Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The thrilling excitement of March Mania is here.
Speaker 1: In Draft kingsports Book, one of America's top rated sportsbook app, is giving new customers a shot to turn five books into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bet with any college basketball bet. North Carolina listeners don't forget. Draft King sports Book is now live in your state. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app and use code Shannon. New customers can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draftking Sportsbook with Cold Shannon.
Speaker 2: A crowned is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight op and wired text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino Wan Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See DKNG, dot CO, slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming Resources.
Speaker 1: Bronnie is possibly transferring he and put his name into transfer portal. Questions about bronnie future I picked picked up this week after coach Andy Innfield left for head coaching Vegas at SMU. Maybe he goes there. Lebron addressed the rumors last night. Let's take a listen to what Lebron had to say.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know where it came from, but at the end of the day, Bronnie is his own man, and he has some tough decisions to make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when he's ready to make these decisions, he'll let us all know. But as his family will support whatever he does.
Speaker 1: Bronnie is eligible to ender his name into the NBA Draft, but Mark drafts Select suggests that he's likely to go undrafted. In twenty twenty four, he had an underwhelming fresh season at USC. Understanding that what transfered this summer, it's just a miracle that he was even on the court. Played twenty five games, averaged a little less than five points, little less than three rebounds to assist the game. The Trojan failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament for the first time since twenty nineteen. But the sure fact he overcame, the sure fact that he overcame that health scare was amazing feat in and of itself. And so I think it'd be wise for him to go back, and maybe he gets a clean bill of help and he's able to play thirty minutes, thirty five minutes, and because he was on a minutes restriction, showed some flashes of athleticism. But like Lebron said, and I'm sure Lebron here and his mom and Savannah's gonna help. But Lebron, like you said, he got some tough decisions he gotta make, and you just support him in whatever he decides to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 4: When they said he was training, I mean transferring, I'm like, that isn't sound like Bronnie. Like, you know, Bronnie is not a Twitter. He's gonna he's gonna stick it out. He's he's a loyal kid, right, Yeah, I know his coach left, but it's not like he played him any goddamn way, right, you know, you know I hear Musclemen might be the coach coming in now, Erry Eric Musselman.
Speaker 2: That would be great for Bronnie.
Speaker 4: I played on the muscle Muscleman gave me my shot in Golden State.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: He's one of those fiery, fiery small guard type of players. So if if you're playing the right way, he loves to play small ball. He had played four or five guards. If you have to right, he's gonna put up a lot of threes. And that's gonna play to Bronnie's uh strips where they're just going up and down down. I think they will stick it out. I don't see Bronnie just getting up and leave. He's he loves it in La. His home is here, his his family, hears his friends here, his in this year, I don't see him going to He said, m Misshu, where is that.
Speaker 2: At Southern SMU? And that's in Dallas. Nah Nah.
Speaker 4: They got money that they got, they got money. Unfortunately that's Barnnie James. Bronie James got money. That's one person you're not gonna sleep with him back.
Speaker 2: He got that already.
Speaker 1: Uh Ja Moran fires his longtime agent woe treated Ja Morant has fired his longtime agent Jim Tanner have parted way.
Speaker 2: Sources tail the ESPN.
Speaker 1: Tanner had represented Morant since coming out of Murray State as the number two overall draft pick in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: What do you think is next for Josh? Right now?
Speaker 4: We're just happy for what does this move till you get? What does this move tail you? I think he's cleaning house. I think he's cleaning the house. He's surrounding himself with Uh. I can't say nothing about his agent, smarter people, people who canna take to that next step, you know. Uh, the fact that he's stayed out of the line, like you know, he's getting healthy, right. You know, for the most part his troubles was his cell phone, right, and you know the fact that he's laid low. I think everybody just can't wait the next year with him. And I think he's just gonna this summer is gonna be a real rebranding form. And you know, just like you know everybody in Memphis, you just can't wait for him to come back, just to see the magnitude of who he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see what comes, how he bounces back from that injury, what he had. I mean, he's a phenomenal player. Got an opportunity to see him a couple of times in person. And the way he can elevate, the way he can contwart his body, the way he plays the effort. And he's such a small guy. Yeah yeah, he's stinn Yeah yeah, yeah, but you know what, he has a tremendous foundation. If you look at him from waist down, he ain't feel like he is from from waist up. So he have a true He have a tremendous foundation. He has a tremendous foundation. And he has to have jill because he spends so much time up in the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that's gonna be that's gonna be something that he's gonna have to learn and five and find him. Uh, he should study like the uh the Shades right now, study the Jordan.
Speaker 2: Or Kobe like them.
Speaker 4: Then later on years when they started posting up, they started staying lower to the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have to jump out the jail on every place, jump out of the gym.
Speaker 4: Only a fast breaking, wide open lanes. Right for the most part, you know, work on your floaters. You're up and unders right, you post your phase right for that longeogardy because you know, every time you jump, you're not jumping like, you're not windy jumping, where he's just using arms, You're using your jumping ability.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, Winby barely barely has to jump in order to block your shot. He definitely, he definitely could be an eedy where he doesn't even need to allow him to cut down the day he just start cutting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I mean that's that's that's that's great for him.
Speaker 4: You know, that's his advantage where you know he's gonna stay from getting those ankle springs that you know, normally a lot of big guys get.
Speaker 2: So you know with John just you know, this is one.
Speaker 4: Of those years where he just studies the game and study longevity type of a game, right ye, and give us the excitement, give us the excitement plays when you know you.
Speaker 2: Have that runway space, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just hopefully he had an opportunity to do a lot of self reflecting. Look at some of the things that he did great, some of the things that they didn't go quite so well, learn from those and says, okay, come out as a better person.
Speaker 2: Start the twenty twenty four seasons.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited to see what holds what what the what the season holds for Job Morant. So, uh, he's parting ways with his long time agent, Jim Tanner. I'm sure that that didn't come It's didn't come easy because when you've been somewhere and you build up a relationship with the agent. I've had my agent since nineteen ninety six, Okay, and so wish him Job the best of luck, speedy recovery. Let's get twenty two, let's twenty four, Let's get it. Josh Hart jokes that Jimmy Hart, Jimmy Hart, Jimmy Butler does side quest until the NBA playoffs are said, Jimmy kind of does side quest during during the year until until about April.
Speaker 2: Then he starts locking in.
Speaker 1: I'm sure people are going to see him see that maniac competitive side. Now that he's done with the side quest, he's on the main He's on the main quest.
Speaker 2: Yill, what do you.
Speaker 1: Because Jimmy there, you I know if we've ever seen a guy they go to that that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you look at what he does in the regular season.
Speaker 1: I mean we see guy Jordan and increase his playoff average, he's your thirty four career, his playoffs scoring averages thirty three.
Speaker 2: Kevin Uran average.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven, twenty seven to twenty seven three, he goes to twenty eight twenty nine. Lebron average twenty seven to twenty seven one, he goes to twenty eight and a half. So we've seen guys incrementally, we ain't seen a guy like Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this can go either way.
Speaker 4: Right, a guy at his magnitude averaging twenty during the regular season, right, are we looking at this wrong?
Speaker 2: Are we looking at.
Speaker 1: This guy who's who's she'll be doing more in the regular season, he's gonna match what he does in the postseason?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we're we're looking at this big gap of a performance. Right, We're saying this guy is finals MVP style, right, Eastern Conference Finals. We're giving them this Jimmy Butler, this this juggernaut playoff Jimmy playoff Jimmy. But it's seventeen games when the eighty two games he's just passing through, Like, are like right, everyone? The Tatum's right, The Tatum is averaging twenty seven and then in the playoffs averaging twenty nine. I'm pretty sure, if Jason Tatum averaged twenty in regular season and then average twenty nine, we'll be looking at, oh, this is the best performance that But these guys are maximizing their talent. And you know, Jimmy is averaging twenty twenty one playing as a second third option and then in the playoffs he turns it on.
Speaker 2: That seems like.
Speaker 4: It kind of you know, it seems backwards to what we're telling you know, are are our fans and telling the youth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because okay, you give us that count of performance in the postseason. What's going on in the regular season. Yeah, because the basket didn't change. The teams are just as difficult that you're going to because those teams that you played in the playoffs you played against him in the regular season. So what's so different about the postseason than the regular season? Like I said, I understand incremental growth in points and scoring or rebounding or whatever the case may be, but not to not that not that vast of a difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, what is he in scoring per game where he's raked?
Speaker 2: Is he even twenty? He averaging twenty points this year? He's averaging twenty one.
Speaker 4: Tyler Hero I mean, you got Terry averaging twenty bam averaging nineteen, right, so he's he's he's ranked thirty five, right, so it's like like you're scoring with Terry Rose year, scary Terry. That's where you're you're seeing your game is and then you turn into a playoff player. If he was playing like an all star, right, all NBA player, and he was averaging twenty six in the playoffs, will we be excited about it?
Speaker 2: If he was?
Speaker 4: Think if he was averaging twenty eight and twenty six, the only reason we're excited about this is because it's twenty to twenty six, so we're like, ooh right, right, But if he was averaging the twenty six in regular season, averaging point nine more points, we were like, eh, right, and then we see him d go go get fifty seven, We see him get fifty, we see him get the forties. You're like, but you know what I think it is that kind of makes him special.
Speaker 2: Right. As much as I can.
Speaker 4: Say I don't like the style, is he is excellent when he needs to be be. Yeah, So it's hard for me to say I don't like the way Jimmy approaches the game because when he needs to be great, he doesn't fail right those like in the playoffs. What he does is the last five minutes he takes over regular season and he doesn't take over in the last.
Speaker 2: Five he'll defer, right, he defers in the last time.
Speaker 4: In the playoffs, it is Jimmy buckets in the playoffs the last five minutes, he is great in the last five minutes.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm pretty sure if Miami and Spole.
Speaker 4: And pat Riley didn't like the way he played, he would have changed his game. So the fact that they haven't done anything about it, it'll be okay with them. And if it makes sense to them, it makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: LaVar Ball blames the NBA training staffs and the Pumas raggedy shoes for his son's injury. LaVar Ball said, I quote the reason they heard is because they got away from me and they start doing these rudy two workouts. Because if you keep running them ill, you're going to keep that power and strength. But you start dealing with those rubber bands and doing lightweight stuff, of course you're gonna start breaking down. A lot of things have to do with the raggedy shoes that mil Mims shoes are not made the right way for him. That's why he keeps tweaking his ankle every single time.
Speaker 4: I understand what he's saying when he said, you know he coming from a football background, just like you said. Yes, you guys understand that something that the new these new doctors don't have the understanding. They think more rest creates longevity, not realizing your muscles staying strong.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why I say that if you're lifting every day and then you don't live for a week and then go out there and try.
Speaker 2: To perform, your muscles.
Speaker 4: Is not ready for what your body wants to do, and you get these little reps. So I understand what LeVar, because the study is showing that the more you're resting the guys, the more they're getting hurt.
Speaker 2: Now, when it comes to shoes.
Speaker 4: Shoe companies and players really have to understand their feet in the shoe. Sometimes the shoe, the shoe heels sol it's too big for a guard. You're talking about a guard like a a irie, a staff, uh.
Speaker 2: A lamello. That back the back part of that shoe needs to be more.
Speaker 4: Of a a curl versus a block.
Speaker 2: You like we need our ankles to give, so when we write down, we're coming down on our ankle, so it needs to roll.
Speaker 4: Sometimes the the bottom of the shoe is too thick, which when your ankle rolls it snaps quick instead of yeah, it snaps. And the most I think the best ankle supported shoes is the Jordan's. The protection is in the heel part. It's not the top. The top is that's flamsy. That has nothing to do with nothing. But people are like, oh, you don't have the men's and the lows. You don't got no angle support. The angle supporter is in the heel, right, the heel structure, keeping your your your your your foot in place is the key to it. So I don't know anything about the pumas, but it kind of does look bad structurally that he keeps getting hurt in your shoe.
Speaker 2: So whatever you're.
Speaker 1: Doing, so to ask your question, so, what's uh, what's Lonzo's excuse you don't wear pumas?
Speaker 2: I think I mean.
Speaker 4: He did hurt us his original and he he hurt his shoe and his daddy's shoe in big ball with that with that shoe raggedy with that big ball shoe raggedy.
Speaker 2: I I'm pretty sure it's right. There's a difference. I think there's a difference between a player's shoe and the shoe that they sell in.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, they need to really worry about what the structure of the shoe feels like for the player himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you're selling the shoe is.
Speaker 1: No, because I'm sure they do all kind of they do all kinds of monitoring. They put you in those things and they see how you stand, and they have you run, and they see, as you said, the doors reflection of your ankle.
Speaker 2: How does it roll?
Speaker 1: I pronated in, so I didn't really roll over the top gill. I rolled in because I was kind of you know, yeah, that's what normal, That's what normally happened to me. But structurally, anatomically, my parents was messed up. I got both my hell for replaces. My sister in a month is getting in two weeks of getting both of her hills replace. My brother got one of his hips replaces. He's gonna get a knee replace. You see, ain't got nothing to do with you. My sister ain't play those sports, and she about to get both other hell for replates.
Speaker 2: So my brother played seven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she ain't play those sports and so for and sometimes structurally, uh huh?
Speaker 2: Is that I don't.
Speaker 1: Think when God created us, I don't think he creates like, you know what, y'all want you to be out there playing football.
Speaker 2: You know, I want y'all to be playing basketball. I want you to.
Speaker 4: Jump up high and you know you let somebody's ankle you start.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of twork.
Speaker 1: Even though mellow is the feeding frame, that's still to be running fast. You can with the basketball stop going in a different direction.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a lot of twerk on those joints.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's really like when when when you're talking about just the basic mechanics, you have to understand your body.
Speaker 2: And it's weird that the whole.
Speaker 4: Family is built strong, but the two the two boys, right, uh yeah, everybody, but look out there, brother, it's all there.
Speaker 2: The yello. Yeah, get yello. He's built built like if dad and the other to a thin frame.
Speaker 4: And that and that's the that's the weird part about it. But I just think that when the taller you are, the lower your soul needs to be to the floor, right, Okay. I wish like like people ask me why did I Why did I wear running shoes? One? It was a thinner sole, lighter, right, I didn't like those big but like the Lebrons or like Anthony Davis, those big heel, two inch sole them two inch heel.
Speaker 2: The hell Now, like my son for the first time, Uh, he was trying out.
Speaker 4: He had a media day for his AAU team, put on basketball shoes.
Speaker 2: He went up for a layup where to his ankle.
Speaker 4: He's like, I never put on a basketball shoe again because he wears running shoes. Wow, the taller you get, the closer your foot needs to be to the ground.
Speaker 2: You can't be wearing motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Three inch high heels on your shoes and some of those and sole. Yeah, some of those shoes is two and a half inches. Like, let's say you measure without your shoes six five.
Speaker 2: With shoes, you want to be around six five, six six and a half.
Speaker 4: You start jumping into six seven and a half, you gotta watch it for your ankles. Wow, I got I mean. But here's the thing. More blacks are flat footed. We don't have a to begin with, So you have you know what I'm saying, Yeah, you know we I'm especially athletes, most athletes, Black athletes are flat footed. Yeah, and and so you have to we have like we used to have terrst shoes, but they have a narrow arch.
Speaker 1: Man, I couldn't wear that because I ain't have no arts to begin with. Man, I need hey, hey, I'm flat footed. I need something, and I gotta I gotta, I gotta wife foot. So I ain't got no I don't have a narrow foot, so I need something. Oh and ooh, look at the shoes right there. Yeah they look good, but I ain't gonna be able to play them because I'm an road slap over the.
Speaker 2: Top of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like there's some shoes that if I put them on, they they they just hurt my feet from the beginning, Like it just it just hit my feet. Like there are shoes that the bottom of my soul, like the bottom of my feet will burn.
Speaker 2: Yeah they didn't. Is just like I burn on the bottom of my feet. So like some shoes.
Speaker 1: You know, I can walk, I can step, I can stay, I can step on a penny and twist my oh go right right over the top. Okay, okay. Angel Reese made a decision today.
Speaker 4: She said to end of the twenty twenty four NBA nw NBA draft.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: After much anticipation, Angel Reese announced her decision. Let's take a listen to her announcement.
Speaker 4: By near.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do this four years. Where to begin, to my family, my mom, my MBC SO Baltimore and the terms, to l s U p MA, home, to my teammates and coaches, managers and trainers, to God and it's blessing of a life. Thank you. This was a difficult decision, but I trust the next chapter because I know the author. By you, Barbie Out.
Speaker 1: By you, Barbie Out. I love that. I love that. The w NBA draft is just right around the corner. April fifteenth in New York. He has been latest mark draft. Have her going seventh to Minnesota. Where do you think the best fit for her is going to be? Back Indiana. Fever has the first pick, Sparks have the second, Sky third, Sparks have the fourth pick, the fourth pick, Wings have the fifth, Mystics have the seventh, the sixth, Minnesota have the seventh pick, Sky have the eighth, the Wings have the knight, and the Connecticut Suns have the tenth.
Speaker 4: She's gonna be in the same color she's in right now, that purple and gold.
Speaker 2: She's going to the sparks. She's going to the sparks.
Speaker 4: Sparks need to rebounding bigs, two shot blocker type bigs and at the two they can take the girl from uh, South Carolina, the girl from and then Angel rees.
Speaker 2: That's the personality you need here.
Speaker 4: That's the the the person that's going to sell tickets, right, you need that personality in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Like the purple and.
Speaker 4: Gold is built off like names, names, charisma, style, swagger, right, and she she she checks those boxes off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it was a great run. She had an unbelievable career, made a name for herself with the fashion. You know, the eyelashes, she have a makeup on her lip gloss and she goes out there and she bawled. At the end of the day, she's she's a heck of a player. She UH represented Baltimore extremely well, she represented the LSU extremely well, and uh, I think she's making the right decision.
Speaker 2: There's nothing else for her to prove.
Speaker 1: She's won a national championship, she's been in All Americans, she's been SEC Player of the Year. It's time to go and this time you know, that's what you do. You graduate, you move on, and you says, Okay, I'm ready for the next chapter in my life. And as she said, she knows the author, so she gets to write the story in her own in her own words.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And because this seems like it was planned there there there, this has been a schedule drop on how she was going to release her her announcement.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that the only way she was gonna come out is if her brand itself was in a big city.
Speaker 2: I don't see the way this has all been dropped.
Speaker 4: I don't see she was She's coming into this draft not knowing where she's going.
Speaker 2: I don't see that.
Speaker 4: I just don't see that she's gonna end up in Minnesota somewhere.
Speaker 2: I just don't see it. I think that.
Speaker 4: This her her her brand was gonna be in the big city of New York, or in l A or Chicago.
Speaker 2: It's the only that's where her brand needs to be. Yeah, absolutely, absolutely. She is a She is an.
Speaker 1: An l a l a young lady, and like you said, her brand and what she wants to do, what she's trying to represent. I think l A is the is the ideals situation for her. I wish her the best. Dwine Hi's this for Angel Reech, Dwan Hi's as unk and Gil. How do you feel about all the hate Angel Reaves has gotten since last year?
Speaker 4: It kind of it got more hate than I got the go ahead, you go ahead, listen. Only successful people get hate. And if you if you're not getting hate, you're not doing nothing that irritates people, right, You're you're doing just enough to keep people out your business.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: The fact that she does get hate lets you know she's she's good. She's doing something that you don't like and it's irritating you, so you don't like her.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of the hate for Angel rees her and ire kind of different. A lot of the dislike and the jealousy and the mby come from people that look like me. A lot of the hate and the envy and jealousy at her looks like don't look like her, Yeah no, yeah, because they don't like See, this is allway. This goes back to Jack Johnson and Muhammad Ali. They don't like They think.
Speaker 4: You should be humble and meet, be thankful that we allow you to play our sport. Be thankful that we allow you to take our money, Be thankful that we watch you.
Speaker 1: But if you're great and you brag, or you both and you back it up, that's not how you're supposed to be. I want my athletes to be seen and not heard. So nobody cares what you want. You're not the athlete. You don't get to determine how we behave. And I said, sport. I mean, she's a double double machine.
Speaker 2: What she gave you.
Speaker 1: Seventeen and twenty and in the elite a game on the bum akle?
Speaker 2: Why why why do we have well such and such. Don't do it like that? That's not what this would do. So but they did. They did.
Speaker 1: Kayl Is Clayon is kayln Kaylyn Clark might not talk, but do you see those those Mann rhythms on the court?
Speaker 4: She was she was like, she like, if we're saying that mannerism that the same mannerism that.
Speaker 2: You hate Anguries four came from Kaylyn Park. It was her man. It was her this, yes doing this.
Speaker 1: The players like, no, no, no, we like that, we like that, like that. We don't like we don't we don't.
Speaker 2: Don't you do.
Speaker 4: Larry Bird, one of the biggest trash talkers ever ever.
Speaker 2: Right, John stopped and like it's part of the game, Like, so just let it go.
Speaker 4: You just you're just mad that it happened back right when when when when Kaylen was doing it to the South Carolina girls, no one cared yo as couldn't shoot And she turned.
Speaker 2: Around on you. That's your.
Speaker 4: Going out there. That's a hooper. Hooper does that. You can't shoot, I'm not guarding you turn around. That has nothing to do with black and white. Right, you can't shoot? Huh, I'm brick.
Speaker 2: She can't shoot the gun? Where?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you do. And yeah, and you know, look look and you look. I think the thing is is that I think I've been around it. You've been around it long enough. A lot of people are happy that LSU lost, of course, because angels on that team. And that's just that's just the way it is. We we we like to see you rise, but then there's there's a fraction of us like to see the downfall as well.
Speaker 2: It's it's now now. The w n b A has this hm.
Speaker 4: They this is a moment that they need to capture.
Speaker 2: They have a right read that's coming into the NB into the W. They do not.
Speaker 4: Make those games wherever those two go marquee games, yep, on special whatever, your special, whatever, your special summer day is, fourth of.
Speaker 2: July, whatever they need. Those games need to be hyped.
Speaker 4: Like when Magic and Bird came into the it was them two, them too.
Speaker 2: What those two played, it was war.
Speaker 4: You will have a built in audience already for both groups. If you do not, if you do not exploit it, something that's wrong with you. And where you guys are you should be like I said it on you know, Jills Arena. If I'm the USA team and the W Kaylen Clark would be invited, Juju would be invited, and Jerise would be invited, and Page would be invited to that team.
Speaker 1: I think I think Kate ln Clark with only one invited, right, all of them will.
Speaker 4: These are the four big These are the four biggest names in women's basketball period right now. Sabrina is probably fourth or fit in Asia, fifth and six. Those four girls in women's basketball right now is the biggest names. When you're talking about going to Paris, those four jerseys will out sell every jersey on the rest of that team.
Speaker 2: Those are gonna be.
Speaker 4: The biggest jersey sales for w NBA and women's.
Speaker 2: All four of them will move units.
Speaker 4: So if you do not put them on the team, you are doing your league of diss justice. When the NBA that oh Fort and they put Lebron, James, then Carmelo and d Wade on the team, people were like, oh, Lebron lost thee. Lebron didn't play, Melo didn't get off that bench.
Speaker 2: It was for the names. It was to build their game.
Speaker 4: These are our young futures, and we're gonna put them on the team. You're you're only gonna go about eight deep anyway, so you don't really need to play the four. And if you do, they're for specialty moments, right You're using them for the names. You're building these names for your league's future.
Speaker 2: I do not care about who deserves to be there.
Speaker 4: Congratulations has need to be cut off to move the needle in your sport.
Speaker 2: And if you're not willing to cut it off, do not complain. Right, Well, I think these I think Kayln Clark.
Speaker 1: If you look at the team that I really watch is the acest the Vegas team. Look at the passion and the fire the Asia plays with. Look at Chelsea Gray, look at Kelsey Plum. I love that passion that you could tell it means something. And they fighting tooth and nail. I mean, I love uh Stewart U d T. I meant I met DT when she was still Uh. I met DT when she was just she was As a matter of fact, she had might have just that, might have just won the national the national championship her last year. I think this was like four I met Uh I retired, might have been five when I was Uh the All Star Game was in was in Denver, and I met her.
Speaker 2: I just love, I love. I love the way they play. I love the energy, the passion in which they bring.
Speaker 1: And Asia and Uh Caitlin Clark, she definitely brings that passion. Page brings that passion. Now Juju was a little bit more some dude. She's a little bit more some dude, but she a game strong. Page is fiery. You know, A She's not that long that lineage of of Yukon great players. But I agree with you, Gil, I think this is a golden opportunity for the w n b A to take advantage. I wish it could be like the College for the men that Juju could go if that's what she wanted to do, she could go to the w n B A because I think her game is strong enough to go. Page has already made the decision that she's coming back, But the other the others are going.
Speaker 2: But and and that's why I said that you need to build.
Speaker 4: You need to build that relationship for your your your w n.
Speaker 2: B A fan base. You need think about it. Just think about it.
Speaker 4: Globally, we're watching how big the Elite was right now, the same four girl the US team.
Speaker 2: What does that do to that fan base? They're gonna watch it too.
Speaker 4: Now you're gonna be sitting People are gonna be sitting here trying to figure out when the w NBA because we never had what's the last time you watched a USA Girls game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I watched GIL.
Speaker 4: But at some point in time, Gil, you gotta start bringing some new girls on.
Speaker 1: K DT ain't gonna play in twenty eight. Now she's coming back in twenty four. I think this is gonna be like a fifth Olympics. Sue Bird has already retired. I mean, at some point in time, you need to start bringing the influx of young girls in there so they can get some experience on the international level.
Speaker 4: In experience, I mean, you get the experience your jersey said like this is they're never gonna get the opportunity they have today. They would not get it again for a while. That's why this moment in time.
Speaker 2: Is very important from them. The NBA had.
Speaker 4: Seen it and they capitalized. They seen when Kobe was when Jordan left, Jordan left the game, Kobe right there, t mac Kevin Garnet. They were looking like they were coming in their own NBA win Young two thousand and one draft all high school kids, Bull took off and that's where the game has been going.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: You have to look at the moment of time and they don't come often, and when it comes, you got to strike and strike fast.
Speaker 1: Or put them on the oh because Kelsey Plumb because remember they got a three on three tournament in the Olympics too. Guys in Gail Hey let him Hey because Kelsey Plumb was on the three on three team with Stephanie Donaldson. I forget some of the other young ladies. That was a part of that. But they got at some point in time. You got to get them international experience. You got to get them.
Speaker 4: I mean they you gotta get I mean it's just like you have to somehow try to bridge this beat, right, and the gap that is that is that is that the w don't have is Juju's fan base, right, uh, Page Baker's fan base, right, the fan base.
Speaker 2: Like those girls got the high school girls still.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm gonna tell you somebody who played as smart Sabrina played like she. The reason she's so big is because all her shoes is in high school basketball. High school basketball boys is wearing it. All the girls is wearing it. So when Nike are putting their shoes out, they're not giving them the KDS and back then the Giannises, the Paul.
Speaker 2: George, they're giving them Sabrinas right.
Speaker 4: So she can so she can push her her product and to the youth kids.
Speaker 1: Caitlin Clark is the next one. You're gonna get a signature shoe. Yeah, Adida's niked. Someone needs the ground. I'm gonna go throw a bag of them. Hey, I'm throwing a.
Speaker 4: Bag like this is the time when you got to capitalize.
Speaker 2: Why the fire is hot, you don't and you miss it. You missed it.
Speaker 4: There's nothing you can do about it, right, So congratulations Angel a great outstanding college career.
Speaker 1: Much success to you. Moving forward by you. Barbie is on the move headed to the w NBA. Vince, Carli and Chounson Billy will be part of the Nate Smith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty four. The rest of the twenty twenty four ductees will be a now Saturday evening at the NCAA Men's Final Four. What do you think about BC, Vin Sanity and Chauncey going into the Nate Smith Basketball Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: I think it's great.
Speaker 4: You know, both both players, you know, had remarkable careers. You know, Vin Sanity is Vincanity, right, he was a highlight reil. He's the one who really put Toronto on the map, right, yep. If it wasn't for Vince accepting Toronto and understanding that.
Speaker 2: What he does and who he is can.
Speaker 4: Like put a light on the whole country, the Toronto we see today, it was because of Vince.
Speaker 2: Vince.
Speaker 4: Like the women that was there, no one knew those women was there until Vince was throwing already's there, right, and you're going to like, what where didin't come from? This is what Toronto haves. Toronto's my He's the one who did that.
Speaker 2: So you know he deserves it.
Speaker 4: You know, Chauncey, you know, has been solid and you know that that championship, big shot, big shot billups that championship. He brong the Pistons, where I consider that Piston team's the best defensive team the Pistons ever had. Right when you're talking about defense, that was a defensive team. The other team was Brewt hacking in all that, right they you know what Jordan them said, they played dirty basketball that twenty fourteen They were a defensive team. They out smart as you They didn't use the f physical they were smarter, they played basketball and they understood how to play defense with the rules of the game.
Speaker 2: Right. So, and Chauncey was the leader of that, and he deserves it. I know Chauncey.
Speaker 1: He went to Georgia Washington in Denver, right down the street from where I was where I lived at the time.
Speaker 2: So I've been knowing him since he was in high school. Great guy.
Speaker 1: Actually, I just saw him when I went to I saw Prime them played when they played and played at CU. They was up at CEU. He happened to be there, so I had a great conversation with him. I'm happy for him also Fall Advance when he was at m C Toronto and Orlando.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for those guys also.
Speaker 1: But I'm really, really especially excited for Chauncey because I've been knowing him. I've been knowing him seeming for like thirty years or so. Well, well deserved, well deserved. The one year he's spent at Colorado to play college ball for his hometown college team. Well it's in Bolder, but it's it's what's great, and I'm excited for Chauncey to represent the going to the Basketball Hall of Fame, and congratulations to him events and the rest of the class that will be announced Saturday during the final for the men. So congratulations guys into the rest of the class that's coming tonight, coming on next coming Saturday. Gail, it's time for our last save of the night and it's a Q and A.
Speaker 2: As just tiving.
Speaker 1: We're experiencing some issues with guys with people being able to donate and ask questions, so we're working on that ASAF, so just bear with us.
Speaker 2: Upgrade.
Speaker 1: King says, greetings, nightcap, fans shouldn't MVP war for you, most valuable player, not the best player in the league while we complicate their ward or change the names.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, gentlemen, that's what the players, the players themselves.
Speaker 4: We have that question, is it the most valuable player or the best player on the best team?
Speaker 2: Where where you know what I mean? We do that.
Speaker 4: No one gets a real definite answer to this, right, Like we've seen what OKC looks like without shape.
Speaker 6: Right, right, That means his value, his importance to that team's success is very high, right.
Speaker 2: Which means he is a valuable player to his team. Right. It's it's.
Speaker 4: It reminded me of when Westbrook was having a triple double. Right, he had to play one thousand miles an hour. He had to rub his engine up to maximum to get them to win.
Speaker 2: When you're on the best team, you don't necessarily.
Speaker 4: Have to go one hundred percent all the time because you were all these guys with you. When Steph, Curry and Clay and Katie was together, they didn't have to go one hundred percent, right because hey, you you you go, you go, you go, and then I'll fit in where Russell to play against you guys, he can't take a playoff No, so we we we always.
Speaker 2: Had that struggle with what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What does it? What does it really mean?
Speaker 4: That we don't get a real definition no one, No one knows because the people who are voted don't give out those answers.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Luke Husky asked, you think we'll see playoff P or pandemic P in the playoffs the last couple, well, this last playoff I think he got hurt. Yeah, playoffs before last the one Kawhi got hurt.
Speaker 4: That was playoff P, Playoff P. That's where he got his nickname from. I think I think Playoff P is coming. And you know, it's just right now, everybody seems to be getting healthier to get ready for this last push, and that's great for us. I don't see really anybody going into the playoffs with lingering injuries.
Speaker 2: Besides Shade, we.
Speaker 4: Don't really know, you know how serious that thigh is, right, But for the most part, most teams have their star players right now.
Speaker 2: Right. Kevira Norwood Jr.
Speaker 1: Love the orange blaber, orange blazer you had on yesterday on First Take. My question is who do you have winning defensive player? Of the Year in basketball and Gil, you're my favorite Wizard player. Thank you, bro. You know, I had to break out a little something because Steven they been on me lately about my gear. But he don't know I can put these rags together. I just you know, I want to make everybody feel good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think Wemby. I agree with Gil. I think Wemby shoul win defensive player of the year.
Speaker 2: Uh. And that's not a knock on them.
Speaker 1: That's not to knock on Rudy Gobert, but I think Winby has been just as impactful as and his blocks are just the shots that he's blocking. He's coming out of nowhere. I'm like, where he are you come from? He's chasing down people and blocking. He's just not coming weak side. He's chasing down people and blocking the shot. He chased Jokis down several times last night to block your shot.
Speaker 2: No, this is the real. If I'm folding, this is what I will, I will.
Speaker 4: I will base it off of if I took if I switched both of them, if I switched both players and said, all right, Rudy, you're you're You're the defensive player on the Spurs, and we're gonna take Winby. Would you have the same defensive rating. No, Rudy wouldn't because Rudy don't have the intangibles to do.
Speaker 2: The things Winby does. We're only judging me because.
Speaker 4: This team is bad. When he's in the game, they're ranked one in defense. Remember he's only playing twenty something minutes, so that means twenty minutes he's off the floor, which means this is what's going on when he's not on the When he's on the floor, they're ranked one and Minnesota's ringing two and they have multiple defensive players. Right, so Stingo handily he is number one by himself. Wow, I agree, I would vote Wimby. I think he's had a phenomenal season. He's even better than I thought. He's better than they advertise. Yep, they said he was gonna be good. He's better. He's better than what they said. Yeah, he's he's he's skilled, but he's gonna be more skilled. And you know, I'm like, man, this dude, so thing.
Speaker 1: Man, he can shoot the ball, he can put the ball on the floor at seven four and a half, seven to five, he's blocking shot, he hustles, He's gonna be and you know what, he's the next guy who's gonna get a quadruple double.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is man, He's gonna get multiple of those. Well, this is how we know he's good. There's only a few rookies that's came into the league that really dominated, you know what you mean, you're talking about Magic Bird.
Speaker 2: You got MJ. Shack shack, you know you have you know, Lebron came in.
Speaker 4: Shit, I mean, Alan Iverson came in. But for the most part with Luca, when you're talking about young, when you're talking about young, it's only a few now, right, Bird came in at twenty two. Jordan's you know when he played his birthday. He turned twenty two that year. But you're talking about Magic was all of nineteen right, nineteen, Yeah, Luca, you know weinby you know what I mean, these guys are on the whole different you know, stratosphere, and you know, I like what I'm seeing, and you know this is the rest of the sea is going to be great. The summer is gonna be very big for him. And I can't wait to see him next year. Yeah, I think he's gonna make it. He's gonna get better. He's gonna get stronger. He has an understanding of what the NBA is like. They're gonna increase his minutes.
Speaker 1: So you increase his minutes two to three, that's more opportunities for him to score, that's more opportunities for him to block shots.
Speaker 2: And so I think he's only gonna get better.
Speaker 1: Uh. He strikes me as a guy that's willing to put the work in because he wants to be great. He understands that he's been given a lot of God to give an ability and to replace. And the show how thankful he is to the manlelstairs him with that ability is to work his ass.
Speaker 2: Off with that skills. And so I'm anxious to see he makes you.
Speaker 1: I don't normally pay attention because I always thought, Uh, the Spurs were broccoli.
Speaker 2: They good to you, but they bored his hell to eat.
Speaker 4: You got to put cheese on them, and you gotta have you gotta have a nice steak.
Speaker 1: It's a baked potato to go along with it for you to digest it. But Wemby makes you want to watch the Spurs.
Speaker 2: He really does.
Speaker 1: He makes you want to watch the first and I think they got something really brewing and special guys. That's it for Nightcap. Thank you guys for watching another edition of Nightcap. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you hit that light button. And guys, do us a favorite. Please go vote for us for a Webby Awards for best Sports Podcast. We pin the link in the chat. We're in second place behind New Heights. We gotta catch these swifties. I might come up with me about five or six hundred emails and vote and just keep voting.
Speaker 2: Love them, go ahead. Someone in your chat said, who is Sam Vincent?
Speaker 4: Sam Vincent is our backup point guard for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Day Vincent no gave he left Gabe in Miami.
Speaker 4: The dude that we got here, Sam, We got Sam Vincent over here. We ain't seen Gabe yet. We ain't seen what the Miami had. We got Sam vin said, we got an all ego here, we got we got we gotta let it. We gott let it work here, We gotta work, let it let it work here. You let it work here? Hey? And when he when he? When did he need to earn his his person?
Speaker 2: Naim back? So right now for y'all, Sam Vincent.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you guys for Jordan for another episode of Nightcap. We pinned Please go vote for us for the Webby Awards. We'll greatly appreciate that we pinned it in the chat. Please make sure you, guys subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can't listen to us through the Club Shay shaped feed, but we greatly appreciate it if you listen and subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys again for selling out Shaved by Laportier.
Speaker 1: We are taking pre orders only and we pen the link at the chat at the top of the chat, So thank you guys. Also make sure you subscribe and listen to and watch Gill's Arena channel. He has a show that airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am Specific Time's Gil's Arenas channel on YouTube. His show airs Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am Pacific time. He also has a personal page that's on YouTube and it's called.
Speaker 2: No Chill Gil.
Speaker 1: That's his personal page, Gilbert Arena's personal page, No Chill Gil. Let's go get his subs up. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite UNC, Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite number zero, A batch, you man, Arizona Wildcat, legend, wizard.
Speaker 2: Great, go to State Orlando, you play with anybody else?
Speaker 4: And I wasn't good in Orlando. I was great A I played for Memphis till I was a bench warmer Memphis, I was the best bench warmer. I was the next is out there. You cheering them all, you throw them on them all.
Speaker 1: So thank you for joining us for another episode. Thank you guys, We're back tomorrows myself and O Joe. Thanks for joining us. Gil appreciate that. See you next week, bro, all right