss is on my plant. I want to make eye contact to watch it. Even if I'm sleeping, I don't care. Wake me up, wake me up, ring the doorbell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that would actually, yeah, that would that would dissuade people. Probably all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're back. And I just I thought this was notable that it feels, you know, it's a one off kind of but like we've been talking about how Trump has been having a difficult time dealing with the reality that Kamala Harris is now who is running against and it is no longer Joe Biden, And he had a post yesterday that just felt like desperation incarnate.
Speaker 2: So I just want to just want to.
Speaker 1: Read it real quick, because it seems it seems like he's trying to hype Joe Biden up into doing a January sixth, Like it feels like it feels like this is a post where the audience, the intended audience, is Joe Biden. He says, what are the chances that crooked Joe Biden, the worst president in the history of the US, whose presidency was unconstitutionally stolen from him by Kama Blah Karakussein Obama, Crazy, Nancy Pelosi, shifty Adam Schiff, crying, Chuck Schumer, and others on the lunatic left crashes. Okay, so that was a big aside, but what are the chances that Biden crashes the Democratic National Convention and tries to take back the nomination capitalized for some reason. Beginning with challenging me to another debate, that's the one that gets me so much. He's like, let's do that again. When I was louder, when he just kept like kind of baiting off, like he didn't know where he was. Then he feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the US presidency, a coup to the people in the world he most hates, and he wants.
Speaker 2: It back now.
Speaker 1: So that last part, yeah, it feels like he has fully shifted into a tense that is like straight up fiction writing, right, He's like now writing the character of Joe Biden and being like that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the US presidency, a coup to the people in the world he most hates, and he wants it back now.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. He went third person omniscient, third person.
Speaker 1: Omniscient like log line movie pitch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And in this fiction that he's created, by the way Kamala has won, he's not even giving himself like the benefit of the doubt that he might win this election.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's very much like I can't beat her, so here's what should happen. Yeah, right, Also, like so clear you are so scared of a debate when your first part of the fantasy is like, not only does he come back, but the first thing he says is I want Trump in a debate. He's like, exactly, and that would be I come through the wall, like I kick it down like the kool Aid man, like the kool Aid man. Three ks. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell if this is if he like hopes this is gonna happen, if he is and has just like left earth enough to think he can like will it, or if he believes this is what's going to happen, because that's what he would do if someone ever tried to get him to like back out of a position of power like that. A lot of people drew attention to the idea of like what Biden just did, Like you couldn't possibly imagine Trump doing that, And this is just like the best example of that where he is now like, so what Biden just did doesn't make any sense because he like willingly gave a power.
Speaker 2: So I would let that happen.
Speaker 1: Let me just pitch something, do you guys my theory of what's going on.
Speaker 2: He's gonna do a gen six mm hmm. And he's big mad. He is big mad. I mean, I could you know if the Republicans were ever in a place that they could have ousted Trump. I could see Trump doing this, But the fact is he has like he fully control the party, so obviously nothing like that would have ever happened unless you know, I don't know, I don't even know how they could have ever done it, unless maybe the twenty fifth Amendment was maybe the closest time you could have seen Republicans be like, I think we could have the power to unseat this guy. But again, not no, no, no prac anything about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and not to mix lunatic metaphors, but he is the worm in the Republican brain.
Speaker 2: Yes right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: And also I don't know if it's the flex he thinks it is. I know he's trying to be racist and just misspelled Kamalo's name, But when you're the guy that looks not so lucid, I don't know if misspelling.
Speaker 1: The time yeah, blah, like feels like something that he might say accidentally because he does feel like he's just getting older by the day, like a yeah, like a president, which is great, great for it, Like I'm proud of him finally aging like a president, you know, because when he was in office he barely aged at all, with the first president to ever like just not let it get.
Speaker 2: To him at all, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but okay, he now does seem to be noticeably aging.
Speaker 2: The blah thing, it just doesn't hit at all. Like the only room where if someone calls something blah is like if like Anna Wintur was describing somebody, she's like quite blah to me.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh shit, I'm not offended, it's just blah.
Speaker 2: But the Republicans who have been saying vile ship like the most out there rhetoric to just call something bloods like no that these people have been sniffing cocaine and you're like, what if we have had like a diet coke to get our heart rate up? It's like, nah, bro, we're fully cooked off the amphetamines.
Speaker 1: The fact that he can't possibly imagine anyone willfully giving a power like just put another reason that if he wins this election, Like, we are so fucked because his brain is deteriorating before our eyes. And he is also never going to give up power, ever going to give up power. So it's I don't know, it just drives home another reason why seems like it would be bad if Donald Trump won the next election.
Speaker 7: For almost ten years now, I guess it's been driving me crazy. Are there this many people that are not bothered by having a president who doesn't know what a proper noun is? Like it drives how do you someone who has been the president of the United States doesn't know that you don't capitalize world?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right right, Yeah, it's it's vibe. It's all vibes with me. Yeah, he's like, oh ooh, I want the nomination is something I want, So I'm gonna make that fancy and call them capitol and nomination. Get the the nomination. But like to your point, Jack of like this guy is not like he's living in a fantasy world and has to win by any means necessary. I just do want to point out that while the vibes are up for Democrats Trump, remember, dude, this guy is fighting for his fucking life in this election. You know what I mean, it's not just sort of like all the fantasies from like the like the right wing, like existentially, for Trump, he has to be president or else, so many fucking legal doors potentially might open further that he doesn't want. And so I just want to remember, like when he was in Georgian and it's like I just want to shout out the freedom fighting pit bulls that we have on the Georgia election Board. Well, on Wednesday or maybe Tuesday, the Georgia State Election Board, they pushed through new rules that basically make it like gives the authority of county officials to refuse to certify election results. The thing that we're like we've been talking about a lot this week is like that's gonna be one of their big strategies this time is just to hold up the certification of these elections. So this like gives them new powers where they can like ask for more materials, like they can there's like more weight to their decisions like if they want to sign off on a vote count or of their ability to refuse. So these like these things are happening like in many states. So you know, the it's it's gonna the fight will be there there's gonna be right.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't think there's any question that there's go. We are in I think the beginning of bactory of a Greek tragedy. It's just like how many is it just gonna be his wings that melt? Or is the entire empire about to burn down? I mean, you're right, this will go to whatever happens in this election. He won't quit. Then it's gonna go until there's absolute decimation everywhere, and it's just a matter of who's who gets burned by that decimation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we I mean I am old enough to remember the two thousand election when there was some question about Florida votes and there was a recount, and it basically came down to like they were like, all right, we're gonna like they stormed a vote counting center, like a bunch of people in like Brooks Brothers.
Speaker 2: It was called the Brooks Brothers Riot.
Speaker 1: Roger Stone like helped organize it, and that was one of the things that got them to stop the recount. They were like, stop the count It worked. They stopped the recount and the Supreme Court gave it to Bush at that point, and you know, a later recount said that Bush had the votes, but like it has happened before that it was like arbitrary and just like because they had the Supreme Court justices they needed, they were able to wing the election. So it's not unprecedent like we could see the election overturned or you know, the election given to him because they have the Supreme Court justices they need.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Anyway, so just terrifying truth is just constantly being said to us visa vi these kind of posts where he's giving like sour patch kid names, yeah, the Democratic Party, and so it's like and like I think there's this dissonance that we all have sort of of like how absurd it is versus like the apps that stark truth that you're just talking about. Yea hard with those two things at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're like the guy who's just called Kama blah. It's like has an army of sycophants and people that are like just off election conspiracies, ready to bring down the electoral process. Oh he does, okay, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Did you mean garbage pale kids that? Because that's so funny. I bet he is in ones by garbage pail kids. He really does. Like that is the.
Speaker 1: Format of all his nicknames, like snotty Scottie from you know, right, and then there's stinky Steve. Yeah, but how are they dealing on the vibes front Miles, The vibes are fantastic if you hate the Republicans, I would say so.
Speaker 2: Like again, there's just a lot of a lot of swatt in that things, a lot of grasping at straws vapors to try and get something that sticks. Kevin McCarthy was like, I don't know about Tim Walls. He is so radical it's it's it's wild. People don't see this. He's basically the Bernie Sanders of Congress. That's what he said. He's I was like, the Bernie Sanders is he is Bernie Sanders not in Congress. This Kevin McCarthy know the difference between the House of Representatives and this never mind? Yeah whatever, you were a speaker, maybe meant of the House either way. That's that went, and he was like, all right, Kevin McCarthy, thanks for that. Next Trump is now like he called into Fox and Friends a little less focused on her race and just now just saying things like how she doesn't want to answer questions. This is him calling in again being like, oh, yeah, yeah, I hear she's real bad. No, I mean pretty close. He's like, what, I can't do race stuff. Okay, I hear she's stinky.
Speaker 12: The media outside of your people, of course, but the media is is so they're trying to build her up to the next Margaret Thatcher liberal version, and I don't believe it's gonna happen. I hear she's hasn't taken one interview. She would never do an interview like this that that I can get with any network. She doesn't do interviews because she can't answer questions. I don't know how she debates. He hears she's sort of a nasty person, but not a good good debater. But we'll see because we'll be debating her, I guess in the pretty near future. It's going to be announced fairly soon, but we'll be debating her. I'd like to see it on Fox, by the way, I would like to see it. My preference would be Fox. But we have to debate.
Speaker 2: Do you have an announcement? Mister like, do you have an annasi? He's like, no, no, But it will be happening in about a couple of weeks, you know, doing the same drump thing. So I've heard she's sort of a nasty person, right, was that scathing line of attack just sort of like just sort of a nasty.
Speaker 7: Person, like he's sort of nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a full on nasty, but sort of then like so like acting like there's no media available of her that he just hears that she's a nasty person, like he's never seen her or met her before.
Speaker 7: They're like all of the internet hasn't just been her, like with Zinger, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear she's brat. So there's that also, which is bad. I think that's the thing. And I think, uh Chappelle rohane, I believe as that artist said something about Tim Walls being daddy vibes or so. I don't know anyway, but on Trump's like campaign account at Trump war Room, they're like just posting like screencat like just video of her greeting a crowd at like the first rally that happened with her and Tim Walls or just like it's her at the podium. It says kamala like parent parentheses cringe. Good evening, hah, good evening, good evening, ha ha, good evening everyone, good evening, and there.
Speaker 1: And that was her whole speech and that's not taken out of context at all. And then she says, good night. Right, they're just they're just.
Speaker 2: They're just showing someone I don't again because I know people are not as enthusiastic at the Trump rallies anymore. Where you have to you have to contend with you has been like ah, they're like, all right, good evening. Oh yeah, yeah, wow, good evening. Hey everyone a raucous crowd. They're like, what is this is cringe? Dude, She's all like, good evening. A bunch of times, is she all right? Okay? And while Tim or while Kamala and Tim Walls were talking to like twelve thousand people at that same time, JD Vance was also in Philadelphia, but like at another venue in the city with only two hundred people that showed up, and they.
Speaker 1: Knew it was going to be a small thing, right, they booked it out.
Speaker 2: To make of course, yeah it could. It could hold thirteen hundred people. Oh so it could only hold about a tenth of what the other one did. And you got two hundred to show And then he ended up even self owning because the stage was so poorly set up, it looked like he was stumping for Kamala Harris like wild, he's standing, it looks like it's he's just got a big bandard that says Kamala behind him, and it was supposed to say Kamala chaos. But as AATSI the union pointed out, they said, here's why you should hire union stage hands and stage design, and then in parentheses they did not, and you get They're like, shit, man, it looks like I'm opening up for Kamala Harris mat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's also veep coded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 1: How Yeah, veep is the only realistic depiction of politics.
Speaker 2: What ever? Yeah? Yeah yeah. The other thing though, too, is like people like Charlie Kirk have become so desperado with it that they like are He's now like instructing his listeners to just be like, don't don't don't support your kids if they're going to vote for this ticket. This is Charlie Kirk totally unbothered by the Harris Walls ticket.
Speaker 13: Let me be very clear, guys, if you do not get one hundred percent turnout from your own house, you're doing it wrong. If you are a parent that has eighteen or nineteen year old kids, you got to get them out to vote. And by the way, if you are paying your eighteen, nineteen or twenty year old kids tuition and they go vote for Kamala Harris, you should tell them you guys could pay for your own college. You're gonna go vote for Kamala Harris. And our house here is working our tail off and we're going in to debt to help you go through college. You guys can pay for your own college. Husbands, make sure your wives are registered. Wives tend to be more organized around the house. Oh, make sure your husband's are registered. For all of the MAGA moms out there, make sure that everybody just.
Speaker 2: Make a list.
Speaker 14: Okay, Susie, Jeff, Susie Jeff, Joseph, Mary, Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John everyone in your family.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're registered to vote. But yeah, now it's like to the phase of like you need to threaten your family now, like this is this is what, this is how we'll beat them.
Speaker 1: I guess that's yeah. And if they don't go to school, no candy for that. You you offered to buy them candy if they will go vote for Trump and if not, no candy for a year.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and be and hey and be be firm on that, yes, because the future of our country's at steak here. Yeah, thank you, producer, Victor. Take Away the Xbox.
Speaker 1: Is bribery, Like, you're not supposed to be able to bribe people to uh.
Speaker 7: I think bribery and blackmail are probably both not acceptable ways to coerce someone into voting. Right, they're saying, this is the same people who like won't give it people any kind of a break on their student loans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. That's the really interesting thing though, too, is like conservatives really don't know how to spin this progressive thing. Because I was I've been watching Fox like the last two days just because I like, I'm so you know, like it's part of part of the gig, but also like to see how they're even messaging this. And one of the things I heard the most was this is the most extreme ticket. This is the most radical ticket that we've ever seen. Maybe comparatively, sure, but they're like, Walls is so radically progressive, guys, don't be fooled. He's basically like Gavin Newsome, but just with a little more, folksyed this is they want to bring in all this blah blah blah blah blah, and like they do stuff to be like like, he wants to make sure that your tax dollars go straight to kids so they can get a free meal. Yeah, and you're like, yeah, for freeze, okay lunch. Another one was like Kamala Harris is sending money to the top one percent when she says she wants to increase spending to help people. Guess who that's helping? The extremely wealthy. That's where the money goes when the government spends money. And you're like, wait, sorry, are you against blinding the pockets of the wealthiest one percent of this country because your thing fiscal policy is based on that. So again, they can't quite they don't know how to even spin any of this, but by just saying things but like with an outraged tone, they're like, yeah, he wants women to make their own decisions about their healthcare.
Speaker 7: He thinks all people are people.
Speaker 2: This is this, This is wild stuff, folks. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I saw them coming for him for the for the pudding free tampons in school.
Speaker 2: Tampon, Tim, tampon, Tim. Oh, you're talking about tampon.
Speaker 7: Tim garbage pail kidn't.
Speaker 2: Is a great garbage p that's a garbage pail kid card t shirt, tampon, Tim got tampon's poking out of his ears and nose.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even our Republican women use tampons, you dip ship. You don't think Republican woman's been in a situation where they needed a tampon.
Speaker 11: I don't want to hear about it, Okay, And I don't, I surely don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want my wife.
Speaker 1: Goes to a tent on our compound with the other women to you know, she emerges five days later.
Speaker 2: That's right, and that's how we have But yeah, he truly is just that they are they're they're grasping as if the other thing that they've been saying a lot was that Shapiro, Josh Shapiro was snubbed because the Democrats hate Jewish people, right, and that's all like, and I'm like, I'm sorry again. You have a guy who's humping mind coom by his bedside table as your fucking nominee, the person who when they say Jews will not replace us. He's like, yeah, those dudes are chill. Yeah, and the bevy of the fucking all the neo Nazis he haangs out with, and you're gonna start giving lectures on that. I mean, I think again, Shapiro was snubbed because he was vulnerable, Like he had a lot of controversies that started brewing and popping up over the weekend, and like people were like, ooh, and one that I have not really I've recently seen get talked about more was just like really weird murder case that happened that like while he was Attorney General that was clearly a homicide but for some reason was ruled a suicide, and her family was like suing to like get the fucking state to like reopen this case and like have it actually be ruled a homicide, and like it's super strange. A lot of weird stuff, Like there was like unverified like sort of allegations that Josh Shapiro knew this deceased woman's fiance who some suspect was the actual person who may have killed her, and like and he was just like, yeah, it's a suicide, but like this person had like ten stab wounds to the back of their neck and head and they're like, yeah, this is a yeah, it was like it's yeah, there's just all kinds of just stuff that like again it he would have been opened up to this summer's most scathing insult, which is a Shapiro got a weird case? Why is he around man that would have They're like, yeah, we don't want that. Let's pick like Walls, who is just like looks like this normal guy, which is why I think they're having so much trouble because he doesn't have the same like creature of DC politics energy that most of these politicians you see who end up like on a presidential ticket.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, you can't have a candidate who would have a staircase made about him, yeah yeah, documenting someone al theory about someone on your ticket, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or just being like what how how could they look at that? Like what's going on? The as I I had the details of it, there's like so much weird stuff in this family of this woman who passed away, like have been relentless on trying to get justice for her. And it's actually because Krasner, the guy who became the Philadelphia DA, was one of their lawyers, and when he became DA, he's like I actually can't take the case because I've I've already have a connection to it. So they sent it to Shapiro's office. But then he was like, no, it looks like a nothing to see.
Speaker 1: Here, and here it looks open and shut.
Speaker 15: Yeah, very wild stuff. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back and the other VP pick on the other side. Jd Vance has gotten less enthusiasm online than I think they were hoping for. Definitely less than walls where I'm looking before are you looking? So his twenty twenty one comment about childless cat ladies like Kamala Harris, AOC and Pete Boudhajeedge has kind of become a rallying cry for Democrats.
Speaker 1: So he's he's like, just feels like he's constantly in damage control.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He tried to go on Megan Kelly's show last week or her podcast, I should say, and claimed that his casual misogyny was only directed at Democrats, not not any other cat let just those three they're bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they're sociopaths, not our cat not our beloved cat ladies. Yeah, not you guys.
Speaker 1: He just has the energy of someone who's been given just endless benefits of the doubt his entire liffe and he's just like, yeah, no, I said that thing about cat ladies, but not you, babe. I was like talking about other cat ladies who don't like have kids, but not you, even though that describes you, and like, up to this point in his life, it's just like worked out for him. Yeah, so you can just kind of ride with it, but it feels like he's kind of pissed off a lot a lot of people. Reportedly, forty seven percent of adults over fifty without kids say that they're unlikely to have them, and sixty four percent of young women who don't have kids say that they simply don't want them. And this is just another example where the GOP are clearly the hot dog meme guy just being like somebody crashed through that window in a hot dog truck because Republicans have been slashing federal funds for childcare and education and then complaining about people who choose not to have kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also we have to mention the maternal health prenatal health impacts of ro v Wade being overturned like all of their policies. I mean, women are scared to even even if they might want kids, they are probably scared to even try because if there's a pregnancy complication, like you might not be able to get help right now.
Speaker 2: Like I was just like hearing from like in Texas too that because of the laws there, like a lot of OB's are not practicing in the state, and that is leaving a lot of like like people who are like like thinking of pregnancy. Like, dude, there's like an ob I can't see for like another six months because there's like they're only one in for miles around because so many people are afraid of what the laws are going to do if anything happens under their care. That now, yeah, like to your point, it's like prenatal care is like coming out of premium in certain states because of just like the lack of access to even doctors who are like, I'm the risk is just too fucking high for me to even practice fucking edison, which is obscene. But yeah, again, please tell us about how this is the party that you want to you know, help families, and it's not about just going backwards in time to control people's bodies. It's like that that surely can't be it surely right. And just to like say the quote up top, this is this is what he said. He said, we're effectively running this country via the Democrats, via our corporate oligarchs, by a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made, and so they want to make the rest of the country miserable too.
Speaker 6: Who are the childless cat ladies in power?
Speaker 1: He's claiming Kamala Harris because she's a step mom, is a childless cat lady.
Speaker 2: Right, and that kids don't count, right, kids don't fucking count?
Speaker 6: Yeah, does she own a cat?
Speaker 2: Maybe irrelevant because it's like again it's like all this like perception. It's like I don't know, dude, I don't even know she's got I've never seen her with a baby. One of these like bad people Pete buddhaj Edge because he's gay, but he has each they have a child, So I don't know where that goes. But again, I think it's just merely just to be like lumping people together to be like, you know, like gay liberals or AOC types of people who think they can, you know, go to Harvard and then talk bad about me. There, they're the bad ones. They are the ones that we really just look at. But I think, like, statistically, it is an odd comment to make because a lot of people are like, let's crunch the numbers real quick on the cat lady thing, like does this does this have an effect on electability, like in a measurable way. So it's like in Arizona, where Trump only lost by ten thousand votes in twenty twenty, reportedly two hundred and thirty six thousand, seven hundred of the state's voters have cats, and at least ten thousand of them are women. So what are you gonna do now? Like in Pittsburgh, this second most populous city in Pennsylvania, nearly nine percent of women have cats. And yeah, like then there's like, well, I think we talked about this when he first said it, like the swifty thing, because everyone's like, our godhead is a cat loving person without children, we.
Speaker 1: Have actual she must hate America. Yeah, she doesn't have any reason to want the future to continue, want America to continue into the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah a kid, Yeah, Yeah, I don't know. I mean, what do you think just generally, do you think cat people or dog people are more politically engaged if you had to, if we had to make a generalization. I'm just trying to think because I like, I don't want to be like, I don't know. I feel like cat owners might be pretty savvy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as as a childless dog lady. I and this is no reflection on myself and my own political engagement, of course, but I think cat I think cat ladies.
Speaker 2: I think cat yeah, cat people. Yeah, the cat people would be like, hold on, man, Like I'm I pay attention to things. I like it.
Speaker 5: And they're like, I have this pet because I can leave it for extended period, can pop on its own, like I can just leave a big old dish of food out.
Speaker 6: It'll portion itself out. Like you know, they they're thinking ahead.
Speaker 1: They're not using that freedom to just go out and like vote constantly and get out the vote and knock on doors.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was funny to vote, But I've gotta have to out my dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that might be the new thing. They started saying, like dog people are the real Americans, and like pitting cat and dogs, Like what if you have both both? No such thing. There's no such thing. It's in either or situation in America.
Speaker 1: One Taylor Swift fan chillingly claimed that JD. Vance has quote secured his own demise, which.
Speaker 2: I love. Yeah, talking like more terrifying than like an offendage, you know, Taylor Swift or you know, just yeah, yeah, they're organized, they get organized, they get organized, and they're vocal. But then like there's also this thing too where obvious this had a ton of fallout because people were like what the fuck, Like this just again shows how regressive and like one dimensional like Republicans thinking are just like on any person that lives in this country. That his wife Usha had to go do like a like a very controlled interview on Fox because obviously, like that's what that's there for. It's like, let's pretend this is spontaneous, but merely this is a platform for you to rebut something terrible that your husband said. This is her talking about like what this is what? Lets let me just explain JD really quick. And I don't know if this makes much more sense, but again, this is Usha Vance talking to Ainsley Earhart on Fox about what the cat lady comment actually meant.
Speaker 16: There are a few comments that are out there that I have to ask you about in twenty twenty one, JD said, we are effectively run by a bunch of childless cat ladies taking aim at government leaders who don't have children.
Speaker 17: What was your reaction, Well, I mean I took a moment to look and actually see what he had said and try to understand what the context was and all that, which is something that I really wish people would do a little bit more often.
Speaker 16: And the reality is he.
Speaker 17: Made equipment service of making a point that he wanted to make that was substantive and it had actual meaning.
Speaker 2: This is such a like lawyer preamble that like my hairs are standing, k I get it, Yale edged like you were such a Yale educated lawyer that you first start up, Like it's really important that like we're able to like look at the context of like, okay, what the fuck. First of all, everybody listening to this should be ashamed of themselves just off off job, Yeah, yeah, okay, go on, go on, counsel.
Speaker 17: And I just wish sometimes that people would talk about those things and that we would spend a lot less time just sort of going through this three word forrame or that three word phrase, because what he was really saying is that it can be really hard to be a parent in this country, and sometimes our policies are designed in a way that make it even harder. Oh and we should be asking ourselves.
Speaker 7: Why is that true?
Speaker 17: What is it about our leadership and the way that they think about the world that makes it so hard sometimes for parents. And that's the conversation that I really think that we should have. And I understand why he was saying that.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, first of all, motherfuck.
Speaker 1: He was saying that he was like trying to big up the welfare state, like he was trying to get people like parents more help. That was what he was like, we should give people more paid leave.
Speaker 2: That's just talking about child tax credits, expanding child tax credits.
Speaker 1: That I did not see that at all. We need her to like read, do more readings. That was like a psychic reading level.
Speaker 2: Like stretch.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Actually, so here's if you look at the first letter in each of the words and then you create a word scramble out of those, right, then yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 1: That couldn't have been further from the general vibe of what he was saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm also unclear how a the childless cat ladies but also I'll even toss in the corporate oligarchs, like how's that making your day to day life as a dad really hard? Because I'm also gonna guess jd Vance is doing minimal childcare.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's. Oh did you hear that quote about shut the hell up about Pokemon? No, he says, dude, yes, hold on. He was on the fucking bro podcast, the Full Send podcast, where Tucker Carlson was talking about his love of fucking zin pouches. Oh yeah, oh this shit is wild, because again jd Vance fucking sucks. So this is him like surrounded by like that like weird fucking Seltzer like happy be Dad or whatever the fuck it's called, like happy Dad Seltzers, and he's talking about how he missed like the call from Trump that he was going to be the VP because his kid. Just this is this is this is how he tries to relate to some like childless dudes.
Speaker 18: So hey, I'm like, oh no, So I call Trump and I'm like, hey, sir, what's going on. He's like, Jad, you missed a very important phone call and now I'm gonna have to pick somebody else. And I'm you know, I like tense up and almost have.
Speaker 2: A heart attack.
Speaker 18: And the crazy thing about it is my son, who's seven, is in the hotel room with me, and he's really into Pokemon cards right now. He's going through a Pokemon phase. Are you guys into Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Back in the day. Yeah, that's a big phase right now, I think in general.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, So, I mean he's really into it. So he's trying to talk to me about Pikachu and I'm on the phone with Donald Trump, and I'm like, son, shut the hell up for thirty seconds about Pikachu is the most important phone call in my life. Please just let me take this phone call.
Speaker 6: So wow, such a cool guy. I mean, he's he's so funny. All those guys are so many.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like his way to like relate to is like, hey, man, I can be a dismissive absent father too.
Speaker 1: You can get my kids. Man.
Speaker 2: Don't you know he doesn't say hell?
Speaker 6: You know, he said shut the fuck up?
Speaker 2: Right? Hey, why don't you shut the fuck up about Pikachu?
Speaker 1: Do you know how important I am?
Speaker 2: Do you know how important I am? Go on, mister president. Yeah, I got to shut the fuck up about right? You also, sorry, man, he's talking about all the evolutions.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like so you don't think he's an involved dad that guy?
Speaker 2: Can you shut that?
Speaker 1: But he's just again he would you get this little fucker out of here talking about Pokemon or whatever?
Speaker 2: Or you think he does a thing where he's like, hey, your son's talking about Pokemon again and bothering dad. You are one thousand, you know what I mean? That old that old move that I've heard before, Like you're you sound like your mother? Yeah, yeah, talking about that, or expanded child tax care credit, child care credits, or you know how difficult it is for people to be like it's so funny. Again, all of these things are so much tied to quality of life, and like the social safety nets we have in the United States, which again the Republicans are for destroying all of them. We need, we need an expansion on these kinds of programs, like you know, like at a minimum, like what about a living wage? Like that also affects people's calculus. Why would it's very difficult to even want to have a child, to bring a child into the world when you yourself are struggling to have your most basic needs met, so to have that come from a party that stands for making life as hard as possible for everyone except billionaires. It's like you're talking absolute horseshit. And I think that's why, like everyone just kind of sees he just has this like vibe of like trying to reflect like whatever he thinks that people around him are gonna want to hear. So it's like, all right, I don't lean back. We're talking about zim pals and stuff. They're gonna love how I'm like, dude, shut up about pokemon, am I right? Guys? Yeah? And then like deep in like what he takes his clown makeup but like off at night. Every night he's just crying in the mirror because he's like, yeah, become this aberration. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It takes his happy clown makeup off and there's a sad clown makeup underneath. She has the same thing that Ivanka. Ivanka is the daughter, right not Ivanka.
Speaker 2: Had Remember who he's married to. It's a cog right.
Speaker 1: In which one of those Yeah, there's like this cognitive dissonance where they just like have a box, like a black box in their head where like horrifying policy, like authoritarian white supremacist policy goes in and like out comes this like weird reinterpretation that makes it a like progressive policy that they can like live with. Like I remember her doing that like in speeches back before she was like distanced herself from the whole operation. But yeah, that was that was a stretch, Yeah, to be like, yeah, I think what he meant was it's hard to be a parent and the government doesn't help us enough.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you think.
Speaker 1: He wants more paid parental leave and more support for parents?
Speaker 2: You want this to be the literal nanny state? Right, Okay, my god, then bring it.
Speaker 6: And she's kind of just advertising him as a really shitty communicator because what she had to say over and over again was well if you if you look at the context, what do you really meant to say?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Like she's having to translate for him because apparently he is such a poor communicator, not even off the cuff. When you are writing something so practiced and publishing it on X that you then need to have someone like backfill that.
Speaker 6: Right, No, that's not really working, but it does.
Speaker 5: I mean, I do love another you know, the trope of the wife who has to translate for her misogynistic husband, he is carrying on that tradition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, which might be the most relatable thing. It's like, yeah, I'm related, I'm married to a ship bag. Can y'all relate? Yeah? Am I right? Lady? Yeah? All the women at the Republican rally, she's doing open mic ship She's like, these guys are fucking babies? Am I right? Ladies? They're like he can't even heat up milk? What the fuck is wrong with this guy? I don't know, but yeah, I mean like that's funny the milk again.
Speaker 5: Also three word phrases, a three word phrase, all of the three, you know, the different three word phrases, just like, yeah.
Speaker 2: What are the other three? I'm like, what else? Lumping like before that is like, you guys are just weird. Certified couch fucker, yeah, certified couch fucker. Yeah, it's just like, yeah, convicted sex offender. You know, these are just three word phrases that are meant to completely rob us of any context. And what my husband meant to say is we need more social safety net programs or parents, and we need to actually have an emphasis on prenatal care for expecting parents that's all. That's all. Oh is that not on the platform? Okay, okay, well then you got me.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Please like and review the show.
Speaker 1: If you like, The show means the world to Miles. He needs your validation.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday by at